• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hi, I'm fairly new on the board. My name is Sara, and I'm practically addicted to writing. I actually got this story loosely from an actual event. Some of these things really did happen, and part of it is a theory my friend and I came up with based on details we'd observed. I thought it would make a great story. I'm trying to make it as accurate as I can be without compromising the people this story is based off of or making it boring. I hope you enjoy it!

Summary

Piper Ambrose has never really believed in fairytales. She wishes her life could be like the stuff of dreams, or even what her friends' lives are. But she's never been a guy magnet, and her shy demeanor makes it hard for her to meet new people. She goes to the school dance and meets a young man, Brennan, who charms her instantly. Unfortunately, Audrey Malloy has other plans for her when she meets Brennan as well. When Brennan asks Audrey to help get him and Piper together, Audrey conspires to break them up before they've even gotten together. But can determination overcome destiny... or love?

I'm posting the prologue to the story also. If you want me to continue let me know! :)

Prologue

See the lights
See the party, the ball gowns
See you make your way through the crowd
And say hello
But little did I know...
'Love Story' by Taylor Swift, Fearless, 2008

From the diary of Piper Ambrose:

Sunday
March 11
Last night was Central High's prom. Words can't even describe it... it was like a fairytale... Kacey invited me to go with a bunch of friends, and I met the most amazing guy, Brennan.
I'd never seen him before that night, but I'd heard plenty about him. Central has a small town's propensity for gossip, so I know of many people I've never even seen before.
But back to last night. We ended up talking all through dinner with Kacey, and then once we got to prom he asked me to dance.
My arms could just reach around his neck because he doesn't have my vertical challenges. I think he thought it was cute, judging by the look in his eyes when he teased me about it.
Kacey was technically his date, but she ran into an old friend and spent the whole night with him instead. I felt kinda bad, but at the same time, I pretty much had Brennan all to myself.
I know it was only one night... we didn't even exchange numbers, although that might've been because Kacey, her father, and another girl were there too, waiting for me to go so they could drop off her friend. I really like him. I mean really.
It's totally illogical, of course. Why would a gorgeous guy like him go for a girl like me? I'm nothing special.
Maybe other girls can believe in fairytales, but I can't. Anytime I do I end up hurt and humiliated. There's no use in pursuing this, although my heart is screaming at me, telling me I actually have a chance. Too bad my head knows better.
I have to go to bed, but I'll write later.

#2 cats4ever

cats4ever

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

Hi Sara. I liked your story. But then that's just my opinion. I don't know about others...and yeah. :P So um update soon? Please?

Alison

#3 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:24 AM

hi!!!
i like your story too..
please update?:)

☺Leah☺

#4 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:38 AM

Hiiiiiiii

This story sounds interesting!

Hope you update soon!

#5 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:55 AM

I really like the idea of your story..please PLEASE update soon!

I'd really like to read more of it..
But I don't like the way Piper lacks self-confidence...it is really...um..I don't know if I should say the word..but..she sounds a bit cliched..

If that sounded a bit rude then I m sorry.
I just want this story to be lovely!
Not that it already isn't..!!

Please update soon!

Love You,
*♥Suki♥*

#6 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm glad you all like it! :D I'm working on an update right now, and it should be done within the next couple of days!

Suki: I don't take it offensively at all. The thing is though, Piper's based on a real person, so her insecurities are pretty real. But she's really not as cliched as she sounds. The rest of the story isn't in diary format, and I think you'll find that she acts a lot more confident than she sounds. Piper isn't so much insecure as she is trying to talk herself down from the whole "crush high" because she's afraid of getting hurt.

Oh, and by the way, the full lyric disclaimer from the Prologue was 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift, Fearless, 2008. I don't know if I needed to put all of that, but better safe than sorry!

:heartbeat: Sara

#7 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

Chapter One
Piper’s POV

I woke up Monday morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day. After the amazing weekend I’d just had, I couldn’t wait to get to practice.

The dance team was closer than close, with twenty girls who were all incredibly talented and dedicated… but not devoted enough to love getting up at 6:30 every morning.

“Hey, guys,” I muttered as I dropped my enormous bag on the floor and sat down to put on my jazz shoes. They let out unenthusiastic replies, leaning back onto their dance bags wearily.

“Good morning ladies!” Jade Noble burst out cheerfully as she came into the gym. She looked around. “Where’s Delanie? I have her Pooh slippers.”

Laila Payne perked up. “Drop them in the cheer mats!” she urged, motioning toward a group of rolled up mats near the stairs. They were propped up so the holes in the middle were facing up and down.

Jade laughed and nodded, knocking the slippers into the mat.

I shook my head with a giggle. There were no limits on the squad. That’s what made it so much fun.

Hazel Seymour bounced up to me and threw her arms around me. “Tell me more about prom!” she insisted. “It sounds perfect!”

I smiled. “It was,” I agreed. I noticed Kacey coming down the stairs. “But let’s not talk about it here, okay? I don’t want anyone knowing right now.”

Hazel nodded. “Okay.”

One of the downsides of being on the squad was the complete and total lack of privacy. If I told one of the wrong people a secret, news would be around the squad in seconds, and chances were someone would try to “do something” about it, which often meant future embarrassment. However embarrassing some of the girls may’ve been, the squad was a fabulous support system. The older girls often acted as big sisters to the younger ones, giving them advice about school, life, and relationships.

Delanie Roberts shuffled in after Kacey, her short brown hair a mess and the dazed look on her face forcing me to laugh. She would come alive in a few minutes.

“Hey, Berts, I brought your Pooh slippers,” Jade told her.

“Really?! Where are they?” she asked excitedly, taking a few steps closer. I guess it didn’t take as long as I thought it did for her to wake up.

“In the mats,” Ivy Chen replied with a laugh.

Delanie skipped over to the mats and started circling around them, searching for her beloved slippers.

“No, Lanie. In the mats. In the center of that one.” Laila pointed to one of the mats.

Before any of us could say anything, Delanie had hoisted herself up onto the top of the mat and dove in headfirst. “I got them!” she shouted just as our coach, April Fletcher, came in.

She gazed at Delanie’s legs sticking out of the mat for a moment. “Okay, girls, let’s stretch,” she said, turning away. She saw this sort of thing every day.

“Heads up, Piper!” Kacey shouted, throwing me my purse. “You left it in my car Saturday night.”

“Oh. Thanks,” I said, taking the bag and dropping it on top of my dance bag.

“All right, girls, stop talking and stretch,” April told us. We sleepily obeyed.

The rest of practice went by quickly, working on our home routine and perfecting our skills. Each of us had to turn into a dance clone eventually. It was the reason we were such a good squad.

Kacey frowned as she looked in the mirror after practice. “This isn’t even right,” she complained, wiping the sweat off of her face. “We didn’t even get a break last year.”

“We never get breaks,” I pointed out. “It’s why we’re able to progress like we do.”

“Still. It sucks.”

“Geez, Kace, why so grumpy?” Hazel teased, turning the hand dryer upward so it could dry her hair.

The girl glared at her. “Shut up, it’s Monday, I’m allowed.”

“You say that every day of the week,” Audrey Malloy told her.

“Well, it’s true.”

Onyx Anderson glanced at her hair. “Does anyone have a bobby?” she asked. “This style is a disaster right now.” I threw her a package of bobby pins. “Thank you.”

I nodded as I finished putting on my makeup. The conversation lulled as we felt the full weight of practice come down on us. We would feel the infinite amount of toe touches and pirouettes tomorrow morning.

"My thighs already hurt," Onyx groaned as I got dressed.

“See you guys later,” I said as I stuffed everything into my bag.

“I’ll give you the bobby pins in Spanish,” Onyx promised.

“Okay.”

I headed out to my Volkswagen Eos and put my stuff in the trunk, then headed back into the school just as the bell for second hour rang.

I couldn’t concentrate as my Chemistry teacher droned on about something or other… I would never use it anyway. I wanted to be a lawyer, for goodness sake. Chances were I wasn’t going to need to know about molecular weights or the chemical equation for ammonia.

After class, I walked with my friend Wendi to our lockers. “I’m so glad you told me about prom,” she said. “It sounds just like a fairytale. What a fun story that would be to write.”

I smiled. Wendi wanted to be a writer someday. I wrote a lot as well, but I could never consider it an actual career. It was too unpredictable, and I wanted to know that I was going to have a secure job when I got older. “I thought so too,” I admitted.

She nodded. “It makes me kind of wish I’d actually gone,” she told me, twisting a lock of hair around her finger.

“Why didn’t you?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“The party scene isn’t exactly my thing. I’d much rather be at home reading than watching a bunch of people who can’t dance trying to look cool while dancing,” she remarked.

I laughed. “No argument there.” It was true. Some of the people there should not have been dancing. I had tried to avoid looking at them.

Wendi smiled. “Well, I’d better go,” she said as I slammed my locker door closed. “I don’t wanna be late for class.”

“Okay. See you.” I jogged down the stairs and walked toward my Spanish class, praying we wouldn’t do anything too important. I couldn’t concentrate on anything today. I gave in to my daydreams and zoned out, concentrating on nothing but getting to class so I could think in peace.

I heard someone talking near me and glanced over, only to see Brennan. He looked just as perfect as he had that night… except somehow better now that he wasn’t all dressed up. His eyes were practically glowing as he looked at me.

My heart jumped. “Oh, my, God, hi,” I said, surprised. “I didn’t see you there.”

He gave me a charming smile. “Yeah.”

I wished I hadn’t been two feet away from my classroom as a bunch of guys sprinted past us, trying to get to class on time. I smiled ruefully. “Well, I guess I’ll see you later.”

He nodded. “Okay.”

I nearly collapsed once I got into my class. My heart was pounding, and we hadn’t actually talked that much. How could someone have such a huge effect on me when they didn’t even do anything consequential? I stumbled over to Onyx.

She handed me my package of bobby pins warily. “What’s going on?” she asked, seeing the look on my face.

I smiled. “I saw him,” I told her.

She squealed. “Aw, that is so cute!” she shrieked, grinning.

I glanced at the door and my heart jumped as Josh Harper, a baseball player who looked vaguely like Brennan, came in. I shook my head and tried to relax. It wasn’t as big a deal as I was making it. I tended to obsess about the smallest things…

Onyx laughed. “Geez, Piper, calm down,” she said. “You’re like, freaking out.”

“No, you think!” I retorted sarcastically, giving her a teasing smile. Anything to distract myself.

I glanced around the classroom and noticed Josh staring at me. I looked away quickly. This distraction thing was failing miserably.

The rest of the day went by too slow to measure. I tried to focus on school, but I couldn’t. When sixth hour was finally over, I bolted to my car and leaned back against the headrest. This couldn’t be good. The last time I’d felt this strongly about anyone was fifth grade, and I'd gotten over that pretty fast. I prayed that I could move on as quickly this time.

#8 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

nice update!!!
eeeppp!!!
go brennan!!
update soon!

☺Leah☺

#9 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

*Squeals*

I LOVED IT!
It was so good!!
SO SO SO GOOD!
What's up with josh..he gave me the shivers..
When is Audery gonna emerge?
I want to know more about Brennan!
A lot MORE!

Please update soon again!

And was she being sarcastic when she said she had moved on pretty soon from the relationship in 5th grade?
Or maybe not.

still update soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#10 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

So, I've already finished chapter 2 of the story, and since I've got a friend who will pounce on me tomorrow morning if I don't I'm gonna go ahead and post it.

Suki: I'm glad you like it! You'll figure out what's with Josh in this chapter. He's really not as creepy as he sounds. This chapter is actually in Audrey's POV, and you do learn a little bit more about Brennan too. And Piper was sort of being sarcastic about the relationship in fifth grade. She did like the guy for a while, but the next year when she came into class she just realized she didn't feel anything for him anymore.

Hope you like the chapter!

Chapter 2
Audrey’s POV

Josh’s Snow Shack was the one place where everyone who was anyone at Central hung out. We could all be seen there Saturday nights, talking to our friends and blasting our radios. I’m sure it annoyed the adults who had a reason to be around the place, but it was part of what made our summer nights so much fun.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have anyone to hang out with that night. Most of the girls on the squad were out shopping or at dinner with their boyfriends, and I couldn’t get Onyx or Hazel to answer their texts. And as soon as I got my snow cone, my mother was gonna drive me home, whether I liked it or not.

I glared at a group of guys behind me who were getting a little too loud for my tastes. I knew this was supposed to be about fun, but seriously? They needed to stop.

Suddenly, one of the guys knocked into me, nearly causing me to fall. I was grateful for the extra balance dancing had given me as I let out an angry gasp.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” I demanded furiously.

The guy turned around, and I immediately forgot why I was mad. He was the most gorgeous guy I’d ever seen. He smiled sheepishly, looking apologetic. “I’m sorry,” he told me, running a hand through his shorn blond hair. “In my defense, I was pushed.” He shoved one of the guys in his group.

I tried to find words to say. “Um… that’s… that’s okay,” I managed. I tried to compose myself as I smiled. “I’m Audrey Malloy, by the way.”

He smiled, and I almost melted into a puddle right there in front of him. “Brennan Tremaine.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said with a nervous giggle. I’d never seen a guy that hot before.

“You too.”

“Do you go to Central? I don’t think I’ve seen you before.”

“I’ve only been there for two months.”

“Oh, that’s nice. Do you like it?”

“Yeah. It’s pretty cool. Much better than the last school I went to.”

“That’s good. Do you play any sports or anything?” Not that it mattered. I normally ended up liking athletes, but he was absolutely adorable whether or not he did anything. Who cared about standards when you had a Greek god standing in front of you?

“I’m on varsity baseball,” he told me as one of his friends pushed him. “Josh, stop,” he chided. He looked back at me. “How about you? Are you an athlete?”

I smiled. “Dancer. I’m on the varsity dance team.”

He looked thoughtful. “Really?” he asked. “You must know a ton of people then.”

“Yeah, I guess so. The squad has a pretty broad range of friends.”

At that moment, I saw Piper’s Volkswagen convertible pull up, blasting hip-hop music as Jade, Piper, Onyx, and Hazel danced. Piper steered the car into a space near the shack and hopped over the door, Jade and Onyx following her example. Hazel finished texting someone, then climbed up onto the seat and stepped over the door to jump out.

I started to say something to Brennan, but his eyes were glued to Piper.

“Hey, Josh,” she greeted the shack’s owner, who was working that night. “I’ll have the usual.” She turned to the other girls. “What do you guys want?”

“I’ll have a small Mai Tai,” Hazel replied.

“Peach cobbler.”

“Just cherry, please,” Onyx said.

The young man smiled. “Will do.”

“Hey, why do they get to skip the line?” Josh, Brennan’s friend, complained.

“Piper’s friends with Josh. He told her she didn’t have to wait in line,” I told him.

“So you know Piper?” Brennan asked.

Before I could answer, Onyx spotted me and whispered something to Piper. She looked over, a huge smile on her face. “Hey, Audrey!” she yelled. “Why don’t you come up here?”

I smiled. “No thanks,” I said. I would much rather wait and get to talk to Brennan more. She didn’t see him, but he definitely saw her. I wondered if they’d ever met, but, for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to ask.

Jade grabbed Hazel’s hand and started dancing to the music playing in her car. Piper and Onyx glanced back at them, laughing.

“Hey, Audrey, you wanna come hang out with us? We’re heading over to Piper’s,” Hazel told me as Jade spun her around.

I smiled. “Thanks, but no thanks. I have a lot to do right now.”

Hazel shrugged. It didn’t look like she was too heartbroken.

“Here you go girls,” Josh said, handing them the snow cones. Piper and the other girls paid, and then they climbed back into the car and they drove away, Jade singing along with the song as loud as she could.

“See you Monday morning, Audrey!” Piper shouted as they pulled out onto 67th street.

“What the hell?” Josh remarked. “Do they do that a lot?”

“Our squad is a little bit wild,” I explained. “We do that sort of thing sometimes.”

“Where are they going?” Brennan asked.

“Probably back to Piper’s house for horror movies and pranks,” I hypothesized. “Last time they did that Hazel almost went home.”

“Why?”

I couldn’t help but laugh. I’d been invited to that little bash. “Well, Onyx called Hazel’s cell phone and put it under restricted, so she didn’t know who it was. We were watching When A Stranger Calls.”

Brennan and Josh laughed. “Wow,” Brennan remarked.

“Yeah. Needless to say, Hazel got freaked out, and she almost called her parents to come get her. Especially after Piper’s fan started turning on and off by itself.”

“How did they manage to make that happen?” Josh asked.

“That was the best part. None of us did anything to the fan. It just happened.”

The two laughed as I finally made it to the front of the line and ordered. I turned around, determined to make this more than a one time thing.

I tried to come up with something clever, but it wasn’t really working. “So, do you think I could have your number? Just in case, you know, I have any questions about baseball.”

He wasn’t fooled, but he went along with it anyway. “Sure.” We exchanged numbers as Josh handed me my snow cone. “Thanks, Josh.” I turned to Brennan and his friend as I paid. “Well, I guess I’ll talk to you later, right?”

Brennan smiled. “Right.”

I headed out to my car and climbed in the passenger seat as my mom started the car. Hazel had texted me, telling me about the amazing time she and the other girls were having. Jade wanted to go flash people. I laughed. It didn’t surprise me. Last time our whole squad was together, she, Ivy, and Delanie were gonna go moon people. Luckily our captains talked them out of that before it blew up in our faces.

“Did you get what you wanted?” my mom asked as we backed out of the parking space.

I glanced at Brennan and his friends as our car pulled out onto the road and we sped away. “Not quite,” I said. “But I’m going to have it soon enough.”

#11 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

nice..
i love the update..
but i don't like audrey..
she's starting to make me mad..
she's acting like a spoiled 10 year old who'll do anything to get what she wants..
sigh..i wish piper the best of luck..

☺Leah☺

#12 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hey! I'm gonna try and work on an update in the next couple of days, but my school is kind of crazy (we have testing schedules for the next two weeks) so it might be a little later than expected...

Leah: Yeah, Audrey's a little self-involved. She's really hard to figure out, actually. I never know when she's going to be nice and when she's going to be awful. She's pretty determined to get what she wants, which makes it hard for people who actually try to play by the rules.

I'll try to start work on chapter 3 tomorrow morning at the latest!

#13 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:13 AM

When I started reading the story I thought Audrey was a boy..I really did for SOME whacked out reason..
And when I started reading THIS chapter..
I FREAKED OUT!!
I thought-
"oh my god oh my god! AUDREY IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!"

No I really did now you try to feel what I was feeling.
Imagine..Think if you thought Audrey was a boy.
And then read the chapter again..
It would give you the shivers!
It would!
It gave me!

PHEW!

Then THANKFULLY!
I read your reply to Leah..

I was gonna do something weird...otherwise.
I mean the feelings and emotions that were mentioned were girly and immature.
I really had a difficult time placing a BOY in Audrey's shoes..
Now I guess those emotions were really girly and immature.

More immature and girly.
Now it fits how Audrey won't like Piper to be seen with Brennan.

Before I thought Audrey was a guy who liked Piper.
And Brennan becomes friends with him. And then he asks Audrey to help him to get Piper.

Now it is all clear.

LOL

I m crazy sometimes..ain't I?
No one would have come up with an idea like that.

Anyways, nice chapter.
I liked it.
Seems interesting.

Update soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#14 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

Hiiiiiiii

Audrey sucks!!! :(
Brennan...ooh la la. Nah, I'm kidding.
Although, he does sound hot. *Sigh*
Anyway. UPDATE SOON!!!!

Alex

#15 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

This chapter isn't particularly exciting. It's more like 'Day in the life of Piper Ambrose'... the next few chapters will be much more fun. :D

Suki: Yeah, I can see how that would be a little creepy. Especially since Audrey definitely acts like a girl. I'm glad you didn't have to feel creeped out for too long.

Alex: Audrey's not as bad as she seems. She's definitely self-centered, but she has a nice side too. I don't think she entirely realizes that she's hurting people by going after what she wants. And yes, Brennan is extremely hot. My friend told me today that she thought he was "okay." I was like, "Are we looking at the same person?!" But I didn't say that because it would've been kind of awkward. :icon_redface:

Anyway, hope you like the chapter!

Chapter 3
Piper’s POV

The world is a funny place, full of uncertainties and empty promises. One day you’re on top of the world, and the next you believe you’ve hit rock bottom.

That’s how I felt the next week. Classes were a mess and I couldn’t focus on anything. I hadn’t seen Brennan in three days, and I was starting to think I wouldn’t see him again. The thought was more depressing than it should've been.

“Formations for hip hop,” April began after we’d stretched that morning. “Piper.” She pointed to a place front and center as the other girls mouthed my name with her.

I blushed as I took my place. At school, I was probably the last girl people would’ve imagined to be good at hip hop, but at pom practice it was common knowledge. From things that I’d observed from my past year on junior varsity, it was clear that April had been watching me in hip hop all season.

“Sage.” The captain of our squad, Sage Townsend, took her place next to me and we sat down as April put together the formations. It was easier for her to see where she needed to put people that way.

“Melina.” My friend and one of our squad’s lieutenants came up to stand on my other side and sat down.

“Are you excited?” Melina whispered, smiling.

I grinned. “I’m always excited about hip hop,” I said with a nod.

She laughed. “Well, it’s easy when you’re good at it,” she remarked.

“Yeah.” I giggled.

After practice, I felt strangely vibrant. Happy. I hadn’t felt like that in a while. I hoped it would last a while, but my moods were ever changing. I could be completely happy one minute and absolutely furious the next. Fortunately, I was able to contain my emotions so people rarely saw what I was truly feeling. It was my strength as well as my undoing. I got ready with hardly a word to the other girls, but they were too tired to notice.

Chemistry was awful, as usual.

“Can you explain it for real this time?” Roberto Velasquez asked, crossing his arms over his chest, irritated, like we all were. What was the point of taking Chemistry if our teacher couldn’t get his act together?

Mr. Newbury stared at the young man for a moment, then continued with his “lesson.”

Robin Kellogg let out a frustrated sigh. “This isn’t working,” she muttered, gazing at nothing in particular. She raised her voice to a normal speaking level. “But I thought you told us to do it differently yesterday.”

The man smirked creepily. I was never going to be alone in the same room with him. Ever. “Yes, but this is a shorter way to do it,” he said finally.

“See, I know that you know that, but to me… it’s just easier if I stick to one way. Like, it makes sense the long way, and I think you’re just confusing us all by trying to teach us the shortcut when we’ve barely learned the normal way.”

He smirked again, and Robin let out a frustrated laugh. She was on the verge of tears.

Zoey Calloway, a girl on the dance team with me, sighed. “So is this going to be on our quiz tomorrow?” she asked.

“No,” he answered.

Lily Warren frowned. “Then why are we learning it today, the day before the quiz?”

Her friend, Karlie Hampton, groaned. “Mr. Newbury, this is just gonna confuse us!”

Another smirk. Lily, Robin and Karlie suddenly burst into a fit of laughter.

“You know when you’re so frustrated and tired and drained that everything is funny?” Robin asked, taking deep breaths. “That’s how I feel right now, Mr. Newbury. I’m really, really trying to understand.” She sighed. “I know that to you, all of this is probably really simple and you get it completely, because you’re so smart and everything. But I’m trying hard to understand and I… can you explain it again, please?”

Was he ever going to stop smirking? Did he really, truly think this was funny?

“I wonder if he got his teaching degree from one of those fake online schools,” Cole Aerden pondered, leaning forward so I could hear.

“It’s a definite possibility,” I agreed.

The last minutes of class went by painfully slow. I couldn’t focus on what he was saying. It wasn’t necessarily Mr. Newbury’s fault, even though his lack of teaching ability was enough to make anyone want to forget everything. I just had other things on my mind.

And I kept having other things on my mind the entire day, no matter how much I wished they would all just go away.

“Piper?” Melina asked, pulling me out of my reverie on the way to our fifth hours. “Piper, are you okay? You’ve been a little distant today.”

“Yeah, I’m fine, Lina. I’ve just been a little distracted lately. Sorry.”

“No problem. Well, I guess I’ll see you later.” She left to go to her class and I headed down the hallway to my own.

I saw him coming the opposite way, staring at the floor, and my heart began beating double time. “Hey, Brennan,” I said cheerfully, trying to mask my nervousness.

He gazed at me and his whole face lit up as he passed.

I felt foolish at the sudden joy that surged through me as I made my way into English and slid into my chair.

This wasn’t good. I’d always prided myself on my independence and lack of reliance on men, and now a mere smile was causing me to lose my mind. Everything I’d worked so hard for was going up in smoke, but somehow I couldn’t bring myself to care.

“Hey, Piper,” Haven Reynolds greeted as I put my things on the floor.

“Hey.” I tried desperately to stop shaking.

“How are you, Piper?” Hallie Benson asked.

“I’m good. Tired though.” That had become my excuse for everything lately. That way I could get lost in my own thoughts without too much interference.

Luckily that day we were having a party, so I didn’t have to worry about schoolwork.

“Hey, Piper, come over here!” Jade called from across the room as she and Zoey got up. “We’re marking the dance.”

I laughed, grateful for the distraction. “Sure, why not?” I headed over to their side of the room.

“Let’s start with the skater jump… marking it of course,” Zoey suggested.

“Sounds good to me,” I said. Jade nodded.

“Five, six, seven, eight…”

We ran through the dance a few times marking it as half the class gazed at us like we were freaks. But we didn’t care. Our dedication was the reason our squad was ranked in the top ten nationally, and April was determined to get us up to the top five.

Last hour dragged by mercilessly. I didn’t want to review the Civil War for the five hundredth time, I wanted to go home and relax.

When the bell finally rang, I left as quickly as I could. Hazel met me by my locker.

“Hey,” she greeted with a too cheerful smile.

“Hey.” I wasn’t in a talking mood.

“So how was your day?”

“Good. Yours?” I wondered if my mom had taped Desperate Housewives. I wanted to go watch it. And then maybe Brothers & Sisters. All the guys on that show were smoking hot, and I needed a distraction from Brennan.

I realized I should’ve been listening to Hazel as she asked, “So what do you think?”

I struggled to remember what she’d said. “Huh?” There was no way. I hadn’t heard a single word of her monologue.

“I asked what you thought about the dance.”

“Oh. It’s good.”

“Yeah. I love the music!”

I smiled absently. “Me too.”

When I finally made it out to the parking lot I got into the line to leave as soon as I could and tried to let the radio relax me. It didn’t work.

I saw Delanie and her friend Derek Ingram walking out to his truck. I smiled when I saw that his arm was around her waist. I wished they would just make it official already. They were adorable together, and it was obvious that they were totally into each other.

If only I had something like that…

I snapped out of it. I was a habitual dreamer, but dreaming only left me brokenhearted, wondering how I could’ve been so naïve and stupid. Anytime I’d thought someone liked me, I’d been wrong. I could read boys the same way I could read Russian: I couldn’t. I made up my mind at that moment that I wasn’t going to let myself do it again.

Except I knew I’d cheat. A lot.

#16 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

oh damn!
ahahahahaha..
nice update!
update soon..
wonder why brennan was kind of gloomy..
did something happen to him?

☺Leah☺

#17 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:29 AM

Pretty funny Piper is.
AWW! They both are feeling gloomy without each other!
They should get together or something!
They sound perfect for each other.
And then Audrey should be thrown out of the equation!

I love the way the story is going!
Great work!

Update soon!
Really soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#18 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone! :D

I'm working on chapter 4 right now, but I'm not sure how soon it'll be done. Audrey's POV is a lot harder for me to do than Piper's is, so it might take a little bit. I have to completely guess on these parts...

Leah: I'm not exactly sure why Brennan was upset. I have trouble getting into his head.

Suki: Haha I know Piper was depressed because of Brennan, but I don't know if he was depressed because of her. I think so, just because of the way his face lit up when he saw her...

I'm glad you like the story! I'll update as soon as I can!

#19 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Turns out this was a little bit easier than I thought it would be, so I'm gonna go ahead and post it now. Hope you like it!

Chapter Four
Audrey’s POV

The days after I met Brennan went by too slowly. I saw him sometimes in the hall, but he never acknowledged me really unless I said something to him. I tried texting him, but his reluctant answers were usually only one word. I didn’t really understand him. But then again, what girl really understands guys?

“Audrey!” Hazel pushed her way through a group of guys and met me at my dance locker. “Hey, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, Hazel. You look like hell.”

The girl frowned. “Thanks.”

“No offense.”

“Right.” She giggled, readjusting her book bag. “Did you see Delanie at practice today after we were finished running?”

“No. What did she do?”

“She was imitating Dane Cook. I never knew anything could be so funny after we just ran a mile, you know?”

I smiled. “Delanie’s always funny. Doesn’t matter when it is.”

“Yeah. I have a feeling this year is gonna be awesome.”

“Me too.”

Hazel spotted Piper across the hall. “Hey, Piper!” she shouted.

The pretty girl looked over at us. “Hey, Hazel, hey, Audrey!” Piper said an instant before she turned a corner.

“She’s such a sweetheart,” Hazel remarked.

I nodded halfheartedly. “Yeah.”

She reached her classroom and smiled at me. “Well, I’d better go. See you later, okay?”

“Okay.”

I left as she went into her classroom, greeting one of her friends as she did so. I kept moving toward my own class, eager to get it over with.

I pushed my way past the school’s most popular guy as I headed to geometry class. His normal horde of adoring girls glared at me as he glanced my way for an instant, noticing the disturbance in his perfect little world.

I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I didn’t like the crowds. No matter how big the halls at Central were, no one could ever get anywhere because there were always people standing right in your way.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Brennan across the hall. “Brennan!” I called, jogging over to him.

He gazed up at me, looking a little dazed. “Huh? Oh, hey Audrey.”

“Hi. You okay?”

“Uh, yeah, just a little distracted.”

“Anything you’d care to tell me?” I asked, trying to feign concern. I didn’t really care unless it had something to do with me.

“You don’t wanna hear it,” he said, shaking his head.

“Of course I do. Maybe I can help.”

“Okay.” He sighed. “There’s this girl, and I really like her. I’ve been trying to show her, but every time I try to talk to her she’s already gone.”

“Maybe she’s shy,” I suggested, hoping this ‘girl’ was me. I don’t know why he’d think I was shy, but oh well. If he did, I could show him the truth later.

“Yeah. It kind of seemed like she was when I met her. I don’t know. I’ve never really felt this helpless. Usually when I meet girls I don’t have any trouble asking them out.”

I smiled enthusiastically. “Maybe there’s something different about this girl.”

He nodded. “There is something different about this girl. She’s not like the others.”

“You mean, she’s like, ugly or something?” I asked. I couldn’t help but feel insulted. “Well, I guess that’s okay. Looks aren’t everything…”

“No, no, it’s not that,” he interrupted. “She’s beautiful. But there’s so much more than beauty. She’s smart and warm and understanding and funny… Most girls I know just have one of those. She’s everything I ever wanted.”

“Then why don’t you tell her?”

“It’s not that simple. I’m not used to rejection, and this time it’s a possibility.”

“Why would anyone reject you?” I asked, scanning his body quickly, trying not to linger too long on his muscles. I didn’t want to be completely obvious about it. I mean, on the off chance that it wasn’t me, I wasn’t going to make myself look like an idiot. “If she did she’d be a fool.”

He smiled halfheartedly. “Thanks. But we’re from completely different worlds, and the people she hangs out with are definitely not people who are going to think very highly of me.”

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“Well, see, I went to formal with a mutual friend, and that’s where we met.” My heart sank. So it wasn't me. “Halfway through the dance I had to leave her to make sure my friends didn’t do anything crazy. They were high. She was talking to a bunch of girls from leadership and guys who could probably go on to be, like, the president or something.”

“That doesn’t necessarily mean she doesn’t like you.” I couldn’t believe the girl he liked wasn’t me. It didn’t make any sense. What did this little nobody have that I didn’t?

“Yeah, that’s what I’ve heard.” His eyes lost focus for a moment.

“If you need any help, you can always ask me,” I told him. This little snob had nothing on me. I would win him over soon.

“Thanks, but I’m used to handling my own problems,” he said.

I shrugged, crossing my arms over my chest. “Okay, but you might need some help. Girls are a lot different than guys, you know.”

He chuckled. “I’m aware of that,” he remarked, giving me that adorable smile of his. I realized I would do anything to make him smile.

I shook my head, laughing softly. “I didn’t mean that way. I meant emotionally. Our signals are completely different. She could be trying to tell you the same thing and you might not even realize it.”

“Maybe.”

“If you need any advice you know where to find me.”

“Okay. I’d better get to class.” He turned and started heading down the hall without so much as a goodbye. I didn’t mind though, because I was getting a chance to land the man of my dreams.

Geometry class was a waste of time. I shouldn’t even have gone. I couldn’t concentrate. I was seething. I couldn’t believe Brennan could like a girl that wasn’t me. Was that even possible? He had to have been joking.

I was quiet even on the bus, which was rare.

“Hey, Audrey, are you okay?” Cole asked me, looking concerned as he sat down next to me. “You’re kind of spaced today.”

“Yeah, I’m fine, don’t worry,” I said. “Just a little distracted is all.”

“Anything I can help with?”

“No. I’m gonna have to help myself this time.”

He looked hesitant. “Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

“Yeah, I’m sure.”

I knew Cole adored me. I mean, who wouldn’t? But I wasn’t attracted to him in the least; he wasn’t the sort of person I would normally date. He waited on me hand and foot, trying way too hard to make me happy. I kind of wished he would just leave me alone. I didn’t want him. I wanted Brennan. I’d tried to let him down easy, but he wasn’t getting the hint. He may’ve been a genius in the classroom, but when it came to reading signals, he was flunking big time.

When the bus finally made it to my stop, I got off as quickly as I could. I didn’t need any more of Cole’s anxious questioning, or his threats of death to any guy that came near me. I knew that he couldn’t hurt a fly. His tough guy act was just that: An act. But Brennan… Brennan could take on pretty much anyone.

I thought about that. Maybe after he confessed his undying love for me he could beat up Cole and make him go away. I smiled. I’d have to see if I could make that work.

#20 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

All Audrey made me do was...-"Tut Tut Tut"

The girl needs a break.
What?
is she emotionally or mentally challenged or something?
She is a typical sploit brat.
With "I-Get-Whatever-I-Want" Attitude.
I hate girls with that kind of attitude.

Sheesh.

Anyways, I hope just somehow, somehow Brennan and Piper end up together without facing troubled from Miss "I Want It All".

You update soon, alright?

Adios!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#21 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hiiiiiiiiii

Ahhhh I missed a few updates :(

But I loved them! Hehe.

Brennan and Piper sitting in the tree bla bla bla etc :)

UPDATE SOON!

Alex

#22 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

I'm glad you guys are liking the story!

Suki: Audrey is pretty horrible in that chapter. She's normally not so over the top. But don't worry. I'm a sucker for happy endings :D

Alex: I'm glad you love them! I love them too... haha but I'm supposed to, I guess. :P

And since when I get started on a project I'm obsessive about finishing it, here's chapter 5!

Chapter Five
Piper’s POV

The clock moved way too slowly. I couldn’t believe how long a minute could last when you were staring at the time.

“Piper?” Onyx asked, nudging me. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just ready to get out of here.”

“Girl, I know what you mean,” she remarked. “Mrs. Abrams is a psycho.”

“No kidding.”

I tried to hide my distraction as best I could, but everything I did reminded me of him. They started playing the song we’d slow danced to on the radio all the time, and I would see his friends in the halls and in the parking lot. All I wanted was to forget so I could move on, but no one would let me.

I left Spanish class as soon as I could, heading to algebra slowly.

The class went by too quickly. I didn’t want to see him, didn’t want to be reminded of a fairytale I was sure would end in a nightmare.

Because things in my life didn’t work out. When I tried to help my friends with their lives, everything worked out perfectly, but when I tried to help myself I ended up screwing up my life even more. So all I could do was sit back and pray that fate would finally decide to give me one of those happy endings that I had always seen given to everyone but me.

I didn’t hear anything Melina was saying on the way to English. I had to stop thinking so much. I had already analyzed prom to death: every glance, every word, every move he’d made. I remembered every single detail, no matter how inconsequential, and it was killing me. I’d never wished I could get amnesia, but at that moment I would’ve given anything for it.

He wasn’t looking my way when I passed him. He was talking with a bunch of guys, too distracted to think about me. I was half glad, but another, larger part of me longed to see his beautiful eyes.

I talked myself down, telling myself that even if he had looked my way, his glowing eyes wouldn’t give me the same indiscernible sparkle they had given me before. It was just a coincidence, I reasoned. He’d seen the girl he truly liked just before and that look of pure adoration was just left over, not meant for me at all.

He wasn’t meant for me.

It was an excruciating thought. I tried to let it go, but my heart was too stubborn. Something felt real, it told me, something felt… right. When he smiled at me my insides melted away, and no one mattered but him. My heart was determined to convince me to fight for him, though my head knew I would never win.

“Piper!” I looked over and Jade was staring at me, her hand on my arm. That was funny. I hadn’t even noticed she’d been touching me. “You back to earth now?”

“Yeah. Sorry. What’s up?”

“Just wondering what’s going on with you.”

“Nothing,” I assured her.

“You’ve been acting kinda spaced lately,” she said.

“It’s not intentional,” I promised. “I’m sorry if it feels like I’m blowing you off.”

“I’m not so much worried about that as I am about you,” she told me. “You’d never just blow someone off. I’ve known you long enough to know that. I know we’re not best friends or anything, but I know you well enough to know that you’ve been way more distracted than usual.”

“It’s really nothing, Jade,” I said. “Sometimes I just get in these moods, and nothing I can do will stop them. It’ll wear off sooner or later.”

“Is it boy related?”

I shook my head, relieved that I’d perfected my acting skills years ago. “No, nothing like that. I’ve just been really tired and stressed lately. You know, summer’s coming up soon and all. I wanna do well in my classes.”

“I get that. I hope you get over it, though. You’re not as fun when you’re like this.”

“I’ll definitely try,” I promised.

I don’t know how I got through that day, but I did. The next morning was a blur, as was my second hour.

“So, there’s this guy that I like a lot,” Onyx told me the next day in Spanish. I almost jumped for joy. Someone else’s boy problems I could handle. It was only my own that I couldn’t.

“What’s his name?” I asked eagerly, ready to forget about Brennan for a moment.

“Wyatt Lancaster. You remember him, Tara had a thing for him a while back.”

I nodded. “Oh. Right.” I smiled. “Go on.”

“Well, he and I have been texting lately, and he really likes me.”

I waited for a longer explanation. When she didn’t reply, I demanded, “So? Tell me! Do you like him too?”

She gave me a sheepish smile. “I think so,” she admitted.

“That is adorable!” I gushed. She deserved a great guy.

Onyx blushed. “He makes me feel so safe, and loved. I don’t know how to describe it. I’ve never felt this way before.”

I tried not to let my smile fade as I remembered when I had felt that way. I pushed the memory down. I was helping Onyx. I was through helping myself, because it never worked right. I was convinced that God had it out for me. There was no way someone could go through so many rejections without having someone up there working against me. I mean, I wasn’t unattractive by any means. Given, I wasn’t Miss America material, but nowadays, who was? I had hundreds of hidden talents that I was waiting to show the people I grew to trust, though those people were few. I had major trust issues. I didn’t even trust Brennan. Not entirely.

“Something wrong?” Onyx asked, pulling me from my reverie.

“Oh, no, I’m sorry,” I said, shaking my head, trying to shake out my memory of him. “I’m so happy for you, Onyx! You really deserve this!”

She beamed. “Thanks,” she said. “I’m so incredibly excited!”

In algebra, I had another distraction. “So, I think I’m interested in Zack Parker,” Melina told me on the way to lunch.

I knew Zack. He was in my English class, and he was pretty close friends with Jade and Zoey. “So, you like him?”

“No,” she corrected. “I said I’m interested. Being interested and actually liking someone are two entirely different things.” She hesitated. “When you’re interested in someone, you want to know that person better and think they’re worth exploring. When you actually like someone, it doesn’t matter what their flaws are or they’ve done before, because you’re already gone.”

“Yeah,” I said. “That makes sense, strangely enough.”

“It should,” she replied with a smile.

I thought about this for a second. Was I really only interested in Brennan? I mean, we didn’t know each other that well. He seemed like an amazing guy, and I learned a lot about him for the amount of time we’d spent together.

But what I felt was something more. What I felt was a head over heels, butterflies in your stomach, goosebumps when he looks at you sort of thing. It was more than wanting to get to know him better, and that scared the crap out of me. It didn’t normally happen this easily; I grew to like a guy slowly, after I’d known him for a little while and we’d been talking. There had been a few crushes from afar, but they were never serious and I didn’t really mean anything by it. But this. This was so much different from any of those.

I didn’t fully understand how someone could just step in and alter my world so completely. How every waking minute was spent dreaming of what could’ve been, what would’ve been had I been more confident at prom, been more assertive. How I could be mesmerized with a smile or a glance. How his touch could make my knees buckle and my heart race.

My body realized already what my head was trying to deny. I didn’t just like Brennan. I was in love with Brennan.

And I’d only met him once.

#23 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

wahhhh!!!
i love the update!!!
update soon..
ahh..can't believe i missed the other update..
sorry..i was reading something else..
and it took too much of my time..
update soon, once again!!
go piper!! go brennan! boo audrey!!

☺Leah☺

#24 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Haha I wrote most of this in Algebra class... I was really glad we got to do nothing today, because I hate anything math related. It just doesn't compute.

Leah: Don't worry about missing the updates. :D It's fine. It just makes it easier for you because you don't have to wait as long to read more of it.

And here's chapter six! Hope you like it! :)

Chapter Six
Audrey’s POV

The days following his confession were not what I would call fun. I tried to get over the whole Brennan-likes-someone-who’s-not-me thing. I really did. I mean, after all, I would fix the situation soon enough, so it shouldn’t matter to me. Right?

Then why couldn’t I stop thinking about it? I couldn’t believe how mad it was making me. I rarely got this upset about guys—especially since I could normally have whichever one I wanted. Now that I had come across one who didn’t want me, it was kind of a slap in the face.

Who was this girl? What did she have that I didn’t? It was actually kind of ridiculous. I was beautiful, I was funny… what more could he want?

I wanted to know who this chick was. If she was good enough to beat me, then she must’ve been absolutely flawless.

“Hey, Audrey,” Brennan greeted casually, coming up to me in the hall.

“Hi, Brennan. What’s up?”

“Um, actually, I was thinking… maybe I will need your help with this girl,” he admitted reluctantly, looking at the ground.

“Why do you sound so upset about it?” I asked.

“I’m not used to asking for help in this department,” he said. “It’s not something I’m particularly proud of.”

“It’s nothing to be ashamed of,” I assured him. “And don’t worry. I’ll help.” I hesitated, trying to hide my eagerness. “So, what’s her name?”

“Not yet. I’m not sure I want to do this right now.”

“Okay. Well, do you wanna tell me anything about her? So I can get together some kind of plan of attack or something?”

“I don’t know. Maybe this isn’t the best idea…”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course it’s a good idea. You’re being really paranoid. What, don’t you trust me? It’ll all be fine, just leave it to me.”

He sighed. “Okay. Well, I don’t know all that much about her, but she’s really sweet, and a little shy, it seemed like. She’s kind of quiet but when she has something to say she usually says it with conviction, like she believes it. And she’s really an amazing listener. Talking to her felt like talking to someone you could tell your life story, no matter how ugly and twisted, and she’d never judge you.” He smiled. “She’s perfect.”

I nodded. “Well, that’s what you should think,” I said. “If you’re going to date this girl, you should really like her.”

“I do,” he promised.

“Okay, well, if and when you wanna do it just tell me her name and I’ll get things started, okay?” I asked.

“All right. Thanks Audrey.”

He walked away before I had a chance to say anything else.

“Hey, Audrey,” Piper said as she started to pass by. She stopped short when she saw the look on my face. “Is everything all right?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little tired is all.” I put on a sheepish smile.

“Are you sure?” she asked skeptically.

She was more intuitive than I’d originally thought. No one had ever doubted me when I was lying. Not even my parents.

“Yeah. Why would you think I’m upset?”

“Well, you looked kind of angry. And you don’t look tired in the least. You told me earlier that you’d gotten a ton of sleep.”

I tried to think fast and blurted out the first even remotely reasonable excuse that popped into my head. “Sorry. I was just thinking about an episode of CSI on TV and I was embarrassed to tell you.”

“And you were mad about it?” she questioned hesitantly.

“The murderer was a horrible person!” I defended, crossing my arms over my chest. “She killed her own daughter!”

Her green eyes peered at me intelligently. “Right,” she drawled. “Because you often get mad at television characters.” I gave her an apologetic smile and she laughed softly. “Anyway, if you need to talk, I’m here, and I’m a pretty good listener.” She patted my shoulder. “See you later, okay?”

“Okay.”

Piper left me with a last glance in my direction. She looked a little worried. And now she had a reason to be. I’d covered myself enough to keep her halfway satisfied, but I made myself look like an idiot in the process. But she wouldn’t hold it against me. She never held anything against anyone. At least, not that I knew.

I’d always liked Piper. I couldn’t help but find her a little bit intimidating at first though. She was a little too perfect, it seemed: beautiful inside and out. She was a trustworthy confidante and a loyal friend. She had a cheerful smile and a contagious laugh. After I’d gotten to know her I’d discovered a few little quirks, but instead of contaminating her perfection, they’d made her even more adorable.

And it turned out that she relied on her intuition more than I’d thought. It was a much more powerful weapon than she’d originally led me to believe. She might be a problem if I didn’t want my web of lies to disintegrate before my eyes.

I saw Brennan standing near the main stairwell, looking at a large group of people that Piper had gone over to talk to. There were at least a dozen beautiful girls standing there, and Brennan could’ve been staring at any one of them.

I would have to ask Piper about them later. Most of them were older than me; smart, popular types.

I headed to my English class and tried to focus, but it was nearly impossible. It was funny how our whole school started losing their attention span toward the end of the year. I could just blame my distraction on my nearing freedom from oppression, aka school.

After class, I headed to my dance locker and got my things. As I started toward the bus, I saw Hazel and Piper walking out to Piper’s car. They both waved to me, smiles on their faces as they laughed as some joke I hadn’t been privy to.

“Hey, Audrey.” I looked over and saw Cole walking next to me.

“Oh. What’s up, Cole?”

“Nothing much. Just ready to get out of here.”

“Me too,” I agreed.

“So, are you ever gonna tell me what you’re so upset about?” he asked.

“I wasn’t planning on it,” I said. “It’s not really any of your business.”

“Oh, come on, Audrey,” he chided. “You know you wanna tell someone what’s going on.” He smiled. “Besides, maybe I can help you.”

I shook my head. “Thanks but no thanks. I’m pretty sure I can handle it.”

“You sure?”

“Positive.”

We walked to the bus in silence and sat next to each other once we got on. It wasn’t normal for us to be silent like that. We were always talking about something, it seemed.

“So, do you wanna go to the park before we go home?” he asked me after a moment. He seemed like he didn’t quite know what to do with me.

I smiled. “Sure.”

The park at my old elementary school never failed to make me feel better. It always took me back to a happier, simpler time, when boys had cooties and the most complicated thing about homework was nine times eight.

Cole had always asked me to go to the park with him, ever since the day we’d met on Facebook a few months ago. After about a week it had become a tradition. I actually had a pretty good time with him, but it was complicated. I liked him as a friend, of course, but I wasn’t the least bit attracted to him. I was extremely attracted to Brennan, and I loved hanging out with him. Too bad he didn’t feel the same way about me that I felt about him.

But I was going to fix that, no matter what it took.

#25 XsuzieX

XsuzieX

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:01 AM

Hiiiiiiiiiii

So, Brennan likes Piper who likes him back, right?

Brennan asked Audrey to help him get to Piper BUT Audrey likes Brennan, am I right?

Anyway. What's Audrey going to do???????

Love this story! Incredible writing. It's awesome.

UPDATE SOON :)

Alex

#26 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

AGH!
Two updates?
I MISSED THEM!!

But good though because I got to read them one by one without a break. Which is nice.

I Loved both of them!
Wait. Scratch that.
I loved the first one. Piper's.
I kinda liked Audrey's....just liked.
Because it had been in part about Piper.

I shudder at the thought of what Audrey will do to get Brennan.

I hope it's not something too vicious.
I really like Piper and Brennan.
They shouldn't get hurt. Either mentally or physically.

LOL.

Update soon?

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#27 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'm really, really, really excited about this chapter. And I don't even really know why. I promise the story gets better later on. Right now it's just kind of cliched, but whatever. I'm trying to make it long enough, because I know that I could probably shorten it and make it a lot more fast paced...

The Chemistry scene in this chapter is actually taken from my life. I have the most random, frustrated Chem class ever. We had to do teacher evaluations today, and I'm pretty sure no one said anything nice about the guy. Which is kind of bad, but we have to be truthful. He sucks as a teacher.

Alex: Yep, you've got everything right. :D I can't tell you exactly what she's going to do, but she's a lot more devious than she sometimes acts.

Suki: Audrey would do pretty much anything. She's not going to do anything too vicious (Piper could think of something much more psychologically damaging, but she's gotten too in control of her emotions to use those evil powers... -_-), but it'll be pretty cruel, considering how much they really like each other.

Anyway, hope you like the chapter!

Chapter Seven
Piper’s POV

“Hey, Piper, are you going to the dance thing tonight?” Hazel asked before school started. “You know, the officer group thing?”

“Yeah, I think so. I don’t really have anything going on, and I think we sort of have to.” I paused. “Why? When’s yours?”

“Right after school.” She grimaced. “I’m not really excited.”

I laughed. “Mine’s at 5:30.”

She frowned. “Lucky.”

“Yep. That’s me. Little Miss Lucky.” Ha! I wish.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you after school,” she told me heading into her math class.

Chemistry was just as confusing as ever. I didn’t really get solutes and solvents. I mean, I got the basics, like which one was which, but anytime Mr. Newbury opened his mouth and started to try (key word) to explain, I just got more confused.

“Mr. Newbury, I can’t believe the weatherman interrupted Lost to talk about thunderstorm warnings for forty-five minutes!” Lily ranted as she came into class. “It was the season finale, for God’s sake! Couldn’t he have had a little common courtesy?”

The middle-aged man smiled creepily. It wasn’t a surprise that he was single. He was probably the creepiest person I had ever met.

“Okay, so…” He began his lesson after the bell rang and I was already out. I’d gotten so sick of that class. What was the point? He was just going to confuse me. I had tried to understand. I really had. But after a while I had gotten so frustrated with it that I knew I was only going to shoot myself in the foot if I tried to listen, so I just learned things the best I could. I would just start with a clean slate next year. Not in Chemistry.

I came out of my trance as our class started talking about who they thought was going to win American Idol.

Mr. Newbury frowned. “Is this about Chemistry? No, it’s not.”

Cole spoke up. “Hey, guys, what are the chemical properties of David Cook?”

“Hot!” Jessica Peters shouted instantly, causing our whole class to burst into laughter.

I zoned out again after my giggles had silenced, and when I returned to reality once more, we were talking about something completely different.

“Do any of you know someone who drinks alcohol?” Mr. Newbury asked.

“Cole!” Karlie cried.

The young man looked at her. “I do not,” he defended.

“Yeah, use Cole for an example,” Robin agreed. She smiled. “It always helps me understand when we use Cole.”

Cole rolled his eyes.

Mr. Newbury smiled. “If you’ve seen someone who drinks alcohol they sometimes put ice in it. They do that to dilute the alcoholic properties.” Um… don’t they also do that to, I don’t know, make the drink cold?

Robin, Karlie, and Lily pointed at Cole.

“Why is everyone pointing at me?!” he demanded, his voice going up a few octaves. We all laughed.

When I got into Spanish, Onyx was waiting for me.

“So Wyatt and I talked on the phone practically all night last night!” she told me excitedly.

I smiled. “That’s so awesome!” I gushed. “I can tell you’re really happy!”

“He wants to go out with me, but I kinda wanna take it slow. You know, I don’t wanna rush things and end up getting hurt like I did with Trey.”

I nodded. Trey was the biggest jerk I’d ever heard about. I’d never met him; he went to a different school. But I heard about the sleazy things he did. He made her feel like a princess when they were dating and then when they decided to take a break he treated her like crap.

“I have a feeling it’ll be easier this time,” I said.

“Yeah,” she agreed. “He actually goes to my school this time.”

I was excited for her, of course, but the news made me a little depressed. Just as I was trying to get over a boy I’d wanted, practically every girl I knew was getting the boy she’d wanted. The fairness factor was pretty much nonexistent.

“Piper, are you okay?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I lied.

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.” I hesitated. “Why do you ask?”

“You’ve been kind of gloomy lately.”

“Everyone has been asking me that the past few days,” I remarked.

“See? Guess it’s not just me then.”

“I don’t know why people ask me that. I’m really not depressed. I promise.” I shook my head. “I don’t act like I’m depressed at all.”

She frowned, trying to find a way to make me understand. “It’s not like a sighing, crying sort of depression. It’s like… an empty sort of depression. Like something is missing. That’s what it seems like to me anyway.”

I understood what she meant immediately. There was something missing in my life, and I knew exactly what—well, who—it was. Brennan. But I wasn’t going to admit it under any circumstances. It had been nearly three weeks since the prom, and I needed to move on.

I sighed. “I’m fine. Nothing’s missing from my life; I’m perfectly happy.” I put on a cheerful smile. “So don’t worry about me, okay?”

She nodded. “Okay. I won’t.”

Algebra was actually fun. Zoie, Melina, and I drew pictures of our friends as animals. Zoie was a cobra, Melina was a mouse, Delanie was a monkey, Jaycee Wilson was a toucan, Ivy was a zebra, and I was a leopard. We also did Derek, Jaycee’s boyfriend Leo, and Zoie’s boyfriend Chris.

“Hey, Chris, take a look at this!” Melina said excitedly as Zoie showed him the paper they’d drawn everything on. I walked next to them.

“Wow, this is great,” he remarked, laughing.

“We have to show everyone now,” I told them.

“Of course!” Melina burst out. “Zoie, you’re keeping it, aren’t you?”

“Yeah. I have to show Jade.”

Melina frowned. She and Jade used to be best friends, but now they never spoke at all if they could avoid it.

“Well, I’ll see you guys later,” she said as she left.

“So how did you guys come up with this?” Chris asked as we headed down the main hallway to our English class.

I heard a collective gasp and turned to see that a full blown fight had broken out right behind us. I glanced back and saw Brennan not six feet from me, his eyes shifting from me to the fight. I turned around and realized I’d been pushed to the front row of the circle surrounding the two. I looked back to find Chris and Zoie, but they were nowhere to be seen.

Before I knew what had happened, Brennan had pushed his way to the front lines, almost directly in front of me. I don’t really remember much of what happened. I only remember being shoved into him as a couple of girls pushed their way through to see.

I looked back and saw Chris and Zoie standing near a pole all the way across the hall. I instantly left the crazed horde of people to join them. Had I been looking, I probably would’ve seen Brennan glance back at me to make sure I was okay.

“Thanks for leaving me,” I said sarcastically as I met them. I actually didn’t really mind. I thought it was kind of cute how fast Chris had gotten her out of there.

“I’m sorry,” Zoie apologized as we started walking again.

I walked a little ahead of them to give them some privacy as they said goodbye. I felt kind of awkward walking with them, but after almost being literally pushed into the middle of a fight I didn’t really wanna be alone.

I was still shaking when I got into English. I sat down next to Hallie and Haven. “I almost got pushed into the middle of a fight!” I blurted.

“Really? Was it a big one?”

“Yeah. It was…” I gazed over at Nate Pelletier, who had taken his shoe off and was rubbing the heel of it as hard as he could. “What are you doing?”

He looked over at me, his blue eyes shining as he smiled, then returned to his work.

“He won’t tell us either,” Haven told me.

“There’s a black spot on it,” he explained, glancing at me again.

“So you’re cleaning it in the middle of class?” I asked. “You know they’re just gonna get dirty again.”

He smiled. “That’s what bleach is for.”

“You’re gonna bleach your shoes?” Haven asked.

“Why not?” Nate grinned.

I smiled. If the teacher hadn’t come in and started talking I probably would’ve thanked him. He provided me with the perfect distraction from my near injury. I don’t think I would ever be as enthusiastic about watching fights after what had happened. Never.

#28 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

okay! i missed another update again..
this time it wasn't my fault!
yes for once it wasn't..even it was kinda..but not today!
ha! it was my dad's and school's fault!
blame them!..the updates were awesome!
update soon!! :)

☺Leah☺

#29 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a little bit. I'm usually better about these things. I've had a lot going on lately, with school ending soon and pom... and a new guy! And no, unfortunately, he's not my boyfriend...yet. :D

Anyway, I'll probably update either today or tomorrow, but I'm not exactly sure which way I want to go with this chapter so it might be a little longer.

Leah: Don't worry about it. :icon_lol: As a reader, I've always liked missing updates because then when I go back I get to read two chapters without ever having to worry about what's going to happen.

I'll try and finish the chapter soon!

#30 WriteAccrossTheSky<3

WriteAccrossTheSky<3

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

Yay! I've finally been verified, so I can reply to this story at last! I've been following it since the beginning and I absolutely love it. I'm so excited to find out what happens next! Update! Please!

#31 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

I'm excited to get this chapter over with so that I can work on the more interesting parts. I've always loved writing in complications and things. The good thing is that I also love writing happy endings, no matter how unexpected they may be.

Anyway, I hope you all like chapter 8!

Chapter Eight
Audrey’s POV

Practice sucked. I couldn’t hit any of my turns or stunts, and I had to watch Piper talking to all of her friends and making us all look like little awkward freaks compared to her in hip hop. You would never know by looking at her that she could booty pop with the best of them.

“So I was talking to Wyatt last night, and he told me he loved my eyes,” Onyx gushed. Sometimes I wished she would just shut up about him. The world didn’t revolve around her. Hadn’t she figured that out yet?

“That’s so cute,” Hazel remarked, smiling. I rolled my eyes. She was such a pushover. I could get her to do anything I wanted just because I was pretty sure she was intimidated by me. I used that to my advantage as best I could.

Actually, most people I knew were secretly afraid of me. I think it was my eyes. They could be kind of haunting.

The one person who I could tell wasn’t afraid of me, though, was Piper. I once had a staring contest with her, trying to see who could keep a straight face the longest. Instead of looking away, like most people I’d tried that with, she won because she’d winked at me. That’s right. Winked at me. So she may’ve seemed like a quiet, shy person, but she could come out of her shell very quickly, and I had a feeling that she could be just as intimidating as I could be.

“He asked me out again,” Onyx told Hazel with a smile.

“Why aren’t you saying yes?” she asked. “Don’t you like him?”

Onyx blushed. “Of course I do,” she said.

“Then what’s the problem?”

“I don’t know. I just wanna take it slow. I don’t want to end up getting hurt. That’s happened way too many times.”

“Trey was different,” Hazel told her. “He didn’t even go to the same school as you. And he was a player anyway. Now that you’re in the same school as your boyfriend you can keep tabs on him.” She smiled. “And you know we’ll all do our part too.”

Onyx laughed. “Thank you so much.”

I got out of there as fast as I could. I didn’t want to listen to any more of it. I hated self-centered people. They bugged me like nothing else ever could. I’m not quite sure why, because it’s every person’s right to be a bit conceited, but it irked me.

School that day was a bore. I wanted to be out for summer so badly I could hardly stand it. It was so close, yet so far away. That final day of school… three weeks. Three lousy weeks and then it could be over. Except for pom practice, which I didn’t even mind.

Cole met me between classes. “Hey, Audrey,” he greeted, smiling. He tried to give me a hug, but I made it a half-hug to try and show him I wasn’t interested. I didn’t feel bad in the least. In order to get what I wanted I had to break a few hearts. I wanted it all, and Cole didn’t have it all. Not by a long shot. Brennan, however, did.

“Hi, Cole,” I said.

“So how has your week been?” he asked as we started walking toward my next class.

“Okay, I guess,” I admitted. “Not the best in the world. I mean, there are no really good days in school during the last few weeks, you know?”

He laughed. “Yeah.” He sighed. “Especially in Chemistry class.”

I smiled. “I think you’ve told me about that.”

“Yeah, Mr. Newbury? He’s horrible. No one in our class likes him.”

“Well, I guess I’m glad I’m not taking Chemistry next year, then,” I said.

“Why aren’t you?”

“Well, I’m not planning on doing any more than I have to. High school doesn’t even matter anyway. It starts in college.”

Cole frowned. I’m not sure that that’s the right outlook to have,” he remarked. “The better grades you get and the better courses you take, the easier it is to get into the college you want.” He paused. “Do you even know where you wanna go?”

“No,” I said. “But I have a lot of time to think about it.”

He shrugged. “Maybe so,” he murmured as we reached my classroom. “Well, I’ll see you later, okay?”

I nodded. “Okay.”

The school day dragged by. I didn’t want to worry about anything anymore. It wasn’t fair. We should be reviewing, not learning anything new. It was ridiculous.

Finally, I got out, and I headed to my dance locker as soon as I could. I needed to get out of school. It was like torture.

“Audrey!” My heart beat faster as I heard his voice. It seemed like no matter how many times I heard the sound, it would always be more beautiful to me than anything else.

“Brennan!” I said, masking my awe with a smile. He met my greeting with an adorable smile of his own. “What a surprise. I thought you were skipping today.”

He laughed. I tried to push down the butterflies in my stomach that suddenly made themselves known. “Yeah, but I decided not to. Anyway, I decided that I do want your help. I hope you know how much this means to me, Audrey. I’m not used to asking for help with this kind of thing, but you’re really being great.”

My heart jumped as he leaned a little closer conspiratorially. “Yeah, sure,” I stammered, trying to get a hold of myself.

He nodded. “You’re friends with Piper, right?” he asked, glancing around suspiciously.

I shrugged as my head screamed obscenities. Why did he have to pick the one girl who could actually outdo me if it came to that? “Sort of. She’s closer to my friend Hazel than she is to me. What about her?”

“Well, like I told you, we met at formal, and I really, really like her. She’s one of the nicest, most attractive girls I’ve ever met.”

My heart sank. Oh, great. “Oh, yeah?”

He nodded. “Yeah. And I was wondering… has she said anything about it to anyone that you know of?”

I pursed my lips. “I don’t think so. But then, Piper’s kind of the quiet type. She keeps to herself a lot. If she’s told anyone, she’s told Hazel, though. Why do you ask?”

“I was hoping you could find out if she felt the same way about that night, and maybe help us get together? You and I could hang out this weekend. Could you try to invite her along too?” He looked so hopeful. It was kind of cute, but disgusting at the same time. Because his optimism wasn’t because of me.

I fought back the urge to scream. This wasn’t fair. Piper was a really sweet girl, and I guessed she probably deserved a nice guy like him, but what about me? “Sure,” I answered in spite of myself. I didn’t wanna do anything to make their relationship progress in any way. “I’ll see what I can do. I can’t make any promises, but…”

He kissed my cheek, and I froze, shocked at the softness of his lips on my skin. “Thanks, Audrey, you’re the best,” he told me as he walked away.

I groaned. Apparently I wasn’t...

“Something wrong, Audrey?” Hazel Seymour, my best friend, asked as she approached.

“Oh, no, nothing,” I assured her quickly. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much,” she said. “Just heading out to the bus.”

I fought the urge to hurl as I decided to help Brennan. Maybe, just maybe, if I helped him, he’d see that I was really better for him than Piper was. “So, I’ve been talking to this guy, Brennan,” I told her as we walked to the buses together. “He’s really cute, and he’s the sweetest guy in the world. We’re hanging out at the mall this weekend.”

Hazel’s face went white. “Br…Brennan?” she stammered, looking horrified.

“Yeah. Why, what’s wrong with him?” I asked.

“Oh, no…nothing. Well, actually, yeah… there’s this girl who really, really likes him, and she’d be crushed if you two ended going out.”

“Who?” I demanded. I hoped against all hope that it wasn’t Piper.

She shook her head. “I can’t say. She told me in confidence, and I can’t blab her secret to everyone.”

I frowned. “Why not? You do it to me all the time.”

Hazel laughed. “Yeah, right, of course I do. Come on, let’s get to the bus before we have to walk home.”

“Sure.” I sighed as we both sprinted down the sidewalk to get to the bus on time.

#32 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

hahhaha..
so audrey's not all that bad i see..
just trying too hard to fish brennan..
thinking he's for her..
and actually getting blinded..
man..i feel sorry for her..
'cause those one-sided love are mostly bitter..
but at least it'll help her see even better when it comes to fishing..lol..
i'm like an aristocrat to this..not..hahahha..
update soon! ha! i managed to not miss it this time!..lol..

☺Leah☺

#33 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

Major part of me believes that Audrey is a scumbag.
And a tiny (VERY tiny) part believes she just wants to have it all.

She hates people who are self-centered whereas she fails to see, she is one of them.
What a hypocrite.

You write really well Sara, I m awed.
And I like this story really very much.
I'd like to see to what extent Audrey can go to get Brennen.

She still had those slips and she sometimes acts normal, but most of the time, she is a self-absorbed person.
Her feelings towards others have revealed that fact pretty well.
I mean why treat Cole like that?
She thinks Hazel would do anything for her just because she is pretty?
She got that right when Hazel refused to tell her who is that person who really liked Brennen.

*scoffs*

I'd love to see her reaction (however immature) when both Brennen and Piper find out about each others' feelings.

I would love the read the next update!

Piper is a very sweet girl.

And one thing, could you please explain to me the fight sequence properly?
I m sorry, but when I m sick (I have major cold and cough issues) I m pretty slow, so could you please explain that again?

THANKS!

Update Soon!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#34 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hello all! I'm gonna try and work on an update pretty soon, but I also have to work on another novel, so it might be a few days...

Leah: Yeah, Audrey's not all bad. She's a little misguided. She really believes that if Piper wasn't an issue, Brennan would fall for her. She has a nice side, she just doesn't let it show very often.

Suki: Like I told Leah, she's not all bad. But yeah, she can seem like a real scumbag. Thank you for the compliment! :D Haha Audrey can be normal, but most of the time she's...well, you know.

She thinks Hazel would do anything for her just because she is pretty?

Actually, the passage says "I could get her to do anything I wanted just because I was pretty sure she was intimidated by me." Audrey doesn't think Hazel's a pushover because of her looks, she thinks Hazel is afraid of her. Which is backed up with a statement a few sentences down "Actually, most people I knew were secretly afraid of me." Hope I cleared that up!

And one thing, could you please explain to me the fight sequence properly?
I m sorry, but when I m sick (I have major cold and cough issues) I m pretty slow, so could you please explain that again?

Haha at first I was like 'What fight scene? There's no fight scene.' But don't worry, I get it now. ;) I'm gonna go ahead and quote it here, then explain it as best I can...

I heard a collective gasp and turned to see that a full blown fight had broken out right behind us. I glanced back and saw Brennan not six feet from me, his eyes shifting from me to the fight. I turned around and realized I’d been pushed to the front row of the circle surrounding the two. I looked back to find Chris and Zoie, but they were nowhere to be seen.

Before I knew what had happened, Brennan had pushed his way to the front lines, almost directly in front of me. I don’t really remember much of what happened. I only remember being shoved into him as a couple of girls pushed their way through to see.

I looked back and saw Chris and Zoie standing near a pole all the way across the hall. I instantly left the crazed horde of people to join them. Had I been looking, I probably would’ve seen Brennan glance back at me to make sure I was okay.

Okay, I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but I'll do my best. It's kind of confusing because all of this happened so quickly. Piper sees the beginning of a fight, and she's not sure what to do so she turns to look at her friends, in the process spotting Brennan. She's distracted by him so she doesn't know that she's at the front of the circle, where the people who are fighting could actually run into her personally. When she finally does see this she freaks and looks back again to try and find Chris and Zoie, but they're gone. Meanwhile, Brennan, presumably because he doesn't want Piper to get hurt, pushes his way to the front and pretty much blocks her from the fight.

I don't know if that helps much... if you need any more explanations I'll be happy to try again! :)

I'll see when I can update, but it might be a couple days.

#35 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

OH!
It obviously helps!
I m so sorry!
I thought it would be something like that.
I caught the main gist when I read that but I thought I missed out on something.
Guess fortunately I didn't!!

Thanks a ton for explaining that and also for the Hazel part.
I get it now.
Audrey is a normal girl with major self-absorption issues.
Right?

:D

Well thanks again!

And I will wait patiently for the next update..Don't worry!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#36 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for being so patient everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long... I'm trying to work on my novel at the same time as this, and it's not working out as well as I would've hoped.

Suki: I'm glad that made more sense to you. And yeah, you got Audrey pretty much right. She does have some major ego issues.

Anyway, I hope you guys like the chapter!

Chapter Nine
Piper’s POV

“Hey, Piper,” Onyx greeted as I came up to our table the next morning. I was so glad we didn’t have practice.

“Hey,” I said with a smile.

Hazel grabbed my arm, an urgent look on her face. “Let’s take a walk, okay?”

I frowned, concerned. “What’s going on?”

“I’ll tell you in a minute.”

“Okay.”

She pulled me away from the table and started walking through the commons. “Okay, I have something you should probably know. And just to warn you, it’s not good.”

I sighed. Just great. I was having a good day too. “What is it?” I asked warily.

“That guy you went to prom with… What was his name?” Hazel asked intensely.

A feeling of dread washed over me. “Brennan. Why?”

“Well, uh… Audrey’s been talking to him a lot, apparently. I think she likes him.”

My heart sank. Did someone have to take every guy I liked? “Maybe it’s not the same Brennan,” I suggested hopefully, knowing it was a useless theory.

“Yeah. Maybe.” Hazel sounded just as skeptical as me. “I told her that someone would be really mad if she went out with him, but I didn’t tell her who.”

“She likes him?” I asked, making sure my impending heartbreak was justified.

“Yeah.”

“Oh boy.” I knew Audrey’s track record. She was a user, a manipulator. She had used her last boyfriend as a backup plan. She broke up with him for a guy, then got back together with him when she realized the guy she wanted didn’t really want her back. She played guys like a fiddle, then left them confused and brokenhearted.

“Just what I was thinking.”

“It probably wasn’t the same guy. I mean, there can’t just be one Brennan in our school. You think?”

“Maybe.” She hesitated. “Besides, she lies a lot. Like, she told me she got into a fight with her parents last night. Her mom is one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met.”

“Yeah, you’ve said that before.”

“I hope it’s not your Brennan.”

“Me too.” I sighed. This wasn’t going to be a good week, I could already tell.

As we got back to our table and I started talking with some of the girls about the nearing end of school, Audrey approached. I felt a pang as I remembered my conversation with Hazel. Audrey was everything guys wanted: beautiful, flirtatious, fearless… I may’ve been pretty, but I was far from fearless and I really had no idea how to flirt.

I smiled at her, knowing the time had passed for me to actually say something.

“Hey Audrey!” Hazel greeted cheerfully. I continued with my previous conversation, keeping a close eye on the two.

“Hi. What’s up?”

“Nothing much. Just waiting for the bell to ring.” She hesitated. “Um… does anyone want to go with me to get a drink?”

I looked up from my phone. “I will,” I told her, pulling a dollar out of my purse. “I was getting thirsty anyway.”

We walked down the hall to the machines and I could tell that there was something getting in the way of any conversation we could’ve had.

“So…” Audrey drawled, officially making the situation awkward.

I glanced over at her with a sad smile. I didn’t want to talk about anything related to Brennan. “I heard you had a fight with your parents last night,” I told her.

She looked at the ground. “Oh. Yeah.”

“It gets better, you know,” I told her. “It’s not as hard once you’ve been doing it for a while. I fight with my dad all the time.”

Audrey looked skeptical.

I nodded. “It’s true.” I hesitated. “My mom thinks we’re too much alike… we’re both stubborn, opinionated people who take things that come from the other one too personally. It used to hurt a lot, but after a while… I don’t even care anymore.”

“It’s my mom I have a problem with,” she told me. “Sometimes I wish she’d just go away.”

I shook my head. “You think that now, but if she really did leave, you’d miss her.”

“I’m not so sure about that.”

“I am. You see, when I was in third grade, I didn’t really have too great of a relationship with my father. I felt the same way you do about your mom. Then September 11th happened, and his job got a huge pay cut—he’s a pilot. Anyway, he had to take up a second job to help support us, and I got my wish… except it wasn’t what I ended up wanting.”

She shrugged. She looked indifferent but I could tell that I’d made a minor breakthrough.

As we started to walk back, I had a revelation. Maybe telling Audrey I was the reason Hazel had freaked out would be a good thing. I wanted her to trust me, after all. And maybe if I did I would get a chance to actually see Brennan.

I said it quickly, like ripping off a Band-Aid. “I heard you’ve been talking to Brennan.”

Her surprise was a little too extreme. “You’re the one Hazel was talking about?!”

I nodded. “I just wanted to let you know that… if you like him, go for it. I spent one night with him. It’s really not a big deal.”

“That’s not what Hazel seemed to think,” she remarked.

“She overreacted.” I paused. “There’s one thing that concerned me about him, though,” I lied. Actually, nothing had concerned me about him. But something he really had said sounded a little iffy. “He told me that if he wanted to get with a girl just to hook up with her, he probably could. I just… I don’t want you to end up being that girl.”

She looked a little put off. “Thanks for the warning.” A pause. “So… what do you think of him?”

“I don’t really know. I only met him once. He seemed like he’s a nice guy.”

She went off into her own little world for a second. “Yeah,” she said. “He’s pretty amazing.” She smiled for no apparent reason, and I was struck by its evil quality. I didn’t let on, however.

We got back to the table and Hazel smiled at me. “Ready to go?” she asked, pulling her bag onto her shoulder and glancing toward the lockers.

“Sure,” I said with a nod.

I left without glancing back. I was afraid that if I did I’d end up betraying my true feelings: jealousy and hurt. Why couldn’t any of the guys I liked like me back? They always had to like Audrey, or types like her. Were they really all that stupid? They should know they would only get played. But apparently they didn’t.

When I got into Chemistry class later, I sat at my desk and sighed for a moment, trying to calm myself down. I had to try and relax. Things would get better. They always did. I would get over this one just like I got over all the others.

Zoie came in with a smile. “Hey, Piper,” she greeted me as she sat down.

“Hey, Zoie.”

Cole came in just before the bell rang, grinning from ear to ear.

“Hey, Cole,” Zoie said with a sober look on her face. “I need to talk to you.”

“About what?”

“I just want you to try and stay away from Audrey. I know you like her and everything, but she’s just getting over a breakup. She’s vulnerable right now.”

I frowned. Vulnerable? That was the last word I would use to describe her.

“Listen, I know what you’re thinking, and right now we’re just friends.”

“Just be careful of her. She’s kind of my special project,” Zoie said. Cole raised an eyebrow. “I’m watching out for her. You know, look out for the little sister kind of thing.”

“Right.”

Zoie turned back to her work and I sighed. “Listen, Cole,” I said. “I can tell you this because I’m not biased. You don’t wanna go out with Audrey. She’s very manipulative and she’ll just use you like she uses every other guy she meets.”

“Don’t worry, Piper. I’m not going out with her.”

I rolled my eyes. He would sooner or later. They all did, no matter how many people tried to warn them.

#37 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

awwwwwhhh..poor piper..
i feel sorry for her..
stupid brennan..die! jk..
sigh..but i gotta say..piper's such a good actress..
yippee!!
poop..audrey..stop being so flirty!..
hahaha..awesome update!
hope you update soon!

☺Leah☺

#38 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Haha hey guys! :D

Leah: Haha I've always thought Piper was an amazing actress. You're not going to know anything about what she's feeling unless she wants you to know.

So, I'm not ready to update yet (actually I haven't even started chapter ten...) but I've planned out the whole book (about 33 or 34 chapters!). I'm thinking about doing a sequel to this story, about Piper's college years. I just wanted to run it by you guys and see if any of you would be interested in reading it if I actually end up doing it.

Tell me what you guys think! I'd be grateful for any input. ;)

#39 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

STUPID STUPID STUPID PIPER!!!

Why did she have to go and tell Audrey she was the one?
I mean she KNOWS that Audrey will just use Brennan and leave him heart broken and stuff, STILL she left him for her to feast on.
Couldn't she AT LEAST think before she acted. She is warning COLE but not protecting Brennan!

AGH! I hate this!
I mean what's happening. Not the story and certainly not you!

I really like the way the story is going.
I know there are bad things happening, but, Still it's pretty good.
And Audrey well I will try and not talk about her.
Because if I open my mouth about her, I won't stop insulting her.
That self-absorbed WITCH!

Okay, Just update soon alright?
Wait, Next update will be from Audrey's point of view right?
SH*T!

Okay take your time in posting the next chapter.
No hurry.

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#40 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

I've finished chapter ten! This is the beginning of the trouble for Brennan and Piper, unfortunately...

Why did she have to go and tell Audrey she was the one?
I mean she KNOWS that Audrey will just use Brennan and leave him heart broken and stuff, STILL she left him for her to feast on.
Couldn't she AT LEAST think before she acted. She is warning COLE but not protecting Brennan!

Piper's not being stupid, really. She only met him once and they don't really talk now. She told Audrey to gain the girl's trust, so she can hear more about him. She figures if she gets closer to Audrey she'll have to run into Brennan sooner or later, since she thinks he likes Audrey. At this point, like I said, Piper doesn't talk to Brennan much. She's actually pretty shy, although she puts on a good show. She doesn't just go walking up to people she barely knows to warn them about things. Cole, however, she thinks of as the brother she never wanted but got stuck with anyway, so she feels protective of him. He's more than a year younger than her...

I hope you like the chapter!

Chapter Ten
Audrey’s POV

I thought about Piper’s confession every second for the next three days. Why would she just come out and tell me that? She was either incredibly clever or extremely naïve. And though Piper was your wholesome, run-of-the-mill girl next door, she was definitely not naïve.

Except maybe she was in this case. I mean, I couldn’t help but notice Piper’s ineptitude with men. Though she was beautiful and friendly, she was so nice to everyone that no one could tell who it was she liked. Her perception of being obvious about it was actually hopelessly subtle. Maybe it was a fear of rejection. Although I didn’t know why she would have to worry about that one. During the past few years she’d blossomed into an extremely pretty girl.

I suddenly got an idea. I could use her trust, whether real or not, to my advantage. If I could plant doubts in her mind about Brennan, maybe I could make her stop liking him. Then, a few of the same in Brennan’s head, and bingo! I’d be home free and Brennan would be all mine. It would take a lot of scheming on my part, but I wasn’t worried. I was good at things like this.

“Hey, Audrey.” I looked over and almost groaned when I saw Cole.

“Hey, Cole,” I said. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much.” He looked around. “Have you seen Piper? I needed to see if she knew if we have a test tomorrow in Chem.”

“Weren’t you listening in class?” I asked, a little miffed that he was looking for Piper instead of pining over me.

“Oh, like you ever do,” he shot back with a grin. He was right. I wasn’t exactly a star student. I had a pretty bad reputation with teachers.

“I haven’t seen her,” I lied. I’d actually just seen her a couple of minutes ago, but I wasn’t going to help anyone find her. A little catty, I know, but I was having a hard time buying her little miss perfect act.

“Great,” he sighed. “Oh, well. I’ll just have to wing it, I guess.”

“You’ll probably make an A anyway,” I remarked. Cole was a genius. Too bad he wasn’t the least bit attractive, because he might’ve grown up to be very, very rich.

“Right.” He laughed. “I’ll see you later, Audrey.”

“Okay,” I said as he left to go to his next class.

“Hey, Audrey!” I was relieved to find that this was Hazel and not another boy who was in love with me. I was tired of them.

“What’s up, Hazel?” I asked.

“Nothing much. Hey, was that Cole?” She glanced toward his retreating figure. “I thought you were gonna tell him to leave you alone.”

“I did, but he just won’t take a hint,” I lied. “He’s really, really annoying. I just can’t get rid of him. He always sticks to me like glue.”

Hazel frowned. “I’m sorry,” she said. She paused. “Although I don’t get why having a guy that’s totally head over heels for you is such a bad thing.”

“It is when it’s not the guy you want.”

“Yeah, I guess so,” she admitted. “But you don’t have much experience with that kind of thing. It’s a lot different when you’re rejected once as opposed to hundreds of times.”

“Oh, come on, you haven’t been rejected hundreds of times,” I objected, though I knew it was probably true. Hazel could be kind of annoying at times, a little too clingy. I didn’t really blame guys for not liking her. She was useful sometimes, as in this fooling Piper thing, but at times she could be a nuisance.

She looked incredulous. “Are you kidding me?” she asked. “I can’t hold a guy’s attention for more than a week. They always move on to someone they think is better.”

“It’s not your fault,” I said. “Guys are just stupid sometimes.”

“I know that,” she told me. “But I’m starting to think it’s me.”

I almost laughed as I fabricated another lie. “No, it’s not you, believe me.”

“Right.” She didn’t sound convinced. That would be one lie I wasn’t gonna be able to sell. Hazel sighed. “Well, I’ll see you later, I guess.”

She headed into her Spanish class and I continued into my English class, ready to get the day over with so I could start planning.

I sighed as I almost ran into my ex. He still loved me, I heard. I knew he was already. The way he stared at me was too loving. Even though he’d gotten mad at me when we broke up, he’d gotten over it quickly and continued his fixation. I couldn’t really blame him.

Onyx came up to me as I headed to my Spanish class. “So you’re still talking to Hazel?” she asked. “Even after all the stuff she’s been saying about you?”

“Yeah. What exactly is it that she’s saying about me?”

“Oh, that you’re a player and you use guys all the time and then leave them brokenhearted.”

“At least I can get a guy,” I shot back.

Onyx laughed. “Wow, Audrey,” she remarked. “Down girl.”

“So, do you know Brennan Tremaine?” I asked, wondering if Piper had told anyone other than Hazel.

“The name sounds familiar. Why?” That didn’t answer my question.

“We’ve been talking a lot, and I really like him.”

“Oh, girl, that’s awesome!” she said. “So, has he asked you out yet?”

“No, but I have a feeling he might.” I really wished that was true but I knew it wasn’t.

“That’s great!”

“Yeah.” I flashed my shy schoolgirl smile. “Maybe I’ll have as much luck with him as you’ve been having with Wyatt.”

“Hey, yeah!” she said excitedly. “Well, I’ll talk to you later.”

She jogged away, and I trudged to my class.

After Spanish, I started toward my locker when I saw Brennan. I didn’t want to see him right now. I had to have time to perfect my act, so I wouldn’t tip him off. I couldn’t have him knowing that I was trying to keep him from the girl he really liked. If he knew that then he would probably never speak to me again.

I tried to avoid his gaze as Brennan came up to me. “Audrey,” he said.

I looked over. “Oh. Hey. What’s up?”

“I saw her today.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” His eyes glowed. “I accidentally on purpose knocked into her. When she looked back, she gave me the most adorable smile.”

“That’s great!” I told him, trying to be as enthusiastic as I could. “I’m sure you must be so excited!”

“You have no idea,” he said. “You’re still trying to invite her to go with us, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, of course I am, Brennan, I just haven’t thought of the right way to ask her yet. You don’t want it to seem like you’re doing this because you like her, do you?”

“No. If she doesn’t like me, I don’t wanna end up looking like an idiot.”

“I won’t let you look like an idiot, I promise.”

As we walked toward my locker, I caught a glimpse of Piper walking with Onyx. She was gazing at Brennan, the pain in her green eyes evident even from across the hallway.

I couldn’t help but feel a little smug as I pulled my things out of my locker. “I’ll talk to her,” I promised, trying to keep him around as long as I could. Piper didn’t have to have her happy ending right away.

“Okay. Thanks.”

He walked off just as Piper and Onyx turned the corner. I smiled evilly. Perfect.

#41 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

hahaahhahaha..
audrey you are so gonna get burned..
she thinks she can have anything she wants but she's wrong..
terribly wrong..
she still doesn't know how much of a fighter piper is..
buurn audrey, burn! lol..
love the update..
update soon!!

☺Leah☺

#42 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:27 AM

I Hate Her!
I hate her [b]SO MUCH[/b]!
Why can't she just DIE and rot in the deepest pits of hell?
Why is she ruining everyone else's life?

God!
This is so sad!
I can't bear it!
I really can't reading all of her cruelties..I m just clinging onto the fact that you told me earlier.
That Brennan and Piper WILL have a happy ending.
I just can't wait for all of this to get over.

I HATE HER!

God.
Please Update again VERY SOON!
I need some of Piper's feelings flowing through me.
I have enough of Audrey.
If in my power, I wouldn't even read her chapter.
But what can I do? I love you and this story too much to do that kind of thing.

UPDATE SOON!

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

#43 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

Hi everyone! I was able to get this chapter done pretty fast, and since everyone was so angry after Audrey's last chapter I figured I'd go ahead and post this one to try and make everyone feel a little better...

she thinks she can have anything she wants but she's wrong..
terribly wrong..
she still doesn't know how much of a fighter piper is..

Haha a good evaluation, Leah. You get to see a little bit of Piper's fighter side in this chapter, but it's more subtle than anything. She never really attacks out in the open, but she does it in more discreet ways, like one upping someone or throwing in remarks that hint at evil tendencies but never enough to show people her full potential. :D

I really can't reading all of her cruelties..I m just clinging onto the fact that you told me earlier.
That Brennan and Piper WILL have a happy ending.

If I recall, I never said they would have a happy ending. I just said I'm a fan of happy endings so it's likely that there will be one. I think. ^_^

Anyway, I hope you all like the chapter! I'll see if I can hurry up with chapter 12!

Chapter Eleven
Piper’s POV

“Girls, make sure you stretch,” April instructed us the next morning. “We really need to work on hip hop today. There are lots of improvements to be made.”

“It’s really hot in here,” Laila complained.

“Yeah,” Kacey agreed. “I don’t know why they decide to turn off the air conditioner even though we’re still here.”

“They’re trying to save money, I guess,” Emma Winston theorized.

“Being cheap, is more like it,” Delanie said.

“Is there any way we can go outside and practice?” Jaycee asked.

“You wanna go practice out on the grass?” April asked skeptically.

“It’s just hip hop,” Melina said. “Besides, it’s a nice day. And there’s plenty of room between the track and the baseball field.”

I felt my heart give a lurch. Brennan played baseball.

“Are you girls going to be able to do all of your stunts full out and everything?” April inquired. “Because if we can’t then we’re staying inside.”

“We’ll be fine,” Sage assured her. “There aren’t any turns or anything that would make it hard to dance. It’s mostly jumps and stalls, and that’s actually more comfortable on grass.”

“Okay then. After we finish stretching we can move outside,” April told us.

I couldn’t stop thinking about him, even though I knew I needed to. After all, why else would he be walking with her?

I’d always known it would happen, I guess. I wasn’t the most outgoing person in the world, and it usually worked to my disadvantage. I couldn’t find the courage to actually show a guy that I liked him, which made it hard for them, I supposed.

“All right, get your things and let’s move outside.”

I was glad that baseball didn’t have practice as we headed outside. I had a solo in the dance that I definitely didn’t want Brennan to see.

I saw the baseball team on the field as we got into our formation. I let out an internal groan. Brennan was there somewhere, I knew it.

“Okay, now, Piper, we’ll take it from the beginning. Make sure you’re doing it full out. We need to see how this is going to look,” April said.

I nodded, putting my hands on my hips and sighing. The baseball guys were starting to stare.

We got into our formation and fell into our beginning poses as adrenaline surged through me. I didn’t want to do this. What if I messed up?

“You okay?” Hazel asked me.

“Yeah,” I sighed. “Fine.”

April turned on the music and the first song, a sped up, edited version of Britney Spears’ “Mannequin” came blasting from the stereo.

I held for the intro, then began dancing, doing it full out like April had told me to. I could hear the baseball boys whistling, and I felt Audrey’s angry stare boring into my back. Well, she could get over it. I was good at hip hop, better than Audrey, and I wasn’t going to handicap myself because Brennan was watching. With every count my confidence increased, and my solo seemed to end too soon.

April stopped the music. “There’s no way we’re taking that out if you can do it like that,” she remarked with a smile. The baseball boys to the side of us were clapping and whistling. I tried not to look at them, but one of them stood out from the rest. I didn’t know who it was, but he wouldn’t stop staring at me. It made me a little uncomfortable, but at the same time, it felt good to be noticed.

“I’ll do my best,” I promised.

She smiled. “Good. Now, on to the stunt section.”

Hazel and Onyx grinned at me as I turned to head to the stunt formation. I smiled. Everyone seemed happy with my performance except for Audrey. I could still see her glaring at me from the corner of my eye. I looked her straight in the eye and smiled.

I went through the day in kind of a daze. I hadn’t gotten much sleep the night before, and I was relying completely on caffeine to get me through.

“Girl, your solo at the beginning was awesome!” Onyx told me as I came into Spanish later.

Anna Lewis smiled. “Yeah, no kidding. I mean, I always knew you could do hip hop, but that wasn’t anything I’ve ever seen you do before.”

I smiled. “Thanks.” I paused. “You look really pretty today, guys.”

Onyx laughed. “Wow. Nice change of subject.”

“I thought so.”

“What solo?” Derek spoke up.

I sighed. “I have a solo at the beginning of our hip hop dance,” I explained.

“I’ll have to watch for you the night of your showoff,” he said.

“You’re going to watch Delanie, aren’t you?” I asked.

“Yeah, but I can always watch you too,” he told me, smiling.

I rolled my eyes. “Suit yourself.”

“Why aren’t you and Delanie going out yet anyway?” Onyx asked. “I mean, it’s obvious that you guys like each other. What gives?”

“It’s not the right time,” he answered.

“Well, isn’t that the universal male answer?” Emma remarked. Her best friend, Anna, giggled. “What makes it a bad time?”

“I don’t know. It just is.”

“I’m not even going to pretend to understand that,” I admitted.

“You don’t have to understand,” he said.

I suffered through Spanish and then headed to math before we went to lunch, knowing I wouldn’t be able to eat anything.

“I can’t believe this,” Melina muttered angrily.

“Can’t believe what?” I asked.

“Jade is going around telling people that I like Zack.”

“Wait. Zack… Zack Palmer?”

“Yeah.”

“I didn’t know you liked him.” I smiled. “He’s in my English class.”

“Really?” she asked.

I nodded. “Why’s she doing that? You two aren’t even friends anymore.”

“I don’t know, but whatever her reasons, she needs to stop. She needs to stay out of my business. I told her that I wasn’t going to really talk to her, I didn’t want to associate with her anymore. But she still sticks her nose where it doesn’t belong and blurts out my business to a bunch of people I don’t even know!” She sighed, frustrated.

“How is she finding out this stuff?” I inquired.

“At lunch she sits with people I normally hang out with. I think they probably talk about it and then she finds out. But even still, she doesn’t need to go around talking about it.”

“Yeah, that’s not right,” I agreed.

“I mean, that’s the exact reason I didn’t want to talk to her. She blurts out everything and spreads rumors about me. I know I’m not the best person in the world but I definitely don’t deserve to be trash talked behind my back.”

“Have things gotten better since you’ve quit talking to her?” I asked.

“Not really. If anything, she’s gotten worse about it.” She frowned. “She’s just jealous of me.”

“Yeah.” I paused. “Do you want me to talk to her about it?”

“No. I’m just gonna ignore it. Maybe she’ll get bored.”

“I hope so.”

After math I headed to English, starving. I regretted losing my appetite earlier. I mean, I knew I was freaking out over Brennan liking Audrey, but there was no excuse for being that extreme.

As soon as I walked in I saw Nate with a cup of ice cream.

“Nate, that’s not fair,” I complained as I sat down next to Hallie and Haven. “You can’t do that to me, I didn’t have any lunch.”

“Yeah, Nate,” Haven agreed. “That’s cruel.”

He smiled. “Oh, this is so good,” he taunted, taking a bite.

Hallie frowned. “Minus five points.”

“What?”

“You haven’t heard us doing that?” Haven asked.

“No.”

“Doesn’t matter. Minus five points.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Nate remarked.

“You don’t have to. It’s the point game, and Haven and I are the only ones who can add and subtract points.”

“What are the points based on?”

“Whatever we want them to be based on.”

Nate gazed at me for help, a confused look on his face. “Don’t try to understand,” I advised. “Just go with it.”

He sighed. “Right.”

I laughed. Thank goodness for Nate and his distractions.

~~~

The disclaimer for the song is 'Mannequin' by Britney Spears, Circus, 2008

When I say an edited version of the song, I mean that they have taken out bits and pieces and made it their own. In my mind, the choreographer made the intro the first part, before any dancing, and Piper's solo is actually the chorus.

#44 ☺Leah☺

☺Leah☺

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

hahahhaha..awesome..
my theory was about piper being strong is right!
woot woot!
lol..amazing update!
i loved every tidbits of it..
especially when audrey was glaring..
take that baffoon audrey!
wahahahhaha..update soon!

☺Leah☺

#45 *♥Suki♥*

*♥Suki♥*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

Ah I see.
Nice Work Piper.
And I have a brilliant idea for Piper.
JADE! - RUMORS!
That's all I m saying, she can figure out the rest.
*Evil Grin*

I loved the chapter.
All I needed was a bit of Piper's world and I m fine now.

And WHAT did you say about there MIGHT be a happy ending?
It's not for sure?
HOW CAN THAT BE??
*WAILS*
NO!!!

You can't do that. I won't be able to survive with the doubt of Audrey getting Brennan at the end!!

*Runs away Screaming*

Love,
*♥Suki♥*

P.S : By the way, take your time for updating. I have not forgotten next chapter is of Audrey. UGH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users