:D

*Ana

#47 *LaLa giRrrL*

*LaLa giRrrL*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

oh my god Ren uses that puppy for everything!
i want to see this in the future:
ren: KISS ME!
kiri: NO!
Ren: i wont give you that puppy...
kiri: oh fine...
*realizes their in love & meant to be*

^_^

#48 *LaLa giRrrL*

*LaLa giRrrL*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

page 2!

#49 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

^_^

LOL! Thats hilarious!! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

And whooot! PAGE 2!! Yeahhhhh baby!

#50 Dreamy_Girl

Dreamy_Girl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:14 AM

^_^

Ha ha!

Dreamy xx

#51 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

SO CUTE! I asked for a puppy for christmas but no luck :( I wonder how mad my parents would be if i just came home with one! :D
Awwww Ren is getting her a puppy! It's like their child! hahaha

Lol xD I actually have a black retriever puppy, and its so adorabbble. haha. My housekeeper named him Jacob >_< But I had to give Jacob away to my grandmother cause she wanted to have a 'guard dog' in their house. He's such a naughty pup!

Hi Tanya, new reader!!
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I just clicked on your profile and read abit of your story, and with a few sentences you had me hooked.
EEEEEEEEH. I love your writing, you have a gift girl! x]

Okay, Kiri is so lucky to nearly have everything. And Ren is totally cool as well.

That bit was so cool.
Happy new year, and good luck writing!

-Amy

Awww thank you Amy!! i wuvvv you *huggles* In my profile it says I'm 12 years old, right? Did you believe that? :P

^_^

LOL. That made me laugh :D

An update will come soon! ^_^ After I take a bath, lol.

*glomps all readers*

Much♥,
Tanya

#52 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

So...I'll be here waiting patiently for an update, yo.

^____^

Just sitting here...in front of my computer...waiting...

SO YOU BETTER POST IT SOON!

...after you take a bath.

Smelly Tanya!!! HAHAHAHAH :P

#53 *~^Elena^~*

*~^Elena^~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:29 AM

new update was funny!
i think i like phil and jed... they sound so... sneaky...
hehe

:D
PAM

#54 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

Chapter Three

After detention, I decided that Ren and I should go and stalk Kim. She was probably still in her classroom, after volleyball practice. I wanted to know how she interacted with her friends, and if the fight last night affected her in anyway.

The freshmen’s batch was divided into two sections: Palm and Kusaq. Kim was in the Kusaq section. Like murder investigators, Ren and I walked slowly towards their classroom, being inconspicuous (or at least, we hoped so).

We peeped through the glass on the door, and I saw Kim laughing with her friends. I had never seen her laugh like that in a long time, and it relieved me. I was glad that there were only a few students left at this hour. They wouldn’t get to see me sidle into the freshmen’s area.

“What are you doing here, Kiri?” a freshman saw me as he passed by. I didn’t know who he was. He was short and stout. He probably was Kim’s classmate. I pulled him aside for interrogation.

“Have pity on the poor boy,” Ren said, kneading his temples.

“Now, I want you to tell me all about my sister,” I said to the freshman, “You’re her classmate right?”

The freshman nodded his head. “You’re even more pretty up close.”

I wanted to gag. What he said was totally off-topic. “Uh, yeah, thanks. Is she acting well today?”

“She’s always okay. I don’t think anything’s ever bothered her. Why are you asking?”

“Nothing,” I said. “Is she getting along fine with everyone else? No fights? No squabbles? No anything?”

“She’s always been nice. She never had any fights with anyone. She has tons of friends.”

I let him go. He looked like he was telling the truth. But before I could leave, he grabbed my wrist. He suddenly asked with a serious expression, “I don’t get a reward from you for telling you about your sister?”

I looked at him, aghast. I wanted to bite off the hand that kept me from moving away. He was getting creepy, and I felt the hairs on my arms stand up.

Ren gripped the freshman's wrist tightly, and the freshman looked like he was in pain. He let go of my hand.

“I-I just want something in return from my Kiri,” he gasped through the pain. My kiri!? What the hell was this creep trying to imply? But I felt sorry for him. His round cheeks were red with pain. His request might have been merely wholesome. I told Ren to stop clutching the boy’s wrist.

“Okay, what’s in your mind?” I asked, tapping my foot. Now that I knew my sister’s behavior didn’t seem affected in any way, I was content. I wanted to leave the freshmen’s area right away.

“Kiss me!” was his reply.

Ren looked at him open-mouthed. “I’ve never even requested that!”

“Shut up!” I told Ren. The poor boy looked so dejected that I kissed him. On the cheek. But it looked like it was enough for him. He touched the place where I kissed him, and looked deliriously happy. That unnerved me. He muttered under his breath, “I’ll never wash my face again.”

“Please don’t,” I said. I hope he’d wash his face though, for the benefit of humanity.

Ren chuckled, as if reading my mind. We quickly walked away from the freshmen’s area. I rubbed my arms. The goosebumps were still there.

-♥-♥-♥-

Emilio was in the living room, on the sofa, typing away on his laptop. He turned when he heard us come in. He greeted both of us with a smile. “I feel like karaoke-ing. Do you wanna?”

I looked at him sadly. “I’m tone-deaf.”

Ren looked at me with an eyebrow raised. “I don’t recall that ever stopping you before.”

Emilio pushed away his laptop. “No worries. Let’s go!”

We walked to their entertainment pavilion (Palapa) where they had everything ‘entertainment’ contained. There was a huge bottom lit dance floor inside the Palapa surrounded by six large stereo speakers, and sixty-one inch plasma TV’s on opposite walls. There was a mini-stage with two microphones on their stands. Emilio and Ren quickly rushed to the stage, claiming ownership. I walked wearily towards a red vibrant sofa that was calling out my name.

“Don’t be such a spoilsport, Kiri!” Emilio said over the microphone. His voice echoed around the room. I was forced to cover my ears.

“You guys have already claimed both available microphones!” I said.

“What? You think we’re not ready during emergencies like this?” Emilio said. He nodded to Ren, who took out a big black case. He opened it for me to see. There were dozens of microphones inside.

I groaned, and sunk further in the sofa.

“Kiri! Sing with us!” Emilio insisted. Ren was arranging another microphone on a stand beside theirs.

“Nooooooooooooo.” I buried myself in the sofa, covering my face with pillows. I felt someone pull me from my comfort. “Nooo!” I held on to the sofa like a cat.

Emilio had me by the arms, and he was dragging me across the rug towards the stage. I looked up at the colourful lights on the ceiling. Emilio was going to let go of my arms, and I had to balance myself before I hit my head on the corner of the stage.

Ren turned on the TV, and began to choose a song. Both brothers sang ‘betcha by golly wow’. And they were swaying, and snapping fingers. The expressions on their faces were hilarious! I couldn’t help laughing my heart out. Ren’s face was the most hilarious. His face was filled with so much feeling, that his nostrils were flaring. I suddenly felt like singing too, even though I was ashamed by my tone-deafness. But then, when was I ever ashamed in front of other people?

When they were finished, I jumped on the stage, and grabbed the extra mike. I chose the song ‘you’re so vain’. It was a fun song to sing to, and I felt my veins throbbing with anticipation and readiness. I was so excited!

And then I started to sing. Emilio, as respectful as he was, couldn’t help wince at my voice. I suddenly laughed at his expression. I didn’t care if my voice was tone-deaf! I rocked like that.

I was so into the song, making hand gestures and movements. I was betting my voice could be overheard all the way from China. Ren kept on laughing at my silly faces, and when I couldn’t get the note right (which was more often than not). I was exhausted when I finished, and both of them clapped, laughing.

“Thank you, thank you.” I swept them a bow. “Do I hear an encore?” I didn’t stop to hear a reply. “Encore!” and I sang again. I took the stage as if it were mine, and sang till my throat hurt. In the end, I had to stop ‘cause all I was emitting was a croak.

“We thought you’d never stop,” Emilio said, looking relieved.

“Where’s Leonora?” I croaked. I wanted her to sing with me, despite my hoarseness. She had a really beautiful voice that I admired.

“She’s getting a body scrub in Vegas. She’s meeting father there,” Emilio replied.

“So both of them are going to come back soon?” I asked, hopeful. I loved it when Leonora and John were in the same room together. Their chemistry was so interesting, and both of them made me laugh. John was a hearty man who was stout. He was German, and reminded me of Santa Claus because of the many flecks of grey in his hair, and beard. He had kind green eyes that made me always feel welcome in his presence. He too, treated me like a daughter. He didn’t look like a CEO of billion-dollar company, but like a man who forgot to wear his Santa Claus costume. He was so adorable!

“Probably in a week or two. But their minds could change, and they could stay as long as a month. We’ll never know.” Emilio smiled at me. Emilio was a really nice person, and I liked him a lot. He was fun to be with, and usually had a kind countenance; unlike Ren who teased and made fun of me every chance he could find. But that’s what I liked about Ren, too. There was never a dull moment around him. He was sorta like my energizer bunny.

Ren had kept the microphones away, and was waiting for us to go out of the Palapa. Once we’d moved out, he turned off the lights, and locked the door.

I asked Emilio the question I’ve been dying to ask, “Why aren’t you the successor of your father’s business?” I was thick-faced like that.

Emilio didn’t even flinch when I asked him such a personal question. He looked calm, though, as if the question didn’t even bother him a bit. Maybe it didn’t. “I don’t want to succeed the business.”

I still stared at him as we walked.

“I think Ren’s more fit to be the successor,” he continued, “I don’t like business. I like writing.”

“Ahh,” I nodded my head in assent. “Yeah, I can actually imagine Ren in a business attire.” I looked over at him, who had his arms crossed behind his head. He looked at me in question. “Yeah, then he’d be looking soooo superior and such, commanding his peers, and looking so stern,” I knitted my brows to emphasize his sternness. Then an idea popped into my head. “And like in most cases, he’d go and have an affair with his secretary!”

Ren ignored me. Emilio laughed at my silly imagination. He said, “Probably if you were the secretary.”

There was a second of silence on my part; but I had to let them know that what he said didn’t affect me in any way. “Not likely. I’d feel sorry for the poor secretary he’d have an affair with, though. He’s going to tease her to death!”

I saw Emilio’s smile soften. “I don’t think so. Ren can be really kind and thoughtful to the person he loves.”

I felt my grin falter. I wondered if Ren loved anyone at the moment. Ren was always with me twenty-four seven. I would have known in an instant if he liked anybody.

“Are you in love with someone, Ren?” I asked him. He had his head turned away from me.

“No one,” he murmured.

“Okay,” I said. I didn’t know why, but I felt reassured, and my grin was back.

#55 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

wohhooooo

i missed two updates!

but i'm catching up
they are amazing

and ren is so OBVIOUSLY in love with kiri.
its like so obvious!!

they should go out
but i don't like kiri. she is so ungrateful, mean and dependent.
she is just so shallow!

i love ren and emilio!

aji :D

#56 Dreamy_Girl

Dreamy_Girl

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

and ren is so OBVIOUSLY in love with kiri.
its like so obvious!!

I AGREE. :a_smil08:
But not that thing about Kiri.
EEK! You updated!
Thanks!

Dreamy xx

#57 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Heyy its me!!!

That was very cool. I love singing and Im horrible at it :icon_redface: heeheehee

My sister was wating Ren and Stimpy and I thought of your story... how sad is that... And it was a very weird episode. Ren went insane in a bath in space and Stimp turned the gravity off so the bath water and Ren rose and the bath water stayed in one peice then he started to eat soap...

it was very weird...

Anywayzzz

Brilliant update!!!

Lurvvvvvvve ya,
Jamie xx

#58 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

REN LOVES KIRi!!!!!!!

Why doesn't Kiri sense it???

How dense is she?! O_O

#59 -wasabi-

-wasabi-

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

*new reader*
I like your story!
especially ren.. he sounds cool

and i agree... ren is so inlove with kiri...

#60 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

*new reader*
I like your story!
especially ren.. he sounds cool

and i agree... ren is so inlove with kiri...

lol. haha. For you, how can you tell he's in love with her?

#61 -wasabi-

-wasabi-

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

lol. haha. For you, how can you tell he's in love with her?

haha he comes to her rescue and his mom wants them to get married...
and hes a mama's boy so he'll be very happy to follow her command

:love7:

#62 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:53 AM

Hi guys!! ^__^ I'mma post the last update for this week. School starts tomorrow for me, you see. I won't have time to post updates everyday :( But maybe if school isn't so annoying, I can post twice a week. :D Hopefully I won't get writer's block or lose interest in this story like Jakome Academy TT___TT

Heyy its me!!!

That was very cool. I love singing and Im horrible at it :icon_redface: heeheehee

My sister was wating Ren and Stimpy and I thought of your story... how sad is that... And it was a very weird episode. Ren went insane in a bath in space and Stimp turned the gravity off so the bath water and Ren rose and the bath water stayed in one peice then he started to eat soap...

it was very weird...

Haha, now that I think of it, Ren and Stimpy are weird. O_O hahaha. I love to sing too! lol

haha he comes to her rescue and his mom wants them to get married...
and hes a mama's boy so he'll be very happy to follow her command

:love7:

Hi wasabi! ^_^ This is a very random question but, do you like wasabi? haha. I had thought that the green mush on my plate tasted sweet, and got a spoonful of it. I practically screamed my head off. hahaha.

Okay, I just reread Jakome Academy on my computer, and I couldn't help posting this bit of the story.

Page 56:

It was during Arts when I became conscious of the future activities of today. Arts was our last subject, and I tried not to think about the upcoming situation. I didn’t notice how nervous I was until I saw that the dragon I drew on my sketchpad looked like a horse. “That’s a pretty giraffe,” Dwaine commented, tipping his chair to the side to look at my drawing.

“It’s not a giraffe,” I said.

“Oh. An Elephant?”

“No. It doesn’t have a trunk.”

“Oh. Never mind.” He straightened his position, and went back to sketching. After a few minutes, I was curious about what he was drawing, so I leaned in my chair to look at his sketch.

The drawing was that of a girl. Wait. No…it didn’t look like a girl. It looked more like a deformed person with long hair with slits as eyes. I wouldn’t even want to begin to describe how the nose and lips looked like.

“Your girlfriend?” I asked casually.

“More or less,” he replied, still intent on drawing her massive hand.

“I see,” I said. “Pretty.”

“She says ‘thank you’.” He drew her skeletal legs under the voluminous skirt.

I couldn’t stop looking at his sketch of the disfigured girl. “What’s your club again?”

“Science club,” he said, still concentrating on making the lines of her legs straight. It was still crooked. “I love that club because I could invent things without anyone stopping me. I’ve recently designed a robot that could do anything you command. I don’t sell my inventions, though. Agencies have sought after my talent, but were prevented from seeing me.”

“How?” I asked.

“This school is an elite private school. It’s very well guarded. No one would give away anyone’s information just like that.” He focused on drawing her feet.

“Won’t they find your house?”

“No, it’s very well hidden. Sort of like in the movies where its behind a hidden passage or somethin’. Both my parents are highly recognized in the field of technology. They have vast knowledge on the subject, and they could create many things that could benefit or destroy our Earth. Rarely does anyone speak of them.”

“Wow,” I said, amazed. His life was so…interesting! I never knew someone like him actually existed. Such profound intelligence was overwhelming.

“It’s done!” He said happily, holding up his sketchpad. I contained my laughter. Hey, at least her shoes looked good.

#63 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:55 AM

“So, any progress with your sister?” Mimi asked. Her tan was more golden today, and I began doubting its authenticity. She rested her long legs against a desk. Lolly brought a nail file, and was busy trimming her nails with it; but I could see her ears perked up when Mimi mentioned ‘sister’.

“Nothing yet,” I replied. “It’s been three days…” I paused, and then I remembered my real intention. “And I’ve got to study for the Math exam!” I stared down at my textbook and notebooks that were scattered across my desk.

“Chill,” Lolly said, swinging her file around. “You’ve got all the time you need during Study Period.”

“Yeah,” I said, “But the next period is math! And I only know about eighty-five percent! Damn karaoke!”

Cherry raised a perfectly waxed eyebrow. “Karaoke, you say?”

“Yes,” I slammed my fist against my desk. “Karaoke!”

“Why?” asked Mimi, as if she didn’t know how karaoke-crazed I was.

“Ever since Emilio wanted us to go karaoke-ing, I’ve been addicted! Not even playing Tekken could replace my sudden obsession towards karaoke!” I shouted, and I still heard my voice rasp. My normal voice wouldn’t be back at this rate.

“I’ve forgotten that Emilio Lumnare was Ren’s bro,” Cherry said. She looked thoughtful. “I still can’t believe how kind, nice Emilio is Ren’s kin. They’re both so different! Emilio looks so handsome and gallant on TV.”

“Yeah, I know,” Mimi said, looking out the window with a tender expression. “Like he’s every girl’s fantasy!”

“Our candyman!” Lolly giggled. She applied more lipgloss to her lips, and looked at me through her palm-sized mirror. “Love, you are damn lucky to even see him in person.”

“I know,” Mimi sighed. “I’ve read countless of his books. I even own the majority of the lot! Can you believe he’s just twenty? And he became famous in a flash.”

“Well, he’s got connections. Ain’t his mother the famous Leonora? I keep on watching the movies he writes,” Cherry said, “I just love them! I’d probably marry him on the spot if I see him.”

And that’s how I realized how truly lucky I was to even know a celebrity like him (and his mother).

“I wonder if Emilio has a girlfriend,” Mimi said pensively.

“Naw, he doesn’t have a girlfriend,” Lolly said, smiling hugely. “I’ve checked the net a lot of times, and read the news, but nope, he doesn’t have a girlfriend!”

I gulped.

“How could he not?” Cherry looked doubtful. “No one claimed a perfect hottie like him yet?”

“But I’m sure he’s in love with somebody,” Mimi added.

I turned my face away so they couldn’t see my guilt-stricken face. I didn’t know if Emilio liked somebody else, but he would have told me by now if he changed his mind about me.

“Yo.” Ren came to my desk, saluting. Took him long enough to come to my aid. “You don’t understand the stuff I taught you yet?!” he looked appalled. “Has your brain turned to mush karaoke-ing all night?”

I grunted, and pushed him away. “I’m studying here. I don’t need your help, Renaldo.”

“Really?” he looked dismayed. “Last time I checked, you couldn’t answer this equation on your own.” He pointed at an equation that I encircled ferociously on my book. Okay, so maybe I didn’t get everything Ren had taught me a few days ago.

I pounded my head against my desk in grief.

“Ohoi, stop!” he said. “There’s no need to kill yourself over an equation.”

I heard Cherry and Mimi laugh.

“This is what you do, girls, when Kiri’s in suicidal mode,” Ren told them. He suddenly fished out a stuffed toy from his bag, and handed it to me. It was the size of my forearm. It was a miniature black retriever puppy, and it was so adorable!

“That’ll have to suffice until you get the real thing,” Ren said.

I scratched the toy under its chin like it was alive. I was so happy!

“Thank you, Ren!” I exclaimed. I stood up from my seat to hug him. I had to tiptoe to do so. He was so tall.

“Awwwwwwwww,” Cherry, Mimi and Lolly said in unison.

“Just get together already,” Lolly said, looking annoyed. She waved her nail polish in the air.

“When you do, wait up,” Cherry winked at me, “Cause I’m going to join the family too! I’m gonna marry hot, hot, Emilio!”

Mimi and Lolly turned their heads towards her in disapproval.

I coughed, and went back to my seat to study. The stuffed toy was in my lap.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to teach you?” Ren asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

I had my nose in the air. “Bribery won’t work this time. I won’t forgive you for laughing at my stupidity.”

“I didn’t laugh at you,” he said.

“Yes you did.”

“Okay, maybe I did. A little,” he conceded.

“So you did.”

“A little.”

I patted the stuffed puppy in my lap, and thought for a moment. He did give me the stuffed toy, and he would give me the real thing on my birthday.

“I forgive you,” I said. “Now teach me quickly!”

#64 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:55 AM

AWESOME UPDATEOO!!!

This is how I imagined your characters to look like, Tanya! Don't worry, I got these pictures off a certain website, and they are not associated with me in any way.

Mimi's always bringing a lollipop around right? So..

This can be Cherry...with black hair. Just imagine her with blonde hair! :D
or

Lolly

And this is how I imagined Ren, only with longer hair!

And the ff. can be Kiri:
^Just not as sweet-looking

and you can guess who these two pretty people are (the girls only). :D

Now aren't they all gorgeous??? Tell me who looks the most beautiful, so that I can call her Kiri yehey!

Edited by Ari-san, 19 February 2009 - 03:39 AM.
Photos removed

#65 funkymaria

funkymaria

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

i soo luv it
its like perfect
please update soon okk??
xx_KJ_xx

#66 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

Kiri should totally look like this without the tan.

Posted Image

#67 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

WOOOO!!!!!!! that was awesome!!!

i watched more ren and stimpy... lol now when i watch that i think of this and vis versa

i have nothing to say, well type so ill sing in stead... la la la la la la la (can you feel your ears explode since im so bad??)

wait i thought of stuff to say...

“I wonder if Emilio has a girlfriend,” Mimi said pensively.

“Naw, he doesn’t have a girlfriend,” Lolly said, smiling hugely. “I’ve checked the net a lot of times, and read the news, but nope, he doesn’t have a girlfriend!”

I gulped.

I wonder what would happen if they found out he likes her??

“Just get together already,” Lolly said, looking annoyed. She waved her nail polish in the air.

seconded. cept i dont have pink nail polish on...

i wonder how Emilio would reacted if Ren went out with Kiri (which IS going to happen **narrows eyes**)

ohh will everyone find out that Emilio likes Kiri when they FINALLY get together?? and then they would be like "WTF HE LIKED YOU... AND YOU SAID NO!!!!!!!"

me and me crazy theories...

Anywho i have to go to bed in 5 minutes so bye...

Lurvvvvvvvve ya
Jamie xx

#68 *~^Elena^~*

*~^Elena^~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

WEEEEE!
that was so cute!
oh my god.. ren is sounding so hot by every update!

lol! cutejesse... the last pictures with two girls... hmm... i know who they are... hehe... they can be both kiri:)

TANYA! u have school too? me too! hmph... and we have a bajiliian finals this month so forgive me if i forget to reply on your update...

ALways,
pammm

#69 *~^Elena^~*

*~^Elena^~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

oh my god!
i just noticed the excerpt from Jakome Academy that you told me about!
Aww.. how i miss dwaine... wait he was the cross dresser right???
or was it the other guy... ummm... Arg... i forgot his name... aww.. i want to read Jakome Academy again...

hehe...
Well...

PAM

#70 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Wow. CUTEEE!!
Amazing writing as normal. xD
Ren MIGHT like Kiri.
Emilio probably still likes Kiri...[lucky her. Two guys...O_O]

Previous comment of yours to mine..: You AREN'T 12?

-Amy

#71 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

WHOOOT.

#72 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

I wonder what would happen if they found out he likes her??
seconded. cept i dont have pink nail polish on...

i wonder how Emilio would reacted if Ren went out with Kiri (which IS going to happen **narrows eyes**)

ohh will everyone find out that Emilio likes Kiri when they FINALLY get together?? and then they would be like "WTF HE LIKED YOU... AND YOU SAID NO!!!!!!!"

me and me crazy theories...

Anywho i have to go to bed in 5 minutes so bye...

Lurvvvvvvvve ya
Jamie xx

hahaha :P Well, I guess that would be the case if they knew about it.

WEEEEE!
that was so cute!
oh my god.. ren is sounding so hot by every update!

lol! cutejesse... the last pictures with two girls... hmm... i know who they are... hehe... they can be both kiri:)

TANYA! u have school too? me too! hmph... and we have a bajiliian finals this month so forgive me if i forget to reply on your update...

ALways,
pammm

Oh my goodness, I CANNOT believe Cornelia posted that last picture!!! *narrows eyes at Cornelia* she is so dead when I see her.

oh my god!
i just noticed the excerpt from Jakome Academy that you told me about!
Aww.. how i miss dwaine... wait he was the cross dresser right???
or was it the other guy... ummm... Arg... i forgot his name... aww.. i want to read Jakome Academy again...

hehe...
Well...

PAM

Haha. Yeahh I think Dwaine was the crossdresser! Though I forgot the guy who always gets lost..>__< who was that again???

Wow. CUTEEE!!
Amazing writing as normal. xD
Ren MIGHT like Kiri.
Emilio probably still likes Kiri...[lucky her. Two guys...O_O]

Previous comment of yours to mine..: You AREN'T 12?

-Amy

I know >__< Kiri does seem like she gets everything right? But there always comes responsibilities when you're given something. :P

Yes. I'm not 12. I was just playing with the age thing in my profile, hahaha. I just didn't want you guys to think that I was too young, and that it was amazing that a 12 year old could write like that. >__< I'm actually quite old, lol.

Much ♥,
Tanya

#73 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

I know >__< Kiri does seem like she gets everything right? But there always comes responsibilities when you're given something. :P

Yes. I'm not 12. I was just playing with the age thing in my profile, hahaha. I just didn't want you guys to think that I was too young, and that it was amazing that a 12 year old could write like that. >__< I'm actually quite old, lol.

Much ♥,
Tanya

*sigh* There is ALWAYS responsibilities.
Always. So yeah.

Haha, it was amazing. I didn't really look at the age part...I just read the first chapter.
Not to be ageist but I don't think a 12 year year old could write that either. I mean you COULD...but it would be rare.
I'm sure you can't be THAT old. It makes you sound "granny-ish". xD

-Amy

#74 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

So what do you guys think of the pictures? :D

tee hee...*looks at Tanya with innocent eyes*

#75 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:04 AM

AWESOME UPDATEOO!!!
Mimi's always bringing a lollipop around right? So...

This can be Cherry...with black hair. Just imagine her with blonde hair! :D

Lolly

And this is how I imagined Ren, only with longer hair!

And the ff. can be Kiri:

Now aren't they all gorgeous??? Tell me who looks the most beautiful, so that I can call her Kiri yehey!

That girl with the lollipop is so cute :D But she looks to young to be Mimi. I imagined her more sexy, haha. That picture of Cherry is gorgeous!!! Who is that? She definitely is Cherry, haha. And Lolly too! She gives off that hawt aura, lol. That picture of Ren is totally drool-worthy. Kiri so definitely is Megan Fox! hahaha. But only that picture you posted, cause in other pictures, she's showing too much skin and too much pout.

In that last picture, that girl in the middle is mucho gorgeous! I just love her smile! And her outfit, and hair. Okay...maybe I like everything <_< I wonder who that is. You might know her cause you took her picture from that website. The girl on her right is pretty too! She looks kind of Japanese too me though.

Edited by Ari-san, 19 February 2009 - 03:15 AM.
Photos edited out

#76 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

Update soon, ok? :)

#77 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

I looked at my math score with happiness. I had aced it! Math was our last subject, and we were free to go home; except for Ren and I who had detention. “Seems like someone’s happy,” Lolly murmured behind me.

Before the teacher left, he asked me if I wanted to join the interschool Quiz Bowl. I politely declined. I always declined when a teacher suggested something like that. All the credit should go to Ren, who taught me everything I knew. He should be the one chosen for stuff like that. It was just that he deliberately made mistakes in his tests, resulting in either passing—or barely passing scores. He should really show his intelligence more often. But somehow, I found that act of his haughty, and it occasionally made me irate.

Ren came to my desk, and asked that I tie his hair into a ponytail. I loved how soft and silky his hair was. I liked feeling the curls in his hair, like wide bumps under my hand.

I told him to sit on my chair while I sat on my desk. I combed his hair, and was about to tie it with his rubber band, when I changed my mind. I parted his hair, and produced another rubber band from my pocket. I tied his hair into pigtails.

I saw my classmate’s faces. Their expressions were too serious that I realized that they were holding their laughter in.

I followed them, and had a too-serious expression on my face. I nodded gravely towards Cherry, who nodded gravely back. Ren didn’t seem to notice any difference. He didn’t yell or shout. Yet.

I wasn’t at all contented with the pigtails (though they curled in a cute circular way at the bottom), and proceeded to braid them.

“Hey, K,” Ren spoke for the first time.

“Yes, husband?” I said, pleasantly braiding the last tail.

“It doesn’t take long to tie my hair up in a ponytail. What are you doing?” and then he reached up, and touched a braided pigtail. “KIRI!” I saw his hand go red.

Instinctively, I let go of the last braid, and jumped off the desk. The class hooted with laughter. They cheered me on as I ran out the door, and away from Ren who was running after me.

We ran through the hallway, passing by surprised bystanders with shocked expressions. Ren had forgotten to loosen the braids!

I was laughing like crazy while I ran. But I felt my chest heave, and my knees go weak. My legs were getting tired. But even so, I occasionally looked over my shoulder to give Ren a silly grin and a childish giggle.

“Kiri! I’m going to tackle you!” Ren threatened, but I saw his smile.

“Go ahead and try!” I shouted at him.

I skidded to a halt when I saw Kim in the middle of the hallway. She was surrounded by her friends, and she looked pretty happy. She didn’t try and take notice of me, even though I was only two meters away. I heard Ren’s footsteps stop behind me. I looked at him through the corners of my eyes, and saw that he was hastily untying the rubber bands from his hair. He looked embarrassed to be seen in the hallways with his braided pigtails.

I was prepared to turn around and leave, when I heard her friends mention my name. One girl exclaimed, “Kim, you’ve never introduced your sister to us before!” Then the rest of the girls spoke up. “I’ve always wanted to know your sister personally.” “She’s even prettier up close!” “I wish I had a sister like her, you’re so lucky.”

It was unusual for me to see Kim’s happy face. She had never put on such a face in front of me before.

She stood beside me, and introduced them. She pointed to one redhead, “this is Melissa.” She turned towards two blondes, one with brown eyes and the other with blue, and said respectively, “this is Trish and Lucy.” And with a gesture towards a pretty Asian, she said, “and this is Katrina.”

I was in my Princess Mode, and I smiled my most charming smile at them. I wanted to leave them a good impression for Kim’s benefit. I said, “Nice to meet you guys.” I saw that the girl named Melissa was visibly shivering. Was she that excited to see me? I added, my voice turning sweet, “I hope you guys have been nice to my sister.”

“Of course we are!” they said in chorus. They began chatting to one another excitedly, and I sneaked a peek at Kim’s expression. The cold aura that usually exuded at home was gone, and it was replaced with warmth. I wished I could feel that warmth at home.

I was about to take Ren’s wrist and leave, but Kim’s friends stopped me. They were looking at Ren, who stood behind me. The blonde with brown eyes said shyly, “We want to get to know Ren too.”

Ren looked ecstatic, and in a flash he was in Princely Mode. He shook hands with each of the girls, saying their names in a knightly fashion. The girls giggled with delight. I found it slightly annoying. They asked him for his phone number, but Ren refused—in another knightly manner—to tell them. The girls looked disheartened.

Kim, in behalf of her friends, asked, “Why won’t you tell them?” Kim hadn’t asked for Ren’s number.

Ren replied, with a thumb in my direction, “Because she’ll get jealous.”

“No!” my mouth dropped. I looked at Kim’s friends, who seemed to understand what Ren was talking about. “Don’t listen to him, he’s just making stuff up.”

“Sorry we weren’t very considerate of you, Kiri. We didn’t think that you’d get jealous or anything…” the blonde with blue eyes said. She looked sincere, and it was like a stab to my heart.

“We know you like Ren, but we still asked him for his number! We’re really sorry!” Katrina said. She bowed her head at me twice.

My mouth gaped open. “I-I don’t like him in that way!”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to deny it for our sake,” Melissa said.

Kim gave them a look. It silenced them. I almost applauded. She said, “Okay, we have to go to basketball practice.” She walked ahead, and they followed her. Her friends waved goodbye at both Ren and I. I heard one girl say, “May you have a lasting relationship!”

I could feel the heat rushing through my cheeks. I was angry at Ren for tweaking their minds, and at the same time, I was happy to see my sister’s cheerful face. Finally, the happiness side won over, but I refused to show that side to Ren.

I looked at Ren with an ominous smile. He saw it, and did a double take.

“W-What?” Ren asked. He was backing away slowly, as if I would hurt him.

“You’re not getting away with what you said,” I said intrepidly. “You’ll have to pay the fee.”

“What fee?” he turned around to escape, but I clutched his sweater. It stopped him for a moment, and with that moment of stillness, I took the chance to jump onto his back. He almost fell with my weight.

“You’re awfully heavy,” he grunted. I had my arms wound tightly around his neck, and he made strangling noises. “Are you trying to kill me—e?” he wrapped his arms around my legs, and jerked himself to balance me on his back.

“Nooo,” I smiled against his ear, “You’re going to have to give me a piggy-back ride.”

“You’re a million years too late for that,” he said. “Besides, people are going to stare.”

“Oh, pssh. Let them,” I said. I wasn’t one to care what other people thought—except if they were my friends or family. I wiggled my legs against his sides. “Your wife commands you to jog to the classroom!”

And he did.

People stared at us, and some laughed. We passed by Jed and Phil in the hallway, and they doubled up with laughter.

We were reaching the classroom, and I was laughing uncontrollably against Ren’s back. It just felt so awesome, being carried around school. My laughter abruptly stopped when my forehead hit the doorframe of our classroom.

“Kiri!” I heard Ren say worriedly.

Ren gently lowered me to the ground, and I was holding my swollen forehead in my hands. It ached like crazy.

Lolly, Cherry and Mimi were by my side in an instant.

“I’m going to get my wife a cold compress,” Ren said before he left the room.

Cherry took my hand away from my forehead, and felt the bump. She looked at my face with concern.

Lolly eyeballed my bump. She said, her face contorted with pain, “Oh love, that looks painful.”

Mimi got another lollipop from her skirt pocket, and unwrapped it. She inserted it inside my mouth and said, “Suck on that. Maybe it’ll make you feel better.” The lollipop was strawberry flavoured.

“Thanks,” I mumbled through the lollipop in my mouth. I smiled at them to show my gratitude. I could feel the roundness of the lollipop protrude from the side of my mouth. It made them chuckle.

I blinked hard from the throbbing pain on my forehead. Cherry helped me sit down on an empty seat. Most of our classmates had gone home.

Ren entered the classroom, looking anxious. He quickly went to me with the cold compress in his hands. “Kiri, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know that the door wasn’t high enough for you to get through.”

Lolly took the cold compress from Ren’s hands, and applied it against my forehead. The coldness of it made me ease up. I liked how it felt against the swell.

“Loosen up, R,” I said. “It’s not like I’m gonna die from a bump like this.”

I saw his shoulders relax with relief. “Yeah…”

I turned around in my seat, and looked at Lolly, Mimi and Cherry. “It’s okay now, you guys can go home. Thanks for waiting for me, but I’m fine.”

Mimi looked uncertain, but I gave them an encouraging smile. Lolly let me hold the cold compress against my forehead.

“If you’re sure…” Cherry said.

“Very certain,” I said. I could still feel the bump throbbing, but the cold compress eased the pain.

They got their things, and waved goodbye at Ren and I before they left.

I stared at their retreating figures, and said aloud, “They’re so nice to me.”

“Of course they are.” Ren didn’t have the worried look on his face anymore, and I felt relieved. I didn’t like him so tense and shifty.

“What do you mean ‘of course’?” I asked, staring into his green eyes. The light that poured through the windows made me see the flecks of brown in his irises. I mused while chewing the remaining lollipop in my mouth.

“Well,” he said, while grabbing a chair and sitting on it, “Because they love you.”

I looked at him questioningly.

“Not in a lesbian way, of course,” he said hastily. “Remember when Mimi and Cherry just came to our school last schoolyear?”

I nodded my head absent-mindedly.

“You know how the rest of the people treat new students. They don’t care about them at all. They show only indifference towards them.” He moved his chair closer to my table. “I noticed how they felt out of place, and alone. But you opened your arms to them, and let them in the circle of our friendship. You saved them from the wretched loneliness that had befallen them.”

The corner of my mouth lifted up in a half-smile. “You’re not writing a novel, Ren. Stop using fancy words.”

Ren snorted, but continued. “Anyway, you did the same for Lolly when she arrived this schoolyear. In short, because of your friendliness, you have helped three souls in the journey of highschool-hood—and gave them your TLC—and now they’re loyal to you and want nothing else but your happiness—and now you’ve made them almost as popular as you—and I have a hunch that they’re the leaders of your fanclub—and blah.” He stopped, and then looked at me with a jaded expression. “Are you satisfied now?”

“Quite.” I smiled at him, but it soon faded when I remembered we still had detention. “Ren, detention…” I trailed off.

“Poop,” he said, looking serious. He said 'poop' as if it were a taboo term. It amused me.

We gathered our things, and ran to the detention room.

-=-=-=-=-

Hey guys! Finally I have an update xD I think I'm going to have another update this coming Sunday, so just wait. :) Hope you guys enjoyed it. ^_^

Much ♥,
Tanya

#78 zoella

zoella

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

HiiiYaa!
-NewReader-
AWESOME story !
and all the characters in your story have nice names ....
Im gonna be waiting for your update on SUNDAY !!!

-Zoe :020:

#79 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

yESS! FINALLY AN UPDATE

#80 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

yESS! FINALLY AN UPDATE

I swear, Ren is just too cool for words. And too hot, even. Seriously. I want to have a bestfriend like him -_____- darn Kiri!!!

Kiri is really boisterous, isn't she? But she's really fun.

Tanya, I love how you write your characters. It just makes you want to be in Kiri's shoes and be friends with her friends. TT__TT

#81 katfaye

katfaye

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

Ren and Kiri are so cute together xD I'm so glad for Kiri about Kim.

I cant wait to see any lovey-dovey developments between Ren and Kiri or Emilio and Kiri. I really want to see how Emilio expresses his love for Kiri though!!! It'd give me such a tingly feelign!!!

Cant wait!!!

Love the update!

xo

#82 *LaLa giRrrL*

*LaLa giRrrL*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

i literaly laughed out loud when ren was chasing kiri and when she hit her head on the door! oh & also when she tells ren to stop using such fancy words i think she says? haha loved the update (:
- Sam

#83 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

i literaly laughed out loud when ren was chasing kiri and when she hit her head on the door! oh & also when she tells ren to stop using such fancy words i think she says? haha loved the update (:
- Sam

Haha me too! I really laughed when she hit her head on the door. I was imagining it in my head, with her face going O_O <-- you know haha. I also imagined her head tilting backwards because of the impact, and that expression O_O. lol.

I love Ren and Kiri!

#84 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

yay update!!! thanks!!!!

Lurvvvvvvvve ya,
Jamie xx

#85 princess_precious

princess_precious

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

oh man
i missed two updates

forgive me!

i ABSOLUTELY loved the updates
so i decided to give you something!

Posted Image

UPDATE SOON!

#86 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for reading guys!! ^_^

and all the characters in your story have nice names ....

Lol :P I actually get their names from the people I know. Most of them have really pretty, distinct names. I wish I had a unique name :(

- Sam

^_^ glad it made you laugh.

oh man
i missed two updates

forgive me!

i ABSOLUTELY loved the updates
so i decided to give you something!

Posted Image

UPDATE SOON!

*drools*

WHY OH WHY does that have to be two-dimensional????? I wish they'd make a way for us internet-crazed fans to like, get three-dimensional objects from the internet merely by inserting our whole hand inside the screen >__< but that's too far-fetched haha.

Much ♥,
Tanya

#87 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

That was amazing Tanya. I started laughing when Kiri hit her head.
I mean, sorry but it's so hilarious, being carried by a guy and then the next thing you know, your head is hit.
By the door frame. xD

“Hey, K,” Ren spoke for the first time.

“Yes, husband?” I said, pleasantly braiding the last tail.

“It doesn’t take long to tie my hair up in a ponytail. What are you doing?” and then he reached up, and touched a braided pigtail. “KIRI!” I saw his hand go red.

Hahaha. Also, cool.

I just love their names... Update soon.

-Amy

#88 *<Alenaire>*

*<Alenaire>*

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

An update, just as promised ^__^~ tee hee. And for that hitting your forehead on the doorframe thing, I would be so embarrassed if that happened to me haha. But I'd probably laugh at myself, too. xD

-=-=-=-
Chapter Four

After many months—possibly years, I finally ate dinner with my family. I had asked Ren to drop me off my house. He knew the situation with my sister all to well, and he hoped that having dinner as a family would somehow close the rift between Kim and I.

Our dinner consisted of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, orange juice and cake. I considered it a feast. I loved how my mom cooked. She could rival Ren’s professional chef! But it was expected from someone who could get tips from professionals in that famous restaurant she was working in.

“Mom,” I said over the dinner table. Kim was sitting across me, and she glanced at me briefly. I guess the face she had put on in school was nothing more than a mask that hid her true feelings.

“Yes, dear?” mom asked, scraping the remaining mashed potato off its peel.

“You know Ren’s mom right?” I asked. I was finally going to tell her about Leonora’s scheme.

“Oh yes, that Mexican superstar. Of course everyone knows her,” she said. She drank her orange juice.

“Well, she wants to pay all of our expenses…” I looked down at my lap, afraid to see the expression on her face.

“Tell her we’re not a charity case,” she said. I could hear the irritation in her voice. “We don’t need any help. She can use her money to buy herself jewelery and boyfriends.”

Mom still stuck to the notion that all superstars were bad, stuck-up and selfish, and that all the good deeds that they’ve done was only in an attempt to make their fame rise even higher. I was quite angry that she thought Leonora was like that, but I didn’t bother to correct her.

“I already accepted her proposition,” I said warily. I kept my eyes on my plate. It took her a long time to reply.

She finally said, “Why did you accept such a ridiculous plan?”

“I couldn’t help it! She was crying when I didn’t accept,” I said in my defence.

“Dear,” mom looked at me pointedly, “she’s an actress. What do you expect?” I turned my head towards her, my gaze steady with my strength. I wanted her to change her mind about Leonora, and just accept the fact that she was going to pay our expenses.

“So.” Mom was cutting up her chicken into small pieces. “You expect Leonora vi Lumnare to pay all of our expenses until the day we die? Or she dies? She’s that kind enough? I doubt that. She must have some ulterior motive…like a rise in fame.” I was beginning to become upset with my mom.

“It’s not like that, mom! She’s actually that kind! Is there anything wrong with her helping us? Of course I wasn’t intending for her to pay everything. Maybe after a few years, after we saved enough money we could tell her to stop,” I said. I could feel my cheeks flush.

“We’re not that desperate, dear,” mom said, “Tell her we don’t need it.”

I whined.

“Stop talking and finish your food,” mom said, pointing her fork at my half-eaten plate of food.

“But in return, there’s something I have to do for Leonora,” I said. I wanted mom to accept the proposal. I didn’t want to see the look of dejection on Leonora’s face. She was very kind and generous enough to do this extreme feat for us, and I would feel bad for rejecting it.

“I knew she had ulterior motives,” my mom muttered.

“She wants me to always stay with them,” I said.

My mom’s eyes widened. “She’s taking my child away?!”

I almost laughed at her expression. Her eyes could get really huge. “No, it’s not like that. She meant that I should keep staying at her house like I usually do. It’s not that big of an exchange, really.”

My mom’s face relaxed. “Tell her to stop interfering with your life.”

“Mom!” I burst with exasperation. “She’s only trying to help us! What’s wrong with that?”

“What’s wrong? Letting her help us when we aren’t in dire need, that’s what’s wrong. She should go help those children in Africa or those people who really need help. They would gladly accept Leonora’s offer of shouldering their expenses!” my mom’s ears were turning pink already. I knew it was time for me to stop saying any more unnecessary things.

My lips were drew together in a firm line. I stared at the chicken that lay limp against my plate.

Suddenly, Kim spoke. I almost jumped in my chair. She said, “Mom, maybe it’s best to accept Leonora’s proposal.”

Mom looked at her curiously. I bet she was secretly wondering why Kim was suddenly siding with me.

“She probably paid for everything by now,” Kim said, “You can’t do anything about it when it’s like that. Besides, let her have her fun. Show her how you can make use of the money you can now spare for yourself. Maybe you can use it for charity, or even for the benefit of your two very lovely daughters.” Kim stood up with her empty plate in her hands, and kissed mom’s cheek. She washed her plate in the sink, then proceeded to slice the cake into three pieces.

Mom looked thoughtful, and I felt like I had been hit by a tidal wave. Kim actually spoke in my defense! Though she didn’t speak to me, she had done it for me, and that was even better! I felt happiness bubbling inside me, and the anger that I had felt was gone. I tried hard to suppress my smile.

“Fine,” mom said. “I’ll let her do whatever she wants.”

I wanted to run around, and hop with joy. I was so happy that I felt tingles running through my arms. My smile was enormous. “Thank you, mom! Thank you!”

Mom smiled bashfully. “You don’t need to get so excited…”

I couldn’t help but smile the whole evening away.

-♥-♥-♥-

The principal had set Ren and I free from our detention sentence. Instead of detention, however, we had our modeling practices. We were taught by two female seniors who had experience in modeling.

The catwalk was stored in the Studio Room temporarily, so we had our practices there. The costumes that the Student Council prepared for us weren’t ready yet, so we had to make do with dummy clothing.

We had to model ten costumes, seven of which exemplified the seven continents of the world. The remaining three were designs made by the Student Council, and they wouldn’t reveal what it was like until the time of the catwalk.

We held practices three times a week, after classes, and it ridiculously exhausted me. I almost sprained my ankle wearing some five-inched heel boots. I had to have grace when I walked, and my back had to be stick straight. They had placed books on top of my head while I sauntered towards the edge of the platform, and I had to do it all over again if a book fell off my head.

I was amazed at Ren’s grace and presentation. It was like he was born on the catwalk! He modeled the dummy clothing as if he had done it a million times before. His exhibition was perfect, and the senior girls never chastised him. Because they had nothing to complain about of Ren’s impeccable performance, all of their attention was diverted to me, who walked awkwardly and lifeless.

The Student Council and the two seniors sighed and grunted at my performance. I became even more awkward when in our last part of the catwalk, Ren had to take my hand in his, and twirl me around like a princess. When we would reach the edge of the platform, we had to look at the crowd with our arms around each other like a pair of lovers. The two seniors said both of us had to exude an ‘erotic aura’ that would captivate our audience. It was somehow making me peeved, but I still did my best at it.

Ren, Jed and Phil understood my awkwardness. They knew how far from refined and graceful I was. Cherry, Lolly and Mimi attended the practices sporadically, but always cheered me on. How I loved them.

When I was over at Ren’s house, I told Emilio about my grievances, and he chuckled at the thought of me on the catwalk.

“You don’t think you can do this?” he asked.

“Well, I think I can, but…I can’t!” I said. I was getting tired of doing that ridiculous modeling exhibit. No matter how much I tried, I still couldn’t get it right! I was beginning to get angry at myself.

Ren was stretched languidly on the opposite couch of their living room, and he looked to be napping. But he flicked one eye open and said, “You should have seen her, bro. She looked hilarious trying to parade the dresses.”

I snarled at him. “Why are you so good at doing the catwalk?!”

Ren opened his mouth to speak. He was about to say something condescending that would have probably angered me the more (it was evident by the way he looked so c.ocky), but Emilio interrupted just in time.

“When he was home-schooled, he was also taught poise and etiquette,” Emilio said.

I looked away from Ren. I didn’t want anymore of his derision. I was trying my best already! I fumed, crossing my arms over my chest. I wasn’t going to speak to Ren until I felt like doing so.

Emilio tried to alleviate my anger by saying, “I’ll help you improve.”

I looked at him, hesitant. “You can?”

“I work in Hollywood, remember? I don’t just go and not notice things. I observe the superstars on the red carpet. Besides, I was also taught etiquette and poise when I was younger.”

I felt relaxed all of a sudden. I said, sounding daunting, “If I don’t improve, what will I do to you?”

Emilio smiled, and looked thoughtful. “You can parade me in front of your school with a dress on.”

My eyes glittered excitedly. “Deal.”

Emilio directed me to the patio, leaving Ren on the couch. Because of Emilio’s gentleness, I didn’t feel overwhelmed, and my body wasn’t stiff and awkward. He made me laugh, and it set me at ease. He not only gave me gentle criticism, but also helped me build up more confidence. I tried doing the ‘erotic aura’ that the two seniors spoke of.

The first time I tried it, Emilio shook his head, trying to suppress a smile. I tried again, and again, but to no avail. Then I remembered Lolly’s seductive expressions. She would usually look at me through half-closed lids. Her eyelashes were long, thick and curvy. Her make-up accentuated her eyes to the highest level. Her lips were usually in a pout, like Mimi. She had mocha colored skin, which made her look even more exotic.

I tried visualizing her face in my mind, and how she always brought her cosmetics around. A small smile tugged at my lips. I wanted to act her out. It amused me.

I walked across the patio with the same expression as Lolly. I looked at Emilio through half-closed lids, with the same pout that Mimi always had on. I wanted to do the final act with Emilio, the one where Ren and I had to be in a tight embrace. Now that I was in a seductive mood, I was in for it.

I strolled towards him with an erogenous gait. He looked startled at my sudden change of personality. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and purred, “Am I seductive now?” Because I had wound myself tightly against him, I could hear his heart hammer against his chest. It was beating wildly! He gulped, and looked at me nervously. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds, neither of us willing to move.

I broke the embrace, and lost the ‘erotic aura’. I doubled up in laughter. Emilio relaxed, and held a palm to his heart.

“Well, that was certainly a side of you I’ve never seen before,” Emilio remarked.

I tweaked his chin with my index finger, and looked at him through lowered eyelids. I said coyly, “Really?”

Emilio sighed. “Yes. You’ve got me with that seductive façade. You pass with flying colors.”

I hugged him energetically. “Now you don’t have to be paraded in front of my school with a dress on.”

Emilio laughed.

“Though I must admit that I planned on not getting this right in order for you to do just that!” I said, then added after some thoughtful deliberation, “I was thinking of making you wear an evening gown.”

Emilio groaned in protest. I laughed against his chest.

#89 crazee_top

crazee_top

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

Heehee Emilio is so nice. And Kim came to her rescue!!

“Tell her we’re not a charity case,” she said. I could hear the irritation in her voice. “We don’t need any help. She can use her money to buy herself jewelery and boyfriends.”

haha i laughed at this part. Dont really know why...

The last part was so funny

I strolled towards him with an erogenous gait. He looked startled at my sudden change of personality. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and purred, “Am I seductive now?” Because I had wound myself tightly against him, I could hear his heart hammer against his chest. It was beating wildly! He gulped, and looked at me nervously. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds, neither of us willing to move

poor emilio...

Lurvvvvvvvvvve ya,
Jamie xx

#90 cutejesse

cutejesse

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

oh my god! I love this update!! Seriouslyy!!!!

Ohhh my Emilio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *heartbeat* I think I'm falling in love with Emilio....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users