• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#406 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I am so ... happy? Sad? Heartfelt? Wonderful? ;)

I mean, this story has just been your life for the past two years and look! It's done. You've completed your goal, our goal. Twice. Chasing Delilah is really really good. And hopefully someday you'll look back at this and realize how amazing this and you are! I'm so proud of you for sticking to this and I know that when (yes when) you tell your father he'll be even prouder.

I love how it ended. It felt completed, you know? What I love even more is that they didn't kiss. Like you said, it just wasn't time. But goodness, Felix is just beautiful. Honestly I love him. Favorite character!

Even though it's sad that Grayson had to die to bring Chase and Allison and Jeff together, it had to be done. I remember when you asked me, "What if I killed Grayson?" I just laughed and said, "Absolutely." I thought it would just be kind of funny to see how everyone reacted. But once I read through the last chapter I understood. Things like death bring people together. But it's sad that it has to be that to do it.

I like how both Chase and Delilah weren't even mad at each other. It was pretty funny when he called them both dumb asses.
I really love this story. Never stop writing :heartbeat:

And chasing Delilah was something you could say I was pretty used to.

Cheyenne Nicole

#407 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

THEY. DIDN'T. KISS.

Oh my god, you kill me.

As if that was the last chapter. As if it's over.

You concluded everything perfectly. I'm immensely satisfied and pleased. (also also dying a bit because they didn't kiss)

And I really loved that chase and jeff had that conversation.

And that last line!! Brilliant!

YOU'RE THE BEST I LOVE YOU KEEP WRITING COOL THINGS

<3

#408 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

JAMIE!!

Dude, you finished this!! You wrote another whole freaking book. You are like my idol. Lol.

That last chapter was amazing, I loved how everyone was in it, even if some just by mention. You summed everything up so nicely and left room for our imaginations to go crazy trying to figure out what could be:)

Love love loved the last line. It was perfect.

And even though Delilah still reminds me of a horse, I will honestly miss this story so very much.

Now get cracking lovie. I hope to see a new Jamie story sooner rather than later.

But most of all, CONGRATULATIONS.

I was just about to write, 'update soon' you know, as we normally do.. then went.. "Ohhh."

It really is over. Hahaha.

Georgia x

#409 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Well, I guess I should start of with saying hey. :mgwave: God, I feel terrible for the delayed comment. On your last chapter no less. So sorry about that.

This makes me your worst reader. :icon_redface:

If I was hoping to get away with an excuse I'd say it was partly because I didn't want it to be over...and that I needed some time to collect myself...and that things have been hectic lately... But I'm just going to take responsibility, no excuses included this time. I'm horrible. There we go. I said it. It's out. :P Now please forgive me because I do not cope with guilt very well. Haha.

So...this is really the end of the road, huh? (Notice pun was very much intended...lol)

:icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2:

Oh, golly me, I told myself I wasn't going to cry! Now here I am just bawling! *Tear tear*

Well, I couldn't have asked for a more ingenious ending. I'm not saying I'm pleased that they didn't kiss--because I'm SO not okay with it. I'm not going pretend like it didn't dash all my hopes--but I will admit that it was totally brilliant that they didn't. ;) At least he was going to. I'm going to just have to hold on to that fact.

What can I say? I'm a romantic. :wub:

I loved how they both wanted to apologize thinking the other was mad at them. That was adorable. :hyper:

I also guess I understand about Grayson. You have an excellent point. Tragedy can definitely bring people together. (I remember, after the wild fire in my community, my neighborhood organized a little barbecue party at our park in order get to know everyone better.) And I'm glad Jeff grew up because of it. But still...so sad. *Sniffle*

"I'm doing good..." he trailed off before letting out a sigh. "Okay, let's cut to the chase here. Um, Delilah told Macy to tell Natty to tell me to tell you that she wanted to talk to you at Coffee today at four."

My head spun. What the hell? I pulled the phone away from my ear to blink at it a few times before moving it back.

"Was that English?" I asked, confused. Whatever he had said made me feel like we were playing a messed up game of telephone, and I think the message had definitely gotten distorted. Because Delilah no way in hell wanted to talk to me.

Haha. Nice telephone reference. :icon_biggrin:

Delilah didn't seem opposed to that idea at all, smiling when I said it. I moved my hands to her waist and started leaning down to her without a thought. I was about as close as I had been the last time I tried this when there was a bang, followed by a slamming door and the most unwelcome voice on the planet.

"Hey Cha—DELILAH! How the hell are you?! I was starting to think I'd never see the day you came back around here!"

Felix.

BWAHAHA. Of course. Leave it up to Felix to ruin the moment. :lol: LOVE him.

The coolest thing I think about this chapter though, the LAST chapter, was the last line. I love it when things revert back to the theme of the entire book (I can say book now :o ). And that line did a fantastic job of it. You nailed the ending. :)

Gee, I'm going to miss reading and commenting on this. You may have been writing this for over a year but I was also a fan for that long. It's weird coming out on the other side like this, after being so emotionally attached for so long. Hopefully you do some one shots like you said you were thinking about. I'll totally read them for sure. ^_^

And...guess what? You get to move this baby to the archives now! It is my honor to have been such a big part of this archive worthy story. :D

Ps. The first thing that I saw was the title and when I did I laughed so hard. Not because it was funny. Haha. No. But because it was so damn perfect. Not only did it account for the whole story and all with flying colors, but I just couldn't help but noticing...Jcrazy...We Were Crazy.

Yah. I know. I'm weird. I like to think everything is way more significant than it is...

HAPPY THE END!

And page ten...and finishing your second book...and just being my idol. You are freaking awesome, Jamie. You better know that, okay. I'm not just saying it to boost your ego. Lol.

Well...I guess I can't say update anymore...

WRITE ME ANOTHER BOOK, please.

Love you. :)

-MEG

#410 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I cant believe my comment didnt post! Ive been having laptop problems (my new $1200 12GB Harddrive Core i7 Toshiba DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY and I had to get it sent to be fixed!) and internet problems (my service was cut off for days as they 'upgraded' it!) this past week and everything's just been hectic.

So I shall start again, because an amazing story by one of my besties deserves a stellar review :)

First of all: It feels like I was waiting the entire story for them to finally kiss, but somehow, as soon as I saw "The End", I felt surprisingly content with the way it finished.

I know that they will be together and I felt like you really summed up all the relationships in the novel realistically, and in the way it was supposed to happen.

Second of all: The writing, as Im sure Ive mentioned about fifty times before, is of a really high standard throughout the ntire novel, and shows just how much dedication and thought you've put into it for us to read.

And thirdly; I can't believe you finished ANOTHER book! You're incredible, you know? You're such a good role model and Im actually so proud of you and what you've accomplished ^_^

With that said, I'm both happy and sad to see this story finished, and all I can hope is that you have another story stirring in your mind that you will start writing soon, because I just cant get enough of your work! :blush:

Congratz, J! And I love you for mentioning me as one of your top commenters- that was sweet :D

:heartbeat: Suze

#411 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Haha I feel so bad, I never replied to you guys' replies on my final chapter. I will RIGHT NOW. 

Artemis: Thank you soo much. It means a lot coming from you—I know you wouldn't say something if you didn't really mean it. And I'm glad I didn't make them kiss either. I don't know, it would have felt to cliche to me too. Glad you like the idea of one shots :) I still plan on doing a few. I loveddd your ideas for them haha. I really wanna do the "Delilah's family reunion" one! I've actually thought about that a lot :) 

Cheyenne: I've already done realized how amazing this and I am!! :D heh. And yes or course you were glad they didn't kiss! Haha but yeah, I'm really glad they didn't, especially now. Ok thank you, you were very helpful throughout this whole thing, you always are. :) 

Kylie: haha I guessed that you would be the person most upset by the fact that they didn't kiss!!! :P lol. But thank you sosososo much for sticking with me through this whole thing :)

GEORGIA!!: Thanks!! Glad I can be your idol ;) I think the last chapter worked so well because I had had it in my mind longer than any other chapter. Lol. I still will laugh every time you mention Delilah reminding you of horse :D hahah. THANKYOU!!!

Meg: I didn't actually make you cry did I?? God I hope not!! But thank you :) haha. I'm glad you understand why everything happened :) and thanks for pointing out quotes, even on the last chapter :) and pointing out that Felix is still the one to blame!! Haha. Thank you so much for commenting all the way though this...!

Suze: Yay it was goal for this story to feel wrapped up and finished when I was done with it. :) aw, thank you so much! I've really tried harder on this story than anything I've ever written and I'm glad y'all have enjoyed it. Thankyouuuuu!!!

OK YAY THANKS :) y'all telling me you're proud of me was so amazing. 

By the way, still wanna do ONE SHOTS. if there's something y'all WANT me to write, just let me know and I'll try and do it :D

#412 Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd.

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'm going to reread this sometime this summer. Just saying. It was that good. I never reread stuff on here, but I'm going to with this.

That's saying a lot.

xoxoArtemis

#413 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm going to reread this sometime this summer. Just saying. It was that good. I never reread stuff on here, but I'm going to with this.

That's saying a lot.

xoxoArtemis

You saying that just made my day. Or more like week. Thank you.

Edited by Jcrazy, 01 July 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#414 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

So I had an overwhelming urge to revisit this today. I gotta say I'm a mix between grinning and crying. Seeing this story again brings back so many great memories of this place. This story had once been a huge part of the life of MCMB for a long time. Man. Those were the days, huh? My point is: I miss your stuff so much, Jamie! You have such awesome, raw talent. Ever since I joined this site I've looked up to you. It's not just your writing, either. I don't even know you in real life and yet, as I've gotten to know yo over the years through this site, I feel like you are an incredibly compelling person all around. I know it's terribly sappy of me to say, but I just felt like letting you know that I still think about you & your stories a lot. I hope soon to be seeing some new creations of yours! No pressure or anything. Lol. ;)

—Meg :D

Edited by 24moon100, 14 February 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#415 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

So I had an overwhelming urge to revisit this today. I gotta say I'm a mix between grinning and crying. Seeing this story again brings back so many great memories of this place. This story had once been a huge part of the life of MCMB for a long time. Man. Those were the days, huh? My point is: I miss your stuff so much, Jamie! You have such awesome, raw talent. Ever since I joined this site I've looked up to you. It's not just your writing, either. I don't even know you in real life and yet, as I've gotten to know yo over the years through this site, I feel like you are an incredibly compelling person all around. I know it's terribly sappy of me to say, but I just felt like letting you know that I still think about you & your stories a lot. I hope soon to be seeing some new creations of yours! No pressure or anything. Lol. ;)

—Meg :D

This was the greatest message to come across. It means tons that you were willing to look back on this story after years. Saying years feels really weird, but it really has been years, which is insane to me. Thanks for that and thanks for saying you miss my stuff. The simplest words like that are incentive enough to write at least a little bit. Awesome of you to call me a "compelling person" because that's how I've always thought of you, and Artemis, and some certain other people on this site over the years. You all seem like you'd be even more wonderful in "real life." I actually have been writing a bit more recently. My British lit class has me reading more, which is inspiring me some. Hopefully I'll have something for you to read sooner than later. Thanks so much, Meg :)

#416 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

This was the greatest message to come across. It means tons that you were willing to look back on this story after years. Saying years feels really weird, but it really has been years, which is insane to me. Thanks for that and thanks for saying you miss my stuff. The simplest words like that are incentive enough to write at least a little bit. Awesome of you to call me a "compelling person" because that's how I've always thought of you, and Artemis, and some certain other people on this site over the years. You all seem like you'd be even more wonderful in "real life." I actually have been writing a bit more recently. My British lit class has me reading more, which is inspiring me some. Hopefully I'll have something for you to read sooner than later. Thanks so much, Meg :)

I'm glad. :) I needed to make sure you knew, because the nostalgia is getting real over here. Lol. And I know our lives are way more hectic than they used to be, but I still think it's important to keep this site alive and keep writing and keep sharing. Without you guys I don't know where I'd be. This place is such a huge part how I found my identity. It feels wrong not to remember the good times and hope for some even better times. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users