• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#1 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

A thread to let us know what you are currently reading! :)

To start us off...

I am currently in the midst of For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway.

#2 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Yesterday I finished John Green's "Looking For Alaska," which was incredible.

Next I'm either going to start "The Life of Pi" or reread "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."

xoxoArtemis

#3 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Paper Towns by John Green

#4 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Currently I'm reading this novel called Second Hand, is a romance novel with two guys. It's pretty good so far.
Up next Pandora the Curious

#5 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'm about to start To Sir Phillip, with Love by Julia Quinn. It's the fifth book in her Bridgerton series, which I'm really enjoying.

The last YA book that I read was an ARC of Gayle Forman's Just One Day. Loved it, loved it, loved it! I can't wait to read Just One Year when it comes out this fall.

#6 kjsejr

kjsejr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I just finished Heist Society, which I read just because it was laying around at my cousins' house. It was actually really good! If you read it, you might just be able to figure out what the first letter in my username stands for...

Edited by kjsejr, 04 January 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#7 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Diana- I have an ARC of Just One Day too and am gonna participate in the Just One Day read-a-thon this weekend. It's this Twitter event where participants will be reading the book in a 24 hour period (5pm Fri-5pm Sat) and then a chat with Gayle from 7-8pm Sat night.

Currently, I'm reading Prophecy by Ellen Oh and A Farewell to Charms by Lindsey Leavitt. Enjoying both so far!

#8 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Me, the missing, and the dead by Jenny Valentine

#9 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I haven't actually been reading much YA lately!
But right now I'm reading this really adorable book called In the Bag by Kate Klise
about this mom and her daughter and this dad and his son, the four of them are on a flight to Paris and the dad, Andrew, spills wine on the mom (and finds her attractive) so he slips a note into her purse saying he'll pay for the dry cleaning, and asking her out leaving his email. Daisy, the mom, isn't very amused
Then when they get to Paris, both Daisy and Andrew are hurring their kids, Coco and Webb respectively, and they grab each other's bags by mistake

And the kids start emailing each other, first to figure out what to do with their bags, and then because they like each other. But Coco and Daisy are in PAris and Webb and Andrew in Madrid. =)

I'm about a third of the way in and is very adorable so far

#10 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Naughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

It's political satire but i like it.

#11 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I finished The Archived by Victoria Schwab and really really liked it. I wasn't enthralled by The Near Witch, but this book sounded so good that I wanted to give her another shot. I'm glad I did.

But right now, I'm in the middle of reading Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (in preparation for the movie) and Prodigy by Marie Lu. I also started A Million Suns by Beth Revis last night.

#12 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I finished The Archived by Victoria Schwab and really really liked it. I wasn't enthralled by The Near Witch, but this book sounded so good that I wanted to give her another shot. I'm glad I did.

But right now, I'm in the middle of reading Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (in preparation for the movie) and Prodigy by Marie Lu. I also started A Million Suns by Beth Revis last night.

I'mg lad you said that about the Archived, the same thing happened to me with the Near Witch.

#13 Queen of the slayers

Queen of the slayers

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm finally getting around to reading the Percy Jackson books and currently I'm reading the fourth one The Battle of the Labyrinth.

#14 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Currently working on "Life of Pi." Really interesting. Not necessarily what I was expecting, but still really good. The writing's all right--not my favorite style--but the plot is interesting enough and the character isn't awful. I'm only about 100 pages in, though. Hopefully it stays good.

xoxoArtemis

#15 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I just read this super cute book called Confectionately Yours #1: Save the Cupcake! and it was absolutely adorable!!
I even went and order books 2 and 3 of the series.

It's about a girl who loves baking cupcakes and she, her mom and sister just moved in with her Grandma, who owns a tea shop.
And she's kinda struggling 'cause her parents just got divorced, and her dad is dating again, and her best friend is undergoing a personality change and her other best friend is acting a little weird and she seems to always be messing up with him.

And then she makes friends with this other girl in her class whom she always liked but never really got to hang out with before, and well, it's darn cute.

#16 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm reading Shades of Earth by Beth Revis and The Darkness Dwellers by Kirsten Miller right now. I'll be reading Also Known As by Robin Benway next.

#17 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I just read this super cute book called Confectionately Yours #1: Save the Cupcake! and it was absolutely adorable!!
I even went and order books 2 and 3 of the series.

It's about a girl who loves baking cupcakes and she, her mom and sister just moved in with her Grandma, who owns a tea shop.
And she's kinda struggling 'cause her parents just got divorced, and her dad is dating again, and her best friend is undergoing a personality change and her other best friend is acting a little weird and she seems to always be messing up with him.

And then she makes friends with this other girl in her class whom she always liked but never really got to hang out with before, and well, it's darn cute.

That DOES sound really cute. I'll have to check the books out.

#18 JennyKate D

JennyKate D

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

I've read Beautiful Creatures, and quite enjoyed it. Then I realised there were another three or four books in the series! And this is the first I've heard it's becoming a movie. Do you know who the actors will be?

#19 JennyKate D

JennyKate D

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

My mum suggested I read 'Rot and Ruin' by Jonathan Maberry, because she and a friend rated it highly. It's a young adult novel about zombies, but honestly... I have read so many better zombie books! My favourite books ever happen to be 'The Enemy' by Charlie Higson, which are about zombies.

So, I have put down 'Rot and Ruin' for a while, and now I'm reading 'How to Survive the Titanic or, The Sinking of J. Bruce Ismay'. I really love anything about the Titanic, so I'm looking forward to getting further into it, though it is quite long.

#20 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

I've read Beautiful Creatures, and quite enjoyed it. Then I realised there were another three or four books in the series! And this is the first I've heard it's becoming a movie. Do you know who the actors will be?

Here's the Wikipedia page for the Beautiful Creatures movie:

http://en.wikipedia....res_(2013_film)

#21 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman

#22 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

I can't wait to see the Beautiful Creatures movie; I'm still only halfway through the book though, but with being broke, I may have to wait until it's in the dollar theatre. As for the book series, there's a total of 4 books, which are all out now.

I just finished reading The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd, which was pretty good. I'm reading Also Known As by Robin Benway (LOVING it so far) and Skylark by Meagan Spooner. I got to meet Megan and Meagan at a book signing last night (along with Jodi Meadows and Lenore Appelhans) and it was so much fun.

#23 jess2708

jess2708

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

i am reading how to be popular.. i just finished the princess diaries 3 few days ago.. :)

#24 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Finished "Life of Pi"! Really great book, even though the end is frustrating. Now starting "Thinner" by Stephen King. Hope it's as good as it sounds.

xoxoArtemis

#25 jowritestheblog

jowritestheblog

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'm listening to Mediator: Reunion (AGAIN) on audiobook during my commute to work; I'm reading The Odyssey for school; reading Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham (aka Sophie Kinsella) for fun.

#26 ThisIsRealLife101

ThisIsRealLife101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ugh! I just finished Fear, the fifth book in the Gone series by Michael Grant. It's one of those times when I have to wait for the final book, Light, to come out... in three months. The series is so great, and the waiting is driving me crazy!

#27 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Started reading the Sherlock Holmes books this week. I finished "A Study in Scarlet" last night and am halfway through "The Sign of Four" currently. I plan on finishing Stephen King's "Thinner" on the plane to Arizona tomorrow. It's good to start reading more again.

xoxoArtemis

#28 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I am currently reading Only the good spy young from the gallager girls series and so far it seems better than the previous books. :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:

#29 ecraven

ecraven

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Just finished reading Neil Gaiman's Neverwear. It was a little creepy and odd but good! Before that may have re-read all of the 1800 Where Are You series. You know, because they're awesome.

#30 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Finished "Thinner" and "The Sign of the Four" today! Lots of reading going on. Going to be starting Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" next.

xoxoArtemis

#31 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Just started Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater ,it already seems brilliant. :spinstar:

#32 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm reading Of Triton by Anna Banks and What We Saw at Night by Jacquelyn Mitchard.

#33 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Finished Shiver on Friday so I am now reading the next book Linger.

#34 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

I just finished Attachements by Rainbow Rowell, it was pretty awesome and I ended up adoring it :D

#35 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I just finished Attachements by Rainbow Rowell, it was pretty awesome and I ended up adoring it :D

I recently ordered Attachments and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I can't wait to read both books, especially the latter. I've heard great things about it.

#36 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Just about to start forever (the last in the trilogy)

#37 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Don't read What We Saw at Night- the ending really left a sour taste in my mouth. I thought it was a stand-alone (it's a MYSTERY, for crying out loud!) but the story is being dragged out so it can be a trilogy. It really made me angry.

I'm currently reading Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black, The Curiosities by Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff and Tessa Gratton; and Skylark by Meagan Spooner.

#38 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I think that's too many characters to keep track of.

#39 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

I recently ordered Attachments and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I can't wait to read both books, especially the latter. I've heard great things about it.

I got Eleanor and Park! I couldn't resist!! After Attachements I just had to!
I hope I can get to it soon, and I already go FanGirl in my wishlist

Don't read What We Saw at Night- the ending really left a sour taste in my mouth. I thought it was a stand-alone (it's a MYSTERY, for crying out loud!) but the story is being dragged out so it can be a trilogy. It really made me angry.

I'm currently reading Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black, The Curiosities by Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff and Tessa Gratton; and Skylark by Meagan Spooner.

Thanks for the heads up, James! I hate when that happens!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I think that's too many characters to keep track of.

Good luck with it!

--
Right now I'm reading About that Night by Julie James and I just finished Paper Chains by Nicola Moriarty and it was amazing, it made me cry like a baby but I loved it.

Next I'm reading Quintana of Charryn :D

#40 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Right now I'm reading About that Night by Julie James and I just finished Paper Chains by Nicola Moriarty and it was amazing, it made me cry like a baby but I loved it.

I love Julie James' books. How are you liking About That Night? I can't wait to read her upcoming book, Love Irresistibly.

#41 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Im reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

#42 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Recently started Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and am really enjoying it so far.

#43 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

#44 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

One of my favorites! Amazing book. :D

Currently reading a bunch of the Sherlock Holmes short stories. I read the first two novels a while back and am starting up again. Need to get to the library ASAP.

xoxoArtemis

#45 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

I'm reading The Ruining by Anna Collomore and Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo- enjoying both right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users