• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#46 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Okay, here's the next chapter. I know it's not very good but I was kinda stuck as what I should do in this chapter. I already know what's going to happen, but sometimes I get stuck on how to get it there. Anyway, here is it. Hope you like it. :)

Chapter seven:

Isabella…. Isabella….. Do I know anyone named Isabella? Need to ask CeeCee about that, I made a mental note.

“Pssssssst.” I looked up to see Paul standing over me. He sat down in the seat across from me.

“Where were you?” he asked.

“Where was I when?” I blinked at him.

“Yesterday! After school! We were going to study French! Remember?”

Oh yeah…. I did remember. I guess I’d gotten too caught up in the whole mystery of Violet to remember at the time though.

Paul must’ve read from my expression what I was thinking, since he said “That’s what I thought.” He leaned down and hauled some books out of his backpack. “I brought some French books. Shall we get started?” He flipped one of them open and read "As-tu mangé?"

“What does that mean?”

“Did you eat?” he shrugged.

“Oh.” My stomach growled. “No, I forgot to eat again.”

“In that case, here madam.” He handed me an apple. “Don’t let the librarian see you with that.”

“An apple. What a coincidence.” I murmured.

I munched away while Paul muttered random sentences in French and named various adjectives of how someone might feel if they were in that sentence.

“Le chat s'est assis sur le tapis,” he read. “I would feel rather Écrasé in that if I was the carpet.”

I almost choked on my apple. “W-what?”

“It means ‘the cat is seated on the carpet.’ I said I would feel squashed if I was the carpet.”

I looked at him. “Do you really need my help in French? Because I’m usually asleep in that class.”

He shook his finger at me. “You little indiscipline fille you.”

I raised my eyebrow. “And that means….?”

“You little naughty girl. Now,” he shoved his French books aside. “Let’s get down to business. Did you find Katie?”

I nodded. “Yeah. Apparently she was just the babysitter for Violet, and didn’t really like her. She answered basically all my questions, except who the host of the party was. But luckily, I got Violet to answer that question. “

Paul’s eyebrows shot up.

“She came back last night in the middle of the night. After some persuading, I got her to tell me who hosted the party.”

“And who did?”

“Isabella.”

“And she is….?”

“I have no idea.” By that time I’d finished my apple, so I placed the core on the table and leaned forward. “Whoever she is, Violet does not want her ex boyfriend Clark to go out with her.”

Paul perked up. “That just gave me an idea!”

I waited.

“What we need to do is find Clark and ask about Isabella. Do you have any idea where he lives?”

“No.” My hair made a nice swirling motion as I shook my head. “But I have a feeling it’s on Callerson’s Drive. We could go there and ask if anyone knew where he lived.”

He got up. “Laissez-nous aller. Let’s go.”

I gave him a surprised look. “We can’t go now!”

“And why not?” He crossed his arms.

“Well, I mean, I can go, since my grades already suck. But you’re a straight A student! You can’t leave in the middle of school!”

He looked amused. “You use interesting logic. Once again, I repeat, let’s go.” With that, he got up and left the library. I had no choice but to follow after him.

Wow that was short. Oh well. Tell me what you think!
-Dramagirl

#47 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!
gone for two days and its CRAZY!!!!!!!
wow. just...wow.
update?

~ :mgbumblebee:

Edited by bookwormwriter98, 14 November 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#48 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

That was awesome!!! :icon_study: Yeah and thanks for the ff info. I've been a member for like a week but I'm still not sure how to do the green box thing :icon_redface: hahaha update soon!!!!

#49 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

ff does.... but the main story thread doesn't. They had that question on the FAQs. The main story section is here: http://forums.megcab...hp?showforum=50

thanks again well I guess ifiguredit out!!!

#50 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

wow. just...wow.
update?

lol. I'm hoping that wow is good? ;)

That was awesome!!! :icon_study: Yeah and thanks for the ff info. I've been a member for like a week but I'm still not sure how to do the green box thing :icon_redface: hahaha update soon!!!!

You're welcome! :D

#51 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

I guess this is kind of soon, but here's the next update. :badgrin:

Chapter eight:

“Who are you?” Clark asked.

Clark was a rather short boy, with sandy brown hair and big blue eyes that were staring at us confusedly. I’d been getting an awful lot of confused looks lately. Like from Paul when no one knew where Clark lived.

By the time we got to Callerson Drive, I had been starting to regret our plan. What did we plan on doing, just walking up to random strangers and asking we’re Clark Lawrr lived? He might not even live on Callerson Drive!

Paul didn’t seem quite as worried. He was calling out to random people every five minutes and asking if they knew where Clark lived. They didn’t.

Finally, he slowed down long enough to realize this technique wasn’t working. He excused himself and went into a random gas station.

While he was there, I started thinking. Had Violet said anything about where Clark lived? That’s when I got the idea.

Violet! I would ask her. If I called her, she probably wouldn’t come, but it was worth a try. Better then the way we were doing it before.

“Violet!” I called. I decided to go behind the Gas station where no one was at, so that a passerby wouldn’t hear me and decide to throw me in a nuthouse.

“Violet!” I yelled. “I need your help!” I winced. I may have gotten more open to help since when I first started mediating, but it was still hard to admit when I did.

I was just about to give up and go back to the front of the Gas station (it was kind of gross back here, with all this gas leaked onto the pavement) when Violet materialized.

“What do you want?” she asked in a voice that was pretty rude, considering all that I was doing for her.

“Hey.” I said. “Watch your tone.”

She rolled her eyes. I really did think for a minute that she was about to say ‘You’re not the boss of me’ but luckily he changed her mind.

“What is it?” she asked. “Because, you know, I’m a busy person. I have stuff to do. I could have left you hear shouting at nothing while I went and spooked salon ladies.”

Well that much was true. She didn’t have to appear. Still, I doubted the part about her being a very busy person. Seeing that she was, you know, dead.

I decided to cut right to the chase. “Where does Clark live?”

“What?” she asked, in the same rude voice.

“Clark! Your boyfriend! Where does he live?”

She eyed me suspiciously. “Why do you want to know?” she asked, as if she thought I was going to go and steal Clark from under her nose or something.

I decided not to explain about the whole Isabella thing. It’d be much simpler just to lie.

“I need to tell him that you love him, remember? And not to go out with Isabella?” Well that was true. I did. That just wasn’t all I needed to talk to him about.

“Oh.” She suddenly seemed to lose interest. “219 Callerson Drive. The big white house with the trimmed hedges in the front.” She flipped a strand of straight dark hair over her shoulder.

“Thanks.” I said. She didn’t move.

“…..Was there anything else?” I asked.

“No….” She looked troubled.

I waited.

“Well…..goodbye then.”

“Goodbye.” I left Violet standing in the back, frowning.

When I came back around to the front of the Gas station, Paul was waiting.

“Where were you?” he wanted to know.

“219 Callerson Drive. The big white house with the trimmed hedges in front.”

“What?”

“That’s where Clark lives.” I started walking. “Let’s go.”

“How do you know..?”

I gave him my best mysterious smile. “I have my ways.”

And that’s why we were standing at the front steps of a huge mansion, while this boy stared at us with an open mouth.

I cleared my throat.

“Um,” I said, sticking out my hand. “Hello. I’m Suze Simon.”

Clark stared at my hand as if it were a bright orange and green catapillar. He didn’t shake it.

Putting my hand back down by my side, I laughed nervously. “Right. So, uh, can we come in? We need to ask you some stuff.”

I probably should’ve explained just what I wanted to ask him, but then again, he didn’t ask.

Clark was silent.

“Please?” I asked.

“Fine.” He nodded at Paul. “Who’s the dude?”

“The dude…? Oh.” I gestured for Paul to come forward. “This is Paul Slater, my friend.”

“Right.” Paul said. He took a step towards the door. “May we….. come in?”

“Oh.” Clark stepped aside and opened the door wider. “Right. Sure. Come in.”

I stepped past him into a large room. There were marble floors and stone pillars that stretched to the ceiling. Weird.

There was a small table with a few letters and a picture of Violet. Paul stared at it as we walked past.

“Wow,” he whispered. “She was so beautiful.” I gave him a startled glance and he didn’t return my gaze. WEIRD.

“Alright,” Clark said, as we sat down in cushioned seats across from each other. “What did you want to ask me?”

Hope you like it! :angel1: Ahh I need to slow down before I lose all my readers to overwhelment. xD.

#52 emilyrigby

emilyrigby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

Pssh. You will never lose readers to "overwhelment"! Keep 'em coming!! Please?

#53 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

i liked it!!!
oh my god Clark has NO IDEA what hes in for! violet "spooking salon ladies" LOL!
update?

~bookie :mgbumblebee:

#54 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

Okay, next update. It's pretty short.

Chapter nine:

“Well,” I said.

I cleared my throat.

Well,” I said again.

Well, this was awkward. I wasn’t really sure how I was supposed to start. I couldn’t just blurt everything out. Okay, so like, you know your girlfriend? The one who’s dead? Yeah well, she came to me as a ghost in the middle of the night, cause I can, you know, see dead people. And her ghost told me to tell you that she loves you and not to go out with some person named Isabella. And she came to us instead of you because we’re mediators that see dead people…

Because that wouldn’t be creepy at all.

No, once again, I had to do what I (sort of) did best.

I had to lie.

“Well,” I said. “Okay, so me and Paul here,” I gave Paul a huge pat on the shoulder that made him jump, “We’re reporters for the school newspaper, and we wanted to ask you some questions about, um, Violet’s death.”

Clark’s shoulder’s sagged. This was obviously not a subject he liked discussing. “What about it?”

“Well,” I gave Paul a look as if to say help me out here! but he was staring at the photo of Violet. “I understand there was lots of food at the party?”

Clark suddenly sat up straight and clutched the arm rest on his chair. “There was probably something in it Violet was allergic to,” he said a little too loudly. “She’s, uh, allergic to lots of stuff!” He laughed nervously.

I gave him a weird look. “Right….. that’s what I was thinking.” I turned to Paul and gave him another smack on the arm. He jumped and turned away from Violet’s photo.

“So, what exactly do you think was in the food that Violet was allergic to?” I asked.

“Uhhhhhh, it might’ve been the vinegrette on the salad.”

I wish I’d brought a notebook. “And that is..?”

“Vinagar and oil. I think Violet told me once that she was allergic to it.” He nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah! I know she did.”

“But don’t you think it’s weird that she didn’t ask someone what was on the salad before eating it?” Paul piped up. I mouthed thank you to him.

“I don’t know. She was a little overexcited that night. You know, all those rich people.” He smiled a shaky grin, which I thought was kind of weird. Shouldn’t he be more sad? He just seemed nervous. Well, maybe it was the whole interview thing.

“Was her allergy so bad that it would kill her???” I asked.

Clark hopped up, “I think it’s getting a little late, I’ll have to cut this interview short. Sorry about that!”

I stood up slowly. Something was wrong with this picture. “Ok….. by the way, can you tell us where Isabella lives?”

He twiddled his thumbs nervously “W-why?”

“We understand she hosted the party, we just wanted to interview her and get her side of the story.” Seeing Clark’s frightened look, I added, “She must feel awful. I’ll bet Violet didn’t even tell her she was allergic. I hope Isabella’s not blaming herself.”

Clark seemed to relax. “Yeah, she feels pretty bad about it.” He looked out the window. “She lives on the next block, in the marble mansion with the pillars in front. It looks kind of like the white house.”

“Thank you.” I reached out to shake his hand, but he kept them at his sides. “Well, we’ll just be going now.” I started out the door, then remembered something and turned back. “Oh and Clark?”

“Yeah?” he seemed distracted.

I brushed my black hair out of my eyes and looked at him. “Violet wants you to know that she loves you, and she wants to warn you not to go out with Isabella.” With that, I turned on my heel and left him standing there with an open mouth. I shut the door.

“What was that all about?” I asked Paul.

#55 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

Paul:well, *I* have no idea
me: (muttering) as you normally don't [team Jesse!]
Jesse: well, i presume that.....
Suze: when did YOU get here??????
Jesse: well, i love you, and Ella (short for Isabella) is a b*itch who poisoned Violet and wanted to steal Clark, and Clark was REALLY nervous because he was in on the killing, they purposely poisoned her
Me: oh, Jesse..... :heartbeat: :wub: :heartbeat:
Suze: how do you know that?
Jesse: i have my ways *winks at me*
Me: **SWOON**
Paul: why can't *I* ever get the girl????
Me Suze and Jesse: because you're a d*uche and an IDIOT!!!!!!
Paul: well, GARSH!
Suze and me: plus Jesse is WAY HOTTER!!!!!
Jesse: :blush: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:
Paul: :mad: :biting:
Me: Paul, don't get your panties in a bunch
Suze and Jesse: LOL!!!!!!!!
Paul: *walks away*
Jesse: now that we're rid of him......
*kisses me, then Suze*
Jesse: ah, my two leading ladies
Suze and I: *giggle giggle*
HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!
~~~~THE END~~~
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
update soon please?????

Edited by bookwormwriter98, 15 November 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#56 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

Paul:well, *I* have no idea
me: (muttering) as you normally don't [team Jesse!]
Jesse: well, i presume that.....
Suze: when did YOU get here??????
Jesse: well, i love you, and Ella (short for Isabella) is a b*itch who poisoned Violet and wanted to steal Clark, and Clark was REALLY nervous because he was in on the killing, they purposely poisoned her
Me: oh, Jesse..... :heartbeat: :wub: :heartbeat:
Suze: how do you know that?
Jesse: i have my ways *winks at me*
Me: **SWOON**
Paul: why can't *I* ever get the girl????
Me Suze and Jesse: because you're a d*uche and an IDIOT!!!!!!
Paul: well, GARSH!
Suze and me: plus Jesse is WAY HOTTER!!!!!
Jesse: :blush: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:
Paul: :mad: :biting:
Me: Paul, don't get your panties in a bunch
Suze and Jesse: LOL!!!!!!!!
Paul: *walks away*
Jesse: now that we're rid of him......
*kisses me, then Suze*
Jesse: ah, my two leading ladies
Suze and I: *giggle giggle*
HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!
~~~~THE END~~~
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
update soon please?????

Well, that was, um, interesting...
LOL.
Don't be too quick to create the rest of the story though! :blink:

#57 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

i know!
i just started with Paul and then Me and felt the need to keep going....LOL!!!!!!

#58 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

He totally killed her !!

He wanted to be with Isabella !!

Who is allergic to vinegar ???

Anyway update soon !!

xxxLeanniexxx

#59 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

Here's my theory:
Clark was cheating on Violet with Isabella and fearing that Violet was going to find out (because she said something to suze about him not going out with her she obviously had her suspicions) he helped Isabella (who hates Violet as much as Violet hates her) put the poison in her food and then make sure she was served that food. It would look like she died of an allergic reaction because she's allergic to so much.
Haha well that's just my theory! Can't wait to find out if I'm right!!
Which I would need an update for... So update update update!!!!!
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :icon_study: :icon_study: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :spinstar: :spinstar: :lol:

#60 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

Next update! I wrote this last night, and I would've posted it, but I decided to wait.

Chapter ten:
Cheerios, puffins…. Don’t we have any lucky charms? I wondered.

Despite the apple Paul had given me, I’d come home starving, and decided to do something about it for once. The problem, however, was that we didn’t appear to have any food. Well, no lucky charms at least.

That’s what happens when you have three food guzzling stepbrothers. All the food goes down the drain (or, more accurately, down their throats).

In one last hope, I walked over to the garbage and peaked in. There was an old empty box of lucky charms, with mold sprouting off the box.

Gross. I wrinkled my nose. Didn’t anyone ever empty the garbage around here?

I closed the lid to the garbage and stomped up the stairs to Doc’s room. I threw open the door.

Doc looked up from where he appeared to be examining a frog.

“Ew! Doc- I mean David, what is that?” I asked.

He blinked. “It’s a frog. Frogs are amphibians in the order Anura, formerly referred to as Salientia. Most frogs are characterized by a short body, webbed digits, protruding eyes and the absence of a tail. Frogs are widely known as exceptional jumpers, and many of the anatomical characteristics-“

I covered my ears. “I know what a frog is!!!!” I stared at him. “What did you do, memorize Wikipedia?”

He blushed. “Um, actually yes.”

I shook my head in wonder. “What I meant was where did you get it?” I slowly walked over to where he was sitting at his desk. “And why is it in our house?”

He looked defensive. “I was performing an experiment. It’s a step in the scientific method that arbitrates between competing models or hypotheses-“

“An experiment? What were you going to do, cut it open?”

Doc jutted out his chin. “It being the subject of an impersonal verb without reference to agent, the grammatical subject of a clause of which the actual subject is another clause or phrase following, the antecedent of a relative pronoun from which it is separated by a predicate, and much more. However, after thoroughly examining it, I have come to this conclusion: This frog appears to be a he.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Anyway, what’s this experiment for?”

He looked nervous. “Uh, school.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Really.” I leaned forward and put my hands on his desk. “Listen,” I said. “I don’t care about your stupid frog.” He blushed. “Just make sure that it’s gone by the time Mom get’s home. The reason I barged into your room like this,” I brushed a strand of hair out of my eyes, “is because I wanted to ask what happened to the lucky charms????”

Doc blinked at me. Again. I’d been getting blinked at a lot lately. I decided to blink right back at him.

“What?” Doc asked.
“The lucky charms. It’s a brand of cereal that’s very tasty.” If everyone was going to go around rambling off descriptions, I might as well join in. Too bad I didn’t have a dictionary living in my brain.

“There used to be three boxes of them.” I closed my eyes, imagining the tasty sweetness of my favorite cereal. Then I opened my eyes. “Now there’s just one. And it appears to be rotting in the garbage. So I repeat:” I cleared my throat. “What happened to the lucky charms?”

He kept blinking. “I imagine they were eaten Suze.”

I sighed. This was all too much. First the disappearance of Violet’s life, now the disappearance of my favorite cereal….. I flopped down on his bed.

His forehead creased in concern. “What’s wrong Suze?”

I groaned. I rested my chin on my hand and looked at Doc. I knew he could probably handle it, but I’d never shared any of my mediating business with him (except for who Jesse was), and I wasn’t about to start.

The thing was, it just didn’t seem quite right. Why would Violet die just because of some vinegar? Why would she even eat it in the first place?

That’s when I remembered. She said she’d collapsed during the main meal. Maybe I was wrong, but salad was not a main meal. It was an appetizer. It was possible she could have had a delayed reaction, but somehow I doubted it….

Something was fishy here. Clark was lying about her dying because of the salad. I was sure of it.

The question was, why????

Maybe I would find out tomorrow, when I went to visit Isabella.

I’d discussed it with Paul on the walk back to school, and we’d decided to meet up at lunch and head over to Isabella’s house. I wasn’t sure what I was going to say, but I guess I’d decide once I got there. It’d worked well enough with Clark.

Suddenly an idea hit me. What if I went to the hospital where she died and asked if there was anything in her body at the time? Maybe they would be able to tell if she’d eaten vinegar or something.

The problem was, I didn’t have any way to get to the hospital. Mom and Andy were out going shopping for food (they were planning some sort of ‘big meal’), and Sleepy had used the kid’s car to go to work.

I could call Paul and ask for a ride, but he’d said he’d be busy tonight. That left only one other option.

Jesse.

I hadn’t talked to him since the day that Ella had been over, but I knew he’d probably be willing to take me. He’d gotten a car since he’d come back alive (I could still hardly believe he even knew how to drive), and he’d taken me places before in it.

I got up slowly and walked into the hallway, muttering some excuse to Doc. I took a deep breath, picked up the phone, and dialed.

Hope you liked it! I decided this story had gone a little too long without any Jesse in it, so there'll be some of that in the next chapter.
Comment!
:icon_study:

Edited by Dramagirl221, 16 November 2010 - 12:15 PM.

#61 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
something DID smell FISHY...............
oh my god, now we're on to something!!!!!!!!!!
updates ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#62 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

I bet that she is going to end up in Ella's house when she goes visiting Isabella.

Explain your way out of that one Jesse!

xxxLeanniexxx

#63 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

I bet that she is going to end up in Ella's house when she goes visiting Isabella.

Explain your way out of that one Jesse!

xxxLeanniexxx

Wait I don't get it.
What does Jesse have to do with that?

#64 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

Well he will have to explain knowing the supposed killer !!!

xxxLeanniexxx

#65 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well he will have to explain knowing the supposed killer !!!

xxxLeanniexxx

I've already written some of the next chapter and I'll say this much: He's gonna be explaining quite a bit in that chapter.

#66 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

I can't wait !!

xxxLeanniexxx

#67 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

gasp!
EGADS MON!!!!!!!!!
post that the same MINUTE you finish!!!!!!!!!
is EXCITED!!!!!!!!
update soon?PWEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE???

#68 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

Yay! I finished! Sorry, it took me a while, I had to do some research...

Chapter eleven:

“So let me get this straight,” Jesse said.

We were sitting in the front seats of his car as he drove to the hospital, and I had just revealed my plan to him. He appeared to have some sort of problem with it, although I couldn’t imagine what. It was a genius plan in my opinion.

“You want me to walk in there, find the doctors who tried to save Violet, find out if they did an autopsy, and tell them I’m in medical school doing research for something in my class, and ask if I could see the autopsy?” he asked.

I smiled and nodded. See what I mean? Genius. Jesse had recently gotten accepted into a nearby Medical school, and he was starting next year. Didn’t people who were in medical school have special rights at hospitals or something?

“But Susannah, that’s lying! Not only am I not doing this for a class, I haven’t even started at the school yet, and I won’t be for another year!”

Oh. The lying thing. I’d forgotten about that. Jesse was new to this mediating stuff, he hadn’t really realized yet that sometimes the only way to get what you want is to lie.

“It’s not lying,” I argued, “You have gotten accepted there right?”

“Yes…” he nodded slowly.

“And you do plan on going next year don’t you?” I continued.

“Yes, but-“

“So you might as well already be going there! You’re already on some sort of list at that collage.” I finished.

“But I’m not.” Jesse said. “I’m not going there yet. It’s not final.”

I grunted and slumped back in my seat. “Sounds pretty final to me.”

“Look,” Jesse pointed out, “Let’s say I did do what you were asking of me. I might not even get to see it anyway! That’s top secret stuff, usually only immediate family can see that.”

“Then I’ll pretend to be Violet’s sister,” I said.

Jesse was silent. I wasn’t looking at him, but I could tell he was upset.

I rolled over and looked at him. “Please Jesse. You’re right, it might not work, but we have to try. You want Violet to be able to move on, don’t you?” I gave him my best bambie eyes. “Please?? For me?”

He groaned and looked out the window. The car filled with silence.

I decided to change the subject. “So… who is Ella anyway? Where did you two meet?”

He sighed. “Is that what’s been bothering you querida?”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

He pulled away from the curb he had stopped at and started driving again. “You seem upset about something. Is Ella what’s bothering you?”

“I’m not upset” I said defensively. “I just wanted to know who she is.”

He was quiet. Finally he said, “I was at the library the other day, and I was looking for some books. I had found a rather nice one, and I was sitting and reading it, when Ella came up. She said the book I was reading was one of her favorites, and asked me what I thought of it. We started discussing the book.”

“Oh.” So now he was talking to girls at the library and discussing books with them? I almost liked it better when he was a ghost. I know! I’m selfish and self centered but I can’t help it!

He paused. “I thought the way she was acting was rather inappropriate for a young lady and I told her so.”

I suddenly went into a coughing fit. Jesse looked up in alarm and pulled over. He handed me a water bottle (he has a stash of him in the glove compartment) and patted me on the back until I stopped.

“She was… f-flirting with you?” I finally choked out. “And you told her she was acting inappropriate?” It was almost funny. I wished I had been there to see the look on Ella’s face.

“Yes,” Jesse said. He still looked concerned. “Are you sure you’re alright Susannah?”

I laughed, which turned into a cough. “I’m fine,” I gasped. “What did she d-do after you told her that?”

He looked thoughtful. “She laughed. She laughed and said I was funny. I thought it was rather daft of her to think I was telling a joke.” He helped me get back into a more comfortable position. “I’d told her a few books I was interested in reading, and she said she had them at her house. She invited me over.” His face darkened. “I didn’t think it was quite right for a girl of her age to be inviting over a man she’d just met. So instead I simply told her where I lived and asked her to drop them off sometime if she would.”

So he hadn’t been cheating. Quite the opposite actually. I groaned. How dumb could you get? How could I possibly think he was cheating? Jesse was much too wonderful to do something like that.

Jesse took my groan as a sign of pain, rather than embarrassment at what I thought he was doing. “Are you certain you’re alright?” he asked.

“I’m going to be fine,” I said. I nodded at the steering wheel. “Drive.”

He drove.

Here’s a fact about hospitals: There’s a lot of ghosts in them. Most people who die at hospitals end up hanging around for a bit until they realize that they can leave. This explains why I was greeted by an old dead man as I walked in, and why a ten year old ghost girl gave me a sad look as I passed through the waiting room.

It was kind of creepy. I’m used to seeing ghosts, but it’s still unnerving to see so many at once.

As we passed room after room of doctors, I started feeling overwhelmed. How would we ever find the doctors who had tried to save Violet?

We went to the teen section of the building, devoted completely to teenagers. There was a doctor standing and talking to a nurse. When he was finished speaking, Jesse approached him.

“Excuse me sir,” he said.

The doctor looked up from a clipboard and saw us. He put it down on a table.

“Hello there, how may I help you?” he asked, in his best cheery voice. It seemed obvious that he’d just gotten some bad news. Maybe someone had died. I shivered.

“My name is Jesse de Silva, I’m in training to be a doctor, and I’m going to a medical school in Carmel,” Jesse started.

Wow, I thought. He’s actually doing it.

“I understand that a girl named Violet Callerson died here about a week ago?”

The doctors face fell. “Yes,” he said. “Such a pity. She died at such a young age. She had her whole life ahead of her…”

“I see,” Jesse said. “Well, I’m doing research for a class, and we are supposed to research one person’s death, learn about it, and give a presentation of what went wrong. Do you have any idea why she died?” he asked.

I held my breath. This was it. Would the doctor buy his lie?

“Well, we did an autopsy…” he said thoughtfully.

I let out a sigh of relief. So far so good.

“Is there any way I could see it by any chance?” Jesse asked.

The doctor straightened up. “I’m afraid I’ll need some sort of identification and school ID.”

Crap. This was going badly. Very badly.

“I’m Violet’s sister,” I blurted out.

The doctor turned to me.

“You are?” he raised an eyebrow. “The Callerson’s filled out a form of who their family members were, and it didn’t mention another daughter.”

I did my best to summer up a blush. “Well, they’re…..kind of ashamed of me,” I said, doing my best to look embarrassed. “I’m not exactly….what they were hoping for.” I looked down at my feet.

The doctor (his nametag said his name was Dr. Phillip) looked me up and down. Once again, I was wearing all black. I looked like someone out of a gang. Usually this didn’t work to my advantage, but in this case it was a good thing.

“I see,” he said sympathetically. “Do you live here in California?”

I nodded. “I live in San Francisco. I wasn’t informed of my sister’s death until after the funeral was already over.” I concentrated with all my might and was able to round up some tears. Doing my best imitation of a damsel in distress, I sniffled, “I wanted to find out what killed my sister, but I’m kind of jittery about that thing. Jesse here is far more informed in the area of medicine, and he had to do that presentation anyhow, so I asked him if by any chance he could look at the autopsy for me. I would know what killed her, and he would have a presentation.” I looked up and made my eyes as big and pathetic as possible. “Please.”

Dr. Phillip patted me on the shoulder. “There there,” he muttered. He looked over at the nurse for help, “Mary, can you please bring this girl some tissues please?” Turning back to me he said, “I’ll have to clear it up with some other people, but I’ll see what I can do.” He gave me one final pat on the shoulder and walked out of the room.

Jesse was staring at me. I gave him my best smile. “And that,” I said, “is how it’s done.”

He shook his head, “You’re the best actress I’ve ever seen,” he muttered. Turning away, he added, “And I’m not sure if it’s a good thing.”

I thought about Jesse’s meeting with Ella as we waited. He said she’d invited him over, and he’d refused because he thought it was inappropriate. Which meant he knew that she didn’t just plan on showing him some books….. proving Jesse wasn’t completely clueless. I’ll bet if someone in his time if a girl invited a man over, she would get thrown in jail or something.

The thought was so ridiculous that I snorted. Jesse looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

“This is the last time I’m going to lie like this, you understand?” he said.

“Whatever.” Seeing his annoyed look, I said, “I do appreciate this Jesse. I really do.”

He turned towards me, and I was about to kiss him when Dr. Phillip came in. He looked at me, then Jesse, then back at me, and looked unsure.

“Was I interrupting something?” he asked.

“Oh no,” I gave him my best winning smile. “We were just waiting for you to come back.”

“I see…” he said, not looking as if he saw at all. I kept smiling.

“Well,” he said. “I’m afraid I can’t let you see the autopsy, but I will inform you of what the results are.”

I saw Jesse perk up out of the corner of my eye.

Dr. Phillip took a breath. “It looks as if Violet’s body has an acute case of Pyrethrin poisoning. There are several things that could have caused this, although none of them are certain.”

I swallowed. “Pyrethrin? What’s that? “

Dr. Phillip started pacing the room, “It’s a common ingredient in Pesticides. It looks as if she came into contact with sone.”

“With some what? Pesticides?”

He nodded. “Quite a few, it appears, because she had a very strong dose in her body, and it sent her into a coma that it looks as if she’ll never come out of.”

I needed to sit down. “Violet? In a coma?”

He stopped pacing. “Yes, unfortunately, that is what happened when she collapsed. Pesticides can be found in many things, and there are many different kinds, so it is almost impossible to trace it back to what caused it.”

I started feeling faint. “Are there any in salads?”

He considered it. “On the lettuce, yes, there would be if not washed. However, it would not be enough to send her into a coma.”

My head was spinning. Coma? Coma? Violet was in a coma? Then why was she a ghost, wandering around? Shouldn’t she be trapped inside her body still, in an unliving yet undying state?

He had said that it was unlikely she would ever come out of it. Maybe that’s enough I thought. Maybe that’s enough to send her into her ghostly state.

Jesse had been quiet the whole time the Dr. Phillip was talking. Now he spoke up. “I think that’s all we need, thank you for your time.” He put his arm around me and led me out the door.

I could barely walk I was so shocked. I could faintly hear Jesse say goodbye to the nurse and lead me towards his car. He carefully helped me sit down and get seat belted, then he went around to the other side and climbed in.

“Well,” he said, when he was finally seated. “That was…..something.”

“Yeah,” I murmured.

“I guess this is a bigger case than you thought, hmm?” He started the engine.

“Yes,” my voice got stronger. I sat up more and adjusted the seat.

Jesse started pulling out of the parking lot. The night stars shone brightly overhead. “So now what are you going to do?” he asked.

“Find out what killed her.”

done done DUNNNNN. :icon_eek:
Lol. Enjoy!
-Dramagirl

#69 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

In a Coma??

Fanrtastic twist !!

Haha Jesse might need to get used to this lying thing !!

Update Soon !

xxxLeanniexxx

#70 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

Mm this is getting good (: Update soon please.

Luv
Jamie

#71 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

Oh yeah... I like. But just one question... why is Suze mean to Doc? In the books she was always nice to him, but in the post before that she was being all rude to him.. was it just because she was in a bad mood??? anyways other than that this is awesome!!!! update update update!!!!!

#72 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

oh my gosherness....
wow..........
ummmm, what just happened?
i mean, i know what happened but...yeah...
Jesse=not cheating :D Ella=slightly sl*tty Suze=violets sister??? (i know is not!) and Violet=in a coma, pretty much dead, because of PESTICIDE POISONING!
i still go with my previous theories that it was all Isabella (who is Ella) and her previous boyfriend Clark.....
anyways...update soon!

#73 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

Oh yeah... I like. But just one question... why is Suze mean to Doc? In the books she was always nice to him, but in the post before that she was being all rude to him.. was it just because she was in a bad mood???

Yep. She was starving and crabby and had a bunch of troubles, so she was being snappy. I felt bad making her be rude, but yeah.

#74 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Okay, here's the next chapter.
New rule: If you have a theory of what's going to happen in the story, please use a spoiler tag so that if you're right, it doesn't the spoil the story for people who don't know. Okay? Thanks!
:icon_lol:

Chapter twelve:

Bell out of order, please knock the sign read.

“Is this Carmel, or Oz?” I muttered, knocking.

The door opened. A plump lady with a blond bob and an apron opened the door. She looked at me curiously.

‘Yes?” I was surprised to find she had an irish accent.

“Hello. My name is Suze Simon, and this is my friend Paul Slater,” I gestured towards Paul. “We’re doing an article on,” I paused. This was tricky. People always reacted badly to the next part. I decided to make it as painless as possible.

“WearedoinganarticleonViolet’sdeathandwewerewonderingifwecouldinterviewIsabellabecauseweknowshehostedthepartysocouldwe?” I blurted out.

The lady stared at me. “I’m sorry darling, I didn’t quite catch that. Could you repeat it?”

I sighed. “We’re doing an article on Violet’s death and we were wondering if we could interview Isabella.”

“Violet,” the women thought. “Oooh yes, isn’t that that nice little lassie that passed out here the other night and died?” She patted her heart. “Poor little soul, she had her whole life ahead of her!”

I winced, “Yeah…..we know.”

“So can we interview her?” Paul asked.

The women leaned on the doorframe. “Well children, I really wish you could, but unfortunately little Izzy isn’t here right now.”

I gave Paul a confused look. “She isn’t? Where is she?”

The women shrugged. “Beidh mé darned, if I knew. What that little girly does in her free time is a mystery to me.” She held out her hand. “I’m Miss Murray by the way. You may call me Cassidy. Or Cass. I’m the maid, although I’m afraid I won’t be much longer.”

I shook her hand in a daze. “When will Isabella be back?”

“Well, it’s just a guess, but I’d be guessin never.” Cass leaned forward. “She’s long gone. The day after the party she packed up her bags and flew away like a little birdy.”

My mouth opened in shock. Behind me Paul said, “Sh-she’s gone?? Where? Why?”

Cass shrugged again. “I don’t know I’m afraid. She never stays in one place for long. She changed her name and moved away. Wouldn’t tell me where. She even changed her hair color.” She shook her head. “Such a pity. She had such pretty hair, she did.”

“She changed her name and moved away,” I repeated. “Why?”

Another shrug. “I told ya, I don’t know. My guess is that she felt guilty about that girly’s death at the party she hosted. What was that girl’s name? Oh yes, Violet.” She suddenly opened her eyes in alarm. “Oh my goodness! You must be freezing out there! Come in, come in, let me get you by the fire.”

We obediently followed her in. The house was very cozy, with a few bundles of blankets, a rocking chair, a couch sitting by the fire, a rug, and a few lamps. Cass led us over to it and seated us on the couch. She hit a switch and the fire turned on.
“So, Isabella felt guilty about Violet’s death, and so she moved away and changed her name?” I scratched my ear. “That sounds more like someone who was ashamed than someone who felt guilty.” Paul elbowed me. “What? It does!”

“Ashamed,” Cass shook her head sadly. “Yes, that sounds a lot like how Izzy might be feelin. She was always getting in trouble in the other places she lived.”

“She lived in other places?” Paul asked.

“Oh yes. She had a different names and different places many times. Her last name was Tori, and she lived in Seattle. She got expelled from her school though,” Cass shook her head again. “Izzy didn’t go lookin for trouble, she was a good girl mind you. But trouble always seemed to find her.” She stood up. “I’ll get you some cookies. They’re fresh!”

I looked at Paul. He looked at me. This was surprising. Isabella got in trouble a lot? And how did Cass know all this?

Cass came hustling back into the room. She handed Paul an oatmeal cookie, then me.

“Um, if it isn’t too personal, how do you know all this?” I asked.

Cass waved her arm. “Oh, I’m Izzy’s grandmother. I own this house actually. When I learned about the trouble Izzy darlin was having with her school in Seattle, I offered for her to come stay with me. I decided to be her maid while she was here. Heaven knows she needed one.”

I bit into the cookie. It was a welcome taste after the cereal I’d had for breakfast. “Where are her parents?” I asked.

“In Washington somewhere. I don’t know. Heaven knows they don’t bother with her very much, poor thing.” She started counting off on her fingers. “When Izzy got in trouble at her school in Washington, they sent her to a boarding school in New York. But trouble found her there too, so they sent her off to Georgia to live with her Auntie and Uncle. Well, trouble arose in that town and whaddya know, off she goes to Seattle. By this time her parents are quite angry with her, and they really don’t care about her wellbeing anymore, so long as she stays out of trouble. But, trouble found her in Seattle too, so I offered for her to stay with me here in Carmel. I thought we could make a fresh start for her. Lord knows she wanted one.”

I swallowed. Sheesh, this Isabella character had been all over. I wondered if she really was just an innocent girl who kept getting found by trouble, or if that was just what she told Cass.

“Isabella….is that her real name?” Paul asked.

Cass nodded. “Yes, it is. We decided we’d use her real name to make a fresh start, have her be able to be who she wanted, without having to hide from who she was with a fake name.” She shook her head again. Every time she did this, her curls bounced around her head.

“Poor thing,” Cass continued. “She just wanted to stay out of trouble, but she felt so guilty after the party that she decided to move again. She didn’t move very far away though, and she only changed her name a little.”

“Do you know where she moved to?” I asked.

Cass leaned forward. “This isn’t really for the school newspaper, is it?” she asked, with a knowing smile.

I gulped. “No.”

She smiled and patted my knee. “Don’t worry sweet, I won’t tell anyone.” She leaned back in her chair and thought for a bit. Then she said, “I’m afraid I don’t know where she’s gone. She’ll start sending me letters soon, but she won’t put her address on them. It can’t be very far though.”

“Do you….do you know what she changed her name to?” Paul asked hesitantly. I was almost
afraid to hear the answer.

“Hmm….” Cass was quiet. Finally she said, “I think it was……………….”

“………………..Ella.”

I swallowed. Hard.

Yep, you guys were right. Ella IS Isabella. I was trying not to make it so obvious, but I guess I failed. :krakrani:
Once again, comment what you think, and criticism is welcome.

#75 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!
i knew it!!!!!!!!!!
oh my gosherness, what is going to HAPPEN??????????
i still new it was Ella.
anyways, UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#76 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

Yay Yay Yay!!!

Is Jesse with them right there??

LOVE IT!!! Update soon please!!

#77 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

Is Jesse with them right there??

No, Jesse isn't with them, it's just Paul and Suze. She'll inform Jesse in the next chapter.

#78 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

Here's the next update! Woo hoo! My chapters are now as old as me. :icon_bigsmurf:
Remember, if you have a theory on what's going to happen, use a spoiler tag.

Chapter thirteen:

I am going to be having a very serious talk with Ella tomorrow, I promised myself silently when we had arrived back at school.

Pretending to write in my math notebook, I reconsidered. Or… maybe not so serious. Maybe I should just casually have a chat with her about the party and she’ll confess.

I started doodling aimlessly on my paper. Heck, I should just wing it. It worked with everyone else.

I slowly drew a girl punching a ghost in the margin of the paper. Why did it have to be ELLA? Why couldn’t it have been someone I didn’t….well, hate so much??!

I didn’t really have a REASON to hate Ella. Sure, she’d invited Jesse over, and she’d dropped off some books for him, but it was nothing more than that. She was just a girl who appeared to have a crush on my boyfriend, and if she was as good as her grandma Cass made her out to be, she would probably back off if I asked.

How do I even know that that’s the Ella she’s talking about? I colored in the girl’s hair black, and drew a line pointing at her, with the word Suze hovering over the line.

There could be MILLIONS of Ella’s in this town. The ghost screamed in horror as my girl’s fist met her nose.

….but there probably isn’t. UGH!!! WHY DOES MY LIFE HAVE TO BE SO UNFAIR??

“Miss Simon?” A hand reached out and grabbed the notebook I was doodling on ferociously. I looked up into the eyes of Mr. Bazel, my math teacher.

“I see you’ve become quite the artist.” He looked disgustedly down at my drawing. “Susannah, you do understand that we do not tolerate violence in this school, don’t you?”

“You don’t?” I blinked innocently at him. “Oh I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware I was being violent.”

He slammed my notebook down on his desk. “I do not appreciate your attitude Miss Simon. Please see me after class.” He turned back towards the chalkboard. “And please pay attention from now on!”

I decided not to point out that he’d taken my notebook, thus giving me nothing to write on. I settled for writing on the cover of my English notebook.

I really need to get rid of my attitude, it’s making me be rude to everyone I love, and getting me bad grades,
I added a mental note. I’ll work on that later, right now I’ve got, to use an expression best known in Little Mermaid, ‘bigger fish to fry.’ ***

Come on, please pick up, please pick up! I begged silently.

I was just about to hang up when Jesse’s voice appeared on the other line. “Hello?”

I jumped, startled by the sudden noise in the otherwise silent house.

“Jesse! It’s me.” Oops. That was dumb. I probably should’ve explained who ‘me’ was.

Luckily, Jesse recognized my voice. “Susannah! How are you?”

“I’ve been better.” I twisted the cord around my finger and considered how to ask. How was I supposed to explain to him that this girl he had met and talked to might be a supposed killer? There wasn’t a gentle way to break it.

“Is something wrong?” Jesse’s voice filled with concern, making me feel instantly better.

“Um,” I said. “That depends on how you look at it.”

“Did someone hurt you? Because if they did-“

“NO!” I laughed into the phone. “Why do you always assume someone hurt me if I say something’s wrong?”

“I always guess the worst case scenario,” Jesse said softly.

My stomach did a pleasant flip flop. I did my best to ignore it. There would be time for that later.

“Anyway,” I said. “So, you know Ella? That girl who brought you books?”

“Yes,” Jesse said. “Are you still upset with her? Because-“

“No,” I said. “Well, not exactly. Well, kind of, but for a different reason.”

“I’m listening,” Jesse said.

“Well,” I continued. “I went to Isabella’s house today. And Isabella’s maid- her grandmother actually answered.”

“Isabella’s grandmother is her maid?” Jesse asked, confused.

“I thought you said you were listening,” I teased.

“I am,” he said. “Continue.”

I decided to blurt it all out, being careful not to talk to fast.

“Well, apparently ‘trouble was always finding Isabella.’ She moved all around the country and changed her name and hair color a million times. And then she moved in to stay with her grandma/maid but after the party she felt guilty so she changed her name and moved not-so-far away.”

There was a moment of silence. I was guessing that Jesse was still processing what I said. So much for not talking fast.

“Alright,” Jesse said finally.

“But the thing is..” I continued nervously, “Rather than completely CHANGING her name she just….shortened it. To Ella.”

No response.

“Hello?” I shook the phone, making sure it was still connected.

“I’m here,” Jesse said pleasantly.

“Don’t you have anything to say?” I asked. Really, I’d expected a bigger response. Maybe even a shocked silence.

But this…

“Let me guess,” Jesse sounded amused. “You think that the Ella I met at the library is secretly Isabella, and she killed Violet.”

“Well…” I said. “Yeah.” Why didn’t he seem more upset about this? He knew a potential murderer!

“Susannah, there are millions of Ella’s in California, and in the WORLD! What makes you so sure that this Ella is the one?”

“That’s what I was thinking,” I switched the phone to my other ear. “But I’ve got to start somewhere, it might as well be with her. So can you tell me where she lives please?”

“So you can go ask her if she killed Violet?” Jesse asked, still sounding amused.

“Uh huh.” What was so amusing about this? It was someone’s death we were talking about!

“I’ll tell you,” Jesse said, “Under one condition.”

“What’s that?” I asked.

“You let me go with you,” he said.

“Why?” I asked. “You want to go defend poor innocent Isabella?”

He paused. “No…. I just want to make sure you don’t say anything too………………………….rash.”

“Rash? Me?” I was genuinely surprised. “I’m not rash. I’m never rash.”

This was interrupted by the sound of Jesse’s laughter.

“What? I’m not,” I insisted, annoyed.

He just laughed harder.

“Whatever,” I said. “Fine, you can come. Meet me at the library tomorrow at 2:00.”

I hung up.

Sorry that's so short. Hope you liked it!

#79 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

Nice (:

This should be an interesting visit, right? Haha.

#80 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

Yay yay yay!!!

Oooh I got another theory!!!

Spoiler

Lol I'm probably wrong anyway... But it can't hurt to guess right?!?!? Lol anyways

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

#81 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

whoa!!!!!
ohmygoshierz!!!!!!
please update!

#82 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

Kk, here's the next update. Sorry, it's not very good. And ilovemediator02, you maybe be right ;)

Chapter fourteen:

Ella’s house was small and brown. It looked more like an apartment than a house. Not surprising really. With all this moving around she was doing, she probably didn’t have very much money. I wondered how old she was.

Jesse stepped up to the door and rang the doorbell, then stepped back next to me. We waited.

After a few minutes, I said, “Maybe we should come back later.”

“I agree,” Jesse turned around. Suddenly the door opened.

Ella’s curious face peeked out. Her eyes widened when she saw me, and she smiled when she saw Jesse.

Yep. She most definitely had a crush on my boyfriend. Oh joy.

“Uh, hello again,” she said, smiling unsurely.

“Hi.” I cracked a half smile. “I’m writing a newspaper article for my school newspaper and I was wondering if I could interview you?”

“Um, sure…” he voice trailed over to Jesse. “What is he doing here?”

“I’m making sure she doesn’t kill you,” Jesse deadpanned. I wacked him in the arm. He smiled.

“Oh, uhhh okay,” she gave us a shaky smile, and opened the door wider. “Come in.”

“Thanks,” I barged past her into the house and looked around. It was pretty empty, with a table, some chairs, and an armchair. I looked past her main room and saw a small kitchen. Well, this wasn’t surprising. She had just moved in.

I flopped down in one of the chairs and smiled at her. She sat down uncertainly across from me. Jesse sat down next to me.

“I thought you said you weren’t going to lie anymore,” Jesse whispered to me out of the side of his mouth.

“I didn’t say that. I just said you don’t have to lie anymore. I can lie all I want.”

Jesse groaned. Ella raised her eyebrow questioningly.

“So, what did you want to interview me about?” she asked.

I folded my hands primly across my lap. “Where you at the party last week on Callerson Drive? I believe it’s where a girl named Violet died.”

Ella sucked in her breath. She looked at Jesse helplessly. Right. Like he was going to help her. He’s on MY side lady, I felt like saying.

“I just moved here a few days ago,” she said.

“Here to this house or here to Carmel?” I asked.

She sighed. It appeared that the only way she could get out of this was to lie.

“You do swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, right?” I added. Jesse nudged me. What? I mouthed.

Ella suddenly came to a decision. She sat up straight in her seat and said:

“My real name is Isabella. I used to live in a rather large house on Callerson drive, where I hosted the party Violet died at. I felt so guilty that she’d died at a party I hosted that I decided to start over. So I changed my name and hair color, and moved here, hoping for a fresh start. It looks as if that isn’t going to happen though.” She gave me a meaningful glance.

I blinked. In the back of my mind I’d been hoping that she would confess that fast, but I hadn’t actually expected it to happen.

Then I realized something. The only way she could get away with killing Violet was if she told the truth. Or…some of the truth at least. If she lied and acted like she’d just moved here, it would eventually be uncovered that she was lying, making her look guilty. However, if she acted like she just felt guilty, most people would accept that and move on with their questioning.

Not me though.

I kept smiling. “You’re one smart cookie, aren’t you?”

Jesse nudged me again. “What??” I demanded. He nodded towards Ella, who had paled visibly. She was clenching her jaw and looking extremely nervous. She must’ve realized I knew more than I let on.

“Look,” she said shakily. “Do you really have permission to ask these questions? Because they sure don’t seem like what you’d print in a school newspaper.”

“Oh, I have permission alright.” I smiled with fake assurance. Of course, I didn’t have permission. I wasn’t even on the school newspaper. But maybe she’d think I secretly worked for the FBI or something.

My assurance seemed to be working. She paled even more, if that was possible.

Then she coughed. She stopped shaking and all the color returned to her cheeks. She gave me a sad look.

“I feel just awful for what happened at the party. I’m not quite sure what happened, but if it was anything caused by me, I couldn’t be more sorry. Violet was so young, and such a nice girl. I feel terrible for what happened.”

She didn’t seem the tiniest bit nervous anymore. I think she’d realized that she technically could get away with this. I had nothing to prove her guilty. And if she kept faking innocent, it would eventually work.

“Well, I’m sorry you feel that way. It isn’t your fault you know..” I stared her down, waiting for her reaction.

She swallowed. Then she actually started sniffling. Sheesh. She was either innocent (highly doubtful) or she was a heck of a good actress. Almost as good as me.

“That’s what people keep telling me. But I just feel, so….so….terrible,” she hiccupped. Then she let out a little fake (I was guessing) sob.

“I’m sorry you feel that way.” I continued to stare at her.

“Me too.” She suddenly cut the crying act and stared right back at me. Her mouth lifted a little into a little smile, and her eyes seemed to be saying, Ha! You can’t prove me guilty, can you?

My eyes said, I’ll find a way.

Will you now? Her eyes responded. She seemed to be laughing at me.

Yes I will. My gaze hardened, and hers did too. We seemed to be having a war with our eyes. Jesse looked uncertainly at me, then at Ella, then back at me. Poor guy. I bet people didn’t have eye wars back in the 18th century.

“Well,” I said finally. “That’s all I need for now. We’ll talk more some other time.”

“I look forward to it,” Ella said, her gaze still locked on mine.

Giving her one final look, I flipped my hair over my shoulder and turned on my heel. “Come on Jesse. Let’s go.”

Well, that's it. It's not very good, but whatever. I was feeling kind of writer blocked. Enjoy and comment. :020:

#83 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

oh my god I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED TWO UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway......GREAT UPDATES!!!!!!!! :D
i think we need to find out about this ella person a little more though...............WAIT!!!! IS ISABELLA THE SAME PERSON AS ELLA???????????? IF SHE HURTS JESSE ILL KICK HER BUTT TO TIMBUKTU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

KAYLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :D

p.s. i think jesse needs to be in this more....just a thought!!! :D

#84 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

i liked it!
wow. she is so onto her, and she so knows it!
update ASAP!!!!

#85 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

ok....... my bad i didnt see the page two thingy......disregaurd the last comment please!!!!

#86 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

ok....... my bad i didnt see the page two thingy......disregaurd the last comment please!!!!

Lol it's okay.

i liked it!
wow. she is so onto her, and she so knows it!
update ASAP!!!!

Yep.

#87 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

You're thirteen, right? If so, this is really impressive to me. Lots of older people on this site can't even write this good fanfiction :).

And you're pretty good at making the characters sound like they did in the book. Especially Suze.

Luv,
Jamie

Ps: update. Can't wait :D

#88 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

You're thirteen, right? If so, this is really impressive to me. Lots of older people on this site can't even write this good fanfiction :).

And you're pretty good at making the characters sound like they did in the book. Especially Suze.

Luv,
Jamie

Ps: update. Can't wait :D

Thanks! That means a lot :)

#89 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SOOOOO right ABOUT THEM BEING THE SAME PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D one thing i got right today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha!! AMAZING AS USUAL!!!!

KAYLA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :heartbeat:

#90 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:02 AM

wow, just wow.
oh my god
Spoiler

:P ;) :icon_geek: :icon_study: :user: :blush: :icon_biggrin:

lol just another theory.