Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

God and my literature teacher

#47 megandmiasno1fan

megandmiasno1fan

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

I used to absoloutley reading so much! then one christmas my godmother got me a bookset. It was 8 of the princess diary books and ever since i've been obsessed with reading(mostly meg cabot.)

#48 XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx

XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:43 AM

My brain thanks brain

XPenX

#49 PurpleBelly.

PurpleBelly.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Books. I'd read books and I then I'd be like 'I wish I could write stuff like that'. I think my first inspiration was a Fan Fiction on one of my favourite books because I wanted the story to carry on and there were no sequels, so I wrote it myself. ^_^. I definitely think, if it wasn't for MCMB, my writing wouldn't be half as good as it is today (not saying my writing can't be improved now). Some of the writers on here helped my own writing mature and become better.

Mimsie.

#50 thehealthyalternative

thehealthyalternative

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, everyone on MCMB helps a lot too. They especially keep me going with the stories I put on here, because if I don't write an update, I feel really bad so I go and write one. xD

Pet/ra

#51 CharliePantsxxx

CharliePantsxxx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:00 AM

^ Yeah, all the MCMB dudettes. The only reason my stories are still goin' on is because of you guys (well, maybe not you guys), so thanks! -hug!-

xox
char

#52 XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx

XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:03 AM

^ Yeah, all the MCMB dudettes. The only reason my stories are still goin' on is because of you guys (well, maybe not you guys), so thanks! -hug!-

xox
char

Same! Thank you all! But really my brain, thanks brain.
XPenny PringleX

#53 kiya12309

kiya12309

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:59 AM

Just random questions and scenarios that I find interesting and wish had a solution.

#54 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

Meg obviously! :D

Phoebe

#55 Toxic_Energy

Toxic_Energy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

Harper Lee, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Mandy Hubbard, and some movies and books all inspire me to write. I write of my own accord, of course, but they do inspire me to write.

#56 Airy Fairy

Airy Fairy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

The person who inspired me to write was my 7th Grade Writing Teacher. She would always come up with the coolest writing prompts and projects. I loved it so much that I wanted to write all the time.

:heartbeat: Airy

#57 MusicLover11

MusicLover11

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

There are so many people that I can hardly name them all... but mostly my mum. I'd just read a book by Isobelle Carmody, and she was reading the front when she turned to me and said this:
Mum: Hey Sarah, she wrote this book when she was in high school. And look, now she's really successful.
Me: Yeah...
Mum: You should write a book, Sarah.
Me: *laughs nervously* I'm not that good, Mum.
Mum: Yes you are. You should write one.
Thanks Mum. That was the push that I needed to start.
Sarah x

#58 awkwardchica

awkwardchica

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

People inspire me to write. Particularly my relationships with people. The only novel I have ever finished was based off of a very personal experience I had. I have a hard time committing to a story that I'm not passionate about, and unless I am emotionally connected to it, I don't care to finish it.

#59 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hmm, I first read R.L.Stine's books when I was nine. And after reading those, I wanted to write horror myself. So I guess R.L.Stine inspired me. LOL.

But when I got into my teens, I found awesome Meg Cabot and now she inspires me ALOT to write. 

Luv, Zoe ^_^

#60 wishIwasthem

wishIwasthem

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

I guesse, for me, it all came down to Meg Cabot.
I discovered my equal favourite first author Meg Cabot. )And ruined my social life raving about her and her books.) :)
And then I posted my first completed proper story on here.
And I've been writing a lot more ever since.
If it wasn't for Meg Cabot, I wouldn't have fould these message boards (Proably) and I wouldn't have been inspired by all these wonderful people to wright a story.
So Meg Cabot, I thankyou.

That was kind of... Okay I'm going now.

Edward and Bella 4-ever.

#61 purplepigs4life

purplepigs4life

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

My 5th grade teacher :)

Nobody had ever told me that I was a good writer I just kind of found it easy to write papers and speeches.
Then she kept commenting on my papers and telling me to give the other kids advice and stuff. And i guess since i read A LOT i guess i knew how to write well for my age. I started writing more and realized that I loved it!

Yeah she's still my favorite teacher, haha

#62 FuzzySocks-ForeverRunning

FuzzySocks-ForeverRunning

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

I only started writing not too long ago, actually. It all started when I found other forums (Erin Hunter's Warriors) and read some FanFics there, and I'm like, Hey, maybe I want to write one, too. So then I started writing a Warriors FanFic, and I'm still writing it. I've done some poetry since then, too. One day when I was just sitting there, on the floor of the family room, it came to me. A plot, characters, and even a title for a story. So I eventually sat down and began writing it (yes, it's still in progress). So you could say who inspired me to write was Erin Hunter, Stephenie Meyer ('cause she wrote such awesome books, and I love them), Meg Cabot (in a way. She's awesome; that's why I'm on this board!), and possible Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games). Yeah, I've had lots of inspiration. But they're such good authors, and I look to them as leading examples when I write. If one part's not good enough, I'll look to one of their books, read some, then go and edit my own work to make it better. Truly inspiring.

~Peace and Fuzzy Socks~

#63 Princess Sohl

Princess Sohl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

After I read piles of books by Meg Cabot, Stephenie Meyer, Nicholas Sparks, Kristin Cashore (Graceling), Robert Goldman(Princess Bride), fanfiction for days, and watched, hour long epidodes of Lost, Buffy, CSI, Ghost Whisperer, and Supernatural I had something spewing out of my ears. :icon_eek: Haha I must be crazy :icon_lol: yeah overload boredom doe that to you..

Sohl

#64 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

Anyone I've ever met. I'm serious.

I meet random people, and they say something that sparks an idea for a story and makes me want to write. But in the end, the main person is probably my dad.

He's not like afraid to do anything and he has so many different hobbies (photography, music, recording, gardening, golfing, ect.) and he just is always THERE. And I guess just talking with him makes me want to write almost. He just has so much faith in me it sounds like when he talks to me, that I want to write. Problem is, he doesn't really know I write THAT much....so I feel bad about that.

And of course authors like Meg and Sarad Dessen inspire because of how amazing their stories are.

Plus everyone on the website (yes I'm talking to YOU!) because I know I'm not the only one who wants to write....

Luv
Jamie

#65 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

My bestfriend. It was Chrimastime two years ago and she gave me a notebook and was like "yay journal". And she snatched it out of my hand and she was like.

NO! It is a book for fiction you moron! You call yourself a writer but you never write,

Then I started to write and sent my first (crappy) novel to her the second I was finished.

#66 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

i think i had always wanted to write, but after reading Meg's books and learning ABOUT her, it made me actually START writing.
so Meg.

#67 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

I inspire myself to write.
I have wanted to become a published author since Grade 3 when my teacher read a story I wrote to the entire class because she thought it was so good. I loved the feeling of being praised for my writing. To be praised for something that Lucy Maud Montgomery or Frank L. Baum did so beautifully was an amazing feeling, and I didn't want it to stop.

#68 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

^Ah same. :)

I inspire myself. Although I might be wayyyy too hard on myself, I still can't be prouder. Hardly anyone at my school likes to write in their free time, I feel special to have realized my passion so early on in my life.

Yet, if it wasn't for my parents, I don't think I would have ever realized my dream. They support everything I do 100% and its because of them that I've had the freedom to do what I do best. Write.

:)

-MEG

#69 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

I guess two years ago I would've said Linkin Park, and now I would say it's all the people involved in the TV I watch. I want to write something as brilliant as BBC Sherlock or Veronica Mars or the fifth season of Supernatural. I want to write something that affects people like that stuff has affected me.

Otherwise, though, my big writing inspiration is Stephen King. I've learned quite a bit about writing from that man.

xoxoArtemis

#70 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Enid Blytons book and winning a writing competition inspired me to write. Music inspires my writing. The novel I am trying to write was inspired by my favourite album ( Man Alive - Everything Everything) as well as many other things.

Millie May

#71 VABarnes

VABarnes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Robin Hobb!

That author saved my life with her words! The Fitz and Fool books helped me make it through some of the darkest times I have ever had (the majority of them being in school)

After that I decided that if I could give even one teenager the level of escapism that I got from Robin then I've done a good job.

I guess that's my inspiration, Mrs Hobb and anyone who reads my work :)

#72 VABarnes

VABarnes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

http://www.wordpool.co.uk/ap/corey.htm

I really want to share this with you too. It's an interview with an author Peter Corey.

I thought it would be important to mention him as an example for anyone like me who suffers from dyslexia, dysgraphia or any other sort of impediment that you feel hinders your writing.

He came into my primary school when I was younger and gave a talk. I remember being totally captivated by him and what he had to say, even though I had no reall interest in writing at that age.

What he said about his spelling and contending with it during his younger live was so well presented I associated with it so much and he had a humor that mad me feel like it wasn't such a big deal.

But I'm rambling now.

I just wanted to show him as an example that all things can be beaten if you have the mind to do it.

Final parting words a quote from Peter (if any of you have stuck with this post long enough I think you will find this one a gem)

What advice would you offer anyone who wants to write?
Do it. Read a lot - that improves your writing technique because it helps you appreciate what is good and why. Don't be put off by publishers turning you down - they aren't always right. Many publishers tend to follow trends rather than create them, and that can be very frustrating.

Hope that's helped someone in someway x

X Vicky X

#73 allhailtheale

allhailtheale

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

For me it was a mixture of authors that I liked and hated. Authors that inspired me were Edgar Allen Poe, F Scott Fitzgerald, Kristin Cashier, Meg Cabot, Holly Black, Cassandra Clare and Yana Toboso and many others l. I won't name those that I didn't like because there are a lot but those basically inspired me to NOT write the way that they do especially the ones that have a good plot with a lot of potential but is mostly garbage

#74 dbcWinter

dbcWinter

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

I've been writing my whole life - I don't think it was an event that made me start writing - it was just a natural thing for me.

But certain authors definitely did have an influence on me - I remember reading Enid Blyton a lot when I was a kid. I wanted to write mysteries just like she did. Then Agatha Christie came - she was my role model for a long time (though now I mostly admire her murder plots and characters - not a big fan of her writing style). Then came Michael Connolly - and his eye for details.

And Meg Cabot, of course. I was totally inspired to start writing in diary-form after I read PD and in first person. I continued writing that way for a few years, then eventually abandoned the diary style.

Nowadays I mainly love Jeff Lindsay (author of Dexter) - I LOVE his unique writing style and I can just hope that I will one day be a master of language that could compare to him!

I think famous authors can certainly be a good influence. They kind of show you how to organize a story, develop characters, how to basically tell a story. At the beginning you follow their example and eventually I guess you just start doing your own thing - and to do that I guess you just need to read as much as you can and also to develop as a person. As you get older, I think you just gain different perspectives and experiences. Plus, I think you know yourself way better and realize what you want to write about and what kind of a writer you want to be.

What inspires you then? Things you see, hear about, experience - falling in love, heart break, people around you. Sometimes strangers on the street because they walk a certain way or have a haircut you have never seen before. Nature, I think nature can inspire powerful passages, especially those pertaining to emotions and the circle of life. Great art, honestly, true emotions artists put in their work, all these things make you go "I wanna do that too". I think everything can be an inspiration if you can see what it can represent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users