Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Posted Image

Banner disclaimer:

Original Artist: janruss

Image Edited by: shaheen

Image Adapted by: shaheen

Original Title: Brian and Julie's wedding ring

.:.Prologue.:.

My big secret? I have a husband that nobody knows about. Actually, I don’t even remember his name. Here. It’s out now. You people must think that I’m a slu*t for not remembering my husband’s name. But I assure you that my case is really, what you would call, exceptional. I was stoned drunk when I married him. Actually, I can’t even remember his face, but I am sure if one day, may this not happen, I happen to meet him, I’ll totally recognize him. I have exactly ten flashback of that night. And I’m not totally proud of how I dealt with it in the end, but I really was panicked.

Three years ago: After Graduation

Flashback One: Was in a pub in Chicago, totally drunk, babbling I don’t know what to the bartender while it was snowing outside.

Flashback Two: A total hot dude came to sit next to me and said ‘Hello’.

Flashback Three: Ranting about my brother and my best friend to him….and much more things that I don’t remember.

Flashback Four: Said bye to him.

Flashback Five: Was crying in front of the pub over my broken heel when the hot dude saw me again

Flashback Six: Was asking the hot dude if he’ll marry me.

Flashback Seven: Both totally wasted, we passed the wedding ring in each other finger, saying our vows, and laughing like maniacs.

Flashback Eight: On our way to his hotel suite, totally making out like a bunch of teenagers.

Flashback Nine: Stumbling into the elevator, both of us laughing hard.

Flashback Ten: Woke up the next day to a guy, a wedding ring on my finger and totally scared. Took off the ring, place it next to the bed and ran away without saying anything to him.

Now, you tell me…was this a slu*t case or not? Me, I call this normal reaction to peculiar situation! But unfortunately for me, my past caught up with me…and here he is now, on the same cruise ship with me!

Hello!! Well, I've written like three chapters and will carry on with the writing only if you guys like it!! So?? :D

#2 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

SHAHEEN!!!

This is amazing! I love it! I want more! PLEASE POST IT! NOW!!! I DEMAND IT!!!

Love,
Alex~ :mgbubblegum:

PS: FIRST REPLIER!!! :D

#3 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

Helloww :D

First off, beautiful banner :)

It's sooo pretty!!

And I loved your prologue!

It already sounds like an amazing story!

Post more soon?
-Alexandraa

#4 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Wow!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH ALREADY!!!! Lovely idea!!!!! Ilove Las Vegas style stories!!!! (You probably get that from the exclamations.)

Okay. I'll shut up now.

Just one last thing.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

*delirious* Rivea :icon_flower:

#5 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

I want to know more please! (:
Update soon!

#6 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Yay! So glad you posted a new story and the one you said you were going to post as well! I can't wait for more! I finally figured out how to post comments from my phone :P x Update!

#7 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

SHAHEEN!!!

This is amazing! I love it! I want more! PLEASE POST IT! NOW!!! I DEMAND IT!!!

Love,
Alex~ :mgbubblegum:

PS: FIRST REPLIER!!! :D

Hiya Alex! :) Glad to see you here!!

AwwwPosted Image Thanks!! Coming up!!

Helloww :D

First off, beautiful banner :)

It's sooo pretty!!

And I loved your prologue!

It already sounds like an amazing story!

Post more soon?
-Alexandraa

Ooo...another Alex! :)

Really? :D Thanks. I'm glad you liked the banner. I just love making banners.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Wow!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH ALREADY!!!! Lovely idea!!!!! Ilove Las Vegas style stories!!!! (You probably get that from the exclamations.)

Okay. I'll shut up now.

Just one last thing.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

*delirious* Rivea :icon_flower:

R.I.V.E.A.

Welcome aboard!Posted Image

Thank you soooo much!!

Oh, don't shut up. I just love reading your babbling! You know that ;)

I want to know more please! (:
Update soon!

Hey Kylie.
Thanks! Update coming up!

Yay! So glad you posted a new story and the one you said you were going to post as well! I can't wait for more! I finally figured out how to post comments from my phone :P x Update!

Thank You. I don't know if you remember, but I mentioned this idea before, after completing paranoid, but didn't post it.
Ow. Great! Finally, huh?! ;) Someone taught you how to?

#8 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

.:.Chapter One.:.

Factual:

1) I am Aurélie Nora McCarthy. My friends call me Aurélie or Aurél. My parents call me Nora. And the cynics call me McCarthy.

2) I am twenty five years old, ten minutes younger than my twin brother James Taylor McCarthy.

3) I’ve got my degree three years ago at UCLA and works as columnist in California along with my brother who is also my superior there.

4) I’m single(absolutely nobody knows that *cough* I’m married. But well! It doesn’t really count right?!)

5) I still live with my brother in an apartment in California, where he does the cooking, and I, the laundering.

6) Nationality: Française (French)…and I hate all French people.

Non-Factual:

1) I’m irritating and over dramatic My brother’s words.

2) I’m too stubborn and childish_ Mr. & Mrs. McCarthy words, aka, my parents.

3) I don’t have the talent to be a Journalist_ My Boss, Mr. Atkins’s words.

4) I’m crazy and a total worrywart_ My best friend, Evelyn’s words.

5) I’m awesome_ Adam,Evelyn’s fiancé’s words.

No. It’s just not possible. Not him. Out of all people. He must be his twin! Yeah, that’s it! Dear God, please make that guy standing just a few feet away from me not the one I am thinking! And then he turns his face and looks directly at me.

“It’s him!” I whisper loudly on the Cruise Ship.

“Who??” Evelyn asks, casually chewing her chewing gum. How can she behave like that when he is on board on our cruise ship?? HOW CAN SHE?? She is supposed to be my best friend!!

“My god! It’s him!! It really is him!” I whisper, louder this time and jumping slightly. Not in a happy way, let me highlight!

“WHO???” Adam asks, excited. Adam is Evelyn fiancé. I barely know him and he’s excited at something I said, while by best friend is rolling her eyes at my outburst.

“Don’t bother, Adam. She’ll keep on repeating that phrase at least ten times before answering you.” Evelyn offers. SO much for her being my buddy!

“Evey!!! It’s him!! What will I do now! I don’t want him to see me!”

“Get off board sweetheart! And don’t attend my wedding!” Sarcasm, thy name is Evelyn. I stick my tongue out ather. Actually, Adam, being super rich, is organizing his wedding with Evelyn on a super expensive cruise ship. And of course, I’m invited! Or else, the only way you can find me on this kind of cruise is if I trick a photograph.

“Evey!” I pout.

“Alright, alright. Just tell me who is he and where is he?”

“Over there,” I reply, discreetly pointing my finger in his direction. “And he’s kinda my husband!”

Confession number two. Okay,it’s just part two of confession number one. Evelyn, my best friend since Idon’t remember when, doesn’t know about my little escapade in Chicago. And if she knows this, which she will soon enough, she’ll just shoot fire out of her eyes at me or spit fire. Not literally. But I’m sure going to get a headache.

#9 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

That was a short update :'( but I still loved it. I already love Evelyn and Adam, Evelyn knows her soo well- apart from the little fact that she's married! :P
I can't wait for her husband to speak to her Lol and yeah I do remember you saying about this story- I've been waiting for you to post it ever since then!
I figured it out myself Lol- it was because I wasn't logged in so it didn't give me the option to post. Anyway I know you just updated but update again real soon, especially because I have exams now!

#10 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

*Stumbles upon Ninja's new story and has a heart attack and dies*

---

*Comes back alive*

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! So excited for this, Shaheenie :) I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE this story and ... the male lead ;)

Update sooon?

Bee

#11 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:35 AM

SHAHEENIE!

oh god how could I miss this? nevermind don't answer that
I m sucky little reader aren't I? Don't answer this to

Ooooooohhhhhh this sounds sooo funnny and yes full of rom-com and man one very hot (yet stupid) dude
as usual the protognist sounds a little off her kitler ( don't kill mee D: )

Update soon! i'l l be waiting

-Liberty/Anshi :icon_sunny:

Edited by Anshi, 10 May 2011 - 01:36 AM.

#12 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

SHAHEEN!

What can I say!

You are an amazing writer, no way you can cut it. You just are! So to this, I want a update. NOW! So move it! Get typing :user: and I want to read :icon_study:
Love,
Alex~
:heartbeat:

#13 takari28

takari28

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

Wonderful!
Can't wait to read more
~kari~

#14 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

Oh my God!! I can't believe she broke it to poor Evey that way!!!!!

already love Adam and Evey!!! Adam is soooo cute :heartbeat:

Update soon!!!!!!! I wanna see her husband!!!!!!!

Okay so I'm over-excited for this story but just just said that you like reading my babbling so I'm not going to stop!!!!

Rivea :icon_flower:

#15 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Aww cute update :)

I like Adam too!

And I can't wait to see her fiance!

Update sooonnn
-Alexandta

#16 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

That was a short update :'( but I still loved it. I already love Evelyn and Adam, Evelyn knows her soo well- apart from the little fact that she's married! :P
I can't wait for her husband to speak to her Lol and yeah I do remember you saying about this story- I've been waiting for you to post it ever since then!
I figured it out myself Lol- it was because I wasn't logged in so it didn't give me the option to post. Anyway I know you just updated but update again real soon, especially because I have exams now!

*sniff* I know. Most of my updates are short, you must have noticed. But...I promise regular updates.
Really? :D Thanks! :) Well, she knows now. About the wedding.
Aww. But that explains why you couldn't comment. It wasn't because you didn't know how to!

Stupid exams! Always trying to ruin our lives.

*Stumbles upon Ninja's new story and has a heart attack and dies*

---

*Comes back alive*

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! So excited for this, Shaheenie :) I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE this story and ... the male lead ;)

Update sooon?

Bee

Hey Phoebs!!

Well, thank god you resuscitate!!! Or else I'd have to come on your grave and do a little spell.
Thanksssss!! :) :)

SHAHEENIE!

oh god how could I miss this? nevermind don't answer that
I m sucky little reader aren't I? Don't answer this to

Ooooooohhhhhh this sounds sooo funnny and yes full of rom-com and man one very hot (yet stupid) dude
as usual the protognist sounds a little off her kitler ( don't kill mee D: )

Update soon! i'l l be waiting

Libertyyy!!

OkayPosted Image

I won't answer.

Alright. Not this one as well.Posted Image Posted Image

Wouldn't dream of killing you hun!!

Thanksss!!!

SHAHEEN!

What can I say!

You are an amazing writer, no way you can cut it. You just are! So to this, I want a update. NOW! So move it! Get typing :user: and I want to read :icon_study:
Love,
Alex~
:heartbeat:

Hey Alex!

Awwww.....Posted Image Thanks. Really :)

Wonderful!
Can't wait to read more
~kari~

Thank you, hun.
*Hugs*
Will post soonish!
If not, bug me.

Oh my God!! I can't believe she broke it to poor Evey that way!!!!!

already love Adam and Evey!!! Adam is soooo cute :heartbeat:

Update soon!!!!!!! I wanna see her husband!!!!!!!

Okay so I'm over-excited for this story but just just said that you like reading my babbling so I'm not going to stop!!!!

Hola, Riv!!

*Giggles*
If I happen to get secretly married, I'll make sure to think of an ingenious way of telling you this after three years of the date. :P

LOOOL. Thank You!! :)

Babble non-stop required! :)

Aww cute update :)

I like Adam too!

And I can't wait to see her fiance!

Update sooonnn
-Alexandta

Hiya!
Lol, thanks!!

I'm glad you like Adam. Confession: I like him too!

#17 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

.:.Chapter Two.:.

“WHAT???” Evelyn shouts, which bring lots, I mean LOTS, of attention in our direction. Including, him. Welcome the migraine. But I guess being shock is a normal reaction seeing that I didn’t tell her about my so called wedding.

“You remember Chicago? Three years ago?” I ask her, making a funny face so as he wouldn’t recognize me.

“Yeah…bleakly.”

“Well, I never told you, but I got drunk on the eve we were suppose to leave for California and married him and left the day after that without saying anything to him.” I offer. Sh*t! He’s focusing on my face. I’m trying to screw my face comically so as he won’t recognize me, but…MAN!! He’s coming in my direction. Why do I do?? God, I so don’t deserve this. Or do I? I mean, I’m not evil you know. I just left my husband on the next day of our wedding. Nothing dramatic about that, right?

“Adam, DO something!” I glare at him and then hide behind his thin shoulders.

“What can I do?? He’s way bulky than me. I can’t punch him!!” Useless man! Douche bag! Terrify, I run. Yeah, call me a coward!

I don’t even remember his name correctly! So I was stone drunk, sue me! All I can remember is that his name had something to do with the letter ‘E’.

I rush into my personal cabin, which is very well decorated, followed by Adam and Evelyn behind me. Well, so much for having my personal space.

“You,” Evelyn spit, “Are SO telling me everything!” Oh, oh, her nose is flaring. Evey, the dragon, is not happy!

“What?” I ask innocently, examining my finger nails or lack of thereof!

“Your husband?”

“Evey! It was just for a day! And we were both stone drunk! I’m sure while waking up he didn’t even remember that he was a married man!”

“What’s his name?” Evelyn asks ,her hands on her waist.

“I don’t remember.” I murmur, feeling small in front of her big eyes.

“He sure is cute.” Adam says.

“SHUT UP ADAM!!” Evelyn and I shout simultaneously.

“What are you going to do now?”Evelyn asks.

“I don’t know. Avoid him?” I cringe in front of Evelyn serious tone.

“You can’t avoid him for two weeks! And you’ve got my wedding to organize!”

“I know. I just don’t know what to do. I’m super scared!”

“Look if he recognizes you, which he might not, just…umm, ask for a wedding annulment. And it’s not as if he’s going to eat you!”

“Being drunk isn’t a reason to ask for annulment.” Adam inserts. We ignore him.

“You’re right!” I say, feeling confident. “I’m NOT scared of him!” Just as I say that, I hear a knock on thedoor. Adam peeks at the door peek hole and scream like a girl, “AURÉLIE!! IT’S THE HUSBIE!!!” Sometimes I wonder if he’s gay…Forget that!

In turn, I scream real loud through my teeth and I run to hide in my small closet. One sheep… two sheep… three sheep…four sheep…I count to control mynerves. Five sheep…

“She’s in the wardrobe.” I hear Evelyn say. That witch! What did I do to deserve this!! Surely he will go, now as he knows I don’t want to meet him.

“Wardrobe.” I hear a deep chuckle. Great! He’s laughing at me.

“She’s a bit wacko you know.” Evelyn explains. “She likes Willy Wonka from the Chocolate Factory and sings his song while in the shower.”

“Oh.” He exclaims, as if that explained a whole lot.

Seven sheep, eight shee…The wardrobe opens and I see a face with a wicked evil grin on it.

“Aurélie…” He calls his voice rich like dark chocolate. Willy Wonka had better voice. Okay, his is better, but over my dead body will Iadmit this!

#18 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohkay I know the boards have this rule against caps and Exclamation but i can't help it
LMFAO
this one is surely a crackpot and why sheep? was she trying to doze off in there? Ahem also wicked evil grin . you had to stop there ...you evil woman
I don't know enough of the "HUSBIE!" but the evil grin is making my stomach churn O.o

#19 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohkay I know the boards have this rule against caps and Exclamation but i can't help it
LMFAO
this one is surely a crackpot and why sheep? was she trying to doze off in there? Ahem also wicked evil grin . you had to stop there ...you evil woman
I don't know enough of the "HUSBIE!" but the evil grin is making my stomach churn O.o

LOL, I'm totally and utterly EVIL, am I not? Posted Image *GIGGLES*
Thanks though! You're a sweetie!!

#20 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

oh my god!!!

:o he remembers her? Did he know her name or did Evey tell him?
I was laughing the whole way through reading this, its hilarious especially that comment on Adam being gay because I was totally thinking the same thing :P but then again he loves Evey so I think he's just playing the good cop, Evey's the bad one but someone needs to be! :P

Yeah I hate exams too, I only just recovered from the January exams and now I have billions more to do. I have tried to revise but there's too many distractions - I need something light like this story to read during my breaks between revising (which I will totally start doing tomorrow :/)

I don't mind if the updates are short as long as you keep posting regularly :P looking forward to the next chapter - I can't wait to see what he says to her, and what his name is. But I hope they don't get an annulment :o :(

#21 takari28

takari28

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

Great update!
Update soon!
~Kari~

#22 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Adam makes me laugh sooooo much! In fact this whole story makes me laugh soooooo much! I love Charlie and the chocolate factory! All that chocolate drives me Craaaaazy....mmmmmmmmmmmm

Update suuuper soon!!! I love her husbie already ;)

rivea :icon_flower:

#23 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

oh my god!!!

:o he remembers her? Did he know her name or did Evey tell him?
I was laughing the whole way through reading this, its hilarious especially that comment on Adam being gay because I was totally thinking the same thing :P but then again he loves Evey so I think he's just playing the good cop, Evey's the bad one but someone needs to be! :P

Yeah I hate exams too, I only just recovered from the January exams and now I have billions more to do. I have tried to revise but there's too many distractions - I need something light like this story to read during my breaks between revising (which I will totally start doing tomorrow :/)

I don't mind if the updates are short as long as you keep posting regularly :P looking forward to the next chapter - I can't wait to see what he says to her, and what his name is. But I hope they don't get an annulment :o :(

Yes. He remembers. The name too. Actually, he remembers everything, and it'll be him who'd fill the gap that Aurélie doesn't remember.
LOL. Yes. Adam is kinda funny.
Oh jeez. They won't just leave us in peace right! Exams I mean. I have one on the 8th June. You know, during exams period, I'm on MCMB more regularly and write more too. It helps me to concentrate better.
Well, I promise to update soon. Kick me if I don't!

Great update!
Update soon!
~Kari~

*Hugs* Thanks!!
Will do ;)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Adam makes me laugh sooooo much! In fact this whole story makes me laugh soooooo much! I love Charlie and the chocolate factory! All that chocolate drives me Craaaaazy....mmmmmmmmmmmm

Update suuuper soon!!! I love her husbie already ;)

rivea :icon_flower:

Ohhhh, I'm glad I could make you laugh!! Me too I love it! And the Willy Wonka song as well!!

#24 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

.:.Chapter Three.:.

“Aurélie…” He calls his voice rich like dark chocolate.

Perfect! Just freak*ng perfect !Do note the sarcasm! His face is just too close for me to breathe properly.

“Yesss?? What can I do for you?” I ask politely, sitting in the wardrobe corner, looking at him with wild eyes. Just by seeing him again all my confidence I was feeling a while ago fly away like a bird. I’ll make sure to catch that stupid bird though! See, I will!! But first, I’ll kill Evelyn for telling him where I am!

“Why don’t you start by getting out of this wardrobe first, sweetheart?” He whispers, making me shiver.

“Actually, I’m quite comfortable here.” I cower and press myself in the corner of the wardrobe. And I’m sure, the ‘sweetheart’ thingy was meant to be sarcastic! He smiles (an evil smile, let me tell you!!), and I get to see his dimple on his right cheek. Man! I kind of remember that dimple! Andsuddenly I get a flash of me with my tongue in it. Man! I really was drunk.

‘Why don’t you tell her your name? She doesn’t remember!” Evelyn asks him. Thank you very much Evelyn! What kind of woman does that make me, huh, not to remember my husband name? Yeah, a sl*t! So, big thanks Evelyn for making me to pass as a sl*t!

“You don’t? He asks, his voice rich as chocolate. He then bows down and sits on his legs and look at me straight in the eyes. “Ethan.” Hah! I knew it has something to do with the letter ‘E’. So, maybe I’m not that much of a sl*t, huh!

“Nice meeting you Ethan!” I lie with an obvious fake cheerfulness.

“I’m having a hard time believing that…” He says. Then he looks at Evelyn, “She isn’t going to come out of this wardrobe, right?”

“Don’t bother. She won’t!” Evelyn replies. Why do I feel like as if these people are mocking me?

“Alright!” He puffs and stands up. Yes! You won Aurélie! He’s G.O.I .N.G!!!

“You’re Evelyn??” He asks questioningly.

“How d’you know?”

“She talked to me ‘bout you.”

“Good things, I suppose?”

“Well, that depends…anyway, from what she said, you’re a real pain in the butt when you want, so maybe you could be like that and ask her to meet me…umm…tomorrow for breakfast?”

“A pain in the butt, huh? Evelyn raises an eyebrow at me, “Yeah, I would be just like that and make her meet you. Do count on me!” She told Ethan. Oh man! She wants revenge! It’s shining in her eyes! I really thought that when The Dragon aka Evelyn will meet his Eragon, aka Adam, she will be tamed. But, apparently, I was wrong.

“Adam…??” I look at him withpleading eyes for help but it’s hopeless. Just one glare from Evelyn shut himup and he mouth a little ‘sorry’ to me. Well, you know where you can stuff yourlame ‘sorry’ Adam!

“Sweet dreams Aurélie!” He wishes and then walks out of my cabin.

&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

“Evey, I’m telling you, I’m SO not going!” I scream hysterically. Because, seriously, just the thought of meeting him is making me to go crazy! If only I could I’d have jumped in the sea and swim back to the shore!

“Aurél, listen to me.” Evelyn says patiently, “Just go and solve this matter once for all. Because, seriously, you just won’t be able to avoid him!” Evelyn explains. “And he’s hot too! Virile!” She winks.

“VIRILE? But I DON’T want virile! I want someone as neat as Adam here who looks like a scared puppy! Virile scares me!” I shout.

In answer, Evelyn just rolls here yes and mutters, “Why the heck did you marry him then?”

“I’ll behave as if I just didn't hear the puppy comment, Aurélie.” Adam says

Stupid Evey! Seriously, I don’t even remember. Whenever I happened to be drunk (which is quite rarely!), I don’t remember anything. It’s like partial amnesia for me!

“Anyway, Aurél, you wanted me to say what I want for my wedding, right? Well, have a proper conversation with...umm…your husband.” The word husband just irks me out.

“This is outright blackmail!” Iscream.

“You think I care?” Evelyn looks at me with bored eyes.

“I guess you’re right. I won’t be able to avoid him.” I pout. “Hey, Adam, how about you go quietly to his room tonight and throw him off board?”

“How about we picking you tonight and throw you in his room?” Evelyn asks sarcastically. The idea makes me to shudder. Literally. Sometimes I wonder why I’m even friend with her. Oh, yeah! To keep me from doing insane things! Too bad she wasn’t with me while I was getting married.

Extract from Ethan’sJournal: (1)

Ethan’s Journal

No. I’m not a diary kind of guy. Keeping diaries is too girly. And no, it isn’t pink with a sliver heart lock on it. I got it from a tie shop back in Chicago. Hell, I don’t even know why I’m justifying myself! The only reason I’m writing in it is because…meeting up with Aurélie again… well..I don’t really know how to say it. There is no right words for it. So, I really think I should write what happened way back in Chicago three years ago. I think it’ll make me feel better…somehow.

It was my brother one year death anniversary and it was snowing. I was totally shattered and half drunk when I stumbled in the pub. That’s when I saw her. I could see her babbling at the bartender, and the latter looked like he’s gonna get a head ache. Smiling, I made my way towards her and sat on the stool next to her.

“Hi, sweetheart!” I said gleefully. Yeah, so I was half drunk. But it looked like the girl was totally wasted.

She looked at me and smiled to her ears. “Hi!” I order another drink and then another, still listening to her lamenting to the bartender about her life. From what I got she was a university student. And a part-time waitress! Then the bartender shift was over and had to go. The other one wasn’t nice enough to listen to her.

“What’s your name, sweetheart?”I asked, feeling as if bubbles were coming out of my mouth. Yeah, that’s shows pretty much how drunk I was.

“Aurélie.”

“Ethan” I introduced. I could see she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open. “Can you see bubbles coming out of mouth?” I ask, not exactly feeling stupid.

She came closed and eyed my mouth, “Nope.”

“Okeeyyy.”

“So, what’s a girl like you doin’ here, totally drunk?” I asked.

“You’re drunk yourself!”

“Truuee” And then we both laugh hysterically. I was so bloody drunk that I couldn’t think straight. But one thing was for sure. I was intrigue by that girl sitting next to me.

So, we talked for hours. Hours! Till midnight! She told me so many tiny things about herself that by the time she stopped, I felt as if I knew her already. She was talking like a train without station. In short, she was speaking non-stop. And I didn’t mind it a single bit. She talked about her friends, her habits, how her best friend is like a big pain in the butt that sometimes she felt as if she’s her mother.Then she started saying how much she loves her like a sister.

She told me she’s studying Journalism and waitressing to pay the bill. How her boyfriend dropped her because she wouldn’t sleep with him. In these few hours, she just told me her life. And how much of a crush she has on fictional characters! That one made to laugh my head off.

Later, much later, she told me she has to go. She paid her bills, and I watched her went through the door…feeling my heart clenching in my chest without my knowing why. I tossed a few glasses of beer down my throat and took my coat to go home.

Stepping out of the pub, I went to wave a taxi. That was when I saw her again, sitting on the pavement, crying while small white balls were falling on her like confetti. My first instinct was to go and comfort her. And my other self told me not to bother. It was overridden by the first one.

‘What’s wrong sweetheart?” I asked, caressing her shoulder and sitting on the pavement next to her.

A bit longer than usual!

#25 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Wow.

Amazing Shaheen.

I love Ethan! He's adorable!

I love the whole update(s)!

Especially the whole 'I am not a diary kind of guy' part!

Though I can't believe his brother is dead..

Poor Ethan :(

And yea, Evey's definitely evil..

Can't wait for the next update :D

Write more soon
-Alexandra

#26 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

DIBS ON ETHAN!!! SUCK ON THAT EVERYONE :D I just hope nobody else already paid dibs on him :(

I love Ethan already! :heartbeat: I'm glad he still remembers Aurelie :)

Update sooooon!

Bee

#27 brunette7856

brunette7856

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:53 AM

I was reading your recent update and I was like: "Woopee! A new one!"
I was happy.
Then I saw an extract of Ethan's Journal.
Whoever wasn't happy with that is weird.

Then it got to the end.
I was sad.

The meaning of this story:

Your story rules so I reckon you should update again!

Lauren

P.S. Did I say that I love this story?

#28 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

DIBS ON ETHAN!!! SUCK ON THAT EVERYONE :D I just hope nobody else already paid dibs on him :(

Update sooooon!

Bee

I'll fight you for him! :D

#29 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

Wow.

Amazing Shaheen.

I love Ethan! He's adorable!

I love the whole update(s)!

Especially the whole 'I am not a diary kind of guy' part!

Though I can't believe his brother is dead..

Poor Ethan :(

And yea, Evey's definitely evil..

Can't wait for the next update :D

Write more soon
-Alexandra

:D :D :D THANKS!!!

I kind of love him too ;)
And I'm so glad you love the update(s)

Hmm....yeah, it's sad huh?! I wanted to put some drama into it. Criminal me. Killed someone to add drama in a story.

Oh, but she is. Posted Image

I'll update soon. I promise.

Update sooooon!

Bee

*Giggles* You do?? :) :) I think someone did.

Yeah, he does remember. And you'll see. He remembers much more.

I was reading your recent update and I was like: "Woopee! A new one!"
I was happy.
Then I saw an extract of Ethan's Journal.
Whoever wasn't happy with that is weird.

Then it got to the end.
I was sad.

The meaning of this story:

Your story rules so I reckon you should update again!

Lauren

P.S. Did I say that I love this story?

Hiya Laren!

:) :D :D <<<< You see this? I was like this when I read your comment.

Thanks SOOOO much!!!

Will update soon!

I'll fight you for him! :D

*cough*

Sounds like war to me.

;)

#30 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

Evey-Adam are such an opposites-attract couple :D

Sweetheart... *sigh*

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

UPDATE!!!

#31 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:03 AM

Evey-Adam are such an opposites-attract couple :D

Sweetheart... *sigh*

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

UPDATE!!!

Yeah, they are the white and the black.

He's kinda high on endearments. But maybe that's just to annoy her.

Will do!!!!Posted Image

#32 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Just a quick comment to say how much I loved it and beg for more :P I couldn't stop laughing all through it and its the perfect break when I'm revising :) also, it was nice hearing Ethan's point of view. Can't wait for more so update ASAP!

#33 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

LOL that was soo funny also it definately made the fact that she IS off her kitler a little more concrete. :P
Ethan is definately something . Is it a good thing or bad I am not sure yet.
Oh my this is definately a good distraction seeing as i m buried in summer homework. Yes I got summer homework. anyways

P.S that Ethan's entry totally rocked. :D

#34 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Just a quick comment to say how much I loved it and beg for more :P I couldn't stop laughing all through it and its the perfect break when I'm revising :) also, it was nice hearing Ethan's point of view. Can't wait for more so update ASAP!

LOL, since I've started revision, I find myself reading and writing more than usual. I call it positive distraction. Maybe you should write an update too ;) *hint* LOL.
Will do ;)

LOL that was soo funny also it definately made the fact that she IS off her kitler a little more concrete. :P
Ethan is definately something . Is it a good thing or bad I am not sure yet.
Oh my this is definately a good distraction seeing as i m buried in summer homework. Yes I got summer homework. anyways

P.S that Ethan's entry totally rocked. :D

LOL. I'm glad you find it funny!! I love writing funny updates...it's kind of my objectives.
Ack. You get summer homework.
For me, it's Winter Exams ;)

Thanks again!

Edited by Shaheen, 19 May 2011 - 11:25 AM.

#35 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

That's what happens when you get drunk...but if you'll end up marrying someone like Ethan (I just love that name :heartbeat: ) I absolutely don't mind! :lol:

Great characters! ^_^ Evelyn's character really makes me laugh and just about everything is really exciting to read.

Can't wait to read more! Update soon. :D :)

#36 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

That's what happens when you get drunk...but if you'll end up marrying someone like Ethan (I just love that name :heartbeat: ) I absolutely don't mind! :lol:

Great characters! ^_^ Evelyn's character really makes me laugh and just about everything is really exciting to read.

Can't wait to read more! Update soon. :D :)

Heyyy!!! LOL....so true! :) I don't mind too ;)

Hehe...thanks Posted Image

Will do!!

#37 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

.:.Chapter Four.:.

“Wake up, sleeping beauty!” Evelyn throws a pillow at me and then drags me by my feet off the bed when I refuse to move.

“Ohhhhh….leave me alone Evey..” I fake a yawn. Because, I’m very much wide awake! And know too well about why Evelyn is so hell bent on waking me up! “Eveyyyy!” I groan when my cheek slide to the floor and I crawl back to my bed, hugging my pillow.

I hear Evelyn walks out of my cabin and I whisper a little ‘YAY!’ and went back to close my eyes. We never know with Evelyn. She can be back at any moment. And indeed, I hear my door open again. I open my one eye to peep at Evelyn, but see a pair of male shoes. Adam??

I open my eyes and raise my head to ask him what he wants to only get the shock of my life.

There, standing next to my bed, isn’t Adam at all. Much to my disappointment! It’s Ethan!!!!!

“You?!” I yell and stand on my bed in shock.

“I see that you decided to get out of that closet after all.” He smiles. “Good morning sweetheart!” He greets. I’m ignoring the sweetheart part!

“Awesome nightdress.” He mocks. Alright, so I’m wearing my Brother James’s shirt that I like to steal. Thinking of my brother, I haven’t seen that a**h** since aboard. He must be harassing some girl somewhere and may god help that poor girl! “Must be your brother’sright?”

“How d’you kn…Oh, don’t tell meI’ve told you that too!!” I ask, feeling angry at myself.

“Actually, you did! You told me a lot of things. You just love stealing your brother’s shirts, don’t you?” He smiles. “And I have to admit, I love that shirt on you.” What there to love about it? It’s old, and…Man!!! It's ultra short and since I’m standing on my bed, I could see my Mickey Mouse underwear. Going red, I could see that he noticed it too!!!

Sitting on my bed again, like a normal human being, I pull my cover on me. “What are you doing here?” I ask moodily.

“Evelyn told me you wouldn’t get out of bed. So, I came.”

“Well, as you can see, I was sleeping.” I say, clearly hinting him that I don’t want to meet him. And guess what??? The best part is that I still don’t remember the sex between us. When I woke in the hotel room I was naked, but I didn’t remember anything about making love to him!! Yeah, I know! I’m a sl*t!

“Oh, but I don’t mind getting under the cover with you. We did it before.” He says and I start to blush.

“I’ll just remove my shoes…” He starts removing his shoes and me, I start to panic. Surely, he’s just joking!

“DON’T!!!!” I scream. “Don’t don’t don’t!!” Just then, much to my appreciation, my brother decides to enter my cabin, “Hey, Aurél…….what the heck??” James asks when he saw Ethan sitting on my bed.

“Didn’t know you were this fast sister!” He mocks. I’m going to pretend as if I didn’t hear that part, because I’m so bloody happy to see my brother. Okay, to be precise, I’m happier to have someone else in the room beside Ethan. I jump off my bed and hug my brother tight around his waist. Yeah, that much relieve, I am!

“Oh, I love you, I love you, I love you…”

“Get off me you freak!” And when I refuse to move, he adds, “Okay, what do you want?” Man! My brother knows me too much. He knows very well that the only reason I’ll ever say that I love him is when a) I want something from him, and b ) When I’m dead serious (which is quite rarely).

“I want you to stay right here with me.” This way, Ethan wouldn’t dare to do anything! Not that I was expecting him too. He was just trying to mess with my head.

“I’ve got better things to do than babysit you sis!”

“You’re my BIG brother! It’syour DUTY to protect me!”

“I’m elder than you by ONLY ten minutes!” He retorts. Yeah, James is my twin brother! Which sucks! I mean, I was in the same class with him since kindergarten! Same for high school and university, because that jacka** decided he want to do Journalism too. And guess what?? He works in the same agency with me! Go on, have a good laugh!“And from what do I have to protect you anyway?? And who’s that dude?” He asks looking at Ethan.

“I’m Ethan Spencer.” Ethan introduces and went to shake James’s hand.

“James McCarthy.”

“I know.”

“You know??” James asks quizzically. Guess I must have talk about my brother too. I bleakly remember rambling a lot to him in the pub. I don’t remember quite much what I said. But, apparently, he, he remembers, though he was drunk. Man! He must also remember if we did…um…it or not. Sex, I mean!

“Yeah, Aurélie told me a lots of things about you…I’m her husband.” Oh, great! Just perfect, Ethan! I turn my head to look at James and I could see that he was going…kind of…green.

“Nice Joke!” I said and crack a fake laugh, and when he turns to look at me, my shock face reveals it all.

“Oh..God..” He chokes. “I need to sit…”

“James…you alright?”

“God, no! Aurél, what’s going on?” I guess I’ll have to tell him eventually.

#38 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Edited by Shaheen, 20 May 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#39 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

L.O.L!!!

I'm just loving everyone's reactions....

#40 papercut

papercut

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

i just read this

it's awesome

love it!!

mel :)

#41 brunette7856

brunette7856

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Maybe my heart skipped a beat.
Maybe it did not.
But one thing is sure.
And that is: YOU ROCK!

When I wrote that, I didn't know that it would kind of rhyme. Ah the hidden genius within us all :)

GO YOU!

If I could cheerlead (which I can't) I'd be standing on the sidelines with pom poms and doing backflips and stuff because this rocks.

Give me a A
Give me a W
Give me an E
Give me an S
Give me an O
Give me a M
Give me an E
What does that spell? SHAHEEN!

Thanks, Lauren

P.s. Can you tell that I'm happy? :)

Edited by brunette7856, 21 May 2011 - 07:27 AM.

#42 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Man you seriously rock . The only mistake I found is
“I’m elder than you by ONLY ten minutes!” He retorts
I think it should be either elder to you or older than you.
The best part was
I’ll just remove my shoes…” He starts removing his shoes and me, I start to panic. Surely, he’s just joking!
I couldn't stop laughing
Apart from that I am wondering WHY is Ethan so intested in Aurele aren't guys supposed to run away from things like weddings? O.o

#43 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

L.O.L!!!

I'm just loving everyone's reactions....

*Giggles*

I'm glad ;)

i just read this

it's awesome

love it!!

mel :)

Hey Mel!

Thank you!!!!!!!Posted Image

Maybe my heart skipped a beat.
Maybe it did not.
But one thing is sure.
And that is: YOU ROCK!

When I wrote that, I didn't know that it would kind of rhyme. Ah the hidden genius within us all :)

GO YOU!

If I could cheerlead (which I can't) I'd be standing on the sidelines with pom poms and doing backflips and stuff because this rocks.

Give me a A
Give me a W
Give me an E
Give me an S
Give me an O
Give me a M
Give me an E
What does that spell? SHAHEEN!

Thanks, Lauren

P.s. Can you tell that I'm happy? :)

AwwwwwwPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

That was LOVELY!!!

And you ROCK too!!!

Such a lovely comment!!

Thank you SO much!

Yes.... ;) I can definitely say so!

Man you seriously rock . The only mistake I found is
“I’m elder than you by ONLY ten minutes!” He retorts
I think it should be either elder to you or older than you.
The best part was
I’ll just remove my shoes…” He starts removing his shoes and me, I start to panic. Surely, he’s just joking!
I couldn't stop laughing
Apart from that I am wondering WHY is Ethan so intested in Aurele aren't guys supposed to run away from things like weddings? O.o

That's the second time I've been told that I rock! LOL. THANKS!

Ooops. I think I meant to write older.

LOL. You'll find that Ethan is very very different from the typical guys. ;)

#44 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

Ethan is sooooo *drools* I think that basically covers it :D

Aurelie is SOOOOO crazy if she doesn't jump on him lol

Bee

#45 bubba97

bubba97

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

Hahahah I like James :P

I've always wanted a brother.. *sigh*

I loved his reaction when she tells him she loves him :P

And Ethan is.... Ethan is....

I don't know.. There's really no word for it...

He's... special :P

Lovely update Shaheen :)

Write the rest soon :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users