• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#46 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

Meg: CONGRATS! Checked your profile and you are apparently obsessed with this fellow. So, here ya go! :) 
Posted Image
YES! I achieved the echo effect. Thanks a bunch. Dialogue is really weird. I just recently got the hang of it. 
Yeah, haha. Sister thing took you by surprise, huh? I think guys are usually a lot more thoughtless than girls, so he would just naturally look towards the good looking girl. 
There's really no excitement in the description of hitting a pingpong ball back and forth and back and forth. Haha. The trip will begin...eventually. :P 
I do use *I* a lot, I know! Dang, lol. Thanks for pointing it. You can always give me CC not matter what in the world it is! You're not stupid. :P
Felix would give me a headache, haha. There's this guy that's SO ADHD in one of my classes and I (sort of) modeled Felix after. He's nice, but a complete pain in the butt if you have to spend an extensive amount of time with him! 
Did I make Natty and Chase's friendship FRIENDLY enough? Because that's all they are. And it's hard to make a guy and girl seem like really just friends. 
I love your comments! Hah. They're so nice to read and such a confidence booster. :) (AND I LOVE YOUR STORIES AND EVERYONE ELSE DOES AND YOU NEED TO KNOW IT!!)
I loved that line too, lol. 
THANK YOU SUPER SUPER MUCH! 
Ps: I keep looking up articles about Scotty and Lauren. So obsessed. :D

Suze: AWW. Really, aww, that's what I was thinking the whole time I read your comment. You're way to freaking nice, lol. I'm glad you like it so much and it can keep your attention! I'll update sooner than later, lovely person! Thank you lots! :D 

Alexandra: Thank you!! So nice. I'm glad all you guys are into the chapters so much! You can feel the chemistry! Yay, haha. It's a SUBTLE chemistry though, right? lol. Tripp is a nickname. Typically it's given to someone who's the third in a line of names. To be honest, I have no idea what his real first name is, haha. He's just Tripp in my mind. :) Haha. 

#47 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

YOU HEAR THAT LADIES??? ZUKO IS MY HUBBA HUBBA!!!!! Okay wait. Let me rephrase that...HE'S MINE!!! MUAHAHA!!! :P

Well thanks Jamie!

You know I love you right? :D

I try to give you the best comments I can...usually I just say whats on my mind so it can be confusing to some people.

So anyway....I demand an update!

Ps. Don't worry, they are so going to get married. :P

-MEGHAN

#48 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Oh and by they way...

I think you made the friendship between Natty and Chase almost seem like she was his sister so no worries! It was TOTALLY brilliant the way you described them :P

-MEGHAN

#49 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

*Insert awesome message worth while*

Okay like first, Coffee? I want some! *Takes a pot of coffee and smiles evilly, now is tapping the pot and is ready to pour in a SUPER LARGE CUP. PAIRING IT WITH ICE CREAM SAMWICH!*

Okay, well I thought you just might wanna know!

And like

HOLY CHEERWINE!

Omgosh! Chase! He's so sweet! Delilah sounds supa awesome (like me! But whatever) haha, Post more! Like now my country girl!

Did you know I was listening to Taylor Swift? Our Song was blaring out of my computer speakers.

Just thought I should share that.....

Okay, POST WOMAN! NOW! *Makes eyes look like their about to pop out of her head*

Hmm, what to play next?

Anyways

Country Kicker~

#50 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Yaay! Even better than the first chapter! I really am loving it so far.
Chase is so funny. Silly, boy forgetting her name. But he just had to ask! Cause even knows that she'll be important some day. And the last Delilah in italics? Totally the echo in his head. ;)

Update soon! One, because I'm dying to read more, and two, because my competitive side is out and I'll be racing to guess the song first (:

#51 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Meg: Haha. Welcome. LUV YOU TOO! :D Glad I made that relationship the way I wanted it to come off as. 

Alex: Thanks! :) Mountain Dew is holier, but I understand! Haha. Delilah will be super duper awesome. :P Do you know Our Song was my first fav TS song? How cool. I'm listening to Generation Love by Jennette McCurdy (I know. Who knew she could sing?). Recommend it! Thanks again. 

Kylie: Boys are retarded. He had to forget her name. :P Oh, she'll most definitely be important. Thanks. :) AND you're feeling competitive?? Haha, that's awesome. I've got to think of the NAME of the next chapter, but I think I might do a different prize type thing. :P 

#52 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

Z-zuzu?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN.

Aw well, still have my Alfred-kuuuuuun.

Anyway, I'm sorry for not replying sooner. I has had cold issues and lack of computer.

But that was amazing.

I like Natty's sarcasm

it sounds familiar...

Felix? YOU SUUUUUCK UP.

QUIT HITTING ON CHASE'S FUTURE WAIFFU... I mean, plot person leader. Life changer...

Uhhh...

#53 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

Ash: I DID feel bad about giving Meg our Zuko, but sharing is caring, yeah? Natty is sarcastic... Like most of my characters end up being at one point or another it seems :P Felix is awesome but annoying. I feel like making him do something big in the plot... MAYBE.

Updating soon. Whatever soon means. I've got the next chapter finished but I was hoping to finish the one AFTER THAT before I posted three. Yep... I'm weird at the moment. As usual. :D

#54 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

Z-zuzu?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN.

Aw well, still have my Alfred-kuuuuuun.

Anyway, I'm sorry for not replying sooner. I has had cold issues and lack of computer.

But that was amazing.

I like Natty's sarcasm

it sounds familiar...

Felix? YOU SUUUUUCK UP.

QUIT HITTING ON CHASE'S FUTURE WAIFFU... I mean, plot person leader. Life changer...

Uhhh...

I know this is really pointless for me to say but when you said "AWWWWWWW MAN" I seriously pictured swiper from dora the explorer.

Just thought i'd share. :P

Sorry for the random non-related comment Jamie. :P

-MEG

#55 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:07 PM

Meg: Dora the explorer...aha. :D

I think I may hate this chapter. That's just me though :P I kinda wish I'd connected it to chapter two in a way, but then that wouldn't have worked and I can't connect it to chapter four soo...THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. :D And it's kind of short :( I HATE SHORT THINGS. I'm crazzzzy by the way...

Thank you all for the lovely comments so far too!

And the song title... It might not have anything to do with this chapter! I literally put my iPod on shuffle and, well, this is what I got. But it does have a connection IN A WAY to the later areas of the plot. 

Anyway, yes. Enough nonsense. Enjoy chapter three and guess the song wisely readers! 

Chapter Three
No Such Thing
"I just found out there's no such thing as the real world. Just a lie you have to rise above."

Allison had this major fear that if she ever went anywhere by herself or was alone for any given amount of time, she would go into labor. Unlikely as I kept informing this was, she didn't care. So usually if Mom or Dad couldn't accompany her to go somewhere, I'd get stuck with her. 

So that's how I spent my second day of summer. Tagging alongside my obnoxiously hormonal pregnant sister. 

"Chase," she sighed, staring out the window. I was driving. She didn't feel like driving. Or more like she didn't feel like using her own gas money. "That was a stop sign."

"That no one has ever stopped at," I reminded her, looking in the rear view at the deserted intersection. 

Yet another one of Allison's annoying attributes: She was the worst backseat driver in the universe. 

"I do," she huffed, rolling her eyes. 

I constantly had to remind myself that she was pregnant. That was somewhat of an excuse as to why she was acting like The Most Annoying Person On the Planet. Maybe. 

"Okay." I held back what I wanted to say. It wasn't really very nice, come to think of it. "So where are we going?"

"Well, I'm hungry."

That wasn't any big surprise. She was always hungry. Which, I guess, was kind of understandable. But still, she ate everything you put in front of her. She was definitely not the girl who was afraid to touch ice cream for fear of gaining weight any longer. No, not at all. 

"Okay. What do you want to eat?" 

"Hmm, well..." she began, and I internally groaned, regretting having asked. Her trying to figure out what she wanted to eat was nearly—or maybe it was—impossible. 

"Let's go to Jay's," I quickly suggested before she could get further into her never ending process of thinking.  

She shrugged, looking satisfied enough with that.  

Jay's was the little diner that was actually in town. Everyone went to it if they were too lazy to go all the fifteen minutes to get to the city. And I usually was too lazy, so it worked. 

We drove in silence the rest of the way, save the radio that was playing the local station Allison had put it on. I had no idea why she assumed she had control over the radio, seeing as it was my vehicle we were in and all. I ignored it to the very best of my ability though, resisting to the urge to turn on my country CD I knew she hated. 

When we got there we walked at her turtle speed up to the diner. I saw Tripp's car and knew he must be working. And, yes, by working I do mean shamelessly flirting with any estrogen fueled customer. 

We took a seat near a window booth in the back after I nodded at Tripp, who was refilling someones drink. 

Jay's is kind of weird. It's owned by Jay (I know. The businesses in this town are so creatively named), who might be considered a bit of a lunatic. That's only judging by the seventies theme he chose to decorate the place in, even though he opened the place just a few years ago and was born in the eighties. 

"Ugh. Tripp," Allison muttered distastefully, bringing my attention away from the vinyl records hanging on the walls.  

Did I mention that my sister also had a problem with every friend I'd ever brought home? Especially Tripp. Tripp, the guy named Most Likable in every yearbook since freshman year. 

Though, it probably had something to do with the obsession he had with her up until about eighth grade. It had resulted in a little bit of a stalking relationship. At least that's my best guess as to why she grimaces just about every time he comes around. 

"Yeah. Tripp," I said, pretending I hadn't noticed her tone. I propped my elbows on the table and smiled at her, while she rolled her eyes. 

Tripp came up to the table about that time. He pulled a chair from another table around and sat down to take our order. God forbid he stand. 

"Hey. Whatcha gonna have?" he asked quickly. 

I looked at Allison while she rattled off her order, which I don't think I could have even eaten all of. Then he glanced back towards me, waiting. 

"Just get me a milkshake," I told him, shrugging. "So, having fun?"

Tripp rolled his eyes. "Well, not exactly." He stood up, putting his chair back. He glanced out the window and a slow grin spread over his face as his gaze came back to me. "But that'll help." He gestured out the window. 

I looked out and then looked back to him, surprised, about to ask, but he beat me to it. 

"I told her I worked here yesterday and to stop by if she wanted to," he explained. "Looks like she wanted to."

He walked back towards the kitchen, smirking as he went. 

Macy and Delilah (see? I remembered) came and took a seat at a table not too far away from the one Allison and I were at. When I took my eyes off the pair and back to Allison, she was staring at me. 

"Who are they?" she asked, sounding only mildly interested. 

"Just some girls we played pingpong with." I shrugged. And it appears one of them is following me...

"And Tripp...?"

"Likes the blonde."

She shrugged in an it-so-figures way, tapping her nails against the table. 

Allison and I don't hate each other. As much as it may seem we do, we don't. It's just that there very rarely happened to be a subject we managed to agree on. Being four years older than me had always been a big enough gap to keep us from sharing any common interest. 

"Here," Tripp said, dropping—really, literally dropping—my chocolate shake down in front of me. He was looking over at Macy, trying to catch her eye unsuccessfully. 

"Wait. Where's mine?" Allison asked when he took a step away from the table. 

He turned back to her, bowing sarcastically. "It takes a while to prepare a feast. It'll be out in a minute, your highness." He grinned at me before turning around and going towards Macy and Delilah's table, even though I knew he wasn't waiting on the area they were sitting in. 

"He's so annoying. How do you stand him?" she asked, rolling her eyes and leaning back in her seat. She ran her hand over her stomach in a really irritated way that I wasn't so sure is good for a baby...

I shrugged. Shrugging, rolling my eyes, nodding...that's how I dealt with her. 

I was able to drain my whole milkshake by the time Allison's food arrived. I got up, saying I was going to the bathroom. She dismissed me with a wave of her hand, shoving another fry in her mouth.  

I went and handled my business or whatever. When I pushed open the door to the bathroom, I unluckily managed to hit someone with it. 

"Oh, sorry..." I started, stopping when I noticed Delilah standing there, rubbing her shoulder where the door had rammed into her. 

She noticed me and her expression changed. "Are you stalking me?" she asked, dropping her hand. 

I shook my head, attempting not to smile, seeing as I'd just hit her. "You're just showing up everywhere I hang out."

"Like the bathroom?" She glanced slowly behind her at the sign to the restrooms, before turning back and giving me a look.  

I laughed and she just gave a slight smile, followed by a more than a little awkward silence that may have made me feel a bit moronic. 

"I've got to..." she said, backing up towards the women's restroom door.  

Just as I was saying, "Oh, sure," the door to the men's bathroom that I was standing just so conveniently in front of opened and hit me.

Delilah put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing as the guy apologized to me and quickly passed on, all while I turned a very interesting shade of red.

I mean, really? Why me?

"Later," she said quickly, shaking her head and biting her lip as the door closed so I couldn't see her anymore. 

Well. There's a conversation I wouldn't mind forgetting... I thought, shaking my head.   

I turned back, starting to walk toward the table, wondering what the hell that was just exactly about. 

I sat down across from Allison, vaguely noticing how Tripp had taken Delilah's seat and was leaning across the table, talking to Macy. And how the manager (who was Tripp's Felix, except not quite as insane) was glaring at him, hardly a few feet away. 

"Took you long enough," Allison said, pushing her plate away. 

I tried not to let my eyes bug out when I noticed her already empty plate. Hungry much?

"Sorry," I apologized, even though there was nothing to apologize for. Nature was calling. 

"Anyway, ready?" she asked. "I really want to go shopping for more baby clothes. I saw this totally adorable thing that he just has to have." She patted her stomach thoughtfully. 

I sighed, nodding. "Tripp..." I called, just loud enough for him to hear and also to annoy a few people. 

He glanced at me from the table just a matter of feet away, distracted from Macy, an irritated expression clear on his face. "What?" he mouthed. 

"Check."

He rolled his eyes, excusing himself from Macy and walking towards me. He dipped his hand into the pocket of his apron and pulled out the check, sliding it onto the table. 

"Thanks for your service," he said, intentionally sounding more sarcastic than sincere. 

"You're welcome," I replied, pushing the bill towards Allison when he started to walk away, but not after rolling his eyes at me. 

"Chase." She stared at me, then the bill. "You're the one with the job. Why don't you pay?"

I paid. Just like how for the rest of the summer I paid for everything I did. Literally. 

:icon_sunny:

Why does everything look short on here? Dang. 

Yes, comment and say whatever you want. Remember CC please and the song title thingy! :)

#56 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Song

NO Such thing John Mayer.

That is soooo true, EVERYTHING looks so short on here.

'Tis sad.

Anywaaaaaaaay, Tripp is likeable.

Sorry for a short reply, I'm using my Wii and I have to go to "bed" soon.

#57 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Have no Idea on this song unfortunately...:P I'm not going to cheat.

So anyway...

THAT DID NOT SUCK!!! I was seriously shaking my head the whole entire time wondering why you said you hated it. It was HILARIOUS!!! LIke I've mentioned so many times before, I LOVE your sense of humor with writing. It flows no naturally. It almost hasn't changed since the last time I read you fanfic in that aspect. I can totally read this without looking away. Like it holds me in even if the situation is not exciting. Its just a normal instant and yet the way you portray it its so entertaining! I love how you describe Allison's and his relationship. Its funny how you explain her pregnant behaviors from the point of few of a teenage boy.

I can also relate really well to all of this. Like with the radio thing (My mom says I do that all the time) and with the ordering thing (I can never decide) :P Its just...wow I cant believe you came up with it. Its like you really can write about normal things, something I fail miserably at, and make it seem totally funny. :) I love your writing Jamie, no matter how jealous it makes me. UH OH GREEN MONSTER WARNING!

Although you had plenty of outstanding sentences, I did like this one a lot: :)

Yet another one of Allison's annoying attributes: She was the worst backseat driver in the universe.

Your writing sounds so mature and well rounded. I really admire your craftiness with words.

WEll as usual I'm sorry I can't find any CC your just THAT good. Gosh...GREEN MONSTER ALTERT!!! Haha.

I hope that helped! Update soon! I love to read your writing. It actually helps me. Haha.

-MEGHAN

#58 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Oh and I have to say the creative names thing is super ingenious. Like with the dinner and the coffee place. :D Just thought I'd mention that.

-MEGHAN

#59 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

Ash: Yay, you got it! :D Hehe I love that song. Prize 'll come soon. But, question! I came up with a different prize if you want it. You can have the banner thing OR you can tell me any WORD (not a name) and I have to find a way to fit it into the next chapter. Nothing vulgar though, you know... So PICK!

Meg: I think the reason I didn't like the chapter that much was because I've read it so many times I could probably recite it. :P Am I that funny? Haha well thank you. It's fun writing from a guys perspective. In a way it's better than a girl because they seemed more simple minded... :). I do write about normal stuff a lot actually. Mainly because whenever something happens in MY life that's funny or weird or cool, just about the first thing I think is how I could use it in a story haha. And don't be jealous of me! Because I've been jealous of you so many times when reading your stories, so we obviously need to stop this jealous thing we have going on! :D And thank you thank you thank you so much, Meg! Your comments make my day. :D

You guys... I have two days of school (Friday and Monday) left and then... IT'S SUMMER! Which explains while I've only bought songs that have to do with summer in the past two days... :)

Anyway, keep commenting and all that!

#60 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

I think I'll take the banner. That's fine.

Aaand, I'm gonna update whenever my computer stops being stupid.

#61 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I figured you would. :P

Posted Image

Enjoyyyyy :D

And yes. Yes, you will update. :074:

#62 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

I love your story. It makes me smile.
(Also, it makes me very ashamed when I didn't notice you updated!)

Anyhow, this really makes me think of this cool book that we read this year from The White Pine Awards - a book club type deal. It has the same kind of feel. :)

#63 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

*Nosebleeds*

MAH!

Aw...

ALFRED-KUUUUUUN.

Almost done, I has a sammich that I must finish.

#64 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Oh my god, I missed it again! Urg.

Anyways, I loved this chapter! Chase's blushing was the perfect amount of adorable.
And I think he needs to realize soon that he's into Delilah. So into her.

#65 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

WOW!!! That was another totally AMAZING update, Miss Jamie :)

Your writing is so clear and wonderfullly written, and every sentence flows together with the next.

Seriously, some publisher should get you a book deal for this already :D

I want an update SOOOOOOOO badly!!! So get writing!!! :P hehe

Love, Suze :heartbeat:
xoxo, <3

#66 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

Beautiful update :D

Hahahahhaha I love Tripp :D

I sighed, nodding. "Tripp..." I called, just loud enough for him to hear and also to annoy a few people.

He glanced at me from the table just a matter of feet away, distracted from Macy, an irritated expression clear on his face. "What?" he mouthed.

"Check."

He rolled his eyes, excusing himself from Macy and walking towards me. He dipped his hand into the pocket of his apron and pulled out the check, sliding it onto the table.

"Thanks for your service," he said, intentionally sounding more sarcastic than sincere.

"You're welcome," I replied, pushing the bill towards Allison when he started to walk away, but not after rolling his eyes at me.

And I loved that part.. I don't know why :P

It's amazing how real everything seems!

It's as if you were really getting into Chase's mind!

It's brilliant!

There are soo many parts that made me start laughing like a moron

I love how he keeps bumping into Delilah every where he goes :P

And I also love all those little details you put in!

Okay, I think you get it, I love a lot of stuff....

Amazing update! Post the next chapter soon!

-Alexandra

#67 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Woah what? That did not look short to me... Well prob. because I didn't write it... I still loved the update! lol

Clara

#68 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Olivia: Thanks! And it's okay. You read it eventually, haha. And *GASP* it has a FEEL? lol, thank you. And what was the book called? If you remember. :) 

Ash: Hope that's a good reaction. ;)

Kylie: Haha I wanted you to get it! Lol. I'm going to post an update one day when you're on so you can definitely get it or something, lol. And thank you. Of course he likes her, but he's dumb. As are most males. :D

Suze: Thank you, Miss Suze! ;) Hehe. Means a lot. If only there was some publisher hanging around MCMB, yeah? What can ya do? Haha. 

Alexandra: Thank ya, girlie! I think I hate Tripp though. Hmm, just do. But I'm glad you like him. :P And I'm glad you like that part! Because it wasn't even originally in the chapter like that. So I guess it's a good thing I changed it. :D Chase is my mind sorda, but if I was guy... Weird, lol. Thanks again. 

Clara: Haha thanks you. It just looks a lot shorter than it reads, I guess. 

<3

I'm writing chap four currently. I think ima gonna post a spoiler in a bit... Stay tuned. 

#69 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Why the heck do I alway say spoiler when I mean teaser. Anyway, whatever. Here's a TEASER of chapter four:

"Interesting," she said. "Do you have a favorite color?"

"Do I look gay?"

"Is that rhetorical?"

"Can we stop asking questions?"

Hah.

And, I know I used gay. Not being offensive; just writing a story with no intention of offending anyone...SO YEAH! :)

#70 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Why the heck do I alway say spoiler when I mean teaser. Anyway, whatever. Here's a TEASER of chapter four:

Hah.

And, I know I used gay. Not being offensive; just writing a story with no intention of offending anyone...SO YEAH! :)

HAHAHA. That rocked! Now post the real deal!

-MEGHAN

#71 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

^^Thanks :P

Well, today sucked. WORST. DAY. EVER. It involved me fainting, busting my chin open, and a long wait at the urgent care. Let's just say I figured y'all's nice comments would have to put me in a better mood than the one I'm in right now!

Angry. Need to relax. PHEW.

Anyhow, I hope you like this chapter. I do. I'm obsessed with the country artist (ooh, a hint?) who sings this song currently. HOPE YA LIKE IT.

:heartbeat:

Chapter Four
Who Are You When I'm Not Looking?
Do you break things when you get mad? Eat a box of chocolates 'cause you're feelin' bad? 

"You look like a mess, Chase."

This is what my dad said to me when I rolled out of bed later that week, surely looking tired at hell.  

"Gee, thanks," I said, not being able to hold back the long yawn that came next. 

When you stay up until four in the morning because there's a marathon of Harry Potter movies on ABC Family, you can bet you'll be fairly out of it the next day. That's okay though; it was worth it. 

"Are you actually going to do anything this summer?" he asked me, shoveling a giant spoonful of Cheerios into his mouth. 

Dad's doctor had told him a few months back that if he didn't start eating healthier, he was going to slap him (his brother happens to be his doctor, if that makes it more understandable). Dad's solution: Cheerios! He claimed if it worked for those middle aged guys on the TV commercials, it could work for him. 

"Uh, no?" I said, knowing it wasn't the answer he was looking for. I sat down at the kitchen table across from him, propping my feet up on another chair. 

He rolled his dark eyes at me. "Anything other than hustling people at the pool and working at Coffee?"

I pretended to think for a moment. "Nah. That sounds good to me."

"This is your last summer, you know. Next summer you'll be getting ready for college—at least, you better be," he said to me, only halfway serious. 

"Yeah, yeah." I shrugged him off, but I knew he was kind of right. If I ever wanted to do something before life got serious, now would be the summer. 

But what could I do?

"You got schooled! I owned that game! I beat you by seven! SEVEN! I kicked your ass, Chase," Tripp bragged. 

There's a few reasons why Tripp and I usually played doubles at the pool when we played pingpong. Mainly it was because we couldn't hog the table the whole day, so at least two other people could play at the same time as us. Another reason was because we actually played pretty good as a team. But one major reason was because if I just had to play against him alone, I'd end up killing him. 

Because he was about the most competitive person on the planet. 

"Yeah," I said, not allowing myself to tell him to shut up. Then I'd be sinking to his level and I didn't want to ever go quite that far down. 

"How'd you lose that? I wasn't even trying that hard," he said, running a hand through his damp hair and coming off around his side of the table. 

I shrugged. "I don't know. I wasn't really concentrating." There. That worked as an excuse. 

He gave me a doubtful look, then his gaze went behind me. 

"Hey, she's following me," Tripp said proudly, his eyes lighting up.  

I turned around to find Macy walking through the entrance, Delilah close behind her. Delilah had a towel under her arm, a T-shirt on over her bathing suit, and a fairly dull expression on her face. 

And she thinks I'm following her...

"So, are y'all like..." I began, going to ask if they were "talking" or something. He started off in her direction though, ignoring me. When Macy noticed him, she gave him a hug, pretty much answering my question before it could be completely asked. 

I made my way in their direction, moving my pingpong paddle between my hands, watching Delilah more than either of them as she stared at the concrete blankly. 

"Hey, stalker," I said, drawing her attention up to me. 

She gave me a look that was nearly amused, but maintained a relatively emotionless expression as she rocked back and forth on the heels of her feet and nodded at me. 

I smiled to myself, turning my attention away from her, to Tripp and Macy 

"...and you haven't had one of the slushy's here?" Tripp was saying to Macy. "You're missing out. Come on, let me get you one." He looked at me and added, "Be right back, man," before taking her hand and leading her off to the concession stand. 

I looked at Delilah and she was staring at me with an expression that didn't seem particularly happy to be left alone with me. 

Well...

She started walking away, off towards the lounge chair she'd sat in the first day Tripp and I had killed them at pingpong, without a word. 

I looked around blankly, realizing it was following Macy and Tripp, Delilah, or going to find someone I really didn't like that much to hang around. The second seemed less loud, so I went with it, despite the fact I wasn't invited. 

When I sat down in the chair right next to Delilah, she looked surprised to say the least. I just smiled a little though, leaning my elbows against my knees and looking out at the pool in front of us. 

"What are you doing?" she asked me sounding noticeably confused and maybe just a little bit irritated, though I couldn't guess why. Most people are thrilled by my presence. 

"Uh, sitting here."

"Why?"

"Well, I'd been standing for a while. I needed a rest."

She gave me a look that involved rolling her eyes, then elaborated. "I mean, why are you sitting here?"

"Do you not want me to?" I asked curiously. 

"No. It's fine. I just meant..." she trailed off, looking at me over her sunglasses like I just may be slightly demented. "Never mind."

"Cool. So it's fine I'm sitting here?" 

Delilah nodded at me, leaning back into her chair and crossing her arms over her stomach. 

The pool used to be the only place Allison and I got along. Mom would drop us off during the summer when she had errands to run or something of the sort. There would always be friends of Allison's there and her friends always liked me—more than she did at least. I mean, who wouldn't like an adorable ten year old? 

Them liking me and not minding having me around resulted in just about the only times our relationship was anywhere near friendly or pleasant. 

But, you know, things changed even more when she left for college and we couldn't even have those very few happy times anymore. 

Whatever.

I thought it was going to be a quiet few minutes, sitting with Delilah while I waited for Tripp to get done with Macy. But as I watched, I saw that after they finished at the concession stand, they went to sit at the side of the pool. I then decided to lean back and get comfortable, knowing I wasn't going to be talking to him anytime soon. Or Delilah either, considering she didn't seem like the most outgoing and social person. 

A minute of silence later though, she surprised me, asking, "So, who are you?"

I glanced at her. She'd sat up a bit and put the sunglasses back on top of her head. She still had her T-shirt on and was looking at me with her freakishly gray eyes. 

"Um." I looked at her. "Chase. Remember? We met—"

She interrupted me by shaking her head and rolling her eyes at me (did people roll their eyes a lot, or was it just me?) again. 

"I meant, like, who you are," she explained. "You know. What's your story? Other than the fact you show up where I am whenever I'm there."

She said it almost jokingly, but I went on and answered her question, sort of unsure. Her sense of humor was still unclear to me, so I had no idea if she was asking a serious or pointless question. 

"First off, it's kind of small town. Get used to that," I said, glad she was at least speaking. She did have social skills at the very least, I guess. "And second, I don't think I have a story."

"Sure you do."

"Well, what's your story?" I watched her as she looked down, then right back up at me. 

"I asked you first."

I was a little taken back by her response, but just answered, "Well, what do you want to know?"

"Full name?"

"Chase Walker."

She smiled, just about like everyone else did when they heard my name. Damn my parents stupid sense of humor. 

"Funny," she said, but she wasn't smiling anymore. "How old are you?"

I took a breath, really sort of hating that she was questioning me now, when any other time I'd seen her she'd done her best to say as little as possible to me. Girls—what strange species. 

"Seventeen," I replied. 

She nodded. "Siblings?"

"Sibling," I corrected her. "I have an older sister. Allison. She's best friends with Satan."

"Interesting," she said. "Do you have a favorite color?"

"Do I look gay?"

"Is that rhetorical?"

"Can we stop asking questions?" 

She laughed for real for the first time—well, the first time in front of me—and nodded. 

"One more though. Can I ask you questions now?" I said. 

She thought for a second, looking away at the pool. 

"Well, I'm not about to give out all of my information to a stranger," she finally answered. 

I gaped at her. "I just did."

"Which was kind of stupid," Delilah told me. 

"But technically I'm not a stranger now. You know some crucial facts about me. Come on," I said. I wondered if I was coming off as annoying or just curious. "One thing?"

She took too long of a moment to consider this, but then decided. "One thing."

A few simple questions spun through my brain. The same things she'd asked me basically and then a few more personal things that I, after thinking them through, realized I didn't really care about. Finally a decent question popped up in my mind and I blurted it out immediately. 

"Do you like living here better?" I asked. 

She looked at me as though I'd just asked if that was a meteor coming down from the sky, hurtling straight towards our lounge chairs. 

She said, after yet another long pause, "Nope. I would rather be somewhere else."

In all honesty her answer was a little surprising. To me, this was the best place on Earth usually. It was the only place, practically.  

"Really?" I asked. 

"Really," she said. When I didn't jump in, she added, "It can't be that surprising. This isn't Disney World. Not everyone's going to like it."

"I've never been to Disney."

"Not the point."

I opened my mouth to argue that this was the best place on Earth and always would be until the end of time itself, but a shadow casting over me drew me away from my defensive comeback. 

"Hey," Tripp said, looking at me. He glanced at Delilah, then looked back at me. He gave a confused look to me that I shrugged at. 

"What's up?" I asked. 

"You want to play another game?" he asked, bringing his pingpong paddle out from behind his back. 

"What about Macy?" 

"She's in the bathroom. Girls take a long time in the bathroom, yeah? We can probably play a quick game." He shrugged. 

"Or a few games, considering it's Macy," Delilah said. 

"Yeah?" Tripp grinned. 

"She'd know. She's her sister," I said to him, still not having made a move to get up. Was it rude to leave in the middle of a conversation? 

Delilah glanced at me and she looked like she was debating something before she said, "She's not my sister."

I stared at her, and so did Tripp. "Huh?" we asked simultaneously. 

She blushed a little under both our gazes, but answered, "It's a long story."

"And we're strangers, right?" I said jokingly, but I was honestly curious. What was she talking about? 

She smiled, pulling her legs up toward her. "Right."

There was no denying there was something weird about Delilah. There was also no denying I was going to figure out what it was. 

I was walking down the hall, still in my swimming trunks, towards the bathroom to take a shower. I passed by Allison's room and saw her out of the corner of my eye, but kept walking. It wasn't until she called my name that I stopped. 

"Yeah?" I asked, peeking my head back in her door. She was sitting on her bed, a booklet—some kind of instruction manual—in front of her and a box on the floor. 

"How do you put together a crib?" she asked, frowning at the box.  

"How should I know?" I asked, stepping into the room and examining the various size pieces in the box. 

"I don't know. You're a guy. Guys build things," she said. 

"Stereotype," I explained, going to sit down in front of the box. "You're the one that played with Legos."

The room felt chilly after being out in the sun most of the day, and Allison kept it cold anyway. Her room was larger than mine (something I'd always been jealous of when we were younger), but it felt like it was getting smaller, what with the growing amount of stuff she kept getting for the baby. 

I yanked the instructions from her, but I was already feeling discouraged after about five seconds of looking at them. They were in English at least, but that's about all I could decipher. 

"Why are you building the crib now?" I asked her, throwing the booklet down. "Don't babies sleep in that...that thing for the first couple months?"

"A bassinet?" she asked. I nodded. "Yeah, but I'm just being prepared. I'm going to be a good mom."

She said that all the time. I didn't really doubt it. Allison was pretty successful with most things she did. Well, up until recently, I guess. 

I nodded, putting my hands against the fuzzy carpet on the floor. I dug my nails into it. 

"You do think I'm going to be a good mom, right?" she asked, staring at me. 

"Sure." I shrugged. 

Very convincing, Chase.

"Sure?" she echoed incredulously, widening her eyes at me. "What's that mean?"

Oops.

"Traditionally 'sure' means yes or okay or something along the lines of—"

"Chase," she interrupted. She eyed me with an almost pissed off look. "Stop it."

Typically she would have said something different—something probably louder and more rude. Since she didn't, I decided I better get out of there before she could. 

"Sorry," I said simply, not positive what I was apologizing for. I stood up from the floor, brushing my trunks off.

I took one last glance at her before I left the room, thinking I should tell her that she most definitely would make a good mom. I knew that was what she wanted to hear anyway. 

I couldn't figure out why I didn't tell her that. Really, I just don't think I wanted to give her the satisfaction. As mean as I knew it was to do to her, I couldn't bring myself to want to see her happy.  

:)

And....? Haha tell me how you like it and CC.

Last day of school tomorrow. Woo.

Guess the song!

#72 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Woohoo! First comment!

You would not believe the circumstances I had gone through in order to be THA FRIGGIN FIRST COMMENT :D

So yea, its a big deal...

The singer is John Mayer! Right?! :P

Okay moving on...

I can't believe you don't like Tripp! I'm sorry but its just too weird...

But you like Chase right? Because Chase is totally awesome!

I like how secretive Delilah's being. Its very intriguing!

But how is she not Macy's daughter?

I was soo shocked when she said theyb weren't related!

I really want more! Tell me you've got the next chapter ready! Pretty please?

Lovely update Jamie.

Unbelievable how amazing your writing is :D

-Alexandra

#73 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

Oh dammit :S

I meant 'How is she not Macy's sister?' not daughter!

Sorry about that my mind was.. elsewhere

#74 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Oh dammit :S

I meant 'How is she not Macy's sister?' not daughter!

Sorry about that my mind was.. elsewhere

I still get my prize though.. Right?

#75 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

NYAN.

Herro.

Okey, this is going to be really fast because I'm leaving for Chicago today.

Anywaaaaaaaaay,

A converstation with Delilah and Chase sounds like a conversation between me and Nathan.

Oh god...

Those are just like... wow.

AND WHO IN THE FUDGE IS SHE NOT HER SISTER?!?!

SHE'S ALWAYS WITH HER!

Unless she's take-out...

Hrm...

#76 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Alexandra: GASP! No! It's NOT John Mayer actually... GUESS AGAIN! Haha... And yes I love Chase. I think he's cool :P And you'll figure out soon how the not-sister thing is possible. And THANK YOU BUNCHES! And the next chapter really doesn't have that much done of it, but I at least know what's going to happen. :P

Ash: have fun in yo home land :P And they're going to be talking a lot, so I had to make their dialogue...whoa. :D And YOU'LL SEE. Thaaaanks.

#77 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

Okay so here I am as your third commenter feeling like I should be the first but I didn't get to read it until my friend left so....better late than never right? :P

Anyway...I think I'll start off with a quote this time before I forget to add it :)

"I don't know. You're a guy. Guys build things," she said.

"Stereotype," I explained, going to sit down in front of the box. "You're the one that played with Legos."

I liked this for some reason, don't ask me why, I just thought it sounded good. :D

Second of all I'd like to say that I'm glad you put more of Delilah in this time. I liked their little talk. :P It was a good start to their relationship I think. :D Although I just love when you put Allison in. I just like her because she is how I would imagine myself to be like If I were about to have a kid. You know, all uptight and what not. Though, its seriously funny how Chase can never have a nice thing to say about her and yet he still kinda feels some love. I was mad at the end when he said that, however, HOW COULD HE? I love their love-hate relationship still.

What happened to Natty though? I didn't see her in this update. Oh well. Was she even in the last one either? I forgot but I kinda thought her and Chase were cool friends. And where's 'ol felix? Haha.

I was also shocked when Delilah said Macy wasn't her sister. It makes me even more curious! I love how in the beginning she seems all board and stuff, and then she starts showing a different side to her, it made me laugh for some reason. :D

So like this was beautiful as always and I'm glad to see it was long! Its good to see and update!

Bravo Jamie, you impress me every time I read. :) No joke.

UPDATE SOON!!!

-MEGHAN

#78 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

There are so many things I loved about this chapter!

One, Harry Potter marathon? Any mention of hp is an automatic win.
Two, Delilah is so funny! With the eye rolling all the time. I can relate because people tell me I roll my eyes all the time.
Three, Disney reference. Also an automatic win.

These awesome things make up for me missing the guessing thing again. Urg.

OH! And what the heck with the "she's not my sister" comment? Like, what?!

Also, Chase relationship with his sister is interesting. I'm predicting right now that something is up with the father of her child. Just saying!

So, awesome chapter!
Please update soon soon soon (:

#79 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Okay, I will give an actually comment for the THREE updates I have missed...

But..

Is the artist of the song: Blake Shelton? Or is it, Joe Nichols? Because they both sing the song. Ha.

I however think it is Blake Shelton you are referring too.

Anyway. Proper comment coming soon. Sneak peak?

I LOVE IT ALL. YOU ARE AMAZING JAMIE!!!

#80 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Blake Shelton is the the person that sings that song!! Sorry I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all! Sorry! But amazing UPDATE JAMIE! This is the AMAZINGLY BEST STORY ON HERE! You.Have.To.Get.Published

*Goes in MANIC STATE!*

Anyways!!
Love,
Alex

#81 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

Whoops. Should have been more clear.

Blake Shelton sings the song, Joe Nichols wrote the song :) But he decided not to release it.

#82 aprilbaby95

aprilbaby95

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hey... This is an interesting idea for a story and I can't wait to read more.

-S

#83 Ohliveeah

Ohliveeah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

I love your chapters.
And, I think Tripp should drop Macy and marry me. I don't care if he is a bit of a butthead - most are, anyway.
Awesome job!

Ps, the book was called "Swim The Fly". It was pretty good, but I personally prefer to be in your main character's mind - it was written by a guy, and you could tell by the inappropriate-ness.

- Olivia

#84 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

I know I say this in practically every comment I make, but this is soooooo good, and I just KNOW that it will be published one day :D

You are really talented, Jamie. Your writing sounds so professional!

Please update, because I am loving this story, and I really want to read more about Chase and Delilah :)

xoxo, Suze :heartbeat:

#85 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Meg: Psh, who cares when you comment? So long as you do eventually. :P I loved that line too. You always manage to point out one of my favorites! The whole thing with Allison is kind of how I feel about my brothers a lot... Like, if I'm upset with them, I DON'T want to see them happy, no matter how mean I know it is, you know? Lol, I'm just evil. And Natty and him are friends, but him and Tripp are BESTIES! hehe. I think she's in the next update though. Im not sure about Felix though. We'll see! :) You'll figure out about the Not Sister Situation in time. Just trust me! And THANKS. :D

Kylie: Hahaha. Whenever I use movies, I always end up using HP for some reason. And I've never been to Disney World, like Chase :( Haha. You'll figure out the not sister business in due time hehe. Just not yet :P Thank you thank you thank you. And we'll see if your prediction is right, hmmm? 

GEORGIA!!: Lol. Yes, you do. :P I would have taken either I'd decided, but I was looking for Blake. So YAY! You and Alex guessed it ONE MINUTE a part from each other though, so I'm gonna have to give you both something, okay? Okay. Lol. 

Alex: Aww, thank yyyeeww. :) And even though you guessed like a half a second late, I'm still gonna get you and Georgia both a prize. :P Comin' soon! 

Sydney: Thanks! I'm glad you like it. 

Olivia: Thank you! :) Psh, he's yours. I don't feel like him and Macy will last forever anyway, haha. Hah, I've never heard of it. But books by guys do end up sounding more inappropriate, I agree. 

Suze: Aww, you know you're the sweetest, right? Haha. It means a lot. Professional isn't always the goal, but I love it sounds that way! I like writing about Chase & Delilah so I'm glad you guys like reading about them. 

Crazy past few days. I'm so tired! :/ Update may take a little longer, but I'll do it as soon as I can. 

And Georgia and Alex, I'll get your prizes soon! :D I've got something in mind for each of you, I THINK...

#86 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Priiiiiizes :D :

GEORGIA (i had to, okay? Haha) :

Posted Image

ALEX:

Posted Image

Hehe, hope y'all like those. I was tired of giving people guys! ;)

#87 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

Expect a pro pic that looks like that cute kitty! Oh and Like! UPDATE?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?1? No that I nag, or that I'm reaching into a manic state.

*Shakes her head, but strawberry shampoo gets in mouth*
"BLah!"

*Now runs to get a frozen strawberry lemonade to wash taste out of mouth*

Ahh!

Muc better!
And okay, (You deserve a super cool comment by ME!)

So Delilah kinda slipped up about "She's NOT my sister"
Oppies!
Anyways,
My mind is going into a manic state, I want more Chase Walker (Got the running thing..Ha.Ha.Ha)

And more DELILAH!

SO there is only one word
Update!
U-P-D-A-T-E
See! I spelt it out!
"How do you spell happiness?"
"U-P-D-A-T-E!"

So after having a lovely brain freeze, PEACE!
Alex~

#88 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

My homeland was amazing.

Except for the part when there were EVIL people on the plane...

#89 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Alex: Hahaha. Oh my God you are officially insane, kk?

Ash: Your times on airplanes could never compare to me and Cheyenne's. There have been instances with gameboys and her parents running across the runway of the airport, making the pilot hold the flight. Yeah.

Sorry I'm being so slow. The update should be up in the next couple days, I believe. A teaser for now though:

"You look...like a mess," I said honestly, accidentally breaking out into a grin as I brought my eyes back up to Delilah's face.  

Yes. Hopefully that'll hold y'all over. :P

Peace out.

#90 IlovePavlov13

IlovePavlov13

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

:D

That sounds coolio.

AND THIS IS GOING TO MAKE YOU LAUGH.

LOOK AT MY AMAZING NOOK'S INTELLIGENCE.