Congratz Jamie! *Applause*

-MEGGIE

#93 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

Ash: it did make me laugh. :D Good job, nook.

Meg: I have a page three! :o Shooshyeah! Thanks.

:)

I. HAVE. THE. NEXT. UPDATE.

Yes, I know. Finally. :P I just finished and quickly edited so it's probably got some mistakes. But... Hope ya like it. :)

:heartbeat:

Chapter Five 
Rain is a Good Thing 
"It clouds up in the city. The weather man complains. But where I come from, rain is a good thing."

"Let me guess," Natty said, leaning against the counter while I counted out her change. "You didn't sleep good last night?"

I brought my exhausted gaze up to hers as I dropped a few coins into her hand. "I'm going to kill Allie," I simply said. 

"Why?" she asked, checking to see if I'd given her the right amount of money back. I didn't blame her. I'd yet again just barely made it through another semester of math. Add that to the two hours of sleep I'd gotten the night before, and I very easily could have given her back more money than she'd given me in the first place. 

"She was up at three this morning getting something to eat," I groaned. "Who eats at that time?"

"Um, pregnant women?" Natty guessed, picking up her smoothy from the counter. 

"Good one," I said, leaning my head against the wall. 

To top my mood off, it had just started to rain outside, making everything seem all the more depressing. 

"Is anyone else working?" Natty asked, peeking around me at the empty surroundings of the kitchen. 

"Shannon's in the back," I said. 

"Lonely." She frowned. 

"Peaceful," I corrected her. 

"You're a loner."

"And you're a—"

"Hey."

I swear, it nearly gave me a heart attack when I glanced over and found Delilah standing just a few feet in front of the counter. I really must have been out of it, seeing as I didn't even hear the damn bell ringing when she entered. Usually the thing made me flinch just about every time it went off. 

"Oh. Hey."

Natty stepped out of the way, grabbing her drink, thinking it was just another customer. 

Delilah stepped up, though, putting her hands on the counter. I looked at her up and down and raised an eyebrow. 

She was soaked, really. From head to toe her clothes were completely drenched. It was kind of funny looking, actually. 

"You look...like a mess," I said honestly, accidentally breaking out into a grin as I brought my eyes back up to Delilah's face.  

"Chase!" Natty scolded me, looking shocked. 

"I know her," I explained, rolling my eyes. 

"No," Delilah said, giving me a pointed look, shaking her head. "You don't. You didn't even get my last name."

"But I will," I said quickly. 

"In your dreams."

Natty laughed, then looked at me, pointing to Delilah, and said, "I like her. Where'd you find her?"

"Tripp and I kicked her ass at pingpong," I said, careful to look at Delilah and gage her reaction. Some people can be a little put off by mentioning a previous ass-kicking, especially when they were on the receiving end. 

She didn't look offended though. She just rolled her eyes, appearing more amused than anything as she said, "If I hadn't been having to play with Macy, it would have been different."

"Oh," Natty said, coming to a sudden realization. "You're Macy's sister."

"Yeah. Well, sort of," Delilah said. Sort of? "And you're...?"

"I'm Tripp's sister," Natty introduced. 

"Ah..." Delilah said, obviously not knowing how to respond to that at all. Obviously she wasn't too excited about her sister's (or whatever Macy was to her) new relationship with Tripp. 

"It's okay. I don't like him that much either," Natty said, twirling her straw around in her smoothy. 

I looked at Delilah and asked the question that had been burning in the back of my mind since she walked in. 

"Why are you soaking wet?" I asked. 

She blinked. "It's raining."

It's as though she thought I was stupid. Which, you know, under some circumstances I may be, but I can certainly tell when water is pouring out of the sky.  

"I know it's raining." I rolled my eyes. "Have you ever heard of an umbrella? Did you walk here or something? Are you insane?" I looked her up and down again, curiously. 

She said, with another blank look, "I have heard of an umbrella, actually. I did walk here, but I live just down the road and it wasn't raining when I left. And, no, I'm really fairly sane compared to some." She eyed me fairly specifically. 

"Ooh," Natty said, putting a hand to her mouth. "She told you, Chase."

I groaned, leaning my head against the wall. "I'm really in no condition to deal with either of you."

"Poor guy," Delilah said, not sounding sympathetic in the slightest. "But, really, I would like something to drink. I walked through a torrential downpour to get here, so a little service would be nice."

I thought for a moment. "You answer a question of mine and I'll give you my upmost attention," I offered, grinning as her defeated expression. 

If this girl kept showing up every single place I inhabited, I at least wanted to know a few simple things about her. That wasn't so crazy, was it? 

"Fine," she agreed, gritting her teeth. 

"If you're not Macy's sister...then how do you guys know each other?" I asked, watching her grimace as I said it. 

"She's my cousin. I live with her and her parents," Delilah said, taking in a breath. "And I'd really like a strawberry smoothy."

Huh...well.

I started to open my mouth, wanting to ask more, but remembered the deal. Instead I just said, "That'll be three dollars and fifty seven cents."

"See, he sticks to his word," Natty told Delilah as I took the five dollar bill she'd pulled out of her pocket. "What a nice guy."

"Shut up," I told her, walking to the back to get Delilah's drink. 

"Such a gentleman," Natty added. 

After I came back and handed Delilah the smoothy, Natty turned back to me. 

"I'm gonna go home," she said, handing me her empty cup to put in the trashcan beneath the counter. "I wanna go before it starts raining really bad. Are you gonna stop by when you get off and hang out with Tripp and me?"

Before I could tell her probably not (honestly, I just wanted to go crawl into bed and catch up on my sleep) Delilah said, "You know, Tripp's at my house right now."

We both turned and looked at her. 

"Seriously?" I asked. 

"Yeah." She shrugged. "Macy and him are watching The Notebook."

Natty busted out laughing and I smiled a little. 

"How did she get him to watch that?" Natty asked, sounding maybe too shocked. Her eyes widened and she stared at Delilah. Clearly Natty's luck with trying to get Tripp to watch a girl movie had never been as successful as Macy's. 

"Um." Delilah looked between us. "I don't know. He seemed pretty willing. Is he usually not one to sit down and watch a girl movie?"

"No, not at all," I assured her, grinning, realizing the torture his mind must have currently been going through. 

"Wow. That's great," Natty said, looking happy, apparently thinking the same thing as me. She smiled again, grabbing her bag from where she'd laid it on the counter, and starting to back out. "Anyway, bye, Chase. Maybe I'll see you later. And nice meeting you Delilah."

Both Delilah and I nodded at her and she left, rushing out into the rain towards her parked car. 

"She's a mess," I said as an explanation for Natty's behavior when Delilah looked at me curiously. 

She shrugged, picking her drink up again. She headed over toward a vacant table (actually, they were all empty) and took a seat, stretching her feet across another chair, seemingly not caring she was in a public place. 

I looked around the completely deserted space, back to the closed door of Shannon's office. It was almost too quiet, the rain pounding against the windows and street being the only real noises. 

"You know," I said, my voice sounding too loud, "this is really getting old."

Delilah glanced up and gave me a confused look. 

"The stalker-ish-ly hanging around places I'm at and doing your best to avoid speaking to me directly," I elaborated. "I'm a very friendly person. I'd be perfectly happy just talking to you whenever you're around. You could even start the conversation once, yeah? I like mixing it up every now and then, you know?"

Maybe just once I had said the right thing since it appeared she was trying pretty hard not to smile.  

"And maybe," I continued, coming around the counter, "you could even tell me something about you without having to make crazy deals. That would be nice, right?" I came up to her table and pulled out one of the chairs, taking a seat and leaning my elbows against the table. 

Delilah looked up at me, maintaining a semi-straight face as she told me, "You're so—"

"Charming, right?"

"—egotistical," she finished, nodding, apparently certain she'd found the right word to describe me. 

I dropped my mouth open, pretending to be shocked at this. Though, really, I was pretty sure Allison had called me the same thing a week before. 

"Oh, no way," I said, shaking my head, keeping an eye on the door just in case a customer actually happened to show up. "That's not me at all."

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah? I bet you think everyone likes you."

"No, not at all. I'm pretty sure you don't like me that much," I corrected her, not being able to help but grin a little. I found it refreshing how easy it was to talk with and pick on her. 

She rolled her eyes, dropping her hands to the table. "I don't not like you. I just think you're egotistical."

"Okay. Fine," I said. "I'm egotistical. You also know my last name, how old I am, that I have an older sister, where I work, and you've met some of my best friends."

She stared at me. "So?"

"So," I said, "what's your story?"

I felt like I was being tested as she looked me over, pushing her hair behind her ear. She leaned a little closer and sighed, then spoke slowly. 

"How much time do you have?"

I grinned.  

"Let me get this straight," I said, taking my eyes off the road for a moment and looking at her. "When you were seven, they ditched you?"

Delilah Summers—fifteen years old, technically an only child, and allergic to cats—nodded, looking at the window and tapping her fingers against her pretty much dry shorts.

"So since your parents dropped you off with Macy and your aunt and uncle...you haven't heard from them?" I guessed, bringing my eyes back to the road. 

"Nope," she said simply. "Turn right up here. My house is the second one on the right."

The ride was only a few minutes, but still, it must have taken her a little longer to walk all the way there. 

After she'd told me a few most crucial facts about her (she hated the cold, loved soda, and had zero sense of direction—that last one I could relate too) and I'd told her a few more about me (I sucked at lying, despised pop up advertisements, and ate way too many Popsicles), she'd agreed to let me drive her home in the pouring down rain, since Shannon had let me off early. 

Other than that, I knew that the whole reason she resided with Macy and her parents was because her parents had left her with them when they...well, when they didn't want her anymore, I guess. 

Which was really kind of awful, I thought, but Delilah just shrugged it off like it was another simple fact about her life. I let it go. 

I turned into her driveway a moment later and smiled a little when I saw Tripp's car parked there too. 

"Okay," she said, unbuckling her seatbelt. "Thanks for the ride, Chase."

"No problem," I said. "Having a conversation where both sides are willingly communicating's pretty fun, right?"

She laughed, leaning her head back against the seat. "Yeah. It can be nice, I suppose."

"Suppose?" I said, mock-piqued. "Come on; I'm loads of fun to talk to."

I wasn't really sure if that was true at all, but I knew the conversation between us surely hadn't been lacking. Things to say kept seeming to surface in my mind when we were speaking, and for some reason I really couldn't stop them from coming out of my mouth. She was strangely comforting to talk to. Possibly because no matter what it was I said, she didn't ever have too much of a reaction. At least a visible one. 

Plus she had pretty entertaining comebacks most of the time. 

"See, here's where that egotistical thing comes back into play," she said, turning her head to smile at me. 

"I refuse to believe that."

She shook her head and reached for the door. 

"Wait," I said, smiling and leaning over, grabbing her arm and stopping her. 

She glanced back between me and my hand. "What?" she asked. 

"Do you want to have a pingpong rematch at the pool tomorrow?"

Seriously, I had no idea where the invite came from. All I knew was that I didn't feel like I'd gotten her entire story out of her, and I hated not hearing some of a good story. 

"Without Macy?" she asked. 

"Without Macy and Tripp," I clarified. "Let's face it. They ruined the game last time."

Delilah rolled her eyes. "True." She paused and looked around the truck, then decided. "Okay. Deal. Meet me there at noon?"

I nodded, a little surprised she had actually said yes. I mean, just judging by her previous willingness to be in the vicinity of me, I wouldn't have expected her to agree to it half an hour before. Especially as quickly as she had. 

"And you don't think it's a date or anything, do you?" she asked, giving me a slightly disgusted look that didn't exactly boost my self-esteem. "Because, no offense or anything, but I don't like you like that. At all."

Yet again, what a confidence booster. 

I looked down at her. I smiled, saying, "Look who's got the big ego now."

SO? Like it? Hope so. :) Tell me whatcha think and CC.

And WOW I keep using a lot of COUNTRY artist for the titles *WINKWINK* lol. Guess. :)

#94 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

Okay. SO before anyone can guess this (since I am absolutely in love with this song) the artist is Luke Bryan! God I love him :D Sorry. I just had to have this one. :D

*Now back to reading*

-MEGGIE

Edited by 24moon100, 16 June 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#95 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

I love it, I love it, I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!! :D

Do you have any idea how amazing this story is???

Well I will tell you- EXTREMELY amazing :D

I bet that in a few years, I will see this in the bookstore, and I will go crazy from happiness and start yelling: MY BESTIE JAMIE WROTE THIS INCREDIBLE STORY! :)

Okayy, I must calm down now :P

Now that you now just how I feel about this, I hope it inspires you to update again quickly, because I will be waiting ^_^

:m: Suze...<3

#96 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

Delilah SUMMERS! I actually like that last name a lot, now that I think about it. :P Haha.

First off: One little thing before I forget... its a guess actually (please only Jamie read, or at your own risk, Its kind of an important spoiler):

Spoiler

Just a slight hunch. :) You don't have to tell me I'm right yet I just want to say because that's what I'm thinking. Haha. :D

Second of all: Here I come with quotes galore! :hyper:

It's as though she thought I was stupid. Which, you know, under some circumstances I may be, but I can certainly tell when water is pouring out of the sky.

HAHAHA. Chase is too funny. :P Oh Jamie. Why must you have such amazing skills at humor?

"See, he sticks to his word," Natty told Delilah as I took the five dollar bill she'd pulled out of her pocket. "What a nice guy."

Wow Natty. :eusa_clap: She is my favorite though (Don't ask me why) I've just decided that between her and Allison, they really do know how to make me laugh. :D I love her and Chase's banter! Its hilarious.

Delilah looked up at me, maintaining a semi-straight face as she told me, "You're so—"

"Charming, right?"

"—egotistical," she finished, nodding, apparently certain she'd found the right word to describe me.

Now I have to agree with both of them on this one :D Chase is both charming and egotistical. Haha.

I groaned, leaning my head against the wall. "I'm really in no condition to deal with either of you."

"Poor guy," Delilah said, not sounding sympathetic in the slightest. "But, really, I would like something to drink. I walked through a torrential downpour to get here, so a little service would be nice."

Now, honestly, they would be so PERFECT for each other. :D Delilah and Chase have sarcasm. What more can you ask for in a relationship than chemistry? Haha. No but that quote literally made my day...or night, since its around midnight already. :a_smil08:

"She was up at three this morning getting something to eat," I groaned. "Who eats at that time?"

"How did she get him to watch that?" Natty asked, sounding maybe too shocked. Her eyes widened and she stared at Delilah. Clearly Natty's luck with trying to get Tripp to watch a girl movie had never been as successful as Macy's.

HA! Tripp having to watch the Notebook=me laughing at his expense! I love that movie though. I just bet a guy would hate it.

"Um." Delilah looked between us. "I don't know. He seemed pretty willing. Is he usually not one to sit down and watch a girl movie?"

"No, not at all," I assured her, grinning, realizing the torture his mind must have currently been going through.

So a couple more things I'll be happy to mention to you:

I'm thrilled you put Natty in this time. I absolutely love her. :D

Chase taking Delilah home was the SWEETEST. Even though, she still denies liking him. I'm still considering their ping pong match as a date. I don't care what she says. :heartbeat:

I really admire Delilah's personality. Her sarcasm, her obliviousness for what people think about her, and that mysterious vibe (What with the whole story thing that Chase has to unfold) The way Chase can seem to feel so many different things around her while she appears almost passive to him. Its cute. Its really cute.

You are really fantastic at character development Jamie. Every single one of your characters has had very distinct and unique characteristics.

And awww! Felix not at work today? Fuge! :evil: Ha. No. It's okay. I forgive you for making him absent.

Flawless writing, no doubt this time, you just keep getting better!

Hope that comment did some good...

I can be a bit crazy.

UPDATE QUICK! I WANT MORE!

-MEGHAN

Edited by 24moon100, 17 June 2011 - 12:30 AM.

#97 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

WHAT?

Macy got him to watch that? I couldn't even get Nathan to watch Airplane.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaay, I wasn't on much yesterday due to me chilling with my bud. How my day went can be seen on my status.

Sooooooooo~ Is there going to be an epic road trip FILLED with crack jokes?

#98 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Suze: Freaking love... Hahaha. Actually, I have no idea how "amazing this story is" until y'all tell me. :P Haha naw it won't be in a bookstore in a few years...maybe a little longer than that. Haha. Just kidding. Lol, I'm pretty confident I know what's going to happen in the next chapter, so it should be up quicker than the last chapter was. 

Meghan: You're comments are so entertaining, haha. Mmkay:
I love the name now. At first I wasn't sure, but I'm so glad you thought of it. To comment on the spoiler (don't read anyone else!)...
Spoiler
And I'm not going to say anything about the quotes except you managed to pick out my favorite lines again. :) Yeah, I have my own faves :P
Delilah's really interesting to write. I thought it'd be hard to keep her in character, but it's strangely easy. Plus, I'm just gonna say, Delilah's a pretty good actress. ;)
Felix just would have made the day all the more hectic, lol. 
Thank you, thank you, thank you lots, dude. :D And QUESTION. Two prize options: Do you want a banner or do you want to tell me a word (ANY word! Not a name, though) and make me use it in the next chapter? Just lemme know! 

Ash: You know what's funny? All 3 of my bros and my dad like The Notebook. We all watched it together the first time we did haha, and they liked it more than me. And THANKS FOR TELLING EVERYONE! :/ Haha. But...yeah, maybe there will be. Thanks. 

#99 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

JAMIE!!!!!!!!.

Before you read this, I warn, I am having a blonde day. OKAY, a blonde week. Nothing I say sounds intelligent. Sigh. L

Okay, here it is:

Georgia’s Not So Highly Scientific Comment on The First Five Chapters of Jamie’s Awesome Story.

Chapter 1.

First things first. God I wish it was summer. Thus I will live vicariously through your story and all the summery details.

I like Chase.

I like pregnant women. They come out with the funniest things to say. :D Along with being very obvious. ‘Im pregnant’ LOL. I like Allison.

"She and Tripp were playing basketball and Natty was running towards the basket. You know, she's not very coordinated. And, well, as Tripp threw her the ball, she apparently tried to catch it with her face."

So, yes. I have actually tried to catch a ball with my face before. It hurt. A lot. But that was in soccer… I just used the wrong part of my face, :P

Tripp was the exact opposite. His favorite joke was women's rights. 

...Get it?

So. My BFF. Loves these jokes, and she is well, female. Which makes it even worse. Ehehe.  This made me laugh so bad because she said this one like 2 days before you posed this. :P

Annnyyyywaaayyy.

Jamie = Brilliant J I adore this.

Chapter 2.

Heheheh. I never actually noticed that there is the irony with Chaseing Delilah.

I love the name Delilah; it reminds me of a horse though.

Regardless of her abnormally horrible coordination, she was still hot. 

Her younger sister, whose name I'd learned but had currently forgotten, was way better at the game than she was, but that didn't matter. Because, as previously mentioned, she was hot. 

BAHAHAHA. I like it how you never fail to remember that guys mainly have one thing that over rules everything. A girls hotness. :P

"She's..."

"Wearing a bathing suit three sizes too small," Natty finished for me, smirking. She laughed a little. "Youcome on. You can do better than that. Anyone can, Chase."

"What about Tripp?"

"Tripp's unique," she explained over the sounds of splashing kids in the water. 

"Meaning that?"

"Meaning that he actually can't do better."

I like Natty. She is a cooooooool chick. I like the personality difference between her and Tripp. It’s SO entertaining.

"She's a pain in the...well, everywhere actually..." I realized.

Sigh. I know how that feels. I have a sister. Except, she is younger….and not pregnant.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have my job. I mean, it's easy. Serving an assortment of drinks to people (not just coffee—in fact, there's less coffee than any other drink at Coffee) is not something that requires an abundance of talent. But, well, I happen to hate one of my co-workers

I WORK AT A COFFEE SHOP. Actually I work at 3. But, yes, I agree it does not require a lot of talent. Until you try to make the pretty little shapes with the different colour foam. I can only do a swirl and a heart. L

"It's Delilah."

Delilah.

I HEARD THE ECHO. In my head it was like a satisfied sigh.

Your writing seems so effortless Jamie. It is amazing the progress from your last story and this one. The other was AWESOME, but this is just … wow.

Chapter 3.

I love the song you chose for this chapter. My friend and I like to belt it out on the odd occasion.

"Chase," she sighed, staring out the window. I was driving. She didn't feel like driving. Or more like she didn't feel like using her own gas money. "That was a stop sign."

I do this all the time. Making my friends drive is a lot more friendly on my bank account.

I sighed, nodding. "Tripp..." I called, just loud enough for him to hear and also to annoy a few people. 

He glanced at me from the table just a matter of feet away, distracted from Macy, an irritated expression clear on his face. "What?" he mouthed. 

"Check."

BAHAHAHAHAHA. That is all.

#100 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Chapter 4.

My favourite part from this chapter.

"Full name?"

"Chase Walker."

She smiled, just about like everyone else did when they heard my name. Damn my parents stupid sense of humor. 

by the way. You totally blew my mind with  Chase Walker . J I sat there for ages…and then BAMB.

"Do I look gay?"

"Is that rhetorical?"

"Can we stop asking questions?" 

She laughed for real for the first time—well, the first time in front of me—and nodded. 

I love the way you write Jamie. It just seems so natural. Plus this type of banter is just golden <3

I stared at her, and so did Tripp. "Huh?" we asked simultaneously. 

I could see this moment in my head. Actually I can see the whole thing play out before my eyes, but this just stood out.

"I don't know. You're a guy. Guys build things," she said. 

"Stereotype," I explained, going to sit down in front of the box. "You're the one that played with Legos."

Heheheheheheeh. J I make the guys build things too! And fix things… stereotypes are awesome.

I must add just here. I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS AND I ALSO LOVE JAMIE FOR MAKING THE GILMORE GIRLS PICTURE FOR ME. IT IS GOING ON MY PROFILE ASAP!!

Chapter 5. (Finally up to date. Hell Yeah J)

Okay. This is just my Australian thingy here but every time I see ‘smoothy’ I have to do a double take. Im just so used to seeing it be written smoothie. :P anyway. Back to the UPDATE. :D

She was soaked, really. From head to toe her clothes were completely drenched. It was kind of funny looking, actually. 

"You look...like a mess," I said honestly, accidentally breaking out into a grin as I brought my eyes back up to Delilah's face.  

I can relate to that. It was raining today, I got soaked walking into my work. I looked really delightful for my entire shift. Hehehe. Delightful. Delilah :P

I have to say. Chase really just set himself up for that one. Helllloooo Mr. Obvious. J Hehehe.

"Charming, right?"

I dropped my mouth open, pretending to be shocked at this. Though, really, I was pretty sure Allison had called me the same thing a week before. 

Bahahahha. I think he is both. In some ways. But in a totally adorable and I love him way :D

Other than that, I knew that the whole reason she resided with Macy and her parents was because her parents had left her with them when they...well, when they didn't want her anymore, I guess

Okay, this Jamie was depressing. Though I guess it will become a main part of the story….? Hehehe.

But I still L.O.V.E  it x

Awesome update.

Awesome story.

Thus Concludes Georgia’s Not So Highly Scientific Comment on The First Five Chapters of Jamie’s Awesome Story.

Love, Georgia.xx

P.S. DUDE! This comment is like 1,250 words long!!! That is including my quotes, which is a lot, but oh well. Its long okay :D

#101 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

Oki doki :) I think what ever works for you. If a word would be easier I don't mind. :D I'd rather have a banner though, I like pictures.... ^_^

And on the spoiler: (NO LOOKING OTHER PEOPLES)

Spoiler

As for my comment...you understood that? Haha. Lol. I messed up on one of the quote things on accident.

-MEG

#102 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:29 AM

GEORGIA: You're always blonde! :P it's not a bad thing! Haha. It's entertaining. And, God. You wrote a long comment.  Mhm, well. THANK YOU. Very much. I seriously had the funnest time reading it. When you said the thing about how the name Delilah reminded you of a horse, I literally started laughing rather loudly because...well, I don't know why, really. Anyway, I'm glad my story let's you live through summer. I'm way better at writing stories that revolve around summer for some stupid reason. Ah, there are so many things I want to comment on that you mentioned, but that would take eons... SO. I'll say a few things: You work at a coffee shop?! THREE?! haha that's cool. I have a strange dream to work at one. Weird, yeah :/ and OH I was worried someone wouldn't be able to get the "Chase Walker" name. Trust it to be you--but just for a moment haha. True confession: I have no idea how smoothy/smoothie is supposed to be spelled. It's probably "ie" come to think of it, but it doesn't tell me it's wrong the other way, so I just went with it. Lol. Who knows :P I'll just alternate haha. YOU SAID MY STORY WAS DOTDOTDOT WOW!!!! Made me feel special :P. Your comment was spectacular. It made my day! by the way, GILMORE GIRLS FOREVA! <3

Meg: Nah, I'll do either, I just figure you guys have got to get tired of pictures eventually LOL. I already know what yours is gonna be so it'll be even more simple :P And,
Spoiler
lol, I have good comprehension skills so I figured it all out. :P

Errgh. 1:26 AM. I'm totally having another sleepless summer :/ hah.

#103 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Raah. This update filled me with happy.
It was too cute.
Chase and Delilah are adorable together.

And the mystery sister/not sister thing revealed!
That was an interesting twist.

I can totally relate and it makes me like Delilah that much more.

Update soooon please! :)

#104 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

Kylie: Thank yewww :D They fill me with happy too. I liek their silly little relationship so far. Glad she's relatable and all. Tis the goal of a writer! Haha. I'll try and get the next chapter up soon.

For you Meghan:
Posted Image

I suspected you'd like that... :P

#105 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

Oh goodness. My hearts just meting at the sight! Damon is the sexiest beast on the planet! (Just look at his smoldering eyes! They're like hypnotizing!) I. Love. Him. To. Death.

Thanks Jamie!

-MEGHAN

#106 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:53 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I.Missed.An.Update!??!!

How?!??!

God! No one tells me anything anymore!

Like..I mean WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

And She's allegic to cats!

RUSTY'S IN THE CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Family Joke)

I'm ALLEGIC TO THEM!

(Shakes HEAD)

HATE EM!

Yet my aunt has them.....-.-

Annnnnnnnywayssssssssss

I whip my hair back and forth
I whip my hair back and forth

Yeahh it's WILLOW!

Prize on who guessed that gets a unicorn with glitter!

And may I quote something from this that I loved?

Chapter Five
Rain is a Good Thing
"It clouds up in the city. The weather man complains. But where I come from, rain is a good thing."

"Let me guess," Natty said, leaning against the counter while I counted out her change. "You didn't sleep good last night?"

I brought my exhausted gaze up to hers as I dropped a few coins into her hand. "I'm going to kill Allie," I simply said.

"Why?" she asked, checking to see if I'd given her the right amount of money back. I didn't blame her. I'd yet again just barely made it through another semester of math. Add that to the two hours of sleep I'd gotten the night before, and I very easily could have given her back more money than she'd given me in the first place.

To top my mood off, it had just started to rain outside, making everything seem all the more depressing.

"Is anyone else working?" Natty asked, peeking around me at the empty surroundings of the kitchen.

"Shannon's in the back," I said.

"Lonely." She frowned.

"Peaceful," I corrected her.

"You're a loner."

"And you're a—"

"Hey."

I swear, it nearly gave me a heart attack when I glanced over and found Delilah standing just a few feet in front of the counter. I really must have been out of it, seeing as I didn't even hear the damn bell ringing when she entered. Usually the thing made me flinch just about every time it went off.

"Oh. Hey."

Natty stepped out of the way, grabbing her drink, thinking it was just another customer.

Delilah stepped up, though, putting her hands on the counter. I looked at her up and down and raised an eyebrow.

"I know her," I explained, rolling my eyes.

"No," Delilah said, giving me a pointed look, shaking her head. "You don't. You didn't even get my last name."

"But I will," I said quickly.

"In your dreams."

Natty laughed, then looked at me, pointing to Delilah, and said, "I like her. Where'd you find her?"

"Tripp and I kicked her ass at pingpong," I said, careful to look at Delilah and gage her reaction. Some people can be a little put off by mentioning a previous ass-kicking, especially when they were on the receiving end.

She didn't look offended though. She just rolled her eyes, appearing more amused than anything as she said, "If I hadn't been having to play with Macy, it would have been different."

"Oh," Natty said, coming to a sudden realization. "You're Macy's sister."

"Yeah. Well, sort of," Delilah said. Sort of? "And you're...?"

"I'm Tripp's sister," Natty introduced.

"Ah..." Delilah said, obviously not knowing how to respond to that at all. Obviously she wasn't too excited about her sister's (or whatever Macy was to her) new relationship with Tripp.

"It's okay. I don't like him that much either," Natty said, twirling her straw around in her smoothy.

I looked at Delilah and asked the question that had been burning in the back of my mind since she walked in.

"I know it's raining." I rolled my eyes. "Have you ever heard of an umbrella? Did you walk here or something? Are you insane?" I looked her up and down again, curiously.

She said, with another blank look, "I have heard of an umbrella, actually. I did walk here, but I live just down the road and it wasn't raining when I left. And, no, I'm really fairly sane compared to some." She eyed me fairly specifically.

I thought for a moment. "You answer a question of mine and I'll give you my upmost attention," I offered, grinning as her defeated expression.

If this girl kept showing up every single place I inhabited, I at least wanted to know a few simple things about her. That wasn't so crazy, was it?

"Fine," she agreed, gritting her teeth.

"If you're not Macy's sister...then how do you guys know each other?" I asked, watching her grimace as I said it.

"She's my cousin. I live with her and her parents," Delilah said, taking in a breath. "And I'd really like a strawberry smoothy."

Huh...well.

I started to open my mouth, wanting to ask more, but remembered the deal. Instead I just said, "That'll be three dollars and fifty seven cents."

After I came back and handed Delilah the smoothy, Natty turned back to me.

"I'm gonna go home," she said, handing me her empty cup to put in the trashcan beneath the counter. "I wanna go before it starts raining really bad. Are you gonna stop by when you get off and hang out with Tripp and me?"

Before I could tell her probably not (honestly, I just wanted to go crawl into bed and catch up on my sleep) Delilah said, "You know, Tripp's at my house right now."

We both turned and looked at her.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah." She shrugged. "Macy and him are watching The Notebook."

Natty busted out laughing and I smiled a little.

"How did she get him to watch that?" Natty asked, sounding maybe too shocked. Her eyes widened and she stared at Delilah. Clearly Natty's luck with trying to get Tripp to watch a girl movie had never been as successful as Macy's.

"Wow. That's great," Natty said, looking happy, apparently thinking the same thing as me. She smiled again, grabbing her bag from where she'd laid it on the counter, and starting to back out. "Anyway, bye, Chase. Maybe I'll see you later. And nice meeting you Delilah."

Both Delilah and I nodded at her and she left, rushing out into the rain towards her parked car.

"She's a mess," I said as an explanation for Natty's behavior when Delilah looked at me curiously.

She shrugged, picking her drink up again. She headed over toward a vacant table (actually, they were all empty) and took a seat, stretching her feet across another chair, seemingly not caring she was in a public place.

I looked around the completely deserted space, back to the closed door of Shannon's office. It was almost too quiet, the rain pounding against the windows and street being the only real noises.

"You know," I said, my voice sounding too loud, "this is really getting old."

Delilah glanced up and gave me a confused look.

"The stalker-ish-ly hanging around places I'm at and doing your best to avoid speaking to me directly," I elaborated. "I'm a very friendly person. I'd be perfectly happy just talking to you whenever you're around. You could even start the conversation once, yeah? I like mixing it up every now and then, you know?"

Maybe just once I had said the right thing since it appeared she was trying pretty hard not to smile.

"And maybe," I continued, coming around the counter, "you could even tell me something about you without having to make crazy deals. That would be nice, right?" I came up to her table and pulled out one of the chairs, taking a seat and leaning my elbows against the table.

"Charming, right?"

"Oh, no way," I said, shaking my head, keeping an eye on the door just in case a customer actually happened to show up. "That's not me at all."

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah? I bet you think everyone likes you."

"No, not at all. I'm pretty sure you don't like me that much," I corrected her, not being able to help but grin a little. I found it refreshing how easy it was to talk with and pick on her.

She rolled her eyes, dropping her hands to the table. "I don't not like you. I just think you're egotistical."

"Okay. Fine," I said. "I'm egotistical. You also know my last name, how old I am, that I have an older sister, where I work, and you've met some of my best friends."

She stared at me. "So?"

"So," I said, "what's your story?"

I felt like I was being tested as she looked me over, pushing her hair behind her ear. She leaned a little closer and sighed, then spoke slowly.

"How much time do you have?"

I grinned.

"Let me get this straight," I said, taking my eyes off the road for a moment and looking at her. "When you were seven, they ditched you?"

Delilah Summers—fifteen years old, technically an only child, and allergic to cats—nodded, looking at the window and tapping her fingers against her pretty much dry shorts.

"So since your parents dropped you off with Macy and your aunt and uncle...you haven't heard from them?" I guessed, bringing my eyes back to the road.

"Nope," she said simply. "Turn right up here. My house is the second one on the right."

The ride was only a few minutes, but still, it must have taken her a little longer to walk all the way there.

After she'd told me a few most crucial facts about her (she hated the cold, loved soda, and had zero sense of direction—that last one I could relate too) and I'd told her a few more about me (I sucked at lying, despised pop up advertisements, and ate way too many Popsicles), she'd agreed to let me drive her home in the pouring down rain, since Shannon had let me off early.

Other than that, I knew that the whole reason she resided with Macy and her parents was because her parents had left her with them when they...well, when they didn't want her anymore, I guess.

Which was really kind of awful, I thought, but Delilah just shrugged it off like it was another simple fact about her life. I let it go.

I turned into her driveway a moment later and smiled a little when I saw Tripp's car parked there too.

"Okay," she said, unbuckling her seatbelt. "Thanks for the ride, Chase."

"No problem," I said. "Having a conversation where both sides are willingly communicating's pretty fun, right?"

She laughed, leaning her head back against the seat. "Yeah. It can be nice, I suppose."

"Suppose?" I said, mock-piqued. "Come on; I'm loads of fun to talk to."

I wasn't really sure if that was true at all, but I knew the conversation between us surely hadn't been lacking. Things to say kept seeming to surface in my mind when we were speaking, and for some reason I really couldn't stop them from coming out of my mouth. She was strangely comforting to talk to. Possibly because no matter what it was I said, she didn't ever have too much of a reaction. At least a visible one.

Plus she had pretty entertaining comebacks most of the time.

"See, here's where that egotistical thing comes back into play," she said, turning her head to smile at me.

"I refuse to believe that."

She shook her head and reached for the door.

"Wait," I said, smiling and leaning over, grabbing her arm and stopping her.

She glanced back between me and my hand. "What?" she asked.

"Do you want to have a pingpong rematch at the pool tomorrow?"

Seriously, I had no idea where the invite came from. All I knew was that I didn't feel like I'd gotten her entire story out of her, and I hated not hearing some of a good story.

"Without Macy?" she asked.

"Without Macy and Tripp," I clarified. "Let's face it. They ruined the game last time."

Delilah rolled her eyes. "True." She paused and looked around the truck, then decided. "Okay. Deal. Meet me there at noon?"

I nodded, a little surprised she had actually said yes. I mean, just judging by her previous willingness to be in the vicinity of me, I wouldn't have expected her to agree to it half an hour before. Especially as quickly as she had.

"And you don't think it's a date or anything, do you?" she asked, giving me a slightly disgusted look that didn't exactly boost my self-esteem. "Because, no offense or anything, but I don't like you like that. At all."

Yet again, what a confidence booster.

I looked down at her. I smiled, saying, "Look who's got the big ego now."

ANYWAYS!

U-Uhh please UPDATE
P- PLEASE?
D-Dont make me come to greensboro
A-And I hope you know I WILL
T-Totally NOT cool to NOT UPDATE
E-Ever wonder what I do ON MCMB?

CHECK FOR UPDATES!

AND ALERT Me when you update....

Please?
PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!??

And I know i'm CRAZZZZZZZZZZY, THAT'S PART OF THE GIG!

Crazy Peep!

#107 Moonsparkles123

Moonsparkles123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

Okay, so I promise to give a comment of the whole thing very soon, but I've been reading this and so far I'm on chapter four. :) I think this idea and overall writing style is amazing! Totally and flawlessly well written! So funny! I Love Chase! He seems like a realistic guy in my opinion. Which is refreshing because you normally don't get to see that. :D Alison is funny, I like how there are so many pregnant jokes in here! Seems like how a sister might look like to a younger brother. Haha. I wonder what their mission will be? Did I mention how much I love the idea? Who would have thought?

Well I'm back to reading! More soon!!

Or what is it everyone says?

UPDATE!!

Haha.

-HALLY :m:

#108 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:32 AM

FINALLY MORE ABOUT DELILAH!

Aww poor her :( I can't believe her parents left her like that!

Chase is just awesome in soo many ways

And this story is strangely addicting.

Seriously Jamie, I'm speechless.

I really have nothing to say - which is not common.

Amazing update, just hurry and post the rest :D

I wanna win something! (And read your awefully terrific story)

-Alexadnra

#109 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Meghan: Haha you're welcome :P

Alex: Sorry I didn't tell ya! Haha. I figured you'd just get to it eventually :D Ooh, my dogs name is Rusty... Ooh, you quoted the whole update. Liar :P you can't like everrrrrythang. Thank you, thank you, darling. 

Hally: HEY! Lalala I love new members and readers, haha. Thank you! Yeah, I try pretty hard to make Chase sound more like a guy. I mean, he's supposed to be as normal as can be, so I'm glad it's coming off that way. LOL you'd be surprised how easy pregnant jokes are :P You'll have to wait and see about the mission! Again, thaaanks very much. :) 

Alexandra: Hiii :) Haha. Thank you very much. I take speechlessness as a good sign. Hehe. Yeah, I want everyone reading this to win something at some point in time! :D

Okay. I'm a slow poke updated recently, we all know. Sorry bout that. Family stuff and sleep issues and My issues of easily being distracting me have made me slow. Hope I can get the next chapter up in a couple days. 

Teaser, though? 

"No!" I said immediately before they could even open their mouths to ask. "Absolutely not. There's no way I'm giving up another day of my summer to be Allie's chauffeur. Besides. I've got plans."

Yes. That should give you a good idea of the next chap! :P

Updating soon-ish as possible. 

<3

#110 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Oh goodness. My hearts just meting at the sight! Damon is the sexiest beast on the planet! (Just look at his smoldering eyes! They're like hypnotizing!) I. Love. Him. To. Death.

Thanks Jamie!

-MEGHAN

Oh God- it took all my strength not to squeal at the top of my lungs at the sight of this pure, godlike man!

He is just amazing- and yeah, on Vampire Diaries, he totally has this thing he does with his eyes- you know what I'm talking about, right Meg? :P

Anyway, back to the story- UPDATE SOOOOOOOOOON JAMIE! :D

:heartbeat: Suze

#111 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

Oh God- it took all my strength not to squeal at the top of my lungs at the sight of this pure, godlike man!

He is just amazing- and yeah, on Vampire Diaries, he totally has this thing he does with his eyes- you know what I'm talking about, right Meg? :P

Anyway, back to the story- UPDATE SOOOOOOOOOON JAMIE! :D

Isn't Damon just perfection? Oh and I know EXACTLY what your talking about! *Swoons* His eyes are probably the best part about him... :heartbeat:

And yah Jamie UPDATE!!!

For seriously. I would like one now so I can read it.

-MEGHAN

#112 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, he has plans.
WITH DELILAH.

wooo ! :)

That excites me.
And you know what excites me also?

I'M OFFICIALLY ON SUMMER BREAK.
Heck yeah.

It makes me love this even more because they are on summer break, and before it depressed me a little cause I was all jealous. Now I'm just like, yeeah man. :D

#113 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

So for all those who care to read my comment, I'm being forced by Jamie to torture (checking over this, instead of torture, I had yogurt XP) my thumbs into typing this dreadful comment. Yup.

First of all I want to make a point by saying: Jamie, you screwed up. There was a mistake in your chapters. Wanna know what it was? Good, because I do too. :P look at that handsome tongue!!

As I'm lying in this cozy bed, chewing on my nails, thinking of how to make this room SMELL good, I realize I can tell everyone about Delilah and her parents and how she and Ch--. Nevermind ^_^ hehe

Anyways, I'm likin' what's-her-face. She's funny. She needs to show up in a lot of the chapters. And HEY! We didn't go to Chick-fil-a today and get those amazing milkshakes we're good at making. *winky wink*

SOME DAY. ILL BE. LIVIN IN A BIG 'OL CI. DE. AND ALL YOUR. EVER GONNA BE IS MEAN. WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO MMEEAANN!!

Yes, I have musical ABILITIES!! LOOK INTO MY EYES AND REALIZE I DO!!

Yeah, this comment is a waste of space and isn't about your story. Ehem.

OHMIGOD I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU GET THIS PUBLISHED!!! I CAN TOTALLY FEEL IT AS A BOOK IN MY HANDS AS IM READING IT!! ITS YABSALUTLY FLAWLESS WITH NO MISTAKES EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT ... YEAH. *MUMBLE MUMBLE MUMBLE* AAAAHHHH!!!

XOXO Gossip Girl :heartbeat:

Jk!

Love,
THE PERSON WHO STOLE YOUR JOURNAL (:

#114 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

DERP

When you uppppppppppdate?

#115 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

Suze & Meghan: Crazy girls...

Kylie: DUDE. You just now got out? Bleh. Haha. Hope ya like the update. 

Cheyenne: Good lord. Okay, first off, there are MANY things wrong with it. Like, there is a character in this story with two name. YES, a very minor character, but there it. Props if you can figure it out anyone :P 
And, dude. CANDLES. It's decorative and scented! Also, remember, say anything and face my wrath! 
The music video? With the chick randomly sitting there at the end? Clapping spastically? Yeah. Weird. 
And, WOWWWW REALLY?! I totally believe you. Hahaha. 
Gossip girl...wrong story! Lol. 
Thank you....? I think. 

Ash: Now? 

Sorry for the wait everyone. Enjoyyy. 

Chapter Six 
Apologize
"It's too late to apologize, it's too late."

I was walking through the kitchen the next morning at eleven thirty, wearing my swim trunks and a T-shirt, searching for some food to eat. If I was going to kill Delilah at pingpong again, I needed my strength. Just as I was convincing myself a PopTart was by far the healthiest thing in the kitchen I could have for breakfast, the door swung open. Allison and Mom walked in, clearly arguing about something. Really, this wasn't unusual. They didn't agree on much. 

"But I need you to," Allison was saying, trailing at Mom's feet. Allison looked even bigger, if that was possible. It was seriously astonishing she hadn't exploded yet. "I can't go alone."

In the back of my mind, I think I knew where the conversation they were having was going to end up already, but obviously my deprivation of food was affecting my ability to comprehend the situation at hand. 

"I can't take you there today, Allie," Mom said, grabbing her keys from the key rack by the door. "I've got a dentist appointment and then I need to run by the grocery store. Then—"

"But I have to go to Babies "R" Us!"

Babies "R" Us was the new mall, I guess you could say. I'm fairly sure half the reason Allison was finally okay with the pregnancy was because of the tremendous amount of clothes and toys she had convinced herself was necessary to purchase for the baby. 

"Tomorrow, okay?" Mom said to her, running a hand through her long hair, shaking her head. 

And then Allison proceeded to pout. 

Look, despite the fact I usually can't give a damn what Allison's thinking or feeling...when she pouts, it's actually rather convincing. It even has the power to make you feel a little...sorry for her. 

I know. Crazy. 

"But I want to go today..." She leaned against the refrigerator, sulking.

Mom sighed, putting a hand to her forehead the way she always did when she got that why-did-I-have-children look on her face.  

I had looked down after that, focusing intently on taking out my strawberry PopTart from its silver wrapper. It wasn't until I looked up and found both their gazes on me that I realized what they were thinking. 

I had to drive her. 

"No!" I said immediately before they could even open their mouths to ask. "Absolutely not. There's no way I'm giving up another day of my summer to be Allie's chauffeur. Besides. I've got plans."

Allison eyed me. "Let me guess. You're going to play pingpong?"

"Maybe." I paused. "But I told someone I'd meet them there."

"I'm sure Tripp can live without you for an afternoon," Mom said, just assuming it was Tripp, of course. 

As soon as I heard Mom pitch in, supporting Allison's side, I knew it was hopeless. Two women against one guy? There wasn't even a small possibility I was winning this one. 

Still. I had to try. 

"But it's not Tripp," I informed them, thinking maybe if I told them I would be just breaking the heart of a sweet and innocent fifteen-year-old girl if I didn't go to the pool, they'd understand. Though, come to think of it, nothing seemed very sweet or innocent about Delilah in the first place. 

"Chase, it doesn't matter who it is," Mom told me calmly. Mom was strangely always calm, no matter the situation. So, despite the fact my head was spinning, trying to figure out how I was supposed to make this situation work, she was calm as could be. "Just take your sister today, okay?"

I sighed, irritated. "Can't she just go on her own?"

"No," Allison said firmly. "I could go into labor. And then die."

I stared at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "It's very possible."

"Chase," Mom said in that voice. That mom voice that was clearly designed to force me into the most torturous situations, such as anything involving my sister. 

I glared at the floor. "Fine," I muttered, trudging towards the stairs to change while Allison cheered victoriously. 

After we left, I spent the whole ride to the city trying to get stopped by stoplights so I could text Tripp and try to convince him to get me Delilah's number from Macy. I know; genius, right? 

"What are you doing?" Allison finally asked me at one stoplight while I was texting Tripp—who had yet to text me back—again. 

"I'm driving you. What does it look like I'm doing?" I asked, quickly sending Tripp a message that included a few very colorful four letter words. 

"It looks like your molesting your cell phone," she answered. 

I rolled my eyes, dropping my phone in my lap as the light changed to green. 

I didn't know Delilah that well, which made me wonder how she would react to being, well, spontaneously canceled on. I mean, she sure seemed calm, but if I could make guess, I would say she could get angry pretty easily. 

I hoped not.  

I got home sometime between two or three, feeling as though I should call the makers of children toys and inform them that, no, not one of the toys I'd seen seemed fit for a baby to be around. But, you know, I had other business to attend to, seeing as how I'd never gotten in contact with Tripp, resulting in zero idea if Delilah was in the mood to forgive me or kill me. For some reason, my intuition was leaning towards the latter. 

Really, I just wanted to drop Allison off at the house. Of course, though, she had to have help carrying everything she'd purchased in side. Then once it was all just inside of the house, she somehow convinced me to lug them all to her room, upstairs. 

I was sitting a bag full or God knows what on her bed as I said, "Okay. That's all, right? Because I'm going now."

"Sure," she said, taking a seat amongst all the bags. "Where're you going?"

"Where I had planned on going early today," I said, accidentally sounding a little more bitter than I'd wanted. 

Allison noticed, of course. 

"Well, sorry," she said, not sounding apologetic at all. "I'm just so sorry you had to give me a twenty minute drive."

Wanting to spare a fight, I pushed myself up on the carpet, mumbling a, "Yeah." I headed for the door, feeling a little proud I was finally mature enough to step away from an almost-fight with Allison so easily. It used to be hard to get out of the room without giving a smart comment or two, just to know I'd annoyed her. 

The serge of pride and confidence I'd felt brilliantly defused halfway through my drive to the pool, when I realized the chances of Delilah still being there—just waiting around—were slim to none. Still, I was nearly there, so I kept my foot on the gas. 

I walked in, not expecting a thing. I figured she would be gone, I'd grab myself a slushy, then head to the house I'd dropped her off at the day before and see what was going on. If I didn't find her then, my search would be up and I'd drop any newfound friendship I might have had. Because, really, I was lazy. And doing any more than that seemed to be a bit much. 

Imagine my surprise when she was still at the pool. Not only still at the pool, but still at the pingpong table. And not only at the pingpong table, but playing a game with someone. 

Yeah. It was a big surprise if that's not the way you were imagining it. 

Not realizing I'd be regretting it a moment later, I walked over towards her and her competitor. She didn't even notice me until I was practically right beside the table. When she did, she caught the ball and stopped. 

"My point...?" the guy around her age that she was playing asked, confused. He gazed over at me curiously from the opposite side of the table. 

"No," Delilah said, looking at me with a completely unreadable expression, but talking to the dude. "Interference."

I was an interferenceOuch. That stung. 

"Hey," I said, shaking her last words off. I meant for more words to proceed after "hey," but honestly her expression was intimidating. Yes, a teenage girl did appear to possess the ability to scare the living hell out of me. 

Although, in all seriousness, I think that everything just seemed so unclear and undefined about her, including her emotions. Meaning that trying to figure out if she was happy, mad, sad, or whatever was a tricky task. 

I was guessing she wasn't exactly happy, though. 

"Hi," she said back, bouncing the ball casually up and down on the green surface of the table. She nodded at me, letting me know to continue. 

"So, look," I said. "I'm sorry I didn't show up on time. Or anywhere near the right time, really. My sister...well, she was being—"

"A pain? Yeah, I know the feeling," Delilah said. "I still managed to make it here on time, and not three hours late."

Now I was guessing she was at least slightly mad. 

"I know." I cringed. "But...there was Babies-R-Us..."

"Excuse me?" She looked confused. 

"Like I said, my sister is a real pain. Add that to being pregnant and, well..."

Delilah made a face, tilting her head and giving me an excruciatingly confusing look. 

"You're pregnant?" she asked. 

I dropped my jaw and stared blankly at her. "What?"

The guy at the end of the table, who I'd basically forgotten about up until that point, pitched in. "You said ‘add that to being pregnant,’" he explained, gazing at me in the same curious way Delilah was. 

"My sister! My SISTER is pregnant," I said, exasperated, shaking my head and putting a hand to my forehead. 

Lord, why me?

"Ah," Delilah and the guy said simultaneously, sharing an understanding look. 

"Anyway," I said firmly, feeling like I was a moron or either was in the presence of two of them, "I'm sorry. Really, I am."

"Would it have been that hard to call?"

Surprisingly, this didn't come from Delilah. It came from the guy. 

I looked between Delilah and him a few times, quickly. Then finally turned to her and asked, "Who is he?"

"This," she said significantly, motioning to him with her arms, "is Greg."

"She asked me to play with her around one," the guy—Greg—further explained. "Said someone bailed on her..." He intentionally gave me a wow-what-a-jerk look. 

I looked at Delilah, hoping for some help, but soon realized I was alone. She just shrugged at me, smiling at Greg victoriously. 

"Okay..." I trailed off, thinking maybe this was pointless, figuring she was mad. It wasn't worth it, right? All the trouble of trying to earn her forgiveness seemed mighty tedious at the moment. "So, you're mad?"

"Hell, yeah," she answered. 

"So, how do I get forgiven?" I asked. I wasn't sure why, but I really wanted her to. 

"Really? You wanna know how?" she asked, looking at me skeptically. 

I nodded. 

"You can either get down on your knees and beg for forgiveness in front of everyone..."

I grimaced. "Or?"

"Or you can buy me a slushy."

I brightened, grinning. "Deal."

"You weren't really even that mad, were you?" I asked, looking at Delilah as she sat down the second slushy I'd bought her. 

She smiled. "It takes more than showing up late to make me mad, you should know."

"I'm wasting money, then?" I asked suspiciously, watching as she wiped at her mouth that was bright red from the cherry flavored slushy. 

"Nah. I was really thirsty."

We were sitting in the same lounge chairs from the days before, but it was cooler now. The sun was heading down towards the tall trees that lined the edge of the parking lot, lessening the heat. It was kind of picturesque, what with the pinks and oranges blending around the setting sun. But, really, I had just now calmed myself down, realizing I wasn't the slightest bit mad at. 

I didn't know why it mattered so much to me, but it sure was annoying the hell out of me. I never wanted anyone to be my friend, but I actually wanted to be friends with Delilah. Which really made no sense, considering her initial lack of personality and frustrating attitude, but I did. 

"Your sisters pregnant then, huh?" she asked casually, wrapping her arms around her bare stomach. 

"Yep," I said, nodding. "A little over seven months."

"Is it weird?"

"Yeah, absolutely," I told her seriously. 

"How old is she?" she asked, looking only mildly interested. 

"Twenty-one," I said, not knowing if that was a good or bad answer. It was honest, but what's the right age to be pregnant at, really? 

"Hey, legal drinking age, at least," she said, shrugging. 

"True," I agreed. "It was completely unplanned, if that's what you mean. She's not with anyone. She came back home from college and all."

"Oh."

"Yeah," I said, going on, even though she didn't ask. "It kind of bothers me. Allie's always been...good, you know? I didn't think she would be so...irresponsible. It's not really like her. I feel like that kids gonna go through hell with her. I mean, first off, a kid needs two parents, right? And then—"

I stopped talking when her gaze immediately dropped down. 

Oops. Right...

"Oh, sorry..." I stopped, not knowing what to say. "I forgot about your..."

I stopped altogether, thinking she would step in and save me from heading down the long and awkward road I was on, but she was quiet. A short stretch of silence followed until she finally spoke up. 

"It's just," she said suddenly, looking up, "I wish I could see them. You know? That's it. I want to see them."

"Your parents?" I clarified cautiously. 

She shrugged. "Yeah."

"Well, do you know where they're at?"

She looked up at the sky, folding her hands together. "Yeah. Sacramento, I guess."

"California," I stated. 

"The one and only, Chase."

"Well," I said jokingly, "North Carolina to California? That's not too long a drive." 

She laughed. "Yeah, not too bad. Wanna drive me?" She turned her head and gave me a sarcastic smile. 

"Totally."

Her laugh faded into a sigh as she squinted at the sun in front of us, before saying, "So, we're friends Chase?"

"Why not?" I shrugged. 

I thought of a few good reasons by the time summer ended. 

Any errors, blame the mountain dew and the fact that it's 3 AM. I could not be bothered to severely edit.

Tell me whatcha think and CC.

I think the song could kind of have two answers, but mainly one. But I'd take either. That song was SOO overplayed a few years ago.

Plus, that's the end of the beginning. Everything after is the middle...until the end, I guess.

Yeah. Ramble over. I'm sleep deprived.

Anyway, comment well. It makes me happy like a fool :)

Ps: ...Cheyenne and I had a near death experience with a paddle boat. Yeah. RANDOM.

#116 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:13 AM

YOU UPDATED!!!

AND IT WAS EPIC (as usual)!!! :D

That was a cute update- Chase and Delilah are friends now; I wonder if he'll actually drive her to see her parents...

Although if I were her, the only reason I'd wanna see them would be to tell them they suck and that I dont miss them one bit :)

Anyway, I love the scenes with Allison- it reminds me of me and my little brother and all that sibling complaining :P hehe

And I know you write like, nonstop, because major stalker fans with no life like me are always bugging you to post the next chapter already, but Im telling you that I cant wait for you to update again (hopefully very, very soon!) because Im totally addicted to this! :D

P.S. Sorry about our (Meg and I, I mean) obsession with Damon Salvatore- he is just soooooooo damn amazing! ;)

P.P.S. @MEGGIE- Guess what I've been doing all day today- watching the Vampire Diaries! I just realized that Damon's smile is just as gorgeous as his eyes- I literally squirm everytime he does that eye thing, or gives someone that crooked smile of his :D *sigh* I've got it bad.....

P.P.P.S. @JAMIE- UPDATE SOON! Wait, I think I already mentioned that, but whatever- as long as you remind yourself to write more :icon_sunny:

#117 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

By the way, I love that song- Apologize, by Timbaland and One Republic :D

#118 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

Woo, good song! I like it. :)

Now that they're officially friends, I'm getting excited!

I'm ready for the middle! Update sooon please :D

#119 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

YESH.

DELILAH IS OFFICALLY CHASE'S GIRLFRIEND.

:D

I DID NOTHING TO IMPLY THAT I WANT THEM TO END UP TOGETHER.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING.

/hides in corner.

And nao that you has updated, I SHALL TOO~

At like... 1:00 AM!

Edited by IlovePavlov13, 24 June 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#120 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Sssoooo Jamie :)

I, haha, found a mistake! So common (I don't know really) that only I would see it. I looked for mistakes :P Tiny tongue! Ehem.

Examine:

Her laugh faded into a sigh as she squinted at the sun in front of us, before saying, "So, we're friends Chase?"

Do you see it?? NO COMMA BEFORE CHASE!! How. Dare. You. ??.

Anyways, great chapter my shining star yeww. It was fabulous. And I hope you noticed my use of 'yabsolutly' in my previous comment :D

*refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh*

Love,
Kanesha

#121 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

Hello there JAMIE!!

Wow, I did quite like this chapter. :)

I like Delilah, she seems to have that personality where they have a comeback and doesnt take anything from anyone. And yes, I still think of a horse when i see her name.

"Well," I said jokingly, "North Carolina to California? That's not too long a drive."

HA. I actually googled this to see how far it was. I suck at geography... Hm. It's 2,541 Miles.

I dont know miles. But it is 4,138 kilometers. .... Which is roughly like driving from my town to the very very top of Australia. Including across water.

-Giggles-

ehehehe.

Anyway I lovedddd this update. and I even commented not long after you posted! Proud? I am. :)

Georgia :)xx

#122 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

I love your story.
I'd leave a longer comment, but I just finished exams and have nothing even remotely clever to say. I'll do better next time. :)
You rock, don't ever change. :D

- Liv

#123 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

I AM LOVING THIS STORY SO MUCH, J.

why are you such an amazing author???!!!

-Nikki

#124 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Haha. WOW Jamie. You never fail to give me a good laugh. No matter what update or story there is always something funny in there for me to appreciate. :D

Now for your favorite part! Quote time with Meghan! Haha:

I sighed, irritated. "Can't she just go on her own?"

"No," Allison said firmly. "I could go into labor. And then die."

I stared at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "It's very possible."

"Chase," Mom said in that voice. That mom voice that was clearly designed to force me into the most torturous situations, such as anything involving my sister.

Allison is so dramatic. I love her! She is so funny when it comes to all things pregnant related. :P

"You can either get down on your knees and beg for forgiveness in front of everyone..."

I grimaced. "Or?"

"Or you can buy me a slushy."

I brightened, grinning. "Deal."

Haha. Don't ask me why I picked that one out. It was not for the heck of it I just thought it sounded well...whats the word? Right? You have a way with words Jamie. It flows really well and is just...believable. Yet, strangely humorous at the same time. But you already know that I bet. I've told you a thousand times. :P

"No," Delilah said, looking at me with a completely unreadable expression, but talking to the dude. "Interference."

I was an interference? Ouch. That stung.

"Hey," I said, shaking her last words off. I meant for more words to proceed after "hey," but honestly her expression was intimidating. Yes, a teenage girl did appear to possess the ability to scare the living hell out of me.

Haha. Chase actually cares what she thinks! :D Aww I can really see it now. Chase and Delilah sitting in a tree...Well you know how the song goes! I loved that quote though. Totally right on! I love how he's actually intimidated by her. You normally don't see that. Its hilarious.

Frankly I could go on Jamie but you should know that it would be a very long list if I did. Haha.

Okay so moving on to the comment part of this reply. Haha...

Your writing is amazing okay? There I said it. Its like some of the best on here. Not lying. And there is some pretty fierce competition I'll admit. :D

Okay and what is with Delilah? She is seriously getting on my nerves! I can't figure her out! She's too different. :P Now I can see why Chase is interested. She's like one person one time and then a completely different one the next. He wants to figure her out too. :P

So whens the road trip??? I can feel its nearing soon! :D

UPDATE!!! I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

-MEGHAN

#125 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

I AM LOVING THIS STORY SO MUCH, J.

why are you such an amazing author???!!!

-Nikki

I agree with Nikki! Jamie you rock!

*Sam*

#126 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

Suze: Haha thank you! Never be so sure about her parents... ;) And congrats!!
Posted Image

Kylie: Middle is officially in the next update haha. 

Ash: They're besties! Hehe! 

Cheyenne: You weirdo. That's all I gotta say. And, oh, COMMAS ARE OVER RATED. 

Georgia: It's from one coast to the other, hah. And I'm proud too :) thanks. 

Olivia: That was a fab comment as it was :P 

Nikki: Thanks, haha. 

Meghan: Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. :)

Sammie: Thank you! :))

So, here's da update, yo. I dunno, but I'm ready to write the next one cause it should...be interesting. To write about Chase. Ha. Ha. Ha. 

Anyway, enjoyyyy>>>

Chapter Seven
We Build Then We Break 
I don't know you, but I know what you did to her. She told me and I happen to believe her too. 

Three weeks later.

Usually if I worked, she came by and hung out until I got off and we could go do something. If I didn't, we went to the pool and she replaced Tripp as my pingpong partner. I liked how things were going. 

Natty just didn't get it. 

"I-I just don't understand," she said one day, looking baffled. "You're usually so socially deprived, Chase. And now you've suddenly made a new best friend in a month. What's going on?" She gave me a serious look. 

"He's whipped, Nat," Tripp said loudly from the table he was sitting at, noisily slurping down his drink, his feet literally propped up on the table. This was causing him to get a few disgusted looks from anyone that came in. He didn't seem to care very much though. 

"I am not," I said defensively, glowering at Tripp. He shrugged. "She's a good friend."

"Uh-huh. Yeah," Natty said, leaning against the counter. "Chase, that's bull. Or either it's really creepy. I mean, what seventeen-year-old guy is friends with a fifteen-year-old girl?"

"Me?" I volunteered. 

"No one, man," Tripp said. "No one."

"I once knew this lady," Felix, who was standing a few feet away from me counting straws out for fun, said. "Actually, I didn't know her. We were pen pals. It was when I was twelve and she was forty-two. That's weirder, right?"

"That's just wrong," I corrected him, shaking my head. 

He shrugged, grabbing some sweetener packets that he appeared to be making some sort of fortress around the straws with. 

"Anyway," I went on, "it's not weird."

"It's extraordinarily weird," Tripp said. 

I opened my mouth to object against this, but he shook his head at me, holding up his hands. 

"Chase, there's no fighting it. And I'm leaving," he added, standing up from the chair. "I'm going to Macy's."

"I thought you guys broke up again..." Natty said, confused, voicing my exact thoughts. 

He just shrugged at her. "Technicality. It's all good now. You need a ride?"

There were technicalities in Macy's and his relationship every other day it seemed. It was actually one of the subjects Delilah and I spent an abnormal amount of time discussing, on account of how entertaining it was. We bet about them—I know; how awful—all the time, guessing when they'd break up and when they'd get back together. Lord knows we had nothing better to do with our free time. It turns out we both had no life. 

"Yeah, I guess," Natty said, picking up her drink, answering to Tripp's question. 

"You guys are going already?" I asked, frowning. "I feel like I haven't seen either or you much in the last couple weeks..."

"And who's fault is that?" Natty asked, raising one eyebrow and giving me an intimidating stare. 

"Chase's," Felix answered, just as his fortress collapsed. "Oh, crap."

"You've got that right," Tripp agreed with him, nodding. He looked at me. "You just let me know when you get sick of playing girls at pingpong, yeah? 'Cause, trust me, that's gonna get old soon."

I doubted it, but I just nodded and he left, Natty following in his footsteps after she waved at me. Felix tried waving at her, but was basically ignored. 

Delilah was actually much more fun to play pingpong with. And go to the movies with. And talk to. And...well, and she was generally just more pleasant to be around, in comparison with Tripp sometimes. 

Not long after they had driven off and Felix was blabbing on about the trip to Indiana he and his dad were taking, Delilah came in. I figured she would show up sometime during the day, so it wasn't very surprising to see her walking in, decked out in the tie dye shorts she'd bought the week before. She had barely taken them off since the day they'd been purchased, claiming it was the best article of clothing that had ever graced the presence of Earth. 

Yeah. I don't know. Though, I admit, they were pretty undeniably crazy. I mean, it's tie dye. It fit her. 

"Hey, Felix," she said, looking past me and giving Felix a smile when she walked up to the counter. 

"Hey there, Delilah," he replied, winking at her. 

Maybe she'd been hanging out around here a little too often. That's just judging by the creepy and flirty-like friendship she and Felix had started that consisted of a bunch of winking and smiling and weird inside jokes that even I had no idea about, despite the fact they could never have been in a room without me for more than five minutes. 

I think they just knew it annoyed me, which was something—the only thing—they both were passionate about doing. 

Plus, Delilah knew I kind of hated Felix half the time, so she said she would be nice to him since I wasn't.

"What's up?" I asked when her attention finally shifted to me. 

She pointed to the ceiling, giving me a sarcastic duh look. 

"Other than the ceiling," I said. Then, when I saw her mouth open and a defensive looking spreading across her face, I added, "And the sky."

She halted. I'd gotten her. 

The first few days we'd actually hung out as friends, I hardly knew how to reply to anything she said. Now, though, I could practically finish her sentences. And it annoyed her very much, which was just an added bonus. I discovered that irritating her was very fun. Even more fun than irritating Allison sometimes. 

"I was just bored," Delilah answered normally, shrugging. 

"And you missed me?" Felix guessed, grinning at her. 

"Totally," she said, pointing at him. 

"Anyway," I said, glancing between them and giving a very disgusted look to both of them. "I think Macy and Tripp are back together."

"I know." She smiled a little. "I think I predicted tomorrow. And you guessed yesterday. So, who wins that?"

"Me, of course," I said. 

"No way," she disagreed, shaking her head. "And don't give me that 'but that's how they do it on the Price is Right' excuse. I don't care. You obviously just have some sick obsession with Bob Barker."

"Isn't Drew Carry hosting that now?" I asked thoughtfully. 

"I don't know!" she said, throwing her hands up. "How should I?"

See? Annoying her was crazy entertaining. And it was just too easy.

"It's Drew," Felix pitched in. His fortress was beginning to come together quite nicely again, I noticed. 

"Whatever," Delilah said. "Forget it. When do you get off, Chase?"

"Three," I answered, glancing at the clock which read two thirty. "Whatcha wanna do?"

She shrugged. 

Even though I liked our friendship and all, we got bored so easily it wasn't even funny. The reasons I hung out with her were actually really unclear, all things considered. It was fun some of the time...but others, well, I just wanted to ram my head into a wall out of boredom. 

But she felt the same way too, so at least it was a mutual thing. 

"Wanna come to my house?" I asked. 

She'd never actually been inside my house. I'd been over to hers a few times, meeting her aunt and uncle who just might have hated me, though I couldn't be so sure. But anytime I'd invited her, she would just sigh and complain. 

Like now. 

"But I don't like people," she muttered, crossing her arms over the front of her tank top.

"I don't even think my parents are home," I informed her. "Dad's working and I think my mom has yoga today. It'd just be my sister."

All she said, after blinking, was, "Yoga? Really?"

"It's relaxing," I said, repeating the words Mom had always stressed when Dad and I had the same reaction. "But that's beside the point. The point is, I have the whole last season of 24 on DVD and I haven't watched it yet."

Delilah looked confused. "I'm not so sure I see what the point is."

"The point," I explained, "is that you can't watch 24 alone. And I'm gonna need someone to watch it with." I nodded at her. 

"I hate 24," she said plainly. 

My mouth dropped open and I watched her seriously as she rolled her eyes at me. 

"No one hates 24," I said. 

"I do!"

"Well..." I said, thinking. "I also have a new pint of chocolate ice cream that I was really hoping to share with someone..."

"So," she said, immediately brightening, "When did you say you get off?"

I laughed. 

About half an hour later, we were heading back towards my house with the windows down and the music crazy loud—just how I thisliked it. Delilah didn't seem to think my opinion mattered very much, though. 

"Is your house one of those unbearably clean houses you can never feel relaxed in as a guest, or one of those crazily messy houses that make you stressed out just being in it?" she asked curiously as I pulled onto my road. 

"Uh," I said. "Somewhere in the middle? It's just home, I think."

"That's nice," she said thoughtfully. 

So weird... I thought when we pulled into my driveway. I wriggled the key out of the ignition and watched Delilah's face as she leaned up, looking out the window. 

I didn't know what she was looking at. I mean, my house resembled just about any other around. It was two stories, had a long front porch, and was brick. Same as hers, really. 

But still, I let her do her observing until she leaned back and unbuckled her seatbelt. 

"I like your front door," she said when we were walking up the three steps that led to the porch. 

"Thanks...?" I said, confused, going up to it and checking to see if it was unlocked. It wasn't, so I pulled my keys back out. 

"Allie!" I called immediately when we got inside. "I'm back."

"Oh, yay!" she called back from wherever she was. I could sense her sarcasm, even from a distance. 

"I like her already," Delilah said with a smile. 

"Oh, trust me, you won't," I said, even though I wasn't sure. 

I mean, they actually seemed kind of...similar. In some ways, at least. They both got pissed off at me quite a lot, for one. 

It kind of freaked me out. 

"Okay," I said, pushing her by her back to the family room. "You want that ice cream now or later?"

"Um, now. Duh. It's the whole reason I came," she said, patting her stomach. 

"Right." I sighed. "You can sit—" I motioned to the couch in front of the television "—and I'll get it."

I trailed off to the kitchen, hoping we actually did have some ice cream. While I was looking through the freezer, Allison walked in, completely dressed up with her hair all done up nicely and whatnot. 

"Hey," she said upon seeing me. I'd found the ice cream (it wasn't entirely full or new, but did that really matter?) and was searching for a spoon. "I'm going somewhere."

I immediately groaned. "I am not taking you anywhere, Allie. I've got Delilah over."

"Who?" she asked, looking surprised. Then, though, she just shook her head. "Never mind. I don't care. And I don't need you to drive me anywhere, Chase. I'm driving myself."

I literally dropped the spoon I'd found in a drawer. 

"Has hell broken loose?" I asked, finding myself staring at her in disbelief. 

Obviously something was up. 

She rolled her eyes. "No. I just realized, you know, I shouldn't be afraid to drive, right?"

"So you had to wait until you were nearly eight months pregnant to figure that out," I stated. 

She shrugged. "Better late than never." She pushed her pocket book over her shoulder. "I'll be back in a little bit."

"Where're you going?" 

"Oh, here and there."

Here and there? 

Clearly after that statement, I realized something was definitely going on with her. She liked for someone to know at all times where she was at, what she was doing there, and more. Now she didn't even want to tell me? 

Oh, trust me. Something was up. 

"Oooh kay..." I said slowly, carefully watching her as she made her way to the door. "You do that."

As soon as she left I went into the family room where Delilah was sitting, playing with my phone that had apparently been on the couch. Great. 

"You have your mom under Mommy in your contacts," she said, still looking down at it. When she looked up and noticed my empty hands she added, "Hey, where's my ice cream?"

"Uh," I said, hearing Allison's car start. "Change in plans."

She gaped at me. "You don't have any ice cream, do you?"

"That's not it," I said, shaking my head at her. I walked over and grabbed her wrist. "Just come on. Let's go."

"So." Delilah looked between the road and me. "When we were getting to know each other I think you neglected to mention that you're crazy."

I shrugged, maintaining the two cars distance between Allison and us, watching to see if she was going to turn or what. 

"You're paranoid," she said. "What do you think she's going to do anyway? Rob a bank? Meet up with her new BFF Lindsay Lohan? Come on, Chase."

"I just want to see," I said. "She was acting weird. I know something's going on, okay?"

"Okay," she said, holding her hands up in surrender and leaning back in the passenger seat. "But why'd I have to come?"

I shrugged.

She sighed and I looked over to find her angrily pulling her hair back into a ponytail, glaring out the window. 

I smiled, steadily speeding up when Allison did. 

It didn't take long for us to get into town, then for her to pull into the big parking lot of some restaurant. 

"Now," Delilah said as we watched Allison cross the parking lot to the entrance, "what do you want to do?"

"Follow her in?" I suggested. 

"I'm starting to regret this friendship thing," she muttered, unbuckling her seatbelt. 

I grinned as we got out of the truck. I put my sunglasses down coolly. Because of course Allie wouldn't recognize me like that. 

"You're retarded," Delilah informed me when I did this.

"Shhh," I said, putting my finger to my lips. "We've got to be quiet. Like..." I stopped, not being able to think of anything that quiet. 

"Ninjas?" she volunteered. 

"Sure," I said, nodding. "That works."

We walked in and I didn't see Allie anywhere right near the entrance, so I continued on up to the hostess standing behind a counter. 

"Hey!" the hostess said excitedly—oh God, way too excitedly—looking up. "Welcome! How many is in your party today, sir?"

Wow. I was sir. Nice. 

I glanced back at Delilah, as though to ask what she wanted to do. I hadn't planned on actually staying. I just wanted to see what Allison was doing, and she was already nowhere in my sight. 

Delilah just shrugged though. 

"Two, I guess," I said, turning back to the hostess who seemed just ecstatic to hear whatever I had to say. 

"Okay, then," she said, grabbing two menus and two sets of napkins. "Right this way to your table." 

As we followed her I kept an eye out beneath my sunglasses (which were pretty annoying to wear, since the restaurant was already dim), pretty much ducking behind every corner and looking out just incase. Delilah kept stepping on my heels when I paused to see if the coast was clear. 

When we finally made it to the table, we took a seat on opposite sides and the hostess sat down the menus, saying something. I wasn't paying any attention, instead looking around for Allison.  

"Is that her?" Delilah asked, nodding behind me when the hostess left.  

I took a quick glance behind me until I found her at a table not very far away. She was facing the opposite direction of me though. 

"Yeah," I said, turning back around. "How'd you know?"

"Oh, well. I'm psychic, you see."

"Really?" I asked curiously. 

"She's pregnant, Chase. It's not too hard to figure out," she said, rolling her eyes, but smiling a little. 

"Oh," I said simply. "So...she's alone?"

"Yeah..." Delilah said, then she looked back up and her facial expression immediately changed to surprised. "No."

"Wait. She's not alone?" I asked, for some reason not just turning around by myself and looking. 

"Not anymore," Delilah said, leaning back, taking in whatever scene was unfolding not far behind me. 

"Well, who's with her?"

"I don't know," Delilah said. "But he is extremely attractive."

I looked at her, disgusted, before turning to find something pretty shocking. 

What was Jeff doing here?

<3

So. Who's Jeff? Tell me whatcha think an CC and blah blah...I'm tired :)

Luv,
Jamie 

#127 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:26 AM

Okayy, firstly, I dont usually listen to that type of music, but that song is by the Fray! That's practically one of three songs I know by them (Over my Head and How To Save a Life being the other two) :P

You dont have to make me another picture/banner cos I already got one last time (and I loveeeeeeeeeeee it! ;))

Secondly, that update was sensational! I love the fact that they are actually friends now- their relationship is sososo cute :P

I wonder what Allie is up to though...
Spoiler

Anyway, you seriously have to update soon because I am totally hooked! I could read this 24/7 if that's how much you wrote :D

#128 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Friendsfriendsfriendsfriendsfriends:)

Anyway, I'm with Suze on the whole Jeff theory. Shall we place bets? :D

Jk.

Awesome update.

- Liv

Ps,

"Hey there Jamie
what's it like in writing land?
Where the things you make up are so grand.
Are so grand."

:D

#129 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

Oooh, I just loved this chapter.
Chase and Delilah, man, just so freaking cute. No big deal or anything, but they're in love.

I laughed so hard when Chase put his sunglasses down and she says, "You're retarded." Too funny :P

And when Felix greeted her, "Hey there Delilah" I immediately burst into song.
HEY THERE DELILAH WHATS IT LIKE IN NEW YORK CITY.

I actually sing that song pretty much every time there is an update on this story.

Love it. Good song :heartbeat:

Anyhoo,
More soon pleas! :D

OH! And who the heck is Jeff!? Whaaah !?

#130 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

JAMIE?!?!

Y U END IT AT A CLIFFHANGER?!?!

As revenge for that, MY update will end in a cliffy. :P

Anyway, I have a baaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about this Jeff guy. It sounds as though he and Allie hath met before... hrrrrm.

#131 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

Suze: Congrats! Of course you're still getting a prize, dude. If you guess it you get it :P Plus, good guess. Haha. I figured that part wouldn't be TOO hard to figure out, it's just how Chase knows who he is. Anyway, thanks! And here you go:
Posted Image

Olivia: No gambling on my story! :P hahaha actually, go right on ahead. And, oh, that was one lovely poem :) THANKS!

Kylie: HEY! I have given no indication of anything romantic going on between Chase & Delilah :P I'm doing an excellent job keeping them at a friendly level right now! Lol. Thanks, dude. And he is silly, so it's not like she was lying hehe. And, you bust out in song? That i need to see :D thanks again and you'll figure out all about Jeff in next chapter. Hehe...Jeff is my brothers/dad's name...

Ash: YO. Ending in cliffies is an art form! And fun :) and you shall have a bad feeling about Jeff because Jeff is........ Huh, I don't know how to describe the dude. ANYWAYS, thank yewwwww for reading and replying.

Writing as we speak. I try and update very soon!

#132 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hey Hey Jamie! Now I feel like the worst freaking reader ever because it took so long for me to be able to reply. I've had this really horrible headache thats been making it mega difficult for me to concentrate on reading, but today I felt a bit better so I was happy to read! :D And wow. I found so many awesome things about this chapter I don't even know where to begin! :D

First of all, I know this is random, but you used some words I've failed to see in a while...Yes, my vocabulary is really that dry.

So anyways: Thanks for reminding me that the words baffled and glower still exist in this world :D

A quote that I DIDN'T like :P :

"The point," I explained, "is that you can't watch 24 alone. And I'm gonna need someone to watch it with." I nodded at her.

"I hate 24," she said plainly.

My mouth dropped open and I watched her seriously as she rolled her eyes at me.

"No one hates 24," I said.

"I do!"

WHAT? Whats Delilah's deal? Because honestly, who in the world doesn't like 24? Its got so many awards and is probably one of the best shows EVER. Haha. I mean, Hel-lo Hence 24moon100? :D But that just means I like Chase all the more because he likes it. :D

Don't worry though, I still like Delilah. But I'm holding that one against her. :P

Okay, so another thing I would like to make clear on: WHO's JEFF?

We'll lucky for you I have a guess...

Spoiler

Anyways, mighty cliff hanger there. :D

So Natty and Tripp are feeling Chase and Delilah's friendship is bad huh? Interesting. Maybe he's not giving them enough attention. :P

And Felix? You know I love you. :P I love the little thing about making a tower out of straws! I used to do that all the time at cafes with suger packets and stuff. :P I brought me back to my childhood days when I was allowed to do that sort of thing. :heartbeat: And I also thought it was funny Felix would even do that. Haha

GOOD QUOTE TIME:

"So." Delilah looked between the road and me. "When we were getting to know each other I think you neglected to mention that you're crazy."

I shrugged, maintaining the two cars distance between Allison and us, watching to see if she was going to turn or what.

"You're paranoid," she said. "What do you think she's going to do anyway? Rob a bank? Meet up with her new BFF Lindsay Lohan? Come on, Chase."

Haha. Your a literary genius. :P That all I have to say...

"Uh-huh. Yeah," Natty said, leaning against the counter. "Chase, that's bull. Or either it's really creepy. I mean, what seventeen-year-old guy is friends with a fifteen-year-old girl?"

"Me?" I volunteered.

"No one, man," Tripp said. "No one."

"I once knew this lady," Felix, who was standing a few feet away from me counting straws out for fun, said. "Actually, I didn't know her. We were pen pals. It was when I was twelve and she was forty-two. That's weirder, right?"

"That's just wrong," I corrected him, shaking my head.

He shrugged, grabbing some sweetener packets that he appeared to be making some sort of fortress around the straws with.

Haha. Felix rocks. :D Sorry. Just had to mention that!

"Now," Delilah said as we watched Allison cross the parking lot to the entrance, "what do you want to do?"

"Follow her in?" I suggested.

"I'm starting to regret this friendship thing," she muttered, unbuckling her seatbelt.

Hey there, Delilah. At least you don't have to watch 24 anymore? No. Stalkin Alison must be a lot more exciting to you. Haha.

"You're retarded," Delilah informed me when I did this.

"Shhh," I said, putting my finger to my lips. "We've got to be quiet. Like..." I stopped, not being able to think of anything that quiet.

"Ninjas?" she volunteered.

"Sure," I said, nodding. "That works."

HAHA! :D

Okay well I might have missed some that I wanted to point out but you already know how much your writing rocks so I won't point out any more.

So cotos to you for that wonderful chapter. I really enjoyed it :D It's beets the frustrating book I'm trying to read right now by far. :P

Update when you can Jamie! :eusa_clap:

-MEG

Edited by 24moon100, 03 July 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#133 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Meg: Ah, dude. It's okay. Ive had the headache deal. And, hehe, to be honest the only episodes of 24 I've seen are the last four! But I think those were awesome lol. Hmm hmm hmm, you'll figure out a whole lot about Jeff in the chapte below, so I just ain't gonna mention anything about that. :P Chase ISN'T giving tripp and natty enough attention. That's their problem hehe. Anyway, thank you very very very much. You're comments make me super happy. :)

Elloooo :) I have the next chapter right here. Hope y'all like it and all...

Chapter Eight 
Good People 
"Where'd all the good people go?
I've been changing channels
I don't see them on the TV shows."

Jeff Greene was what one would call, well, perfect. At least when he was in high school, which was the only time I knew anything of him. He was best in everything that mattered. Of course his grades were flawless and he was always MVP for soccer and on top of that people actually liked him. He was That Guy and I was probably the only one who didn't like him. 

Because the one thing that wasn't perfect was probably his dating life, and I knew far too much about it because of Allison. 

When she first started dating him, even I was fine with it. Everyone loved him, so why should I have had a problem with it? He seemed nice and all. 

But, really, that was it. He seemed nice. Jeff was actually just an a--h----. 

First, it was fine. She wasn't home as much and of course that was okay with me since it was when I was in middle school and she was annoying me more than ever. Their relationship was just great, I guess, for a few months. 

Then they started breaking up. All of the time.

Each and every time he dumped her, she was a wreck. She would cry like crazy and it was just a mess. 

I'd have been fine with it if it happened once or twice. I mean, all relationships have problems, right? But when it started happening every other week or so, accompanied by crying and whining from Allison, it got ridiculous. I don't think Mom or Dad ever realized how bad it, but I always managed to catch her when she was in crisis mode. 

I seriously thought she was suicidal for the guy, but looking back I realize it wasn't as bad as I thought it was then. It was over dramatic and Jeff really was a jerk to her most of the time, neglecting her feelings and being incredibly careless, but she could deal. 

I always told her it was just guy. She would say it was Jeff.

Honestly, I didn't get it, and I probably never would. 

The last time they broke up was at the end of their senior year. For some reason, that was the easiest one of the many breakups for Allison. They both completely moved on to different schools and all was good for the three years they'd been in college. 

At least, I thought everything was okay. Then I saw them at the table at the restaurant and every feeling of resentment I'd ever felt towards him for making my sister cry too often came surfacing. 

And, really, I just felt like punching him in the face. Though you can't do that in a restaurant, can you? At least that's what Delilah told me after I explained all of this to her on the drive home. 

"Why'd she like him so much anyway?" Delilah asked, taking another spoonful of the ice cream we'd gotten at Diary Queen after we left the restaurant. We had gone after scoping Allison and Jeff out for a few moments, not bothering to stay and order anything off the expensive menu. 

"That's a good question..." I mumbled, knowing I'd never understood it. He treated her like nothing.

"Thank you...?" She paused. "So, do you think he's, like, you know? The baby's daddy?"

I sighed, flipping my turn signal on. "I was kind of hoping I was the only one thinking that. But, yeah. I have a strange feeling it's a good possibility. I hadn't thought they'd seen each other since they left for college... God, I hate that guy."

"Chase Walker," Delilah said, turning to look at me and sitting her cup of ice cream in her lap. "Do you care?"

I rolled my eyes at her shocked look. "I do have emotions."

"You don't usually express them."

"Look who's talking," I shot back. I knew my tone was probably a bit snippety, and I wasn't sure why I was so angered just by seeing Jeff. I mean, sure, he was a jerk. But so was most everyone at some point. 

I felt her glaring at me before she jerked back around in her seat to face the window. 

So touchy.

"Do you want me to take you home?" I asked, kind of not wanting to be alone, but also not sure she wanted to be around me. 

"Yeah," she answered immediately. 

I sighed and we drove the rest of the way in silence while I thought (about punching Jeff). 

"Okay," Delilah said when we pulled in her driveway. The sun was going down and her porch lights were already on, casting a light glow across the driveway. A light breeze was blowing in through the open windows, making the hairs that weren't in her ponytail fly around her face in a way that was strangely entertaining. "Bye, Cha—"

"What do you think she was doing talking to him?" I interrupted suddenly, needing to think about it outside my mind. 

"I think you should ask her," she said, sighing, leaning back into her seat like she knew this was going to be a long conversation. 

"I don't talk to Allie," I said simply. 

And it was true. We didn't really talk. At least not about anything that was anywhere near important. 

"Why don't you try?" she suggested, fumbling around with the lock on the passenger door. She clearly didn't feel like talking to me about this. "It couldn't be so bad."

I practically cringed at the thought of a serious conversation with my sister. 

"Huh. Any other ideas?" I asked hopefully. 

"Look," she said, taking in a breath. "You know, what if she was talking to him about getting back together, or something? What are you going to do about it?"

"Tell her she's being an idiot," I responded automatically. 

"Why would it be such a bad thing?" she challenged me. "Why would it be so bad for their kid to have two parents?"

I knew the conversation we were having was completely hypothetical, but I took it seriously. Even if we didn't know if anything was really accurate. 

"That kid," I said, "would probably be better off without either of them as parents." Honestly, I knew that wasn't true, but I figured he could do without Jeff at the very least. 

"Do you think at all before you talk?" she wondered aloud, sounding defensive.  

I swung my gaze that had been resting on the front porch around to her face. She was looking at me, clearly somewhat offended. 

"Oh," I said, shaking my head. The whole story of her past came flooding back to me and I felt myself turning red, wondering how I could have been so careless. "Sorry."

Delilah somehow managed so easily to make me feel like a jackass. But we hadn't talked about her parents even once since we'd first discussed it, so it'd kind of slipped my mind accidentally. Understandably, right?

"Whatever," she mumbled, sinking down deeper into the passenger seat and crossing her arms as a pout took over her face, looking like a little kid. 

It was kind of silly looking, and I couldn't stop myself before I smiled. 

"Stop smiling, you jerk," she said, shooting up in her seat, immediately throwing her empty cup of ice cream at my chest, angry. 

"You stop," I said, laughing as I picked it up from the floorboard where it had landed. "You just looked really funny."

Clearly, that was the wrong thing to say. 

"Shut up," she said firmly, shaking her head like she couldn't believe me. 

"I'm sorry," I said with as much sincerity as I could muster. Though I'm guessing she still caught the smile that crept onto my lips after she glanced away. 

"Are you okay?" she asked, annoyed. "Mentally, I mean?"

I smiled some more. "Sure. Why?"

"Because I'm not being funny at all and you're smiling like a moron." She paused, looking me up and down. "And you were all concerned about your sister a minute ago."

"You are being funny," I corrected her. "Just unintentionally."

"Obviously," she muttered, rolling her eyes. "Anyway, I'm done with you. Can I go now?"

I thought for a moment. "No." I decided, shaking my head at her simply. "I don't want to go home. I don't know what I'll say to Allie when I see her."

"How about nothing?" she volunteered. 

Now, that was an intriguing idea. But...

"There's no chance I'll be able to keep my mouth shut," I admitted. It was sad, but probably very true. Typically I couldn't keep it shut, so under these circumstances, it was going to be even more impossible. 

She sighed. "I thought that might be a prob—"

"Knock, knock," a voice said, coming from right outside my window. 

I jumped, much to Delilah and Tripp's amusement. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pushing him away when he leaned in through my window. I was trying to sound annoyed, but feeling stupid more than anything. 

"I was with Macy," he said, resting his arms on the open window. "I'm leaving now."

"Go ahead." I ushered him on, waving my hand. 

For some reason I had yet to comprehend, being with him and Delilah at the same time was awkward. I guess I just felt like they both knew a different side of me, and together the three of us wouldn't work since I wouldn't know how to act. It was sort of the same with Natty, but then again Natty was Natty, so it didn't matter as much. But still. Awkward.

"In a second," he said, rolling his eyes. "So. What have you two been doing?"

I didn't miss his suggestive tone and I'm positive Delilah didn't, judging by the oh-gag-me face she made right after he said it. I just turned red again. 

"Dairy Queen," I said, nodding towards our empty cups. Not to mention, I silently added, stalking my sister and her stupid ex-boyfriend.

"Where's mine?" he joked. 

I grinned a little and leaned my head back, shaking it, not knowing what to say. 

"Oh, and you," Tripp said, looking over at Delilah who was unbuckling her seatbelt, clearly in route of a getaway. "Stop stealing my best friend."

I sort of gaped at him, but all Delilah did was say, "Oh, don't worry. I'm getting tired of him. You can have him back soon." Which, of course, made me feel so special. 

"Deal," he said, grinning at her. Then he leaned back, but not after looking back at me and punching my shoulder (which I proceeded to rub) and adding, "Anyway, I'm going. See you later, man."

I said a goodbye and watched as he walked down to the road where his car had apparently been parked. 

When we heard him pull away, I felt Delilah glance at me. 

"Can I go now?" she asked quickly. 

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess." I hesitated before adding, "And I'm sorry. About being, um, stupid. And for smiling at the wrong moment."

She smiled at my wording, but nodding. "It's okay. Thoughtlessness comes with having a big ego. Plus, I don't feel sorry for myself so you shouldn't either."

Ignoring the insult within that reply, I said, "I do." I shrugged. "If I could, I'd take you to see your parents. If that's what you really wanted."

"Why can't you?"

"Gas money," was my simple excuse, to which she rolled her eyes. 

"Whatever," she said, smiling and opening her door. "Text me or something if you get anything off your sister, yeah?" She stepped out of the truck. 

"Yes, ma'am," I replied, throwing her empty ice cream cup her way. She caught it easily and then waved, turning to walk up her front porch. 

When I got home, both Mom and Dad were sitting in the family room, watching the evening news. 

"Hey," Dad said upon seeing me. "Allie with you?"

I sighed internally. "Nope. Said she was going to go out on her own," I informed him, taking a seat at the other end of the couch. 

"Where?"

"I dunno," I lied, sort of feeling the urge to tell them Oh, well, she's out having dinner with her moron of a ex-boyfriend, who could also very possibly the father of her her unborn child.

But, you know, I decided against saying that. 

While I sat there on the couch, completely oblivious to the news of the day flashing across the screen and my parents talking, I formulated a plan. 

I would say nothing. I wouldn't tell Allison I'd followed her and I wouldn't ask her a thing about why she'd been out with Jeff. It would be hard to keep my mouth shut, but I could do it. 

Or not. 

The moment she walked into the family room, actually looking rather happy, I blurted out, "Can I talk to you?"

She gave me a funny look, sitting down in a recliner that was positioned in the corner of the room. 

"Why?" she asked. 

"Um." I racked my brain. "It has to do with...stuff."

Oh, wow. My comebacks really were in need of some help. 

"Like?" she pushed, not looking too interested. If anything, just a little irritated. 

"Like...Jeff."

That sure got me a look from my parents. And Allison. 

"Jeff Greene?" Mom asked, speaking a name that had certainly not been spoken in our house in a long time, while I looked at Allison, whose eyes had widened considerably. 

I nodded, observing as Allison's expression changed to one less frightened, and more menacing. It pretty much read something along the lines of Oh, you're not getting out of this room alive.

But Allie didn't scare me. 

Much. 

"What about him?" Dad asked, glancing between his daughter and me. He had hated Jeff too, but in a different way than me, you could say. 

"Chase..." Allison said in a bit of warning tone, obviously trying to convince me to not tell a thing. Also probably wondering how much I knew. And how I knew it. 

"What were you doing with him?" I suddenly asked. 

"Did you follow me?" she asked, looking at me in shock. 

"That's beside the point," I said quickly, shaking my head. "What were you doing with him? I thought you were done with his crap."

She stared at me some more, appearing pretty surprised and speechless. My parents glanced between us. 

Did I ever mention I suck at confrontation? Really, I honestly hadn't the smallest idea of how to handle myself in situations like this. I must have been doing something really wrong since no one was even saying anything. 

"What?" I asked, looking at all three of them, especially my parents. "She had dinner with Jeff Greene. Isn't that a problem? Do you not remember the two and half years of hell he put her through?"

"Um," Mom said. "It's okay."

I narrowed my eyes, shaking my head. What?

"It's okay?" I asked, the word "okay" sounding a lot more disbelieving than I meant it to. "How's anything about Jeff ever been okay?"

Then, I realized, looking between them all, they all knew something I didn't. And I didn't really like being left out of the loop. 

"Wait..." I said, looking at Allison. "Is he...?" I didn't need to finish the sentence for her to know what I was talking about and to confirm my suspicion. 

When she nodded once, I groaned. 

"I thought you hadn't seen him since high school. Why?" I asked, shaking my head, not only wanting to punch Jeff now, but her too. "How?" Then I shook my head. "Never mind that last one."

She just shrugged, really looking somewhere between too embarrassed and too surprised to say anything. Only then did I notice how unusual my parents silence was and snapped my head back to look at them. 

"You both knew?" I said, though I already knew the answer. 

Dad shrugged in response while Mom said, "She told us not long after she came home, after things calmed down. We knew she was going to talk to Jeff sometime."

"Why didn't I know?"

I was angry. That sudden realization kind of surprised me. 

"I didn't want you to know," Allison stated, speaking up for one of the first times. 

I frowned at her. "What? Why?"

"Because it's not like you'd care anyway. You never liked him and I didn't need to give you another reason to think I was stupid," she explained, a bitter tone to it all while she was speaking. 

Really, it was all sort of...offensive. 

She didn't want me know, she didn't think I cared, and my parents knew it all. 

"You didn't even think I cared to know?" I asked her seriously. 

"I knew you didn't. You don't."

I do care, I wanted to say. But that would be like admitting I, well, that I cared.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" I questioned, not noticing until after I said it that my voice had gotten louder. And, of course, when she spoke, so was her. 

"You wouldn't care, Chase," she told me, rolling her eyes. "You haven't ever even bothered to ask anything since I've been home, so what would the point be?"

Her temper was flaring, and it kind of triggered mine, I guess you could say. 

"You don't know anything," I shot back, though in the back of my mind I was just wondering if she was right. 

Which never happened. I always used to confident in any fight that I had with Allison that I was right and she was wrong. The fact that I was doubting myself bothered me, which probably added to what happened next. 

"And you're not going to get back together with that jerk, right?" I asked, grimacing. 

"Don't call my baby's dad a jerk, Chase," she said, glaring firmly at me, shaking her head at me like she was ashamed or something. 

"It's not like it's a lie," I retorted, regretting it even as I said it. 

"What's wrong with you?" she asked, getting louder. Mom and Dad were clearly staying out of this one, but I could see them wanting to maybe intervene and make us stop out of the corner of my eye. 

"Me? Seriously?" I said, knowing just by saying that it would still bug her, and that was sort of my goal at the moment. 

"You're so wrong!" Allison said, standing up and looking pretty close to crying, which kind of took me back. But just for a second. "Just get out of my life. Get away!"

I watched her storm out and felt both my parents gazes on me, neither of them approving. 

I stood up, grabbing my keys where I'd laid them down, and walked to the back door, taking Allison's advice to get away. 

I made the split second decision that I had enough gas money to get me far enough away. 

So? Whatcha think? Cc and talk to meeee bout it. :P

#134 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

JAMIEE!!

I think I may have forgotten to comment on the last chapter, but I'm sure that we can both get over this.:P

I looooovvvveeeeeddddd your update.

God, it's amazing how you can write so well like a guy. Ah-maze-ing.

Annnnnddd I knew it!!!!

"Wait..." I said, looking at Allison. "Is he...?" I didn't need to finish the sentence for her to know what I was talking about and to confirm my suspicion. 

When she nodded once, I groaned. 

I may not have voiced it but I knew it:) babbbbyyyyy daaaaadddddyyy.

And ooooohhh. ROADTRIP!! hell yeah:D

I stood up, grabbing my keys where I'd laid them down, and walked to the back door, taking Allison's advice to get away. 

I made the split second decision that I had enough gas money to get me far enough away. 

I hope that Chase picks up Delilah, in both of the words meanings :P

Anyway. I know you just updated. But do it again soon?

Geeeoooorrrrgggiiiaaaaa. Xx

Oh and the artist is Jack Johnston. I really like that song.

#135 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

Your flawless writing astounds me over and over again with every chapter you write! :D

That was a really good update...Im glad the whole mystery of Allison's baby daddyyy is solved- well at least for Chase since everyone else apparently knew :P

But I cant believe she could tell her brother to get out of her life, especially when Jeff was the jerk that made her cry over and over again! :o

Anywayy, Im glad Chase left. I agree that he should (hopefully) pick Delilah up on his way to wherever he's going ;)

Update again soon for us???

P.S. Thankkk you, the bunny picture is soooooo adorable! :heartbeat:

xoxo, Suzeee <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users