• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#451 Querida=Luva

Querida=Luva

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

*Wakes up from heart attack.* I love you Gracey and your awsome writing powers!!! You Rock More then your story does. (And believe me it was a tough competition.) I just LOVED the way you ended the story. Why is Deirdre counting kisses? Can't she tell that Bane loves her and will kiss her until she either:
A. Dies
B. Gets a restraining order
C. Or C moves to Kansas ?

It's True!! I love love love everything about this story!!! Including the author! Update Stupid Pills OK??!!??
Love Luck and Other Stuffs,

-Mady

#452 Querida=Luva

Querida=Luva

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

Also,
11th Page!!!!
Sorry. :blush: I have always wanted to do that.
-Mady

#453 #1_Mediator

#1_Mediator

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

that was the perfect ending i loved it soooo much!!! this story is soo good!! u r a genius of epic poportions!! xo
!Brie

#454 P.O.G_Wannabee

P.O.G_Wannabee

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

I could not imagine a better ending than that, or middle for that matter.

I'm seriously looking forward to whatever you decide to write next. (I know how to see excerpts, I'll watch out for yours ;))

sigh, I'm sad it's over.

much love and high anticipation for future writings,
Diana

#455 kgurlroxthiswurld

kgurlroxthiswurld

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

Wh-

H-

I-

Y-

T-

I can't even articulate it.

I mean, I cannot even comprehend that you wrote this in

UNDER A YEAR.

HOW, GRACEY?

HOW?

Twas...

Well, it was perfect. It was the perfect ending. It may not have been the fluffy ending some might hope for, but it was the perfect ending for THIS story.

Mwah, mwah, mwah my love. You amaze me.

-Kris

#456 luving_all_american_girl

luving_all_american_girl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

Gracey, I logged into this account again all because of youuuuuuu. I hadn't logged into this forum for like... 5 months? [but I keep coming to this thread, you know.]
Yeah, you should feel speical by now. B)
Though I'm not satisfy with the ending, yet it's REALLY REALLY good, perfect for Deirdre. They looked like a lovely family, Bane, Deirdre, the two lovelies, sitting together, watching a movie.
You know what, if you write an epilogue, the day you post it will be my best day ever. EVER. Though I'm quite certain you won't do that. :blush:
Anyway, I'm waiting for your next story! Any chances Deirdre and Bane will have a cameo?

P.S. I've been reading this for a YEAR!! I can't believe it. I'm such a loyal reader. HAHA.

-Ela. :m:

#457 rockdiva007

rockdiva007

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

I know that this sounds very cliche, but I can't believe it's over. I feel like someone should give (is that the right verb?) a eulogy. I (along with your other scores of fans) really, really loved this. Each and every chapter. And the ending was beautiful. It's like they're not together but still so completely, so obviously together. And Deirdre's beginning to love.

I really liked how, even though she's taking baby steps with this whole thing, she trusts Bane so completely.

Favourite bits:

Together—so together, in a prettily disjointed sort of kind of way—

It seemed impossible, utterly impossible, to think that one year ago, Bane hadn’t been here. Six months ago, Bane hadn’t been here.

He was here now.

If I pitched the idea to Bane, he would say he wasn’t. If I pitched the idea to Bane, he would say he wasn’t anyone, and could I please just enjoy the movie.

my quite baby words, words I wasn’t quite sure I knew how to say, but was going to try to, anyway.

Apparently today was one of those days.

One of what days?

Love,
Parasmita (P)

#458 Sweetie~Pie

Sweetie~Pie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

this story was absolutly amazing!

it was beautiful in so many ways..

i enjoyed reading every bit of it =)

#459 Querida=Luva

Querida=Luva

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

It took exactly: 6 months, 30 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes, for Gracey to write the best story known to man. (Or at least to POST it.) I added up all of the days. How awsome am I?? Luck,Luve,And other Stuffs,
-Mady

#460 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

(It actually took me 11 months and 19 days to write it. Yes, I know this. Without counting. >.<)

G :elmo:

#461 Querida=Luva

Querida=Luva

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

I see. But if you see the brackets posted above^^ you will see that i wrote POST. But still wow! It took you that long to write one story. You could soo get this published!! It rocks!!
-Mady

#462 ssharin7

ssharin7

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

-dies-

-chokes on pretzels-

-dies again-

#463 ssharin7

ssharin7

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS FINISHED?!

-dies ONE LAST TIME-

-okay, wait, i have to say something first. rises from the dead-

That was total sexiness to the supreme.

Like, ahhhhhhhhhh sexiness.

okay, now i'm done.

-dies-

#464 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

Well, congrats Gracey!
One of the best of your stories that I have had the opportunity to read.
Although I'm sure there are others you've geniously written.
♥ Cerra

#465 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

(Only) Gracey,
Spoiler
Many thanks!

ali :D

#466 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

This was positively absolutely an amazing story. I thought it was just beyond fantastic. It didn't even feel like it was just a story at times like it felt that the people were actually telling me the story or as if I was just a spectator watching the story as it went along. The characters felt like friends. Deidre and Bane and his sisters were all my favorite characters. Bane was a sweet guy and his sisters just felt so normal, they just added some regular-ness to the story. Deidre, I really liked her. I just thought I could feel her every emotion as she felt it. The ending was perfect too. It was happy..somewhat but it also gave a sign for things to come. Things are going fine right now but they may not be later. Deidre just seemed prepared for it though, and I loved that. The whole thing just seemed a bit bittersweet in a way. Thanks for writing this story. I had tons of fun reading, it sort of made me learn something too.You are a great writer. -Nikki :icon_sunny:

#467 *LaLa giRrrL*

*LaLa giRrrL*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

i have spent the last... hours? (i dont even know haha) enthralled by this story!
i loved it! :eusa_clap:

#468 a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Dear Gracey,

So, as you might have come to understand through my frenzied comments on this thread in days past, this is the best story I've ever read on MCMB because it is mature, beautiful, and realistic. I enjoyed your exploration of what identity is and what true sorrow is. I liked the Deirdre of the Sorrows myth too (Naisi and his brothers are AMAZING). But while I assumed the myth was real, I got the shock of my life when I checked out a book out of the libray called The Swan Maiden and forty pages in realized belatedly (like the pronunciation of names and back cover should have tipped me off earlier) that it told the celtic myth you had summarized at the beginning of this story. So I just wanted you to know, that having read the legend now, I appreciate this story even more than before.

It really is brilliant. Oh, and I saw on Lily's thread that you've applied to some of the same schools I have. I wish you luck with it all and let me know how it goes (it be awesome if we went to the same school, lol).

Anyway, Love you!

~ :mgturtle: Kiwi :mgturtle: ~

#469 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

Eeee kiwi, what schools? And thank you thank you thank you for liking this. :D And you came across the myth? That's fanatstic! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

#470 rockdiva007

rockdiva007

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's been five years, but I still love Bane. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users