• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#1 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Hi Posted Image Please comment and let me know what you think.

Strictly Secretive
Lies. Secrets. All in one magazine

Prologue

Every girl wanted a Prince Charming, and while he may be nice and all, I would have rather had the guy that was going to call at four in the morning just to say hi. Or someone who would stop by my house after just hanging up the phone because he wanted to see how I was really doing, because I said I was fine, but we both knew I was lying. Or the guy who would stay home on a Saturday night with me because I was sick. That guy, that one guy, he may not have been Prince Charming to anyone else... but he'd have been my hero. My knight in shining armour. Anyone who'd rather stay home on a Saturday night and hold my hair while I puked... that's a hero.

And I had a guy who did all those things… at the start. Our life was perfect. More than perfect, it was more like a fairy-tale, to be honest. And then one day, out of nowhere, he ended it. He ended us with one bloody note.

It’s over.

I remembered my heart stopped beating as I read those words. Those two little words which made my blood run cold. How could he have ended it? Ended our relationship. Our love. My head was spinning as I tried to think of reasons why and how. Was I not good enough for him? Well, obviously not but why would he have stuck with me for all those months? Why did we spend every night together, making love, talking about ourselves, our future … together.

I cried myself to sleep that night. I cried myself to sleep for a whole month. It was pathetic really. I didn’t really know him that well and we weren’t together for that long. Were we even together at all? As in boyfriend and girlfriend. I certainly seemed to think so. I had told everyone we were. Family and friends. Co-workers even.

God. How embarrassing. How was I going to face my family? How was I even going to tell them? I spoke of him as if he were some sort of angel. Then again, what sort of angel wore a leather jacket and converses. He wasn’t an angel and I knew that. I guessed that was why I was drawn to him. Because he was different than me. Dark, mysterious, quiet and brooding with a killer smile to top it all off.

Me, on the other hand, I was simply a journalist who wrote articles about - surprise, surprise - romance for a magazine. Bloody romance. *#&$%%. No wonder why I fell so hard for him! I wrote about romance and yet, I was alone. That was until he showed up. I was immediately under his spell. Not that I didn’t enjoy it.

I loved him, after all. I loved everything about him. I even loved him when he broke my heart. I knew deep down it was more infatuation and lust but I didn’t - couldn’t - admit that. It was love and that was that. Nobody could have changed my mind. I was a hopeless romantic after all. Maya Chambers, a hopeless romantic.

“Samantha!” I heard my friend, Emily, call my name in a rather irritated voice. And she had every right to be irritated. She did throw me a party just for me, after all, for getting yet another raise however, her true intentions were to get me laid. Instead though, I was hiding in her bedroom, sitting on her Egyptian bed, staring out at the City of London thinking about Cooper. Yeah, you could have said I was completely pathetic.

“In here!” I called out, hastily wiping my eyes to hide the tears.

Emily appeared in the doorway, immediately wearing a suspicious frown. Even with a frown, Emily managed to look beautiful but with her sparkly black dress, I knew Emily wasn’t trying to look beautiful, more like sexy. Which worked out pretty well for her.

“What are you doing in here?” Emily asked, glancing around the room as if expecting a man to pop out.

I blinked innocently. “Nothing,” I said.

Her eyes narrowed. “What do you have in your hand?” she demanded.

That was the problem with Emily Madison; she was far too perceptive for my liking. I mean, why couldn’t she use her perceptive skills by looking for guys to have sex with? Why did she have to use her talent on me?

I sighed. “I don’t have anything in my hand, Emily.” And I quickly tried to think of a place to put the picture I had of Cooper. In my bra? No, that would have been too obvious.

Emily, however didn’t seem to believe me. “Give it to me.”

“I don’t have anything!”

“Then show me your hand!”

I held out my left hand. “See?”

Emily sighed. “The other hand, Sam.”

I regarded Em steadily. She wasn’t going to back down and I knew that she knew what I had in my hand so what was the point denying it? Reluctantly, I held out my right hand and looked away from Emily’s penetrating gaze. Thankfully, Sadie - my other best friend - came through the door right at that moment. I should have known though, that Sadie wasn’t going to come to my rescue. “What’s going on in here?” asked Sadie, looking at Emily and then at me.

I shrugged and hoped Emily wouldn’t open her mouth.

“Look,” said Emily. “She has a picture of him.”

Sadie gasped. “Of Cooper?

Emily rolled her eyes. “No, Gandhi,” Emily muttered sarcastically. “Of course it’s Cooper!”

Sadie quickly studied the picture and frowned. “Sam,” she said slowly. “Why do you have this with you?”

I stuck out my chin and avoided eye contact. “Because I love him,” I said, almost angrily.

Sadie exchanged wary glances with Emily, and with a sigh she said, “Maya, he’s not coming back you know.”

“Yes he is,” I said with determination. “I know he is.”

I didn’t of course. And I couldn’t even ask him since he was in Dublin and I had no way of contacting him, since he didn’t own a mobile phone. But I knew in my heart he was coming back. I mean, people who loved each other couldn’t stay away, so he had to come back. Even if it meant going to Dublin and getting him back myself. I would do it.

Emily exhaled and looked upwards. “No, he’s not,”

“He will come back!” I snapped at Emily. “What me and Cooper have-”

Had,” Emily interrupted meaningfully.

I shot her an annoyed look. “Have is special,” I went on as If I hadn’t been interrupted. “We love each other. He’s my knight in-”

“Shining bloody armour,” Emily interrupted yet again. “For *#&$%%s sake, Sam! When are you going to get it in your head? Fairytales only happen in books.”

I shook my head sadly at her. “I love him, Em,” I told her softly.

Emily pinched the bridge of her nose. “Do you?” she asked cynically. “Or are you just afraid he’s the only who ever stuck by you for sometime, so you have to have him?”

“Listen, honey,” Sadie intercepted. “Maybe it’s best you don’t get your hopes up.”

I glared at her accusingly. “I’m not hoping,” I retorted. “I know.”

“But he said it was … over,” she murmured.

I looked away and quickly thought of an excuse. “He’s just taking a breather,” I explained.

Emily groaned. “For crying out loud,” she muttered and then with a sigh she said, “There’s a guy here tonight who was looking forward to meeting you; Ben Owens, why don’t you be darling and introduce yourself?” she suggested walking out of her bedroom.

“She doesn’t understand, Sadie,” I then said.

Sadie smiled sheepishly. “Well, to be honest, nor do I. I mean, he did leave you with only a note. How can you still love him?”

“Because I do.” I shrugged. “Simple as.”

Sadie studied me for a moment and then shrugged. “Its your life, I suppose,” she said. “Well, until he does come back, it’s not illegal to have some fun is it?”

“Actually,” I said, “I’m think I’m going home…” To get drunk.

#2 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

Duuuuuuuude....hi. :D

That was such a good beginning. And your writing is ohmyfreakingGod awesome.

Cooper isn't all as fantastic as she thinks...I just know these things.

Haha. Well, update soon, eh?

:)

Luv
Jamie

#3 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

oh my god PHOEBE! YOU POSTED A STORY. A NEW STORY! :D Wait, what happened to The Life of a Witch:Hell of a Prom? Did you delete it? WHY? :( It was such a good story, I'm SO going to miss Michael and Sabrina; such good characters. Hope you re-post it sometime :) Now on to this story, it's soooooooooooooooooooo BRILLIANT. Like, really amazing. Such a good prologue. I think I've already got a sense of Samantha, Emily and Sadie. Oh wait is it Maya or Samantha? Because you wrote down Maya Chambers but then you've got Em calling her Sam so I'm kind of confused loool :P But apart from that tiny confusion, I did not see any major mistakes. I have a feeling this story's going to be your best story yet! And is it me or has this little break of yours, improved your writing? :) I'm really looking forward to this story, Phoebelicious. Hope you post chapter one sooon! :)

UPDATE SOOOON.

Your always loyal reader, Michelle :P

#4 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

Every girl wanted a Prince Charming, and while he may be nice and all, I would have rather had the guy that was going to call at four in the morning just to say hi. Or someone who would stop by my house after just hanging up the phone because he wanted to see how I was really doing, because I said I was fine, but we both knew I was lying. Or the guy who would stay home on a Saturday night with me because I was sick. That guy, that one guy, he may not have been Prince Charming to anyone else... but he'd have been my hero. My knight in shining armour. Anyone who'd rather stay home on a Saturday night and hold my hair while I puked... that's a hero.

I love how you started your story, Phoebe. I was actually just reading a forward about a perfect guy - Prince Charming, and you described him perfectly. It's rare to find a guy like that ^^ but when you do, you hold on to him I guess :P

I loved him, after all. I loved everything about him. I even loved him when he broke my heart. I knew deep down it was more infatuation and lust but I didn’t - couldn’t - admit that. It was love and that was that. Nobody could have changed my mind. I was a hopeless romantic after all. Maya Chambers, a hopeless romantic.

“Samantha!” I heard my friend, Emily, call my name in a rather irritated voice. And she had every right to be irritated. She did throw me a party just for me, after all, for getting yet another raise however, her true intentions were to get me laid. Instead though, I was hiding in her bedroom, sitting on her Egyptian bed, staring out at the City of London thinking about Cooper. Yeah, you could have said I was completely pathetic.

Kind of got confused on this part. Because the protagonist said her name was Maya Chambers and then her best friend, Emily, called out 'Samantha'. Elaborate, please?

Overall, I enjoyed the prologue to your story very much. Not only was I able to relate to the main character as being a hopeless romantic, but I had no problem visualizing the scene.
Your protagonist showed true emotion and fought for how she felt. She's a strong character despite the fact that she is sulking over Cooper because that only showed how much she loved him.
Her best friends, Emily and Sadie, seems to be really great friends. They only want her to come out of the dark hole that she fell in and be happy which is why they made an attempt to set her up with Ben. At the time, they despise Cooper for breaking the protagonist's tender and fragile heart. And though Emily was being rather harsh, she was only being truthful as a good friend should be.
I think this is was an awesome debut for Strictly Secretive and I can't wait to read more.

-Lynn-

Edited by ragulto101, 23 October 2010 - 03:17 PM.

#5 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

Welcome back Phoebe!

I have to say I was rather saddened to see your story deleted but I know you were finding it hard to continue writing so I understand why you deleted it. Strictly Secretive was a great way to come back. I'm really glad you posted this. I already know this story's going to be fantastic and I'm really excited to see how you tackle a chick-lit story since I've only read your supernatural stories.

As Lynn and Michelle said, I was rather confused with the protagonists name. Is it Maya or Samantha?

But other than that, the prologue was really good. A great way to start the story.

And I loved the first paragraph. I think it really describe's everyone 'knight in shining armour' or 'hero.'

Really brilliant so please post soon :)

Alex

#6 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hey Phoebs, I just made this in Maya's - or Sam? - point of view. I hope you like it ^^

Spoiler

-Lynn-

#7 CharliePantsxxx

CharliePantsxxx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

This sounds awesome Phoebe!!

#8 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Duuuuuuuude....hi. Posted Image

That was such a good beginning. And your writing is ohmyfreakingGod awesome.

Cooper isn't all as fantastic as she thinks...I just know these things.

Haha. Well, update soon, eh?

Posted Image

Luv
Jamie

Dude! Hey!

Oh thank you Jamie. That means a lot.

You know these things huh? Well lets hope you're right.

oh my god PHOEBE! YOU POSTED A STORY. A NEW STORY! Posted Image Wait, what happened to The Life of a Witch:Hell of a Prom? Did you delete it? WHY? Posted Image It was such a good story, I'm SO going to miss Michael and Sabrina; such good characters. Hope you re-post it sometime Posted Image Now on to this story, it's soooooooooooooooooooo BRILLIANT. Like, really amazing. Such a good prologue. I think I've already got a sense of Samantha, Emily and Sadie. Oh wait is it Maya or Samantha? Because you wrote down Maya Chambers but then you've got Em calling her Sam so I'm kind of confused loool Posted Image But apart from that tiny confusion, I did not see any major mistakes. I have a feeling this story's going to be your best story yet! And is it me or has this little break of yours, improved your writing? Posted Image I'm really looking forward to this story, Phoebelicious. Hope you post chapter one sooon! Posted Image

UPDATE SOOOON.

Your always loyal reader, Michelle Posted Image

Yes lol I did post a new story! Surprised?

I had to delete the story, Michelle It wasn't really working out and the idea I had wasn't working out. I hope I didn't disappoint you! I really didn't want to continue a story that wasn't good.

I'm glad you like Sam, Em and Sadie I really like these characters and I hope you enjoy reading this. Oh and it's Samantha not Maya. Sorry for the mistake!

Best story yet? Thank you.

I love how you started your story, Phoebe. I was actually just reading a forward about a perfect guy - Prince Charming, and you described him perfectly. It's rare to find a guy like that ^^ but when you do, you hold on to him I guess

Kind of got confused on this part. Because the protagonist said her name was Maya Chambers and then her best friend, Emily, called out 'Samantha'. Elaborate, please?

Overall, I enjoyed the prologue to your story very much. Not only was I able to relate to the main character as being a hopeless romantic, but I had no problem visualizing the scene.
Your protagonist showed true emotion and fought for how she felt. She's a strong character despite the fact that she is sulking over Cooper because that only showed how much she loved him.
Her best friends, Emily and Sadie, seems to be really great friends. They only want her to come out of the dark hole that she fell in and be happy which is why they made an attempt to set her up with Ben. At the time, they despise Cooper for breaking the protagonist's tender and fragile heart. And though Emily was being rather harsh, she was only being truthful as a good friend should be.
I think this is was an awesome debut for Strictly Secretive and I can't wait to read more.

-Lynn-

It is rare to find that guy unfortunately. But as everyone keeps saying if you stop looking out for him, he will eventually show.

Yes, I know! I'm so sorry about that. It is supposed to be Samantha. I considered re-naming the character Maya but I eventually decided to call another character Maya. Again, sorry about that.

Aw, thank you so much. I've always considered emotion to be the hardest thing to write about so I'm happy you thought it was good!

Yes, well Emily and Sadie have very different opinions on how to be a good friend!

Thank you Lynn!

Welcome back Phoebe!

I have to say I was rather saddened to see your story deleted but I know you were finding it hard to continue writing so I understand why you deleted it. Strictly Secretive was a great way to come back. I'm really glad you posted this. I already know this story's going to be fantastic and I'm really excited to see how you tackle a chick-lit story since I've only read your supernatural stories.

As Lynn and Michelle said, I was rather confused with the protagonists name. Is it Maya or Samantha?

But other than that, the prologue was really good. A great way to start the story.

And I loved the first paragraph. I think it really describe's everyone 'knight in shining armour' or 'hero.'

Really brilliant so please post soon.

Alex

Alex! How I've missed your comments! And thank you .. although I was never really gone!

Oh I didn't want to delete it but it really wasn't working out. I hope you werent too disappointed! Well I love chick-lit stories so I'm really excited with this story, I've been planning this for months!

It's Samantha! Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you! It took me a long time to write that one paragraph.

Hey Phoebs, I just made this in Maya's - or Sam? - point of view. I hope you like it ^^

Spoiler

-Lynn-

That's brilliant. Thank you Lynn.

And its Samantha.

This sounds awesome Phoebe!!

Thank you Charlie!

Hey guys. Sorry about the confusion. The protagonists name is Samantha and not Maya. Sorry!

Phoebe

#9 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

You know, this is SO awesome that I'm NOT going to strangle you for taking Micheal away from me. Really, it was FAB! Except for Cooper, who is ,by the way, pretty pathetic. A freaking note saying it's over! That guy is garbage.
Wait wait....Is. He. By. Any. Chance. Coming. Back.????
If he is, tell him to beware, 'cause I'm going to personally break him nose. :P
Enough jokes now, I SERIOUSLY LOVE this. :eusa_clap:
The Gandhi joke was hilarious. And also, she seems to have super nice friends, helping her to get laid and all. Fabulous characters. And Samantha sounds cool....will be cooler if she try to forget her knight in shining armor.

UPDATE SOON!!!
Shaheen :spinstar:

Edited by Shaheen, 24 October 2010 - 04:40 AM.

#10 Anshi

Anshi

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:53 AM

Wow
i really liked the opening paragraph it was so true .
Cooper = stinks worse than biological wasteland
Lol @ the Gandhi joke

KeepWritting

#11 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

Yes lol I did post a new story! Surprised?

I had to delete the story, Michelle It wasn't really working out and the idea I had wasn't working out. I hope I didn't disappoint you! I really didn't want to continue a story that wasn't good.

I'm glad you like Sam, Em and Sadie I really like these characters and I hope you enjoy reading this. Oh and it's Samantha not Maya. Sorry for the mistake!

Best story yet? Thank you.

I am very surprised! Happy surprised of course :) I was wondering when you were going to post this! Obviously I thought you'd finish The Life of a Witch series first but that's OK! Because I am already lovin this story :D Aw of course you didn't disappoint me! I was only sad for like two seconds :) I love these characters too sooo excited for what you have in store in this story :P I knew it would be Samantha lol ;) You're welcome. Update soon!

Michelle

#12 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:43 AM

Hey Phoebe :)

This sounds really awesome. I Loved the opening part on Prince Charming.

Your writing is SO good.

And Cooper seems like a jerk, a tactless jerk.

Georgia.x

#13 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Alex! How I've missed your comments! And thank you .. although I was never really gone!

Oh I didn't want to delete it but it really wasn't working out. I hope you werent too disappointed! Well I love chick-lit stories so I'm really excited with this story, I've been planning this for months!

It's Samantha! Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you! It took me a long time to write that one paragraph.

Hahaha yay you missed my comments! I feel so special right now :D Uh yeah you were gone! You didn't update for weeks :( But you're back now so its all good ;)

Yeah I love chick-lit stories too. Right now, I'm reading Alexandra Potter's books which are really brilliant :D Have you read them? I really recommend them.

You're welcome :)

Please update soon!

Alex

#14 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

Yay You posted a new story :)

This looks amazing and I'm dying to know how it turns out :)

Tell Maya to give me a call when she decides to follow Cooper to Dublin and I'll totally meet her ;)
;)

Anyway update soon :)

xxxLeanniexxx

#15 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

You know, this is SO awesome that I'm NOT going to strangle you for taking Micheal away from me. Really, it was FAB! Except for Cooper, who is ,by the way, pretty pathetic. A freaking note saying it's over! That guy is garbage.
Wait wait....Is. He. By. Any. Chance. Coming. Back.????
If he is, tell him to beware, 'cause I'm going to personally break him nose.
Enough jokes now, I SERIOUSLY LOVE this.
The Gandhi joke was hilarious. And also, she seems to have super nice friends, helping her to get laid and all. Fabulous characters. And Samantha sounds cool....will be cooler if she try to forget her knight in shining armor.

UPDATE SOON!!!
Shaheen Posted Image

Ah good I'm glad I'm not going to be strangled and just so you know, Michael misses you very much! Sabrina? Not so much lol.

Cooper is garbage as to whether or not he's coming back, you'll have to wait and see! But there is a possibility and Samantha will definitely want him to come back.

Yes Sadie and Emily are very good friends *sigh* If only Samantha actually listened to them, right?

Wow
i really liked the opening paragraph it was so true .
Cooper = stinks worse than biological wasteland
Lol @ the Gandhi joke

KeepWritting

Thank you very much.

It took me so long to write that paragraph so I'm glad you guys liked it.

Ewwww biological wasteland! Nasty. Just like Cooper.

I am very surprised! Happy surprised of course Posted Image I was wondering when you were going to post this! Obviously I thought you'd finish The Life of a Witch series first but that's OK! Because I am already lovin this story Posted Image Aw of course you didn't disappoint me! I was only sad for like two seconds Posted Image I love these characters too sooo excited for what you have in store in this story Posted Image I knew it would be Samantha lol Posted Image You're welcome. Update soon!

Michelle

Yes I thought I would post this after I finished the series too but since the last story didn't end up going anywhere, I decided to post this.

Eep! I'm excited too. It's so frustrating actually because I'm always having ideas but since I've already planned the whole story, I don't want to change. So I leave my new ideas for the sequels.

Hey Phoebe

This sounds really awesome. I Loved the opening part on Prince Charming.

Your writing is SO good.

And Cooper seems like a jerk, a tactless jerk.

Georgia.x

Hey!

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

Your writing is way good too.

A tactless jerk. Nice. I like that,

Hahaha yay you missed my comments! I feel so special right now Posted Image Uh yeah you were gone! You didn't update for weeks But you're back now so its all good Posted Image

Yeah I love chick-lit stories too. Right now, I'm reading Alexandra Potter's books which are really brilliant Have you read them? I really recommend them.

You're welcome

Please update soon!

Alex

Oh I didn't update for weeks but I didn't disappear completely. In fact, I sometimes stalk MCMB when I don't feel like signing in!

Yes I've heard of Alexandra Potter, never really bothered reading her books but I'll definitely order them on my next amazon shopping spree. Thanks, Alex.

Yay You posted a new story Posted Image

This looks amazing and I'm dying to know how it turns out Posted Image

Tell Maya to give me a call when she decides to follow Cooper to Dublin and I'll totally meet her

Anyway update soon

xxxLeanniexxx

Haha yes I did.

lol Her name is Samantha. I typed Maya as a mistake, sorry! Oh do you live in Dublin?

Will do.

Phoebe

#16 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:10 AM

*fumbles in* hiyas! :mgwave:
WOW!! sweet story!!!!
update?

~bookie :mgbumblebee:

#17 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:12 AM

Keep up the great work :)) And thanks for the explanation regarding the character's name.

I'm glad you liked it! ;D And gotcha, 'Samantha'

-Lynn-

P.S. update soon

#18 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:32 AM

Oh I didn't update for weeks but I didn't disappear completely. In fact, I sometimes stalk MCMB when I don't feel like signing in!

Yes I've heard of Alexandra Potter, never really bothered reading her books but I'll definitely order them on my next amazon shopping spree. Thanks, Alex.

Hahaha I stalk MCMB a lot too. A bit too much actually!

Oh you should definitely order them! They're really cool :D So how have you been Phoebe?

Alex

#19 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Yes I thought I would post this after I finished the series too but since the last story didn't end up going anywhere, I decided to post this.

Eep! I'm excited too. It's so frustrating actually because I'm always having ideas but since I've already planned the whole story, I don't want to change. So I leave my new ideas for the sequels.

Oooh great! You're having ideas :D Oooooooo sequels? Tell Michelly all about it please :)

Michelle

#20 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

*fumbles in* hiyas! Posted Image
WOW!! sweet story!!!!
update?

~bookie Posted Image

Hi bookie!

Aw, thank you! Nice of you to drop by lool.

Update will be posted on Thursday :)

Keep up the great work Posted Image) And thanks for the explanation regarding the character's name.

I'm glad you liked it! ;D And gotcha, 'Samantha'

-Lynn-

P.S. update soon

Thank you!!!

Oh and no problem :P

Hahaha I stalk MCMB a lot too. A bit too much actually!

Oh you should definitely order them! They're really cool Posted Image So how have you been Phoebe?

Alex

STALKER!!! Haha

Will do :) Thanks again for the suggestion.

I've been good. I'm on holiday at the moment from work experience which is a part of my uni course. I'm really happy actually, because my boss actually offered me a job after I graduate :D

How are things going with you?

Oooh great! You're having ideas Posted Image Oooooooo sequels? Tell Michelly all about it please Posted Image

Michelle

Oooooh no can do :P

Phoebe

#21 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Oooooh no can do :P

Phoebe

Oh come on! Why not???

Michelly :P

#22 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

STALKER!!! Haha

Will do :) Thanks again for the suggestion.

I've been good. I'm on holiday at the moment from work experience which is a part of my uni course. I'm really happy actually, because my boss actually offered me a job after I graduate :D

How are things going with you?

I prefer to call it casually checking in :P

Oooh work experience? What you doing, if you don't mind my asking? :)

Things with me are just as stressful as ever. I'm actually obsessing over uni's at the moment. Can you suggest anything?

Alex

#23 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

Oh come on! Why not???

Michelly Posted Image

Because it would be spoiling it for you ;)

How are you Michelly? I missed our conversations.

I prefer to call it casually checking in Posted Image

Oooh work experience? What you doing, if you don't mind my asking? Posted Image

Things with me are just as stressful as ever. I'm actually obsessing over uni's at the moment. Can you suggest anything?

Alex

I'm shadowing a psychologist but I'm also doing admin work. I'm like her assistant, I have to pick up AND drop off her dry cleaning. I have to make her coffee, send out letters and bla bla bla. Its great though. The people in the building are so nice :) And my boss is a very distracted woman so I can go on facebook in my little cubicle lol.

Well, it depends on what you want to do? :)

Phoebe

#24 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Because it would be spoiling it for you ;)

How are you Michelly? I missed our conversations.

No it wouldn't!!! I'm totally excitable :D

I'm good. Like, Alex I'm searching for uni's. But I'm definitely applying for imperial. Can't wait to move to London!!!

Michelle

#25 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

I'm shadowing a psychologist but I'm also doing admin work. I'm like her assistant, I have to pick up AND drop off her dry cleaning. I have to make her coffee, send out letters and bla bla bla. Its great though. The people in the building are so nice :) And my boss is a very distracted woman so I can go on facebook in my little cubicle lol.

Well, it depends on what you want to do? :)

Phoebe

Shadowing a psychologist? Ooh, so do you actually get to view the sessions? Gosh, the other things don't sound so nice but what's important is that you're getting experience. Is it a paid internship? Oh and its great the people you work with are nice. Imagine working with a bunch of pricks lol. Oooh distracted bosses are the best! Seems like you hit the jackpot :D

I want to do journalism. Or Media. Or English.

Alex

#26 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

No it wouldn't!!! I'm totally excitable Posted Image

I'm good. Like, Alex I'm searching for uni's. But I'm definitely applying for imperial. Can't wait to move to London!!!

Michelle

Haha I'm sure you are Michelly but I think in this case it would be best I didn't spoil it for you :)

Oh yes, I suggested Imperial for you :P AND YAY YOU'RE MOVING TO LONDON!

Shadowing a psychologist? Ooh, so do you actually get to view the sessions? Gosh, the other things don't sound so nice but what's important is that you're getting experience. Is it a paid internship? Oh and its great the people you work with are nice. Imagine working with a bunch of pricks lol. Oooh distracted bosses are the best! Seems like you hit the jackpot Posted Image

I want to do journalism. Or Media. Or English.

Alex

I do get to see some of them. I've actually had the chance to interact with a patient which was really scary but awesome too :) The other things are just part of the job I guess and like you said its for the experience. It is a paid internship, of course. I have to spend a year doing it before returning to uni next October for my last year. I have hit the jackpot :D

Ooh ok. I will have to check with this booklet I have and I'll get back to you :)

Phoebe

#27 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Strictly Secretive

Chapter One

I opened my eyes and groaned. It was Monday. The worst day of the week or most commonly known as God's punishment for what you did during the weekend. Which was nothing compared to what Emily had done; slept with three guys in two days whereas I myself had only consumed two or three glasses of tequila and slept with nobody. Oh, wait. Make that five glasses of tequila. Oh and a whisky and coke but everyone knew that didn’t count.

*#&$%%. Why did I drink that much again? Oh, yes. Because my boyfriend left me when I was hopelessly, crazy and dangerously in love with him. And now he was in Dublin - probably having sex with his adoring and attentive fans.

I was adoring and attentive to him. So why did he leave me? And why did I keep asking myself that question? Why couldn’t I just forget him and move on? I could have been dating a really nice guy - like that Ben Owens guy who Emily introduced me to. But what was I doing instead? Walloping in my own misery, wondering why my ex-boyfriend left me when he was probably having the time of his life. Without me.

I sighed and glanced at my clock and I almost nearly had a heart attack. It was eight am. crap. Eight am! I was late! I was so bloody late.

Cursing under my breath, I leapt out of my bed only to trip over my own underwear. Great. That was why I hated Mondays. That and the fact that I had an important meeting with my boss, Jack. *#&$%% *#&$%% *#&$%% *#&$%%. Jack was going to murder me.

Christ, why did I had to drink so much last night?! I never used to drink … at least I didn’t used to drink like I was out of control. I mean, I wasn’t at all like Emily who was able to walk in her six inch heels after ingesting five tequilas. Well, like Emily herself said; Practice makes perfect.

I managed to shower and eat my breakfast - last night’s takeaway - in just under twenty minutes. There wasn’t any point in rushing however, I was already late. From Notting Hill to Oxford Street was almost an hour taxi drive and that’s if you’re lucky that there’s no traffic. God I hated being late. Scratch that. I hated being imperfect.

I hated being imperfect but my personal life was always in shambles. Well … for my personal life to have been in shambles I would have actually needed a relationship for it to have been in shambles. And I was currently as single as ever. If only Cooper hadn’t left, I would not have been like this. Drinking on a Sunday, knowing perfectly well I had a meeting first thing in the morning. A meeting which I was going to miss.

And then I was going to get fired just like Amy did last week when she missed a meeting. Of course Amy didn’t really have an important job at Composure - the magazine I worked for - unlike me who wrote the most popular article; Strictly Romance. So technically, if you really thought about it, Jack couldn’t possibly fire me! I mean, I was the reason millions of women bought Composure. I was the reason women were finding their true love! Unlike me, who couldn’t even hold on to one guy. God I was pathetic.

Stepping out of my apartment, I stopped dead in my tracks because sitting outside Caffe Nerro were this couple. They were holding hands and laughing and I felt a pang of jealously. Not of them, of course but of what they had; a fairytale love. I remembered when me and Cooper used to sit outside Caffe Nero, just looking at each other, laughing, talking about our future. It all seemed so perfect. It was perfect. But he had to ruin our fairytale.

Reluctantly, I hailed a taxi and was off on my way to Oxford Street trying to forget the couple in love. I glanced at my blackberry and sighed. Sadie has already called six times. Emily, none. Obviously Emily wasn’t concerned for my unusual absence. What a shocker. Sadie, on the other hand, had probably broken ten pencils by tapping them on her desk; something she had always done when she was nervous. Like there was any reason for her to be nervous or worried.

I mean, sure, I had never missed work since I started Composure and I sure as hell never missed a meeting but everyone has an off day, right? Everyone needed a day off. The weekend simply wasn’t enough. Hmm. I wondered if Jack would go for that excuse?

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the taxi driver pulled up by the Composure building. I quickly paid him and ran to the building.

Bill, the security guard, looked up from his coffee and nearly chocked. He wasn’t used seeing me late. Sadie? Sure. Emily? Absolutely. Me? Not so much. “Alright, Bill?” I asked cheerfully, ignoring the buzzing in my head. I hated hangovers.

Bill blinked at me. “I’m alright,” he replied, “You?”

I shrugged and took his newspaper although I really wanted to snatch his coffee and gulp it down. “I’ve got a bit of a hangover,” I explained.

Bill chuckled and shook his head “You’re telling me.”

I smiled and turned around to head up to the eighth floor but before I could have stepped inside the elevators, I spotted Sadie at reception. And sure enough, she was tapping a pencil. Her eyes widened when she glanced at me, and she practically ran to me.

“Where were you, Sam?” she almost yelled at me.

I ignored her question. “Did I miss it?” I demanded.

Sadie’s eyes widened even more. “Of course you missed it!“ she exclaimed. “Where were you? Oh shoot. Don’t tell me you went to those bloody poetry convention thingamajigs in Camden.” Sadie was always telling me the ‘dangers’ of Camden Town.

“No, of course not,” I said in a reassuring tone.

“Because you know how I feel about Camden Town, Sam,” she told me. “Last year, there were twenty eight murders! Twenty eight!

I looked at her completely puzzled. “How do you even know that?” I asked, knowing perfectly well she had never picked up a newspaper in her life.

Sadie grinned. “Besides being able to sleep anywhere, googling is my other superpower,” she replied. “So, if you weren’t at those stupid conventions, where were you?”

I gasped. “They’re not stupid!” I exclaimed. I happened to like listening to poetry especially if it happens to be a hot guy reading them. Not that Sadie knew that besides, there was something reassuring about poems. They made me forget about the sucky, loveless world I lived in.

Sadie rolled her eyes. “Fine. They’re not stupid, but, Sam, going to those conventions won’t satisfy that sexual need you have,” she then whispered, her brown eyes taking on a cheeky glint.

“Sadie!”

“I mean, it’s been awhile hasn’t it?” she asked, cocking her head and shooting me a sympathetic smile.

Sadie!

“I think the last time was with Cooper. Oh God,” she said groaning. “You were crazy about him! He was so perfect for you! Being smart, creative, handsome oh, and poetic. Not to mention he was a musician which is a bonus.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. Did Sadie completely forget what happened at the party? Obviously not. Seems like I wasn‘t the only who had a bit too much to drink. I was just the only one with a hangover. “Thank you for reminding me,” I remarked sarcastically. Of course she didn’t have to remind me.

Sadie merely shrugged however, not caring at all that the mention of the love of my life’s name still caused my heart to skip a beat.

“Thank God that phase is over,” Sadie muttered, rolling her eyes. “Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, you need to get back in the dating scene! Go out, have a few drinks but that is not me giving you permission to go out with Emily. You know, how she gets when tequilas are involved. And men.”

“I am not going to go out with Emily,” I said tiredly. I really needed caffeine.

“I should hope not!” she said loudly. “You and I can go together if you want?” she then suggested. “Or better yet! You can go by yourself so people won’t mistake us for lesbians!”

“I’m not going by myself either.”

Sadie sighed. “Sam, promise me you’ll just go out and have some fun.”

“I can have fun,” I muttered. Although, my idea of fun was watching a black and white film in my jammies. Not spending the night, drinking and attempting to flirt.

“Good.” She smiled. “Now have you heard the news? Emily saw a guy entering the elevator with Jack Howard.”

“That’s news?”

Sadie widened her eyes. “Well, he could be a possible new employee!”

Oh. My. God.

“Oh my God.” I gasped. “He could have been my replacement!” I almost yelled but Sadie managed to shush me in time. “Oh my God Sadie!” I said gripping her arm. “He could have been my replacement!” I repeated.

Sadie grimaced. “I doubt it. Emily said they were entering the elevator before the meeting.”

Oh my God!” Jack was going to sack me before the meeting even started! That bastard! After all these years! After all my hard work! And for what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was such an idiot for taking this job six years ago.”

Sadie stared at me with her mouth open. “Sam, can you just relax?” she said. “So you missed a bloody meeting. That’s hardly a crime and this was the first time you’ve been late … ever! So chill, alright?”

I stamped my foot impatiently. “How can I chill, Sadie, when I’m going to be fired! Fired! Crap. What is my mother going to think? Oh and my brother! I wanted to get him such a good wedding present and now I can’t because no job equals no money so no *#&$%%ing wedding present!”

I was aware people around us were staring at us - mainly me - like we were crazy women but at that right moment, I couldn’t give two shits.

Sadie shook me a little. “Sam! Relax!” she said. “Christ. Do you even know the meaning of the word?”

I stared at her blankly. “Not really,” I admitted.

Sadie frowned. “Well get a dictionary woman.”

“Sam!”

I spun around and saw Emily walking towards me with determination. “Oh God, kill me now,” I ordered Sadie half jokingly.

Sadie grinned. “Sorry, I’ve got work to do,” she said, waving at Emily behind me. “Evil plots don’t make themselves.” And then she was gone, leaving me alone with Emily who was smiling at me as if she caught me doing something very wrong. Someone should have killed me right then.

“Sammy,” said Emily with a small secretive smile. “Did you just come in?”

I sighed. “Yes but please don’t take the piss,” I said, making the effort to actually walk towards the elevators. I was sure Jack wouldn’t be waiting for me when I got to the eight floor. “I’m really not in the mood,” I told Emily as we squeezed in the lift. Emily’s gaze, however, drifted from me to the model looking type guys who were - of course - staring right back at her. Oh, good. Maybe she wouldn’t give me a hard time. No such luck.

“I know what you did last night,” she whispered, her secretive smile back on her face. I glared at the models behind us. Why weren’t they capable of keeping Em off my back?

“I don’t know what you mean,” I simply said, avoiding eye contact. Emily couldn’t have possibly known that I finished off all the tequila I had. Could she?

Emily laughed. “Don’t play coy with me!” she cackled. “I know what happened last night.”

Then I realized she wasn’t talking about the tequila. “What the *#&$%% are you talking about, Emily?” I asked, thanking God that the models were paying no attention whatsoever to out conversation but to Emily’s breasts.

“I didn’t know you had it in you, Sam! But to be perfectly honest, I am slightly miffed you didn’t call me! I could have introduced you to some very interesting men.”

Oh! She thought I had sex last night!

“Uh, Emily?” I started to say, to inform that in no way did I get lucky last night. But Emily being Emily interrupted me.

“So tell me,” she said, “who was the lucky man? Oh no! Let me guess, handsome, smart, poetic, and sensitive, or as I like to call them, douche bags. What the *#&$%% is wrong with you Sam? Have I taught you nothing? Those douche bags are looking for commitment!”

“Which is what I want.” It sounded like a question.

Emily narrowed her blue eyes at me. “You think that’s what you want but all you need is a one night stand. Trust me, none of these poetic douche bags who can only talk about Shakes-someone. You need a guy who gives you pleasure for one night only and then, you can throw them away like last months Jimmy Choos’. It’s that simple, sweetie.”

I considered Emily’s idea for a minute. Did I really want my life to be a string of one night stands? Or did I want to go home, knowing that someone I actually knew was waiting for me?

“Em, I can’t do that,” I said. “I’m not you.”

Emily ignored me. “Go out, have loads of Tequilas! And hot sex,” she said, winking at one of the models. Or maybe she was winking at all of them. I couldn’t be sure.

Finally, the elevator arrived at the eight floor.

“That’s not what I want, Em,” I told her, making my way to my office.

“Ooh I could fix you up with the new hot employee!” Emily suggested, skipping beside me in her spiky shoes. “He doesn’t look too poetic to me so he’s bloody perfect for you!” Ha! Like I would even go out with the new hot employee! I mean, he could have been my replacement!

“I don’t date co-workers,” I said.

“Oh for Christ’s sake, Sam!” Emily exploded, once we were safely inside my office. “What the *#&$%% do you want?” she asked, regarding me steadily.

“What do I want?” I echoed.

“Yes.”

I considered her question. “I just want someone to come up to me and kiss me and tell me that they're in love with me. I don’t just want it though. I need it. I’m desperate for it.”

Emily didn’t say anything for several seconds. But when she did say something, it wasn’t what I expected. “Romantic bullshit isn’t good for you, Sam,” she said, grimacing a little. “In fact, it’s the reason why you’re horny.”

“But it’s what I want!” I snapped.

“I know, darling, I know,” she said in a soothing tone. “But you’re only twenty-eight. And you only live once.”

I rolled my eyes. “Now you sound like my mother.”

Emily grinned. “Your mother is a very smart woman.”

Then there was a knock on the door. “Yes?” I called out.

Judy appeared in the doorway. Oh no. Judy was Jack’s assistant. “Samantha, dear?” she murmured in her quiet voice.

“Yes?” I squeaked out.

“Mr Howard would like you to attend a meeting tomorrow morning,” she informed me. A meeting. A meeting where he would fire me.

I nodded. “Okay, no problem,” I said cheerfully.

Once Judy was out of my office, I sank into my chair and started to panic. Emily watched me in fascination but instead of trying to calm me, she said, “Why does Jack want to see you?”

“To end my career.”

#28 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:09 AM

I'm sure Jack wouldn't end her career...right Jack??? -_-
Ohhhhhhh....Sam has such a personality. I love this. And her friends are just WOW.
I sure want to know more about the new hot employee, aka, the possible replacement guy.

Anyway, Phoebs, you HAVE to update soon! because, seriously, i really want to know about the meeting...I hate suspense. Maybe it's a promotion???!! Okay, somehow I doubt that. See...I'm already turning crazy. So update soon before I present more theories....and beware...I have a FULL list ^_^

#29 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:04 AM

uh-oh
she CANT be fired. she just CANT!
oh my god......
what if she is???
NO! SHE CANNOT BE!!!!!
update please???????????????????

#30 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

I'm sure Jack wouldn't end her career...right Jack??? -_-
Ohhhhhhh....Sam has such a personality. I love this. And her friends are just WOW.
I sure want to know more about the new hot employee, aka, the possible replacement guy.

Anyway, Phoebs, you HAVE to update soon! because, seriously, i really want to know about the meeting...I hate suspense. Maybe it's a promotion???!! Okay, somehow I doubt that. See...I'm already turning crazy. So update soon before I present more theories....and beware...I have a FULL list ^_^

Who knows if Jack will end her career or not? I guess we'll find out in the next update!

I know :) I think I've really improved on my characters personalities.

Oh you'll find out in the next update :D

I'll try to update on Thursday!

Maybe you could show me your list? I'm rather curious with your 'theories' ;)

uh-oh
she CANT be fired. she just CANT!
oh my god......
what if she is???
NO! SHE CANNOT BE!!!!!
update please???????????????????

Haha you'll find out in chapter two :)

Will do.

Thanks Bookie.

Phoebe

#31 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

Goodness this is getting very very interesting!!

Maybe the hot new guy will be her assistant or something?

Hmm is Cooper like a famous musician ?

Update Super Soon !!

xxxLeanniexxx

#32 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:36 AM

FINALLY I CAN COMMENT! :D

Haha I'm sure you are Michelly but I think in this case it would be best I didn't spoil it for you :)

Oh yes, I suggested Imperial for you :P AND YAY YOU'RE MOVING TO LONDON!

Boo you then ;) Yes you did suggest that and YES I'M MOVING TO LONDON. I'M LEAVING BORING OLD SURREY!!!! :D That update was amazing, Phoebe. Your characters have so much personality and they're all different and unique. I love them :) It was so sad when Sam saw that couple outside the cafe, I mean, all she wants is someone she can be with who loves her and it's a shame that its so hard to find :( And I can't believe Jack is going to fire her! It was her first time being late and that dude Sadie saw entering the lift with Jack, CAN'T be her replacement. That would suck so bad :( Absolutely LOVED that chapter. Can't wait for more :P

Michelle

Edited by CrazyMichelle, 03 November 2010 - 06:36 AM.

#33 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

I do get to see some of them. I've actually had the chance to interact with a patient which was really scary but awesome too :) The other things are just part of the job I guess and like you said its for the experience. It is a paid internship, of course. I have to spend a year doing it before returning to uni next October for my last year. I have hit the jackpot :D

Ooh ok. I will have to check with this booklet I have and I'll get back to you :)

Phoebe

Oh my God. You must be so proud of yourself! I know I would be terrified to talk to someone I don't know. Oh goodie for you. Most internships are ... not paid lol.

Great! Thanks, phoebe.

Chapter One was brilliant. Honestly, how could your writing have improved sooo much when your writing was already good in the first place? And I just love your charcters, they're just so real you know? Sadie is definitely my favourite :D

UPDATE SOON!!! ;)

Alex

#34 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:01 AM

Who knows if Jack will end her career or not? I guess we'll find out in the next update!

I know :) I think I've really improved on my characters personalities.

Oh you'll find out in the next update :D

I'll try to update on Thursday!

Maybe you could show me your list? I'm rather curious with your 'theories' ;)

Phoebe

Yeah...they are real great characters...though I really like Vicky too...and *cough* Micheal *cough* :P

Wow...I told you to 'beware' and you asked me for 'THE' list?? Normally, nobody asked for my lists because they are so 'pathetic'.

So...list of what will happen in the meeting: promotion, jack is going to sack her, jack is a totally hot dude who is going to propose her, the possible replacement guy is really going to replace her, jack is going to send her to DUBLIN (where the Cooper is!!) for an exclusive piece, she's not going to write romance anymore ( a total disaster for her!), the replacement guy will be her partner in her next super project which will bring her to fame (or down the well, blah blah, blah blah blah...

Now, now....you asked for it. Don't blame me. And no need to say it. I know. I'm pretty pathetic. And so is my list. :)

Update!!!!!!

#35 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:39 AM

that actually wasn't bad Shaheen^^
update?

#36 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:52 AM

Hey Phoebe!

It's me. I just popped by to say I love your story and I feel so sorry for Sam! But she does need to realize that he's not coming back (at least, I think he's not coming back. Is he?) and move on. I don't like Emily that much (I have a friend like her, that's probably why). I wonder what will happen with this new employee...

Update soon, kay?

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

Edited by Princess_Missy, 06 November 2010 - 04:52 AM.

#37 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

Goodness this is getting very very interesting!!

Maybe the hot new guy will be her assistant or something?

Hmm is Cooper like a famous musician ?

Update Super Soon !!

xxxLeanniexxx

Hehe thank you very much :) I'm glad you think so.

Her assistant? Haha maybe.

No he's not famous but he does do a lot of gigs.

Will do ;)

FINALLY I CAN COMMENT! :D
Boo you then ;) Yes you did suggest that and YES I'M MOVING TO LONDON. I'M LEAVING BORING OLD SURREY!!!! :D That update was amazing, Phoebe. Your characters have so much personality and they're all different and unique. I love them :) It was so sad when Sam saw that couple outside the cafe, I mean, all she wants is someone she can be with who loves her and it's a shame that its so hard to find :( And I can't believe Jack is going to fire her! It was her first time being late and that dude Sadie saw entering the lift with Jack, CAN'T be her replacement. That would suck so bad :( Absolutely LOVED that chapter. Can't wait for more :P

Michelle

SURREY ISN'T BORING! THEY HAVE THORPE PARK :D

Thank you, as I said before, I do love these characters and I'm so excited for what i have in store for them.

It is so hard to find but we all find someone one way or the other.

He can't be her replacement, I agree but what is he???

Oh my God. You must be so proud of yourself! I know I would be terrified to talk to someone I don't know. Oh goodie for you. Most internships are ... not paid lol.

Great! Thanks, phoebe.

Chapter One was brilliant. Honestly, how could your writing have improved sooo much when your writing was already good in the first place? And I just love your charcters, they're just so real you know? Sadie is definitely my favourite :D

UPDATE SOON!!! ;)

Alex

I know not all interniships are paid, but its different when you're in uni because you kind of need the money lol.

I like to think they're real! Sadie is a real good character; she's so quirky.

Phoebe

#38 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

Yeah...they are real great characters...though I really like Vicky too...and *cough* Micheal *cough* :P

Wow...I told you to 'beware' and you asked me for 'THE' list?? Normally, nobody asked for my lists because they are so 'pathetic'.

So...list of what will happen in the meeting: promotion, jack is going to sack her, jack is a totally hot dude who is going to propose her, the possible replacement guy is really going to replace her, jack is going to send her to DUBLIN (where the Cooper is!!) for an exclusive piece, she's not going to write romance anymore ( a total disaster for her!), the replacement guy will be her partner in her next super project which will bring her to fame (or down the well, blah blah, blah blah blah...

Now, now....you asked for it. Don't blame me. And no need to say it. I know. I'm pretty pathetic. And so is my list. :)

Update!!!!!!

Who doesn't like Michael? Aw, I miss him :(

Okay that list was NOT pathetic in way and all those things could happen in this story so easily. Unforunately, they were all wrong but I did love your list :D Was really good.

And your not pathetic ninja :P

that actually wasn't bad Shaheen^^
update?

Right??? I loved her list. I love lists full stop.

Tonight I'll update :D

Hey Phoebe!

It's me. I just popped by to say I love your story and I feel so sorry for Sam! But she does need to realize that he's not coming back (at least, I think he's not coming back. Is he?) and move on. I don't like Emily that much (I have a friend like her, that's probably why). I wonder what will happen with this new employee...

Update soon, kay?

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

Hi Melissa!

Aw, thank you :)

I feel sorry for Sam; its always said when someone is in love but she can't have him :( And maybe he will come back, you'll have to wait and see :P

Oh you don't like Emily? I like her, she's a good friend in her own weird way. And MAYBE Emily might help Sam in the end... Okay, I'm giving too much away.

I'll update tonight now I just have to write it :D

Thank you for dropping by!

Phoebe

#39 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

Who doesn't like Michael? Aw, I miss him :(

Okay that list was NOT pathetic in way and all those things could happen in this story so easily. Unforunately, they were all wrong but I did love your list :D Was really good.

And your not pathetic ninja :P

Right??? I loved her list. I love lists full stop.

Tonight I'll update :D

THANK YOU BOOKIE!! :D

Phoebe
[/font]

Thanks Phoebs. Through my brothers thought differently whenever I make up a list <_<
Hmmm....I was thinking...The title is 'Strictly Secretive', so maybe Jack is going to drop a big huge secret!!! :D This theory is better....than the 'list'.
Will wait for the update. :P

#40 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

I know not all interniships are paid, but its different when you're in uni because you kind of need the money lol.

I like to think they're real! Sadie is a real good character; she's so quirky.

Phoebe

Yeah I'm dreading uni now. I don't want to be penniless! rofl.

Yeah I noticed that about her. Where did you find inspiration in creating these characters?

Alex

#41 CrazyMichelle

CrazyMichelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

SURREY ISN'T BORING! THEY HAVE THORPE PARK :D

Thank you, as I said before, I do love these characters and I'm so excited for what i have in store for them.

It is so hard to find but we all find someone one way or the other.

He can't be her replacement, I agree but what is he???

THORPE PARK IS BORING! :P As am I, Phoebelicious. You care to tell me what it is you have in store? ;) Yeah so true. :) Indeed. Who is he???

Michelle

#42 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Phoebs. Through my brothers thought differently whenever I make up a list Posted Image
Hmmm....I was thinking...The title is 'Strictly Secretive', so maybe Jack is going to drop a big huge secret!!! :D This theory is better....than the 'list'.
Will wait for the update. :P

Well you know boys are partially retarded - no offence whatsoever to your brothers :) And who cares? As long as I love your lists, it doesn't matter what your brothers think.

There is a secret but I can tell you it's not Jack :) But you're close.

Yeah I'm dreading uni now. I don't want to be penniless! rofl.

Yeah I noticed that about her. Where did you find inspiration in creating these characters?

Alex

Haha don't worry, university usually gives you an x amount of money every year to help you with rent and food.

A LOT of chick-lit movies and basically, some of my friends.

THORPE PARK IS BORING! :P As am I, Phoebelicious. You care to tell me what it is you have in store? ;) Yeah so true. :) Indeed. Who is he???

Michelle

THORPE PARK IS NOT BORING! :D

Uh nice try, Michelly :P

Phoebe

#43 xx.Phoebe.xx

xx.Phoebe.xx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

Strictly Secretive

Chapter Two

Tuesday was better. And worse.

I didn’t wake up late which was good, but somehow I ended up being more nervous than the day before. Why? Well, I was probably going to be fired. And unlike yesterday, I was absolutely sure Jack was going to fire me this time. The clues were all there; the guy Emily saw with Jack in the elevator, the meeting which was set out of the blue and the sad little smile Judy had on her face. I was definitely going to be sacked. And there was nothing I could do about it.

“Sam, stop biting your nails,” Sadie said in a disgusted tone.

I glanced at my nails and grimaced. These past few days haven’t been helping my appearance which Emily made sure to tell me this morning when she took one good look at me and said, “You look like crap.” Nobody could look like Emily who always looked like a *&^%$%ing model. Still, I made sure to tell her that if she wasn’t working in the fashion department, she wouldn’t look so amazing all the time … even if her daddy is a rich lawyer and could buy her endless designer shoes or whatever.

“Everything’s going to be okay,” Sadie continued, taking my hand and squeezing it.

I shook my head. “No, it’s not,” I said, “Jack’s going to replace me.”

“Jack is not going to replace you,” Emily said lazily.

“Why would he replace you?” Sadie asked, frowning. “Your column is the reason why the magazine sells so well. You’re the best journalist ever, Sam.”

You’re probably the best journalist in the whole *&^%$%ing United Kingdom,” Emily chimed in.

So, so true.

I smiled. “Thanks,” I said with a sigh. “But … If I hadn’t been so late then maybe Jack wouldn’t have realized what a talent-less journalist I am.”

“I’m sure Jack’s not going to fire you,” Sadie said for the millionth time.

“Then why did he arrange this meeting so out of the blue?” I demanded a bit too loudly. Judy, from her desk, signalled me to be quiet.

“Maybe because he wanted to.” Emily seemed to have a hard time thinking of an excuse. “Catch you up on what you missed yesterday,” she eventually suggested.

I frowned at Emily. It was good that they were trying to make me feel better but, really, was there any point? My career as a journalist was over. “That’s not it and you know it,” I muttered.

“Sam, I’m late all the time!” Sadie exclaimed. “Emily is even worse. It happens! Don’t get worked up about it. Stop being so negative and think happy thoughts!”

I groaned. “Easy for you to say,” I said, “I’m pessimistic by nature.”

Emily nodded. “That is so true.”

Sadie shot Emily an annoyed glance before turning to me with a smile. “You know what?” she said, standing up. “I think Jack’s going to give you a raise.

Emily looked up suddenly and narrowed her blue eyes. “She got a raise last week,” she remarked.

I ignored her. “You really think so?” I asked looking up at Sadie with hopeful eyes.

Sadie looked at me as if I was mad. “Of course,” she said. “Jack may be a lot of things but he knows when someone has done a good job and you have done a good job so stop worrying.”

A good job. Have I done a good job? Maybe in my early years at the magazine but I knew deep down that, when Cooper left, he took away all the spark I had for romance. And now I was going to get fired because of it. Why did men always ruin everything?

“Well, that’s just it,” I murmured, “I haven’t.”

Sadie took a seat next to Emily and locked eyes with me. “What do you mean?” she asked softly, taking her seat next to me.

“I think I’ve lost my spark,” I admitted.

Emily and Sadie exchanged glances. They looked worried. Why were they worried? “You’ve lost your spark?” Emily said.

I nodded. “Right,” I confirmed, “I just don’t feel …” What was the right word? “… inspired anymore.”

“Okay.” Sadie leaned forward from the loveseat she was sitting on. “You need to fall in love. And fast.”

“But I never needed a guy for inspiration!” I protested. “All I had to do was read novels and my articles would just come to me.”

“Well, maybe you need a change,” Sadie suggested helpfully.

“A change,” I echoed. “Being sacked will definitely be a change,” I muttered bitterly.

God. When was Jack going to hurry the *&^%$% up? What was he doing inside his office anyway? Our meeting was supposed to be at nine am which was half an hour ago. I just wanted to get it over and done with. Wait. Was I in a rush to be fired?

“Have you thought about *&^%$%ing Jack?” Emily demanded, her eyebrows raised.

“Em!” shrieked Sadie.

“Why would I do that?” I wanted to know.

Emily shrugged. “Well if what you said is true and you have lost your spark then you need to create some sparks with Jack,” she explained. “Sexual sparks, I mean.”

“With Jack? Our boss?” I asked in disbelief. I caught eyes with Sadie and laughed. Honestly, what was Emily like? Why I was surprised, I’ll never know. Sex was Emily’s answer for everything. Literally everything.

Emily frowned. “You’ve never had sex with a co-worker before?” she asked, a look of confusion on her face.

“No!” I exclaimed, still laughing at the thought of me and Jack.

“Only with Calvin,” answered Sadie. Calvin was Sadie’s longtime boyfriend, he also worked at Composure. “Or does it not count when he’s not in the same department?”

“It counts,” said Emily firmly.

“Oh my God,” I said. “You honestly think it would work?”

“Of course!” Emily said with certainty. “Especially since I happen to know Jack and Marian haven’t had sex in months.” Jack and Marian were husband and wife and unfortunately for him, Marian was the Fashion Director at Composure.

“Months?” Sadie echoed, her eyes taking on a distant spark. Ironically, Sadie was a gossip columnist who couldn’t keep her babble mouth shut. “Really?”

“Oh yeah. Marian tells me everything,” Emily said, a smug smile on her face. “Which is good for you, Sammy, because he’ll be horny as hell.”

“You’re not actually considering having sex with the boss, are you?” Sadie asked, a worried look on her face.

“No!” I exclaimed, completely horrified at the idea. “I mean, I may love my job but I don’t love it that much.” And we all burst into a fit of giggles.

“Samantha!”

I looked around and was disappointed to see, Chloe Martin, the office *%^## sauntering towards me in her devilish spiky heels, wearing her devilish smile and basically her devilish self. Basically, everyone hated her. Especially Emily.

“Oh great,” Emily called out sarcastically, “The *&^%$%-up fairy is visiting again.” Nobody knew exactly why Emily and Chloe hated each other, we all knew that they knew each other long before they ever started working at Composure though. Whenever we asked Em why she hated Chloe’s guts, all she said was, “Have you met her?”

“Emily!” Chloe smiled beatifically, narrowing her eyes at Emily’s feet. “Oh, are those last season’s Marc Jacobs?” she asked sneering.

Emily didn’t answer not that Chloe would even let her answer.

“And hi!” Chloe turned to Sadie apologetically. “Sorry, I forgot your name.”

Sadie sighed. “It’s Sadie,” she said and then under her breath, she muttered, “For the millionth time.”

However, Chloe was already looking at me, wearing her fake sad smile. “Sam, I’ve just heard,” she said, placing a manicured hand on her heart. “You poor thing!”

“What?” I said intelligently.

“About you getting the sack,” Chloe exclaimed with a small laugh.

Great. So the whole building knew. That was just … great.

“How did you find out?” I wanted to know.

Chloe waved her hand. “Oh it’s all over the building,” she answered, confirming my suspicions. Yeah, that wasn’t embarrassing at all!

Chloe smirked. “It’s awful news isn’t it, Emily?” she simpered.

Emily shook her head in disbelief. “You are so full of crap, Chloe,” said Emily, not bothering to lower her voice. Judy was looking over at us in curiosity. Thank God, Jack’s office was in a secluded area. Sadie seemed as if she wanted to write down what was happening so she wouldn’t forget. “You obviously don’t think it’s awful,” Emily continued.

Chloe sighed. “Em, shouldn’t we just bury the past?” she said, “And see if we can be friends?”

“No.”

Chloe battered her eyelashes and smiled. “I’m really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.”

Emily laughed. “Worship you?” she echoed. “How about never? Is never good enough for you?”

Chloe narrowed her eyes. “And you call me a snide *%^##.”

“I’m not being a snide *%^##,” Emily retorted. “You’re just insignificant.”

“Why am I even wasting my precious time with you?” Chloe asked rhetorically, and then turning to me she said, “I actually have a job to do.”

Emily snorted. “Yeah, being a w.hore,” she muttered once Chloe was out of the earshot. “What?” she demanded when she saw me and Sadie gawking at her.

“What is it exactly that you have against Chloe Martin?” I demanded.

Emily shrugged and pretended to be interested in a magazine. “Have you met her?” was all she said.

“Samantha, dear?” Judy said.

“Yes?” I gulped.

“Mr Howard is ready to see you now.”

“Thanks, Judy.”

Me, Sadie and Emily stood up and for several seconds, we just stared at each other. Probably, in less than five minutes I was going to be fired. My career as a journalist would be over.

“Good luck, sweetie.” Emily hugged me.

“Tell us what happens tonight!” Sadie said next, giving me a hug as well.

“Remember not to cry if he does fire you! You don’t want to appear weak,” Emily then said, “In fact, tell him you have a job offer from Sapphire!” Sapphire was Composure’s rival, and their building was just across the street from ours.

I nodded. “Okay.”

“Or just *&^%$% him.” Emily shrugged. “It’s the easiest option.”

“Right,” I said. “The easiest option.”

Sadie rolled her eyes and smiled. “See you tonight!”

And then they were off. Leaving me alone. Outside Jack’s office. What was I going to do? What was I going to do? Most importantly, how was I going to act. How do people act when they’re fired? Do they freak out, punch the boss or act as if … as if they wanted to get fired in the first place! I’ve never been fired. Not ever. What was I going to do?

“Aren’t you going in?” Judy wanted to know.

“Huh? Uh, yeah,” I said stupidly. “Yes, I’m going in.” And I slowly opened the door.

“Samantha!” Jack leapt up from his seat to greet. Jack Howard was a small, middle aged man. He had thick black hair with dark eyes, he always wore suits but with colourful ties. There were rumours - which admittedly, Sadie made up - that Jack was gay but whenever I saw Jack, he always had a beautiful model around him. When his wife wasn’t around, of course. Jack grasped my arms and looked at me as if he was a proud father. “How are you, darling?” he asked. Uh. Is that what bosses did when they were about to fire someone?

“I’m good,” I replied, even managing a small smile. “How are you?”

“Great,” he said, sinking down in his seat. “Allow me to introduce you to someone.”

It was only then that I noticed someone sitting in the seat next to mine. He had dark blond hair - darker than mine - his skin was slightly tanned and when he turned to face me, I couldn’t help but notice his blue eyes. They were just so … blue. And that just made him strangely hot. Strangely because, I usually didn’t go for men in suits but the suit the guy was wearing, it defined his eyes, his shoulders … everything. He was gorgeous with a capital g.

“This is Luke Marshall,” Jack was saying but I was barely listening. “And this is the lovely Samantha Chambers.”

Luke Marshall held out his hand and I reluctantly took it. “Nice to meet you, Samantha,” he said, his handsome face crinkling into a smile. “Jack, here, has said … lovely things about you.” He was making fun of me, I realized, when I noticed he was grinning. I glanced at Jack but he was busy scribbling furiously. I’m sorry, but when was I going to be fired?

“Really?” I said smiling cynically. “Because Jack has said nothing about you.”

His smiled turned broader. “I’m not that lovely.” Then I looked down and saw that we were still shaking hands. In fact, we weren’t even shaking hands, he was sort of holding it. Oh my God. I was holding hands with a man who was possibly going to replace me! Wait, replace me? That man couldn’t possibly know anything about romance.

“I was rather disappointed you didn’t attend yesterday’s meeting, Sam,” Jack murmured, and I slipped my hands out of Luke Marshall’s.

“Uh, yes, well. I was a bit late because of-” and I quickly thought of a list of excuses.

“Never mind.” Jack’s voice interrupted my thoughts. “Everyone is late once or twice.” and he winked at me. He winked at me! Was I even going to get fired?

“Right.” I nodded. “Um. Is there a reason for this meeting?” I asked shooting Luke Marshall a curious look.

Jack’s expression turned grave. “Yes, well - the truth is-”

“Please don’t fire me!” I blurted out without thinking.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Luke Marshall chuckle. God, how did he get his teeth so white?

“Why would I fire you?” Jack wanted to know.

I shifted in my seat, wanting to run away and assume a new identity. “Well,” I started to say, “Wasn’t that why you arranged this meeting?”

Jack looked confused. “Certainly not,” he said.

“Oh.” I felt completely and utterly stupid.

“Sam, you’re a terrific journalist but the truth is, your column isn’t really doing well,” Jack pointed out.

“It isn’t?”

He shook his head. “You’ve somehow lost that spark you used to have,” he explained.

“I can get my spark back!” I stated. “I know I can.”

“How?” Luke Marshall demanded, leaning backwards with his hands behind his head. That was kind of distracting.

“I-I don’t know,” I stammered.

“I’m sure you can get your spark back again, Sam,” Jack reassured me, “But until then Luke will he helping you with the column.”

“Helping me?” I yelled. “ Jack, I can assure you that this procrastination I’m having, it’s not permanent!”

“I know,” he said in a soothing tone. “But until you get your spark back, Luke will be helping you.”

I glared at Luke Marshall who in return smiled happily at me. “How Is he going to help?” I asked though gritted teeth.

“Luke will spice things up!” Jack explained cheerfully. “Besides, he’s a part-time agony uncle and a psychologist so he has experience.” Oh! Experience! That did not make him experienced in romance! I didn’t say that, of course. I was much too mature for that.

“Spice what up?” I demanded. What could be in need of spice?

“Your column,” Luke Marshall answered in his deep voice. “And you,” he added as an afterthought.

“What’s wrong with my column anyway?” I asked, trying to ignore the way my heart wanted to jump out of my chest when Luke said what he said.

Luke Marshall shrugged. “Its boring,” he replied.

“I didn’t ask you,” I muttered.

“Sam, it’s nothing personal but we need to sell more magazines than the other one,” Jack said.

I raised my eyebrows innocently. “You mean, Sapphire?”

“Yes, that one,” Jack replied curtly. “Luke will bring more - what’s the word you used Luke?”

With his eyes on me, Luke Marshall replied “Sex.” *&^%$%. There goes my heart.

“My readers don’t want sex,” I retorted.

Luke Marshall grinned. “Everyone wants sex.”

No, they don’t,” I tried to protest, “They want romance hence it being a romance column you idiot.”

“Idiot?” he echoed. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me for insulting you,” I said, “It was a pleasure.

He smiled. He really did have a nice smile. Angelic yet devilish.

Jack suddenly stood up. “So it’s settled then! Luke will help you with the column until further notice,” said Jack. “Until you need it,” he added shooting me a meaningful look.

I folded my arms stubbornly. “I don’t need it.”

“Do I have to remind you how boring your column is?” Luke Marshall asked, an amused - and annoying - expression on his face.

“Would you mind if I stuck my pen in your eye?” I asked sweetly.

“Good!” Jack exclaimed. “It’s nice to see you two getting on well already.”

I stood up. “Jack, this Is insane.”

“Its only insane to you,” he answered calmly.

“And I have every right to think so!” I said. “I mean, did you even ask for my opinion on the matter?”

Jack frowned. “I don’t need your opinion, I’m editor-in-chief of this magazine,” he explained. “Besides you’re in good hands; Luke is very good at giving advice, he’s written two successful books.”

“Why is it then, I haven’t heard of him?” I asked, trying hard not to look at him.

“You’re not my target market,” Luke Marshall explained with a small smile on his lips.

“Oh?”

“I target people who are in love,” he stated. People who are in love?

“What makes you think I’m not?” I asked, “In love, I mean.”

“I would be able to tell.” And for several moments, we stood there - well I stood there, he was still sitting totally calm, with his hands behind his head. God, why was that distracting? - staring at each other. I looked away first.

Jack sighed. “Samantha, are we done now?”

I nodded. “I think so.”

“Good.” He smiled. “You can get back to work.”

As I was about to leave Jack’s office, I turned around. “Mr Marshall?” I said.

Luke Marshall chuckled. “Call me Luke.”

Luke,” I said, “It was nice meeting you. I look forward to working with you.”

Luke Marshall smiled, a quizzical expression on his face. “Likewise,” he said, “I’m sure it’ll be great fun.”

I smiled. “Oh and just so you know,” I said, “I am in love.”

crap. Why did I say that?

#44 Angel Kitten

Angel Kitten

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

I knew it I totally knew that he would be working with her !!

I want to know what happened with Chloe !!!

I can't believe that she told him that she was in love !!

:a_smil08: :a_smil08:

Update Soon !

xxxLeanniexxx

#45 Shaheen

Shaheen

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Validating
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:16 AM

Ohhhh...that was an awesome update Phoebs!! Certainly worth waiting for!
Luke wrote books about romance?!! For some reason, that makes me want to giggles. And who write sex in a romance column? (Okay, probably me), but Luke should know that romance is about courting...not the horizontal tango, sure they do it vertical too.

And I can't wait to for Luke to spice things up for Sam. I'm sure this is going to be fun to read. If only she hadn't add the little 'I am in love'....now Luke has to figure it out!

Can't wait to read more. :user:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users