Photo

Hunger Games

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Poll: Gale or Peeta? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Who did you want Katniss Everdeen to end up with?

1. Gale Hawthorne (17 votes [32.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.69%

2. Peeta Mellark (32 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. Other (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 cellospice

cellospice

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

When I go home for Easter, I'm going to try to borrow the Hunger Games from him. It sounds like a great series!

#47 jessinia

jessinia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

It was such an addicting read for me. I just tore through them. First book only took me a day, I was so hooked. Then I got to the end--let me just say I wasn't expecting most of that--and I was so... depressed, you know? It was just so sad and I was completely drained of all emotion once I got through it. I'd been posting all my facebook statuses about how great the series was, but when I finished I was like, "Okay, so I honestly don't know if I recommend this series anymore." Did anyone else have that?

MY EXACT EMOTIONS. After I finished, I felt completely drained. O___O

I thought I was weird because of it because so many people were like, "They're just characters..."

BUT STILL.

Spoiler

Most sad books make me cry, but this one just made me... I don't even know. Turn me into a zombie.

Extremely well-written and made me sick.

Jess the Shocker :blink:

#48 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

I love The Hunger Games series but i'm not happy with it being turned into movie, i think it might just spoil the story <_<

#49 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

First look at Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. I've never read the books, but I think she looks great.

Article: http://popwatch.ew.c...look-exclusive/

Posted Image

#50 4evermediatorlover2010

4evermediatorlover2010

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

^^I love this cover! She looks awesome and I can't wait for the movie. I was going to post this pic here and in the movie forum but you beat me to it here. :spinstar:

#51 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

I wasn't sure about Jennifer Lawrence at first but she looks great as Katniss!

#52 Cockatoo

Cockatoo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

She makes a fantastic Katniss!

Can't wait for the movie, even if it is different from the book or whatever.

Amelia

#53 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:21 AM

Jennifer Lawrence is also going to be in the new X-Men movie :P I watched the trailer. She's good =D

#54 candycane

candycane

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

I loved the Hunger Games!

For four days straight, I read the whole series! I couldn't tear myself away from the series even when I was in class.

Although, I found the ending of Mocking Jay a bit far from what I'd expected it to be. It seemed to just leave me hanging.

As the story progressed, a part of me got a bit depressed that
Spoiler

#55 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

I got quite confused at the end of Mockingjay but then it all made sense, I loved the ending :)

#56 4evermediatorlover2010

4evermediatorlover2010

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

If you guys luv the Hunger Games, I recommend you listen to the HG Fireside chat. A hunger games podcast were they talk about everything to do with the hunger games. With guests from popular hunger game sites, like downwiththecapital.net. Go to blogtalkradio.com and search Fireside chat. You can also subscribe on iTunes for free. Tune in at 10 eastern time.

#57 4evermediatorlover2010

4evermediatorlover2010

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

^^I meant 10 p.m. on Mondays.

Edited by 4evermediatorlover2010, 06 June 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#58 4evermediatorlover2010

4evermediatorlover2010

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

This video just proves how much of an influence it is in the world. This is a parody of that new Britney Spears song. Enjoy! By the way, the line that just makes me laugh so hard is, "Such beautiful eyes. I'll bake you pie," :P

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HoHfCW-O2yA

#59 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

The Hunger Games trilogy was by far one of the most depressing sagas I've ever read - along with Cirque Du Freak.

So many people died that I did not expect to die and so many people I expected to die didn't - Suzanne Collins doesn't take people by the order they should be in...she doesn't kill off characters you think are going to die, but leaves some mystery in there a little bit...

Spoiler

#60 lexygirl1997

lexygirl1997

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

I loved the first two books but the only part i liked in the third book was epilouge

#61 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

This video just proves how much of an influence it is in the world. This is a parody of that new Britney Spears song. Enjoy! By the way, the line that just makes me laugh so hard is, "Such beautiful eyes. I'll bake you pie," :P

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HoHfCW-O2yA

That video is hilarious! :icon_lol:

#62 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

http://hungergamesmo...er-games-issue/
http://hungergamesmo...-katniss-peeta/

i know i didn't like the cast in the beginning, but they look so good here! i just have to admit it:P but they still look too old for gale, peeta and katniss :S

#63 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

The first teaser trailer will air on Sunday during the MTV VMA's.

#64 4evermediatorlover2010

4evermediatorlover2010

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

The first teaser trailer will air on Sunday during the MTV VMA's.

I was a lit disappointed, slept on it, and now I like it. I'm bipolar like that. :) I just fell in love with Rue's four note tune at the end. I downloaded a copy of it from iTunes.

Hey it was free!! :)

I can't wait!! I'm still gonna see the movie.

#65 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

I've only read the first book and REALLY liked it! I've been on the waiting list at the library for months for the second one haha. But I was SOOOO EXCITED for that teaser last night! Even though it was short, I think it gave us a taste, and looked amazing! The stadium is exactly how I imagined it to be! I'm really looking forward to the movie next year!

#66 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

Did anyone see the sneak peak to The Hunger Games? It's about 30 seconds long but they used the part where

Spoiler

And Jennifer Lawrence's hair was almost black :D

#67 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

It was amazing! I predicted it was just going to be Katniss running through the forest, but it was so amazing and excited I don;t even care.

I couldn't breathe while watching it. :P

I'm a little sad I didn't get to see Peeta. But all in good time, I suppose.

#68 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

It was amazing! I predicted it was just going to be Katniss running through the forest, but it was so amazing and excited I don;t even care.

I couldn't breathe while watching it. :P

I'm a little sad I didn't get to see Peeta. But all in good time, I suppose.

Haha I was the same way! I get so excited when I see a trailer for the epic books that get turned to movies haha. Like I would jump up with glee and my heart would be pounding every time I saw the new Harry Potter trailer, and even Twilight (Yes, I know many people don't like those, but I really do enjoy them ^^, guilty pleasure). And Hunger Games gave me that exciting feeling! :)

#69 cmachado

cmachado

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

I want to read that book! :D

#70 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

Okay. Question.

So I read hunger games (loved it), then read catching fire (liked it), and then got the last book as soon as it came out. And I read half of it, but could no longer stand it (sorry lol) so I stopped.

And I'm just wondering. I always liked Gale and hated Peeta with all my heart (sorry again lol) but were I to have finished the last book, would I have changed my mind? I mean, does something monumental happen that would make me love Peeta more than gale? My brother told me Gale does somethinganother bad, but he still liked Gale better (strange brother, you guys lol).

And I know who she ends up with and all, but still. Gale rocked the first 2books wayyy more than Peeta for me.

#71 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

D: YOU HATED PEETA!
Whoa. No way. I love Peeta with my life.
I like Gale too though. He does do something bad, sorta. But I still liked him.

And I love love love Peeta and Katniss together.

I think reading the ending is still worth it, because there is a lot more going on with the rebellion and everything that comes to a conclusion. And I think that's worth finding out.

#72 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

IM SORRY! lol. Hate may be too strong. I thought he was boring, I guess. Gale seemed more...better? :P

See, but I WANTED KATNISS AND GALE TOGETHER. but perhaps I'll change my mind when I read the whole thing *sigh* I suppose I should take it from the top with the first book and read through the whole series again... Or wait for the movie:) hehehe.

#73 Cockatoo

Cockatoo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

UGH Peeta sucked. He was such a wus, I was waiting the entire 3 books for him to man up.

Gale? He's just... Wow. He's sooo awesome.

The Peeta and Katniss thing pissed me off.

Amelia

#74 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

D: YOU HATED PEETA!
Whoa. No way. I love Peeta with my life.
I like Gale too though. He does do something bad, sorta. But I still liked him.

And I love love love Peeta and Katniss together.

I think reading the ending is still worth it, because there is a lot more going on with the rebellion and everything that comes to a conclusion. And I think that's worth finding out.

I'm with you, its Peeta all the way :)

#75 UberShweet

UberShweet

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

I loved it. I was a bit dissapointed with the ending though, I felt like it was a bit overdone, but all in all it was brilliant, I loved nearly all of it. And it's all been casted for the movie and stuff, Jennifer Hawkins (I think) is playing Katniss, you can even watch a snippet of a teaser trailer on youtube. It looks really good!

#76 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

I loved it. I was a bit dissapointed with the ending though, I felt like it was a bit overdone, but all in all it was brilliant, I loved nearly all of it. And it's all been casted for the movie and stuff, Jennifer Hawkins (I think) is playing Katniss, you can even watch a snippet of a teaser trailer on youtube. It looks really good!

Close! Jennifer Lawrence is playing Katniss haha

#77 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

I heard that Josh Hucherson is playing Peeta. That true?

#78 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

I heard that Josh Hucherson is playing Peeta. That true?

Acutally nevermind! I found it out!

LOOK!:

Posted Image

I'm so happy he's Peeta! I've been obsessed with him since Bridge to Terrabithia. <3

Though, I was actually kinda hoping for Alex Pettifer....

#79 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Oh and regarding the whole Peeta vs. Gale thing...

I'm with Peeta.

I didn't find Gale all that relevant to my interest. While I have nothing against him, I found Peeta more attractive and sensitive and all the other blah blah blah. I haven't read the last few chapters of the second book or any of the third for that matter so I don't really know how much Gale comes into play from then on. To me he isn't even in the 1st and 2nd books that much. Anyway, overall I thought Peeta's character was awesome. Not so sure about the relationship between him an Katniss though...It depressed me most of the time. But I still loved him!

Can't wait for the movie!

-MEG

#80 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

Acutally nevermind! I found it out!

LOOK!:

Posted Image

I'm so happy he's Peeta! I've been obsessed with him since Bridge to Terrabithia. <3

Though, I was actually kinda hoping for Alex Pettifer....

Oooh he looks awesome!! Even though I really think Alex is hot!! I don't know if he would be good for the role of Peeta, because I thought Peeta was described as shy and sort of weak at first. The reason he won, was because he was able to lay low really well, he wasn't used to fighting, since he worked in his parents bakery.

However, if anyone here's read The Mortal Instrument Series, like "City of Bones", "City of Ashes", and "City of Glass", then I really think Alex Pettyfer would have played a perfect Jace!! He was up for the role, but decided against it, and instead it went to Jamie Campbell Bower, supposedly, who I guess will be ok, but Alex would have been AMAZING!!

Sorry for the topic change haha. :)

#81 mopmare

mopmare

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

I love LOVE LoVe lOvE THE HUNGER GAMES SERIES- I cried at book when they finally found Peeta Mellark ansd then found out the full extent of what the Capitol had done to his memory of Katniss Everdeen.....:eusa_clap: :spinstar: :spinstar: :spinstar:
I hate the Capitol and PRESIDENT SNOW, Haymitch and Plucarch Heavensbee..................:mellow: .

LOL, my friend has just said that the hunger games is rubbish................:icon_mecry2:

HUNGER GAMES.

LET THE HUNGER GAMES COMMENCE..........................................................

#82 sannachi

sannachi

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Don't hurt me now but I really didn't like Hunger Games that much. I mean, sure I enjoyed the first book and even the second one was good but the last one? Not my kind of book. I hated the ending and I actually hated Peeta through the series. He was just so boring and too NICE. But I'm still excited about the movie!

-Susie

#83 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

Don't hurt me now but I really didn't like Hunger Games that much. I mean, sure I enjoyed the first book and even the second one was good but the last one? Not my kind of book. I hated the ending and I actually hated Peeta through the series. He was just so boring and too NICE. But I'm still excited about the movie!

-Susie

That's kind of exactly how I feel:) I can't wait for the movie, but I didn't like the direction the books went in.

#84 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

I saw the teaser trailer in the previews before Abduction. It was so cool!
I was with two of my friends who also love THG and we all squealed together, it was great. :)

#85 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:29 AM

I saw the teaser trailer in the previews before Abduction. It was so cool!
I was with two of my friends who also love THG and we all squealed together, it was great. :)

I thought the trailer sucked. Talk about boring.

Peeta's too innocent and good.

And the last book was terrible. I liked the first two, but the last one just disappointed me.

xoxo

#86 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

And the last book was terrible. I liked the first two, but the last one just disappointed me.

xoxo

We aren't supposed to put down other peoples answers here. She said she liked the trailer, and you said you don't, but that doesn't mean you have to reply to someone else who likes it, post your own comment next time please. I completely understand that others have their own opinions, but it sort of sounds like you were putting her opinion down, by saying "Talk about boring"....

#87 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

OBSESSED WITH THE HUNGER GAMES HERE. OBSESSED.
-Nikki

#88 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

xoxo

however so? i know how to explain the last book

-Nikki

#89 solique

solique

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:36 AM

We aren't supposed to put down other peoples answers here. She said she liked the trailer, and you said you don't, but that doesn't mean you have to reply to someone else who likes it, post your own comment next time please. I completely understand that others have their own opinions, but it sort of sounds like you were putting her opinion down, by saying "Talk about boring"....

I was replying to the topic of the trailer, not her opinion. Sorry if it came off as if I was putting her down! :(

@Nikki I found it was crammed into all one book, and there were too many sub-plots for one book and it brang up previous events which were long forgotten for me.

xoxo

#90 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

It's okay, I don't feel put down! :)

@Solique : I think that Mockingjay was my least favourite book, but I think I understand now why it had to be the way it was, and I still love passionately the trilogy as a whole. The first two books were flawless :)

And I respect you're opinion about Peeta, even though I love him so much. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users