• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#91 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

Hey I tried to post yesterday but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Anyway I love the whole Isabella twist and the eye war !!

Just a quick question, where did you find this ?

"Beidh mé darned"

xxxLeanniexxx

#92 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

Well it was originally 'I'll be darned' but my mom thought I should say something a little more...irish. lol. So we looked up the irish version.

#93 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

Okeeee well here's chapter 15.

Chapter fifteen:

I really hate corn.

I always think it’s a good idea to eat corn. When I walked into the cafeteria and saw that besides the usual corn dog and Mac ‘n cheese, there was also a gob of yellow corn. Kelly had taken one look at the lunch menu, and just about fainted.

“D-do you have any idea how many calories is in that meal?” she sputtered at the cafeteria ladies. They ignored her and spooned up a huge gob of Mac ‘n cheese onto her plate. Her face turned so white, it made CeeCee look like she had a tan. CeeCee seemed to take great pleasure in Kelly’s shock, if the fact that she grinned and took a photo of Kelly’s face with a camera was any sign. Adam cheered. Kelly seemed to take no notice, for she was still staring at the cafeteria food in horror.

“I am not eating that,” she declared, turning her nose up in disgust.

The cafeteria lady rolled her eyes. “You can starve for all I care. I just work here.” She then turned to Adam and gave him a huge glob of corn.

Kelly seemed shocked that no one cared about her little tantrum. With a sniff, she turned on her heel and walked out of the cafeteria.

Poor Kelly. She really should start packing a lunch.

“If I’d known they were serving corn, I wouldn’t have packed a lunch,” I said.

“You can ask for a side of corn. You’ll have to pay though. Do you have any money?” CeeCee asked. I shook my head and she handed me a dollar. When I opened my mouth to protest, she said “I’m not hungry anyway. For once, I have to agree with Kelly. That lunch does look gross.”

“Are you kidding?” Adam said through a mouthful of corn. “this ish delicious!”

CeeCee groaned and turned away. I paid for a side of corn and headed back to the table. Paul sat down across from me. I started eating my corn, and in a few minutes, half the corn was in my stomach, and the other half was stuck in my teeth.

This is precisely why I do not like corn. I was now trying with all my might to get it out of my teeth without using my fingers, which was proving to be extremely difficult. Meanwhile, Paul discussed my meeting with Ella.

“So you think Ella killed Violet?” he asked, taking a bite out of his very large, very delicious looking subway sandwich. I drooled through the corners of my corn filled teeth.

“I know she did.” I said, trying to wedge my tongue between my two front teeth where a very stubborn piece of corn was wedged. “If you could’ve seen the look on her face when I asked her about the party. That girl is guil-ty.” I tapped my fingers on the table with each syllable.

CeeCee looked up from where she was crunching away at her very large, very delicious apple she had snatched from Paul when he wasn’t looking. “What are you guys talking about?” she asked. Crunch.

“A video game,” I said quickly.

Adam perked up. “A video game where people kill people? What’s it called?”

“Um,” Why did I always make this mistake? People were supposed to learn from experience not to repeat things that got them into trouble! But no, I always asked for corn no matter how many times it got stuck in my teeth. “Violet Eyes.”

He frowned. “I’ve never heard of that one before. I’ll have to look it up.” He shoveled another gob of corn into his mouth. I tried not to look as the yellow mush swirled around and around as he chewed openly.

“So now what do you plan on doing?” Paul asked.

"I’m not sure. Talk to Violet I guess.” I looked around the table. “Does anyone have a toothpick?”

CeeCee reached into her bag and handed me one. “Thanks.” I started picking at my teeth.

Paul’s eyes brightened. “When? Can I be there?”

I shrugged. “I guess. We could do it today at my house. No one is usually there. I can invite Jesse too.” A piece of corn came flying out from between my teeth, popping CeeCee in the eye. She gave me a very annoyed look.

“You can talk to people in this game?” Adam marveled. “What, is it interactive or something?”

“Uh, yes.” The tooth pick wasn’t doing the job. I settled on using my finger. I’d just have to wash my hands.

“Cool!” Adam yelled. Then he got an idea. “Hey, I wanna see this game, can I come?”

“I was going to ask the same thing,” CeeCee said.

“Oh um, sorry guys but it’d be best if you didn’t.” I gave CeeCee a meaningful glance. She didn’t know much, but she did know I talked to ghosts. Kind of.

“Why not?” Adam whined.

“Adam,” CeeCee said suddenly. “I need help with a paper I’m working on. Why don’t you come over to my place after school?” I gave her a thankful look.

“Fine, whatever,” he grumbled. Another piece of corn flew out of my mouth, this time popping Adam in the eye. He jumped.

“Excuse me, but I need to make a visit to the ladies room,” I said, standing up. This corn war would be best continued in the bathroom.

“I’ll come with,” CeeCee said, hopping up. Casting a wave over her shoulder, she followed behind me.

“So.” CeeCee leaned against the bathroom sink as I peered into the mirror and carefully picked the corn out of my teeth. “When are you going to tell me?”

“Tell you what?” I really did need to spend more time on my makeup in the morning. My mascara was all smudged.

“When are you going to tell me about your whole ‘ghost busting’ business? Assuming that’s what it is.”

I faced her. I had made a promise to CeeCee about two months ago that one day I would tell her everything. I didn’t exactly tell her when someday was, though.

“Soon,” I promised her. “I just have some stuff I need to work out first.” Like this corn in my teeth.

“Well, then at least tell me this:” She folded her arms. “Who’s this Violet person?”

“A ghost.” I turned back towards the mirror. Three more pieces of corn to go.

CeeCee waited. I sighed. “Violet died at the night of that party on Callerson drive and she died from Pyrethrin poisoning, and that’s why I needed to find Katie so I could interview her and I found out who hosted the party, and I found it and it’s Ella short for Isabella who has a crush on Jesse but hopefully not for long and her grandmother Cass who is also her maid except not anymore since Ella moved out said that trouble was always finding her and she didn’t mean to get in trouble but she always did anyway so she had to move around and her parents didn’t care anymore and her grandma’s irish and kept saying stuff like Beidh mé darned, whatever that means, and I found Ella cause she was stalking Jesse well not really but still and anyway he knew where she lived so we went there and I really think she killed Violet.” I finished, plucking the last piece of corn out of my teeth.

That’s the first time I think I’ve ever seen CeeCee speechless. Being able to talk fast has it’s advantages.

“See,” I said. “I knew you didn’t really want to know.”

She shook her head. “No, I do want to know, just………slower.”

I ran my fingers quickly through my hair and put on some lip gloss. “Well, I don’t have time to be slow right now. Come on, let’s go.” I marched out of the bathroom and called over my shoulder, “Oh and thanks for taking care of the Adam problem!”
“No problem,” she murmured.

#94 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

AH-MAZIN!!! Totally relieved to see CeeCee and Adam in the story. Loved it. Haha and Kelly Prescot! That chick cracks me up!!! Haha... well update soon so I can get more theories to pop inside my head! :icon_geek:

#95 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

That was really good, I don't ever remember that being a common phrase ... Anyway you let your Mom read your stories?

Aisteach go leor !

xxxLeanniexxx

#96 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

That was really good, I don't ever remember that being a common phrase ... Anyway you let your Mom read your stories?

Aisteach go leor !

xxxLeanniexxx

I let her read parts of it- the light and fluffy parts. She's unhappy that she can't read more :icon_mecry2: but yeah lol.

#97 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

Alrighty, next chapter! By the way, I made a banner. It won't let me edit it and put it on the first post, but whatever, here it is:

Posted Image

Original image title: Purple Eye
Link: http://media.photobu...leeye.jpg?o=173
Original artist: dazzler4831
Banner adapted by: Dramagirl (me)

Anyway, here's the update!

Chapter sixteen:

“Get off me you big bafoon!” I yelled.

Violet groaned from where she was lying on top of me. I attempted to push her off me. She yelped in pain.

“Oh shut up,” I snapped. And who could blame me? I’d just been sitting on my bed, minding my own business, when suddenly, out of thin air, Violet comes falling and lands right on top of me. She may be skinny, but I had a feeling she had a special diet of bricks made specially for her. That girl was heavy.

Okay, I hadn’t exactly been minding my own business. Me, Jesse, and Paul had been calling for Violet to come so we could talk to her. One second we were all calling her name, and the next second I had a pack of bricks crushing me. I mean, couldn’t she just walk into the room like any civilized ghost?

When I asked her this, she shrieked, “I don’t choose how I make an entrance! You should be glad I arrived at all! I’m a very busy person! I’ve got-“

“Salon ladies to spook, I know I know,” I grumbled. Jesse rushed over and quickly helped me out from under Violet’s extremely large body. Well, actually, her body wasn’t very large. She weighed hardly anything. But she seemed to be throwing all her effort and weight into crushing me.

“Thanks,” I said, as he checked for bruises. Much to my surprise, and the surprise of Violet, Paul ran over to her and helped her sit up. “Anything broken?” he asked.

“Nothing, just my pride,” Violet sniffed. I rolled my eyes.

“You got off easy. I think I broke a lot more than just my pride,” I groaned. Turning to Jesse, I complained, “She’s never done that before. I hate to think of how she’ll enter the room next time.”

“There isn’t going to be a next time if you keep complaining like that!” Violet said.

“Lie down Querida,” Jesse instructed. “If anything’s broken, you don’t want to move too fast.”

I sighed and obediently lay down on my bed. Violet hopped off and stood staring down at me.

“What do you want?” she asked.

We want to talk to you,” I said. “Or we did, before you so rudely smashed me.” I rubbed my arm.

Violet started to shimmer, and I immediately regretted my words. “Wait!” I said.

“What?” she continued shimmering.

“Don’t go.”

“Why not?” she demanded.

“Because we want to talk to you,” I said.

“Well maybe I don’t want to talk to you.” she said.

I opened my mouth to say something rude, when Jesse suddenly clamped his hand over my mouth. My mouth tingled with pleasure, but I gave him an annoyed look to show him I was not happy.

“Please forgive Susannah here,” he apologized to Violet. “She is upset about being crushed, and I assure you she will be acting much more pleasant once she has stopped hurting.”

Violet sniffed again, but she fully materialized.

“Fine, I’ll stay.” She crossed her arms. “What do you want?”

“To talk,” Paul said.

“About what?” she asked.

“Your death,” Jesse said.

She suddenly sagged against my dresser. I could tell she was still not happy about being dead. Not that I blamed her. I decided to try being a little nicer.

“You guys know about that too?” she asked, motioning to Paul and Jesse. They nodded. She sighed and sunk to the floor. Paul sat down next to her.

I wrenched my mouth away from Jesse’s grip. “Violet,” I said. “It appears you died of Pyrethrin poisoning, which was caused by some sort of pesticide. The doctor isn’t sure what caused this, but that’s what we’re trying to find out.”

Violet stared at me. She looked like she was about to cry. Then suddenly she said, “Huh?”

I shrugged. “I’m not sure what it is either, but I guess we’ll find out when we find out what caused it.”

“But we need to ask you some questions first,” Jesse added.

She swallowed. “Okay.”

“Are you allergic to vinegar?” I asked.

“Yes…” she said.

“Was there any salad with vinagrette at the party?”

“Yes.”

“Did you eat it?”

She looked shocked. “NO!!!! I’ve had allergic reactions enough times to know not to eat that. What kind of a fool do you think I am?”

I blinked. Okay, cross that off the list.

“Did you notice anything odd about the food being served to you?” Paul asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, did it taste weird, or did it seem different in any way from the other guests?”

“Well…” Violet leaned against the wall and thought. “Clark kept offering to get me stuff- he’s such a goodie goodie, and I did think that the chicken tasted kind of weird.”

“Weird? What kind of weird?” I asked. Then suddenly it occurred to me. “Wait, Clark was bringing you food?”

“Yeah, I know, sweet of him right?” Violet cracked her knuckles. “He kept asking me if I wanted anything and refilling my wine.” She paused. “Come to think of it, the wine tasted awfully strange too.”

“How so?” Jesse asked. Why didn’t I bring a notebook???

“Well, it tasted really gross. I have no idea why people drink that, but whatever.”

I relaxed. “Was that your first time having wine?”

“Yes,” she yawned. “I really don’t see the point to these questions. Can you hurry it up? I’ve got-“

“Wait,” I said. “If it was your first time, you wouldn’t really know how it tasted would you?”

She stared at me, unblinking. “So?”

“So someone could have easily changed the flavor without you noticing!” Jesse was catching on.

I nodded. “Exactly!” I got up. “Wait, I think we have some wine downstairs, I’ll get you some to try.”

Violet groaned. “Ew, why? It tasted gross,”

“Really? I think not.” I ran out of the room and down the stairs.

Doc was sitting in the kitchen, reading out of a large textbook.

I stopped in my tracks. “Er, hi David.”

He looked up. “Hello Suze. Have you read this textbook before? It’s amazing! It-“

“I’m sure it is,” I interrupted. “Um, excuse me a second.”

He watched as I inched past him and opened the cupboard where the wine was kept. I pulled out the wine and closed the cupboard.

“Uh Suze-“ Doc said, eyeing the wine.

“Don’t worry David, I’m not going to drink this. It’s for,” I paused. “An experiment.” I tried to remember the description Doc had told me. “A step in the scientific method that is a hipposis-“

“You mean a hypothesis,” he corrected me.

“Whatever. Anyway, um, can you stay down here? Don’t go upstairs okay?” I started backing out of the kitchen.

He shrugged. “Sure. But Suze, if you’re doing something bad-“

“Don’t worry,” I said. “It’s nothing that anyone could get in trouble for. Bye.” I left the kitchen behind and bounded up the stairs…..

….and found Paul patting a very worried looking Violet on the shoulder.

“Don’t worry,” he murmured. “It’ll be okay. I promise.”

I gave Jesse a confused look. He shrugged. I cleared my throat.

“I have the wine.” I remembered too later that I probably should’ve brought a cup. Oh well.

Violet eyed the bottle in my hand. “Is that the same kind that was at the party?”

I looked at the description. “Umm, it’s red wine. Is that what they were serving?”

She nodded. “I think so.” I carefully popped the cork out of the bottle and handed it to her. She carefully brought it to her lips and took a sip. Then she gave me a funny look.

“That,” she said, “Is not how it tasted at the party.” She looked at Jesse, then at me, then at Paul. “What’s the meaning of this?”

“Violet,” Jesse said, in a soft voice. “I think….. I think you were poisoned.”

There she blows!
Lol, hope you like it!

#98 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

wow
what a way to pronounce it!~!!!!
mwahahaha!!! my theory was CORRECT!!!!!!!!!
update?????!!!?

~ :mgbumblebee:

#99 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

Welcome to the b.itchfest Violet !!

Ya becaue I'm fairly sured your boyfriend poisined you so he could sleep with Isabella !!!

Update Soon !!!

Lv xxxLeanniexxx

#100 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Poor Violet... :icon_mecry2:
Update so we can see how she takesit!!!

#101 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Oh yeah and The banner is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :heartbeat:

#102 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

yeah, i liked it too!
update?

#103 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

Here's the next update! :D Violet Eyes is now 53 pages long on Word. Woo hoo! That's the most I've ever written for a story.
Well, here ya go.

Chapter seventeen:

There was a moment of silence.

Then:

“NO!!!!!!!!!!!” Violet screamed. I winced at the sudden burst of noise.

“There’s no other explanation for it,” Jesse said softly.

“NO! IT’S NOT TRUE!!!!” Violet continued yelling.

“Violet! Please stop yelling!” I said, covering my ears.

To my surprise, tears started streaming down Violet’s face. Paul looked alarmed. He leaned over and gave Violet a hug.

“No!” she sobbed. “It was an allergy! An allergic reaction! That’s it!”

“Um,” I said. I’d seen Violet crying before, but this was kind of sudden. I’d expected her to get a murderous look in her eye and declare war on whoever killed her. But not this…. “Actually, it wasn’t. You were poisoned. Nothing less.” I felt lame.

“You’re a liar!” she screamed. “You’re just trying to make me upset! You little-“ she lunged at me, but Paul grabbed her and held her back.

“LET GO OF ME!!!!” she started hitting him with her fists.

I looked at Jesse helplessly. He ran over to Violet and grabbed her fists.

“STOP IT!!!! I WANNA KILL HER!! LET ME KILL HER!!!” she shrieked. I really didn’t know what she was so unhappy about. She had two totally hot guys touching her at once. Even though Jesse was the only one I had my eye on. I wasn’t noticing Paul’s large, thick muscles at all. Just Jesse’s. Right.

Oh Jeez, I mentally kicked myself. Uh, God, or Buddha, or whoever’s up there, please forgive me for thinking such, um, lustful thoughts. Amen?

“What would that accomplish Violet?” Jesse asked in a soothing voice. “If you kill her, it won’t help your case. It’ll just give us another death to deal with.”

“I don’t care.” She was full out crying now, with snot and red eyes and everything.

“I wanna kill her…” she let out a pathetic little wail.

“Many murderers meandering around Carmel,” I muttered.

“Oh shut up!” she yelled.

“Violet,” Paul said, from where he was wrestling to keep her from jumping me. “Does it really matter how you died? You’re dead. You can’t change that. What does it matter how you
got dead?”

“It matters,” she growled. “Because it’s not f-f-fai-r!!!!” she let out a hiccup.

I sighed. “We know it’s not fair. And that’s why we’re going to try to bring the killer to justice.”

“That won’t help!” she cried at the ceiling.

“You’d be surprised at how much better it makes you feel,” Jesse said.

She glared at him. “How would you know? You don’t understand. None of you understand!”

“Actually, I do,” Jesse said quietly. She stared at him.

“Jesse,” I said. “Don’t.” I knew what would happen if he told her, and it wouldn’t be good.

He was silent.

“Do you think you’re the only one who’s ever died or gone through this? You’re not. Jesse died too!” Paul said, trying to pin her fists to the ground.

Paul..” I groaned.

“He used to be dead?” she asked. Her eyes started heating up. “He used to be dead? THEN HOW IS HE ALIVE NOW??????”

Oh great. I knew this was going to happen.

There was no sense lying to her. She’d already figured it out. “We, um, went back in time and warned him,” I said, not looking at Violet.

The look that went across Violet’s face then could only be described as murderous.

“You went back in time,” she said, in a voice so calm it was scary, “And you saved him from dying? So that he could live?”

“Yessss…” I said slowly, afraid of where this was going.

“So,” she concluded, “if you did that for him, then surely you can do that for me? Yes?”

“Um,” I said. “No actually, because it kills you to go back in time.”

“But you did it for him, didn’t you?” she said. She had a strange smile on her face. It was creeping me out.

“Yes, but his was a special case..” I gave Paul and Jesse a help me! look. They jumped into action.

“Violet, we really can’t-“ Paul said, while at the same time Jesse started “The murderers would never-“

They both stopped.

“Violet we really can’t do that. It makes you lose thousands of brain cells, and the only reason I did it last time was for selfish reasons. Suze only did it because she, ah, loved Jesse.”

“and the murderers would never be caught if we saved your life,” Jesse added.

“I don’t care! I wasn’t murdered, it was an allergic reaction!” she huffed. “If I could go back I would never go to that stupid party in the first place!” She yanked her fists away from Paul.

“Well you can’t,” I said. “So I think we’d best figure our who killed you.”

“The wine killed me!!! I must be allergic to wine!” Violet insisted.

“What are your allergies usual symptoms?” I asked.

“Um. Swelling, hyperventilating, fainting spells.” She looked thoughtful. “I wasn’t swelling but I did faint!”

“Violet,” I said. “You didn’t faint, you died. And you aren’t allergic to wine. Someone put some sort of pesticide in the wine. And I have a strong feeling it was Clark.”

She stared at me. Then she jumped up and tried to lash out. I jumped backwards. Paul and Jesse jumped up and grabbed her.

“She’s trying to ruin my life!!!!” Violet screamed. “Pleease let me kill her! Please!”

“She isn’t trying to ruin your life,” Jesse grunted, trying to get Violet to sit back down while holding her hands behind her back.

“Violet please,” Paul said quietly. “Sit down and think about this. Please.”

Violet went suddenly quiet. She sat obediently sat down and didn’t move.

“I think Clark took your wine and put something in it. Then he served it to you.” I edged toward the front of my bed, preparing for an attack.

Violet didn’t respond.

“But why?” Jesse asked.

“I think I can answer that,” I said. I turned to Violet, who was staring at the floor. “Violet what did you mean when you told me to tell Clark not to go out with Isabella?”

Without lifting her gaze, Violet said, “Isabella is a witch. Clark’s had her eye on her ever since she moved here.”

Except she didn’t say witch.

“So Clark wants to go out with her?” I asked. “Aha. What probably happened is that Isabella told him that she would go out with him if he poisoned you. That’s one disloyal boyfriend ya got there Violet.”

Nombre de Dios,” Jesse murmured.

“That jerk,” Paul muttered.

Except he didn’t say jerk.

“So Isabella wanted me dead.” Violet said in a humorless voice. “Wonderful.”

“Do you have any idea why?” I asked.

“Hmm let’s see. I’m gorgeous. I have a hot boyfriend. I have a large house. I have rich parents. I have all the latest styles. I have a whole block named after my family. I have friends in higher places. I wonder why she would want me dead?”

“If you’re thinking she’s jealous,” I said, “that’s not the answer. I’ve seen her, and she’s beautiful. She could probably go out with whoever she wanted. She has a rich grandma who lives in a mansion. She’s rich, so she probably had the same stuff you do. So no, that’s not the answer.”

“Then what is????” Violet looked up now. Her eyes were mad. Okay. Here comes the part where she declares war on Ella.

“You tell me,” I said. My nail polish was almost completely chipped off now. Why hadn’t I fixed that yet? I decided to have a personal sleepover tonight. All my beauty products were invited.

“You’re assuming it was Isabella,” Jesse said.

“Trust me,” I said. “It was.”

He was quiet.

I groaned. “Oh no Jesse. Please don’t tell me you think your little Ella is innocent?”

He frowned. “She just doesn’t strike me as the murderer type. She seems so……… delicate.”

“You know, there’s this thing that people do sometimes,” I said. “It’s called act like someone they’re not. Criminals do that most of all. Ella is obviously a criminal, or why would she get kicked out of all her schools?”

He didn’t respond.

“Exactly. It’s Ella.” I hopped off the bed. “Now, I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m hungry. I’m gonna go get some food. You guys want anything?” I paused by the doorframe.

“Popcorn,” Paul muttered.

“’Kay.” I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and got out some soda. Doc looked up from his textbook.

“I heard you talking to someone up there. Do you have people up there?” he asked.

“Yeah, some friends,” I said absentmindedly. The thing that was bothering me was why??? Why would Ella want Violet killed? It’s not like Violet had anything Ella didn’t have.

So why? Why?

WHY???????????????????????????????

Hope you guys like it. :cat:

#104 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

oh my god AMAZING UPDATE!!!!!!! WOW I MISSED MORE!! QUIT UPDATING WITHOUT MY CONCENT!!!!! haha JKING!!! :D

#105 emilyrigby

emilyrigby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

"My nail polish was almost completely chipped off now. Why hadn’t I fixed that yet? I decided to have a personal sleepover tonight. All my beauty products were invited."

Best. Line. EVER.

I love this so much. You must update 36894850924 times a day. :)

...just kidding. :P

#106 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Kayle: Lol yes, I do update a lot. Once a day to be precise.

Emilyrigby: Haha I like that line too.

#107 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

wow
violet is violent..heheheh
JESSE!!!!!!!!!
PAUL!!!!!!!!
well, something tells me something is going to HAPPEN!!!!!
update soon, k???

#108 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

This makes me laugh and smile and freak out at the same time haha (:

Violet is crazy, but I guess I would be too if I was dead and all that was going on.

Congrats on reaching 53 pages on word (=

Update soon!

Luv
Jamie

#109 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Next chapter! It's short, but super important.

Chapter eighteen:

I was going to be finding out the answer to that question very soon.

217, 218…. 219, here it is, I counted off the houses.
I had decided to pay a little visit to Clark. WITHOUT Jesse or Paul. I know they would kill me for it later, but they would get in the way of what I wanted to do.

I stepped up to the door and rang the doorbell, carefully smoothing my short skirt and V neck black tank with a jean jacket. I quickly smiled at my reflection in the window. My hair was straight and fluffy, and my makeup was perfect. I’d finally repainted my nails. I was ready.
Please answer, I prayed silently. After all the effort I’d gone through, he’d better answer.

I waited for a few minutes. What was with this? Why did people always wait so long to answer the door? Were they all watching TV?

I was about to give up and go home when the door opened. Typical. I flashed my best smile and a very surprised Clark. I could see him looking me over. Excellent.

“Hello, it’s me, Suze again. I was wondering if I could come in? I just had a few more things to ask you.”

He looked around (probably looking for Paul), then once deciding that someone was not about to pop out and film him with a camera, he opened the door wider.

“Thanks!” I flashed my pearly whites at him again. He followed me silently into his living room.

“So,” I sat down carefully, making sure not to wrinkle my new jean skirt. He sat down across from me. “Is anyone here besides you?”

“The maid,” he said. “But she’s downstairs.” He was still staring at me, mostly at my chest. Wow Clark, I thought. Real faithful to Violet, aren’t ya?

“Good,” I said, smoothing my skirt again. I carefully tucked my high heel boots underneath the chair I was sitting on. I cleared my throat.

“Alright,” I said. “So. My question is: Why did you poison Violet?”

Clark fell off his chair. I put on my best amused face well he stumbled around on the floor and struggled back onto his seat. He stared at me.

“Don’t ask how I know,” I said, leaning back in my chair. “I have my ways.”

He coughed. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

I smiled. “Yes you do. Or you wouldn’t have fallen off you chair.”

“I fell off my chair,” he said, obviously trying to gather up his pride, “because of the force of your accusation.”

I raised my eyebrow. “Is that so…” I stood up slowly and started pacing back and forth. He followed me with his eyes.

“I know people,” I started, “that are able to tell me things that regular people wouldn’t know.” I turned to him. “Are you aware that that was Violet’s first time drinking wine at the party?”

He swallowed. “I don’t know. She acted as though she’d had it before.”

“Are you aware that she didn’t lay a finger on the salad, thus making that an impossible death cause?”

His eyes grew wider. “I wasn’t really keeping track of what she ate or didn’t eat.”

I continued pacing, becoming suddenly aware that these shoes probably weren’t the best choice for what to wear.

“I understand that you were bringing food to and fro to her?”

His face turned a strange purple color.

“Is that correct?” I asked.

He nodded…

I kept pacing. “So it is possible that you could have slipped something toxic into her wine without her or anyone else noticing?”

He stood up. “Look,” he said in a surprisingly shaky voice. “It’s not what it looks like.”

“Isn’t it?” I stopped and faced him, my hands on my hips. “Because it sure looks like you murdered your girlfriend. To be with another girl perhaps?”

I saw his Adams apple bob up and down as he gulped.

“Someone,” I said, “Maybe by the name of Isabella?”

He opened his mouth. Then he closed it. Then he opened it again and said “Have you been stalking me?”

I laughed my best bitter laugh. “I told you, I have my ways. But stalking is not one of them.”

He pursed his lips. “I did not do it on free will. Someone told me to.”

“They told you to,” I repeated. “But they didn’t make you, right? Which means that technically you did do it on free will. Which means that you, Clark, are technically a murderer. And you know where murderers go…”

He suddenly reached out and grabbed my arm. I could feel his fingernails digging into my skin. “I didn’t think it would kill her!” he said.

“Hmm.” I wrenched my arm away from him. “Maybe you should have thought of that before you did it eh? What did you put in the wine anyway?”

He swallowed again. “An insecticide. I took some bug spray and put it in the wine.”

I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. Bug spray? That wasn’t something you heard every day. In Snow White when she ate the poisoned apple, I wonder if there was bug spray on it.

“I put a lot of bug spray in it,” he said.

“Well,” I said. “that could certainly kill someone as dainty as Violet.” I headed towards the door.

He stepped in front of me. “Someone told me it would be a good prank. I was kind of mad at her alright?”

I shook my head. “Enough to kill her? Sheesh, there’s a lot of people in this town with anger management problems. Now if you’ll excuse me,” I stepped past him and reached towards the door handle, “I have some news to report to my fellow friends.”

He suddenly grabbed my shoulders, spun me around and pressed me against the door. “You,” he breathed, “aren’t going anywhere.”

And then…. Well, this is extremely embarrassing, but I really thought he was going to kiss me. I mean, I know it didn’t make sense, (I looked as though I was about to turn him over to the cops, who would kiss someone who was about to do that?), but I did. And oh God, or Buddha, or whoever’s up there, please forgive me, because I know I already have a totally hot boyfriend who I could kiss at any time. But I just thought for some reason that Clark was about to kiss me at that moment.

But he didn’t. He just stood there, staring down at me.

It was time to take some action.

“Yes,” I pushed him off me so forcefully that he stumbled back, “I am. Goodbye Clark.” I turned around and walked out the door.

Ooooh lala ;) She got him to confess!! We are definetaly getting somewhere now.

56 pages!!!

#110 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

woot!!!
*GASP*
terrible, terrible clark.....!!!!!
how rude of him! bug spray? A LOT of bug spray???tsk tsk tsk
ayways, update soon!!!!!!

#111 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

but, omgosh, she sounds totally Sherlock Holmes!!!!!!
again, update?

#112 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

Does she? I've never read sherlock holmes, and I never want to :icon_redface:

I actually hate most mysteries, but some are okay.

#113 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

Ah, yessssss he admitted. Very good. I bet Paul and Jesse (especially Jesse) are gonna be angry with her for going without them.

Update soon!! Let's see if we can have another one today, HUUUH?!?! hehe.

Luv
Jamie

#114 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

ANOTHER ONE???????????
lol mayyyyybe.

I just realized that Father Dom hasn't been in this story! :aiwebs_014:

#115 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

I'm pushy lol. Nah, just whatever you can do (:

I didn't even realize he hadn't been in it...are you gonna throw him into it? Haha.

Luv
Jamie

#116 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

I might.

How should I start the next chapter?

#117 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

i just meant she seems all detective is all
update?

#118 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

I'd love to but I'm blocked on what should happen in the next chapter.

Ideas?

#119 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

she should tell them about it, but that's all i know.
i think something else should happen with Ella too!

#120 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hmm, well it's probably strange but I want some protective Jesse and sarcastic Paul banter. Lol.

Oh, and Ella would be cool too.

If ya just come up with a first sentence, I can usually go from there lol.

#121 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Starting out is the hardest part. Once I've written about 2 paragraphs then I'm fine. But before that I'm like a brick wall (my mind I mean).

#122 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

well, just start out with something like "As I went home.." or "When I got home..." and go from there :)

PS add a little Doc?

#123 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

I got it!!!!
Okay, the wall is gone. Thanks for your help guys.

#124 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

np :D

#125 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Update !!!!!

xxxLeanniexxx

#126 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

Well, I got past the wall and wrote the next chapter. I may or may not write anything tomorrow, depending on how much time I get on the compuer. Anyway. Enjoy!Chapter nineteen:

“Hey! What happened to the lucky charms?” Dopey asked.

“They went home,” I said, brushing a fuzzball off my jean jacket.

He leaned against the refrigerator and glared at me. “And where exactly would that home be?”

“My stomach.” I spooned up some ice cream and took a bite.

“SUZE!!!” he yelled. “Why do you always take all the food? I was really looking forward to those lucky charms!!!”

“I beg to differ,” I said, savoring the sweet goodness of vanilla. “I came home the other day, and to my horror I found that all the lucky charms were gone. Not only that, but it was in a moldy garbage. Don’t you people ever take out the garbage?”

“I second that,” Doc said, strolling into the room. “Suze came in and made her presence known by interrupting my experiment and crying in my room about how starving she was. Scientists say-“

“So you ate all the Lucky Charms this time? Make the rest of us suffer with you why don’t you?” his voice rose. I had a sudden vision of him climbing on a chair, beating his chest, and doing a Tarzan roar.

“Relax Dope- er, Brad. It’s payback,” I scraped the spoon around the bottom of the bowl and ate the last bites.

He started toward me, but Doc stepped in between me and him.

“Hey,” he said. “Stop. She deserves it.”

“Awww thanks Doc.” I set down my bowl, remembering too late to call him David. He didn’t notice.

Just then, Sleepy came wandering in. He walked up to the cupboard, looked in, then turned back towards us.

“What happened to the lucky charms?” he asked.

“They went home,” Dopey deadpanned.

I got up and left the kitchen.

“Okay. So you put these buds in your ear and then you hit the middle button when you’re ready to listen to the recording,” I said.

Querida,” Jesse said, “What exactly am I listening to?”

“Oh just a conversation I had with Clark yesterday,” I said, waving my hand. “No, not like that, you put it in like this…”

“Clark?” Jesse almost dropped the MP3 I had placed in his hand. “You went to see Clark yesterday?”

“Uh huh,” I said, “Now, see that button right there? That’s called-“

“With or without Paul?” Jesse said. His face was turning red.

“Um,” I said. “Without. But Jesse-“

You went to see Clark by yourself?” Now Jesse looked mad. Really mad. Not that I hadn’t been expecting it, but still. Didn’t he think I could deal with Clark without him or Paul?

“Yes.” I took the ear buds out of his ears and re-adjusted them. “But Jesse, it’s not like I didn’t know what I was doing. I even-“

Jesse took the ear buds out of my hands, grabbed my shoulders and stared down at me. It was a lot like what Clark had done, and, once again, I had the thought that he was going to kiss me. Except this time I didn’t feel guilty. Because he was, you know, my boyfriend.

“Susannah,” Jesse said. He sounded like he was trying to keep from strangling me. Or something. More likely something, seeing as it was unlikely he wanted to strangle me. “Clark is a murderer. “Supposedly,” he added. “He could have killed you. Why on earth did you go over there without anyone to accompany you?”

I crossed my arms in front of me, which was kind of hard considering that Jesse was blocking that area with his body. But I managed.

“Jesse,” said defensively, “I know how to take care of myself. I’ve come across many murderers in my life time, and-“

“..you usually had to get rescued by someone else.” Jesse cupped my face in his hand and looked down at me. “Querida didn’t I tell you not to do anything rash?”

“Hey,” I said, trying to ignore the feeling of his hands underneath my chin. Which was really hard. “I got him to confess didn’t I?”

“You are never going out of my site again,” he said, staring at me with his deep brown eyes.

Those words sent shivers up and down my spine. I don’t know if he meant to be, but this was awfully romantic. I was about to kiss him when Paul entered the library.

“Well, look at the lovebirds,” he smirked. He obviously hadn’t gotten used to the thought of me and Jesse yet. Too bad. It would make things a lot easier.

Jesse stepped away from the close position he was in and turned towards Paul. He arched his eyebrow.

“So,” Paul said. “What did you want to show me?”

“A recording,” I said.

He raised his eyebrows. “Of what?”

“Of…..” I glanced at Jesse but he was looking at me with his arms crossed. “Um, a conversation I had with Clark yesterday?”

Paul stood up. “You went to see Clark?” He looked at Jesse. “With-“

“No, I did not honor her with my presence, mostly because I didn’t know she was going.” Jesse continued to stare me down.

I backed up against a bookshelf. “Come on guys, look on the bright side. At least I got him to confess right?”

“Suze, you could’ve been killed,” Paul pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. “Have a little faith in me will ya? Now here, I have a recording I want you to listen to.” I handed one ear bud piece to Jesse and one to Paul.

“Susannah what is this?” Jesse asked, staring down at it.

“It’s an ear bud. You put it in your ear and sound comes out of it.” When he didn’t move I sighed. “Put it in your ear! It’s not going to bite.”

“I should think not…” Jesse slowly put it in his ear, and Paul hit the middle button on my MP3. Jesse jumped as the sound went into his ear. I watched their faces as they listened.

Jesse’s fists slowly clenched tighter and tighter as he listened to it. Then suddenly he snatched the MP3 out of Paul’s hand. “How do you stop this thing?” he asked.

Paul leaned over and hit a button, showing no emotion whatsoever.

Jesse walked over to me and stared at me. It was extremely unnerving.

“Susannah,” he said, in a voice that sounded like it was trying not to shake. “Do you have any idea how much danger you were in? You could’ve gotten trapped in that house with that….that…. boy,” he spat the word like it was poison. Or bug spray.

“That’s true,” I said. “But I probably could’ve knocked him out if he tried to um….do something…..” One look at Jesse’s face told me that was not the right thing to say.

Querida.” He reached out and hugged me. Just a hug. A gesture of love. I hugged him back.

“Uhhh,” Paul said, obviously uncomfortable. I pulled away from Jesse and grabbed my MP3.

“Well,” I said. “One down, one to go. Then we’ll finally be done with this whole thing.”

Heh heh.

#127 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

Aww poor Paul :(

xxxLeanniexxx

#128 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

Haha... I like it.
so... maybe a little father d in there???? that'd really make me happy. I miss his fatherly awesomeness!!! ^_^
Update when you can! :user:

#129 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Adorable (: The thing with Jesse and the mp3 was funny. Haha.

Luv
Jamie

Ps-UPDATE!

#130 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Adorable (: The thing with Jesse and the mp3 was funny. Haha.

And you made him protective! Yesssss! lol

Luv
Jamie

Ps-UPDATE!

#131 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

I'm writing the next chapter right now. It should be ready soon. by the way, how was your guys thanksgiving?

#132 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

Mine was...calm. I didn't really do much. All my family comes to my house. We just ate and sat around and watched tv and acted goofy lol. It was nice (:

How was yours? =)

Luv
Jamie

#133 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:35 PM

NOT calm.
All my Aunts and uncles and cousins came over, and it was pretty chaotic. My family is LOUD!!!! Me and my friend were in my bedroom, and we heard everyone in the kitchen start cheering and yelling stuff suddenly, so we went into the kitchen to see what the commotion was, and they suddenly started yelling our name and taking our picture and we were like ".....what?...."

The dinner was delicious though. But I was tired the whole day, and I ate too much pie and got sick.

Other than that it was okay though.

My family is weird.

#134 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

Okay! There's now twenty chapters! Here's the next one. It's short but.... yeah. Enjoy!

Chapter twenty:

Guess what.
The note bounced onto my desk. I looked over at Paul and he nodded at my pencil. I sighed and wrote back.

What?

I think this is a bad idea.

I frowned. What’s a bad idea?

Going to see Ella.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

What’s so bad about that?

You could get hurt.

Well DUH. I’ve done this before though. I could just punch her in the nose if she tried to hurt me.

Suze…

It’s true!

Look, you ARE taking me and Jesse with you right?

Of course
. I had a feeling my female powers wouldn’t work on Ella. I needed some boys along.

Have you talked to Father Dominic about this yet?

Oops. Poor Father D. I’d forgotten all about informing him.

Uh….no. I guess I’ll have to do that.

Do it now.

Now? We’re in the middle of class!

So? That’s never stopped you before. He smirked.

Fine whatever. I stood up.

“Going somewhere Miss Simon?” Mr. Bazel asked.

“Yes…” Oh great. How was I supposed to get out of class? I did my best to look ashamed. “I
cannot hold it in any longer. I must go to confess to Father Dominic.”

He looked at me closely. I looked down at my feet, pretending to be drowning in my agony.

“Er, well, Fine, but hurry back.” He handed me a hall pass and shooed me out of the room. Paul gave me a thumbs up.

I knocked softly on the door to Father D’s office. I wondered how mad he’d be that I hadn’t told him.

“Come in,” he said. I opened the door and peeked in.

“Susannah!” he said. “What are you doing out of class?”

“Uh,” I said. “I’ve got something to tell you.”

“Well.” He said. “Come in.”

I sat down across on the other side of his desk and twiddled my thumbs. He waited.

Finally, when I didn’t say anything, he said, “You wanted to tell me something..?”

“Yeah,” I said. Okay deep breath. It’s better now than never. “So, um, about a week ago, I got a visit from a ghost named Violet.”

And then I told him everything, starting with her shaking me awake, and ending with my plans to see Ella and ask her about the murder.

“Well.” He said when I was done. Then “Well.”

“I know I probably should’ve told you but, I was, you know, busy.” Math was long since over by this time. Mr. Bazel was probably thinking I’d committed a murder and was confessing that by how long I was taking.

“Susannah, I thought I made it clear that you were supposed to tell me when things like this happened,” he said, looking rather pale.

“Right.” I said. “I was going to. But then I…well, didn’t.” The truth was, I’d forgotten all about telling him. But give me a break alright? I’d like to see everyone else try ghost busting.

“I find this rather disturbing, and I agree with Jesse. It was extremely foolish of you to pay a visit to Clark without bringing anyone along, or even telling anyone where you where!” Father Dom looked like he was about to faint. “Imagine if something had happened!”

I yawned and stretched back in the seat. “Look, I’ve done this before. I know how to take on a guy. Plus, Clark looked pretty weak. I bet he doesn’t even know how to throw a punch.”

Father D sighed. “How many times must I tell you that violence is not the answer?”

He then went off into a lecture about peace and holiness and being kind to thy neighbor’s. Um, that’s all very nice, but I don’t think you have to be kind to your neighbors if they’re trying to kill you.

I leaned back in my chair and zoned out until he said, “I don’t think you should go to Ella’s and confront her.”

“Why not? I got Clark to confess. Ella can’t be much harder.”

Father Dom sighed. “Tell me Susannah, did you do anything when you were at Clark’s to…ummm…” he blushed, “persuade him?”

I looked at him. “You mean use my ‘Sexual Female Powers’?”

His blush deepened.

I yawned again. “I’m not going to answer that question.”

He frowned, “It’s very wrong of you to take advantage of a boy by-“

I waved him off, “I didn’t DO anything. I just wore a short skirt and stuff.”

“Er, well,” he seemed flustered. “Good.”

“Look,” I said. “It’s not that I’m not enjoying this chat, but I should probably be getting back to class.”

“Right,” he said. “Class.”

I stood up and turned towards the door, when he said “Oh and Susannah?”

“Yes?” I paused with my hand on the doorknob.

“Be careful.”

I smiled. “Relax. I know what I’m doing.”

“That,” he muttered as I left, “is exactly what I’m afraid of.”

#135 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Haha my family is loud too. And I mean, REALLY LOUD. It wasn't as bad yesterday since my loudest cousin wouldn't stop playing playstation, but still. Used to whenever they were all coming over my brothers and me would say that utter chaos was on it's way haha (:

Loved the update! I'm glad you threw father Dom in there! He's so funny.

"Sexual feminine powers" hahah! That was good =D

Update soon! With Jesse! Lol.

Luv
Jamie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users