#1 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Posted Image

Nothing Is Black And White

Her beloved boyfriend... Is he really what he seems?

Thread Two

Posted Image

Banner Information:
Title of the original Artwork: y 061b
Artist of the original Artwork: jdurham
Available at: morguefile.com
Link to the original Artwork: CLICK HERE
Banner created by: Me!
Original Image Upload Date: 7/3/09
Banner Adapted by: Melissa (Princess_Missy)

Blurb Thingy:

Life isn't going the way Amy wants it to. Her best Katie drops more than a couple of bombshells, one of them being that she is moving. This leads to others like that her brother is staying instead of her, and that she's signed Amy up to the singing competition, and that she only has a week to go.

But that's not all that Amy has to deal with. Her boyfriend, class hottie Jason Green, is hiding something and he will not spill the beans. Not to mention she is attracted to two other guys that she cannot keep her hands off.

Will life ever get better for Amy? Or is it about to get a whole lot worse?

Banner - Bermuda (Love) Triangle
Original Image Title: two doors, two colours, three people
Original Artist: antiguadailyphoto
Original Image Upload Date: 13th November, 2006
Image Adapted By: Char (CharliePantsxxx)

Edited by Ari-san, 01 September 2009 - 12:01 PM.
Banner Disclaimer links added; We're going Vertigo (Awards)!

#2 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

Chapter One

Today was normal school day. I had to wake up at 6:30 to catch the bus to school to get there by five to nine.

By the time I got in and found my locker, my boyfriend -Jason Green, voted schools most hottest guy, light brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, about 6 foot- and I were already kissing against my locker before school, as was our custom.

When we heard the bell ring we reluctantly pulled apart and headed to our classes (Mine was 10th grade English and his was 11th grade Bio).

When I got in, my best friend Katie -short for Katlyn- was sitting down reserving the two seats we always sat in. Middle row, two closest to the window.

"Hey" I whispered to her as I sat down.

"Hey" She whispered back, but somehow she didn't seem so lively as she usually does.

"Look, can I talk to you? There something I have to... um..." She looked uncomfortable. “Tell you" she finished, just as Mr. Massinople entered the room.

"Ok class, could you please put down your things and-". He paused and looked at Diego, one of the more troublesome kids in my class. Diego wasn't paying attention though, because it took him so long that someone had to elbow him to look up.

"Are you quite done Diego?" Mr. Massinople asked, clearly tired even through the day had barley started.

"Yes Sir" Diego muttered.

"Humph" was all Mr. Massinople said in response.

"Now, as I was explaining... This is Matthew Lightner. He has recently moved here to Melbourne from Perth. Everyone this is Matthew. Do you want to introduce yourself?" He asked Matt.

I couldn't help noticing that he extremely hot, the way his clothes hugged his body. And his cleanly shaven face looked so cute! Almost as cute as Jason. But not quite.

"Well, as Mr. M said, my name's Matthew Lightner and I moved here from Perth in Western Australia."

I think, by living in Australia all my life I would know where Perth is. But whatever.

As clapped him and he went to sit down, I could have sworn he smiled at me.

As class ended, Katie dragged me outside.

"What is it?" I asked her a little annoyed at the force at which she had pulled me.

"Amy" She said trying not to cry. "I'm moving!!” I stared at her, trying to hold back tears.

“You’re- You’re what?” I could see I was causing her stress to repeat it.

“I’m moving,” she whispered.

I froze. Katie had been my best friend since before we could talk. She was always there for me, even at four in the morning. She’s always been there. I don’t know what to do without her.

“When did you find out?” I managed.

She shook her head. Then she took off down the hall. I didn’t even bother following her. She was the fastest runner I know. She’s even in the school athletics team. So I didn’t chase her. What was the point? I wouldn’t have caught up to her anyway. She had left me speechless. I didn’t know what to do. Then someone bumped into me, bringing me out of my thoughts and knocking me to the floor.

“Ow!” I yelled.

I heard a deep males voice say “I’m so sorry, how clumsy of me. Are you ok?” I looked up. It was the new kid. Matthew Lightner.

“Oh” I said as he pulled me up.

“Yeah, I’ll live”.

“Are you sure?” He asked. He sounded worried. I laughed.

“I’m fine, I’m naturally clumsy anyway”.

“Well, if your sure” He still sounded concerned.

"I'm sure" I said, still laughing. I smiled. I don't know, but something about his concern made me smile. Then Jason came bounding round the corner.

“Hey babe” he said as he leant down and kissed me. And fireworks went off, just like they always do when I’m near Jason. Not real ones, but it’s like a burning sensation wherever he touches me.

“Hey” I breathed after he had pulled his lips away from mine.

“Well, I just uh, see you around I guess” oh my god! I completely forgot about Mattew.

“Um, yeah. I guess”. After that, he walked down the hall. I turned around to face Jason.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" I asked.

"Why?" Jason replied, smirking.

“Well, if your not doing anything, we could go out somewhere”. His smirk vanished.

“Tonight?” He asked.

“That’s what I sad, yeah” He was probably going to say no. Which sucked considering tonight is my only free night that we can go out. On top of schoolwork and my home life, it’s a wonder I have time fore anything anymore.

“Ahhh, can’t do it tonight”. Jason replied.

“Why not? This is the only free night I have this week”.

“Look, I’m sorry babe, I just can’t do it!” Jeez, it wasn’t like I was forcing him or anything.

“Ok, ok. No need to yell! God, I was only asking”. He was acting strange.

“Ok, alright. I’ll see you after school” He said before kissing me again. Just as the bell went.

The rest of the day, I didn’t see Katie. I was worried. I waited for her at our usual spot after school but she never came.

I emailed her when I got home.

Katie,
Why are you not speaking to me?
What did I do to make you angry at me?
Look. If you want to, we can go out tonight, since Jason can’t.
Please? I don’t even know how long I have left with you.
Please don’t leave me hanging.

Love Amy

She didn’t reply. So instead of going out with my best friend or my boyfriend, I have to stay home on the one night I can go out. As I was waiting for Katie’s reply I got another email. It said:

Hey Amy,
I hope you don’t mind, but I asked someone in your class for your email address. Her name was Tasha. I hope you don’t mind.
Anyway, the reason I emailed you is because I wanted to know if you were ok. I really didn’t mean to push you over. And you looked kind of upset in the first place. Is everything ok?

Matt Lightner

Why on earth would Matt Lightner, a guy I had only just met, be emailing me of all people???? Just to see how I am?? Heck why would a guy be emailing me at all???? This is really strange!!

I decided to email Matt back. He was just being nice and he really hadn’t done anything to upset me. I still wasn’t sure why he was even bothering with me. Ok, I am popular, but I’m not all that pretty. I’m not repulsive or anything, but I’m nothing special. And, apart from Jason, I never get guys talking to me. Ever. So why was this guy who I had only just met, who didn’t know a thing about me, be so eager to be all pally? It just didn’t make sense. But anyway, so I emailed him back:

He Matt,
It was sweet of you to ask if I was ok. I’m fine.
I’m not mad at you for asking Tasha for my address. She is one of my best friends, so it’s ok.
See you at school,

Amy

I turned my computer off and went down stairs. Mum was cooking dinner.

“Mum, um… Katie is moving”. I expected to see some shock or sadness, after all, Katie’s Mum was my Mum’s best friend too.

Mum sighed. “I know”.

“You knew??? You knew and you didn’t tell me??” I could feel anger rushing from inside me.

“Yes I knew. Debbie told me the day they decided”. Debbie was Katie’s Mum.

“And you didn’t tell me because…” I trailed off, inviting her to finish my sentence.

“Because I thought it’s something you and Katie needed to go through by yourselves. As a famous author once said, ‘If a friendship is strong, then it can withstand the force of distance’. You’ll be ok”. Mum loved quoting famous people. It’s like she sleeps on a book of famous quotes. The next day, she knows them all of-by-heart. I wonder if I can do that with a dictionary.

The next day at school, I didn’t see Katie. I asked Jason about it, not that he would know, but I asked him anyway.

“Jason?” I asked, at lunchtime. “Have you seen Katie? I haven’t seen her since she told me she was moving and she isn’t replying to my emails. I’m getting worried”. He hugged me.

“I’m sure everything will be ok”. See? Not very helpful.

“No” I said slipping out of him grasp.

“Everything won’t be ok. Katie is moving. I don’t know where, but from the way she is acting, I’m guessing it’s not in the neighbourhood.” He looked at me like I was some maniac.

“So? It doesn’t matter Ams, you and Katie are best friends! You’ll keep in contact”. I got mad. He didn’t think that it matters that she’s going or that she isn’t even talking to me.

“Doesn’t matter??? You think it doesn’t matter that my best friend is moving?? You don’t think it matters that she’s been my best friend since forever??? You don’t think it matters that she isn’t talking to me for some unexplained reason and I don’t even know when she’s going?????” I stopped, afraid that I might explode it I keep going. “What is the matter with you???” I whispered.

“What’s the matter with me? What is the matter with you!! You haven’t been yourself lately” He said.

“Gee, I wonder why that is??” I asked, sarcastically.

People were starting to look at us. I took off. I ran inside and was headed for the toilets, when I was stopped dead in my tracks by; yep you guessed it, Katie. I was a little taken aback at first. I wasn’t sure what to do or what to say. Should I be angry at her? Should I forgive her?

“Amy…” She trailed off.

“What?” I asked, probably a little too bitterly.

“I’m sorry, I…” She trailed off again. Can’t she finish a sentence?

“I tried, I really did!” She whispered. And then she ran. Again!! But this time, I didn’t let her get away. I ran after her. When I caught up, I grabbed her and dragged her towards the toilets where I was originally headed. I hauled her inside and locked the door. I think she was a little scared. I must admit, so was I. I usually act this way around my brother. Not Katie.

“Alright” I said, taking charge of things. “We are not leaving here until you tell me the whole story! Top to bottom. I don’t want any of this stuttering crap. I want to know when you’re moving, where you’re moving to, why you didn’t tell me earlier and why you’ve been avoiding me. And I want to know now!” Ok. I was probably being too harsh, but I needed to know. I was fed up with secrets. I wanted the truth. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and cleared her throat before saying anything.

“I found out a couple of days before I told you”. She stopped and looked at me to see what my reaction would be.

“How long is a couple of days?” She looked hesitant.

“Um, A week?” She looked at me again, to see my reaction.

“A week??? And why did you only tell me the other day???”

Her face fell and I felt a stab of guilt. I guess this would all be extremely hard for her. Well, depending on where she was moving to, which I still had to prise out of her. She had to leave all of her friends and her home and move somewhere completely different. Start a new life. With new friends and a new school. I didn’t want to be mean, but I had to find out the facts, or I’ll lose my best friend. Forever.

“Because I wanted to see if I could stop my parents from moving. I don’t know if you’ve noticed at all, but I don’t want to go!!” She yelled.

I softened a bit. Of course, I knew she didn’t want to go. If she’d wanted to go then she wouldn’t be crying every time I saw her. I felt my eyes burn and I chocked up.

“I know” I spat out.

“Then why the hell are you being to rude and mean to me? If anyone would understand I’d expect you to. You’re my best friend”. Her voice broke on the last word. As if I pained her to say it. I know she was only thinking that in a short space of time we would be far away from each other and would be for a while, but it still hurt.

“Well if you think that I’m being rude and that everything is fine and dandy with me, then you can bloody well think again!!” I yelled. She reclined and took a step away from me.

“Amy, I’m… I didn’t… It wasn’t…” She stuttered.

“Do you know what it’s been like? One day you look upset, and tell me you’re moving. Then you avoid me and ignore my emails and calls. What am I supposed to think? I don’t know how long I’ve got. You could be moving to the other side of the world tomorrow for all I know. And I don’t have a clue what to do”. Now it was my turn to cry. And I did. I didn’t even bother wiping my eyes, because I knew that the tears would just return. We both stood there. Crying. It was a little awkward. Then finally Katie broke the silence.

“Monday” she said.

“Monday what?” I asked.

“I’m moving on Monday, to England”.

“England?” I asked. She nodded, unable to do much else.

I stared at her. My best friend was moving to England. That was a long way away. Not as fair as, say, America or something, but it was a fair distance. I looked at her. She looked at me. We both smiled.

“I’m sorry” we both said in unison. “I’m going to miss you,” she said, sadly.

“Yeah, I’m going to miss you too”.

#3 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

Chapter Two

After school, Katie and I went to the local café to get some ice cream.

“So, what made you’re parents decide to move?” I asked.

“Dad’s job is moving. He gets paid a good wage and he loved his job. So he decided to move with his job. It was either that, or find a new one. Mum’s kinda sick of our house too”. I smiled sadly at all of my memories in that house. Mostly of when we were kids.

“I’ve always liked you’re house” I said quietly.

“Yeah, me too.” She sighed as she hoed into her ice cream.

So” I said, changing the subject. “Think you’ll meet any cute guys over there?” Then I thought of Jason. And how I didn’t actually say anything else to him after that big fight we had. I was pretty mean to both my best friend and my boyfriend. I need to see him.

“Not sure. Maybe you can just clone Jason for me” She laughed.

“Never!” I said, stretching out the syllables. We finished out ice cream and made our way home.

When I got home, I rang Jason but only got his answering machine. I guess he must be out. I hope he’s not still mad at me. I really didn’t mean to be rude. I was just upset. He should understand. I hope. Since I couldn’t get in touch with Jason and say sorry, I called my other friend, Tasha. Our conversation went like this.

Me: Hey Tasha

Tasha: Hey Amy, what’s up?

Me: I was wondering if you could give me some advice

Tasha: Of course! Shoot

Me: Well, Katie and I had a fight, because she is moving and everything. She didn’t tell me and I got angry at her. The thing is, she was avoiding me and I couldn’t really talk to her. So I kinda took it out on Jason. I didn’t mean to, but I got angry at him and we had this big fight. Now, Katie and I are ok, but I’m in a fight with Jason. I rang him but all I got was he’s answering machine. I really didn’t mean to get angry and I don’t want him to be angry at me. What do I do?

Tasha: Oh, so you’re having a little trouble with your boyfriend are you? I knew this would happen. I told you. And now you’re broken up and you come crying to me. I told you last time that you should drop him and fix yourself up with a man who knows what he is doing, but you didn’t listen did you? And now you want my help??

Ok, the thing is, Tasha is a bit of a know-it-all. She thinks she knows everything and can’t stand it when people don’t listen to her. Don’t get me wrong. Tasha is really sweet and one of my best friends, but sometimes, she not the best one to go to for advice. Well, advice you’d want to take anyway.

Me: No, we haven’t broken up, we are just in a fight. And last time was different. We were just disagreeing on something. We weren’t in a fight.

Tasha: Disagreeing my ass. You were in a full on argument. Don’t try to deny it. I saw it all.

Me: Whatever, can we please focus on the present, so that we don’t break up??

Tasha: Maybe

Me: Please?

Tasha: Fine, write him an email. He has no choice but to read it then. Men are just like cats, they let their curiosity get the better of them all the time.

I’m not sure, but I think Tasha has had a bad experience with guys. Every time I talk about Jason she says something negative. Like she was my mother or something. I know she’s trying to look out for me and everything but I think I can take care of myself by now. I’m 16!!

Me: And what do I say in said email?

Tasha: I don’t know, whatever you like. But don’t make it to sappy. Guys hate sappy.

Me: Erm… ok. Thanks for your um, help

Tasha: OK, darling, ta ta!

Me: Yeah, bye.

I hung up and sat down at my computer. As I was waiting for the computer to start up, I noticed some pink paper sticking out of my school bag. I ran over and unfolded it. It said:

Amy,
I hope you are ok. You looked so sad at school. I heard you singing quietly to yourself at your locker the other day. You have a beautiful voice. Maybe you should try out for the school talent show. You’d be great!

Hope your ok.

Matt

I read it with immense concentration. When I was done, I put it on my desk, so I could admire his beautiful handwriting. That was so sweet to see if I was ok. When my computer loaded, I sent an email back to Matt.

Matt,
I got your note. It was very sweet. I’m ok now yes.
Do you really think I have a nice voice? I like singing but I don’t know how entering a talent show would go down.

Thanks for your concern,

Amy.

Then I sent another email to Jason. I hope he gets it and reads it. I hope he replies too.

Jason,
I’m sorry I got mad at you today. It was irrational. Katie and I have now made up. I am so sorry I took my anger and frustration out on you. You didn’t deserve it.

Please forgive me,

Amy

I hope he does forgive me.

I waited for Jason at my locker the next day, as I always did. And he showed up. Thanks God.

“Jason!” I yelled as I saw him coming. He waved and jogged the rest of the way over to me.

“Hey Amy. I got your email.” He said, giving me a kiss. I’m assuming he’s not mad at me anymore.

“Yes?” I asked him.

“I forgive you, obviously. Look Amy, I’m sorry too. I should have been more understanding.” I smile.

“It’s okay. I was just stressed and I was having a bad day.” Jason nodded and I kissed him again.

“Katie and I have made up now. But,” I say, now lowering my tone to a much softer one. “She’s leaving on Monday.” Jason pulled me towards him.

“It will be alright babe. You still have me and your other friends. And besides, she might be moving, but that doesn’t mean you won’t see her ever again. It will just be a little difficult to see her on a regular basis.” I thought about his words. They were unbelievably true. Just then, the bell went and Jason let go of me.

“See you at lunch sweetie” he said, waving at me as he walked off. I smiled and waved back before I turned around and walked into my fist class for the day. Maths, my most hated subject.

Katie smiled as I walked in. I sat down next to her, just as our teacher, Mrs. Hannigan came in to take the class.

“Alright class. School has started so I suggest you wake up and start focusing.” As Maths is not my strong point, I don’t do overly well in Mrs. Hannigan’s class, which means she doesn’t like me all the much.

“Amy, can you please come down to the board and right down the formula for finding the Mean please?” I breathed a sigh of relief that she didn’t ask me to do anything else as I took the whiteboard marker from her and wrote out on the board

“To find the mean, add all of the numbers up and then divide them by two.” Simple enough. I handed the marker back to Mrs. Hannigan and sat back down.

“How are you today?” Katie asked.

“I’m fine” I whispered as Mrs. Hannigan went on about how important revision is. Then she stared to hand back a test that we had done earlier in the year. I looked at mine in disbelief. It was hideous. Absolutely hideous. I looked up at Mrs. Hannigan as she said,

“Now, everyone put those tests away.” She waited for us all to put them away before she spoke again.

“We are all going to take the test again to see how much we have improved in Maths this year. She handed us the test booklets and looked at her watch. “You may start… now!”

At her words, there was a scramble to find pencils and paper, and then silence as people tried to work out the answer to the problems on the page. After class finished, I handed in my test sheet and met Katie outside.

“So,” I said, trying to think of something to say.

“How are you and Jason?” Katie asked me. I smile at the mention of his name.

“We great!” I sing happily. She laughs.

“Good.” We walk to our lockers, putting our books away and grabbing our lunch. Katie and I sat down outside at one of the tables.

“Hey babe” Jason said as he came up to us, kissing me and then sitting down next to me.

“Hi Katie” he said. Katie waved. Katie had never really liked Jason. I mean, she didn’t hate him or anything, she just didn’t think he was good enough for me. She thought he was beneath me. I took a bite out of my cheese and ham sandwich while Katie watched me.

“So, when are you going Katie? Monday?” asked Jason. I have to say, it was a little tactless. Jason is a sweetie, but I think I need to train him to be a little more understanding.

“Yes” Katie replied in a tone that suggests that she wasn’t overly happy about Jason sitting with us.

Jason waved at someone over my shoulder. I turned my head to see one of his friends, Mark. I hated Mark. I thought he was an a--h---- and he didn’t really care about anyone but himself. I don’t know why Jason was friends with him. I looked at Katie to see what she made of this. I saw her put her head in her hands. She was about ready to shout I think.

“Hey man!” Mark says as Jason and Mark exchange a handshake/hug type thing.

“Hey!” Jason replied. Mark sat down near Kate and nudged her.

“Hey cutie” he said.

“Get off me!” Katie yelled and pushed Mark away.

“Gee. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. What’s the matter?” he asked her. Katie’s eyes widened at me. I read her face, and it was saying ‘Help me!’

“Just leave Katie alone Mark” Jason says, coming to Katie’s rescue. Katie threw Jason a grateful look. Another thing that annoys me about Mark is that he’s not overly bright, and he can’t take a hint.

“Ah, I have to go the toilet. Coming Amy?” she asked me.

“Of course” I said to her and started to get back up.

“I’ll be back” I said to Jason and followed Katie to the ladies room. We got in there and started to reapply our lip-gloss.

“I don’t know how you can put up with him Amy, I really can’t. He’s a moron! And, he keeps giving me these hints. I feel like he’s almost hitting on me or something!” I cringe.

“Well, I can ask him to stop. And I guess you don’t have to be around me while he is, but I can’t exactly say to Jason that he can’t be friends with him. It would be just like him saying “I don’t like Katie so you can’t be friends with her.” It just doesn’t work that way.”

She nodded. “True.”

Then the bell went and we had to leave. I wonder why Mark likes Katie so much. What could he be up to? We ran to our next class, which we had together, Creative Writing.

The teacher Mr. Agar told us that our focus for the next couple of weeks would be nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjective and so on. He gave us all a newspaper clipping and said that for the rest of the lesson, we had to put all of the words into the different categories. Easy enough.

“Psst!” I heard Katie whisper at me. I turned around and she threw me a note. I grabbed it before anyone could see what we were doing, and read it. It said:

Did you know that Mark is in our class?

I threw her a shocked look over my shoulder and wrote back.

Where?

After reading my note, she pointed across the room. My eyes followed her finger and rested on Mark, who was trying ever so hard not to have a laughing fit. Mr. Agar noticed though.

“Is there a problem Mr. Huston?” he asked, giving Mark a disapproving look. Mark regained the ability to talk and answered

“No Mr. Agar.” Mr. Agar watched Mark go back to his work before he continued marking papers or whatever he was doing. I looked at Katie, who was rolling her eyes.

Ten minutes later, I looked up from my work to see someone throwing a pencil Marks way.

“Katlyn! What do you think you are doing? Throwing pencils at people. I have never seen such bad behaviour from you. Detention!” I turned around in my seat to face Katie and threw her a confused look. She wasn’t looking at me however. She was glaring at Mark, who was smiling at her, looking quite flirty. I shuddered in disgust. Well, at least she didn’t have to put up with him for much longer. When the bell finally rang and we were let out, I marched right down to Mark who was laughing with his friends.

“What is you’re problem?” I asked him. He gave me the same smile he had given Katie earlier.

“What’s the matter babe?” I kicked him in the shins and he winced.

“Ow! What was that for?” I shook my head and gave him a look that told him he was a moron. Which he is.

“That is for harassing my best friend. What are you, her stalker or something?” He spluttered as he rubbed his foot. His friends had taken a couple of steps back and were trying to suppress a laugh.

“Pathetic!” I spat as I started to walk away. Then I turned back to face him.

“And don’t call me babe.”

Then I ran to catch up to Katie and Jason.

#4 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

Chapter Three

“Hey, what was up with you and Mark just then at school?” Jason asked when we were seated at our favourite place to go after school, the local ice-cream pallor. I looked around as Katie started to chew on her ice cream and pancakes.

“What do you mean?” I asked Jason, not really listening.

The couple sitting next to us who were about twenty or so were having a conversation about grass. Interesting conversation topic. The female was trying to convince her partner that we are somehow related to grass. I was listening (even though I know it was rude) intensely to their conversation.

“Amy?” Jason asked as her clapped his hands in front of my face.

‘What?” I asked, annoyed that I had to be dragged away from this very intense discussion.

“Are you going to answer his question?” asked Katie, who I imagine was just as eager to hear my reply.

“What question?” I asked, not having a clue what they were talking about. Grass is a very interesting thing, I’ve found.

“What were you talking about with Mark just before we left school?” repeated Jason.

“Oh, I was just telling him to back off. He was being so rude to Katie and earned her a detention in her last week! Although, she could have restrained from throwing something at him.” I glared at Katie.

“Don’t looked at me! It was his fault!” she said in her protest. I rolled my eyes and let it slide.

“Whatever” I concluded. Just as I was saying this, the door to the pallor opened and in walked Matt. I waved at him.

“Hey Matt!” He saw me and came over. I could see Jason’s disapproving glance. Because Matt is new, Jason doesn’t like him. Jason doesn’t like anyone who isn’t ‘popular’ where as I’m a little more welcoming.

“I got your note. It was so sweet, and greatly appreciated.” I told him. Katie had both her eyebrows up and was smiling at me. I could see that Jason was ‘examining’ Matt.

“Well, I just thought you looked a bit down, so I tried to cheer you up. After all, what are friends for?” he asked, smiling at me. I smiled back at him.

“Thanks!” I said again.

“No problem. I’ll see you later.” He said as walked up to the counter to order some pancakes.

“Bye.”

After he had walked out of the shop Jason started asking questions.

“Who was that?” he asked me. Katie, I noticed, did nothing to come to my aid. Instead she just sat there smiling.

“That is Matthew Lightner. He is in my grade at school.” Jason furrowed his brow.

“And you are friends with this guy?” he asked again.

“Yes. Is that a problem?” I asked him. Jason opened his mouth to reply to my question, but Katie cut him off.

“Oh, come off it Jason. She’s allowed to be friends with whoever she wants, and nothing you say is going to make a difference.” I looked at Katie.

“Thank you.” She shook her head, as if it was common sense (which it was).

We ate the rest of our ice cream in silence. After that, Jason dropped Katie and I home. Six more days, I thought to myself. I have six more days with Katie.

The next day I met Jason at my locker for our usual snog before class. When I saw Katie look towards us with a look of disgust, I pulled away and waved at her. Jason looked a little annoyed that we had been interrupted, but quickly hid it.

“Hey Katie!” I smiled at her as she walked up to us, her arms crossed and a strange look on her face.

“Hey” she says. She sounds a little distracted.

“Um, well Jason. I guess we’ll see you after lunch.” I said to him, motioning him to leave us alone. Something was bothering Katie.

“Yeah. Whatever.” He gave me another quick kiss before he caught up with his friends and left the two of us alone.

“Okay Kat, what’s up?” I asked her as we began walking towards our first class of the day. She held her books close to her chest and kept her gaze glued to the floor.

“Nothing really. It’s probably stupid.” I rolled my eyes.

“Kat, you’re worried about something. So whatever it is, it can’t be stupid. Otherwise you wouldn’t be upset over it.” She looks at me and sighs.

“I guess you’re right.” We get to the door of our science room and I stop her.

“So are you going to tell me? Or do I have to guess?” She wipes her hand over her face and looks into my eyes.

“Everything is just sinking in I think. When Billy Blanahasit came over to me to wish me farewell this morning before school, it really hit me. He’s been in nearly all of my classes for years and was quite helpful. I guess I didn’t really understand that I won’t be around for much longer.” She sniffed. I hugged her.

“Aww. It will be okay Katie. You’ll see.” The door to the classroom opened.

“Coming in ladies?” Our teacher asked. We went in and assumed our seats. Science was annoying and I wasn’t very good at it. We had to make some sort of gas that I can’t pronounce and get it perfect. Ahh, I hated it.

After class, we met Jason at our usual lunch table.

“So, um, do you want to go out tonight?” Katie asked. I knew today was not my free day to go, but it was Katie’s last week. I’m sure mum would let me.

“Um, I’ll have to ask but I’m sure Mum will let me go.” I said. I looked towards Jason.

“What about you?” I asked him. Katie rolled her eyes.

“Um, naa. I’m going to let you guys have some ‘girl time’ or whatever you want to call it. Besides, I have some stuff I have to do back home.” He shifted his gaze uncomfortably.

“Okay. So where do you want to go Kat?” I asked her.

“Um, I don’t know. The movies or something? I just want to get away from my family. Since we have ‘decided’ to move, it hasn’t been the happiest of places.”

Katie has an older brother and a younger sister. Her brother, Sean, is three years older than her and her sister, Cassandra, is two years younger than her. The both love me. Well, Cassie does anyway. Sean is polite but doesn’t really say much to me at all. It can be quite annoying, especially if you need to ask him something.

“Okay. I’ll pick you up at six. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat on the way?” I asked. Katie smiled at me.

“Sure.”

At six o’clock, just like I said I would, I got to her house. I banged on the door and her Mother answered it.

“Oh. Hello dear. Are you here to come and get Katie?” I looked into Katie’s mum’s face and tried to see the person that would make her family move away from everything they loved, but I couldn’t see her. She just wasn’t there. She looked tired though. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun and her wrinkles were visible. It was obvious she wasn’t wearing any make-up.

“Uh, Yeah.” I replied.

“Come in.” I followed her into her house.

In front of me was a huge staircase leading up to all the bedrooms and bathrooms. Off to the sides of the house was the living room, the kitchen, the laundry and in the far back corner the rumpus room.

“Wait here and I’ll get her.” Said Katie’s Mum (Clara) as she started to go upstairs and fetch her daughter. As I was watching Clara go up the stairs I heard someone bump into the wall.

“crap!” That someone screamed. I ran to the kitchen, which was where the noise was coming from. In the kitchen I saw Sean sitting on the floor near the oven, clutching his ankle. I ran over to him.

“What have you done now?” I ask him. He looks up at me.

“I think I just bruised my ankle.” He conformed.

“Well, we better get some ice on it.” I reasoned as I opened the freezer and got out a pack of peas.

“What the hell? No way. I am not putting that crap on my leg.” He tried to stand up but couldn’t and settled for limping over to the chair.

“You will. You will do as I say.” I said bossily. I was not going to put up with his arguments. I crouched down and put the peas on his foot and he tried to struggle. I clasped my hand over it and squeezed.

“OW!” He yelled. I let go, but continued to hold the peas there.

“How did you do this anyway?” I asked him. He glared at me.

“I opened the oven onto my ankle” he muttered. I smirked.

“Watch it!” he yelled.

“Alright, alright. Don’t get bossy with me.” I told him. He reached down and took the peas from my hands and held it there by himself.

“Look Amy. I’m sorry.” I stared into his eyes. They were so fierce with expression I had to look away. I blushed at how strong his gaze was.

“Amy? Do you… um. Do you maybe want to-“ but he was cut off by his mother and sister who had finally come down from upstairs. I got up from my crouched position and went over to them.

“Well, well, well. What have you done now Sean?” his mother asked, looking tired.

“He opened the oven onto his ankle. I got some ice on it and it should be fine.” I informed them. Sean glared at me for telling them the stupid thing that he had done.

“Oh Sean.” Katie said, trying ever so hard to stop herself from cracking up.

“Well, we better be off.” I said to them.

“Yes. Bye everyone!” Katie said as she skipped out the door. I followed her.

“The marinated Pork please.” Katie said to the waiter at one of our favourite restaurants.

“The Ravioli pasta please.” I ordered. The waiter thanked us, took our menus and left.

“Gee Kat, what happened to that supposed diet you were on?” I asked her once the waiter was out of ear shot.

“I gave it up. Besides, I have decided that I am going to stop trying to please men. If they like me, the will like me for my personality.” I nodded.

“Wow Katie, this is a huge change for you. Are you sure you’ll be okay with that?” I teased her.

“Shut up.” She says. I put my hands up in an ‘I surrender’ action and let the subject drop.

“So, why were you helping my brother?” Katie asks.

“Huh?” I reply. I seriously had no idea what she was talking about. “Just now, before we left. Why did you help my brother?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Why not?” I asked her. She rolls her eyes.

“Because it’s my brother. You to are always at each others throats.” I gasp.

“We are not!” Katie snorts.

“Sure, sure.” I look over to the table next to us and grab their saltshaker.

“We’re not!” I push.

“So how come every time you come over he glares at you across the dinner table?” I play with the shaker.

“He just doesn’t like my eating habits.” I reason.

“Give it up Amy. You hate each other.” I was outraged that she would think this. I don’t hate him at all. But he gets on my nerves a lot of the time.

“Fine, whatever. Just answer the question.” She says, bossily.

“What question?” I ask, just to annoy her. She hits me.

“Ouch! Watch who you hit! You don’t want to see that movie? That’s fine with me. I’ll just go home and chat to some other friend who won’t be leaving in a couple of days.” I was only teasing her, but I had obviously upset her somehow.

“I’m sorry Amy, really. I don’t want to leave, but Mum is making me and I-“ I cut her off.

“Hey, I was only joking!” I say, trying to calm her down. She sighs and I let it go. The waiter brings our meals and we eat mostly in silence. After tea, we headed for the cinema, which was within walking distance.

After we chose a horror movie, See Them In The Night, we grabbed some popcorn and went to sit down. We managed to score the best seats in the cinema. I think I counted six times that Katie grabbed my arm or closed her eyes at the ‘scary’ bits, while I just sat there watching them and enjoying myself to no end. Horror movies (as by now I think you can tell) don’t scare me. When we came out of the movies, arguing over which part we liked the best, we somehow managed to stumble into Matthew.

“Amy?” he asked me as Katie was hanging off my arm and walking down the street at the same time.

“Matt? Hey, how have you been?” I asked him.

“Oh, fine. My dad has been very sick so I haven’t been at school in a while, but I’m fine.” Katie flashed me a look that said “Who is this guy?” She was no doubt thinking that I was stupid for not inviting her into the conversation.

“Hello Matt, remember me? I’m Katlyn, Amy’s best friend.” I gave her a look to tell her to back off, because I knew that she would have me doing something I really didn’t want to be doing.

“Oh yes, I remember.” Said Matt, extending his hand out to Katie, which she took and shook. Her eyelashes fluttered. Flirt, I thought.

“Well” I said, breaking them up.

”It was nice seeing you.” I said as I tried to walk off, but as Katie was still attached to my arm, it was a little difficult.

“Wait” Matt says, gluing his eyes to me. “I wanted to ask you something.” He said. What could he possibly want to ask me? “You know when I slipped that note in your bag?” he asked me. Katie snapped her head to look at me. Her eyes were saying “Why is this the first time I am hearing about it?” and I had to pull my jacket up a little bit more to hide my burning cheeks.

“Um, yes?” I said, asking him to continue.

“Well I really think you should do it. The singing contest I mean. You’d be really good at it.” Katie’s mouth flung open and stared at me.

“What?” she practically yelled. Matt looked a bit taken aback, and I don’t blame him.

“Why the hell would you do that?” she asked. Katie isn’t the most tactful people I know unfortunately. I felt like I could die. I opened my mouth to reply to Katie’s rude comments, but Matt got there first.

“I heard her singing to herself one morning while she was at her locker. I told her that she sang really well and that she should try out for this singing competition our school is hosting.” I wanted to run away.

“Which I am not doing.” I reminded him.

“Aw, come on Amy! You’d be really good!” Oh no. I knew this would happen. Katie let go of me.

“I think you would be too Ams!” No, no, no, no, No! How many times do I have to tell them that?

“Well, we’ll see” I said, just to get them off my back. Katie and Matt both wore triumphant looks as we said goodbye and I dropped Katie home.

“I am so going to make you sign up. In fact, I might as well do it for you!” she was saying. I silently cursed Matt for bringing it up in front of Katie. Grrrr.

When I got home and finally, to bed I lay awake thinking “Two down, five to go.”

#5 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

Chapter Four

The next day, Katie’s parents and my parents agreed to let us have the day off school to do something fun together. I was completely and utterly shocked, to be honest. My parents are usually so strict when it comes to school, as are Katie’s. So when they told us to go out together, I was so surprised. We decided to go to a fair that the community was holding in the park. As I was looking at the second hand books (because you never know what you might find) Katie tugged at my shoulder.

“What is it Kat?” I asked with a hint of irritation in my voice.

“It’s HIM!” she whispered.

“Who?” I asked, putting down the book I was holding and turning around. She pointed and I followed her finger. It was Mike Stevenson who was in our year level. Katie has recently developed a crush on him. I sighed.

“Yes Katie, there he is.” I turned back to my book.

“Do you think I should go talk to him?” she asked nervously. I shrugged.

“If you can think of something to say without making a fool of yourself, them yeah. Go ahead. Oh, and also ask him what he’s doing out of school. I mean, we have an excuse. What’s his?” I asked her.

She scowled at me and I kept my mouth shut. I watched her prance on over to Mike. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but Mike was smiling. I rolled my eyes. I don’t know why she was trying to make an impression now. She only had five days to go and then she would be leaving this country. I don’t know why she would want to cause herself even more pain, but I guess that’s her business. When she was done, she skipped back to me.

“Well?” I asked her impatiently. “What did he say?” I stared at her, trying to read her face, but she was unreadable.

“I told him I liked him and he said he liked me too.” She explained. I was confused.

“Isn’t that a good thing?” I asked her. She looked up at me, half smiling.

“Of course it is!” she said. I was still confused.

“Then why aren’t you screaming and jumping up and down?” I asked her, because that was her usual reaction when something like this happened. Not that it happened often.

“Because I have to leave him at the end of the week. We agreed to have a long distance relationship, but I know that they never work.” I smiled at her and hugged her.

“It will be alright. Mike wouldn’t cheat on you or anything like that. He’s smarter than that. I’ll be keeping tabs on him.” She stared into my eyes, making me feel a little uncomfortable.

“Really? You will?” She asked. I could hear the happiness leaking back into her voice.

“Of course! You might be in a different country, but you’re still my best friend and that’s what friends do!” I told her. She beamed.

After that, I took her to get some fairy floss to get her mind off Monday. We sat on a bench that was under a tree. I have always liked that forest and this park reminded me of that, because it had so many trees. I love nature.

“So what are you going to be doing?” She asked me as we snacked on our fairy floss.

“What do you mean?” I replied, taking in the crowd.

“After I’ve gone. What will you be doing? Will you be okay?” She looked at me very seriously. I avoided her eyes.

“Yeah. I mean, I guess. I’ll manage. I have Jason.” I told her. Except I know what I’ll be like when she goes and I didn’t want to think about it. Just bringing it up hurts. She kept looking at me though.

“I can tell you’re lying Amy. You’re not going to be okay. You are going to be torn apart.” I grimaced. She was right, and she knew it.

“I’ll be fine! Really. Don’t worry about me. Just focus on fitting in and making new friends at your new school!” I said. I finished my fairy floss and stuck the stick in the bin. Katie stood up and did the same. She didn’t say anymore on the subject but I could see that she still didn’t believe me.

“And now,” said someone over the loud speaker that they had installed for this event. “For our own entertainment, we have a band that will play for us their latest song. This band, Purple Sea, are made up of four University students who have put a lot of time and effort into their music. Now they can finally show it off. Please put your hands together for Purple Sea!” Katie rolled her eyes as there was an applause and then we were hit with a wave of music. Katie and I went to go stand closer to them. I watched the lead singer who couldn’t have been more than twenty-five. As I scanned the rest of the band my eye caught sight of someone I knew. I leaned over to Katie, shocked.

“Kat! You didn’t tell me your brother was in a band! I thought the man said that this band was made up of Uni students!” I told her shocked. She just shook her head.

“You know Sean is music crazy. One of his friends is in the band and he somehow got Sean a spot in the band.” I looked back to Sean who was playing the guitar. He looked so natural with it. It was almost comforting. I watched him play and his friend sing. When they were done, they took a bow and then filed off the stage. Sean saw Katie and I and waved. I smiled back.

After we mingled a bit and looked at some more stalls, we left. When I got home, I checked my inbox. There was one new email from Matt. It read:

Amy,
Please forgive me for the other day.
I’m sorry if I said too much in front of your friend.
It’s really up to you if you want to sign up for the contest or not.
I just thought it would be a good idea and that you would be good at it, just don’t feel like you have to.
It was just an idea.

Matt.

Well, I’m glad Matt apologized at least. I wrote back to him straight away. I didn’t want him to feel guilty or anything.

Matt,
It’s okay, You’re forgiven.
The only problem I had was Katie. She can be very stubborn and once she gets started on something there’s not stopping her.
Don’t feel guilty.

Amy

Katie can be stubborn, which can be really annoying. But on the other hand, sometimes her stubbornness is a good thing. She can persuade you to do something that would help you in the long run. I sighed. Another thing I’m going to miss. Four days to go.

We had to go to school the next day. I was so annoyed. I just wanted to spend the rest of the week with Katie, but Mum and dad said that they had let me of for one day; they weren’t going to let me off for another. Which I think was totally unfair, but my parents wouldn’t give in. So off to school we went.

When I saw Jason, I wasn’t in the mood for kissing. He was a little hurt, but I just said I had a lot on my mind right now and he understood.

We got to class and I sleepwalked my way through it. Nothing seemed interesting. I barley paid attention. Then Katie passed me a note.

What’s the matter with you?

I rolled my eyes at it, but wrote back anyway.

You.

I couldn’t be bothered to write more than that. I was just so upset. Today, more than any day I think. I guess I have my ups and downs, and today was definitely a down.

What did I do?? Oh, moving. Right. Hey, um do you want to come somewhere with me tonight? Or are you busy?

I was busy, but I didn’t care. I was going to spend as much time as possible with Katie, and no one (especially my parents) was going to keep my from it.

I’m free. Where are we going?

Our teacher gave us a suspicious look, but didn’t say anything.

Well, Sean and his band are playing at the town hall tonight and Mum and Dad said I had to go. Don’t ask me why. It would be a lot more fun if you were there. Bring Jason if you like.

Sean? I didn’t even know he was in a band (until yesterday of course) let alone that they play gigs around the town. I thought about what Jason would say if I asked him to come. He’s hate it. The only kind of music he likes is heavy metal, which I hate, so I don’t think Jason would like to come.

Sure, I’ll be there. Only, without Jason. He hates anything except heavy metal.

Heavy metal? What do you guys talk about? He hates books, which you love as well. Do you actually do anything? Besides making out I mean.

I glared at her from across the room, but she didn’t see it.

Of course we do! We go to parties and I watch his soccer games and I go around to his house and I mind his little brother, who is adorable.

At this point, we had to stop passing notes and pay attention because our teacher was handing out a test.

After school finished for the day, I went back to my house to change. Then I met up with Katie and we went down to the hall. Sean was lugging his guitar around to the backstage area. We waited in the auditorium while the band set up.

“What is Sean going to play?” I asked Katie who was tapping her foot anxiously.

“I don’t know. Just a couple of songs that his band has written and one that he is dedicating to someone, although I don’t know who he is dedicating it to.” She looked at me strangely. Almost like she wanted it to be her.

“Um, okay.” I let thee subject go. I heard a voice over the loud speaker.

“Can everyone please make their way into their seats? The show is about to begin.” We took our places.

I stared at the stage, watching Sean tune the guitar. As we watched and listened to the songs I heard the meaning in them. The beautiful voice of the lead singer washed over the audience like a flood. I heard Sean’s voice as a backup too. It was beautiful. After it all ended, Sean came to the microphone.

“I’d just like to tell you a little bit of background to this next song.” He told us. “This person is an acquaintance of mine. She is a lovely person and she cares a lot about the people around her.” His eyes wandered over Katie. When he saw me. He looked a bit startled.

“Erm, yes. So this is the um, song.” He turned to walk away, but then turned back to the microphone. “Titled: Her.” Her. That was a strange name of the song, but anyway. I listened with just as much intensity as the others.

When the concert was over, we got up and left.

“That was great Sean!” I said, actually meaning it. I usually don’t say nice things like that to his face. He smiled and blushed.

“Um, thanks.” When we got home, I thanked Sean and Katie for taking me out and I got dropped off back at home.

My mum asked me how the concert was and I told her about it for a while, before changing and getting into bed. My happiness quickly faded as I remembered that tomorrow was Katie’s last day at school, and there was three days before she jumped on a plane to start a new life in a new city. Three days, I repeated.

#6 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Chapter Five

The next day was absolutely dreadful.

When I woke up, I tried to do everything as slowly as possible. I don’t know why, it wasn’t going to change anything. It would just probably make me late. When I got to school, I waited for Katie.

“Hey” I said as we walked up to class. I was avoiding everyone’s gaze and just concentrating on Katie.

“Hi” she replied. She looked almost as dreadful as I did.

“So, last day at school huh? How do you feel?”

Obviously this was the wrong thing to say, because Katie just burst into tears. I lead her over to a bench and sat her down. I held her as she sobbed.

“I-I’m g-g-going to miss y-you so much!” she cried.

“Shhh” I said in the most soothing voice I could muster.

But I realized that that was not possible, because my voice was shaking. Keep it together Amy, I thought. But it was no use. I started bawling right there on the bench next to her, everybody was staring at us and whispering “I can imagine how they would be feeling” and “Poor Amy” and words of sympathy. But that was not what I wanted. I wanted to be alone with Katie for as long as I have left. No, scratch that. I don’t want her to leave at all.

How could her parents do this? How could they take they’re children away from all they things they knew and loved? How was that fair on anyone? Not only them, but us as well? How could they do this to me? I had known Katie forever. Well, okay. Not forever, but for so long that I can remember the first time we met.

We sat there crying some more until the bell went and we had to go and face the music.

“You ready for your last day here?” I asked, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.

“As ready as I’m going to get” Katie told me in a broken voice.

We got up from the bench and ran to our last English lesson together.

“Okay class. This is Katlyn’s last day so I’m going to scratch the test I was going to give you and let you write a report on your favourite book instead.” Mr. Massinople says to us, as if he was granting us this huge favor and we should all be grateful. I was not.

“Psst!” I heard from behind me. I turned around to see who it was. When I turned back, there was a not on my desk.

Can we still sit with everyone today as normal? -K

I look over at Katie and she gives me a weak smile. I knew that she was taking this really hard. She had never moved house in her entire life, let alone movie countries! I write her back.

Sure. Although I thought you wanted to go around to all the teachers and thank them for teaching you. –A

Today has got to be the worst day in history. I just really wanted to get out of this class and see Jason. Thanks to our little crying moment back there, I haven’t seen him at all today and I’m already starting to feel a little shaky. I feel like I haven’t seen him in ages. I have been so caught up with everything that has been going on with me and Katie, and he’s been so stressed out with his football training that we haven’t really had time for each other. I’ve really missed him.

I did that at the start of the week. Besides, I’m never going to be going to school with you again. Wouldn’t you rather spend it together instead of in the company of all those teachers? –K

I laugh at her comment. I look over at her again and see that she is bent over the desk, looking very engrossed in what she’s doing. Or what she’s pretending to do anyway.

Of course I’d rather spend it with you. I don’t really mind what we do as long as you’re happy. –A

Just as she was about to write me back, the bell went. Thank god.

“If you didn’t finish that, then that’s what you’ll be doing for homework this week. You can go out to lunch now” said Mr. Massinople.

As soon Mr. Massinople has finished the last word we were out of there and heading for our usual table where Jason was already sitting.

“Hey babe!” he called to me, standing up and kissing me when we got close enough. I breathed in his Jason-y scent and let all my stress flow out of my mind as he held me.

“Hey Katie. Looking forward to getting out of here?” he asked her. He let go of me and I took my seat next to Katie.

“Um,” she says, looking at me. “I guess. Kind of.”

We kind of let the subject drop as we switched to something else.

“So what have you guys been doing lately? I feel like I haven’t seen you at all. I missed you” he told us, obviously directing that last it to me.

“I missed you too” I told him. We both stared at each other, dumbly for a minute. Katie rolled her eyes.

“We went to one of Sean’s gigs last night” Katie says, trying to distract us both.

“Oh, yeah! That was great. I have never seen music like that up close before, not to mention your brother. Why didn’t you mention he could play the guitar like that?” I asked Katie, my mind now totally distracted. Katie seems satisfied.

“You liked it did you?” she asked, smiling. Jason looks confused.

“You’re brother plays the guitar?” he asks Katie. She smiles. Obviously her plan has worked.

“Yes. You should have come. It really was great, wasn’t it Amy?” she asks me.

I nod quickly.

Jason makes a face. “Was it heavy metal?” he asks. I shake my head and (just like I knew he would) he said “Well then it can’t have been much good then.”

I roll my eyes. “You never think anything is any good.”

“That” he tells me “is because everything you listen to is so quiet.”

I roll my eyes but don’t argue the matter further. I have learned to just ignore him.

After lunch we had sport, which Kat and I both hate. Mostly, we just sat on the sidelines and let everyone else do the work. As we were sitting down and talking, who just come and sit with us, but Matt.

“Hello stranger” he says to me. ‘I haven’t seen you around in a while.”

“Oh! Hey Matt! Yeah. Katie has been keeping me pretty busy” I reply. He laughs.

“Listen, Amy. I wanted to know if you would like to-“ but before he could finish his sentence, the whistle blew and we had to pair up to practice our hockey skills. I wonder what he was going to ask me. When we got out at the end of the day he was already gone, so I didn’t have a chance to ask him.

“Well. It’s over Katie. Your schooling here in Australia is over.” I tell her when we finally have some time to talk.

“Yep. I guess so.” She says quietly.

“So are we still up for dinner tonight?” I ask her, eager to not miss a second with her. She bites her lip.

“Can we skip it please? I know you probably want to see me as much as you can, but I’d like to be by myself to clear my head if that’s okay.”

She doesn’t meet my gaze. I think she’s nervous of my reaction. I must say I am a little hurt, but she’s right. She needs to clear her head. I’ll see her tomorrow.

“Okay. I guess I see you tomorrow then.” I say. She nods.

As I walk home, I feel a knot start to pull in my stomach and I feel sick. I only have two more days with Katie. I might not ever see her again. And I run home, trying to keep the tears from ruining my make-up.

As I walked through the front door of my house, I heard the back door slam and then Mum appeared in front of me.

“Amy?” she asked, obviously noticing the tears that I had tried to wipe away.

“Yes?” I asked her, my voice sounding a little horse.

“What’s wrong?” I shook my head in reply.

“Nothing. What is it?” I asked her again, wanting more than anything to be left alone to sulk in my room.

“Katie called. She says that she needs you over at her house. Quickly.”

No sooner had she spoken her last word was I out the door again, sprinting to her house. When I finally got there, after two stops to breath I was panting. I rang the doorbell. Katie answered, looking angry. She waved meinside. I followed her all the way upstairs to her room. We were both silent.

“What is it Katie?” I asked her once we were in her room. She was facing away from me and it was hard to tell what she was thinking.

“How could they? How could they let him do this?” she whispered, obviously to angry to do anything more.

“Do what Kat? Let who do what?” She turned around to face me.

“Sean” she whispered again. By now I was nearly at breaking point. What has Sean done now? Keep it cool Amy. Hold it together.

“What has Sean done?” I asked her calmly, closing my eyes so I didn’t have to look at her angry face.

“They let him stay. Sean has convinced Mum and Dad to let him stay.” She said calmly.

I don’t believe this! Kat was right. How could they? What about Katie? What about Cassandra? Don’t they deserve to stay too? What was it that Sean had to do here that he can’t do in England? What gave him the right?

“What?” I asked her, feeling outraged.

“I know! And they won’t listen to anyone else now. He had them convinced that it is the right thing to do!”

I stared at her, not quite sure if I had heard her right. Sean is staying here in Melbourne? While Katie and Cassandra have to go to England? How is that fair? More to the point, why are they letting him?

“Why?” I squeaked.

“Because he has just started at a University that he really likes and he is learning a lot and on his way to doing what he wants to do and blah, blah, blah. They finally listened to him and he’s staying with a friend until he can get a room at Uni.”

I thought about this information. It was a good argument, but I bet that wasn’t the reason. I bet the reason is because he has met a girl and he can’t bear to leave her. What about me? Katie and I are best friends. Do you think that she is going to leave me willingly? Of course not, although she doesn’t really have a choice.

“Does Sean have a girlfriend?” I asked out of pure curiosity. Except Katie obviously took it the wrong way.

“Of course not! I feel sorry for any sucker who decides to date my brother.” She eyed my suspiciously though. “Why do you want to know?”

“Because I bet he does, and that is the reason he doesn’t want to leave. He just hasn’t told you yet. In fact, one day he will probably marry her. They’ll elope and thy will just spring it on you one day, like “Oh, hey Katie. Yes, this is my girlfriend. And by the way, we’re married.” That is just the kind of thing Sean would do.” I shivered at the thought

“You have to wild an imagination.” Katie said simply.

“Well, let’s get off this insane topic and talk about something else, shall we?” I asked.

For the rest of the night, we just talked about everything, aside from the fact that in two days she would be gone. We also decided that I would be meeting her at the pool tomorrow. Then she walked me to the door.

“Oh, and by the way, I signed you up for that singing competition thing. See you at the pool tomorrow!” She said, as she shut the door behind me.

#7 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

Chapter Six

The next day was absolutely dreadful.

When I woke up, I tried to do everything as slowly as possible. I don’t know why, it wasn’t going to change anything. It would just probably make me late. When I got to school, I waited for Katie.

“Hey” I said as we walked up to class. I was avoiding everyone’s gaze and just concentrating on Katie.

“Hi” she replied. She looked almost as dreadful as I did.

“So, last day at school huh? How do you feel?”

Obviously this was the wrong thing to say, because Katie just burst into tears. I lead her over to a bench and sat her down. I held her as she sobbed.

“I-I’m g-g-going to miss y-you so much!” she cried.

“Shhh” I said in the most soothing voice I could muster.

But I realized that that was not possible, because my voice was shaking. Keep it together Amy, I thought. But it was no use. I started bawling right there on the bench next to her, everybody was staring at us and whispering “I can imagine how they would be feeling” and “Poor Amy” and words of sympathy. But that was not what I wanted. I wanted to be alone with Katie for as long as I have left. No, scratch that. I don’t want her to leave at all.

How could her parents do this? How could they take they’re children away from all they things they knew and loved? How was that fair on anyone? Not only them, but us as well? How could they do this to me? I had known Katie forever. Well, okay. Not forever, but for so long that I can remember the first time we met.

We sat there crying some more until the bell went and we had to go and face the music.

“You ready for your last day here?” I asked, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.

“As ready as I’m going to get” Katie told me in a broken voice.

We got up from the bench and ran to our last English lesson together.

“Okay class. This is Katlyn’s last day so I’m going to scratch the test I was going to give you and let you write a report on your favourite book instead.” Mr. Massinople says to us, as if he was granting us this huge favor and we should all be grateful. I was not.

“Psst!” I heard from behind me. I turned around to see who it was. When I turned back, there was a not on my desk.

Can we still sit with everyone today as normal? -K

I look over at Katie and she gives me a weak smile. I knew that she was taking this really hard. She had never moved house in her entire life, let alone movie countries! I write her back.

Sure. Although I thought you wanted to go around to all the teachers and thank them for teaching you. –A

Today has got to be the worst day in history. I just really wanted to get out of this class and see Jason. Thanks to our little crying moment back there, I haven’t seen him at all today and I’m already starting to feel a little shaky. I feel like I haven’t seen him in ages. I have been so caught up with everything that has been going on with me and Katie, and he’s been so stressed out with his football training that we haven’t really had time for each other. I’ve really missed him.

I did that at the start of the week. Besides, I’m never going to be going to school with you again. Wouldn’t you rather spend it together instead of in the company of all those teachers? –K

I laugh at her comment. I look over at her again and see that she is bent over the desk, looking very engrossed in what she’s doing. Or what she’s pretending to do anyway.

Of course I’d rather spend it with you. I don’t really mind what we do as long as you’re happy. –A

Just as she was about to write me back, the bell went. Thank god.

“If you didn’t finish that, then that’s what you’ll be doing for homework this week. You can go out to lunch now” said Mr. Massinople.

As soon Mr. Massinople has finished the last word we were out of there and heading for our usual table where Jason was already sitting.

“Hey babe!” he called to me, standing up and kissing me when we got close enough. I breathed in his Jason-y scent and let all my stress flow out of my mind as he held me.

“Hey Katie. Looking forward to getting out of here?” he asked her. He let go of me and I took my seat next to Katie.

“Um,” she says, looking at me. “I guess. Kind of.”

We kind of let the subject drop as we switched to something else.

“So what have you guys been doing lately? I feel like I haven’t seen you at all. I missed you” he told us, obviously directing that last it to me.

“I missed you too” I told him. We both stared at each other, dumbly for a minute. Katie rolled her eyes.

“We went to one of Sean’s gigs last night” Katie says, trying to distract us both.

“Oh, yeah! That was great. I have never seen music like that up close before, not to mention your brother. Why didn’t you mention he could play the guitar like that?” I asked Katie, my mind now totally distracted. Katie seems satisfied.

“You liked it did you?” she asked, smiling. Jason looks confused.

“You’re brother plays the guitar?” he asks Katie. She smiles. Obviously her plan has worked.

“Yes. You should have come. It really was great, wasn’t it Amy?” she asks me.

I nod quickly.

Jason makes a face. “Was it heavy metal?” he asks. I shake my head and (just like I knew he would) he said “Well then it can’t have been much good then.”

I roll my eyes. “You never think anything is any good.”

“That” he tells me “is because everything you listen to is so quiet.”

I roll my eyes but don’t argue the matter further. I have learned to just ignore him.

After lunch we had sport, which Kat and I both hate. Mostly, we just sat on the sidelines and let everyone else do the work. As we were sitting down and talking, who just come and sit with us, but Matt.

“Hello stranger” he says to me. ‘I haven’t seen you around in a while.”

“Oh! Hey Matt! Yeah. Katie has been keeping me pretty busy” I reply. He laughs.

“Listen, Amy. I wanted to know if you would like to-“ but before he could finish his sentence, the whistle blew and we had to pair up to practice our hockey skills. I wonder what he was going to ask me. When we got out at the end of the day he was already gone, so I didn’t have a chance to ask him.

“Well. It’s over Katie. Your schooling here in Australia is over.” I tell her when we finally have some time to talk.

“Yep. I guess so.” She says quietly.

“So are we still up for dinner tonight?” I ask her, eager to not miss a second with her. She bites her lip.

“Can we skip it please? I know you probably want to see me as much as you can, but I’d like to be by myself to clear my head if that’s okay.”

She doesn’t meet my gaze. I think she’s nervous of my reaction. I must say I am a little hurt, but she’s right. She needs to clear her head. I’ll see her tomorrow.

“Okay. I guess I see you tomorrow then.” I say. She nods.

As I walk home, I feel a knot start to pull in my stomach and I feel sick. I only have two more days with Katie. I might not ever see her again. And I run home, trying to keep the tears from ruining my make-up.

As I walked through the front door of my house, I heard the back door slam and then Mum appeared in front of me.

“Amy?” she asked, obviously noticing the tears that I had tried to wipe away.

“Yes?” I asked her, my voice sounding a little horse.

“What’s wrong?” I shook my head in reply.

“Nothing. What is it?” I asked her again, wanting more than anything to be left alone to sulk in my room.

“Katie called. She says that she needs you over at her house. Quickly.”

No sooner had she spoken her last word was I out the door again, sprinting to her house. When I finally got there, after two stops to breath I was panting. I rang the doorbell. Katie answered, looking angry. She waved meinside. I followed her all the way upstairs to her room. We were both silent.

“What is it Katie?” I asked her once we were in her room. She was facing away from me and it was hard to tell what she was thinking.

“How could they? How could they let him do this?” she whispered, obviously to angry to do anything more.

“Do what Kat? Let who do what?” She turned around to face me.

“Sean” she whispered again. By now I was nearly at breaking point. What has Sean done now? Keep it cool Amy. Hold it together.

“What has Sean done?” I asked her calmly, closing my eyes so I didn’t have to look at her angry face.

“They let him stay. Sean has convinced Mum and Dad to let him stay.” She said calmly.

I don’t believe this! Kat was right. How could they? What about Katie? What about Cassandra? Don’t they deserve to stay too? What was it that Sean had to do here that he can’t do in England? What gave him the right?

“What?” I asked her, feeling outraged.

“I know! And they won’t listen to anyone else now. He had them convinced that it is the right thing to do!”

I stared at her, not quite sure if I had heard her right. Sean is staying here in Melbourne? While Katie and Cassandra have to go to England? How is that fair? More to the point, why are they letting him?

“Why?” I squeaked.

“Because he has just started at a University that he really likes and he is learning a lot and on his way to doing what he wants to do and blah, blah, blah. They finally listened to him and he’s staying with a friend until he can get a room at Uni.”

I thought about this information. It was a good argument, but I bet that wasn’t the reason. I bet the reason is because he has met a girl and he can’t bear to leave her. What about me? Katie and I are best friends. Do you think that she is going to leave me willingly? Of course not, although she doesn’t really have a choice.

“Does Sean have a girlfriend?” I asked out of pure curiosity. Except Katie obviously took it the wrong way.

“Of course not! I feel sorry for any sucker who decides to date my brother.” She eyed my suspiciously though. “Why do you want to know?”

“Because I bet he does, and that is the reason he doesn’t want to leave. He just hasn’t told you yet. In fact, one day he will probably marry her. They’ll elope and thy will just spring it on you one day, like “Oh, hey Katie. Yes, this is my girlfriend. And by the way, we’re married.” That is just the kind of thing Sean would do.” I shivered at the thought

“You have to wild an imagination.” Katie said simply.

“Well, let’s get off this insane topic and talk about something else, shall we?” I asked.

For the rest of the night, we just talked about everything, aside from the fact that in two days she would be gone. We also decided that I would be meeting her at the pool tomorrow. Then she walked me to the door.

“Oh, and by the way, I signed you up for that singing competition thing. See you at the pool tomorrow!” She said, as she shut the door behind me.

#8 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

Woops, sorry. This is chapter six:

Chapter Six

“Hey, Amy? Could you get me a soda please?”

I swung my legs off the banana couch I was sun bathing on and got up. It was the second last day I had with Katie, I reminded myself. Just do as she asks. I had stayed up all last night worrying about this competition she and Matt had signed me up for. I definitely was not singing, that’s for sure. Except that I could not figure out a way to get out of it. But I had to do something. I could not just let them run my life. If I didn’t want to sing, I didn’t have to sing. They couldn’t make me. Which was how I found myself, a few minutes later, going around to the other pool, which I knew Matt was currently in (with Jason too, although I knew he would do nothing to help me), to try to talk some sense into him.

“Matt?” I asked him. He got out of the pool, dried himself off so he wasn’t dripping and came over to me.

“Yeah?” he asked me. Can I just say that I had a hard time concentrating on saying anything to him when he didn’t have a shirt on and was revealing his wonderful six pack to the poor ladies on the pool side? Don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t as hot as Jason, not by a long shot. But he was still pretty hot.

“Um… er… I… I wanted to talk to you about the competition thing…” I said. He was oblivious to my stammering.

“Oh, okay. I’m getting a drink. Do you want one?” he asked me.

“No, but I’ll buy one for Katie” I said as I followed him through a closed door to the bar.

“Don’t be silly.” He paid the man and handed me Katie’s soda. I shot him a grateful look.

“Thanks” I said. He nodded.

I suddenly noticed that we were alone. And in a pretty small room. I shifted my weight uncomfortably.

“Yeah. The thing is… I don’t really want to do it. I know you and Katie mean well and everything, but I can’t really sing.” He looked a little shocked.

“Of course you can sing! Look, will you just give it a try? Because I think you would do really well.” He took a couple of steps closer to me. I took the same number of steps backward.

“Yeah. I know you do. It’s just that, I’m not good at singing in front of a crowd. I get kind of nervous.” He smiled and took a couple of steps further. I took the same number of steps backward, until I banged against the wall. He had me trapped.

“There’s nothing to be nervous about, Amy.” I heard a couple of masculine steps and then a door close. I realized that it was the bar tender. He had left us all alone. Who knew when he would be back.

“Look. I just don’t think that it would work out that great, Matt.” I said, getting nervous. He was not backing away.

“Well I think it would. And if you’re scared, then it would do great for your self-confidence.”

As I opened my mouth to protest, I was rudely cut off by Matt’s lips, which had come down hard over mine. I squirmed in protest, but Matt wouldn’t let me go. He held my waist, brushing his lips against my teeth. He pried my lips apart and plunged his tongue down my throat. Just as I was about to find my hands and push him away, I realized that I liked his tongue down my throat.

Instead of pushing him away with my hands, I threw them around his neck, getting them tangled in his hair. The pushed me up against the wall. All of a sudden he turned the kiss into a passionate one, filled with desire and longing. Jason had never kissed me like this before. I wondered why. But all thoughts of Jason was erased from my mind as Matt’s hand slid under my shirt and to my bra, placing his hand inside.

A volt of electricity ran through me. Why was I letting him do this? What about my boyfriend? Why was I making out with Matt? He was my friend, not someone to mess around with. But it felt so good. He felt like he wanted me, like I was some lolly that his parents had refused to buy him for so long and now he was finally getting it. He made me feel safe, and warm. Something Jason had never made me feel like. Sure, I had made out with Jason plenty of times before, maybe a little more than that too, but not like this.

Matt’s lips moved down my neck and back to my lips again in a motion that made the skin that he traced burn and freeze at the same time. He let me go slightly so he could get his arms to my back and fiddled with my bra clasp.

Then I heard the doorknob turn.

Matt and I both froze for a second. He did up my bra, but did not let go of me. I heard a guys voice at the door.

“Are you sure?” he asked someone. I heard a mumble and then footsteps walk away.

I was still frozen for a couple of seconds, before Matt let me go. I was panting heavily. What had just happened? I had just cheated on my boyfriend. My boyfriend who I love. I had cheated on him with a friend. A friend who made me feel so good! After I got my breath back I raised my head and looked at Matt. He looked just as out of breath as I was. I wonder how much further we would have gone if someone had not interrupted us. I shuddered at the thought.

“Amy…” Matt said, his voice still very rough.

“What was that?” I asked. I had no idea what to say to him. At all. I felt like it had opened so many closed doors between us, yet shut so many of them at the same time. I hated feeling this conflicted.

“I… I’m not sure” was his answer. I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to be getting Katie her soda.

I said a very bad word, before taking the can that was perched on the bar and walking past Matt to the door. Should I say something to him? I walked back over to him.

“Matt… I-I’m not sure what that was… but I don’t want it to get in the way of our friendship. I just-“ I was cut off (again) by his lips on mine. I really didn’t want him to kiss me again, because I didn’t know how strong I was. Or how weak.

He put his hands up to my waist, which made my heart flutter. What was I doing? I sat the can down and wrapped my arms around his neck again. Again, he parted my lips and again he stuck his tongue down my throat. And again, I didn’t stop him.

He sat me on the bench and went straight for my bra clasp, which he managed to undo. Lifting my shirt off my body, he pulled me into his lap and started brushing his lips against my collarbone. I felt another volt of electricity race through me. I let out a moan of satisfaction as his hands ran all over my chest.

Lifting his lips slightly from my collarbone he murmured “I want you” and then went back to kissing me. He wanted me. He wanted me. Did I want him? Physically, yes. Very much. But personality wise… I wasn’t sure that I did.

He took off his shirt and I got another stare at that great six-pack. I sighed in his arms and started kissing his chest. As he kissed my lips again, licking them and biting them softly I felt another shot of electricity run through me. I loved it here, in his arms. I was safe, and I was wanted.

I started pulling at his board shorts, and then I remembered Jason. My boyfriend. I thought of what he would do to me if he found out about this? Did I want him to? Of course not. I loved Jason. I stopped tugging at Matt’s pants.

“Matt…” I whispered, pulling away from him. I didn’t want to. Every fiber of my being was screaming out for me to finish what I had started. But I had to resist.

“Amy” he said. I looked at him, wishing that my mouth could be on his again.

“Matt. I’m sorry. We can’t do this.” I struggled out of his grip and started to pick up my bra and shirt that we had thrown at the floor.

“Why the bloody hell not?” Matt said, sounding annoyed. I rolled my eyes. Remember Jason. Jason. Jason.

“Because I have a boyfriend. Who I love.” I was surprised when, instead of the hurt expression I was expecting, all I got was confused.

“So? You weren’t thinking of that a moment ago when you were tugging on my shorts” he reminded me, smirking at the memory. My hurt fluttered again and I blushed.

“I know” I told him, doing up my bra and throwing my shirt on.

“So what are you saying?” he asked, obviously still confused.

“I love my boyfriend. I just find you physically attractive is all.” I thought I saw a little bit of hurt flash across his face for a minute, but it was so fast that it might have been my imagination.

“But not enough to stay true to him” he pointed out. Which was not true.

“Look Matt, I love Jason. I just haven’t seen him as much of him lately because of all this stuff with Katie, and he’s had cricket training everyday this week. I’ve just been a little… deprived. That is all.” It was funny how this was the first thing that came to my head, although it is true. Kind of. The other thing is that I just find him very attracting. But I wasn’t going to tell him that.

“Sure. You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.” He says smirking.

I didn’t pay much attention to what he was saying, although I did notice that he didn’t put his shirt back on. Bastard. Probably trying to lure me back into his clutches so he could have his way with me. Well, I wasn’t going to let his plans succeed. I couldn’t.

“Does it look like I’ve been making out with you behind my boyfriends back?” I asked him, pointing to my hair and face.

“You look beautiful, as always” he muttered. Almost like he wished that I didn’t look so good. Well, that’s what he thought anyway.
I kind of felt bad for him. He had obviously got the wrong idea. I went over to him and took his hand.

“Matt. I don’t want to do the whole ‘friends with benefits’ thing with you, if that’s what you’re thinking. Besides, I am not going to cheat on my boyfriend again. This was just a… a… well, I don’t know what it was, but I can promise you, it won’t happen again.” He looked hurt. Then a smile spread across his face and he pulled me in for another kiss.

So, okay. I kissed him back. But I couldn’t help it! He just looked so good!! When he pulled away from me for air he smirked again.

“Yeah. Right. It will never ever happen again”

He was being sarcastic, obviously. He knew that if he kissed me, I wouldn’t resist. So I had to get out of there. I pulled myself from him, took Katie’s soda (which I had to swap with a new can, because it had gone warm by now) and stalked back out to Katie.

“You took you’re time” she told me.

“Long cue” I lied. I knew I shouldn’t lie, because it was bad. Especially to my best friend who was leaving in two days, but no way was I going to tell her about what had just happened. There was no way that I was telling anyone what had just happened. Matt had got me in a moment of weakness and that was it.

For the rest of the day I ignored Matt and stayed away from him. Not that I was afraid he was going to tell anyone, but I was afraid that if he came too close, I wouldn’t be able to keep my hands off him. And that scared me.

When I got home, I replayed my experience with Matt in my head over and over and over again. Something seemed so right, yet so wrong with us. It shocked me. When I fell asleep, I was almost to tired to think of anything else. Except the fact that tomorrow is my last day with Katie.

#9 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

Chapter Seven

The next day was excruciatingly painful. If I couldn’t cope today, think of how I’d be tomorrow, when I had to say goodbye… no. I wouldn’t let myself think about it.

I woke up feeling happy and frustrated and upset at the same time.

I was happy because someone wanted me. I knew Jason wanted me, because why else would I be his girlfriend? But Matt wanted me in a different way to Jason. Maybe… when Jason was away and I was feeling lonely… no. I could not encourage him. But I knew that sooner or later I would have to face him, and I would probably end up in his arms again, because he had a physical power over me, and he knew it.

I was frustrated because of this fact. Because he wanted me, and he was going to get me some time or another. Unless I could think of some way to stop it. Maybe, I would learn to stop it. Like I had the day before. Or maybe if I just did it with him, I would be fine and he would go away and leave me alone. Oh my god. What am I? A teenage boy? That’s what I sound like. I just didn’t know what to do.

I was upset because of this fact also. I didn’t want Jason to find out about it. If he did then I was screwed, not that I wasn’t already, but at least I have a chance, at this point in time at least.

I was also upset by the fact Katie was leaving tomorrow. I knew that it would come all too quickly and that she’d be gone before I could blink. This made me upset.

I walked into the kitchen where my brother was sitting, eating his breakfast. My brother was fourteen and didn’t really pay much attention to me. But this morning was different.

“Wow, sis” he told me, slurping down the rest of the milk in his bowl.

“What?” I replied, throwing an annoyed glance his way. I was not in the mood to take his nonsense.

“What did you do yesterday?” he smirked.

Oh my god. He knew. I don’t know how he could have found out, since no one caught us, but he knew I had been making out with Matt behind my boyfriends back. I just hoped he didn’t know how close it had come to something more.

“W-What?” I stammered.

I was nervous and my hands were suddenly clammy. If he knew (which I’m pretty sure he did) then the whole school would know in five seconds flat. Well, maybe that was a good thing. Then I’d be able to make out with Matt anytime I wanted… What. Is. Wrong. With. Me??? I have seriously got to get a grip.

“What did you do yesterday? Did you go to the beach? Because you are totally burned. Mum and Dad will kill you.”

I was about to open my mouth to protest, saying that he didn’t know anything and that I was nowhere near Matt (can you get closer to a lie? I think not) when I stopped myself and listened to him. I breathed a sigh of relief. He didn’t know. He didn’t know what had gone on between me and Matt in the bar room yesterday. Phew. I was safe. For now at least.

“Whatever” I told him, making myself breakfast and pretending to blow him off, when really, I was hiding my relief.

I got to Katie’s place at nine thirty. It was a little early, but it was my last day with her. I wanted to spend it right.

She started to cry when I walked in the front door. I hugged her and told her everything was going to be okay (which was pretty funny, considering the situation I was in). We went up to her room for a while and talked. When we got bored, we went down to annoy Sean, which was something I wanted to do because he got to stay here and Katie had to move away. I was going to make him feel as bad as possible. He’ll be wanting to go with them when I’m through with him.

“Seannnnn” Katie whined. “You taking up all the room on the couch. You have to share!” She pouted at went down and sat on his feet. For a while he did nothing.

Then he said, “Christ, Katie! You’re cutting out all the circulation in my feet. Get off!” I laughed, because Katie would not budge. He glared at me.

“I’m just glad you’re not sitting on me.” He told me. “Then we’d have trouble.” He smirked. I wanted to wipe that smirk right off his face. I looked at Katie and, as if she read my mind, she got off him.

Sean smiled for a minute, but I was happy to see that he was no longer smiling when I sad down on his legs. As I examined them, I noticed that he had quite nice legs. And nice arms, and hands. And a nice face… oh my god!

What is wrong with me? Am I like a boy magnet or something? Do I have a sign stuck to my forehead saying ‘I have a boyfriend but that doesn’t matter, I’ll take you anyway. Come one, come all!’ It certainly seemed that way.

It was what happened next that scared me though. Because when I looked (as corny as it may sound) into Sean’s eyes, I felt the same bolt of electric currency race through me like I was on fire. And I was barely touching him! Imagine what it would be like if I was kissing him! No… I am not going there. Not after the last couple of days I’ve had.

But what scared me the most, was that he seemed to feel it too. Because I saw his eyes widen and he mirrored my expression. Katie, fortunately, did not see our little exchange. I would never hear the end of it if she had.

To prevent anything like that from happening again, I jumped off him and onto the floor. I didn’t really feel like annoying him anymore. In fact, I felt like watching him. What harm can it do? None at all.

He was playing a game on the Xbox 360. Some sort of car racing game. I wasn’t up with the latest games, so I didn’t know what the name of it was. Katie seemed very interested though.

“Can I play Sean?” He looked at me.

“Ah… sure” He handed the controller over to Katie and she grabbed it, twisting the joystick and pressing buttons.

Once and a while, I stole a glance at Sean, but he’s eyes never left me. Each time I would divert my gaze somewhere else and blush. Eventually, Katie got tired of this game.

“Can I play another game Sean?” She asked him, like he was her caretaker.

“Go ahead” he said, his gaze still not leaving me. I blushed again, telling myself to stop looking at his direction. But I didn’t take my advice did I? Every time, the same thing would happen.

Until Katie finally said, “I’m hungry. I’m going to go get some food. I’ll be back in a minute.” I was about to tell her that she didn’t need to bother. I would do it (because I didn’t want to be left alone with Sean) but she disappeared before anyone could say anything.

For a minute, I was unsure of what to do. But then I heard Sean’s voice behind me. I turned around to face him.

“Amy…” he said. He looked as if he was confused. “Did you… did you feel…” He looked a bit uncomfortable. I was too. I just nodded my head. What else could I do?

“And what do you make of it?” he asked in a serious voice. He was not being funny. He wanted my honest opinion.

And I don’t really know what happened next. It was like, one minute I was on the ground, staring up at his hugely inviting lips and the next I was acting on impulse. I was taking my chances. I didn’t know how he would react.
God. What was happening to me? It was like when there was a cute guy in less than a ten mile radius I would start kissing him.

But… can I just say that, though he was surprised that I was kissing him so violently, he certainly did not object. I was half leaning on him and half sitting on him. It was a very nice place to be.

Until he sat up, pulled my into his lap and put his tongue down my throat. Which I did not object to either.

I must say, I am becoming quite accustom to guys tongues down my throat. Well, that and being ^$#@$^^. I had had two guys tongues down my throat in a matter of two days and neither one of these guys were my boyfriend. I felt quite ashamed. But at the same time, I wasn’t ashamed at all.

Because I wanted Sean. At this point in time anyway.

He started spreading kissed down my neck and my collarbone while my legs were kind of twisted in with his and my hands all knotted in his hair. Soon enough I was beginning to tug at his shirt, which he started to take off…

Except that we heard footsteps coming down the hall and sprang apart.

I scrambled back to my position on the floor (not having time to fix my hair. And I’m pretty sure Sean didn’t wipe off all that lip gloss that now covered his face) just in time for Katie to come back.

She came in and sat right down and begun playing again like nothing had happened. And to her, nothing had.

Except she was very, very wrong. Something had happened. Something very dangerous and serious. I just realized that I like making out with Sean even more that I like making out with Matt. This is bad. This is really, really bad.

The whole time I was with Katie, I was restraining myself. I desperately wanted to be with Sean again. Except that I couldn’t. Not only because Sean was my best friends brother, but because… what’s that? Oh yeah. I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!!!

When it was time to say goodbye to Katie for the day, I got up to leave. But not before I had whispered to Sean “Meet you out the back.”

I feel really guilty. I mean, I was cheating on my boyfriend with not only one guy, but two. And I liked them a lot.

“Bye!” I said to Katie as we hugged. Then I slipped out the door and around the house, only to find Sean standing there, watching me.

“What?” I asked. He looked at me cautiously.

He didn’t answer my question. Instead he flung me around to his side and pressed me up against the fence. What have I gotten myself into?

“What do you want from me Amy?” he asked.

I couldn’t answer the question. I couldn’t say what I really wanted from him. I would never say that to his face. Not now anyway.

He didn’t care about my answer though, because he threw his lips against mine with such force that I collapsed. My knees buckled and I threw myself at him. God I am a ^$#@$^^.

We sat with out legs and arms around one another and out tongues down each other’s throats. He pulled off my shirt with such force that I didn’t even see it fly over my head. I tugged at his too, and it flew off.

What am I doing? Am I not repeating yesterday’s events exactly, but with a different guy? This was bad. Very, very bad. Because I don’t think I’ll have the will power to stop. And it didn’t look like he wanted to stop anytime soon.

I felt his arms around me and my bra came off next.

What am I doing? I repeated. I am going to be in so much trouble, with everyone. I am so going to hell.

He started kissing my chest and about every square inch of bare skin there was for him to kiss.

Then he began to pull at my jeans. Oh no. This is bad. Really bad. Worse than anything I’ve ever experienced. I mean, not what we were doing. That was good. Too good. The fact that I could very well end up sleeping with my best friends brother was what terrified me.

Still, he kept tugging at my pants. At first I tried to stop him, but then he brushed my hands away and he won. I was gone. Too far gone. And then I tugged at his pants and I knew what would come next.

Except it didn’t. Sean broke away from me and brushed my hand away.

“Amy…” his voice was very deep and rough. Why, in the space of two days, had two men said my name like this? I am dead.

“Yes?” I asked, not quite recognizing my own voice.

“We can’t do this.” he said. Isn’t this what I told Matt yesterday? Duja –vu much?

So then it was a great surprise to me when I pouted sadly.

“Why not?” What was I saying? Did I want to have sex with Sean??

He threw back his head and laughed.

“Do you mind telling me what’s so funny?” I asked him, frustrated.

“You” he told me. “I am not going to be someone who you just mess around with, Amy.” He said.

I stared at him. What was he saying?

“What?

“I want you, but I’m not going to mess around with you, just because your boyfriend won’t.”

I stared, gobsmacked. Did he just say he wanted to be with me? As in, be my boyfriend? No, I mustn’t have heard him right. But then what would he have said instead? He saw my blank expression and laughed again.

“Why?” I asked, my voice cracking a little.

“Why what?” he asked, now confused.

“Why do you want me?” I asked. Hearing the words come out of my mouth made them more real and terrifying at the same time. He laughed again.

“Because I love you, Amy” I stared at him again.

He… He loved me? How could he love me? It just didn’t make any sense. But did it need to make sense? I mean, sure. He’s Katie’s brother and Kat is probably looking for him right now, since he’s been gone for a while, but did that matter? She wouldn’t be here to know if we did hook up (not that we are because, oh yeah, I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!).

I leant over to him again and pulled him closer, sticking my tongue down his throat again. At first he did the same, but the he resisted and pulled away again.

“Amy-“ this time, I was the one doing the cutting off. With my lips.

His lips burnt mine as he licked them. Then, I tugged at his pant, which slid off. Now we were both naked (except for our underwear) and kissing every possible place we could. Sean broke away again.

“Amy, I told you, I am not making out with you, or doing anything else for that matter, until you are mine and mine only.”

This was so unfair. I frowned. He stared to pull his clothes back on and I knew he meant what he said. I redressed, and then stood up.

“Um…” I told him, not sure what to say. He kissed me softly on the lips.

“Do you want me to walk you home?” he asked. He was so sweet.

“No thanks. I’ll be fine.” I told him.

I didn’t tell him the reason though. If I walked home with him I would not be able to keep my hands to myself.

“Alright. I love you Amy” He said.

I couldn’t tell him I loved him, because that was not true, but if I told him that then he might not make out with me again.

“Uh huh” I said to him, before I walked around the house and onto the path and begun to walk home.

#10 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

Chapter Eight

I woke up the next day with a headache. Today I have to say goodbye to Katie. I groaned and got out of bed. As I was coming down stairs, mum called “Amy! Phone!” As I mumbled a thank you to mum, I spoke into the receiver.

“Hello?” I asked. I rubbed my eyes. I was so tired.

“Hi Amy” said Jason’s bright voice.

“J-Jason?” I asked with surprise. He laughed.

“Yes, it’s me Amy. Look, I know that you’re probably upset at the moment, but believe me. I’m here for you. You’ll be okay.”

Aww. I don’t know how I ever cheated on him. He really loves me. Okay, maybe we don’t really do anything fun anymore, but I can change that.

“Thanks Jase, you’re so sweet.” I told him in the strongest voice I could muster.

“Okay. Maybe I’ll come over tomorrow when you’ve processed everything and we can go watch a game or something.”

This was my chance to change everything. I didn’t need anyone except Jason… Jason… Jason.

“Um, Jase? How about we do something fun for a change? Like, go to a movie or something?”

“Oh, yeah. Sure. Whatever you want babe.” He coughed quite loudly.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow at seven, kay? I have to um, go now.”

Then he hung up. Okay. So I have a date with my boyfriend tomorrow at seven o’clock. I just have to forget about the other two guys I made out with and focus on Jason. Everything will be fine. Or that’s what I’m telling myself anyway.

I put the phone back in it’s cradle and went back to my bedroom to get dressed. I couldn’t waste another minute. I had to get to Katie.

Half an hour later, when I was dressed, fed and semi-presentable, I flew out the door and ran to Katie’s place. I wish I didn’t have to go to their house, because I didn’t want to run into Sean, but that was a chance I just had to take.

“Amy!” Katie yelled when I walked up the drive to her house. We ran to each other and embraced in a huge hug. It was then that we started bawling.

“I’m going to miss you so much!” she cried. I just nodded my head. I don’t think I could’ve talked if I tried.

“Out of the way girls!” Katie’s dad yelled as he was carrying two chests of draws. We moved out of the way and onto the lawn when I noticed that there was three huge moving trucks parked on the street.

“How are they going to get all that stuff to England?” I asked Katie threw our tears.

“They’re taking it to the airport where they’ll put all our stuff on a plane.” She sniffed.

“Oh Katie. What will I ever do without you?” I asked.

We burst into a new layer of tears.

After a while, Katie’s mum said, “Come on girls. Katie? Can you check the house to make sure we haven’t left anything please? Then get in the car. We have to stop off at Sean’s on the way to the airport and we have to leave now if we don’t want to be late.”

That’s right. Sean wasn’t leaving. I still wonder why he just doesn’t go with his family. I mean, I don’t really want him to go. I certainly don’t hate him, especially after yesterday, but I’m still a little confused.

Katie and I went back into the house to look for anything that may have been left behind. As I walked through the house I saw everything that Katie and I had done there. As kids, as preteens and now as young adults. I feel like I had grown up in this house as much as Katie had. It was my second home. I didn’t want to leave it behind. I didn’t want to let someone else move in here. It wasn’t right. This house has always belonged to Katie’s family and it still should. But in about five minutes it would become someone else’s. This house that had meant so much would become the property of a stranger.

As I walked out of the house that had been, in many ways, my home, tears started to pour down my face one more.

“It’ll be okay” Katie said to me as I stood by her car.

I knew she was wrong. I knew that it wouldn’t be okay, but I had to be strong for Katie. And even though I was doing a pretty bad job of that, I had to try.

“I know,” I said miserably.

She got in and slammed the door shut. As she wound down the windows, I saw she was crying. I gave her another hug through the window.

“Thank you, Amy” she said. I stared at her in surprise.

“What for?” I asked her.

“Thank you for being there for me, and being my friend. I know I haven’t always liked your boyfriend or respected your decision to be part of the ‘In Crowd’ with him, but I’m thankful that I met you.”

Tears still streaming down my face, I said, “It had nothing to do with me, and everything to do with you”

And then her parents waved me goodbye and they were gone.

As I walked along the street I felt cold, and I know it had nothing to do with the weather. I put my arms around myself and hugged my jacket closer. I didn’t know where I was going, or what I would find when I got there, but all I knew was that I had to keep walking.

After a while my legs took me to a playground that Katie and I used to play in. I sat down and cried a bit more. Then I realized that my tears weren’t helping anymore.

I took in my surroundings. The chestnut trees were swaying in the warm summery breeze, I could hear the children playing on the swings and play equipment while their families sit back and chat about their life and light buzz of the traffic on the other side of the park. All in all, it was a beautiful day. Except I could barely acknowledge any of it because I was to caught up in my own sorrow.

Eventually, I had had enough of sitting down and wallowing in my grief. I stood up and walked home. When I got there, Mum hugged me.

“I’m sure it will get better hun” she says, squeezing me.

“Sure” I say, not very convincingly. She lets me go and I run off to my room.

When I got in there, I checked my email. The first one I got was from Katie. She must have sent it this morning before she had packed her computer away. It said:

Amy,

I know you’ll be upset when you read this, believe me, I am too, but just remember that You’re still my best friend and even though I might not be there physically anymore, I’m always with you.

Good luck for the next couple of years! I know you’ll do great!!

Missing you already, Kat.

I smiled sadly. She was so sweet. I was really going to miss her.

Just then, my mobile went. I wondered who it could be. I got it out of my pocket and checked the caller ID. It was Jason.

Jason: Hey babe! How’re you feeling?

Me: Alright, I guess. Just a little sad.

Jason: Are we still on for tonight?

Oops. I had forgotten all about our date. But I really didn’t feel like going out tonight. I just wasn’t in the mood.

Me: I don’t know Jase. I was just going to sit in my room and read or something. Have a quiet night, you know?

Jason: Ah, come on babe. It’ll be fun, I promise.

I didn’t really want to go, but he was being so sweet and trying so hard.

Me: Fine.

Jason: Cool! I’ll pick you up at seven.

And then he hung up. So now, I have a date to get ready for. I really don’t know what I should wear either. I always thought that you should wear something that reflects your mood, but that might be a little difficult in this case.

I didn’t reply to Katie’s email, because she wouldn’t be getting it for at least three weeks. I closed the lid of my laptop and walked downstairs, where I found my brother and his friend, playing the xbox.

“When will you be seeing your friend Matthew again?” My brother asked. I was a little surprised at his question. I didn’t even know he knew who Matt was.

“Ummm. At school I guess. Why?” I looked over to his friend who was pulling at the joystick so hard I thought it might have snapped off.

“God. Mike! You just made me lose!!” My brother looked at him like he was ruining something.

“I didn’t make you do anything!” Michael rolled his eyes.

“Anyway, when you see Matt again, tell him I’m still waiting for the date of the singing competition.” He smirked at me.

“Why would you want the date of a school singing competition?” I asked him, although I think I pretty much knew why he wanted them.

“To tell all my friends to come and embarrass you!” He said. “My mission in life.” He continued to smirk. I groaned.

“You do it very well.” I grumbled as I walked off, nearly tripping over all of those xbox cords.

What was Matt doing, going around and giving the date to everyone when he hadn’t even told me? Not that I wanted to sing at the stupid thing, but why was he giving it to everyone else? Maybe I should have a word with him. Except, not in person, because I might want to reach out and kiss him again, and believe me, that would be bad with a capital B.

#11 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

Chapter Nine

As Jason picked me up I felt really awkward. I had made out with two other guys since I last saw him. I hopped in the car as he drove me away from the house.

“Hey Babe” he said, kissing me on the lips. I felt my heart flutter, but not as strong as it usually did. I was worried.

“Hey!” I said once we had broken apart.

“So, where are we going?” I asked him. He grinned.

“You’ll have to wait and see.” He told me. I was skeptical. Where could he take me that would be any fun at all?

We kept driving in silence. I didn’t know what to say. To fill the car with noise, I turned on the radio. I didn’t know what the sound was, but I bounced along to the beat anyway.

After a while, we drove into a car park. Of a roller-skating rink. I felt my stomach lurch. I hated roller-skating. It was so dangerous. People were always getting themselves hurt, or hurting other people. I swear, if Jason was taking me to a roller-skating rink I will kill myself. But as we drove in and parked, we got out and headed for the door.

“Jason…” I started. He knew I hated roller-skating.

“It’s okay. You’ll like where we are going, I promise.” He replied.

We went straight up to the door, but instead of going inside, like I though, we took and trail that lead to a little house at the back. I raised my eyebrow at Jason, but he kept smiling. As we walking inside, a wall of coffee and old paper hit me, and I knew exactly where we were.

“Oh Jase!” I squealed in delight. We were in a second hand book store. One of my favourite places in the world.

Jason looked at me proudly. “I knew you’d like it.” He told me quietly.

I walked to the very back of the shop and checked out the racks. Jason watched me as I beamed at all of the old books that were on the shelf. He laughed.

“What?” I asked him. I had found all of the classics. Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudges…

“I don’t understand how you can like books so much.” He told me. I scowled.

“I don’t understand how you can like sport so much. It is dangerous and boring.” I watched him to see what his reaction would be.

“Yeah, but that’s what makes it fun. The thrill of the game, to know that you are part of a team, that people rely on you. It just makes you feel so… I can’t even describe it.” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“That’s what it’s like to read a good book. To get lost in a world that isn’t your own. To read about others emotions and their story… it’s just to wondrous. You can learn so much!” He looked at me like I was nuts. And I guess, to him, I kind of was.

I dropped this conversation and let him think about what I’ve said. I make my way to the very back of the room where it was hidden away by a shelf of books and sat down in on a sofa. It was a nice, warm feeling. I opened Romeo and Juliet and started reading.

“So that’s it? I just sit on the sofa and watch you read?” Jason asks, coming and sitting next to me.

“I’m sure you can find something on football in here somewhere.” I told him. He laughed and got up off the couch to go and find a book.

As I read, I couldn’t help wonder what Jason’s reaction would be if I died. Would he kill himself, like Romeo? Or would he just move on? Would he even cry? I metaphorically kick myself. Of course he will cry! I’m his damn girlfriend! He loves me. Unlike the total a--h---- I was to him.

Just as I was doing some serious arguing with myself, Jason comes back with a book on the history of football.

“Found something?” I ask him. He just shrugs. I smile. At least he came with me, even though he kind of hates reading. That shows commitment. Something I need a little bit more of.

“Hey um, Amy?” He looks a little nervous.

“Yes?” I ask him.

“Um, well, there is something you need to… never mind.” He said, and he glued his face to the book.

“There is something I need to what?” I ask him. What does he think I need?? To know something? To do something? What??

“Never mind. It’s really not that important.” I stare at him confused.

“Then why can’t you tell me?” I ask him. All of a sudden he gets very red.

“Nothing okay? Just drop it!” Now I’m really confused. What is he hiding? I don’t bring it up again.

We sit in silence for the rest of our stay and then he buys me the books (except the one about football, obviously) and drives me home.

“Night” he says when I’m at my door.

“Night” I tell him. He’s hiding something, and I’m going to find out what!

I get in the house and go straight to my room. My initial thought was to ring Katie, but I couldn’t because she wouldn’t even be in England yet, let alone her house with the phone connected. Who else could help me, I thought.

Tasha, she would help me. I hadn’t talked to her in a while. I have been so caught up in everything with Katie that I had kind of forgotten about my other friends. I had forgotten about a lot of things actually.

I rang Tasha and she picked up on the first ring, even though it was kinda late.

“Hi Amy” she said when I told her it was me.

“Hey Tasha. Look, I know it’s late so I won’t keep you long, but I need you help.” I took a deep breath and hoped that she wasn’t to mad at me for forgetting about her.

“Of course honey. What’s up?” Phew. Okay, now how do I ask her if she knows what Jason is hiding from me without sounding suspicious?

“Um, well… Jason said something tonight that made me think. He started to tell me something and then decided against it and when I asked him what it was he just shook his head and wouldn’t tell me. Do you have any idea what it might be?” I asked. I babbled, I knew it, but I had no idea how to explain it to her. I must sound so paranoid.

“Oh dear Amy. This is bad darl.” She said sympathetically. Why would she say something sympathetically to me? Was there something wrong?

“What is it Tasha?” I asked her, worried more for her sake than mine.

“I’m sorry hun but I think… I don’t think it’s you he has eyes for you anymore, honey. You might want to drop him before you see something you don’t like.” I sighed and then laughed. I was seriously paranoid. Why did I bother to ring Tasha in the first place? She always said that Jason was doing something he shouldn’t be. She hated Jason. Everyone seemed to hate him. Why?

“Okay, well I’ll check it out. Thanks Tash.” I told her and hung up. I laughed, she was quite funny sometimes. As if Jason would ever do something like that. It was me who needed to be reminded who their actual boyfriend was.

I shook my head and walked down stairs to turn on the T.V. Mike had beaten me to it.

“Flip it over to the news Mike” I told him. He ignored me.

“Mike!” I yelled at him. He turned around to look at me.

“Can’t you see I’m watching the game?” he asked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the remote out of his hands.

“Hey!” He yelled. I flipped it over to the news and held the remote high above my head. I loved being the older sibling, because at the moment, Mike still hadn’t had his growth spurt, so I was still taller.

“Aw, come on Amy! Give it back!!” He scrambled over the side of the couch and lunged at me. I moved out of the way just in time for him to go sailing through the air into the kitchen. I heard a thump.

“Ow!” he yelled. I smirked, satisfied and listened to the news.

“There is now a nasty traffic jam on the road to Black Sift Airport thanks to a car crash that happened at just eleven o’clock this morning. Four people were injured in the crash with wounds to the head arms and legs. Authorities say that it was there was not drugs or alcohol involved and that they are looking into it. In other news, the Wildcats have won against the Pelicans in this week’s match and will now go on to play the Sea Swans.” I switched the T.V off, not wanting to hear anymore. There wasn’t anything interesting to listen to anyway.

I walked into the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. Mike was on the floor, looking up at me with hatred.

“What’s the matter Mikey? Hit the wall too hard?” I teased him. He growled but got up and walked back over to the T.V again.

I will never learn the trick as to why he gets so caught up in the game. I hate football. The guys aren’t even cute! It’s a waste of time, I say!

Just then, the phone rang. Since Mike is in his own little world, I thought I’d get it.

“Hello?” I asked in my polite phone voice.

“Amy,” Matt breathed. I suddenly became very flustered.

“Matt, hi. Look I really can’t talk. I have to get-“ but he cut me off.

“Amy. Don’t be stupid. I know you’re just trying to avoid me. But look, I really miss you. I haven’t seen you at school lately… well, I have, but not enough. Come meet me in the park,” He told me. I checked the clock on the microwave.

“It’s eleven o’clock at night!” I told him. I was not meeting him alone. By myself. In the dark. No way.

“So?” he asked me.

“So I can’t just come out whenever I want to. I have responsibilities. Things I have to do.” I was making excuses and he knew it.

“Aww, don’t be like that. I thought we had fun the other day,” I winced at the memory.

“Now you listen to me Matthew, and you listen closely. Under no circumstances is that going to happen again, do you hear me? I am seeing someone else. I love Jason, and I will not do that to him again.” I whispered. Mike was in the next room and if he heard anything it would be all over the school in a second flat.

“Alright, alright. Nothing will happen. I just want to see you. Please? If you come, I might even tell the people at school that you dropped out of the singing competition…” He went on. I scowled. He was blackmailing me.

“Fine, but I will not do anything-“ Again, he cut me off.

“I know, I know. See you in a bit!” And then he hung up.

So now, I have to go meet him at eleven o’clock at night in the park. Where no one will be around to stop us from doing anything absurd. Fabulous.

I grabbed a jumper, as it was cold outside, and reluctantly left the house. It was a five minute walk to the park, so maybe I would have some sort of plan by the time I got there. What did he want?

As I turned into the street on which the park was situated, I still had nothing.

“Hey Amy,” Matt said as I appeared near the log that he was sitting on. I took in what he was wearing. A pair of jeans, and a jumper. Maybe he was going to be good after all.

“Hi Matt,” I said politely. I still wanted to know what he was up to, dragging me out into the cold at eleven o’clock at night.

“Listen. After what you told me the other day, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking.” The other day? What had I told him the other day?

“Go on,” I told him nervously, putting my freezing hands into my pockets.

“Well, you said that you would only do… what we were doing… with your boyfriend. Amy, I want to be your boyfriend. I love you.” He took a couple of steps towards me as I backed away from him.

This cannot be happening! Three guys in love with me? That can’t be possible. I’m plain and boring. I don’t understand. And Matt… why? Why does everything have to be so complicated? Why can’t we all just be friends? Why does everyone have to want what they can’t have? Can’t we all just be happy with what we’ve got? Apparently not.

“Matt-” I told him, but he cut me off with a kiss.

I could feel the urgency as his lips moved along mine. I pulled away.

“Matt, I can’t!” I yelled. He laughed, trying to pull me closer to him. I wriggled out of his grasp and took a couple of steps backwards, putting a couple of metres between us.

“Awww, come on Amy!” He said, almost begging. I shook my head, not trusting myself to speak. I could feel tears welling up behind my eyes. What a stupid thing to do! I shouldn’t be crying!

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. And then I took off, running back the way I had come.

I heard Matt calling my name a couple of times, running after me a bit, but he must have lost interest at some point. When I got home I finally looked back, but all I saw was the cold, dark night coming after me as I shut myself in the house, avoiding Mike and my parents to get to my room as quickly as possible.

That night I cried myself to sleep. At least my parents had the sense to stay out, but I knew everyone else could hear me.

Everything was just so wrong!! Katie was gone, Jason was hiding something (maybe) and I had another two guys that I was physically attracted to. Wonderful, just what I wanted. I couldn’t think of anyway to fix these problems I had somehow got myself into.

And on top of everything else, I had school tomorrow. I am so screwed.

#12 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Chapter Ten

When I got up, I was late, but I didn’t care. I had no reason to try and make school interesting or fun anymore. It isn’t. Not without Katie.

I sat down in History with just a minute to spare. Tasha waved at me from across the room. I waved back at her, half-heartedly. I wasn’t really listening to what my teacher was saying. It was all a little bit blurry. Thank god he didn’t ask me any questions.

When the bell rang, instead of going to my locker, I went to the girls toilets. I washed my face, trying to wake myself up and make me a little more interactive with the rest of the class. I was just about to leave, when I heard the faint noise of someone crying. I was about to leave (usually when I’m upset all I want is to be left alone) but then the noise got louder.

“How… Why…” the voice cried. I got down on my hands and knees and sure enough, there was someone in there.

“Hello?” I asked them. They stopped crying immediately.

“Go away!” They shouted. Well, I wasn’t going to stick around. They obviously wanted to be left alone. But then, the girl came out of the cubical.

“No, wait… that was mean. I’m sorry,” she says, wiping her eyes and face with the back of her hand.

Her black hair was a mess. It looked all wet and pulled out of place. She was wearing a yellow-patched shirt and a pair of overalls. Her face was all red and blotchy. She looked terrible.

“Are you alright?” I asked. It was a pretty stupid question, obviously she was upset, but I couldn’t think of anything else to say.

“No” She said simply.

“Do you want me to leave you alone?” I asked her, thinking that that might be best.

“No” she said again. I struggled to keep the conversation going.

“What’s the matter? Why are you crying?” I asked her finally. She looked as if she was ready to burst into tears again.

“I can’t believe that he… that they…” She sank to her knees and covered her face as she started crying again. I bent down with her and rubbed her back.

“Shhh. It’s okay. I’m sure it’s not that bad.” I said, trying to soothe her. But obviously it didn’t work. Her head snapped up at me with a look of disgust on her face.

“Not that bad, huh? She asked me.

“No, I didn’t mean…” I trailed off.

“You think it’s okay? What they said they were going to do to me if I told anyone what they did? You think I should just accept that and be grateful?” She asked. She was obviously distraught, although I can’t imagine what would make her act this way.

“No! That’s not what I meant at all!” I said, trying to defend myself. I don’t even know why I was bothering to try to help this girl, when I had huge problems of my own that I can’t, for the life of me, solve.

“I just meant that, whatever it is, I’m sure it can be fixed!” Whatever it is.

The girl started crying again.

“You can’t! There’s nothing you can do. They’ll find me…” She was to distressed to even finish the sentence.

“Who’s they?” I asked her, but she just shook her head. I sighed. This wasn’t going to work, and the bell was going to go soon.

“Can you tell me you’re name?” I asked her.

“Claudia” she whispered. I sighed.

“When the bell goes after school, come straight to my locker, which is the end one near the library. We’ll sort this out.” I told her. She stopped crying for a minute and looked up at me.

“But… Why do you want to help me? You don’t even know me.” She said, the hurt showing in her voice.

“Just come.” I told her. I squeezed her hand, got up off the floor and left.

Hopefully she would follow my instructions. I didn’t know much, but one thing I did know, is that she needs help. And it looks like I’m the one that will have to give it to her. Great.

The day flew by so quickly I could hardly keep up with it all. When the bell rang for the end of the day, I hurried to my locker. Claudia was standing there, looking no different than when I saw her earlier.

“Hi Claudia” I said as I greeted her. A couple of people looked my way, probably wanting to know who I was talking to. Claudia looked uncomfortable.

“Um… Hi” she said quickly. She glanced around at the people next to me, who hastily looked away.

“Come on” I told her. I grabbed my bag and started to walk down the corridors and out of the school. We were silent. I watched her as we walked, looking for any unusual signs.

When we had got to a children’s playground near the school gates, we sat down on the swings.

“Okay. You wanna tell me what’s going on?” I asked her. I was here to help her. She looked around hesitantly before speaking.

“They caused it. That accident on the road. They did it on purpose. They made me watch. They made me swear not to tell anyone. They said that they would do horrible things to me if I spoke. They…” She trailed off, bursting into tears.

“It’s okay. It’ll be alright” I calmed. It wasn’t working.

“What accident?” I asked her. I would have to get this out of her in drips and drabs. She looked up.

“The one that was on the news the other night. The one near the airport.” Ah yes. I remembered Mikes face as I tried to change the channel and he smashed into the wall. Ha, idiot.

“Why did they do it?” I asked her again. She looked really paranoid. Like she was going to say to much and they (whoever ‘they’ are) would jump out in front of her or something.

“Revenge” she wailed. She covered her face in her hands and rocked back and forth. I was now, even more confused.

“Revenge for what?” I asked her yet again. This time, she was to emotional to talk to me. I squeezed her hand, and then sat there, watching her.

They must have done something pretty bad to make her react like this. If only I knew who they were… Her head snapped up and watched me.

“What?” I asked her.

“You. Things are happening at the moment, aren’t they?” she asked me. Suddenly I felt like our roles were reversed and I was the unstable one.

“What things? What are you talking about?” I asked her. I did not want to go down this path.

“Bad things. You’re in denial. There is something you know is true but you don’t want to admit it to yourself. Is someone keeping something from you? You miss someone.” I stared at her is disbelieve.

“Are you a psychic or something?” I asked her. She laughed.

“No. Just good at reading people.” I found that a bit hard to believe. For once, she seemed normal. She seemed happy.

“Look, I know you’re just trying to be nice, but I don’t think you can really help me. I don’t think anyone can.” A dark expression took over her face and I knew she was joking anymore.

“See, that’s where you’re wrong. I can help! I know it! Just let me try.” I persisted. She smiled.

“Why don’t you tell me a bit about what’s worrying you, hm?” She asked. I was amazed at how suddenly our conversation had gone from me trying to help a hysterical Claudia, to her trying to interrogate me.

“I don’t think that is necessary, really. It’s not that important.” I told her. I was starting to get a little uncomfortable.

“But you’re upset, so obviously it is.” She told me. I sighed. Might as well get it over and done with.

“Well, my best friend just moved up to England to live.” No need to tell her everything.

“Yes. That would be Katlyn, am I right?” I stared at her again.

“How did you-“ she cut me off.

“That would also be the person you miss.” She smiled at me. It was a friendly smile.

“How did you know?” I asked her. She laughed at me.

“I know a lot more about you than you realize.” She told me. I was astonished into silence.

“You think someone might be keeping something from you?” she prompted. I put my head down.

“Well, it was just a theory. I’m not really sure…” I trailed off again.

“Jason, your boyfriend. You think he’s hiding something?” I drew a circle in the dirt with my feet. I didn’t even bother asking how she knew that.

“Maybe…” I said. She nodded and smiled again.

“Is that what I’m in denial about?” I asked. Obviously she knew more about it than I did.

“You tell me.” She said. I pursed my lips in concentration.

“I don’t know.” I said. She smiled and checked her watch.

“I better get going.” She told me. “Thank you for your help. I actually do feel a little better. I hope you can sort through your problems and focus on the big picture though. You’re going to need it.”

And with that, she got up off the swing and walked away, leaving me even more confused than when I got here.

The next couple of days, I sat with Claudia. I was surprised to learn that she is the same age as me. I would have thought that she was younger. She was actually in a lot of my classes, too.

“So, what are you doing after school?” she asked me one day.

“Um, nothing really. Just some homework I guess. Why?” I asked her. I wouldn’t have thought that Claudia would be someone that I could get along with easily, especially for her creepy mood swings and her strange ability to know what was going on in my life, but that’s another reason why I like her. She understands.

“Well, there is this band playing in town. I heard they’re really good. It’s not a concert or anything, just a small gig. I was thinking we might go see them or something,” she says, twirling her hair around her finger. I smiled.

“Sure! I’d love to.” She smile that I’ve gotten used to.

“Cool!”

We got to the venue at seven thirty. Claudia was really excited, jumping up and down a little on the spot in excitement beside me.

“I haven’t actually been to a real gig before!” she squealed. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

I could hear the band warming up back stage. I felt suddenly, very at home as I could hear the sound of the guitar wafting into the very excited audience.

We all started screaming as the band came out. As I got a good look at the band members, I felt sick and excited at the same time. Because the person holding the guitar and waving with a huge smile plastered on his face, was none other than my best friends brother. Who I also had made out with behind my boyfriends back. Great.

As I heard his voice introducing the first piece, I couldn’t help but smile.

“What?” yelled Claudia. It was so hard to hear over the music. I snapped out of it and looked at her.

“Huh?” She followed my gaze up to Sean.

“He’s pretty cute. Do you know him?” I really didn’t want to have to explain it all to her.

“Uh, yeah. He’s Katie’s brother.” I told her. She smiled.

“Oh.”

She didn’t really say much the rest of the concert. I was left to wonder. The way she had said ‘oh’. It made me think she knew more than I thought. Did she know about Sean and I? But no-one did. How could she? No-one saw us. Or, I hope no-one saw us. Our attention was kind of focused solely on each other. But, surely if anyone did see us they would say something. Right? Not necessarily. I hate arguing with myself.

When the concert finished (with a magical number called ‘Her’) Claudia was still so excited.

“Oh! That was the most fantastic gig I’ve ever been to!” she giggled. I rolled my eyes.

“I though you said that it was the only gig you’ve been to.” I told her. She laughed and nodded.

“Yep! Hey, you want some popcorn?” she asked me. I looked around. “They’re selling popcorn? At a gig?” I asked her.

“Of course!” She skipped up to the caravan that was selling popcorn to order. I started to go over to a log to wait for her. As I was walking (probably because I was looking down) I walked straight into someone. As I looked up to see who it was it was none other than… Sean.

“Hello Amy” he said. I was shocked.

“H-Hi” I stuttered. He laughed at me.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

“Well, my friend brought me. I didn’t know you’d be here.” Was my stupid reply.

“Well, here I am.” He told me. I felt awkward. I could tell that I wasn’t the only one remembering our last encounter. And I wasn’t the only one who had enjoyed it.

“Well… it was nice seeing you. Say hi to Katie for me, next time you speak to her.” I said. But my feet weren’t moving. What was wrong with me?

But the next thing I did was unforgivable. And also my fault. Because I reached up and kissed him hard on the lips. In the open. Where anyone could just walk past and see. And they did.

When I broke off the kiss, panting heavily, I saw out of the corner of my eye. Matt, looking like I’d punched him in the stomach. I groaned.

Now I’ve done it.
---------------------------------------

Finally. Okay guys! Welcome to thread two. I am so excited!!! lol. Okay, um, sorry for the little chapter confusion before. It get very hectic. Hope you are enjoying it so far!! Update will hopefully be today.

Love Melissa :heartbeat:
Love is just a chemical creation

#13 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:12 AM

Ahhhh! Melissa, congrats on your second thread <3
-Helen.

#14 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:25 AM

Thank you!!!! I'm so excited!! Okay. Who wants an update?

Chapter Eleven

I started at Matt, watching as a dozen emotions flashed across his face. Hurt, anger, confusion, jealously… I couldn’t take it. My heart was racing. I looked at Sean who was looked pleased but a little shocked. What had I done? Why can’t I keep my hands (and my lips) to myself? I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!!!! You have to leave some guys to other girls, Amy.

“Amy…” Sean started. I groaned again.

“I’m sorry,” I said. And then I took off. I ran to the caravan where Claudia was with our popcorn, took her by the arms and ran.

When we got out of the venue, Claudia stopped me.

“What was all that about?” she asked me. Got to think of an excuse, think of an excuse, think of an excuse. Oh what’s the point? She’ll probably just work it out from her scary psychic ability anyway.

“I-I-I j-just…” and then I burst into tears. I really couldn’t handle it anymore. It was all just too much. I sunk down to the ground and leant on the wire fence. Claudia bent down and tried to comfort me, but it didn’t work.

I mean, Matt had seen me kiss Sean. Me, Kiss, Sean. Not the other way around. He knew I was cheating on Jason, but he thought I was with him or something. He didn’t know there was a third party involved. But he did now. Oh god. He’s going to tell Jason. I know it. He’ll be so mad at me that he’ll want to get back at me at any way possible. And what better way then to make my boyfriend break up with me. Well, maybe it doesn’t matter. Maybe it will be easier. What? What am I thinking? Ugh, I need caffeine.

“Shhh. Amy, what’s wrong? You can tell me. I promise I won’t tell anyone else,” Claudia soothed me. It wasn’t working.

“I’m s-such a t-terrible p-person,” I cried. She won’t understand. She’ll hate me for cheating on all three of them. I’m so selfish! What do I do??

“I’m sure it’s not that bad,” she says. I groan.

“It’s bad,” I say. I don’t want to say it. I haven’t actually told anybody. It’s just in my head. It’ll be real if I tell someone. But I guess I should, I mean, they might be able to help… Ha! Or not.

“Just tell me Amy. It’ll be okay!” She told me, getting impatient. Well, here goes nothing.

“You call cheating on your boyfriend with two other guys okay?” I asked her. I kept my head down. Maybe, if I don’t look at her it won’t be that bad. She withdrew her hand from where she had rested it on my knee. Oh dear. It’s bad. She hates me.

“Oh dear,” she whispers. Well, there goes that friendship. I actually liked Claudia too. Oh well. I guess I deserve it. I deserve everything I get.

“Go on. It’s okay. I understand. You hate me, I get it. I deserve it anyway. Just go. You don’t have to stick around with a s l u t like me. It’s okay. I-“ she cut me off.

“Amy, shut up. Stop rambling. Of course I don’t hate you.” I looked up from my position on the ground.

“Y-You don’t?” I asked her, wiping my eyes.

“Don’t be stupid. Of course I don’t. I’m just trying to find a way out of this mess you have so carefully got yourself into.” She said the last sentence with sarcasm. But she actually didn’t hate me. She wanted to help me!

“There isn’t a way out of this. Matt is going to tell Jason about Sean and I-“ she cut me off again.

“Wow, wow, wow. Stop. Who’s Matt?” she asked. I sighed. I am going to have to explain this whole mess to her know.

“Well, he’s one of the guys I made out with.” I bite my lip. She didn’t look impressed.

“Uh huh. And Sean is the other one?” she asked. She sounded like my mum. I nodded.

“Hmm,” he brow was creased with concentration.
“When did you, uh, make out with Matt?” she asked me. I thought back to the day by the pool. When Katie was still here.

“Um… god, it must have been about a week ago.” I told her. She thought was a minute. The suspense was killing me.

“And when did you make out with Sean?” she asked. I blushed.

“Uh, the next day,” I told her. I looked down again to hide my flushed cheeks. Claudia rolled her eyes.

“Okay, well why did you make out with Matt?” she asked me. I sighed. I didn’t know really…

“I don’t know.” I told her. “He was just there and he told me he wanted me and… I don’t know. I just didn’t stop him.” I was blushing again.

“Uh huh.” She said. She didn’t sound impressed.

“And why did you make out with Sean?” she asked me. I thought. How could I explain the electricity? The jolt of lightning I felt whenever I was standing anywhere near him?

“Again, I don’t really know. I just felt a… a need?” I told her, trying to make her understand. She nodded.

“Like a jolt of electricity?” she asked me. I snapped my head up to look at her.

“How did you know?” I asked. She smiled.

“And how do feel about Jason?” she asked me. Ugh. I love Jason.

“I love him. I don’t want to hurt him, except I can’t seem to stop myself. Every time I’m near those two… especially Sean… I just… ugh! What am I going to do?” I asked her. I looked at Claudia, begging her to help me.

She smiled. “I think you need to sort out your feelings. For all three of them. Who can’t you live without? Who makes you feel good about yourself, special? Who can you imagine yourself with more than anyone else?” I groaned again. I’m not good at this sort of thing.

“Oh, and did I mention that Sean is Katie’s brother? Yeah. That’s right. I violated, like, the second most important rule in the Friendship Manual. The only thing worse than making out with your best friends brother is making out with your best friends ex. I am so screwed!” Claudia just laughs.

“Come on. Let’s get you home.”

“How could you Amy? How could you cheat on me like that? I loved you. I though you loved me too.”

“I do Jason! I love you. Please don’t leave me,” I whispered.

“I’m sorry Amy. But I can’t be with you anymore. I don’t trust you. I-I don’t love you anymore.” He looked so hurt. Why did I do this to him??? What is wrong with me??? I had a perfect boyfriend and a semi-perfect life and I had to go ruin it thanks to some stupid teenage hormones. Ugh!

"Please Jason!" I begged.

"No Amy! You expect me to stay with you after I've found out what you've done behind my back?" I was crying. He was right. He should break up with me. But I had to try.

"Please Jason! It didn't mean anything!" I cried.

"Didn't mean anything, huh? With two guys? No. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be with someone I can't trust. And I definitely cannot trust you Amy."

Just before everything went black, I caught a glimpse of Jason walking away, leaving me behind to wallow in my grief.

I woke up covered in a layer of sweat. Breath in, breath out. It’s okay, Amy. It was just a horrible dream. A nightmare. It’s alright, it wasn’t real.

But it will be. I know that Matt will tell Jason what I’ve done. And really, I deserve all I get. I’ve been a terrible person and an even worse person. I should burn in the fiery pits of hell for what I’ve done. Okay, maybe that was a bit extreme, but I should be punished. Badly.

I got up and took a shower, after which I felt a little better. Until I walked into the kitchen to see my brother hunched over laughing. My first reaction was he’s just heard something that was hilariously funny, but then I had another thought.

Matt. Maybe he really did love me as much as he said he does. I mean, that would explain his hurt expression, wouldn’t it? Maybe he wanted to hurt me. Badly. Maybe, telling Jason (who would never tell anyone other than his closest friends) wasn’t enough. Maybe he wants everyone to know what I’ve done so I’ll never get a date again. Maybe he wants to hurt me really badly. Telling my brother would humiliate me, yeah, but it would also mean that everyone in the school would find out within a day. Oh dear. This is not good.

“W-What’s so funny Mike?” I asked him nervously. Mike looked up at me. He was gripping the bench for support.

“He… thought… he… could… win…” Mike said in-between gasps of laughter. I breathed a sigh of relief. So Matt didn’t tell him. Okay, I was probably just being paranoid.

“Hey, um Mike?” I asked my little brother.

“Yeah?” he replied after he had got his breath back.

“What were you just laughing about?” I asked him. Hey, I had to be sure.

“Oh, it’s ‘just sport stuff’,” he said, mocking me. “You wouldn’t understand.” Usually, I’d tell him to knock it off, but I was to relieved to worry about it. At least my brother didn’t know anything. That would be bad.

When I got to school Claudia was waiting for me at my locker.

“So have you thought about what we talked about last night?” she asked me. She was very carefully not to say exactly what it was that we had talked about.

“Um, not really,” I replied. Well, I had. It was all I could think about. But I hadn’t actually done anything about it. I had just worried.

“Well, you’re going to have to do something before you-know-who find out about you-know-what. It’s serious Amy!” I sighed, grabbing the books I needed and closing my locker.

“I know.” I told her. But what was I supposed to do? I mean, I obviously didn’t want to break up with Jason, but for some reason, I didn’t want to stop making out and kissing Sean. And it scared the hell out of me. Matt… well, Mat was just being annoying.

We flew through first and second period that I hardly had a chance to do any actual work (not that I’d be able to anyway. I was way to stressed to concentrate). As I was walking back from my locker with Claudia, who should block my way but Matt, and let me tell you, he did not look happy.

“Hello Amy” he said. Claudia took the hint in his voice.

“Um, I’ll be in the ladies if you need me Amy” she says, taking out her lip-gloss to make it look like she had something to do in there. I gave her a sarcastic look as she disappeared, leaving me alone with Matt.

“Let’s walk,” he told me. I took a deep breath and followed him.

“So, uh… What did you want to talk about?” I asked Matt, although I already knew the answer. He smiled, but it wasn’t a warm smile. It was dark and empty.

“I think you know what,” he told me. I felt my stomach fold into nervous knots. I know that he knows, but what was he going to do about it?

“Um, no?” I asked him, trying to get him to tell me exactly what he thought about it. He stopped dead in his tracks and spun me around to face him.

“How could you do this to me Amy? I love you.” I snorted. I didn’t mean to be rude, but honestly. He was getting on my nerves. Couldn’t he take a hint?

“But I don’t love you. I wish I could be nicer about it Matt, I really do, but that’s the truth. I’m sorry if what happened between us mislead you or something, but… I’m just sorry.” I told him. He didn’t look hurt. He looked annoyed.

“But how could you kiss him Amy? If not me, than how could you do that to your boyfriend? To Jason?” I suddenly turned on him. I was so fed up of him trying to be with me and question me on every single move I made (granted, I was questioning myself, but that didn’t mean Matt had to). It had to stop now.

“Oh, so it’s okay for me to cheat on Jason with you, but not with someone else, if that correct?” I asked him, angrily. He looked surprised.

“No. That’s not what I… I didn’t mean…” he trailed off.

“Look Matt, you can be my friend or not, but that’s all we’ll ever be. I just don’t see you that way. I’m sorry. Last week was just… well… I don’t really know what that was but it’s over, really. I’m sorry.” He looked disappointed

“And what do you want me to do with little bit of information I have acquired?” he asked me. That was a good question. I didn’t want to tell him to not tell Jason, because then he might go right ahead and tell him anyway, because he would know that that’s not what I want, but I didn’t want him to think I didn’t care…

“That’s really up to you.” I told him, just before the bell rang and I ran off to my next class.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go! You're probably going to kill me know for that spoiler I gave you the other day... hehehe. Sorry! I know I'm evil!

Hope you enjoyed it!

We're all looking for someone to take away the pain

#15 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

That spoiler ... was... evilllll

Like that stupid dog.

**mutters about dogs biting me**

Grr...

Yeah, a dog bit me and I cant type properly because im shakeing.

Byeeeee

~Jamie xx
Love Love Kiss Kiss Blah Blah Blah

#16 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:23 AM

I meant the spolier was evil because we didnt know the context that it would actually be used in in the update...

Didnt realllly make that clear. Lovededed the updatie...

#17 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:28 AM

I know. I'm sorry. I just had to. Hehehe.

A DOG BIT YOU??? Oh my god Jamie!!! Are you okay???? Stupid, stupid, stupid dog!!!

Why are you shaking? Deep breaths Jamie, deep breaths!

You're so content it hurts me

#18 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:45 AM

Shaking from shock.

I was walking along through the bush and this ten year old with a big dog came past. I step aside to let them through and WHAM the dog lunged at me and bit my arm. I have two purple (well they were purple before they started bleeding) dots and a couple of scrapes from the teeth. The owner started apologising and pulling the dog off. I was just thinking "GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME" I think the boy was as scared as me.

Luckily I was meters from home.

We had to ring up the doctors but they said if i'd had my tetnas a couple of years ago I should be fine.

Just gotta watch it to make sure it doesnt go red around it. Im trying to get the day of school tomorrow seen as its the last day and we wont do much...

~Jamie
I should really put some music on...

#19 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:48 AM

Ew. That sounds terrible. I would hate for that to happen to me. I hate dogs!! Owners should really look after them better. Keep them off the general public walking by...

We got one more night

#20 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:56 AM

I loved the update Melissa!

“Um, I’ll be in the ladies if you need me Amy” she says [I think that should be "said", taking out her lip-gloss to make it look like she had something to do in there. I gave her a sarcastic look as she disappeared, leaving me alone with Matt.

Okay, one guy down. Matt, bye-bye. Pshh, EVIL cliffy, I wonder if he's going to tell...
AHHHHHH. Well, she did feel electric with Sean...
>_<

Are you better now Jamie? *wince* Bad DOG!!! Maybe you smell extremely appetizing (sp?)

-Amy

#21 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

Teeheehee.

Maybe I do. Does that mean I have to avoid vampires?

Im listening 28000 friends.

Good song. I'm going to need to get the album...

Im okay now.

I wish I wasnt so I could sing Im not o Fu.cking kay! You wear my out.

~Jamie xx
Can't you try to find some space for me in your life?

#22 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:01 AM

:lol: Yup, avoid vampires.
And yeah, I like that song. Well, I like his voice better than the song..

-Amy

#23 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

...:o
Will he tell? Eh, I don't know. >_<

“Oh dear,” she whispered

Update soon-ish.
-Helen.
Someday soon this will all be someone elses dream

#24 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

:lol: Yup, avoid vampires.
And yeah, I like that song. Well, I like his voice better than the song..

-Amy

What about Jasper? I like him :(

I agree about the voice better then the song. But Its a wicked song!!

Phwoooooooooooar!!

How old is he? He looks hell young...

~Jamie xx
My music is too quiet so I cant understand the lyrics...

#25 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

Eoghan?
He's 16. 17 in...June? Or July.
No, I don't stalk him....*shifty eyes*
I've heard him live tooooo *squeals*
-Helen.
You and your 28,000 friends

#26 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:13 AM

DAMN YOU!!!!!

So hot...

He cannot be 16?? He looks like my age... (13)

Well, I guess he is...

And its okay to stalk people. If you don't reallllllly stalk them (like stand infront of their house...)

How on Earth (Or Pluto) do you say his name though?

I get confuzzld...

#27 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

It's pronounced Owen.
Oh the Irish, I freaking love the Irish.
*sigh*
I never had enough time to think about who was singing on the stage. And the people in front, next to me, and behind me thought my friends and I were insane as we were screaming so much. It was pretty insane. And embarrassing remembering it. :P
-Helen.
Look me in the eyes and tell me that you love me.

#28 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Eoghan looks... short.
Is he short Helen?

Screamings funnnnnnnn!

And Jamie, maybe Jasper can be an exception. Though Alice will stalk you for it.

-Amy

#29 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Never thought of thta...

Alice is nice. I wanna be friends with Alice. Maybe she'll let me share him...

Not Edward. **Dont kill me all you Edward fans**

The rest is okay.

I just read the ollllllld NIBAW (well from yesterday. SO old) and read the English Muffin thing.

YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT ENGLISH MUFFINS ARE??

I lovvvvvve them.

Especially as mini pizzas or bacon & egg Muffins.

Jamie
Theres no aphrodisiac like loneliness

So weird. Wait, I was supposed to be working on an update wasn't I...

#30 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:25 AM

I think he's around my height. *smile widens*
I'm 5 foot 4. I think he might be a tad taller than me.
Because he's just a tad taller than Diana. And she was pretty short on stage. Seriously she was like a pixie.
-Helen.
And if there's somebody calling me on

#31 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

Yah, Alice is super cool!

•Ooh, Diana was kinda short. Pixie...hahaa.

-Amy

#32 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

Will Matt tell?

Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

I have no idea about this Eoghan guy of which you speak, but I guess I will have to go find out now.

S'okay Jamie. I will not kill you. Hehehe. I can have Edward all to myself then!

lol, English Muffins. I don't like them. I LOVE CHOCOLATE HOT CROSS BUNS!!!! I swear, I'm going to have to get dad to buy them for me all year round, I love them that much :)

Even if you're not there

#33 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

:D Muffins...

Update soon Melissa!!

-Amy

#34 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

I hate any Hot Cross Buns except normal.

Soooooo good.

This is quite a weird conversation...

~Jamie
I've done it before and I'll do it again

I have no idea what it is. Wait, i think it is... wait that makes no sense... I dunno...

#35 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hehehe. I can have Edward all to myself then!

*cough* HEEELLLOOO?
Melissa, can I, erm. *whispers* share him? :P
-Helen.
Do you want to go and see a movie?

#36 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

:D I wonder if someone betrays you two and calls on Bella.

-Amy

#37 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

^^lol, Well........ Okay. But you should feel very special. I only share Edward with my closest friends!!

Jamie- Ew. I don't like the normal ones, lol. Sultanas.... *shudders*

Yes, this is a werid conversation and it's 11:42 pm and I have to get up at 8:00 tomorrow morning (my dad is dragging me to a guitar factory <_< ) but who cares!

Faces of lonely daughters and mother who care

#38 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

Guitar factory?! COOL.
Never heard of one before today though...I suppose they make guitars...right?

-Amy

#39 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:46 AM

Guitars! *squeals*
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Haha. Sorry.
-Helen.
I told you with a smile it's all about you.

#40 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:50 AM

Yes. I'm sure it will be interesting and everything (even though I play the fulte...) but seriously. 8:00 AM????? ON A HOLIDAY??? Ugh.

But I will see you someday

#41 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I'm up at 7:30 AM on the holidays.
I don't like to waste time. :lol:
-Helen.
Another summer day has come and gone away.

#42 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

My brother has the most awesomest guitar ever. I wish I could play guitar like him. Or Frank Iero.

Oh no, with my two latest obsessiong I haven't been thinking abour Frankie enough... (Im sorry Frankie)

~Jamie
You and you 28000 friends.

Im soooo not a stalker....

#43 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

lol. My dad has three acoustic guitars and one electric. I think. Something like that. He's been playing for thirty-five years, lol.

I <3 Martin!!

Look out across the water

#44 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

Haha, it's just the way you said [typed, whatever]: Im soooo not a stalker....
That makes me laugh.

-Amy

#45 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

Playing for 35 years!? Whoaa, he MUST BE AWESOME.

-Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users