• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#46 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hmm, I'll think about it. I mean, my last story this guy called the main character one name and others called her differently and my editor was like, "Be consistent!" so maybe I should take her advice on this one. Or not ;)

Yep, she likes Audrey better. It will be explained on the next update :D Oh and by the way, a little hint for the upcoming updates: humans are not going to be the only ones involved in the story ;) I'll let you figure out the rest. Hee hee.

-Kaoru

Aww, cool. :] lol, well it's up to you really. But it's awesome either way.

Yay, okay. Update soon then! And... o: I'm even MORE intrigued now!

-Amy

#47 ~*LuckyClover*~

~*LuckyClover*~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

Great Update! loved it...! :D

So, the information about Audrey's power has been locker up?

By who? was it her dad?

Can't wait for more!

:heartbeat:

Clover

#48 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

Chapter VIII : House of Capet’s Party

I looked around the ballroom and found myself in utter shock. Everyone looked so elegant and grand, I felt like I did not belong. Tara, Patrick and Marcus were still at their respective houses, preparing for the ball while I had decided to help out Cassie with the organization of the whole party.

“I hate being the party planner,” She said.

“Then why did you volunteer?” I asked.

“Honey, I just love responsibility! It makes me feel important.”

“So tell me, who are these people again?”

“They are Carlovingians. Our allies and they are quite the powerful bunch,” Cassie replied. “I think they’re even stronger than us Capetians.”

“Stronger? Do you mean their powers are even scarier than yours or Warrens?”

“You calling my powers scary?”

“Well...yes. I mean, with a snap you could make those guys pigs if you wanted! Isn’t that scary?”

“Cool, yes. Scary, no.” Cassie waved at an extremely handsome man who was headed our way and she immediately pushed the tray of entrees to me. “James Martel.”

The man took Cassie’s hand and kissed it tastefully. “Ah, Cassandra. How are you tonight?”

“Pretty good,” She smiled. “And you?”

“Excellent.”

“Wonderful,” Cassie pulled me to closer her and cleared her throat. “James this is Audrey Davis, Audrey this is James Martel.”

I took out my hand to shake his but just like what he did to Cassie, James gently turned my hand over and kissed it. “Pleasure.” He smiled.

I pulled out my hand and turned to Cassie. “Uh, can I go please?”

Cassie laughed. “I’m sorry about her, James. She’s not very sociable, I’m afraid.”

“No, I am not.” I replied.

“How adorable,” James winked.

I’m not a damn baby, mister. I quickly left from their sight, still carrying the tray of food when someone unbelievably quick took it from my hands.

“Patrick?”

He smiled and grabbed a bite. “Hey, princess.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m guessing Marcus told you?”

Patrick nodded. “Pretty cool that you’re a royal. That makes me popular in the community, you know? Because I hang out with the princess and all.”

“Good for you.” I said sarcastically.

“It is.” He grinned. “You’re not having fun?”

I shook my hand. “Not at all.”

“Well, how about you dance with me?”

“No way, you owe me a dance, Patrick Hatt!” Either Shareen or Sasha, I was not sure which, came up to us with her arms across her chest. However, upon seeing me, she smiled. “Hey, Audrey!”

I smiled. “Hi, Sh...”

“It’s Shareen!” She replied.

“Oh, right! I’m sorry, it’s just that you too look so alike,”

“Don’t worry about it,” Shareen turned to Patrick and raised her brow. “Well, big guy?”

Patrick sighed. “Alright, but after one song I get to dance with the princess, alright?”

Shareen laughed. “Why are you calling her princess, what are you into her or something?”

I merely smiled.

“Oh, you didn’t know?” Patrick grinned. “Audrey is the princess of the Capet houses.”

Her jaw fell. “Oh my god. Well, that changes everything! Audrey, you can dance with Patrick if you like.”

I shook my head. “Oh, no please. He promised you a dance and he is a man of his word, am I right?”

He winked. “Yes, ma’am.” And after quickly taking the tray on the table with his speed of light swiftness, Patrick took Shareen’s hand and took her to the dance floor. As I looked at them dancing, I could not help but feel a little jealous. They had just met but their chemistry was undeniable; they would make a beautiful couple. Looking through the crowd, I was finally able to find Tara who was talking to a couple of guys. Feeling a little uncomfortable, I walked towards Tara and when she saw me, her face suddenly turned bitter.

“Hi, Tara! I’m so glad you’re here, I am so bored,” I told her.

“Hey,” Tara looked at her friends and forced a smile. “Listen, I’m a little busy here so can yo-”

“Who is this?” One of the guys asked.

“This my friend, Audrey. Audrey, these are Vincent and Quentin of the Artois house.” She looked at me as if she wanted me to go away and although I was shocked at the sudden change of personality of Tara, I could not risk getting into an argument with her and I politely excused myself from them. As I left, I was still able to overhear a snippet of their conversation.

“What’s her problem?” Vincent asked.

“She’s just weird. It’s her thing.” Tara answered.

I was weird? Tara and I have been friends since freshman year and suddenly, after finding out about me be a royal Capetian she was acting really distant towards me. She was supposed to be my only source of comfort yet now, she was the one causing me to feel like an outcast. I decided to head out to the balcony to get some fresh air, however, when I got there, turns out Warren did too.

“Hey,” I greeted.

I waited for him to answer but he did not. I stared at him for a moment then turned to the view in front of me. For almost four years, I saw Capetian Academy as a normal private high school dedicated to bring out the best of its students. However, just when I thought I was going to end the year with a boring yet gratifying experience, all this happened.

“You’re not having fun?” Warren asked, breaking the silence between us.

“Nope, what about you?”

“This party is just an excuse for Capetians to show off their success. Why should I find this fun?”

I shrugged. “Well, you’ve been doing this for years.”

“Yes but this year’s different.”

“How?”

He looked at me with his sad hazel eyes and replied, “You came into the picture.”

I gulped. “Look, I didn’t choose to be like this.”

“Neither did all of us, but we’re fighting for our survival.”

“I never got that whole fighting thing.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, who are we fighting against?”

He sighed. “Do you know of the Habsburg family?”

I shook my head. “No. Who are they?”

“History lesson, Audrey. Brace yourself." He said. "The House of Habsburg had more than five hundred members and with an empire that had dozens of houses, they ruled a vast amount of land in Austria and other neighboring countries. They were the most successful house in all of Europe and many tried to take their place but they all failed. People keep saying that the cause of the Habsburgs' fall has yet to be clarified. However, we know the truth."

"What caused it?"

"A man serving the head Habsburg family witnessed a practice that was so disturbing, that the man believed that it was the work of the devil. The servant ran away from the house and spread the secret of the Habsburgs. Within days, enemies of the Habsburg Empire attacked and murdered all the members of the houses all in one night.”

“And how is this relevant to us Capetians?” I asked.

“The houses that attacked the Habsburgs were the Hohenzollern, Piast, Carolingians and...the Capetians.”

"What are we worried about then? Since all the Habsburgs are dead, there's nothing to be scared of!”

“A few survived.” Warren replied. “Now years later, descendants of the Habsburgs are out to get the houses who killed their empire. Unfortunately, in the twenty-first century, we’re the head of all official houses, so they’re after us.”

“Just out of curiosity, what were the Habsburgs doing? What kind of practice was it?”

He smiled. “Do you believe in vampires?”

#49 meems223

meems223

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

heyyyyy
new readeeeer
i really love your story! nice update by the way ;D
haha please update soon!
vampires oooh i shouldve known haha
thnks again!

- meemz

#50 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

-new reader-

Hey!
I really like this, it's well written.
And I like the plot and all. It's very interesting, and I want to read more. :)

-Helen.

#51 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Woah, I think Tara is jealous and doesn't want Audrey stealing the spotlight. >_< And...Warren. Warren is just Warren. As usual. Lol.

Oooh, the end bit was cool. :]

Only CC:

“Oh, right! I’m sorry, it’s just that you two look so alike,”

-Amy

#52 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

Gah! Thanks for that Amy :) I should really proofread updates more haha. Anyways, here's a quick update since I'm really bored. It's short, but I think it's cool :D Oh, and new characters by the way!

Eric

Posted Image

Yasmine
Posted Image

Chapter IX : Unwelcome Guests

“V-vampires? The Habsburgs were vampires?!” I started hyperventilating. If there was one thing I hated most in the world, it was blood and anything associated with blood. Guns, violence, emergency rooms, horror movies and most importantly, vampires. They were creatures that would rise in the middle of the night to feast on their innocent prey. Strong yet oddly meek-looking, these not-so human creatures were the opposite of a friendly neighbor.

“Are you alright? You look a bit pale,” Warren came closer and looked into my eyes. “Don’t tell me you’re scared?”

I shook myself and glared at him. “And why should I not be? Vampires, Warren. Vampires! Blood-sucking, pale-skinned bloodsuckers!”

For a moment, I thought I saw Warren’s lip curve up, but perhaps I was wrong for I have never seen him smile.

“They’re not here, so don’t worry.” He replied.

“Yeah, easy for you to say. You’ve got powers to protect you!” I exclaimed. “No wonder my father told me to be careful! We’re dealing with bloodsuckers here!”

“They have names, Audrey.”

“Yes, they do. Bloodsuckers!”

He raised his brow. “What is it with you and vampires?”

“I can say the same to you! You should be freaked out, I mean these things can kill you!”

“Yes, they can and I can kill them too if that was what I wished.”

I sighed. “I’m sorry but this is too much. Perhaps I never should have came,”

Warren put his hand on my shoulder and sighed. “Aud-”

“Princess!”

Cassie ran towards us and smiled. “Oh and Warren! Ok, we all need to head back in. Jennifer has an announcement to make.”

What were you going to say? I thought, hoping that Warren would answer but he just merely nodded his head and followed Cassie. I looked back at the balcony and sighed. That was probably the last time I would ever get to talk with Warren properly. What a shame.

“And so, as a surprise to all of you, I would like to introduce to you the daughter of King Charles IX of the House of Valois, Princess Jane Audrey!”

My jaw fell. Oh my god. Everyone turned to me and clapped their hands. There were a few oohs and ahhs, while others pointed and nodded their head. I’m not a work of art! Keep your eyes away! I was never used to public recognition, that was one of the reasons why I did not join the Debate Club when my teacher, Mr. Henderson begged me to.

“So, I hope you’ll help make Audrey feel right at home,” Jennifer smiled and raised her glass. “To the princess!”

Everyone else raised their glass and cheered, “To the princess!”

“Have fun and enjoy the rest of the evening!” Jennifer stepped off the stage with a smile on her face, but after looking at something behind us, her smile turned into a frown.

“I heard there was a party but wow, I didn’t know we it would be this big!”

We all turned to a group of people in the middle of the double doors. They stood like statues, with clothes in colors of either red, black or brown. Each and every one of them were stunningly gorgeous and they all had an evil smile on their faces, which caused the hairs on my neck to rise. I looked around and found Tom’s hands had flamed up but he was holding it. What’s going on?

Warren lowed his mouth across my ears and his voice suddenly made me shiver. “House of Habsburg.”

My eyes widened. “They were invited?”

Cassie took my hand and shook her head. “Stay close, Audrey.”

I thought vampires would be pale! Why the hell are they tanner than me?

I looked at Warren who suddenly smiled. He was definitely reading my thoughts and somehow he found the situation humorous, when he should not have.

“Eric Habsburg, I’m sorry but I’m afraid this is an invitation only event.” Mark walked towards them and smiled. “You must leave.”

“Mr. Le Masson, we heard you had new members and we just wanted to meet and greet them that is all.” Eric Habsburg looked at Warren and grinned. “How you doin’, Warren?”

Warren clenched his fists and looked at him as if he wanted to kill Eric right then and there. Eric on the other hand, seemed upbeat than angry. He had a sense of vanity in him, as if he loved himself more than anyone. Eric had a suit on and his hair in a weird gel-type of style. His features reminded me of a statue of Julius Caesar that I was once saw in a book; sharp and manly-like. What a weirdo. I thought.

“Can’t we be civil?” A young woman behind Eric said. “We just want to have fun like all of you. We are a younger generation, we are different from the old fools that rule our houses.” Her hair was as straight as threads and her lips were incredibly red, redder than the usual lipstick women put on.

“Yasmine, you and Eric brought six others of your kind. Do you really think we’ll let you stay?” Cassie replied.

“You are not welcome here!” A man shouted out. “Leave!”

“We understand we’re not quite auspicious but can’t we talk about this, my lady? We really do just want to socialize.” Eric smiled at Jennifer.

Warren looked at Jennifer and shook his head, keeping his face straight and stern. It was obvious that Warren did not want any of the vampires near anyone but Jennifer thought otherwise.

“It was your father that attacked us before and I still hold a grudge for that. However, I still do have faith in the youth of today and I will let you stay.” Jennifer put up her hand and added, “If six of your companions leave. Two is enough, don’t you think?”

Eric turned to Yasmine and nodded, causing her to raise her hand to the other vampires, making them leave. Yasmine smiled at Cassie and winked.

“Happy now, Mrs. Le Masson?” Eric grinned.

Jennifer’s voice echoed in the silence. “You may stay.”

#53 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

Oh, by the way, thanks so much to all my readers! The story has reached paga 2 :) Yay!

xx

Kaoru

#54 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

No problem Kaoru. :]

Wow, too bad Eric is from the house of Habsburg. He's hot. Lmao. Everyone is so pretty and good-looking! >_<

-Amy

#55 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

I didn’t know we it would be this big!

I didn't know it would be this big!
-_______-

Haha, I know! He reminds me of Ed Westwick :)

#56 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

Lol, yeah. Did you find the characters around? They're really good.

-Amy

#57 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

AWSOME STORY!
♥ Cerra

#58 sophomoric

sophomoric

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

Darling Kaoru,
You must update more!
:)

#59 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:12 AM

Did you find the characters around? They're really good.

-Amy

I get the pictures from Getty images it's really good :)

AWSOME STORY!
♥ Cerra

Eeee! Hey, Cerra
Thank you :)

#60 ~*LuckyClover*~

~*LuckyClover*~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:25 AM

YAY! :D

Great Update!

Can't wait for more!

:heartbeat:

Clover

#61 Dreamy_Girl

Dreamy_Girl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

That is cool. What's with Tara?

#62 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

I get the pictures from Getty images it's really good :)

I can tell. They look amazing. :]

-Amy

#63 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

*New Reader*
I only have four words to say:I LOVE THIS STORY!!!
-Kayli ;-)

#64 afunk14

afunk14

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Hey, new reader.

Very cool, I like it so far. :)

Ashley

#65 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

update, soon!
♥ Cerra

#66 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:59 AM

Okay.
First.

*NEW READER*

And now,
I LOVE YOUR STORY!
The idea is so new.
I just love reading Fantasy tales. They are so gripping!
And your's is..Uber cool!

I really like Audrey. She is sweet and easy to relate to. I mean I can totally get why she wouldn't want to accept the offer.

But I really would like to know who would lock her memories of her powers?
Maybe one from the House of Habsberg? (Am I right? With the name I mean? I get confused. A bit. Sorry)

And I think I know what's up with Tara. Maybe she is kinda feeling..envious about Audrey being the Princess and stuff?
Or maybe she thinks that being with Audrey she will be considered..low? Because Audrey's powers still haven't bloomed.
But I think if it is either of those reasons, then Tara really needs a lesson about friendship.

Warren leaves me in a trance.
That's all I say.

Thomas is the ultimate gentleman. He will make a very good friend. But if Audrey HAS to be with anyone, it should be Warren.
They are somehow fit together.
:love7:

All the characters in your story are super cool.

Though I m a little suspicious about the vampires' entry.
What are they up to?
I hope not something bad.

Update Soon!

Love.
*♥Suki♥*

#67 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

Thanks for the comments, you guys. It's really means a lot :D <3

While everyone was giving evil looks at Eric and Yasmine, Jennifer quickly walked over to Warren and sighed.

“No fights have started in five years, do you really think they’ll start now?” She asked.

“That’s because they never came to us before! We went to them and attacked.” Warren replied.

“Which is exactly why I’m giving them a chance.”

He rolled his eyes. “Whatever. There’s still two hundred of us and two of them, we can kill these bastards.”

“Watch your mouth,” Jennifer frowned. “And watch Audrey.”

Warren nodded and turned to me. “You have to stay with me at all costs.”

“Why? It’s not like they know who I am,” I replied.

“And we have to make sure they won’t know. Eric knows there’s a princess but he doesn’t know who it is, right? We’ll have to keep it that way.” Warren nudged me with his shoulder and smiled. “Take my arm.”

I raised my brow. “Excuse me?”

He sighed. “Just take it.”

I rested my hand on his shoulder and forced a smile. “There.”

Warren patted my hand and winked. “Alright, look happy and walk.”

As Warren and I were talking to a few elders of different houses, I noticed a quick moving figure in the corner of my eye. I tried not to turn my head but I eventually gave in, which I should not have, for I was now staring at the vampire, Eric.

“Are you new?” He asked.

Warren stood in between us and frowned. “Go away, Eric.”

“I’m just trying to be nice,” Eric turned to me and smiled. “You look so...fresh.”

“And she’ll stay that way.”

Eric chuckled. “Ah, she’s your girlfriend.”

My eyes widened. “No!”

Warren’s eyes widened.

“Well, then!” Eric put his arm around me and turned his back to Warren. “What is your name, you beautiful flower.”

I turned to Warren and thought, Get me away from him! And almost immediately, Warren was at my side, with his hands around me. “Can you let my girl go?”

“I thought you were not going out?” Eric asked me.

I shook my head. “W-we are!”

He raised his brow. “Well, I am a gentleman and a gentleman never takes another man’s woman.” Eric lowered his arm and smiled. “I’ll be seeing you around.” He quickly walked over to another group of people who did not want him around and continued chatting.

My eyes widened. “That guy is creepy.”

Warren sighed. “Now do you understand?”

“Yes.”

Tom walked over to us and put his hand on my head. “Be careful next time, Audrey.”

I rolled my eyes. “I know, I know.”

Tom smiled and turned to Warren. “Would you mind?”

He shook his head. “Go ahead, Thomas.”

I raised my brow. “What’s going on?”

“Would you dance with me, Audrey?” Tom asked.

“Uh...sure.” I took his hand and smiled. “I guess.”

The night ended fine and although the vampires were still in the ballroom when Tara and I left, I felt assured that everyone could handle themselves. I mingled with a few Capetians, including Jared Le Masson, Warren’s second cousin and ended up having a great time with him. Of course, that was until Warren interrupted our conversation and asked Jared to go away. When I asked him why, Warren simply replied, “I hate that kid.” And I thought Warren was mature!

In the car, Tara was quiet and she seemed too preoccupied with a few things. Being a friend, I thought I would be able to help her out and so I asked her what was wrong.

“Nothing,” She replied.

“Tara, are you mad at me or something?”

“I am not.”

“Why are you acting so distant, then?”

“Look, it’s just really weird how you’re the princess yet you don’t have any powers. It’s like...what are you doing here, then?”

I fell silent. What was I doing with all the Capetians?

“I mean what can you offer to the Capetians? How will you help fight the Habsburgs?”

“How do you know about them?” I asked.

“I’ve been talking with a lot of people, Audrey. I have learned the history of the Capetians thanks to a few good friends of mine.”

“But you just met them!” I exclaimed.

“It doesn’t matter! I belong and quite honestly, I don’t think you do.”

“Let me off.” I muttered.

“Excuse me?”

“I want to get off this stupid car.”

“Audrey, don’t be stupid.”

“I want off!” I shouted.

Tara slowed the car and stopped just inside of Bellevue Square Mall. She frowned. “Fine, go ahead.”

I grabbed my purse and opened the car door. “I’ll see you in school.”

“Whatever,” She replied and once I closed the door shut, she drove off.

I stood outside the entrance of the mall and as the night shoppers were slowly leaving, I suddenly felt cold. Goosebumps were on my arms and my legs instantly shook. It’s supposed to be summer, why am I so cold?

“Are you alright?”

Upon seeing his face, I screamed with no regard of where I was.

Chapter X : First Teleporting Experience

“What the hell?”

“I’m sorry! You just caught me by surprise!” I tried to catch my breath but then again lost it when Warren put his hands on my shoulder and looked into my eyes.

“Why are you here all alone? Where’s Tara?” He asked.

“We got into an argument and I told her to let me off the car.”

“You idiot!”

My jaw fell. “Excuse me?”

“Look, it’s past nine and you’re all alone. Can you tell me if that’s a smart thing to do?”

“I’ve got a phone, Warren.”

“Is a phone going to save you from vampires?”

I fell silent.

“You’re lucky I followed you to double check.”

“How did you follow us, I didn’t see a car behind us when we left the academy.”

“I don’t know...maybe my powers?” He said sarcastically.

“Oh, right.” I looked up at him and smiled.

“What are you smiling about?”

“Nothing.” You’re wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night, you weirdo.

“I hope you remember that I can read your mind too.” Warren replied. “And so what if I’m wearing sunglasses?”

I rolled my eyes. “You really shouldn’t use your powers when you’re with me?”

“Jealous that you don’t have any?” Warren smiled.

“Not really, it’s just annoying.”

He sighed. “Look, just hold my hand.”

I raised my brow. “Why?”

“I’m gonna take you home, princess.”

“Can you not call me that, please?”

“I have the right to say anything I want to, princess.”

“I hate you.” I muttered.

“And I hate you too but I can’t do anything about it, can I? I was ordered to protect you and protect you, I will.” Warren took out his hand and held mine tight. “Now, don’t blink.”

Before I could utter a word, we were in front of my house and my head was suddenly spinning. I slightly fell to the side but of course, Warren caught me in time.

“You’ll get used to it,” He said.

I forced a smile. “I’m fine.” As I was about to walk to the door, I decided that the polite thing to do was thank him despite our mutual feelings for each other but when I did turn to him to do so, he had disappeared and left me without even saying good night. What a jerk.

"I heard that," Warren's voice echoed in my head and I suddenly smiled.

Somehow, I felt that we did not really hate each other but we did have a few misunderstandings here and there. It was a unique relationship but it made me less alone, knowing that someone knew what I was thinking and understood how I felt. I turned the knob and entered the house, trying to keep my thoughts away from Warren. He could not possibly read my mind when I'm away from him, right?

Chapter XI : The Training Begins

During free period, Patrick, Marcus and I were chatting about our favorite television show Heroes, Tara sat with the popular girls Gabriella Quinn and Rachel Spencer. I never thought she was the kind of person who just abandons a friend but I was wrong. I had hoped that we would make up and be friends again but it did not look too good.

“It’s free period, why are you guys in the classroom?”

We all turned to find Warren with his arms across his chest and once again, with his signature aviator sunglasses on. Patrick stood up alongside Warren and grinned.

“Ah, I know what we’re going to do,” He said. “Shareen told me about this.”

“You’ve been hanging out with Shareen lately.” Marcus replied.

I raised my brow. “Are you two an item?”

Patrick shrugged. “Maybe, maybe not.”

“Don’t even think about hitting on any of the twins,” Warren said to Patrick. “Their parents will murder you.”

“How do you mean?” I asked.

“They’re very protective,” He winked.

“Anyway, what did you want to talk to us about?” Marcus asked.

Warren took off his aviators and showed off his incredibly gorgeous hazel eyes. “Get ready to do some training.”

As soon as Warren told us everything, Tara with her ability, overheard our conversation and immediately came up to us and smiled. “Training, you say?”

Warren nodded. “So, shall we?”

As we stood up to leave the classroom, Mr Sanders immediately dropped his book on the desk and frowned.

“And where are you kids heading?” He asked.

“Graduation surprise,” Tara replied. “Right, Audrey?”

Mr Sanders turned to me and nodded. “Alright, if Audrey says so.”

“Yes, it’s for the graduation,” My voice cracked but I hoped that he did not notice.

“Alright, off you go.”

I hate lying.

When we left the classroom, Warren immediately said, “Get use to it, it’s an important skill.”

I rolled my eyes. Why do I have to go? I don’t have any powers!

Warren took my hand and as he did so, I felt my heart skip a beat. “You’re the princess, remember?”

I nodded. “Right.”

We made our way to Jennifer’s office and when we got there, she immediately stood up and handed each of us sunglasses. Once we put them on, Jennifer nodded at Warren and ordered us to form a circle and hold hands. I held Tara’s hand and she rolled her eyes, but she did not let go.

“Why do we have to do this?” Marcus asked.

Warren stood inside our circle and smiled. “So I can transport us to the training grounds.” He cooly snapped his fingers and within seconds, we were in a completely different setting. I felt the warm sun on my skin but that did not change the cold wind blowing in my face. The place was breathtaking. Mountains and unbelievable fields were all around us and not far from where we stood, villages were present. We were somewhere in Europe but I was not sure where.

“Welcome to Poland and Slovakia,” Warren said.

“How can we both be in one place at the same time?” I asked.

“We’re on the border,” Tara replied.

“And which mountain is this?” Marcus looked around and took a deep breath. “Man, the air’s clean!”

“We are on one of the High Tatras mountains,” Warren stood beside me and sighed. “Beautiful, isn’t it?”

I lost my breath and suddenly felt a little warm despite the almost unbearable cool air. “Is this the training?”
He shook his head. “We have a small house in one of those villages down there and that’s where we’ll train.”

“If that’s where the training grounds are, why did we teleport all the way up here?” Patrick asked.

Warren smiled. “Just wanted to show you guys the view.”

#68 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

Aw, Warren is really sweet.
He is THE guy.
I m sure.
And I see Audrey having tiny tiny feelings for hi mas well.
But it will be little hard when he will be able to read all her thoughts. Kinda..not private..for Audrey.
:icon_lol:

I loved the update.
I don't like Eric. Well, surprise surprise.

Anyways, very very VERY nice update.
I loved it!
I know I already said it once, but I feel ike saying it again and again.
:D

But one question.
Why do they have to wear sunglasses? And why did Warren tell Audrey not to blink when they were about to teleport?

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#69 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:32 AM

Why do they have to wear sunglasses? And why did Warren tell Audrey not to blink when they were about to teleport

The first question will be answered in the next update and for the blinking thing, Warren just said that as an expression :D

-Kaoru

#70 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

The first question will be answered in the next update and for the blinking thing, Warren just said that as an expression :D

-Kaoru

WHOKAY!
I get it now.
Hehee...
I eagerly await the next update.
Is it coming soon?

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#71 afunk14

afunk14

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

Aww I like Warren! Despite his occasional jerkiness.

Thanks for the update!

-Ashley

#72 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

I loved the chapters! :) It made me happy to see so much. xD

Also, I was almost giddy with delight when Warren had to protect Audrey... so cute. ^_^ I think I'm slowly liking him... alot.

“They’re very protective,” He winked.

I'm not sure about this. Is his sunglasses lense dark? Because if he had really dark ones, we wouldn't really be able to tell if he winked or not. It's Warren...right?

Update soon!

-Amy

#73 iLoveXFactor

iLoveXFactor

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

Wow, they were awesome updates. And Warren! EEEEE! I love him. <3

#74 Dreamy_Girl

Dreamy_Girl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

Aw, Warren is really sweet.
He is THE guy.
I m sure.
And I see Audrey having tiny tiny feelings for hi mas well.
But it will be little hard when he will be able to read all her thoughts. Kinda..not private..for Audrey.
:icon_lol:

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

Ditto!

#75 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

I KNEW something was going to happen between them! Something will, right? Oh yeah, and awesome update!!!
-Kayli ;-)

#76 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

Okay, these are the last new characters and after that no more :)

Teresa McKnight
Posted Image

Trisha Davis
Posted Image

Chapter XII : Mom’s Secret

We entered an enormous mansion just a few miles away from the town of Tatranská Lomnic, as what Warren had informed us. The designs of the furniture and the home itself were identical to the ones back at the academy. It was undeniable that the House of Capet was a powerful line of the Capetian Dynasty, the evidence was too strong.

“Can we take these off now?” Patrick asked, referring to the sunglasses.

Warren chuckled. “Yeah, go ahead.”

I took the sunglasses off and looked around. “Wow, this place is beautiful.”

“17th century French furniture and architecture,” Tara replied. “I’ve seen it all before.”

I ignored Tara’s comment and followed the group quietly.

“Wait, so why did we have to wear the sunglasses?” Marcus hung his on his shirt and looked around.

“My powers are still unstable,” Warren replied. “You see, the more people I try to teleport at once, the more power I use. And the more power I use, the more likely the rays of my power will burn your eyes out which will leave you all blind.”

Marcus whistled. “Oh. Cool.”

We passed through halls and dozens of doors, everywhere we turned to, it looked like a dream. Just as I was starting to love the place, I was caught off guard when a woman suddenly jumped on Warren and kissed him passionately on the lips.

“How are you?” Warren asked when their lips parted.

She smiled. “I’m good. Glad you’re back.”

“So am I,” He replied.

Marcus cleared his throat and the woman immediately let herself off. “I didn’t know you had a girlfriend, Warren!”

He suddenly smiled and put his arms over the woman. “You guys, this is Teresa McKnight. She’s one of your trainers.”

“And yours as well, perhaps?” Patrick winked.

I was suddenly dumbfounded. The reason why Warren Le Masson never showed any interest towards any girl in school was not because he was a jerk and did not like anyone, it was because he did have someone. I could not say anything and did not throughout the entire time. The woman was about twenty-one, twenty-four maximum and she, like all the other Capetians looked like a goddess on Earth.

Tara sighed. “Are we starting soon?”

Teresa smiled. “Why don’t we get to know each other first?” She turned around opened the double doors. “Follow me.” As she turned her back, Warren pervertedly hit her lightly on the butt and smiled at Marcus and Patrick, who immediately cheered upon seeing what Warren had done.

Oh, for the love of god. I rolled my eyes and followed the group, trying to hide the fact that I was both disappointed and angry.

Teresa and Warren led us in a spacious room with nothing but black marble tiles, painted walls in black and gray gradients and one multi-floor window. There were no curtains and a few chairs on the corners of the giant room.

“You will be trained separately with people who have similar abilities as yours here.” Teresa held Warren’s hand tight and smiled. “But first, I want get to know all of you.” With one single wave of her hand, the chairs moved towards us and stopped on the spot and we obediently sat down on the comfortable chairs. However, Teresa found Warren’s lap more appealing and that was where she sat down.

“Telekinesis?” Tara smiled. “Cool.”

Teresa smiled. “Thanks, now. First things first, tell me your names and your ability.” She turned to Tara and nodded.

“I’m Tara and I have super senses,” She grinned.

“My name’s Patrick and I have can run fast. Very fast.”

Teresa nodded. “Next.”

“I’m Marcus and I can manipulate molecules,” He said confidently.

“That is very cool.” Teresa turned to me and smiled. “And you?”

“I’m Audrey,” I gulped.

“And your ability?” She asked.

I blinked and said nothing.

Warren whispered something in her ear and she nodded. “Alright, the training will start in a few minutes, please head back to the sitting area outside this room and wait for the other Capetians to arrive. Audrey, may I speak with you for a moment?”

I stood up straight and held my breath. “Y-yes?”

“Your highness, I have been asked to train you but I find that without you knowing your powers, I will not be able to help you.” Teresa turned to Warren and smiled. “Warren, perhaps the only way is to train her...traditionally?”

He nodded. “Audrey, have you ever held a gun before?”

“Oh no, no, no!” I exclaimed. “I will not be firing any guns nor will I do anything to hurt anyone!”

Teresa rolled her eyes. “Miss America does not like violence?”

Warren shook her head. “She hates blood too.”

Teresa sighed. “Ok, let me think this over.”

“Actually, I changed my mind.” I walked over to the double doors and grabbed the knob. “I will not be part of this.”

Warren ran over to my side and frowned. “You have to be under our constant watch. Otherwise you might get hurt.”

I glared at him. “I won’t.”

“If the Habsburgs get you, we will lose the battle.” He replied. “I cannot let you go.”

“Warren, let her leave if she wishes,” Teresa relied. “She is the princess.”

I nodded. “Teresa’s right.”

“Fine, go ahead.” Warren shook his head and turned his back to me. “Well, come on. I’m gonna take you back home. Give me your hand.”

Teresa smiled. “I hope to see you soon, princess.”

I forced a smile and waved. “Me too.”

And in a blink of an eye, Warren and I were in front of my house, as if we had never left. I let my hand off his and sighed.

“Thank you,” I said.

“No problem,” He replied coldly. “Listen,”

I turned to him and sighed. “Yes?”

“If you ever do change your mind and decide to come back, make sure you’ll stick to your decision.”

“I did not say that I was going to join the Capetians.”

“Well, you had us fooled. A lot of people were really excited, you know? It’s such a shame that you royals refuse to come back. We really do need you.”

Before I could utter a word, Warren left me feeling guilty and somewhat shameful for what I had not done. I ran inside the house and had planned to scream incoherent words through my pillow, but then I realized that my mom was in the living room and she could probably hear me if I did so.

“Audrey, why are you back from school so soon?” She asked.

“They let us off early,” I replied.

“Oh, my god.”

I looked up and raised my brow. “What?”

“What’s wrong, Audrey?”

“Nothing.”

“Audrey,” She put her arms over her chest and tapped her foot. “I am your mother and I know when you are feeling down. Tell me everything.”

I sat on the couch in the living room and closed my eyes. I could not tell her what I was having problems with because if I did, she would find out the truth! The secret that dad has kept from mom all these years! My eyes widened. What if I did tell her, would she really be shocked? I mean, superpowers are that big of a deal are they? They are in movies and television shows all the time, right?

“Mom?”

She brushed my hair softly and smiled. “Yes?”

“D-do you believe in super powers?”

Mom stopped brushing my hair and stared at me. “What a silly question!” She laughed nervously and her hands were suddenly shaking.

“I have to tell you something really important.”

She stood up and shook her head. “How is this possible? I thought...I thought I took care of this years ago!”

“Mom, what are you talking about?”

“How do you remember your powers? Did someone tell you? Who told you about the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha?”

“The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha? Another House?” I groaned. “So many names, hundreds of members! Too hard to remember!” I exclaimed.

Mom took my hand. “Audrey, what do you know about your powers?”

“Nothing! That’s the thing! Everyone at the Capet House is disappointed in me because I’m the only one with no powers!”

“Oh, thank goodness,” Mom smiled. “I thought you were talking about my House. Wait...why are you connected with the House of Capet? Honey, you’re my daughter, you’re the princess of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, not the Capet.”

“What?” My eyes widened. “No, mom. I’m the princess of the Capet House. I got it from Dad’s side.”

She gasped. “Wait a minute. Your father has...he has powers? And he’s a royal too?”

My head was suddenly hurting. So coincidently, my parents met all those years ago, never knew about each other’s powers and were both royals? How is this possible? Were they not aware of each other’s existence?

“Twenty-one years your father and I have been married and he never told me?!”

I looked around the house and realized that all the furniture were floating and if I was not mistaken, shaking too. That was then that I found out that mom was telekinetic, like Teresa McKnight. Wow, this is getting really complicated! “Mom! Calm down, you and dad can talk about this.”

She took a deep breath and almost immediately the furniture fell softly on the floor. “So what, you want me to unlock your powers?”

My jaw fell. “You did it?”

Mom nodded. “Well, of course I did! What did you think, I would risk you and your brother’s lives for some stupid ability? When I found out that I was having you, I formed a barrier while you were still in my stomach which locked up your powers somewhere in your mind but can still be brought back. I did the same to Robert, as well.”

“How sure were you that we did have powers when you never checked?”

“I wasn’t. That was just in case you kids did have any. But now that your father has powers too, I am sure that both you and your brother have some sort of ability.”

“What’s mine, then?” I asked.

Mom shrugged. “I do not know.”

“What do you mean?”

“Like you said, I never checked, so I do not know what your power is.”

I groaned. “Are you kidding me? Mom can you please tell me everything, because dad has and I really need to hear from your side.”

“Oh, no.” She laughed. “My story is ridiculous, I was a stupid teenager. In fact, I never should have left my family back in Berlin.”

“Please.”

Mom opened her palm and looked at something in the kitchen. “I need a drink,” she said and sure enough, a pitcher of orange juice and two glasses were floating across the room. She placed them on the coffee table in front of us and smiled. “Do you want some, honey?”

I shook my head. “No, thanks.”

After she drank a huge amount, mom took a deep breath and nodded. “Okay, then. It all started twenty-three years ago. I was the reigning queen of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha in Belgium and well, I was lonely. Being a teenage queen is not easy; I was given responsibilities that a teenager should never have. I had to choose my allies, order knights to fight and risk their lives, it was horrible.”
“So, I decided to give the throne to my cousin, Zachary who is still the reigning king, I believe. I ran away from home and never returned since.”

“Let me get this straight, you were tired of being a queen of a beautiful country so you ran away? Then later, you came to America and met my father who was also a runaway royal of another House and fell in love, not knowing about each other’s past?”

Mom smiled. “Quite a story, huh?”

“This is unbelievable.”

“Truly a love story, don’t you think, Audrey?” She stood up and giggled, just like a teenager in love. “I’m so glad I married your father.”

“Mom, I really am happy about you and dad, but...if you can, will you please unlock the memories?”

She frowned. “Is that what you really want?”

“That’s exactly what dad said!” I exclaimed.

“Well, he’s right. You will have so much responsibilities, Audrey. Especially being a royal of TWO different houses.”

“Mom, I just want you to unlock my powers, that’s all. I promise you that I will never join any house whatsoever.”

She put her hands over my head and closed her eyes. “Never say never, dear. If ever you do feel like you want to help out the Capetians or the Goths, just tell us and we’ll let you go.”

I looked up at her and realized the blue rays coming out from her hands. They surrounded the top of my head and I suddenly felt dizzy and somewhat weak. I looked at my hands and realized that they were glowing. Just as I was about to ask my mom what she was doing, everything turned black.

#77 Dreamy_Girl

Dreamy_Girl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

oh my god!

Worren... how? ugh.

Cool royal.

Dreamy xx

#78 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

I looked up at her and realized the blue rays coming out from her hands.

Let me change that to:

I looked up at her and saw the blue rays coming out from her hands.

Kaoru

#79 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Hiiiiiiiiiii

Man, I missed some updates!

But awesome updates.

You have a cool writing style.

I wanna know what her power is though!!! I'm sure we all do ;)

UPDATE SOON :)

Alex

#80 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:41 AM

This is quite a story Kaoru.
I m so hooked hopelessly.
The plot is..awesome.

Warren turned out to be..different than what I thought he will be.
Well, *Shrugs*, whatever happens, happens for a reason.

And OH MY GOSH!
She is a royal from TWO houses?
Whoa..She will be PRETTY powerful then.
And if I m not wrong, she has Earth Power right?
(Or do you call it something else?)

Well, Update Soon!
Now that her powers are unlocked, things are bound to change.
Drastically.
Tara will get it in her face.
HA!

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#81 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

Oh.My.Gosh. I can't believe that she'se the princess of TWO houses! And she probably does have powers! This is the most awesome update ever!!!
-Kayli ;-)

#82 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

I'm not sure about this. Is his sunglasses lense dark? Because if he had really dark ones, we wouldn't really be able to tell if he winked or not. It's Warren...right?

Good point! I guess Warren's sunglasses weren't that dark then haha :)

-Kaoru

#83 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

*SCREAMS LIKE- LIKE I SAW A GHOST*

:P I'll have you know that I silent screamed when:

a. we found out that Warren had a girlfriend

and b. Her mother has powers too and hid it!

WOW. I'm loving it so so so much. It's like I'm addicted. Hahaha. Sorry. Oh hey, no problem (about the Warren sunglasses thing). Eeeeh, I cannot believe she's the princess of TWO houses. WOW. I hope they're on each other's sides. If they weren't... Audrey-is-one-dead-teenage-girl. Haha, full stop. xD Update soon!!!

-Amy

#84 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

No way! No freakin way! This is so cool. A Royal of two houses?! Did her mom undo the lock or..........something else. Warren.........ah! He's so, so, so [fill this blank with your choice of word]
You have to update ASAP!
Seriously, this is good stuff.
Please update Pronto.

Ciao :mgbumblebee: ,
Cerra

#85 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:17 AM

It's short but a development on Audrey's power ;)

I woke up and found myself in my bedroom with mom and dad both sipping their coffee, laughing. I quickly closed my eyes and remained quiet, listening to their conversation and was relived to find that they worked things out.

“Trisha, I understand, but if she chooses to join the Capetians what will happen to the family?” Dad asked.

“Nothing, Charles,” She replied. “I know you Capetians are strong and I am sure that the heads of the house will have no problem protecting her.”

“That’s the thing, she doesn’t even have powers.”

“She does now,” Mom replied.

“Yes, you told me about the whole locking thing but what if it never shows up?”

“She’s got the blood of two monarchs, her powers will show up faster than any regular person, I’m sure of it, maybe even stronger than any other Capetian or Gothan. ”

Dad sighed. “What about Robert?”

“Have you thought about making Robert king?”

“Women are allowed to rule now in the Capet House. Audrey can be queen if she pleases.”

“We must think about our son too, Charles. I haven’t unlocked his powers yet. Do you think I should?”

“Let’s see how Audrey works out and if she finds her powers are useful and it all works out, we’ll tell Robert everything.”

“I wonder what Audrey’s powers could be.”

“Who knows?” Dad chuckled. “Trish?”

“Yes, Charles?”

“If...if I wanted to go back to the Capetians, would you join me?”

“Charles, I’ll follow you wherever you go. If you wish to rule then we will rule as a family." She paused. "Do you really want to rule again?”

Dad laughed. “No, of course not! I hated everything about being a king. The whole going back thing is just in case of emergency. What about you, are you going to take the throne back from your cousin?"

"No," Mom replied. "I'd rather not."

"Oh, come on!" He chuckled.

"I don't!"

"I'm sure you must have been quite the beautiful queen."

What a shame, it would have been really cool if we ruled together. I would show Warren and Tara how strong I really am.

“She’s awake,” Mom exclaimed and stood up to my side. “Sorry, honey. I’m psychic, too.”

I sighed. “Of course.”

“How do you feel, dear?” Dad asked.

I sat up and rubbed my head. “I feel much better, but I am a little confused.”

“With what?” He sat down beside me and smiled. “Ask all.”

“When will my powers show and are you seriously not telling Robert about all this?”

Mom shrugged. “Something will trigger the power. Unfortunately, I do not know what it is.”

“And Robert...well, we won’t say anything yet.” Dad finished.

Mom gasped. “Wait, Audrey, are you attached to anything at a the moment?”

I raised my brow. “What kind of thing?”

“It could be anything. A place or a person, perhaps?”

I thought for a moment. “Well, I have always been attached to the Capetian campus. I mean, I always go there whenever I feel down and stuff.”

Dad smiled. “Ah, I get it.”

“What?”

“The reason why you’re quite fond of that place is because your powers are at their peak when your mind is at its peak. Do you understand?” She took my hand and smiled. “Spending time in a place where your mind is at ease could trigger your powers.”

“Neat!” I exclaimed.

My parents laughed. Mom stood up and smiled. “Well, I guess you need to rest, right?”

I shook my head. “Actually, I was wondering if I could go out and check out school right now. Is that alright?”

Dad nodded. “Go on ahead, dearie.”

I kissed him on the cheek and smiled. “Thank you!”

“Be back in time for dinner, now,” Mom replied.

“Will do!” I quickly grabbed my purse and hurried out the house. I had to see what my powers were, I just had to.

Chapter XIII: Quiet Time...or Not.

When I got to school, the bell had just rung, announcing the end of the day. As students were heading out their lockers, I decided to walk quietly to the gardens. Hopefully, the Capetians were still at the Tatras mountains training. Deep into the gardens, the middle of the maze was the perfect place for me to relax and think about my powers. I laid down the soft grass and closed my eyes. The wind blew softly and I could no longer hear the bell nor the voices of people from where I was. Just the chirping of the birds and the sound of my breath.

I was not sure how long I was in the maze for, but when I heard something along the bushes, I became alert. I listened intently and suddenly, there were footsteps and a voice. I could not understand the language, but it was a man’s voice. It was familiar and I was sure that I had heard it before. Then, I felt a cold hand on my face and I grabbed the person’s hand and sat up.

“My, my. How swift,”

My jaw fell. “E-Eric Habsburg?!”

He winked. “Surprise.”

“But you’re a vampire!” I exclaimed. “The sun’s up and you’re in broad daylight!”

Eric laughed. “Do you seriously think those things are real?”

“Well, they’ve been told for years, if it’s said long enough, people do believe it.”

“Good point,” He handed me a red rose and smiled. “They don’t have any thorns. Go ahead.”

Despite the suspicious intent that I knew he had, I took the rose and forced a smile. “Thanks.”

“You’re very welcome,” Eric sat beside me and sighed. “What are you doing here all alone?”

I shrugged. “Just relaxing.”

“Hm,” Was all he said.

For a few moments, we were silent and I completely forgot how dangerous Eric could be if he truly knew who I was. He did not seem like a bad guy at all. Eric actually seemed...normal. Of course, he was wearing an expensive-looking yet obviously uncomfortable suit, which might have tipped the scales between normalcy and eccentricity, but other than that he seemed okay.

“What are you thinking?” Eric asked.

“Nothing,” I replied.

“Hm, how intriguing.”

“Not really.”

He chuckled. “You’re quite a character.”

“Thanks?”

“Not an insult.”

“It never is,” I sighed. “You’re not the frugal type, are you?”

“I refuse to buy commercial clothes. I get mine made from a very good friend, thank you very much.”

“And where do you get the money to buy those luxuries?”

“I’m the prince of the Habsburgs, my kingdom has a never ending well of fortune and treasures.”

How odd. My parents were both royals yet I do not really say we are rich but in the upper-middle class, maybe. Definitely not rich, though.

“Tell me, what is your ability?” Eric asked.

“I don’t know. I’m trying to find out, myself.”

“Ah, late bloomer.”

“I guess.”

Eric turned to the direction of the entrance of the maze and frowned. “Audrey, you’re a very interesting young woman. If ever you find yourself not belonging with the Capetians, think about joining the House of Habsburg. I’m sure you’ll fit in just fine.”

Before I could give him my reply, Eric stood up and walked away with the speed of light. I did not see him leave, almost.

“Audrey! What are you doing here?” Cassie smiled.

“Just...chilling.” I replied.

She stopped. “That's weird.”

“What?”

“Scent of a vampire,” She sniffed. “How disgusting. Did you see anything?”

Should I tell her? “Uh, nope.”

“Maybe it was just someone with a bad taste in perfumes,” Cassie sat beside me and sighed. “So, how was the training?”

“I left. I did not have any powers to train with.”

She frowned. “I’m sure you’ll find out soon. Don’t worry.”

I smiled. “I do have a feeling it will show. I’m sure of it.”

“That’s it! Be confident, always be optimistic!” Cassie put her hand on my shoulder. “If only I could go inside your head and see if there’s some sort of solution to this problem, I would!”

“Thanks, Cassie.” I fell on the grass and sighed. “Well, if you don’t mind, I’m going to be catching up on a few z’s.”

“Actually, I need some beauty sleep too, do you mind?”

I shook my head. “Not at all.”

Cassie laid down beside me and closed her eyes. “Talk to you later, Audrey.”

I smiled. “Alright.”

I felt the sand on my feet and took in the refreshing summer breeze. I could hear the strong waters hitting the concrete, splashing violently. I walked farther and farther until the sea was deep enough and I swam to the unknown. The currents did not bother me, at all. I quickly dove down, going deeper into the ocean and even close down the ocean floor. It was beautiful; the corals, the fishes, turtles, sharks, everything was beautiful. Everything seemed perfect, when a big octopus smacked me in the head.

“Wake up, Audrey!”

I opened my eyes and gasped. “What? What?”

“Why is there sand in my shoes?”

I blinked. “I...I don’t know.”

Cassie raised her brow. “Audrey, you just made sand appear in the middle of the maze and you’re telling me you don’t know how you did it?"

"Why do you think I did it?"

"Well, you're the only one here, with me." Cassie sighed. "What were you thinking?”

I gasped. That was it! “What was I thinking...”

“What are you getting at?”

“This happened when I was with Warren, too.” I stood up and looked around. “I...I was in this maze, doing the exact same thing.”

“Honey, you were just sleeping,” Cassie giggled.

“No,” I smiled. “I was dreaming.”

#86 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:29 AM

Okay, her powers are a little complicated.
I mean how does this work?
Her power is that whatever she dreams of will be real?
Or is it just that when her mind is at rest, whatever she wishes will happen?
GAH! It's complicated.
Just get Jack to look into her head again and this time he will be able to see right?
I mean the powers are no longer blocked.
PLEASE PLEASE!
Reveal it soon what her powers really ARE!

And WOW. Eric did seem normal.
But what was he doing here? It was okay at the party but why is he still here?
Some work with Jennifer maybe?
Or was it something else?
I think he likes her...
Hehee..

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#87 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

Oh yay! She has a power!
-Kayli ;p

#88 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

Oooh, so I get it! I think...

So, whenever she imagines/dreams scenery and stuff, it appears there! (I think...)

-Amy

#89 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

Your update was not short. Not in the least. Thank you so much for the update. I loved it! Please post next chapter ASAP.

toodles!
♥ Cerra

#90 melissa_fuller_trent

melissa_fuller_trent

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

I took Cassie’s hand and took her to the Morningwood Library. Perhaps, Jack could take a look inside my head. My memories were unlocked, he could easily tell me with no problems.

“Where are we going?” Cassie asked.

I quietly entered the library and motioned for Cassie to follow me. “I’m going to ask Jack about my powers.”

She raised her brow. “Who’s he?”

“A very psychic junior.” I looked around the library and when I saw the guy, I jumped. “Jack!”

“Audrey, keep your voice down, it’s a library.” Cassie followed me quite lazily but I did not care. I had to talk to Jack.

He closed his book and walked over to me. With his bag in hand and a book in the other, Jack smiled confidently. “Ah, princess. How are you?”

“I need you to look inside my head again.” I replied.

“I told you the memories-”

“Have been unlocked!”

Jack smiled. “Really? How interesting!”

Cassie cleared her throat.

I sighed. “Jack, this is Cassandra Le Masson, Cassie, this is Jack Bauer.”

“Pleased to meet you,” Jack smiled.

Cassie caught her breath for a few seconds before finally shaking his hand. “Likewise.”

I nodded. “Now, then!”

Jack put his hands on top of my head and closed his eyes. “Clear your head, Audrey.”

I took a deep breath and did so. A few moments later, I felt a slight stinging feeling on my left temple. It did not hurt much, but it did annoy me a little. I closed my eyes to relieve the slight pain however, I saw something else. The visions of my mother carrying me in her arms for the first time, when dad was so excited about having his first child that he cried; it all looked joyful.

“I got it!” Jack exclaimed.

I opened my eyes and stood up. “What is it?”

Cassie held my hand and smiled. “What is her ability?”

“It’s unique,” He replied. “I’ve never met anyone who has your powers.”

“Powers? I’ve got more than one?” My eyes widened.

“You are able to create your own illusions and even penetrate the dreams of others.”

Cassie’s jaw fell. “Like...like Freddy Kreuger?”

I laughed. “I’m Freddy Kreuger?”

Jack shook his head. “Sort of, but not exactly. The whole dream part is similar to Freddy Kreguer’s but what makes your powers unique, is you can make someone think that they’re in some place, doing some action when they really aren’t.” He sighed. “That’s a frightening power, if you ask me.”

“Wow,” Cassie jumped. “If you joined us, we could mess with the Habsburgs’ minds!”

“Oh, no. No, no, no, no!” I sat back down the chair and frowned. “I promised my parents that I will not be joining any of the houses.”

“Houses?” She asked.

“I’m...sort of the princess of the House of Capet and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. It turns out both my parents are royals.” I replied.

“Oh my freaking god!” Cassie fanned herself with her hands and took a deep breath. “This has never in our history, happened before! I mean...if a royal belonged to different houses, that would mean you would choose which house to rule and stick to it.”

“And if I don’t choose to rule?”

“Well, your family haven’t ruled for years so, I guess nothing would happen.”

I sighed. “Then I guess it’s alright.”

“Now that we know what your powers are, we can go back and train!”

Jack cleared his throat. “Sorry, ladies. I’m afraid that is not possible.”

I raised my brow. “How so, Jack?”

“You see, your powers are still too new for you to start training with. I suggest you get to know your powers before doing any training.”

“Have you been trained, Jack?” Cassie asked.

He shook his head. “I don’t need training to handle my powers, babe.”

I rolled my eyes. “Can you not?”

Cassie smiled. “He’s cute.”

“You guys!” I exclaimed. “Fine, I will not train with the Capetians but I’m going to need help, if you don’t mind.”

Jack looked at his watch and sighed. “Well, not right now. I have homework. Maybe during the summer, I mean that’s just a few days from now.”

I turned to Cassie. “Is that alright?”

She thought for a moment. “Well, the Habsburgs haven’t made much contact with us since the party and we seem to be doing fine so...I guess it’s okay.”

Jack smiled. “Great. You can find me on the student directory,” He pointed at me then turned to Cassie. “But you’re not a student here, so I’ll give you number.”

“Is this really appropriate?” I asked.

Cassie turned a bright pink and giggled. “Well, he is cute.”

When I got home, I was surprised to hear a few voices down the living room. My parents were usually home late and Robert usually hung out with his friends in his room, so I was not sure who to expect. I quickly dropped my bag and ran towards the living room.

“Hey, Audrey!”

Tom smiled. “We’re really sorry about barging in your home like this but we just had to talk to you.”

Tom, Christina, Warren and Cassie were in my living room sitting on the couch, like they were actually invited inside. I put my arms over my chest and raised my brow. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Look, we know that you don’t have powers,” Christina started and I looked over to Cassie who winked at me. She was keeping my powers secret. Thank god. “But we just really want you to hang out with us. I mean, whether you have powers or not, you are still a Capetian. A royal Capetian.”

“I’m sorry but my family has not been involved with you guys for years, how important do you really think I am? I’m of no help to you guys.” I replied.

Warren sighed. “Look, they want you in despite your...inability to support us. Jeez, just agree already. These guys have been complaining non-stop. Don’t even get me started on Jennifer and Mark.”

You’re such a jerk. I thought he would be angry when I thought those words but to my surprise, he did not even seem to care. Either that or he just did not want to listen.

Tom glared at Warren and turned to me. “We’re really sorry about him.”

Christina took my hand and looked in my eyes. “Please. Just give us a chance.”

I turned to Cassie who had said nothing the whole time and she merely shrugged. I looked at Tom and smiled. “Okay, how about this. I'll consider joining the Capetians after graduation. Is that alright?”

Tom nodded. “That’s just a few days. Warren, is that cool?”

He stretched his arms and stood up. “Whatever. Can we go now?”

I rolled my eyes. “Please do.”

As everyone was leaving the house, I grabbed Cassie and she ended up staying behind. She told them that they should wait in the car and they obediently did. Although Warren was curious as to why, I ended up lying to him which worked out marvelously. It was pretty odd though, because I did not think he read my mind at all. When Cassie and I were finally alone, I closed the door and locked it shut.

“So, what do you think?” I asked her.

“I honestly don’t know, princess. I mean, it would be great if you could show them your ability, but you still can’t, right? So, it’s best if you waited.”

“Can you help me out then? I mean, training my powers and all.”

“Well, I actually can’t tonight.” She replied. “We’re having a meeting with the heads of the houses.”

“What about?”

She paused. “About you.”

“Wh-what do you mean?”

“I’m not sure what we’re going to discuss exactly, but Jennifer said it’s about you and your family.”

“Can you tell me about it when it’s all over?”

Cassie nodded. “I really have to go.”

I hugged her tight and smiled. “Thanks.”

“No problem, princess.” She hugged me back and sighed. "Still, do be safe."

"I will."

When the Capetians left, I decided to try out my powers one more time, without being in the maze. It could work. The maze was not the only place where I felt relaxed and maybe, just maybe, things would work out. I went upstairs and entered my room. After lighting a few scented candles and turning off the lights, I turned on the air-conditioning and lay down the bed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Almost immediately, the room became cooler and I became more relaxed as it did so. For at least half an hour, I was lying down, trying to clear my mind. Then my concentration was ruined, when I felt a presence in the room.

I immediately sat up and looked around the dimly lit room. “Who’s there?”

“It’s me.” It was Eric’s voice and suddenly my spine began to tingle.

What’s he doing now? “I can’t see you.”

“I know,” He chuckled. “What are you doing, by the way?”

“Nothing that concerns you.” I looked around to see his shadow but to no avail. “Can you please turn on the lights, even with the candles I can’t see you.”

“I’m right here.” I felt his breath in my ear and I jumped.

“What the hell are you doing?” I got off the bed and turned the switch. “Eric, if you think this is funn-” I stopped and looked at his face. He looked so dangerously handsome, that I could not help but stare. Eric's features were neither like Warren's nor were they like any other person's; his features were that unique. It almost looked like he was sculpted to tempt women.

“I’m really sorry about this,” Eric stood up and put his hands in his pocket. “But...I’m quite attached to you.”

My eyes widened. “Wh-what?” As he started speaking, I began to think. I closed my eyes and tried my best to put him in a place where I would feel safe with him around. Despite the fact that he was acting like a normal person, Eric was still a vampire and I hated his kind and I could never be comfortable being in a room with one. When I opened my eyes, we were back in the maze and I suddenly felt much better.

Eric raised his brow. “H-how did we get to the academy? Are you a traveller?”

I gulped. “Yes, I am.” I closed my eyes and imagined Warren and Tom calling my name. “You better go. They’re looking for me.”

He sighed. “They’re really getting on my nerves.” Eric quickly walked over to me and put his hand on my cheek. “It’s like I met you before. Way before the party. Maybe years ago, I’m not sure. Have we?”

I shook my head. “I didn’t know about your kind until just recently.”

“I’ll think about it more,” He replied and within seconds he disappeared. When I sure that he had left, I took a deep breath and sure enough, the setting changed back to my room, as if nothing had happened. I felt my forehead and suddenly felt sharp pains all around. The whole room was spinning and my heart seemed to have been beating faster as seconds passed. Then once again, everything turned black and the spinning finally stopped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users