Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

So Yesterday

Chapter Six

I Didn’t Hear What You Were Saying. I love on Raw Emotion, Baby

Tristan

At first, it was hard to pretend like this was no big deal, but Riverside Bistro was full of memories – happy memories – and sometimes those were the hardest to duel in.

I had brought Jessie to this restaurant for our first ‘official’ date when we first started going out, and every year afterward for our anniversary.

“This place hasn’t change much, has it?” Jess said as we sat down and the waitress came to ask for our drink order.

“Not much,” I said, looking around.

It was a beautiful restaurant to be sure; cozy and rustic but upscale too, weird as that sounds.

“I wonder if the food is still good,” she said, clearly grasping at straws to make conversation, but since I was the fool who insisted on coming inside, even after I realized Tess was not going to show up, I figured it was up to me to help.

“I think so. My assistant was certainly waxing ecstatic about it. He was even surprised I was bringing a friend here,”

“Why?”

“Place has a reputation for being romantic.” I said, and Jessie looked around. Sure enough, couples surrounded us.

She smiled a little, “It’s the candles, I think.”

“Candles would explain the soft rosy glow that surrounded all the memories I had of this place.” I mumbled under my breath and Jessie’s smile widened.

“That’s just because it was the best of times.” She said, “I even remember fondly all the hours I spent freaking out over what to wear.”

“And here that I thought you weren’t fussy about things like that.”

“Do you imply I was sloppy?” She asked, narrowing her eyes a little.

“No. Just that you were always effortlessly beautiful.” I answered quickly before I realized this sounded suspiciously like flirting.

She must have realized it too because she hid behind her menu. But after that it was easier. We stayed on safe topics like work and our families and things were okay. Pleasant even.

We sent the server away twice when he interrupted us, and I even ordered chocolate soufflé for dessert, even though it meant waiting another half an hour for it.

“So, you are a divorce attorney?” She asked when I told her I specialized in family law.

“In a way. I deal with divorce, trusts funds, custodies, adoptions and family estates. Divorce is just a small part of it.”

“Why did you pick family law?”

“The money,” I said truthfully. “There might be less prestige than with criminal stuff, or less money than corporate law but it’s not as stressful or boring. Plus I get to be home by seven most nights, I can easily take off whenever Kylie has a public class or a festival.”
“I like having my own practice too,” She said excitedly. “There was a bit more of a financial risk buying into the practice; but now I can control my schedule.”

“What do you do when you need a vacation?”

“I have an agreement with a friend of mine from the Memorial Hospital. I have hospitalization privileges there, though I never really use them. Anyway, whenever I need a break, Di covers my practice. And whenever she needs a break, I cover her at the hospital.”

We talked for a few minutes more it was getting late and she said she had to go back to her office. So I offered to drive her since she said she had taken a taxi.

We kept talking for a while there but then, just as I reached her office, we both grew quiet.

“There is something I need to ask you,” I said suddenly, just as she began to reach for the door handle.

“What is it?” She asked, nervous.

“Why did you do it? Why Stanford? Why didn’t you tell me? Why did you just leave?”

Jess turned and at me. “I was wondering when you would ask.” She said sadly. “The truth is that I freaked out. We had been going out for three years and you were talking about our future like it was forever more.”

“Of course I did. I never thought we would break up. I loved you and I thought you loved me.”

“I did. I loved you more than anybody.” Jessie said, “It wasn’t about that. I just got scared. I know you probably didn’t mean to, but for a while there you were making me feel like I didn’t have a choice. I knew Georgetown was pretty much it for you – because of the scholarship, because it was convenient for your grandfather, and because you just wanted to go there…”

“I thought you wanted to go there too.” I said.

“I thought so too, but I wasn’t as sure as you.”

“There were other schools here, you didn’t have to move across the country.”

“I know. And I swear it wasn’t about Stanford itself – or the fact that my grandmother wanted me to go there - it was more of what it represented. You got so mad when I brought it up that one time and I don’t know, it became a symbol.”

“And signing up for summer session and leaving directly after graduation? Without telling me?”

“That was my being petty.” Jessie said, her smile turning rueful. “You were a bit of an a--h---- when you found out I was thinking of going.”

“I was an a--h----? Everyone knew you were leaving, everyone but me! I was hurt, sorry if that came out like I was being an a--h----.”

“Perhaps we should drop this,” Jess said.

“Fine.”

“Fine!” She took in a deep breath and reached for the door again, “Thanks for lunch. And for driving me.”

“Pleasure was all mine,” I said sarcastically.

She huffed and turned away.

And suddenly I felt something hot and angry come over me, and before I knew what it was, I was reaching for Jessie and pulling her io me, turning her to face me and planting my lips on hers.

It was a hard kiss. Definitely not my best work, and I was sure I was bruising both our lips.

But then, in a move we had perfected over a period of three years constantly making out in a car, Jess twisted a little, angled her head a little better; and sighed as I matched her movements and I took the chance and deepened the kiss, relaxing into something that felt as natural to me as breathing.

Something I missed more than I would ever admit, even to myself.

---000---

End of Chapter Six

#93 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

OH, myyyyy.

wow........

uummmmmmm.......

i. am. speechless.

that was INCREDIBLE.

WOW.......

yah, *hyperventalates*

okay.......UPDATE AGAIN PLLLEEEEEAAAAASSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes her head in astonishment*

luuuvvvvv,
Kayla :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

#94 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

HE KISSED HER!!!!!!!!!

I loveeee that chapter! :D

But I still cant believe Jess broke up with him and ran away to the other side of the country like that!?!

And what's with all the emphasis on which college you go to in America? Isnt what course you do more important? Weird...

Anyway, I cant wait to see what happens next! Maybe they'll get back together... ;)

UPDATE AGAIN SOON! :)

:heartbeat: Suze

#95 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

I've been waiting for that kiss! Aww it's so sweet.
Great update, once again!

*Sam*

#96 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

OH, myyyyy.

wow........

uummmmmmm.......

i. am. speechless.

that was INCREDIBLE.

WOW.......

yah, *hyperventalates*

okay.......UPDATE AGAIN PLLLEEEEEAAAAASSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes her head in astonishment*

luuuvvvvv,
Kayla :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

I'm working on it, I don't want to get behind again :P

#97 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

HE KISSED HER!!!!!!!!!

I loveeee that chapter! :D

But I still cant believe Jess broke up with him and ran away to the other side of the country like that!?!

And what's with all the emphasis on which college you go to in America? Isnt what course you do more important? Weird...

Anyway, I cant wait to see what happens next! Maybe they'll get back together... ;)

UPDATE AGAIN SOON! :)

I don't get the college thing either, I went to public school and my parents totally could send my sister and me to college without having to go into debt up their eyeballs, so I don't get the whole college system in the US, doesn't seem very practical to me.

And I think Jess was just young and made a mistake, one of those rash decisions

#98 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

I've been waiting for that kiss! Aww it's so sweet.
Great update, once again!

*Sam*

*curtsy*
I aim to please :D

I can say that there might be more kisses in the future.

#99 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

Sooo truth be said I just got butterflies! I loved the ending of that chapter very much! As you see I'm not dead because of you! lol

CLARA!

#100 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Oh goozie! They friggin' kissed!!!!!!

Posted Image

Totally unexpected.
And now, I understand why she left. Not the best choice of her life, but still understandable. She felt crowded. And scared.

But , maybe it's fine for them to get back now!!! It'll take a while sure ;)

More soon, Clavie!!

#101 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

I.
WANT.
AN.
UPDATE.

NOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

i luv this almost as much as i luv my cat........and that is a lot...... :)

UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luuvvvvv,
Kayla!!! :D :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

#102 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Such a sweet update! Clavie, you should SERIOUSLY consider publishing; you're sooo good! :D

I hope that kiss doesn't tear them more apart though .... :(

Update soon!

Phoebe

#103 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

awwwwww - that was such an amazing scene at the end! :heartbeat:

But know they're gonna get all awkward and ignore it :(

Rivea :icon_flower:

#104 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

Sooo truth be said I just got butterflies! I loved the ending of that chapter very much! As you see I'm not dead because of you! lol

CLARA!

YAY for butterflies! :) Good to know you're still around ;)

#105 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Oh goozie! They friggin' kissed!!!!!!

Posted Image

Totally unexpected.
And now, I understand why she left. Not the best choice of her life, but still understandable. She felt crowded. And scared.

But , maybe it's fine for them to get back now!!! It'll take a while sure ;)

More soon, Clavie!!

I thinks he was young and made a rash decision, and then sort of had to stick it out, but with them it wasn't about love, it was about the other things.

And I think that they kind of needed to be apart for a while -kind of like Michael and Mia in PD - to finish growing up

#106 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

I.
WANT.
AN.
UPDATE.

NOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

i luv this almost as much as i luv my cat........and that is a lot...... :)

UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luuvvvvv,
Kayla!!! :D :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

I'm working on the update, I hope to have it up either tonight or tomorrow morning :D

#107 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

Such a sweet update! Clavie, you should SERIOUSLY consider publishing; you're sooo good! :D

I hope that kiss doesn't tear them more apart though .... :(

Update soon!

Phoebe

*hugs*

Well... kissing should give them something to talk about, shouldn't it?
LOL

#108 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

awwwwww - that was such an amazing scene at the end! :heartbeat:

But know they're gonna get all awkward and ignore it :(

*Grins*

I like when they are naughty :D

#109 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

Where art thou update Clavie??

CLara!

#110 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Where art thou update Clavie??

CLara!

I'm sorry, I'm still working on it
I just had tons to do here - I offered to make some parting favors for my nephew's baptism next week, sooooo there was lots of printing, bagging and sneaking candy ;)

#111 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

..................update....................

:(

#112 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

..................update....................

:(

Update coming up, fresh off the press and probably with a few typos! Sorry for the delay

#113 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

So Yesterday

Chapter Seven

If it’s Over Let it Go

Jess

It was strange, making out in a car with Tristan, again, so many years later. Some things were different – like the car, or the fact that we weren’t quite as flexible as we used to be at 16 – but the sensation that went straight to my naughty bits and got me all hot and bothered? That was pretty much the same.

I don’t know for how long it went on, or for how much longer I would have let it gone on if my pager hadn’t sounded. Tristan and I both jumped at the shrill sound, bumping our heads.

“Damn!” Tristan muttered and rubbed his head; as I quickly gathered my things and threw the door open while he was distracted. I dashed into the office building (and into the bathroom as I quickly realized that my bra was unhooked) while he called after me.

Once in the bathroom, and with my heart pounding like crazy, I adjusted my clothes, checked the pager – just the receptionist letting reminding me my first appointment of the afternoon was due in 10 minutes – and was so flustered I actually answered my phone when it rang as I got in the elevator.

“Hello?”

“Jessie, we need to talk.” Tristan said in way of greeting. “I’m coming up to your office.”

“Please, don’t.” I said quickly, “I have appointments all afternoon.”

“Fine, but don’t you think you can avoid me forever.”

“Of course not,” I said and laughed nervously.

And then I proceeded to enter stealth mode for the next couple of weeks.

---000---

Over the next few days I kept myself busy, telling myself that if I was really busy I wasn’t really ignoring his calls, but after a few days he did stop calling and just left a message in my voicemail saying that if I was going to be a coward and stick my head in the sand, then he was done with me.

So, for the next couple of weeks I kept myself even busier, so I didn’t have to think about it. Telling myself he didn’t understand, and that I wasn’t a coward, but deep down I knew I was lying.

And when my friend Di called and asked if I would mind covering a few hours at the hospital, since they were short staffed, I jumped at the chance even though it meant I would spent my first free day in weeks covered in spit, snot and vomit.

Between patients and rounds, I filled Di in on the whole Tristan thing. I had told her a little about him in the past, particularly after she saw the painting in my office; but she had been so busy and I so paranoid that I hadn’t told her he was sort of back in my life.

Di listened and nodded and didn’t try to match make – which was refreshing, much as I love Tess, I knew she wanted something to happen between Tristan and me – she just listened and said that I should do what felt best for me now, regardless of old feelings. Which was no answer at all, but it still made me feel a little better.

And a few hours later, as I was walking out for the day – wearing a pair of scrubs since my own clothes got projectile vomited all over by an otherwise adorable five year old boy with stomach flu – I was kind of almost not thinking about Tristan when three ambulances arrived one after the other.

Di ran out “Can you stick around an help? It’s a multi car collision, we are expecting three more ambulances.”

I nodded, dropping my bag in the front desk, grabbing some gloves and running out.

“Grab that one,” Louis, my favorite E.R. nurse yelled, pointing at the ambulance on the far side, as he raced past me, placing a mask over the face of a small boy.

I ran just as the paramedics were unloading a small girl strapped onto a gurney.

“Oh, my god!” I cried, recognizing the pink wearing little girl. “What happened?”

“A truck ran into a SUV, it was a carpool car, we have another two children and the mother coming in.” the EMT said before starting to rattle out the particulars as I checked for myself.

“Kylie,” I gasped and then repeated more loudly, “Kylie, sweetheart, open your eyes.” I said when she started to blink and moan.

“Doc Jessie?” She mumbled, her voice thick. “It hurts.”

“What does it hurt baby?” I said.

“My leg.”

“Does your head hurt?”

“A little.”

“You neck?”

“No.”

“Alright,” I said, checking her neck once again before taking off the collar that kept her immobile.

“I want Tris.” She said suddenly and began to cry.

“He’ll be here soon.” I said. Even as the paramedics told me they were still trying to identify all the kids and who to contact.

I nodded, knowing I would be the one to make the call. And I just kept moving, stabilizing Kylie and quickly sending her up to have a CAT scan and MRI and every other test I could think of, even though she seemed to be alright, other than a possible fracture in her right leg.

In the lull as Kylie was taken upstairs, and the E.R. exam room was cleared for more patients, I went back to the front desk and got my cell phone out.

My fingers trembled in a way that they hadn’t since the first time I had to open an actual human body in med school, so it took me a few tries to dial the right number.

“Tristan?” I said as soon as he picked up.

“So… you finally call,” He said, in way of greeting.

“I’m at the hospital.” I said quickly and I head him draw a quick breath. “I’m working. Was. There was an accident. Car pool. They brought in Kylie.” I said quickly, sounding choppy and frantic. “She’s conscious and seems alright, she’s asking for you.”

“I’ll be right there.” He said and hung up.

I took a few deep breaths and went back into the exam rooms to see if I could help out, but things had settled down, as they often did in the E.R. and the doctors got back to seeing the people waiting at triage.

So I went up and found Kylie. It had never happened to me, to see one of my little patients like this, but Kylie was the worse for this to happen with. I had been in her house, seen her tiny pink bike. I knew how much she meant to Tristan and their Grandfather; and it hit me like a huge wave of something… I just wanted to make sure she was fine.

I stayed with her for the first test, glad the painkillers we had given her in the E.R. were holding up, and she seemed more awake. And when she asked about Tristan again, I said I would go check to see if he had arrived.

He was just rushing in when I stepped off the elevator, and I called his name.

---000---
End of Chapter 7

#114 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

Oh my... Didn't expect that :icon_eek: that was unexpected but when the ambulance pulled up I had a feeling! Great update ( so I don't know how to take a part of what you wrote and kind of copy it on here in a little box thing so i'll just do this)I had told him a little about him in the past, particularly after she saw the painting in my office; but she had been so busy and I so paranoid that I hadn’t told her he was sort of back in my life. it should be her in the first sentence!
Great Update!
Clara

#115 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

Oh my... Didn't expect that :icon_eek: that was unexpected but when the ambulance pulled up I had a feeling! Great update ( so I don't know how to take a part of what you wrote and kind of copy it on here in a little box thing so i'll just do this)I had told him a little about him in the past, particularly after she saw the painting in my office; but she had been so busy and I so paranoid that I hadn’t told her he was sort of back in my life. it should be her in the first sentence!
Great Update!
Clara

*nods*

Thanks! ;)

#116 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

Wow. My head's spinning. I'm glad Ktlie wasn't too hurt! And yay! Now Tris is gonna corner Jessie. And kiss her again ;)

please?

rivea :icon_flower:

#117 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

First part....*SWOON*

And then....it's so awful what happened to little Kylie......

More soon Clavie! Loved it!!! ;)

#118 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

Poor little Kylie. Im glad she wasn't too hurt!
Now Jess must talk to Tristan again and maybe we get some more kissing?

*Sam*

#119 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Wow. My head's spinning. I'm glad Ktlie wasn't too hurt! And yay! Now Tris is gonna corner Jessie. And kiss her again ;)

please?

rivea :icon_flower:

I promise something would happen soon :)

#120 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

First part....*SWOON*

And then....it's so awful what happened to little Kylie......

More soon Clavie! Loved it!!! ;)

I PROMISE I get the next chapter out on time!
*grins*
Going to work on it tonight!

#121 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

Poor little Kylie. Im glad she wasn't too hurt!
Now Jess must talk to Tristan again and maybe we get some more kissing?

*Sam*

Maybe more kissing, maybe moooooooreeeee

#122 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Poor Kylie :( And I hope I'm not being too insensive in saying that I hope this accident forces Tristan and Jess to spend slightly MORE time together :D

And more kisses of course :heartbeat:

Awesome update!!!

Phoebe

#123 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

*Knock Knock, Clavie*

:D :D

#124 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

Poor Kylie :( And I hope I'm not being too insensive in saying that I hope this accident forces Tristan and Jess to spend slightly MORE time together :D

And more kisses of course :heartbeat:

Awesome update!!!

Phoebe

Well... you'll see what happens and something WILL happen for sure

#125 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

*Knock Knock, Clavie*

:D :D

Sorry, somehow I've been having a hard time getting the chapters done, this one should be up soon though

#126 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

So Yesterday

Chapter Eight:

If I Get Too Tired to Make It, Be My Breath So I Can Walk

Tristan

I was tired and annoyed and I hadn’t been a joy to be around since the last time I had seen Jess. And I was kind of looking forward to venting a little on her when I saw her name show up in the ID caller of my phone.

Instead, I got hit with a bout of information that sent a cold chill down my spine. And the only lifeline I had was Jessie’s voice telling me it was going to be fine; that Kylie was fine. There had been an accident, but my baby sister was fine; and the knowledge that Jess was with her was surprisingly comforting.

I gathered my coat, wallet, keys and phone while I yelled to my secretary to cancel the rest of my appointments of the day. I knew I had to call Gramps and let him know but I wanted to see Kylie with my very own eyes before I made the call.

As much as I was trying to keep my cool, I wasn’t at my most level headed when I walked into the hospital, moving as in a daze. I was looking around, trying to figure out where should I ask for information when I heard Jessie calling my name.

“Tristan!” She said, taking my hand and gently pulling me toward a row of elevators as she told the security guards that it was all right, I was with her.

“How is she?” I asked.

“Kylie is fine. I just went a little crazy with the tests because I wanted to make sure. But she’s fine. I swear.”

I held her hand as we rode up and I only let go of it when I saw Kylie sitting up on an exam table as a nurse cut her sparkly, pink thighs. I rushed to her and wrapped her small body in my arms.

Behind me, I heard Jess tell the nurse that it was all right I was there, and I asked about some x-rays and results of other tests, and began look through the charts.

“Dr. Roberts said she would come to put the cast on herself.” The nurse said and Jess smiled.

“They said I could have a purple cast if I want!” Kylie said. “Or maybe blue, I haven’t decided yet.”

“Whatever the color, be sure to leave a nice, empty space on it and I’ll tell Tess to draw something for you on your cast.” Jess said, still squinting at the x-rays.

“Can she do bunnies?” Kylie asked eagerly.

“Anything you want,” She said smiling.

I called Gramps to tell him about Kylie and put her on the phone to reassure him that she was fine. A little while later another doctor came into the room – Jess introduced her as her friend Di – and set about putting the cast of Kylie’s leg.

I tried not to show it too much but it made me both sad and nervous to see Kylie’s skinny leg being wrapped up like that, not that she seemed to mind as she kept a steady chatter with Doctor Roberts.

“Alright, this needs to set for a moment, so why don’t we go start getting Kylie’s discharge papers ready?” Doctor Roberts said.

“Can I take her home? Shouldn’t she stay in for observation?”

“All the tests came clear, Tristan, She’ll be fine.” Jess said reassuringly, “We just have to schedule a couple of check in to see how the bone is healing, but that’ll be in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, all she needs is rest and pampering.”

I nodded, “All right.” I said, a bit unsure. “But I don’t want to leave her alone.”

“I’ll stay here for a while, ok?” She said, moving to sit next to Kylie. “She won’t be alone,”

…000…

A couple of hours later, I had finished settling Kylie in her room. Gramps had ordered pizza and we ate with her in her room before she took her medicine and went to sleep.

I had wanted Jess to come home with us, in part to make sure Kylie was fine and to thank her and so we could talk. But she disappeared as soon as I began to load Kylie into a wheelchair so I could take her out to my car.

She had kissed to top of Kylie’s hair and left hurriedly, saying she would have her secretary call mine to schedule an appointment for Kylie.

I had called after her, telling her to wait, but she just waved and said she would call me soon, but she had seemed weird, like she was about to cry. Which had left me a little worried.

“You know, Kylie is probably going to be asleep until morning,” Gramps said from behind me, as I stood in front of the sink doing the dishes.

“Yeah, that’s what the doctor said when she explained how we should give her the meds.” I said a little distracted, still thinking about Jess.

“So, if there is somewhere else you need to be right now, you can go. I can handle things here.”

“Gramps…” I said, knowing what he was getting at.

“Look, at least you should go over there and thank Jessie personally, she went above and beyond for Kylie, even if she is her doctor.”

“She didn’t look like she wanted to talk to me much,” I said, a bit annoyed. “And Kylie needs me here.”

“She’ll be out like a candle for hours. And I’m here.” Gramps said. “Go. Now.”

I sighed. “What if she doesn’t want to see me?”

“Knock on her door until she does.”

“I don’t have her address.”

“I do, Tessie gave it to me when she called earlier to ask about Kylie,” Gramps said smugly, waving a piece of paper in front of me.

I sighed and began to dry my hands. “But you’ll call me if she wakes up, right?”

“Of course.” Gramps said, smiling. “Don’t forget your coat! And buy her some flowers!” He called after me.

Like flowers were going to help.

…000…

End of Chapter 8

#127 bookgirl103092

bookgirl103092

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:24 AM

I thought you were going to take longer updating, so when I saw te update I was glad I got something to read before going to bed. :P

Update soon? Very soon! Please.

#128 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

His Gramp is the best! I wish I had one like him. Wise him.

Feels like things are gonna move up in the next update. So, you better be quick, Clavie, 'cause I can't wait!! :D

#129 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

Haha, last line was super funny! :D

And I loved how Jess was so caring and how Tristan loved that Jess was so caring :heartbeat:

Update soon

#130 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

I loved that last line. It's so funny. :D
I also loved how Tristan was so worried, he's so sweet!

*Sam*

#131 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

Great update Clavie! I hope the next update will have some action in it!

Clara

#132 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im REALLY glad that kylie is okay! :D

update soon pretty pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LUUUVVVVVVVVV,
Kayla :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

#133 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:35 AM

Aww, Jessie is so good with Kylie- and Tristan is sooo adorable when he's all worried! ^_^

That was a really good update, as per usual.

Tristan's grandpa is really funny and cool though. I think it's sweet that he's trying to get them together too :D

Update again soon!

#134 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

I thought you were going to take longer updating, so when I saw te update I was glad I got something to read before going to bed. :P

Update soon? Very soon! Please.

AW, I'm very sorry I've been a bit irregular with the chapters, I've been a bit all over the place lately :P Sorry

#135 CrazyClavie

CrazyClavie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

His Gramp is the best! I wish I had one like him. Wise him.

Feels like things are gonna move up in the next update. So, you better be quick, Clavie, 'cause I can't wait!! :D

Oh, Gramps is awesome, I really like how he meddles but without really sticking his nose in, you know? he's more like guide them toward what they want rather than telling them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users