• Please log in to reply
552 replies to this topic

#91 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

oh my god!! hahaha. Aww, Kiri's mad at Ren for the first time! =D poor him.

Emilio...O_o. Woah, I bet he's falling in love with Kiri the more! I wonder why he doesnt give advances towards Kiri. He loves her after all :D

#92 steffykins xx3

steffykins xx3

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

Emilio is so sexy.
So is Ren.

Ah they are both amazing, I think I'll fall in love with both of them. :D

#93 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Emilio is so sexy.
So is Ren.

Ah they are both amazing, I think I'll fall in love with both of them. :D

lol! Why do you think they're amazing? xD

I'm falling in love with Emilio though because he's so niceee and friendly, and helpful...but Ren is also so very fun >_> I dont know who to choose.

#94 steffykins xx3

steffykins xx3

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

Emilio is amazing because he writes--psh writers are amazing especially when they write romance stories, so he obviously must be one romantic man. Romantic=sexy. He's also sweet :)

Ren is amazing because he's so caring and funny, he cares in a funny, cute way. He's always helping Kiri which is so nice. The man is brilliant, too. :)

#95 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

Nice descriptions! :D

But do you think Kiri's a brat though? Like a selfish pig who only relies on Ren or other people to help her? :(

#96 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

Hi Stef!! You're back! I haven't seen you post in a while :)

>__< I'm making up the story in my mind right now, and I absolutely dread where I'm leading this story to >__> Ack. It's breaking my heart!

Yes, I shall give this story a pinch of drama. It won't be long now :D

Actually, its still in the later parts so....-__- I guess you guys'd have to read some funny banter again before the drama comes sliding by. =D

Much♥,
Tanya

#97 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:24 AM

Look, Tanya! I found a pictures which could be used for your banner! It's adorable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#98 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

i love this update!!

kiri can keep ren

and i get emilio!

aji :D

#99 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

lol, aji. Can you just imagine Emilio's face when Kiri started to become so provocative? :D

#100 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:28 AM

lol, I can!! Emilio's still hawt though.

i love this update!!

kiri can keep ren

and i get emilio!

HAHAHAHA. EMILIO IS MINE!!!! *evil laughter* *fangirl shriek* *grabs Emilio by the collar and kisses him ferociously*

xD

Sorry Aji, but it seems I have devoured our lovely candyboy. MWAHAHA

#101 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:42 AM

well
i wouldn't mind sharing....

kiri is SO lucky

she has ren

she doesn't need emilio.

poor emilio..kiri is just making life hard for emilio

never mind i can do better.. :love7:

*smiles in an evil manner*
*slaps high fives to katfye and cute jesse*

#102 zoella

zoella

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

loved it, lol !! it was seriously funny!
can't wait for another lovely uppdate

#103 steffykins xx3

steffykins xx3

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

>__< I'm making up the story in my mind right now, and I absolutely dread where I'm leading this story to >__> Ack. It's breaking my heart!

Actually, its still in the later parts so....-__- I guess you guys'd have to read some funny banter again before the drama comes sliding by. =D

Much♥,
Tanya

Yes I am back :)

Aha Tanya you are a fabulous writer, I trust you with handling the drama.

Update soon!

-Stef

#104 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Tanya, that was amazingg.. Eeeh.

I felt soo sorry for Emilio when Kiri put her "suductive mode" in. :lol:
Poor poor Emilio. I think he's falling harder for Kiri.
He's so sweet...

-Amy

#105 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

Much♥,
Tanya

Ackk!! Drama!! Did you know that the longer the wait, the sweeter the taste? So basically, if Kiri's life has been so fun lately, and it takes a real deep heartbreaking plunge, it would be so much MORE dramatic!!!!

And I will definitely cry, and feel pain. A lot of pain. Very much pain. Darn that pain.

Grrr, Tanya, for making us wait for that dramatic pinch of yours. TT__TT. I'll probably be shrieking at my computer by that time you post that update.

#106 Dreamy_Girl

Dreamy_Girl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

He he. So funny!!

*thinks of Kiri modeling*

:lol:
Ha ha ha!
xx

#107 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

I WANT AN UPDATE
I WANT emilio too

#108 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

=x You guys are making me want to post another update! I can't help but give in. xD

Love you guys! *hearts*

Much♥,
Tanya

-=-=-=-

I really did think that it was Emilio’s gentleness that helped me lose my stiffness. The next day we had practice, I reverted back to my old awkward state.

“What happened to your practice with my brother?” Ren asked, his brows knitted together. “You did perfectly fine.”

“So you peeped, is what you’re saying,” I said. I still didn’t feel like talking to Ren. My anger always began to rise everytime I remembered Ren's arrogance.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked. Um, wasn’t it obvious?! “Well, I’m sorry if I’ve done anything wrong…” he trailed off, looking around the Studio Room timidly. We were having a rehearsal break.

I didn’t look at him.

“Oh, c’mon Kiri! I’m not used to apologizing, you know…so my apology might seem half-hearted, but I’m really sorry.”

I felt his intent gaze bore into the side of my head. I felt like laughing at his ‘apology’. The last time he apologized was when I had hit my forehead against the doorframe, but it was nothing compared to how he emotionally struck me. I shook my head to clear out my budding ire. I questioned myself to make the flame subside. Why was I getting so worked up? He had always said disdainful things like that, but it never really irked me before. Why now?

Maybe I was PMS-ing. Probably.

“You’re not going to forgive me?” he asked, disheartened. He looked unhappy. Why did he think I wasn’t going to forgive him? Then I realized that I had shaken my head but a moment ago.

I laughed, and he was startled out of his melancholy.

“Oh R, sadness really doesn’t suit you.” I smiled up at him, and stretched both his cheeks with my hands. “Augh,” was his reply. He winced, but didn’t stop me.

“I don’t know why I was so mad at you,” I told him. “I don’t usually get mad at your haughtiness.” I flattened my palm against his cheeks, then stretched it again. I did this over and over again. “I think I’m PMs-ing. Sorry I made you worried.”

He calmly held both my hands, forcing me stop stretching his cheeks. His smile startled me. It wasn’t often that he gave me that smile that made me nervous inside. I didn’t know how to describe it. All I knew was that I had to pull my hands away from his, and look away from his eyes in order for my heart to regain its regular pace.

It was a good thing that the practices began, and he released my hands.

We rehearsed our final act. He twirled me to the edge of the platform. The dummy dress whirled around my legs. I tried to remain as neutral as possible as he caught me, and made me lean backwards until tips of my hair touched the floor. I could feel his breath against my neck, and he pulled me back up gracefully to set me near the edge.

“Look like you’re seducing Ren, Kiri!” one of the blonde seniors said.

I did the seductive face on him, and I could see he was trying to repress a laugh. I felt agitated.

“Don’t look constipated, Kir!” I heard Jed say.

“You can do it Kiri!” Cherry and Mimi cheered me on.

I couldn’t do the seductive face, so I made myself look neutral again.

“Okay, now. Ren, hold Kiri closely. Tightly. Hold her like you love her!” Phil exclaimed with passion. I heard Lolly whisper to Cherry, “Like he doesn’t already.” I blushed beet red.

Ren embraced me, and tightened his hold around me that I was suddenly pushed against his chest, inhaling the faint scent of his cologne.

“Don’t coil like a frightened shrimp, Kiri!” Jed protested at my involuntary movement.

“Is this uncomfortable?” Ren whispered, trying to loosen his grip around me.

“Hold him, love!” Lolly shouted animatedly.

I mentally grumbled, then wrapped my arms around his broad back. I rested my head against his chest. I heard his heart race. I was surprised. I didn’t think I did anything to make his heart pound like that.

“Then, kiss her Ren!” Phil said excitedly.

I gave Phil a dirty glare. “That’s not part of the act, you!”

Phil laughed, slapping his hands against his thighs. “I was joking. Don’t take me so seriously.”

“I guess that’s the end of the fashion show,” I heard Cherry say.

“The final act is so sweet.”

“The girls are going to go crazy.”

“The boys are gonna holler!”

"I really can't wait to see them both on the catwalk."

"I am so going to take a picture of both of them!"

"The newspaper club is going to have a blast writing about this event. It's practically the highlight of the year!"

I sighed, closing my eyes. I inhaled the sweet scent of Ren’s cologne. It actually felt nice in his arms. It was warm, and it made me feel safe, as if he truly was my prince, and I was his princess. Or he was my knight in shining armor and he would slay dragons for me, his love! I think his cologne was getting into my head…It was unusual that I would think lovey-dovey thoughts like a girl in love. It grossed me out.

“Um, excuse me for interrupting but, you can stop hugging so intimately now,” Jed said, “But if you want to continue, be my guest.”

Ren and I sprang apart immediately. They laughed. It was the end of the last rehearsal. Next week was the impending school festival that I was beginning to dread.

“Oooooh Kiri,” Cherry whispered to me when I finally stood beside them. “I sense big big big chemistry between you and Renaldo.”

“Chemistry?!” I repeated, not quite believing what she said.

“Oh how I love that last bit of the fashion show,” Lolly said. “It totally shows Ren’s love for you!”

“Love for me?!” I said.

“Both of you really look good together. I bet Ren’s practically dying of excitement,” Mimi said.

“Dying of excitement?!” I repeated.

Lolly looked at me with displeasure. “Love, stop acting like a broken record.”

“Broken record?!” I repeated.

Cherry and Mimi laughed.

“Kiri.” Jed and Phil came up to us. They greeted Lolly, Mimi and Cherry with nods. Phil turned to me and said, “Kiri, are you going to do fine on the day itself?”

I saluted him. “Right!”

“I’m asking you a question,” Phil said.

“I will do fine!” I said, looking peeved.

“Its just that…” Jed trailed off. Then he shook his head. “Anyway, break a leg on the big day, Kiri! Remember that the fashion show will start at nine pm. You can go wherever you want in the day, but you should be at the backstage by five.”

“Roger that!” I said, saluting him too.

“It’s nice to see that you’ve still got spunk in you, even though it seemed like the rehearsals drained you,” Jed said. He smiled at me and giving me a noogie. I whinged.

“Aren’t we gonna have a dress rehearsal?” I asked.

“The dresses are a secret.” Phil winked at me. “Don’t worry, you’ll be given enough time to dress up during intervals.”

Ren had just finished his conversation with the two blonde seniors (who seemed to have fallen in love with him), and was walking towards our circle.

“You looked good Ren.” Phil wiggled his eyebrows at him, acting gay.

Ren wiggled his eyebrows back at him, and licked his lips in apparent desire. “Oh you hottie, you,” he said in a strange British accent.

The rest of us laughed heartily. My right hand slapped Ren on the back, and the other hand clutched at my stomach.

Ren smiled at me. “I love how you laugh so much at my jokes.” The others stopped laughing.

“Ditto!” I said, still laughing.

“O-kay, let’s leave the two lovers alone,” Lolly said, lifting her hands up in mock exasperation.

“H-ey, wait!” I called out, but they were already heading towards the door. Before I knew it, only Ren and I were left in the Studio Room. The two blonde seniors had gone out the door in a flash. I hadn’t even time to register it.

I looked up at Ren. Somehow, the mood was getting intense, and I didn’t like it. But I didn't know what else to do, except stand there and wait for Ren. He was my ticket to home.

“You’re still going to practice with my brother?” Ren asked, looking at me askance. He was tying his hair into a ponytail. I suppressed laughter. He wasn’t going to ask for my assistance this time.

“Maybe,” I said. “I actually got it when I was with Emilio. I don’t know why I couldn’t get it in the rehearsals.”

“You just need to relax,” Ren said calmly. He gently picked up my right hand. “Relax,” he repeated, his voice softening.

My hand was stiff in his. I wasn’t used to holding hands with him anymore, and it made me rigid.

“If you can’t be relaxed while I’m holding your hand, then you can’t relax when I’m holding you in an embrace,” he said. He took a step towards me that we were only inches apart, and said, “Why are you so tense? Are you afraid of me?”

“No I’m not,” I said, pouting. “Why would I be?”

“Exactly.” He held both of my hands in his, and stepped closer to me. I stared at his collarbone that peeped through the open buttons of his polo. “Try to relax.” He let go of my hands, and slipped his arms around my waist. He embraced me tightly that I gasped in alarm. I tried to add distance between his chest and mine (it was awkward if I didn’t). He stared into my eyes. “Don’t be so stiff, Kir. You can’t be stiff in the real thing.”

I nodded my head slowly. My palms lay flat against his torso, and again I inhaled the sweet faint scent of his cologne.

“You’re tense,” he observed.

I’ve never felt so conscious before in my life! How could I ease up when he was so close…and so…so…

I felt his torso beneath my palms. I was surprised to find out that it was firm. I had never seen him exercise before. I was actually expecting his stomach to be all flabs. But instead it was--I gulped. Was this what you called attraction to the opposite sex?! Damn it, why haven't I felt like this before, and why now? And why was it with Ren!? It was beyond me, and I tried to push the unexpected awareness away. It was, perhaps, just a fleeting sensation.

“Kiri, you’re becoming even more rigid,” he said. “Maybe this isn’t helping…” he pulled his arms away from my waist.

“No!” I said suddenly, putting his hands back where it belonged. I was shocked at my actions. What the hell did I do that for?!

An amused grin spread across Ren’s face. “Oh I see, you yearn for me.” He batted his eyelashes meaningfully at me. His expression almost cracked me up.

“Shut up,” I said, pushing his hands away from my waist. He laughed.

“Well, I guess my lesson for you didn’t work,” he said miserably. “Guess you have to be taught by my brother then…”

I batted my eyelashes at him. I felt like teasing him. “Oh I see, you’re jealous.”

He was startled. He opened his mouth, then closed it. It took him a long time to make a comeback, and it made me disconcerted.

I hastily patted him on the shoulder. “I was kidding. Joking. Teasing.”

He looked relieved. But he said, “I’m not jealous. Why would I be jealous? There’s no reason to be jealous.” He said 'jealous' three times. I looked at him curiously.

“Yes, yes, yes.” I nodded my head distractedly, and wrapped my arm around his elbow. I tugged him out of the Studio Room.

#109 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

#110 steffykins xx3

steffykins xx3

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

WHY CAN'T I BE KIRI?

Good update though!

-Stef

#111 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

aww hes jealous...

anyone notice how guys are a million times cuter when there jealous??

That was brilliant (then again, what do you expect. Its a brilliant story!!
)
Lurvvvvvvve ya,
Froggy xx :krakrani:

#112 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:48 AM

WHY CAN'T I BE KIRI?

I was thinking the exact same thing! :P

aww hes jealous...

anyone notice how guys are a million times cuter when there jealous??

LOL, I second that! It's like, 'he he. Even guys can be jealous!' lol.

He gently picked up my right hand. “Relax,” he repeated, his voice softening.

My hand was stiff in his. I wasn’t used to holding hands with him anymore, and it made me rigid.

“If you can’t be relaxed while I’m holding your hand, then you can’t relax when I’m holding you in an embrace,” he said. He took a step towards me that we were only inches apart, and said, “Why are you so tense? Are you afraid of me?”

“No I’m not,” I said, pouting. “Why would I be?”

“Exactly.” He held both of my hands in his, and stepped closer to me. I stared at his collarbone that peeped through the open buttons of his polo. “Try to relax.” He let go of my hands, and slipped his arms around my waist.

^at that part, I was practically at the edge of my seat, my eyes scanning the words swiftly! I felt those tingles of excitement run up and down my arms. haha

#113 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

aww!

awesome update

i think there is some sort of.....sexual tension between K and R

THOUGHT not that intense

update soon!!

#114 zoella

zoella

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

Great Upie!

He was sooo jealous!

#115 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

*mouth slack*
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. I nearly bit off all my nails.
I loved every part of it. Sezzual tension starting to brew. Ah, sweet.
Ren was stumped when she mentioned jealousy. Hah. xD
Aww...it was so sweet. ;]

Update soon Tanya.

-Amy

#116 Esdroper

Esdroper

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

~New Reader~

Ok so I started reading and NOW I CAN'T STOP. I love it. Especially the last update!

Ren sounds really hot. (except the pony tail, i like guys with short hair other then that he sounds perfect!)

Dying for more

Natalie

#117 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

~New Reader~

Ok so I started reading and NOW I CAN'T STOP. I love it. Especially the last update!

Ren sounds really hot. (except the pony tail, i like guys with short hair other then that he sounds perfect!)

Dying for more

Natalie

:D :D :D What's your favorite scene from the whole story so far??? xD xD

Who's your fave character, too? xD

#118 *~^Elena^~*

*~^Elena^~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

GOODNESS GRACIOUS I MISSED A LOT OF UPDATES!!! (blame my school)
Awww what cute children hugging and ren getting jealous!!
i laughed so much on the catwalk part... haha... i wonder how weird she looks with that seductive look ^^

wow their friends are so Funny.... aww how i missed reading your updates

KEEp it up tanya!!!
:heartbeat: pam

#119 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

is someone listening?

TANYA, to be precise

i need an update!

like, right away!

please!

ok manners, pleasee?

#120 Dreamy_Girl

Dreamy_Girl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

He looked relieved. But he said, “I’m not jealous. Why would I be jealous? There’s no reason to be jealous.” He said 'jealous' three times. I looked at him curiously.

“Yes, yes, yes.” I nodded my head distractedly, and wrapped my arm around his elbow. I tugged him out of the Studio Room.

JEALOUS!!!!! YES!

:D :D ha ha.

xx

#121 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

*glomps all readers* yippee!

I'm going to be posting an update later after I have my voice lessons >_> gah. Yeah, I know. Voice Lessons.

Anyway the update's gonna be long ^__^ though I want to place more fluff...xp

PAM!! You're back! How're your exams, hun?

Much♥,
Tanya

#122 *~^Elena^~*

*~^Elena^~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hey tanya!
u have voice lessons??? CoOlios! when will i ever hear your voice again?!?!? I miss you a lot... u should come visit!

My exams are still ongoing... actually this week was only review even though i had a little test from my ASL class but yeah i have more next week... huhu... :icon_mecry2:

Whee can't wait for your updates!!!! Its the only highlight of my days..

PAMM

#123 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

Pam! I'm so glad you're still on. I miss you too! Do you remember when we were in some fair in Cali, and we rode that thing where we get turned over? And you kept on screaming, and I told you to think of Flavio, my character from My Prince Charming? HAHA. Did it work though? lol. You kept repeating, "Think of Flavio, Think of Flavio," over and over again, it was so hilarious xD

OOhhkk I just came from Voice Lessons, and we sang In My Own Little Corner [Cinderella the Musical] and Something Wonderful [King and I]. I hope to achieve a Lea Salonga voice in the future :P Anddd I used up my P1000 to buy dvds. And the remaining money I used to buy myself and my housekeeper's Jollibee, lol. I keep on eating Pam! O_O. I don't know what's wrong with me, lol. I just seem to NOT care if I gain a hundred pounds or so. It's kind of...weird -___-. But I am gaining a few pounds. But school's making me shed them again.

Ohh PAMMY! Tomorrow is Sinulog! You remmeber what that is, right? And since we're going to have Sinulog tomorrow, we won't have classes on Monday. YIPPEE. *dances* Now I can go and have a movie marathon. I wish you're here to join me =(

Anwayyy, I shall continue to type up the update while sipping on my coke! =D

Much♥,
Tanya

#124 *~^Elena^~*

*~^Elena^~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

Haha!! Tanya im here...
Yeah oh goodness gracious... that is one scary fair!!! They had it last year too and my friends wanted me to go with them but i was like no thanks.. i went three years ago and i am scared out of my mind... Aww i miss flavio!!! Do you still have the story? Hehe
WOw! Youre going to be a future singer??? NIce!!! If you have a concert i shall totally have to see it! What? YOU TOO? I've been eating non-stop too! Everytime we have passing period at school, i have to have a cookie or something with me...
Hmm... i wonder what kind of sickness were dealing with.. I want some Jolibee! CHILD you have to come quick and share!

Oh yeah SInulog is tomorrow there! Haha so what you going to do?
Coolio.. I shall wait here for your update

PAM :heartbeat:

PS. hey you know what? I forgot to tell you.... You inspired me to learn playing the piano... Because i remembered you were playing so well so now I'm learning... hehe

#125 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

Yeah, I still do have the story :P Can you believe it? I had like, maybe 3 threads made for My Prince Charming, but my story's length was just around 75 pages! Too much chatting, that's why, lol [I'm sounding like a hypocrite here :P]

And haha, I'm not so sure about me being a future singer xD I'll probably only be on Broadway, because that's where my voice fits the best, though its quite versatile. The voices they have on Broadway are clean and beautiful, and I want to achieve that sort of voice :D I'm still a looooooong way from that.

I always bring tons of snacks to school. Like my cook makes this really yummy sandwhich for me, and I bring nori, Chips Ahoy!, my lunch, and a few snacks I find around the kitchen while I eat my breakfast in the morning. :P My classmates always come to me for food, so I guess I'm not the only glutton there haha.

For Sinulog, I don't think I'm going out or anything...it's too crowded and hot. I'll probably just watch it on tv...or spend my time on mcbc [like today], haha. I think I'm going to do the latter, :P. I inspired you to play the piano? Awwww :blush: You're such a sweetie, child. :P.

I just noticed that there is only ONE update on this page! O_O. And we're almost nearing the 4th page [it takes 135 posts, and this is like the 125th or something].

I'll just hurry up on the update nowww, and post it in about an hour >__<

Much♥,
Tanya

#126 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

i am waiting.
may i tell u that i have to use my onscreen keyboard which is SO annoying
well

uppy soon

#127 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

Chapter Five

Everyone was invited to the school festival, even those who weren’t part of the school. You just had to pay the entrance fee of five bucks. Ren and I took the liberty of trying out all the contests in the festival. There was a pie-eating contest which both Ren and I loved. We gorged it out, but it was I who won the grand prize.

We looked at the booth that resembled Fear Factor. They had earthworms squirming in a bottle, urine, insects, rats and other disgusting stuff. I wanted to gag at the thought of eating rats and drinking urine! I actually almost did, and so Ren took me away from the booth, and into some game where you had to catch fish. We caught everything, but didn’t know what to do with the fishes, so we gave them away to the little children that attended the festival.

There was a karaoke booth, and I almost didn’t leave it until Ren threatened me by saying ‘I’m not going to give you the black puppy’. I had to give my consent. Grudgingly.

We bought popcorn, ice cream, sandwiches, hotdogs, and other such delights. Mimi, Lolly and Cherry didn’t come with us for reasons I did not know. They had on a playful grin, though, and I almost thought that they wanted me to spend more time with Ren. Jed and Phil were busy staying in their student council booth. They gave prizes to those who could kick the soccer ball through hoolah hoops from a five-meter range. There were three hoolah hoops, and if you could kick the ball through those three one at a time (you paid a buck for one life which had five tries), you'd win a cash prize.

Ren tried it out, and couldn’t get it at first. But as he kept on going, his skills improved, and he got better. And after a few tries, he got the ball through the hoops in one life.

Jed and Phil slapped him on the back. “We knew you could do it,” Jed said.

Phil looked at me and said through the corners of his mouth, “I knew I should have told you to keep him away from our booth until the end of the day!”

“Shhh, just don’t tell the people the cash prize is gone,” Jed whispered against Phil’s ear. His whisper was no more than a shout, and we heard him clearly. Ren and I laughed.

Ren waved the envelope that contained the three hundred bucks. “Thanks for this, student council.”

Jed and Phil clung to each other like cartoon characters, whimpering at the loss of the grand prize. Phil waved a white handkerchief at both of us as we left, illustrating their surrender. I wanted to laugh at their animated display of sorrow.

Ren bought a bag of kiamoi (those really sour, sweet prunes), and challenged me. The challenge was: the first person who could stuff five of them in their mouth, and finish them until only the seed is left, shall win. The winner would have the right to order the loser around for one day. It was a bargain.

Ren and I sat on a bench near the fountain, and popped the kiamoi into our mouths. We stared at each other, our eyes twitching with the sourness of the prunes. My mouth watered. I slid my tongue over the red prune, and felt the intense flavor wash over my taste buds. I winced. Ren winced. Both of us looked at each other through squinted eyes.

It was time to get another. Both of us inserted the kiamoi into our mouths at the same time. My eyes narrowed until I could see only a glimpse of ren from behind my eyelids. It was so sour! I didn’t think I could stuff five of them in my mouth. Trying not to let the sourness of it get to me, I chewed on the meat of the prunes, and spat the remaining seeds into a tissue. I grabbed another prune.

Ren looked alarmed. I saw his jaws move rapidly, and he spat a seed into his handkerchief. He grabbed two more prunes. I grabbed another one. I wasn’t going to let him beat me!

I suddenly got a really big piece of kiamoi and ate it. My face twisted. Ren pointed at my face, laughing. He almost choked. I chewed on, my face still distorted by its sourness. I had already four seeds in my tissue, and I needed to finish the last kiamoi that was in my mouth.

Ren spat into his handkerchief, and showed me its contents. He had already finished five! I stared at it, my eyes growing wide. Irritated, I spat my remaining kiamoi into my tissue. I hadn’t even finished eating its meat.

“Who won?” Ren asked smugly.

I didn’t answer. Ren kept on insisting that I would, and I finally said it after much derision. “Ren won.”

“And Ren is?” Ren said, persuading me to fill in a complimenting adjective.

“A hobo,” was my filler.

“No,” Ren said, shaking his head. “Ren is your master as of tomorrow!” he smiled wickedly.

I glared at him, muttering under my breath. Why did he win?! I was supposed to be his master, not to the other way around. I suddenly detested that haughty smile that started to spread across his face.

-♥-♥-♥-

“Ren, I don’t know what to say. I’ve had a major crush on you since the first time we linked eyes. Pardon me Kiri, for my bluntness and apparent ardour, but I have to ask this directly.” Phil grabbed Ren by the shoulders and looked him in the eyes. “Will you be my boyfriend?”

Ren looked nervous, and he looked at everywhere except for Phil’s eyes. “I-I…” he stammered. “I c-can’t…I’m sorry…”

There was a moment of silence, then Phil’s head swiftly turned to our direction, his eyes piercing behind his glasses. “This is the part where you guys laugh!”

The other people in the backstage didn’t seem to get it at first. They were too caught up in the act that they had little time to digest that it was merely a ‘joke’.

But I caught it before Phil’s head turned our way. I was laughing uncontrollably, and I heard my laughter flood the backstage.

“Kiri! Stay still! I can’t do your make-up right if you keep on snig.gering like that,” Lolly chided me.

“Yes Kiri, I can’t do your hair,” Mimi said through the lollipop she had in her mouth. She was gently straightening my hair with her iron. I sat on the chair quietly, doing what they instructed of me.

I was in my first costume, which was Asian. My country was China, and I wore a Cheongsam. It was a dragon and phoenix dress in a halfback style, and a mandarin collar. It was sleeveless, and there were slits on either side of the dress that reached until the middle of my thigh. I felt exposed.

I looked over at Ren, who was getting his hair fixed by Cherry. He was wearing a sleeveless black and red shirt with a mandarin collar. I haven’t noticed before, but his muscles were actually well toned. Again, I wondered how he could get muscles like that when I’ve never seen him exercise.

“Are you ready, Kir?” Jed came up to me and asked. He had a big smile on his face. “I’m so excited about the fireworks. This part of the festival is going to become a hit! It’s surely going to go on the front page of our school newspaper.”

“You think so?” Phil said, sidling beside him. “Guess what. It’s still thirty minutes before the show, but there are already tons of guys and girls waiting outside!” he whistled low. “There were more guys though. They seem to have made a really big sign that said ‘I love Kiri! Please marry me!’”

I made a face that was laden with disgust.

“Aw, don’t make that face Kir,” Jed said.

“Yeah, don’t make that face,” Ren said, suddenly entering our conversation like he had been in it all the time. “It makes you look older.”

I smiled at him sweetly. “Darling! You look more like me everyday!”

They all laughed, and I felt content.

The two blondes that had been sitting beside the door were now busy talking into their lapels, telling the person on the other line to prepare for the opening of the show.

I was suddenly overcome with nervousness, but I tried to calm myself by thinking of John, Ren’s father. In my mind, he was laughing like Santa Claus, and was about to give me that huge bear hug that I loved to receive. There. I was calm.

I felt the last brush of blush across my cheek, and felt the last ironed hair fall against my back. My hair wasn’t up, but instead, it was stick straight and shiny ebony against my back.

“All ready,” Lolly said. She and Mimi stood in front of me to inspect their creation. They both nodded to each other appreciatively.

Cherry was also done doing Ren’s hair and make-up, and I looked him over. His face was as white as snow, his eyebrows were darker, his cheeks were pinker, and his lips were redder. His hair was tied in a low ponytail, and it rested against his neck. He looked gay.

I snorted with laughter, and almost fell off my chair. “Y-You look so—“ I started to laugh again.

Ren looked offended. “This is a must on stage, you know. You have to have heavy make-up in order for you not to look so pale in the spotlight.” He jutted out his lower lip like a little kid. In a whiny, kiddie voice, he said, “M-Mama, Kiri’s making fun of me.”

Phil, looking like an overprotective mother, suddenly ran to Ren and embraced his head. “Don’t make fun of my son!”

Ren looked like he was going to choke. His deep voice was back. “P-Phil, you’re going to kill me.”

“Oh, sorry,” Phil said, and released Ren’s head.

We laughed at that. How I loved Phil’s antics.

Jed scrutinized my hair and make-up, and like Mimi and Lolly, nodded his head approvingly. “Dazzling,” he said, “more dazzling than usual.” I had always felt uncomfortable being complemented on my beauty, and this was no exception.

“Okay guys,” one of the blonde seniors came up to us, holding a clipboard. Why hadn’t I bothered to know their names? “Ren, Kiri,” she looked at both of us correspondingly. “Get ready on the sides.”

“Okay!” I said eagerly. I was game.

“Good luck love!” Lolly hugged me. Mimi and Cherry gave me hugs too. Jed patted me on the shoulder, and Phil gave me a thumbs up and a goofy grin.

Ren and I were both near the side of the stage, waiting patiently for the curtain to open. I could hear hundreds of people chatting just outside, and I felt my heart pound inside my chest. I was so not used to being in front of such a crowd! And in revealing dresses at that.

“Remember Kir,” Ren said in his soothing voice, “relax.”

Now that just made me remember that time when he held me so close in his arms. I felt my face and neck burning up.

“Y-yeah,” was my weak reply.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I’m sure you all know Renaldo Lumnare and Kiri Elric of class A!” The voice belonged to Jed, who was currently the announcer for this event.

The crowd cheered and hooted.

“Kiri! Kiri! Kiri!” The guys chanted in their deep voices.

“Ren! Ren! Ren!” Came the chant of the girls with their high, squeaky voices.

I knew it. Jed and Phil were selling us off to the crowd for the benefit of the Student Council!

And the curtains opened, and I felt my heart stop right then and there. I was unable to move.

“Kiri, go! You’re first to strut your stuff, remember?” Ren nudged me from behind.

I walked to the ramp mechanically. I felt the sides of my mouth twitch into a frown. Everything was dark. The sky was dark, and the people surrounding the ramp were covered in shadow. But I could see that many people attended this event, possibly the whole school, and it made me even more rigid.

Two spotlights were on me, and I felt like a walking exhibit, which I probably was. Then suddenly, I saw three people who were just in front of the edge of the ramp. The spotlight had reached them, and I caught the glimmer of their smiles. It was John, Leonora and Emilio. They were dressed up commonly, to blend in with the crowd. Emilio wore a cap on his head, Leonora wore a loose t-shirt and jeans, and John wore a Disney shirt and shorts. He looked so adorable. I probably thought of that too many times.

I straightened my back, and began to stride gracefully. I felt my tension disappear all of a sudden, and the confidence I had when I was practicing in front of Emilio was back. It made me so happy.

My confidence built up like that, and Ren and the others noticed it. They congratulated me.

I had to dress up quickly, and it was a good thing that Cherry, Lolly and Mimi were there to help me. Six hands were better than two, after all.

The dresses that the Student Council made were amazing, and they accentuated the color of my skin, and curves—something I had little of. Ren also looked pretty good himself, and the make-up began to wear off after some minutes.

It wasn’t long before the finale came, and with my gained confidence, I was up and ready for anything. The article of clothing I had to wear was similar to the rest which exposed parts I have never exposed before. I was going to give Jed a piece of my mind after the show. I was wearing a bare midriff that was made with a light, coarse material that had really long sleeves that flared when it reached my lower arm. Together with it, I wore a short, elegant skirt that seemed to glitter even in the dark. My hair was made up, and it hung from the top of my head, and it curled around my face and nape. I felt like a fairy, and that was perhaps what the Student Council was aiming for.

Ren on the other hand, looked like a prince from the middle ages, with his loose tunic, and belt around his waist. A fake sword was attached to the belt, and it bounced against his thigh when he walked.

What was this, were we role-playing the part of ‘prince who fell in love with a fairy’?

The crowd ooohed when we entered the ramp together. My seductive face kicked in, and it was in full velocity. I pouted my lips that were moist with lipgloss, and looked at Ren from beneath lowered eyelids. But before I could see if it had any affect, he turned me around, my skirt swirling around my thighs. And then he lowered me to the ground until the ends of my hair touched the ramp. He brushed his lips against my neck, and I felt my skin burn and tingle. I made an angry, but barely audible noise that I hoped only Ren could hear.

I could see the sides of his mouth twitch in a suppressed smile. I teased him by looking at him even more provocatively, and batting my eyelashes at him seductively. I felt his hold on me slacken, and then strengthen after he pulled me back up. He twirled me to the edge of the stage where we were so close to the viewers, and especially to his family whom I felt had their eyes glued on both of us.

Ren held me close, and I heard the audience gasp—or at least, stifle a gasp. I tiptoed, and wrapped my arms around his neck, purring softly, and brushing my lips against his jaw. I felt him stiffen. For the most part, what I had done was not part of the act. It was an impulsive act that I knew would garner me questions from my friends. Or perhaps knowing smiles (they were doing this too often).

And after I traced my lips against his jaw, the spotlights immediately turned off, enveloping all of us in darkness.

SHHhhwooooo

A streak of bright light crossed the sky, and exploded in beautiful colors. Many more explosions covered the sky, and I could barely hear my own voice. Even though Ren was so close to me, I couldn't hear what he was trying to say to me. I had to tiptoe and press my ear close to his mouth.

“Kiri, I—I lo—“ he started. It sounded like, “Kiri eye la,” and that’s what registered in my brain.

“What?” I turned my head so quickly that my lips almost touched his. I felt my toes curl eagerly. I wanted to smack myself. What was I so eager about?! But Ren didn’t seem to notice.

Ren hugged me closer to him, lifting my body up until I merely clung to his neck. It wasn’t at all uncomfortable, so I didn’t bother to tell him to let me down.

Ren sighed. “We’re bestfriends right Kiri?” he sounded hopeful, and I wondered why. I’ve always thought of him as my bestfriend, though I was afraid he didn’t reciprocate that thought. Well, at least now I knew we were officially bestfriends. That sort of made me happy. The fireworks were starting to decrease now, so I could still hear what both of us were saying.

“Yeah, we are,” I responded lightly, giving him a smile. I saw the light of the fireworks reflect in his eyes, and I felt like staring at them for awhile. They were really pretty.

“Bestfriends, huh?” he said. He lowered me down to the ground, and kissed my forehead.

“You’re not a father,” I said while wiping the spot he kissed me with the back of my hand.

“But you’re as cute as a daughter,” he said, smiling. His face was lit with shades of green and red from the current fireworks. His smile softened. “You look beautiful.”

I felt my face starting to heat up, and my heart pound. I managed a stupid reply, “You too.”

“I do?” he raised one eyebrow. “I knew I was a beautiful man.”

The last firework lit the sky with different colors. It was the brightest, loudest, and biggest one of them all, and it was the most beautiful.

“Thank you for watching, everyone!” announced Jed over the microphone.

The lampposts around the vicinity were starting to turn on one by one. And like a final add to the fashion show, Ren seized my hand, and knelt before me—like a knight and his princess. This was going too far, and I felt hundreds of eyes watching us raptly. It was like they were holding their breath. No one spoke. I felt myself blush from the tips of my toes to my hairline.

Ren kissed the top of my hand, and swept me in his arms as if I weighed only ten pounds.

The crowd cheered loudly, and I wanted to press my hands over my ears. This was so embarrassing. Ren bowed at the audience with me along with it, and turned around and headed for the backstage.

“Ren! Put me down!” I struggled to set myself free from his hold.

“Princess,” he said sweetly, “you’re going to be my servant tomorrow, so I should treat you with utmost care today--er, tonight. At least.” He added, after my silent shock, “Now I don’t want my servant to be all groggy tomorrow, so I shall send you home early tonight, even if my mother and father urges me to let you stay at our house for dinner.”

I pounded my fists against his chest. He merely laughed.

#128 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

OMGGGGGGGGGGG EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! I LOVE THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Again, I have to say: Ren and Kiri are so cute together.

REN ALMOST CONFESSED!!!!!!!!!!! If Kiri hadn't seemed to heard it wrong, she would have realized that he loved her!!!!! aghhh.

#129 zoella

zoella

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

Awwwwww.... That was sooo cute !!!

:heartbeat: REN AND KIRI FOREVER :heartbeat:

i wonder what's gonna happen next.....

Tanya you rock!

-Zoe :020:

#130 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

gawd!!!

i was so expecting them to kiss!

they should have

wonderfull update!

PLEASE GIFT US AN UPDATE SOON!

PLEASE!

#131 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

^Ayaa eeeh.
So was I! Ooof. Ren almost confessed.
Haha... that was funny, awesome, as always.
Update soon Tanya.

-Amy

#132 Esdroper

Esdroper

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

ahh I loved it! He almost said it he was so so so close he should have said it again! I thought she was going to be the one to kiss him there but i guess not. :(

Sounds like they won at just about everything at the festival. I wish I was that good.

Loved the update!

Natalie

#133 *~^Elena^~*

*~^Elena^~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

Aww!!! That was so cute!
haha their "date" consists of the both of them hoggin out all the prizes!
The fashion show sounds so crazy... Haha i wish our student council would plan out something like that!

:love7: i smell something in the air....

wow i was supposed to post this comment like an hour ago but my dad was using my laptop... anyways.. yeah you did and now enza and ina were like we want to learn too! so i was teaching them this song... but im not that good at playing... huhu... and yeah if you are going to sing on broadway you have GOT to TELL me! hehe
Haha Hungry Tanya...

pam

#134 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Haha I thought they were going to kiss tooooooo!! LOL.

I LOVED THE UPDATE!

ACKK. I wonder what would happen if Kiri heard his confessioN!!!!!!

#135 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

Sounds like they won at just about everything at the festival. I wish I was that good.

LOL! Yeahhh I know!! hahaha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users