172 replies to this topic

#1 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

Author’s Note: This story is loosely based on a series I watched. It inspired me to write something similar, so here you go. :D

Oh, by the way, you pronounce Linares as ‘Lee-nah-rez’.

Caution: there are some disturbing scenes here…>__<

Much♥,
Tanya

Posted Image

||

One

The carriage that had been swaying the Zamora family back and forth on the uneven road for more than an hour, finally halted. Linares hastily withdrew the curtains to see the looming mansion not far away from where the carriage was parked. His mother dabbed at her husband’s sweaty brow, proclaiming the road ‘devilish’, as it was making her husband as purple as a prune. She was going to mass tomorrow if her husband would not be cured of his road sickness tonight.

“Son, fix your coat,” his mother admonished. She was fanning her husband’s fatigued face. After a while, she turned concerned eyes to her son.

“Dear Linares, if it was not for the debt, I would not have given you away so easily.”

“It is fine with me, mother,” Linares replied, giving his mother a full view of his perfect white teeth. “It is not everyday that I get a fiancée.”

His mother frowned. “But you are only eleven years old. You cannot possibly know what you are saying.”

“I will love her,” Linares said proudly. “I know I will.”

“Son,” his father finally opened his eyes to smile weakly at his boy, “I am happy with your decision. This marriage agreement will save our family.”

“I know it will, father. That is why I agreed to this marriage.” The boy tugged at his father’s hands. “Let us go, now. I want to meet my future wife.”

The father’s weak smile grew stronger. His love for his only son was unfathomable. He knew his son would do anything for them, and perhaps, that was why he agreed to the Earl of Rosello’s proposition in the first place. He felt a sudden arrow of guilt pierce his heart as he realized that it sounded as if he were using his own son to his advantage. No, that cannot be. This was for his only son’s future, and the safety of the Zamora family.

Linares impatiently wrung the bell, eager to meet his new bride. She would be two or three years younger than him, but it was no matter. Age did not matter to him. What truly mattered was that they would fall in love, and have splendid children. Indeed, that was his most treasured desire.

The oak door opened, and a butler of the Rosello family came into view, bowing before the Zamora family. “Welcome. We have been waiting for you.” The butler led them through the narrow hallway. On the wooden walls hung portraits of the men, women and children of the Rosello lineage. They were truly a magnificent family, Linares noted. Not one of the males and females were ugly in the least. All were beautiful; as if they chose to only marry those who were physically stimulating.

“Lord Salvador, the Zamora family is here with their son,” the butler announced as they reached the beautifully furnished living room. Salvador and his wife, Ermita, stood up gracefully from their seats when they saw them come in. It was as Linares had noted. Both of them were beautiful, and they looked exactly as how he had pictured his Guardian Angels to look like. He was now more excited to marry into the family, and was anxious to see how his bride looked like. Would she be as angelic as her parents?

The Zamora family took their seats on the divan, while Ermita told the butler to get some tea and cakes.

“You have a very handsome child,” Ermita remarked, smiling at Linares. He smiled arrogantly at this blunt admiration of his looks. Well, he had always known that he was good-looking—his maids back at the mansion would occasionally flatter him—but it was different when it was said by a person who looked like an angel. He felt so happy by this, he momentarily forgot about his bride.

“Thank you, milady!” his mother gushed, feeling a blush permeate her cheeks. Oh, how she was proud of the praise given by the lady of the house. She had always admired the Lady Ermita for her affable disposition. Ermita was most likely the only gracious and kind lady in the whole land of Seville. Her husband, Salvador, was also known as a kind and gentle man throughout the country. She made a mental note to herself to pray for these kindred souls.

“Do you want to see our princess?” Salvador asked, leaning forward in his seat to get a better view of Linares. He chuckled when he saw the excited glint in the child’s eyes. He called out for Bertram, their butler, and said, “Bertram, I want you to take Linares to the garden where Malena is.”

Malena, Linares thought. So that was the name of his beloved! How it rung wonderfully in his ears! He followed Bertram gaily, skipping like a person in love. He was positively certain that his heart would be taken away right after seeing Malena, and he purposefully raised shields around his easily strung heart, so that he would act normally around her. He did not want her to be scared in the least. He wanted her to love him too.

“This is the young lady Malena,” the butler announced. But he needn’t have. Linares already knew that it was her the moment he saw her sitting in the wide field of grass, surrounded by red roses that were distinctly the same color as her youthful lips.

Linares walked towards her slowly, hoping not to startle her in any way. She turned her emerald green eyes to his direction when she felt him approach. Linares saw that she looked like one of those porcelain dolls that were sitting on his mother’s mantel back home. Her hair was the color of caramel, and it was pinned to her head with ribbons that matched her pink dress.

“Hello,” Linares said softly, sitting beside her. He was careful not to ruffle her pretty pink dress.

“Hello,” was Malena’s soft response. She gazed up at his warm brown eyes and smiled broadly. Linares saw that a front tooth was missing. Nevertheless, a new tooth would grow when they would be older, he was sure of it.

“My name is Linares,” he said. He couldn’t help smile back at Malena. She was too adorable.

“I know you,” Malena easily replied, looking up at the clear blue sky. “I saw your picture.”

“You have?” Linares asked. It was unfair that she got to see him, while he did not get to see her until this fated day.

“Yes,” Malena answered, her tone sweet and soft. “My mother says you are my husband.”

“Yes!” Linares caught her hands in his, and blushed. “You know! I didn’t think you would know.”

“My mother says that we will be wed when we are older,” Malena said, smiling down at the hands that enclosed hers, “you seem happy.”

“I am!” Linares threw his small head back, and tried a deep laugh, the same one his father does when he sees his mother chase away the stray cats with a kitchen broom.

“Your laugh sounds funny,” Malena giggled. “You sound like my cat Toma, when she chokes on a fishbone.”

Linares blushed deep red. He wanted to impress her with his manly laugh, but his plan went awry. He couldn’t help but feel embarrassed, and he joined in Malena’s giggling.

Almost every day, Linares would visit Malena. His parents were somewhat surprised at his persistence, and realized that it was the start of puppy love, the short-lived love that usually starts during adolescence. But still, after years had passed, Linares would still visit Malena. By then, they realized that the love he held for Malena was genuine, and not just infatuation. They could tell from the look he always had in his eyes whenever they mentioned her name, or if he spoke of her. Perhaps it was infatuation, with a twist of genuine love, they thought. But they knew that a person could not help but fall in love with the sweet-tempered Malena. She was as kind and gentle as her parents, inheriting not only the beauty, but the brains as well.

The tobacco company that the Rosello family possessed, was doing well. The income they received this year was higher than the preceding year. The workers were well paid, and their loyalty to their master was overwhelming. It was the factory that made these workers live handsomely off their wages.

Linares visited Malena once again. He brought along with him Francheska seeds; seeds of flowers that only seemed to grow in the southern part of Seville. Malena was trimming her rose bushes, and sweat glistened down the sides of her face. Her cheeks were rosy, and anyone could see that she had been working on the bushes for quite some time now. Even after six years had passed, he still could not prevent his heart from speeding up whenever he saw her. It was like magic for him, this feeling he felt for her. Nothing anyone could do could make him stop feeling this way.

“Linares!” Malena’s eyes brightened when she saw him. She wiped her hands on her apron, then eyed the packet that was in his hands. “What are those?”

“Francheska seeds,” Linares said, slightly blushing. He knew that whenever she was excited about something, she would act unduly. Malena leapt up and started kissing Linares all over his face. This was what Linares called unduly. Though they were engaged, he still felt reproachful whenever Malena would easily engage in physical intimacy like this. But nevertheless, it was a rare occurrence.

“Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!” Malena took the seeds and inserted them in the pockets of her apron.

While they were both lying on the grass, Linares took something from his pocket.

“It is my gift for you,” Linares said, slipping an ordinary gold band into her middle finger. “It’s not much…I would have had it molded into something prettier—“

“This is perfect,” Malena interpolated. “I do not want anything fancier.”

“Is that so?” Linares heaved a relieved sigh. “I am glad.”

Malena nudged him in the stomach. “You know I do not care for gewgaws!”

“But—“ Malena pressed a finger to his lips to silence him. A wicked smile spread across her face.

“I will make you a crown of flowers,” Malena suddenly declared, as if she were making a real gold crown for him. She plucked different kinds of white flowers from the flower bed, and started to weave them together.

“Then I will make you…” Linares pondered momentarily on what he was going to say next. “Perhaps a…” his face brightened, then fell. “No…it wouldn’t look right.” His face brightened again, then fell. “No, the idea is preposterous.”

“What is?” Malena lifted her head from her weaving, to look at him. She saw the sun playing on his blonde head, and observed that his hair was like the color of beautifully spun, golden thread.

“Have you been thinking of the names of our children?” he asked, slightly smiling to himself. He had always pictured himself as a father, and of the children he was going to sire.

“In fact, I have,” Malena smiled. “I would want to name one of our daughters Gertrude.”

“Gertrude?” Linares made a face. “Why can you not think of prettier names for our indisputably pretty children?”

“Oh hush!” Malena mock glared at him. “And I’m certain you have a better name for our daughter?” she looked at him skeptically.

“Of course!” Linares laughed shortly, and then turned to her with a blank expression on his face, as he recited the following like a mantra, “I will call her Esgamorgatorofanirtaroi.”

Malena laughed. “How unique! Her nickname shall be Esga!”

Linares laughed as well. “It will be torture for our daughter, if she were to be named like that.”

Malena rolled on her back on the grass, and tugged at Linares’ sleeves playfully. Linares looked down at her, a small smile playing on his lips. He felt his heart swell with such love for her, it was a wonder why it hadn’t burst.

“I want to name our son Dante,” Malena said, lowering her long eyelashes, as if she were too shy to speak it.

“That is a beautiful name for our son,” Linares said. He cupped Malena’s cheeks in his hand, and stroked it. Malena lifted her eyes to his, and smiled.

“I knew you would like it,” Malena teased, suddenly throwing her arms around him. “I cannot wait to be a mother.” Linares stroked her hair tenderly, reveling at its silkiness. She also smelled like roses, he noted. He carefully took out his pocket watch from his pocket, and looked at the time.

“I am sorry Malena, but I must go.” Linares gently pried her arms away from his shoulders. “It is past six in the evening, and I have more than an hour’s journey back.” He and Malena stood up from the grass. “But I will be back in two days.”

He kissed her softly on the cheek and turned around to leave, until he felt something ruffle his hair. It distinctly smelled like flowers, and it was light. He heard Malena laugh behind him.

“You are a king! Wear it,” Malena ordered happily.

“Aye aye!” he saluted her, and took careful steps back to the mansion. He did not want his crown of flowers to be disturbed on his head. He would probably wear it in the carriage, and wear it at home until it was time for him to sleep. Then he would place the treasure on his bedside table and look at it until sleep overtakes him.

Malena went back to tending to her garden. She was going to plant the Francheska seeds tomorrow. She couldn’t wait for the seeds to bloom into beautiful blue flowers, and to see Linares' face fill with wonderment once he sees them.

She went back to the mansion when the sun started to set. She needed to light candles around the house before the imposing darkness. Although she knew that the maids would do it, she wanted to be ahead of them in this simple task. But once she stepped inside the mansion, she felt a chill run up her spine. She looked around. There was nothing wrong. But what was that eerie feeling she felt?

Her heart thudded against her chest as she hastily climbed up the stairs, holding up her skirts. Where? Where was she headed? Suddenly, a distinctive smell wafted from the second floor of the mansion. She nearly gagged when she realized that the fetid odor was blood. What was happening?

She turned to the Master’s bedchamber, which was her parent’s. She was going to ask them about the putrid smell. She opened the door, and paused by the threshold. She sank to her knees, and crawled to where her father and mother lay haplessly on the rug, their bodies wrapped in deep red blood that came from the enormous gash on their chest.

“Oh lookee here,” a gruff voice said from the shadows. “Did we forget her? Is she the daughter of these people?”

Malena vaguely saw the three burly men come out from the shadows. The shock was too intense, it made her felt empty and detached to the situation at hand. The sun had lain down, and the faint diffuse of light entered the tall French windows to cast a glow around Malena’s surroundings.

“She’s a pretty one,” another voice remarked.

“We could sell her to the Pleasure House!” the third voice suggested, obviously keen on the idea.

“She will bring us a lot of money.”

Malena wasn’t listening to their conversation. She could not believe what was happening. Her father’s face was turned away from her, but her mother’s face was turned to her, and she could see the empty eyes that stared back with no emotion. Her mother was never again going to tell her how much she loved her. Her father would never stroke her hair and tell her how much he was proud of her. She lost the two most important people in the world, and she couldn’t do anything about it. She lost them. They died.

Do you want to make a contract?

“She’s a beauty! I can’t hold myself any longer,” one of them said, breathing heavily with his desire. He was the biggest man among the three of them. A hand tried to hold him back.

“No, her virginity will bring us more money,” the owner of the hand said.

“No! I don’t care!” the big man bellowed, and tore Malena’s gown from the bodice. The ripping of fabric and his heavy breathing were the only things audible in the room.

“You really are a beast,” one of the men remarked, with a tone of humor in his voice. “We just killed her parents and her entire household, and now you want to do this to her?”

“I am a beast with devilish desires.” The man chortled, impressed by his own confidence.

Malena could not break free from the heavy man that imposed such cruelty to her. She could not hit him, nor thrash at him. She didn’t have much strength, and she did not have any purpose to live anymore. Her parents were everything to her. But now, as she was being used like a plaything to satiate the man's lusty nature, she saw the eyes of her mother that stared at her unseeingly; devoid of anything Malena would have wanted to see. How dare they do this to her, in front of her parent’s corpses! It was vulgar and cruel! Her parents were dead and...they were dead, but that was because they were killed. They were killed by the very man that shattered her maidenhead, and the other two men who were observing the scene, doing nothing but wear smirks on their faces!

She felt an emotion she had never felt before pulsate through her veins. It threatened to kill her sense of righteousness, and endanger her kind heart. She could feel the emotion slowly hardening her heart, burning it dark, like coals. She would never forgive them. Never.

Her acute eyesight caught a glimpse of a man that stood by the large French windows. The light of the moon illuminated only half of his face, and she saw his eyes glittered like rubies in the daylight. He smiled with his lips pressed together, but the warmth did not reach his deep red eyes.

Yes.

Malena felt something burn on the back of her right hand. She unconsciously raised it, and saw that the sign of the pentacle was engraved on her flesh. The big burly man had just reached his climax, and when he fell on top of her, he saw the pentacle sign. He stumbled backwards, his eyes growing wide as he saw the symbol; blood oozing from the laceration.

“De-Demon!” he shouted, trying to button his pants properly. The other two burly men leaned forward to look at the symbol on the back of her hand, and both of them blanched.

Command me, my mistress.

Despite the ache below Malena’s stomach, she stood up. Her eyes turned dark as coals; as dark as her heart. She knew the emotion that possessed and overwhelmed her. It was the searing emotion of hatred; pure, unadulterated hatred.

“W-What are you going to do?” one of the men stammered, visibly trembling despite himself. “W-We were just ordered to—“

His voice was irritating her. The voices of her parent’s murderers irritated her. She felt no pity for them as she raised her right hand, the symbol facing the enigmatic man by the window.

“Kill them,” she whispered, her voice aloof and controlled.

“No! Please! We beg you!” the men sank down to their knees, weeping. They knew there was not a way for them to escape this now. “Forgive us!” Malena mustered a cruel smile. Did they think that she could easily forgive someone who killed her very soul? How could she ever forgive them? There was no way for her to forgive them.

The man with the ruby eyes lifted a long blade that was on the carpet, bloodied by the massacre. He bowed to his new mistress. Malena saw, with detachment, that his eyes glittered crimson gold.

“As you command, milady.” He hefted the blade, and did what he was instructed to do.

||

Banner - Happily Ever After
Original Image Title: for the love of books
Original Artist: Chocolate Geek
Original Image Upload Date: 24th April, 2007
Image Adapted By: Jak (Avalon-Princess)

Edited by Ari-san, 01 September 2009 - 12:11 PM.
Title edited; We're going Vertigo (Awards)!

#2 stolen_dreams095

stolen_dreams095

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:50 PM

Tanya! It sounds amazing!

I LOVE LINARES! :D

I totally love this story!

PLEASE UPDATE! :D

What series was it based on?

-Mika

#3 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:53 PM

Thanks Mika! ^_^

And the series it's based on?

Well...*giggles* it's based on an anime I'm addicted to right now *fangirl squeal*

Otakus unite!!

Oh, and why do you love Linares? x)

Much♥,
Tanya

#4 stolen_dreams095

stolen_dreams095

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:12 AM

Thanks Mika! ^_^

And the series it's based on?

Well...*giggles* it's based on an anime I'm addicted to right now *fangirl squeal*

Otakus unite!!

Oh, and why do you love Linares? x)

Much♥,
Tanya

hehe... I love Linares, because, well, it's not everyday that you see someone actually agreeing to marry someone! And he's really nice! :D

But, hey, I just get the feeling that I would have to claim him before anyone else would, since, almost all of the "lead" role actors/characters are being fought over?

And I really don't know why. It's just a random thing I made up now. Oh, god, I'm so weird. LOL.

But PLEASE UPDATE!!! :D

-Mika

I'll try to check this Otakus Unite thing, it might be real cool. :D Though, I'm not really an anime fan, I'll check it out. you never know when I will turn into one. LOL. :D

#5 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:32 AM

hehe... I love Linares, because, well, it's not everyday that you see someone actually agreeing to marry someone! And he's really nice! :D

But, hey, I just get the feeling that I would have to claim him before anyone else would, since, almost all of the "lead" role actors/characters are being fought over?

And I really don't know why. It's just a random thing I made up now. Oh, god, I'm so weird. LOL.

But PLEASE UPDATE!!! :D

-Mika

I'll try to check this Otakus Unite thing, it might be real cool. :D Though, I'm not really an anime fan, I'll check it out. you never know when I will turn into one. LOL. :D

lol! 'claim'ing him.

The title of the series isn't Otakus Unite :) (it's just an expression >,< Otaku is a Japanese term that means a person obsessed over something, which is usually anime or manga lol). If you want to check out the anime, the title is Kuroshitsuji. :D It's pure love! lol. The only thing I got from there is the main theme which is about demon butlers. But aside from that, everything is my own. And once you turn into an otaku, come to the off topic thread for manga immediately! lol xD You are welcome to join us! =3

Much♥,
Tanya

#6 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

Oh, my God!!!
UPDATE!!!!! I LOOOOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat :)

#7 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Awwwww.

Linares and Malena are so cute together!

Is the butler really a demon?????

Loved it!!! So awesome!

UPDATE SOON.

Alex

#8 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

Oh yeah!

How did you get that font at the start when you wrote 'One'???

#9 Avalonlover

Avalonlover

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

Yay~~~ new story!!!~ Can't wait to read it ^^

Sooo excited that I just had to reply :D

#10 Avalonlover

Avalonlover

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Loved the update~~~ <3

Who is the guy with the crimson/gold eyes??
The update was awesome~~

Please update soon!
Angela

#11 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

Hi Tanya! xD

I loved the cuteness at the beginning when Linares meets Malena.

“I am!” Linares threw his small head back, and tried a deep laugh, the same one his father does when he sees his mother chase away the stray cats with a kitchen broom.

“Your laugh sounds funny,” Malena giggled. “You sound like my cat Toma, when she chokes on a fishbone.”

Linares blushed deep red. He wanted to impress her with his manly laugh, but his plan went awry. He couldn’t help but feel embarrassed, and he joined in Malena’s giggling.

Poor little dude. Anyway, and when they grew up, that was so cute as well! >_< Too bad everything changed so quickly! o:

Update soon!

-Amy

#12 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

Hi Tanya! xD

I loved the cuteness at the beginning when Linares meets Malena.

Poor little dude. Anyway, and when they grew up, that was so cute as well! >_< Too bad everything changed so quickly! o:

Update soon!

-Amy

yeah linares and malena are so cute together~~~ theyre absolutely adorable. I wanna know what happens as the story progresses.

im guessing the crimson gold eyed guy is the demon butler.

when i started reading this, i felt the atmosphere!! i mean, its like ive stumbled into a time portal and got sucked in and am living in the olden days lol. i can picture it so clearly it feels like im watching a movie!! xD

#13 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

^Proof of Tanya's awesome writing. I felt it too!

-Amy

#14 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

The title seems scary but its the thing that mad me click on this story. Its so interesting! Love Malena but is she evil now? And Linares is so handsome and sweet. Him and Malena make the cutest couple. You're a great writer Tanya! I felt so into this story while reading it.

Update soon!

-Nikki :icon_sunny:

#15 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

waaaaahhh!!!
tanya!! this story is amazing!
update soon!!
i think i know that anime series..
hahahhaa..it was a good story..

☺Leah☺

#16 Frozen Yoghurt

Frozen Yoghurt

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

I love any story where the butler is the devil. It's just so cliche (yet underused) that I can't help but adore it. Like roses on Valentines Day.

Linares and Malena sound like the perfect couple. Linares just seems like such a genuine, nice, loving person. And poor Malena. I'm so glad she got revenge. I do very much love revenge.

And now I am additcted.

Shame on you.

[spoiler]shame. on. you.

xxx :mgicecream:

#17 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:48 AM

[size=3]I love any story where the butler is the devil. It's just so cliche (yet underused) that I can't help but adore it. Like roses on Valentines Day.

really? i actually havent heard of other stories which have devils as their butlers...O_o

#18 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:30 AM

Phew. *wipes sweat from brow*. This chapter took me a long, long time to write @___@;;

10 years later

The butler rapped on the door twice, to inform the lady that he was outside. He was carrying a tray of desserts for the lady’s mid-afternoon snack in one hand, and with the other, he carried a pile of imperative documents, as what the lady had ordered him to procure.

“Come in.”

With pronounced swiftness, the butler had opened the door without jarring the contents on his tray and rustling the documents in his hand. With the same staggering swiftness, he had closed the door behind him without so much a sound.

“Dante, do you have what I asked?” The lady sat behind a large rustic table, her hands clasped together in front of her, as she impatiently looked at the papers in her butler’s other hand.

“Yes, my lady Malena.” Dante placed the documents in front of his mistress. She immediately perused through the papers with a proficient eye. Dante placed the tea cup and the plate of strawberry cheesecake on the table.

“Dante, how are the workers of Flor Fina?” Malena dropped the papers on the table after perusing through them. She always asked how her workers fared. After re-establishing her parent’s cigar factory nine years ago, she had taken back the former employees and had given them the opportunity of laboring once again for good wages. The employees were overjoyed, and had willingly worked for the only daughter of the Rosello family; a family which they owed their very livelihood to. It had been devastating for them to hear of the fire that had burned the entire Rosello mansion those years ago. They had grieved for their humble employer, but were still relieved to know that the little princess was saved. And now, they would work for her as they had once done for her father.

“They are doing well,” Dante replied, standing beside his mistress as she drank her tea.

“That’s good.” Malena drained the whole cup of tea, and asked, “What is this tea called again?”

“Earl gray tea, milady. Do you want me to pour you more of it?” Dante asked, ready to take the porcelain pitcher from the tray in his hand.

“Yes, please.”

After pouring his mistress another cup of tea, he said, “My lady, I have heard news of a young man who is seeking for you. He has been searching for you in each town.”

“Oh?” Malena quirked an eyebrow, obviously amused. She gingerly sipped her cup. “Well, we have moved from town to town throughout the years. I don’t think anyone in my old town would know where I am now. Do you know why this man is looking for me?”

“I apologize. I do not know. However, I do know of his name.” Dante leaned forward to slice his mistress’ cheesecake into several pieces. “His name is Linares Zamora, who comes from an affluent family that lives in the town of Bronwyn.”

Malena didn’t want to show her butler the surprise she felt when she heard her fiancées name. She had not seen him since the incident. In all honesty, she had forgotten about him after that night, and chose only to focus her mind to what she needed to do in her life. She didn’t expect him to look for her after these many years. Did he still want to marry her after what happened? He obviously didn’t need to marry her anymore. The debt of the Zamora family had disappeared ever since her parents were killed—passed away.

“I see.” Malena’s face remained impassive; she had nurtured a poker face for years. Unconsciously, she rubbed the gold band that Linares had given her all those years ago. She cleared her throat, trying to expunge the trepidation she felt if she were to be reacquainted with her old friend. She waved a hand in a dismissive gesture. “You may go now, Dante. Come back when it is time for me to attend mass.”

Dante bowed, gathered the plate and cup from the table, and went out of the door silently.

It was a custom for the townspeople of Beata to attend mass daily. You were deemed a heretic if you were not present. Malena, being from a pious family, adhered to this tradition. She wondered why she was still able to cross the church’s threshold when she had made a pact with a demon, a follower of the Devil. Was the Lord so kind that he would forgive a lowly woman like her, who had sinned so greatly? Perhaps this was not so. She knew what her punishment would be when the contract would end. But before it did, she made sure to avenge her parents. If it had not been for her impulsive act, she would have gained knowledge of who ordered her family to be killed. She regretted killing the men before she could extract these answers from them. Nonetheless, she did not regret killing them. That was the greater sin that she had to endure all these years. She did not ask the Lord to forgive her. She had sold her soul to the Devil, and there was only one way for her.

Malena changed her plain black silk dress to a gray and mauve silk saree gown. She had a personal tailor that made her dresses, and though she did not like conforming to the latest fashion, she was forced to tart up. She was, after all, the only surviving daughter, and the young lady of the Rosello family. She had to dress like her status. She did not forget to put on her gloves. It was the gloves that hid the pentacle sign that was engraved on the back of her right hand.

She arrived to church on time. Dante, though a butler he was, drove the carriage. He was the only person in her household that she could trust completely. He was, after all, bound to her will by the contract. Anything that she would want him to do, he would abide. She did not know the consequences if he were not to follow her will, but she suspected it was something abysmal.

Dante jumped off the driver’s seat to open the carriage door for Malena. She carefully lifted her skirts, and stepped down the carriage, with a help from Dante’s hand. He did not fail to notice the men who became instantly aware of Malena’s presence. It was as if they had become attentive to her every move, and they shared lewd looks with one another. He also noticed that many of the women turned up their noses when Malena ambled towards the church’s threshold, seemingly oblivious to her surroundings. This was what Dante liked about his mistress. She did not allow anything to impede her from running towards her goal. She had a charisma and confidence that made even men falter in their defenses. This was a soul he had always longed to take care of. Its taste was something he would savor for all eternity.

Dante waited for his mistress to come out of church. He had parked the carriage under a big tree, and had given the horses water. He stepped onto the church fields, and waited for her by the entrance. He was not capable of entering the church. It was not because it was prohibited by God, He allowed anyone to be saved if he were willing to be, but because the smell of the incense burned his nostrils.

Just then, Dante saw a young man stroll towards him. His hair was streaked golden under the relentless sun, but he did not care to shade his eyes from the glare, and his eyebrows furrowed. Dante knew who this man was without even asking.

“Excuse me,” the young man asked him, “I have been looking for a certain lady in these parts. I’m sorry if I may look suspicious,” Dante eyed his attire and physical stature, and could not discern anything suspicious about this comely man, “but I really am not.”

“Who are you looking for?” Dante asked with a slight tug to his lips.

“My fiancée, my love, Malena di Rosello,” the young man said. His eyes were filled with a fortitude that Dante had seldom seen in men. This man, Linares, was still clinging to the love he had for his childhood past, and of the woman who still evoked such feelings within him. Dante wanted to laugh at what he was seeing. His mistress didn’t love the fool; never had. In her eyes, he was never more than a friend.

“Yes, I know her,” Dante said finally. The look that Linares had in his eyes was undeniable, and if Dante were back in his original form, he would not have felt such pity for him.

“Where is she?” Linares whispered, looking as eager as a child who would be given chocolates. “How do you know her? Is she alright?” He blushed deeply when he realized that he was asking too much from a stranger. “I beg your pardon. When I asked these questions to the other townspeople, no one would tell me the whereabouts of my dear Malena. I am simply happy of your candor.”

“There’s no need for an apology,” Dante said with a little bit of a smirk. “Malena is my master. I am her butler.” Dante bowed to Linares stiffly. “It is a pleasure to meet the person my mistress is engaged to.”

Linares looked overjoyed. “This is wonderful! How very convenient for me to have spoken to you, the butler of my beloved!” His eyes showed his exultant state. “So my Malena is inside.” His cheeks turned pink. “I will wait for her with you.”

“As you wish.”

It wasn’t long before the mass ended, and the people started leaving in groups, sticking to where they think they belonged in society. The town of Beata was dominated by affluence and those people who cared only for wealth and of the influence they had over people. The ladies who passed by Dante and Linares, could not help but spare them a glance. They knew who the butler was. He was Malena’s butler, and they sneered at the sole thought of Malena achieving yet again another envious glance towards her possessions. The butler had been the talk of the town since Malena had arrived three years ago and settled into a luxurious mansion that was bought from an elderly who was moving into another country. At one time, the butler had been the subject of mostly every woman’s affection, and as though under a spell, they tried to catch his attention whenever possible. He had never spared them a glance, and had eyes only for his mistress. The ladies soon realized the effort was futile. Why would they want to catch the attention of a butler anyway? It was a ridiculous, and they felt ashamed of themselves. High-class ladies shouldn’t fall for low-class men like him.

This other man beside the butler, however, seemed more appealing to them. He was not a butler (he did not wear a black evening tail coat), but wore a ruffled shirt front, which made the ladies know how much he was at the height of fashion. They prepared to walk towards him and ask simple questions. What was his name? Who was he waiting for?

Linares saw Malena from the crowd. His eyes filled with love, and the ladies that had wanted to go to him, retreated in awkwardness. Salt was added to the wound when they realized that he was looking at Malena, the siren that they hated for captivating most of the eligible men in town. They turned around on their heels and walked away, muttering to themselves of how men were so ridiculous.

When Linares saw Malena, he thought he couldn’t breathe. It had been too long since he had seen her, and his heart swelled. She was even more beautiful than what he remembered. Her hair curled in beautiful caramel ringlets around her face and down her waist, and her skin was still as pure and white as snow. He embraced her gently, but didn’t notice the way she stiffened in his embrace; he was too overjoyed.

Finally, Linares released her, and looked down into her green eyes that turned viridian under the sun. Despite the beauty that was Malena, her expression was indifferent, and the warmth that he had seen in her eyes those years ago did not appear. He started to frown, slowly losing the happiness he felt. Wasn’t Malena happy to see him? After all the years he had searched for her, wasn’t Malena going to kiss him and say, ‘I’ve missed you’?

“Let us go home, Dante,” Malena commanded; her voice as clear as the air around them.

“As you command, milady.” Dante followed Malena, who was quickly disappearing through the small throng.

Linares was in shock. What had just happened? Did his beloved Malena cease to recognize him? What had happened to the kindhearted woman that he loved?

“Malena!” he shouted as he ran towards the butler’s direction. He saw him help her climb up the carriage, and Linares stopped the carriage door from closing behind her just in time.

“Malena!” he breathed, and climbed up the carriage without asking.

“My lady, are you alright with this?” Dante questioned, entirely sure that the man named Linares had no manners at all.

“Leave us be,” Malena said. Dante bowed, and closed the carriage door.

“What do you want, Linares?” Malena asked, holding on to the side of the seat when the carriage started to move.

Two emotions happened simultaneously. Linares was happy that Malena didn’t forget him, but he felt a deep wrenching pain in his heart when Malena had asked him so coldly. She wasn’t happy at all to see him, was she? It was like someone had stabbed him cleanly in the heart. Suddenly, he remembered of the fire that had burned the whole Rosello mansion ten years ago. It had killed everyone but Malena and the butler who had escaped from it. When he had heard of this news, he grieved for the family, but was happy when he heard of Malena’s safety. But she and the butler could not be found, and he could not look for her until his family was financially stable. He had needed to succeed his father in the trading business, and he could not leave until he had done so.

“I am sorry for everything that had happened,” Linares said, lowering his eyes to the hands that rested stiffly on his knees. “I have been looking for you for almost a year. I left the business in hopes of finding you. I’ve missed you so much; it was unbearable for me to endure such pain when I could not find you. But my efforts were all for naught.” He lifted his gaze so he could look into her eyes. “I have at last found you, my love.”

“What of now?” she asked. “Now that you have found me, what are you to do?”

“You are my fiancée. You will stay with me in Bronwyn. It is a five hour carriage ride from here.”

What?” Malena’s eyes widened from indignation.

“You will stay—“

Malena intercepted rudely. “No! I will not go to Bronwyn. I am to stay here. Even if you are my fiancée, do you not think the engagement is now void?”

Linares was startled. “Why void? I am not marrying you because of my family’s debt. I am marrying you because I love you.”

Malena pressed her lips together, and didn’t say anything. What was she to say to such sincerity? This was what she feared. She did not want to meet Linares because he would undoubtedly bring back the Malena of old; the Malena that had not been eaten up by hatred and had sold herself to the demon that was driving the carriage with natural dexterity.

“How can you still love me?” Malena asked. How can you still love me when I have become a monster who only thirsts for vengeance? You love not me, but the old me.

“That’s ludicrous of you to ask,” Linares said with a hint of disapproval in his voice. “Love knows neither time nor reason. It is what I have learned, and I would gladly propose to you again if you would still have me.” He looked at her gloved hands, and wondered if she still wore the gold band he had given her around her finger.

Malena noticed what he was searching for, and she reluctantly removed the glove from her left hand. The sun glinted off the gold ring, and she saw with uneasiness, the expression that started to cross Linares’ face. She had always seen that expression many years ago, but she had forgotten the feeling of the emotion it triggered inside of her. Before her poker face could crumble, she hastily pulled on the gloves again.

“I still accept our engagement,” Malena finally said. Linares looked at her with such a loving look in his eyes that she felt the need to bite her tongue. She was not anymore accustomed to be looked at through love’s eyes. She had thought that that emotion would cease to exist inside of her, or anywhere around her. It had been such a long time since she had been looked upon with palpable ardor; she felt tears pricking the edge of her eyes. She was losing control over her own mask of indifference. She had trained this mask for several years, and now it was to be broken so easily? It was a laugh.

“My lady, we have arrived,” Dante announced outside the carriage before opening the door.

Malena wanted to sigh in relief. If they had not arrived so quickly, Linares would have seen the tears that she did not allow herself to shed.

Linares stepped down the carriage after Malena. He dined with Malena that night, and thought they talked over the dinner table like friends, it still lacked the sensation that used to manifest in their conversations. Malena did not laugh, nor did she smile, and the warmth still did not return to her eyes. He surmised that the reason for this extreme change was due to her parent’s death. He knew how much she loved her parent’s, and the severe loss had probably stained her. He did not press on the matter, and only treaded on safe ground.

Linares left early that evening. He promised to come back in a few weeks with his parent’s. He knew that they would be overjoyed to hear that Malena was well. But before he had left, he had kissed Malena on the cheek out of habit. He didn’t realize how odd it was until he was walking towards the carriage rentals, whistling to himself.

~③~

Dante held the candelabra in his right hand as he stood beside his mistress’ four-poster bed. It was a routine that he had perfected since his mistress was still fifteen years of age. She had asked him to stay by her side while she tried to sleep, and told him only to leave when she would finally fall into slumber. Truly, his mistress was still a child. Despite her age now, she still did not ask for him to leave her while she slept. She still needed his company in the late night, for the recurring ghastly dreams would overwhelm her again and she would be holding on to nothing but darkness. In these times when her nightmares would occur, Dante was there to hold her hand as she thrashed in bed, sweat dripping down the sides of her face. Once she would feel that solid, warm hand in her grasp, she would fall into a silent, peaceful slumber. She did not know that it was him who made her feel safe, nor did she know or remember the nightmare that had passed the night before. Oddly, she would forget about the dream come morn.

What Dante liked about staying by his mistress side while she slept was that he could see her poker face fade. She would turn vulnerable, and would smile defenselessly. She did not seem to care that Dante would see her like this. Like him, she had felt the strong bond that connected both of them. It was a bond that wouldn’t sever even in pernicious circumstances. There was no need to hide anything from each other.

Dante watched the shadows dance across his mistress’ face, caused by the flicker of the candles. Was she asleep now? He leaned forward to stroke the hair away from her face. Her eyes were moving furtively behind her eyelids, and he knew that it was happening soon.

He placed the candelabra on the bedside table, and sat on the edge of the bed. He saw her fingers twitch, and the pentacle symbol on her right hand started to secrete blood. This was what he could never understand. Why was her nightmares connected to the contract? He licked the blood from her hand.

“Mother…” he heard her say softly, though it was strained. “Father…”

The blood still oozed from the pentacle, but he did not focus on it anymore. Malena was swinging her arms and legs wildly, and her head jerked from side to side. Dante climbed on top of her to pinion her arms to her sides and stop the movement from her legs. She was going to hurt herself if she continued to move so recklessly.

“Kill…kill…kill…” Her voice rasped. Her eyes opened, but he could only see the whites. “Kill…Ramon…Ostrea…Ramon Ostrea…” Her eyes immediately closed, and she stopped convulsing.

Ramon Ostrea? Who was this man? Dante tucked Malena into bed, and wiped the sweat off of her forehead. She was breathing hard from the exertion. The blood had stopped trickling down the pentacle, he saw. He also wiped it with the cloth, hoping that Malena wouldn’t spot the small blots of blood that had dried on the thick woolen blanket. He was going to order the sheets to be washed by the laundrywoman tomorrow morning right after Malena gets out of bed.

Dante pushed a lock of hair away from Malena’s eyebrows, and took the candelabra. He closed the door behind him, and thought of investigating this Ramon Ostrea.

#19 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:49 AM

Thanks so much guys!! ^_^

Is the butler really a demon?????

Yeppers! Dante is a demon >__<

Oh yeah!
How did you get that font at the start when you wrote 'One'???

Oh I used another font that's not part of the default fonts here on mcbc. You can actually pick any font you wish, it'll come out. Choose fonts in MS word and type it up in the brackets =)

Loved the update~~~ <3

Who is the guy with the crimson/gold eyes??
The update was awesome~~

Please update soon!
Angela

:D The dude is Dante, her demon butler.

I love any story where the butler is the devil. It's just so cliche (yet underused) that I can't help but adore it. Like roses on Valentines Day.

Linares and Malena sound like the perfect couple. Linares just seems like such a genuine, nice, loving person. And poor Malena. I'm so glad she got revenge. I do very much love revenge.

And now I am additcted.

Shame on you.

[spoiler]shame. on. you.

xxx :mgicecream:

*evil chortle*

Ah yes. Revenge is sweeeeeet. :P

*hands cookies to Frozen Yoghurt while watching Dante kill of the baddies*

Much♥,
Tanya

#20 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:53 AM

oooooooohhhh tanya!!!

i really really really 10000x love this.

the writing is so mature, and honestly, i dont know some of the terms being used here O_O but im too lazy to search the meanings lol.

okay, i thought dante was evil, but hes not. i think he actually likes malena. sorta-ish. and malena didnt become evil. shes just hating on her parents killers, is all.

dante is hot.

dante is hot.

imma take my dibs on dante before anyone can get their clammy hands on him!! bwahahah :badgrin:

and linares is really nice :D he still loves malena despite her coldness. i love him too!

but i like dante because of his eyes. he rocks my socks. hes hot and sooo amazing too boot!!!!

#21 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

woah tanya. i just noticed how long your updates are!!! the minimum pages of your updates is 10 pages in word!!! thats a lot O_O

*applauds*

you really give in a lot of effort for the brilliant updates. which makes you more brilliant :P

#22 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Brilliant update!!! I loved it!!

Aww I feel so sorry for Linares; he's so sweet!

UPDATE SOON :)

Alex

#23 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Okay, whatever. Tanya, you've made Dante seem sooooooo super hot. Hahaha. If only he wasn't a demon. *sighs wistfully*

Spoiler

Phew. That's basically what was going on in my head.

-Amy

#24 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Brilliant update!!! I loved it!!

Aww I feel so sorry for Linares; he's so sweet!

UPDATE SOON :)

Alex

yeah i know :( awww he really does love malena despite it all *sobs*

Okay, whatever. Tanya, you've made Dante seem sooooooo super hot. Hahaha. If only he wasn't a demon. *sighs wistfully*

-Amy

yeahhhhh i know what you mean. dante seems so hot O_O its funny why, when tanya didnt even make a clear description of him, except for his ruby eyes.

i can imagine him with black hair and pale skin. and a long, archaic nose and he'll be really tall too. rawr.

in my imagination, hes really really really hottt. sorta like sebastian from kuroshitsuji hotttt.

#25 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

*New reader!*

This is really an awesome story. I really feel for Malena... and I love that name by the way! :) I can totally understand why she's become that way, and I can kind of relate it to my own life, even though the plot is partly supernatural. I like Linares too. He seems really sweet, and it's so cute that he's still in love with Malena even after ten years have gone by.

Dante sounds hot, too. B) It seems like he really loves Malena. Poses an interesting question. If evil can love, is there such a thing as evil? Because love isn't an evil emotion...

Haha update soon please!

:heartbeat: Sara

#26 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

*New reader!*

This is really an awesome story. I really feel for Malena... and I love that name by the way! :) I can totally understand why she's become that way, and I can kind of relate it to my own life, even though the plot is partly supernatural. I like Linares too. He seems really sweet, and it's so cute that he's still in love with Malena even after ten years have gone by.

Dante sounds hot, too. B) It seems like he really loves Malena. Poses an interesting question. If evil can love, is there such a thing as evil? Because love isn't an evil emotion...

Haha update soon please!

you can relate with this story to your own life? why? :( did something bad happen?

yeah i think dante loves malena :D :D lolll. but maybe its just part of his contract that he has to protect his mistress from harm.

what do you think are the parts where you think hes in love with malena?

#27 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

you can relate with this story to your own life? why? did something bad happen?

yeah i think dante loves malena lolll. but maybe its just part of his contract that he has to protect his mistress from harm.

what do you think are the parts where you think hes in love with malena?

I can relate it to my life just because over time so many things have happened that I've kind of become heartless. I don't really know, it's kind of bad to say, especially because comparatively speaking, my life isn't so bad, but I kind of lost my love of life. Like, I used to get so excited about holidays, and there was something magical about them. Now it doesn't feel like a holiday at all and it just seems kind of meaningless. I'm regaining my optimism little by little, but it's been hard. That's the part I can relate to. I mean, Malena used to be happy and normal, but now she's kind of like a walking shell.

Okay, so these are the parts that make me think he's in love with her:

He did not fail to notice the men who became instantly aware of Malena’s presence.

If he was just there to protect her, wouldn't he be looking for suspicious people rather than noticing everyone, especially the men?

He had never spared them a glance, and had eyes only for his mistress.

I can understand loyalty, but did he really never think about having fun? He IS a demon, after all. He should be able to do whatever he wants as long as Malena doesn't need him at the moment. He could probably be at her side in an instant in case of an emergency (unless I'm wrong and he doesn't have any fun powers...)

What Dante liked about staying by his mistress side while she slept was that he could see her poker face fade. She would turn vulnerable, and would smile defenselessly. She did not seem to care that Dante would see her like this. Like him, she had felt the strong bond that connected both of them. It was a bond that wouldn’t sever even in pernicious circumstances. There was no need to hide anything from each other.

Dante watched the shadows dance across his mistress’ face, caused by the flicker of the candles. Was she asleep now? He leaned forward to stroke the hair away from her face. Her eyes were moving furtively behind her eyelids, and he knew that it was happening soon.

This passage especially makes me think he loves her. Because if he's really just there to do whatever she wants and is like an employee, basically, why would he like seeing her vulnerable side? It doesn't really make any sense to me if he doesn't love her.

Although, I could be completely wrong...

Haha anyway...

#28 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

your right sara!!! :heartbeat: dante DOES seem like he loves her <3

what do you think he physically looks like, though? :D tanya hasnt talked about how he really looekd like, except for his eyes.

I can relate it to my life just because over time so many things have happened that I've kind of become heartless. I don't really know, it's kind of bad to say, especially because comparatively speaking, my life isn't so bad, but I kind of lost my love of life. Like, I used to get so excited about holidays, and there was something magical about them. Now it doesn't feel like a holiday at all and it just seems kind of meaningless. I'm regaining my optimism little by little, but it's been hard. That's the part I can relate to. I mean, Malena used to be happy and normal, but now she's kind of like a walking shell.

:( awww. *huggles* im not exactly excited for holidays either. except for christmas lol cause of the presents.

yeah. malena's like a walking shell now. >.< she used to be so fun and happy before...

#29 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

what do you think he physically looks like, though? tanya hasnt talked about how he really looekd like, except for his eyes.

Hmm... I always pictured him with dark hair, maybe sort of pale. Tall and muscular. I don't know what he really looks like, though. I really wanna know. It'd be kind of ironic if he was the exact opposite of what I think... That's happened to me before. I'll go the whole book thinking a character is like, blond, and then the author finally mentions that he or she is a brunette. Oh well. I guess you can't win them all. :D

#30 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Hmm... I always pictured him with dark hair, maybe sort of pale. Tall and muscular. I don't know what he really looks like, though. I really wanna know. It'd be kind of ironic if he was the exact opposite of what I think... That's happened to me before. I'll go the whole book thinking a character is like, blond, and then the author finally mentions that he or she is a brunette. Oh well. I guess you can't win them all. :D

i kind of have a feeling that he has black, long hair :D

LIKE THIS! TA-DA!

DANTEEEEEEEEEE :heartbeat:

Posted Image

what do you think?? xD

#31 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

^okay so maybe that picture isnt too friendly...the face looks kind of...well...but you get my drift right? :D

and this is what i picture linares to look like!! only with blonde hair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

or do you prefer chris pine as linares? :D

Posted Image

and here's dante :D :D too bad i couldnt find a lot of pictures of this guy with a SHIRT ON. seriously. this guy poses in a lot of nude/brief photos.

Posted Image
Posted Image

:D lol haha im actually having fun researching on dudes in suits lol!! sorry, im just an addict for hot guys hahaa. im veering towards asian men though *drools* asian men are sooo cute :heartbeat:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
^DANIEL HENNEY OMFGHIA!!! *fans self*

#32 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

waaahhhhh!!!
awesome update!
i love it!
update soon!

☺Leah☺

#33 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

i just realized how i have bombarded this virgin thread with pictures of hot, hot, sizzling hot MEN.

but im sure tanya would forgive me. *winks at Tanya*

we both house a lot of *green* fantasies in our heads, and go man-hunting online lmaoo

oooh.

im sure tanya's salivating because of the pictures by now.

tee hee.

#34 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

AWESOME UPDATE!!!

I sure hope she can pull out of that contract in some way. :(
I think Linares is so sad...it's a pity that she's being cold to him.. -_-
And I think Dante might not like being a demon.

Lord help both of them...-_-

UPDATE SOON!!!

#35 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

AWESOME UPDATE!!!

I sure hope she can pull out of that contract in some way. :(
I think Linares is so sad...it's a pity that she's being cold to him.. -_-
And I think Dante might not like being a demon.

Lord help both of them...-_-

UPDATE SOON!!!

#36 Avalonlover

Avalonlover

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image
^DANIEL HENNEY OMFGHIA!!! *fans self*

DANIEL HENNEY!!!! Wooooohooooo~~~~~~ I love him ^^

Dante is soooooo sweet!!! Does he age??
The update was fantabulous~~

Angela

#37 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Those guys are super hot, katfaye! I think any of them would fit pretty much perfectly!

#38 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

MMMMM. Daniel Henney. Remember in the Manga/Asian Drama thread? *swoons*

-Amy

#39 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

Those guys are super hot, katfaye! I think any of them would fit pretty much perfectly!

hahaha :D they are sizzling, no? xD

MMMMM. Daniel Henney. Remember in the Manga/Asian Drama thread? *swoons*

-Amy

hahaha yesss! xD

but Daniel Henney might be too old for my taste (though i cant say hes out of my hottie radar!!!)

thats why im going for...

TA DAAAAAAAA

SHIROTA YUU!!!

hes so just friggin adorable!!!!!

Posted Image

#40 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

Okay, this story is kind of fast-paced, so all the action and mystery will reveal themselves soon :)

Two

A few months passed, and the Rosello mansion bustled with activity. It was the tenth anniversary of the Flor Fina cigars, and many of the maids and knaves scuttled about to clean the whole mansion, to replace the tapestries, and to create a perfect ambiance for the celebration. The employees of the factory were invited; including many of the elites from around the country, as they were wealthy benefactors of the company. This gathering was the talk of the town, and many of the affluent families wanted to be invited. If you were invited to this event, this would go to show your social importance, and would raise you a notch higher on the social scale. This was what the townsfolk thought, and in desperation, would flatter Malena into giving them an invitation. Even the women, who evidently despised Malena, showered her with adulation which she needn’t require. Despite their obvious efforts, they were not invited. Only the humble Zarraga family was given a letter of invitation.

The preparation for the celebration was nearly complete. Dante had supervised the buffet of food that would be displayed on a table in the garden, the decoration of the whole mansion, and the progress of the maids and knaves.

Malena received a letter from the Kapitan Heneral the night before the day of the celebration. He held the highest position above anyone in the country, and she felt honored to have been given a letter that was personally written by him. The letter stated that he was attending the anniversary, and asked if Malena would be willing to give him a box of Flor Fina cigars, as it was his favorite brand. He continued on his letter with talks about various matters, and Malena didn’t see how it could be relevant to the celebration. She wrote a letter back, full of reverence to His Highness.

The day of the celebration came, and many guests came earlier than the specified time. They arrived at five in the afternoon, rather than six in the evening. Despite this, the garden had already been set up for their use, and the mansion was tidied up, with colorful banners bearing the title ‘Happy 10th Anniversary’ strung in places that would most likely meet the eye. The maids and knaves, the stable hand and the cook, were all dressed up formally for this occasion. The maids were pouring wine for the guests who held up pewter goblets that had been served by the knaves. Many of the guests roamed around the garden and the mansion, scrutinizing every bit of painting, sculpture or anything that caught their eye, meticulously.

Malena was in her bedchamber, being dressed up and pampered by two of her maids, and her personal seamstress.

“This dress is perfect for you,” the seamstress said, proud of her work. She began tying the laces at her back, and the maids started forming the puffs of linen law of her sleeves, intercepted with bands of silk satin and lace. The dress was a lovat green evening gown with a bodice of jacquard-woven silk and ruched silk. It was a dress that complemented her fair skin, and the lovely rich honey color of her hair. Her maids tied her hair into an updo of curls, which cascaded gracefully down her back like rippling waves. Malena wore her gloves as an accessory, and emerald earrings which matched the color of her eyes.

“My lady,” the seamstress said, turning Malena around for them to see properly, “you look absolutely beautiful tonight.”

Malena nodded her head with her lips in a false smile. “Thank you for your services.” Carrying her skirts, she rushed out the door of her chamber, and slowly descended the double winding staircase. She wanted to meet her guests, and be the greatest hostess she could be.

A middle-aged guest had been observing the newel posts of the staircase, which embodied a maze of foliage, roses, and birds. He had been observing it quite seriously for some time, that when he noticed the lady Malena step down unto the last step of the stairs, he could not close his mouth, nor could he stop himself from staring at the angelic face that passed him. The guests that were lounging around the entrance hall also turned to look at her. The men and women that had been given invitations were respectable people from wealthy families, and they knew their manners. They regarded her with admiration, and remembered her parents who were also beautiful. They were fortunate to be invited to this celebration, and they did not allow themselves to think ill of the party that served to recognize the ten years of excellence that the Flor Fina brand demonstrated.

Linares was one of the guests that were invited to the celebration, and when he saw Malena, he could not stop his heart from pounding. Despite the furious rushing of heat into his cheeks, he stepped up beside her, and tucked her hand in the crook of his arm.

“May I escort you, my love?” Linares asked her gently, hoping she would not refuse his offer. The last time he came to see her was more than a month ago, when he brought his parents to meet her.

“You may,” Malena said. They both descended the front steps with a grace and elegance that made people turn their heads. They both walked towards the inner garden, and Malena released the hand that held on to the crook of Linares’ arm.

The guests inside the mansion quickly left and returned to the garden. All of the people stood up, waiting for Malena to speak. Malena had always the talent of charisma, and had always put it to good use. She began her impromptu speech which talked about the beginnings of the company, and the many workers that had helped to achieve the excellent product. She raised her goblet of wine towards the workers that were standing idly to one side, and the guests cheered. She also talked about her parent’s hardwork, and how their sudden death had left her wanting to revive her father’s beloved cigar factory. After the end of her speech, a few of the women were sniffing into their handkerchiefs, and dabbing at the tears that glided down their cheeks. The men were moved as well, but refused to show any true tears.

Before Malena’s guests could chatter on to themselves about her poignant speech, she announced a guest. The Kapitan Heneral had arrived late for the celebration, as was his custom in most parties, and walked through the pathway the guests had made way for him, with his entourage of men behind him. The crowd of guests cheered the venerable presence of the hailed Kapitan, and nobody knew that he had actually heard Malena’s touching address. He thought more highly of her after this, and knew that she was a rare woman in society. He had thought very highly of her when she started restoring her parent’s factory ten years ago, when she was merely fifteen. Looking at her more closely, he could see that she was extraordinary. The grace and intelligence she exuded was remarkable. She was going to take her rightful place in society, the Kapitan made sure of it.

Dante was carefully looking after Malena, even while he stood behind the buffet table, serving the guests. She was talking to his workers, and they exchanged pleasantries with each other. Malena, Dante saw, was trying hard to smile and act agreeable with the other guests. He knew it must be hard for her; she was not a woman who smiled very often. But only the people who saw her genuine smile would see its true beauty.

Dante stopped cleaning the goblets when his eyes focused on an elderly man with a full head of white hair. His eyebrows sunk low into his forehead, making forever a deep disapproving expression on his leathery face. Dante knew who this old man was, and he heightened his senses to know of what the old man was planning to do.

“Hello, my dear Malena,” the old man said, smiling up at the daughter of his best friend. He held a goblet of wine in one hand. “It has been a long time since we met.”

“Yes, it has,” Malena replied politely. “How have you been, Uncle Ramon?”

“I am doing well, thank you,” Ramon said. He lifted the cup of wine in her direction. “Please take this. I see that you have not drank anything this evening yet.”

Malena took the goblet from him with subtle gratitude.

“Your speech this early evening was inspiring,” Ramon said, eyeing the silver goblet in her hand. “I miss your father. We were the best of friends.” He looked away, as if it pained him to talk about it. “I’m sorry I had not given my condolences sooner.”

“It is alright.” Malena raised the goblet to her lips.

“Yes…” Ramon whispered involuntarily, eyeing the movement.

“My lady,” Dante interrupted.

Malena lowered the hand that enclosed the goblet. She had not drunk a sip of the wine because of the sudden intervention.

“Excuse us,” Malena said, bobbing her head slightly in Ramon’s direction. She walked towards a secluded part of the garden, and Dante followed her.

“Is this something important that you had to interrupt our conversation?” Malena demanded roughly.

“Yes it is, milady,” Dante said. “It very much depends on your life.”

Malena looked at him dubiously. “I do not know what you mean.”

Dante took the goblet from her hand, and drank it until it was empty. His brows knitted together in concentration, as he tried to find out its contents. He frowned. “You were about to get poisoned. The wine you were about to drink had high concentrations of Mercury.”

“Poisoned?” Malena repeated. “Why would anyone want to poison me? I don’t think anyone harbors such a deep grudge towards me that they want me killed.”

Malena suddenly blanched. She knew how close she was to death, if she had sipped the wine. But it was Uncle Ramon who gave it to her! Ramon would never have poisoned the wine on purpose. He was the best friend of her father, and had been loyal to the Rosello family for years. “But…Uncle Ramon…” she shivered. “I do not understand…” she raised her eyes so she could meet Dante’s black ones. “Why did he attempt to kill me? I thought he at least would still stay by my side.”

“These are just situations that you cannot comprehend if you do not know the reason. I advise you to guard yourself, my lady. I thought you had lost trust in everyone but me.” Dante looked down at her caramel head, waiting for a reply.

“But I still trust my late father, and the people he trusts. I do not want to scar his memory,” she said, clenching her fists.

“Ah, there you have wrong,” the butler leaned forward to whisper in her ear, “humans are not what they seem. They can easily show a kind face, and turn their backs on you at the same time. They are willing to betray each other for their own selfishness and greed.” Dante withdrew from her ear slowly, and Malena saw his normal black eyes had turned a lighter shade of crimson.

“I am a human. Are you saying that I am a betrayer as well?” She looked up at the eyes that started to turn golden.

“You have betrayed Linares, and played him for a fool.” Dante’s lips twisted into a wry smile.

“How have I betrayed him?” Malena asked, feeling a sharp pain in her throat.

“You are toying with the love he has for you, my dear lady.” Dante bowed to his mistress, his arm sweeping before him. His eyes met hers when he raised himself from the bow. “I am sure you know that. He loves you, and yet you do not return his love. You betrayed the image he has of you in his heart.”

“I have no love left in me,” Malena replied sharply, annoyed by the censure her butler had given her. “I cannot give what I do not have.”

Dante smiled wanly. “I will go back now, my lady. Remember to be wary of everyone. You cannot trust anyone but me in this world.” He returned the goblet of wine in her hands, and walked away to stand behind the buffet table, leaving Malena to stand where she was, obviously exasperated by their conversation.

Because of her anger, she had nearly forgotten about Ramon, until she walked passed him, and saw him eye the empty goblet in her hand.

“I see you have finished the wine in no time,” Ramon said, his voice an annoying grating sound. “Would you want me to fetch you some more wine, my lady?”

Malena give him an icy smile, seeing through the act of kindness he was presenting. “No thank you, uncle.”

Ramon frowned slightly, and left her side hurriedly. She looked after his retreating figure, trying to find out the reason why he wanted to poison her. He had always been a kind person to her when she was a child. He had given her gifts of plenty, and had raised her up on his shoulders. She had seen him laugh countless of times with her father, and had known that they were the best of friends. Why would he want to poison his best friend’s surviving heir? It was a mystery.

While Malena was talking to many of the guests and her workers, she heard a loud shout from the entrance of the courtyard. Many of the guests turned their heads to the raucous sound, and Malena rushed to the scene to reprimand whoever it was that caused such a disturbance.

A young servant of hers, by the name of Jek, was pushing away a little ragged girl who was clutching at the servants coarse coat, holding on tightly. She was a filthy little thing, with streaks of mud across her cheeks, and a disheveled head of hair. Her dress was colorful, yet it was ripped and tarnished, and there were clear bruises on her delicate pale skin. She looked like she had been battered.

Malena held Jek’s arm; the arm that was hitting the young girl repeatedly. Jek turned around quickly, and flushed, letting go of the child.

“What are you doing?” Malena asked coldly. The sun on the western horizon had started to set, and the sky was ablaze with color. It made Malena look picturesque under the beautiful colors, that it was hard for Jek to speak until she shook him hard.

“M-My lady,” Jek stammered. The little girl had not run away, and was still beside him, staring up at the beautiful lady in front of her. “I-I…this child here is a bandit! A child bandit. She was about to enter and grab anything priceless. I was only meaning to stop her.”

Malena looked down at the child who looked like she was about to burst into tears. Her heart did not feel any pity or compassion for her, but she had thought of a use for this child. She called out to Mrs Tenette, an elderly woman who was the head of the maids. She arrived quickly, her face flushed from the attention her mistress was giving her.

“Take this child,” Malena said, pushing the little girl to her sights. “Bathe her, feed her, and clothe her.”

“Aye, madam.” Mrs Tenette curtsied, roughly grabbed the child by the arm, and dragged her inside the mansion using the back stairs where the guests could not see them.

Jek could only stare lewdly at the delicate curve of his mistress' ivory neck, and the way she walked with a sophisticated air about her. He had always been attracted to his mistress, but could only look at her; like a beautiful rose encased in glass. He had always been proud of being the servant of the beautiful Malena, and was usually the envy of his friends, who also admired her beauty.

Malena went back to the garden, and returned to being the wonderful hostess people wanted her to be. Some of the guests had seen what had happened with the little child bandit, but they restrained themselves from asking questions. They could not understand, however, why the lady Malena wanted to keep the child in her home. The child was a filthy little thing, and did not have the graces to even give her gratitude to one as compassionate as the lady. Any sane human would give up every opportunity to be able to live with the enchanting hostess, and the child did not recognize this. She was just a child bandit. She meant nothing. Why was she treated so importantly by an eminent woman who had almost everyone dancing in the palm of her hand? They suddenly found themselves thrust into envy of the little child.

Linares, after drinking more than two cups of wine, wanted to announce the engagement publicly. He grabbed Malena by the waist, and lifted his third goblet of wine. “May I all have your attention!”

A hush fell upon the guests, and they turned their gazes to him, and on the hand around Malena’s waist. A few of the men were envious of Linares, who so boldly touched a part of their alluring goddess.

“I am sure most of you know me?” Linares asked, his voice a little too high-pitched. Malena knew that he was drunk. He had a low resistance to wine. She struggled to free herself from his grasp, but could not.

A few of the people in the crowd nodded. They knew of Linares, and how he had taken over his father’s business at such a young age. He was well-respected among his peers, and many women had thrown themselves at his feet.

“I am the heir to the Zamora family. I own the trading ships in the eastern dock, and people may say I am wealthy.” Many of the men raised their eyebrows at this. Yes, they knew he was wealthy, but there was no reason for him to boast about it in front of them. “I am engaged to this princess.” Linares kissed Malena on the temple, and the women gasped, pressing their ornamented fans to their rouged mouths. Some of the men could not believe this, as some of them had been given their marriage proposals to Malena, and had been rejected.

“Linares!” Malena whispered sharply.

“I do not know when we will wed,” Linares continued, tightening his hold around her waist, “but it will be soon. Because we both love each other.” He looked challengingly at the men who had been rejected by Malena. “This is my woman now, and no one will dare touch her.” He turned around unsteadily on his feet, but still lifted his cup aloft. “That is all I wanted to say.”

Malena caught his weight before Linares could stumble forward, and she caught Dante’s eye. He immediately came forward, and helped Linares to his feet.

“Bring him to the spare chamber near my own. He cannot stand straight, nor talk rationally. He will be staying tonight, and I will kick him out on the morrow when he feels better,” Malena said.

“Yes, my lady.” Dante’s eyes glittered ruby red, and he walked away with Linares' arm slung across his shoulder.

Some of the men and women went to crowd around Malena to confirm the so-called engagement that Linares had spoken of so arrogantly. Malena did not lie, and many of them were disappointed.

The celebration ended when the purpling twilight started to encompass the land. They left with much respect, and told Malena of how great the party was. She stood at the front gates, waving at them as they left. Ramon, the man she had thought was loyal to her family, bid her goodbye with a raw smile that made her heart harden.

“My lady,” the Kapitan Heneral said, standing before the tall, wrought iron gates. His entourage formed a small crowd behind him. “This was a splendid celebration.”

“I am grateful for the praise, Your Highness,” Malena said pleasantly, bobbing a neat curtsy. “I wish you to attend more of my gatherings in the future.”

“I certainly will.” The Kapitan Heneral smiled. “You are a wonder, Malena. You are deemed worthy of the praises I have heard about you.” He lifted her gloved hand, and bent down to kiss it. “May you always thrive despite adversaries.”

“I always do, Your Highness.” The confidence he saw in her eyes made the Kapitan’s smile broaden. This was a lady that was made of steel. With one last admiring glance her way, the Kapitan and his entourage sauntered out the gates.

When all the guests had gone, Malena went back to the mansion in search of the little child she was going to take care of. It wasn’t long before she found her, sitting on one of the Chinese hand carved serpent courting chairs near the base of the stairwell. She was sitting idly, looking blankly at the iron sconces against the limestone wall. She had been tidied up, and dressed up in an elaborate blue silk dress. The color of her hair was now noticeable, and it was the color of caramel. Despite the clear bruises on her pale skin, she was still as pretty as a china doll. The little girl looked up at Malena with wide, clear eyes that resembled an Emerald, shining in the glint of the sun.

Malena inhaled sharply. No. It couldn’t be. It wasn’t possible. She looked away from the child, her hands balled into fists. This child wasn’t supposed to be here! She wasn’t supposed to come back to her, this child that she had abandoned those many years ago. She forced her heart to steady, but the hatred still boiled inside her everytime she remembered the sparkling emerald eyes that looked at her with innocence; with naïve eyes that still did not see the complications of the world.

“Why did you bring me here?” the child asked, her voice soft and pure; untainted by hatred and corruption. “I’m sorry if I came. I was just passing by. I came from a city somewhere…near here.” She smiled toothily at Malena, but she had her head faced the other way. “I was really hungry. I haven’t eaten anything in three days, since the last time I came from the city. I thought this house would be kind enough to give me food, so I entered.” She lifted a lanky hand. “It is a good thing the nice old lady gave me something to eat. I thought I would have collapsed in hunger.”

“Why are you here?” It was hard for Malena to stop the trembling in her voice. She felt an undeniable pain in her chest that constricted her heart.

“Why?” The girl stared at her, wide-eyed. “Because I’m looking for my mother. The people who took care of me back in Sterva, told me the man who give me to them came from the town of Beata. So I thought…”

“Your mother is not here!” Malena shouted painfully. “She died.” She was choking on her words. “She is a monster. You should go back.”

The girl lifted her vibrant green eyes to the woman whose expression was contorted into pain and anger. “Granny Orchid said my mom is a beautiful and kind person. She said that the reason she abandoned me was because she loved me so much, and because she didn’t want me to get hurt. That is why I am looking for my mother, to tell her that I am strong enough and that I will not get hurt easily.” She smiled happily at Malena, without any reservations. “I still love my mother, even though I have not seen her…”

The little girl hopped off the chair, and stood close to Malena, who still had her head turned away. Her eyes were rimmed with pink, but the little girl could still see how beautiful she was, like a princess from one of the tattered storybooks she had read. The woman's eyes were as green as her own, and though the color of her hair was a shade darker than hers, she could tell it was the same. There was something that pulled the little girl towards her, and her heart started pounding at the thought that lingered in her innocent mind.

“Are you my mother?” the little girl asked quietly.

Malena turned her whole body away from the little girl that looked at her with painfully searching eyes. “I am not your mother!”

“You are.” The little girl was persistent. “My name is Vida. It was the name given to me by the man who left me in the care of Granny Orchid. It means ‘life’.”

Malena did not want to speak to this child any longer. She rushed up the stairs with her hand over her mouth, desperately trying to restrain the angry tears that wished to fall down her cheeks.

Dante saw his mistress close the door furiously behind her. He had not seen her in such a lively state in years, and he wanted to know the cause. He slowly went down the stairs, and spotted a head of honey-colored hair. The little girl was standing by the end of the stairwell, with a blank expression on her face. Dante could not help but smile. So this was what his mistress had seen. Why on earth did she even order to bring the child in when it only caused her grief?

Dante knelt down in front of the little girl, and took her thin hand in his. “Vida, welcome home. Your mother has been going through turbulent times, and you must understand her situation.” Vida nodded her head, her lips starting to tremble. “Don’t cry now. Your mother won’t like it.” He wiped the tears that started to glisten at the corner of her eyes. “Be a good girl, and follow whatever she says. Don’t speak when you’re not spoken to, and your mother will be pleased.” The little girl wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. “You have come a long way to find her, and you have found her at last. Does it not feel good?”

Vida looked at the handsome butler with watery eyes. “I am happy.”

“I’m sure you are.” Dante smiled. He stood up, and held the child’s hand.

#41 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

Ugh. I hate how word always underlines some words with red, even though they're okay!! And sometimes I trust Word too much.

Like this:

Linares left early that evening. He promised to come back in a few weeks with his parent’s

There ain't supposed to be an apostrophe! Grr...>__<";

Spoiler

Phew. That's basically what was going on in my head.

-Amy

Nice theory you've got there, Amy! :P :P It's actually more creative than what I've concocted! lol xD

If evil can love, then love can turn evil right? Then both of these exist, and there is definitely such a thing as evil :D Because both love and hate are two faces of one coin. One cannot exist without the other. x__x

i just realized how i have bombarded this virgin thread with pictures of hot, hot, sizzling hot MEN.

but im sure tanya would forgive me. *winks at Tanya*

we both house a lot of *green* fantasies in our heads, and go man-hunting online lmaoo

oooh.

im sure tanya's salivating because of the pictures by now.

tee hee.

You know me too well!! And we're just internet buddies! LMAO. Those guys are sizzling like bacon, dude! xD Yummmmyyy.

DANIEL HENNEY!!!! Wooooohooooo~~~~~~ I love him ^^

Dante is soooooo sweet!!! Does he age??
The update was fantabulous~~

Angela

EEK! Daniel HENNEY!!! He looks SOOOO amazingly GOOD in a tux, I SWEAR it! I think he's the BEST LOOKING guy in a suit. And his body! auehdfjcxkn!! My jaw went slack when I saw him half-naked on screen. Dayuuummm that torso!

And before I continue ranting about my obsession over Daniel Henney, lemme answer you question: Dante doesn't age xD

SHIROTA YUU!!!

hes so just friggin adorable!!!!!

Posted Image

Are you tryin ta steal MY MAN?!?!!? HOW DARE YOU!!!

Yuu-kun is mineeeeee!!!

When I go to Japan, I am soooo going to find him and take a picture with him!! xD xD He is so adorable *melts into a pool of mushy liquid at his feet*

I agree with you in your previous post. Eurasian dudes and dudettes are HAWT. I have a lot of Eurasian friends, and most of them are really good-looking.

Like this college guy who was watching our basketball game a few months ago. He was wearing dark shades, so I didn't know what he fully looked like, but mannn, despite it all, you could tell he's caliente! He looked like a Latino, with tanned sinewy arms, and a tall physique *drools* And during my freshman year, I saw this Sophomore who was sooo good-looking. He looked Latino too (why do I have a thing for Latino's? xD But they're both Eurasians). Their classroom was just opposite ours, with windows facing each other. During classes, I usually found myself staring through the window, looking into their classroom. I was caught staring at him once, by his sister (who was in the same class as him). It was so EMBARRASSING!! I was daydreaming, and staring at his profile when his sister saw me and pointed me to him!! They both looked through the glass to look at me. I could have died on my chair right then! @____@;; soooo embarrassinggggg. Well, he had a rotten personality anyway *shrugs* he slept with a lot of girls. But he was a really good dancer! O_O When he danced with his group, I could only stare at him lmaoo. Well, most of the girls couldn't keep their eyes away from him either, so it was not just me who was captivated.

EEEP. I still remember his oozing hotness. *cough* but that was a long, long time ago *sighs*

I'm still searching for my long-lost guy best friend (I haven't seen him in 8 YEARS). He is half-Japanese and really cute :9 LOL. I have pictures of him when we were in 1st grade and I think he's grown to be really handsome now...*drools*

*reprimands self* no more pervy thoughts, Tanya!

:D

Much♥,
Tanya

#42 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Hiiiiiiiiiii

Oh my God!!!!

Malena is a mother!!!!?????

Or is the little girl lying?

I'm confused.

Love your writing!!

UPDATE SOON ;)

Alex

#43 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

I loved the update!!!!

Update very very very soon!!!

#44 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

Great chapter!

I like Dante more every time I read about him. :) If he wasn't a demon he'd be perfect.

If evil can love, then love can turn evil right? Then both of these exist, and there is definitely such a thing as evil. Because both love and hate are two faces of one coin. One cannot exist without the other. x__x

Good point. I never really thought of it that way...

Update soon!

#45 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

Aw thanks Tanya. :lol: Poor Malena. She's a mother. It's when she was raped...right? Wait... she was- wasn't she?
And Dante. He's so mysterious. I want to know more. I still think he's hot. Lol.

And your comment above... I'm looking for my old friend too. >_< I bet he's all grown up now. I miss him so much.

-Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users