Photo

Racing Heart (PG-13)

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: Hola! Como estan? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer? (Multiple choices here =))

1. Vampires. Sexy, mysterious and seductive (45 votes [40.18%])

Percentage of vote: 40.18%

2. Werewolves. Strong, masculine, yummy and wicked (15 votes [13.39%])

Percentage of vote: 13.39%

3. Slayers. Skilled, fast, handsome and caring (13 votes [11.61%])

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

4. or All of the above! (39 votes [34.82%])

Percentage of vote: 34.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

Yes!

*does happy dance*

An update! Woot!

I can't wait!

Emily :icon_flower:

#92 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

Chapter 31

The bell for dismissal rang and I picked up my back bag. Students stood and walked out of English class. I wasn’t having a good weekend.

Just as I thought, avoiding Eric is going to be a little harder than I thought. I have art class and every single lunch with him. This is so not fair. I mean, seriously, every time I see him is like he’s growing hotter and hotter every single day!

I miss him, I miss talking to him, been around him, I miss everything. It’s like this longing killing me on the inside. This is exactly how I felt every time I was away from him. I feel this urgency to kiss him and see him again; it’s kind of annoying and so sick!

It was a little easy at first because he missed school for three days and disappeared to who knows where, but now that he’s back everything just sucked!

I stepped out of school grounds and a hand grasped my arm. I glanced up at light blue warm very familiar eyes.

“Grandma? What are you doing here?” I asked, confused.

“Just came to pick you up, darling. There’s lot of work we need to get done” she started dragging me to her car, a black sleek Jaguar.

“Work?”

“The training, dear” a groan escaped my lips and she chuckled. “Oh, and I met this handsome young man who told me where to find you” a sly look came into her eyes. “His name was Eric”

“Oh no” I complained.

“He was very interesting, darling. You never told me you knew such fine man” she chuckled at my glare.

“He’s just a friend…. or was” I sighed.

“You didn’t tell me you were friends with a vampire” I sighed again, exhausted. Nothing escapes grandma’s eyes. “Not just any vampire, but a vampire from the Clan Daeva” where does she get all these information? She freaks me out sometimes, it’s like she’s a psychic or something.

“I might have forgot to mention that” I said sarcastically.

“You still don’t know I suppose. From the way your speaking about him, I doubt it”

“Know what?”

“Oh nothing, never mind. Oh, and did you know that he has telekinesis also. He’s going to help me train you”

“Did he agree to this?”

“No, I made him. He can be quiet stubborn himself” I shook my head and sighed.

“What am I going to do with you, grandma?”

~*~*~*~*~

“So, you are Ashley’s grandmother, huh?” Eric smiled his white perfect smile down at my grandmother. He was wearing a black long sleeve shirt with dark jeans, his midnight hair flopping into his blue eyes, and like always, he looked hot and so not like a high school student, which, of course, he wasn’t since he was twenty-five years old.

“Yes, I am. You must be Eric” my grandmother smiled at him with her gentle blue eyes.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you…. uh…”

“Sabrina”

“Sabrina” he smiled, his eyes looked ancient and far away. He looked older and a lot manlier.

“Can I see your arm, young man?” her question popped out of nowhere. She said that as if she was asking for a tissue!

“Grandma!” I protested. What was wrong with her!? Eric stared at her with wary eyes and nodded slowly, deliberately. Eric placed his arms in her outstretched hands cautiously, his eyes aware and…. challenging?

My grandmother’s eyes glanced down at his muscled arm. She took his wrist and pulled the sleeves if his shirt up until his elbows. A small knowing smile touched her lips, a smile I knew too well. She smooth the white snow skin with her hands slowly, her lips moved momentarily—as if she was mouthing something, a spell perhaps— and something started to appear on Eric’s lower arm, a black outline of something, a drawing perhaps.

I stepped closer to glanced down at Eric’s arm with curious eyes. I gasped like a Victorian maiden when I saw what it was and almost fainted. I swear to god, I felt my head spinning in circles and my stomach turning; my legs wobble under me.

“W-w-w-what is that?” I stammered, pointing at his arm with a shaking finger. My grandmother ignored me and stared at Eric with smiling eyes.

<H3 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">“Eric Reynolds, long time no see, darling” </H3>“Sabrina” he nodded his head in greeting. They were speaking to each other as if they were long time friends…. maybe they were.

“W-wait, you guys know each other?”

“Sure, we have run into each other once or twice before”

“Oh, this is creepy, man” I shuddered. My ex-boyfriend knows my forty year old grandmother. “B-but what is this, Eric? How come you have that?” I pointed at his bare lower arm frantically.

“I guess he didn’t tell you he had more than one symbol tattooed to his body” my grandmother released him and clapped her hands excitedly. “This is terribly magnificent” she beamed.

“Grandma, care to explain here” I tapped my foot impatiently. Why was I always left out on a conversation?

“I didn’t know that half vampires had chosen mates” the room spun for a second, my ears rang.

“C-chosen mates?” I breathed. Eric unrolled his sleeves to cover his symbol, my symbol. He didn’t look too happy.

<H3 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">“I didn’t want to endanger her” </H3>“Oh, that’s right, you belong to the Clan Daeva” she nodded her head in understanding.

“Correct”

“When were you planning to tell me this, Mr. Mysterious?” I shoved at his chest, angry now. He didn’t budge.

“Never” for once in my life, I wanted him to lie to me.

“You knew about this!?” I demanded.

“Yes, but like I said before, it is too much dangerous for a vampire from the Clan Deava to…. mate” he struggled with words; his eyes were pleading and a little dangerous.

“You guys are bound to each other, isn’t that romantic?” my grandmother sat on the sofa and sipped her tea…. or what I thought was tea.

“Grandma!!” I more like screamed. I glared back at Eric and shook my head rapidly, not wanting to believe what was happening. “No, this is not true, Eric and I aren’t mates and any of this is not happening” I tried to make myself believe that, but it was harder than I thought. “Grandma, how come you didn’t tell me about this!?” I started pacing, ignoring Eric’s gaze.

“It is hardly ever that a half vampire finds his or her mate, Ashley. It is considered very rare,” she explained casually.

”So what now?!” I demanded.

“Nothing at all will ever separate you from him, or him from you. Even if you go away, there’ll be a strong sense of belonging, a strong connection between the two of you, almost like a string.

“Every time you see him, the attraction between the two of you will heighten—grow stronger—that you won’t want to run or leave his side” she sighed. “To put it in other words, Eric Reynolds is your chosen guardian.” I felt like I was going to throw up. I glanced up at Eric and found him staring at me with that look again, the look he had when I stayed over his house and he was acting all weird, the day he found out about my symbol; possessiveness. “You young beautiful people were meant to be together” my grandmother clasped her hand together, a smile on her lips, her eyes happy.

I flopped down on the closest couch and closed my eyes. No wonder I felt this way the first time I saw him, every time I was away from him and didn’t see him for days I missed him terribly. Everything made sense, everything fit.

“Why did you leave this very important information out when you first showed me that stupid book with the symbols, Eric?” I hissed.

“Because it would have been dangerous,” he explained. I glanced up at him and exhaled deeply through my nose.

“What’s going to happen now?” I whispered.

“We’ll just have to wait and see”

~*~*~*~*~

“So, grandma told dad and Greg, huh? She didn’t waste time to spread the oh so wonderful news, eh?” I asked, sarcastically.

“She’s a lovely woman” Eric replied calmly.

“How did they take it?”

“They seemed to take it pretty calmly, actually; they understood the situation” he smiled. I stared at him for a couple of seconds; he was so gorgeous.

I glanced down and played with the rollers on my skateboard absentmindedly.

“Do we really have to leave?” I whispered.

“We’ll come back, I promise” he smiled down at me, his hand on the wheel. The car didn’t sway a slight bit; I have no idea how he does that, if it were I, I would have probably crashed. “For you to become a full vampire I must…. drink from you, Ash” he struggled to explain.

“So, let me get this straight. Let’s say I didn’t have a mate, would I have stayed half vampire forever?”

“Correct”

“And if I did have a mate, for me to become a full vampire, he must take some blood from my body? Kind of like what happens when a vampire changes a human into a vampire?”

“Mm-hmm” he glanced down at me and smiled. His right hand left the wheel and he brushed his fingers across my cheek softly. “That would also make the attraction between us stronger than it already is. It’s just the way things are, bizarre, isn’t it?” I nodded slowly.

“But why do we have to leave, Eric?”

“Because the transformation will change a lot about yourself both physically and mentally. We don’t want people getting suspicious” his wrapped his hand around mine and wounded his fingers through mine.

“Is the change necessary?” I asked.

“Yes”

“Why?”

“Because now that you have found your…match? Mate? You have no choice; it’s hard to explain. I guess we just have to be equal” he shrugged and smiled apologetically.

“So…. we are going to your parents? In Italy?”

“That’s the plan” the corner of his lips twitched.

“What about my studies?” he stayed quiet about after that. He glanced down at me for a second before returning his eyes on the road.

“Yeah about that…. I have…very different plans” he frowned.

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

“Let’s just wait and see, Ash. Of course, I think we are going to be busy enough with your training” his thumb drew circles on the back of my hand. I sighed and looked out my window.

Thirty minutes later, we were on a plane headed to Rome Italy. I glanced out the small windows with my heart racing in my chest. Until this day, my life has completely changed; I’ll have a new home, new family, and a new life. All of this happened in just two months.

Eric took my hand in his and I felt his lips touching my ear.

“Ready?” I glanced up at him and bit my lip. I can’t believe I was actually going to go away with him. I guess my dad and brother take this vampire thing very seriously. I’m going to Italy with Eric of all people.

“I’m ready” I sighed. The planes engine started and off we went.

<H4 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">~ The End ~

Thank you everybody for reading!! Of course, there'll be a sequel for this, I can't just leave it in the middle like this lol. You guys would probably be angry LOL. Just dont' know when. I'll probably start it soon, but right now I'm very busy with school and stuff. My SAT's are coming this week AH!!

Love you all!!

~emily~
</H4>

#93 lady_in_the_lake101

lady_in_the_lake101

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

Oh My God. It's the end. It was a great ending though. I can't believe Ash and Eric are mates. That is so cute. Can't wait to read the sequel...

<3
Xo.Joelle.xO

#94 HoplessRomantic02

HoplessRomantic02

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

OH MY GOD! Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor!!
Oh dear! Oh my! Oh lord!
Love your story!
I cant wait for the sequal dont take to long! Good luck with your SATs.

MiMi xxxxxxx

#95 Peachy1214

Peachy1214

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

That was the most awesome ending ever! So sweet! Post the sequel soon!

~Peachy

#96 JenJen94

JenJen94

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:19 PM

I loved the story Em!
I can't wait for the sequel (or when he turns her into a full vampire :icon_lol: )

Gum....or Jenny! :mgbubblegum:

#97 The southernbell

The southernbell

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:41 PM

It's over! there better be a sequal!

:heartbeat:
Maddie

#98 JustlikeJess

JustlikeJess

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

I'm sad that it's the end but I am also happy that there will be a sequl. I love this story! Good luck with the SAT. I took the ACT last year and got an 18 but then again I was only in eigth grade.

Crystal

#99 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:50 PM

EMILY!

You must post the sequel immediately, it's such a wonderful story

Please please please!

Love Sophie

#100 Enigmamystery

Enigmamystery

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:25 AM

tHE END?

I totally wasn't expecting that.

But, anyway, AWESOme ending! Wow....they are soulmates. Literally.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Katie :heartbeat:

#101 Egirl

Egirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!
u finished it!!!
but hey, will you post a sequel soon???
i really liked this story, and every other one you wrote...
i dont think i've ever left you a comment but i've read dark love, dark night, midnight sky, the dawn (before you deleted it) and spirits of nature.
They were all really really cool!!!
please post a sequel, i'm really a big fan of yours!!!

Faith xxx

#102 Peachy1214

Peachy1214

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!
u finished it!!!
but hey, will you post a sequel soon???
i really liked this story, and every other one you wrote...
i dont think i've ever left you a comment but i've read dark love, dark night, midnight sky, the dawn (before you deleted it) and spirits of nature.
They were all really really cool!!!
please post a sequel, i'm really a big fan of yours!!!

Faith xxx

She deleted the dawn? Seriously? Is it going to be up again? :icon_eek: *panics*

~Peachy :icon_eek:

#103 Anj1011

Anj1011

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:20 PM

Its over?! :o

That was so good
I can;t wait for a sequel!
there is one right?
Anj x

#104 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

WOW. I had no idea that this was even close to the end! :o

It was amazing though. The perfect ending.

I'm really excited for the sequel! :D

-Meg :spinstar:

#105 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

I wan't a sequal soon!
I hope you do good in your SAT test.
I haven't done mine yet.
So I have no clue of what it really is.
I hope the sequal will be here soon!
*Cerra*

#106 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

Other Emily! (I think I'll call you that from now on, hope you don't mind)

Please post the sequel before the suspense kills me!

Emily :icon_flower:

#107 I_LUV_THE_JESSENESS

I_LUV_THE_JESSENESS

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:23 PM

ohhhhhhhh that was awsome!!
Ash and Eric are mates! WHOOP!

Waiting for the sequel...

Sonya<3

#108 noleey

noleey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:30 AM

Oh my god! SEQUEL TIME :D

I can't wait! That was fantastic

Nicole

#109 pupcraze

pupcraze

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

oh my god
oh my god
the story just ended
you have to make a sequel
i read all your stories and every completed one are wayyy longer
so please make a sequel at least
PLEASE

#110 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

Helloooo?l.o.l
Cerra :mgwave:

#111 lilrachelm

lilrachelm

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

haha the end came out of no where lool
loved this story!

#112 lovelylady91

lovelylady91

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

ITS OVER?! :o
You have to make a sequel!
Please post one soon! I need to know what happens next!

~Amanda~

#113 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

Guess what? I finish the first chapter of the sequel!!
I'm going to see if i could post it. Not sure though, but maybe today.

love you all!!

~emily~

P.s. It is called Favorable Darkness by the way.

#114 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

I posted the sequel!!!

Here's the link:

http://forums.megcab...showtopic=49397

#115 beautybot153

beautybot153

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

I posted the sequel!!!

Here's the link:

http://forums.megcab...showtopic=49397

did you delete the sequal i tried to click on the link but it wouldn't allow it

-bert :m:

#116 SweetCaroline.X

SweetCaroline.X

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

Ahh!! There is no sequel!! Ive been trying to locate it in the forum for like two weeks but to noavail. Okay i am sounding extra posh!! Blooeh!!

Please post the sequel again Emily

<3 Cazzy

#117 rink-of-glory

rink-of-glory

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:54 AM

Loved your story.
Thanks for the sequel!

#118 rink-of-glory

rink-of-glory

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:57 AM

hey, I thought there was a sequel.
But when I clicked on the link I got an error message.
Post the sequel please!

#119 rink-of-glory

rink-of-glory

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

I loved all the 4 stories you wrote. Those are fantastic!
Keep on writing!
I am sure all are waiting for your next story...so write fast!
Best of luck!

Edited by Ari-san, 11 June 2008 - 10:45 AM.
Chatspeak edited

#120 Angel15073

Angel15073

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

What happened to the sequel?

Dani :icon_study:

#121 hockeyfan

hockeyfan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

*sigh* I love(d) this story. You just have an amazing style of writing. Seriously, if you became an author I would buy every freaking one of your books. I'd be hooked.

Even though you probably won't, it would be great if you would reconsider writing a sequel for this. You should go back and reread this story and realize just how amazing it really is. No lie. I love this story! And you kinda left it off as a cliffhanger...

Hmm...maybe I'll reread this too. :P

sarah

#122 *LaLa giRrrL*

*LaLa giRrrL*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

someone PLEASE tell me there is a sequel to this!

#123 rink-of-glory

rink-of-glory

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:58 AM

Hey Emily, aren't you going to write anymore stories?????????????

I totally love your stories! Please Keep witting!

#124 Michael_luver

Michael_luver

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:56 AM

Hi
I loved this story!!!
What happened to the sequel?!!! You can't leave it like this!!! Pleaase!!!

Loves,
Caroline

#125 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:32 AM

argh ! why does every good story have to end
i can't take it anymore
but you write awsome
i am asking the same thing did you delete the sequel
please say no

-Anshi

#126 OwlEyes

OwlEyes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hey. I'm Lulu. I read your story, and it's really good. I also saw that you posted a sequel, but the link doesn't work. I was wondering if you would be interested in re-posting the sequel, as I am hoping you want to.

Please let me know, either here or on my personal profile. Thank you!

XOXO

OwlEyes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users