• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#46 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Hey guys! This isn't really my favorite update in the world, but it'll get better, I promise.

And WHAT did you say about there MIGHT be a happy ending?
It's not for sure?
HOW CAN THAT BE??
*WAILS*
NO!!!

I'm not saying there's not going to be a happy ending, I'm just saying there might not be a happy ending for Piper and Brennan.

Hope you guys like the update!

:heartbeat: Sara

Chapter Twelve
Audrey’s POV

I crawled out of my parents’ car and dragged my bags down to the high school gym, where half the team was already waiting for practice to start.

It was too early for this.

Why did we have to wake up this early? The cheer team never had practice before seven. Why couldn’t we be like that?

Piper and Hazel were both napping, using their dance bags for pillows. I remembered my plan as the pretty girl stirred, sighing.

Onyx just sat there, staring off into the distance.

“You okay, Onyx?” I asked as I sat down next to her.

“Yeah,” she said, shaking herself out of her daze. “Just tired.”

“I hear you,” I agreed. “It’s too early for this.”

All of a sudden the doors opened and Jade bounced in. “Good morning everyone!” she shouted cheerfully.

A collective groan rose from the girls.

Piper’s green eyes opened and she squinted at the light. “What the hell?” she moaned, rolling over. Hazel didn’t even move.

Kacey shuffled in and dropped her bag on the floor, plopping down beside it.

“You look great, Kace,” I joked, gazing at her disheveled appearance.

“Shut up, it’s Thursday, I’m allowed,” she shot back wearily.

April came into the gym and laughed when she saw us all. “Good morning, cheerful people,” she greeted as she sat down in the bleachers. “Time to get moving.”

Everyone struggled to their feet and started stretching. I strategically ended up by Piper.

“So, Brennan and I went to the mall yesterday,” I told her. I might as well keep lying. It was working to my advantage.

Oh, really?” She only sounded mildly interested. It was evident that maybe I wasn’t the only actress on the squad.

“Yeah. He was being kind of annoying…”

“How?” she asked, still keeping up her nonchalant attitude. I had to admit I was impressed by her skill.

“He was all over me. I couldn’t get him off.”

“I don’t see why that’s a bad thing,” she remarked. “Isn’t that what you wanted?”

“Well, sure, but I didn’t think he’d do it constantly.”

“I guess…” She didn’t sound convinced.

“And then he was flirting with every girl he saw,” I continued, sounding disgusted.

I realized my mistake when Piper frowned. “Uh huh.”

“What I meant was, anytime he wasn’t holding onto me, he was flirting with someone else,” I corrected quickly.

“That must’ve been annoying.” She didn’t even try to mask her feelings this time. She could tell I was lying. Hopefully she didn’t know which one I was lying about. Both of them.

“Yeah. If he wasn’t so hot then I’d drop him, no question,” I told her.

“Makes sense.”

I glanced over at Hazel and saw her staring at me with a confused look on her face. After all, I’d told her that I didn’t go with him to the mall. I hoped she wouldn’t say anything, but I knew her. She would. I’d have to do some damage control really fast or else I would blow it.

After practice I managed to get Hazel alone.

“Why did you tell Piper you went to the mall with Brennan this weekend? You told me you didn’t end up going at all.” Hazel crossed her arms over her chest.

“I told you I didn’t end up going with him on Friday night. I went with him Saturday.”

“Oh.” Hazel looked relieved. “Why didn’t you just tell me that before?”

I sighed, pretending to be frustrated. “Because I didn’t know it was that big of a deal. I mean, come on, Hazel, I’d never lie to you, would I?”

“No, I guess not. I’m sorry, Audrey.”

“It’s okay. Just try not to jump to conclusions anymore, okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll try.”

Hazel walked away and I sighed. I’d avoided that little crash and burn admirably. Now all I had to do was make sure I kept my act clean from now on. I couldn’t afford any more slip-ups.

I went through school thinking up ways to get Piper to forget about Brennan. I came up with a million different things to say about him, but I knew they would only work if she would start believing me. She was going to prove much more difficult to convince than I’d originally anticipated.

As I headed to my locker at the end of school to get my things, I spotted Brennan walking up to me. I smiled at him, this time positive I could handle lying to him.

“So, did you ask Piper if she wanted to come to the mall with us tomorrow?” Brennan asked hopefully as he approached.

“I did,” I lied, trying to look like I sympathized with him, “but she’s really busy this weekend. She told me she had a ton of things to do, and she just couldn’t make it.”

“Well, do you have her number? Maybe I could text her, or call her. That’s better than nothing, I guess.”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t have it.” Another lie. I was getting even better at this than I already was. “I asked for it, but she got really distracted and didn’t have time to give it to me.” I paused. “You know, we could still go to the mall.”

He smiled. “Thanks for trying to make me feel better, Audrey, but I think I just need to chill for a while, okay?”

I nodded, upset. “Sure,” I told him, masking my pain.

He sighed, dejected. “This really sucks, you know?” he remarked. “I mean, I enjoyed talking to her so much… she really cared about what I had to say.”

“I care about what you have to say!” I cried indignantly.

“Yeah, but not the way she did,” he amended. “Piper… she really listened. She didn’t just try to flirt with me. She talked to me like I was a person.”

“How many people have you told?”

“Just my friends.”

I nodded. No telling what that meant.

“They’re trying to find out what they can, but that’s kinda hard since none of them know her very well.”

“I’m doing what I can,” I fibbed.

“I know,” he said, “and I really appreciate it.”

I shrugged. “No big deal.”

“No, it is a big deal. Piper is the only girl I’ve ever felt this strongly about. I admit, I was a player, but she’s… she’s worth giving it up for.”

I filed the player tidbit away for future reference. Surely one of her friends could back me up if I fed her that piece of information.

“Thank you, Audrey. You have no idea how much this means to me.”

I felt a tinge of guilt as I watched him walk away. He really liked her, but was I willing to give him up just so he could be happy? No, I decided. I would be selfish. Besides, he would realize soon enough that I was better for him than she was.

#47 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

stupid audrey!

go die!!! in hell!!

make her die..please?..

wahahahahha..

okay i love the update..

except it was audrey's pov..eewww..lol..

update soon..

☺Leah☺

#48 WriteAccrossTheSky<3

WriteAccrossTheSky<3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

Jeezum, I'm terrible at keeping up on here! I think I've missed the last seven gagillion posts or so. But, at last, I am now all caught up.

So up until chapter 10 I almost felt bad for Audrey on a certain level (hold your boos and hisses, there's more...). She just seemed like an insecure, average, selfish girl, right? But now? URGHHHHHHHHHHHH. She is driving me absolutely up the freaking wall! How can she fit through doors with such a huge head?

And at the same time, I keep liking Piper more and more. She's so...relatable. The whole thing with her not knowing how to show a guy she likes him...boy, how I know how that goes. I'm rooting for you, Piper!

I'm hoping Brennan will grow a brain at some point here and realize how ridiculously fake Audrey is. I mean, I'm sure he's not stupid...but she's playing him like a piano (If that makes sense as a phrase...?).

You write so beautifully, Sara! I love how real all your characters are. Update! Please! It's summer now, so I should be a little better at keeping up. Hopefully. =)

#49 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:08 AM

Alright, that was not even that bad.
I read that chapter without having any heart attacks.
That's all.
Nothing too bad other than the last paragraph.
The part where she says she will be SELFISH!
I hate her.

And what do you mean when you say A happy Ending but not for Brennan and Piper. Then a happy ending for WHOM?
Audrey and Brennan. DON'T SAY SO PLEASE!!!!

Anyways, update soon!
Piper's POV next!

And CONGRATULATIONS ON A 2ND PAGE!!!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#50 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

Hey! Since I might not be able to reply for a while (I'm not exactly sure where I'm going on chapter 13. I have the basic idea but imagining it and actually writing it are two completely different things...) I decided to go ahead and let you all know what's going on.

stupid audrey!

go die!!! in hell!!

make her die..please?..

Haha I've gotten that one a LOT. One of my friends asked me to make her jump off a building and/or get hit by a bus. :icon_lol: Unfortunately, that's not in my plans for Audrey, and she'll be very much alive at the end of the story.

So up until chapter 10 I almost felt bad for Audrey on a certain level (hold your boos and hisses, there's more...). She just seemed like an insecure, average, selfish girl, right? But now? URGHHHHHHHHHHHH. She is driving me absolutely up the freaking wall! How can she fit through doors with such a huge head?

Don't worry about boos and hisses. ;) I actually STILL feel sorry for Audrey. I mean, even though she's really selfish and conceited, unrequited love is hard. And I'm not saying she doesn't go about this whole thing the wrong way, because she totally does. But being noticed is the only thing she's ever known, so it's hard for her to adjust to being just another face in the crowd to the boy she wants.

And at the same time, I keep liking Piper more and more. She's so...relatable. The whole thing with her not knowing how to show a guy she likes him...boy, how I know how that goes. I'm rooting for you, Piper!

I'm glad you like her! :D I actually have the EXACT same problem she does. ^_^ But then again, guys have always been hard for girls to figure out, even though we're a LOT more complicated than they are. :icon_lol: And even if you CAN show a guy you like him, the way society is changing to give women more opportunities (while I'm not saying that isn't AWESOME) can confuse guys, because every girl is different. Now they have to think about 'would they be offended if I asked for their number?' or 'should I hold open the door for them or would they think that's chauvinistic?' It was a lot simpler back in the early 1900s and back further...

I'm hoping Brennan will grow a brain at some point here and realize how ridiculously fake Audrey is. I mean, I'm sure he's not stupid...but she's playing him like a piano (If that makes sense as a phrase...?).

Hmm... let's see if I can say this in a nice way... :unsure: Although Brennan is definitely not stupid, he's not the brightest bulb in the box, if you catch my drift. He's nowhere near as smart as Piper is, nor as clever as Audrey. He tends to use his physical strength more than his mental strength. As you'll find out later he has a history of violence and his family made him take anger management classes (that's not too much of a spoiler so I figure it's not that big of a deal to tell you). And your phrase makes total sense. :D

You write so beautifully, Sara! I love how real all your characters are. Update! Please! It's summer now, so I should be a little better at keeping up. Hopefully. =)

Thank you! :blush: I originally based this on real people, and since I don't know some people in it very well, I've had to go on my own perceptions of the person. I'm glad I'm doing okay! And I'll try to update consistently, but my squad is having a ton of practices, and I've been exhausted lately. I WILL try, though. :)

And what do you mean when you say A happy Ending but not for Brennan and Piper. Then a happy ending for WHOM?
Audrey and Brennan. DON'T SAY SO PLEASE!!!!

I can't tell you much, but I WILL say this. PIPER will have a happy ending. ;)

#51 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:40 AM

Ah..I get it.

Spoiler

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#52 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:55 AM

Hey everyone! I was able to push through my lack of direction and finish chapter 13!

[spoiler]You are going to introduce some other guy, who will end up with Piper and then she will have a happy ending.
And Audrey and Brennan will end up together right? There can be no other thing possible.

Yep. You've got it right. Except one thing. He's already been introduced.

Hope you like the chapter!

Chapter Thirteen
Piper’s POV

“Okay, girls, have a good day at school today,” April said as we all got our things together and headed off to the locker room.

“Oh, and don’t forget we’re all meeting at the movies at five,” Sage reminded us.

“Hey, Piper, do you think I can get a ride with you to the movies?” Audrey asked me as we all got ready.

“Yeah, sure, no problem.”

“Thanks,” she said. “You’re a lifesaver.”

I got ready quickly and hurried to my car to put my dance things away. I really didn’t want to take Audrey. I mean, I really didn’t want to hear any more about Brennan.

I practically sleepwalked through the day as I tried to forget. I’d known for years and years that fairytales were nothing but a bunch of lies fabricated to make women feel like maybe, just maybe men weren’t the boars they all acted like. I’d convinced myself of that after years of careful planning, and then one night of living one of those fairytales I’d read about everything went down the drain.

“So, Jade is still spreading rumors,” Melina growled as we sat at our lunch table. “This really isn’t cool. She needs to mind her own damn business.”

“I don’t really understand why she’s so interested.”

“I don’t know. It’s kind of pathetic that she has nothing better to do than go talk about me behind my back. And she’s not even doing it in a clever way. She’s being careless about it.”

“Yeah, I know.”

I tried to listen to Melina, I really, really did, but it was hard for me to focus. This was horrible. I really had to get on with my life.

The only fun part of my day at school was my English class. When I came in I heard Nate say, “But there’s no point to this game!”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s the point, Nate,” I told him. “It’s just for fun. Once you realize that you’ll see that there is a point.”

“You just confused me even more,” he admitted.

“That’s another one of the points to this game,” Hallie remarked with a laugh.

“Yearbooks are in!” one of the yearbook students announced as she came in and set a big box of yearbooks on our teacher’s desk. The girl left as quickly as she’d come.

“I don’t understand why we’re getting them three weeks before school’s out, but okay,” I said as we got our books.

“Why did we get a DVD this time?” Hallie asked.

“I don’t know. But I’ve heard it’s not very good this year,” Haven told us.

“Yeah, since Mr. Waylon left it’s only a slideshow.”

“No way,” Nate practically growled. I was a bit taken aback. I’d never seen this side of him before. “He was a child molester.”

“I know. I heard he made all the girls give him hugs before they could leave the room,” I put in, shuddering. “I’m glad I didn’t have to associate with him.”

“Yeah, me too,” Nate muttered.

“If he was doing that to girls, why is he working with even younger ones?” Haven asked. “Because that’s really scary.”

“I don’t know. I heard he was fired,” I reported.

“But if he was fired they wouldn’t have given him another job in the same district,” Hallie reasoned.

“You would think so,” I agreed. “But the administrators at Central have ridiculously low levels of common sense. And they have a huge dose of greed. They’d do anything to save the district money.”

“No kidding.”

“That’s horrible,” Nate said disgustedly. I had to admit that the protective side of him was kind of sexy.

Too bad all I could think about was Brennan.

“So, Nate, how’s your car?” his friend Ian Ellison asked, laughing.

The young man groaned. “Ugh. It’s not the best.”

“What do you mean? What kind of car is it?” I inquired.

“A disgusting one,” Nate told me, looking embarrassed.

“So you’re not gonna tell me?” I asked. “Come on, I won’t laugh. I promise.”

Nate frowned, turning a little red. “It’s an El Camino,” he admitted. I fought to keep back my smile. I guess it wasn’t too bad. I was expecting something much, much worse. “It’s really my brother’s car, but he got in some trouble with our mom and he got it taken away.”

“Wow, he must’ve done something pretty bad,” I remarked.

“Yeah, his brother’s a screw-up,” Ian told me.

“He’s messed up his life so badly I don’t know if he’ll ever fix it,” Nate informed. “The bad thing is that his mistakes are affecting me now too. I don’t have a cell phone anymore because of something he did.”

“That’s horrible,” I said sympathetically. I tried to find the positive in the situation. “Well, at least you have a car.”

“If you could call it that,” Ian joked.

“I guess so,” Nate agreed, ignoring his friend’s comment. He looked grateful for my understanding. “It gets me from point A to point B.”

“Or point B to point A,” Ian put in.

“It really doesn’t matter as long as it can do that,” I said. “My car wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but I love it anyway.”

“What kind of car is it?” Nate asked.

“It’s a Volkswagen Eos,” I told him.

“There aren’t many of those on the road,” Ian remarked. “I bet you get tagged a lot.”

“Nope. My car’s not one of those flashy Porsche-like models,” I said. “The only special thing about it is that it’s a convertible.”

“Oh, don’t worry,” Nate told me with a smile. “I have a feeling you’ll be tagged.”

“Great,” I said with a groan. “Come on, please don’t.”

“We won’t today,” Ian promised.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, that makes me feel so much better,” I told him sarcastically.

“It should.”

I laughed. It seemed like Nate and Ian were the only ones who could really distract me anymore. And they did a good job of it.

After school I got ready to go to the movies. This wasn’t something I particularly wanted to do. It had been a long day, and the last thing I wanted was to be stuck with Audrey in the car. I just knew she was going to talk about Brennan. She always found a reason to when I was around. It was kind of odd, actually. I mean, of all the people she could’ve talked to about it, why did she talk to me? I wasn’t even really that close to her.

Was she doing this to make me jealous? She definitely had a motive. Audrey had always seemed pretty vindictive, and any chance she could’ve gotten to rub in her own success, she would take. She knew I liked Brennan, and she wanted me to know once and for all that he was hers.

I freshened my makeup and slipped into my favorite jean skirt, then put on a casual tank top. I wanted to look cute, not like I was trying too hard.

Even though I knew I couldn’t forget Brennan, I had to try. My only chance was to try and see if I could find another guy to focus my energies on. Then maybe I could move on, and then everyone would be much, much happier.

But first I had to get Audrey to shut up.

~~~

If you don't know, tagging a car is writing on its windows with car chalk. ;) Just wanted to make sure I didn't confuse anyone.

#53 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

Ah! Thanks for the tagging bit. I really was wondering.
But first thing first.I guessed this BEFORE I read o nwith the chapter. the moment I read you reply to my theory, my brain started working and I came up with the answer. And I m telling you, I didn't read the chapter at all, just that when I read the chapter, my theory was confirmed. I know who will Piper end up with.

Spoiler

YAY!
And I really love Nate.
He is so funny, and he gets along with Piper too.

Well all I can say it that at least Piper is almost aware of Audrey's intentions. That should save her from some heart ache I guess.
Now I think Audrey will have to try harder if she wants to make Piper jealous.

Loved the update.

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#54 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

I am SO sorry guys! When I posted chapter 13 I accidentally forgot to put in one line (I'd had it planned out in my head and I guess I just thought I'd already typed it) and it really doesn't make sense without it.

I'll put the excerpt in quotes and put the new part in bold. Again, I'm really sorry!

The only fun part of my day at school was my English class. When I came in I heard Nate say, “But there’s no point to this game!”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s the point, Nate,” I told him. “It’s just for fun. Once you realize that you’ll see that there is a point.”

“You just confused me even more,” he admitted.

“That’s another one of the points to this game,” Hallie remarked with a laugh.

“Yearbooks are in!” one of the yearbook students announced as she came in and set a big box of yearbooks on our teacher’s desk. The girl left as quickly as she’d come.

“I don’t understand why we’re getting them three weeks before school’s out, but okay,” I said as we got our books.

“Why did we get a DVD this time?” Hallie asked.

“I don’t know. But I’ve heard it’s not very good this year,” Haven told us.

“Yeah, since Mr. Waylon left it’s only a slideshow.”

"Did you know he's working at the Central Middle School now?" I asked.

“No way,” Nate practically growled. I was a bit taken aback. I’d never seen this side of him before. “He was a child molester.”

"That's awful," Haven remarked. "Poor middle schoolers."

"Nobody here liked him. Not even the broadcasting kids," Hallie said.

“I know. I heard he made all the girls give him hugs before they could leave the room,” I put in, shuddering. “I’m glad I didn’t have to associate with him.”

“Yeah, me too,” Nate muttered.

“If he was doing that to girls, why is he working with even younger ones?” Haven asked. “Because that’s really scary.”

“I don’t know. I heard he was fired,” I reported.

“But if he was fired they wouldn’t have given him another job in the same district,” Hallie reasoned.

“You would think so,” I agreed. “But the administrators at Central have ridiculously low levels of common sense. And they have a huge dose of greed. They’d do anything to save the district money.”

“No kidding.”

“That’s horrible,” Nate said disgustedly. I had to admit that the protective side of him was kind of sexy.

Too bad all I could think about was Brennan.

“So, Nate, how’s your car?” his friend Ian Ellison asked, laughing.

The young man groaned. “Ugh. It’s not the best.”

“What do you mean? What kind of car is it?” I inquired.

“A disgusting one,” Nate told me, looking embarrassed.

“So you’re not gonna tell me?” I asked. “Come on, I won’t laugh. I promise.”

Nate frowned, turning a little red. “It’s an El Camino,” he admitted. I fought to keep back my smile. I guess it wasn’t too bad. I was expecting something much, much worse. “It’s really my brother’s car, but he got in some trouble with our mom and he got it taken away.”

“Wow, he must’ve done something pretty bad,” I remarked.

“Yeah, his brother’s a screw-up,” Ian told me.

“He’s messed up his life so badly I don’t know if he’ll ever fix it,” Nate informed. “The bad thing is that his mistakes are affecting me now too. I don’t have a cell phone anymore because of something he did.”

“That’s horrible,” I said sympathetically. I tried to find the positive in the situation. “Well, at least you have a car.”

“If you could call it that,” Ian joked.

“I guess so,” Nate agreed, ignoring his friend’s comment. He looked grateful for my understanding. “It gets me from point A to point B.”

“Or point B to point A,” Ian put in.

“It really doesn’t matter as long as it can do that,” I said. “My car wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but I love it anyway.”

“What kind of car is it?” Nate asked.

“It’s a Volkswagen Eos,” I told him.

“There aren’t many of those on the road,” Ian remarked. “I bet you get tagged a lot.”

“Nope. My car’s not one of those flashy Porsche-like models,” I said. “The only special thing about it is that it’s a convertible.”

“Oh, don’t worry,” Nate told me with a smile. “I have a feeling you’ll be tagged.”

“Great,” I said with a groan. “Come on, please don’t.”

“We won’t today,” Ian promised.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, that makes me feel so much better,” I told him sarcastically.

“It should.”

I laughed. It seemed like Nate and Ian were the only ones who could really distract me anymore. And they did a good job of it.

After school I got ready to go to the movies. This wasn’t something I particularly wanted to do. It had been a long day, and the last thing I wanted was to be stuck with Audrey in the car. I just knew she was going to talk about Brennan. She always found a reason to when I was around. It was kind of odd, actually. I mean, of all the people she could’ve talked to about it, why did she talk to me? I wasn’t even really that close to her.

Was she doing this to make me jealous? She definitely had a motive. Audrey had always seemed pretty vindictive, and any chance she could’ve gotten to rub in her own success, she would take. She knew I liked Brennan, and she wanted me to know once and for all that he was hers.

I freshened my makeup and slipped into my favorite jean skirt, then put on a casual tank top. I wanted to look cute, not like I was trying too hard.

Even though I knew I couldn’t forget Brennan, I had to try. My only chance was to try and see if I could find another guy to focus my energies on. Then maybe I could move on, and then everyone would be much, much happier.

But first I had to get Audrey to shut up.

#55 WriteAccrossTheSky<3

WriteAccrossTheSky<3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

Oh gosh, I was so scared there for a moment! I didn't realize you'd posted the chapter twice and thought I'd missed multiple updates yet again. I was going to be so tweekd with myself. haha.

But thank you for the second copy with the added-in sentences, because it definitely helped! I was a little confused as to why Nate was so angry about the DVD just being a slideshow. hahahaha. :P

Oh, and I HATE car tagging! My friend tagged me over a month ago and I still have blue streaks on my passenger-side window. Growl.

And might I now agree with the contents of all Suki's blacked-out messages. Definitely right. I'm excited.

Wait! They sent Mr...Waylon to the middle school?! That's crazy.

Anyway, not to obsess on the details.

UPDATE! Please. Por favor. ...shoot that's where my knowledge of languages runs out. haha.

yeah...

Update! :mgwave:

#56 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

But thank you for the second copy with the added-in sentences, because it definitely helped! I was a little confused as to why Nate was so angry about the DVD just being a slideshow. hahahaha.

Um... yeah. :icon_redface: I thought I'd written that part in because I'd imagined it so many times. Ugh. I wish I didn't have such an active imagination. I could've sworn I'd put that part in...

Oh, and I HATE car tagging! My friend tagged me over a month ago and I still have blue streaks on my passenger-side window. Growl.

Yeah. Uh... NATE tagged my car on the last day of school. He apparently asked my friend what color car I had while I was gone (because I had stupidly told him what model I have) and then like ten minutes later he conveniently had his mom get him out of class so he could go home and get his math book. I'd told him I'd show him my friend's car, because she was parked near me, and when he got back I asked him if he still needed me to and he covered his face and was like, "No, I'm good." And then I get out to the parking lot and my car's tagged. :mad:

Wait! They sent Mr...Waylon to the middle school?! That's crazy.

Yeah, I thought so too.

Haha I'll try to update soon!

#57 WriteAccrossTheSky<3

WriteAccrossTheSky<3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

Haha I know exactly what you mean about the imagination thing. Although what kind of writer would you be without an overactive imagination? I mean, you'd be like...a textbook writer or something. :blink:

#58 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

Haha I know exactly what you mean about the imagination thing. Although what kind of writer would you be without an overactive imagination? I mean, you'd be like...a textbook writer or something.

Hahahahahaha. :lol: What a fun job THAT would be...

#59 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

waaaahhh..
sara i didn't know you updated!
waaaahh..i missed it..
stupid finals..
anyways nice!
so is it gonna be nate or haven that piper's gonna end up with?
lol..it was an awesome update!
go piper! make that stupid annoying audrey shut up!
go piper go go go piper go!
lol..update soon!

☺Leah☺

#60 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:54 AM

so is it gonna be nate or haven that piper's gonna end up with?

Hahahahahaha. :) Haven is a girl. And while I have nothing against homosexuals, Piper is definitely not one.

#61 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

Hahaa Leah.
I had the same problem with Audrey first. Remember Sara, I mistook Audrey to be a boy and I felt REALLY weird when in the club Audrey started to have feelings for Brennan. I was a bit shocked, you see. And now imagine all those things Audrey said about Brennan, the first time she saw him, being said by a boy. Wouldn't that seem weird and VERY strange to you?
It did to me, and I was SO embarrassed when I realized that Audrey was actually a girl.

:lol:

Anyways, Sara update Soon.

BUT! By the way, you did not say anything about my latest theory. I posted it in my last comment, you did not reply to it.
Is it THAT way out of track?
:D

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#62 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hahaa Leah.
I had the same problem with Audrey first. Remember Sara, I mistook Audrey to be a boy and I felt REALLY weird when in the club Audrey started to have feelings for Brennan. I was a bit shocked, you see. And now imagine all those things Audrey said about Brennan, the first time she saw him, being said by a boy. Wouldn't that seem weird and VERY strange to you?
It did to me, and I was SO embarrassed when I realized that Audrey was actually a girl.

Haha yeah I remember. So, to keep from any further confusion, I'm gonna list all the characters up until now, no matter how small their parts, and their genders.

~Piper: female (main character)
~Brennan: male (main character)
~Audrey: female (main character)
~Hazel: female (one of the dance girl's; Piper and Audrey's friend)
~Onyx: female (one of the dance girl's; Piper and Audrey's friend)
~Kacey: female (one of the dance girls; Piper's friend)
~Jade: female (one of the dance girls)
~Laila: female (one of the dance girls)
~Delanie: female (one of the dance girls)
~Ivy: female (one of the dance girls)
~Wendi: female (Piper's friend)

~Josh: male (in Piper's Spanish class; Brennan's friend)
~April: female (the Central Varsity Dance coach)
~Melina: female (one of the dance co-captains)
~Hallie: female (one of Piper's friends)
~Haven: female (one of Piper's friends)

~Roberto: male (in Piper's Chemistry class)
~Cole: male (in Piper's Chemistry class; in love with Audrey)
~Derek: male (in Piper's Spanish class; Delanie's love interest)
~Zack: male (in Piper's English class; Melina's love interest)

~Sage: female (the dance captain)
~Zoey: female (one of the dance girls)
~Robin: female (in Piper's Chemistry class)
~Lily: female (in Piper's Chemistry class)
~Karlie: female (in Piper's Chemistry class)

~Wyatt: male (Onyx's love interest)
~Tara: female (one of Onyx's "friends")
~Jaycee: female (one of the dance co-captains)

~Leo: male (Jaycee's boyfriend)
~Chris: male (Zoey's boyfriend)

~Jessica: female (in Piper's Chemistry class)
~Nate: male (in Piper's English class)
~Anna: female (one of the dance girls)
~Emma: female (one of the dance girls)

~Ian: male (Nate's friend)

BUT! By the way, you did not say anything about my latest theory. I posted it in my last comment, you did not reply to it.
Is it THAT way out of track?

...No comment.

I'll try and update soon!

#63 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

Sorry about the double post guys, but I just wrote this scene and I'm really excited about it. It's from chapter 33, but I figured you might like to see Piper actually happy.

Her boyfriend is in the excerpt, and though I'd rather you didn't know who it was, I'll put his name in spoiler tags so that if you must peek, you can.

We walked out toward our cars after school, talking about anything and everything. We’d been going out for three days already, and the novelty still hadn’t worn off. Every moment with him was new and fun and exciting.

I saw Audrey looking our way with a flirtatious smile on her face. “Oh, no,” I groaned, rolling my eyes. The last thing I wanted was for him to meet her.

“What?” he asked, glancing over at the girl. “Who’s that?”

“Someone I’d rather not know.”

Audrey approached like a vulture, latching onto my arm like a hawk in pursuit of its dinner. “So, Piper,” she drawled, “who’s this hottie?”

“Audrey, this is my boyfriend,

Spoiler
Spoiler
, this is Audrey Malloy.”

“Well, hello, gorgeous,” she greeted flirtatiously. “Piper never told me her mystery man was so sexy.”

Spoiler
, who had recognized the name immediately, didn’t even smile. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome, cutie,” Audrey said, flipping her hair back. “You’re quite a guy, from what Hazel tells me.”

He pulled out his cell phone and texted someone.

My phone went off seconds later, playing the ringtone we’d chosen. “You’re not gonna steal my boyfriend, and that’s the final verdict. So don’t think you’d ever have a shot cause if you had a shot you’d miss completely.” I couldn’t help but smile at Jordan Pruitt’s words as I opened the text. This girl is a psycho, he’d written.

I laughed, and when I looked up I saw Audrey glaring daggers at us. She’d gotten the hint.

“I wouldn’t try anything this time, Audrey,” I advised. “You’re not his type.”

“Oh, really?” She raised an eyebrow, her eyes locking on
Spoiler

“Yeah,” he confirmed, putting an arm around my waist. “I don’t like *%^##es.”

Audrey gasped indignantly as
Spoiler
kissed me.

“Come on, baby,” he told me, “let’s get outta here.”

“Sounds like a plan,” I said. “See you at practice tomorrow, Audrey.”

“Yeah, see ya,” she muttered as we left.

The disclaimer for the song is 'Boyfriend' by Jordan Pruitt, Permission to Fly, 2008

#64 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

waaahhh..haven is a girl?..
lol..it's ok suki i'm not embarassed..
just completely shocked..
because the name haven sounds like a guy's so i thought she was a guy..
sorry haven..lol..
eeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!
i'm so squealing right now!!!
sara!!! nate is such a hottie!!!
eeeepppp!!! go nate! go piper!
hahahhaha..burn audrey burn!!
aww..their song is so sweet and such a nice burn to audrey..
hahhahaha..i'm so mean..wahahahhaha..
oh well at least i'm mean to someone like audrey..
hahhahahaha..burn more audrey!!
wahaahhhaa..
piper and nate=love forever..
hahahhaha..update soon!!!
i so wanna read chapter 33 right now..
hurry up with the updates..eeeppp..

☺Leah☺

#65 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

waaahhh..haven is a girl?..
lol..it's ok suki i'm not embarassed..
just completely shocked..
because the name haven sounds like a guy's so i thought she was a guy..

Wow. It never even occurred to me that it would be mistaken for a guy's name. :huh: Maybe you were pronouncing it wrong. It's pronounced Hayvin, you know, like safe haven. Sort of like Heaven except not.

i'm so squealing right now!!!
sara!!!

Spoiler
is such a hottie!!!
eeeepppp!!! go
Spoiler
go piper!

I'm glad you're excited, but please try not to spoil it for those who would rather just wait and read it in order. ;)

I'll try to update soon, but I hate writing Audrey's chapters as much as you all hate reading them, so it might be a while. -_-

#66 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

oopss..sorry about saying the name
Spoiler

hahahahha..oh ya..it's audrey's pov next..eeewwww..
oh well..i'll wait anyways..

☺Leah☺

#67 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

HA!
I knew it.
I JUST KNEW IT!
I even guessed it!
I m a genius!
I get the suspense out of the stories in a SNAP!
:mellow:
Okay, I m exaggerating now. I have just managed to do this for two stories yet.
I mean get the WHOLE plot solved out in front of me.
Another story, Trust or Kill (You should SO read it), that one, I know each unrevealed secret. I guessed it.
:mellow:
Wait, I sound like I m bragging. But I m not. I m just happy about my theory being correct so I m ranting as usual.
Sorry if I sound like I m bragging.

And the excerpt was..

Spoiler
. (Ahem.. ;) )

I Look forward to reading this even more interestingly now.
I m SOOO happy for Piper.
And by the ay, what will ever become of Brennan?
Oh, wait, I think at least something should remain a secret right?

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

P.S : I m SO sorry again for bragging about my theory being correct back there. I was just too happy. I m sorry. I promise it won't happen again. Ever.
P.P.S : I want to thank yo ufor the list of characters. LOL :lol:

#68 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get this chapter done! I was procrastinating a bit, I'll admit it. But I've also been super busy, so I have a partial excuse... :D

Okay, I m exaggerating now. I have just managed to do this for two stories yet.
I mean get the WHOLE plot solved out in front of me.
Another story, Trust or Kill (You should SO read it), that one, I know each unrevealed secret. I guessed it.

Hopefully you haven't figured out the WHOLE plot, or I'm not doing my job very well. :( Haha, and I actually AM reading Trust or Kill.

I Look forward to reading this even more interestingly now.
I m SOOO happy for Piper.
And by the ay, what will ever become of Brennan?
Oh, wait, I think at least something should remain a secret right?

I'm glad you're happy for her. :) And I'm definitely not telling what happens to Brennan. I want SOMETHING to be unexpected.

P.S : I m SO sorry again for bragging about my theory being correct back there. I was just too happy. I m sorry. I promise it won't happen again. Ever.

Haha it's okay. :lol:

hahahahha..oh ya..it's audrey's pov next..eeewwww..
oh well..i'll wait anyways..

This one's really not that bad, I promise. :unsure:

Hope you like it!

Chapter 14
Audrey’s POV

Piper’s car pulled up to my house at exactly 4:45, her hair flowing back in the breeze and giving her the look of a model. She had her convertible top down today.

“Hi, Audrey!” she greeted cheerfully as I climbed into the passenger side. I barely had time to close the door before she’d taken off.

“You know what theater we’re going to, right?” I asked, making sure.

“Of course. The one on Main Street.” She sounded a little irritated.

“Is everything okay, Piper?” I inquired, knowing full well that very little in her life was okay. Because of me.

“Yeah. I just think it’s funny that people think I’m stupid,” she said.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know. I’m just sick of lies and drama. Like people don’t realize I’ll figure out what they’re up to.” Piper glanced at me, then back at the road.

I laughed a little nervously. “I’m sorry,” I told her. “Is it something I did?”

She rolled her eyes. “No, of course not,” she assured me. I sighed, relieved. “Why would you think that?”

“I don’t know. Just… you know, the whole thing with Brennan and everything.”

“Right.” She didn’t say anything else. I wanted to press on with the conversation, plant seeds of doubt in her head, but she turned up the radio before I could.

When we got there, Jaycee and Laila were sitting on a bench outside the theater, waiting for everyone.

“Hey, guys,” Piper greeted as we walked up to them. She dropped her purse down next to Jaycee’s and Laila’s and plopped down next to them. “Are we the first ones here?”

“I guess so,” Jaycee said. “I think Sage said she and Anna, Emma, and Ivy were stopping by the 7-Eleven to get drinks first.”

“They know they can’t take those in the theater, right?” Laila asked.

“Knowing them, they’ll try to sneak it in,” Piper remarked. “Besides, the theater food is overpriced anyway. And it’s not like they’ll get kicked out if they get caught.”

Sage, Anna, Emma, and Ivy came up at that moment, each carrying drinks.

Ivy put her drink under her shirt. “Hey, guys, if I did this and told the man that I had a gross disfiguration that made me like this, would you back me up?”

“Sure, why not?” Piper replied gamely.

“You know, like ‘I can’t believe you’re making her think about that. She already feels bad enough about not being normal,’” Ivy suggested.

“No problem,” Jaycee said with a laugh.

“Why don’t you just put your drinks in my bag?” Jade suggested as she walked up. “Because, honestly, the birth defect story isn’t very believable.”

Ivy laughed. “Sure, that’s probably a better idea.”

I gasped as all four of them managed to fit their drinks into Jade’s purse. “You’d better not drop that bag, Jade,” I told her.

She grimaced. “Yeah, that would be bad,” she remarked.

Zoey and Melina walked up at that moment. “Who has the tickets?” Sage asked us all.

“Oh, I do,” Jaycee remembered, pulling a bunch of tickets out of her purse and handing them out to us.

“We can just give them to the other girls once they get here,” Sage told her, and Jaycee nodded, tucking the remaining tickets into her purse.

Delanie’s Lexus rolled up, and she rolled down her window, blasting “Part of That World” from the movie The Little Mermaid. She gazed us, singing to us along with the music before she turned the corner in order to park.

We all laughed. “She’s so weird,” Anna remarked.

“She has so much Ariel stuff in her car. Like cups and stickers and everything. It’s pretty creepy,” Emma said with a strange gaze in Delanie’s car’s direction.

Delanie, Onyx, Kacey, and Hazel got out of the car and headed toward us. “Is everyone here?” Kacey asked.

“Yeah. You guys were the last ones,” Jaycee told them as she handed them their tickets. “Are we ready to go in now?”

“Yep,” Piper confirmed.

We all headed in together and gave our tickets to the man at the front, who gave us the stubs back. “Do you wanna get anything?” I asked Piper.

“I might get a small drink,” she said. “I can’t drink too much, because I have the most irritating habit of having to go to the bathroom during a scene that I really want to see.”

I laughed. “Yeah, I know how that is.”

We ended up at the end of our row, watching Hannah Montana: The Movie.

“Ooh, yes,” Melina murmured as Hannah’s love interest was introduced. “He is hella sexy.”

“Totally,” Piper agreed, containing her laughter as Hazel, beside Piper, giggled.

The whole movie went like that. Our whole squad had commentary; we pretty much talked the whole time. I’m sure the other people in the theater were annoyed with us, but we were having so much fun that we didn’t really care.

After the movie was over we all got in our cars and drove over to Josh’s to hang out.

“Whoa,” Piper remarked as we pulled up to the snow cone shack. “There’s no way I’m getting a snow cone if the line is that long.”

“Yeah, me either.”

We met Sage and the other girls near Jaycee’s car. “So our team song is officially ‘Crazier’,” Melina told us with a smile.

“Sounds like a plan,” Piper said. “I love that song.”

Jaycee laughed. “Last year it was ‘Love Story.’”

“So I guess we’re all major Taylor Swift fans,” I remarked.

“I know I am,” Piper agreed with a laugh.

“What are they doing?” Onyx asked as she looked over at Anna and Emma, who were talking to a bunch of guys.

“Doing what they do best,” Kacey joked with a smile.

I got a text from Brennan at that moment. Are you with Piper? he asked.

I told him yes, trying to shield my phone from Piper’s eyes. He replied back instantly, asking me to ask her to the mall with us. Of course, I said nothing.

“Brennan was texting me through the whole movie,” I complained, seeing if I could push her any further tonight. The last time I’d brought him up she completely shut me down.

“So you should’ve told him to shut up,” Piper told me bluntly, turning back to her conversation with Laila.

“I tried, but he wouldn’t leave me alone.”

“Then you shouldn’t have answered.”

I tried bringing him up for ten more minutes, but she wouldn’t let me talk about him long enough to trash him.

“Are you ready to go, Audrey?” she asked after about thirty minutes.

“Yeah, I’m ready.”

“Okay. Bye, guys,” Piper said, smiling. Sage gave the girl a hug, and then we both left.

Piper started the car and put up her convertible top as we buckled in. She was silent most of the way home, the red glow of the dash reflecting on her face and giving her a dark, eerie look.

“So, you’re really lucky you didn’t end up going out with Brennan,” I told her.

“Oh, really?” Her nonchalance was killing me.

“Yeah. He really, really scared me, Piper.” I tried to work up the most frightened expression I could as she glanced over at me.

“Why?” she asked.

“Well, we were driving out in the middle of nowhere, and we stopped for some reason, and he started kissing me, and… I was so scared.”

“Did he do anything to you?” she inquired.

“No, but I really thought he was going to. I’ve never been so terrified in my life.”

“You know, you could’ve called me and I would’ve come and gotten you.”

“I didn’t know where we were. It was out in the country.”

“Oh.” I couldn’t tell if she believed me or not. Her expression was totally blank as she thought about it for a moment. “Next time you need to call me. Or someone. No matter what.”

“I will. Definitely.”

We arrived at my house and she pulled into the driveway. “See you in the morning,” she told me, smiling.

“Okay.” I climbed out of her car. “Oh, and Piper?”

She nodded. “Yeah?”

“Thanks.”

The girl smiled. “No problem.”

As she pulled out of the driveway and drove off, I almost felt bad for what I was doing to her. Almost.

~~~

Okay, I have a lot of disclaimers for this one. ;)

I'm not exactly sure about this disclaimer for 'Part of That World.' It was originally on the Disney movie The Little Mermaid, and performed in the movie by Jodi Benson.

'Crazier' by Taylor Swift, Hannah Montana: The Movie Soundtrack, 2009

'Love Story' by Taylor Swift, Fearless, 2008

#69 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

wahahahaha!!
go piper go!
crush that demented personality of audrey!
hahaha..audrey you're such a loser..
go burn in hell you witch!
okay that was an awesome update..
mainly because piper's crushing audrey's demented ego self..
update soon!

ps: i'm looking forward to the next chapter..yes! it's piper's pov next!

☺Leah☺

#70 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been off for so long! I had a ton of things to do, but at least I'm back now!

Honestly, I haven't even started working on an update for this story... I'm seriously working on like four projects right now. Plus trying to work on my tan (and believe me, that's not an easy task. I cannot tan. I was talking to some of my friends the other day and I was like "I've actually gotten darker, you guys" and they looked at me like this: :huh: ). I'll try to work on it, but I get the feeling that there aren't very many people interested in this story, so... But don't worry, if you are! I'll update eventually! It's just that the stories I'm actually thinking about getting published are a little higher on my priority list right now. I actually have this whole book planned out, so I definitely will finish it.

Thank you for being so patient!

#71 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

NO NO NO! We are interested!
I m sorry I haven't commented!
I m so Sorry!
I read that update halfway through but then I had to go offline because it was too late, and then next time I came on, I forgot!
I m so sorry!

The update as very nice. I really liked what Piper did. She should continue, one day maybe Audrey will burst with her ego and spill everything and then no one will like her.
But sometimes I find her like just any other girl too. I mean the end, that almost made me smile. Almost. (Ahem Ahem)
I really want all of them to be happy. Even Audrey.
Well mainly Piper and Ahem Ahem. ;)

Anyways, update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#72 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

Hey everyone! I am soooo sorry it's taken me this long to update. I've been super busy with like, three other stories that I'm working on, and I just haven't had time to work on this one. In between chapter 33 for one book, chapter 17 for another, and chapter 2 for another, that is. I'm actually lucky I was able to squeeze this in, because I'm supposed to be working on another book.

The update as very nice. I really liked what Piper did. She should continue, one day maybe Audrey will burst with her ego and spill everything and then no one will like her.
But sometimes I find her like just any other girl too. I mean the end, that almost made me smile. Almost. (Ahem Ahem)
I really want all of them to be happy. Even Audrey.
Well mainly Piper and Ahem Ahem.

I'm glad you liked it! :D Although I doubt Audrey will spill everything (if she did her whole life would fall apart; it's all built on lies), it's fun to think about. :icon_lol: Most of the characters will be happy, so don't worry. ;)

I'm sorry that this chapter is kind of gloomy. Coming back and thinking about this scenario makes me sad.

Hope you like it!

Chapter 15
Piper’s POV

Things just seemed to keep going further and further downhill every day. I would watch for Brennan every day, and most days I would be disappointed. The days crawled by, every moment moving in slow motion. I found I couldn’t concentrate, no matter how hard I tried; I couldn’t think about anything but him.

Every time I saw Audrey smile, or whisper something in Hazel’s ear, or talk about Brennan, I was overwhelmed with a fiery anger that threatened to take over my body and make her suffer. My temper had broken several cups and plates, why not a person? I shook my head. That definitely wouldn’t solve anything. Brennan would still love Audrey, and he would probably hate me. And I would probably get suspended from school.

The world was just a gloomy place that I was doomed to spend the rest of my life… alone. Every time I found a man that I thought I liked, they didn’t even look my way. I didn’t know what it was about me that turned guys off, but I was starting to get discouraged. It was surely hopeless. I’d gone my whole life without a real boyfriend (other than one in elementary school who had been my boyfriend in name only). Certainly if I was destined to get married, God would’ve provided me with a boyfriend by now.

I was certain that if people—more specifically, guys—knew who I really was, I mean, the person I was at home and with close friends, I would have had boyfriends. I was crazy and unpredictable at home; I would blurt out random jokes when someone gave me an opening, I was loud and fun. I dirty danced on my friends at Blockbuster and said things specifically to make them uncomfortable, which made us all laugh.

I hid my sorrows from my friends; they would never know how low my self-esteem had really sunk. To them, I would just be happy, always empathetic Piper; when I started to regale my friends with my problems, they never really seemed to care. I was really the only one I could truly confide in. My parents were critical of everything I did, my sister was a blabbermouth, and my friends would either tell the whole school or not even listen. So there was really no point in even feeling anything.

And I had started to desensitize myself. For the past few years, things had stopped making me happy, or honestly exciting me. Holidays lost their magic, and life seemed like a waste of time. Though I would never be one of those girls who listened to hard rock and cut herself because she hated her life, things were definitely starting to look bleak.

Was I lovesick? Maybe. I didn’t really know what love was, never having been in a real relationship. But the hyperactive butterflies I got when I saw Brennan made me feel like a little girl, and the way I blushed anytime I was near him was unavoidable. I knew I was completely vulnerable. He could do a single thing and it could either put me on top of the world or it could crush me like a bug.

I hated that. I hated being at the mercy of other people. But what I hated worse was letting people know I was at their mercy.

Hazel noticed my gloomy mood and, as we were walking out to my car so I could take her home, she decided to ask me about it.

“Hey, Piper?” she asked as I unlocked the car doors. “You know, you’ve been really down lately. Um… I was wondering… is something wrong, or is it just an off week?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know,” I lied. “I’ve just been kind of tired this week.”

Hazel frowned. “Are you sure it’s not about…” she waited until we’d both gotten into the car “… about Brennan?”

I sighed as I shut my door and buckled my seatbelt. “It might be,” I admitted.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” she asked.

“Not especially.”

“Will you talk about it anyway? Please?”

I groaned. “I’d really rather not.”

“Oh, come on, Piper. Maybe it will actually make you feel better. Just consider me your therapist,” she suggested.

“Are you saying I need therapy?” I asked, feigning offense.

“No, no, that’s not it at all!” she exclaimed, obviously afraid to make me angry. “I just meant… it usually helps to talk about things.”

I shook my head. “You don’t wanna hear this.”

“Yes I do. Come on, Piper, you always listen to me. The least I can do is return the favor.” Hazel sighed. “Please?”

I took a deep breath and let it out huffily. “Fine.”

After a few moments of silence, Hazel spoke up. “Are you gonna tell me?”

“I don’t know exactly what to say. I’m just completely dead inside. I can’t feel anything anymore. Just anger, and sadness… It’s hard to explain.”

“I think you explained it pretty well,” she told me. “Why do you think you’re like this? Or has it just been building for a while?”

“It’s kind of been building for a while. But mostly…”

“Mostly what?”

“Well, Brennan is the only thing that makes me happy. Seeing him, watching him smile… It sounds pathetic, but it’s the truth. Other than that I’m practically a zombie.” I paused. “I can only assume that the same thing that makes me happy is the thing that’s causing my pain.”

“What do you mean?”

“Anytime he’s gone I’m an emotional mess. But the moment I see him everything is right with the world, even though I’m not actually talking to him.”

Hazel smiled. “That’s so sweet.”

“Yeah, right,” I sighed. “It would be even sweeter if he actually felt the same way about me that I feel about him.”

“Well, from what you’ve told me, he definitely does,” she told me.

“I don’t know if I’m telling you the honest truth, though! I tend to see what I want to see, and believe what I wish was the truth. I could be completely misconstruing the entire thing, Hazel, and that really, really scares me.”

“Well, maybe you are interpreting it the right way, and you’re just worrying too much,” the girl suggested.

“You don’t understand. My life doesn’t work like that. Other girls meet a guy and like him, and they just automatically like her too and date her. I meet a guy, like him, and he either doesn’t know I exist or he thinks I’m repulsive.”

“Why would anyone think you’re repulsive?” Hazel asked. “You’re beautiful.”

“Yeah, you say that,” I grumbled.

“I’m not the only one who thinks that,” she insisted.

“Thanks.”

“Keep going.” She paused. “Why do you think he means so much to you?”

“I don’t know,” I admitted. “That night… it was like… no, it wasn’t like… it was a fairytale. I’ve never experienced anything like that before in my life, and I’ve had a really hard time letting go. I can’t let go.” I sighed. “That sounds so pathetic, doesn’t it?”

“No, it doesn’t sound pathetic at all,” she assured me. “Go on.”

“I don’t even really know him,” I told her. “I don’t know anything about him.”

“You seemed to know a lot about him when you told me about him,” she remarked. “You seemed to know a ton about him.”

“I’m very observant,” I replied. “I remember every detail of every situation.”

“I’ve noticed.”

“But that’s not the point. I spent one night with the guy. I barely know anything about his personality, his family, his friends…”

“But…?”

I sighed, trying to hold in the tears that were fighting for freedom. “I think I’m in love with him.”

#73 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:50 AM

OH EM GEE!
AN UPDATE!
I was just wondering YESTERDAY why hadn't you updated yet.
And then I thought maybe there must have been some reason.
And today you UPDATE!
How wonderful.

But really Sara. Apart from this chapter being a little saddening, I must really tell you how wonderfully you are improving.
Really really well written chapter. One of the best you have written.

:eusa_clap:

Very well done.

I could so easily relate to her.
Actually the exact same thing is happening with me right now.
But instead of the guy going to my school (He can't anyways..it's a girls' school..*Sighs*) but he is th neighbor of my best friend.
I had so much of chance with him..but then my best friend starts to like him and then she silently..sent him away from me..and closer to herself..
So I could just totally get whatever Piper meant.
She really is a sweet girl.

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#74 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

waaahhh..
piper you're making me cry..
your love is so pure..as to mine is so distorted and whacky in a way..lol..
it was such a sad update..but it was still awesome..
update soon!!

☺Leah☺

#75 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

Oh my gosh, guys, I am soooo sorry I haven't updated!

I've been working on one of my novels nonstop lately, and I just haven't had time to even think about this one. Don't worry. I'll start writing chapter sixteen. Like right now.

But really Sara. Apart from this chapter being a little saddening, I must really tell you how wonderfully you are improving.
Really really well written chapter. One of the best you have written.

Thank you! :D I've always found it's easier for me to write woe-is-me chapters than it is cheerful ones.

I promise I'll have the chapter up in a few hours or so. I'm usually able to write these super fast.

#76 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

So, as promised, I have chapter 16 for you!

I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to get it up! I'll try to be more consistent from now on, but I can't make any promises about that...

Hope you like it!

Chapter Sixteen
Audrey’s POV

There was something weird going on with Piper. I didn’t know what it was, or how it was happening, but it was. There was no denying it. Her demeanor was less predictable than a rabid dog’s, and she could go from completely happy and cheerful to brooding and sarcastic the next. Her quiet times were usually in the morning, during practice. She almost always snapped out of it by the time she was ready for the rest of the school day.

When she was happy though, she went all out. She was much more outgoing than before, I noticed. Showing off for someone, maybe? Too bad. I hoped she wasn’t doing that so much as she was trying to distract herself.

“Hey, Audrey,” Brennan greeted as he came up to me. “How are things going? Any progress with Piper?”

“No, not really. Sorry,” I apologized, trying to make it sound as authentic as possible.

He sighed. “It’s not your fault.” He hesitated. “My friends tell me she seems happier now. A little more animated. Do you know why that is?” He frowned. “She doesn’t have a new boyfriend, does she?”

“I don’t think she does,” I told him honestly. “I haven’t heard anything about it. But you’re right. She has seemed more optimistic these days.”

“I have to know if there’s someone else she’s been thinking about,” he muttered.

“How do you know it’s not you she’s been thinking about?” I suggested with a mischievous grin. I had to keep him coming around for something. Even if it was for Piper and not me.

“Oh, come on, Audrey. I’ve hardly said two words to her since the prom. I’ve barely seen her in the halls, and usually when I do see her she’s talking to her friends or not paying attention. I seriously doubt that she’s thinking of me.”

I sighed. “Well, it was worth a shot,” I remarked.

“Yeah, thanks.”

“You have to get her attention somehow,” I predicted.

“I’ll go crazy if I don’t.”

“Well, maybe I can help.”

“How?”

“Well, you know how you said she’s been talking to friends or not paying attention? Well, why don’t you do the same thing?”

“What’s the point of that?” he asked, sounding like he thought I was completely insane. “Then neither of us will see the other one.”

“You didn’t let me finish,” I scolded. “What I meant was that when you do that, make some noise. Call your friend’s name or something. Play big man on campus. Whatever it takes. She’ll have to look over if you’re shouting at someone.”

“I don’t know about that,” he said.

“Just try it. It’s worth a shot, right?”

He shrugged. “Anything’s better than nothing.” He paused. “I gotta go. I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Sure.”

Since we didn’t have practice that day (April had to work), we all met in the cafeteria to wait out first hour.

“So, guess what I heard about Brennan,” I told Hazel, Onyx, and Piper.

“What?” Hazel asked.

“I heard he’s got two girlfriends. One of them goes to Washington High, or something like that, so she doesn’t know that he’s also got a girlfriend here.”

“No way!” Onyx cried. “Who are they?”

“I couldn’t get any names out of him, and he never really directly admitted to having two girlfriends, but I mean, come on, a girl can tell when a guy is cheating, whether or not it’s on her.”

Piper raised an eyebrow. “If I was either one of those girls I would dump his ass whether or not he did have another girl. People usually make up rumors based on some kind of evidence. Even if he didn’t have another girlfriend, he might be sneaking around anyway.

Hazel, Onyx, and I stared at the girl for a moment. We weren’t used to her saying these types of things. It was kind of weird. But refreshing. She sounded like she was being genuinely honest with us.

“What’s with the girl power thing all of a sudden, Piper?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“I’ve always been the girl power type,” she replied instantly. “I guess I’m just sick of sitting around and being lonely. I just wanna get on and live my life. Most of the guys I end up falling for are jerks anyway.”

Hazel stared at Piper for a moment, visibly startled by her behavior. I, however, found it extremely reassuring. The less interest Piper had in Brennan, the more chances I would have to lessen Brennan’s interest in her.

“That sounds like a healthy point of view,” I remarked. “Besides, I’m sure you’ll find a perfect guy someday.” Just not the perfect guy: Brennan.

She smiled. “Thanks. But right now I just need to try and get over the one I thought was perfect,” she said.

Oh, believe me, sweetheart. He is perfect. And totally, completely devoted to you.

“Well, the best way to do that is to find another guy,” Onyx suggested with a bright smile.

“I’m working on it,” Piper reported.

“Really?! Who do you have in mind?!” Hazel exclaimed immediately. Some of the other girls looked over at us like we were psychos.

“Seriously, Hazel,” the girl scolded. “I’m not exactly sure yet. But when I am, I’ll let you know if I feel like it.”

“Sounds like the perfect plan to me,” I said.

“No! You have to tell me!” Hazel demanded.

“Um… no I don’t,” Piper pointed out.

“You are so mean.”

“Yep.” She flashed a mischievous grin, and I could see at that moment why Brennan loved her so much. She was one of a kind.

It wasn’t until after school that I had to think about the situation again. I was by my dance locker, getting things out to get ready to get on the bus.

“Hey, Audrey.” I turned around when I heard Brennan’s voice. He could always brighten my day. All he had to do was smile.

“Hi, Brennan.”

“Any word on why Piper’s so happy?”

I chuckled. “She’s got this independent thing going on right now. She’s feeling really liberated. I’m pretty sure that’s what it is.”

He sighed in relief. “So it’s not a guy then?”

“No.”

“That’s a good sign. I guess I still have a chance with her then.”

I spotted Hazel and Piper coming our way. “I guess you’ll find out,” I told him as they came up to us.

“Hey, Audrey, am I coming home with you today?” Hazel asked as Piper danced on her. “Stop it!” Piper just let out a giggle and kept doing it.

Brennan was practically hypnotized on the spot.

“Yeah, you’re coming home with me.” I turned to Piper. “That’s really sexy, do you know that?”

“Of course I do,” she said with a bright smile. It was only then that she noticed Brennan. “Oh. Hey.”

“Hey,” he managed before going completely mute.

I sighed. It was gonna be much, much harder to get him to forget about her now that he’d seen her dance like that on someone. I could just imagine the fantasies that were running through his head, of her dancing like that on him…

Ugh. I had to forget about it. Soon enough, he would be fantasizing about me like that. I just had to keep that in mind before his blindness drove me crazy.

#77 Suze&Em

Suze&Em

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

wow! i love it. though i really dont want audey to end up with brennan

#78 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

That is such a WONDERFUL chapter Sara, I have to say.
Piper..takes my breath away. Just that.
No wonder Brennan likes her so much. :D
And I see even Audrey sometimes realizes that Piper is too good for her to beat. ;)

But I know what happens..Hehee.

And OH! by the way, this is just to inform you that I don't think I will be able to comment every now and then here. No, not on your story only but on the forum as a whole.
My studies seem to be getting affected by the time and energy I spend here. I m cutting down a LOT of things I do here. So I will be reading the updates yes, but not commenting regularly. So don't think I have abandoned my favorite story.
I will pop in a comment every once in a while to let you know I m alive. :D

I m so sorry Sara! I don't want to do this but I have to..my studies..but as I said, I wil be SURELY reading everything and whe nI find something worth being told about, I will comment. :)

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#79 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hey guys! Sorry about the lack of updates. My schedule has been crazy, with work and dance and school starting again soon... only two more years before I graduate! YESSS... B)

Anyway, I've started on an update, but I have a really busy weekend and school starts really, really soon, so I don't know when I'll be able to actually finish it.

though i really dont want audrey to end up with brennan

Yay, new reader! ;) Haha yeah, I didn't want him to end up with her either. He's too good for her.

That is such a WONDERFUL chapter Sara, I have to say.
Piper..takes my breath away. Just that.
No wonder Brennan likes her so much.
And I see even Audrey sometimes realizes that Piper is too good for her to beat.

Thank you! I like to think that Piper's a pretty awesome girl. LOL! Yeah, no one likes the real life Audrey's personality too much. She has a major attitude and thinks she deserves things handed to her on a silver platter. She doesn't expect that from the real life Piper, though, because I'm pretty sure she's scared of her... She knows that Piper is the one girl she can't win against.

And OH! by the way, this is just to inform you that I don't think I will be able to comment every now and then here. No, not on your story only but on the forum as a whole.
My studies seem to be getting affected by the time and energy I spend here. I m cutting down a LOT of things I do here. So I will be reading the updates yes, but not commenting regularly. So don't think I have abandoned my favorite story.
I will pop in a comment every once in a while to let you know I m alive.

I totally understand. I have the same kinds of problems sometimes, although it's not normally this that's taking away from my studies, it's dance. I'll miss your comments though! :(

Anyhow, I'll have the update as soon as I can, but I can't guarantee that I'll have it done soon. Sorry! :unsure:

#80 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

No problem now sweetie! I may not comment very soon on every update but I will comment nonetheless. That's because I have decided to come here once in two days or something along those lines.

Just update soon will you?
I want to read more!!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#81 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

And after what seems like an infinite amount of time, I've finished chapter seventeen! Sorry it took so long! I hope this makes up for it though!

Chapter Seventeen
Piper’s POV

I knew it wasn’t true. Those things she’d said about Brennan couldn’t be true. Maybe it was just blind faith, but I believed he was a good person.

But I knew that in order to forget him, I had to remember those things Audrey told us and believe them. No matter how much I hated doing it.

I started when I saw him in between second and first and second hour. I kept thinking of those two girls he was supposedly seeing at the same time. How awful they were sure to feel as soon as they found out what was going on. Though I knew that they were probably completely made up, I tried to believe they hadn’t. I gave them names. Abby and Shay. One of them was just like me, overly hopeful and a bit naïve when it came to love. She would be heartbroken when she found out what Brennan had done to her.

The other, to make myself feel a little better, was exactly like Brennan, and was cheating on him with someone else anyway. It wouldn’t matter to her in the least if he ever did something like that to her, because she already had a backup plan. Or, more appropriately, dozens of backup plans. I’d never been very fond of girls like that. How was it that they could get hundreds of guys while I couldn’t even get one?

This was good. I was getting so into the story that I was believing Brennan had done all those things. I was starting to see him as the jerk Audrey told me he was.

“Mr. Newbury!” Zoey called, trying to get the irritating man’s attention. “How are we supposed to balance this? I mean, without going to like 12 it’s impossible.”

“Go to twelve then.”

“But then won’t we have to simplify it?” Robin spoke up.

“Yes.”

“So we’re supposed to do what?” Lily asked as she and Karlie laughed. They always did that when they were frustrated. Robin joined in.

“It don’t really matter how you do it,” Mr. Newbury replied. “You can do it the long way or the short way.”

Cole rolled his eyes. “I wanna go back in time and shoot his English teacher,” he muttered in my ear.

I laughed as the conversation continued.

“You mean, the long way you taught us before.”

“Right.”

“The one you taught us before you told us there was an easier way?”

“Yes.”

Robin let out a half laugh, half cry. “Why didn’t you tell us about the easier way before?” she asked. “Because I understand it the long way. And when you taught us the short way it just confused me. The long way takes way more time to do than the shortcut.”

“That’s kind of a given,” Mr. Newbury joked. At this point, nobody laughed.

“But why didn’t you teach us to do the shortcut so we could do it that way and understand it?” Karlie asked.

“Because you needed to understand the concept of the long way.”

“But…” Robin looked close to tears. “Mr. Newbury, you’re really smart, so you know all of this stuff. But we… we’re not as smart as you. So you really need to go slower and help us understand it. Please?”

Mr. Newbury gave us his creepy smile.

“I cannot believe he used to be a college professor,” Cole whispered, leaning forward so I could hear him.

“I think it’s just a nasty rumor,” I remarked. “There’s no way he could’ve ever taught anyone before, especially not college students.”

“You’d think they would make sure he’d gotten through high school first.”

I smiled, and settled back in to listen to Mr. Newbury’s lame excuses some more.

When I finally got out of that class, I ran into Wendi on the way out. “Hey,” she greeted. “So how are things going with that guy? You know, the one you went to prom with?”

“Well, technically, I didn’t go with him,” I clarified. I sighed. “And I don’t think it’s gonna work out, actually.”

“What? Why? I thought you really liked him.”

“The guy that I liked and the guy that he actually is are two completely different people,” I said. “I haven’t actually talked to him directly, but from what I’ve heard from my friends, he sounds like a major loser.”

“I hope you don’t mean you don’t think he’s cool enough to date,” she remarked with a frown.

“No, of course not,” I assured her. “I would never judge anyone by their status in high school. That doesn’t mean anything in the real world.”

“Good.”

“What I meant was that he seems like he’s really a total jerk. I heard he’s been playing girls left and right and gets into a lot of trouble, hanging out with people he really shouldn’t be involved with. Just not my type of scene, you know?”

“Yeah,” Wendi agreed. “Well, I’m sorry it didn’t work out the way you wanted it to. It sounded like it was pretty much set in stone.”

“I don’t know how much of that was reality and how much of it was fantasy,” I admitted. “I tend to dream a little too much.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that,” she said. “Without dreams, nothing would be worth anything.” She shrugged. “Well, it would make a good story, anyway, even if it’s not going to be what you wanted.”

“Yeah, it would, I guess.”

She smiled. “I’d better get to class. I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Sure.”

We parted ways and I headed into my Spanish class, running headfirst into a waiting Onyx. “Piper! Wyatt asked me out!” she practically squealed, jumping up and down. I grinned. I’d never seen her this happy.

“That’s great!” I said enthusiastically. “But hasn’t he asked you out before?”

“Well, yeah, but this time is different!” she reported. She gave me a hug, still bouncing. “I said yes this time!”

“Really? I thought you wanted to take it slow.”

“I did, but I took it slow for long enough!” She smiled. “And I’m really happy that I decided not to wait any longer.”

“Then I’m happy for you!” I told her.

“Thanks!” She hesitated. “So how are things going with you and Brennan?”

I sighed as Josh walked into our classroom. “I don’t know if I like him to much anymore. I mean, you heard the rumors. Don’t you think that sounds awful?”

“Yeah, if they’re true.”

“Why would she lie to me about something like that?” I had about a million reasons, but I wasn’t going to counteract my own argument.

“Maybe she wants him for herself.”

“Or maybe she’s trying to keep me from getting hurt.” As if. “I don’t know if I could take another rejection, Onyx. I’m only so strong, especially when I find a guy that I really like. And those kinds of people don’t come along often.”

“But I thought you were certain Brennan was one of those people,” Onyx remarked as we sat down, resting her chin on her palm.

I glanced over and saw Josh watching intently. I lowered my voice. “I did. But after what I’ve heard, I don’t think he’s one of them at all. I actually think he’s one of those people’s opposites.” I hesitated. “I just keep imagining how horrible those girls will feel once they know that he’s cheating.”

“Maybe he’s not.”

“But he probably is,” I argued. “Why should I defend a guy I hardly know? I only met him one night. He could’ve been completely playing me, and I never would’ve known because I wouldn’t have anything to compare it to.”

“I guess.”

I looked over and Josh was still looking over at us. “Maybe we should stop talking now,” I suggested, jerking my head toward him.

Onyx glanced in that direction. “Yeah, you’re probably right.”

#82 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

Wow. It has been FOREVER since I've updated.

I'll start working on it soon, those of you that are still waiting... life has gotten crazy for me, and I barely have time to write the stories I actually plan on having published.

But don't worry! I'll find time for this one!

#83 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:30 AM

Sorry Sara!
I m so sorry!
From the day I deleted my stories here.. It's been really weird.. I RARELY come here.. I m so sorry!
But I promise now I won't be like that again.
I realized that even if my stories are not on this site.. this site has some pretty good stories that I love.. I shouldn't leave them..

Update soon Sara.
I will be waiting :)

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

P.S. Oh how I missed signing off like that! <3

#84 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

Wow. This is amazing... It's been forever since I've logged on. I'd almost forgotten about this story!

I feel awful about abandoning it like this, but at the moment my hands are tied. All of my material for this (including my outline for the whole book) isn't really accessible to me right now. I mean, I know where it is, but I'm not able to get to it.

But believe me, once I'm able to go up stairs again, I'll definitely start working on an update! Sorry to keep you waiting so long!

#85 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

SARAAAAAAAAA!
I missed you!
I missed Piper!
And I did NOT miss Audrey.
:)
I did miss Nate though. A little. :P

Well I m glad you are here, now you will be able to update rather soon.. as you now have been reminded about this story, you won't be able to keep yourself from going upstairs and writing a wonderful update for us :D

Oh by the way, it's my birthday on Saturday so.. Could you please give an update that day?
Please?
*Puppy Eyes*

Thank you!
:heartbeat:

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#86 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

I'll definitely try, though it kind of depends on how generous my sister decides to be... And that's a pretty rare occurance. Her being generous, I mean. I could try to write it without the outline, but I think it's probably better for the story if I don't.

The truth is that the details of this story (which is, as I've said before, based in truth) are just so faded now that it's hard to remember without the guidelines I made for myself all those months ago. I hardly even remember what Brennan looks like, though I saw Nate the other day. Haha I could tell he was a little freaked by my crutches. But anyway...

I'll make an effort to remember, and I'll write an update as soon as I can!

#87 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

After a long, long, long time, I've finally gotten chapter eighteen written! I'm not sure it exactly goes with my original outline, but I'm still not in a position to go get it, so I kind of had to wing it on this one.

It's a little longer than normal, so hopefully it will make up for the fact that I haven't posted anything for so long.

Hope you like it!

Chapter Eighteen
Audrey’s POV

When I got to practice the next morning, it felt like something was brewing. Piper was over by herself, looking like she was deep in thought. I didn’t know what she was thinking about, but I hoped to God it wasn’t Brennan.

“Hey, Hazel?” I asked, approaching her and dropping my bag right next to her. “What’s with Piper? She’s acting all psychic-at-the-circus.”

“Huh?” My friend looked over at Piper. “Oh. So? What’s the big deal? She does that sort of stuff all the time. Nothing new.”

I sighed. I supposed it probably wasn’t new. I was just worried that she was piecing everything together. “I guess you’re right,” I admitted. “I’m kind of having an off day.”

“You can tell this early if you’re having an off day or not?” I glanced over and saw Onyx standing there, a distinct shade of purple under her eyes. I gave her a pointed look. “I was up all night talking to Wyatt,” she explained quickly.

“Are you still crushing on him?” I inquired skeptically. It had seemed to me that Wyatt was a major jerk, and no matter how sweet he was to her in the beginning, by the end of their relationship, he would definitely turn into the loser I knew he truly was.

“They’re dating now, Audrey,” Kacey told her as she tossed her bag against the wall, slouching to the ground and closing her eyes. “I’m surprised you haven’t heard. Everyone else has.”

“She’s been pretty out of the loop lately,” Hazel remarked. “I can’t say as I blame her. Things at practice are getting so bad it’s hard to remember my own name, let alone what’s going on in everyone else’s life.”

“But you remember everything,” I objected.

“I’m different,” she said.

April came in the door at that moment, looking perky and excitable with a huge cup of coffee in her hand. When she sat down and immediately started texting someone, I knew something was going on. “Okay, girls, let’s stretch,” she suggested, glancing up from her cell phone for a few moments. As soon as she saw us start to move toward the floor, she went right back to typing away.

“You look happy today, April,” Sage commented. “Did your date last night go well?”

When our coach looked up with a smile, we all knew Sage was right. “It went very well,” she revealed.

“What was his name? Mike?” Jade asked.

“No, Mitch,” April corrected a little too quickly. We all let out a collective giggle.

“Did you guys kiss?” Ivy asked.

“Ivy!” the woman scolded instantly. “That is none of your business. Even if we hadn’t, I wouldn’t have told you.”

“What kind of kiss was it?” Delanie asked. “One of those short, boring ones, or a…” She did a strange imitation of what seemed to be kissing seizure of some sort.

April stared at her for a moment, then began laughing. “What was that?” she questioned.

The girl feigned offense. “I was trying to imitate you kissing Mitch.”

“I do not kiss like that,” April defended.

“How do you know?” Jade asked. “You’ve never seen yourself kiss. Maybe you do.”

The woman rolled her eyes. “Okay, okay, enough about kissing and my dates. We have two routines to work on. We don’t have time to waste talking.”

The rest of our stretching time was spent talking quietly to each other, making sure we didn’t get too loud and spoil April’s good mood. None of us wanted a hard practice.

“Is there a reason Piper’s not stretching over here?” I asked Hazel, spotting Piper all the way over on the other side of the group, near Melina.

“I think she’s been having a hard time with pirouettes,” she said. “She’s just trying to concentrate so she doesn’t fall too far behind. Because we all know what happens when you have too many bad days in a row.”

We did know. You were pulled from the routine as soon as they weren’t sure you could deliver a perfect dance for them, and earning your spot back was incredibly hard, if not impossible. Many of our girls were sore, injured, or just plain exhausted, but we all kept going because we knew that if we didn’t, we would suffer the consequences.

“That makes sense,” I confessed. “I guess I just figured she was upset about something.”

“Wouldn’t you be upset if you couldn’t hit your turns?” Onyx asked.

“Well, yeah…”

“I know that your life revolves around boys and parties, but not everyone’s does,” Kacey joked, grinning at me. “I think Piper’s a little more concerned with whether or not she gets to perform at nationals than she is with what she’s wearing to that party Friday night.”

“There’s a party Friday night?” I asked.

“I was making a generalization,” the girl told me, shooting me a withering look.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

Kacey looked over at Hazel and rolled her eyes. I frowned, trying to contain my irritation. She was incorrigible sometimes.

The whole practice Piper barely looked over once. Turns were a precarious thing to master, I knew. One day you could hit every single one perfectly and then the next day it would be impossible to hit anything. I understood her determination, but I was disappointed that I didn’t get to talk to her at all.

When we started getting ready for school, however, I managed to maneuver my way into a spot next to her. “Hey, Piper. Your turns were looking a lot better today,” I told her, hoping that my compliment would make her a little more receptive.

She glanced over with a smile. “Thanks, but they still need a little work,” she commented. “My releve is still inconsistent and I haven’t been able to keep my posse up. But at least I was able to hit them, right?”

“That’s always been my philosophy,” I remarked. “Sounds like your perseverance is paying off.”

“Yeah,” she agreed. “Very, very slowly.”

“I talked to Brennan the other day,” I said abruptly. There was no time for me to worry about being subtle.

She looked over, appearing to be only partially interested. “Oh?”

“He mentioned you.”

“Really?” Still not interested.

“He said he hardly remembered you, and that he spent practically the whole night with some other girl named Katie.”

Piper looked over, irritated. “Katie?” she asked. “Seriously?”

“That’s what he said. I was a little confused, especially because you told me he went to the prom with you and Kacey.”

“He did,” she replied. She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. It’s ridiculous to worry about some guy I’m not going to care about at all in a few months, right? So if you want him, you can have him. He doesn’t mean anything to me.”

I started. “What makes you think that I want him?” I asked. “He’s been coming after me. I wouldn’t want to date a guy like that.”

“Well, then, don’t you think you’re being a little… I don’t know… contradictory?” she countered.

“What do you mean?”

“If you’re supposedly so scared of him and everything, why do you keep talking to him? It seems like you almost want him to do something.”

“I don’t want to just cut him off completely,” I reasoned. “Guys like that can be dangerous when they’re rejected.”

Piper shrugged, and continued getting ready. I knew I would get nothing more out of her. When she closed herself off, she was very, very self-contained.

We headed out to the cafeteria, and when the bell rang, Brennan was at my side in an instant. “Hey, Audrey,” he said. He sounded angry.

I stopped a moment to gaze at his face. He was practically seething with anger. “Brennan, what’s wrong?” I questioned worriedly, genuinely scared by the menacing look on his face. I’d never thought I could be scared of him, but I was starting to think that my best next move would be to leave. Fast.

“Someone is spreading rumors about me,” he growled. “Specifically, feeding Piper false information about me.”

“Like what?” I asked innocently, trying to do my best to look concerned.

“Like that I’m cheating on my supposed girlfriend,” he said. “I don’t have a girlfriend. I’ve been holding off on that so I don’t lead some poor girl on.”

“I know that.”

“But Piper doesn’t. And she’s the one who counts.” I felt a pang of envy and hurt when he said that. I didn’t matter?

“Well, thanks for that,” I commented sarcastically.

He sighed. “You know what I mean,” he told me. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to imply that you don’t matter… it’s just… Piper is the one who needs to know that I don’t cheat on my girlfriends.”

“I understand.”

“You need to help me find the person who’s doing this to me,” he demanded. “I have friends near her, but they’re not close enough to do any good. Maybe you can do something.”

“Well, I’ll definitely try, but once Piper gets her mind made up…”

“Anything you can do…” He scowled. “I don’t know who’s doing this, but once I find out, they’re going to have to deal with me.”

“You sound pretty sure of that.”

“I may be doing a lot better now, Audrey, but I have a past. It takes a heck of a lot to make that come back to me, but I may just have to use it if this person doesn’t stop now.” He patted my shoulder. “I’ll see you later.” He started to walk away, but turned around. “And try to find that person!”

I sighed as he turned and left. This was getting much more complicated than I’d originally planned. I hoped Piper didn’t make a habit of revealing her sources, but if she did, I was going to have to think of a backup plan as fast as I could.

#88 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

SARA SARA SARA!!

You updated!

*Tight Hug*

And this was one of the very few Audrey updates that I read without scowling or cursing Audrey under my breath..
So all in all I liked this one..
Esp because well she was blown off quite a few times :P
And also because Brennan FI-nally started to you know.. take action and not trust Audrey blindly :)

Piper seemed to be really focused on her lessons.. Was she trying to.. distract herself? You know by immersing herself completely in the lessons, she would not be able to think about Brennan?
Or something like that..

Oh and a little request..

Spoiler

Thank you!

<3

Update Soon!

#89 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

Hey! So I was able to finish this update relatively quickly. It's a little bit short... but oh well.

Piper seemed to be really focused on her lessons.. Was she trying to.. distract herself? You know by immersing herself completely in the lessons, she would not be able to think about Brennan?
Or something like that..

Most definitely. Piper tends to overanalyze things and go over everything in her head a million times. If she didn't distract herself, she would probably go crazy.

I hope you like the chapter!

Chapter 19
Piper’s POV

“So, how are things with Brennan?” Onyx asked me as we struggled through a slew of badly worded Spanish questions. “You seemed pretty upset about everything that’s gone on. Have you talked to him about those rumors?”

“How could I?” I countered. “I haven’t spoken to him in weeks; do you really expect me to just go up and ask him if he’s really a slime ball?”

She shrugged, a mischievous grin on her face. “It’s worth a shot. Especially if you’re really determined to find a way to date him.”

“I don’t think so. I think the best thing for me to do is just let it blow over.”

“For good?”

“Maybe. I mean, rumors or not, things have not been all whirlwind romance like you guys seem to think. It’s been totally frustrating so far.”

“But why give up now? Things were so great at the prom.” Onyx sighed. “Don’t you want that again?

“Well, of course I do, but that was different. I was… influenced by the whole situation. The dim lights, the roses… everyone was dressed up. It was a fairytale setting, I couldn’t help it.”

“I thought you said he almost looked better dressed down. Doesn’t that mean it wasn’t only the setting?”

“Maybe I did say that, but… please, can we not talk about this?”

“I really don’t know why you would let Audrey influence your feelings. You have no reason to trust her.” She hesitated. “You’ve always been a good judge of character. What did you think about him?”

I hesitated. “Well, he was definitely flawed. Haunted by his past and trying to make up for it. Really trying to reform himself.”

“Did he seem like the type of guy who would cheat?”

“He had cheated in the past, I’m sure of it. But I don’t believe he would cheat now.”

“Then why do you choose to believe anything she says? She’s always been totally manipulative, and there’s no way she would respect the fact that you like him.”

“I know that.”

“Mark my words, Audrey will be dating Brennan eventually, and maybe just because she knows you have feelings for him.”

I sighed. “You’re probably right,” I said.

“Well, what are you gonna do about it?” Onyx pressed.

“What makes you think I’ll do anything about it?”

“You can’t just let her take what’s yours,” she objected.

“He’s not mine!” I shouted, exasperated. Josh and a few others glanced over at us. I blanched and lowered my voice. “We’re not official or anything. If he likes Audrey better, then she can have him.”

“If he likes Audrey, he deserves to have her.” She rolled her eyes. “Especially after all those nasty rumors she’d been spreading about him.”

I glanced over and saw Josh pull out his cell phone. “Onyx, we really need to keep this to ourselves,” I remarked. “I mean, if Audrey hears we’ve been talking about her, she might get mad.”

“You’re not afraid of her, are you?” she asked. “You’ve always been the one person who wasn’t concerned with whether or not you make her angry.”

“I don’t especially,” I said. “I just… I want to be as close as I can. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.”

“You mean you consider her to be an enemy?”

“Well, yeah, I guess I do,” I admitted. “She’s manipulated, lied to, and hurt me countless times through all this. And for what? Brennan’s love?”

“You mean you believe she’s lying?”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course I believe she’s lying, who do you think I am?” I demanded.

“Then why aren’t you fighting back?” she wanted to know.

“I never said I wouldn’t,” I told her. “It’s just a hard decision. For years, I’ve been precious little Piper who couldn’t tell a lie or be mean to anyone to save her life. Now, I know differently, but it’s kind of hard to imagine giving up that image. Especially if anyone finds out I’m the one who’s gonna try to play Audrey’s own game.”

“With your attention to detail, you’d win.”

“I have to think about it.”

“Well, you’d better not think too long about it, Piper,” Onyx advised. “Because she very obviously has Brennan in her sights. And what Audrey wants, Audrey gets.”

I sighed. I had a strange, sinking feelings she was very, very right.

I suffered through fourth hour silently, listening to Melina simultaneously rant and rave about Zack, her would-be boyfriend. I didn’t know how a person could be so enchanted and annoyed by someone at the same time.

“Hey, Piper,” Haven greeted as I walked into English. “How are you?”

“I’m okay,” I said. “At least it’s not a bad day.”

“So have you talked to Leslie since before formal?” Hallie asked Nate.

He sighed. “No. It’s not like I’m obligated. We were just going as friends.”

“But still, agreeing to go with her and then bailing at the last minute? That’s pretty rough.”

“I had to work,” he defended. “My manager wouldn’t let me switch with anyone.”

“I’m sure she understood,” I assured him. He smiled appreciatively.

“But that doesn’t mean we do,” Hallie teased.

“Yeah. Minus ten points, Nate,” Haven scolded.

He groaned. “Not that again,” he said.

Zack sauntered over at that moment. “Hey, Nate, when is the basketball game?” he asked. “Melina’s supposed to be there and I’m kind of required to go, I think.”

“You don’t sound all that excited,” I remarked.

“Well, all she ever does is complain. And then when I try to talk about something else she gets upset because I’m ‘not listening’.”

“She has quite a few not-so-nice things to say about you, too, you know,” I said.

He shook his head. “Oh, she would.”

“Maybe she’s just having a hard time,” I suggested. “She might lighten up in a little while.”

“Or maybe she’ll get worse,” he lamented. He suddenly remembered his initial purpose. “Nate, about that game…”

“It starts at six,” I offered. “I have to be there too.”

“Maybe I’ll see you there,” he said.

I laughed. “If you go, you probably will.”

He smiled sheepishly. “Right.”

“I should probably stay away, though,” I told him. He raised an eyebrow inquisitively. “Melina can be pretty territorial.”

Zack scoffed. “Well, I’m not property.”

I smiled. “I never thought you were.”

#90 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:19 AM

Woah.. That was.. amazing..
I didn't know Piper was SO smart.. She really is amazing..
There was Nate but.. Why isn't he becoming a more prominent character already!?
I want to know more about him Sara.. Please?

O_O
Oh god.. next chapter's of Audrey..
O_O

As much as I m afraid of what it might contain.. I know I have to read it..
T_T

I m not going to say update soon.
No, I won't.
Na-Uh.

Okay.
Update Soon >_>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users