• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#91 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

ohhh, i'm excited now ! hopefully this guy starts liking cady and devon makes a move to get his girl :P updateee soon :)

susanaa <3

and YAY, page 3 :P

Edited by suze.angelova, 03 July 2010 - 06:13 AM.

#92 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

ohhh, i'm excited now ! hopefully this guy starts liking cady and devon makes a move to get his girl :P updateee soon :)

susanaa <3

and YAY, page 3 :P

Haha. Everyone wants to see a jealous Devon. Lol. We'll see...THANK YOU!!
:)

Hello everyone! So, I wanna update....and I'll do it today! PROMISE!! I am going to go see ECLIPSE with my friend today (!!!) so after I'm done with that I'll update for sure.....Anyone seen the movie?? I've gotten mixed reactions about it from other people.

Anyway,
FAREWELL until I update later :)

#93 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

I saw Eclipse opening day. :P
I thought it was really good. Better than New Moon.

It's sad how bad Twilight was because no one had heard of it when it was being made.
New Moon and Eclipse were actually decent movies.

#94 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

Kylie: oh my god I saw it and WOOOOH I loved it!!! Taylor Lautner=ALL THINGS GOOD IN LIFE!!! hehe. Yeah, I didn't like twilight that much but new moon and eclipse were AWESOME!!
And now, I shall update. Enjoy señoritas.
:spinstar:

Chapter Eleven      
Corvan's P.O.V.

After having the long conversation with Joey/Bob—who I've got to admit was a pretty cool guy—we headed back to the house. 

Who would have guessed that Cady could have a half way normal conversation with a stranger? I guess, really, strangers are easier to talk to. When they don't know any of your secrets or your past, but it's still weird to think that the guy invited us over after just a few minutes discussing icecream and the purposes of our names.

"This is going to make my vacation ten times better," Havan said, leaning back in the passenger seat she had called. "Finally. Some people who are normal to talk to."

"Is there something wrong with us?" Devon asked from behind me. 

She glanced over her shoulder at him, like the answer was obvious. "Yes," she said. "Why, yes there is, Devon."

I saw him shrug then smile in the mirror. I glanced at Cady who was tugging at her seatbelt. It was a habit she had gotten after the crash; I don't even think she even knew she did it.

When we got back to the house, we climbed out of the truck and walked up towards the house. Havan was talking about Joey like he had been for most the ride. 

"You know, she said as she pushed the door open. "Why would he be working if he's down here on vacation with his buddies?"

"Good question," Cady said, stepping inside, then stopping. 

"What?" I asked behind her, pushing her forward so Devon and I could get in. 

Then I saw what she was staring at and I guess she did have the right to stare a little. Because my dad was sitting there with someone. That someone being female. And fairly hot for an old lady. By old, yes I do mean his age.  

"Hey you guys," he said, smiling widely—a lot more happy than I'd seen him in a while it appeared. "This is Mandy Conray. She's the friend I went to visit the other day? You're mom and me were good friends with her."

Cady looked a little relieved after he said that, but still slightly curious as she looked at them and said, "Hello," polietly. 

"You're dad just invited me to go out to dinner with you all if that's ok," she said, smiling and tucking a strand of her light brown hair behind her ear. Eh, she's nice. Great....

"Actually," Havan said quickly. "We met a guy today who invited us over to his house.....but I suppose we don't HAVE to go."

It was so obvious by the way she said it, that she was practically dying to go do sonething social with some other teenagers. I think Dad noticed.

"You can if you want," he assured Havan, who beamed as soon as he said it. "I can just take Mandy out."

Cady shot up at this and looked between everyone quickly. 

"Maybe I'll go get something to eat with you two actually," Cady said quickly. "They can go to the guys house."

"No, honey, why don't you go have some fun with them?" Dad told her. 

"I don't really think that....." Cady began, shooting a look at me. I knew what she was doing. She didn't want our dad alone with a lady. When he wasn't married and could do whatever he wanted. I guess I understood where she was coming from, but I wasn't about to go let her babysit them instead of coming to hang out with us. 

"Yeah, just come with us Cady," I said, while she glared at me. I gave her an apologetic look and then turned to Dad and said, "You guys have fun."

"Thanks," Dad said, standing up. "We'll take Mandy's car, so you can all use the truck if you need it."

"Thank you!" Havan said, watching as they started to walk out. 

When the door had shut, I was prepared for Cady to jump up and completly freak out on me. And I wasn't surprised when she started to. 

"What is wrong with you?" she said, annoyed, glaring at me still with her arms crossed as she did so. 

"You didn't need to go with them," I said defensively, leaning back against the chair behind me. Devon and Havan were watching sort of curiously as we spoke. 

"But he's....he never hangs out with...." she started slowly. 

"Females?" I guessed, shaking my head at her. "Cad, she's an old friend of his AND Mom's. What do you think is about to happen?"

Her face was still sat in that hard expression as she grumbled, "Nothing if I was there."

"You're not, like, an all powerful being," I told her, rolling my eyes. "You can't keep things from happening. You just need to stop blaming yourself for everything going on and learn how to live again."

I knew I was saying what I'd wanted to tell her for a long time now, but it didn't feel like I was telling her anything important or life changing. I realized she already knew all of this. She just didn't want to admit it. And me telling her it, just made her madder. 

She took a breath that looked like it was supposed to sooth her, but did the opposite as she looked at me again and said angrily, "I. Am. Fine."

Obviously not, I thought looking at her. But didn't say that. 

"What is 'fine?'" I asked, shaking my head. "That doesn't mean anything at ALL, Cady. Even if you are 'fine' that's not enough. You need to be happy. You need to talk to me again! Please, come on. You used to talk to me. You used to yell at me. Just do something. Show me you're still....."

"Still what?" she asked, impatiently, her face confused and almost hurt. 

"Still....one of my best friends," I finished, sinking back against the couch. I kept going untill I hit the floor and just leaned my head up and looked at her. 

Her face was a little softer, her expression atleast didn't look like she was ready to kill me still. But she still shook her head and said, "I don't think I am."

She kept shaking her head at me for a minute before she turned around and retreated out the front the door, slowly but somehow all too fast. 

I was all too aware of Havan and Devon standing next to me now. I put my head on my knees and I was just....mad. Mad that Cady wasn't the same as she used to be and mad that she didn't want to go back to being that happy, bubbly, closet-thing-to-perfect girl she used to be. I don't care that she was the one who had to see Mom die. I know how difficult that must have been, but she didn't have to go into depression about everything. 

"Cory..." I heard Havan say quietly, sitting down next to me. "I'm sorry." 

I looked up quickly as she started to put her arm around me. And I didn't want her to, because I didn't want a repeat of all the times I used to fall apart when I was with her right after Mom died. 

I stood up fast, surprising Devon who was standing in front of me, and Havan, too. 

"Don't be sorry," I said, running a hand through my hair and turning aroud once for no good reason other then that I felt like moving. "I told her some stuff she needed to know. That's a good thing."

"But, dude," Devon said. "She ran out."

Havan shot him a look. 

"No, no," I said. "That's ok. She heard me. That's all I needed right now."

Devon looked sort of confused but Havan just nodded solemnly, like she completly understood. Which, who knew, maybe she did.

I looked at the door that Cady'd run out, trying to figure out why I was suddenly tired, but jumpy.

"Hey," I said, glancing at Devon. "Can you go get her? We're still going to Joey's wether she likes it or not."

He nodded and started toward the door, but he paused when his hand was on the knob. 

"I think...." Devon said, looking back over his shoulder at me. "That you're right." I raised my eyebrows. "About Cady. She's so....not like she used to be."

I shrugged. "And I want her back."

He tilted his head to the side, his hair falling in front of his eyes. "You know, I think you can get her back."

"How?" I asked seriously. 

"She's still there, man," he told me. "You—we—just need to find her."

Of course he was right. As he turned to go find my sister, I knew he was. She wasn't gone. She was just hidden beneath all her books and things....she'd just put up a shield to block everyone out, and I—or we, as Devon had said—had to get her to put it down.

•*•

"Hun," Havan said from where she was sitting next to me on the porch steps (if you can even call them that. They're on the side of the house and there's about fifteen steps untill you get to the bottom), waiting for Devon and Cady to return. "You've been thinking about your mom a lot, haven't you?"

I glanced up at her. It's not like I hadn't been thinking about Mom.....I always occasionaly did. But maybe, since the trip, I had been thinking about her a little more often. And when Havan first started helping me cope after Mom died, she told me to just try to not think about Mom. At all. And it sort of worked. 

"A little," I admitted, glancing towards the beach. "I mean, it's hard not to. Being here."

"Just try not to," she advised me, rubbing my shoulder soothingly. 

I looked at her curiously. "Are you sure that's the best technique? Just not thinking about it? Ignoring it?"

"It worked untill now," she said simply. She shrugged her tanned shoulders. 

I guess it had. But sometimes I still felt like maybe Cady had the right idea. Not about closing off from everyone....but just acting different. I didn't change at all really after Mom died, but I felt different. I just didn't show it. 

Havan leaned into my side and sighed. I put my arm around her. 

"You know I love you, right?" I asked, leaning down and kissing the top of her head. 

She lifted her head and smiled up at me. 

"I thought you might....." she teased, leaning up and pressing her lips against mine. 

Sometimes though, I thought things worked out pretty well.  

Tell me what you think please.

Luv,
Jamie

#95 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

Amazing :heartbeat:
I'm glad Cory finally said something to Cady. She deffinitely needed to hear it.
But I don't think ignoring thoughts about his mom is a good technique.
It's kind of awful, actually.

Update soon!

Oh, and please don't tell me you are team Jacob.
No, just no. How is that even possible!
Edward all the way. :P

#96 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

Amazing :heartbeat:
I'm glad Cory finally said something to Cady. She deffinitely needed to hear it.
But I don't think ignoring thoughts about his mom is a good technique.
It's kind of awful, actually.

Update soon!

Oh, and please don't tell me you are team Jacob.
No, just no. How is that even possible!
Edward all the way. :P

Thanks! Yep, I liked making Corvan angry. Haha.

And, ok. If we are referring to hotness level between Taylor and Robert, I have to be honest and say Taylor is hotter. I haven't really decided whose team I am.....in the books, I was always Team Edward. I dunno know....hehe. Actually, I'll either be team Jasper or Emmett. No one ever talks about them and during the movie, my friend and me kept making nice comments about those two since people would only freak when Taylor came up. Haha. We were very annoying to all the people around us. :D lol.

Luv,
Jamie

#97 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:23 AM

on a side note, I am TEAM EDWARD TOO! (In the books at least)

and Cory and Havan are soooooooooooo cute. awwwwwwwwww. but they're going to have problems too, right? I have this instinct which is telling me that they are!

anyway, my instinct also tells me that Cady is going to create trouble with the Mandy thing.

so I really want to know what happens.

so update!

Rivea :icon_flower:

#98 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:04 AM

Awesome chapter!

Poor Cady! :icon_mecry2: It must have been hard to hear Cory say those things, but I think he really needed to say them. At least he's trying to get everything out into the open!

I'm glad her dad is starting to move on, too, but I have a feeling that Cady's not going to be so welcoming towards Mandy... :unsure:

I hope they can help her move on!

Update soon!

:heartbeat: Sara

#99 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

on a side note, I am TEAM EDWARD TOO! (In the books at least)

and Cory and Havan are soooooooooooo cute. awwwwwwwwww. but they're going to have problems too, right? I have this instinct which is telling me that they are!

anyway, my instinct also tells me that Cady is going to create trouble with the Mandy thing.

so I really want to know what happens.

so update!

Hah. Go Edward then!
You're the first one who's thought something might happen between Havan and Cory. Huh, guess we'll have to wait and see. But I've got some stuff planned for them. Hehe....
And Cady obviously wants to create trouble I think! Haha.
Update coming in a day or two :) Thank you.

Awesome chapter!

Poor Cady! :icon_mecry2: It must have been hard to hear Cory say those things, but I think he really needed to say them. At least he's trying to get everything out into the open!

I'm glad her dad is starting to move on, too, but I have a feeling that Cady's not going to be so welcoming towards Mandy... :unsure:

I hope they can help her move on!

Update soon!

Thanks!! Yep, must suck for Cady. I feep bad for her sometimes....but then I remember I'm the one writing this and it's all my fault anyway. Haha.
I don't think I would even be welcoming towards Mandy if I was in Cady's place....yikes, I'd probably FREAK!! lol.
Update coming soon..... :)

#100 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Hey guys! :mgwave: I wrote a lot today (vurrrry bored :icon_eek: ) so I'll just go ahead and update again. Haha. All Cady. Here you go. :icon_flower:
:krakrani:

Chapter Twelve
Cady's P.O.V. 

I was staring at the water. Water is kind of interesting. Really interesting actually. It's everywhere and comes out of no where. The sky, when it rains.  

But the oceans just sort of amazing. Although, the oil spill in the gulf is terrible, I'm just glad it had yet to reach Sunset. Because I'm going to be very mad at BP if it does. 

I sighed and brushed the sand off my flipflops. I'd been down here for about fifteen minutes and I didn't want to go back up there after making such a scene. 

But I felt like I'd had to! Cory had no right to say things like that....he didn't know me anymore. He wasn't my best friend. Not anymore. 

I watched two little kids—obviously brother and sister, with their identical red hair color—playing in the sand, making a castle with those stupid toys that kids are obsessed with. They looked happy. They were young. They probably didn't have any regrets yet, atleast anything major. When you're a kid you don't have to deal with things in a serious manner. There's always a time for joking somehow. 

I was thinking this, still watching them, when I felt a set of sturdy hands grab both my arms and pull me to my feet. 

"Oh my freaking Gandalf!" I screamed, before I could think of anything else. 

I, being concerned for my safety from whoever had just grabbed me, elbowed backwards towards the culprits chest. 

"Ow!" I heard an all too familiar voice say. 

I sighed with relief. 

"What the hell was that for?" Devon asked, dropping my arms. 

I glared at him. "You grabbed me! What was I supposed to do?"

"Perhaps discover that it's your good pal Dev before trying to attack," he suggested, rubbing his chest like I'd seriously injured him. 

"Next time announce yourself," I told him, crossing my arms. 

I looked up at the sun, it just starting to go down a little, but not enough for me to be able to go crawl in bed and sleep normaly. Darn. 

"Whatever," he said, grabbing my arm again. "Come on. We're going to Joey-Bob or whoevers house."

I halted, but he kept trying to drag me. 

"Wait," I said, when he didn't stop. "We're still going? After that big.....thing with Cory?"

"Yep," he replied nodding. He kept dragging me, and wouldn't stop, so I kicked his ankle. 

"Owww!" he said loudly and over dramatically. "What is wrong with you?"

"I don't want to go back up there," I complained, ignoring him as he rubbed his ankle now. "Cory's an idiot."

"Come on, Cad," Devon said gently. "He's your brother. He's just telling you what he thinks. And you do like honesty, right?"

I glared at him but then sighed reluctantly and closed my eyes for a moment before saying, "Screw honesty if you don't know what you're talking about."

"What if I told you that you, honestly, need to get your tiny hinny up to house about now?" he said exasperated, tapping his foot. 

"I'd say screw Devon as well," I said, smiling sarcastically and annoyed at him. I started walking in the other direction away from him, that is until he grabbed me again. 

But this time he didn't just drag me. Oh, no. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and began walking casually back to the house while I screamed. 

"Devon Kenneth Macavoy!" I shouted, using his full name like I'd heard his mom and little sister do more than once. "Put me down!"

He didn't say anything. He just kept walking as people stared and I screamed. Looking back, I feel stupid. But at the time, well, I still felt stupid. But not quite as stupid. 

When we got to the boardwalk and he carried me across it, I could already see the house and Havan as Cory sitting on the steps. When they heard my screaming, they looked up at us curiously. 

"I got her," Devon said as he stood in front of them. I couldn't see them since my face was straight in front of his back that I was hitting repeatedly with my fist, as I hung upside down. 

"Oh, I noticed," Havan said uncertainly. 

"Put me down you freaking—"

"Put her in the car," Cory announced as I heard him stand up. 

"No way in HELL am I going to—"

"Ok," Devon said with a shrug. 

I suddenly hated both of them even more. 

Devon walked me over to the car while Havan and Cory came over and hopped in the driver and passenger seat. After Devon pushed me in and held me down until Cory had locked all the doors, he sat next to me. 

"This'll be fun," Cory said, smiling back at me and nodding. I just glared. 

"What's the address?" he asked Havan. 

I watched her rummage through her purse for a moment before pulling out the napkin she'd written Joey's information on in her perfectly messy handwriting. 

She told Cory the address and also took out her phone to call him and tell him that we were coming before we went ahead if they weren't there. I silently prayed for Joey to tell her they were out to eat or not there or something that would be excuse enough for us not to go. 

"Hey, Joey," she said smiling into the phone. "It's Havan. Can we still come over?" 

She listened for a minute and then said, "Great! We'll be there soon!" There was a pause and then she added, "No. Of course that's ok! That's great actually."

Great. Hah, yeah sure this would be just fabulous. 

"Kay," Havan went on. "We'll be there soon. Bye." 

"So I'm guessing we can go?" I said in a flat voice. 

Havan smiled a little, although not in my direction because she knew I wouldn't like that, and nodded. 

"He said that his 'buddies' had invited some people that they'd met today over also though, so he just wanted to be sure that was ok," Havan informed us. 

"Ah," Cory said, taking a turn. "They live like two streets over you realize."

"Seriously?" Devon asked. Cory nodded. 

I don't like them, I decided. I have very stupid friends. Maybe I'll move in with Joey for the remainder of the three weeks. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. 

A few minutes later when we pulled into a driveway, I suddenly stopped thinking about killing my friends because I SAW the house. 

And it was big, dude. 

"Damn," Devon said, pretty much voicing what I was thinking. 

The house was probably three stories tall and it looked new. You could see the steps that led up to the second story and a wrap around porch that looked down at a fairly big pool and grill area. Under the porch, there was a pingpong table and the door leading into the basement I guessed was open to reveal a game room type area. 

"Man," Cory said. "Why was Joey working?"

"I'll have to figure out," Havan said, opening up the door and hopping out. We all followed, even me-and willingly too. Because I'll admit, I was kind of interested to learn about Joey now. 

We opened the little gated fence that entered to the pool area. There were four guys-one of them being Joey-either sitting around the pool or lounging in it. There were also two girls talking to one of the guys in the pool. 

"Cady!" I heard someone say. I turned toward the side of the pool and Joey was standing there, smiling and waving us over. Why he had to call my name and single me out, I did not know. 

"Hey," we all said, walking over towards him. He was wet and in a pair of swim trucks. I felt a little out of place in my clothes. 

"Hey," he said back. "So, glad you could come."

"Thanks for inviting us," Havan said, looking around. "This place is....awesome."

"Thanks," he said smiling. "So, let me show you everyone."

He started walking and I guessed we were supposed to follow. I looked back at Cory and Devon and Havan. They shrugged and we started walking. 

"Ok," Joey said. He pointed at one of the guys, talking to the two girls. He had light blonde hair that was soaking wet, and he was talking quickly and smiling. "That's Joey." I glanced at him curiously but he didn't stop. He pointed at another guy, a black guy now playing pingpong with another guy. "That's Joey." Ok..... 

"Um," I started. But he looked at me grinning and shook his head. 

He pointed to the guy that was getting beat by the other Joey at pingpong, he had-get this-spiky green hair and piercing blue eyes I could see from where I stood. "And that," he said. "Is Joey."

He stopped and smiled at us while we stared at him. 

"So," I said. "The Joey's you talked to us earlier about are...."

"My best friends?" he asked grinning. "Yep."

"Wow," Havan said. Well, what could we say?

"So which ones the smart one and the trouble maker and the....well, I can guess which one had the cool hair," Devon said, looking at the guy with the green hair. 

"Joey Kamen," Joey said, pointing to the guy playing pingpong that didn't have green hair. "He's the smart one. And then Joey Daniels." He pointed towards the one with the two girls hanging around him. "Trouble maker."

"What should we call them....?" Cory asked slowly. 

"Call Joey Kamen J.K.," he said. "Call Joey Mathews Jay. And call Joey Daniels Dan."

Man, this was going to be hard to remember. 

"Oh," he said. "And the two girls are Dan's latest victims. He met them when he was 'rescuing a kid from drowning in the ocean.' His words, not mine. Apparently their names are Savannah and Hannah. Slightly annoying," he added, lowering his voice. "But Dan likes 'em so what can ya do? The guy doesn't give up."

I smiled a little. "So, what should we do?"

"Whatever you want," he said with a shrug. "Swim...though you probably don't have bathing suits or anything. Hah. You can play in the game room and just hang. You said you wanted to have some fun, so go ahead."

"Swim with me Cad," Devon said, grabbing my hand when Joey started to walk away to the pingpong table. 

"I don't have a bathing suit!" I said, pulling my arm away from him. 

"Isn't girl underwear like equivalent to a bikini?" he asked tiredly. 

"I am NOT," I said firmly in a low voice, glancing at Havan and Cory talking. "going to walk around in front of a bunch of guys I don't know in my bra and panties."

To my surprise he smirked and laughed as he asked, "Did you, Cady, just say panties?"

I glowered at him and grumbled, "You are so weird."

"Hey," I heard Cory say from beside us. I shot him a glare. He looked taken back. "Well, sorry. We're just going to challenge them in pingpong. Y'all have fun now."

He was mad at me. I could tell. He wasn't going to do anything about it, but he was still angry. Fine by me. 

They walked away and I looked back at Devon who was looking at me with one of his eyebrows raised. 

"What?" I asked, my arms crossed. 

"Nothing." He shook his head. "Well, I'm going to jump in that pool. At least sit on the side and talk to me?"

I shrugged and plopped myself down on the concrete next to the pool while he grinned and pulled his t-shirt over his head and kicked off his shoes, leaving him in his nylon shorts. He was hard to ignore without that much clothes on. 

He jumped in the water. Right in front of me, of course, so that I'd get splashed. 

"Devon!" I groaned when he came up. He grinned and shook his head, causing water to fly off his soaked hair. 

"Sorry, Hun," he said, winking at me. "My bad."

I was trying to be mad at him. For making me get in the car, for splashing me. But I couldn't. Stupid brown freaking beautiful eyes. Dumb perfect smile. Gosh, I hate him so much for making me like him. 

He came up to the side of the pool and rested his arms in front of me. He smiled up at me. 

It was getting dark. You could see the sun getting lower behind the huge house and you could hear all the Joey's laughing and talking to everyone. It was kind of peaceful in a way. Who knew what my dad was doing, but it was calm there. Chill. 

"You're not really mad at me," Devon said, smirking. 

I looked at him and gave him a half smile. 

"I'm never mad at you."

Did I just say that?

He looked at me surprised, smiling a little. 

"Yo Cady!" I heard someone say. I looked over and saw Joey waving at me. I smiled and waved back a little, glad for the the distraction. 

"Wanna play Call of Duty with me and Jay?" he called back. 

"Um," I said. I glanced at Devon, bobbing up and down in the water. I needed to get away from him for just a few minutes, just so I wouldn't do anything slightly stupid and unlike myself. "Sure."

"Well, bye then," Devon said while I stood up. Yep, that was definitely disappointment in his voice. 

"I'll be back in a few," I told him. "Isn't this you guys' plan anyways? Getting me to have fun?"

Hah. I got him there. He just frowned and I could feel him watching me as I started back to play call of duty with two guys both named Joey. 

Huh, this vacations more interesting than I thought it would be. 

Not that that's a good thing. 
:cat:

Kay....so tell me what you think pleaZe!

Luv,
J-ME :020:

#101 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

That was so cute!

Joey/Bob totally likes Cady! Looks like Devon has a little competition!

Hahaha I would be so mad if anyone threw me over their shoulder like Devon did! Ugh... but I like hearing about him doing it to her! :D

Update soon!

#102 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:48 AM

YAY!!!! ^^ Cady is starting to realise she likes Devon :) This story keeps getting better, its really really good so far . Please update when you can :)

suzeeee <3

#103 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

"I'm never mad at you."

Did I just say that?

He looked at me surprised, smiling a little. 

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. :heartbeat:
Cady, darling, you're progressing. I is so happy.

#104 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Awe, this was so cute!
Cady is so in love with him. :P
Hah, it was funny when Devon threw her over his shoulder.

Update soon! :heartbeat:

#105 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

That was so cute!

Joey/Bob totally likes Cady! Looks like Devon has a little competition!

Hahaha I would be so mad if anyone threw me over their shoulder like Devon did! Ugh... but I like hearing about him doing it to her! :D

Update soon!

Haha....I really feel weird that you all think Joey likes Cady....haha I know something y'all don't. Hehe. Thanks. I'd be glad it Devon picked me up too. ;)

YAY!!!! ^^ Cady is starting to realise she likes Devon :) This story keeps getting better, its really really good so far . Please update when you can :)

suzeeee <3

Thanks! I like writing it so I'm glad y'all like reading it. :) I'll update soon.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. :heartbeat:
Cady, darling, you're progressing. I is so happy.

Haha. That was like my favorite line!! Hehe. Definitely progressing :)

Awe, this was so cute!
Cady is so in love with him. :P
Hah, it was funny when Devon threw her over his shoulder.

Thank you bunches. :) Lol I wouldn't like ot very much if anyone but Devon threw me over their shoulder. Haha.

#106 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hehe when does the FUN begin James? Hehe;)
So update vury soon
This was amazing
All of em were joeys hilarious!!
UPDATE
ASAP
:mgwave:

#107 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

Cheyenne: Well for me the fun has already begun, listening to yalls predictions about cady and Devon and Joey. Haha. Thank you :) :)
:icon_sunny:

Sooooo...I believe you all deserve an update 'cause you're such fabulous peoples. :icon_geek: I'm sorry if it's weird...so am I :) here you go......
:spinstar:

Chapter Thirteen
Corvan's P.O.V.

Huh. She's playing Call of Duty. 

Now, figure me this. I have that game and I used to ask her almost everyday if she wanted to play, and the answer was always no. Yet, the Joey's come along and she's willing to. 

Well, fine. That's fine with me. She can do whatever she wants. She's even doing what I wanted her to. Cady's having FUN. Hah, yes. What she's doing is fun....

"Cory! That was on your side!" 

I looked over startled at Havan who was staring annoyed and shocked at me. Oops. We were still playing pingpong. The two of us against J.K. He was....good, really. 

"My bad," I said, looking back at the table, away from the door I could see Cady, Joey, and Jay through on a couch, playing a PS3. 

"Pay attention," she growled, her competitive side coming out. 

I did. But it didn't really help. J.K. still beat us, twenty one to ten.  

"Man, you're good," I told him as we walked over towards the pool. He jumped in since he was only wearing his swim trucks. I sat down next to Havan at the edge and stuck my feet in. 

"Bob's dad taught all of us when we were kids," he said, resurfacing and shaking his green (BRIGHT green) hair. 

"Oh," Havan replied. "Is he good or something?"

J.K. stared at her like she had just spoken another language. 

"Are you serious?" he asked after a minute. "You don't know who his dad is?"

Havan and me both stared at him blankly. Joey hadn't told us his last name so I couldn't think of anyway I should have known.  

"His dad," J.K. said, smiling, "is Jack McPherson."

"Are you serious?" Havan blurted out. 

Excuse me if I sound dumb, but who is Jack McPherson?

I must have said that aloud since Havan and J.K. both looked at me incredulously and he asked, "Are YOU serious? You don't know who Jack McPherson is?"

"No," I replied. "But, please. Enlighten me. What's he do?"

"Hun," Havan said, hitting my shoulder. "He's only, like, one of the best pingpong players ever. He was even in the olympics when he was younger, I think, right?"

I glanced at J.K. and he confirmed what she'd said by nodding. 

"He doesn't play as much now," he told us. "But when he taught us, he wouldn't even go easy on us. The guys awesome, but he's such a smart ass. Not that that's a really BAD thing....he's funny. I dunno. I've known him since I was little. Like all of us."

"Wow," I said, nodding. "I can't believe that Joey forgot to mention that to us, huh?"

Havan laughed. "Yeah, doesn't seem like something you'd easily forget to say."

"Bob doesn't really talk about it that much," J.K. told us with a shrug. "He always gets special attention about it in school, so he doesn't really tell new people about it."

"Understandable," Havan said nodding solemnly. 

"Anyways," J.K. said. "Y'all coming in? I'm either gonna flirt with one of these girls or your sister, Cory. So you guys just have fun."

"Stay away from Cady."

Surprisingly, it was Havan and not me that said this. I think she was really sat on operation get Devon and Cady together. 

"Fine," he sighed. "I just figured she had to be better than...Banana and whatever over there."

"Savannah and Hannah?" Havan guessed. 

"Sure, sure," he said, before ducking under the water and swimming away. 

"Interesting about his dad," Havan said when J.K. had reached Dan and the two girls, putting either of his hands on both the girls shoulders. 

"Cool, I guess," I said, leaning back against the concrete and pulling her back down with me. 

"You guess?" she asked disbelievingly, leaning over me so her hair fell down onto my face. She tucked it behind her ears then said, her face very close to mine making it tad bit difficult to concentrate, "It is super cool, Cor. Like, we are thisclose to a famous persons son."

I was about to say, "Yeah, a famous person I didn't even know of and don't, honestly, care too much about." But I didn't. Instead I smiled as her side bangs fell back onto my face and asked politely, "May I kiss you Havan?"

She looked at me strangely, then glanced up around to see of anyone was watching and said, "Um, sure."

So I did. And very thoroughly, I might add. Especially considering I was right near a bunch of practically strangers and my annoying sister and her BFF, who she should actually be kissing right now. Although, not anywhere near me.

I pushed Havan's bangs back out of her face and held her face gently between my hands, her pulling my shirt up so I came with it. I just continued to sit there in blissful happiness, kissing this girl I was so lucky to have and not thinking at all about where my dad was, what was wrong with my sister, and how I was never going to see my mom alive again (because those thoughts can put a damper on your evening. Trust me). 

Just when Havan was doing that thing where she moved her hand to my neck, over my pulse, I heard someone say loudly, and obviously directed towards us, "Hey, we like to keep this place at least PG. Thank you very much."

Havan pulled away, half gasping, half laughing and baried her head in my shirt. I was pretty much doing the same thing, except for I was shaking my head at Joey, who'd said it. 

Cady and Jay had followed him out of the game room and everyone that had been in the pool, including Devon, were all talking and now throwing curious glances in our direction. Maybe making out with my girlfriend beside a strangers pool is not the best way to make an impression on people. 

"Sorry," Havan said loudly, lifting her head before throwing it back down on my shoulder. 

Joey and Jay laughed, and then walked over towards us with Cady following behind. 

"Who won Call of Duty?" Havan asked before anyone had a chance to say something about her kissing me. 

"Me," Jay said happily, raising his hand. "I swear, you play that game two times and even an idiot could do it."

I heard Joey laugh and saw him glance at Cady. 

"Shut up," she said, smiling and rolling her eyes at him. "Don't say anything."

"Guessing she lost?" Havan said sourly. 

"Big time," Joey informed us, nodding. "Not a single kill. She wouldn't give the game a second chance."

"Too bad," I said. "It's fun, Cad," I added to her. 

"Sure," she replied sarcastically. Well, sarcasm is better than anger. Yes, much better. 

"Do you have anything to drink?" Cady asked Joey. "I'm kind of thirsty."

"I'll go get you something," Joey volunteered. "What would you like?"

"Mountain Dew," both Havan and I chorused as Cady opened her mouth. She turned and glared at us quickly before adding to Joey, "If you have it, that is."

"We do." Joey smiled and turned around to start walking towards the side of the house, to the steps that led up to the porch on the main floor. 

"Hey Cady!" I heard Devon call. "Come in now....?!"

"No," she mumbled, barely loud enough for him to hear. She glanced at Joey, headed up the stairs. "Hey, wait up, Joey!" Cady called after him. 

He stopped and she went quickly up the stairs to catch up with him. Passing up Devon time for Joey...I don't think I like the sound of that. They shared a smile that slightly sickened me and made Havan say, "Uh oh. Nuh uh. He is NOT ruining my plan."

And strangely enough, I completely agreed with her. Joey McPherson, no matter if he was some pingpong-ing prodigies son, was not about to get Cady for some three week summer romance that would leave her depressed when she left. She needed something real. Even if she wasn't good at long relationships, losing a short one would still be hard on her. 

Apparently Devon agreed also (no surprise there). Since as soon as I turned around from watching Cady and Joey retreat up the stairs, he was standing in the water in front of Havan and me. 

"That's it," he said simply. "I want Cady."

Hehe. Tell me what yah think :) :) :) I added some junk (the kiss) between Cory and Havan 'cause I felt I needed to show there relationship does not revolve around helping Cady. Haha.

Luv,
Jamie (or The Commander as some know me.... ;) )

#108 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

Lmelo PG! Priceless
Cory and Havan are so good together. :) makes me smile....
Devon better step up a notch to get his woman!!
Cady better NOT fall for Joey! If she does I'm going to punch someone!
That's it. I want Cady!!!!
ULDATE
ASAP

#109 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

Such a great chapter!

Yay! Devon's finally admitted he wants Cady! I'm so excited! :hyper:

Cory and Havan are so, so cute! I really love them together!

I wish I was good at ping pong. I pretty much suck... :blush:

Update soon!

#110 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

oooh...even Devon is progressing...everyone is progressing...me loves progress!

And Cory and Havan are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute I just want to hug them both to death. Can I?

Update soon

#111 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

FINALLY!
Devon's going to make a move!
I knew jealousy would do the trick.
Boys just need a little shove in the right direction sometimes. :P

Was Haven acting wierd, or was it just me?
I don't want her to act wierd, her and Cory are so cute!

Amazing.

#112 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! finally devon is gonna do something about getting cady!! :) im starting to dislike cady now, how can she be so inconsiderate leaving her best friend for some guy she just met?!? i hope she comes to her senses soon. update soon!

Susanaa <3

Edited by suze.angelova, 09 July 2010 - 08:28 AM.

#113 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

Lmelo PG! Priceless
Cory and Havan are so good together. :) makes me smile....
Devon better step up a notch to get his woman!!
Cady better NOT fall for Joey! If she does I'm going to punch someone!
That's it. I want Cady!!!!
ULDATE
ASAP

Thank youzzzz :) I like Havan and Cory's relationship too....well, for now. Mwhaha. Don't worry...I don't THINK she'll fall for Joey...we'll see.and don't get too violent. Haha.

Such a great chapter!

Yay! Devon's finally admitted he wants Cady! I'm so excited! :hyper:

Cory and Havan are so, so cute! I really love them together!

I wish I was good at ping pong. I pretty much suck... :blush:

Update soon!

Thanks!! Yeah, we'll see how Devon goes about this...and I LOVE pingpong!! I've been playing constantly with my bro but I always lose :( haha.

oooh...even Devon is progressing...everyone is progressing...me loves progress!

And Cory and Havan are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute I just want to hug them both to death. Can I?

Update soon

Yes I like progress as well! Haha. But things might not be about to continue like that...hmm. Anyways, THANK YOU!! :)

FINALLY!
Devon's going to make a move!
I knew jealousy would do the trick.
Boys just need a little shove in the right direction sometimes. :P

Was Haven acting wierd, or was it just me?
I don't want her to act wierd, her and Cory are so cute!

Amazing.

Jealouslys crazy I guess...And if Havan was acting weird in THAT update I didn't mean to....in the next couple updates she will be. Haha. But not that one. THANKS!!!!! :)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! finally devon is gonna do something about getting cady!! :) im starting to dislike cady now, how can she be so inconsiderate leaving her best friend for some guy she just met?!? i hope she comes to her senses soon. update soon!

Susanaa <3

I'm glad you guys are developing your own opinions about the characters. Haha. They're interesting. ThAnKs!! :)
:D

I'll update today....hopefully

#114 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Gah...I'ma updatin' no matta what she sayz...

So, this is a vurrrrry long update for moi. Buttttttttttt I must warn you, be prepared to be surprised. because you WILL be honeys. Trust moi who shall now present you with da update.
:icon_flower:

Chapter Fourteen 
Cady's P.O.V

I was not about to go talk to Devon when we were underneath the moonlight....and with him not wearing a shirt. And he wanted me to take my clothes off (man, that just does not sound good)!

That's why I followed Joey, of course. Even if he had kicked my butt in Call of Duty, he was still a funny, decent, and....let's admit it, fairly hot guy. And he didn't know a thing about me or my life. 

"Thank you," I said, taking the Mountain Dew and looking around the messy (well, what do you expect with four teenage guys living in a house?) but extremely nice and updated kitchen. 

"Welcome," he replied politely, grabbing himself a Coke. Ew. Hate Coke. 

"So," he said, leaning casually across the counter from me. I leaned against the other side. "Tell me about yourself."

"Not much to tell," I told him. Lie. "I'm down here for three weeks with my dad, brother, his girlfriend, and my friend. I live about four hours away. Small town. Used to come here all the time, but then something happened and we stopped."

"Tell me if you chose," he said, placing his drink on the granite and looking down at it. "But is your mom dead or divorced?"

"Dead," I replied. And no, it didn't feel like the word had been wrenched from me. It wasn't difficult to admit, it was just difficult to get over. 

"I thought so," he said. "Earlier you said your mom's name WAS Carol. I figured."

"Figured right," I complemented him dryly. "Now tell me about yourself."

I thought, he knows something major about me, guess I should know something at least slightly important about him. 

"Hmm," he said. "Not much to tell." He grinned. "You know I'm down here with my four friends. You know where I'm working. What's there to know?"

"How about why you're working?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Because if you look at this house....well, that just doesn't add up."

He laughed a little. "Well," he admitted. "I don't really need to work. But my uncle actually owns that place and he needs someone to fill in for him some days over the summer."

"Oh," I said. Then I realized something. "You know, you didn't even tell me your last name."

"Oh, right," he muttered, glancing down at his bare feet. "It's, um, McPherson."

I nodded. The name actually rang a bell. Joey McPherson....not quite. 

"My dad is Jack McPherson," he said quickly. I looked up at him. "You know, pingpong...."

Then I got it. 

"Oh, seriously?" I asked, my eyes widening. "That's so cool. He's really good, right?"

He shrugged. "Yeah, I guess." He sighed. "It's just actually sort of weird. Knowing people know him..."

"I'd guess so."

It was silent for a moment then I glanced up at him and he looked like he was contemplating something. 

"What is it?" I asked curiously, taking a small step towards him and away from the counter. 

"Nothing." He swallowed. "Just, um. I feel like I should tell you something, before you get the wrong idea...."

He stole a look at my curious face and then sighed. 

"Ok," he said slightly nervous. "I'm sort of....."

Insert ten thousand more .....'s because that's seriously how long he took. 

"Sort of......gay."

"Oh."

Figures. 

No, seriously. That's what I thought when he told me. Figures I'd meet a half way decent, pretty hot guy, who I can see myself spending time with. And he turns out to not like girls. Great. 

"Sorry if that's just weird that I told you that," Joey said, dragging my attention back to him. "I just....didn't want you to..."

"Start liking you?" I guessed, leaning back against the counter. He nodded. "No, it's a good thing you told me, actually. Because I probably would have."

He groaned slightly. "Sometimes I think it would be easier to be straight." He laughed. "Can't really help it of course..."

I laughed. "No. Really, it's fine. Do like....do all your friends know?"

"Oh, yeah," he said nodding. "Probably before I did." He laughed a little, looking down. "But, um. If you wouldn't mind not telling your friends....? Just so they won't act weird around me. Some people do."

"Oh, sure," I said. Like I would have. No way. I wasn't even on good terms with one of them at the moment. "No problem."

"You're a pretty cool girl, Cady," he said, grabbing his drink and then swinging his arm over my shoulder. "If I wasn't gay I think I'd probably like you."

I laughed. Even if this was extremely...not normal and not something I was used, he wasn't letting it be that uncomfortable. Still uncomfortable. But not that bad. 

"Wanna go back down?" he asked casually enough. "Or do you want something to eat? I made brownies earlier."

"See, I probably would have figured out you were gay from that if you hadn't told me," I said sarcastically, looking up at him. 

He laughed. "I'm not that good at cooking so it wouldn't count," he disagreed. "But my brownies are tasty."

I smiled. "I'll have one. Thanks."

He went over and picked up a plate covered in aluminum foil and tore it off dramatically to reveal some yummy looking brownies. 

"Thank you," I said again, picking the biggest one. He smiled while I took a bite. 

"Whoa, yummy," I said with my mouth full. He laughed. 

"No problem," he told me. "Milk?"

I nodded smiling and he got me a cup and pulled a carton of milk out of the fridge. 

I walked over and got it from him, thanking him again and leaving my Mountain Dew. We walked out of the kitchen and back down the stairs while he talked, his arm over my shoulder in a gesture that was too casual for me to find odd, while I ate and drank milk and nodded. 

I looked down at Devon and Cor and Havan while I descended the stairs. They were talking intently and when they noticed me they stopped and stared at me. 

"Gee, wonder who they're talking about," Joey asked sarcastically, noticing that they'd stopped too. 

"Me," I said smiling bitterly. I glanced at his arm. "Um, arm." 

He took it away. "Sorry."

I laughed shakily. "It's ok. I wouldn't find it odd if we weren't like, near a lot of people. That don't know that you're gay."

"Very true," he acknowledged. "Especially with Devon and all...."

I glanced at him. "Why must everyone think he likes me or something?" I groaned, my mouth kind of full. "How did you decide that he did? I need a reason."

"Um, Cady?" he said. "Have you ever seen him look at you? Or actually, have you ever seen him glare at me?" He laughed a little. "He's glaring at me right now. Don't look. Should I smile? Wave? What?"

"Don't do anything," I warned. We did not need an angry Devon....even though he had no reason to actually be angry. I mean, he was just my best friend. 

Joey laughed. "Cute. Ah, best friends in love. It's like that movie! What's it called-?"

"I do not," I said in a low voice. "like Devon. Got it?"

He smiled. "Sure. And I'm not gay and that brownie is not super yummy and my dad sucks at pingpong and—"

"Just be quiet, please," I mumbled. 

I started quickly down the rest of the stairs, listening to his laugh and trying to concentrate on shoving the rest of the brownie down my throat. 

When I got to the bottom of the steps, of course that was right where the three of them were sitting, looking at me. 

"Hi," I said, my mouth crammed with chocolatey goodness. 

God help me. 

•*•*•*•
Corvan's P.O.V

"Hi," she said with her mouth completely full. 

We'd had to stop talking when she came down since all we had been doing was listening to Devon rant about Cady and how we better help him get them together. Of course, we couldn't be talking about that with Cady right there. 

"Hey," I said. Since Devon was just keeping his mouth shut and his jaw clenched and Havan was smiling, having gotten Devon to admit he liked Cady, I felt I needed to step in and say something. 

"Where'd you get the brownie?" I asked. 

"Joey," she replied smiling. I felt Devon stiffen by my side. Man, he didn't like that guy now. 

"You know what?" Devon said kind of loudly. "I think I'm ready to go home."

"We just got here," Cady said surprised. "Are you serious?"

"You didn't want to come anyway," Devon reminded her. "So why would you want to stay?"

Wow, if this was his way of getting her to like him, I think he was going to need some serious help from Havan. 

"Um, maybe we haven't even been here an hour and I thought we were having a pretty nice time?" Cady said confused by his tone. Which, you can't blame her for. She doesn't know that he's in love with her. 

"I'm tired," he said. It was eight o'clock. Not a good excuse Devon. "I, uh, didn't sleep good last night? Yeah, I didn't."

Excuse me, but it was I who didn't sleep good last night. He was over there snoring and talking about God knows what in his sleep. It's complete gibberish. And really annoying. 

"Oh," Cady said. She shrugged and I watched as Joey came down the stairs and came up behind her. "Well, I guess we should go then."

"You're leaving?" Joey asked from behind her, sounding slightly deflated. 

"Um," Cady said, turning around to look at him. "Yeah, I guess. Devon wants to go."

"Oh." He shrugged. "Well, I hope you guys come back over. Anytime, we're usually here or down at the beach. Or I'm at work. You've got my number."

"We will," Cady assured him smiling at him. 

•*•

We walked into the house a few minutes later and found Dad sitting by himself on the couch. That alone almost made me sigh with relief for some reason. I know Cady's supposed to be the one freaking out about our dad ever dating again....but still. I can't help but not want him to. 

"Hey," he said when he saw us. "You're back early."

"I know," Cady and I said, glancing at Devon who just looked down. 

"How was dinner?" Cady asked curiously, sitting down on the armrest beside Dad. 

"Great," he replied. "Mandy and me talked a lot. She was one of your, er, mom's best friends growing up, you know."

"I didn't actually," Cady admitted. She yawned and leaned against his shoulder. "You know, I'm kind of tired. I might just go to bed...."

"It's like eight thirty," Havan cried. "Why is everyone going to bed?!"

I looked at her and put my arm over her shoulder. "It's ok," I assured her smiling. "You don't have to go to bed."

Twenty minutes later, Cady had gone to bed and Dad was still watching TV while Devon, Havan, and me sat in my room. 

"Ok," Havan said, looking intently at Devon. "We must get you and Cady together." She squealed happily. "Awe, you guys are going to be so cute together."

Devon groaned and leaned back against his bed. "You know what?" he said groggily, turning over. "Just forget it. It's so stupid."

"No it's not," she said gently. She got up from my lap and went and sat next to him. "She likes you Devon. A lot. You can tell." She patted his back soothingly. 

"What about Joey...Bob...pingpong..brownies whoever he is?" he muttered into his pillow. 

"Well...." Havan said, tilting her head into it's thinking position. "Just don't worry about him. Just because he makes killer brownies or whatever doesn't mean she likes him."

"I made her a cupcake on her fifteenth birthday," Devon grumbled. "She said it was tasty. That should count for something."

"I'm sure it does," Havan said. She looked at me shaking her head and rolling her eyes. Obviously she thought this was actually going to be pretty difficult....getting my sister and her best friend together. Yikes. That sounds kind of scary now that I think about it...

....It's going to be like messing with the balance of the universe trying to get those two together. 

Mwuhaha. So did ya except that? Yah, now Cady/Joey is impossibility...cept that Devon dunno that. HaHA.

Tellme whatcha think about tis lovely peoples :)

Luv,
Jamie

#115 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

What a great chapter!

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW it! As soon as you said

Haha....I really feel weird that you all think Joey likes Cady....haha I know something y'all don't.

I knew!

Poor Devon, getting all upset because of Joey! I wish they would just get together already!

Update soon!

#116 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Haha I've known from tue beginning he was gay...lmelo!!
Awesome update!
Poor Devon. He's getting all upset when Joeys just gay. Did that make sense
Anyways...
UPDATE
ASAP

#117 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

(I had a sudden urge to reply to comments so that's why I'm doing this so early haha)

What a great chapter!

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW it! As soon as you said

I knew!

Poor Devon, getting all upset because of Joey! I wish they would just get together already!

Update soon!

Haha. Thank you!! Yeah, I was wondering if anyone figured it out from that!! lol I didn't want to be too obvious but I couldn't wait until that update!! Hehe. Thanks again. :) By the way, I know I say it all the time on your story, but update your story soon! Haha.

Haha I've known from tue beginning he was gay...lmelo!!
Awesome update!
Poor Devon. He's getting all upset when Joeys just gay. Did that make sense
Anyways...
UPDATE
ASAP

Hawhaw. I know it must have been just so difficult to keep Joey's secret lol. Thank ya darlin'!! Yes. Sad for Devon. If only he knew Joey was gay....haha. Update soon...if that's what you REALLY want!!

Luv,
Jamie
Keep commenting as crazily as you want :)

#118 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

Oh I'm glad you had the urge to talk to me again ;)

#119 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Cheyenne- oh, I always will want to talk to you! You're not very boring.....like some people who don't say hello and are going to college in the mountains in a state that has no mountains and have annoying little sisters who enjoy torturing us-you in particular. *cough* TYLER! *cough*

Luv,
Jamie

#120 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

Cheyenne- oh, I always will want to talk to you! You're not very boring.....like some people who don't say hello and are going to college in the mountains in a state that has no mountains and have annoying little sisters who enjoy torturing us-you in particular. *cough* TYLER! *cough*

Luv,
Jamie

Jamie- oh, *cough* Tyler *cough* wasn't boring. it was rather interesting to hear about going to college in the mountains in a state that doesn't even have any mountains. and the little sister did bug the hell out of me. splash me in the face will you...we'll see about that :074:

luvv,
Cheyenne

#121 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

Cheyenne- Ok. I'll admit he wasn't boring...he was just ODD!!! haha. Oh, can't forget his demon ex girlfriend. Lol. That was tooooo funny of a day.

Luv,
Jamie

#122 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

Jamie- yes, his demon :evil: :074: ex-girlfreind. as he said "theyre nice when you start but turn evil near the end." or something like that. my dad scared him with his manly voice. YOU KNOW! 'CAUSE HE TALKS LIKE THIS!!

Luuv,
Cheyenne

Edited by <3Cheese<3, 09 July 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#123 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Cheyenne- I KNOW! WE SHOULD START TALKING LIKE THIS! JUST TO FRIGHTEN SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD BOYS AWAY! And maybe we can even wear do rags to REALLLLY freak 'em out! Whatya think?!

Luv,
Jamie

#124 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

jamie- BEST IDEA YET! only if the do rags have skulls and scary stuff, like my dad's. HEHAW

Luvv,
Cheyenne

P.S Eddie is OBSESSED with the song "California Gurls".

#125 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

Cheyenne- oh my god yes we must get an assortment of them! Maybe flames on one and blood on another! Oh, this shall be interesting!

Haha. California girls? No way!! I thought he hated that music???

Luv,
Jamie

#126 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

jamie- yes. plenty of them. and dagers, swords, blood, skulls, and motorcycles

yes, well, he said,
"its not that bad, i think i want to buy it."
and im like
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? WHY?!"
lolz

Luvv,
Cheyenne

#127 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Cheyenne- Goodness yes agreed on do rags :)

Hahahahhaa. That's weird. I mean, yes it's catchy but he's EDDIE and eddies don't usually listen to Katy Perry. Lmelo.

Luv,
Jamie

#128 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Jamie- Deal

yeha. Eddies aren't cut out for that type of music.

Luvv,
Cheyenne

#129 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

Cheyenne-I know right?! I could POSSIBLY see a Jared listening to it, but Eddie? I dunno about all that. Too out there.

Luv,
Jamie

#130 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Joey is gay!!
Devon, Cory, and Haven MUST figure that out!
It will solve all of the problems of the world.

And he shouldn't be mad she went upstairs with Joey! She only did it because she couldn't be in a romantic setting with a shirtless Devon!
She was only trying to avoid the sexual tension, because she is so in love.

You must update soon! :heartbeat:

#131 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Perfect plan to make Devon jealous....and he was so cute :) all grumpy :)

lol....and I liked that sentence Joey said about 'and I'm not gay and my dad sucks at ping-pong...' I was all LOOOOL. Because it's so obvious Cady likes likes Devons omewhat already...

#132 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Joey is gay!!
Devon, Cory, and Haven MUST figure that out!
It will solve all of the problems of the world.

And he shouldn't be mad she went upstairs with Joey! She only did it because she couldn't be in a romantic setting with a shirtless Devon!
She was only trying to avoid the sexual tension, because she is so in love.

You must update soon! :heartbeat:

Everyones happy he's gay. Haha good :) that's what I wanted.
And EXACTLY!! Lol Devon's just wayyyy too paranoid. Hehe. THANK YOU!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Perfect plan to make Devon jealous....and he was so cute :) all grumpy :)

lol....and I liked that sentence Joey said about 'and I'm not gay and my dad sucks at ping-pong...' I was all LOOOOL. Because it's so obvious Cady likes likes Devons omewhat already...

Haha THANKS :) I liked grimy Devon lol.
And that was like my favorite line too! Haha I didn't like that line when I wrote it and I was gonna go back and change it, but them I re read it and it sounded a lot better than it did the first time. Lol thanks :)

Luv
Jamie

#133 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Me is bored. Am updating. No Joey in this one haha sorry. This one is definitely not my favorite...but the next on I hbe a love/hate relationship with. Anyways, here you go peoples.

Chapter Fifteen 
Cady's P.O.V.

I have the corniest friends. Ever. 

Because have YOU'RE friends ever suggested you all go out for a picnic? On the beach? In ninety degree weather?

No, I didn't think so. 

But let me tell you something. I don't care if you have a blanket firmly under all of you, and food on top of that, even if you do, you're food will somehow get sandy. And not tasty. 

And we weren't even eating picnic-like food. We had some junk food that pretty much revolved around being cheesy (like my friends) like cheese nips, cheese crackers, or revolved around around being crunchy, like pretzels or chips. 

"This is nice," Havan said smiling. 

On what planet is eating sandy food and laying in the hot sun ever been considered nice? I much rather have been at Joey's like we'd been the other night. 

But I guess the sand wasn't bothering them too much since they all agreed. I think right then I wished Dad had come, because I'm pretty sure he would've agreed with me on this sucking. But, no. He was with she who shall not be named. (MANDY!)

I pushed the bag of pretzels back and leaned against Devon's shoulder. 

"Ugh," I groaned. "Can we do something else?"

"Like...?" Devon asked. He kind of surprised me when he leaned back onto the blanket and I went tumbling with him, but I just leaned back against his shoulder. 

"Like...go fishing," I said smiling when I saw someone reeling in at a fish on the pier, sort of far away. 

"Didn't you're mom used to take you and Cory fishing?" Devon asked me, looking down at me on his shoulder. 

I smiled and closed my eyes. "Yeah," I said. "I remember one time—the only time we got Dad to come—she freaked out because I pretended to fall over the pier...and then I almost did when Cory pushed me. She said we were just too stressful so she took us home." I laughed a little. 

"That's nice," Devon said gently to me. 

I was about to launch into a story about another time she took just me fishing, but Havan cleared her throat. 

"Yes?" I asked, sitting up from Devon and looking at her. 

"Um," she said, slightly uncomfortable. "Maybe you shouldn't talk about your mom...."

I looked at her, surprised for a moment before asking, "Why not?"

"Just...it might make it more difficult to get over her that way...." she tried to explain. 

I looked at her, actually confused but sort of angry now. "I don't want to get over her. I like talking about memories."

"Well," she went on unfortunately. "I just think it might be easier to forget about her and let it go if you don't talk or think about her constantly."

"I don't want to forget about her," I said angrily. 

"Havan," Cory said quickly. "Maybe you should be quiet. Maybe that's not the best way to deal with everything...."

"Wait," I said, looking at Cory. "That's how she got you to act so calm after Mom died, isn't it? She just made you forget about everything...." I glanced back at Havan. "Do you know how horrible that is?"

"It's better than dwelling on it," she said defensively. 

"Havan!" Cory said loudly. She looked over at him, startled. "Maybe Cady doesn't want to do that, ok? You don't need to help her."

"Are you seriously taking her side?" Havan asked incredulously. 

I seriously wanted to slap her. I mean, I was his sister and she was surprised he was defending me? 

"I'm not taking a side," he groaned, rolling his eyes. "I'm just saying Cady doesn't do things like I do...and maybe you shouldn't tell her what to do."

I'll admit, I had still been sort of mad at him for blowing up at me the day before, but I couldn't be quite as mad after he defended me like that. 

"But you don't think I'm right?" she guessed, narrowing her eyes. 

"Not....really." He sighed. 

"Well, fine," Havan said quickly. She looked embarrassed but also kind of hurt. I couldn't exactly feel bad for her at the moment though. 

She stood up, shot Cory an oh-yes-I-am-definitely-mad-at-you look and stormed off in her bikini in the direction of the boardwalk. 

Cory groaned and looked over at me. 

"I'm sorry," he said to me quickly. "She didn't need to say that...ugh. She doesn't get it. Sorry."

I stared at him for a minute, making sure he was being serious and sincere. When I was sure he was I sighed and said, "Go after her."

He stood up. "Thanks. But...should I forgive her for acting like that?"

"Are you seriously asking me for advice?" I asked, eyeing him curiously. Because, me? Yeah, not the best person to guide you through something. 

He shook his head. "Right. What am I thinking?" He looked at Devon who had been sitting silently beside me. "Should I easily forgive her for that?"

"Um, I wouldn't," Devon said. 

"I need a reason," Cory said quickly. 

"Well," Devon explained. "She just insulted my best friend. And then stormed off and didn't apologize."

"Very good reasons," Cory complemented. "Thanks. Um..." He looked in between the two of us. "Why don't...you guys just stay out here and have some fun while I go talk to her?"

I never have really found sand and water all that fun, so I wasn't exactly sure why I would want to do that, but I just shrugged in a way that he took as an Ok. And I swear, after I shrugged, I think he winked at Devon. Which, um, weird. 

"Well," Devon said after Cory walked off. "That was...."

"Stupid," I mumbled. "I can talk about my mom however much I want."

"Right," he agreed. "So. Do you want to take a walk?"

I looked up at him. "Um, sure. What about all this stuff?" I gestured toward the food and blanket around us. 

"Havan's idea," Devon shrugged. "She can come back and get it." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Come on."

"Pushy," I said, smiling a little. I dropped his hand and grabbed my sunglasses from the towel and put them on top of my head. 

"Walkin'?" he asked. 

"Walking." I nodded and grabbed his hand. 

•*•*•*•

Corvan's P.O.V.

"Havan," I said, knocking on the door to her and Cady's room again. "Just let me in."

This time, thankfully, the door did open. 

"Finally," I said, slumping against the doorframe. 

"I'm guessing you're here to apologize," she said stoutly, crossing her arms and avoiding my eyes. 

"Uh," I replied. I looked at her slightly confused but also worriedly. "Not really."

She sent a sharp glare in my direction, frowning as she asked, "What? Why not?"

"Because." I recalled what Devon had said. The reasons. "You insulted my sister and you didn't apologize. She can talk about Mom however much she wants. Maybe that helps her. She seemed happy talking about her and now you've just pissed her off."

"So," she said flatly. "You're not going to apologize?"

"Maybe if you could tell me what I was apologizing for," I told her. 

She glared at me again. "Because!" she exploded. "I'm your girlfriend. Aren't you supposed to try and take my side or at least not embarrass me in front of them?"

"I don't take sides and you embarrassed yourself," I remarked, realizing she really wasn't acting like herself. Usually she wasn't so stuck-up and all I'm-so-right. But today...God help us all. 

"I was just saying what I thought," she grumbled. 

"Maybe you should have kept quiet," I suggested. 

"Ugh!" she screamed. She turned around and slammed the door. "Just get away!"

I leaned back against the other side of the door. 

"So are we in a fight?" I called. 

I heard her collapse on her bed. "Definitely!" she screamed. 

Oooh....crap. This is gonna be interesting. 

Soooo...evil side of havan. Mwuahaha. Lol tell me what you think :)

Luv,
Jamie

#134 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Anf I'm sorry it's kind of short...

#135 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Wow.

That whole situation sucked. Poor Cady! :icon_mecry2: It actually sounded like she was kind of happy, and then Havan had to go and ruin it...

I don't understand why she would think that Cory would take her side over his own sister's. Not everyone deals with grief in the same way.

Anyway, loved the chapter! :D

Update soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users