Photo

Racing Heart (PG-13)

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: Hola! Como estan? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer? (Multiple choices here =))

1. Vampires. Sexy, mysterious and seductive (45 votes [40.18%])

Percentage of vote: 40.18%

2. Werewolves. Strong, masculine, yummy and wicked (15 votes [13.39%])

Percentage of vote: 13.39%

3. Slayers. Skilled, fast, handsome and caring (13 votes [11.61%])

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

4. or All of the above! (39 votes [34.82%])

Percentage of vote: 34.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

Chapter 30

“Stop it!” Greg started again, taking Eric by his blood stained collar and beating him up with his already broken hand.

“You son of a b*itch! You mother f*ucker!! How dare you touch her?!” he kicked Eric in the stomach. His face flushed and angry. What frustrated me even more was that Eric didn’t do anything. I knew that Eric couldn’t fight back since he could probably just end up killing my brother instead, but he could still try.

“Greg! Listen—” Greg punched his jaw before he could finish his sentence.

“Stop it, Greg!” I grasp his shoulder but he shook me off. Then, Eric’s hand came over Greg’s forehead and there was a small white spark between his fingers. Greg froze for two seconds, before his unconscious body hit the kitchen floor. I stared, horrified. “What did you do to him!?” I shrieked. I knelt beside my brother, taking his head and resting it on my lap. My heart pounded in my ear, I felt like it was going to leap out of my chest. My mouth watered at the smell of blood. But right now all my attention was on my unresponsive brother.

“Don’t worry, he’s just unconscious, he’ll be ok in the morning” Eric’s voice was muffled by his hand. He stood from the floor and rinsed his lip in the sink.

I glanced down at my brother’s face and stroke his brown curls.

“Still think telling him was a good idea?” I demanded, glaring at Eric with teary eyes.

“It could have been worst” Eric’s bottom lip was swollen but the cut was already gone.

“He’s going to hate me now, and that’s all thanks to you, Reynolds!” I yelled at him. “He’s the only person who has ever cared about me and…. and…this is how I…. I…. returned the favor. By stealing his best friend!!” I sobbed.

“You didn’t steal me, I stole you. And besides, he had the right to know, Ash. It would have hurt him terribly if we decided to tell him at the last minute and you know that. He’s not the only person who cares about you, Ash”

“Oh yeah! If you ever did care about me then you wouldn’t have done this!!” I screamed at him.

“Would you have preferred to lie to him instead? He was going to find out sooner or later anyway, he deserves to know, Ash. We couldn’t have hid this forever”

“I hate you,” I cried.

“No, you don’t” now I hated him more because he was right, he was always right. He knelt in front of me and grasped my brother’s arm. I didn’t bother slapping his hand away. “I’m going to carry him to his room. I’ll be back,” he whispered.

I wasn’t even looking at him anymore; my eyes were on the cake. I stood abruptly and took the cake, walking towards the sliding doors that led to the backyard and opening them. I hurled the cake somewhere out in the forest behind our house and shut the sliding doors, making the glass tremble momentarily. Why keep a cake that no one was going to eat? It might be the first thing I have ever cooked myself but my brother isn’t going to care, he hates me now.

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch, hugging my knees to my chest and burying my face in them. My life is over, all the people that have ever loved me I hurt. He was going to hate me; he won’t care about me anymore. I am going to be alone.

Arms came around me and I was pulled into someone’s lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his broad shoulders. Then, thinking about anything but my anger, I sank my teeth into his cold skin and bit with all my might. Eric tensed for a second before relaxing, his arms tightening around me. I snarled and bit harder. I wanted to hurt him back but knew that was impossible.

I knew I wasn’t hurting him. He probably felt pleasure instead of pain. Feeding off of another vampire brings nothing but pleasure. Vampires don’t understand pain; all they know is pleasure. But I knew Eric was different; he might be feeling pleasure, but I was sure he felt my pain too.

I wanted to rip him to pieces. I was angry; angry because he told my brother, angry because I was thirsty, angry because I wasn’t hurting Eric the way I wanted to, and angry because Greg might never talk to me again.

“Ash” Eric whispered my name, his voice sounded husky and hoarse. I released him and started crying then. My father hates me, my brother too; do I want Eric to be next? Can this get any worst?

“I’m sorry” I whispered and kissed his wound, stroking his broad strong shoulder to sooth any pain.

“It’s okay, Ash. I forgive you” he pressed his lips to my neck.

“Please don’t make him hate me,” I sobbed.

“He won’t hate you, Ashley…but he’ll be angry” I closed my eyes and prayed that tomorrow won’t be worst. “You’re not alone, Ash. I’ll always be with you,” he whispered in my ear. “I’m sorry” he kissed my lips to quiet my small sobs.

“He won’t talk to me,” I whimpered.

“He’ll forgive you” I hope he was right.

*To be continued*

Have to finish the laundry, I'll post the other half later. :icon_flower:

#47 lady_in_the_lake101

lady_in_the_lake101

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

Yay you updated. It was great. I think her bother over reacted. I love Eric. He is so romantic :P Cant wait to read the rest later...

<3
Xo.Joelle.xO

#48 applesauce~and~cowboyhats

applesauce~and~cowboyhats

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

So sad, but amazing. Post soon.
Cecilia :icon_flower:

#49 Lizzy1212

Lizzy1212

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:27 PM

That's so sad. But I still loved the update!!! Please update soon!!

Lizzy1212 :D

#50 iluvmuzik

iluvmuzik

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:31 PM

AHHH!!!!!

Going to die after that update!!

Help me!

LoL, just kidding, guys.

Luv,
Megs

#51 Ranma

Ranma

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

i love the update emily!!!!

poor greg's hand

most hurt like hell *wince*

can Eric pooh fix it?

*hopeful eyes*

#52 Peachy1214

Peachy1214

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Ooie, Lovely update. :D Eric... :love7: Update soon!

~Peachy

#53 The southernbell

The southernbell

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

Come on! I'm dying here!

:heartbeat:
Maddie

#54 JustlikeJess

JustlikeJess

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

That was an amazing update! I can't wait for the next one! I love this story.

Crystal

#55 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

That was great

She forgave him too quickly

Maybe i'm just stubborn, (no way ;) ) but i totally would have been pissed at Eric

Please post the other half soon!

Love Sophie

#56 pupcraze

pupcraze

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:11 AM

I hope Greg will forgive her
update soon

#57 Enigmamystery

Enigmamystery

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:06 AM

Great update!

I loved it and I don't think Greg should have been so angry.

Update soon...

Katie

#58 JenJen94

JenJen94

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Update soon!

JennyJen :mgbubblegum:

#59 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

Are you finished the laundry yet?

Cause we're waiting! ;)

Emily :icon_flower:

#60 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:41 PM

Hmm . . . Laundry should be done around now.
*begins to tap fingers on the desk, which is driving people around me crazy*
Hi Em!
Up date soon if you can yeah?
Cerra

#61 Peachy1214

Peachy1214

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

^I absolutely positively agree.

~Peachy

#62 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

Ooh, Emily that was so good!!

I don't think it was really Eric's fault. I mean, Greg accidentally found out right?

And obviously (well, I hope) he'll forgive her...soon. If anything, he would hate Eric. Not Ashley.

I really wouldn't mind if my sister got together with one of my guy friends.

Unless the guy was a total creep. :unsure:

But Eric's anything but a creep. :D Well...you know, hes kind of...

No. Eric is awesome. xD

-Meg :spinstar:

#63 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

That was great

She forgave him too quickly

Maybe i'm just stubborn, (no way ;) ) but i totally would have been pissed at Eric

Please post the other half soon!

Love Sophie

Nope! i think she did forgive him a leetle too quickly,
I mean at least one day an a half would have been better.
Well, I mean we are supposed to forgive, and Greg
did find out by accident by her own moth so it kind
of was her own fault. I hope he won't be too angry at her.
Cerra :mgwave:

#64 Anj1011

Anj1011

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

That was good!
So when's later? :icon_lol:

#65 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:59 PM

*continued*

I was in the library, sitting alone on one of those rounded library tables, with my head on top of my folded arms and my eyes close, tears running down my face.

It was lunch period, but I didn’t feel like eating. I felt sick, like I was going to throw up. All the guilt, anger and shame were making me this way. No one can handle too many emotions.

My brother didn’t even glance at me this morning. He didn’t look angry or anything, he just looked really tired and maybe a little guilty. We ate breakfast quietly. He didn’t even greet me, or kissed me goodbye. This was much worst than I thought.

Eric spend the night with me, we both fell asleep on the couch. I was still on his lap with his arms wrapped gently around me this morning when I woke up. Good thing my brother was still asleep or that would have turned very ugly. It was still five in the morning and his alarm was set for six.

So here I sat, too chicken to go out there and face my brother. I didn’t want my friends asking me questions. I knew I looked horrible.

I was such a mean person, heartless just like the monster I am. I hurt my brother.

I heard the chair beside me been pulled back and a hand stroked my hair. I already knew who it was.

“Ash, you have to eat” he sighed. I shook my head stubbornly. “I’ll take you out hunting tonight, how about that? You do look a little…thirsty” he struggled with words. I knew he was still having a little trouble registering my immortality. “I’m going to try and talk to your brother, ok?” I lifted my head at this, making the back of my neck crack a little.

“You can’t,” I croaked. I sounded like an old dead lady. I sounded terrible.

“Why?” he brushed a tear away. I must have looked horrible but Eric didn’t seem to care.

“Because he’s going to beat you up again” I sniffed.

“I can take it” he smiled. I gazed at him, confused.

“You would do that…for me?” I asked softly.

“Mm-hmm” he kissed my cheek with his soft velvety lips, brushing a loose strand of hair off of my face.

“Thank you” I smiled for the first time. I was so grateful that I still had him, here by my side.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up to see my brother’s angry face above mine. First I was confused, but then I felt familiar cold strong arms around me and realized that my head rested on his chest. I was cuddled up Eric’s chest and we probably looked like a perfect version of a couple to my brother.

Eric and I had come from school, waiting for my brother to come home from the hospital—since his hand was broken and he needed a cast—so we could talk to him, but somehow we just ended up falling asleep.

I slowly and carefully slipped out of Eric’s arms and straightened. My brother glared down at me with crossed arms, looking like a father scowling at his child.

“We have to talk” he took my arm and led me to the back door, and out to the backyard. That’s when I started my apologies.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, Greg. Please, don’t hate me. I swear I didn’t mean anything, it just happened and I—”

“I know” Greg interrupted.

“What?” I stared at him with my mouth wide open.

“I don’t hate you, A.J. How dare you think that? Besides, I knew there was something going on between you and Eric for a long time now. I just didn’t want to believe it” oh….

“So why you beat the heck out of him last night?” I asked, confused.

“He didn’t have any right to touch you in the first place. I warned him of that,” he growled and crossed his arms over his wide chest.

“You did?”

“Yes, he seemed to have had a little problem keeping his eyes off of you back then” he eyes green eyes were dark and angry.

“So…you forgive us?” I asked cautiously. I felt a great deal of relief, I wanted to wrap my arms around him and hug him to hard, but I restrained.

“I’ll forgive you, but not him” I winced. This is bad; I just ruined their perfect friendship. Eric isn’t going to like this.

“But why not? It’s not good holding a grudge, Greg” I tried to convince him.

“I warned him millions of times, A.J. I even threatened him, but did he listen? No, he’s just as stubborn as you are. I am not ok with this and will never be. He’s older than you, for god sake’s! Not only that, but he was seeing my little sister behind my back all this time!” he growled. “What am I suppose to think of that! I trusted him and this is what he does” he threw his hands up in the air, frustrated.

“This isn’t entirely his fault, Greg. This is my fault too,” I explained. I knew how important Eric’s friendship with Greg was, they were both like twin brothers. They used to be inseparable back when they were kids, I don’t want to ruin everything.

<H1 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">“Why are you defending him?”</H1>“I am not defending him, I’m just telling the truth, Greg” I glared at him.

“You seemed very comfortable in his arms earlier” he raised an eyebrow.

“Why are you making such big fuss about this?” I demanded.

“A.J., Eric is a guy, what if he hurts you? Eric is not the kind of guy that stays with one girl, Ashley” his eyes were concerned and serious. True, that was Eric a long time ago back in Junior High. But he was a vampire, I have to give him that.

“Look, Greg, I know that Eric and I spend a lot of time together, but I just want to make something very clear to you; Eric and I aren’t a couple”

“Then what are you guys? Friends?” he snorted.

“Well, friends don’t really kiss from time to time” he sent me a glare. We stayed there, scowling at each other until…

“Does he know, Ash?” I stayed quiet then, completely tensed. I knew exactly what he was talking about. “Ash?” he repeated with more force. Why lie to him? I been told lots of time that I was a horrible liar; if I lie he wouldn’t believe me for sure, he knows me too well.

“Yes” I sighed. He stayed quiet, running a hand through his curls now and then, and starting to pace back and forth.

“Did you tell him?”

“No, he found out. He has this book he…bought from a library back in Italy. Let’s just say it has lots of information about…vampire” I struggled with words.

“Ah” was all he said. “You know what this means, right?” I shut my eyes and nodded. “You used it too, didn’t you?” I nodded again, guilty. “You’re going to need some help, stay with grandma for a couple of weeks, until you can control it again. The spell she sealed on it wont’ help anymore, you interrupted it when you used it”

“I know”

“You’re going to have to avoid him now” my head shot up at this.

“Avoid him? Why?”

“Is the least you can do for us, A.J., you can’t be selfish” he stared at me with gentle green eyes.

“I don’t know if I can do that, Greg” I sighed, ashamed.

“Try” he kissed my forehead “is for your own good” and with that, he headed back to the house. I watched the sunset with glaring eyes and growled. Why is life so complicated?

I'll update soon! :icon_flower:

#66 Peachy1214

Peachy1214

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Wow, lovely update. I'm glad Greg forgave her.

“A.J., Eric is a guy, what if he hurts you? Eric is not the kind of guy that stays with one girl, Ashley” his eyes were concerned and serious. True, that was Eric a long time ago back in Junior High. But he was a vampire, I have to give him that.

^I wonder what that meant. :unsure:

~Peachy

#67 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

^I wonder what that meant.

Let's just say that Eric was a ladies' man LOl
But he's quiet grown up now.....a little maybe lol

love

~emily~

#68 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

Yes! I knew you would update!
How is she going to avoid him?
What spell?

#69 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

What spell?

You'll find out in the next chapter. Sorry, i just have too much fun making you guys curious and confuse Mwahahaha

lol!

Love

~emily~

#70 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

How cruel and positivley prime evil you are!
Cerra

#71 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:39 PM

That was awesome, please update again as soon as you can!

Love Sophie

#72 Enigmamystery

Enigmamystery

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:38 AM

Avoid him? No chance....lol.

Awesome update...perfectly worded and I still think Greg doesn't have to be so angry.

Update soon.

Katie :heartbeat:

#73 noleey

noleey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:49 AM

Aww. Poor Greg :(. Don't make Amy stay away from Eric :(. They're perfect.

UPDATE SOON

Nicole

PS: What happened to 'The Dawn'

#74 pupcraze

pupcraze

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:12 AM

I feel sorry for Ashley, i mean they're both vampires , and he loves her
Greg should know that
update soon

#75 pupcraze

pupcraze

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

even you're still on writers block in THe Dawn you shouldn't have deleted it.
do you need any ideas
we readers can give you some if you want so that you could continue your beautiful work
update soon

#76 The southernbell

The southernbell

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

Avoid him (laughs like a maiac) I'd like to see that happen!

Maddie

#77 emily briana

emily briana

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

The Dawn has been deleted, and no, i'm not in writer's block lol

But i promised i will post The Dawn again, it's going to be the same but there'll be more hapters with it lol

love

~emily~

p.s. Headed to New York for the tenth time this year, see you guys there!!!LOL

#78 Egirl

Egirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

~new reader~This story is amazing!
Keep up the goodwork an updateASAP

Faith xxx

#79 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

Ugh, I'm so curious now!

What did she do?!

Please update!

Emily :icon_flower:

#80 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:06 PM

Don't be stupid, Greg! -_- Ashley staying away from Eric is NOT for the best.

Trust me.

That was great, Emily. :heartbeat: Have fun in New York!

-Meg :spinstar:

#81 The southernbell

The southernbell

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

way to rub it in! do you know how many times I've been to New York? Let's count...............................................................................................000000000! UPDATE!

Maddie

#82 Anj1011

Anj1011

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:22 PM

OO what spell??
Can't wait for the next update..have fun in ny
Anj

#83 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:39 AM

Miss your updates.
Can you please update Touched By Night soon?
I like that alot, and well this one too, its just that you
hardly update the other one.

#84 lovelylady91

lovelylady91

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:41 AM

No! They belong together and shouldn't be separated. :unsure:
by the way, what did she do?
Can't wait for the next update! :D