• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#46 lena398:)

lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

this is great! i think im in love.xD ha-ha. well, please update soon and keep up the amazing work! :]

-lena<3

#47 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:22 AM

THE UNCHIVALRIOUS HOTTIE !
*sigh*
^ sorry about that valentines day did a number on my brains

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

Posted Image

This however is NOT to be shared with David till he learns the art of chivalry
and about sex slaves ......Shaheenie? :icon_lol:
I just cracked a perverted joke :neutral:

you sadist you
you love too torment us poor readers by such sweet honey like updates
BUT SOOO SHORTY

I agree with Zoe 2 updates at a time

-Liberty/Anshi :icon_sunny:

#48 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:28 AM

^^man, Anshi...you're making me extremely hungry! I'm gonna go check out if there's some cake in the house...

#49 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

Awww I love David already :D

I have dibs on him... just saying lol.

Awesome updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been commenting.

Bee

David: *wink* Love you too, babe.
Ashley: Bashed David on the head.

It's okay, honey bee!! :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

this is great! i think im in love.xD ha-ha. well, please update soon and keep up the amazing work! :]

-lena<3

Well, it's valentine day....it feels good to be in love.
Two updates... see below.

THE UNCHIVALRIOUS HOTTIE !
*sigh*
^ sorry about that valentines day did a number on my brains

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

Posted Image

This however is NOT to be shared with David till he learns the art of chivalry
and about sex slaves ......Shaheenie? :icon_lol:
I just cracked a perverted joke :neutral:

you sadist you
you love too torment us poor readers by such sweet honey like updates
BUT SOOO SHORTY

I agree with Zoe 2 updates at a time

Libertyyyy. Happyyyy valentine day! I'll swallow the whole cake alone.
*Gasp* I said that?? Lol, yes. :) I said that ;)

Yeahhh, I know.....but to celebrate Valentine Day, I'm posting TWO updates! Am I not just super nice?! :)

THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME CAKE. :mgicecream: :heartbeat:

^^man, Anshi...you're making me extremely hungry! I'm gonna go check out if there's some cake in the house...

Yeahh.................got any valentine gifts?? :D :D

#50 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

Chapter Six

David lived in a luxurious apartment on the tenth floor, an apartment he inherited after the demise of his bachelor uncle who died at fifty two.

“It’s nice in here.” Ashley commented. “Where’s my room?” She asked.

“Why! You’re going to share my room.” David joked, but the eye Ashley gave her was pretty scary. “Here.” He pushed the door next to his room and walked into it.

“It’s pretty.” Ashley beamed and turned to him, “Thanks.”

Uneasy, David scratched his head. “I did it for my Mom. When she visits.” He stated. “The bathroom is through this door,” David opened another door leading to a bright bathroom in light green.

“You have an internet connection here?” Ashley asked. “I’ve got to catch up on my notes.”

“Skipping school, Ashley?” David took a fake fatherly tone. “And I don’t have one in this room. But there’s a fixed line in my room. You can use it from there.”

“Fixed line is so old fashion.” Ashley grunted.

“But reliable.”

“Your dad,” David paused on the word ‘dad’ as if it creep him out. “He knows that you’re here?”

“Yeah. I called him the other day.” Ashley said. “He is really nice to me, Dave.” She reassured.

“Never said otherwise.” With that, he left the room, leaving Ashley alone.

Depressed, Ashley slumped on her bed and picked up the report documenting her parent’s death. She went through it for hours, taking notes whenever necessary. Why the man wasn’t behind the bars was beyond her. His car had come right in and crashed with her parent’s. And who is this William who was in charge of this case. He sure seemed to be a nut head. Just as she was finishing off, Dave knocked before entering her room.

“You want me to order something for you for dinner?” David asked, his phone clutched in his hand.

“No. That’s fine. I’m not hungry.”

“You’re sure?”

“Very.” Rubbing her eyes, she added, “I’ll just finish this up and sleep.”

In the morning, Ashley rubbed her eye before slipping out of her bed. She hadn’t sleep so well since she came to Washington. No offence to Shannon’s bed, but it was hard as a rock. She was sure that the wooden floor would have been more comforting. She took a quick shower before leaving her room.

“Well, g’morning princess.” David greeted, folding the newspaper. “Breakfast is ready.”

“Thank you.” Pouring coffee in a mug, Ashley complained, “God, I’m so tired. From sleeping.”

“Oh, I called Shannon. Told her you quit your job.”

“What??” Ashley screamed, not really sleepy anymore. “Why’d you do that for?”

“Because you don’t need to work there anymore.”

“What do you mean I don’t need to? Of course I need to. I need this job ,David.”

“Well, you need something, you tell me. But I don’t want you to work there.” Ashley opened her mouth to tell him precisely where he can stuff his order, and then decided against it. “And we’re not discussing this anymore.”

“Alright, bozo.” Ashley gave him a tight lipped smile.

“Get ready, we’re going out to meet Alfred in ten minutes.” So Mr. David’s mood was off. Alfred was the one who was who killed her parents. The very thought of meeting that gutter made her want to shudder.

The thirty minutes drive was made in total silence. David mood was off, and he also knew that he had no right to behave as he did. Sure, guilty feeling didn’t stop him from calling Shannon. He just didn’t like Ashley to serve drinks in a bar. In his eyes, it was degrading. Not his Ashley.

“So, we are here.” David parked the car and looked at Ashley. “Look, Ash, I’m sorry, okay. I shouldn’t have behaved that way.” He apologized. “But that doesn’t mean I’m letting you go and work there.”

“It’s okay, David.” Ashley smiled.

“You know, when I’m not at home you can revise your notes. Or follow your classes online.”

“That sounds like a great idea. Thanks.”

David pushed the slightly opened door and took his revolver out. “Stay behind.” He ordered.

“Like hell.” Ashley walked in with David to the living room, and then her eyes widened. The sight in front of them was that of an old man, Alfred she supposed, with a hole on his forehead, blood pouring out.

“My God.” She muttered, shell shocked.

In the background, the masked man aimed his rifle at Ashley through Alfred’s window. His hand was trembling and there was sweat rolling on his back.

He had to finish this, he had to finish this, he kept muttering before firing.

Ashley felt something burn her arm, and saw David running toward her before everything went black. Was this the end, she questioned herself. Was this why her uncle had protected her, and her parents sent her away? She couldn’t think straight. It was too dark. She couldn’t breathe.

Chapter Seven

Ashley growled in her hospital bed. Not out of pain, but of annoyance. She hated the smell of hospitals.

“Ashley.” David stood near the doorway with both his hands in his pocket, his face looking grim. “How are you feeling?”

“What happened?” She asked instead of answering.

“You were shot.”

“What?? Shot?” Ashley screamed. “I was shot?? As in someone wanted to kill me?? I was friggin shot!!! O my god!! I was shot!!!!”

Reassured that she was feeling better enough to scream like a crazy, David walked to her bed and snap her tirade by simply putting his hand on her mouth. “Enough of the melodrama. The bullet just grazed your arm. You’ve been more scared than hurt. Your asthma caused more problems. They’ll release you tonight itself.”

Ashley bit him.

“Ouch. That hurt. You know, it’s the second time now that you’re assaulting a FBI agent.” David joked. “But yes, someone was aiming for you. That guy sure needs some sniping practice.”

“Who was it, David?” Ashley asked, scared.

“I don’t know.” David shook his head. “I’m sorry, babe.” He sat on her bed next to her and caressed her hair.

“I wasn’t your fault, you know. I knew what I was embarking myself into while coming here.” Ashley reassured him with a weak smile. “What about that body we found there?”

“Alfred.” He declared. “Killed by the same person who shot you. The ballistic report was cleared on that.”

“Hmm…”

“Someone knows you’re alive Ashley.”

“I know.”

“Ashley, I think it’s an internal problem.”

“What do you mean?”

“When I took out your parent’s report, I had to put in my ID Number…Everyone till the CIA will know someone is accessing this report. It could be anyone. But someone internal. I’m sure of that.” Stressed, David rubbed his hands on his face to release the tension which accumulated there due to a sleepless night. He had been damn worried about Ashley!

“I’m going to take a few weeks off, and stay with you.” David explained.

“I’m sure that won’t be necessary.” Ashley declined. “I already feel guilty about getting you in this mess.”

“You mean you wish you hadn’t come?”

“Sometimes, yes.” Ashley acknowledged.

“Damn you, Ashley!” David cursed. “I’ve been working myself up all these years, wondering what actually happened to you and all you get to say is that you wish you hadn’t come?!”

“Dave…”

“I’ll get myself some coffee.” With that he stormed through the door. He had to clear his head. He shouldn’t have got angry with Ashley like that. He had been scared for her…scared as he had never been.

Ashley’s head slumped on her pillow, letting her mind wander eleven years ago…when she was still ten years old

“Dave! Let go!!” Ashley screamed as David winded his arm around her waist and dragged her away from Curtis, the guy who she had been kicking for calling her pumpkin. David was fifteen then and it was him who picked her after school every day now. “Dave!!”

“Cool it, Ash.” David dragged her to his car and practically threw her in. “I don’t have time to play today.” He said as he started the car. “I’ve got a date.” He almost sang.

“Ohhh….Mr. has a date with Andrea??” Ashley joked.

“Nah. Mellissa.”

“Shoo! Her hair color is so faked.”

“What do you know??”

“Mom??” Ashley screamed, “I’m back…and hungry!!” She walked into the living room only to see Uncle Jed there. “Hey, Uncle Jed!!!!” She squealed and jumped on him.

“Honey, you’ll have to go and stay with Uncle Jed for a few, okay?” Her mother said.

“Oh.” Reading her mom’s face she knew she wouldn’t have much say in this. “Urm, I’ll just call David and…”

“No!” Her mom almost jumped. “No, baby. You can’t tell anyone. You have to understand this. All our lives are in danger here. You, me, and your daddy. You understand that, right baby?”

Ashley nodded without really understanding. It was the right thing to do then, that’s all she knew.

“You’re going to come too then, right?”

“No, babe. Mommy and daddy have a few things to settle first.

Two weeks later, Uncle Jed announced her that her parents died in a car crash, and when she got fifteen, she finally convinced Uncle Jed to tell her what really happened. And it turned out that he didn’t know much himself.

Two updates to celebrate this wonderful day (not for me! :( )
That feels super long....

#51 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

How am I the first one to comment?!?!?!? WONDERFUL UPDATE!! I loved the flashback! Poor Albert :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: Anywho, Sorry you don't have a Valentine, I'll be lonely with you :icon_sunny: :icon_mecry2:

Clara
Happy Valentines Day! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

#52 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

Yep I am a sadist that way

SHAHEENIE :
You had to kill him
-Sniff-
May his soul rest in peace (if he wasn't directly or indirectly responsible for Ashley's parents death )

TWO UPDATES 2 gether my oh my where did the sun rise from ??? :P
jk

They are sooo cute together .I wish I had a friend like David

P.S Riv did you find cake ?? If not tell me I have these make cake w/o bake recepies totally mouthwaering and addictive stuff

#53 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

ohmigod. so many things happening!

I can't believe she got shot!!! And she agreed so quickly when Dave told her to quit her job (*cough* *cough*)! And I felt sad for that old man :( I don't think he deliberately did anything to her parents... And why was the sniper so nervous???

And that memory with Dave was really funny :D

And I like the two updates thing a lot. Do it again?

Rivea :icon_flower:

P.S. Sorry if I didn't make too much sense ;)

Edited by Allthingsstellar, 15 February 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#54 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

^^oh and Anshi, sadly, I went out and bought cake and it turned out to be this weird orange flavour which I couldn't eat at ALL!!! URRRGH!

#55 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

Hey, I swear I must be blind because I never saw this
story at all but I was soooo excited when I saw you had
a new story ...and a thriller at that too!!!

Please say thank you to your friend (who blackamiled you
into writing this) for me.

Anyway I just read through all of it- I was only going
to read one chapter then do my homework, but I had to
read the rest then I was so upset when I came to the end.

Dave and Ashley are so sweet and I love how they
can talk easily and it's not awkward for them after
all these years! I do think living together will cause
problems though- but who said all problems are bad ;)

Thank god she's okay though, I would be dead scared if I
was shot too- even if it had missed me completely!
I hope that coffee cools Dave down although I can kind of
understand why he's upset.

So, update real soon please! x

#56 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:25 AM

How am I the first one to comment?!?!?!? WONDERFUL UPDATE!! I loved the flashback! Poor Albert :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: Anywho, Sorry you don't have a Valentine, I'll be lonely with you :icon_sunny: :icon_mecry2:

Clara
Happy Valentines Day! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Hey clara. Thanks!! I'm glad you did.
You too!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
Who needs guys anyway??!! :P ;)

Yep I am a sadist that way

SHAHEENIE :
You had to kill him
-Sniff-
May his soul rest in peace (if he wasn't directly or indirectly responsible for Ashley's parents death )

TWO UPDATES 2 gether my oh my where did the sun rise from ??? :P
jk

They are sooo cute together .I wish I had a friend like David

P.S Riv did you find cake ?? If not tell me I have these make cake w/o bake recepies totally mouthwaering and addictive stuff

Lol, yes. Two updates. Because I was feeling down for valentine day.
Oh me toooo!!!! He's a good friend. A bit of a male chauvinist. But good.

Thanks you.
I was nice talking and meeting you yesterday. I had a blast.

ohmigod. so many things happening!

I can't believe she got shot!!! And she agreed so quickly when Dave told her to quit her job (*cough* *cough*)! And I felt sad for that old man :( I don't think he deliberately did anything to her parents... And why was the sniper so nervous???

And that memory with Dave was really funny :D

And I like the two updates thing a lot. Do it again?

P.S. Sorry if I didn't make too much sense ;)

Yes. She got shot. She knew there was no use arguing. But still, she should have, right??!!! You'll know about that later....

Thanks. I'm glad you think so.
.....Maybe......
I posted two specially for valentine day :P

Lol, don't worry. When wackos write to each other, we understand each other. :P kidding.

^^oh and Anshi, sadly, I went out and bought cake and it turned out to be this weird orange flavour which I couldn't eat at ALL!!! URRRGH!

Urrrghhh.
Mine was a chocolate brownie. :D

Hey, I swear I must be blind because I never saw this
story at all but I was soooo excited when I saw you had
a new story ...and a thriller at that too!!!

Please say thank you to your friend (who blackamiled you
into writing this) for me.

Anyway I just read through all of it- I was only going
to read one chapter then do my homework, but I had to
read the rest then I was so upset when I came to the end.

Dave and Ashley are so sweet and I love how they
can talk easily and it's not awkward for them after
all these years! I do think living together will cause
problems though- but who said all problems are bad ;)

Thank god she's okay though, I would be dead scared if I
was shot too- even if it had missed me completely!
I hope that coffee cools Dave down although I can kind of
understand why he's upset.

So, update real soon please! x

LOL, THANKS. Your comment just made my day.
Yes. They were very close. They story is very focused on their relationship. Probably more then finding the killer.
They problems are going to start soon. You're right about that.
Of course. I would have been too. Probably would have get a minor heart attack.

Hey I'm really glad you like this.
My friend did blackmailed me into writing this. But posting this up. I wrote this long ago.
Will try to update tomorrow.

#57 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

Chapter Eight

“What are you working on?” David asked, his face close to Ashley’s laptop.

“Hmm…Enzyme mechanisms.” Ashley replied a little aloof. “It’s my project.”

“O-kay.” David rolled his eyes. Whatever that is. What is enzyme anyway? Who cares about enzyme?? Obviously not him.

“I have to predict the products of reactions catalyzed by triose phosphate isomerase, lysozyme, and serine proteases on normal substrates or on analogous hypothetical substrates.” Ashley explained. “In short,-”

“Oh shut up!” David made a choking act. “Who cares about phosphate or isomorose?!”

“Isomerase.” Ashley corrected.

“Whatever.”

“Dave! Just go away and leave me. I have to finish this chapter and send it to my project lecturer today itself!”

“Sorry. It’s my room, babe.” David gave Ashley a tight lipped smile and slumped on the bed among a stack of papers next to Ashley and switch on the TV. God, why did she has to smell this good? And couldn’t she just go and sit in a corner?? No, no…she had to sit on his bed and worked on her damn project. First thing in the morning, he would go to his internet provider and get himself a wireless for Ashley.

And what kind of clothes was she wearing anyway? Couldn’t she just wear pants…!! Of course not! She would do her best to torture him with her shorts…and that mole on her leg sure brought out memories.

“Why are you looking at my mole?” Ashley asked suspiciously with a raised eyebrow.

Damn you, David!

“Urr…I was remembering how I saved your life when that sorcerer threw that spell on you.” David lied. It was a half lie, okay! “You should be eternally grateful to me you know.”

Ashley laughed, “And, kiss you??” She asked suggestively.

“Why not? I think I deserve it.”

And that’s when it happened. Ashley smiled at him and leaned in to kiss him lightly on his lips. Her perfume engulfed his senses, and in one blink, he pushed her laptop off her and had her under him, his lips urging her to open up to him.

He couldn’t think. All he knew was that he had to get closer, so he pressed her on the mattress, his lips still working on her as he pushed her shirt up.

Ashley moaned, and he froze for half a second before jumping off the bed, eyes bewildered.

“I…Ashley…I’m…” He stammered, unable to talk straight. “I have to go.” Damn! Not even an apology, David! Great! All he said was a pathetic ‘I have to go’. Raking his hair with his hands, he shot out of the door, into the cool night. Hands, in his pocket, he walked to the coffee shop.

Seriously, what was he thinking kissing Ashley like that? Ashley. Of all girls he could have kiss. Sure he had been told that he was a kissing maniac, with a few slaps to accompany it, but kissing Ashley topped it all. That’s it. He just permanently damaged their friendship. And he couldn’t even mutter an apology.

Feeling his cell phone vibrated in his pocket, he slipped it out and it was a message from…Ashley??

There’s someone in!!

Putting his cell back in his pocket, David ran to the apartment at full speed. By the time he made it back, his throat and ears was on fire. He didn’t have his gun on him, so took out his pocket knife, and slowly pushed the door. Walking on his toes, he made it to his room, and pushed the bathroom’s door opened.

“Ash!” He exclaimed at the sight of Ashley slumped on the floor, blood dripping out of her pencil.

‘He went from the back window.” She sobbed.

David ran to the window, but it was too late. He saw the man jumping off the water pipe and running. He was too far away. He walked back in the bathroom, and saw that Ashley was still in the same position, trembling.

“Heyy, it’s alright now. He ran away.” He tried comforting her, drawing her head to his chest.

“I- I thought that it was you who returned and I went to check…you were angry with me, so I thought that I should apologize. And that’s when I saw him.” Ashley sobbed. “He was wearing a mask, of course. And…he was running after me. I slipped and kick him on the leg and I plunged my pencil in his leg, then ran and locked myself here.”

“That was very courageous of you, Ashley.” David pacified, picked her up in his arms and walked her up to his bed.

“I’ll bring your inhaler.” David said and walked to Ashley’s room to fetch her inhaler and then gave it to her. “Now, I’m going to give your project lecturer a call and tell him that you won’t be able to return your draft tonight, okay?”

Ashley nodded. She had never been so terrified in her life. The force with which she had plunged that pencil in that man leg was pure adrenaline! And she was lucky, she has to admit that.

“Dave?” She called. “Can I sleep here tonight? Near you?”

“Sure babe.” David smiled.

Enjoy, kids.

#58 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

oh my god YAY!! He kissed her! and then he was
so worried he'd ruined their friendship
That was soooooo sweet. I can't even be
mad at him for running away and not keep
on kissing her.

And the end was soo scary. Someone inside
Dave's house- How did he get in?!
Ashley must have been soo scared, especially
to dig a pencil into him. That must have taken
a lot of strength.

still the one good thing that came from all this-
she gets to sleep with David!!!! ;) =D

Love it, update!

#59 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

....................................................................UM i'm speechless! THEY KISSED!!!! (I hope there's more of that!) O my, some one tried to attack!!!!

Loved it,
Clara

#60 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:08 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

They KISSED

Go David Go David

*fireworks everywhere*

So someone tried to kill her ?

I dunno why I have a odd feeling that is someone very close to her

AWW shaheenie It was FUN talking to you LMAO
I still can't find the ring :/

#61 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

awwwwwwww :D

and then again...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

two 'cause they kissed AND she's going to sleep beside him.

nothing like danger to bring two people closer, huh?

update!!!

#62 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

oh my god YAY!! He kissed her! and then he was
so worried he'd ruined their friendship
That was soooooo sweet. I can't even be
mad at him for running away and not keep
on kissing her. Kisses. I'm glad you think so. He really was worried. And a little pissed off.

And the end was soo scary. Someone inside
Dave's house- How did he get in?!
Ashley must have been soo scared, especially
to dig a pencil into him. That must have taken
a lot of strength. Yeah. She was. And it's dangerous for her to be that scared since her asthma can take over anytime.

still the one good thing that came from all this-
she gets to sleep with David!!!! ;) =D
LOOLLLLZZZ. Right. The good thing. If I was Ashley, I'd have said 'anytime' for the attack if that meant sleeping near David ;)
Love it, update!
THANK YOU. Will do. Tomorrow or later today.

....................................................................UM i'm speechless![ :D :D :D] THEY KISSED!!!! Right! (I hope there's more of that!) I know, but I won't tell ;). O my, some one tried to attack!!!! Right. But not just to attack, but to kill.

Loved it,
Clara
Thank you, Clara.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

They KISSED Yes, yes.

Go David Go David LOL, Anshi.

*fireworks everywhere*

So someone tried to kill her ? Right.

I dunno why I have a odd feeling that is someone very close to her
hehe, I won't tell anything.
AWW shaheenie It was FUN talking to you LMAO
I still can't find the ring :/
Awww, poor you. Where could you have put it? Are you gonna be in trouble for it?

awwwwwwww :D

and then again...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*Join in with the 'awwwwwwwwww'*

two 'cause they kissed AND she's going to sleep beside him. *wink wink*

nothing like danger to bring two people closer, huh?
*cough* right.........

update!!! Soonish, Riv.

#63 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

STUPID DAVID!!!! WHY DID HE HAVE TO LEAVE HER!!!! :(

Hmm, maybe they should go to a secret hideout place and makeout all the time :D

Isn't that a great idea, Shaheenie? You think about that loool.

UPDATE SOOON.

Bee

#64 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

STUPID DAVID!!!! WHY DID HE HAVE TO LEAVE HER!!!! :(

Hmm, maybe they should go to a secret hideout place and makeout all the time :D

Isn't that a great idea, Shaheenie? You think about that loool.

UPDATE SOOON.

Bee

Because he's reasonable. ;) You wish he was not though, huh? ;)
Ahhhh....now that's interesting. I mean, really! But I'm thinking of real life session ;) ;) Not on Microsoft Word. LOL.

Okey.

#65 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Chapter Nine

“Why are you avoiding me?” Ashley interrogated two days after the incident.

“I’m not.”

“Sure you are.” Ashley persisted. “Whenever I’m in your room, you swing your tail and walk out.”

“Well, I’m just trying to not to bother you when you work.” David defended. But somehow, Ashley was not really convinced.

“I think you’re just beating yourself with guilt.”

“I’m not beating myself with guilt for kissing you, alright.”

“Alright.” Ashley gave a wry smile. “But I was referring to that attack.” Throwing his book on the couch, David strolled in his room. Obviously, the dude seemed angry. But Ashley was not going to give in so easily. She was not going to let him screw their friendship over a minor kiss…or a major kiss it was? Whatever it was, that kiss sure knocked her socks off! But she was just not ready to admit that to herself. Yet.

Ashley strolled behind him to his room and glared, “David, talk to me!”

“Oh, Look Ashley, the sun is shining.” David said sarcastically.

“I didn’t want to talk about the weather.” Furious now, Ashley said, “We’ll score this right now!” It was meant to be a minor kiss. So that David stopped thinking that he was the only guilty party here. How the kissed turned out to be a major one was beyond her. All she knew was that once her lips had touched David’s, everything went out of control. Her legs had curled around his waist as he carried her to his bed and pressing her to his body. His hands seemed to be everywhere, on her spine, her thigh,…

Her vision blurred, Ashley unbuttoned David’s pants as he kissed her. “Ash.” David muttered as he looked her in the eye. It was the moment to put a stop to this. The only moment. If he didn’t stop now…David groaned, and pressed his nose in Ashley’s throat to control himself.

“Okay, okay. We’ve put a stop to this. No panicking.” Ashley tried hard to breath. It was like there was not enough air around her. Or was it her lungs which were blocked? With one last controlled breath, David rolled off her and lay on the bed beside Ashley.

“Well, you scored it.” David said, breathing as if he just ran for a marathon. “I kissed you, you kissed me.”

“Yep. No guilty feeling now.” Ashley tried to laugh.

“Right.” David agreed. “We should concentrate more on that ba$tard who tried to kill you.”

“When are we going to meet William?” Ashley asked. William was the one who was responsible for her parent’s case.

“He’s landing tomorrow. I’ll try to contact him then.” Turning his head towards her, he asked, “Ash? Don’t you have an idea why someone would want to kill your parents? Or you?”

“I don’t know.” Her mind went back ten years ago to look for some clue, but she found none. “He was the senator. Maybe someone killed him because he found something important?” And then her mind clicked. “Dave?” She almost jumped out of the bed, “Uncle Jed talked to me about a safe key before. A key that my Dad used to keep around his neck! Couldn’t you smuggle it out of the department? It must have been on him during…the accident.”

“There was no key, Ashley.”

“Oh.” Disappointment was ringing in her voice.

“I’ll give...Jed,” He said the name Jed with the most venom he could muster. “a call.”

“Oh, c’mon Dave! He was nice to me.” Ashley punched him lightly on his arm. “And, urm, perhaps you should button your jean now.” The way his quick fingers worked over the button was simply erotic, and she instantly regretted asking him to button it. Darn!

The next few days they avoided each other like cat and mouse. David even went and got Ashley a wireless connection so as to avoid what had happened the last time Ashley was lounging on his bed with a short. Who knows, next time it could have been miniskirts.

“Dave, a call for you.” Ashley screamed from the living from.

“Hughes.” David said in the receiver. “Hey Dad” He added with a smile, nodding at whatever his dad was saying though Mr. Hughes couldn’t see him nodding. “No Dad. Can’t this time.” He shook his head. “I know, I know. Just a bit tied up.” He listened for a few seconds, his eyebrows drawing together in concentration. “OK.. Ok, I’ll come. No need to drag Mom into this….I said I’ll come alright….And I’ll be bringing someone with me…..No, no. You don’t know her. And who said it’s a ‘her’ anyway….Yeah, yeah. Bye Dad. Say hi to Mom.”

“Nice family conversation.” Ashley smiled, leaning against a wall.

“Yeah. And why were you listening to our conversation anyway??” David said irritably.

“So, what’s up?”

“Hmm…Golf.”

“Golf???”

“Yeah. Golf. G. O. L. F.”

“I’m not in kindergarten.”

“I’m supposed to go and play golf with Dad on the last weekend of each month. Mom’s strategy to get son and father closer.”

“You didn’t want to go?”

“Didn’t want to leave you alone.”

“Well, I’m not an invalid.”

“You are coming.”

“Well, you are going to have to buy me some appropriate clothes!” Ashley said angrily. “Seeing that you made me stop working, it’s you who is going to pay for it.”

“Seeing that there’s a murderer hot on your tail,-”

“Yeah, yeah. I should be forever grateful and kiss you.”

“Do it.”

“My arse!”

#66 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

It's getting steamy up in here! lol The last couple lines made me laugh!!! AMAZING UPDATE!! GOLF...OH NO!

Clara

#67 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

*gulp*

just be safe you two :P

anyways Did I notice a pause before he said Jed? *wiggles eyebrows*

I am soo much more intrested in him now

UPDATE ASAP SHAHEENIE

#68 Kayleighh(:

Kayleighh(:

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

*New Reader*
This is a great story, i like it alot!
Update soon. :)

-Kayleigh.

#69 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

It's getting steamy up in here! lol The last couple lines made me laugh!!! AMAZING UPDATE!! GOLF...OH NO!

Clara

Right. lol. I'm glad it did. Thanks!!
Oh, I hate golf too. Nearly bashed my colleague face when our debates on golf heated up a few days ago.

*gulp*

just be safe you two :P

anyways Did I notice a pause before he said Jed? *wiggles eyebrows*

I am soo much more intrested in him now

UPDATE ASAP SHAHEENIE

*Gulp*
Maybe I should have post warnings for innocent eyes like yours?
Right, you did. He doesn't like him.

LOL.

Will do.
Hopefully tomorrow.

*New Reader*
This is a great story, i like it alot!
Update soon. :)

-Kayleigh.

hey, Kayleigh. Interesting name.
Welcome on this story!!
I'm REALLY glad you do.
Don't worry. Will update soon. If I'm in an Okay mood. :D

#70 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

His parents are going to recognize her, aren't they? and then they're going to act like she's his girlfriend (or should be!) :D Can't wait!

“Whenever I’m in your room, you swing your tail and walk out.”

L.O.L

And I loved how she evened out the score although I don't think it went as well as planned...

oh and he so totally wanted her to kiss him again...I mean 'do it' says it all!

Update soon!

PS- Ash, make him buy you the most expensive things in the shop!!

Edited by Allthingsstellar, 22 February 2011 - 08:19 PM.

#71 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Okayyy, so I'm back again on the right time when four amazing, awesome and HOT updates were waiting for me!!! :hyper:

I enjoyed and loved every bit of them!!!!!!! First of all, they kissed!!!!! Eeeeeepp!! And it was even more than kissing which surely leads us to an expectant path...hehe :icon_lol:

But I do hope secretively that he doesn't get her a wireless :badgrin: Ohh, I :heartbeat: David!!!!!!

Though the part where she was shot I nearly cried out with surprise!! I can't wait to find out who is the Bastard trying to kill her? I smell a fresh intimidating mystery here!

Update soon...though I can't promise that I'll read it on time but I do promise you that I'll obviously read it whenever time gives me the consent to... :icon_geek:

Loving every bit of this hot and brilliant story!!

Love, Zoe ^_^

PS: I was in a book shop the other day and there I saw this novel 'Rage of Angels' and suddenly I thought of you (you recommended it to me a long time ago) and so I said to myself that if Shaheen loves it then I would too and so I bought it....and now I'm biggest Sidney Sheldon fan! It was such a nail-biting, breathless read!! But I'm not satisfied with the ending!! It left me kind of depressed. Why doesn't freaking Adam leave his freaking wife and come to Jennifer????? Why did Joshua (awww, I loved him!) die???? Why didn't Jennifer got a chance to tell Michael that she did love him and wasn't conspiring with Adam against him??? WHY????????

Anyways, I would love if you recommended me another one of your favorite books! :D

#72 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

His parents are going to recognize her, aren't they? and then they're going to act like she's his girlfriend (or should be!) :D Can't wait!

Lol. It''ll be in the next update. I'm posting it. Read. You'll know. :icon_study:

L.O.L

And I loved how she evened out the score although I don't think it went as well as planned...
hehe ;) That's for sure. No regrets though, huh.
oh and he so totally wanted her to kiss him again...I mean 'do it' says it all!
Yeah, he was quite obvious about it.
Update soon!
Right away, Riv! :)

PS- Ash, make him buy you the most expensive things in the shop!!
Ashley: 'course! Gotta cleared out his account.

Okayyy, so I'm back again on the right time when four amazing, awesome and HOT updates were waiting for me!!! :hyper:
Zoeeee!!!!!!!! You must have been happy, huh? :) Missed you, you know!

I enjoyed and loved every bit of them!!!!!!! First of all, they kissed!!!!! Eeeeeepp!! And it was even more than kissing which surely leads us to an expectant path...hehe :icon_lol:
Thanks!!! Yup! They did :D :D! *cough* Um, sure.

But I do hope secretively that he doesn't get her a wireless :badgrin: Ohh, I :heartbeat: David!!!!!!
LOL, Ashley too. ;) And David too....secretively......

Though the part where she was shot I nearly cried out with surprise!! I can't wait to find out who is the Bastard trying to kill her? I smell a fresh intimidating mystery here!
Lol, I understand. When I wrote that I didn't mean to write that, it just came. As always. And I was pretty shocked that I wrote that too. Glad you think that. Though, while re-reading I noticed that the story is more focused on Ashley and David's relationship.

Update soon...though I can't promise that I'll read it on time but I do promise you that I'll obviously read it whenever time gives me the consent to... :icon_geek:
Doing right away. You don't worry. Gotta concentrate on exams and all.

Loving every bit of this hot and brilliant story!!

Love, Zoe ^_^

THANKS AGAIN!!
Love you TOO. KISSES.

PS: I was in a book shop the other day and there I saw this novel 'Rage of Angels' and suddenly I thought of you (you recommended it to me a long time ago) and so I said to myself that if Shaheen loves it then I would too and so I bought it....and now I'm biggest Sidney Sheldon fan! It was such a nail-biting, breathless read!! But I'm not satisfied with the ending!! It left me kind of depressed. Why doesn't freaking Adam leave his freaking wife and come to Jennifer????? Why did Joshua (awww, I loved him!) die???? Why didn't Jennifer got a chance to tell Michael that she did love him and wasn't conspiring with Adam against him??? WHY????????

Anyways, I would love if you recommended me another one of your favorite books! :D

OMYGOD!!! I Seriously Love This Book. It's my favorite. Though I really was depressed at the end. Especially when Micheal died. :icon_mecry2: Read that book in 24h! Adam should have left his b!tch wife though. And Micheal? He really cared! I was really frustrated.
I gotta read this again. Yes. That's what I'll do.
You read other Sidney Sheldon's books??
I love reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series, but I'm not sure if you'll like it.

#73 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

Chapter Ten

One thing Ashley wouldn’t understand. What kind of satisfaction do men get while pushing a mini ball into a hole? It’s a mystery. It’s not even a sport. Well, according to Ashley anyway. Nobody will prove their manhood through that.

David did prove his manhood by enrolling in the army, a small voice whispered in Ashley’s ear.

“Earth to Ashley.” David snapped his fingers in front of Ashley’s eyes.

“I’m bored.” Ashley complained.

Well, I’m not, thought David. Not when Ashley was walking around in that white short, looking delicious enough to eat. David slapped Ashley’s butt with a mocking grin and went to push his ball in the hole.

David was half scared that his Dad would have made a connection between this Ashley and the kid he knew. Guess the old man was getting blind though.

After half an hour of pushing balls, David walked behind Ashley and dragged her to his chest by the waist.

“Still bored.” He whispered in her ear.

“I’m getting used to it.”

“Hmm. My Mom just called. Invited us to dinner.” He said, rolling her in his arm, face to face.

“Knowing your chauvinist attitude, you’ll just drag me at your Mom’s rather than letting me go to the apartment.”

“You know me so well.” He smiles. A devilish smile that promised the very thing Ashley said. “Now, how about that kiss you owe me?”

“As I said earlier, my arse!”

What was wrong with him?? One minute he was struggling not to kiss her and the next he was demanding his owed kiss?!! And Ashley was having a hard time resisting. Super hard.

“Ashley! I’m very happy to meet you.” Mrs. Hughes kissed Ashley in a pretentious high class way, barely touching her cheeks.

“Same, Mrs. Hughes.”

“I have to say, our David here doesn’t really brings his girls to visit us.”

“Oh, no! No…we’re not in a relationship.” Ashley denied. And trying hard to make the denial polish and true. “We’re just friends.” Ashley tried to laugh, which came out just fake. Shut up, Ashley!

“Hmmm….you looks oddly familiar.”

“Doesn’t she?” David came to her rescue. “I thought so too first time I met.”

“Okay.” Mrs. Hughes nods. “I’ll set the table.”

“You didn’t need to deny the fact that we aren’t together so hard you know.” David murmured.

“Why that?” Ashley asked. In answer, he just shrugged and walked to the dining room.

“Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Hughes! That was fabulous food.”

“I wasn’t given a choice.”

Wow. And Ashley who thought that rich people were polite to the core!

“Mom…” David warned.

“What? You did force me!”

“Ashley!” Mr. Hughes smiled cheerfully to break the uncomfortable atmosphere. “Come and I’ll show you my stamp collection.”

Who want to see a stamp collection??

“Ash doesn’t want to see your collection Dad!”

“Oh c’mon Dave!” Ashley glared at the impolite David. “Lead the way, Mr. Hughes.”

“Here, a charming lady.” Mr. Hughes smiled. “Fine taste, son.”

Ashley looked around the immense and imposing house as she walked with Mr. Hughes. “Here look at this.” Mr. Hughes opened his collection for Ashley to see.

“Rare collection.” Ashley said, without any idea if it was rare or not.

“Damn right it is!”

A room full of antiques. They must be quite rich. Ashley nearly whistled, but her eye caught something. Something vaguely familiar. Her mind flashed back to the days when her parents were alive. It was an image on her Dad taking a key out of his neck before jumping in the pool, a key on which was written the number twenty three. Same as the key that was in front of Ashley. Right now!

Suddenly, she couldn’t breathe.

“Ashley? What’s wrong?” David asked worriedly.

“Inhaler…” She managed. “My inhalerrr…”

Quickly, David threw the content of her bag on the table and looked for Ashley’s inhaler with shaky hands. “Here.” David pushed the inhaler in her mouth and pressed the button. “Relax. Just breathe.”

Ashley squeezed her nose and tried to get her breathe under control. She hated this feeling. Helplessness. Your lungs closing on its own. Your mind clogged. Gently, David rubbed his hand on her back, reassuring her. “It’s okay now, babe. Everything is alright.”

“Yeah. Thanks. I think I need to go now.”

“Okay.” David squeezed her hard in his arms before saying, “Dad…”

“Sure son. Sure. You just go and take care of your girl.”

#74 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

THEY KISSED! :D AND DAVID WANTS TO KISS HER AGAIN. AHA! :)

You know, David reminds me of Special Agent Seeley Booth. If only Booth would kiss Brennen, right? :(

Anyway, GREAT update!!

Bee

#75 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:16 AM

YOUR GIRL.

YOUR GIRL YOUR GIRL YOUR GIRL

YOUR GIRL!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I'm not totally mad.

PPS. I know why (mostly) all women hate golf. 'Cause its fullform is Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden

#76 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

hey I can't beleive i didn't notice you had updated
anyway I loved it- David is so caring and they should
both admit that the kiss was not a mistake and they
soo obviously really want eachother!

update soon! I can't wait for the next chapter!!!

#77 Kayleighh(:

Kayleighh(:

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

Amazing. :)

#78 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

Awwwww. YOU UPDATED!

And it was such a sweet update!! David is sooo awesome, loving and caring for her like that! :heartbeat: And he wants to kiss her too! So I would just like to recommend David to do it already and admit that they both are in love with each other! Then they should go catch the murderer!! :a_smil08:

AWESOME UPDATE SHAHEEN, and not that I'm complaining but....it was short *shrugs helplessly* So yes, I'm again recommending YOU to post two updates together! :icon_lol:

Lots of Love and Kisses,

Zoe :icon_geek:

P.S. I hate Golf too Posted Image But David made even that sport seem...hot :hyper:

#79 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:49 AM

your girl
YOUR GIRL
YOUR GIRL
YOUR GIRL
YOUR GIRL

These two are soo cute together. I just wanna go "awwwww" but consiering they are grown adults I'll replace it with a "sigh"

Update soon
-Liberty/Anshi

#80 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

THEY KISSED! :D AND DAVID WANTS TO KISS HER AGAIN. AHA! :) TOTALLY, right!

You know, David reminds me of Special Agent Seeley Booth. If only Booth would kiss Brennen, right? :(
Awww!! BOOTH. LOVE him!! But yeah, Dave is a bit like him...but younger. :P

Anyway, GREAT update!!
THANK YOU BEE ( :mgbumblebee: )
Bee

YOUR GIRL.

YOUR GIRL YOUR GIRL YOUR GIRL

YOUR GIRL!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I'm not totally mad.
Now, why am I doubting that...??!!

PPS. I know why (mostly) all women hate golf. 'Cause its fullform is Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden
Hey! I can now tell that to my colleague when we argue about golf...and we do a lot of arguing about golf.

hey I can't beleive i didn't notice you had updated
anyway I loved it- David is so caring and they should
both admit that the kiss was not a mistake and they
soo obviously really want eachother!

LOL. Yeah. They should. Except that they both are worried if the kisses would ruin their relationship as friends.
Yup. They do want each other.

update soon! I can't wait for the next chapter!!!
[ :D :D :D ]

Amazing. :)
Thank you!!! :spinstar:

Awwwww. YOU UPDATED!
Yessss.

And it was such a sweet update!! David is sooo awesome, loving and caring for her like that! :heartbeat: And he wants to kiss her too! So I would just like to recommend David to do it already and admit that they both are in love with each other! Then they should go catch the murderer!! :a_smil08:

Loving and caring was what I had in mind when I created his character. Yes, he does. LOL. Seems that you already have the plot written out.

AWESOME UPDATE SHAHEEN, and not that I'm complaining but....it was short *shrugs helplessly* So yes, I'm again recommending YOU to post two updates together! :icon_lol:

*Cough* Yes. Short. Since I'm a sadist, I'll post only one update (but regular ones).
Lots of Love and Kisses,
!!!!! Same to you Zoe. Hey you know what, today I saw a girl in the bus who looks like you. Not exactly the same, but I really was shocked. :o Wanted to go and talk to her....but didn't.
Zoe :icon_geek:

P.S. I hate Golf too
*Roll eyes* I loath golf. Posted Image But David made even that sport seem...hot :hyper: LOLLZZ

your girl
YOUR GIRL
YOUR GIRL
YOUR GIRL
YOUR GIRL

These two are soo cute together. THANKS! I just wanna go "awwwww" but consiering they are grown adults I'll replace it with a "sigh"

Update soon
-Liberty/Anshi[/color][/b]
ROLF. You're getting The Rivea Syndrome.
*Join in the *sign* :love7: *

#81 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

THEY KISSED! :D AND DAVID WANTS TO KISS HER AGAIN. AHA! :) TOTALLY, right!

Awww!! BOOTH. LOVE him!! But yeah, Dave is a bit like him...but younger. :P

Anyway, GREAT update!!
THANK YOU BEE ( :mgbumblebee: )
Bee

RIGHT! SO GET THEM TO KISS AGAIN AND PRINCESS PHOEBE WILL GIVE YOU A BRAND NEW SHINY AXE!!! :D

Booth *sigh* Don't you just love him from his Angel days?

You're welcome, now update!!

Bee

#82 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

!!!!! Same to you Zoe. Hey you know what, today I saw a girl in the bus who looks like you. Not exactly the same, but I really was shocked. Wanted to go and talk to her....but didn't.

Really???? You should have talked, maybe she's my Doppelgänger! Ha! ^_^

Here's a secret: It was me, I'm in Mauritius these days stalking you!! So you should better keep those doors and windows locked because the red scarf dude is with me :badgrin: And he thinks you're very captivating and alluring :evil:

And I'll be sending him after you if you don't update soon....Yes, I know threatening ;)

Love, Zoe :icon_geek:

#83 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Really???? You should have talked, maybe she's my Doppelgänger! Ha! ^_^

Here's a secret: It was me, I'm in Mauritius these days stalking you!! So you should better keep those doors and windows locked because the red scarf dude is with me :badgrin: And he thinks you're very captivating and alluring :evil:

And I'll be sending him after you if you don't update soon....Yes, I know threatening ;)

LOL. haha. Really funny. Hon, my doors and windows are always locked. :P
And let the red-scarf dude come. You know I've been fantasizing about strangling with that red scarf!
You know, it's just that, by posting two updates, I'll feel as if this is getting over too soon.

#84 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

Chapter Eleven

Ashley didn’t utter a single word throughout the drive, and David was worried. Sick with worry. Ashley didn’t normally get her asthma attack for nothing. Usually, it was when she was shocked, or sometimes when she was worried.

David turned the locked of their apartment and entered. Their. When had it gotten from his apartment to theirs? Somehow, he couldn’t fathom himself in this place without Ashley. David rubbed his face with worry. God, what was happening to him?

“You need something you ask me, okay?” David said in Ashley’s room.

“Sure.” She gave him a tight lipped smile, willing him go. Yeah, he got the signal alright. He just didn’t like it.

“What happened there, Ashley?” David asked a hint of anger in his voice.

“Asthma.”

“I was there. I know. What I want to know is what caused it?”

“Don’t want to talk about it.”

“Sorry, babe. But I’m not going from here without you telling me.” David warned. “Ashley…” He started with a menacing voice when she refused to answer.

“I saw it there.” She said quietly. “I saw the key there David. That my Dad had around his neck. It was at your Dad’s place.” She started to weep now. “I’m sorry.”

“No.” David shook his head. “You just saw a key. It could have been any key…”

“Dave!” Ashley cried. “It was it. Number twenty three. Celtic design. I remember the key now.”

“Okay, okay.” David rubbed his face again. “We’ll think about this rationally. Tomorrow. You need to sleep now. Just don’t cry okay. You’re already breathless.” He said and handed her the inhaler. He kissed her goodnight on her wet cheek before retreating in this room.

For a sleepless night.

The next morning, David’s mood was off. And he was cranky, itching for a good fight. Not even good coffee could humor him. Though he had taken a sabbatical, he went off to the office early and mules over old unresolved files.

“What. Are. You. Doing. Here? Olivia, his secretary, asked.

“None of your damn business, Liv.”

“Ooo…Mister is cranky.” Olivia mocked.

“Why don’t you leave me be and jump my Dad’s old bones like you usually do?”

“Oh, you a**h**!!” Olivia screamed and David received the Monday morning paper on his face. Got hit by it to be precise. But at least, something good happened this morning. He didn’t need to buy the morning paper today. Not that he wanted to read other people’s crap when he had enough crap of his own.

He needed to apologize to Olivia, he brain- noted. Later. Much later.

Ashley was fuming. First he left the breakfast she prepared untouched and now Ashley didn’t know where he disappeared to. Not that she gave a damn. It was just that there was a psychopath hot on her tail.

A**h**.

David returned to his apartment with the same foul mood with which he left early this morning…which quickly evaporated as she saw Ashley on the floor, unconscious.

David walked in the hospital corridor like a deadly predator, ready to strike. All they told him was that Ashley went through an asthma attack. How is that possible? She was healthy as a horse when he left this morning.

“Can I talk to her, now? David asked as the doctor exited Ashley’s room. “FBI.” He flipped his badge at him.

“Okay, okay.” The doctor grunted. “Don’t know what the FBI wants in an asthmatic girl though. Lots of gangster on street.”

David pushed the door, hesitant to face Ashley. If he was there, if he hadn’t gone at the office, Ashley wouldn’t have been here. “Ash?”

“Hey. Dave.”

“Ash, I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you. I’m really sorry.” He picked her hand and kissed her gently on her knuckle.

“I knew you’d have said that.” Ashley smiled. “I’m an asthmatic. It wasn’t your fault.”

“Your inhaler wasn’t with you? I talked to you about it. Always keep it close. Ashley…”

“Dave! I’m okay. And I did have my inhaler with me. It wasn’t working.”

“What do you mean?”

“Dave, somebody tampered with it.”

Okay, I just gathered that this is really short, so, BONUS update! Alright, sombody threatened me. There's a gun just beside my temple :P LOL

Chapter Twelve

Somebody tried to kill Ashley. Somebody got into her room, probably near her bed and tampered her inhaler. If Ashley hadn’t survived this, maybe nobody would have discovered the truth. David couldn’t get this out of this mind.

“We’ll talk about this key.” David walked into the hospital room with a determined stride. He had to solve this mystery. For Ashley. For him.

‘Dave…you don’t want to talk about it.”

“Oh, but I do.” David said, determined. “We’ll get this out now, Ashley. It’s my work to catch criminals. Whether they are my own family. I’ve been trained for this.”

“But…but if it happened that it’s your Dad who did this…Dave, things will never be the same between us. You’ll hate me. I don’t want that.”

“I’ll never hate you, Ashley.”

“But, deep down, you’ll know it’s because of me, because I’ve returned in your life.”

“Get this clear, Ashley.” David walked around the bed and sat next to her. “Never, never will I regret that you came back, okay? And I don’t want you to feel the same.” He traced her cheek with his thumb.

“Okay.” Ashley nodded. “But not now. Not today.”

“Okay. I’ll go and sign the papers. You can come home today.”

Ashley didn’t miss the word that David employed. Home. That’s what Ashley felt too. It was her place. With David. Near him. And she was scared of the feeling that was emerging though her. A tightness in her heart and in her belly.

They were friends.

Ashley was glad to be back home. And there was no tube connecting to her nose. But David was in her mind. She could not stop thinking about him. Filling her glass with iced water, she drank it all in one gulp and then filled it again.

Nothing was working. After looming from the kitchen, she walked to David’s room and pushed his door.

“Can’t you knock??” David asked his fingers roaming on his laptop.

“I want to have sex with you.” Here. It was out. She felt much better now. But David wasn’t. He looked petrified. Laughable. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t make lovemaking his hobby. Ashley had read quite a lot of ‘gossips’ about the son of the senator. So, why looked shocked?

“Excuse me?” He asked after his slow functioning and nearly dead brain cells processed this information.

“Sex. S.E.X. You, know.”

“You don’t need to spell it.” David retorted.

“So??” Ashley asked, a bit annoyed now. She was offering him sex! And he, he looked as if Ashley just asked him to jump a bridge.

“So, what?”

“Will you have sex with me or not?” Ashley asked, and David took out his glasses and just looked at her. “I have to warn you though, I’m a virgin.”

“Oh, my god!” David rubbed his eyes. “More reasons to say no.” What was she playing at?! “Virgin? You’re a virgin? You’re twenty one!”

“Look, it wasn’t because I didn’t found someone willing, okay. Though, I am having some difficulty now.” Ashley was deeply offended. “And what do you mean by no? We both want each other. We can’t deny that. So, why not?”

“Because I do not want to lose you, Ashley.” David said firmly. “You mean too much to me for that.”

“We’ll end up doing it anyway.” Ashley stated.

“You can’t know that.”

“David…”

“Okay, probably. But, Ash…” David started, and just shrugged. “I don’t know. I don’t know!”

“That’s a no?”

“That’s a no.”

“Is it because I’m a…virgin?”

“What…??” David was having for problems to think coherently. “No! No, it’s not that. Well, I think anyway.”

“You’re not sure then?”

“Ashley!”

“Okay, I get it. I’ll just go.”

Damn it, David pounded his fist on the mattress.

#85 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

I'm happy!!!! Oh my that last bit!! Loved it but grr he said no! I liked the bonus update. Just thought I should let ya know

Clara

#86 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

I'm happy!!!! Oh my that last bit!! Loved it but grr he said no! I liked the bonus update. Just thought I should let ya know

Clara

agreed! update moree!

-Nikki

#87 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! YOU UPDATED!!!!! Along with a bonus update!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!! And the bonus update was TOTALLY worth it!!!!!

Which brings me to my next query...HOW COULD HE JUST SAY NO TO HER LIKE THAT????!!! HOW?? ARGHHH, I'm annoyed!! He should've said yes and then they should've had steamy sex and then they'd be satisfied and then finally they'll catch the killer--who by the way tampered her inhaler (sneaky bastard!) :angry:

And what's the mystery about that Key she saw at his dad's place??? Mystery. Mystery. :D

I appreciate it soooo much that you posted two updates!! I can't even tell how happy you made me, though he refused Ashley's generous offer. Argh. Well, as she said 'They'll end up doing it anyway' ^_^

P.S. I'm kind of happy that David said no....I mean, it just shows what a gentleman he is, which is adorable :heartbeat:

P.P.S. UPDATE MAPLE LOVE!!! I'm eagerly awaiting my Tyler-dose!! :hyper:

#88 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:38 AM

Clara

I'm super glad you are! LOL, yes...he said no. Glad you did ;)

agreed! update moree!

-Nikki

Thanks Nikki. Will do so soon. :spinstar:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! YOU UPDATED!!!!! Along with a bonus update!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!! And the bonus update was TOTALLY worth it!!!!!

Which brings me to my next query...HOW COULD HE JUST SAY NO TO HER LIKE THAT????!!! HOW?? ARGHHH, I'm annoyed!! He should've said yes and then they should've had steamy sex and then they'd be satisfied and then finally they'll catch the killer--who by the way tampered her inhaler (sneaky bastard!) :angry:

And what's the mystery about that Key she saw at his dad's place??? Mystery. Mystery. :D

I appreciate it soooo much that you posted two updates!! I can't even tell how happy you made me, though he refused Ashley's generous offer. Argh. Well, as she said 'They'll end up doing it anyway' ^_^

P.S. I'm kind of happy that David said no....I mean, it just shows what a gentleman he is, which is adorable :heartbeat:

P.P.S. UPDATE MAPLE LOVE!!! I'm eagerly awaiting my Tyler-dose!! :hyper:

Haha! Well, you did threatened me, right?!
*cough* He was panicked. Ah, the famous plot line.
There will be more about the key later.
Ya, well....as Ashley said, they'll end up doing it anyway ;) ;)
Yeah. He's a gentleman. A bit of a chauvinist though. I noticed that while re-reading ;)

*cough* I'm still writing the update for Maple Love. Probably will post it later today. Or tomorrow after work.

#89 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

YAY Bonus Update!!!

I can't believe someone tried to kill Ashley :o
it was soo luck that David came in when he did!
I'm glad they're both starting to call it their home :)

Also, I thought guys like it when girls are up front!
That must have taken a lot of courage for Ashley to say it aloud.
And she's right - they will end up doing it anyway ;)

still I can't be angry at David for saying no- he just
doesn't want to ruin their friendship, especially since they
missed out on soo many years.

Update Soon! Can't wait for more x

#90 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:24 AM

Chapter 11 –
I can’t believe it! Someone tampered with her fertilizer?

And does her seeing that key around his dad’s neck mean his dad’s involved? God…I hope not…although David’s relationship with his Dad doesn’t seem to be too close…

Chapter 12 –

Oh my God. I wanted to quote the entire second half of this chapter because it was so funny! I especially laughed so much when she spelled it out! :icon_lol: And I’m glad David refused her. It should be an ‘offer’ haha :D

Though Ash is probably write when she says they’ll do it anyway…
*cough*
When will that day come, huh, Shaheenie?
*cough*
*innocently* how many chapters away is it by the way?

Update real soon so that we can reach that chapter...

Edited by Allthingsstellar, 28 February 2011 - 03:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users