51 replies to this topic

#46 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

I can't wait either!
I hope it's awesome, and probably it will be since it's Sarah!
Hope they keep the title too! 'cause I love it.

#47 Suze.Luva!

Suze.Luva!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

I think that her books are kinda repetitive. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love her books, but it seems like every book is the same. Girl goes somewhere. She meets guy. They hang out with each other. Start to develop feelings for each other. Then girl does something wrong and boy and girl don't talk for a while. Girl realizes something. They make up and make it official by kissing. She even uses the same line ( "... and I close the space between us." Or something like that.)

Okay. Putting my complaints aside, I really love the little details she puts into her books like the games Macy and Wes play. Or the whole basketball aspect in What Happened To Goodbye.

I soo loved This Lullaby and all thanks to Dexter. I mean like I love Dexter clumsiness and how silly he is. And don't forget about Remy's b!tchiness. I don't know why I just find that it is something different from "regular" b!tchiness.

~Linny :spinstar:

#48 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

I think that her books are kinda repetitive. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love her books, but it seems like every book is the same. Girl goes somewhere. She meets guy. They hang out with each other. Start to develop feelings for each other. Then girl does something wrong and boy and girl don't talk for a while. Girl realizes something. They make up and make it official by kissing. She even uses the same line ( "... and I close the space between us." Or something like that.)

Okay. Putting my complaints aside, I really love the little details she puts into her books like the games Macy and Wes play. Or the whole basketball aspect in What Happened To Goodbye.

I soo loved This Lullaby and all thanks to Dexter. I mean like I love Dexter clumsiness and how silly he is. And don't forget about Remy's b!tchiness. I don't know why I just find that it is something different from "regular" b!tchiness.

~Linny :spinstar:

I do see your point, particularly with her later books - and I have to admit I haven't been crazy about her last two books - I think she took more risks with her earlier writing, risk that things didn't end up perfect, particularly in the romance department, like Haley not reconciling with Macon in Someone Like You or Caitlyn not meeting a fabulous guy after leaving Evergreen in Dreamland.

#49 Celtique

Celtique

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

I LOVE Sarah so much! What Meg has in intimacy, Sarah has in reality. She makes you feel, which Meg does too, but more in the philosophy sense. The first of her books I read was Just Listen, and I cried. It was amazing.

Tess

#50 dssdf

dssdf

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

Her books are great but i got bored with them. (Teen romances can be boring sometimes) I read Dreamland, The Truth About Forever, and This Lullaby. Sarah Dessen is great, i recommend her books to anyone who likes romance.

#51 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

Sarah has a new book coming out next year, and as of now, the title is The Moon and More.

#52 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

Sarah has a new book coming out next year, and as of now, the title is The Moon and More.

I think that's the new title of THE BEST AFTER EVER. And I heard the book takes place in Colby, rather than in Lakeview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users