#46 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:37 AM

ohmygosherness!!!!!
wow....uh, just wow....
Luke and Sam are working on a column together????
god, she just made it too obvious with the whole "i am in love"
urggggh, why does he have to be so....analytical and critical?????? it's annoying!
but at the same time, so hot!
GRRRRRRRRRRR
update please????????

~bookie :mgbumblebee:
PS no problem Shaheen. just keeping it real B)
PPS

,:"* PAGE TWO!!!!!! *":.

Edited by bookwormwriter98, 08 November 2010 - 06:38 AM.

#47 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

Haha don't worry, university usually gives you an x amount of money every year to help you with rent and food.

A LOT of chick-lit movies and basically, some of my friends.

Is the x amount of money a BIG some of money? ;)

Wow. Just wow. I just loved that update. First of all, Sadie and Emily are amazing friends; although they have different opinions and different personalities, they both have something in common: they want the best for Samantha. Now who the hell is Chloe? I mean, I LOVE office *%^##es because they're part of the chick-lit genre but honestly, she wants them to worship her? Gosh, she really is the *#&$%% up fairy. I love that by the way; Emily is awesomely funny :D AND YAY JACK'S NOT GOING TO REPLACE HER!! But she has to work with Luke. I'm not sure what I think of him; he sounds very hot! :P Why did Sam say she was in love ...? I mean, I know she thinks she is but why did she have to say that to Luke? Now he won't flirt with her :(

UPDATE SOON!!! :)

Alex

#48 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

Ooooh this is getting even more awesome! :D I just have to say how much i love the three girls; they're just really good characters. And the best of friends which is what every chick-lit story needs!! I like how Sadie and Emily are always cheering Samantha on, yet they make fun of her. Well, Emily does :) Chloe seems like a right old b*itch. But I wonder why Emily and Chloe hate each other so much? What happened in their past? :( Now lets get on to the interesting part that is LUKE MARSHALL! I knew I was going to love the love interest, at least I'm assuming its the love interest? Seriously. Even his name sounds hot :P I just hope Cooper doesn't back and ruins the part where Samantha and Luke fall in love. That would suck -_- Anyway, BRILLIANT update Phoebs! My favourite so far ;) Update soon.

Michelle

#49 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

I knew it I totally knew that he would be working with her !!

I want to know what happened with Chloe !!!

I can't believe that she told him that she was in love !!

:a_smil08: :a_smil08:

Update Soon !

xxxLeanniexxx

Well it was kind of obvious wasn't it? lol

Oooh I'm sorry but I don't think Emily will tell Sadie or Samantha what happened between her and Chloe :(

I know :(

Will do.

Ohhhh...that was an awesome update Phoebs!! Certainly worth waiting for!
Luke wrote books about romance?!! For some reason, that makes me want to giggles. And who write sex in a romance column? (Okay, probably me), but Luke should know that romance is about courting...not the horizontal tango, sure they do it vertical too.

And I can't wait to for Luke to spice things up for Sam. I'm sure this is going to be fun to read. If only she hadn't add the little 'I am in love'....now Luke has to figure it out!

Can't wait to read more. :user:
Shaheen :spinstar:

Thank you very much Ninja :D And thank you for waiting.

Noooo he didn't write books about romance lol that would be funny. He's sort of a couple counsellor who gives advice to couples obviously. Well, Luke seems to think te horizontal tango has to do with romance as well which I sort of agree but it definitely has to do with courting as well :)

Thank you for the comment,

Phoebe

#50 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

ohmygosherness!!!!!
wow....uh, just wow....
Luke and Sam are working on a column together????
god, she just made it too obvious with the whole "i am in love"
urggggh, why does he have to be so....analytical and critical?????? it's annoying!
but at the same time, so hot!
GRRRRRRRRRRR
update please????????

PS no problem Shaheen. just keeping it real B)
PPS

,:"* PAGE TWO!!!!!! *":.

They are working on her column together! Gosh, I wonder how that's going to be like? Obviously not sunshine and rainbows lol.

Luke is analytical and critical; is just the way he is. Oh well, we all have flaws. Even the hot guys unfortunately.

Will do.

Thank you!!!

Is the x amount of money a BIG some of money? ;)

Wow. Just wow. I just loved that update. First of all, Sadie and Emily are amazing friends; although they have different opinions and different personalities, they both have something in common: they want the best for Samantha. Now who the hell is Chloe? I mean, I LOVE office *%^##es because they're part of the chick-lit genre but honestly, she wants them to worship her? Gosh, she really is the *#&$%% up fairy. I love that by the way; Emily is awesomely funny :D AND YAY JACK'S NOT GOING TO REPLACE HER!! But she has to work with Luke. I'm not sure what I think of him; he sounds very hot! :P Why did Sam say she was in love ...? I mean, I know she thinks she is but why did she have to say that to Luke? Now he won't flirt with her :(

Alex

It really depends on whether or not your living outside home.

Thank you. I really love all the characters in this story :) So proud of them. Thank you, I loved the *#&$%% up fairy remark too. Don't worry, Chloe doesn't have a big part in this story although she does drop a bombshell on poor Samantha.

He is hot I can assure you. Surfer dude looks in a suit :P

I don't know. You'll have to wait and see :)

Ooooh this is getting even more awesome! :D I just have to say how much i love the three girls; they're just really good characters. And the best of friends which is what every chick-lit story needs!! I like how Sadie and Emily are always cheering Samantha on, yet they make fun of her. Well, Emily does :) Chloe seems like a right old b*itch. But I wonder why Emily and Chloe hate each other so much? What happened in their past? :( Now lets get on to the interesting part that is LUKE MARSHALL! I knew I was going to love the love interest, at least I'm assuming its the love interest? Seriously. Even his name sounds hot :P I just hope Cooper doesn't back and ruins the part where Samantha and Luke fall in love. That would suck -_- Anyway, BRILLIANT update Phoebs! My favourite so far ;) Update soon.

Michelle

Thank you, Michelly.

Chloe and Emily are not ready to reveal their past to the public quite yet. You'll find out in the third story :)

He is the love interest indeed.

Well, Cooper might come back. Who knows?

Thanks, Michelle, and I'll try.

Phoebe

#51 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

Thank you, Michelly.

Chloe and Emily are not ready to reveal their past to the public quite yet. You'll find out in the third story :)

He is the love interest indeed.

Well, Cooper might come back. Who knows?

Thanks, Michelle, and I'll try.

Phoebe

You're welcome :) Hehe you sounded just like a publicist. THIRD story???? WHY????? :( Yay I'm officially MRS LUKE MARSHALL :D He better not come back or else I'll kick his butt back to Dublin :P

Michelle

#52 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Thank you very much Ninja :D And thank you for waiting.
Noooo he didn't write books about romance lol that would be funny. He's sort of a couple counsellor who gives advice to couples obviously. Well, Luke seems to think te horizontal tango has to do with romance as well which I sort of agree but it definitely has to do with courting as well :)

Thank you for the comment,

Phoebe

Well, that's much better.
Hey, Phoebs, my sis was reading a book where the girl's name was Phoebe and the guy's last name was Palmer!!!! Guess who I thought of when I saw this? Guess, guess? Dumbo! Ok, I'll tell you. You and Daniel!!!! :D :D How is he anyway?? Is he coming to London for the weekends. Oh, and I almost forgot. Alex?? And don't tell me, Alex who?, or I'll smash your head. Any shirtless show with him lately...?? :D
Gah. I should have asked all this on FB, but I'm feeling to lazy to logged in there...

#53 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hi!! You're welcome! Yeah, I feel sorry for her too. And then she spends ages mourning over him until she finally realizes she's over him (and that's when he come back! Is that what going to happen? I bet it is). Mmm, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Well, I liked her a bit more in this update than I did in the last. I think I like her in her own way, if you know what I mean. Oooh, really? Haha, that's okay. Feel free to drop more hints, I like to know what happens next xD You're welcome, that's for catching up on NIBAW.

I just wanted to get this clear right now. I already love Luke! He looks like he will be a lot of fun, especially considering he had 'qualifications'. I can tell Sam's not going to be happy working with him. I can't wait to see how they interact with each other.

Update son!!

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

#54 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

It really depends on whether or not your living outside home.

Thank you. I really love all the characters in this story :) So proud of them. Thank you, I loved the *#&$%% up fairy remark too. Don't worry, Chloe doesn't have a big part in this story although she does drop a bombshell on poor Samantha.

He is hot I can assure you. Surfer dude looks in a suit :P

I don't know. You'll have to wait and see :)

Oh right. OK thanks for the info :)

BOMBSHELL? What sort of bombshell???? Oooh exciting!!! :D

Surfer dude looks in a suit. Perfect way to describe him.

You always say that :(

Alex

#55 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

You're welcome :) Hehe you sounded just like a publicist. THIRD story???? WHY????? :( Yay I'm officially MRS LUKE MARSHALL :D He better not come back or else I'll kick his butt back to Dublin :P

Michelle

I am all of my characters publicist at the moment :D

Oooh I do think Samantha would like that. Even if she would try and deny it lol.

I would kick his butt back to Tibuktu or however you spell it.

Well, that's much better.
Hey, Phoebs, my sis was reading a book where the girl's name was Phoebe and the guy's last name was Palmer!!!! Guess who I thought of when I saw this? Guess, guess? Dumbo! Ok, I'll tell you. You and Daniel!!!! :D :D How is he anyway?? Is he coming to London for the weekends. Oh, and I almost forgot. Alex?? And don't tell me, Alex who?, or I'll smash your head. Any shirtless show with him lately...?? :D
Gah. I should have asked all this on FB, but I'm feeling to lazy to logged in there...

REALLY? That is so awesome! Oh my God, I'm totally happy right now. Like, VERY happy :D Please tell me the name of the book; I totally want to read it now.

I'm actually going there for the weekend :) Since he spent a week here.

Alex, well ... he's VERY flirty. He keeps saying that he spends his friday afternoons at home just for ME!!!! And I've told him a thousand times that I have a boyfriend loool. And no, he's managed to keep the shirt on, thank God!

Hi!! You're welcome! Yeah, I feel sorry for her too. And then she spends ages mourning over him until she finally realizes she's over him (and that's when he come back! Is that what going to happen? I bet it is). Mmm, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Well, I liked her a bit more in this update than I did in the last. I think I like her in her own way, if you know what I mean. Oooh, really? Haha, that's okay. Feel free to drop more hints, I like to know what happens next xD You're welcome, that's for catching up on NIBAW.

I just wanted to get this clear right now. I already love Luke! He looks like he will be a lot of fun, especially considering he had 'qualifications'. I can tell Sam's not going to be happy working with him. I can't wait to see how they interact with each other.

Update son!!

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

Hahaha I love people's theories. But your one is very close :)

I'm sure you'll like Emily as the story progresses - she's really nice in her own weird way.

I love Luke too! And I'm glad you do too. Oh she's not going to be happy at all!

Will do.

Oh right. OK thanks for the info :)

BOMBSHELL? What sort of bombshell???? Oooh exciting!!! :D

Surfer dude looks in a suit. Perfect way to describe him.

You always say that :(

Alex

No problem.

Haha nice try. But I can't tell you :P

I know, right???

I'm sorry, Alex :(

Phoebe

#56 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

REALLY? That is so awesome! Oh my God, I'm totally happy right now. Like, VERY happy :D Please tell me the name of the book; I totally want to read it now.

I'm actually going there for the weekend :) Since he spent a week here.

Alex, well ... he's VERY flirty. He keeps saying that he spends his friday afternoons at home just for ME!!!! And I've told him a thousand times that I have a boyfriend loool. And no, he's managed to keep the shirt on, thank God!

Phoebe

It's an old book. I'm not sure you'd want to read it. Mills and boon. My sis was really desperate and started looking for books in an old dusting box. Anyway, the title is Barely Decent by Jennifer Labreque. And you know what? My sis told me that Phoebe and the guy was best friend in the beginning....like you and Daniel were close friends. Isn't that sweet!!

Ohh, flirty, huh! Poor him. Waiting on firday afternoons!! Thank God?? Don't you want to see his fabulous abs??? Or the shoulders?? Lol
Update real soon, ok!

#57 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:31 AM

No problem.

Haha nice try. But I can't tell you :P

I know, right???

I'm sorry, Alex :(

Phoebe

WHYYYYYYYY? I thought we were really good friends *cough* After all the things I've done for you loool.

RIGHT! :D

You always say that too *cries* ;)

Alex

#58 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

I am all of my characters publicist at the moment :D

Oooh I do think Samantha would like that. Even if she would try and deny it lol.

I would kick his butt back to Tibuktu or however you spell it.

Nice! Can you put me through to Luke please? :) Tut tut. Denial is not pretty ;) I think that is how you spell it but that's not important. We have to kick his butt to an a lonely place with no women or guitars ... or whatever instrument he plays.

Michelle

#59 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

It's an old book. I'm not sure you'd want to read it. Mills and boon. My sis was really desperate and started looking for books in an old dusting box. Anyway, the title is Barely Decent by Jennifer Labreque. And you know what? My sis told me that Phoebe and the guy was best friend in the beginning....like you and Daniel were close friends. Isn't that sweet!!

Ohh, flirty, huh! Poor him. Waiting on firday afternoons!! Thank God?? Don't you want to see his fabulous abs??? Or the shoulders?? Lol
Update real soon, ok!

Well how old is the book? And most importantly, is it a romance book? Because I am definitely going to do some searching on Amazon this weekend :D That is sweet. So weird though, I'm definitely gonna tell Dan about this lol.

Poor him??? It's SAD! A good looking guy like him should be searching for a girl outside the house!!! I don't think he has abs, Shaheen, And even if he did I wouldn't be able to look at them without blushing. He does have nice shoulders though :P

WHYYYYYYYY? I thought we were really good friends *cough* After all the things I've done for you loool.

RIGHT! :D

You always say that too *cries* ;)

Alex

Ooh can you name all the things you've done for me? :) I am suddenly interested.

I'm sorry :( Really I am.

Nice! Can you put me through to Luke please? :) Tut tut. Denial is not pretty ;) I think that is how you spell it but that's not important. We have to kick his butt to an a lonely place with no women or guitars ... or whatever instrument he plays.

Michelle

He does not wish to speak to you at this moment.

It isn't. You're right :)

He does play the guitar. Good guess.

Phoebe

#60 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:12 AM

Well how old is the book? And most importantly, is it a romance book? Because I am definitely going to do some searching on Amazon this weekend :D That is sweet. So weird though, I'm definitely gonna tell Dan about this lol.

Poor him??? It's SAD! A good looking guy like him should be searching for a girl outside the house!!! I don't think he has abs, Shaheen, And even if he did I wouldn't be able to look at them without blushing. He does have nice shoulders though :P

Turn out, it isn't that old. It was the book looked pretty old, yellow pages.
Anyway, I looked it up for you on amazon, HERE and HERE
Same book, but different covers. I have the second one.

Totally!!! If it was another day of the week, like monday, it wouldn't have been so sad, but c'mon, FRIDAY?? That gets down to pretty pathetic! But well, who know, maybe he is just joking about waiting up for........Lol, yeah. You mentioned his fabs shoulders before!! :D

#61 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

Ooh can you name all the things you've done for me? :) I am suddenly interested.

I'm sorry :( Really I am.

Well ........ I've commented on EVERY story you've posted. That's one :P

Yea yea whatever rofl.

Alex

#62 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

He does not wish to speak to you at this moment.

It isn't. You're right :)

He does play the guitar. Good guess.

Phoebe

*GASPETH* BUT I'M HIS WIFE!!! :icon_mecry2: Thank you Phoebelicious ^_^

Michelle

#63 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

Turn out, it isn't that old. It was the book looked pretty old, yellow pages.
Anyway, I looked it up for you on amazon, HERE and HERE
Same book, but different covers. I have the second one.

Totally!!! If it was another day of the week, like monday, it wouldn't have been so sad, but c'mon, FRIDAY?? That gets down to pretty pathetic! But well, who know, maybe he is just joking about waiting up for........Lol, yeah. You mentioned his fabs shoulders before!! :D

THANK YOU :) I will definitely buy it this weekend.

Yessss so pathetic. Maybe I'll tell him that tomorrow, in a jokey way of course. Don't want to offend him.

Waiting up for what Shaheenie? *Suspicious eyes* lol

Well ........ I've commented on EVERY story you've posted. That's one :P

Yea yea whatever rofl.

Alex

Yeah that's one but i need a list :D

lol Are you mad at me???

*GASPETH* BUT I'M HIS WIFE!!! :icon_mecry2: Thank you Phoebelicious ^_^

Michelle

HA! That just made me laugh and you'll find out why in the next few updates ;)

You're welcome.

Phoebe

#64 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Strictly Secretive
Lies. Secrets. All in one magazine

Chapter Three

“Okay,” Sadie squeaked out in excitement as I entered Café Pasta in Kensington High Street, “Tell us everything!”

The two of them - Sadie and Emily - were sitting at the far end of the café where we usually sat - right next to the men’s loo. Now you must have thought it was weird that we sat next to the man’s loo and I had to admit it was but Emily claimed it was a great way to check out the guys no matter how disgusting the smell was.

“Hi to you too, Sadie,” I answered with a smile once I had sat down.

“Did you *&^%$% Jack?” Emily wanted to know.

“Nope.” I grinned.

Emily raised her eyebrows. “Did you *&^%$% the hot guy at least?” Oh God. Just the mention of Luke Marshall annoyed me.

My smile faltered. “No,” I replied bitterly.

“Why not?” Emily demanded angrily. “He’s gorgeous with a capital g!”

“He is also irritating with a capital I,” I shot back.

The cute waiter who worked there suddenly appeared, a professional smile on his face. “Is there anything I can get you ladies?” the waiter asked politely.

“Coke with ice,” Sadie said.

“Coffee,” I answered.

Emily smiled in her sultry way and said, “Martini please.”

The waiter blinked back and grinned in a cheeky way and went back to the bar in a daze. Emily Madison definitely had that affect on men in London.

Sadie rolled her eyes. “So, tell us,” she begged. “What happened?”

I sighed. “Well, I didnt get fired but,” I explained, “I have to work with Mr Irritating until I get my ‘spark’ back.”

“That’s good, isn’t it?” asked Emily who then winked at the waiter who appeared with our drinks.

“In a way it is,” I ventured slowly. “But I’m afraid,” I added.

Sadie smiled knowingly. “Afraid of falling for him?” Falling for Luke Marshall was the last possible thing I wanted to do. Not even if we were the last man and woman on worth, I wouldn’t fall in love with that egotistical, sex addict freak! But he really does have nice lips. Okay, why was I thinking that. Luke Marshall has disgusting lips.

“No!” I almost yelled. “I’m afraid if … Mr Irritating will change it. I mean, he already wants to make it more sexy,” I muttered.

Emily perked up. “Ooh I am definitely going to subscribe now.” She laughed.

I glared at her. “Are you on his side?” Great. Not only has Luke Marshall taken away my column but he’s completely brainwashed my friends too with his good looks. I mean, his disgusting good looks.

Emily rolled her eyes. “Sam, you can’t go wrong with sexy,” she stated. “And if the sales will go up then what’s the problem?”

“The problem is,” I said through gritted teeth, “that my sanity will suffer If I spend any time with that man!”

Sadie snorted. “Why?” she asked in astonishment. “He’s so scrumptious.”

“Hmm,” Emily murmured. “I wouldnt mind having a piece of Mr Irritating.”

“Oh piss off both of you,” I exclaimed jokingly. “You’re meant to be on my side.”

“Ooh jealous?” Sadie teased.

“No.” Lies.

“Can I have another martini please?” Emily called out.

“I don’t know what Jack was thinking hiring that man to help me!” I thought out loud. “‘Do you want me to remind you how boring your column is?’ Thats what he said to me. Can you believe it?”

“Just give him a chance, Sam,” said Sadie fairly. “He might end up not being irritating.”

I shrugged. “I guess,” I agreed reluctantly. “And I still have control over the column right?”

“Of course!” she responded.

“Does he have a big package?” Emily wanted to know, who was looking a bit tipsy.

I choked on my ice tea. “What?”

“Do you think he has a big anatomy?” Emily said slowly.

“How am I supposed to know?” I demanded, my voice slightly on the squeaky side. Although why it was squeaky, was a mystery because there was no way in hell I felt the slightest bit of attraction for Luke Marshall. No way. No way.

“Oh please.” Emily snorted. “Like you didn’t do an inspection when you entered the bloody room.”

“If you must know,” I argued hotly, “He was sitting down so I couldn’t tell!” I supposed, however, he must have a big anatomy. I mean, it’s not like Luke Marshall is grotesque - he’s not the most handsome guy in the world like Cooper - in any way with his silky blond hair and blue eyes and his flawless skin. Oh God. What was happening to me? “I suppose,” I continued thoughtfully, “He might be … gifted in that … department.”

Emily and Sadie grinned. “That’s all I wanted to know,” Emily said with a wink.

“Oh God.” I groaned.

“Oh my God!“ Sadie exclaimed. “You fancy him!”

“What?” I retorted. “No, I don’t!”

“You’re blushing,” she pointed out.

“It’s chilly in here,“ I said defensively. “That’s all.”

“You *&^%$%ing liar,” Sadie said in amazement. “Admit it, Sam; hes gorgeous and you want to jump his bones.”

“I do not!” Although the image of me jumping his bones did make me feel a bit fever-ish, in bad way of course.

“Good,” Emily said. “I’ll jump his bones!”

“Em!” I said in a horrified tone.

Emily blinked innocently. “Oh, do you want to do him first?” she asked politely.

“No!” Yes. No. No.

Emily winked. “It’s okay, I can share.”

“I do not fancy Luke Marshall!” I said firmly.

“Do you happen to fancy Ben Owens?” Emily asked.

“Ben Owens?” I echoed in confusion.

“Didnt we meet him at that party you threw on Saturday, Em?” asked Sadie.

“Yep,” said Emily. “He took a shine on our Sam.”

“So?” I shrugged.

Em narrowed her eyes. “He wants to go out with you!” she exclaimed as if it was obvious.

“Oh,” I murmured. “That’s nice.”

“Tomorrow at seven,” she then said.

“No!” I exclaimed. “Em, please cancel.”

“Why?” Em wanted to know. “Did Mr Marshall put you off from going out?”

After several seconds, I said, “On seconds thoughts, I might as well go. I have nothing planned.”

Emily smiled. “Another martini!” she called out to the waiter.

“Sure,” he said cheerfully.

“Em, that’s your third martini,” I pointed out to her.

“I know,” she said. “The waiter’s *&^%$%ing gorgeous.”

Christ. All Emily had to do was order a freaking martini and she could sleep with the cute waiter. I would need a martini just to get through tomorrow. Tomorrow; first day I’m going to work with Luke Marshall. Make that two martini’s. Sh*t. He’s turned me into an alcoholic.

I looked at Jack’s door for a long time. Inside, Luke Marshall was probably jotting down ideas on how to turn my column into absolute trash. Sexy trash, I mean. What was I doing, standing outside like a total coward? I wasn’t a coward. I didn’t run away from things like this, I stood my ground. So why was I hiding from Luke Marshall like a scared little puppy. I wasn’t nervous. Was I? No. There was no way I could be scared if Luke Marshall.

For one, he wasn’t scary. Not very scary, anyway. Okay. I was astounded and shocked by how handsome he was yesterday but that doesn’t mean anything! Cooper was handsome - even more handsome than Luke Marshall - and I was never flushed in front of Cooper. I was confident plus I was able to communicate - flirt - coherently. But for some strange f*cked up reason, I can’t seem to look into Luke’s eyes without blushing furiously.

How pathetic was I? I mean, I couldn’t even walk inside the room! Oh God, how bad could it be really? I mean, he couldn’t possibly fire me and like Sadie said last night, I still had control over the column. And I was not going to make my column more sexy or bring more sex because it’s strictly a romance column. No more than that. Besides, Jack was going to be there and as soon as he saw how sh*tty Luke Marshall was, Jack was definitely going to fire him. At least, I hoped so. I regretted not drowning down a martini that morning.

“Are you going in dear?” Judy asked, a puzzled frown on her face.

I gulped and nodded vigorously. “Absolutely!” I said. “I’m just … admiring the door.” Lies.

Judy glanced at door and threw me a sympathetic smile. She obviously thought I was loony. “Yes, it’s very nice dear,” she replied. She spoke to me as if I was a loony. “Can’t you open it?” she then asked with raised eyebrows.

Of course!” I snapped. “Of course I can open it.”

Judy looked at me expectantly and I had no choice but to open the door.

“Where’s Jack?” I demanded in a panicky tone.

Luke Marshall was leaning back on Jack’s chair, rifling through papers with a pout. He looked totally calm and I hated him for it. Why couldn’t I be calm like that? “Good morning, Samantha,” he greeted me with a smile. And he smiled. Why did he have to smile?

Where’s Jack?” I repeated.

Jack is in a meeting,” replied Luke Marshall. “Is that a problem?” he inquired.

No,” I lied. “I just thought he would be here, that’s all.” Lies. Again.

Luke Marshall looked confused. “Is he usually with you when you work?

No.”

Then why should this be any different?”

I swallowed. “So it’s just us?” I murmured nervously.

Just us,” he said firmly then he shot me a lopsided grin. “Nervous?” he asked as if he totally knew what I was thinking.

Should I be?” I asked half joking.

I’ll let you know.” And he looked away. Thank God.

“Okay,” I breathed. “What are we focusing on today?”

Luke Marshall leaned back on his chair with his hands behind his head, like the way he did yesterday. It’s the biceps. That was why it was so distracting. Luke Marshall had well defined biceps and he was a freaking counsellor or whatever! “You,” he said, breaking my thoughts from his biceps.

Me?” I asked in astonishment.

Yep.

I hardly think my readers will have any interest in my life,” I answered with a laugh.

He raised his eyebrows. “Your love life must be truly disappointing.” What? How could he think that after I told him I was in love?

Are you making a special effort to irritate me to death?” I asked as nicely as I could.

Maybe,” he said seriously.

I told you yesterday I was in love.”

He smirked. Was?

Am,” I hastily corrected myself. “Am in love.

Is he in love with you?” What a stupid question. Of course Cooper was in love with me. He was just in denial … all the way in Dublin.

Of course!

And what does the lucky man do?” he demanded. What was this, a questionnaire?

He’s a musician,” I replied with a sigh.

Luke Marshall laughed.

Is that funny?” I demanded bitterly.

He coughed trying to stifle another laugh. “Not at all,” he said, a slow grin spreading on his face. “Is he successful?”

Successful enough that he’s touring the country.

How do you keep in touch?”

I rolled my eyes. “The phone. Emails etc.

You must be very sexually frustrated,” Luke Marshall then said with another one of his mocking serious expression. And how true was what he said? Very true. “Want me to take care of that for you?” he asked with a wink.

I cocked my head to the side and put on my best flirty face on. “Well why don’t you slip into something more comfortable?” I asked. “Like a coma?”

Luke Marshall chuckled. “You’re faithful,” he remarked with approval. “I like that.”

“Listen, I don’t want you here. I don’t want you to ‘help’ me get my column back on track but it was Jack’s decision and I have to respect that but I want you to leave the sexual innuendos for your girlfriends and when you’re with me it has to be strictly professional.”

He frowned. “It’s a romance column,” he said, “So shouldn’t it be strictly romantic?

No.”

He smiled gently. “I apologize then.

Thank you.”

Luke Marshall leaned forward and grabbed the piece of papers laying on Jack’s desk. “It’s funny,” he commented, “You claim to be in love yet your advising women to stay away from men.” He looked up questioningly.

I’m telling them to be picky,” I explained.

And that’s a good thing?” he inquired.

It’s better than being with a compete douche.

Are you picky?”

I ignored him. “Most men are pricks.”

He grinned. “And why are men pricks?”

“If you dress nicely, he says you're a snob. If you dress sexy, he says you're a ^$#@$^^. If you argue with him, he says you're stubborn. If you're quiet, he says you're stupid. If you call him, he says you're needy and clingy. If he calls you, he says you should be grateful. If you don't love him, he'll try to win you. If you love him, he'll leave you. If you don't f*k him, he'll say you don't love him. If you do, he'll say you're easy. If you tell him your problems, he'll say you're irritating. If you don't , he'll say you don't trust him. If you lecture him, he'll say you're *%^##y. If he lectures you, it's because he "cares". If you break a promise, you can't be trusted. If he breaks it, he had to. If you cheat, he'll expect it to be over. If he cheats, he expects to be given another chance either way.”

For several seconds, Luke Marshall started at me with a look of complete disbelief on his face. He looked shocked and - if I wasn’t mistaken - amused. “I’m guessing your boyfriend doesn’t do any those things?” he asked sarcastically.

I held my chin high. “No, he doesn’t,” I answered sweetly. “He’s perfect.”

Perfect or boring?” he challenged.

Perfect,” I answered. “So do you see my point?”

He shook his head. “Nope.

Oh come on!” I laughed. “You have to see my point. At least a little.”

Not all men are like that, Samantha,” he tried to reason. I agreed; Cooper wasn’t like that.

Name one man who isn’t like that,” I ordered.

He laughed disbelievingly. “For me to know a man who does not do those things, I would have to know every single relationship which I don’t.”

I folded my arms. “What about the relationships around you?”

He shrugged. “The relationships around me are pretty healthy.

You have no way of knowing that,” I said.

You can always tell if you observe them.

What do you mean?” I asked.

I mean,” he explained, “I mean, if we were all in a restaurant having a nice dinner, for example. A couple in a healthy, loving relationship would touch each other frequently; holding hands; touching arms. They would sneak glances at each other and smile. They would kiss when they thought nobody was looking. Be considerate; asking what drink they want. Stand up when the woman stands up. It's those little things that show me relationships are healthy.

Those little things sound nice,” I murmured wistfully.

Your boyfriend doesn’t do those things?” he asked puzzled.

He does!” I exclaimed. “I just miss him … doing those things.” Lies.

Luke looked down suddenly. “Right, well.” He coughed. “I think I figured out what this month’s article should be about.

What?

Healthy relationships,” he replied.

I almost smiled but I was too upset. “Sounds good.”

Don’t make everything seem so positive. Every relationship has it’s up and downs but if it’s meant to be then,” he looked up and fixed his gaze on mine, “It’s meant to be.

Okay.” I nodded.

Okay.” He smiled. “Good. I think this meeting was productive.” And he stood up. He really was tall.

I stood up also. “We spent half the time talking about me,” I pointed out.

He smiled. “Like I said; productive.” And he walked out of Jack’s office.

I sank down in my chair. What did I just do? What did I just say?

#65 Panda85

Panda85

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

AWESOME chapter! :eusa_clap:
update soon.....

#66 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

That was hilarious !!

xxxLeanniexxx

#67 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

WOW.
VERY NICE!!!!!!!
i liked that!
oh my gosh, its s weird, he really IS Irritating.
yet at the same time...hes GREAT!
update soon please!

Edited by bookwormwriter98, 12 November 2010 - 06:19 AM.

#68 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

“If you dress nicely, he says you're a snob. If you dress sexy, he says you're a ^$#@$^^. If you argue with him, he says you're stubborn. If you're quiet, he says you're stupid. If you call him, he says you're needy and clingy. If he calls you, he says you should be grateful. If you don't love him, he'll try to win you. If you love him, he'll leave you. If you don't f*k him, he'll say you don't love him. If you do, he'll say you're easy. If you tell him your problems, he'll say you're irritating. If you don't , he'll say you don't trust him. If you lecture him, he'll say you're *%^##y. If he lectures you, it's because he "cares". If you break a promise, you can't be trusted. If he breaks it, he had to. If you cheat, he'll expect it to be over. If he cheats, he expects to be given another chance either way.”

The BESTEST paragraph ever, and so, so, very true!!
Hat's off Phoebe! I actually made my brother read this...anyway, he's reaction was totally different than mine. But then, he's a guy...and the thing is, I'm sure that will make him thinks for a while. My sis in law should thank me for this :D

Lovely update. And Luke was flirting!!! It was so obvious. And I can totally bet that he doesn't believe Sam about her 'healthy relationship' with her boyfriend.

Update soon!! Love you.

#69 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

Yeah that's one but i need a list :D

lol Are you mad at me???

Oooo too bad I don't have one :blush:

Should I be???? lol I'm quoting Sam there.

Lovely update, Phoebs :) Like Shaheen said, that paragraph was EPIC. And SO true but Luke IS right, not all relationships are like that so they're both right lol :D

I just love the conversations, Sam, Emily and Sadie have; they're hilarious. Emily is sooo funny when she's drunk! And I like her because she's just soo honest... unlike Samantha not that i don't like her too. Poor Sadie is always stuck in the middle rofl.

It's funny how Sam and Luke interact with each other. And its amazing how he justs get her to spill everything!!! Love Luke even if he is irritating sometimes lol.

Alex

#70 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

AWESOME chapter! :eusa_clap:
update soon.....

Thank you very much :D

That was hilarious !!

xxxLeanniexxx

Haha thank you so much Leannie :)

WOW.
VERY NICE!!!!!!!
i liked that!
oh my gosh, its s weird, he really IS Irritating.
yet at the same time...hes GREAT!
update soon please!

Thank you Bookie :) I appreciate it.

He is irritating, I have to admit. Well, everyone has their flaws right?

Will do.

The BESTEST paragraph ever, and so, so, very true!!
Hat's off Phoebe! I actually made my brother read this...anyway, he's reaction was totally different than mine. But then, he's a guy...and the thing is, I'm sure that will make him thinks for a while. My sis in law should thank me for this :D

Lovely update. And Luke was flirting!!! It was so obvious. And I can totally bet that he doesn't believe Sam about her 'healthy relationship' with her boyfriend.

Update soon!! Love you.

Thank you :) I'm really proud of that paragraph. Took me AGES to write but I managed to pull it off. Well, of course his reaction was different. Boys are a total different specie to girls. Seriously.

I think he does believe her, Shaheenie. I mean, he has no reason NOT to trust her right?

Will do. Love ya too :heartbeat:

Oh and you better update Maple Love!!!

Oooo too bad I don't have one :blush:

Should I be???? lol I'm quoting Sam there.

Lovely update, Phoebs :) Like Shaheen said, that paragraph was EPIC. And SO true but Luke IS right, not all relationships are like that so they're both right lol :D

I just love the conversations, Sam, Emily and Sadie have; they're hilarious. Emily is sooo funny when she's drunk! And I like her because she's just soo honest... unlike Samantha not that i don't like her too. Poor Sadie is always stuck in the middle rofl.

It's funny how Sam and Luke interact with each other. And its amazing how he justs get her to spill everything!!! Love Luke even if he is irritating sometimes lol.

Alex

Yes you should be :P

They are both right. I think its why I love Sam and Luke; they both have different opinions about everything in their own way, their both right.

I love their conversations too! I'm glad you like them.

Samantha isn't honest, I agree with you. Its one of her flaws.

Will do,

Phoebe

#71 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

HA! That just made me laugh and you'll find out why in the next few updates ;)

You're welcome.

Phoebe

Ok now I'm very curious. WHY DID THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH???????????

The update was fantastic, funny and chick-litty which I love :) Gosh, I just love reading Emily. Sam and Sadie's conversations; you never know what's going to pop up like Emily when she started to talk about Luke's certain body part. It was hilarious reading Sam's reaction. But why does she need to deny the attraction between them??? So annoying :( The first meeting was good also. Like someone said before, I like the way Luke manages to get everything out of her except from the fact that she is NOT going out with Cooper and she is so NOT in love with him :P And oh my God. I love that little paragraph you wrote. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! You just wowed me lol :D UPDATE!!!

Michelle

#72 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

Thank you :) I'm really proud of that paragraph. Took me AGES to write but I managed to pull it off. Well, of course his reaction was different. Boys are a total different specie to girls. Seriously.

I think he does believe her, Shaheenie. I mean, he has no reason NOT to trust her right?

Will do. Love ya too :heartbeat:

Oh and you better update Maple Love!!!

Phoebe

Well, you should be proud. Because it was totally awesome. I read that about three times the other day, and today I just reread it again.
Well....maybe you're right ;)
Oh and, I read The Book, you know, Barely Decent. It was cool book. Maybe that's because it after so long I'm reading a mills and boon. I remember once I was addicted to these and then started losing interest cause most of the male in them are male chauvinists. Anyway, the guy's name is Ryan Palmer. And he's kinda of awesome. So is Phoebe in it. Funny, I couldn't get you off my head while reading it, and kept on grinning like a fool.

#73 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

Yes you should be :P

They are both right. I think its why I love Sam and Luke; they both have different opinions about everything in their own way, their both right.

I love their conversations too! I'm glad you like them.

Samantha isn't honest, I agree with you. Its one of her flaws.

Will do,

Phoebe

Oh I totally agree with you on that one :) Amazing how that is so true.

Well, she's not honest but we all know she's a good person. And you know everyone lies! Its not good to lie of course but mostly people lie about everyday things such as 'Yes Mum, I did my homework'. But if you were to lie about killing someone, that wouldnt be so acceptable.

Alex

#74 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Ok now I'm very curious. WHY DID THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH???????????

The update was fantastic, funny and chick-litty which I love :) Gosh, I just love reading Emily. Sam and Sadie's conversations; you never know what's going to pop up like Emily when she started to talk about Luke's certain body part. It was hilarious reading Sam's reaction. But why does she need to deny the attraction between them??? So annoying :( The first meeting was good also. Like someone said before, I like the way Luke manages to get everything out of her except from the fact that she is NOT going out with Cooper and she is so NOT in love with him :P And oh my God. I love that little paragraph you wrote. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! You just wowed me lol :D UPDATE!!!

Michelle

Oh you'll find out soon enough *evil laugh*

Thank you :)

I completely agree with you. The wonderful thing about Emily is that she's sooo random.

Haha seems like a lot of people like that paragraph so thank you :) I'm happy everyone liked it.

Tomorrow!

Well, you should be proud. Because it was totally awesome. I read that about three times the other day, and today I just reread it again.
Well....maybe you're right ;)
Oh and, I read The Book, you know, Barely Decent. It was cool book. Maybe that's because it after so long I'm reading a mills and boon. I remember once I was addicted to these and then started losing interest cause most of the male in them are male chauvinists. Anyway, the guy's name is Ryan Palmer. And he's kinda of awesome. So is Phoebe in it. Funny, I couldn't get you off my head while reading it, and kept on grinning like a fool.

Oh wow! You've read it three times already?? lol I had to re-write that paragraph 1000000000000000000000 times! lol

Yeah I read the blurb. And I actually read one of her books online - unfortunately I couldn't find Barely Decent - but I have to agree with the male chauvinist thing even if thats what make them so hot.

Aww :) I can't wait to read it now! I spoke to Dan about it and he just shook his head like I was crazy or something. And he mentioned something ''coincidence'. Boys. They obviously don't know anyhing at all.

Oh I totally agree with you on that one :) Amazing how that is so true.

Well, she's not honest but we all know she's a good person. And you know everyone lies! Its not good to lie of course but mostly people lie about everyday things such as 'Yes Mum, I did my homework'. But if you were to lie about killing someone, that wouldnt be so acceptable.

Alex

Yeah I totally agree. Everyone lies but you know sometimes, lying helps lol in a weird way. I can't explain it loool :D

Phoebe

#75 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Oh you'll find out soon enough *evil laugh*

Thank you :)

I completely agree with you. The wonderful thing about Emily is that she's sooo random.

Haha seems like a lot of people like that paragraph so thank you :) I'm happy everyone liked it.

Tomorrow!

Oh my God. Phoebe!!!! You have no idea how curious I am do you? :P You're welcome :) She is random!!! But I like Emily being random, its what makes her fun. That and her promiscuity. Is that how you spell it??? :D I LOVED it actually. You're so creative, Phoebs :) YAY!!!

Michelle

#76 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

Oh wow! You've read it three times already?? lol I had to re-write that paragraph 1000000000000000000000 times! lol

Yeah I read the blurb. And I actually read one of her books online - unfortunately I couldn't find Barely Decent - but I have to agree with the male chauvinist thing even if thats what make them so hot.

Aww :) I can't wait to read it now! I spoke to Dan about it and he just shook his head like I was crazy or something. And he mentioned something ''coincidence'. Boys. They obviously don't know anyhing at all.

Lol, so many times?? I don't doubt it. ;)
You sure sounds pretty excited, Phoebs. And Ryan in it is pretty cute too, with his Phoebe-I-hate-all-your-boyfriends kind of attitude.

Yeah, It's kinda of hot, that, I can't denied. But sometimes I seriously want to kick their you know what. Especially the Greeks one. They are all so arrogant with their alpha male attitudes. :evil:
Oh shoo! Daniel is having to total typical male reaction with his shaking his head and all. Guys! *shakes head to this pathetic and ignorant species*
No offence to Daniel :P

#77 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

Yeah I totally agree. Everyone lies but you know sometimes, lying helps lol in a weird way. I can't explain it loool :D

Phoebe

Haha how can you explain it? :)

Where's our update???

Alex

#78 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

Oh my God. Phoebe!!!! You have no idea how curious I am do you? :P You're welcome :) She is random!!! But I like Emily being random, its what makes her fun. That and her promiscuity. Is that how you spell it??? :D I LOVED it actually. You're so creative, Phoebs :) YAY!!!

Michelle

I think I have an idea but I'm having way too much fun teasing you :P

Emily is fun but you haven't seen or read her drinking tequila lol. I think that'show you spell it :D

Aw, thank you :)

Lol, so many times?? I don't doubt it. ;)
You sure sounds pretty excited, Phoebs. And Ryan in it is pretty cute too, with his Phoebe-I-hate-all-your-boyfriends kind of attitude.

Yeah, It's kinda of hot, that, I can't denied. But sometimes I seriously want to kick their you know what. Especially the Greeks one. They are all so arrogant with their alpha male attitudes. :evil:
Oh shoo! Daniel is having to total typical male reaction with his shaking his head and all. Guys! *shakes head to this pathetic and ignorant species*
No offence to Daniel :P

Jeez. That's how Dan was with my boyfriends too. Well okay - I only had two boyfriends before him and Dan liked Jake well enough but my first boyfriend!!! Gosh, he hated him.

I don't know any greek people so I don't know looool.

Right??? Some guys can just suck it lol.

Haha how can you explain it? :)

Where's our update???

Alex

You can't hehe ;)

Coming up in the post.

Phoebe

#79 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Strictly Secretive
Lies. Secrets. All in one magazine

Chapter Four

There was no way in hell that a man like Luke Marshall could possibly know anything about romance. I mean, it was virtually impossible. And he didn’t obviously. Obviously he thought romance was all about sex. Which was typical for a man even for a male counsellor. But how dare he, talk about my personal life - in a meeting, no less - where we supposed to talk about the bloody column. Not about me!

And why did I say all those things? That wasn’t me. That wasn’t me at all. I was never distracted in meeting, I was always hundred percent in the game but there I was blabbing about how in love I am. God, Emily and Sadie were going to kill me if they ever found out. Even if they don’t believe how in love I am.

Which was ridiculous! Absolute rubbish. If I wasn’t in love, would I think about Cooper all the time? If I wasn’t in love would I have still kept his favourite guitar in our bedroom? If I wasn’t in love would my heart still be aching for him? See? Absolute rubbish. Nobody knew how I left. Not even Cooper who was right now, sitting outside my apartment. Wait. What?

“Coop?” I murmured, hardly daring to believe my eyes. It was Cooper! It was actually Cooper sitting outside my apartment in the cold! Christ, he was dedicated and romantic and handsome! I mean, he waiting - for me - in the cold. For me!

“Sam,” he said, looking up. His eyes were the same as ever, deep brown. The type of eyes I could drown in and not feel suffocated. Not like Luke Marshall’s eyes who were blue and icy. Wait, why I was thinking about Luke Marshall? Cooper was there!

Christ, Sam,” he muttered whilst shivering, “What took you so f*cking long?”

I stood there for a moment. That wasn’t the kind of reunion I was expecting. I expecting Cooper to apologize for ever leaving, I was expecting a hug, a kiss!

“S-sorry,” I stammered nervously.

He raised one eyebrow. “Well?” he said. “You gonna let us in or what?”

I jolted and quickly found my keys in the bag. As I opened the door for us, I asked, “Coop, what are you doing here?” Not that I wasn’t happy to see him of course. Ecstatic.

He entered before me. So much for ladies first. “Came to take the rest of my stuff, of course,” he replied as if it was obvious. Right. So he wasn’t going to stay - with me.

“Of course!” I said, watching him pick up his stuff which I never dared to throw away. “So are you back in London?”

Cooper turned to me with a guilty expression. “I never left actually.”

What?

“You told me you were going Dublin,” I cried. “For gigs.”

“We were going to go!” He shrugged. “But it never happened.”

“So where are you going to stay now?” I demanded.

He shrugged again. “With some girl,” he replied carelessly. “I think her name’s Carla. Or Carly.”

I felt a pang of jealousy. “And the others?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“I’m the only one staying with her.” This time he looked at me. “We’re sort of a thing now.”

A thing? They were - sort of - a thing? Is that what he called us behind my back? Is that what he called a proper relationship? Where was the man that I fell in love with? Because it wasn’t the man that was standing right in front of me.

“You don’t even know her name!” I couldn’t help but cry.

He ignored me. “Do you know where my guitar is?”

I sighed and sank into the couch. “It’s in our - my bedroom.”

He quickly disappeared into my bedroom and came back. He seemed as if he couldn’t look at me in the eye. “Right, I’m off,” he said. “It was good seeing you again Sammy.”

“You too.”

And he walked out of my apartment. And my life…

Two Weeks Later

“I can’t believe you even let him in,” exclaimed Emily in disbelief as she zipped my tight, tight dress.

“I love him, Em,” I explained patiently, gasping slightly. The dress was really tight. “What do you expect me to do?”

Emily sighed. “I expected you to burn his f*cking guitar!” she answered angrily.

“He loves that guitar,” I murmured softly.

“Who gives a sh*t?” she said. “He obviously never gave a sh*t about you!”

“That is not true!” I retorted. “He said it was good seeing me again,” I added sadly.

Emily spun me around and regarded me steadily. “Listen, Sam, just forget about him okay?” she urged me. “He doesn’t deserve you! And frankly, I don’t see what you ever saw in him.”

I shrugged. “He’s handsome,” I said lamely. “Besides, I can’t forget him! He’s in my head all day long! And I love him!”

“So you keep saying,” snapped Emily. “Does he love you, however?”

“He does,” I said quietly but decisively. “He just doesn’t know it yet.”

“You sound like a freak you know that?” she asked with a laugh.

I knew Emily was making an effort not to throttle me. Sadie, too. But they just simply didn’t understand! How could I forget Cooper? Cooper! Who I’ve been in love with for so long. It’s not simple forgetting someone who you’ve experience so many happy memories.

“Keep still,” Em ordered me, as she started to put mascara on me.

“What’s the point of mascara?” I demanded, grimacing as I glanced at the table full of scary looking make-up. “What the point of make-up in general?”

Emily sighed in irritation. “Don’t you want to look perfect on your date?” she asked with raised eyebrows.

“No,” I said point blank. “Because then he won’t ask me out again.”

“You haven’t been on a date in ages, Sam,” she pointed out.

I sighed. “What are we going to talk about anyway?” I asked.

Emily shrugged. Emily didn’t have to talk on a date, all she did was bat her eyelashes, a few winks here and there, and then boom! They were in bed together. “Talk about yourselves,” she suggested.

“Ourselves,” I echoed.

“Oh I don’t know!” she said. “Talk about the weather if all else fails. It’s universal. Everyone cares.”

“I don’t care,” I pointed out.

Em shot me an annoyed look. “Well, what do you and Luke talk about?” she asked. “You two are always talking.”

I considered her question. “Well, we talk about work,” I replied. “And me. We talk about ‘me’ a lot.”

Emily laughed. “He’s your shrink isn’t he?”

“No, it’s not like that,” I said. “He just asks a lot of questions.” A lot of personal questions.

“You can tell me if you like him, you know,” Emily said casually. “I won’t judge.”

“I don’t like Luke Marshall because I’m in love with Cooper and I’m going on a date with Ben Owens.”

God. When did my life get so complicated?

“Why am I going out with Ben Owens?” I asked in panicky voice.

“Because you need to have sex.”

“I don’t want to have sex with Ben Owens,” I stated. “I haven’t even seen him.”

“Yes you have,” she retorted. “At my party, remember?”

I shook my head. “There were a lot of men at the party.”

Emily frowned. “How would you know?” she asked. “You spent most of time in my bedroom staring at Cooper’s picture.”

“Em,” I said in a warning tone.

“Oh come off it, Sam,” Emily snapped. “Its getting old and you know it. Falling in love must be easy. Falling out of love shouldn’t be so hard.”

“And how do you know?” I demanded. “Have you ever been in love?”

Em shook her head. “That’s not the point.”

“Then what is the point?”

“The point is, Cooper isn’t going to come running back to you like some f*cking Richard Gere, okay?” Emily looked at me apologetically. “He’s moved on and now you have to move on.”

“You’re right.” I sighed.

“I’m sorry, Sam,” said Emily.

I half-smiled. “I’m sorry too.”

Emily looked at me critically. “Okay, you are officially perfect.”

I looked down at myself and I had to admit; I was impressed with Emily’s handy work. I was wearing a silky figure-fit dress with a pleated bust.

“Thanks, Em.”

She smiled. “You’re welcome. Please have sex tonight or all of this would have been for nothing.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’ll try.”

“And be nice to him,” she warned. “You’ve cancelled on him five times already.”

“I had work to do!” I defended myself.

Suddenly, Emily looked interested. “Did you tell Luke you had a date?”

My stomach clenched. Emily had no idea that I told Luke me and Cooper were still together and I knew I didn’t want to tell her. Ever.

“No, why would I tell him?” I wanted to know.

Emily shrugged. “I don’t know,” she said casually. “He does ask a lot of personal questions after all.”

“I didn’t say he asks personal questions,” I said.

Em rolled her eyes. “What kind of questions would he be asking?” Emily looked at her Rolex. “Okay, you’re already late. Go!”

“Orso. Wellington Street,” I said to the taxi driver.

I sat back in my seat and watched out the window as we zoomed past Notting Hill. What was I doing? I couldn’t be on a date whilst in love with someone! I mean, that was just morally wrong. So wrong. And okay - our first ‘reunion’ back wasn’t that magical; it barely lasted ten minutes and he was gone. Still. I loved him.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Cooper would come back; he had to. And he would forget all about Carla or Carly. Ha! He remembered my name so that had to mean something. And Luke can just piss himself; he clearly had no idea what romance was about. So what if he said something right about healthy relationships? He’s obviously never been in love with anyone but himself.

Well, he doesn’t seem vain in anyway even if Emily did say he his suits made him look ‘hot’. And fine, he was amazingly good looking and he somehow made me catch my breath every time I looked at him but that doesn’t mean anything! Cooper was the man that made my catch my breath; he was the man I was in love with!

“Is that who you’re meeting tonight then?” a masculine voice said.

I opened my eyes and noticed the taxi driver looking at me through the rear-view mirror. “Uh. Excuse me?” I said intelligently.

“Well, I assume you’re going on a date.” And he motioned pointedly at my dress.

I looked down at myself. “Oh,” I said, “Yeah I guess I am.”

The taxi driver frowned. “So is that Cooper a good fellow?” he asked curiously.

“Cooper?” I echoed.

His frown deepened. “Well, yeah,” he said looking confused. “That’s the guy you said you’re in love with!”

Oh my God. Did I say that out loud?

“Oh, well yes,” I admitted. “But I’m going to meet someone else.”

The taxi driver nodded and continued on driving. And I closed my eyes again. Since when did taxi drivers started being nosy? You could just tell how pitying he looked right then like I was some f*cking sl*t who went out with lots of different men! Which isn’t even true because first of all, this is the first date I’m going to in ages! Well, since Cooper left me and it’s not like I’m going to like the date! And it’s not like I even wanted to go to this blooming date. I mean, I had pizza delivery, a vibrator and books. Why did I have to leave my house?

“We’re here,” the taxi driver said.

I opened my eyes with colossal effort. “We are?” I asked sadly.

“Yep.” And taxi driver motioned to the big restaurant outside.

“Would you mind going around about five times?” I asked nicely. “I’ll pay you extra!”

The taxi driver smiled. “Tell you what,” he said, “How about you get out of my taxi and you won’t have to pay anything.”

I glanced at the restaurant and sighed. Why was I just thinking about myself? Obviously Ben Owens was waiting for me and imagine how rejected he would feel if I stood up on him.

“Okay,” I said warily. “I’ll go.”

“It was nice meeting you,” he said as I opened the taxi door.

I smiled. “Nice meeting you too.” Honestly. What a nice man.

As I entered the restaurant, I felt a tiny glimmer of hope. I had no idea what Ben Owens looked like! None at all. So if, I couldn’t find this Ben Owens fellow, Emily couldn’t blame me for walking away, right?

I scanned all the tables and I noticed a fairly handsome dark haired man drinking what seemed to be a gin & tonic. He looked up and held up a hand in recognition. Damn it!

I smiled and walked towards his table. “Are you Ben Owens?” I asked.

He nodded. “And you must be Miss Chambers?”

“It’s Ms actually,” I corrected him.

Ben frowned. “Emily didn’t tell me you were divorced.”

“Oh I’m not,” I said, “I just prefer being called Ms.”

“But you can’t be that old,” he remarked looking at me up and down appraisingly. “Thirty-one?”

Thirty-one? He thought I was thirty-one!

“Twenty-eight actually,” I replied stiffly. I realized then that I still hadn’t taken my seat … I didn’t even want to take a seat but nevertheless I took it. God, I was going to kill Emily.

“So, do you have a hard time saying yes?” Ben asked, not looking at me but at the menu. Oh how I hated that. Luke always looked at me in the eye.

“Excuse me?”

“Well its just I’ve asked you out five times before.”

“Oh.” I shrugged. “I had work commitments.”

“Ah, work,” he echoed. “And you’re a journalist?”

I nodded. “Yes.”

Ben frowned. “Can’t be that hard typing a few paragraphs,” he then said. He was right, of course. Usually journalism wasn’t that hard but for the past few weeks, Luke had made me stay in late after work to work on my article. And surprisingly, I didn’t mind too much.

“It usually isn’t,” I answered. “And what do you do?”

Finally, he looked up. “I’m a lawyer.”

I choked on my water. “Lawyer?” I hated lawyers. “That’s … interesting.”

“It really is,” he said … and he didn’t even sound sarcastic.

“I expect you don’t have much time for family and friends then?”

He snorted. “Family and friends?” he echoed with a laugh. “I’ve got my job; that’s all I need.”

“Well, your job isn’t exactly everything,” I said. I was hating this guy even more.

Ben sighed. “My mother is a b*tch, always was always will be,” he said bitterly. “And my so-called friends are a bunch of journalist scumbags who just want the scoop on my latest criminal client.”

“Scumbags.”

He looked up apologetically. “Not all of them, of course,” he hastily said. “But most of them are, you have to admit.”

“It’s their job you daft idiot!” I cried. “Kind of like its your job to defend murderers from any punishment!”

He ignored. “Journalists are scumbags, end of,” he said.

“Well, lawyers are douche-bags!”

“Look, Samantha,” he murmured quietly. “I’m sorry if I offended you with the scumbag comment but -”

“No,” I interrupted him, “You offended me first by saying I looked thirty-one.” I stood up abruptly.

Ben looked startled. “Samantha, what are you doing?” he demanded. “Sit down.”

“I’m leaving,” I said. “Goodbye Mr Owens.”

And I walked off until I bumped into something hard. “Ow,” I muttered, rubbing my shoulder. I looked up and almost hurled because standing right there was Luke Marshall. With a woman. A beautiful red haired woman. And oh my God … he smelt so good.

“Samantha?” He gazed down at me and I didn’t miss the appraising look on his face. Huh. Maybe I might let Emily live after all. “What are you doing here?”

Uh oh. I couldn’t have told Luke I was on a date! He thought I was still dating Cooper! “I just … finished having dinner with a friend.”

Luke’s eyebrows were knit with confusion. “It’s a bit early isn’t it?”

I swept some of my hair from my face. “I’m not feeling too well,” I sniffled. “I want to go home.”

Luke gazed at me, concern stretched out on his face and I wasn’t imagining it either. He actually looked concerned. For me!

“Heather, why don’t you find us a table?” he said, not looking at Heather but keeping his gaze fixed on me.

“Sure.” She smiled.

Luke then shrugged off his jacket. “Here,” he said, placing his jacket around my shoulders.

“This isn’t necessary,” I said, taking the jacket off.

Luke stopped me. “No, it is,” he said. “I’m going to take you home.”

“It’s fine,” I said. “Honestly, I can make my own way home.”

He smiled. “I don’t mind taking you home, Sam.”

“But you’re with someone,” I added.

“She’ll live.”

#80 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

Well Ben Owens = Major Jerk !

I hate Cooper and Luke is growing on me.

Can't wait for more !!

xxxLeanniexxx

#81 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

my overview:
Ben= a*s h*le! one point away from "TOTAL A*S!"
Cooper= butt-head, but not QUITE a*s h*le. by, like, one point.
Luke= much too sweet! prob one point away from being "The annoying guy you just HAVE to love" sort of a Ranma to Akane. (my best reference, sorry if you don't know it. Ranma 1/2 manga and anime series)
ANYWAYS, update soon please?

#82 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

Okay, first of all, OWEN IS A TOTAL ARSE!!! I seriously want to slap him a few times and some more.
And so is COOP!!! I say, Sam should have broken his guitar to bits and then throw it at his face. And then burn up all his clothes. He'd have end up wearing Carla-carly's clothes to sleep.

And Luuukee!!!! gosh! Wasn't he sweet, looking concern about her and all. And giving her HIS jacket!!! :D :D
And yess!! The b!tch date will totally like if Luke ditch her!

Awesome update Phoebs! Post another one soon!
Love you!!

#83 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

COOPER CAME BACK! Posted Image Hopefully he won't come back again. Who did he think he was coming back telling Poor Sam he's got another girlfriend who he doesn't know!!! And he didn't even go to Dublin!! Stupid idiot :angry:

oh my god! That Ben Owens is such a douche-bag!!! He called Sam old AND a scumbag! Who does that on a first date??? On the upside, she bumped into Luke who smelled and looked nice :) On the downside, he was on a date!!! :( Stupid Cooper. Stupid Ben. And stupid Heather.

Ooh and I found this dress which is kind of what I imagined Sam's dress to be...

Posted Image

What do you think? :) It's kind of how I imagined it.

Anywho, GREAT update so please post again soon :P

Alex

#84 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:01 PM

I think I have an idea but I'm having way too much fun teasing you :P

Emily is fun but you haven't seen or read her drinking tequila lol. I think that'show you spell it :D

Aw, thank you :)

I know you are haha :D

COOPER CAME BACK??????????????????????????????? I DON'T THINK I GAVE HIM PERMISSION TO COME BACK. IN FACT, I KNOW I DIDN'T :( And how much of an idiot was he!!!! He didn't even know his new girlfriend's name. I'm telling you him and Ben are as douchey as each other Posted Image Ben was pretty rude on their first and last date. I mean I know he's a lawyer and all but still. NOBODY does that scene on a first date :P Thank the lord Luke came to rescue! But who was that woman with him???? I'm not liking the sound of this Phoebe! He better not be a girlfriend :( UPDATE SOON!!!

Michelle

#85 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

wow
i pictured her in more, slimming glittery dark purple cocktail dress, or maybe in BLACK........
but WHATEVS!
update soon PLEASE??????

#86 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Well Ben Owens = Major Jerk !

I hate Cooper and Luke is growing on me.

Can't wait for more !!

xxxLeanniexxx

I. Totally. Agree :D

Yay Luke is growing on you! You will love him soon. I promise!

Thank you!

my overview:
Ben= a*s h*le! one point away from "TOTAL A*S!"
Cooper= butt-head, but not QUITE a*s h*le. by, like, one point.
Luke= much too sweet! prob one point away from being "The annoying guy you just HAVE to love" sort of a Ranma to Akane. (my best reference, sorry if you don't know it. Ranma 1/2 manga and anime series)
ANYWAYS, update soon please?

I don't know it unfortunately :( But I do love that reference and it suits Luke perfectly.

I will!

Thank you for reading Bookie.

Okay, first of all, OWEN IS A TOTAL ARSE!!! I seriously want to slap him a few times and some more.
And so is COOP!!! I say, Sam should have broken his guitar to bits and then throw it at his face. And then burn up all his clothes. He'd have end up wearing Carla-carly's clothes to sleep.

And Luuukee!!!! gosh! Wasn't he sweet, looking concern about her and all. And giving her HIS jacket!!! :D :D
And yess!! The b!tch date will totally like if Luke ditch her!

Awesome update Phoebs! Post another one soon!
Love you!!

You have my permission to slap Ben. Go on. I won't mind. I'll just stand here, right out of your way lol.

I so considered that happening that wouldn't be Samantha at all! She's too in love with him to do that.

Yes Luke is sweet :D

The *%^## date? How do you know she's a *%^##??????

Will do.

Love ya too :heartbeat:

#87 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

COOPER CAME BACK! Posted Image Hopefully he won't come back again. Who did he think he was coming back telling Poor Sam he's got another girlfriend who he doesn't know!!! And he didn't even go to Dublin!! Stupid idiot :angry:

oh my god! That Ben Owens is such a douche-bag!!! He called Sam old AND a scumbag! Who does that on a first date??? On the upside, she bumped into Luke who smelled and looked nice :) On the downside, he was on a date!!! :( Stupid Cooper. Stupid Ben. And stupid Heather.

Ooh and I found this dress which is kind of what I imagined Sam's dress to be...

Posted Image

What do you think? :) It's kind of how I imagined it.

Anywho, GREAT update so please post again soon :P

Alex

Yeah hopefully he won't come back and even if he does I'll make sure he ends up in hospital or somewhere far away :)

I agree; who does that on a FIRST date? Well .... Ben Owens does :(

Why is everyone so quick to think that Luke was on a date with that red haired woman? It could have been a business meeting!

I love the dress, Alex! I kind of saw this dress in River Island yesterday after work and I kind of hated myself for not describing Sam wearing that type of dress.

images/ficha/notfound.jpg

Yeah I'll update this Thursday.

Thank you for reading!

I know you are haha :D

COOPER CAME BACK??????????????????????????????? I DON'T THINK I GAVE HIM PERMISSION TO COME BACK. IN FACT, I KNOW I DIDN'T :( And how much of an idiot was he!!!! He didn't even know his new girlfriend's name. I'm telling you him and Ben are as douchey as each other Posted Image Ben was pretty rude on their first and last date. I mean I know he's a lawyer and all but still. NOBODY does that scene on a first date :P Thank the lord Luke came to rescue! But who was that woman with him???? I'm not liking the sound of this Phoebe! He better not be a girlfriend :( UPDATE SOON!!!

Michelle

YES COOPER CAME BACK!!! :(

They are as douchey as each other :/ Bloody bastards.

The woman was a friend :) *Evil laugh*

Will do lol.

wow
i pictured her in more, slimming glittery dark purple cocktail dress, or maybe in BLACK........
but WHATEVS!
update soon PLEASE??????

Kind of like the dress above??? I sort of did too but then Sam isn't really the glittery dress wearing type.

Will do Bookie :)

Phoebe

#88 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

Sorry you can't see the picture!

Posted Image

#89 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

YES COOPER CAME BACK!!! :(

They are as douchey as each other :/ Bloody bastards.

The woman was a friend :) *Evil laugh*

Will do lol.

Oh she was just a friend was she????? I don't believe you :P

Sorry you can't see the picture!

Posted Image

Love the dress! And the shoes.

Michelle

#90 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

Yeah hopefully he won't come back and even if he does I'll make sure he ends up in hospital or somewhere far away :)

I agree; who does that on a FIRST date? Well .... Ben Owens does :(

Why is everyone so quick to think that Luke was on a date with that red haired woman? It could have been a business meeting!

I love the dress, Alex! I kind of saw this dress in River Island yesterday after work and I kind of hated myself for not describing Sam wearing that type of dress.

images/ficha/notfound.jpg

Yeah I'll update this Thursday.

Thank you for reading!

You better make him go hospital! I mean it, Phoebe!

Soooo are you saying he wasn't on a date? :D

Oh! I love River Island although it is pretty expensive but I just love looking at the clothes.

Yay! You're welcome :)

Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users