Photo

You know you're a writer when. . . (II)

• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

Poll: So how many of these things have you done? (180 member(s) have cast votes)

A couple. . . I'm not THAT strange

1. WAY more than one (35 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

2. About half (29 votes [15.93%])

Percentage of vote: 15.93%

3. These people are PSYCHIC i tell you. I do them all! (118 votes [64.84%])

Percentage of vote: 64.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 schrodingers cat

schrodingers cat

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

This is the second thread listing all the strange things we do as writers.

eg:
1) anytime anyone speaks, you add a mental description. ("she said while stroking her head thoughtfully")

2) You think of your friends as characters

3) you write them into your story.

4) when they read that story, they don't recognise themselves. (however, they do mention to you that the character was somewhat annoying)

5) an addiction to some caffinated substance (go diet Coke!)

6) When you tell your mother you'll be with her "at the end of the chapter," she knows that you're not reading.

For anyone unsure of what has been said, the original thread is here!

Remember to keep to all the MCMB rules, (and no random chatting please) ^_^

#2 Azalea

Azalea

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

Yay! New thread!

You know your a writer when:

→ Your watching DVD's late at night and all of a sudden you have all these ideas or just an idea running through your mind.

→ Your friends or family saying something that makes you realize something or gives you an idea all of a sudden.

→ The limit for an essay for a subject is 500 and you tend to write more than that, like over 1000 or near 1000.

→ You contribute all these ideas to the class for English or History or Social Studies.

→ You notice something on a product and it gives you an idea.

Azzy :m:

#3 Ft_Louie_Lvr

Ft_Louie_Lvr

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:35 AM

You know you're a write when:

~If you can't work out an idea, you got to bed early and decide that if you focus hard enough, you might dream up a solution
~In fact, you focus so hard that you can't sleep.
~ At all.
~ And two weeks later, you still haven't figured it out and have yet to dream about anything but Buffy the Vampire Slayer
~You decide to watch Buffy, thinking it's a sign and an idea will come to you
~ After an all day Buffy-fest you realize that the powers at be weren't trying to tell you anything except that maybe you should try writing some Buffy fanific
~ which is completely unhelpful, of course, because now that you've got an idea, you have to write it...or go insane trying
~ you'll probably end up doing that later of those two

Lmao. Perhaps I should have taken out the Buffy stuff so that this would apply to someone other than me. But this is what I'm going through right now. If someone else wants to pretent the same thing has happened to them just to make me feel better...go right ahead. I don't mind being lied to.

#4 schrodingers cat

schrodingers cat

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:39 AM

same thing, but not with Buffy. . . (.hack)

I can pretend though.

*ahem*

yeah, totally. That happened to me too. WORD FOR WORD.
Buffy rocks.

#5 Ft_Louie_Lvr

Ft_Louie_Lvr

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:45 AM

^LMAO. You're not a very good at this lying thing. I appologize for the lame Buffy references. I've got a minor obsession...which is second only to my obsession with this damned story idea.

#6 schrodingers cat

schrodingers cat

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:03 AM

It's ok. Buffy is fun. Particularly the singing one. SO funny.

and so that this does not get off topic:

you know you're a writer when:
- despite what you tell everyone else you're hurt when people don't automatically LOVE everything that you've written.
- AMV's are a source of inspiration (plus have fun music)
- you have a list of ways to combat writers block, none of which really work. (unfortunately, very true)

#7 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

You know you're a writer when...

-Even when you have about five year's worth of homework due, you still find time to write.

-At school, you are labeled "Writer," although you wish that it was still a secret now...

-Whenever you're on a writing tangent (or all-nighter, et cetera), your diet consists of a. caffeinated beverages b. granola bars and c. whatever junk food you can find.

Kat :spinstar:

#8 Green

Green

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

You have your cellphone right beside your bed so that in case you might have an idea in the middle of the night you just have to take it and you're able to note them down- without turning on the light.

#9 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

-Even when you have about five year's worth of homework due, you still find time to write.

Haha, yep, that's me. :)

You have your cellphone right beside your bed so that in case you might have an idea in the middle of the night you just have to take it and you're able to note them down- without turning on the light.

Oh, my god, YES! I thought I was the only one that did that! I save them in the Darfts file in the Messaging thing. Or in the Notes section. Lol

-You always run out of pens.

-Jules

#10 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:45 PM

-People ask why your eyes are glazed over on Monday morning. You cough sarcastically, pull out your trusty purple pen, and write on the top of their paper "Maybe--just maybe--I was awake til 5 am this morning agonizing over whether Charles will ever get over Miranda. Huh?" And they have no idea what you are talking about. But you do. Will Charles get over Miranda? You don't know. Maybe you will when you finish writing the next chapter... or not. But hopefully.

#11 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

This thread is just as hilarious as the last one!

I voted psychic people in the poll, lol. :D

~When you hate teachers for giving you a maximum number of words to write an essay in, because you know you'll never be able to fit it all in...

Emily :icon_flower:

#12 LadyMMac

LadyMMac

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

-People ask why your eyes are glazed over on Monday morning. You cough sarcastically, pull out your trusty purple pen, and write on the top of their paper "Maybe--just maybe--I was awake til 5 am this morning agonizing over whether Charles will ever get over Miranda. Huh?" And they have no idea what you are talking about. But you do. Will Charles get over Miranda? You don't know. Maybe you will when you finish writing the next chapter... or not. But hopefully.

So true, Kat.

So true.

~Maggie

PS- Yes! New thread!

#13 *HONEY*

*HONEY*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

You know when you're a writer when... dude, basically, when words make you horny..

-xx tephy

#14 Softballie

Softballie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

You know when you're a writer when....

*you turn off your computer you feel dead inside.

* The only thing you have to get up for on school days is when you get home so you can start writing.

*You have a flash drive of finished stories. (I have four 512 Mb Flash drives of finished stories)

#15 Soccer_Fanatic

Soccer_Fanatic

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

You know when you're a writer when... dude, basically, when words make you horny..

-xx tephy

Lmao. Of course.

You know you're a writer when your English teacher asks for you to write and define three of your favourite words, and you can think of about fifty on the spot whilst your classmates are chewing the erasers off of their pencils in anxiety.

#16 Soccer_Fanatic

Soccer_Fanatic

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

OH.

You know you're a writer when you correct your English teacher's grammar on the worksheet. (Mon Dieu! It's frightening!)

#17 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

-xx tephy

*cough* So true. :icon_lol:

#18 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

You know you're a writer when.... ♥ You have a 'writing folder' dedicated to inspiration and tips.

♥ You cover, decorate, and put your heart and soul into making your diary look perfect, only then you can never find the time to write in it because you're too busy writing stories.

♥ You format all of your stories the same.

♥ While IMing people you don't use chatspeak and you get REALLY annoyed if they do. For this, they get really frustrated at YOU.

♥ When you go to a restaurant with you parents and are bored, instead of being social you write a poem on the back of a napkin.

♥ When your english teacher asks you to submit a draft copy you have to make two - the first one was your real draft and the second was the draft which you had to edit so it had mistakes in it. You submit the second.

♥ You aspire to be like a character out of a book, or one of your own characters.

♥ You re-read all of your books, to get a better understanding of them, twice. Or three times, or four, or ten.

♥ Other members of your family ALWAYS complain that they never get a go on the computer, and when your mother makes you get off you become depressed.

♥ You then ask for a laptop for christmas/your birthday, but when you get it you constantly complain that it's too slow/doesn't have the internet/is running out of memory/doesn't have enough battery.

♥ You are always trying to encourage your sister and friends to read books which you enjoyed.

♥ You go through phases of having favourite words.

♥ When sending an IM, email or letter you try to make it sound as good as possible and edit it about one thousand times.

♥ You save all of your IM conversations just in case you will need to use them for a story you may write in the future.

♥ All of these conversations are saved in one folder and the file is named by the date and the person you had the conversation with.

♥ You never actually use these conversations but keep saving them anyway.

♥ When you are in the middle of writing a chapter at night and you put off having a shower until the morning to get it finished... even though you had sport today.

♥ When you make a hot chocolate and the directions say 'add one teaspoon of chocolate powder' you add three instead. HEAPED. (Well, OK, I think that's just me).

♥ When you are editing a section of your story you can tell when you had PMS. You then re-write it at a time when you don't have PMS but discover the original is still better anyway.

♥ Your room is always messy and your parents are constantly yelling at you to clean it, but the thing is, to you everything seems perfectly organised.

♥ You search for the names of your favourite characters on myspace.

♥ While you were reading this thread, and all twelve pages of the old one, you pulled out one of your notebooks and wrote down every single idea you had so you could type them all up when you posted.

♥ You find activites such this fun.

Love Jade :icon_sunny:

#19 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

You know you're a writer when.... ♥ When you are editing a section of your story you can tell when you had PMS. You then re-write it at a time when you don't have PMS but discover the original is still better anyway.

Yeah.

But I tend to kill off my characters when I have PMS... :icon_lol: But maybe that's just me.

#20 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Lol, yeah, I sometimes do that. Once in a mediator fan fiction I wrote, I had PMS so I made Jesse get arrested and go to jail...

I soon corrected that, however.

#21 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:08 PM

I understand completely. I try not to get off topic, but I once made my main character's daughter get thrown from a building by evil people and then the main character went to jail and was put on drugs, and... That wasn't a good week...

-You have post it notes. Hundreds, of thousands, of post it notes... Or it may be just me.

#22 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:14 PM

Just thought of another one.

-Although your cuticles are red and infected, you keep writing. "This is what band-aids are made for!" you think, "Writers that go haywire and just can't stop writing..."

-You tell yourself over and over again that you'll clean your room, but in the back of your mind you know you'll be writing during that certain time.

-When your mother tells you that you need to be in bed by 10, you gawk and exclaim "In the EVENING?"

#23 female shakespeare

female shakespeare

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

When you make a hot chocolate and the directions say 'add one teaspoon of chocolate powder' you add three instead. HEAPED. (Well, OK, I think that's just me).

SO not just you. I put like... 5. Well, maybe not 5, but I put a lot. :D And when its not cold enough for hot chocolate, I use the powder to make (albeit chunky) chocolate milk.

-When your mother tells you that you need to be in bed by 10, you gawk and exclaim "In the EVENING?"

Me too! And I hate it when she does that! There are so many people that just don't GET writing and how much it means and how into we can get...

~You have a certain writing time, as in, you just can't easily get in the groove before, oh say, 11 PM. (GUILTY)
~You have to write an essay for school, consider it extremely crappy, and end up getting a 100% (I'm sure I'm not the only one this has ever happened to).
~You hate writing "papers," because it's so hard to be creative and so... NONFICTION!
~When you finish a really good book, you feel like you know the author and fantasize about when you grow up and you're famous and how you'll be best friends with so-and-so author
~You go someplace really relaxing and quiet-ish and think, "I want to live here when I grow up so I can write here!"
~You just don't get how people can NOT like English class.
~You like to call yourself a writer even if you don't write THAT much but you fantasize about writing (I'm guilty of this a lot... I mean, I DO write, but I come up with ideas more than I actually write them out!)
~Your desk is incredibly messy but you just can't be bothered to clean it up.
~You have an unnaturally fast typing speed and you wonder if you were bit by some radioactive typing spider in your youth
~You can look at babynaming sites for hours
~You are known as a very random person

~Moo

#24 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:37 AM

-Although your cuticles are red and infected, you keep writing. "This is what band-aids are made for!" you think, "Writers that go haywire and just can't stop writing..."

I know! My cuticles are so gross, as well as my nails, but I just CAN'T keep them nice because I'm too addicted to writing...

~You have a certain writing time, as in, you just can't easily get in the groove before, oh say, 11 PM. (GUILTY)

Totally. I'm so not a night person, and whenever I try to write in the morning, I usually end up getting one chapter done, then as soon as it gets past about five in the afternoon I can suddenly write about three more. Then of course I have to re-write the chapter I wrote in the morning because it was crap...

And yes, if you saw my desk, you would not be able to find ANYTHING, it's so messy.

#25 LadyMMac

LadyMMac

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

-xx tephy

You know you're a writer when....
♥ You re-read all of your books, to get a better understanding of them, twice. Or three times, or four, or ten.
♥ Other members of your family ALWAYS complain that they never get a go on the computer, and when your mother makes you get off you become depressed.
♥ You go through phases of having favourite words.
♥ When sending an IM, email or letter you try to make it sound as good as possible and edit it about one thousand times.
♥ When you are editing a section of your story you can tell when you had PMS. You then re-write it at a time when you don't have PMS but discover the original is still better anyway.
♥ You find activites such this fun.

Both me. SO ME.

*You've purposely made up an excuse to stay home and write.
*You sit down to write an update for one story, but somehow you end up writing an update for all ten.
*You spend hours just sitting at the computer with a word document open, waiting for inspiration to strike.

~Maggie

#26 Legally_Brunette_60164

Legally_Brunette_60164

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:05 AM

All of these on here are soooo me!

#27 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:59 AM

*You spend hours just sitting at the computer with a word document open, waiting for inspiration to strike.

Yes. That is so me that it's crazy. I do that so often...

#28 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

~Maggie

It really annoys me when that happens. Usually it's in the morning, and I wait there for hours trying to think of an idea and then once it gets in the afternoon I suddenly get inspiration and can write again.

And also I listen to music while I write, and so sometimes when I'm lying there I like, go into a dream state just listening to music and then I finally realise I've listened to about twenty songs and have wasted more than an hour.

lol.

#29 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:59 PM

-xx tephy

*cough* I have no idea what you're talking about... *guilty cough*

~You have to write an essay for school, consider it extremely crappy, and end up getting a 100% (I'm sure I'm not the only one this has ever happened to).

Yes! I always get a hundred on my essays, even when they suck and sound totally unnatural to me. It's weird!

#30 Princess_In_Waiting

Princess_In_Waiting

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:54 AM

- You get incredibly pissed when your iPod runs out of battery, because you seriously can't write without music. =|
- All of your friends understand chatspeak, except for you.

Roz

#31 monks

monks

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

omigawd these are all soooooooo brilliant

:heartbeat: You know you're a writer when:...

:heartbeat: You go downstairs with a pad/laptop and your parents tell you to go to bed because it's far too late.

:heartbeat: Your parents tell you you can go to bed and read but not write because they know you'll be up all night.

:heartbeat: You (eventually) come off the (tear yourself from) the computer and go downstairs and your parents shout, "I thought you went to bed 4 hours ago!"

#32 schrodingers cat

schrodingers cat

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:21 AM

You (eventually) come off the (tear yourself from) the computer and go downstairs and your parents shout, "I thought you went to bed 4 hours ago!"

To which you reply "Yeah of course i did" and pray that they haven't peeked in your room in the last four hours.

OR

To which you reply "Yeah of course i did". They told you to go to bed. They didn't say you couldn't have your laptop on/writing pad out when you were there. ^_^

#33 the_tall_girl

the_tall_girl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:23 AM

You (eventually) come off the (tear yourself from) the computer and go downstairs and your parents shout, "I thought you went to bed 4 hours ago!"

Haha. Yeah.. They do that ALL the time. They've even resolved to locking my computer after ten thirty. *scowls*

--You'll read a book just to see how the grammer should be at places.

#34 Fly_Away

Fly_Away

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

omigawd these are all soooooooo brilliant

:heartbeat: You know you're a writer when:...

:heartbeat: You go downstairs with a pad/laptop and your parents tell you to go to bed because it's far too late.

:heartbeat: Your parents tell you you can go to bed and read but not write because they know you'll be up all night.

:heartbeat: You (eventually) come off the (tear yourself from) the computer and go downstairs and your parents shout, "I thought you went to bed 4 hours ago!"

[font="Trebuchet MS"]
I am guilty of all of those! Thankfully my parents can sleep through anything and I have a handy string of buttefly lights I can't sleep without. Very handy for writing late at night and in the wee hours of the morning![/font]

#35 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:28 PM

Mmm-hmmm. *nods*

I know the feeling.

#36 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hehe... I sneak around after they've gone to bed!

#37 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

-xx tephy

*cough*um..yes :)

[font=Century Gothic][color=#800080] You know you're a writer when....[list][size=2] ♥ You have a 'writing folder' dedicated to inspiration and tips.

welll, just my school binder...

♥ When you go to a restaurant with you parents and are bored, instead of being social you write a poem on the back of a napkin.

*gasps* of course not! just updates for my story ;)

or 30.

♥ You then ask for a laptop for christmas/your birthday, but when you get it you constantly complain that it's too slow/doesn't have the internet/is running out of memory/doesn't have enough battery.

YES!!!!!!!

♥ You are always trying to encourage your sister and friends to read books which you enjoyed.

possibly....

♥ Your room is always messy and your parents are constantly yelling at you to clean it, but the thing is, to you everything seems perfectly organised.

YES!!!

~You just don't get how people can NOT like English class.
~You are known as a very random person

~Moo

YES TO ALL THREE!

2) You think of your friends as characters

3) you write them into your story.

*cough* or family members

you know you're a writer when you sit in a movie theater watching the previews and voice out loud how you could have made htem better, then your friends or family stuffs popcorn in your mouth to keep you from tralking. ;)

roni

#38 Fly_Away

Fly_Away

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

You know you're a writer when you're in the shower and you suddenly get a brilliant idea and find yourself dashing out of the bathroom nothing but a towel to find something to write it down with before it slips your mind.

Or maybe that's just me. But seriously, that just happened to me., and I've decided to just leave a pen and notepad by the shower.

#39 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

You know you're a writer when you're in the shower and you suddenly get a brilliant idea and find yourself dashing out of the bathroom nothing but a towel to find something to write it down with before it slips your mind.

Oh my god, that happened to me yesterday. Except instead of rushing out of the bathroom to get a pen I found an old eyeliner in the bathroom draw, so I wrote the idea on my hand and when I got back in the shower I had to make sure I didn't wash it off.

Lol, we are all crazy, aren't we?

#40 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

Yes we are. But just a little bit.

#41 Hokey Pokey

Hokey Pokey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

Lol, I love this topic.

You know you're a writer when:

--You hate doing writing assignments for English class because the teacher adds so many dang rules.

--You're writing emails to your friends, a two minute situation turns into a ten page story. (my friends have commented on this many times, it's sort of embarrassing)

--You hate when a red line appears under your character's name.

--You base the main character off of yourself, and the guy she eventually gets in the end off of your crush. (I've done this many, many times)

--You notice in some books that all the characters speak using perfect grammar (even the uneducated ones) and it annoys you to death.

--You end up writing the same sentence fifty times just to see which way sounds the best.

--The shelves of your bookcase are sagging, and are threatening to break at any time. (My mom has now started to avoid that side of my room, saying that she doesn't want to die by having my collection of books crush her)

--You have that one food or drink that you always have to have when you write. (For me it's goldfish!)

--You think up this great hidden meaning, and are mad when your friends don't catch it when they're reading.

--You put off writing your story for English class because you're too busy writing your OWN story.

--You get in trouble for constantly writing too much for essays. (I mean, who ever heard of a ten page limit????)

--When you get paired with a partner for a project that requires an essay, you offer to write the entire essay because you can't help but cringe when you read what they wrote.

--When you randomly ask your friends what a good name would be, they don't even ask you "why?" anymore.

--You're writing at your computer and you REALLY have to go to the bathroom, but you would rather hold it then leave your story.

--You're almost asleep when suddenly you get an idea for a story; then you're wide a wake for hours thinking about the whole plot line.

--When you have to edit a paper for someone in your English class, and you have to resist the urge to cross out every little thing and rewrite the entire story.

Haha, sorry if that's a little much. I just couldn't stop!

Michelle

#42 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

[color=#2E8B57][size=1][font=Tahoma]Lol, I love this topic.

You know you're a writer when:

-You hate when a red line appears under your character's name.

YES! i hate that! it happens in almost every story. until you finally get the idea in the last chapter of your story to set your computer to accept the name. guilty.

--You base the main character off of yourself, and the guy she eventually gets in the end off of your crush. (I've done this many, many times)

and when you like someone else you kill off the other dude and add your new guy to your story and have yourself marry him.

--When you randomly ask your friends what a good name would be, they don't even ask you "why?" anymore.

or they just name off random names as soon as you start any question.

--You're writing at your computer and you REALLY have to go to the bathroom, but you would rather hold it then leave your story.

then you parents look at you wierd when you are running to your restroom at top speed.

you know you area writer when you look through your yearbooks at all the funny photos and instantly come up woth a plot for every one.

roni

#43 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:52 AM

Lol, I love this topic.
--The shelves of your bookcase are sagging, and are threatening to break at any time. (My mom has now started to avoid that side of my room, saying that she doesn't want to die by having my collection of books crush her)

--When you get paired with a partner for a project that requires an essay, you offer to write the entire essay because you can't help but cringe when you read what they wrote.

My bookshelf is exactly like that. In fact I had to swap my bookshelf with the family bookshelf which is as high as my ceiling, and still I have a whole SUITCASE of books (ones that I don't really read anymore) in my wardrobe.

Also, I hate it when you get stuck with a partner who can't write, I end up editing everything they wrote. Then again, for every essay we have to do for english I always read my friend's before hand anyway, and find about ten mistakes, lol.

#44 schrodingers cat

schrodingers cat

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

I just hate group assignments. I'm either that person who's overbearing and just TOO organised, or that one who does nothing, doesn't hand in her work on time, and can't contribute to save a life. There is no in between for me.

you know you're a writer when it's six am and you're still writing. Someone asks you why, and your response is, "someone dared me to write a novel in a day".

You know you're a writer when you FALL for stupid dares like that. Why? Because suddenly you want to know if you can.

You know you're a writer when after you only get to 35,000 in a day, you set a date for the next time you try to make the fifty.

#45 Bella Catarina

Bella Catarina

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

*cough* I don't think I could do that last one, though... I write a bit slower than that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users