Photo

Hunger Games

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Poll: Gale or Peeta? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Who did you want Katniss Everdeen to end up with?

1. Gale Hawthorne (17 votes [32.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.69%

2. Peeta Mellark (32 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. Other (3 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:37 AM

I was just wondering if anyone here has read the Hunger Games books by Suzanne Collins. If you have, we can discuss it here :hyper:

#2 SunnyRobot123

SunnyRobot123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

I love the hunger games!! i read the whole series in like 3 days :P and i cant wait for the movie its coming out sometime in 2013 but some people are saying its going come out early in like 2012.

:angel12: Kenzie :angel12:

Edited by SunnyRobot123, 31 January 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#3 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

^^ Oh yeah, I heard it's coming out in 2012. There was something about it on IMDb. But they haven't even started casting people, so I'm not sure =S

#4 SunnyRobot123

SunnyRobot123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, and it will take awhile to film it because of all the action in it.

#5 lena398:)

lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

oh my god i love the hunger game series! actually no. I only like the first book. that book was AMAZING. and then the second book was great but it was boring until chapter 12. once you get to chapter 12, it's super. okay...third book. it was...definitely not the best. i just really didn't like it. it was so boring and slow. and when you're reading it you can tell that the author was tired of writing this and she just wanted to get it over with. Well, i thought so anyway. But the first book is like my favorite book everrr. <33. so i would still recommend for people to read it. =] im extremely excited for the movie. hopefully it'll be as good as the books. :]
-lena <3

#6 lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

oh and i recently heard that it's coming out in 2013. just saying =]

#7 SunnyRobot123

SunnyRobot123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

Daaaaang we'll all be dead by then...nah im just kidding i dont believe in the whole "the world is ending" stuff, but still thats like 2 years away TWO YEARS!! i dont know if i can wait that long.

#8 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:24 AM

Two years is a LOOOOOOOOONG time -__-
And I have a feeling that they're going to change the story a lot. I want them to make one movie in all, not three, because I didn't like Mockingjay that much.
OH and I've sort of made a list of people I think can play Katniss, Peeta, Gale etc.

#9 lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

Two years is a LOOOOOOOOONG time -__-
And I have a feeling that they're going to change the story a lot. I want them to make one movie in all, not three, because I didn't like Mockingjay that much.
OH and I've sort of made a list of people I think can play Katniss, Peeta, Gale etc.

i didn't like Mockingjay either. and catching fire was okay, still good though. The first book is amazing though. :) didn't they already have the auditions for the Hunger Games? I don't know...

#10 bookworm_freak

bookworm_freak

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

It was such an addicting read for me. I just tore through them. First book only took me a day, I was so hooked. Then I got to the end--let me just say I wasn't expecting most of that--and I was so... depressed, you know? It was just so sad and I was completely drained of all emotion once I got through it. I'd been posting all my facebook statuses about how great the series was, but when I finished I was like, "Okay, so I honestly don't know if I recommend this series anymore." Did anyone else have that? Still, I'm interested to see how the adaptation to film goes, who gets casted, the changes they make, stuff like that.

#11 Sapphireshell19

Sapphireshell19

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

oh my god i love the hunger game series! actually no. I only like the first book. that book was AMAZING. and then the second book was great but it was boring until chapter 12. once you get to chapter 12, it's super. okay...third book. it was...definitely not the best. i just really didn't like it. it was so boring and slow. and when you're reading it you can tell that the author was tired of writing this and she just wanted to get it over with. Well, i thought so anyway. But the first book is like my favorite book everrr. <33. so i would still recommend for people to read it. =] im extremely excited for the movie. hopefully it'll be as good as the books. :]
-lena <3

I have to agree. I've read all three books (took me three days to read them all... when I should have been studying, hehehe 'hangs head'), but I have to say the first one was my favourite of them all. It really was amazing! The second one wasn't too bad, but you're right, it was really, really boring til chapter 12 and even afterwards it seems to have lost something really special that the first book had by this point. And book three, 'sighs' Suzanne Collins really did seem to be tired of writing the series and just wanted it finished. I just didn't feel the same connection that I felt with the characters in the first two books. I was a tad disappointed, but overall I enjoyed the series and yeah, everyone should give it ago.

#12 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

First was AMAZING. Second Was GREAAAAAT. Third... Well... It WAS good but... it wasn't as amazing as the books before it. This one was more... I dunno, bland? Katniss really didn't do anything in the last one and that kinda pissed me off... A. LOT.

#13 fat_louie_is_my_hero

fat_louie_is_my_hero

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I love these!!! Well, the first two. I haven't gotten to the third one yet. But I thought it was interesting through out the whole thing. Even before chapter 12. I don't know, I guess I'm weird. Or that I totally love Katniss and Peeta :cat:

All I know is that I totally want to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow now :3

Em :cat:

#14 apple585

apple585

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:06 AM

I looooove the books- but definitely prefer the first book! However, my fave character is Finnick Odair...<3 Katniss and Peeta are perfect for each other, Peeta is just too sweet! But maybe I'm just saying that because I love Gale ;)

#15 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

Game on! Lionsgate has announced to EW that The Hunger Games, the highly anticipated adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ futuristic YA thriller about scrapper Katniss Everdeen and her fight to survive a brutal reality TV contest, will be released on March 23, 2012. Director Gary Ross recently revealed to EW that he aims to go into production of the first installment of Collins’ trilogy later this spring.

^^ This was on EW's website. Luckily, 23rd march also happens to be my birthday!!! :hyper:

#16 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

yeah it was kind of went... limp . so anticlimactic but WTH . it was really a good book and i also found some books who followed its genre and style . i bought the books and i can't help re-reading them all over again. BUT not as much as i've read the mediator series . i still LOVE :heartbeat: :heartbeat: mediator ! :icon_flower:

#17 lacey

lacey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

I hate Peeta and Katniss together!
Peeta is so boring and dull!
I thought Katniss should have ended up with Finnick or something, but definetely not Peeta.
In the first book I thought Peeta was just you know, "playing the game".
And I hated how Suzanne Collins killed Rue. I was like, so sad after that.
I read the whole series, and the last one was so... bland.
Not exciting, not happy, not sad, not funny..just... bland.

~Lacey

#18 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

I liked the first two but the last one was so bland. And I also hate Peeta and Katniss together. Peeta is just so boring. Gale <3

#19 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

yes but peeta is a realy sweet guy... uh too sweet he almost seemed gay :icon_geek:

#20 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Can't wait for the movie... :(
Anyway, who do you think should be in the cast? I'd like to see Robert Downey Jr as Haymitch, but Haymitch isn't the main character and RD Jr is a big star and all -_-

#21 lacey

lacey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

I don't know who could play Katniss. I always imagined Peeta, despite his blonde hair and blue eyes, kind of weird and pasty guy. As in girls wouldn't give him a second glance.
At the end book, Catching Fire, You could totally tell Suzanne had gotten bored and didn't know what to do with the end.

And Gale sounds hot :love7:

~Lacey

#22 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Rumors abound that Jennifer Lawrence is the front runner to play Katniss.

http://hollywoodcrus...e-hunger-games/

http://www.laineygos...es_02mar11.aspx

#23 lacey

lacey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

Rumors abound that Jennifer Lawrence is the front runner to play Katniss.

http://hollywoodcrus...e-hunger-games/

http://www.laineygos...es_02mar11.aspx

Jennifer Lawrence?! She looks nothing like Katniss! She doesn't even have black-brown hair!
I always imagined Katniss with porcelain features and big-ish eyes.

Lacey :icon_flower:

#24 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Looks like Jennifer Lawrence will be playing Katniss. I wonder who will play Peeta and Gale. While I've never read the books, I'm interested in the casting of this movie.

http://www.mtv.com/n...ger-games.jhtml

#25 admin-lauren

admin-lauren

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

mockingjay.net has a nice picture of her with brown hair. If Suzanne Collins says yes, I have to agree. These are probably one of my most favorite series. Peeta has to be awesome though.

#26 admin-lauren

admin-lauren

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

I hate Peeta and Katniss together!
Peeta is so boring and dull!
I thought Katniss should have ended up with Finnick or something, but definetely not Peeta.
In the first book I thought Peeta was just you know, "playing the game".
And I hated how Suzanne Collins killed Rue. I was like, so sad after that.
I read the whole series, and the last one was so... bland.
Not exciting, not happy, not sad, not funny..just... bland.

~Lacey

yes but peeta is a realy sweet guy... uh too sweet he almost seemed gay :icon_geek:

Would it matter if he was homosexual? But Rue had to die, just like the rest of them. When Peeta and Katniss defied The Capital with the berries, they weren't making a statement--they took it as that way. Think about what message about War and the effects it has on people Collins is making through these books. Yes they are kick ass and enjoyable but there's a deeper meaning. And Peeta/Gale/Katniss? It's just as exciting as Jesse/Suze/Paul!

#27 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

Jennifer Lawrence talks about her coveted role:

http://insidemovies....s-hunger-games/

Director Gary Ross talks about casting Jennifer:

http://insidemovies....nifer-lawrence/

#28 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

I like Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. I think she will do well (:

And as for Mockingjay being bland, I think that was kinda the point.
She wanted to show the effect war has on kids. And it basically destroys them.

And I didn't find Peeta boring at all! Loved him!

#29 lacey

lacey

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

Jennifer Lawrence is Katniss!?

Katniss is meant to be a shy-away-from-the-camera person. How a blonde bombshell in her 20's is going to pull it of, I don't know.

LACEY<3

#30 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

What do you think? Who should play Jennifer Lawrence's mentor in The Hunger Games?

http://www.people.co...0475112,00.html

#31 Venus

Venus

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

Jennifer Lawrence is Katniss!?

Katniss is meant to be a shy-away-from-the-camera person. How a blonde bombshell in her 20's is going to pull it of, I don't know.

LACEY<3

Agreed.

-Nicole

#32 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

Wow. I really don't see her as the blond bombshell type. And even if I did, it's called acting for a reason guys.
Give her a chance!

And on that note, Peeta and Gale have been cast.
Josh Hutcherson (The Kids are all Right) for Peeta, and Liam Hemsworth (The Last Song) for Gale.

I again suggest an open mind!
And I really like Josh as Peeta, I think he will be great (:
Though Liam is not really what I pictured, he wasn't awful in the last song. And Plus, he isn't seen much in THG anyhow.

#33 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

I thought Josh Hutcherson did a good job in the movie The Kids Are All Right. I know who Liam Hemsworth is, but I've never seen him act before.

#34 Venus

Venus

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:26 AM

I've Never Seen Jennifer Lawrence Act Before.

Wasn't Josh Hutcherson In Journey To The Centre Of The Earth?

I Just Don't Think Jennifer Could Play A 16-Year-Old, Considering She's In Her 20's And All. But Maybe She Could Pull It Off. I'm Just A LIttle Doubtful :/

-Nicole

#35 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Suzanne Collins's thoughts on the casting of Peeta and Gale below. That is pretty neat that Suzanne got to see Josh audition.

http://insidemovies....ale-statements/

#36 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

I've Never Seen Jennifer Lawrence Act Before.

Wasn't Josh Hutcherson In Journey To The Centre Of The Earth?

I Just Don't Think Jennifer Could Play A 16-Year-Old, Considering She's In Her 20's And All. But Maybe She Could Pull It Off. I'm Just A LIttle Doubtful :/

-Nicole

I agree with you. I can't see why they choose Jennifer. But never sen her act so she can be good...You never know.
Josh was in Journey to the centre of the earth and I loved him in it!

-Sam

#37 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

Most teens on tv shows and movies are in their twenties in reality. If they were actually teens, they would look twelve on screen.

I have no doubt she can pull off sixteen.

#38 xx--KitKat

xx--KitKat

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

Most teens on tv shows and movies are in their twenties in reality. If they were actually teens, they would look twelve on screen.

I have no doubt she can pull off sixteen.

I don't either. People need to get over her looks. Everyone's freaking out because she doesn't look like what they imagined. They can't seem to get that it's not necessarily about looks, more of how well they can pull off the character in acting. Just when they choose Prim, they should probably pick someone slightly older to match with Jen's age. Like between the ages of thirteen and fifteen. A twelve year-old would be too young. But she should be shorter than Jen, but not too much because in the second book, it says she's grown almost as tall as Katniss. KW for Primrose!

#39 FancyPants

FancyPants

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Jennifer Lawrence might make a good Katniss. Lets just remain hopeful and hope that they don't rate it 15+ 'cause then I won't be able to go the cinema and watch it :/

Amelia :mgicecream:

#40 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

They would never ^
Too many fans are 14 and under.

#41 FancyPants

FancyPants

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

Oh, thank goddd.
I heard somewhere they wanted to rate it R18+ 'cause of too much violence or something and I'm just like NOO!

Amelia :mgicecream:

#42 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Hey um heres kind of a stupid question. Is hunger games good i want ot read them but i want some kind of recomenddation from somebody thanks

#43 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

HUNGER GAMES IS AMAZING! <3
READ IT!

#44 fat_louie_is_my_hero

fat_louie_is_my_hero

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

I really love how it's in present tense. I makes the story pop. I still can't wait to read the last one -__-

Em :cat:

#45 CracKing97

CracKing97

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

I've heard the Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress, so maybe she can pull Katniss off.
But I'm still don't like the cast much. Jennifer and Liam are BLOND and Josh brunette -___-
I can just hope that they change the hair colours, but I don't think they will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users