Photo

Hunger Games

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Poll: Gale or Peeta? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Who did you want Katniss Everdeen to end up with?

1. Gale Hawthorne (17 votes [32.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.69%

2. Peeta Mellark (32 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. Other (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

I was replying to the topic of the trailer, not her opinion. Sorry if it came off as if I was putting her down! :(

@Nikki I found it was crammed into all one book, and there were too many sub-plots for one book and it brang up previous events which were long forgotten for me.

xoxo

It's ok, sorry if I sounded mean, I'm not I swear! I just really believe in everyone having a separate opinion. And I'm also a member on goodreads, and on that website I've noticed people get extremely mean to each other! Especially when it comes to the Twilight series, haha, I guess those books bring out a lot of pent up anger lol

#92 romanceluva11

romanceluva11

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

Sorry, I didn't see this board :)

#93 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

for all the hunger games fans: i have a fanfiction up here of it. its about finnnicckk!

read it here

-Nikki

#94 romanceluva11

romanceluva11

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

yay! The premiere tickets go on sale on Feb. 22nd :)

#95 Bookworm47

Bookworm47

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

oh my god i love the hunger game series! actually no. I only like the first book. that book was AMAZING. and then the second book was great but it was boring until chapter 12. once you get to chapter 12, it's super. okay...third book. it was...definitely not the best. i just really didn't like it. it was so boring and slow. and when you're reading it you can tell that the author was tired of writing this and she just wanted to get it over with. Well, i thought so anyway. But the first book is like my favorite book everrr. <33. so i would still recommend for people to read it. =] im extremely excited for the movie. hopefully it'll be as good as the books. :]
-lena <3

You are so right. But it was still insanly awesome!

#96 Bookworm47

Bookworm47

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

I was just wondering why everyone wanted Katniss to end up with Peeta? Just wondering. Personlly, I wanted her to be with Gale. I felt that Katniss wasn't really there anymore in the last pages of Mockingjay. Her strength, and tough personality, seemed to fade. Along with that, her thoughts about her life, and how she wanted it to be. And by the way, who thought Prim really didn't need to die and that Gale should have at least kept in touch. I still wonder what happended to him. Anyway....

#97 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

I havent read the Hunger Games! After reading so many novels this past year, I havent been able to pick up these novels because I read the synopsis and description of each novel on wikipedia and now they just dont sound interesting anymore.
Can anyone tell me what the main plot revolves around? Is is romance as well as dystopia?

#98 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

I havent read the Hunger Games! After reading so many novels this past year, I havent been able to pick up these novels because I read the synopsis and description of each novel on wikipedia and now they just dont sound interesting anymore.
Can anyone tell me what the main plot revolves around? Is is romance as well as dystopia?

Okay no. You must read at least the first one! I remember I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about at first because I thought it sounded weird from what i read of the summary but when I read it it wasn't like I had expected at all! And yes, It is also a romance as well as dystopian novel. :D

#99 Rosalie

Rosalie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

I was just wondering why everyone wanted Katniss to end up with Peeta? Just wondering. Personlly, I wanted her to be with Gale. I felt that Katniss wasn't really there anymore in the last pages of Mockingjay. Her strength, and tough personality, seemed to fade. Along with that, her thoughts about her life, and how she wanted it to be. And by the way, who thought Prim really didn't need to die and that Gale should have at least kept in touch. I still wonder what happended to him. Anyway....

Yeah, I agree! I actually like Katniss better with Gale than Peeta... Oh well

#100 Rosalie

Rosalie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm going to see the Hunger Games on Friday the 23rd at night! I can't wait!

#101 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Okay no. You must read at least the first one! I remember I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about at first because I thought it sounded weird from what i read of the summary but when I read it it wasn't like I had expected at all! And yes, It is also a romance as well as dystopian novel. :D

Okay, in that case I will check out the series :)

#102 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Pretty much have convinced my brother that, yes, he DOES want to go see the hunger games movie for his birthday ;P lol.

#103 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

I can't wait for the movie, I hope I'm recovered enough to go...

I love who they chose for Katniss, but I really dislike the rest of the casting. Peeta looks more like a Gale and Cato is, like, smaller than Peeta!

#104 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hmm. I quite love the casting.
I was a little upset when they announced Cinna though.
However, as long as they pull it off brilliantly, I don't care.

TWO WEEKS GUYS!
Are you pooping, cause I'm pooping.
sosososososososososo excited.

#105 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

I can't wait for the movie! I really didn't like the casting for Peeta at first but after reading several interviews with Josh he seems to really understand the character so I think he's gonna be great! Still dislike the one playing Gale though, I imagined Gale to have longer hair.

#106 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Gale looks way different than how I imagined him actually, I think they just wanted celebrity status, you know?

I don't really think it matters though, Gale isn't really in the first one that much.

#107 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

I NEED TO BUY TICKETS. WHAT AM I DOING.

I better be recovered enough to go see it.

#108 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

FINALLY read The Hunger Games, and woah, it was worth my time and the fact that I just finished now, at 1am when I couldve been sleeping. I didnt think that the survival scenes would be so good and it's so much like something Im familiar with- I think the book is brilliant and honestly cant wait to watch the movie! :D

But I read the synopsis' for the next two books in the series (I know, I read the one for Hunger Games and I was wrong, but still) and have decided not to read them because Katniss doesnt end up with the guy I like most. Even though I admit that the guy she does end up with is better for her, he's not the one I like most.

But maybe Ill just read it next year before the sequel movie comes out in November :)

#109 Rosalie

Rosalie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

oh my god I saw the Hunger Games and it was AMAZING!!! The camera moved really fast but other than that, it was sooo good! LOVE Prim <3
I also finished Catching Fire :)

#110 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

oh my god I saw the Hunger Games and it was AMAZING!!! The camera moved really fast but other than that, it was sooo good! LOVE Prim <3
I also finished Catching Fire :)

I saw the movie over the weekend and really enjoyed it, too. It totally made me want to read the books. Can't wait to see the sequels.

#111 Mia1234

Mia1234

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I love the hunger games! Got really disappointed by the movie though. The characters were not what I thought they would be like.

#112 Mia1234

Mia1234

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I love the hunger games! Got really disappointed by the movie though. The characters were not what I thought they would be like.

The books are way better but the books were hard to beat. They were Amazing. I liked catching fire the best. What is your favourite?

#113 iluvreading3

iluvreading3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I loved the movie! just because they got a few things wrong doesnt mean it was bad! Although I think they should have made it two parts, it felt rushed...

B

#114 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Saw the movie. Mm 'twas great. So what if they changed it around.

x

#115 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

I thought the movie was PPERFECTION.
Seriously. I mean obviously small things have to change, but they were preetty dang spot on with everything important. And everything they added that wasn't in the books was brilliant.

#116 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

has anyone heard of Battle Royale? apparently The Hunger Games and Battle Royale are very similiar.
Like VERY similiar, and people believe Suzanne Collins copied the storyline because BR was written in 1999.
anyone heard of it?

x

#117 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

^Yes, I actually have! I do think the storyline is REALLY similar, and that it's either a freak coincidence or she majorly copied. I could believe either.

xoxoArtemis

#118 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

^ah, i know! i think Battle Royale is definetaly aimed for more mature teens or older teens though, whilst Hunger Games is for the more pre-teen sorta tweeny audience. alot more people should read it, though, ive heard great things about the mangas, anime's and the movie.

x

#119 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

^I've heard it's WAY more graphic. Which is fine with me. I was, to say the least, a little disappointed with the lack of graphic violence in the Hunger Games movie (the book did a bit of a better job). I think it would have made a bigger impact that way.

Yes, I agree that it's aimed more toward adults than kids. I'll have to check it out sometime, instead of being lame and just reading about it...

xoxoArtemis

#120 jstar

jstar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

O my gosh love the hunger games have you read all three books? :lol: :lol: :D

#121 jstar

jstar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

o my gosh i love finnick he is the best!!!!! have you read all three books?

#122 jstar

jstar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

ya i wish KAtniss ended up with Finnick but Finnick goes with and is in :heartbeat: with annie. :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7:

#123 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

ya i wish KAtniss ended up with Finnick but Finnick goes with and is in :heartbeat: with annie. :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :m: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7:

Use spoilers, please.

x

#124 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

I JUST finished reading Catching Fire, and can't wait to read Mockingjay!!
(I know, I'm a few years behind other people when it comes to reading the latest, popular series! haha :P )

#125 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I barely started to read the book :icon_study: . I finished the 1st chapter. It was SO good!!!

I'm going to finish it!!!They say it's a good book. I haven't seen the movie though. :icon_mecry2: But I'm going to try to get it. -_- ^_^

#126 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

I wanted to vote in the poll at the start of this thread (Should Katniss end up with Gale or Peeta?), but I realized I just couldn't choose one of them! Anyone else feel the same way?

After I read the first book, I think I was leaning towards Peeta, since he is in that one way more than Gale is, but starting in the second book, we get to know more about Gale too. Gale is her best friend and they've known each other for years. Peeta is so sweet and funny, but Katniss probably wouldn't have even been friends with Peeta except that they both got chosen for the Hunger Games. And both being in the Games is an experience they both share now, so maybe that would make Peeta a better match for her. It's much easier for me to choose a guy when the book makes one seem like the perfect match while the other one is trouble, but ugh, I just can't decide between these two, they both are nice and seem good with Katniss! :unsure:

#127 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

I saw this person's board on pintrest that I thought was pretty cool.

Check it out: My link

#128 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

^ I checked it out!!! It was SO funny. Did you see the one that peeta talks to gale and is sort of coping the song Call me maybe?

Oh 2 more chapters and I'm done!!!!!
I'm LOVING it right now!!!!!!!!!
I'm trying to read super slow until I can get the second book in the library so I sort of have them you know together.

Some how I want Gale right now.
I like Peeta but he isn't Gale you know.
Well, I'm going to read all of the series so I can you know decide.

#129 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

Oh 2 more chapters and I'm done!!!!!
I'm LOVING it right now!!!!!!!!!
I'm trying to read super slow until I can get the second book in the library so I sort of have them you know together.

Some how I want Gale right now.
I like Peeta but he isn't Gale you know.
Well, I'm going to read all of the series so I can you know decide.

The books have a few references to things in the earlier books, so I think it makes them a little better if you read them back to back, so the details are still fresh in your mind!

Gale is in the last two books more than the first! ;)

#130 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

The books have a few references to things in the earlier books, so I think it makes them a little better if you read them back to back, so the details are still fresh in your mind!

Gale is in the last two books more than the first! ;)

Yes exactly!!!!Those were the words I wonted to say!!!

And good I can get to know Gale better.

#131 JSandATfan

JSandATfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm almost finished reading Mockingjay! I had a question about something that happens towards the end.

Spoiler

#132 clickstick7

clickstick7

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

TEAM PEETA!!!!!!!! no contest hear,people:) but we wont die in 2012. if we dont,YAY!!!! if we do,theres nothing i can do about it:)

#133 clickstick7

clickstick7

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

^I've heard it's WAY more graphic. Which is fine with me. I was, to say the least, a little disappointed with the lack of graphic violence in the Hunger Games movie (the book did a bit of a better job). I think it would have made a bigger impact that way.

Yes, I agree that it's aimed more toward adults than kids. I'll have to check it out sometime, instead of being lame and just reading about it...

xoxoArtemis

y artemis? yeah,shes a pretty kick-asphalt chick in the Percy Jackson series, and i would probably join if they...u know...existed:( but just curious:) and the quote is true.

#134 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

y artemis? yeah,shes a pretty kick-asphalt chick in the Percy Jackson series, and i would probably join if they...u know...existed:( but just curious:) and the quote is true.

I've always gone by Artemis online. ;) My real name is India, but an account I had on a different site was "Artemis," and the name just stuck with me. It's weird to me not to go by that online, I guess. xD

xoxoArtemis

#135 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Okay I finished it today!!!!
And got the other books (Catching Fire, Mockingjay)today.

God you don't know how many people want these book.Oh and the movie god 346?

I'm on chapter 4 on Catching fire. So awesome.
I read the last page of Mochingjay and....

Spoiler

So yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users