• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#46 BrieBear

BrieBear

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:35 AM

Anytime, seriously. I've been in your shoes, seriously. And I know exactly the feeling you have about your preface and those stories that won't leave you alone. For me, I had just one word that wouldn't shut up. "Saltwater" haha. Seems so lame, but it was the summer after my freshman year, and it played in my head like a broken record/popped into my head at random times. I couldn't sleep. I wrote piece after piece with it as my inspiration. Things that won't leave you alone are actually good. I've been through my dry spells. I didn't write my entire junior year. And then now is the first time I've written since December of 2008. So having a whole year where you don't write is normal, as far as where I'm sitting. And I've been writing since 4th grade.

I also didn't tell my parents I wrote until my freshman year of high school. It was a big deal for me, too. I had been publishing online and had a fanbase of a few thousand, toward the end. Ha, I answered FAN MAIL. It seems so lame now. But my parents made me take it off cause they were afraid someone would "rip off" my work. But if your dad is editing it, it means he's supportive :)

You remind me so much of me. I feel like I'm talking to my 13 year-old self right now.

So because of that, I'm gonna tell you what I wish someone had told me: You're a lot better than you think, so please don't stop writing. But don't be too hard on yourself.

I haven't finished a book since 4th grade haha. The only one I ever finished was the first one I ever wrote, so I almost don't count it. It was almost 100 pages, so not even a book. So don't worry about not finishing something. There are dozens of unfinished books on my computer, in my closet. I know you must think constantly about finishing or feel guilty about not finishing, or guilty about not writing. I did, and I do. And I should probably take my own advice when I say to focus on just sitting down and writing, and not thinking about the end or the "final chapter" until you get there.

#47 BrieBear

BrieBear

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:40 AM

HELL'S YEAH I MADE PAGE TWO.

#48 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:59 AM

Memories are crazy, huh? Sometimes there's just some dumb or pointless thing you can't get out of your head....but it must actually be important if you think about it so much, right? That's what I think. There's stupid things from when I was younger that I just hold onto because I think those memories are going to be really important at some point. Like my first memory? It's so dumb. I think I was four years old or something and my oldest brother came in my room and asked how come I always slept facing the door. I told him it was because monsters could come in the window. And you know what he said?? He said "Oh. Well they could come through the door, too, Jamie." Yeah, that's my oldest brother for you. Haha. (Sorry. That had nothing to do with anything really! Haha).

Knowing other people haven't told their parents or family was helpful for me to know. There's some topic about it in the About Writing section where people were saying they hadn't told their parents or even anyone. It's just nice knowing I'm not the only one. When I told my best friend (Cheyenne/ <3Cheese<3 actually) I'd emailed my dad the preface and he'd edited it, she told me that she bet I was about to become a "writer." Which basically means that I'm going to start telling people about my writing. But I'm still slightly skeptical. Like today, I was going somewhere with my mom and we'd stopped to get something to eat so she was on her phone checking her email. And apparently my preface somehow got mailed to her, and she just looked at me and said, "You wrote a story, Jamie?" Like it was amazing or something! Haha. She was definitely surprised.

Thank you so much about everything you've said....being better than I think. Even if I NEVER finish a story (really hope I do though haha) I think I'll always be a "writer" somehow. And I have to take back what I said about never finishing a book. When I was nine, I wrote a story about a girl who saw Santa. It was five sheets front and back on notebook paper, and at the time I considered that a book. So I still will for my nine year old self!! Haha.

You're the awesomemest at the moment (: Thank you.

Jamie

Ps: PAGE TWO WOOOOHOOOO! haha.

#49 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:10 AM

aww, I agree...that part about him playing with her hair was so cute :) and I loved the game! It made me laugh, especially Cady's question....LOL!

and Havan was really nice, not aksing her that (can you tell I really, really like Havan? ;) )

Rivea :icon_flower:

#50 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

Ohmygod!! That was so cute!! I loved it!! I like the ened where devon is playing with her hair!!! FRISSION!!! I love it!!!
:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

update!!!
:heartbeat: Cheyenne

Ah, yes frission!! Lol. Thank you soo much! Hair thing was my fav part, too. Hehe.

Luv
Jamie

#51 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

aww, I agree...that part about him playing with her hair was so cute :) and I loved the game! It made me laugh, especially Cady's question....LOL!

and Havan was really nice, not aksing her that (can you tell I really, really like Havan? ;) )

Thank you! That game IS FUN! haha. I play it some (: Havan is cool. I keep liking her more as I write (: She's funny.

Luv,
Jamie

#52 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

I've played that game before!
Haha, I played in period one last semester one time.
Me and a few people were really bored, so we just sat there and played it. Our teacher didn't even care.

The hair thing was adorable, loved the update. :heartbeat:
More soon please (:

#53 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

Aw! That chapter was so cute!

I love how they all interacted! And I definitely liked that you included her dad in the game. Haha I liked learning a little more about him, because he seems really nice. :)

Poor Cady! She just can't get away from those memories, can she? :( But I like that Havan tried to keep her from hearing that...

Devon and Cady are adorable! It's cute how everyone knows he likes her except for Cady (well, and her dad, but that's different).

Update soon!

:heartbeat: Sara

#54 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

Kylie: Yeah, that games fun! It's a good name to get to know someone, too! Thanks so much. Y'all really did like the hair thing! Haha. And if you liked that....you guys are really gonna like th beginning of the next one. ;) Haha.

Sara: Thanks! Yeah, I figured her dad needed to be! Havan would have wanted him to be (: Lol. I like talking about Devon and Cady. They're interesting (:

#55 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

UPDATE NOW CRAZY CHIC!!

#56 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

I'm just gonna update because I'm bored and have already written like the next five chapters. So, here yah go.
:spinstar:

Chapter Seven
Cady's P.O.V. 

I woke up with someones fingers moving slowly and soothingly through my hair that covered my face. My head was no longer on a pillow. It was on....Devon's lap. 

I didn't move or show any signs of being awake for two reasons. One, because I didn't want to make it too obvious. And two, I kind of, maybe, sort of....liked it? Yes, I know. I'm a bad girl. Thinking about my best friend in a very un-best friend sort of way. Oh, well. 

I heard them say something about Mcdonalds and I smiled a little. I could go for some chicken nuggets. 

I felt Devon's hand near my neck and his thumb against it, slowly moving against my cool skin—his warm. What in the world was he doing? Even if he thought I was asleep....still. 

But it felt good! Slow and warm....wow, getting turned on by a guys thumb? Man, that's bad.

"Wake Cady up," I heard Cory say. 

Devon's hand had jerked away when he'd said it— Cory had probably turned around. 

No! I thought. Come on, five more minutes of pretending to be asleep on my best friends lap who is suddenly appearing quite a bit more attractive than he used to. 

But then I felt him shaking my shoulder and heard him saying my name. I made a big deal about pretending to wake up, even groaning and pulling my pillow over my face. 

"Micky D's, Cad," Devon said, shaking my shoulder again. "You can get yourself some chicken nuggets."

I pulled the pillow off my face and looked up. His face was right above mine, and the light half blinded me when I opened my eyes. 

"Why am I on your lap?" I asked curiously, my voice thick. 

"You fell there while you slept?" he guessed. Yeah....sure.

"Oh." I slowly sat up and felt kind of dizzy as I did so. We rode for a few more minutes, me confused, untill we neared Mcdonalds. 

"Fooooood!" Havan said smiling, as we pulled into the fast food place.   

"Yay," I agreed, nodding and unbuckling my seatbelt.

We got out and stretched for a moment before going inside. The place was practically empty, except for the workers and what appeared to be a celebrating kids softball team and an ederly couple. 

We all ordered. I, myself, got a ten piece chicken nugget with a large fry, a Sprite, and an Oreo shake. Yes, I do have a high metabolism. Thank God. 

Everyone else got their food and we all sat down at a table and ate quickly for a few minutes before adding conversation to the meal. 

"Sleep good?" Cory asked me.  

"Very," I said, not thinking about the sleep I'd gotten at all, but what had happened after I'd woken up. 

Cory smiled a little bit, like maybe he knew something I didn't, and glanced at Devon who was looking down at his food. 

"So, only about an hour left to drive?" Havan asked Dad curiously, ignoring them. 

"Maybe less," Dad said, nodding and grabbing another fry. "We're making good time."

"Thank goodness," Cory said. "I'm taking a nap when we get there."

"No," Havan said, frowning at him. "Don't you want to take a walk on the beach or something? That's the first thing I usually do when I go to the beach with my family."

Cory groaned, but told her maybe and she smiled. I knew he would. He would do anything for Havan, it seemed like. 

I kind of wanted someone like that. Someone who would do whatever with me, even if it was sort of dumb. Someone who would hang out with me all day, just because they loved to spend time with me. I guess we ALL want someone like that, but you take what you get. 

And I had Devon. Sure, he wasn't like a boyfriend. I think we had too much history to ever change that. But sometimes I still thought....sometimes I don't know what I thought. Probably not much actually. 

But after Mom died in the crash, I chose him. I decided I only really needed one person to be important in my life, and Devon seemed like someone who would stick around and be the most reliable. I couldn't count on Cory—he was with Havan. And at the time Dad wasn't exactly acting dependable, but Devon was there at my door every day, taking me wherever I wanted to get away. 

"I'm gonna get a refill," Cory said, dragging me out of my thoughts. 

"Ooh, me too," Havan said, standing up along with him. 

See? They go everywhere together. 

•*•*•*•

Corvan's P.O.V

"Oh, my God!" Havan said, in a loud whisper, when we were at the drink machine. 

"What?" I asked curiously, getting more sweet tea. 

"I had no idea Devon liked Cady!" she said excitedly. 

"Really?" I asked surprised, glancing up at her. She looked good even after a few hours of sitting in a car. Real good. "I always thought it was kind of obvious."

"I never noticed," she admitted, refilling her own drink. "He hides it well."

"He was playing with her hair in the car while she was sleeping," I told her. "Is that still hiding it well?"

"For real?" Havan asked, leaning back against the wall and sipping her drink. "Gosh, I can't believe I didn't see it. But now that I think about it, she just might like him, too."

"Really," I said. 

I knew that she liked him more than anyone else probably, but I wasn't exactly sure if she actually felt like that about him. She certaintly spent enough time with him, they could easily start going out. 

"Yeah, I mean, she seems more happy around him." She shrugged. "You know what we should do?"

"What?"

"We should try and get them together," she said, smiling and nearly jumping up and down at the prospect of playing matchmaker. 

"I dunno have," I said, shaking my head doubtfully. "I mean, my mission is to make Cad open up. Not get her a boyfriend."

"It could just be a little added bonus," she said, pouting at my put down. "Promise me you'll atleast think about it, Cory?"

Maybe it was the way she said my name, seriously yet playful, that made me agree to giving it a shot.

We walked back to the table and sat down. They didn't seem to notice Havan's super smiley face or my amused one. 

When we left a few minutes later, we refilled all our drinks and got back in the truck. We all settled in for the next hour of driving. 

The whole rest of the way, I talked with Havan about whatever. Movies, music, school, or friends. Anything. We also might have eavesdropped a little bit whenever Cady and Devon occasionally spoke. They were mostly just looking on her laptop that was in her tote bag at stupid videos of Sailor Moon unabridged, or something. Laughing every once in a while. Nothing that showed a real foundation for a relationship there, except for the fact they were both nerds, sort of. 

When we arrived, it was weird. I felt like I should hear Mom's voice any minute, telling us to immeadiatly unpack and then we could go play. 

But we didn't. But we were still older, so the first thing we did when we pulled into the ocean front beach house (no, we are not that rich. But my dad's grandparents were, and we inherited the place from them) was unload the truck.

The place was how I remembered. Blue and white, tall and narrow, parking and an outdoor shower and storage area outside. On the inside, when we dragged the bags upstairs and dad found the key, it was how I remembered as well. Three bedrooms, two baths, kitchen, family and dining area. Two floors.

We'd discussed the sleeping arrangements earlier. Dad would be sleeping in the room downstairs he and Mom always used to, that had the attached bath. Havan and Cady would share the room with the two twin beds that Cad and I always stayed in when we were younger. Then Devon and me were in the room with a twin and a pull out sofa that sometimes our cousins would stay in if they came. 

That also meant the four of us would be sharing a bathroom. Which should be interesting. 

After we all threw our bags in our rooms, we all sort of gathered in the living area.

"So..." I said, glancing around at everyone. "We're here."

They all nodded in agreement. 

"I think I'll unpack," Dad said. 

"I think I'll take a nap," Cady said. 

"Me, too." Devon nodded. 

I looked at Havan, to see if she wanted to maybe take a nap instead of go down to the beach for a walk, but one glance at her puppy dog face revealed she still wanted to go down there. 

I sighed. "Let's go."

She squealed and I proceeded to take a walk with my demanding and amazingly beautiful girlfriend.
:)

Tell me what you think please.

Luv
Jamie

#57 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

Aw, this is adorable!!! :hyper:

Cady and Devon need to get together already! Yay for Havan's plan! :D

Their beach house sounds awesome! I bet they'll have fun!

Update soon!

#58 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

Ohmygosh!! Devon so loves Cady! They have to get together!!! Please please please!! It would complete me!

Update ASAP

#59 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

Awwee, I love how mush Cory loves Haven.
It's the cutest thing :heartbeat:

Feel free to post all those chapters. Like, right now. :D

#60 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

Sara: Haha thanks. We'll see how Havan's plan works out :) And I like the beach house, too. Sort of based off one I've been to.

Cheyenne: Hehe. Thank youz!!! Hmm, complete you, eh? Wow, we'll see then. Haha.

Kylie: Thanks!! I like Havan/Cory stuff!! Hehe. And I'll post the chapters sooon-ish. Lol I just feel like I update too often.

#61 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

awww, Cory and Havan are sooooo cute! :heartbeat:

I'm beginning to like Cady more now, she's not being as antagonistic! and I agree, DEVON is soooo cute...he shoudl just kiss her! I bet she'll kiss him back. And then try to tell him that it was a mistake and all..but we'll see ;)

update soon

#62 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

Rivea: Hahaha. Thanks! Writing about Havan and Cory's fun. :) And yay you're liking Cady more. Lol. We'll see about that Devon and Cady thing I guess.......hmm I dunno. Lol.

#63 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

I'm bored. I shall now update. Again. Grrrr.

Chapter Eight
Cady's P.O.V. 

"Do you remember me?" she whispered, her voice soft and so calming. I remembered the voice....but it seemed so long ago. 

"Of course I do," I told her, my voice sounded ragged compared to hers.  

"Look around you," the voice whispered. 

I did. I was outside, the sky clouding like it was going to rain. An empty field, with butterflies fluttering around, beautiful flowers covering the dry grounds. They wanted it to rain. The butterflies didn't. I didn't know how I knew.  

"Find me," the voice whispered again. 

I turned around in the field in circles, slowly waiting for anyone to come into view. 

Then I saw her. Amongst all the flowers and butterflies, standing only a few feet away from me. 

"Mom?" I whispered. 

My voice was unsure. She didn't look like she had the last time I'd seen her. I had expected her to have scratches and broken bones and bruises all over her body, from the crash. But she looked flawless. Like she always had been. 

She didn't nod or give me any conformation that she was Mom, but I knew she was. Her eyes, green, and her hair, exactly like mine, proved it. Or maybe her smile. Yes, she was smiling. She looked HAPPY. How could she be happy? She was dead. 

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, my voice low. 

"Why not?" she asked, still smiling in a way that made me feel uncomfortable. 

"You're....you're dead," I said in a hoarse voice. "You can't be happy."

"Why can't I be?" she whispered.  

"I...I'm not with you," I responded, uncertaintly. 

"But you can be happy without me, Cady," she told me, stepping back. 

"No," I said, stepping forward and reaching for her hand. She didn't let me  touch her. "I don't want to be."

"You have to be," she told me softly, looking up at the sky. She glanced back at me. "I have to go."

"No!" I screamed, reaching out to grab her. But she was already gone. 

If only took a moment for the rain to start pouring, to drench me. I looked around and the butterflies were gone. Where did butterflies go when it rained anyway?

I sank to the ground, buring my head into my knees and waited to wake up. 

When I woke up, I wasn't crying. I wasn't shaking or doing anything dramatic. I never was. Whenever I dreamed of Mom, I woke up normal, with only the memory and none of the pain. 

Although, memory was pain sometimes. 

I stole a glance at the unfamiliar clock next to my bed and saw it was nearly nine thirty at night. I considered just waiting untill I fell asleep, then get up the next morning, but I heard voices and laughter downstairs and suddenly didn't feel like being alone. 

I stood up and looked down at my shorts and tshirt that'd I'd had on all day. I decided I wasn't trying to impress any of these people, so I simply tied my hair up in a messy ponytail and opened my door. 

The top floor opened up after the hallway to a little sitting area that looked out over the kitchen and living room below. I stood next to the railing for a moment and watched all of them talking, sitting around on the couches. 

Devon glanced up and saw me and I gave a half smile. He smiled back a lot bigger and nodded his head, indicating he wanted me to come down. 

I walked slowly down the steps untill I got to the bottom, and then took a seat silently on the arm rest of the recliner Devon was in. 

"Sleep good?" Dad asked, smiling. 

I nodded and said, "Very." I looked at Devon. "You sleep at all?"

"For a little while," he said, grinning. "Not quite as long as you."

"I was sleepy." I shrugged, leaning against the chair. 

"You slept on the way here," Cory reminded me. 

I rolled my eyes. I liked sleep. Was there something wrong with that?

"The walk on beach was great," Havan informed me, smiling. "We walked, for like, an hour. It was so nice. But it started getting dark so we came in."

I nodded and gave my best smile to let her know I though that that was just terrific. 

"So what do you say," Devon said. "We go to bed now, and get up real early and make a full day of it on the beach?"

"Yeah!" Havan said excitedly. 

"Works for me," Cory said, glancing over at me. "What about you, Cad?"

"That....." I looked between them all. "That sounds great."

Surprised faces filled the room while I looked towards Dad and asked, "So, what are you going to do tomorrow?"

"Actually," he said, clearing his throat. "I have an old friend that I learned moved down here recently, so I might go see them."

"That's nice," I said with a smile. And it was. Dad might have needed to have fun more than I did. 

"Well," Cory said, grinning. "Let's all go to bed and plan to get up at....say, eight?"

I nearly groaned at the thought, but saw everyone else just nodding, so I did as well. 

Then, they all went to bed and I layed in bed, having just gotten out of bed. 

I figured out two things while I was trying to sleep. One was, making an effort not to get annoyed on this trip might not be so easy. Two was, Havan Renoylds snores.

Loudly. 

•*•*•*•

Corvan's P.O.V.

"Right here looks like a good spot," I said, laying my towel down. 

The sun already felt burning hot as it beat down on the four of us. I looked around at everyone as they settled down on the sand.

Havan looked, in one word, hot. She had pranced around half the morning while we ate breakfast in just her little pink bikini. She had her fancy sunglasses covering her eyes and a towel sprawled out over the sand with a bottle of water and suntan lotion next to her, along with a magazine she claimed was for if we "got boring."

Devon was looking sort of too relaxed in his trunks, slapping a towel messily on the ground and collapsing on it without putting any sunscreen on. 

Cady had on a black bikini underneath her tank top and her aviators. She had two books and a towel with her that she looked hesitant to even put on the ground. 

Once we were all settled though, we just sort of relaxed. Cady read quietly while Devon talked to her—or maybe himself, I couldn't really tell. Havan tanned and talked to me about whatever while I looked at her. Because, hey, she couldn't see where I was looking with her eyes closed. 

The morning turned into afternoon and I was about to die of heatstroke it felt like. But by that time, Cady was far too gone into her book to move and Havan had half fallen asleep. Devon had gone and jumped in the water a few times like me to cool off, I don't know how the girls stood it. 

Around late afternoon they finally allowed us to go back in. Havan woke up and Cady closed her book, looked at everyone and said, "That was the stupidest book I've ever read in my life."

And with that, we gracefully exited the sand and walked the five minute walk back to the beach house. 

When we arrived, Dad was sitting on the couch watching the Discovery channel. Turns out it's shark week on that channel. How ironic. The week we're at the beach.... 

Two hours later, we were all sitting, addicted to the constant shark shows, in front of the television.

"Oh, God!" Havan said, looking in horror at the screen as the guy with one arm explained how sometimes sharks mistake the undersides of surfboards as dolphins or something. 

"He lost his arm....?" Cady asked, staring the same way Havan was at the television. 

"Look at him compared to the guy who lost both his legs though!" Devon said. "He's lucky. The other guy also is like, mentally confused now just about life. Apparently, he can't even function."

We continued watching for a while untill Dad switched it off. He told us to get ready and we could go out to eat. After we all took turns taking quick showers, except for Havan who is incapable of taking a shower in less than thirty minutes, and finished getting ready, Dad took us out for an amazing seafood dinner. But isn't all seafood at the beach good?

We ate like pigs then even got icecream afterwards. When we returned back to the house, stuffed, we watched two episodes of Seinfield then retreated to bed. While I layed there, on the pull out sofa, all I could think about was how great the day had gone compared to how it could have. 

We had gotten to hang on the beach. Watch T.V. and eat an awesome dinner. While at the same time, my sister acted half way normal. Which is progress. 

These next three weeks could turn out to be great....

Or not.  

Tell me what you think pleaZe!!
Luv,
Jamie

#64 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hey Jamie!! :mgwave: LOVED the update!!
HAHA. Her dream was intense, man!! Where do butterflies go when it rains?? Good question!!
There day sounded fun. Wish i could have been there!!
HAHAHAHAH. Havan snoress!! lol.
Shark show sounded scary *shivers*
how do we girls stand that heat??
ooooooo dont know what else to say..... :a_smil08:

UPDATE ASAP
:hyper: Cheyenne

#65 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

What an awesome chapter!

Poor Cady, dreaming of her mom like that. At least it kind of made her feel better. I think. :(

Hahaha Havan snores! That sucks! Ugh. Cady should probably invest in earplugs...

Cory is sooo funny! And it's really sweet that he's still trying to help Cady. Most people would've given up a long time ago.

Update soon!

#66 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:14 AM

Great update! Iloved so many lines (like the about sleep - I couldn't agree more, the last line and others!)

Yes, CADY is making progress...I'm so happy!!!!!!

But I'm not so happy about the fact that it's not going to STAY great....*sigh* But that's a story a guess ;)

#67 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Don't feel bad about updating too often!
I'm very sure that none of us mind. At all. :D

Cute chapter, the dream was sad though.
Update soon! :heartbeat:

#68 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

Cheyenne: haha. Thank you. I like her dream, too. I always wondered where butterflies go when it rains......

Sara: Hahaha. Thanks. She probably should get some earplugs! Lol.

Rivea: Hehe. Thank you bunches :) Yeah, she's making progress....we'll see of she keeps it though.

Kylie: Haha. I know I don't feel bad about it. But eventually the updates will come less regularly so I'll feel bad then for posting so many now. And thanks!!

#69 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

Hello everyone. No, this isn't an update. Sorry.

But I need you're help! Or someones help.
See, I am extreamly tired at the moment. It is nearly 4 AM here. Recently I have NOT been able to fall asleep untill realllly late and my sleeping schedule is all wack. So, this may sound dumb, but do any of you have tips that help you fall asleep faster? Because, if so, I SOOOOO need them desperately.
I love you if you can help me :) Seriously, anything you've got. Just tell me!!

Luv,
The One Who Can't Sleep

#70 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:04 AM

I know how you feel! I've always had a hard time falling asleep...

I always just listen to slow songs. Especially Lady Antebellum. Their song Can't Take My Eyes Off You pretty much always works. That usually helps if I try not to think too much. Unfortunately, that's almost impossible some days...

Hope that helped!

#71 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

I know how you feel! I've always had a hard time falling asleep...

I always just listen to slow songs. Especially Lady Antebellum. Their song Can't Take My Eyes Off You pretty much always works. That usually helps if I try not to think too much. Unfortunately, that's almost impossible some days...

Hope that helped!

Thanks :) I used to listen to music all the time before I went to sleep....I don't know why I haven't done it recently. Anf I love lady anetebellum! Haha. So thanks you :)

Luv
Jamie

#72 tribalfunk

tribalfunk

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hello everyone. No, this isn't an update. Sorry.

But I need you're help! Or someones help.
See, I am extreamly tired at the moment. It is nearly 4 AM here. Recently I have NOT been able to fall asleep untill realllly late and my sleeping schedule is all wack. So, this may sound dumb, but do any of you have tips that help you fall asleep faster? Because, if so, I SOOOOO need them desperately.
I love you if you can help me :) Seriously, anything you've got. Just tell me!!

Luv,
The One Who Can't Sleep

oh well...you aren't alone. i haven't slept at all the past 4 months :blink: ...i m currently trying out my dad's advice...early 2 bed early 2 rise...failed so far...might just work for you :) m hoping so atleast because then we could have an awesome update if our author gets her beauty sleep :a_smil08:

#73 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

Jamie, when I can't sleep I either a) remove something from my bed that is annoying or B) go somewhere else to sleep. Like maybe your couch or another bed that isn't being used. Change what you sleep on. I haven't been sleeping good lately either, so I untuck the comforter from the end of my bed so my feet can hang out. It really works'
Update soon!

#74 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

I read every night before I go to bed. It's relaxing.

#75 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

Jamie, when I can't sleep I either a) remove something from my bed that is annoying or B) go somewhere else to sleep. Like maybe your couch or another bed that isn't being used. Change what you sleep on. I haven't been sleeping good lately either, so I untuck the comforter from the end of my bed so my feet can hang out. It really works'
Update soon!

Cheyenne, fairly good idea. Plenty of beds in my house :) lol. Thank you.

I read every night before I go to bed. It's relaxing.

Haha. When I read before I go to bed I can't stop. Lol :) thanks.

#76 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

oh well...you aren't alone. i haven't slept at all the past 4 months :blink: ...i m currently trying out my dad's advice...early 2 bed early 2 rise...failed so far...might just work for you :) m hoping so atleast because then we could have an awesome update if our author gets her beauty sleep :a_smil08:

Haha. I can't go to bed early :) I try and TRY! And fail and fail. Haha. Thank you though. And I'll update tonight.

Luv
Jamie

#77 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Ah, thank you for all your sleeping suggestions. I shall try them tonight. :) But foe now, here's an update. This ones not quite as long as the others. But it's cute I think and the next ones REALLY long. At least for me. So, here ya go.

Chapter Nine
Cady's P.O.V.

The next two days went by exactly like the first, except we didn't stay out on the beach quite as long and Dad came sometimes. 

It's not like I was having a bad time, it was actually pretty decent, but it was just sort of boring. 

I think that everyone was feeling the way I was, since on the fourth day Cory and Devon had decided we were going to do something else. 

They barged into me and Havan's room at ten when we were waking up, already dressed. 

"We need to do something different!" Devon said, jumping onto my bed and pulling the covers off of me. 

"You could have knocked!" Havan exploded, hopping out of bed and hitting Cory on the shoulder. 

"Why don't we....." I began, staring up at the ceiling, "Go mini golfing."

There was a moment of silence then a, "Yeah!" from everyone. 

"Good idea," Havan said, walking over to her dresser and looking in the drawers for something to wear. "I'm sick of sitting in the sun."

"Exactly," Devon said. Then he glanced at me and must have noticed what I was wearing. 

"You're not wearing any pants," he stated, looking up at the ceiling. 

I sleep in an over sized t-shirt, ok? It's not like I need any pajama pants.

"You can't see anything," I told him, rolling my eyes. 

"Ah, but still." He stood up. "Just be ready in a few minutes."

He and Cory walked out and Havan smiled at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Devon," she said simply. "You guys are so cute together."

I looked at her like she was crazy while I said, "Uh, Havan. He's like my best friend."

She shrugged, still smiling. "Y'all would make a cute couple."

I looked at her, smiling, just because the idea was so out there. 

"Yeah, I don't think so," I said, walking over to my dresser and pulling one of the doors open. I grabbed a pair of short jean shorts since I knew it'd be hot mini golfing and a red cami to go under a white tank top that had to be worn with something under it since it was sort of see through. 

"I think you should think about it," Havan went on as I stepped into the bathroom that connected our bedroom to the boys. "I mean, Devon likes you. A lot."

I should have just closed the door and went inside. But I was sort of curious. 

"What makes you think that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes a little. 

"Well," she said, pushing her hair out of her face. "It's like so obvious. Did you know that when you were sleeping on the way down here, that he was playing with your hair?"

I blushed. Big team. Just thinking about how good his fingers had felt when they slid down to my neck.....

"And," she continued. "He only hangs out with you. At school, out of school, he pretty much could hang out with anyone since he's hot and nice. But he chose you."

"He's my best friend," I said, starting to back into the bathroom more. "That's all."

She looked at me skeptically. "Maybe," she said, with a shrug. "But Cory's my best friend....."

"He's your boyfriend," I said confused. 

"He's both," she said with a shrug. "Devon could be both to you."

I shook my head. "No. Not really."

And then I shut the bathroom door and proceeded to forget about that conversation. 

Didn't work. 

•*•*•*•

Corvan's P.O.V

Devon and me walked back into our room and he leaned back onto his bed and sighed. 

"Dude," I laughed. "Just ask her out or kiss her or something. This is getting bad."

He lifted his head for a moment to glare at me before flopping it back down on his pillow. 

"I do not like Cady Troms. I do not like Cady Troms," he started to repeat while I laughed at him. 

We'd really never had a converstaion about this, so I was surprised I didn't find it more ackward as I said, "Why didn't you ever ask her out?"

He sighed tiredly and looked up at me. "I don't like her," he said firmly, giving me a look that indicated he SO did like her and just wasn't going to admit it. 

"Ok," I said, leaning back against the wall next to his bed. "So you don't like her." He gave a half nodd. "But let's 'pretend' you do."

Devon took another breath and then glanced to the ceiling and then me. "Ok. We can pretend."

"Ok," I said, getting that excited feeling that Havan has that's rubbed off on me. "Why, liking Cady, would you not ask her out?"

"Because," he said with a shrug. "I don't wanna screw our friendship. And she's not ready for anything like that anyway."

"Like what?" I asked, honestly confused. 

"A relationship," he said simply. "A serious one. Which is what I want.....hypothetically. She's too....fragile. She can barely handle a friendship. How's she supposed to take on being someones boyfriend?"

I thought about it for a moment. Cady was careful and worried about everything now. But I hadn't ever really thought that she couldn't HANDLE a relationship. More like, she just might not want one. 

"You could just take it slow," I suggested to Devon. "Ease her into the idea?"

He shook his head and pushed off the bed, sighing and running a hand through his hair after he stood up. 

"Too much history," he said, still shaking his head. "It could never happen."

He left the room before I could tell him that was just complete BS. I mean, you can't say you have too much history. Having a history with someone can only make that relationship stronger. Not damage it, no matter what in the world happens. 

Tell me what you think please.

Luv
Jamie

#78 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

So cute :heartbeat:
hehe, Devon wants her so bad, I love it.

Update soon!

#79 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

Aw, that was adorable! :love7:

Poor Devon! He doesn't think he has a chance of being Cady's boyfriend... :(

I love Havan!!! :hyper: At least Cady's starting to think of him in a romantic way. That's a step in the right direction.

I can't wait for more! Update soon!

#80 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

Luvvvved it!!
Beautiful as always!
She wasn't wearing pants!!
i do that all the time!
Not wear pants,
i meant!!
update
ASAP
:mgwave:

#81 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

Luvvvved it!!
Beautiful as always!
i do that all the time!
Not wear pants,
i meant!!
update
ASAP

P.S. I. Hate. You. Jamie. ;)

#82 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:50 PM

So cute :heartbeat:
hehe, Devon wants her so bad, I love it.

Update soon!

Thank you :) Yeah, the boys got it bad. Haha. You can tell.

Aw, that was adorable! :love7:

Poor Devon! He doesn't think he has a chance of being Cady's boyfriend... :(

I love Havan!!! :hyper: At least Cady's starting to think of him in a romantic way. That's a step in the right direction.

I can't wait for more! Update soon!

Thank you soooo much! Yeah, I feel ba for Devon myself even :) Haha. Havan's cool. She's fun to write about.

Luvvvved it!!
Beautiful as always!
i do that all the time!
Not wear pants,
i meant!!
update
ASAP

Cheyenne....er, thank you....but Hun, that's STRANGE! haha. Just kidding. I do that too. :)

P.S. I. Hate. You. Jamie. ;)

The feeling is mutual.

#83 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:17 AM

Didn't work. 

LOOOOL!

great update! Love how Havan and Cory are both getting to work on their plan...:)

Edited by Allthingsstellar, 29 June 2010 - 08:17 AM.

#84 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

LOOOOL!

great update! Love how Havan and Cory are both getting to work on their plan...:)

Haha. Thanks I liked that line too. :) And yes! Their plan is in action! Lol.

I would like to inform everyone that although this does not sound impressive, I fell asleep at 1:30!! Haha. That's sooner than I have been falling asleep, so at least it's an improvement!

Luv
Jamie

Edited by Jcrazy, 29 June 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#85 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

Heyyyya lovely people! Yes, you're all lovely :) Hehe. So I got an update here. It's ALLL Cady's POV an the next one 'll be all Cory's. So....without further delay.....an update.

Chapter Ten
Cady's P.O.V. 

"And a hole in one!" Devon said again as my golf ball went in. 

"Shut up," I said, lifting my putter and visually telling him if he kept saying that everytime I got a hole in one, I was going to wack him upside the head. 

We'd left to go mini golfing about an hour before since Dad was just staying in for the day, since he'd gotten sunburned the day before and didn't really feel like doing much other then hanging at the house. 

I was beating everyone, but it's just because none of them really ever played, and when I was little and we came to the beach, Mom would take me mini golfing while Dad and Cory went fishing. 

The course was small and the only one they even had at Sunset Beach. It was a little exclusive-like beach anyway, so it was understandable. 

The place had a gravel parking lot and a little bar/kick butt icecream place/where you pick up your putter and golf ball, wooden—almost cabin like—place that was next to it. We planned on getting icecream when we finihed golfing since it was so freaking hot. 

"Ok," I said, pointing at Havan. "Just go so we can go in."

Her last shot—the last shot—took five shots to make it in. 

When she finally did though, we looked at the scores as we walked back towards the place. 

I had come in first, then Cory and Devon had almost tied, with Cory coming out just above him. And then Havan in last. 

"Mini golfings just stupid," she was saying as we pushed open the doors, holding our putters. "Never again."

"Babe," Cory said, shaking his head. "You're just mad 'cause you lost."

She glared at him as we walked up to the counter. 

"Done playing?" the guy working asked. He was about seventeen with short brown hair and hazel eyes that widened when walked up. Probably because we had been the only people golfing and the only people in the place now.  

We nodded and he took back the putters, sitting them under the counter. 

"Icecream?" he asked.

We all nodded and he proceeded to tell us the flavors and then we ordered. I got some mixture of like half the flavors piled together. Everyone else just got a normal small icecream. 

After we all paid, we took a seat at the side of the counter, where it curved off into a bar type area, but really all they served was icecream and sodas. 

"So," Havan said, sitting her spoon down. "We need to, like, go out to a club. Or something fun."

"This was supposed to be fun," I reminded her. 

"But it wasn't," she grumbled. 

"And this is Sunset beach," Cory said. "There's no nightlife around this place."

I saw the guy behind the counter glance up, and he looked like he wanted to say something, but decided against it.            

Devon reached over with his spoon and tried to casually take a bite of my colossal icecream pile. But, of course, I was not about to allow him to do such a thing. 

"Back off!" I cried, swatting his hand away. "You have your own!"

"And you have a monsterly, huge, beastly tower of icecream!" he pointed out defensively, reaching back over towards my icecream. 

"Excuse me!" I said, hopping up and stepping back away from him. "Mine!"

"You sound like a baby," he said, rolling his eyes annoyed, yet he was smiling. I didn't find the situation quite as amusing as he apparently did, but watching his lips creep into a slow smile did put me in more of a humorous mood. 

"You sound like a fat kid," I retorted, putting my free hand on my hip. 

"Gimme the icecream, Cady," he said slowly, stepping towards me dramatically. 

Behind him I could see Havan and Cory watching with amused expressions and something else, almost a know-it-all look. I also noticed the guy working there was paying just as much attention. And looking just as pleasantly entertained. 

While I was too busy noticing the people behind him, Devon reached forward and snaked the icecream out of my hand. 

"Hey!" I shrieked, as he turned around and started sprinting off to the other side of the room. 

I chased after him, but he ran toward the mens restroom sign. After he pushed the door open, just as I was about to catch him, I watched the door swing close. I stepped up to it and was just going to push it open to see where he was, not go in there. 

But apparently, the guy behind the counter thought I was actually going to go in since I heard him call to me, "Dude!"

I turned around, with my hand on the door, and looked at him.  

"You're not a dude!" he said, smiling yet pretending to be shocked. 

I laughed, then pushed the door open a little and started to look in. But then Devon threw the door open on his own and stepped out quickly with a disgusted expression on his face. He looked like he wanted to throw up. 

"What?" I asked. 

"That," he said, looking down at the icecream as he thrusted it towards me. "Was the worst thing I have ever tasted in my entire life!"

I laughed. "It couldn't have been that bad," I disagreed, shaking my head. 

"Oh, it was," he said, his eyes wide like he was telling a horror story, not a bad icecream story. "Actually, I take back the whole worst thing in my entire life thing. That was the worst thing I have eaten in this life, and any of my past lives if reincarnation exist—which I think it does. And also, it will be worse than anything I'll eat in my upcoming lives."

"Dude," I said, shaking my head. "Get a grip. It has mint chocolate chip in it. That's why you don't like it."

He hates mint chocolate chip. With a passion. I don't know why. Because it's really good in my opinion.  

"How...dare....you," he said, narrowing his chocolate (yum) colored eyes at me and pretending to look disgusted and dissapointed in me. 

I laughed again, and it almost sounded foreign to my ears, since I sounded TRUELY happy. It wasn't forced at all, because it had been one of the most hillarious things that'd happened on this beach trip. 

I looked down at the icecream I was now holding as Devon and me walked back to our seats at the bar. I started thinking about where it'd just been taken.....and promptly threw it in the trash can. Because, ew, bathroom? I don't think so. 

Gosh, I'm sounding like Havan. 

"What'd you do that for?" Cory asked, as I sat back down. 

"He took it in the bathroom!" Havan said, like it was obvious. "You don't eat thing that have been near toilets, Cor. Commen sence."

He rolled his eyes and then said "ow" a moment later when Havan kicked him under the table. Devon went back to his icecream, and so did they. While I sat, eating nothing. 

It was a sad moment for me. I'm food obsessed, you see. And watching other people eat deliciousness while I eat nothing? It's like a nightmare. 

I was sitting there, circling my thumbs around one another, when I saw a icecream—that looked near identical to the one I'd just had—sit down in front of me. 

I looked up at the guy behind the counter who sat it down, surprised. 

"On the house," he said, when I opened my mouth to ask how much. 

He smiled at me while I sat, looking between the icecream and him shocked. No one ever just does random acts of kindness anymore. I mean, this is the twenty first century. Rudeness is at an all time high. And on the rise. 

"Thank you," I said finally, looking up at him. "Really, thanks. That's...amazingly nice of you."

He shrugged. "No problem." He stuck his hand out. "I'm Joey. But you can call me Bob if you prefer."

I reached for his hand then stopped. "You sure you wanna shake my hand?" I asked. "After touching the bathroom icecream....?"

He shrugged again, smiling a little. "I'll take the risk."

I shook his hand, smiling, and could feel Cory and Devon and Havan's gazes on me as I said, "I'm Cady, you can call me Cady."

"Cady...." he said, looking like he was thinking about the name. "Interesting name. How'd you get it?"

I was aware of them all still watching, but I proceeded to tell him. 

"My mom's name was Carla, and she had three sisters," I said. "Their named were Abbigal, Debbie, and Yvonne. So....she took the first letter of each of their names and...tada. Me."

He smiled. "That's cool. See, Joey's such a common name," he said. "That's why I go by Bob now."

Even if he was called Bob, I could already tell I wouldn't be able to think of him as a Bob. 

"Isn't Bob more common?" Cory asked, leaning closer towards us. 

"Well, yeah," Joey said. "But....it's a weird story. Kind of silly."

"Do tell then," Havan said, scooting closer. Devon stayed where he was. 

"Well," he said with a sigh. "When I was in the fourth grade, there were like three other Joey's just in my class. And, as you could imagine, I got pretty tired of thinking everyone was talking to me. Especially because one of the Joey's was really smart, so whenever she would praise Joey, I would always hold out hope untill the end that she was talking about me, untill of course she gestured to Joey Kamen. The smart one. And then another Joey was a trouble maker. Always acting up." He grinned. "So whenever the teacher would yell the name Joey, who knew which one she was talking to? It was Joey Daniels, of course. The bad one. And then there was the other Joey. The one with the Mohawk. I hated people screaming about how cool Joey Mathews hair was, and sometimes I thought maybe I was having a really good hair day and they were talking about me. So one day, when I thought I'd gotten praised, yelled at, and complemented in the same day, and it turned out to be none, I just stood up in the middle of the class and screamed 'Call me Bob!' And the name stuck. But you can call me Joey. Some people do. Some people don't. Some people alternate."

"Wow," Havan said, nodding and looking down at her melting icecream. "That was one hell of a story."

"Really," Cory said. He sighed. "Well, I'm Corvan Troms. But call me Cory." He pointed at me. "She's my sister. My twin sister."

"I see the resemblance," he replied. 

"And this is my girlfriend Havan," he said, pointing a finger at her. "And that." He gestured to Devon. "Is Cady's BFF Devon."

"BFF?" Devon asked incredulously. "Are we eight?"

"You all," Joey said, pointing at us. "Have awesome names."

"I never found names all that special," Devon said, pushing his actual icecream, now finished, away. "I mean, it's not like you're the one who actually gets to chose it, so it doesn't define anything about you really."

"True," Joey admitted with a shrug. "But it's always interesting to see how people got their names." He looked at Corvan. "How'd you get yours?"

"My parents knew someone when they were in college that they were friends with that died," he explained. "They named me after him."

"See," Joey said, smiling. I could tell I liked this guy. "That is interesting. A cool name. My parents just happened to like the name Joey, so they chose it."

"I got my name," Havan said. "because when my mom went into labor she was watching the weather, and apparently, the weather girls name was Havan." She rolled her eyes. "It's kind of silly."

"But it's a story," Joey pointed out. He looked at Devon. "What about you?"

I actually didn't know how Devon came to be Devon so I listened as he explained. 

"Well, my dad spent a few years in the navy after highschool.....and he met a guy named Devon who died out there," he said. "Said he was awesome guy and he wanted his son to be awesome, so he named me that."

"Must have been a real dissapointment when he got you then," I said, pretending to be serious. But I couldn't help but smile. 

Devon rolled his eyes and elbowed me in the shoulder. 

"All of you!" Joey said, amazed. "Cool names with a purpose! Do you know how cool that is?"

"Not very," I said. Although, I did sort of see what he meant. It was nice to have a meaning. 

I looked down at the icecream I'd been taking frequent bites from and decided it was even too much for me to handle. 

"Does anyone want any of this?" I asked, glancing at Havan, Cory, and Devon. "I'm full."

They all shook their heads and, I don't know why, but I looked at Joey and asked, "Do you? Even if that's disgusting?"

He looked at it for a second, then me, then shrugged and took it. 

"You don't look like someone with a life threatning contagious disease," he said, taking out the spoon. "But just in case....I think I'll get a new spoon."

I sort of wondered what was going on as the next few minutes went by and all of us continued to talk to Joey. It was fun....and weird. But in a good way almost. I felt like he was one of those people you instantly felt comfortable with. And there weren't many of those kinds of people, I'd learned.

I didn't really learn anything about him, since all we did was talk about icecream and how maybe, even in mini golfing, people should wear polo shirts and then it might could be considered a professional sport. 

But then we decided it was time to go, since Dad was probably wondering how long it took to play a little kids game, and started to stand up. 

"You know," Joey said, as we threw away the icecream cups. "You guys said you were looking for some nightlife, right?"

"Right...." Havan said, looking back at him carefully. Not getting too excited just yet. "You know of a place or something?"

"Well," he said. "Not really nightlife. But my buddies and me are down here all summer in my parents beach house. And we've got a pool and a pingpong table. So you guys can stop by if you want."

"Where do you live?" Havan asked eagerly, hurrying up to the counter. 

He gave her an address and his cell number, and she scribbled it down on a napkin, while the rest of us stood around, waiting for her to get her excuse to get us out of the house tonight.  

"Thank you," she cried. "This means more than you can imagine to me."

"Whoa, it's no big deal," Joey said, slightly surprised. "We just get sorda bored, too."

"We'll stop by later," Havan promised, as we stepped toward the door.  

Really? Did that REALLY just happen? 

I didn't even know if that was bad or good to be honest. It was just...weird. Talking to someone. Who wasn't half bad. 

"Well," Devon sighed, as Cory started the truck a minute later. "That was.....interesting."

You said it, man. 

Hope ya liked it. Tell me whatever you're thinking :)

Luv
Jamie

#86 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

Haha Joey/Bob is hilarious. Wow. Haha I'm sorry but that...you know why I'm laughing.

Cary is rather good at putting.

Update soon!

#87 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

Awesome chapter!

Wow. Haha Bob is kind of a random nickname for someone named Joey... :)

He seems like a pretty cool guy, though. :D

Update soon!

#88 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hmmm, Joey seems very into Cady..
Hopefully Devon is jealous, maybe he'll man up and make a move!

Awesome update, it was funny :D
More soon! :heartbeat:

#89 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

oooh....and so enters the man-who-will-make-Devon jealous (or I hope so anyway)

update!!!

#90 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Haha Joey/Bob is hilarious. Wow. Haha I'm sorry but that...you know why I'm laughing.

Cary is rather good at putting.

Update soon!

I love Joey :) He's cool. Yeah she's wicked at putting!! Lol. Thanks!

Awesome chapter!

Wow. Haha Bob is kind of a random nickname for someone named Joey... :)

He seems like a pretty cool guy, though. :D

Update soon!

I know it's a very random nickname.....but the whole thing about there being a bunch of Joey's and him telling everyone to call him Bob is actually completely true. My bros friends name is Joey and he actually did that. Lol. Thanks.

Hmmm, Joey seems very into Cady..
Hopefully Devon is jealous, maybe he'll man up and make a move!

Awesome update, it was funny :D
More soon! :heartbeat:

Lol. You'll figure out a lot about Joey eventually....hehe. Thanks.

oooh....and so enters the man-who-will-make-Devon jealous (or I hope so anyway)

update!!!

Haha. Maybe.....we'll see. Hehe. Thanks so much :)

Luv
Jamie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users