• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey .Girls I was just wandering what is your most favorite books? i think SOmeone already did that topic I just cant find it so Yeah Answer Please``~~~!

#2 Sapphireshell19

Sapphireshell19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Um....
Can I answer with 'too many to choose from?'
No, seriously, I have too many favourite series. I tried to figure it out once but I gave um when I hit twenty.
But I guess to name a few; Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, Dragonriders of Pern, The Parasol Protectorate, The Dresden Files, the Mediator series and Princess Diaries... Um, just to name a few... Okay, so ten and this is just book series, don't even get me started on just one book alone. I honestly could keep going but I think I'll just stop here, or I'll be here all night.

Edited by Sapphireshell19, 04 September 2012 - 03:56 AM.

#3 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I love Percy Jackson and Harry Potter! Im gonna red the Hunger games even though I'v seen the Movie! AND TOTALL YLOVE THE MEDIATOR SERIES!~!!!

#4 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I really like Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, October Sky by Homer Hickam, Trigger by Susan Vaught, The Mad Men Underground by John Barnes

#5 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'v never heard of those! are any of them good? well of course ther egood or you wouldnt have said so but no ar ethey good?

#6 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

You've never heard of Les Miserables? I find that rather surprising. It's very good, it's about an ex-convict trying to be good in the world. He then adopts a little girl after her mother dies. I'm not very good at explaining but it's awesome. It was originally written in French so you know how translated books are like. I read the edited version because i read for a class. It's very long but that's mostly because the author digresses and goes on to talk about History and architecture.

October Sky is so amazing. It's a memoir from Homer Hickam. Back in 1969, Sputnik happened and Homer gets inspired and tries to make rockets himself. The book is basically high school life for him. I loved Homer, he was adorable.

Trigger is a very powerful book. The main character somehow gets shot in the head (as you read, he finds out how and why) and it affects his motor skills and thinking process. He can't walk very well and is blind out of one eye. He also repeats words over and over again. Again it's very powerful and emotional.

The Mad Men Underground is also a very good book. It's about this crazy boy who has 5 jobs and sucky home life. It's a perfect read. It's quite funny too. It takes place during the 1970s if that matters.

#7 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

I thik i wil read those!

#8 suzeroxxx

suzeroxxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

Oh I love Percy Jackson(I so can't wait for The Mark Of Athena!!!)!
My other faves are Harry Potter and The Mediator.
Also The Vampire Academy(has anyone here read it????)
And there are so many others-the list could go on forever............

#9 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

My favourite at the moment is Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. Usually, I prefer whatever I am reading at the time. :)

#10 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Dibs on the Princess Diaries!!! :icon_queen:
I just love those!! :wub:
BUT I love lots of other books too...it's too many though..:(

#11 meg cabot fan no.1

meg cabot fan no.1

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

:mgwave: i think my fav books would be:
harry potter series
jinx(my 1st meg cabot book)
any s.a.s.s. book :love7:

my fav books
:eusa_clap:

#12 romanceluva11

romanceluva11

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

I like Nicholas Sparks's books and Jodi Picoults!

#13 Queen of the slayers

Queen of the slayers

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Currently some of my favorites are Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.

But my all-time favorite book is Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn.

#14 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Such a hard question ,I like His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman,House of Night series by P.C and Kristen Cast, I also like the hunger games , Insatiable By Meg Cabot and Missing You by Meg Cabot. :D :D I just love to read.

#15 ThisIsRealLife101

ThisIsRealLife101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

I am obsessed with the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. I'm not finished with the Gone series, but they might very well tie with Hush, Hush.

Other than those two series, though, I would easily say the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike. Also the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson.

#16 ecraven

ecraven

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I love, absolutely love "A Sudden Wild Magic" by Diana Wynne Jones. It is so funny and different from any fantasy I've ever read. I also love The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede and Meg's Every Boy's Got One. I fricken love that book.

#17 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

WOW!!! i just finishes reading this ausome book its called"go ask alice" its a really sad book< and i finished the "the boy called it " series and all those books made me cry.And the Vampire Dairies are really good too..Im obseesed with the vampire diaries i have all seasons:) anywayif any of you guys have read these tell me what you think:)

#18 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater, Just In Case by Meg Rosoff, The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman, Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban, Little Women or Missing You by Meg Cabot.

#19 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

Dibs on the Princess Diaries!!! :icon_queen:
I just love those!! wub.gif
BUT I love lots of other books too...it's too many though..sad.gif

Ditto!!

#20 sierra rose

sierra rose

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

First stands - The Mediator ( so in love with it ) lol
Next , very very closely comes the vampire diaries...
Has any one read it ? The vampire diaries by LJ Smith ? (Lisa Jane Smith)
Then um.. Airhead (really cool)
These are the three tht tops my list so far , it might change but mediator will always be my first...lol....Mediator forever :D :D

#21 Nero-Flamewind

Nero-Flamewind

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Favorite books, let's see. Percy Jackson and The Olympians, The Hunger Games, Mediator, Divergent, The Mortal Instruments. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users