• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

Harry Potter needed a forum. Favourite book? Scene? Thoughts on the last chapter of the last book? Favourite character? And thoughts on the movie?

#2 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

Yes, YES!
This is a total win.

LOVE HARRY POTTER! :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
Deathly Hallows was friggin perfect

#3 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

My parents wouldn't lte me go see the midnight premier, because of school :( but we saw it yesterday.

Spoiler

My friend was saying that someone he knew went to the midnight premier and fell asleep 20 minutes in! How?!

Oh, also,

Spoiler

#4 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

When did it look like twilight (I haven't seen twilight). I have decided to reread the books. I love this series and when I have children I am seriously calling one Hermione, because she is pure awesome. I love how she transforms to geeky to this kick ass chick.

Spoiler

#5 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:07 AM

Spoiler

#6 koolkat_1500

koolkat_1500

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

I saw it on Friday. Yeah, i thought it was really sad when Hermione has to erase her parents memories. Especially when she disappeared from all the pictures they had of her. I loved the bit where Nagini came out of Bathilda. Very well done.

#7 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

I actually a bit sick of Harry Potter. Especially since I was dissapointed with the ending epilogue.

#8 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

I could never be sick of Potter.

Spoiler

#9 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

At the end my friend was like part two right now. I dont why they split it they could have done it in one big ten with a twenty minute intermission if need be.

Rereading the books now. In the first one they are all so cute. Hermione is portrayed as such a geek and I like how Ron pretends to hate her.

#10 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hahahah, Ron :heartbeat:
silly boy.

I wish they had made all one big 6 hour long movie. But of course, they make more money this way. As if the Potter franchise needs more money ;)

#11 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

I am rereading the books? What is your favourite book people? SO hard to pick but probably the 5th. Plus apprantly the first book philsopher's stone has a different name in the USA. Does anybody know what it is and why they did it?

Spoiler

#12 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

I went to see the movie on the 17th, and I liked it a lot, But I was sad two of my favorite scenes in the book (so far) weren't in the movie.

Spoiler

#13 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

I think my favourite book was the fourth one. It was also my favourite movie.
Except in that movie all the boys had nasty long hair. It drove me nuts.

#14 Will_Wagner_luvr

Will_Wagner_luvr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

OH MY GOD DEATHLY HALLOWS = EPIC!

#15 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

I think I'm going to go see it again tomorrow. It's cheap movie day in my country! three bucks or less!

#16 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

How does everyone think the book compared to the movie?

#17 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

How does everyone think the book compared to the movie?

The left out a few important things

Spoiler

I know they aren't actually all that important, but it's those things that make the story better, if you ask me...

But I really enjoyed it.

Also, the deaths were much sadder then Dumbledore.

#18 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

Really? I thought Dumbledores death was the most sad so far. When everyone lifts their wands, and most of them are crying. And it was all quiet. It killed me. I cry every time.

I think the one thing I wish was in the movie would have to be Ginny and Neville. They were showed briefly on the train, but that was it! I think it would have been good to see how things were at Hogwarts. It would have been good to see how downhill it went. With Snape as Headmaster and the death eaters as teachers.

Plus, more Neville. :heartbeat:

#19 LifeWithBooks

LifeWithBooks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

I love HP! It's my favorite series to date. I don't really have a favorite book (they r all really good!).
I also loved the movie, hp7 part 1, and found it to b very close 2 the book, which made it my favorite hp movie.
Of course there were some things taken out...but lets not ruin the mood ;)

2 questions about the series:
1. When did u first start reading the books?
2. Do u or do not want J.K Rowling to write another book(s) about Hogwarts/The wizarding world? (Doesn't have to b about Harry!)

thank u 4 answering! <3 Harry <3

Edited by LifeWithBooks, 26 November 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#20 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

2. Do u or do not want J.K Rowling to write another book(s) about Hogwarts/The wizarding world? (Doesn't have to b about Harry!)

1. I was 17 and a Freshman in College. I remember I told my Daddy this book I needed for class cost a bit more than it did and used some lunch money to buy the first book. Then I spend all of my weekly lunch/bus money on HP2 and HP3. Then my Mom gave me book 4 as a pressie because it was more expensive than the first three and my lunch money was insufficient.

It means a lot to me, this series. I started reading it a couple months before my Gran died, I was reading book 4 when it happened, I think. Such a sad time. Oddly enough, the first fun thing we did as a family after my Gran was gone was seeing the first movie, it came out three weeks after funeral.

2. I would like her to write more! of course, but maybe not about Harry, Ron and Hermione. I would love to read about the Marauders Era (it was my area of expertise Fanfiction wise). Or maybe about their kids. The problem is that you might run into a Star Wars Expanded Universe situation!

#21 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

I started reading Harry Potter when I was 6. Yes I was a geek. Mum had started reading it to me but then she had to go somewhere. I went and saw my Grandma but she was saying all the words wrong. My uncle started reading it but stopped after half an hour. My Dad was studying for university and I have no older brothers or sisters. So i read basically the end of Philospher's stone (sorcerer's stone) at 6. Nerd alert.

I read the second and third was I was seven or eight but didn't read the fourth and fifth until I was eight. I read the sixth and seventh as soon as they came out (when I was eight and eleven I think.)

I do not want JK Rowling to write any more books because there is no way they will ever live up to HP. She has no reason to do it financially, so why should she? Yes she can write but I dont want it published.

I do have her tales of beedle the bard and Quidditch through the ages, but they aren't really other books are they? They are Harry Potter.

Ran

#22 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

I think I read the first book around grade four.
So how old is that? Nine?

Wow, that feels so young!

#23 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

I think I read the first book around grade four.
So how old is that? Nine?

Wow, that feels so young!

When the last movie ends it will be like the end of my adolescent or something like that. We grew up with Harry. Who thinks they will put the last chapter of the book into the last movie?

#24 lisset

lisset

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

ummm...i don't know
because there might be
another harry potter

#25 papercut

papercut

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

I do have her tales of beedle the bard and Quidditch through the ages, but they aren't really other books are they? They are Harry Potter.

Ran

There is magical beasts and where to find them thats good too

LOVE RON!!!!!

GIVING AWAY LOTS OF THE MOVIE HERE@!!!!!!

love dobby's line where he's like
"not kill, but mame, or seriously injure!"

or

when harry and Ginny are full on making out in the kitchen (harry's short!)

and george walks in and gets a drink and sits there and just watches!!

i was loling my pants!!!

inside joke!!

also love when hermionie and Ron are playing piano

and Danial radcliff CANNOT dance for anything!!!!

that part was really awkward!!!

all the girls in the movies were laughing their butts off!

guys were dead silence!!

said too much and don't know how to do the spoiler thingy!!

sorry

mel :)

will always love rupert Grint

although his parents could have givin him and better name but love him none the less!!

love how he has manned up!!!

this is kinda stalkerish but i know he has a ORange land rover with black wheels (lol)

and he also has an ice cream van but it only has one seat and sometimes he'll park it and he'll come back and kids will be lining up beside it!!!

i'm not stalkerish at all

i just like TOp Gear!!!!

he can drive FAST

FASTER

than dumbledore

and dumbledore has a corner named after him

(Gambon last corner!)

#26 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

The last chapter is going to be in the movie.
They are actually having a re shoot for those scenes, I'm pretty sure.

Dan Radcliff is very short. I don't like him and Ginny at all in the movies. Can't stand them actually. Love them in the books, but not in the movies.

#27 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

^^Dan does look kind of short.
I think Emma is taller than him...

I don't feel the chemistry between Ginny and Harry in the movies, actually. I think that so far they have played it more for chemistry between Harry and Hermione... or maybe just Dan and Emma get along better and it shows?

#28 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

^
It's like Harry/Herione have chemistry without even trying. I always noticed that in the movies. It all started in the third one.

#29 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

^^^
Yeah, I think that in an interview Emma says she's very comfortable with Dan because he's very chatty, so she always knows what he's thinking. But that Rupert is more quiet (so kissing him was a bit more mortifying because she wasn't sure what he was thinking).

#30 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

^
Haha, I didn't even see that kiss coming! It's been awhile since I've read Deathly Hallows.
That kiss was a million times better than the Harry/Ginny kiss.

#31 on*the*radio*

on*the*radio*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

I started reading when I was 10-11. I remember I was on my vacation, on the beach, and I saw some shelves on the sidewalk, full of harry potter's books. And I asked my daddy to buy it. He didn't buy (he doesn't like to buy books!). So in the last day of vacation he gave me the money that I needed :D
So I grew up with Harry, now I'm older than him (according to the movies). But when the last book came out, I was 16-17, just like him ^_^

2. I would like her to write more! of course, but maybe not about Harry, Ron and Hermione. I would love to read about the Marauders Era (it was my area of expertise Fanfiction wise). Or maybe about their kids. The problem is that you might run into a Star Wars Expanded Universe situation!

I agree, I'm crazy about the Marauders Era. J.K. already said that she won't write about it, because she isn't George Lucas. But I believe that nothing is impossible in this world, and who knows, someday she can change her mind.
I think we're very curious about the Marauders Era because J.K didn't write much about it, so there're a lot of questions unanswered. It's a little like a mistery, haha

Tami

#32 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

Kylie - Agreed
Even though they both looked a bit spooky!!!

Tami - YAY! someone gets my Expanded Universe references!!
Also, the burning question I have about the Marauders Era is: how come NO ONE mentioned that Lily and Severus were friends?
At least Slughorn should have known. And their classmates? They should have know, at least some. in Snape's memories it shows that at least the girls of her dorm knew they were friends, so, how come no one ever says anything?

#33 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

^ Haha, yes. Very spooky. It was a wonderful effect.

It's been awhile since I've read the books, but didn't Lily really not like James at first?
I want to know when that started chaning. Or does it say?

#34 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

^ Haha, yes. Very spooky. It was a wonderful effect.

It's been awhile since I've read the books, but didn't Lily really not like James at first?
I want to know when that started chaning. Or does it say?

Yeah, she thought he was a show off.
She was friendly with Remus because they were the Griffindor perfects of their year. She didn't get along with James until they were both in 7th Year and they were Head Boy and Head Girl together.

#35 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

They were head boy and head girl together?
aweee, cute! See, I don't even remember that!

#36 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

I tried to reread by books but due to my new illness reading is really hard. I couldn't understand anything. I am reading my brother's books and he is a toddler, no joke.

Anyway, due to my illness I am not going to school today. Might watch some Harry Potter.

#37 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

They were head boy and head girl together?
aweee, cute! See, I don't even remember that!

Yup! I remember from book 5- =)

#38 on*the*radio*

on*the*radio*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

That's ok people don't know that Snape loved Lily, but they knew they were close friends.
Dumbledore knew. Sirius knew. Remus knew. I'm pretty sure that Slughorn also knew.
But nobody didn't even tell Harry about it. I don't know why, since it needed not be a secret, right?

I also remember about the head boy and head girl thing.
But why did Dumbledore choose James to be the head boy?
We don't know much about him, but we know he wasn't an outstanding student.
Maybe he could get good grades, but his behavior wasn't good.
Why did Dumbledore choose him if Lupin was there?
I didn't get it :icon_redface:

#39 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

Has anybody else heard that Dumbledore was gay and had a relationship with Grimwald?

#40 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

That's ok people don't know that Snape loved Lily, but they knew they were close friends.
Dumbledore knew. Sirius knew. Remus knew. I'm pretty sure that Slughorn also knew.
But nobody didn't even tell Harry about it. I don't know why, since it needed not be a secret, right?

I also remember about the head boy and head girl thing.
But why did Dumbledore choose James to be the head boy?
We don't know much about him, but we know he wasn't an outstanding student.
Maybe he could get good grades, but his behavior wasn't good.
Why did Dumbledore choose him if Lupin was there?
I didn't get it :icon_redface:

Well, I don't know. Lupin did say he cut his friends a lot of slack (it's his fatal flaw according to JKR, that he likes being liked so much (because he's used to not being liked), that when he has friends he cuts them an 'awful lot of slack'). So I'm guessing he wasn't exactly the best prefect around (Sirus mentions he made them feel bad he was so well behaved - which is probably how he got to be perfect, and Lupin answers that he should have done more to stop them when they bullied others but he didn't so I'm guessing:) and he wasn't really a leader.

(and I love Remus, I do, that's just my analysis)

My question would be why James instead of Sirius, if both of them were the 'height of cool', brilliant and leaders of their group (plus (I think) Sirius was the more handsome of the two)?

Has anybody else heard that Dumbledore was gay and had a relationship with Grimwald?

Yeah, I heard it when it first became public.

#41 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

Does anyone else think Luna and Neville should have married? There kids would be ditzy but I think they'd be cute.

#42 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

I love that Dumbledore is gay. I heard it a long time ago too.
Everyone thought it was so random.

#43 ~*~Moonlight~*~

~*~Moonlight~*~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

I'm a huge harry potter fan and I love all the books. =D I can't remember how old I was exactly when I started reading them, but I do know that I was quite young. My brother used to come into my room and my dad used to sit on the floor and read a chapter a night to us. =) One night me and my brother slept over my gran and grandads house and my grandad read one of the chapters and I can remember my grandad saying Hermione's name like it is said in the films, however me and my brother went 'Grandad! That's not how you say her name! It's "Her-me-on"' because thats how my dad always used to say her name =) The last book that my dad read to us was 'Goblet of Fire' and after that I just read them myself =) I feel like Harry Potter has become part of my childhood and that i've grown up with them =)

In the Deathly Hallows film I think that this scene was done very well =)

Spoiler

^^
I hope that spoiler made sense S:

I think that the film was done very good, and it stuck to the narrative of the books more, which is great =) Yes they did miss some things out, but you're not going to get everything into a 2 hour & a half film though. I think the director/producers did great for what they got =)

#44 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

At first I didn't like that scene. Oly because I was sitting in the theatre thinking "You're wasting time, get to the good stuff! I already know this!"
I was just impatient. Afterwords, I really liked it. ;)

#45 carolgilmore

carolgilmore

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

avorite character: Dobby
the last book: well, in my opinion, the book was perfect, but I think it should have had more complements on the future of Harry, or something, you know.
movie: good, had some parts that the directors have changed, of course, but it was great, on opening day, I've figured Hogwats student! haha it was great

kisses :love7:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users