• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

I know. I already have a story, so why I am posting this? The thing is, I'm being forced to post this. Blackmailed. I wrote this story quite a long ago, and I've been editing it recently and showed this to my friend who thinks it's good and forced me to post this. It's not my usual style...so beware. It's quite slow at the start. But It will pick up. Promise.

This story is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters and incidents portrayed in are the work of my imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.

Genre: Thriller, with pieces of romance and comedy

Forget Me Not

A story of conspiracy, love and seduction.

Prologue:

Name of newspaper: Washington Gazette
Date: 12th October 1999

The tragic death of Senator William Davis and his wife

Was it a well-planned murder…or was it just a tragic accident like the Federals say? Whatever it was, it shocked the general population of the United States. According to reports, the senator and his wife, Elizabeth, a young and cheerful lady, were hit by a car this very morning and within two hours, much to our grief, they passed away.

As we all know, this is the second tragedy that hit the Davis family. Two weeks before, their only daughter, Ashley Davis, 10 years old, disappeared without a trace…..

After reading the newspaper cutout, Ashley neatly folded the paper and put it in a black wooden box.
And the last thought that occurred to her before sleeping was revenge.

Name: Ashley Davis
Current name: Ashley Riley
Eye: Grey
Hair: Black
Height: 5’5

Taking her backpack on the floor, Ashley tiptoed through the door and then entered the elevator. Jeez, escaping from her own apartment at 11 p.m. is surely fun. She just wished that she would be able to leave without anyone identifying her first. Her ‘Dad’, Jed Riley, will have a stroke if he knew that she was going to Washington, alone. But she did left a note and his pills on the bedside table for him to find when he wake up.

For days now, she has been trying to contact FBI agent, David Hughes, but with no vain. And now, she had to go to Washington to contact him. Her friend Mellissa was supposed to meet her at the airport at eleven thirty to bring her asthmatic medicine, but Ashley couldn’t find her anywhere. She just wished that she would be able to convince David that she is Ashley Davis, the Ashley Davis with whom he used to play football with, and the girl who disappeared eleven years ago.

“Ash! Your medicine!” Mellissa yelled and ran toward her.

“What kept you so long? I thought you wouldn’t come”

“It’s the fr*aking pharmacist! He wouldn’t give me your inhaler. Pretended to have some problems with your prescription. And me, I had to shed crocodile tears and literally fall on his bloody feet to get your inhale device.” Mellissa said breathlessly, probably from running for several miles.

“Looking at you, it looks like it’s you who need the inhaler.” Ashley joked. “But, hey, thanks. I couldn’t go myself. Dad will probably be able to trace me out.” Ashley added.

“You still wouldn’t tell me what’s wrong, right? I worry, honey.”

“Believe me, the less people know, safer it is. Jed Lewis saved my life eleven years ago, and me, I’m probably going to blow my cover. Take care of him Mel.”

“You just go, and do whatever you have to do. Don’t worry.” Mellissa said. “And maybe you can have some kissing fun with that David guy. His lips look delectable.” Mellissa added jokingly.

“He’s an FBI agent. Not my kissing partner!” Ashley said laughingly. But the idea sounded pretty interesting.

Forget it, Ashley. Her objective was to destroy whoever killed her parents. That’s all!

#2 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

SHAHEENIE!!!
OH MY GOD !!!
A Shiny new story

It looks good . I absolutely Love thrillers . Can't wait to read more
AND I AM THE FIRST POSTER

Update soon !!

-Liberty/Anshi :icon_sunny:

#3 lena398:)

lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

i like it so far. it's good. and topic is interesting. keep writing. i want to read more. :)

#4 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

eep!
this is EPIC already.
post more stuff soon!

#5 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:27 AM

aaahhhh! A THRILLER FROM SHAHEEN!!! !!!!

Love it! I always love revenge stories haha :)

And David already sounds awesome :DD Because he used to play football with her!!! :D

Rivea :icon_flower:

#6 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:43 AM

Ooooo...readers!! And I'm getting an I-don't-you-so reaction from my friend who wanted me to post this.

SHAHEENIE!!!
OH MY GOD !!!
A Shiny new story

It looks good . I absolutely Love thrillers . Can't wait to read more
AND I AM THE FIRST POSTER

Update soon !!

Liberty!! My first reader!!!
I'm sooo glad you do!!
Thank you!!
I'll update real soon. Tomorrow perhaps.

i like it so far. it's good. and topic is interesting. keep writing. i want to read more. :)

Thank you soooo much. I'm really glad you think it's interesting.
Will do xD

eep!
this is EPIC already.
post more stuff soon!

:D :D :D :D
Thank You :spinstar:
Posting tomorrow....I think.

aaahhhh! A THRILLER FROM SHAHEEN!!! !!!!

Love it! I always love revenge stories haha :)

And David already sounds awesome :DD Because he used to play football with her!!! :D

Rivea darling...yes, a thriller. I think it's the 2nd story I wrote, but never really posted. You love revenge stories, huh? I hope you're not the vindictive type :P The story will be more or less based on David and Ashley's relationship too...

Thank you soo much.

#7 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

I risk being fired by commenting on this story but I don't care because I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

David sounds hoooooot :heartbeat: And you only said a few sentences about him!

UPDATE SOOOON :)

Bee

#8 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:03 AM

I risk being fired by commenting on this story but I don't care because I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

David sounds hoooooot :heartbeat: And you only said a few sentences about him!

UPDATE SOOOON :)

Bee

Woah. Don't take risk like that. And even if you get fired....Alex aka, your brother-like, will make you get your job back again...probably with a raise. :P
No, seriously, me I just read during work, with an excel sheet minimize, and when the boss came, I restore it. :D

Will update!!
I'm SO glad you like it.

#9 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:06 AM

Chapter One

“Dave, there’s a young pretty lady here who wants to meet you. She’s been coming for one week now.” David Hughes secretary said, without even bothering to knock the door.

Olivia was a young woman of about thirty years old. She was more likes an evil big sister than his secretary. David doesn’t understand what he was doing in a hellhole like that, that is, in the FBI. Being the son of the super rich senator, he could have had more fun! But, no, his Dad had to drag him in here. No privilege for the senator’s son. He would much rather go snowboarding somewhere and at the end of the day end up in a pretty brunette’s arm.

“Looks like pretty ladies always want to meet me!” David said, grinning like a teenager. Even though he was member of the FBI, he still had the teenage boyish looks on him which made him popular with the XX chromosome, whatever the age! Just one easy smile from him and the females become puppets in his hand! And it is indeed his smile that makes his job as FBI easy.

“You overestimate yourself young man!” Olivia said rolling her pretty blue eyes as if bored. It is the same pretty blue eyes that the senator, David’s Dad, had falls for. And now they were having a hot torrid affair without anyone knowing. But David did know! He pretended to be an imbecile, but he was not! “Send her in!” David said. “I might get laid tonight.” He added just to irritate Olivia.

Ashley was getting impatient in the lobby. She has been coming here for one week now and every time she came they looked at her in this boring way and asked if she had an appointment. David was her last chance and if she had to come here for the rest of her life she will. She can’t even wait for David in the parking lot due to the massive security.

“Miss?” Someone called from behind her, making her turned her head. “Mr. Hughes is ready to meet you.”

“About time!” Ashley muttered under her breath.

“This way Miss.” The women directed her in another room which looks like a lobby. What? She has to wait again? Looks like Mr. Hughes is a pretty busy man.

Five minutes later a woman came and said, “G’afternoon Miss Riley. Dave is ready to meet you. I’m Olivia.” She said with an artificial smile. Dave? Olivia thought. It’s her who used to call him like that!

“Afternoon to you too!” Ashley said and followed Olivia into an office marked “Mr. David Hughes” on the door. Without knocking, Olivia opened the door and signaled Ashley to enter. Jeez, she had never felt more awkward in her life. What the hell was she going to say to David anyway? Hey Dave? Look at me! I’m Ashley!

Like hell!

“Umm, G’afternoon.” Ashley said hesitantly. My God! That guy is sure is sexy. Just look at these green eyes! Pure sin!
“Urr, a high school girl? I wasn’t really expecting that.” David said a devilish smile on his face.

“Hey! That’s not nice! I’m not a high school girl. I’m in my last year of college. Studying Biochemistry!” Ashley said, obviously offended that David called her a high school girl.

“Okay kiddo! No need to get frustrated.”

“Hello? Who do you think you are?” Ashley said.

“Matt Damon, honey!” David said. “Okay, kiddo. Enough joking now. What is it you want?” He added, looking directly into Ashley’s eyes. And it is then that he noticed a pair of grey eyes. A pair of gray eyes which haunted him for years!

“Dave. It’s me!” Ashley said, looking directly into a set of green eyes. “I’m not Ashley Lewis. I’m Ashley Davis!”

One minute passed. For the first time in years, David, someone who always had something to say, was dumbstruck!

“Dave, say something!”

“No…It can’t be!” David said, shaking his head in denial. “I don’t believe this!”

“Please! You have to believe me. I’ll do anything to prove it to you.” Ashley said, walking toward him. “Even a friggin’ DNA test if you want!”

“Ashley’s dead.” David all but growled.

“No! I just disappeared. But never dead.”

“Oh, yeah! And you just happened to escape the friggin’ sonofab!tch who kidnapped you, right?”

“I don’t need your sarcasm now! I was in hiding! And my parents weren’t killed in an accident! They were murdered!”

Hope you guys like it. It'll pick up when things get settled between them. It's short I know. But I'll update quicker. Promise.

#10 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

ooh, I like the sound of 'gray eyes that had haunted him for years'.... Maybe he's loved her since forever? :P

Update soon; this is very, very interesting and I always have to read thrillers in one go no matter that I sit the whole night and my grandfather complains to my parents! :D

#11 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

whoa.....
hope there's a love sequence between those too! ;) or him and Olivia :D
update soon!

#12 lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

loving it. <33

-lena <3

#13 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

ooh, I like the sound of 'gray eyes that had haunted him for years'.... Maybe he's loved her since forever? :P

Update soon; this is very, very interesting and I always have to read thrillers in one go no matter that I sit the whole night and my grandfather complains to my parents! :D

Maybeeeee....though, Ashley was only 10yrs old then...and David 15. They were good friends.

Urm, you live with your grand parents? Or you're like this very big extended happy family?

Will do! :D

whoa.....
hope there's a love sequence between those too! ;) or him and Olivia :D
update soon!

There will be. Ashley and David. :spinstar:
Thank you for reading.
Will do.

loving it. <33

-lena <3

THANK YOU, LENA. :spinstar:
I love your name.

#14 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

NEW READER! Well I guess we're all new readers.... hmm anyway I love it! Ashley & David :heartbeat: lol i was wondering if we'll find out why she left/ got kidnapped ok well, UPDATE SOON (even though u just did :icon_sunny: )

Clara

#15 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

Maybeeeee....though, Ashley was only 10yrs old then...and David 15. They were good friends.

Urm, you live with your grand parents? Or you're like this very big extended happy family?

Will do! :D

There are lots of joint families in India...and I'm in one of them....there are 12 members in my family haha :D

#16 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:50 AM

my first thriller was by Agatha christie then i got hooked to Sidney sheldon ,but after reading a highly descriptive scene involving a 60 yr old man and a 16 yr old girl ...i dropped those
but I <3 nothing more than a romance/ thriller. They make me giddy ...sometimes too much xD

anywho Dave seems to be in Denial, and did he start sleeping around because his friend died
:(

UPDATE ASAP!

-Liberty/Anshi
:icon_sunny:

#17 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

NEW READER! Well I guess we're all new readers.... hmm anyway I love it! Ashley & David :heartbeat: lol i was wondering if we'll find out why she left/ got kidnapped ok well, UPDATE SOON (even though u just did :icon_sunny: )

Clara

Hola, new reader. Welcome aboard. ;)
Thank you soooo much.....You'll get to know that soon.
Updating RIGHT away.

There are lots of joint families in India...and I'm in one of them....there are 12 members in my family haha :D

TWELVE!!! WOW. That's SUPER cool. I LOVE big families ( when they tried not to get in your business too much ;) ) But if you got cool grand parents and uncle, so it's LOTS of fun.

my first thriller was by Agatha christie then i got hooked to Sidney sheldon ,but after reading a highly descriptive scene involving a 60 yr old man and a 16 yr old girl ...i dropped those
but I <3 nothing more than a romance/ thriller. They make me giddy ...sometimes too much xD

anywho Dave seems to be in Denial, and did he start sleeping around because his friend died
:(

UPDATE ASAP!

-Liberty/Anshi
:icon_sunny:

I know about Agatha Christie....and I ABSOLUTELY love Sidney Sheldon. Too bad he died and can't write more. Mmm, 60yrs, and 16ys.....I've read a lots of Sydney's but don't remember that one. Maybe it's Tell me your dreams. Not sure. Which title was it? I absolutely love his books. My FAVORITE is RAGE OF ANGELS!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know about the giddy feelings. :D :D
No, no. It's just an inborn trait. He's a guy.

#18 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

Chapter Two

David combed his hair with his fingers in frustration. This is all so ridiculous. It’s been eleven years since he last saw Ashley. Everyone thought she was dead. Hell, she was dead! After joining the FBI, he had re-read all documents available on this case, and the report was cleared on the accident. It was the fault of a drunken driver. As mundane as that. Nothing else. And police theory was that Ashley was kidnapped for ransom and has been killed after her parents’ death.

“As cute as you are, I’ll ask you get away from here.” David suggested.

“You have to give me a chance.” Ashley pleaded, “Please.”

“What do you want?” David asked, resigned. He’s seriously tired from this.

“I want you to help me. Help me find my parents killer.”

“And why would I do that?”

“Because I was your best friend, dammit!” Ashley cried. Taking a deep breath to control her, she added, “And the only one I trust on this.”

When he did not reply, she adds, “Look, I wasn’t kidnapped, okay.”

“No? Oh, so you went in the third dimension?” David mocked.

Stupid FBI.

“My parents sent me away. Because they thought I was in danger. And they were right. If not for them, I would have been killed. I was living with my uncle for the last eleven years. My mom’s brother.” Ashley explained.

“Right! And being my ‘best friend’,” David made a quote sign with his finger, “It just slipped your mind to give me a call. Or write a letter. Or I don’t know what!” David couldn’t stop himself from raising his voice.

“It wasn’t that simple.” She looked and him and said, “And besides, I’ve sent you flowers for your every birthdays. Forget me not flowers to be precise.”

“Right! Flowers. That sure as hell solves it all!” He blurted. But he was touched. If, only if, she really was Ashley.

“Look, obviously you’re not yourself right now so, I’ll just leave you be. I’ll wait for you at, um, Shannon’s bar at nine.” A bar where Ashley has been spending her time this week.

“What make you think that I’ll come?”

“You will.” And on the note, Ashley walked towards the door. She turned back and gave David a pleading look, “And lets this conversation be between us. Or I might end up just like my parents. That is; Dead.”

David paced his office like a lion in cage for hours. All this doesn’t make sense. Why would anyone kill the Davis, or Ashley? But after working in the FBI, he knew that people doesn’t need reason to kill. He typed ‘Elizabeth Davis’ on the FBI search engine and start looking up information on Ashley’s mother. He could get in serious trouble for doing this, but he didn’t care.

A series of information appears on Mrs. Davis. And it shows that she had a brother in Miami who had been on and off jail before adopting a girl who he named, Ashley, just like his niece. Strange. Normally, the authorities didn’t allow people like him to adopt.

And of course, the fact that this Ashley had grey eyes is just a coincidence. Yeah, and the fact that she has the same face too! Who are you kidding, Dave? Putting his coat on, he took the elevator and drives towards Shannon’s bar without his knowing.

Still seven thirty. He’ll just toss in a few drink and wait. For all he knows, she wouldn’t even show her pretty face. He walked in and went to sit on one of the stool near the bar. And that’s when he spotted Ashley, her head on the table. As if she’s sleeping.

“Now, now. What brings an FBI agent here?” Shannon smiled and came to take David’s order.

Hearing the word ‘FBI agent’ Ashley’s head shot up and she smiled when she saw Dave sitting at the bar, looking directly at her.

She was right.

He came.

#19 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Loved it!

Clara

#20 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

i like their conversation. she's ALL business.
post the newcoming update soon please!!!

#21 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

aww, the last couple of lines = :heartbeat: sooo much!

And the whole murder thing is really interesting - why were her parents killed? And why did they suspect that she was in danger?

Update!!

#22 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:24 AM

OH MY GOD!!! So you have a new story!!!! I'm thrilled to the highest degree!! :icon_eek:

And it's a THRILLER!!! You're writing a thriller!!!!!! Kill me right now, I'M LOVING THIS!!!! :icon_lol:

It's everything I love reading about!!! Especially murder, killer, hot guy and a twist! :heartbeat:

I'M SO MAJORLY EXCITED!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Okay, first off David is *sighs and drools* :heartbeat: and actually, I love the name David, it's like every David I've read about or seen is immensely hot, I even used David in a story of mine called 'Unknown'

The updates were epic, I loved them and I can't wait for them to start working together to catch the bad guy and for that romance to develop! ^_^

So please update this, now that it's an old story and you have everything written out already. So I'll be expecting an update soon.

LOVE AND KISSES,

Zoe :icon_geek:

#23 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Loved it!

Clara

Thank you, Clara! :D

i like their conversation. she's ALL business.
post the newcoming update soon please!!!

I'm glad you do, thanks!!!
Posting right away.

aww, the last couple of lines = :heartbeat: sooo much!

And the whole murder thing is really interesting - why were her parents killed? And why did they suspect that she was in danger?

Update!!

:icon_redface: thanks.
Questionssss.....will be answered.

OH MY GOD!!! So you have a new story!!!! I'm thrilled to the highest degree!! :icon_eek:

And it's a THRILLER!!! You're writing a thriller!!!!!! Kill me right now, I'M LOVING THIS!!!! :icon_lol:

It's everything I love reading about!!! Especially :heartbeat:

I'M SO MAJORLY EXCITED!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Okay, first off David is *sighs and drools* :heartbeat: and actually, I love the name David, it's like every David I've read about or seen is immensely hot, I even used David in a story of mine called 'Unknown'

The updates were epic, I loved them and I can't wait for them to start working together to catch the bad guy and for that romance to develop! ^_^

So please update this, now that it's an old story and you have everything written out already. So I'll be expecting an update soon.

LOVE AND KISSES,

Zoe :icon_geek:

Zoe! I thought that you disappeared on me again!!! Do I have to do this >> :aiwebs_001: to you so that you don't disappear??

Yes. A thriller. And I'm not writing a thriller. I wrote a thriller. Maybe you'll want to thank my friend who blackmailed me into posting this :icon_geek:

murder, killer, hot guy and a twist! Don't we all love this. But I'm SUPER thrilled that you said that about my story. :D :)

Yesss!!! I knowww!!!!!! I soooo love this name too. I think it's a HOTT name. Ah. Another story that I don't know. .... .... :( ..... :icon_mecry2:

They'll start working together soon. Don't worry.

Updating right away, hon :P
Kisses to you too!! :spinstar:

#24 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

Chapter Three

Rubbing sleep out of her face with her hand, Ashley headed towards David and sat next to him.

“Hi.” Oh hell! That sounded so foolish!

“This doesn’t mean I believe you.”

“Okay.” But it’s a start. It’s a start, alright!

“I have a mole.” Ashley declared.

“Excuse me?”

“I have a mole.” Ashley repeated herself. “I have a big gigantic mole on my leg and you used to tell me that it was a sorcerer who threw a spell on me when I was a baby and that you had to fight him with your sword and that I should be forever grateful to you and that I should kiss you for saving my life.”

David scratched his head and smiled, “And you did.” Remembering, he corrected himself, “I mean, Ashley did.”

“Yeah. You were always a perv. I’m sure you still are.”

They both stayed silent for a few minutes, remembering the past. The way they used to play football or the first day David taught Ashley how to skate and she had broken her ankle. He was five years older than Ashley, but she still was the best friend he had. Maybe that’s because she was the only one worth hanging within his social circle.

Taking a deep breath, David removed a tube from him vest coat and placed it on the bar. “Open your mouth.” He ordered in his pretentious FBI voice.

“Excuse me??”

Without asking, David placed a stick with a flat end in her mouth and Ashley felt something rubbed against the inside of her cheek. “What the hell??”

“Your DNA. You agreed to it, you remember?”

“Yeah, but….”

“No, buts. I’ve got a friend who’ll do it for us without writing a report. So don’t worry. Nobody will know.”

“Alright.”

“What? You’re scared about the outcome?” David scoffed.

“Why would I be?” Ashley defied. “Anyway, you have DNA of my parents?”

“Sure I have.” David smiled, “And I can get in serious trouble for getting it.”

“Yeah, but…your daddy will probably get your skinny ass out of it.”

“True enough.”

“So what have you been doing these last years?” Ashley conversed out of curiosity.

“Getting laid.” David smiled mischievously.

“Beside that?”

“I’m been in the army.” He replied, more serious this time.

“Oh.”

“What’s with the ‘oh’?”

“Nothing.” When David kept on looking at her, she puffed and answered, “Well, it’s just that you don’t look that type at all. You know the army type.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? I’m in the FBI, am I not?”

“Yeah, but…you look more at ease on a beach. Not exactly a guy who’d enroll in the army.”

“Well, I did.” David gulped the last of his beer and asked, “Where are you staying?”

“Here.”

“What?”

“Shannon has been nice enough to rent me the upstairs’ room. Well, it looks more like a storage, but well!”

“Alright then. I’ll meet you tomorrow here at nine.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

“You sure?” With that, David placed his bill on the counter and made his way out.

Hope it's good. CC's are WELCOME.

#25 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

oh my god i missed an update :(
and yeah the book is Tell me your dreams ....*shudders*
Awsome update :D

when ever i read of David the theme of Mission impossible comes in my head and I can't stop laughing :/

i still cannot understand WHY is he the sooo skeptical ..well i do but w/e

UPDATE SOON !!!

P.S I
am getting Rage of ngels after my exams

#26 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

Dammit I couldn't edit ^^ for some weird reason
I think
should be
“I have been in the army.” He replied, more serious this time.

Edited by Anshi, 08 February 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#27 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

this was so good.
heheheh, the mole ;)
oh, please update soon!

#28 lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

aaahh! i haven't checked this in awhile but i read everything and i LOVE it. so please please pleasee update. I'm desperate. lol =]
-lena <3

#29 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hey!! That was such a short but nonetheless awesome update!!

I was laughing out so loud when he inserted that stick in her mouth and said it's for the DNA, HILARIOUS!! And yess, I owe the eternal gratitude to your friend for coercing you to post this, thank her from me, will ya?

Write more soon, and longer pur-lease!!!

And that mole thing was funny too :lol:...NOW UPDATE!!

I'm getting so frustrated that you have all the story written out and all we're getting is tiny pieces of it, next time post two updates together for our convenience and satisfaction.

BRILLIANT UPDATE, WRITE MORE SOON.

Love, Zoe :icon_geek:

#30 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

sorcerer? :icon_lol:

hahahahaha :DDD

LOVED IT! Ahhh, so David is quite the Casanova is he? I'm sure Ash is going to tame him ;)

Update soon!

#31 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

oh my god i missed an update :(
and yeah the book is Tell me your dreams ....*shudders*
Awsome update :D

when ever i read of David the theme of Mission impossible comes in my head and I can't stop laughing :/

i still cannot understand WHY is he the sooo skeptical ..well i do but w/e

UPDATE SOON !!!

P.S I
am getting Rage of ngels after my exams

Hmmm. I loved that book. Though that was sorta creepy. Though, the man wasn't 60, but was her dad, which is creepier.
Ohhh, M.Impossible. One of my fav movie.
Will do.

Dammit I couldn't edit ^^ for some weird reason
I think
should be
“I have been in the army.” He replied, more serious this time.

Agggg. I hate it when I do mistakes like that. should have been, "I've", you're right. Need to go and correct it in my docs. Thanks.

this was so good.
heheheh, the mole ;)
oh, please update soon!

Thanks.
Yes, the mole.
Will do ;)

aaahh! i haven't checked this in awhile but i read everything and i LOVE it. so please please pleasee update. I'm desperate. lol =]
-lena <3

Hey, Lena!
Thanksssss. I'm really glad you do.
yes, I'll update soon.

Hey!! That was such a short but nonetheless awesome update!!

I was laughing out so loud when he inserted that stick in her mouth and said it's for the DNA, HILARIOUS!! And yess, I owe the eternal gratitude to your friend for coercing you to post this, thank her from me, will ya?

Write more soon, and longer pur-lease!!!

And that mole thing was funny too :lol:...NOW UPDATE!!

I'm getting so frustrated that you have all the story written out and all we're getting is tiny pieces of it, next time post two updates together for our convenience and satisfaction.

BRILLIANT UPDATE, WRITE MORE SOON.

Love, Zoe :icon_geek:

Wo, Zoe! Love reading your longish comment. Did lots of good to read that when your boss washed your arse throughout the day. :) One day I'll get promoted and washed his. *Evil laugh*

Hehe...the stick...I guess I watched too many FBI TV show, like Bones.
I'm hoping my friend wouldn't read this because she'll give me an 'I-told-you-so' look.
I'm glad you like the mole thingy.
The update is short because I wrote this long ago. It'll get a bit longer later.
Hey! But I'm updating quickly right.
See, I'm going to update today itself.

LOVE YOU :icon_geek: :heartbeat:

sorcerer? :icon_lol:

hahahahaha :DDD

LOVED IT! Ahhh, so David is quite the Casanova is he? I'm sure Ash is going to tame him ;)

Update soon!

Rivea!!
Oh, yeah. He is. LOL. Who knows. Maybe. We'll see about that. ;)
Right away.
Thanks for reading.

#32 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Chapter Four

Ashley plugged her earphone to her ears as she started washing dishes at Shannon’s to pay her rent and hummed the song ‘Eye of the Tiger’. She was not much of a music junkie, but this song was her favorite.

“Ash?” Andrea, a server, poked her head in the kitchen and smiled, “There’s a hot FBI on the menu for you.”

“Yeah, ask him to wait for a minute. I’ll just finish with this.”

After washing the last mug, she washed and dried her hand before walking to the bar to meet David. And Andrea was totally right about the FBI being hot. Shoo! She should have thought to put on some perfume. Or some make-up. Or something which looked more like civilized clothes.

“Hello Dave.” Ashley smiled and took a seat next to him. “I thought you’d come at nine.”

“Yeah, well, there was less traffic.” David defended.

“Wow. That much less traffic? It’s still three in the afternoon. Six hours early because of less traffic. Interesting.”

“Stop mocking me, will you.” He reddened. Now, now, wasn’t that interesting? “I was just passing by.”

“Sure.” Ashley couldn’t stop smiling over David flushed face. He looked so cute. “So, you’ve got the result?” She asked, back to business.

David threw a few papers on the counter for Ashley. She reached and grabbed them to scan their contents…with a smile.

“Welcome back Ashley.” With that, Ashley reached David and hugged him tight, and breathed a ‘thank you’ in his ear.

It was the moment she was waiting for. She just got back her identity. And she was going to tear down whoever dared to kill her parents and forced her to go in hiding for eleven years.

David couldn’t breathe as Ashley hugged him tight. Literally. He had dreamed of her for years as the kid she had been, and never ever expecting it to become be real. But here today, she was hugging him. And it was real. And she wasn’t a kid anymore, sure. But it was still the same grey eyes. Not knowing what to do else, David reached out and hugged her back.

And noticed that she was crying.

Dear God. How to handle this?

Before he could do anything, Ashley released her breath choking grip on him, and managed a smile.

“Tell me, can you still play football like you used to play?” David asked to lighten the mood.

“Better. I’m a kick ass player.”

“Sure you are! I mean, who taught you the basics?” He tugged his collar and replied his own question, “Me.”

“Uh-huh. But I remember someone taught me that basic for skateboarding and I still suck at it.” Ashley poked David, “Oh yeah! That was you!”

“Hey! You’re assaulting a FBI agent here. I could get you locked up for this.” David rubs his hand on his aching ribs. Serious, he asked, “So, any idea how we should process to uncover the scandal?”

“Dude, you’re the FBI here? Why do you think I came all the way from Miami to look for you?” Ashley asked. “Dumbo.”

“No, no. I’m not letting you calling me that again. No this time. Or I’ll start calling you lizard.”

“Yuck. I hate lizard”

It was strange how they could get in this easy conversation again after eleven years between them. As it there never was that bridge.

“So, what do we do?” Ashley asked.

Putting his coat on, David replied, “First, we’ll get you out of this hellhole.” He smiled, “No offence, Shannon is a pretty nice host, but I don’t like the idea of you staying above a bar.”

“Is that the gentleman speaking or you’re talking out of fear of what my daddy’s ghost will do to you?”

“Frankly speaking, I can’t decide which one it is.” He said, and started up the stairs to Ashley’s room.

“So, where am I going?” She asked. “At one of the place you reserve for your girlfriends?”

“Nope. At my place.”

I was tempted to post another chapter, but then thought that it'll be too long. Enjoy!

#33 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

At.
His.
Place.
EEEP.
i read that and almost SCREAMED!
eraghriasnungh!!!!!!
please update soon!

#34 Cool Dork

Cool Dork

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

OH OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! lol HIS PLAcE!!!! Great update!

Clara

#35 lena398:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

this is great :] keep writing! i want more!

-lena =]

#36 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

awwwww :D they're gonna be best friends again... :)

and AHHH!!

She staying with him! :D That's just perfect :D

UPDATE!

PS> You can post as many chapters as you want. I won't mind :P

#37 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

Ohhhhhhh...you know I'm hyperventilating over the same thing everyone else is!!!!!

At. His. Place. Eeeeeepppp!!!! :hyper:

PHENOMENAL UPDATE, by the way!! I loved how they hugged, joked and all....total 'awwww' moment! ^_^

And how could you NOT post two chapters!!!! Because FYI your update was short again and I want longer so the other update might have satisfied my cravings a lil bit!

Anyways, awesome updates, obviously! SO UPDATE MORE SOON!!!!!!! I want to know how they work together to catch the killer given at his place. :icon_lol:

Write more soon, I'll try my best to read and comment because upcoming days I'm having some deadly tests in colllege. Posted Image

Love Zoe. :icon_geek:

PS: Update Maple Love!!! I want Tyler and Andrew!!!!

PPS: Eye of the tiger!!!!! Ahhhhh, Dean Winchester!!!!!!

#38 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

EEEEEEEP!!!!!!!

to his house :icon_lol:
intresting ;)
Shaheenie you made me happy
I was going awwwww throughout the update
ALthough you do need to
a) type longer updates :(
B) Update Maple Love I missh Tyler and Alex

-Liberty/Anshi

#39 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

At.
His.
Place.
EEEP.
i read that and almost SCREAMED!
eraghriasnungh!!!!!!
please update soon!

Y.E.S.
*HUGE GRIN*
Right away!

Urm, I don't know your name.

OH OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! lol HIS PLAcE!!!! Great update!

Clara

Lol, that's right. Everybody said the same thing.
*Hugs* Thanks.

this is great :] keep writing! i want more!

-lena =]

It's already written out. ALL of it. Just ready to post. Need some editing, of course.
Thanksss!!

awwwww :D they're gonna be best friends again... :)

and AHHH!!

She staying with him! :D That's just perfect :D

UPDATE!

PS> You can post as many chapters as you want. I won't mind :P

RIGHT!!! :spinstar:
Damn right!
Right away.

Ohhhhhhh...you know I'm hyperventilating over the same thing everyone else is!!!!!

At. His. Place. Eeeeeepppp!!!! :hyper:

PHENOMENAL UPDATE, by the way!! I loved how they hugged, joked and all....total 'awwww' moment! ^_^

And how could you NOT post two chapters!!!! Because FYI your update was short again and I want longer so the other update might have satisfied my cravings a lil bit!

Anyways, awesome updates, obviously! SO UPDATE MORE SOON!!!!!!! I want to know how they work together to catch the killer given at his place. :icon_lol:

Write more soon, I'll try my best to read and comment because upcoming days I'm having some deadly tests in colllege. Posted Image

Love Zoe. :icon_geek:

PS: Update Maple Love!!! I want Tyler and Andrew!!!!

PPS: Eye of the tiger!!!!! Ahhhhh, Dean Winchester!!!!!!

Lol, yeah. Everyone said that. 'at his place'
Awwwwwwww :heartbeat: THANKS. I didn't want to post this up because I've never written anything like this. Third person.

Ewwww. Exams. Well, I should post only one chappie then. You need to revise. ME TOO. Exam in June though. And since I've started working, I'm barely revising.

Will write the update during weekend.
Hey that's right. I've completely forgotten about it. Should go right away and watch him. That's my ringtone, by the way.
When I wrote that I didn't know about Dean's performance.

EEEEEEEP!!!!!!!

to his house :icon_lol:
intresting ;)
Shaheenie you made me happy
I was going awwwww throughout the update
ALthough you do need to
a) type longer updates :(
B) Update Maple Love I missh Tyler and Alex

-Liberty/Anshi

Damn right, Liberty!
Really? I'm glad. I feel happy too.
a)The problem is, it's already typed up.
b)Will right the update during weekends.

THANKS

#40 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

Chapter Five

“What?”

At his place? Was he serious?? Why would she go at his place?? Not that by living with him she would succumb to the sexual tension between them or anything. She wasn’t week. No! She wasn’t. It’s just that she was ONLY twenty and NOT yet ready to move in with a guy, especially if he looked like David. Agree, she was going to get twenty one soon, but still!

“That’s just a typical female reaction. To say a big ‘what’ when they heard perfectly what the guy said.” David snarled. “This is getting so cliché, you know.”

“Now, that’s insulting.”

“Whatever. You want me to help you, right?”

“That’s why I’m here.”

“Right. So, I don’t want to come here every time I’ve got something to discuss to you.” Alright, so it was all professional.

“Oh, yeah. That will be pretty inconvenient.”

“Ditto.” David agreed and started to help Ashley to pack her things. Not that there was too many thing to pack.

“I bet you don’t live with your daddy anymore, right?” Ashley asked, while shoving jeans in her bag. “Hey! Don’t touch those!!” Ashley slapped David’s hand away from her underwear.

“I’m helping!”

“Yeah, so get…get my shoes.” She ordered.

“O-kayyy.” David rolled his eyes and bowed to take Ashley’s shoes from under the bed. “And yes. I don’t live there. Of course I don’t live there…or I might just create a scandal. According to my dad!”

“Knowing you, you probably would.” Ashley laughed. “But well, I’m not sure I know you anymore. It’s all… so… confused.” She added, a little sober.

David gave her a tight lipped smile. She was right. They didn’t know each other anymore. Eleven years can change people a lot. He changed, especially during his years in the army. But there was something. As if there wasn’t the eleven years gap between them! And it was confusing.

Zipping her bag, she looked at David expectantly, “Aren’t you going to carry my bag for me?”

“I thought girls are independent these days.” He stated and walked out of the room.

“Yeah, I’ll carry my bag myself.” Ashley pulled her bag on her shoulder, a tiny vein rising on her forehead from the strain. “After all, I’m a feminist.” Her eyes bulged as she tried not to fall on the stairs. “A feminist all the way.” She muttered to herself. Really, what an arse.

After throwing her bag on the backseat, she opened her front door with a curse to the male population. Not even an ounce of gentlemanly cells in their body. Really, she envied the girls who were living in the nineteenth century. At least, the guys dated back then, had enough decency to open a door for a girl…or to at least had the decency CARRY their bag. But well, she was a FEMINIST. So, no complaints. None.

“So, how do you intend to catch the famous killer?” Ashley asked.

“The driver who collided with your parent’s car is still alive. Lives about thirty miles from here. We’ll check with him first.

“You mean he’s not rotting behind a cell??” Ashley screamed her face red.

“Now, relax, okay.” David suggested. “Somehow, he got off the hook. And there’s something odd with the reports as well. You can read them; it’s in the glove compartment.”

Ashley pulled the reports out and quickly skimmed through them.

“Can I keep it with me?”

“Yeah, I’ve already read it.”

“Okay. I’ll read it tonight.”

“Ashley?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m glad you’re back.”

“I’m glad to be back as well.” Ashley smiled.

Like it?
*Yawm* I'm sleepy.

#41 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

LOVE IT!!!
oh, by the way, i go by bookie :)
please post an update soon!

#42 michaelEDWARDangel

michaelEDWARDangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Awwwww, that was such a sweet update!! Sweet but short nonetheless, why don't you post two updates together, WHY???

David's so hot and awesome and I'm pretty curious about their encounter with the driver, who I--like Ashley--don't understand why he isn't rotting in prison and what do the reports say!!! :icon_lol:

UPDATE SOON---With TWO updates!!! That's a threat, okay Missy, TWO UPDATES!! :074:

Sorry, gotta rush with this short comment.

Update more soon.

Love, Zoe. :icon_geek:

#43 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

^^Zoe, I think she just LOVES torturing us! ;)

haha, anyway,

again, last two lines = tooooo sweet :heartbeat:

And yes, Ashley. You're TOTALLY a feminist! :P So don't succumb to the pressure and complain that the totally un-chivalrous but extreeeeemly hot David is not lifting your bags :P

#44 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

LOVE IT!!!
oh, by the way, i go by bookie :)
please post an update soon!

Thanks Bookie. That's a cute name you go by ;)
Will do soon.

Awwwww, that was such a sweet update!! Sweet but short nonetheless, why don't you post two updates together, WHY???

David's so hot and awesome and I'm pretty curious about their encounter with the driver, who I--like Ashley--don't understand why he isn't rotting in prison and what do the reports say!!! :icon_lol:

UPDATE SOON---With TWO updates!!! That's a threat, okay Missy, TWO UPDATES!! :074:

Sorry, gotta rush with this short comment.

Update more soon.

Love, Zoe. :icon_geek:

I'm glad you think it's sweet. :heartbeat:
Okay, I promise to post TWO UPDATES TOMORROW after I get back from the office. Yeah, you'll know about the driver in the next update.

Two updates it'll be then.
*Shudders* I'm scared. NOT. :P :) :D :)

^^Zoe, I think she just LOVES torturing us! ;)

haha, anyway,

again, last two lines = tooooo sweet :heartbeat:

And yes, Ashley. You're TOTALLY a feminist! :P So don't succumb to the pressure and complain that the totally un-chivalrous but extreeeeemly hot David is not lifting your bags :P

*Rub hands* Yeah, I enjoy that. I'm a sadist, you know.
Okay, no, I'm not.
THANKS *Beam*
Ashley: Right, right, and right!
David: We guys aren't your damn slaves. We're just sex slaves.
*Giggles*
Two updates for tomorrow.

#45 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

Awww I love David already :D

I have dibs on him... just saying lol.

Awesome updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been commenting.