73 replies to this topic

#1 SnoopyJinx

SnoopyJinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

Hay

What I want to know is who has inspired you to write stories?

[SnoopyJinx] = I would say Cathy Hopkins.... for those who do not know her she's English and lives in North London, and the best thing is that I'VE MET HER IN REAL LIFE, SHE VISITED MY SCHOOL!! ON MARCH 28TH!! I WAS SOO EXCITED!! :D IM GOING OFF TOPIC. Well for those who don't know her, she's written the Mates, Dates series, she rocks!! && OBVIOUSLY, MEG CABOT HAS INSPIRED ME TO...

HOW ABOUT YOU??

(>*_*)> SnoopyJinx <(*_*<)

#2 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

No one. I just sort of... tried it one day after coming on here and ever since I loved it. I guess you could say that if I'd never signed up for mcmb on that hot summer day where I was bored as hell, I would probably never have written so much as a word outside of school papers and stuff. xDD

#3 Africa15

Africa15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

One of the big ones for me is Anthony Horowitz :icon_study:

#4 rockbuffy91

rockbuffy91

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

:mgwave: mostly meg cabot, and Steve king

#5 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

Uh, I'm more with Julia. It was like a little kid's "Let's write a STORY!!!!!!!!" complete with tacky excess of exclamation points. And then I never really stopped.

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

#6 Africa15

Africa15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:44 PM

oh and meg cabot

#7 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

Honestly? My imagination.

I guess as a little kid I had all of the makings of becoming a writer... I adored books, I wrote cute stories in elementary school, etc.

I had been coming on here for a while when an idea just popped into my head, and I had to write it.

And, like Gracey, I just never stopped.

So really, nobody but myself inspired me to write. It wasn't like I just woke up one day and said, "I'm going to try my hand at writing a novel!"

Emily :icon_flower:

Save the bees, save the world!

#8 Africa15

Africa15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

Wow not me. I was not good at reading and I didn't like to write. But I was kinda like a boom for me and now i am transformed into a writer.

#9 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

No one. I just sort of... tried it one day after coming on here and ever since I loved it. I guess you could say that if I'd never signed up for mcmb on that hot summer day where I was bored as hell, I would probably never have written so much as a word outside of school papers and stuff. xDD

That's what happened to me. I came here. Lol.

I did have an interest in writing before I came here, just not as great of one. It sort of... grew once I started coming here and writing things...

I wouldn't really say that I've been inspired by any one person, really. It was more something I wanted to do for myself--to see if I could do it. And I have been writing ever since, pretty much.

Kat

#10 Soccer_Fanatic

Soccer_Fanatic

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

Agree. If I hadn't moved to Seattle and been isolated from my friends, I wouldn't have used the internet and subsequently join out of boredom. Before that, I used to like to write, but MCBC just intensified it, and I got actual feedback and learnt how to express a person's emotions more completely. I like to write stories, because it's a way to step outside of myself and think about people in a more complete way; now, I can't help but to look at people from a writer's perspective. I feel I always have to know people down to the very last like I know my characters.

#11 frederique

frederique

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

for me it was Meg Cabot :)

:m: OLIVIA

#12 buffyrules13

buffyrules13

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Meg Cabot, Stehenie Meyer, Jane Austen, and, most of all myself, and my love of reading and the written word.

#13 brown.eyed.goddess

brown.eyed.goddess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

Mostly Meg and my family, who read some of my old stuff and said I had real talent.
Then, I had an offer to get me novel published and: VIOLA!
My new dream began!

#14 FantasyFailure

FantasyFailure

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

The person who inspired ME to write would probably be my 6th grade English teacher. She was really supportive of me and my dreams and I seriously owe her for that!

x-Cassie

#15 Africa15

Africa15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

I changed mine to well anyone i have read

#16 StrawberryPrincess

StrawberryPrincess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:45 AM

No one. I just tried writing one day and I couldn´t stop. :lol:

Love,

:icon_sunny: Kati :icon_sunny:

#17 All American Girl3

All American Girl3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:14 AM

I would say writer Stenphie Meyer and Sarah Dessen and just plain life and not having the kind of life I would want!!

#18 jesseluva

jesseluva

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

Meg Cabot inspired me! I just L-O-V-E her books! I :heartbeat: Mediator books and Jesse de Silva!!!

#19 CharliePantsxxx

CharliePantsxxx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

Um, well I love reading so writing is just the next step! I read everything and I wouldn't say anyone really inspired me, but I often think to myself that my writing is a lot like Karen McCombies, just less suffixes and made up adjectives, but writing is definitely chick lit. (think hot chocolate, boyfriends and shopping! lol)

Char
:m:

#20 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:13 AM

Well, yeah I loved reading and I loved Meg Cabot and
then I realized how much I wanted to write, How much I was good at it compared to others my age
(not to brag, but you should see some of the people in my grade *shudders*) and how much I enjoyed it.

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

#21 spell_balognax3

spell_balognax3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

They didn't exactly inspire me to write, but after I read their books, I'm inspired to write. Sarah Dessen, Stephenie Meyer, J.K. Rowling, James Patterson, ect.

#22 thehealthyalternative

thehealthyalternative

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

Meg Cabot and then my 9th grade English teacher Mrs. Gay Johnson. She was the best ever. =]

And then the fact that writing is very therapeutic for me, if I weren't able to write I literally wouldn't be here right now. =O

<3 Petra.

#23 kristiskye

kristiskye

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

For me it was a way to escape the
pain and betrayl(sp?) of when my
best friends turned their backs on
me when i was going through a
tough time at home.

Kristin-Skye

#24 thehealthyalternative

thehealthyalternative

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

For me it was a way to escape the
pain and betrayl(sp?) of when my
best friends turned their backs on
me when i was going through a
tough time at home.

That's almost the exact same thing as it is/was for me!!! =]

<3 Petra.

#25 suzejesse.<3

suzejesse.<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

Well, it started off, like some people have said, as just a love of writing. Now that I'm writing full time, authors like Stephenie Meyer, Jane Austen, Meg Cabot, really inspire me to continue to write. Plus, of course, my family, friends, especially my best friend J. We both love to write, we edited each other's Nano's after it finished, we constantly edit each other's stories. She's a great support, she gives me compliments as well as critique, which I love. I'm so lucky to have her.

Hayley.<3

#26 bleached_princess

bleached_princess

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Myself, my characters, my imagination. I don't know how or why, but I've been writing since I was five or six and it has just continued on from there. Music inspires me, and sometimes authors do, but no one specific.

Actually, I can track back my first desire to writing with me, watching a Zoom episode, which featured a boy who wrote a comic book about a boy and his best friend, which was a flamingo. And ever since then, I wanted to write, just like that boy, and even though it's no longer comic books ... Pinky and FLAMINGO LAD (I don't remember the character's name) get all the credit for starting this odd little hobby of mine ...

--xoEmmy :mgbubblegum:

#27 SHKD318

SHKD318

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:15 AM

I loved to write when I was little. Actually...I just liked to practice my penmanship. I wrote stories too, but Meg was the first inspire me to like sit down and write full length stories.
Then, I took an extended vacation which left my writing skills flowing down a drain :x But, Stephenie Meyer came in and made me want to write again! =D I haven't sat down and written anything decent still because of the computer being downstairs now.

#28 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

Meg actually. No, wait, well, she IS my #1 favorite auther, then comes Amelia Kosgrov, I think that's her name, she and another writer wrote Bittersweet Sixteen & Summer Intern. But since I was like, 12, I've been thinking about a story line, and eventually put pen to paper (Or should I say fingers to laptop) :blush:

#29 kissmesweet

kissmesweet

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

Honestly, there are so many writers who inspire me. From Meg Cabot and Ann Brashares to J.D. Salinger and F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think that once you... see genuinely good writing, irregardless of genres, you're inspired to write.

There are other things too.

Sometimes, when I'm walking in the streets and I see someone - a stranger, more often that not - and immediately, I'm thinking of their life story. My mind puts them into different situations and I imagine their reactions. After watching a good television series or even good movies, I like to use those elements when I write too.

Anything is inspiration - from real life to fiction, Just try to loosen up and think outside the box, inspiration will come naturally. :)

#30 swimgirl91

swimgirl91

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

:heartbeat: meg cabot, steven king, everbodyy i hate and love. my mom, dad, and friend. that i apare me to write.

#31 Perfect Princess

Perfect Princess

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Mostly, my junior high and high school English teachers. They always challenged me to write more!

One of my collegues at work is also awsome! She is helping me edit my current work of fiction and encourages me weekly!

Finally, all of the authors I've ever read have inspired me, whether good or bad (you know who you are, Nathaniel Hawthorne). I've always LOVED reading and thought that one day, I would like to be able to publish a book (or twenty, or fifty, I'm not picky).

#32 tatochip

tatochip

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:25 AM

My mother always inspired me to write and now that she's passed away it makes me even more determined. But also I found that J.K Rowling, Malorie Blackman, Charlotte Bronte and Meg Cabot were huge influences in my life. And then also my music taste: Muse, My Chemical Romance, Gwen Stefani, etc...
:user:
Lola xxx

#33 w/peaches

w/peaches

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

I don't think any one person has inspired me to write. Telling stories has just always been my thing, even when I was really little. Then in first grade I started reading the American Girl books, I think ^_^. And they inspired me to start typing up some stories on my dad's computer about the characters (little did I know it was fan fiction!). And all of sudden I was a writer. I started writing original stories, and I wrote all the time - be it on the computer or in a notebook or something. To this day I still write constantly. I'm not sure when I figured out that I wanted to be an author, but I've known for awhile now. Certain authors, of course, have influenced me - like Meg Cabot (of course!).

~A~ :user:

#34 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

Sarah Dessen, Meg Cabot, my family, and my teachers in elementary school.

#35 ehaw17

ehaw17

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

the person who inspired me the most is probably my grade one teacher, who's also an author.

she has this thing called the writer's club at my old school and i joined in grade two, i've been writing ever since.

course, im now writing 60 000 word novels instead of the two page "here's the character,here's the problem, here's the solution" stories. haha

-Emily

#36 thehealthyalternative

thehealthyalternative

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

My best friend Demi. He died in December and made me promise to never stop writing, no matter what.

<3 Petra Iero-Way (author of Demolition Lovers).

#37 nomi

nomi

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

Aw, I'm so sorry Petra! *huggles* Demi sounds like an amazing friend. I know he's watching over you somehow. He would be so proud!

♫nomi

#38 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

Oh, Petra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Hugs*

~Nattie~ Author of The Sound of the Heart.

#39 ehaw17

ehaw17

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

My best friend Demi. He died in December and made me promise to never stop writing, no matter what.

<3 Petra Iero-Way (author of Demolition Lovers).

awww *hugs* that's so sweet/cute. you should totally base a character on him. you know in his honor. or not. or maybe you already have? lol

-Emily

#40 thehealthyalternative

thehealthyalternative

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Well, the dedication in my novel For Tonight was to him. It says,

Even though you fail (miserably!) at making Jack-o-lanterns, hate people who are afraid of clowns, and live for getting kicked out of public places, you are still my PG, my Irtimed, my bestie frann, my angel on earth and now in heaven. So this dedication goes to you, because without you I would not have had the guts to keep writing this novel, and I sure would not have had the inspiration for all those wacky characters, because each one holds a piece of you, just like my heart does. I’ll never forget you, never leave behind any of the memories we shared. I’ll always love you, and I can’t wait for the day we’ll be together forever in heaven.
You are perfect now.
Rest in peace.
6-05-1991
-
12-04-2008

So all my characters hold SOMETHING from him xD

Pet/ra

#41 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

Sh**T! I'm crying now!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I can't see my keyboard all that well!!!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, PETRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *BBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG HUUUUGGG!*
Oh, my god! Was that his date of birth?

My brother was born a week after your friend was!!!! (spooky)

Petra, I...don't know what to comment about this story. Except for the tears that were rolling down my cheeks (I had to stop for a minute to hold myself together). *HUGS*

~Nattie~

#42 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

Petra- Ohh that sad

Actually who inspired me was the people on here.

People my age. Writing the most fantastic stories. I wanted to join them.

Then I was bored one day and I had gotten a note book for Christmas so I wrote a book. I'm still only about a 1/3 of the way through it. Plus, I walk by myself a lot (I deliever newspapers in my local area) and I have nothing to think about and ideas just pop into my head. Music too. Music and walking help me think.

But mainly the people on here.

#43 Alexthebride

Alexthebride

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

Nerdy sounding? yes
true? very but i would have to sat Meg cabot
My eight grade language art teacher along with my sixth grade language art teacher who is now my creative writing teacher.
That was a bit confusing...if i made you dizzy i am sorry.
My family and Freinds espeacially my freinds who take the time to read my stories.

#44 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

- The writers of the awesome books I've read.
- My best friend, Amy, for keeping me motivated and forever holding biased opinions on my writing. Whether she is telling the ultimate truth, I have no idea, but she inspires me to write and to carry on going through each day, nevertheless.
- Sophie. She's on the boards somewhere. She brought me here, and encourages me to carry on during my times of pessimism.
- Music. Without this I am nothing. All the bands I listen to contribute to the inspiration I get. I always find at least ten gazillion songs to fit my story line. It's so cool. :]
- My year 8/9 English teacher. No matter how rubbish he is at teaching, I still write. Even if I suck.

#45 BlackBerry321

BlackBerry321

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

Four people really:

My 6th, 7th and 8th grade English teachers as well as Neil Gaiman.

Peace out!
Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users