Photo

Nicholas Sparks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Fave Nick Book (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Fave Nicolas Book

1. The last Song (9 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

2. Dear John (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. A walk to remember (4 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

4. The notebook (6 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

I love Nicolas. What do you think of him? PLease its an open post ANYBODY write even if youve just seen on of the movies

I love the last song and Dear John.

#2 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

I've only read one and it was 'A Walk To Remember'. That was so sad!!

But I plan to read more of his in the further. Doesn't he have a new one? 'Safe Haven'?

-Cheyenne

#3 star.girl

star.girl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

I love Nicholas as well.
and my favorite is definitely 'The Last Song'
I don't think I've ever cried as much as I did while reading that book, NEVER in my life, haha. :$

#4 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

Love him <3

I've read The Last Song, Dear John, The Notebook, and A Walk to Remember. All were. So. Good. :)

I'm not sure I could ever choose a favorite...but they all made me cry. Ha ha.

#5 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

i LOVE The Notebook.

gets me every time

-Nikki

#6 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:18 AM

i read the notebook and the wedding I cried like a baby in both
same with dear john although i was kinda happy that John didn't die in the movie , ( this might be because of my secret leetle crush on Channing Tatum )

#7 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

Ive only read the last song but i want to read more any suggestions.

#8 SunnyRobot123

SunnyRobot123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

I love Nicholas Sparks, ive read almost every one of his books. I cant decide which is my favorite but i really liked The Last Song and The Guardian and True Believer (and the sequel At first sight) Ahhh im rambling. Oh and i dont know if any of you have noticed but a lot of his characters are named after his kids.

:angel12: Kenzie :angel12:

#9 celinali

celinali

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

I really love Nicholas Sparks, but sometimes I find his books quite similar. Though, I stil read them becasue they are lovely! I cried like a baby when I read the last chapters in The Notebook, it was so sad and well written!

#10 brunette7856

brunette7856

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

I can honestly say that I did not like the movie The Notebook, but reading the book (first a condensed version and then the whole thing) made me ALMOST cry. And A Walk To Remember just tore my heart...I mean poor Jamie and Landon.

Overall I must say, I like his soppy books; even though I usually don't like the drama. Hearts out to you Mr Sparks because you are one good writer. :heartbeat:

#11 16_dancing_monkeys

16_dancing_monkeys

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:58 AM

Unfortunately, i have only read The Last Song, but i truly loved it.

I am definately going to read the rest of his books.

The Last Song was just amazing. I almost started crying during history class because i was reading it during classes!! :icon_mecry2:

I love the emotion that has been injected into it and the love and the passion.

since i read the book before watching the movie (i didnt want the movie to ruin the book for me) i didnt like the film adaption- it missed out so much, i imagined the cast being different and i expected more from it... i even started yelling at the TV cos some of the stuff was way wrong :angry: :icon_geek:
But to tell you the truth- i started crying when it was the funeral, while my friends (who hadnt read the book) just laughed at me :icon_geek:

I much preferred the book over the movie. (but i did still enjoy the movie)

GO NICHOLAS SPARKS!!! WOO :eusa_clap: :hyper:

#12 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

A walk to remember was my first...so somehow, I think it will always be my favorite. But Dear John was good too. So was The notebook! Read The Choice as well...and some more.

Nearly cried when I finished reading A message in a bottle. :icon_mecry2:

#13 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

its kind of weird though all his books have a sad element going on .

#14 16_dancing_monkeys

16_dancing_monkeys

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

its kind of weird though all his books have a sad element going on .

but he writes them so well

#15 texasgirl_sarah02

texasgirl_sarah02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

I love his books!!! the last song was so good and yes i did cry. I couldnt put dear john down. True believer and at first sight are really good books and i cant wait for the movie to come out. I cry when i read his books. My next books are lucky one and a bend in the road.

#16 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

I like Nicholas Sparks, long as I read his books sparingly. One time I was stuck at my grandmas for spring break with nothing but the complete collection of Nicholas Sparks books. It gets depressing if you read them all a once....Why does he always have to kill someone off? :icon_mecry2:

#17 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

I love 'The Notebook' and 'A Walk to Remember'! I haven't read the others but I will when I have enough time.

#18 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:54 AM

I watched all of the four movies but I was only able to read Dear John. But of course, A Walk To Remember is my favorite and I'm planning to read it this summer. :)

#19 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

I just finished reading The Choice and it was the first one of his books I didn't like. It was just too...weird maybe?

#20 16_dancing_monkeys

16_dancing_monkeys

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

finished reading The Notebook... so sad, but so fantastic... i cried about 3 times in the end, a wonderful piece of work :icon_mecry2: :icon_study: :eusa_clap: :)

#21 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Nicholas Sparks is such a romantic writer! I LOVE his books! They have never disappointed me! What I have always wondered if he is as romantic with his own wife, as his characters are...haha :)

#22 TPenny

TPenny

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

Love Nicholas Sparks' books! I've read a lot of them, but somehow had missed The Rescue. So, I finally, recently read it & it was fantastic! However, I cried or teared up through most of the book, but it was so good!

#23 kimberlyann

kimberlyann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

A Walk to Remember was the first N.S. book I read, and since then I have been drawn in book after book. However, I too feel he has a pattern to his writing. I guess it's his niche, he does it so well!!
The Guardian was a little different for me, and I enjoyed the change of pace. Also, he added the dog element, and being a pet lover myself, I thoroughly enjoyed that bit.

The following is my review/ opinion on the releast of Nicholas Sparks' newest release, The Best of Me Mr. Sparks' newest:

In the fall of 1984, high school students Amanda Collier and Dawson Cole fell deeply, irrevocably in love. Though they were from opposite sides of the tracks, their love for one another seemed to defy the realities of life in the small town of Oriental, North Carolina. But as the summer of their senior year came to a close, unforeseen events would tear the young couple apart, setting them on radically divergent paths.

Now, twenty-five years later, Amanda and Dawson are summoned back to Oriental for a funeral. Neither has lived the life they imagined . . . and neither can forget the passionate first love that forever changed their lives. Forced to confront painful memories, the two former lovers soon realize that everything they thought they knew-about themselves and the dreams they held dear-was not as it seemed. And in the course of a single, searing weekend, they will ask of the living, and the dead: Can love truly rewrite the past?

(Taken from wwww.Barnesandnoble.com)

OF COURSE unforseen events are going tot ear the young couple apart!!! Shhh duh! In the Caronlinas? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. It's never been done!!! Brilliant!! Bravo!

However, didn't you already write a novel about youngins from the opposite sides of the tracks falling in love ? I think there was even a movie... Uh huh. And was it set in the Carolinas? Hmm.. or maybe that was one of your other books set in the Carolinas about two lovers being torn apart by unforseen events that tend to appear in the second half of your novels....

Man- you get me. Somehow you hook us. We know that your writing is very methodical. In fact, I like to think of them as romance/ tragedy plug and chug mad libs novels... Plug in a cute meet, plug in a few chapters on background, plug in a romance that makes any girl ( including myself) swoon, and then BAm! Plug in tragedy...

Wrap everything up and ta-dah!!! - A Nicholas Sparks novel.

Give it 12 weeks on the bestsellers list and they'll be contracting Miley Cyrus to star.... then... plug and chug chick flick ....find hunky austrailian actor, because accents make women swoon instantly and you've got yourself a male lead.

*note male lead must be tanned, tall - basically anyone who could potentially resemble an Olympic swimmer and or water polo hottie and you've got yourself a smash summer hit I'll be forced to spend $8.00 on ...(possibly $16, depending on how good looking the guy is and how much it [the movie] makes me cry)

Why am I babbling about Sparks? Well, I was browsing the "coming soon" section on Barnes and Noble.com and came across Mr. Sparks' latest, and as much as his "talent" aggravates me, it still draws me in ( that and his exceptional cover art). At least I won't be surprised by the BIG GIANT TWIST that tears the lovers apart....

#24 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

^

I totally agree with you, haha. Despite the fact that they're so similar, you can't help but love them all. :P I'm pretty sure it would annoy the heck out of me that all his novels take place in North Carolina, weren't for the fact that it's where I live. :)

He does manage to convey so much emotion seemingly effortlessly through his writing, which is probably what I admire most about his novels. I guess he sticks with romance since it's the most emotional you can probably get, but I do wish he would write something a little different, just because his writing is so pretty and I would read anything else by him. :)

#25 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

I adore Nicholas Sparks. His books and films are so good. Can't help but cry each time :P

x
Saphy

#26 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

While in Europe, I read The Guardian, The Choice, Safe Haven, The Lucky One, A Bend in the Road, and The Rescue, all by Nicholas Sparks.

I swear, they all made me teary, and I never get emotional about books.

His writing is really powerful, and his characters always go through so much that by the end, you just want them settled and everything worked out.

But I like the fact they are all so realistic and full of events that happen to a lot of people everyday- I like the fact that they show that the word isnt all flowers and butterflies.

:heartbeat: Suze

#27 MusicAngel

MusicAngel

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

just read The Last Song again :P I've got loads of new books to read, but I just love that book so much

#28 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

I still havent read The Last Song, A Walk To Remember and The Notebook, even though Ive got them at home!

I think it's because Ive watched the movies, so I dont want my opinions to change or to see the novels differently and start comparing, because the movies were pretty good- especially The Notebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users