202 replies to this topic

#1 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hey.
Ok, so this is my first fan fiction. I have to say, it was actually really easy to write, maybe because I didn't have to come up with all the characters and stuff myself. I made up violet of course, and I made up the adventure, but Meg Cabot is the one who came up with the mediators.
Anyway. Let me know if you like it!

Chapter one:

I don't know why I bother.

I mean, do any of these ghosts ever THANK me for mediating them? I go through all this trouble, trying to do what they want in a fast amount of time and do I get even one small "Thank you"?

No, I didn't think so.

Well, that’s not really fair. Some of them have thanked me briefly, but most of them just leave. It’s like they think it’s my DUTY to mediate them, and I’m the one with the problem if I don’t do it fast enough.

I guess it is kind of my duty though. Seeing that I’m a mediator and all that. But that’s beside the point.

Anyway, there it was, the middle of the night, and I get woken up by some ghost girl waking me up. Wow, this feels familiar. Like something that happened twice before! The first time was with Doc’s (I mean David’s) mom, who wanted me to tell Doc (I mean David) that it wasn’t his fault she died.

Fair enough. The problem was, she didn’t SAY David, she said Red. Which led to a lot of confusion.

The second time was with Maria de Silva, who was holding a knife to my throat.

This time was only slightly more pleasant. This ghost girl didn’t wake me up by screaming bloody murder, or by threatening to kill me. No, she woke me up by shaking me. Nice of her, huh? I really loved the sensation of that night’s pepperoni pizza rolling around in my stomach.

I sat up with a start and shoved her away from me, sending her flying against the wall, and collapsing on the floor. Not very nice, I know, but was it nice of her to shake me up (pun fully intended)?

This sudden outburst was met by a lot of shrieking on her part.

“Oh be quiet,” I said. “It’s your fault for waking me up like that. Couldn’t you have waited till morning?”

“M-m-morning?” the girl stuttered. “N-no! This is urg-g-gent!”

“Uh huh. Right.” I yawned. What time was it anyway? “Listen, you got my attention. Now what do you want?”

But the girl still couldn’t seem to get past the fact that I’d shoved her off of me. She stared at the piles of clothes heaped on the floor around her (hey, I was in a hurry to get to bed alright?) and started crying.

“Why are you so m-mean to me?” she hiccupped. “Th-they told me that m-mediat-tors were supposed to h-help people!”

“We DO help people.” I sat up and got into a more comfortable position. It was obvious I wasn’t going to be getting sleep any time soon. “But you have to tell us what you want us to help you with first. So what’s your problem?”

She stared up at me. “P-problem?”

“Yeah. Why did you wake me up?” I hated getting impatient but come on, really? This girl wakes me up and says it’s urgent, then she starts playing dumb?

“I woke you up because I needed h-help!” she whimpered.

I groaned. “YES!!!! I GOT THAT!!! NOW: WHAT. DO. YOU. NEED. HELP. WITH?”

She seemed to remember herself then. Gathering up her dignity, she stood up and puffed out her chest.

“My name is Violet Callerson,” she announced. “My family owns a rich mansion up on Callerson drive. It was named after us, you see.”

She started pacing across my room. “The other night I was at a grand old party. There was alcohol” she she smiled wistfully at this, “and lots of rich people. Like me,” she explained, as if I didn’t already understand that she was rich.

“Ok.” I said, trying to hurry her up. I mean, is it too much to ask that a teenage girl like me could get some sleep? “And….?”

“It was dinnertime. We were on the main course, and everyone was having a jolly old time.” On the word ‘jolly’ her voice rose an octave higher. “They were serving whine. It tasted very delicious.” She licked her lips. “Everyone was laughing and talking, and I was sipping my delicious whine. Then suddenly,” her eyes widened, “I started to feel very dizzy, and the next thing I knew, I’d fainted! I could hear all these sounds of people panicking and I think I went to the hospital at some point. Everyone was crying. Then it all black, and I suppose that was me falling asleep.” She was thoughtful for a moment.

“Then” she continued, “I woke up yesterday feeling much better, and I got out of my hospital bed. For some reason, everyone was crying. They didn’t seem very upset that I had gotten up. I tried to talk to them, but-“ her eyes got even bigger, if that was possible, “they were ignoring me!”

At this, she sat down on my window seat and started to cry again. I was kind of alarmed. I mean, I’m used to ghosts crying in front of me, but this was getting kind of annoying.

“Well” I said, glancing at the clock. 3:26 AM. If I could get her to get out of here quick, there would still be some time left to sleep. “I’m very sorry to hear that Violet. And I’m sorry you’re so upset and all that. But you know, you didn’t just ‘fall asleep’ that night, you actually-“

“Maybe,” she interrupted me, “there was something in the food that I was allergic to.” I mean, I’m allergic to lots of things! I probably just got really serious allergies. But that doesn’t explain why they’re IGNORING me!” She put her head on her knees and started sobbing. I covered my ears.

“Violet,” I said, trying to make my voice louder than her wailing. “Violet, I’m really sorry that you’re so upset about this. But you need to understand,” my voice rose higher, “That you didn’t fall asleep that night. You died Violet. You died and you’re dead now! You’re a ghost! That’s why everyone was crying! They weren’t ignoring you Violet, they just couldn’t see you!” Seeing that she had stopped crying, I lowered my voice again. “Violet, you’re dead.”

This was followed by shocked silence where she sat and stared at me. I started to feel guilty. Ok, that probably wasn’t the best way to break it to her. But come on! The girl was SOBBING!!! I needed to do something to get her to shut up!

A single tear rolled down her eye. She turned her big bright blue/purple eyes up to look at me, her eyes red around the edges.

“I’m dead?” She whispered. “I’m really and truly dead?”

“Yes.” I said. “You really and truly are.” I pushed the blankets aside. “Now, what do you want me to do to help you move on?”

Well that's it for now, I'll post an update soon. Comment and Criticism are appriciated. What do you think will happen next? Tehehe! Enjoy!

-Dramagirl

#2 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Love it!!

xxxLeanniexxx

#3 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Thank you!
It's actually helping me feel better about the series being over by writing this.

#4 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

^^

Is this your first story here?

xxxLeanniexxx

#5 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

Yep. :)
I kept reading everyone elses and it made me want to write my own

Update coming extremely soon!

#6 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

i like it!
post an update?

~bookie :mgbumblebee:

#7 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

Ok guys.

I have the next 2 chapters written. I would post both of them on here, but the thing is, they take up 7 pages on word, so that might be a lot to read, plus, I might want some space in between the chapters. I could wait till tomorrow to post the next one, although the thought of that is kind of depressing...
What do you think?

Edited by Dramagirl221, 11 November 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#8 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

i think just post them a day apart. you want to be a LITTLE ahead of the game!

#9 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

Actually, I don't.

I'm taking time to grieve this series being over before I read any more books. This is like reading books for me, except I'm writing them. So really, I like having an exuse to write this.

But whatever. Here's Chapter two, I can always post chapter three later if I feel like it. Enjoy, and comment what you think.

Chapter two:

“Move on?” Violet asked

I sighed. This was a lot like when I’d first met Jesse. He hadn’t seemed to understand what I meant by helping him move on. Of course, he’d ended up staying around, and I highly doubted that Violet was going to do that.

“Yeah move on. You’re not supposed to still be hanging around, you’re supposed to go to the afterlife, wherever that may be.” I paused. “In order for me to help you do that, you need to tell me what’s bugging you, so that I can help you fix it so that you can move on. Comprendo?” I looked at her.

“Uhhh ok.” She thought about it. “I guess what’s bugging me is that I don’t know why I died.”

I took a deep breath, getting ready to give the whole ‘I-know-that-you’re-upset-that-you’re-dead-and-I-know-you’re-wondering-why-you,- but-you-need-to-understand-that-theres-nothing-I-can-do-about-it-so-you-need-to-accept-it-and-move-on speech, when she spoke again.

“I mean,” she continued, “Was it something in the food? Could you, like, find out what made me react like that, and, well, die?”

Oh. She meant what made her die, not why me?

“Oh. Um, sure I can do that.” I brushed a piece of hair out of my eyes. I had to say, it looked extremely good considering the fact that I’d just been asleep. No bedhead at all. “Anything else?”

“What do you mean?” She turned he blue/purple eyes to me again. Her eyes looked so…..weird. They were blue, but they had this purple tint to them. No wonder her parents named her Violet.

“I mean, is there anything else you want me to do besides find out what killed you?” I wrapped my blanket back around me, enjoying its warmth.

“Well….” she thought. “I guess……. I guess, just tell my boyfriend I love him, and not to go out with Isabella.” Her eyes narrowed. “That rat.”

“Um.” Violet started to shimmer and shine, a sign that she was about to dematerialize. “Wait!”

“What?” she asked, obviously annoyed. Which kind of annoyed me. She wasn’t the one who got shaken awake in the middle of the night.

“What’s your boyfriend’s name?” I asked.

She smiled blissfully. “Clark Lawrr.” Her gaze turned sour. “Who never got to say goodbye.”
With that, she was gone. I sighed and flopped back onto my pillow. Heavenly sleep, say hello.

“Suze.”

Doc’s voice broke into blissful dreams of kissing Jesse. I groaned and rolled over.
“Suze!”

“WHAT!” I sat up and immediately regretted it. I knew I should’ve cut it short last night. Now I was making up for it by being extremely tired. I bet I had dark circles under my eyes the size of Texas.

Doc backed up, his hands up in a surrender position. “Woa. Gosh Suze, don’t be so cranky.” He peered at me. “Were you up last night? I swear I heard you shouting at someone.”

I blushed. I probably should’ve stopped waiting till Violet was done crying before yelling that she was dead. At least it was Doc who heard me, and not someone else.

“No, I was sleeping last night. Leamme alone.” I brought the covers back over my head.

“You know Suze, scientists say that 90% of teenagers that stay up in the middle of the night end up-

“I’M GETTING UP, I’M GETTING UP!!!!!!!” Doc was totally cute with his random facts, but I really wasn’t in the mood this morning.

“I’m sorry! Gosh! Um, hurry up or you’ll miss your ride.” Doc dashed out of the room. Apparently, he wasn’t so fond of the mood I was in.

Well whatever. Grumbling words that probably shouldn’t be written here, I grabbed some clothes and headed towards the bathroom.

“Suze! Good morning!” Paul’s cheery face loomed in front of me.

“Shut up.”

“Aw you don’t really mean that do you?” He stepped in front of me and started walking backwards. “What’s wrong? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?”

“For your information, I was woken up in the middle of the night by a ghost who apparently was not willing to wait till morning,” I snapped.

“A ghost!” Paul mocked surprise. “Do tell.”

Despite my mood, I had to laugh. Paul wasn’t so bad when he wasn’t acting evil. He was actually pretty funny.

So I told him about the visit I’d gotten from Violet that night, making sure to keep my voice low enough so that the students walking by wouldn’t overhear.

“There’s only one problem,” I said. “She didn’t tell me the name of the person hosting the party. It’s kind of hard to track down a person you don’t know the name of.”

Paul looked thoughtful. “I’d have to agree with you there.”

He skipped around till he was walking beside me and said “Tell you what. I’ll help you out with Violet if you’ll do something for me.”

My heart skipped a beat. “Paul, are you crazy? I thought you were over that-“

“I AM over that,” he said quickly. “That’s not what I meant. The thing is…” he looked kind of embarrassed, “I’m having some trouble with my French and-“

He didn’t get to finish because my laughing drowned him out.

“You? Straight A student? Having trouble with French?” I doubled over, clutching my stomach.

He looked sheepish. “Yeah. And since you’re taking French I was wondering if you could help…”

A giggle bubbled up and burst out of me. I couldn’t help it. “Sure Paul, I’ll help.”

“Great! I’ll see you ummmm….” He raised his eyebrows questioningly.

“Tomorrow after school. There’s someone I want to visit today.”

“Ok.” He waved. “See you tomorrow after school Suze.”

“Right,” I said. My mind turned to what I was doing this afternoon.

It was time to pay a visit to Jesse.

Well that's it. What will happen? What killed Violet? Is Paul to be trusted? And what about this meeting with Jesse?

I have the next chapter, so let me know if you want me to post it now or wait till tomorrow. Thanks and comment what you think!
-Dramagirl

#10 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

cant wait for the update!

#11 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

Niiiice (:
Very good fanfiction writing and Suze is in character.
Update soon please.
Luv it.

Luv
Jamie

#12 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

Thanks guys. :)

Ok, so here's the next chapter. Enjoy, and remember to comment what you think ^_^

Chapter three:

(after school, at outside Jesse's apartment)

It was at times like these that I kind of wished Jesse was a ghost again. Not that I wasn’t completely happy that he was alive, but I kind of missed just being able to call on and have him immediately be there. No scheduling required.

Plus, no one could see him, which meant that no one questioned me if he mysteriously showed up in my room.

Oh well. That really was the only good part to him being a ghost. We were both much happier and content now.

I knocked softly on the door to his apartment, wondering if he was home. Ever since he became alive again, he’s been looking into Medical Colleges he might want to go to (with the help of Father D.) I was one hundred percent supportive of this, but I wish we were able to spend more time together (selfish, I know, but I am human).

I knocked again and waited. No response. I was just about to turn around and leave when the door creaked open.

“Susannah?” Jesse’s eyebrows crinkled in confusion. “What are you doing here?”

“Aren’t you glad to see me?” I joked.

He laughed a little. “Yes of course querida, but I just wasn’t expecting you.” He opened the door wider. “Please come in.”

“Thanks.” I walked in slowly, looking around. Apparently, Jesse wasn’t a very messy person. His apartment was very neat and orderly, with everything where it should be.

“May I take your coat?” He closed the door gently behind me.

“Nah,” I said, plopping down at a chair by his table. Seeing the troubled look that crossed his face I quickly corrected myself. “I mean, no thank you.”

Jesse was getting better at the 21st century ways, but he still acted a lot like the old fashioned gentleman he was, and apparently back in his time, ladies didn’t say “Nah.”

Jesse sat down across from me. He picked up the open book that was sitting on the table and closed it. “Now, what brings you here today?” He turned his deep brown eyes to me. His eyes were even more brown now that he was alive. It was kind of unsettling.

“Remember back when you were a ghost,” I started slowly, “and I could just call you whenever I wanted to talk and you would materialize?” I glanced at my fingernails. The black nail polish on them was peeling off. I’d have to fix that later.

Jesse nodded slowly, unsure of where this was going.

“Well, last night was one of those times. I got woken up in the middle of the night again.”

Jesse’s eyes searched mine, looking concerned. “Did something bad happen?”

“Bad?” I repeated. “No, nothing bad. Well, I mean, not exactly. Well sort of. See, this girl-“

“Susannah,” Jesse interrupted. “No one hurt you did they?”

I laughed. Really, I had to. I know it wouldn’t seem funny to some people, but he just looked so concerned. It made him look even cuter than he already was.

“Don’t worry Jesse,” I smiled “I’m perfectly fine. It’s Violet I’m worried about.”

“Violet,” he repeated. “Who is Violet?”

“She’s a ghost.” To most people, this statement would make them raise their eyebrows to the sky in surprise. Not Jesse though. He was a mediator, like me, and before that, he was a ghost. So the fact that a ghost had visited me in the middle of the night didn’t seem weird to him. It just seemed normal.

“Oh,” he said, proving my point.

“Ok, so apparently she was at a party drinking wine and eating food, and she must have been allergic to something in it, because suddenly she had a reaction to it and died a few hours later.”

“Oh.” he said again, more sadly this time.

“Anyway, she wants me to help her find out why she died, like, was it something in the food? And she wants me to tell her boyfriend, Clark Lawrr, that she loves him and not to go out with Isabella,” I said, putting my fingers up in quote marks, “whoever she is.”

“Oh my,” was all Jesse said.

“Yeah. She wanted me to sue the person who hosted the party, but I said that was a little extreme, considering she hadn’t even mentioned that she was allergic to anything.”

“Oh my,” he said again.

“Yep.” I waited.

“Well querida,” he said, leaning forward and placing his hands flatly on the table, “it sounds like you have had a most exciting night. Although I was not there to help you then, I can assist you with this now if you like.”

“Thanks, but I don’t really need any help right now. Besides, Paul said he would help me with it.”

At the mention of Paul’s name, Jesse’s face darkened. It had a good reason to, considering how Paul had tried to kill Jesse a few times. I had forgiven him for it, but Jesse, apparently, had not.

Jesse stood up, giving me a full view of his flannel shirt and jeans. I had recently brought him shopping for some more current clothing, seeing as the outfit he had before was out of the 18th century. Although Jesse looked incredibly hot in his new wardrobe, he still looked kind of awkward while wearing it.

“I do not understand why you would let that good for nothing amigo help you out, but not me,” Jesse pointed out, folding his arms.

Good point. I didn’t exactly have a reason to trust Paul, besides the fact that he had wholeheartedly apologized for the way he treated me. Besides that, he hadn’t done anything to gain my trust back. Maybe this would be his chance.

I didn’t say that though. Instead I said, “Well, I figured you would be too busy, seeing as you’re now alive after 150 years and all that.”

“I can highly assure you Susannah,” Jesse said, “That I am not, nor ever will be, too busy to help you with any problems you may have. Now what did you need help with?”

I blew out my breath slowly. Did I really need two people helping me? Especially seeing that Jesse and Paul didn’t get along very well. They hadn’t had any more blowups ever since Jesse had come back alive again, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to take any chances.

“The thing is” I said carefully, “that Violet didn’t tell me who’s party she’d been at when she’d died. It’s kind of hard to find out about the party when you don’t know who’s it is.”

“Is that all?” Jesse looked amused.

“Yes, that’s all.”

Jesse’s face broke into a grin, which was kind of annoying considering that we were talking about someone’s death.

Querida, I highly doubt you need Paul’s help for something as simple as that.”

I let out a huff of protest. “Oh but I need yours? Is that how it is?”

Jesse stepped around the table toward me, and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“All I’m saying Susannah, is that seeing that you could figure out that case just as well as him,” he paused, “I don’t think the reason Paul wants to help you is because he actually intends to help if you understand what I’m saying.”

I gaped at him.

“Jesse, Paul’s over that! He’s not trying to go out with me anymore! He apologized at the dance, and I think he really meant it. I’m sorry if you don’t trust him, but I’m trying to again. Can you understand that?” I gazed up at him.

“Of course Suze, I just want you to know that you can trust me.” He kissed me on the top of my head. “And I’ll be here if you need help.”

I was kind of shocked. Suze??? He’d never called me Suze before, it had always been Susannah. I couldn’t tell if this change was good or bad. Numbly, I nodded. He kissed my head again.

“Good,” he said. “Now, I want you to go home, finish your schoolwork, and get some rest. Do not fall behind on your daily life simply because of this ghost. This time it’s too simple for all that. Relax, Susannah, and please call on me if you need any help.”

Susannah. He’d called me Susannah again. Much better. Something about him calling me Suze bothered me.

“I will,” I said, kissing him softly.

I was considering whether I should stay and talk more, or leave to do what he said, when there was a knock on the door.

“Hello?” a female voice called.

Well there it is. Criticism is welcome ;)

-Dramagirl

#13 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

Oh my God !!

Who is at the door?

He did get all freaked out when Suze arrived unexpected and he seems to want to get rid of her!!

He better not be cheating !!

xxxleanniexxx

#14 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Oh my God !!

Who is at the door?

He did get all freaked out when Suze arrived unexpected and he seems to want to get rid of her!!

He better not be cheating !!

xxxleanniexxx

Haha :happy11:
you'll have to wait and see!

Don't worry too much though. :P

#15 koolkat_1500

koolkat_1500

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ooh! Nice fic! Is Jesse cheating? I hope not. Out of curiosity, are you a Jesse fan or Paul fan?

#16 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

Ooh! Nice fic! Is Jesse cheating? I hope not. Out of curiosity, are you a Jesse fan or Paul fan?

A Jesse fan, all the way.

Next update soon!

#17 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

oooh!
hope it comes faster!
by the way, that was GREAT!!!!!!
but who's the chick???????
update?

#18 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

Love your writing! :D if he cheats, I swear I will hunt him down. Haha. Update soon, it's great so far.

-Amy

#19 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

Okay, here's the next chapter!
Sorry it's so short, but the next one is way longer I promise. The next chapter is already finished. I would post it after this but I want to pace it out.
Anyway. Enjoy!

Chapter four:

In a few quick strides, Jesse was at the door. In one quick motion he had it open, revealing a girl.

I stared at her. This wasn’t a girl, this was a goddess. She was extremely petite and dainty, while completely beautiful at the same time. The kind of girl that boys drool over. I approached slowly, and went to stand behind Jesse.

“Ella!” Jesse exclaimed in surprise. I looked at him questioningly. He threw me an apologetic glance as if to say Sorry for this interruption.

“Oh Jess, I’m so sorry, I didn’t realize you had company,” Ella said, flicking a glance at me.
“I was just leaving,” I spoke up, trying to squeeze past Jesse, who was blocking the doorway.

“Oh no, that’s alright, you don’t have to leave because of me,” Ella stammered, fingering the book bag around her shoulder.

“I wasn’t.” I stared her down. Carefully stepping past Jesse, I looked for the nearest exit.

“Susannah. Stay.” Jesse’s voice stopped me in my tracks. I slowly turned back around and walked back into his apartment.

“I guess I came at a bad time. I’ll come back tomorrow,” Ella said, still stammering.

“No, that’s fine, you can stay. Come in, come in.” Jesse gently put his arm behind her and led her in.

“May I take your coat?”

Of course, he was from the 18th century, it was just natural for him to say that, but for some reason it annoyed me, as if he said the same things to me that he did to everyone else.

“Oh yes please,” Ella stood there anxiously as Jesse took her coat and hung it up on a hook. He then came back over and offered he a seat. The fact that he was being so polite made me feel better. It meant he didn’t know her that well.

Well, kind of. He was polite to everyone, but right then he seemed to be being overly polite.

“Alright Ella,” Jesse said pleasantly. “What have I done to deserve this kind visit from you?”

Those words made my stomach go into my throat, but it was probably just me being paranoid.

“Well Jess,” Ella started.

“Jesse.”

“What?” she looked up from her book bag she was fumbling through.

“My name is Jesse. Not Jess.” Jesse said calmly.

“Right. Jesse. That’s what I said,” Ella said, obviously flustered.

“Anyway,” she continued, “I brought a few books you said you were interested in.” She placed a few large solemn looking books on the table. I stared at them in dismay. What was this girl doing, showing up at Jesse’s and bringing him books?

Jesse’s face broke into a grin. “Thank you very much Ella,” he said. “This was just what I wanted.”

“It was?” I blurted out.

They both turned to look at me. Jesse moved his chair closer and put his arm around me. He turned back toward Ella.

“Thank you very much for this. I will have to make it up to you. In the meantime,” his gaze settled momentarily on the door, “I think it’s getting late.”

“Oh.” Now Ella looked even more flustered. “Of course. I’ll give you two privacy. Thank you for letting me stay so long, I’m, really flattered I’m-“ She let out a nervous laugh. “Right. Bye.”

Jesse walked her towards the door. He helped her put on her coat and scarf (a scarf?? In Carmel?) and bid her farewell. Then he turned back towards her.

Querida,” he said, his gave fixed on me intently. “I think it’s time for you to leave as well.”

Ta da! Not very much info in that, I know, but you'll get more in the next. Comments and Criticism are welcome! :icon_flower:
-Dramagirl

#20 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

WHAT? I'm kinda hooked lol. NO. Jesse didn't say that! *cries* loved it again, Ella was kind of annoying me...

#21 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

okay, my overview:
Ella is annoying
Jesse is a bit too "quick to jump the gun"
Suze should've been more *lovey* or at least more into it
something seems fishy about Ella / Jesse
what up with her calling him "Jess"?
AND LASTLY what was up with that?
update?

#22 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

WHAT? I'm kinda hooked lol. NO. Jesse didn't say that! *cries* loved it again, Ella was kind of annoying me...

Haha. She's supposed to.

okay, my overview:
Ella is annoying
Jesse is a bit too "quick to jump the gun"
Suze should've been more *lovey* or at least more into it
something seems fishy about Ella / Jesse
what up with her calling him "Jess"?
AND LASTLY what was up with that?
update?

Thanks for your comments. :)

The way Jesse is acting is not supposed to be totally clear right now, so don't worry too much about that.
I guess Suze could've been acting more lovey, but she was in a bad mood that day, and she was kinda shocked about the whole Ella thing.
As for it being fishy, and her calling him Jess, I have no comment on that at the current time. :icon_geek:
And lastly what was up with what?

#23 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

the whole "i thought you'd want these books" thing?
i mean, it just seems to random and "perfectly" timed.
blech. again, she annoys me.....

#24 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

the whole "i thought you'd want these books" thing?
i mean, it just seems to random and "perfectly" timed.
blech. again, she annoys me.....

Be patient young grasshopper! :icon_sunny: It will all unfold when you keep reading.

#25 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

a-hah....

~ :mgbumblebee:

#26 bonjovi333

bonjovi333

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS ELLA LADY THINK SHE IS DOING???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT cool MAN.....NOT cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

KAYLA!!!!! :D :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

#27 emilyrigby

emilyrigby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

Your style is almost spot-on...it's like the series is continuing, right here. :)

I can't wait for more!

#28 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Well we still no nothing about her!!!

Update Please !!

xxxLeanniexxx

#29 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS ELLA LADY THINK SHE IS DOING???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT cool MAN.....NOT cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

KAYLA!!!!! :D :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

:icon_geek: :icon_geek: :icon_geek: What indeed.

Your style is almost spot-on...it's like the series is continuing, right here. :)

I can't wait for more!

Glad you like it! And by the way, here's that 'more' you can't wait for ;)

Chapter five:

I kept thinking about Ella as I walked home. Who was she? What business did she have showing up at Jesse’s house uninvited?

Was she uninvited?

That thought froze me in my tracks. Oh my God. Did Jesse ask her to come over? Was that why he was so surprised to see me?

Was Jesse? Could Jesse possibly be….?

I started walking again. No. That was impossible. Jesse was WAY too sweet and devoted to cheat. And after all we’d been through for each other, it would be kind of a waste.

Plus, what about when I’d told him about getting woken up in the middle of the night? He’d looked super concerned and caring when I said that, so how could he possibly be cheating?

Just because he looked concerned doesn’t mean he isn’t, a voice inside my head said. He could be faking it.

“Oh shut up,” I said aloud. “Jesse is NOT cheating.” For emphasis, I opened up my front door and slammed it behind me.

“I’M HO-OME!!!!” I yelled into the probably empty house.

No response.

I kicked off my brown suede boots and stomped up the stairs. Max, the family dog, took one look at me and walked away with his tail between his legs and his head down. Whatever.
I took off my leather jacket and booted up my laptop. As annoying as my babysitting summer job could be, it had its rewards (like money).

I logged onto the internet and went on the ‘Whatsup in Carmel’ page. This was a page that was a lot like a newspaper, except it had things like party listings and stuff that teenagers would like.

I viewed the listings of the recent parties. There were quite a few, but there was nothing in them for me to really tell which one Violet was talking about.

It could be any of these, I thought, feeling overwhelmed.

Okay, it was time to call on help. I would’ve called Jesse, but I was still feeling kind of confused about the whole Ella thing, so I decided to call Paul instead. I walked into the hallway and grabbed the phone (I know, can you believe my parents still won’t let me get my own??)

Paul picked up on the first ring. “Hello?”

“Paul…? This is Suze.”

“Oh.” I could hear the disappointment in Paul’s voice. Quickly I asked “Were you expecting a call? I can hang up.”

“No it’s fine.” I heard Paul’s voice slip into more flirty tones. “Now why is a girl like you calling a guy like me?”

“Paul.” I gripped the phone and glanced back towards my room where my computer was waiting. “Don’t even go there.”

“Sorry.” Paul’s voice was normal again. “So how may I help you, young lady?”

“Well,” I picked up the phone and carried it into my room, “I’ve been trying to find out what party Violet was at, so I went on the ‘Whatsup in Carmel’ website.”

“And?” Paul asked.

“And I have no idea. There’s too many!” I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“And you’re calling because you need the help of a fine young gentleman such as myself?” I could hear Paul grinning.

“Don’t-“

“I know, I know, sorry. Okay, hang on, I need to get on my computer.” I heard the sound of footsteps going up stairs. I heard the clunk of something (probably him setting down the phone), and the sound of a computer booting up.

“Okay,” Paul’s voice came back into my ear again. “Think. Did Violet tell you anything about the party that might give you a clue to which one it was?”

I rubbed my temples in thought. “Ummmm…..” There was an odd fuzzball sticking to my sock. I picked it off. “She said that it was about two days ago, and there was alcohol and lots of food, and it had a bunch of rich kids there.” I heard the sound of a mouse clicking.

“And it was probably somewhere nearby to ‘Callerson Drive,’ which is where Violet lives.”

More clicking.

“And I think that’s it. If there was anything else, I can’t remember.”

The clicking stopped.

“Well……” Paul sounded thoughtful. “I’m not sure if this is the right one, but I did find something.”

I sat up straight. “Really???? Where? What? Where is it?”

Paul laughed. “Relax. Scroll towards the bottom of the page and click on the button, ‘parties in the last week.”

I did so.

“Now on the third row the second listing. It’s probably the wrong one but it might not be.”

I looked.

“Paul,” My voice was excited, “I think this might be it!”

“Really?” I could hear him perking up. “It’s on the same day as the party you mentioned and it’s around that same area.”

“Exactly!” I bounced around on my bed. This was it! Then I saw something and my face fell.

“Paul, it says that this party is to, ‘Eat snacks, listen to music, and chill with your friends. That doesn’t sound anything like the party she was at.”

His voice fell. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

There was a few moments of silence. Then “Well…… I guess we’ll keep looking.”

“Yeah.” I picked at a piece of corn stuck between two of my teeth.

I scrolled through the parties around it. There were a lot of parties going on around that time, but they were all “Relax and hang” parties, not fancy at all.

I chewed on the inside of my lip. It was possible that Violet would come back again tonight and I could ask her who had hosted the party, but I had learned from experience that ghosts hardly ever came around when you wanted them to (except Jesse, but he was alive now). I could try calling her, but Violet didn’t seem like the type of person who would come when called.

“Wait, what’s this?” Paul’s voice asked suddenly.

“What’s what?” I could hear my voice perking up.

“Young girl dies at party- teenagers all over town ask ‘why?’ It’s in the What’s New section….” He paused, “Suze I really think this is it!”

I quickly went to the news section and scanned the page. I clicked on it, and read it silently as Paul read it aloud.

“At a Black Tie party the other night, an event happened that was more than partying. The guests were all sitting around the dinner table eating chicken and drinking wine, when suddenly a 15 year old girl at the party collapsed.

‘We’re not sure what happened. We think it might have been something in the salad,’ Says Katie, 17, who was sitting nearby when it happened.

‘All we know is that one second she was sitting there, acting perfectly normal, and the next second she was on the ground, gasping for breath,” adds the host of the party, who does not wish to be named.

“Though it is possible it could have been over drinking, most of the people there think it highly doubtful.

‘She doesn’t have a drinking problem,’ said her dad, in tears. ‘And even if she did, I highly doubt that it would kill her like this!’

“We’ll continue giving you more information on this story as it comes to us. In the mind time, we’re all very sorry for the Callerson’s loss.”

“The Callerson!” I shrieked. “That’s her parents! That’s her! You found it!”

“Yeah…” Paul’s voice trailed off. I scrolled down a little more and saw what he must’ve been looking at.

Below the article there was a picture of a boy that was crying. He looked like he could be about 15 or 16. Below the photo it said: Clark L, her boyfriend, who never got to say goodbye.

So that’s why Violet said that. She must’ve read the article. I winced. Ouch. That would hurt, reading about your death.

I heard Paul gasp sharply, and I scrolled down a little more. Underneath Clark’s picture, there was a picture of a girl, lying on the floor in a purple dress, with her hand on her chest. She had straight black/dark brown hair that looked like it had been flat ironed. There was a purple butterfly clip in her hair. Her face was red with lack of oxygen.

Underneath that photo, it said: Violet Callerson, who died at too young of an age. May her soul rest in peace.

Peace. Ha.

Comment what you think! :happy8: :happy8: :happy8:

#30 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

Loved it, I really like how Paul is helping.

I do have a CC though-- if the person is lacking oxygen, it is more like they will go pale unless they are choking in which then, the face would go purple or red. Because she's dead... wouldn't she be pale? that's what I mean. :/ they wouldn't snap a picture if she was still dying. But that's my opinion. (:

update soon!

-Amy

#31 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

I do have a CC though-- if the person is lacking oxygen, it is more like they will go pale unless they are choking in which then, the face would go purple or red. Because she's dead... wouldn't she be pale? that's what I mean. :/ they wouldn't snap a picture if she was still dying. But that's my opinion. (:

Ah okay, I don't really know much about that sort of thing. I'll fix that soon.

#32 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

Actually, on second thought I'm gonna leave it. You'll find out why later.

#33 emilyrigby

emilyrigby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

Love it! More please!

...I'm very demanding, haha. :P

#34 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Love love love it!
So that means she's gonna choke?
Or her allergic reaction could have been blotchiness?
Anyways it's great... And funny too!

#35 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Love love love it!
So that means she's gonna choke?
Or her allergic reaction could have been blotchiness?
Anyways it's great... And funny too!

Thank you! :D

Okay, next update, here it is. Who's ready? :P

Chapter six:

“Are you Katie?” I asked.

The girl blinked up at me from where she was sitting clutching her sandwich. She nodded.

“Were you at the party where Violet Callerson died?” I continued.

She swallowed. “Yes.” she said, still blinking.

“Were you in that article on the “Whatsup in Carmel” page?”

Katie seemed to have recovered from the shock of me by that time. I guess I came on a little strongly, firing questions at her like a policeman. And my outfit (black jean jacket and tank top, black tight jeans and tall black boots with black gloves) was probably a little overwhelming too. But hey! I was in Mission Mode- and I was determined to solve this case. If dressing in all black was one of the things it took to get people to pay attention long enough to answer my questions, then so be it.

Just call me Agent Suze.

“Yes, I was.” Katie sat up straighter and put down her sandwich. “And you are…?”

“Did you know Violet?” I continued, ignoring her last question.

Oops. Apparently that was a mistake. Katie looked me in the eyes and jutted out her chin in defiance.

“Who wants to know?” she demanded.
I went to swipe off my black sunglasses in one cool motion, then remembered that I’d left them at home. Oh well.

“My name is Suze Simon,” I said. But you can call me Agent I added mentally.

“Ok…….” She took another bite out of her sandwich and chewed. “And what do you want?”

“I’m, um, doing a report for the school newspaper on, um, Violet’s death.”

She swallowed. “Gruesome subject don’t you think?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Do you have her parents’ permission?” She rearranged the apple slices on her napkin. My stomach growled. I’d forgotten to eat breakfast that morning.

“What?” I wondered how upset she’d be if I reached down and stole one her slices.

“Do you have Violet’s parent’s permission to write the article?” Katie gave me an expectant look. “I don’t think they’d be too happy about someone they don’t even know writing an article on something that’s, well, very close to their heart.” She patted her own heart for emphasis.

I snapped out of hungry-land. “How do you know they don’t know me?”

“Do they?” Katie raised her eyebrow.

“No.”

She smirked.

“Anyway, of course I have their permission. Plus, all the newspapers are writing about it so why shouldn’t the school newspaper be able to?” I didn’t know if all the newspapers were writing about it, but I had a pretty good guess that they were.

“Are they now?” Katie picked up an apple slice and popped it in her mouth. I swallowed to keep from drooling.

After I’d said goodbye to Paul, I’d called up CeeCee and asked her if she knew anyone named Katie. She’d named off quite a few people and what school they went to. How she knows all this I’ll never know, but I’d gone around asking all these people if they were at the party. Up until now, the answer was always no.

“So, do you know Violet?” I asked again.

She shrugged. “I went over to her house to study sometimes, but I didn’t really know her. It was more like a baby sitting job.”

“But, you’re not, like, sad that she’s gone?” Maybe if I pointed in the other direction she would look away and I could steal an apple slice.

“Not really.” Katie stared into space for a second. I was about to grab an apple when she turned back towards me. “Between you and me, she was kind of a brat.”

Well, that was kind of true. I hadn’t talked to her for very long but she sure seemed like one from what I’d seen. “Okay, one more question.”

Katie looked at me expectantly.

“Who was the host of the party?”

Katie’s face darkened. “I don’t think I’d better tell you that. She didn’t want it shared with the public.”

“I wouldn’t-“
But Katie had already turned away.

I sighed. “Thank you for your time.” I grabbed an apple slice and walked away.

“Wake up.”

I recognized the voice immediately. I quickly sat up before I got shaken into jello.

“Violet!”

She shushed me. “It’s about time you woke up! Did you find out??”

I glanced groggily at the clock, but I couldn’t make out what time it was. The sandman had laid it on thick that night.

“Find out what?”

Did you find out what killed me?” Violet leaned over to shake me. Suddenly I was wide awake. I pushed her away.

“Violet, it’s kind of hard to find that out when I don’t even know the host of the party, don’t you think?”

She stared at me. “Why should that matter?”

“Because.” I rubbed the sand out of my eyes and propped up my pillows to lean against. “If I don’t know who hosted the party, I can’t exactly ask them anything can I?”

“Well…. No.. I guess not,” Violet still looked confused. “I don’t get it.”

“Look.” I sat up and leaned forward. “In order to find out what killed you, I need to know who was hosting the party and where they live, and probably where they go to school, so I can ask them about the party and find out what killed you.”

“Oh.” Violet squinted, gazing at my window. “So, why haven’t you asked them?”

“Because you didn’t tell me who hosted the party!!!!” I threw of the covers and scooted closer to where she was sitting.

“You don’t know?” Violet was still staring at me with her violet eyes.

“NO!!!!!!” I practically screamed. “And I need you to tell me. Right now!”

Violet looked away. She was quiet for a long time. Finally, in a small voice she said:

“It was Isabella. Isabella hosted the party.”

Oooooh. ^_^ Okay comment what you think!
-Dramagirl

#36 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Yay!!!! This is awesome!!!! Well, I feel bad for violet and everything but this feels just like a 7th book written

#37 emilyrigby

emilyrigby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

So who's Isabella?

#38 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

Yay!!!! This is awesome!!!! Well, I feel bad for violet and everything but this feels just like a 7th book written

Thanks!

So who's Isabella?

That is the question.

#39 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

^^^^^ she's the one who violet doesn't want her boyfriend going out w right???
Anyways update update update!!!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :spinstar:

#40 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

Ahhh guys this is the first time ever I don't already have an update for you. I still need to write it :icon_redface:
HOWEVER I have been in writing mode, so that should be easy. I'll update it tomorrow.

#41 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hahaha it's alright take as long as u want... By any chance do you know if ff has to be about one of megs books or can it be just a story I'm writing

#42 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Hahaha it's alright take as long as u want... By any chance do you know if ff has to be about one of megs books or can it be just a story I'm writing

ff does.... but the main story thread doesn't. They had that question on the FAQs. The main story section is here: http://forums.megcab...hp?showforum=50

#43 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

Wait Ella is short for Isabella could it be the same person ??

xxxLeanniexxx

#44 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Wow you've updated a billion times since I last read (:

Anyway, still loving it. One of the best mediator fics I've read in a while.

Update soon!

Luv
Jamie

#45 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Wait Ella is short for Isabella could it be the same person ??

xxxLeanniexxx

Well technically yes, although it's more likely made short into "Izzy" or "Bella."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users