• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Is there any way to know if/when the paperback edition of a book is going to be released (a specific website about this, or on an author's site, etc.)?
Being on a limited budget, spending $8 instead of $18 on a book would really help me out, also without having to wait months and months for my library to finally have the titles I'm waiting to read available again!
Thanks! =)

#2 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Usually it's a year after the hardcover is released, but sometimes with extremely popular books, it may take longer. Some series have the paperback coming out when the next book is released (like the Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer with each book being released 7-9 months apart). I don't think there's a specific website but keeping an eye on Goodreads and Amazon for books you want is your best bet. An author's website/blog should also have this info too once it's available.

Do you have any titles you're wondering about right now? I might be able to help.

#3 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

Like James said, your best bet it's Amazon, Good Reads or a convo of the two since the time may vary anywhere between 6 to 12 months, usually.

#4 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Thanks!

At the moment, I was specifically wondering about "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins?

#5 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Ah, well to my knowledge, Catching Fire isn't even out in paperback yet (with no current release date for one), so I imagine Mockingjay won't be happening for several years. However, there is a large print version that is in paperback. I work at Walmart, and a lot of people buy the large print version of Catching Fire because it's a paperback and cheaper.

#6 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

I checked and Book Depository has three different paperbacks of Mockingjay (one of them being the large print that james mentioned)
maybe you could try that :)

#7 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, the books are so popular right now (especially with added interest because of the movies) that it will probably be a long time, if ever, that they are released in paperback!

I didn't know about the large print version, I'll see if my local store has that. Thanks!! :icon_sunny:

#8 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

When I was at the library earlier, I thought it would be pointless to look up to see if they had Mockingjay (it's always checked out!), but I looked it up anyway, and one had just been returned!! So I snatched it up! :hyper:

#9 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

When I was at the library earlier, I thought it would be pointless to look up to see if they had Mockingjay (it's always checked out!), but I looked it up anyway, and one had just been returned!! So I snatched it up! :hyper:

I'm glad you got it and I hope you enjoy it :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users