• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#46 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

Aw thanks Tanya. :lol: Poor Malena. She's a mother. It's when she was raped...right? Wait... she was- wasn't she?
And Dante. He's so mysterious. I want to know more. I still think he's hot. Lol.

And your comment above... I'm looking for my old friend too. >_< I bet he's all grown up now. I miss him so much.

-Amy

That's my guess. I mean, they didn't use protection, did they? Well, there was no such thing in those days.
But, please explain in your next update, Tanya.

Nat XxoxX

#47 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Aw thanks Tanya. :lol: Poor Malena. She's a mother. It's when she was raped...right? Wait... she was- wasn't she?
And Dante. He's so mysterious. I want to know more. I still think he's hot. Lol.

And your comment above... I'm looking for my old friend too. >_< I bet he's all grown up now. I miss him so much.

-Amy

That's my guess. I mean, they didn't use protection, did they? Well, there was no such thing in those days.

Nat XxoxX

#48 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

^And if there WAS protection, like HELL was that man going to use it. He didn't give a damn until she practically got Dante to assassinate him. xD

-Amy

#49 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

i loveddd the update tanya!!! dante is sooo @_@ wow. lol. he is enigmatic!!! so mysterious...and hot. and even though hes a demon, hes caring!! and and hes respectable and deep. remember the conversation he had with malena?

“These are just situations that you cannot comprehend if you do not know the reason. I advise you to guard yourself, my lady. I thought you had lost trust in everyone but me.” Dante looked down at her caramel head, waiting for a reply.

“But I still trust my late father, and the people he trusts. I do not want to scar his memory,” she said, clenching her fists.

“Ah, there you have wrong,” the butler leaned forward to whisper in her ear, “humans are not what they seem. They can easily show a kind face, and turn their backs on you at the same time. They are willing to betray each other for their own selfishness and greed.” Dante withdrew from her ear slowly, and Malena saw his normal black eyes had turned a lighter shade of crimson.

“I am a human. Are you saying that I am a betrayer as well?” She looked up at the eyes that started to turn golden.

“You have betrayed Linares, and played him for a fool.” Dante’s lips twisted into a wry smile.

“How have I betrayed him?” Malena asked, feeling a sharp pain in her throat.

“You are toying with the love he has for you, my dear lady.” Dante bowed to his mistress, his arm sweeping before him. His eyes met hers when he raised himself from the bow. “I am sure you know that. He loves you, and yet you do not return his love. You betrayed the image he has of you in his heart.”

“I have no love left in me,” Malena replied sharply, annoyed by the censure her butler had given her. “I cannot give what I do not have.”

Dante smiled wanly. “I will go back now, my lady. Remember to be wary of everyone. You cannot trust anyone but me in this world.”

i got goosebumps reading the last part!!! because its true for both of them. they cant trust anyone other than themselves @_@ their conversation really made my skin crawl cause of its depth!!

^And if there WAS protection, like HELL was that man going to use it. He didn't give a damn until she practically got Dante to assassinate him. xD

-Amy

lol! xD dante is so cool!! nevermind if he's a a demon! lol.

havent you guys noticed something about ramon?

“Hello, my dear Malena,” the old man said, smiling up at the daughter of his best friend. He held a goblet of wine in one hand. “It has been a long time since we met.”

“Yes, it has,” Malena replied politely. “How have you been, Uncle Ramon?”

and

Her voice rasped. Her eyes opened, but he could only see the whites. “Kill…Ramon…Ostrea…Ramon Ostrea…”

why Ramon Ostrea? what did he do? why was he trying to poison her? :D :D omgg this is getting SOOOO good.

haha linares was drunk, and a lot of guys were jealous of him. lol.

Their classroom was just opposite ours, with windows facing each other. During classes, I usually found myself staring through the window, looking into their classroom. I was caught staring at him once, by his sister (who was in the same class as him). It was so EMBARRASSING!! I was daydreaming, and staring at his profile when his sister saw me and pointed me to him!! They both looked through the glass to look at me.

lol!!! hahaha. its okay tanya!

#50 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

OMGG I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING!!!!

“My name is Vida. It was the name given to me by the man who left me in the care of Granny Orchid. It means ‘life’.”

Dante knelt down in front of the little girl, and took her thin hand in his. “Vida, welcome home.

^how did he know what the child's name was??? OR he could be the man who left Vida with that granny.

so exciting!!!

ANDDD dont you think its awesome that dante named her life? because Vida could have been easily killed if Malena wanted it to be, because she came from the man who killed her parents. :D aww dante is really awesome!!!

#51 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

omgg i cant wait for the next update!!! @_@ im on the edge of my seat

I WANT MORE DANTE!!!

Dante is pure enigma combined with hotness.

who cares if hes a demon? :P hes fiction anyway, so were allowed to drool over him. BUT if he were NOT fiction, like HELL i would think a demon is hot. lol. im strictly catholic :P but being catholic does not in any way affect how i feel for dante. because dante is nice. and mysterious. and hot. and kind. and reallly really deep.

and im crushing on him :P

#52 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

i loveddd the update tanya!!! dante is sooo @_@ wow. lol. he is enigmatic!!! so mysterious...and hot. and even though hes a demon, hes caring!! and and hes respectable and deep. remember the conversation he had with malena?

i got goosebumps reading the last part!!! because its true for both of them. they cant trust anyone other than themselves @_@ their conversation really made my skin crawl cause of its depth!!

lol! xD dante is so cool!! nevermind if he's a a demon! lol.

havent you guys noticed something about ramon?

and

why Ramon Ostrea? what did he do? why was he trying to poison her? :D :D omgg this is getting SOOOO good.

haha linares was drunk, and a lot of guys were jealous of him. lol.

^how did he know what the child's name was??? OR he could be the man who left Vida with that granny.

so exciting!!!

ANDDD dont you think its awesome that dante named her life? because Vida could have been easily killed if Malena wanted it to be, because she came from the man who killed her parents. :D aww dante is really awesome!!!

Lol, you're incredible. I can't believe you got all of that.

-Amy

#53 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

ahhh!!
how could i have missed the update?! how?!
anyways, it was a very wonderful update..
hahahha..vida..i have a cousin with the same name as hers..
coolios..update soon..=)

☺Leah☺

#54 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

^oh wow, really? thats awesome. did she know her name meant life?

#55 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

hahaha..yeah..
she even told me that her dad's side of the family were arguing about who'll get the name vida..
cause on every generation of their family one girl will be named vida..
her full name is vida lyn..the lyn meaning water..
so her name means water of life..hahaha..isn't her name awesome?

☺Leah☺

#56 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

lol! thats so cool! hahaha.

hey, what do you think of dante? :D isnt he cool?

sorry, im fangirling over him right now xD

#57 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

Malena opened her eyes, then closed them again to shut away the intense sunlight that poured forth from the arched sash window. She pulled the thick blanket over her head to block out the remaining sunlight from her view. She did not welcome the world yet, and found that she was more comfortable lying on bed with her feather pillow beneath her head. She had to be honest with herself. She still did not want to see that little girl who was the reminder of that terrible night.

“Good morning, my lady.”

She did not move underneath her thick blanket even when she heard the deep, velvet voice of her butler.

“My lady, it is past your waking hours. Oversleeping is as bad as not sleeping at all.”

The blanket was suddenly turned over, and she shivered at the sudden coldness that enveloped her entire body. She was wearing only a thin cotton nightgown that barely concealed her ankles. She curled up into a ball.

“Can you not see that I am still sleeping?” Malena said angrily while her teeth chattered. She clamped her teeth together, forcing it to stop.

“Why are you so stubborn today, milady? Lord Linares is waiting for you at the breakfast table.”

Malena narrowed her eyes. “Fine. Leave at once so I can change to something appropriate.”

“Yes, my lady.”

She heard the door close quietly behind him. She uncurled herself and got out of bed, stalking towards her armoire to pick out an ornate velvet gown. After she had changed and combed her hair, she went down the stairs to the dining hall. Linares had already seated himself at the end of the dining table, and though he seemed like he had waited a long time for her appearance, he had not touched the food that had been sitting patiently at the middle of the table.

Dante stood at the other end of the table, and pulled the chair back for his mistress.

“Bring me some of the Earl Gray tea that I have come to like,” Malena told him.

“Yes, my lady.” Dante bowed, and left for the kitchen.

Malena started on picking food from the plates, but did not so much as glance as Linares, who sat silently at the other end of the table.

“Good morning, my love,” Linares said, breaking into a smile that would have melted the hearts of angels. He was still in a good mood. He had woken up this morning with a heavy head, only to find out that the room was not his. In fact, it was one of the rooms in Malena’s manor. He came to the conclusion that she had taken care of him over the night. It was finally like the old Malena came back to him! But right now, seeing her expressionless face, he began to doubt his assumption.

“After you eat, you will go back to Bronwyn,” Malena said, her eyes focused on the beef cutlet she was slicing on her plate.

Malena had not lifted her eyes to meet his, and Linares heart sank. She was definitely still the same cold Malena he had begun to get used to. He sighed, and started eating.

When they finished breakfast, Linares gathered his things and stood by the entryway of the mansion, bidding his goodbyes. Malena stood beside him, waiting impatiently for his departure. This was the first time Linares had slept the night at her manor, and he treasured the memory forever in his heart. Even with her aloofness, he could still see the Malena of old, buried deep beneath the layers of defense she was putting up. He still loved her, and would do anything to see her smile again; not a fake smile that she so willingly showed in front of others, but a genuine smile that melted people’s hearts. Just the way her youthful smile had melted his.

Before he was about to step out of the threshold, he caught sight of a little girl with caramel hair. He could not help stare at the child who so much resembled Malena in her youth. It was like seeing a walking version of the young Malena herself! The real Malena, however, followed his gaze, and when she saw the bright child with eyes that sparkled with uninhibited joy, she tried to close her heart to the sudden anger and revulsion she felt spin inside her. Despite the rolling of emotions within her, she kept her mask on, afraid that Linares would know of the truth.

“Why, it’s little Malena!” Linares said laughingly. “Come here!” He knelt to one knee on the marble floor, with his arms outstretched.

Vida, wondering at this gesture, could only move forward until she was caught in his arms, and was twirled around the entrance hall. She could not stop herself from giggling and squealing in delight when he started to throw her high up in the air, then catch her with a calculated grace. She liked the beautiful smile that he gave her, and thought that this man was perhaps her father. Who else would be standing by her mother’s side but her father? She cuddled closer to him, and wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling like she was the happiest girl in the world to have found both her parents.

Linares stood with Vida still in his arms. He turned to Malena, his eyes still dancing with merriment. “Who is this child? She resembles you when you were younger! It must be wonderful to have a little doll like her to play with.”

Malena wanted to sigh in relief. He had not caught on. His trust in her was too unbreakable, that the thought of her having another man’s child would never cross his pure mind.

“That child’s name is Vida. She was the child bandit you saw yesterday eve, when one of my male servants started a tumult at the entryway of the courtyard.” Malena clasped her gloved hands together.

“I would never have thought that the dirty child bandit would be a miniature version of you.” Linares laughed, descending himself to put the little girl back on her feet. He walked to the door, but a tug on his coat jacket stopped him from leaving. He turned and looked down to see the child.

“When are you coming back, father?” Vida asked, hope rising in her voice.

Father? Linares felt a warm pull in his heart. This little girl didn’t seem to have a family of her own, so it was only right for him to be a father figure, with Malena as the mother figure of this little lonesome creature. He patted her fatherly on the head, and said, “I’ll be back soon. Just wait for me, Vida.”

The girl’s smile was as bright as Malena’s had been when she was that age, that he felt much more endearing to the child. He walked towards Malena, and out of habit, kissed her cheek without thinking twice about it. Malena looked quite cross, but it was enough for him to have caused an expression on her usually impassive face. He walked out the door, and closed it gently behind him.

Vida was staring at the closed door, with her mouth slightly parted. This was the first time he had met her father, and it was such a wonderful experience to her. Her father looked like the prince from the tattered storybook she kept back in Sterva. Her mother also looked like the princess. She felt so happy with this new found discovery, she didn’t even notice Malena’s glare.

“Who is your father?” Malena asked, her hands on her hips. She did not want this little child to think of them as family. She never was family, and never would be.

“That man with the golden hair…” Vida said unsteadily, squirming beneath the piercing gaze. She remembered what the butler had told her; that her mother was suffering somewhat and that all Vida had to do was understand her.

“He is not your father,” Malena said. “And I am not your mother. I do not need you anymore, so you can go back to your hometown. I do not care.” She turned away, and walked to the direction of staircase.

Vida was not hurt at all. Her mother was probably so deeply hurt inside that she would say whatever things that came into her head. Of course the beautiful lady was her mother. There was no doubting it. She could feel the tug deep within her heart, and even her father had said that they looked similar. Now, it was a thought. What truly ailed her mother? Surely it was not something so light. It would have been gone in earlier days. What truly caused her mother to harden her heart? This was what she wanted to know.

~③~

“You called me, my lady?” Dante stood before the large rustic table, awaiting the orders of his mistress.

“Yes.” Malena leaned forward in her chair to grab a few documents that were about to fall off her desk. “I want you to investigate Ramon Ostrea. Ask the people in his city what they think of him and what happened to him after my parents’ death.”

Dante did not want to tell his mistress that he had already, by all means, researched everything there was to know about Ramon Ostrea. He had gone to the city of Atol months ago, and had asked the townspeople about Ramon Ostrea. He had gathered many interesting facts about this person, and wanted to share it with his mistress as soon as possible. However, he didn’t want to tell her about her nightmares and how he had spoken Ramon’s name from out of the blue. Her nightmares were somehow connected to the murder of her parents ten years ago, and he knew that if this Ramon Ostrea was the culprit behind the murder, his mistress would certainly lose all rational thought and would charge at him without thinking of the consequences. He didn’t want that to happen. He decided that it was best for him to present the information to his mistress in the late afternoon when she would be sipping her tea gingerly and eating the luscious cakes that Dante had the talent of creating.

Dante entered the chamber a few hours later to present the lady with the written information, and her mid-afternoon snacks.

“My lady, I made you two mini cakes this afternoon. They are filled with chocolate ganache, and are covered with regular marshmallow fondant.” He served the mini cakes on two separate small porcelain plates, and placed them in front of her. He poured her a cup of tea with an expert hand.

“I am amazed that you have retrieved the information about Ramon in a few couple of hours,” the lady said.

“I am, after all, your butler, my lady. I live on this Earth to serve you in my most capable way.” Dante handed the papers to his mistress, and she took it with a slight smile on her lips. She perused through each of the words, her slight smile disappearing as each sentence passed. There was a person who attested that the Baron Ramon Ostrea held a grudge towards the late Earl of Rosello. He had heard him talk about it to the innkeeper with a mug of ale in his hand. He was obviously drunk while he chattered on about his hate towards the late Earl, but the person had noticed that despite his drunken stupor, he was obviously not embellishing his hatred. Angry, Malena crumpled the parchment in her hand, throwing it over her desk. She pounded her fist on the table, rattling the fine china tea set. The tea sloshed to one side, and it dripped down the side of the elaborate ceramic cup.

“Write a letter to my uncle,” she gnashed her teeth at the last word, “telling him that I am to pay him a visit to his manor house.” A corner of her lip turned upwards into a malevolent smile. “Tell him that I am visiting because I miss him.”

Dante’s lips also curved into a smile. He could see what his mistress was planning very well, but he hoped that she would continue to think on a sensible note. He bowed to her in a graceful arch that he had employed for several centuries. “Yes, my lady.”

Malena could not forgive Ramon for speaking ill of her father. Her father was kind, and no one she knew ever thought ill of him. What made him loathe her father so? Was that good-natured front she had seen when she was a child, only a mask that had been painstakingly crafted over the years? She wanted to know the reason behind this. She would never forgive someone who had lied not only to her parents, but also to her. She had trusted Ramon completely because he was a friend of her father’s, but everything now changed, and she would discover why he had poisoned her and why he hung on to this abhorrence.

The reply to her letter came quickly in no less than two weeks. They said they were especially pleased that she would come, and they made all the necessary preparations for her visit.

Malena, with the help of her personal maids, packed a few belongings into a trunk which Dante carried on his shoulder to the awaiting carriage just outside the gates. The maids looked after Dante’s capable figure with an adoration that Malena found rather annoying. Malena cleared her throat, and the women started to break from whatever trance they were in, and help her dress in her favorite traveling attire made of tan colored challis with brown tape edgings on cuffs, bib and ends of van ^%#$ trim.

“Mother, when are you coming back?” Vida asked when she saw Malena step down the stairs, dressed in traveling attire. The other chamber maids had heard of what the little child had said, and wondered if Malena was truly her mother. They could scarcely believe it though. The little girl was just a street urchin before the young lady took her in. There was no way she could be her daughter.

Malena threw an irritated glance towards the child, who was looking at her with eyes that glistened. “Why are you still here?”

The child did not answer, afraid that she would further displease her mother.

Malena sighed. “Do as you wish, then. I will be back soon enough.” She turned and went through the arched doorway, disappearing from the little girl’s sights.

Vida hoped that her mother would return soon. She had begun knitting a scarf, with the help of some of the young maids in the manor, and she was making it purposefully for her mother, hoping that she would loose the dreadful dark stone that had replaced her heart.

~③~

With Dante driving the carriage, it took only less than three hours for them to travel to Atol, a city which would probably have taken normal travelers a good six hours on the journey. This made Ramon quite shocked when he saw Malena’s carriage pull up in front of his house. He quickly told his knaves to hasten their tidying of the guest room in which Malena would stay. His wife and daughter dressed up in their best, applying rice powder to their faces and tinting their lips and cheeks with rouge. They wanted to impress the lady who held everyone captivated by her charm and elegance, and wanted to show her that they were, of course, as similar as her; an outstanding beauty with no comparisons.

The wife and the daughter pushed away the curtains of the window to look over the beautiful lady that was slowly stepping down the carriage.

“Mother!” the daughter shrieked. “She is obviously not applying anything to her face, yet why is she so…” She stomped her feet on the floor, her arms wringing her full silk skirts.

“There now, Cassandra,” the elder woman said, patting her daughter on the shoulder. “Some are just blessed with beauty, as she is. Remember her late parents, the Earl and Lady of Rosello?”

Cassandra bit her lip, hoping that they would become even redder than the Lady Malena’s, even with the rouge. “Yes. I remember them. I hate them!” She shrieked into her cupped hands.

“Stop your tantrums, child!” her mother scolded. She turned back to face the window, and saw a young handsome butler carrying his mistress’ trunk out from the carriage. “Well, well,” she purred.

“What? What?” Cassandra asked eagerly, pushing back the curtains to see a clearer view of the person her mother seemed interested in. “Oh! Oh! How handsome he is!”

“Cassandra, he is merely a butler,” her mother said with her chin up. “His status is way below yours, you have to know that.”

“I know,” Cassandra grumbled. “Why does that Malena woman have to have him as well?” Her lips curved into a sneer. “Perhaps Malena is fond of handsome men to play with.”

Her mother pinched Cassandra’s mouth, and she wailed in pain. “Do not speak of the lady like that!” Cassandra’s eyes welled up with tears. “She is a respectable woman who has earned the admiration of the Kapitan Heneral himself!” Cassandra’s eyes widened with shock. “If you know your manners, you should know not to speak ill of her. She is protected by many elites. If anyone of her friends heard you then,” her mother’s eyes widened in feigned terror, “I do not know what will become of you.”

Cassandra pushed her mother’s hand away with a cry. “Stop! Stop! Stop talking about her as if she is my grim reaper. I was jesting, could you not see it?” She tidied the curls that dropped to her shoulder irately. “I won’t speak ill of her again, I swear it. I was just jealous, that’s all.”

“Cassandra! Claudia!” a thundering bellow came from the first story.

Cassandra and her mother were as quick as lightening as they ran down the narrow staircase with their large, voluminous skirts blocking each of their paths. They were slightly exhausted when they came face to face with the Lady and her butler, and they tried everything they could to surreptitiously hide the sweat that started to form in droplets at the sides of their faces.

“Malena, this is my wife the Baroness Claudia,” Ramon said, gesturing to his wife with a plump hand.

“It is my pleasure to meet you, baroness,” Malena dropped into a deep curtsy. The baroness had forgotten about her current fashion demise, and hastily bobbed a curtsy.

“This is my daughter, Cassandra,” Ramon said, gesturing to the girl who was barely in her adult years. “Is she not beautiful, my lady?”

Malena quickly scrutinized the girl with ebony hair. Her nose was small, and her lips were too thin and red. Her face was also abnormally whiter than her neck, with blots of red on her cheeks. She could say the same for the mother. “Yes, she is,” she lied. Ramon looked pleased.

“This is my butler, Dante,” Malena said, making a motion towards the man that stood beside her.

The butler looked more handsome in closer distance, Cassandra thought. She had always been attracted to ebony-haired men. She liked men who had the same color of hair as her. This Dante guy was also very tall, she mused. The old woman—no, young beautiful lady Malena stood only until his shoulder. The color of his eyes attracted Cassandra, too. She had never seen an eye color that was so dark, you could not decipher its true shade. If only the man wasn’t a butler, she could have had him in bed. Wait. That was a good idea. He was merely a butler. Having a secret rendezvous with him, then hurrying off to some place secret was absolutely perfect. It wasn’t like she was going to marry him or anything. He was just someone who could pass her time. This was indeed a very good plan.

Cassandra pressed the back of her hand to her forehead, and pretended to faint in Dante’s direction. He caught her by the shoulders, with an eyebrow arched at this translucent performance.

“My dear girl!” Ramon shouted. “Are you ill?”

“Whatever is wrong with you, Cassandra?” Claudia asked, knowing that it was all an act of her daughter’s.

Malena could not tell if the girl was faking or not, as she could not establish a clear reason why the girl would want to be in her butler’s arms. But perhaps the young daughter could be a good pawn in her game. She said, “Dante, you can help her to her room, can’t you?”

Ramon said, “That’s not necessary, my lady Malena. I’m sure your butler is quite busy.”

“It is fine with me,” Malena said, dismissing the overall topic. “Does your family practice teatime?”

“Y-Yes!” the baroness said zealously. “Come this way to the dining hall, we’ll have your tea ready.”

Dante had gone up the stairs with the young lady acting limp by his side. He had seen many a woman try these exaggerated performances in front of him, and this was by far the worst he had ever seen.

“Where is your bedchamber, milady?” Dante asked. Cassandra weakly pointed a lace gloved finger to her door.

“Then I may take my leave,” Dante said when he had opened her door for her.

“No,” she said hoarsely. “Stay with me.”

Dante raised an eyebrow. “Now I do not doubt your illness.”

“I am very ill,” she said unctuously, pulling Dante into her room. When she had finally gotten him in, she locked the door and pushed him against it, tracing circles on the front of his black vest.

“My lady,” Dante tried to stop her hands from making anymore circles, “I do not think this is appropriate for us.”

Cassandra threw her head back and attempted an enchantress’ laugh. “No one will know if it.”

Dante wondered why his mistress had asked him to accompany the daft daughter of her newborn enemy. Was it because she could use her and extract information about her father? Yes, this was a most likely reason. His mistress had always been calculating. He started to smile. It was now his job to make this young lady fall in love with him so much, she could not dare say no to whatever his mistress asks of her.

#58 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Heyyy guys! Thanks for all your comments! :blush:

Malena is a mother!!!!?????

Or is the little girl lying?

Sadly, yes :unsure:

-Amy

Yep. It's when she was raped :(
Cool! You're looking for your old friend too? xD How long have you guys not seen each other?

Nat XxoxX

I gave subtle hints in the recent update ;)

so exciting!!!

lol! I love you and katfaye's enthusiasm! :lol: *huggles* You have a sharp eye! hahaha. I put those in, hoping you guys could put two and two together :P There may be more of those missing puzzle pieces in further updates ^_^

Gosh, I never knew you could get finger cramps from typing too much! That's basically what I've been doing these past weeks O_O my but hurts like hell too >_>"

Much♥,
Tanya

#59 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

hahahaha..
nice update..
hey was vida's dad a cute guy?
because vida turned out to be pretty..
just some random question..
nice update by the way..
poor vida..hhuhuhuhu..
hope malena softens up a little for vida..
katfaye..yep dante is cool..hahahaha..
update soon tanya!

☺Leah☺

#60 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

Yep. It's when she was raped :(
Cool! You're looking for your old friend too? xD How long have you guys not seen each other?

Much♥,
Tanya

Poor Malena. >_< But she seems to have gotten quite well hasn't she?
Yeah, I'm looking for my friend as well. I'm not ACTIVELY taking part. Because I can't remember his second name- don't blame me yet... he was my best friend, but we were so small back then!- all I remember is his first name and last initial. That'll always be with me. I haven't seen him in 10 years. :(

-Amy

#61 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

Wow! Awesome chapter!

I'm amazed at how smart Malena is. I mean, I always thought she was smart, but manipulating Cassandra was pretty ingenious.

Something about the way she acted when the maids were staring at Dante makes me think she might love him too... just a theory, however.

Update soon!

:heartbeat: Sara

#62 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:53 AM

omgggg cassandra is a beeyatch!!!!! i DONT WANT her to jump in bed with MY DANTE!!! GRRR. she infuriates me.

Hey guys. :D Sorry for the double posting, but I need some advice. >_<

So a friend of mine, K, texted me awhile ago, and asked me if I could run as President in their party (this is for the Student Council). The VP would be a Junior, K would the secretary, the treasurer is also a Junior but K still doesn't know who the Auditor would be. I've run on a party twice, but I only won once, with the position of Vice President I had last year. I get REALLY nervous easily, and sometimes I lose confidence and stutter my words, even though I don't mean to. (I knew I should have stayed in the acting workshop over the summer to keep my confidence -__-"). But anyway, that's the major flaw I have, and it really annoys me. It's just that I can't stop the blood from pounding in my ears and I can't stop words from faltering when I'm nervous ('cause I forget the words I had originally in my head). When I won as VP last year, it was good. Yeah, I had to make a speech in front of the entire student body plus the teachers, and I was reallyyy nervous and though my speech was supposed to be long, I had forgotten half of it and cut it right there in the middle, ending it with something cliche like, "I will do my best as vice president bla bla."

But students really don't care who'd win or not, and they vote for popularity. -__-" It's a sad thing to know that you're voted not because they think you're capable (while some do), but because they know you more than the other contestant. I seriously don't want to go through with the planning again, nor all the hassle of introducing your party to each student classrooms and etc. and I don't want to make a crappy speech again. But the thing is, I like making my own rules and people following them. :P Okay, I'm not bossy or anything, but I like telling people what to do, and I like having the pleasure of knowing that they're willing to follow me. I've been class President numerous times since grade school, so maybe that's why I want to experience it now with the whole school in the palm of my hands. BWAHAHAHA. Which makes me realize...I only get nervous sometimes; when I feel intimidated.

And the party running against our party is very intimidating. They're my friends, but they're popular too and they're all on the honor roll. The guy running for President was the class Pres last year, and I told him that I wasn't going to run this year because I wanted to be the class Pres. But if both of us ran for Presidency, then one of us is going to lose and that person would be class president. So there's no worrying about how our class would fare. >__< I had run against him 2 years ago with the position as Auditor, and he won by 5 votes. He's really popular, and he's very leader-y. He's like the big brother of our class and they look up to him (well, he is 20 years old. He still looks as young (and short) as us though lol). He's funny and really smart (he's either the 1st or 2nd rank in class).

So...

I dunno.

Should I run for President? :| Even though I've ran before...I'm still scared.

I hate that feeling when you don't know who won for the candidacy, and your heart is thumping so wildly in your chest it's almost like you can't breathe. And then you feel the sinking feeling of loss. It really hurts! D: But winning...wow. The emotion you feel is just amazing. You feel lightheaded and like you're walking on air!

Well, I hope none of my classmates are a stalker and find what I've written on this thread -___-" a guy friend of mine used to check out this site a lot and look at all my posts. It was soo annoying.

The reason why I didn't want to run for this school year (for us, school starts on the third week of June), is because I'm aiming for class valedictorian. I can't concentrate on my studies if I have council work to do -__-" (which I remember clearly last year. Gosh, we were hecka busy). OOooh *slaps forehead* that's why my grades decreased last year! Crap! Grrr.

Okay. I changed my mind. I am SOOOOO NOT going to run for Presidency. J can win for Pres and I'll just take the 1st rank spot from under his nose :D PERFECTTTT.

I'm sorry for this nonsense post >__<

Much♥,
Tanya

wow tanya!!! i never knew you were an exemplary student :P and wow...you were vp last year. i think i remember you mentioning that in your other thread before! wowwww. *hi-fives* but for all its worth, i think you would be a great president :) and i think your real popular in your school too! i would so want to meet you in person.

hahahaha..
nice update..
hey was vida's dad a cute guy?
because vida turned out to be pretty..
just some random question..
nice update by the way..
poor vida..hhuhuhuhu..
hope malena softens up a little for vida..
katfaye..yep dante is cool..hahahaha..
update soon tanya!

☺Leah☺

i feel sorry for vida too :( she only wants the best for her mother but malena hates her.

and lol on that question if the dad was handsome! hahaha

Poor Malena. >_< But she seems to have gotten quite well hasn't she?

-Amy

gotten quite well? what do you mean? :)

Wow! Awesome chapter!

I'm amazed at how smart Malena is. I mean, I always thought she was smart, but manipulating Cassandra was pretty ingenious.

Something about the way she acted when the maids were staring at Dante makes me think she might love him too... just a theory, however.

Update soon!

yeah malena's ingenious! lol. making cassandra a pawn in her game...i cant wait to know more!! but i dont want cassandra to do anything PHYSICAL with dante (you know what i mean). ill hate cassandra forever if she jumps in the sack with him :evil:

yeah i felt that too! maybe malena was jealous or something! hahaha. i bet she was! why would she feel annoyed about it if she wasnt? :P

#63 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

Dante had gone up the stairs with the young lady acting limp by his side. He had seen many a woman try these exaggerated performances in front of him, and this was by far the worst he had ever seen.

this made me laugh! hahaha :heartbeat:

#64 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

“No,” she said hoarsely. “Stay with me.”

Dante raised an eyebrow. “Now I do not doubt your illness.”

wooohoooo!~

Dante has a sense of humor! lol xD

this is getting sooooooooo exciting!! im at the edge of my seat. please update soon tanya!!!

#65 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

heyyy guyss! :D :D Just so you know, this story is almost at its end. Well, not really. It's in the middle. Kind of. I don't know >__< I was daydreaming about this story the whole day yesterday and in my mind, it came by realllyy fast. But once it's written, it seems to be long, so I dunno lol. But this story is intended to be short; a little less than a hundred pages. I can't wait to finish this one so that I can get on with another...xD I don't want my freedom to be taken away by school just yet...-___-" it's drawing closer and closer, and I'm making use of the time I have right now haha.

Well, I know the ending already...and because I'm a really emotional person, I got teary-eyed and my throat tightened *is kind of embarrassed* Well...I can't help it. It's like watching a movie in my head and *sobs* I won't spoil anything though ;) But I'm not sure if you guys'll get teary-eyed just like me when you'll read the ending and the epilogue. Maybe, maybe not :P

Three

The whole town of Atol was talking about the Lady Malena’s temporary lodging at the Baron Ramon’s manor house. This made the Ostrea’s reputation soar to greater heights that it made the Baroness appear more pompous each day. If Malena wanted to stay at their home for a year, she was only too willing to comply. The Baroness, who was so concentrated by her sudden rise in popularity, was not aware of her daughter’s unexpected change of attitude.

If anyone noticed this transformation, it was their servants. They would see the young lady and the beauteous Malena’s butler at night, walking along the rose bushes that lined the inner gate. The servants knew how the young lady Cassandra had always gotten the men she wanted, and this was no exception. The lady Malena’s butler had become captivated with the young lady, that they felt sorry for him when she would finally be bored of their love, and cut off all ties with him. To the servants, he was only another name added to her long list of lovers.

There was another man Malena became wary of in the Ostrea household. He was introduced to her by Ramon as his trusted adviser, and that reason alone made Malena detest the man. He was only a littler bit older than her, but the intelligence that palpably showed in his eyes made her somewhat intimidated. There was no other man that intimidated her as much as he did her, and was scared that her true intentions would surface if he caught her with her shields down.

This trusted adviser, who was named Luke, was a formidable opponent. He watched her as if he was expecting her to kill Baron Ramon, which Malena felt like doing, any moment. He watched her like a cat would to his prey, and his dark eyes, as dark as Dante’s, caused a shiver to ripple across her skin in a manner that made her somewhat alarmed. No one had ever caused this feeling in her before, and the chill continued to spread up her arms until she could not take it anymore. She wanted Dante to extort vital information from his captive immediately, but Dante said that he still needed time to extract the information, so that the young lady, of whom he was entrancing, would not question the motive of his query.

Dante had already effectively captured Cassandra’s heart. It was not hard for him. He had been ordered to seduce noble women in the last four centuries, and though it was a job he considered to be insignificant, it was one of the few he also considered to be pleasurable. It was easy to win a woman’s heart. With the right timing and words, they would faint right into his arms, and would follow whatever he said; which was usually what his master wanted him to say or do.

Malena was staring blankly at the canopy overhead. The light from the sconces, and the candle in Dante’s hand, illuminated the Arabic patterns that weaved together in an endless tale of color and harmony. She still could not sleep. The look Luke had in his eyes was embedded to the back of her eyelids, and it was what she saw every time she closed her eyes. His look could be compared to that of a black abyss; an endless hole filled with undisclosed creatures that crawl in the oppressive emotion of hatred.

She didn’t realize she was sweating until Dante leaned over the bed with a towel, and wiped her forehead. She sighed, feeling at ease. He always had the ability of relieving her from fear. She didn’t want to admit that she felt the latter emotion, but she did. She always felt that sensation crawl up her skin in the late of nights. That was why she had ordered for Dante to stay with her until she slept fitfully. It was the only way to keep her at ease. She had always felt the fear run inside her every passing night, but on this night, it was becoming overwhelming. What caused this emotion to stir in her icy veins?

“Dante, what is it that you hold most dear?” Malena asked, wanting to forget the trepidation with a question.

“What I hold dear?” Dante was amused by his mistress’ query. He did not think she was so interested in his life. “Why do you think a demon like me has that?”

“Everyone does.” Malena turned to look at her butler’s face that was half shadowed by the candlelight. “Even I have that. Maybe not what you hold ‘dear’, but important. What is the most important thing to you?”

Dante looked thoughtful for a few seconds, then his lips arched into a hollow smile. “My memories. The memories that I have cultivated over time.”

“Over time?” Malena asked softly. “How long have you lived?”

“I have been on this Earth for eight centuries,” he replied. “I have had many masters that have made a contract with me, and I have experienced many things; things that will be kept in memories.”

“And what is so important about your memories?”

“The experiences have led me to become a better servant to my masters. I have learned from my past faults.”

“Faults?” Malena repeated, with a slight smirk on her lips. “Why, I did not think an infallible demon such as yourself could commit any fault.”

Dante’s lips twisted wryly. “Demons are like humans. We are imperfect. But we hold much power over you.”

Malena laughed. “And yet I can still command you, and you cannot do anything but abide my will.”

Dante’s lips curved down. “That is the truest tragedy.”

Malena smiled, wholly forgetting the fear that she had felt but a moment ago. She could sleep fitfully tonight, and it was all thanks to the butler that had never left her side. What he said was true. There was no one else she could trust in this world but him.

Dante waited until he could see the regular rise and fall of her chest beneath the covers. He presumed that she had already fallen asleep, and he waited a couple more minutes to ascertain this conjecture. While he waited by her bedside, his senses sharpened and he became aware of a presence that lingered just outside the door. The faint glow from the candles did not quite illume the shadow that opened the door with the precaution of one intending to do harm.

“Ah,” the figure said, his lips bent into an unseemly smile. “I knew you were here.” The faint light was enough to reveal the facial contours of the man, and Dante could only chuckle softly in spite.

“Hello Luke,” Dante said pleasantly. “What have you got there?” He looked pointedly at the short blade which he held proficiently in his hand. “Is that a present for me?”

“I apologize,” Luke said wryly, “but this is not for you. It is for your mistress.”

“Any present for my mistress has to go through me, you see,” Dante said amiably.

“Is that so?” Luke asked. In a split second, he had thrown a small dagger towards Malena’s sleeping figure. Dante caught it between his two fingers, without having to jar his sleeping mistress awake. He bent the dagger with his fingers effortlessly, as anyone could bend paper easily.

“I had always known there was something about you,” Dante said, throwing the bent dagger on the rugged floor.

“And I you,” Luke replied, looking particularly delighted by Dante’s previous performance. “I see that lady has made a contract with you.”

Dante only smiled coldly in response. “I suppose the Baron has made a contract with you as well.”

“Yes, it is what you think,” Luke said. “I have been ordered to kill your mistress discreetly tonight, but I can see that it won’t be in discreet after all.”

Dante gathered his mistress into his arms before another set of daggers could chance on striking her flesh. She was awoken by this action, and when she opened her eyes, what she saw was not the canopy, but her butler’s black vest. She could feel herself being moved smoothly around the room, and she could hear two voices speaking quietly, but loud enough for her ears to pick up. She didn’t realize her current situation until she caught sight of the man she had become to fear. He moved around so swiftly that she could only see the color of his jacket in the dim light.

“I see your princess has awoken,” Luke observed, suddenly appearing before her with his blade. Dante moved even more rapidly than him, and he was by the door in an instant before Luke could swing the blade into her chest.

“My, my. I didn’t expect you to become even more powerful than I,” Luke said appreciatively. “How can that be?”

Dante had opened the door of the chamber and was in the hallway, leaning against the railings that surrounded the second story. He still had his mistress in his arms, and was doing everything he could to make her comfortable.

“What is this?” Malena demanded. “Is he trying to kill me?”

“Unfortunately so,” Dante said. “But do not worry, my lady. I vowed to protect you, in honor of our contract.”

“I know that,” Malena grumbled. She saw Luke emerge from the threshold of her chamber, the small blade clutched in his hand. She said, inclining her face towards him, “Was it Ramon who ordered you to do this?”

“Yes, of course,” Luke said. “Who else would it be?”

Who else would it be? Malena thought. Why did he say such a thing? Luke tried to strike Dante many times with an agility Malena had thought impossible, but Dante kept on moving away from his blows with twice the man’s speed. Malena was quiet while she admired both men’s prowess.

The door next to Malena’s chamber opened suddenly, and out came a drowsy Cassandra in her nightdress. Luke and Dante immediately stopped in their action, but Cassandra did not take notice of their dispute. What she noticed, however, was the way that Malena looked secure in Dante’s arms. Dante was now her lover, so what was this?

“Dante!” Cassandra was fully awake now, and she stomped towards him with a puckered face. “Tell me what is the meaning of this!”

Luke didn’t want to involve his master’s daughter in any way, so he leaped over the banister to land softly on his feet on the first story. Cassandra did not even notice this, as she was busy glaring at her lover and his lady.

“Put me down,” Malena ordered, and Dante complied. She faced the enraged Cassandra with a somber expression. “I am sorry, my dear Cassandra. It is truly not what you think. My ankle had been hurting these days, and it came to me in the middle of the night when I walked down the stairs to fetch a cup of water.”

Cassandra almost believed the well-disguised lie. “But why did you not ask Dante to get the water for you?”

Malena replied easily, with the same earnest expression she had employed before, “It is because I did not want to disturb him in the late of nights. I have my own feet, and I could very well get water for myself.” She added, with a somewhat teasing tone, “Besides, I know that he is very tired from this evening’s rendezvous with a certain lady.”

The sconces against the far wall did not fail to display the blush that ever so slightly crept into Cassandra’s cheeks.

“Please do not speak of this to my parents!” Cassandra asked, holding Malena’s hands in hers. “They will disown me!”

Malena’s mouth turned upwards into a masked smile. “Of course I will not tell. This will be a secret kept between the two of us.” Cassandra’s eyes shined with gratitude.

“But in return for keeping this secret,” Malena whispered, “I shall have you do something for me.”

“Anything!” the young girl said, suddenly subservient to the lady. Malena pressed her right hand, which was still gloved, against the smile that started to spread across her face. This was not how she initially wanted to manipulate the vain girl, but this was still a satisfactory plan either way.

~×~

“I suppose, from the look on your face, that you have not accomplished this meager task?” Ramon asked the next morning in his office.

Luke bent his head to hide his feeling of ignominy. “I apologize, master. If your daughter had not involved herself, I would have killed both the butler and the lady in no time.” This was in fact, a very blatant lie. He could not even touch the butler who so carried the lady easily in his arms. He had deflected or eluded his pernicious attacks; attacks which he was certain would kill a normal human man instantaneously. But his opponent last night was not human at all. Just like himself.

“There is something about her butler that you must know about,” Luke said, raising his head to look at his master in the eye. “He is not what he seems.”

“What is so different about him?” Ramon asked, leaning forward in his chair. There was an obvious glint of malice in his eyes.

“He is like me. The lady has made a contract with a demon, who is her butler,” Luke replied.

Ramon was shocked, amused, then excited in just the span of a minute. He had always known there was something odd about the butler whose eyes were as black as a sable. He had wondered why Malena did not perish from the poison he had secretly placed into her wine. He surmised that the butler had probably known of his intentions, and pointed it out to the lady. Was this the real purpose of her sudden visit? Was this a subtle act of conflict? If that were so, then he certainly had the upper hand of things.

Ramon suddenly felt the ache of the pentacle that was engraved on the sole of his foot. He knew what this meant. The contract was almost complete. All he needed was to fulfill his vengeance towards the man he used to call friend.

~×~

“Cassandra, what do you know about your father’s hatred towards my own father?” Malena asked as she stroked the young lady’s hair gently. They were in her room, sitting together on the side of the bed.

Cassandra had started to like the lady Malena. She had never felt such admiration for anyone before, but this lady made her feel special, and she gave her a nice, warm feeling inside. She had not known why she had hated the lady before, but as of now, she loved her as she would have loved a caring older sister.

She recalled the many things that her father had occasionally spouted over the dinner table. He had always said coarse and vulgar things about Lord Salvador, but he never really talked about the reason behind it all. She remembered how her father laughed that night when he heard of the Rosello mansion burned to a cinder. She had always been petrified of her father, and those days when he would act insane, she would lock herself in her room to avoid his gaze. She told all of this to Malena, feeling an instant relief. She had never confessed these things to anyone before, and she was glad that she had someone to talk to about it.

It was hard for Malena to keep her face emotionless when inside, she was burning with anger. She had to leave the Ostrea’s manor before she would commit a murder before everyone’s eyes. She had to keep herself imperturbable before she could act and question the Baron about his motives. She did not like anyone maligning her father’s name, and in her eyes, this was considered a heavy sin. She needed a little more time to compose herself before confronting Ramon.

“Cassandra,” Malena said, “you promised you would do anything for me, did you not?”

“Yes!” Cassandra said eagerly.

“Then I will tell you what to do. Do you have the strength to ask your father about Lord Salvador? He and my father used to be great friends. I want to know why he abruptly changed his like to hatred in an instant.”

Cassandra tried to hide the shiver that briefly traversed her skin. “I—I…well…that…”

Malena looked at her with beseeching eyes. “You will not do this for me?” She lowered her eyes so that her long eyelashes fluttered against her high cheekbones. “I see that your love for my butler is not important for you. You would not care if I tell your parents about your affair…”

“No!” Cassandra said quickly. “I was hesitant at first, but now I am not. I will definitely ask my father for you!” She stood up, looking confident. “I will do this for you and my love.” She started for the door, then looked over her shoulder. “Just wait here, my lady. I will get the information you need. Just you wait here patiently.” She opened the door, and closed it quietly behind her.

“Your performance is quite top-notch.”

Malena turned to look at her butler, who had mysteriously appeared in her room. He was sitting on the windowsill, the translucent curtains billowing about him like a mist that wanted to obscure the charismatic demon that had everyone falling on their knees.

“She is a foolish girl,” Malena remarked.

Dante walked towards the bed, and leaned against a bedpost, looking down at his mistress. “Don’t you think Ramon already knows that I am a demon?”

“Yes, I think he has already known,” Malena replied. “He too, made a contract with another demon, and that is Luke. There was no wonder I felt” fear “something unusual about him.”

“Why would the Baron make a contract with a demon? Only those whose hatred is pure and inviolable can be offered a contract.”

“He loathes my father,” Malena said. “Is his hatred so inexorable that he wants to murder me too? He would have stopped when he knew of my father’s death. Why this ongoing hatred? I really do not understand.”

“Certainly the only person who knows the truth is he himself.”

~×~

Cassandra knocked on the door of her father’s office. No one answered, and just when she was about to turn the knob, she heard voices inside. She leaned in to press her ear against the wood. Despite her clear effort to eavesdrop, she could only decipher a few words. “Contract” “Pentacle” “Butler”

What contract? It must be a contract that her father has with his tenants. The pentacle? Was that not the sign of the Devil? She had seen the diagram of the pentacle on the Sacred Texts that was in Church. She had encountered a scripture that contained the details of the pentacle, and it was about humans who willingly sold their soul to the Devil in return for absolute power. The pentacle was a sign of the mark of the agreement, and it was said to be tattooed to the human’s flesh. It was silly. Who would, in their right mind, be willing to offer their soul? Yes, many people wanted power, but would they risk being damned for all eternity? No. Of course not.

She knocked on the door a little bit louder. “Father! May I have a word with you?”

Luke opened the door to reveal the young daughter. Cassandra pushed the door a little bit wider, and stalked in.

“Father!” she said.

“What is it?” Ramon looked exhausted, and he looked like he had aged fifty years overnight. “Tell me now.”

Cassandra started to falter in her confidence. “Well…I…”

“What?” Ramon demanded. He was in no mood to have idle chatter with his daughter.

“I just wanted to ask you why you hate Lord Salvador so much. It’s become quite odd, this hatred of yours, and I feel sorry for the Lady Malena,” Cassandra said this as fast as she could, wringing her silken skirts with trembling hands.

One of the Baron’s eyebrows quirked at this strange performance his daughter was giving him. How equally strange it was to have her interested in that lady’s life. What was it to her? Did she ask merely because she was curious? Or was it that she was asked to do so?

“He betrayed me,” the Baron answered truthfully, knowing that this would soon reach the lady’s ears. “That bastard betrayed me.”

Cassandra was speechless; she could not even dare to move because for an instant, she had caught a glimpse of the insanity that she had known only too well, appear as clear as morn in her father’s eyes. She picked up her skirts, and turned for the door; seeking solace from the lady whom she knew would understand and comfort her.

When she arrived at the lady’s chamber, she was so eager to tell of what her father said, that she did not notice how the chamber suddenly turned immaculate, and how the butler, her love, was carrying his mistress trunk on his shoulder and was making subtle movements to the door.

Malena’s face darkened when Cassandra finished her tale. She thanked the girl for asking, and stood up from the bed. She carefully arranged the bonnet on her head, and headed out the door.

“Where are you going?” Cassandra asked, turning pale. She noticed too late how the lady had suddenly switched to a traveling dress, and that her belongings which hung in the chamber but a moment ago, were gone.

“I am leaving,” Malena replied coolly from the threshold before disappearing into the hallway.

“No!” Cassandra ran to stop the lady from stepping any further. “Don’t go!” She clung to the lady’s cuffs, trying to stop the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Malena said slightingly, pulling her arm back from the girl’s snakelike grip. “I have to leave this house. You may contact my butler anytime you wish, if that is what you are asking.”

The girl could not speak any further. She had become so attached to the lady during the few days that she had been with her, that she could not bear to see her leave. Malena was the only person who treated her nicely, and she wanted to feel the love that her parents would never give her.

“My lady!” the baroness was running towards her, lifting her skirts to reveal her white ankles. “Why are you leaving so suddenly?” Her face was troubled. “Did we do something to change your mind?” She tilted her head at an angle which she thought would best accentuate her cheekbones. “If there is anything we could do for you…”

Malena held up a gloved hand to silence the older woman. “I am leaving of my own accord. I have business at home which I have to attend to. I thank you for your hospitality, but now I must leave.” She curtsied to the older woman rigidly, and walked down the staircase with a gloved hand holding on to the banister.

Cassandra felt her heart sinking. True, she had come to love the butler, but she found that he did not mean anything to her anymore, if he were to be compared to the lady. She wondered when she would come back. Of course she was going to visit again, wasn’t she? But perhaps she did not like the atmosphere in the manor. Her father loathed the lady’s father after all. She turned around, her skirts rustling, and headed to her room. She was going to grieve behind closed doors.

Leah: Was Vida's father a cute guy? @__@ hahaha. I don't know...well...I guess he's okay looking (well, that's in my mind). He's not my type though 'cause ew. He's a fugly rapist.
Amy:Awww 10 years ago? That's wayy long. So you guys were like 4 years old then? :o wow. I don't remember much memories when I was that young.
Katfaye: haha, thanks! Actually, I would love to see everyone from mcbc in person!! That would be SO AWESOME!! We'd all be bosom buddies! Yehey! xD
Sara:;) I love your theory!! xD What would you do if you had a butler who would obey your every command? Just like Dante? *swoons* I think I would be too shy to order him around...except...BWAHAHA. No, my thoughts aren't straying to that department.

Much♥,
Tanya

#66 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

OH MY GODD!!!!

Dante has finally shown his awesome POWERS!! HE IS SO COOL I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!!!!!

EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

this is getting so thrilling i LOVE IT SO MUCH :heartbeat:

poor poor cassandra.

and kudos to malena's acting skills!!! she's top-notch just like what dante said lol

Malena turned to look at her butler, who had mysteriously appeared in her room. He was sitting on the windowsill, the translucent curtains billowing about him like a mist that wanted to obscure the charismatic demon that had everyone falling on their knees.

theres something about this that made me fall in love with dante even more!

dante is so cool and hot.

:heartbeat:

i love himmmm!!!!!

#67 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

lol Katfaye! hahaha xD *huggles*

And whoops I found a correction. I still do hate prepositions. -__-"

Malena turned to look at her butler, who had mysteriously appeared in her room. He was sitting on the windowsill, the translucent curtains billowing about him like a mist that wanted to obscure the charismatic demon that had everyone falling to their knees.

Much♥,
Tanya

#68 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:17 AM

why is it that im fallin harder for a demon named dante than an ordinary nice funny guy named Ren?!?! O_O hahaha!!

Malena laughed. “And yet I can still command you, and you cannot do anything but abide my will.”

Dante’s lips curved down. “That is the truest tragedy.”

again, i have to point out dante's sense of humor! LOL.

he is so cool! i knew he had demon powers hidden up his sleeves somewhere! and i never would have imagined that Ramon had made a contract with a demon too.

im beginning to suspect that hes the one who ordered to kill malena's family. i mean, who else could it be? but even though its obvious, i want to know the reason why he wanted the Rosello family killed. so intriguing!

my next fave character has to be malena. shes as cool as dante!! even though shes cold sometimes...i cant help think how cool she is.

update soon!

#69 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:13 AM

Awesome update!

I had a feeling that Luke would be a demon too... He seemed a little too shady to me.

I loved seeing Dante's powers! He keeps getting hotter every time I hear about him!

Update soon please!

#70 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

^lol yeah i know right? xD getting hotter and hotter, he is! lol

#71 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

She didn’t realize she was sweating until Dante leaned over the bed with a towel, and wiped her forehead.

okay for some reason, that line made me swoon.

i love dante so much!!

#72 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

tanya!!!
awesome update as always..
ok at least he's ok looking right?..
yeah..he's a stupid rapist..boo him..
oh ya..pam said she'll read your story once she's done with her projects..
and she's kind of worried you'll be mad at her..
can you please tell her not to worry?..
because im scared she'll be even more stressed than usual and have wrinkles all around her face..lol..
oh nice updation too!
poor cassandra..poop..hope she'll feel better..
stupid luke..go die!
stupid baron! go die!
oh ya..tanyerz please oh please..
please don't let linares be heartbroken..okay?
he's to important to be broken..lol..
anyways update soon!

☺Leah☺

#73 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

leah, what was your favorite part in the update? :D :D

and what would you do if Linares DOES get heartbroken? O_O i can actually see him crying because of malena...poor him :(

#74 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

oh ya..pam said she'll read your story once she's done with her projects..
and she's kind of worried you'll be mad at her..

haha tell pam to chillax :P tanya's not a person who gets mad often. its more scary than unusual really! hahaha. peace out.

#75 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

oh..i loved all of it..
but my favorite part was when the two hot demons fought each other..
oh what i would do?..
i'd scream and cry and blabber incoherent stuff to pam..
and mostly express my anger by yelling at my bros..hahahaha..poor them..
don't think of linares crying..sssshhh!!!
tanya might see it and actually make it happen! ssshhhh!!!
i know..i told her to chill..
but she's just stubborn sometimes..lol..
oh ya..tanya!..
if you're going to let linares be single..i hope not but also hope it would come true..
can you give him to me?..please?..lol.. >_<

☺Leah☺

#76 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

hahaha!! xD xD what do you like so much about linares?

i actually like dante better :P

#77 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Sorry I haven't dropped in for a while but wow.

This story is fantastic! Seriously, I love where you're taking it and its so mysterious and unpredictable for me. I totally thought that you know Linares would come and save the day and cancel the contract with the evil butler with a few twists in it but still be predictable.

This is so not the case here. I really love your story. It's sort of...refreshing.

Update soon!

-Nikki :icon_sunny:

#78 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

And I forgot to mention.....Dante is so the best demon butler ever!

Like not that I know that many but he seems so hot and he's so loyal to Malena. Also, it seems like there is more going on with him and his mistress than the mistress and her fiance!

Anyways, Dante actually seems very....nice.

-Nikki :icon_sunny:

#79 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

^Dante FTW!!!

who are you rooting for? xD

#80 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

lol..i like dante too..
but i just wanna be different..
so i pick linares..
besides if i pick dante then i would be in trouble..
you get what i mean right?

☺Leah☺

#81 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

be in trouble? why?

#82 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

lol..well not really in trouble..
more like..i dont know how to say it..
because if i ask for dante people would go crazy and ask for him too..
besides dante has malena..
but linares has nobody..poor him..
and at least linares is not way out of my reach right?

☺Leah☺

#83 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

oh my god, when i read the part "but linares has nobody" i felt so sad!!!! :'(

omgg our poor baby linares!!! hes so in love with malena but she doesnt love him back :(( waa! thats so sadddd!!!

#84 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

see?
that's why i pick linares over dante!
dante will be fine..since he's a demon and all..
but linares won't be! waaaahhh=(
won't it be funny when malena broke linares' heart..
then linares wouldd be so heartbroken he'll have a contract with a demon?..
huhhuhuhhuhu..hope that doesn't happen..
go linares!

☺Leah☺

#85 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

lol.

but dante said that a contract can only be made when it involves hatred. Linares doesnt hate malena :(

#86 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

what do you guys like best about malena? :)

i find her really cool xD id want to know someone like her

#87 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

Hmm... that's a good question. :unsure:

I really like that Malena is so independent and determined to get what she wants. From what I can see, this story is set during a time when women weren't really valued as people, but more like property. I think she's so admirable because she's so respected and admired, even by the men in her society. It's kind of sad that she's created that image herself because of hatred, but I really admire her for that.

#88 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

cutejesse..
but what if linares would hate malena?..
lol..i just said what if..

☺Leah☺

#89 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hmm... that's a good question. :unsure:

I really like that Malena is so independent and determined to get what she wants. From what I can see, this story is set during a time when women weren't really valued as people, but more like property. I think she's so admirable because she's so respected and admired, even by the men in her society. It's kind of sad that she's created that image herself because of hatred, but I really admire her for that.

yeah its sad that its all because of hatred :( but yeah i agree with you 110%

cutejesse..
but what if linares would hate malena?..
lol..i just said what if..

☺Leah☺

oh! that would be so sadd!! i cant imagine linares hating anybody. he reminds me of a an angel so much :) heheh i love him lol but not as much as i love dante ;)

what if linares tries to kill dante?? O_O woahh!! hahaha

#90 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

so what do you think of Vida? :( (for sara)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users