• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 administrator

administrator

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

Here is the place to post your suggestions for books to read.

In general, we are looking for books for readers 12 and up. Most of the books we read will be in the YA category.

Moderators will pick from the list of books you post and also from books that publishers send to Meg. We will also attempt to get the author of the books to come chat with us on this site!

So post your suggestions for our first book!

#2 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

Hi Everybody!

It's me, Ann, your new Writing Mentor. We're going to be promoting some very exciting events here. As Meg wrote, we will select a Book-Of-The-Month to feature for fans to read and discuss. We will even invite the authors to join us on this forum to discuss their books. (And I'm sure they totally will because EVERYONE knows how awesome you all are.) So which books are you LOVING right now? What titles would you recommend for the FIRST month's feature? Meg, I, and the moderators await your suggestions.

And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Love, Ann

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

Do you ever wonder why sometimes just when you get to LOVE a certain author, she suddenly stops writing? It's not always because she doesn't want to write anymore. Sometimes it's because her sales weren't good enough, and her contract didn't get renewed! So this book club is devoted to keeping that from happening! It's a fun way to help make readers aware of YOUR favorite authors--ones you might just have discovered, and whose careers you want to support (whether they're alive or dead, bestselling or just starting out) by giving them some exposure, thus helping them get sales!

So, do the right thing, and suggest some books you've read lately that you loved and want everyone else to read! We'll look over your suggestions, and then pick a book every month we'll read, talk about, and, if the author is alive, try to them get to join us on this site!

Here's a book I just read that made ME laugh:
Posted Image
My Fake Boyfriend Is Better Than Yours by Kristina Springer

Seventh grade was supposed to be fun, but Tori is having major drama with her BFF, Sienna. Sienna changed a lot over the summer—on the first day of school she’s tan, confident, and full of stories about her new dreamy boyfriend. Tori knows that she’s totally making this guy up. So Tori invents her own fake boyfriend, who is better than Sienna’s in every way. Things are going great—unless you count the whole lying-to-your-best-friend thing—until everyone insists Tori and Sienna bring their boyfriends to the back-to-school dance.

My Fake Boyfriend Is Better Than Yours is something I've been recommending other people pick up! What about you?

#4 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

Suggestion! Haha. I'm not sure if this book is popular or not, I don't know anyone but my friend and I who've read it.

The Lonely Hearts Club. Yeah, I know. You're now thinking of The Beatles haha. Which it does have a lot of Beatles references in it. Like, for example, the main characters name is Penny Lane, after the song.

It pretty much is about a girl who's sick of all these crappy guys, especially a particular one, so she decides not to date in high school. And a bunch of girls thinks she has the right idea and join in, thus making The Lonely Hearts Club. It's a kick ass book, I think anyone would enjoy.

And the covers wicked! Like the beatles, you know?
Posted Image

Awesome, right?? Haha.

And HERE'S a link to a better summary.

Luv,
Jamie

#5 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

My suggestion are Letters from the inside By John Marsden. The book is completly letters from two girls after finding each other through a magazine.

#6 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I love these suggestions!
:eusa_clap:

#7 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Oh, I'm going to recommend Wuthering High by Cara Lockwood.

It's one of my favorite books ever. It's funny and sweet and 'smart'(in the cool way, not in the bossy-know-it-all way).

Posted Image

Welcome to Bard Academy, where a group of supposedly troubled teens are about to get scared straight.

When Miranda, a slightly spoiled but spirited fifteen-year-old from Chicago, smashes up her father's car and goes to town with her stepmother's credit cards, she's shipped off to Bard Academy, a boarding school where she's supposed to learn to behave. Gothic and boring and strict, it's everything you'd expect of a reform school. But all is not what it seems at Bard.

For starters, Miranda's having horrific nightmares and the nearby woods are eerily impossible to navigate. The students' lives also start to mirror the classics they're reading tragic novels like Dracula, Wuthering Heights, and Jane Eyre. So Miranda begins to suspect that Bard is haunted by famous writers who took their own lives and she senses that not all of them are happy. Complicating things even more is the fact that Ryan Kent a cute, smart, funny basketball player who went to Miranda's old high school landed himself in Bard, too. And the attention he's showing Miranda is making some of the other girls white as ghosts. Something ghoulish is definitely brewing at Bard, and Miranda seems to be at the center of ominous events, but whether it's typical high school b.s. or otherworldly danger remains to be seen.

At Boarding School, No One Can Hear You Scream.

Summary from Bard Academy's page

#8 TortugaPoet

TortugaPoet

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

What about The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins? I haven't read it yet, but it's all I've been hearing about lately.

#9 tellea

tellea

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

One really great book is 'Oh.My.Gods.' By Tera Lynn Childs. This book is about a girl whose mom remarries and she has to move to this island in Greece only all the people on the island are decendants from the Greek Gods!!

#10 tellea

tellea

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

I love these suggestions!
:eusa_clap:

Isnt that what Jinx's grandma says to her!

#11 Rangeman76

Rangeman76

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare is a must read.

it's about shadow hunters who are the descendants of angels

also

born confused by tanuja desai hidier

#12 AwesomeNiks

AwesomeNiks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

I have a few suggestions. I love to read SO much that I just CANNOT help it!

My first suggestion would be Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! What a beautiful, challenging story. It has a combination of adventure (lots of it), suspense, and even romance! Plus it will leave fans debating between Team Peeta and Team Gale. It really encourages fans to "pick a side." (Even though I'm never able to choose!)

Here's a synopsis from the Scholastic site:

COULD YOU SURVIVE ON YOUR OWN, IN THE WILD, WITH EVERYONE FIGHTING AGAINST YOU?

Look inside The Hunger Games

Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives.

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.

Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

My second suggestion would have to be Heist Society by Ally Carter. It reminds me of an "Airhead" type book. It has suspense and romance, but it actually teaches you a lot of different facts that you may have never know.

Here's a synopsis from Ally's site as well:

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.

For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.

Another reason I suggested these books (aside from the fact that they're AMAZING reads!) is that the two authors are amazing sweethearts! I've met them both, and I just adore them! :)

#13 Cockatoo

Cockatoo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

It might seem a bit young, but I loved The Thornthwaite Inheritence by Gareth P Jones.

Murder is a family tradition among the Thornthwaites. This whodunnit with a difference is the story of Ovid and Lorelli Thornthwaite, orphaned twins and heirs to a fortune, who have spent their 13 years trying to kill each other in order to be the sole inheritor. Their methods are ingenious and improbable, but rather like those of Bond villains, so there’s always an escape. When the twins consider a truce, it brings newcomers to Thornthwaite Manor and a possibility that an outsider is attempting new murders. The mystery that ensues, with its uncertainty about the characters of the local detective, the family lawyer and his handsome son, and all the existing staff, keeps you reading. Old secrets are revealed as the twins learn about the wider world they have always shunned, about what happened to their parents and about their real feelings for each other.
-The Sunday Times.

You might not like it, but I enjoyed it.

#14 Mandy21

Mandy21

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

I think the Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare is awesome. And also, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.

#15 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

i gotta admit, I read A LOT
but i suggest:
13 Little Blue Envelopes
http://www.maureenjo...blue-envelopes/
^^that's the link to the page on her website
and now i can't WAIT for the sequel!!!

~bookie :mgbumblebee:

#16 Mandy21

Mandy21

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

^I've heard of that one! Sounds really cool

#17 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

Heya!!
This is my suggestion ;)

Forgive My Fins by: Tera Lynn Childs
Posted Image

I think that's really pretty ;)

Anyways, this book is about a girl named Lily whose a mermaid. She has a really big crush and a guy named Brody. She plans to kiss him in the library. Instead, this other guy who has a crush on Lily, Quince, kisses her. He starts to become a merman and is trapped in a mermaid bond with Lily.

You can read more HERE
It's a really good book. I highly recommend it :)

:mgturtle: Cheyenne

Edited by <3Cheese<3, 02 November 2010 - 09:14 PM.

#18 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

I think the Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare is awesome. And also, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.

Paranormlacy was awesome. *nods nods*

#19 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

Heya!!
This is my suggestion ;)

Forgive My Fins by: Tera Lynn Childs
Posted Image

I think that's really pretty ;)

Anyways, this book is about a girl named Lily whose a mermaid. She has a really big crush and a guy named Brody. She plans to kiss him in the library. Instead, this other guy who has a crush on Lily, Quince, kisses her. He starts to become a merman and is trapped in a mermaid bond with Lily.

You can read more HERE
It's a really good book. I highly recommend it :)

:mgturtle: Cheyenne

that sounds REALLY good
definitely going to have to look that up!

PS i also recommend the DEAD IS... series. i told a friend about it and she was lost into the book after only three class periods!
LINK TO WEBSITE:
http://members.cox.n...dex.html#pab1_1
I just went for home page because....THERE IS A NEW BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
EEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lols!
:mgbumblebee: :mgbumblebee:

#20 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

I was browsing a bit thought my many book lists (Books to buy, books to OWN, Must have it or DIE!) and saw this one that just came out. (And yes, my life is a tangled web of lists).

Jane by April Lindner
Posted Image

Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, a world-famous rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance.

But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is soon tested by an agonizing secret from his past. Torn between her feelings for Nico and his fateful secret, Jane must decide: Does being true to herself mean giving up on true love?

An irresistible romance interwoven with a darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers.

Summary form Amazon.

I confess I'm a huge Jane Eyre fan - first book that got my heart truly pounding! - and I think this it's like a retelling/twist on it.

#21 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

I was browsing a bit thought my many book lists (Books to buy, books to OWN, Must have it or DIE!) and saw this one that just came out. (And yes, my life is a tangled web of lists).

Jane by April Lindner
Posted Image

Summary form Amazon.

I confess I'm a huge Jane Eyre fan - first book that got my heart truly pounding! - and I think this it's like a retelling/twist on it.

I've been reading some really good reviews of JANE. People who hated Jane Eyre seem to love it, and people who loved Jane Eyre seem to love it. That says a lot about a book. I'm a Jane Eyre lover, but if people who also love the original say it's good . . . and there's a rock star in it.

#22 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

I think we have a winner! Jane by April Lindner. I love Jane Eyre. And also rock stars.

So let's start reading. Soon, Meg, I, and the other moderators will start the discussion. Everyone is welcome to join us. Tell your friends, your sister, your grandma, your uncle Larry (if he's cool like that!)

Maybe we can even get the author herself to answer questions about the book. What do you say? Who's in?

#23 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

if i can hunt down a copy...........

#24 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

I just brought my copy today. Excited to read it. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite classics.

M

#25 rocka

rocka

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

How about DEEP IN THE HEART OF HIGH SCHOOL by Veronica Goldbach?

#26 LifeWithBooks

LifeWithBooks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

What about The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins? I haven't read it yet, but it's all I've been hearing about lately.

I read them, they r really good books!(My second favorite series) You should read them. It's about the future, when there r only 12 districts. Each year 2 teenagers from each district r chosen to play the hunger games- a game of survival. The game only ends when every player but one dies. I won't spoil it, but lets just say things don't end as expected ;).

#27 LifeWithBooks

LifeWithBooks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

I read these this summer and fell in love with them:
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- The Outsiders + Tex + Taming the Star Runner + Rumble Fish by S.E Hinton
- Willow by Julia Hoban
- The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

And my all-time favorites:
- Harry Potter 1-7 by J.K Rowling
- The Hunger Games 1-3 by Suzanne Collins
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner

All wonderful books, but hp, hunger games and maze runner r the best i've ever read!

#28 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for all these great suggestions! The book for November is JANE by April Lindner and . . . drumroll . . . April Lindner herself has agreed to join us for our discussion at the end of the month! AND . . . I managed to get some copies of JANE to give away to readers who come with the BEST QUESTIONS TO POST for her! (Also cool JANE posters.)

So start thinking up some good stuff to ask Jane over on this thread! Thanks a lot!

I'm so excited to read this book! (check out my blog post about it! It's among my things that don't suck!

Meg
:heartbeat:

#29 nickle15

nickle15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:33 AM

Has anyone read Fallen by Lauren Kate? I work in a bookstore and recommend this to all of my YA readers (as well as the entire Meg Cabot collection).

This is a great book for the YA reader who enjoys a supernatural twist. The main character, Luce, has just gone through a tragic accident. She is sent to a reform school-although she really doesn't belong. She finds herself meeting unexpected friends-and enemies. She becomes instantly attracted to a guy who seems to hate her on the spot and, meanwhile, is being pursued by a seemingly great guy, but she just cannot reciprocate these feelings. This book has a lot: fallen angels, mystery, epic battle scenes, and beautiful, loving scenes that will make your heart hammer. I didn't expect to become hooked on another book. Fallen took me completely by surprise. I would recommend this book to anyone asking for a couple of sleepless nights book-lusting over Lauren Kate's new series.

Posted Image

She recently followed this book up with Torment.

Posted Image

Even if this book is not chosen as the Book of the Month, I strongly suggest you all to check it out-from one Cabot fan to another. ;)

#30 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

What about this once?

Posted Image

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That book is awesome

-Nikki

#31 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

We should totally read a Marchetta book!
It's like a right of passage to read a book by Melina Marchetta, she's one of the most awesome authors ever.

Her first 3 are out on Paperback by now:

Posted Image
Looking for Alibrandi

For as long as Josephine Alibrandi can remember, it's just been her, her mum, and her grandmother. Now it's her final year at a wealthy Catholic private girls' school where the nuns couldn't be any stricter. But that doesn't seem to stop all kinds of men from coming into Josie's life, including her father!

Caught between the old-world values of her Italian nonna Katia, the no-nonsense wisdom of her mother Cristina, and the boys who continue to mystify her, Josie is on the ride of her life.

This will be the year she falls in love, the year she discovers the secrets of her family's past - and the year she sets herself free.

Posted Image
Saving Francesca

Most of my friends now go to Pius Senior College, but my mother wouldn't allow it because she says the girls there leave with limited options and she didn't bring me up to have limitations placed upon me. If you know my mother, you'll sense there's an irony there, based on the fact that she is the Queen of the Limitation Placers in my life.

Francesca battles her mother Mia constantly over what's best for her. All Francesca wants is her old friends and her old school, but instead Mia sends her to St Sebastian's, an all-boys' school that has just opened its doors to girls. Now Francesca's surrounded by hundreds of boys, with only a few other girls for company. All of them weirdos - or worse.

Then one day, Mia is too depressed to get out of bed. One day turns into months and as her family begins to fall apart, Francesca realizes that without her mother's high spirits she hardly knows who she is. But she doesn't yet realize that she's more like Mia than she thinks. With a little unlikely help from St Sebastian's, she just might be able to save her family, her friends, and especially herself.

Posted Image
(On the) Jellicoe Road

"What do you want from me?" he asks.

What I want from every person in my life, I want to tell him.

More.

Taylor Markham is not a popular choice. She is erratic, has no people skills and never turns up to meetings. Not to mention the incident when she ran off in search of her mother and only got halfway there. But she's lived at Jellicoe School most of her life and as leader of the boarders that's her greatest asset. Especially now the cadets, led by the infamous Jonah Griggs, have arrived. The territory wars between the boarders, townies and cadets are about to recommence.

But Taylor has other things on her mind: a prayer tree, the hermit who whispered in her ear, and a vaguely familiar drawing in the local police station. Taylor wants to understand the mystery of her own past. But Hannah, the woman who found her, has suddenly disappeared, leaving nothing but an unfinished manuscript about five kids whose lives entwined twenty years ago on the Jellicoe Road.

I love all three but, in my opinion, Jellicoe Road is one of the best books ever written. And it has Jonah Griggs. :D

#32 Em

Em

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

I agree with the Melina Marchetta suggestion! My favourite is probably Saving Francesca, it is wonderfully written :) Another great Aussie teen author is Jaclyn Moriarty. Her books are hilarious! ^_^

#33 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:33 AM

I'm going to suggest the Blue Bloods books my Melissa de la Cruz. Even though this is an ongoing series I think the first book in the series would be great for next months pick. It deals with vampires, but in a way where it's not sterotypical. The vampires in Blue Bloods are socialites and they must not only deal with very complicated love lives, but with a threat that is trying to kill them and their society. It's probably my favorite series of books, right after The Mediator series

Other suggestions:
Paranomalcy by Kiersten White: This book is a great read. It's about a teen who works as a paranormal investigation for a top secret agency. The main character has a great personality and her love interest is very cute although,
Spoiler

M

#34 ran

ran

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

I suggest Sisterhood of the travelling pants. Four girls and one summer. Also it will be summer in the southern hemisphere to it'll be appropriate.

Plus, I love the covers to the Melina Marchetta novels, so different to anything in Australia.

#35 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

Great suggestions, everyone! Keep them coming!

#36 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

How about Michele Jaffe's new book Rosebush? It comes out on December 7. I don't usually read thrillers, but this book sounds pretty interesting.

Product description (copied from Amazon.com):

Instead of celebrating Memorial Day weekend on the Jersey Shore, Jane is in the hospital surrounded by teddy bears, trying to piece together what happened last night. One minute she was at a party, wearing fairy wings and cuddling with her boyfriend. The next, she was lying near-dead in a rosebush after a hit-and-run.

Everyone believes it was an accident, despite the phone threats Jane swears were real. But the truth is a thorny thing. As Jane's boyfriend, friends, and admirers come to visit, more memories surface--not just from the party, but from deeper in her past . . . including the night her best friend Bonnie died.

With nearly everyone in her life a suspect now, Jane must unravel the mystery before her killer attacks again. Along the way, she's forced to examine the consequences of her life choices in this compulsively readable thriller.

#37 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

How about Michele Jaffe's new book Rosebush? It comes out on December 7. I don't usually read thrillers, but this book sounds pretty interesting.

Product description (copied from Amazon.com):

Instead of celebrating Memorial Day weekend on the Jersey Shore, Jane is in the hospital surrounded by teddy bears, trying to piece together what happened last night. One minute she was at a party, wearing fairy wings and cuddling with her boyfriend. The next, she was lying near-dead in a rosebush after a hit-and-run.

Everyone believes it was an accident, despite the phone threats Jane swears were real. But the truth is a thorny thing. As Jane's boyfriend, friends, and admirers come to visit, more memories surface--not just from the party, but from deeper in her past . . . including the night her best friend Bonnie died.

With nearly everyone in her life a suspect now, Jane must unravel the mystery before her killer attacks again. Along the way, she's forced to examine the consequences of her life choices in this compulsively readable thriller.

Oh, like this one. I'm actually pretty excited about that book coming out, I loved the Bad Kitty series wished she could've continued writing them. And form the reviews I've heard about this one, I'm sure it's going to be great.
M

#38 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Oh, like this one. I'm actually pretty excited about that book coming out, I loved the Bad Kitty series wished she could've continued writing them. And form the reviews I've heard about this one, I'm sure it's going to be great.
M

I'm interviewing Michele and I asked if there was any news on the Bad Kitty series' future. I know a third book wasn't likely a while ago, but I'm hoping she'll be able to go back and finish up the storyline. I'm waiting on the answers now.

Anyway, Rosebush is in my TBR pile and I'll be reading it soon. I got an advance copy and it just sounds so good!

#39 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.

Good stuff. (:

#40 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Any idea when we might have the next selection? I can't wait. Jane was so much fun!

#41 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

Any idea when we might have the next selection? I can't wait. Jane was so much fun!

Ditto! I can't wait to find out what the next book will be. I enjoyed reading Jane and had fun discussing it. :)

#42 admin_ann

admin_ann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

I have a feeling the announcement will be made soon.....

#43 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

Get ready . . . I think you guys are going to like it. It's going to be very different than JANE. But fun. Definitely NOT a holiday book, though.

#44 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Ah, the suspense!

#45 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

I'm biting my nails as we speak out of anticipation. Please, tell us what is soon for the sake of my cuticles (lol).
M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users