• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lena398:)

lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

hi! so, i love this series. <3 it's really good. so just write like your favorite character and like your favorite scenes, best couples and all that. yeah, i hope you enjoy ;)

#2 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've only read the first four but I loved them, and I can't wait to continue reading the series. The ninth book is coming out in July and I like how they did the new cover. I also really like the TV show too and can't wait for it to come back next month.

#3 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

i love them. Ive only read the first two and seen some of tyhe show. my favorite scenes so far is all of them with Ezra and Aria. I love his excuse for swearing in class!! Haha.

#4 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

I've read them all. I loved them. I loved Emily so much. She was pretty cool. I didn't like Hanna though. She cared too much about what other people thought of her.

But when the show came on, i saw a couple of scenes and figured that they were not going by the books. That irritated me. I hate the show.

#5 Annabeth2101

Annabeth2101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

I can honestly say that the books were interesting, I read them all and have to admit the mystery was intriguing. But, in my opinion, it became predictable. Not in a I know-exactly-what's-going-to-happen-next way, but more in a this-is-based-on-real-life kind of way. I didn't know she was writting book number nine, but it sounds pretty interesting. Considering the crazy blonde is gone by now and there is no more Allison drama or -A anymore, I'm curious to see what she's got planned for them.
I've been watching the series they're making out of the books on T.V., and I think they're ruining the story line. I mean, for those of you who really haven't read beyond the fourth or fifth book, what they're doing right now won't go well with that particular event. I know they have to make changes and all, but seriously? They killed Ian in the first season. And the Spencer/Toby romance? What are they thinking? Somehow I know the product is going to be the same, but I just think they should stick with what says on the books.
And if you haven't read the books, don't watch the show. That'd just ruin everything for you. Not to mention most of the story doesn't even match with the books.
Anyhow, if they hadn't decided to name and use the book Pretty Little Liars as a reference for publicity and story line, the show would probably be better. People just expect the show to be exactly like the books, I accept the fact that it's not alway like that, but they're messing up. Bad.
But, then again, that's just my opinion.

~G

#6 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

I'm equal. i like the books and the show.

I like the toby/spencer romance n the show but in the books toby's dead! haha

Cant wait to read more of the books. p.s. i ike maya +emily as a couple and

Im in love with ezra!!Hes sooooooooooooo cute. oh my god

#7 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

I like the toby/spencer romance n the show but in the books toby's dead! haha

oh my god i'm never going to watch the show now. Toby is supposed to be an evil creep. <_< :icon_eek: :icon_study:

#8 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

I love both the books and the show, though I haven't read Book 5 yet. They're both great in their own ways. I think the other thing with the changes is that I heard they went through the books EXTREMELY quickly so I guess they have to make some changes to keep the series going.

#9 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

These books had a great story! Even though at times they were a bit slow for me, they always seemed to pick right back up and get interesting again! I'm really curious about the new one "Twisted", I haven't gotten my hands on that one yet haha

#10 Debahuti

Debahuti

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

I've read them all. I loved them. I loved Emily so much. She was pretty cool. I didn't like Hanna though. She cared too much about what other people thought of her.

But when the show came on, i saw a couple of scenes and figured that they were not going by the books. That irritated me. I hate the show.

I totally agree with you.I read all the books and loved them.I really love books which have nail biting suspense and mystery and PLL had it all.I was curious to watch the show and I did watch quite a few episodes in the first season but when they started changing stuff drastically it really made me mad!!I mean why change a perfectly amazing story line?I hate the show so much..I absolutely detest changing story lines completely :mad:

#11 lena398:)

lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

so, i read more of it and then just stopped because the books were going like no where! hahah and the show is okay. sometimes it gets on my nerves thou because it's like we have to watch three seasons to get a small clue on who A is!lol

#12 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

so, i read more of it and then just stopped because the books were going like no where! hahah and the show is okay. sometimes it gets on my nerves thou because it's like we have to watch three seasons to get a small clue on who A is!lol

You know I agree with you on the books. I haven't seen much of the show, only the five episodes I think haha, but the books sometimes have felt like they were going no where. Expecially...SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!...they thought they have found A the first time, but it turned out not.

It felt like the next one and half books were about nothing almost. But for some reason I still find myself always getting that next book and seeing what happens haha. I still have the newest one on my book shelf, and still haven't read it, and the next one is already supposed to come out soon! It's like the author is only popping them out so that she can keep up with the TV show, since it's so popular right now.

Her other series, "The Lying Game", is pretty good though. The TV show is nothing like the books though, except that they are twins. But the books are so far keeping me pretty hooked. :icon_sunny:

#13 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

^^^^Actually, that's been the schedule all along. It's been a book every 6 months since the debut except there was a year between the 8th and 9th books, but that was because of The Lying Game series being released. Not only that, but she's written 2 adult novels in the meantime (one in 2009, and one in 2010). She's a writing machine!

I do love how they're doing the new covers. It's interesting to see how they'll package each set of 4 books because they have to be different but still similar. I love it!

#14 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

I saw only the show... Which do you think is better- the show or the book? Many of them hate the show...

#15 sierra rose

sierra rose

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

I watch the show and I like it :) never tried the books because I don't wanna get confused about people being dead and alive ! (Just my opinion)
In the show...
I don't really like Aria anymore she fakes a stupid smile almost Everytime and looks insane ! I pity her !
Hannah looks cute and Em and spence are good too.

#16 Debahuti

Debahuti

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

I have read all of the books till now and I would totally recommend them...the book series does seem never ending but I really love the twists and turns...they are definitely entertaining! :icon_biggrin:

#17 xoAstrid

xoAstrid

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

I haven't read the books--are they actually any good?

I really enjoy the show. I get the same tingly, freaked out feelings I used to get while reading Nancy Drew. I also think that the dialogue and characters are pretty good, considering the genre of the television show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users