• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 spell_balognax3

spell_balognax3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

What is your favorite genre to write? Romance, drama/angst, action, horror?

#2 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

Romance. I don't know why. I love to read it, so I guess that's why I like to write it too. Also, you can make it as clique as you like, or not at all. There are lots of various ways to do it, so I guess Romance with a little bit of Drama is perfect for me.

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

#3 StrawberryPrincess

StrawberryPrincess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

I love writing historical fiction, drama and supernatural stories. And, of course, there´s always romance. :lol:

Love,

Kati :cat:

#4 w/peaches

w/peaches

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

I've never actually written romance, but I think I want to give it a try. Of course, if I did it would just be for fun, something I would never show anyone else!

I used to hate fantasy and thought realistic fiction was the only way to go. But then I realized that realistic fiction can actually be kind of boring to write, and now I write mostly fantasy! It's just so fun to make all that stuff up - you get to invent whole new worlds and creatures with fantasy, and basically be really creative, and that's why I love it.

~A~ :user:

#5 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

Well, I love supernatural stuff, and I've recently gotten really into mystery, which my WIP is. So those are my favorites. I usually put a bit of romance in, too, but it's not the center of the story anymore.

Emily :icon_flower:

#6 PastQuerida

PastQuerida

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

I love writting fantasy but at the moment I'm writting fantasy/romance at the end =)

<3 Roxyy

#7 thehealthyalternative

thehealthyalternative

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

Romance ftw <3

Pet/ra

#8 nomi

nomi

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

I love humor. I love making people laugh. That is sure to be in all my stories. Other than that, I always add in a bit of romance and drama but I like fantasy, sci-fi, realistic, mystery, everything!

#9 spell_balognax3

spell_balognax3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

I love writing Drama/Angst.

I've never written romance, but I do want to try my hand at it someday. I have some story ideas that center around romance. And I have plenty of movies I can watch to gain some knowledge. (i.e. Pride and Prejudice.)

The only thing I couldn't see myself writing is science fic. Or a murder/mystery novel. I write what I like to read - I'm sure everyone does - and I love TONS of realistic fic books with drama and romance. The only fantasy books I've read that are on my bookshelf are Harry Potter, Twilight, and Maximum Ride. And all of them are basically RF with supernatural elements (i.e. witchcraft, vampires, kids with wings.)

I don't think I've ever read a science fic that I liked. Or a murder/mystery.

- Shakey

#10 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

Romance/ action/ drama/ adventure! I like t mix it in a little! I do have a supernatural book on hold, but there is no romance what so ever.

~Nattie~ Author of The Sound of the Heart. (And the future Mrs. Black ;) )

#11 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

I LOVE writing Romance! Usually, I write dramatic love stories with some sadness sometimes. I know it's pathetic, but I love it!

Ruby

#12 BlackBerry321

BlackBerry321

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

Oh gosh. I write so many things. But mostly it's some sort of urban-fantasy with little bits of romance, drama and angst thrown in to make it spicier. I absolutely cannot write sci-fi, mystery, thriller and 100% romance stories even if my life depended on it. But I LOVELOVELOVE writing about the everyday life of a teenager. It would have to be my 2nd favourite (after fantasy) because my writing voice/style is just perfect for crazy, weird and random first-person POV. Supernatural is also great... and come to think of it, drama is not bad too. But mostly urban/classic fantasy.

Peace out,
Penny

#13 elusive_logic

elusive_logic

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Pretty much everything I write is YA and has at least some elements of romance, but within that, I do some of everything. Right now, I'm planning/writing a sort of angsty realistic fiction mystery, doing some planning on an epic fantasy I'm hoping to write after I've finished the other story, and editing my NaNo, which is a paranormal comedy. So I'm pretty all of the place.

I also love urban fantasy, sci-fi, thriller, supernatural...Pretty much everything :P.

Kaye

#14 suze-allie

suze-allie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

What is your favorite genre to write? Romance, drama/angst, action, horror?

I would say mistery combined with romance combined with fiction.

:heartbeat: Laura Allie {José's girl} :heartbeat:

#15 Alexthebride

Alexthebride

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

Romance and urban fantasy and fantasy pretty much play in my head like film all day! I love these generes the most.

#16 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

ROMANCE ROMANCE ROMANCE!

I love writing romantic tragedies though. I will never ever read one, but lately I've found myself wanting to write about the main interest dead. :D I refuse to read a tragedy though. I'm kind of a hypocrite lol I'll actually read the end of a book before I read the beginning. As long as it has some cheesy line at the end like "And forever they walked in the sunset together, holding hands and knowing they'd remain locked away in each other's hearts forever", I'm good. Otherwise I'll slam the book down and throw it down the garbage chute. Unless it's a library book. Then I'll gently, but angrily, set it down on my desk and quickly turn away from it in a huff.

But yeah, ROMANCE.

I used to be into writing "supernatural" a LOT. Now it's just cheesy for me. Although you never know. I might pick it up again.

Heh

I like to keep my horizons broad though. :D Whatever that means.

#17 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

I love writing mysteries, but usually when I do there ends up being a lot of romance too!

I've tried writing normal romance stories, and unless there's some kind of mystery or something getting in the way of the main characters' happiness, I just lose interest. I love reading romance novels, but a lot of times I get bored trying to write them. Even when I'm really interested in the plot I'm writing I tend to get bored, so I have to try not to do anything too cliche or the story won't have a chance. And I'm also a sucker for happy endings. I hate finishing a book where everyone dies (like Romeo and Juliet. It was so great until everybody killed themselves...)

I also like writing in the future, so I don't have to deal with all the pop culture references and I can make up anything I want for the setting's history. The novel I'm writing now is set in 2476, and it's so much easier when I can do anything I want with the setting or the history as long as I can explain it logically.

#18 PurpleBelly.

PurpleBelly.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

I like writing romances, the most. But of course, I love writing with the element of humor as well, most of my stories wouldn't work well if there weren't any laughable parts.

But then again 'My Web of Lies' isn't really one to talk. That's like one of the dullest stories I've ever written, it's so depressing.

Mimsie. :grin:

#19 themorninglight

themorninglight

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

romance definatly. I agree with melissa, romance is the funniest to read. I am a complete book nerd. Im always reading a book or twilight fanfiction (My family makes fun of it though they dont know i write it too) or eriting of the two so my polots always have romance. Their is always something you can add to romance. Loving but not being loved back. Love triangle. Forrbiden fruit. So many possibilites. I pretty much write like stephenie meyer (My idol). Different characters plot and settings. Same writing technique.

#20 amelidog

amelidog

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

I love to write and read historical fiction with some romance in it. I always peek at the back of books to see if a guy at the beginning ends up with the main character at the end. :) Meg Cabot, Sarah Dessen, and Ann Rinaldi are my favorite authors.

-Hailey

#21 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

I like writing a whole lot of different things, the only thing that I haven't tried to write yet is historical fiction. But I really like supernatural and fantasy!!!
-Kayli ;p

#22 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

Humour.

#23 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

I really love all types of genres. Fantasy, supernatural, realistic fiction.....and I really like historical fiction a lot ( but no story is incomplete without a little sideline romance :P ) . Its so cool to know when your reading an amazing book and on top of it all of what you just read was real.

In total though, I like books with many things in it you know. Everything wrapped up into one. Books that make you laugh, cry, excited, angry,
shocked, or make you jump up from your seat and giggle in joy.

I like books with many elements in it, not just one.

#24 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

I really love all types of genres. Fantasy, supernatural, realistic fiction.....and I really like historical fiction a lot ( but no story is incomplete without a little sideline romance :P ) . Its so cool to know when your reading an amazing book and on top of it all of what you just read was real.

In total though, I like books with many things in it you know. Everything wrapped up into one. Books that make you laugh, cry, excited, angry,
shocked, or make you jump up from your seat and giggle in joy.

I like books with many elements in it, not just one.

-Nikki :icon_sunny:

#25 kiya12309

kiya12309

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

I like sort of like... coming of age stories.. I guess. Or someone who is in a new place and has to make all new friends.

#26 StrawberryPrincess

StrawberryPrincess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

Lately I´m only writing kind of dark Fantasy stuff, sometimes historical, very serious but always with romance and sarcastic main characters. ;)

Love,

Kati

#27 size 12 is not fat

size 12 is not fat

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

I like writing loads of kinda stuff/genre. I'm experimenting! Drama, funny, mystery, fantasy, paranormal, romance.

Oce :heartbeat:

#28 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

I like...romance, comedy, mystery, paranormal and drama. :P

Phoebe

#29 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:07 AM

romantic comedies, mysteries, fantasy. But not horror. I can't do horror.

Rivea :icon_flower:

#30 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

oh, and..

I'm kind of a hypocrite lol I'll actually read the end of a book before I read the beginning. As long as it has some cheesy line at the end like "And forever they walked in the sunset together, holding hands and knowing they'd remain locked away in each other's hearts forever", I'm good. Otherwise I'll slam the book down and throw it down the garbage chute. Unless it's a library book. Then I'll gently, but angrily, set it down on my desk and quickly turn away from it in a huff.

I do the exact same thing! thank God there's someone like me. I used to feel I was so weird doing that....and my freinds used to look at me as if I was demented.

#31 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

^^^Or....it could be because BOTH of you are demented! Just kidding! Though I don't do the look at the end thing. I'm surprised I haven't though. I hate the anticipation, but I guess I just wait because I know that the book will be kind of disappointing without the it.

-Kayli :P

#32 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

^^^Or....it could be because BOTH of you are demented! Just kidding! Though I don't do the look at the end thing. I'm surprised I haven't though. I hate the anticipation, but I guess I just wait because I know that the book will be kind of disappointing without the it.

-Kayli :P

haha...can't say for Julia but I certainly am! Well, it doens't spoil the end for me because I've perfected the art of looking at the end and figuring out whether it's a happy ending or not without reading the suspense. It takes a certain amount of experience, I admit. I ruined many a good book because of that. But now it's all good.

#33 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:36 AM

Angst.

#34 wishIwasthem

wishIwasthem

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

I haven't really decided yet.

But I like writing fanfiction.
So much easeir, the characters are all ready developed, and you can put it on the interent and know that no one could really copy it and make some thing out of it.

I probaly would like writing romance 0r teenage fiction or chicklit more than anything else.
But I'm varied.
(And chicklit is a genre, despite what any one says about it!)

Edward and Bella 4-ever.

#35 CarolBCanadense

CarolBCanadense

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

I'm writing a fiction book with my friend Jack, but i prefer to write romances.

#36 CarolBCanadense

CarolBCanadense

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

i hate twilight! and i also hate stephanie...twilight is very mellow! Yuck!

#37 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

Romance and realistic fiction. Not the kind of romance that's in 'Ransom my heart' or whatever, but the more current romance.

#38 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Romance...hehe. But it can't be serious like "oh, I just can't live without you!" It has to be a little funny too. Dramatic at parts probably.

Had a few attempts at supernatural. I like it but I'm not as good at it :P

#39 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

I like romance, i always have. Its funny, like in second grade, when everyone went "EWWWWW" when there was a couple kissing in a movie, it didn't bother me. I started reading Meg Cabot when i was like early 11 because i loved romance so much! haha

But its kinda hard to write sometimes, like i always think that its not gonna seem like two people are in love or something. Oh well, i love it anyway!

-Nikki

#40 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

I have many favorite genres. What can I say? Its hard to pick! All genres appeal to me in there own way.

Honestly, I like stories with everything in them. Stories where theres a bit of every genre thrown into the mix. Personally, I prefer writing fantasy and romantic-fiction though. Or at least thats what I find myself writing and reading most of the time.

I like a bit of non-fiction if its interesting and realistic fiction if its also an attention grabber. The realistic fiction can't be all depressing and boring though, it has to be happy and have meaning to it. Mostly realistic fiction pulls me in when I can relate to it or it has a lot of humor. Non fiction because I like to learn more about things, especially historical and scientific non fiction. Those can be really fascinating sometimes. Otherwise, those two would have to be my LEAST favorite though.

I also kinda like mysteries. Horror stories though, I don't think I've ever even read one of those...Haha. I might have to try one out. :unsure:

But ultimately, down the road, I see myself creating a story that involves a team or group of supernatural heros and heroines. Thats sort of my thing If you've ever met me. ^_^ I'm a huge fan of the supernatural.

All genres are fantastic. ;)

-MEG

#41 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

Romance because I find it easiest. :)

#42 Cockatoo

Cockatoo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

HORROR!!!!

I love to write gory, blood-soaked, suspenseful, cringe-worthy macabre stories that keep you up all night.

Also a disastrous, tragic love story is always being planned in my head.

AANND... Anything to make someone else burst into tears. Nothin' a good ol' tear-jerker.

Hehe :D

Amelia

#43 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Definitely dystopian. (With a hint of romance, of course. :D)

-PRetty.Odd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users