• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#46 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

I just read Dash's and Lily's book of dares. I loved it and that takes alot from me. The characters work so well together and if I didn't know it was written by two different authors, I wouldn't have known.

Anyway, I just brouyght Nick and Norah's infinate playlist, This is Shyness by Leanne Hall and Everything's beautiful by Simmone Howell.

I might have mentioned this before but does anybody read Hey! Teenager of the year it is a blog done by a sixteen year old (published by an actual company) writer. Her book is amazing.

#47 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

I recently read North of Beautiful. Loved it <3

I just bought Fixing Delilah, Front and Center, and The Summer I Turned Pretty (I'd been meaning to get that a little while back). About half done with summer I turned pretty. It's really fun to read. I don't have to think about it much, I guess.

#48 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

I've been meaning to get Front and Center, but I don't like the cover so I'm waiting to see if they change it for the Paperback edition.

Also... my parents let me buy The Piper's Son audiobook!!! I found it in Audible and had a coupon and one thing let to another and well, happy birthday to me, right?
(I still plan on buying the book when it's published in the US, but I couldn't pass it up)

I can't wait to start reading it... though the guy who narrates has a aussie accent, I hope I understand it all!

#49 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

^^^^Aussie accents are hard to understand?

#50 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

^^^^Aussie accents are hard to understand?

Just like every accent, you have to get to the grove of it, the patterns, I would say is a bit heavier than the average British accent, but not like, say, Scottish or Irish. And there are some different words - slang - that can be hard to catch. Like for example "pashing" (I hope I'm spelling it right) is making out (like snogging for the Brits), and so on. I know a few of the words because I've read Melina's books before.

#51 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:07 PM

I have difficulty with audio tapes when they are european. NZ accent sound (to me) like really fake Australia ones, pashing is kissing Clavie! You are right! I made a slang topic in the OT if you want to check it out There is alot of slang words in there. I dont like Melina Marchetta that much. Her books are her life and it bugs me , they are autobiographies with the names changed

#52 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

When I first read the word Pashing, I had to ask my Aussie friend what it meant. LOL, also the world for tank-top, I had to look it up.

I like Melina's books so much!! LOL but I'm actually doing the Aussie YA challenge this year (well the one it starts in 3 hrs for me), so I get to know other Aussie authors.

I like Audiobooks but they do take a lot of my attention - and I get really mad when people keep interrupting me - so they are a bit of a last resource for me (Except for the Gallagher Girls books, those I really like in audio for some reason). Besides, I catch up on the accents very easily, a few years ago I read this book called Blue Eyed Devil, set in Houston and, like, I sounded Texan inside my head for about 3 weeks afterward.

:D

#53 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

Besides, I catch up on the accents very easily, a few years ago I read this book called Blue Eyed Devil, set in Houston and, like, I sounded Texan inside my head for about 3 weeks afterward.

:D

The book by Lisa Kleypas?

#54 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

The book by Lisa Kleypas?

Yup *grins*

#55 MermaidsRule:)

MermaidsRule:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

I just finished Ransom my heart. Steamy! Also, has anyone read the Clique books by lisi harrison or Alphas?I love them! :icon_study:

#56 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

^^^ Wasn't there a movie called the clique? Are those books related somehow? And no I havent read them.

I just started Nick and Norah's infinate playlist. Good book so far! Apprantly alot of people hate the swearing (JCrazy) but the constant flow of swear words doesn't bug me.

#57 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

^^^ Wasn't there a movie called the clique? Are those books related somehow? And no I havent read them.

I just started Nick and Norah's infinate playlist. Good book so far! Apprantly alot of people hate the swearing (JCrazy) but the constant flow of swear words doesn't bug me.

The movie was based on the books, i sort of liked it, sort of worried about all those 12 year olds running around in stilettos.

Nick and Norah is a sweet book, I loved it. Of course, in real life, I sort of swear a lot so I didn't mind that part.

#58 Cockatoo

Cockatoo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:01 AM

I just finished Oh.My.Gods on kindle. I thought it was awesome, but then again, people mightn't like the "greek gods" theme like I do.

Also The Hunger Games were really good.

I thought 1-800-where-are-you/vanished was really good, but too much swearing.

Ta,
~Amelia :spinstar:

#59 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

I saw the movie The Clique on TV several months back. It was interesting, lol.

I love all of Rachel and David's books, even with swearing. I swear a lot too in real life, usually with no real reason, just to say it, lol. My roommate is the same way, so we swear a lot at each other. It's fun times. I mean, they're just words- who cares?

Anyway, I'm reading So Shelly by Ty Roth and Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston, and may start Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart too. I'm a reading machine, lol.

#60 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

I saw the movie The Clique on TV several months back. It was interesting, lol.

I love all of Rachel and David's books, even with swearing. I swear a lot too in real life, usually with no real reason, just to say it, lol. My roommate is the same way, so we swear a lot at each other. It's fun times. I mean, they're just words- who cares?

Anyway, I'm reading So Shelly by Ty Roth and Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston, and may start Treasure Map of Boys by E. Lockhart too. I'm a reading machine, lol.

You reading machine you

I need to get to Treasure Map of Boys too :D but I'm sort of trying to get these books I got off Net Galley read first - I went crazy and asked for too many :P

#61 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

The last song by Nicolas Sparks. (wayyyy better than the movie)

I also love the gallagher girl series by Ally Carter (so good)(first book id tell you i love you but then id have to kill you second cross my heart and hope to spy third dont judge a girl by her cover fourth only the good spy young)

Also im just about to read wish by alexandra bullen

#62 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

^^^I'll be reading Wish and its sequel, Wishful Thinking, soon! Let me know what you think.

I've been a horrible reader these past couple days. I get too distracted by the internet and other things. Anyway, off to finish Tempestuous.

#63 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

^^^I'll be reading Wish and its sequel, Wishful Thinking, soon! Let me know what you think.

I've been a horrible reader these past couple days. I get too distracted by the internet and other things. Anyway, off to finish Tempestuous.

I've been the same, I don't think I read at all yesterday!

And I got Wish too, from when they were giving it for free :D

#64 Tora

Tora

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

I just finished "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. It was just as good as I hoped it would be. Now I really need to get part two :)

Edited by Tora, 07 January 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#65 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

Fallen was strange for me. ^
It was so different from what I expected.
Still enjoyable I suppose, but I have yet to read the sequel.

#66 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

I'm finishing up So Shelly by Ty Roth, then finish up re-reading both Treasure Map of Boys and Real Live Boyfriends by E. Lockhart. After that, I think I'll be reading Wish and Prom & Prejudice.

#67 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

^^Been thinking of getting Prom & Prejudice, :D Sounds super cute.

#68 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

I bought Prom and Prejudice recently and hope to read it soon.

#69 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

I finished with The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta.
It made me cry.
And now I sound like an Australian dude inside of my head and say 'Mate' a lot. :P

#70 papercut

papercut

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

I just read, before i fall by lauren oliver, great book, but the last few pages require some thinking power.

LOVED IT THOUGH!!!

mel :)

p.s. we don't deliberatly say mate it sort of just comes out!!

#71 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

I just read, before i fall by lauren oliver, great book, but the last few pages require some thinking power.

LOVED IT THOUGH!!!

mel :)

p.s. we don't deliberatly say mate it sort of just comes out!!

I know, about the mate thing (thats how it happpens in my brain too)
I think all languages have words that we just say. like in Spain-spanish they say "Vale" a lot. :P its just their way.

#72 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

I know this off topic and please don't get angry at me Clavie. While you are talking about mateship I thought I would slip this in.

Australia is going through one of the worst natural diasasters in our history.

Basically an entire state is under water and we have massive states. 12 people dead and I think 20 are still missing.

Houses were completly under water and the damage bill is in the millions. Many people are homeless and others are pulling their houses apart.

So just think about these people today. There is a song you can download off itunes were all proceeds go to the flood but I cant recall the name.

Anyway I just finished nick and norah's infinate playlist. Good book. I just watched the movie too.

#73 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

I finished Wired by Robin Wasserman the other day.
The last in the Skinned trilogy.

It was so good but then the ending infuriated me!
I didn't even understand what was happening. It was all so confusing and I was left with about a million questions. It was the kinda ending that has you thinking about it for days afterwards.

#74 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

Has anybody read Letters from the inside by John Marsden that has that sort of ending. I like the ending of that book though it made my mind wonder.

#75 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Ran - of course I don't mind. I got friends in Aussie-land, and I worry so much about the floods :( - though my friends are closer to Sydney than Brisbane.

If anyone wants more info about the floods and how to help,Click Here

Kylie - I hate those kinds of endings :P I feel sort of cheated when I'm left with more questions than answers.

#76 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

^ *Sigh* Still loved the trilogy though.

Has anyone read the Maximun Ride series by James Patterson?
Just read book one and I'm in love. I could not put it down!

#77 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

^^Been thinking of getting Prom & Prejudice, :D Sounds super cute.

i agree

#78 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

I'm reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis now (so good so far!) and then XVI by Julia Karr! I finished up Prom and Prejudice and it was a really cute read, but nothing too special; definitely not worth the hardcover price.

#79 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

I'm trying to read Delirium, but I got the sneaky suspicion it's just not for me. :(

#80 brunette7856

brunette7856

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

A good read would be Fallen by Lauren Kate. And it has one of the hottest covers ever:
Posted Image

Its sequeal is pretty good too, and, again, it has an awesome cover:
Posted Image

#81 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

I just saw the cover for Passion, the third Fallen book, and it's gorgeous.

#82 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

I just read one of the books from the The Drake series by Alyxandra Harvey
Also the tourist trap by emma harrison . Did anyone else read those ?.What are your thoughts ?

-Liberty/anshi

#83 brunette7856

brunette7856

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

I just saw the cover for Passion, the third Fallen book, and it's gorgeous.

Yeah it is, just saw it today. I can't wait for it to come out :)

#84 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

I just finished Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith and it was SO GOOD! Now I'm reading Subject Seven by James A. Moore. It's really interesting and I'm excited to read more. Only on page 60 or so.

I also got some interesting books recently- Shine by Lauren Myracle (April 2011) and Shadow Walkers by Brent Hartinger (Feb 8, 2011). I'm really excited to read both.

#85 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

I just started reading The False Princess and I already cried. :P *Sigh* I'm a cry baby

#86 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

I finished the books above, then I read Hex Hall which was great, and now I'm on Wish by Alexandra Bullen and Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore.

#87 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

I finished the books above, then I read Hex Hall which was great, and now I'm on Wish by Alexandra Bullen and Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore.

You have to read Demonglass, it's awesome!!

And Hi1 hadn't seen you around for a while.

#88 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

^^I'm hoping to get a review copy of Demonglass. I also finished Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann, which I really enjoyed. It was very creepy. I'm reading Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach and still on Wish by Alexandra Bullen.

#89 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

^^I'm hoping to get a review copy of Demonglass. I also finished Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann, which I really enjoyed. It was very creepy. I'm reading Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach and still on Wish by Alexandra Bullen.

I hope you do get it! It's made of awesome sauce.

I've been hearing lots of Cryer's Cross, creepy but good seems to be the general idea :)

I'm almost done with The False Princess :D

#90 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Eeee, I'm so excited for Cryer's Cross! Loved the Wake trilogy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users