#91 dark angel

dark angel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

OHHH, goodie, It's an update!

Haha!!! Clever girl!

Maaaybeee... then again, I like pulling a mix of expected and unexpected on people!

Hahaha. I'm smart, am I not? But then again, you will put some unexpected in there. you wouldn't want to prove me right, right? :)

“Dude, it’s not like you have anything to hide up there,” he chuckles.

“You have no idea,” I mutter under my breath, and he looks up at me quizzically before deciding to laugh once more.

That was the summit point. You gave me good laugh. I shall thank you so much. I'm sure Stewart will notice it someway. He'll just be little loyal to ALex, wouldn't he? Or else he will be murdered in his sleep by me.

~em

#92 i am obsessive

i am obsessive

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:45 AM

She's screwed.... And I'm sorry, but I love it!
All hilariosity will ensue (sp?)

update sooon!

Helen

#93 Azalea

Azalea

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:14 AM

Eeeek!

My stomach kept turning because she got me tensed and anxious whether she was going to get snapped!!

Aaahh!!

I wanna know what happens next!!

Evil update but a very worthwhile one to have waited for!! ^_________^

Update soon, Liz!!

Azzy :m:

#94 x3Luvlyf

x3Luvlyf

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

*New Reader*

Ah-mazing story
Please Update Soon!

-Twee :P

#95 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

o.O

So, what happens?!

You can't just leave us hanging like that. Tis cruel, you know.

UPDATE!

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

#96 princesskate14

princesskate14

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

YOU MUST UPDATE! I want to know how she gets out of this one. He'll definitely notice her boobs, won't he?? I mean...what guy couldn't? Lmao. But yeah...you have to update. The suspense is too great. Lol.

Much love,
Katie

#97 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

I bet he figures it out!

What I want to see is Alex going to the dance or whatever as a girl... ;)

Emily :icon_flower:

#98 Lizzy1212

Lizzy1212

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

*screams* He's going to find out she's a girl!!!!!!

Please update!!!

Lizzy1212 :D

#99 Cabot~Fan

Cabot~Fan

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

Oh wow! You need to update right away, because your readers need to know what happens... I need to know if Stewart is going to find out! And I'm wondering though, if he does find out, then maybe he could overlook it? You know, if she begged him to keep it a secret...

I don't know. I'm going crazy.

~Chelsie~ ♥

#100 Death or Chocolate

Death or Chocolate

Topic Leader

• Moderators
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:34 PM

But! That cliffhanger is evil!!
:(

#101 Haunted Forever

Haunted Forever

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

I think I want Stewart to win.
Cause he's just so amazing.
My favorite.

Yes. I'm in love with a gay man. Leave me alone.

#102 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

Cause he's just so amazing.
My favorite.

Yes. I'm in love with a gay man. Leave me alone.

LMAO!!! It's okay... *pats Lucy on the shoulder* I love him too! :D

and I must admit, I love all your guys' reactions - some interesting, some amusing, all making me very warm, fuzzy, and very, very happy! ^_^

K, will reply on comments A.S.A.P.! *salutes*

Lizzy

ps - mean while, you can check out my play (that I wrote for my C.W. class) in the short-story/essay thread! ^.^

#103 Haunted Forever

Haunted Forever

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

LMAO!!! It's okay... *pats Lucy on the shoulder* I love him too! :D

>.<

*looks bashful*

Why the heck did I say win?
I meant know.

#104 a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

Yay! Yes, she might. She might very, very, very much.

Yeah, haha. Crazy girls. Just desperate for a date, eh? And thanks for all your support! *huggles*

hahah -huggles back-

you are SUCH a grand perfect author. i. heart. it. one cc though. funnily isnt a word. so youd just say funny. other than tht it was amazing. hahahah so funny. but my goodness! what could have happened?

susssspppennnssseee. ahahahah

and i just read your play with blake and mercedes. PERFECT! i would love to see that show. it was soo good.

i hope you write more soon and share it with me

youre the best

<33

~ :mgturtle: Kiwi :mgturtle: ~

#105 HoplessRomantic02

HoplessRomantic02

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:32 AM

Im suffering from lack of update withdrawl! you have to update soon! I dont think my heart can take it! Do you want to be the death of me? Do you really want my blood on your hands?

MiMi xx

#106 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

Lmao! Clerks must think he/she is sick. lol
Aren't her hips gonna be noticeable?

Cerra

Oh! and update ASAP

#107 vannygirl

vannygirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

Um...bump...bump...bumpity bump bump. Come on, I'm like dying here without you!! Touch my face, it's cold!! Blood's already stopped coming into my face!! Next, it'll be my arms, then my legs...then I'll need a funeral!

Vanny :heartbeat:

#108 Cell Phone Girl

Cell Phone Girl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

Wow, that sounds like it should be a bumper-sticker or pin! "I need me some Luke". XD I like that! Okay, on the way! Aye-aye, Capt'n Nicole! ;)

Haha, my friend Devon drew a picture of "me" as a pirate. "Notorious Nicole, hide your booty!"

I love the update. A girl cross dressing as a guy dared to cross dress. Good stuff.

Can't wait for the next one!

-Nicole

#109 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

UPDATE! More later!

There was a hesitant knock at the dressing room door, followed by an even louder knock.

“Alex?” asks a tentative Stewart. “Are you okay in there?”

“Ye-no..” I want to say it… except I’m sobbing too hard so my answer sounding like a broken violin string playing.

“Alex?” This time Stewart sounded more alarmed. “Can you open up, what’s the matt…”

His vocal chords suddenly lose their ability to produce sound even before his mouth stops moving.

“Saint Mary and Joseph!” He eventually exclaims under his breath as he stared for a good long minute.

I turn scarlet enough to be mistaken for a stop sign, my red face matching the same shade of red in my eyes– if the reflection in the dressing room mirror was anything to go off.

“Oh, I get it!” He throws his hand behind his head, attempting to laugh. “You stuffed the front of you dress, Alex. Clever, I…” his voice trailed off. He notices my flimsy bra on the ground, as well as my chest-binding.

I turn an impossible shade of red.

“They’re real,” I whisper, only loud enough for the fly on the dressing room stall to hear.

“What?”

“I said…” my face twists as my voice cracks. “I said,” I try again. “Those are real… I’m… I’m…”

My sobs cut my words off. I rush towards Stewart, who, at a loss, finally puts his arms gingerly around me.

I cry it out for a while, soaking out his navy blue shirt. After a pause, he goes sits me down at the waiting area chairs, his arms still around me. “Alex,” he says, but it feels like there should be a question mark after my name, like he isn’t sure what to call me.

“Alex,” I mumble affirmatively.

“Alex…” he tries, and finally gives up and asks, “Why don’t you start from the beginning?”

So I do. Going through everything, all the details – how I hatched the whole plot, my crush with Luke, Rick’s Rick-ness, Ellie’s plans to come here....

By the time I finished, his eyebrows go from being furrowed over his eyes to being high on his forehead.

“And… and I don’t know what to do,” I finish hopelessly.

It was strange, how light, how relieved I was feeling, dumping it all out… allowing myself to share my secret with someone.

Stewart’s face turned into a scowl as he tried to think of an answer. He stared at his open palm for a moment, as if the answer lay written there, if only he could read it. “So…” he said slowly after a while. “I’m in on the secret now, too.”

“Yeah,” I nod sadly.

“But honestly, Alex – I don’t know what made you think of this as your only option, I mean, you could have done something else much more simpler than dress up and… well, did this.”

“And lose my chance at notoriety? Never!” I say audaciously with a humorless laugh, before sniffling again.

He ruffles my hair with brotherlike affection and leans back in his seat exhaustedly.

“So what do we do now?” I prompt him.

“Now,” he sighs a groan, leaning forward on his forearms on his knees. “Now, we take this opportune moment for notoriety – let me get my camera.” He gives me a wry smile.

“You must be joking.”

“Come on! What happen to all that ‘failing with style’ you were talking about?”

I feel a cool sweat drop down the middle of my spine. “You mean you’re going-”

Setwart shakes his head. “No, I won’t expose your secret, Alexandria. Although,” he gives me a hand as I rise. “If you want to take advice from a guy, I say just be who you are and don’t hide your true self.”

“Ah… so a la Mister Rogers,” I shake my head in suppressed humor. “But I’ll take your advice into account,” I nod diplomatically.

We take the pictures, which we promise never to share with anyone, and just tell them we got booted out of the store for asking the clerk what her bra size was in relation to “mine”.

Then Stewart gave me the biggest surprise of all by bringing the gorgeous dress to the register and asking the lady to ring it up. Never mind the strange stares, I gaped at Stewart.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I demand, incredulous.

“Why, buying a present for a friend,” he winks.

“No! No way!”

“Aw, what’s the harm? I already know your secret.”

“Yeah, you do – and I don’t plan on sharing this particular information with anyone else, thank-you-very-much!”

“Who says you have to tell them anything?” Stewart shrugs, handing the clerk his father’s credit card.

I point to the dress emphatically. “That’s not exactly going to help me keep my secret, Stewart.”

“Fine,” he shrugs in a lofty voice, with the undertones of a challenge. “You don’t have to keep it in your dorm. I’ll keep in my dorm closet – although heaven knows a transvestite homosexual isn’t the most unique archetype.”

I throw my hands up in the air and give a frustrated growl before snatching the dress from the surprised clerk, who’d been watching our back-and-forth for some minutes in horrified curiosity, and glare at him. “Fine! I’ll keep it… but if anyone… and I mean anyone finds out, you’re so dead, Stewart Malcolm Jacobs the Third!”

“I dutifully take the responsibility on my shoulders,” Stewart nods.

I stomp out of the department store, fuming, Stewart right behind me, laughing his head off.

Preview for next time:

The dress had been hiding at the bottom-most drawer of my shelves for about three weeks when another bomb blows up in my face. This time, in the form of a female friend.

:D

OHHH, goodie, It's an update!

Hahaha. I'm smart, am I not? But then again, you will put some unexpected in there. you wouldn't want to prove me right, right? :)

That was the summit point. You gave me good laugh. I shall thank you so much. I'm sure Stewart will notice it someway. He'll just be little loyal to ALex, wouldn't he? Or else he will be murdered in his sleep by me.

~em

lol!!! Yes, very smart! ;) But unexpected hilarity must ensue, or else I'm doing you all very great disservice as a comic ryter.

*New Reader*

Ah-mazing story
Please Update Soon!

-Twee :P

Hi there! Nice to meet you! :mgwave: Welcome!
Thanks!

hahah -huggles back-

you are SUCH a grand perfect author. i. heart. it. one cc though. funnily isnt a word. so youd just say funny. other than tht it was amazing. hahahah so funny. but my goodness! what could have happened?

susssspppennnssseee. ahahahah

and i just read your play with blake and mercedes. PERFECT! i would love to see that show. it was soo good.

i hope you write more soon and share it with me

youre the best

<33

ooh, woops! :blush:

Hehe, thanks by the way! Aww... you're so sweet! ^.^

Im suffering from lack of update withdrawl! you have to update soon! I dont think my heart can take it! Do you want to be the death of me? Do you really want my blood on your hands?

MiMi xx

Noo!!! Noo... don't die on me!!!

Um...bump...bump...bumpity bump bump. Come on, I'm like dying here without you!! Touch my face, it's cold!! Blood's already stopped coming into my face!! Next, it'll be my arms, then my legs...then I'll need a funeral!

What have I done!!!??? Quick! Get the ER guys!!! *hot ER nurse guys come out and try to revive both Mimi and Vanny* Don't die on me yet!! My main characters haven't even kissed yet!!!

Haha, my friend Devon drew a picture of "me" as a pirate. "Notorious Nicole, hide your booty!"

I love the update. A girl cross dressing as a guy dared to cross dress. Good stuff.

Can't wait for the next one!

-Nicole

LMAO!! That's Clever! ;) Yep, more later!

-Liz

#110 x3Luvlyf

x3Luvlyf

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:05 PM

Looooved the Update!
Yayyy!! There's more!!!

-Twee <3

#111 a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

that was soo good

finally someone knows! ahaha and the dress thing was funny

ohh michelle knows. -dances around-

or shell do something. cant wait to read it. please update soon!

please please please

<3

#112 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:23 PM

Haha, I knew he was going to find out! :D

And I take it that when you say, "My main characters haven't even kissed yet!" That means Alex and Luke are GOING to kiss. Soon. ;)

Awesome update!

Emily :icon_flower:

#113 Cabot~Fan

Cabot~Fan

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

The last update was fantastic... Stewart is soo awesome for keeping her secret!

~Chelsie~ ♥

#114 Haunted Forever

Haunted Forever

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:33 PM

You know. I think you like making me fall in love with a gay man.
Cause you made it happen more missy.
Gar.

And thank you for making him find out. That made me happy. >.<

#115 Azalea

Azalea

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

“I dutifully take the responsibility on my shoulders,” Stewart nods.

Lmao. I LOVE Stewart!! Such a noble gay man.

Ahh, yes, I love gay men. They give you the best comfort when you need them, lol. In the sense as a good friend, I mean. :P

Anywhoo... I can't wait to read the next update!! Bah! The preview ish making very anxious Liz-chan!! XD

Please update soon...!!

#116 noleey

noleey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

That was great! Stuart's such a sweetheart :heartbeat: ! I love the thing about a 'transvestite homosexual' :P

Nicole :D

#117 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

LMAO! Are the guys going to be able to tell she was crying, cause if she is like me the parts around her eyes will get kind of red and her eys will look a bit watery.

Cerra

#118 dark angel

dark angel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:20 AM

AW, man. So the secret's out, soon it will make things more funny. I can't wait to see Stewarts expression while the guys go around clueless. Ellie's coming! Everything is building up to this dance thing!

~em

#119 Goa_Grl

Goa_Grl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:23 AM

eeeeek

santasticly fabulous

update soon

Amber~CleverTurnip :wub:

#120 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

Awesome update. I'm glad that someone knows. Good for Alex.

However, this seems like it's going to sort of blow up relativley soon.

Once one person knows, it's only a matter of time before the next.

Love,

#121 i_love_books_alot_

i_love_books_alot_

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

Yay Ellie is coming! Who happens to have the same name as me...
Loved that update! Stewart is so sweet!
Update please!

:heartbeat: Ellie

#122 vannygirl

vannygirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

*starts breathing again* *looks in amazement* It's...It's...AN UPDATE!! *holy music*

#123 RnBPrincess

RnBPrincess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:09 AM

Haven't been here for a while..
Yay! Stuart knows! Oh the poor clerk...must have thought they were going crazy! I mean, two guys arguing over a dress is kind of scary enough, let alone one of them is talking about 'transvestite homosexuals'. LMAO. It was PRICELESS, Liz!

.::Azza::.

#124 xxluv heather wells bksxx

xxluv heather wells bksxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

Ohmigod the update was so funny, please update again soon p.s. can't wait to hear more about this dance...and Luke getting twenty boxes of chocolate from girls wanting to go to the dance with him? He must be one special guy...
xoxo~Ione~xoxo

#125 HoplessRomantic02

HoplessRomantic02

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

Im so happy someone knowwwwwwwwwwwss! Yayyyyyyyyy updatee!!
I shall live, but FYI Im on life support. I need another one.
If I was one of the 7 dwarves I'd be Greedy (and proud of it :P)

MiMi xx

#126 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

update, hello?

ASAP, Please?

Come on, I wanna know what happens.

Cerra :krakrani:

#127 Intentlistener

Intentlistener

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:22 AM

I'm back!!!

I loved the updates, LIz, they were awesome!!

Luke and the boxes of chocolates, hmmm, it seems backwards, somehow.

But who cares?? He gets chocolates!! The food of love!!

Life is so unfair.

Anyway...Liz, my life is very, very, very slow right now--you have no idea how much--and I need some vicarious fun, so please, try to update!!!

Malinna

#128 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

lol, I'll see what I can do! ;)

Actually guys... er, I was planning on posting an update for Christmas... *cough* as it is December 26, that goes *that* idea out the window. Hehe *nervous laughter*. Truth: I wrote a little bit, but I want to find a check/stopping point before I put it up.

I'll get to work on it now, though, and see how far I can get, and then post it up (along with comments! ^_^).

K!

MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS, By the Way!!!

#129 a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

Im excited. cant wait for the update! ad merry christmas!

<33

#130 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Kiwi!! ^_^

The dress had been hiding at the bottom-most drawer of my shelves for about three weeks when another bomb blows up in my face. This time, in the form of a female friend.

I was in the library, studying for my accounting test that Friday when Peter rushed up to me, red-faced and out of breath. I immediately snapped closed my book at look up at him, “What’s up, Peter?” I ask just as I notice John run up behind him. Those two had been like peas in a pod for the past month – much to the ever chagrin of Cecil, who’d been a Dynamic Duo with John before.

“You’ve gotta come to the main office, Alex! It’s… it’s horrible!”

John nodded like a bobble head on speed from beside him. “It’s terrible… awful… someone got hurt and…”

I am on my feet faster than you could say ambidextrous (or spell it, for that matter). “What? What happen? Who-”

“Just hurry! Come on!”

I shove my books into my bag and sprint along with them to the school’s main office. I rush past the receptionists, who stop what they’re doing to stare at us, started. I glance at them quickly. If there was something the matter it would show on their faces, but neither of them looks exceptionally distressed, only surprised by our appearance.

Pete and John lead me to the principal, Dr. Roister’s office, where I see the door is shut. Oh, God, this can’t be good! The blinds are down from his office window too… what- what did that mean?

I knock on the door, lightly at first... then harder.

“Yes, Miss Connie?” Dr. Roister calls out the receptionist’s name.

“It’s me,” I clear my throat. “It’s me, Alex Lambkins… I heard you wanted to see-”

“Alex! Come on in!” He answers immediately.

I turn the copper knob and open the door, filled with trepidation. I see someone else is already occupying the chair in front of Dr. Roister’s mahogany desk. I step closer, curious. Then it hit me.

It was bad. It was worse… it was awful…

It was Elle.

She turned around, and once she took one look at me, her lips broke out into a broad, classic-Ellie mischievous smile.

I hurry forward, ready to explain everything and anything – prepared to get on my hands and knees, even.

“Dr. Roister, I can explain everything! I can-” I frown.

He waves his hand away in front of me, not looking up. “You don’t have to explain anything, Mister Lambkins, I perfectly understand! Ellie told me everything!”

“Everything!?” I squeak at Dr. Roister. “Everything?” I repeat and glower hard at Ellie, who is still smiling, but now more impishly.

“Please, do sit down,” he offers, and I cautiously do, feeling like I’m sitting on a plane of fragile glass.

I look up again curiously at Dr. Roister, who hasn’t looked at him since I walked in. He honks his nose in a white handkerchief, bearing red thread the initials M.are. That’s when I realize the man was weeping. “You don’t have to explain a single thing, Alex!” he says again, dabbing his eyes with the same handkerchief. “Miss Brown told me all about her parents from Finland - God rest their souls! - and now about her dear Aunt Bertha, too!...” Here Dr. Roister paused for another peal of tender sobs. “How you… oh, you are too good to her, Mr. Lambkins! Such a cousin! No wonder she dotes on you so much!”

“Cousin?” I turn to Ellie in wonderment. I lean to the side while the principal is immersed in his tears to whisper, “What exactly did you tell him, Ellie? And last I heard your parents were in Brooklyn, New York, and healthy enough to yell at you for talking on the phone too long.”

“Hush,” she tells me patiently. “I’ll explain all.”

“Obviously not healthy enough to keep you from coming here,” I mutter to myself as we wait out Dr. Roister’s fits of tears.

“Ah,” he says, still sniffing loudly, but folding up his handkerchief and putting it away in his breast pocket. “Yes, I understand that Miss Brown will be staying here for the weekend?”

I look over Ellie, gapping. “But of course, this is quite against school policy,” Dr. Roister stares at us sternly, as if playing Authority-Man. “However,” he lets out a tender sigh, staring at his folded hands. “In a case such as this, I find that I may overlook this minor transgression. But remember,” he drops his voice into a conspiratorial tone. “This is between us.”

“Yes, of course Martin,” Ellie says seriously. Dear Lord, my friend was already on first-name terms with my principal!

“Yeah,” I say vaguely, absolutely confused.

When we walk out of there (astonished expressions on Connie and Josephine – the two receptionists – once again), I pull Ellie to the side and demand, “What the heck is going on, and what did you say to Martin – I mean Dr. Roister – to make him go all weepy and soggy?”

Ellie folds up the Visitor Day Pass into four and puts in her front pocket, “Oh, just how my parents sent me to America in hopes of a better future, while they stayed in Finland, ice fishing… that is until the shipping accident,” she looks back at me significantly, then sighs. “After which, I was forced to live under the roof of my dear great-aunt Bertha, who, while strict, has a tender heart, and now that she’s in the hospital I have nowhere to go!” She puts the back of her hand against her forehead.

“Fortunately my beloved cousin, Alex, who has been beside me through all my heart-wrenching pain - although staying in a men’s academy, was determined to give me a place to stay, even if it broke the rules… how could I not come in to the Principal’s Office and beg that he be spared of punishment for loving me like a brother and offering me a place to stay?”

If I didn’t know Ellie for all these years, I still would have bought her (now) exaggeratedly spoken tale. As it was, I just burst out laughing. The fact that Ellie didn’t even have a Brooklyn accent (she moved from Staten Island three years ago) helped her story magnificently.

And so, my best friend Ellie, fifteen and never been outside of the East Coast her entire life, fooled my fifty-something year-old, Harvard-graduated PhD principal.

Life’s funny like that.

“At least until the weekend,” she returns back to the old-Ellie smile as she walks jauntily beside me. “So now I have a weekend Visitor Pass to hang out around here until then!” She swings her arm around as if a school filled with testosterone (besides for us and a few female faculty members) was just ‘here’.

“Hang out,” I repeat. “You, here? No, no, no,” I shake my head, sadly but determined. “Ellie, that’s not going to happen.”

“Why not?” she asks lightly. “You’re here. Besides, it’s only for the weekend – and incidentally, the same weekend as that dance of yours!”

I stop dead in my tracks.

“You… you planned to come here this weekend the whole time?” I gasp, not able to grasp the enormity of what she just had said.

“No, actually I didn’t. It was Aunt Bertha’s impeccable timing,” she smiles fondly. “Dear ol’ Aunt Bertha slipped and fell in a rather violent match of bingo – something about the lady beside her being a ‘cheat’ - and broke her hip bone. That’s when I begged Mom and Dad to visit her. They were happy to be rid of me,” she smiled brightly. “So while I was in town, I thought I’d drop by and visit my ‘cousin’!”

“You… you can’t!” I sputter, holding my hands in front of her, as if to bar her brain from having any more delinquent-inclined thoughts.

“Oh, don’t be such a spoil-sport!” she grins, moving past my arms, and opens the door we had walked to – that is, the door to my dorm.

I stare, chalk-faced. It had been so unconsciously and habitually done I had no time to think about where I was taking her.

The door swings open and sitting on the couch are John and Peter wearing matching grins when they see us walk in the room.

“You… two…” I glower, so furious I can hardly speak.

“They had nothing to do with this,” Ellie pipes in, shrugging. “However, after I told them I was a friend of yours they showed me the way to main office – they were real helpful.”

“I’m sure they were,” I say through gritted teeth – almost to the point of getting a severe case of Bruxism.

“Just doin’ my citizenship duty,” Peter saluted to Ellie with a grin which she returned. Great. The last thing I need right now was coercion between those two.

“So,” Ellie swings her hands behind her back and asks playfully, “You gonna show me your room or what?”

“Or what?” I grit while the boys hoot and howl with relish. “Oh, knock it off! She’s just my cousin!” I bark at them, easily falling into step with Ellie’s lie. I grab Ellie’s hand, literally towing her into the bedroom – at least where we could have a little more privacy to talk this whole thing out… you know, call the men and white to take her away and all that.

“Ooh, qu-uaint!” Ellie nods, giving an appraisal inspection around.

“Yeah, yeah,” I sit down automatically on Peter’s bed and burry my head in my hands.

“There,” Ellie sits down next to me, and pats my back parentally, as if she does indeed sympathize how much pain the hell she’s raising is causing me. Sympathize, but not enough. Otherwise she’s stop messing with me like this. “It’s only for a weekend.”

“Joy.”

“Where’s your sense of adventure, my dear crossing-dressing friend?” she nudges me a little.

“SHHH!!! Tell the whole dormitory, why don’t you!”

There’s a knock at the door, and in walks in Stewart, who’s saying, “Alex, so what does it mean when my brother asks me-” Stops when he sees Ellie sitting there on the bed, backtracks two steps, remembers that I’m a girl, stops again, and looks extremely confused.

“Come on in, Stewart,” I say, world-weary. “This is my friend from New York, Ellie. Ellie this is-”

“Wait! Don’t tell me!” Ellie jumps up, miraculously not bumping her head on the top bunk (I’m starting to think the bumping-the-head phenomenon is just me), fingers to her temples like she was Madame Zorga. “You’re…” some muttering under her breath and then, “Stewart! Right?”

Stewart, who finally concedes that this must be normal behavior for us (I mean, I am cross-dressing at an all-men’s academy), and sits down beside me. At that answer, he gives a formal bow saying, “That would be correct, madam.”

Ellie does a silly little victory dance. “I knew it! Ally has told me all about you guys!”

“And you couldn’t tell the other two were Peter and John?” I say accusatorily. That could have saved me the trouble of panicking – not a lot, but at least a little.

“Peter, and John, eh? Sounds so Biblical.”

“Don’t be fooled, those two are far from saints,” I mutter darkly.

Stewart just laughs.

“So, Stew, what were you saying before this happened,” I shoot a dark look at Ellie, letting her know who “this” was. She just grins, the shameless hussy.

“Oh,” Stewart looks from me to Ellie beside me, as if unsure to go on. “Well, you know how I said my brother asked if I wanted to have lunch with him today?”

“That’s right!” I hit my hand to my forehead. In the chaos of today, “I completely forgot!” I admit, ducking my head. “So what happened?” I ask eagerly, switching gears.

“Wait!” Ellie interrupts. “Is that Rick? The-”

“Homophobe,” we all chorus in response.

“Right,” she says, checking.

Stewart gives me a quick, funny look as if to say, what exactly have you been telling her? before continuing on his story.

“Well,” Stewart stares into his open palm, as I found that to be his habit when at a loss of words. “We grabbed lunch at the caf, and we sat down a different table, on our own.”

“Thank God he didn’t sit you down with his water polo buddies – that’d be like feeding you to the sharks – uh, no pun intended,” I interrupt.

“Right, that’s what I thought too,” Stewart nods. “Anyway, it was weird because it was the real first time I’d seen him and talked to him – and we actually talked like before… before…” He struggles over his words.

“It’s okay, Stewart, I understand,” I say quietly. “And then? What else happened? What did you guys talk about?”

“You know, the usual stuff: school, teachers, nothing much about home or Mom and Dad. He told me about how the water polo team might head for the state finals this year. We even talked about me, and, you know, what it’s like being uh…but there was one thing that really confused me: he was really insistent on knowing how if… homosexuality was contagious, and how I knew-”

“The prick!” I stand up – hitting my head on the upper bunk bed, of course – furious and indignant.

Stewart shakes his head, calming me down a bit. I sit back down. “The weird part was that he was completely serious. And he also wanted to know how you knew you were… one,” Stewart laughs at that. “I mean, I told him it was kind of obvious: if you’re attracted to the opposite sex! But only, when I told him this, he seemed really troubled.”

“What do you think…” I stop, dumbfounded.

“I know, huh? After all those jokes, Rick-”

“Might be…?” Ellie jumps in, with a gasp.

We burst into hysterical giggles. “It’s too… it’s too ironic!” I say.

“But do you think,” Stewart tries to say seriously, despite the fact that he was holding his side, trying not to fall of the bunk bed. “That he actually has someone in mind…?” he asks me.

“Someone? Like a guy he likes…?” as soon as the words are out, I’m as sober as a funeral attendee.

“What? You think you might know who it is?” the two look at me in burning curiosity.

Images of flour-fighting and Michelle’s visit flash like a bad movie montage in front of my eyes. “No,” I say, my cheeks and ears red.

“She’s lying,” Ellie says with a confidant, teasing smile, while Stewart stares at me like I’m a scientist who claims humans came from Mars: as if he’s not sure whether to believe me or to be skeptical.

“Anyway, I have you to thank, Alex,” Stewart graciously asks, changing the subject.

I immediately hiccup “Why”, afraid.

“Because if it weren’t for you always standing up for me – and I admit, Rick said you kind of forced him to talk to me more – I wouldn’t have a chance to make peace with my brother.”

Tears prickle at my eyes, “Stewart, don’t be redicu-”

Too late, he reached over and gave me a grateful hug.

“You’re gonna have me crying like a freakin’ dam,” I mutter, trying to be gruff.

“I don’t care, thank you,” Stewart says, pulling me back to smile at me.

^_^

The next chapter should be about the dance!! :020: (*should*, as in, how many words and events I can fit in a chapter! ;) But it'll probably carry over into the next chapter after that, too!)

Love,
Liz

PS - off to quote later, I think this post is long enough, ne?

#131 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

And I take it that when you say, "My main characters haven't even kissed yet!" That means Alex and Luke are GOING to kiss. Soon. ;)

Hum... maaayyybee!!! ;)

You know. I think you like making me fall in love with a gay man.
Cause you made it happen more missy.
Gar.
And thank you for making him find out. That made me happy. >.<

:lol: Wow, haha, I didn't know I could that! ;)

And you're welcome! ^_^

Lmao. I LOVE Stewart!! Such a noble gay man.

Ahh, yes, I love gay men. They give you the best comfort when you need them, lol. In the sense as a good friend, I mean. :P

Anywhoo... I can't wait to read the next update!! Bah! The preview ish making very anxious Liz-chan!! XD

Please update soon...!!

Seriously, huh? Anyway, chapter's up, so you can find out now what happened! :D

That was great! Stuart's such a sweetheart :heartbeat: ! I love the thing about a 'transvestite homosexual' :P

Nicole :D

lol, thought you guys might! ^_~

LMAO! Are the guys going to be able to tell she was crying, cause if she is like me the parts around her eyes will get kind of red and her eys will look a bit watery.

Cerra

Hum, good point. But I'm pretty sure Stewart and Alex would walk around in the store until it kind of faded, and she'd wash up and stuff. Gotta cover your tracks and all that! ;) But very clever point! Thinking like a detective there! :P

AW, man. So the secret's out, soon it will make things more funny. I can't wait to see Stewarts expression while the guys go around clueless. Ellie's coming! Everything is building up to this dance thing!

~em

hehe, yep!! And you're kind right: it's building up to the dance! *dances*

Awesome update. I'm glad that someone knows. Good for Alex.

However, this seems like it's going to sort of blow up relativley soon.

Once one person knows, it's only a matter of time before the next.

Love,

Oh, SO true about secrets! Once one person knows... it goes on and on...

Yay Ellie is coming! Who happens to have the same name as me...

lol!

Haven't been here for a while..
Yay! Stuart knows! Oh the poor clerk...must have thought they were going crazy! I mean, two guys arguing over a dress is kind of scary enough, let alone one of them is talking about 'transvestite homosexuals'. LMAO. It was PRICELESS, Liz!

.::Azza::.

Hehehe! I try! :blush: But anyway, yeah...

I shall live, but FYI Im on life support. I need another one.
If I was one of the 7 dwarves I'd be Greedy (and proud of it :P)

MiMi xx

LMAO!!! Nice! ;)

#132 a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:03 PM

that was wonderous. just a few corrections.

I immediately snapped closed my book at look up at him

closed should be close right?

who stop what they’re doing to stare at us, started

startled?

And so, my best friend Ellie, fifteen and never been outside of the East Coast her entire life, fooled my fifty-something year-old, Harvard-graduated PhD principal.

Life’s funny like that.

AHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAH.

She just grins, the shameless hussy.

hehehee. i like ellie. :)

he was really insistent on knowing how if… homosexuality was contagious, and how I knew-”

oh my god OH MY GOD! RICK LIKES ALEX!

“You’re gonna have me crying like a freakin’ dam,”

is that dame?

that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. im so excited for the dance. SO EXCITED. i bet alex and ellie will dance. and this is sooooooooo good.

are you nearing completion?

Happy holidays!

<3

#133 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

that was wonderous. just a few corrections.

closed should be close right?
startled?

AHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAH.
hehehee. i like ellie. :)

oops. yeah. :icon_redface: I'll make the corrections right away on my MS word! :) Thanks Kiwi for the feedback!! :D

I like Ellie too. :) In fact, I love all my characters - different degrees, but still, love 'em nonetheless.

oh my god OH MY GOD! RICK LIKES ALEX!

:D

... not telling!

is that dame?

no, I mean like... a dam. Like Hoover Dam? But I guess dame could work.

that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. im so excited for the dance. SO EXCITED. i bet alex and ellie will dance. and this is sooooooooo good.

are you nearing completion?

Happy holidays!

<3

^__^ No where near completion (yet), haven't even started - but I will, very soon! ;)

Happy Holidays!

#134 Haunted Forever

Haunted Forever

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:22 PM

Stewart shakes his head, calming me down a bit. I sit back down. “The weird part was that he was completely serious. And he also wanted to know how you knew you were… one,” Stewart laughs at that. “I mean, I told him it was kind of obvious: if you’re attracted to the opposite sex! But only, when I told him this, he seemed really troubled.”

“What do you think…” I stop, dumbfounded.

“I know, huh? After all those jokes, Rick-”

“Might be…?” Ellie jumps in, with a gasp.

We burst into hysterical giggles. “It’s too… it’s too ironic!” I say.

Please don't tell me that they're all THAT dense.

Images of flour-fighting and Michelle’s visit flash like a bad movie montage in front of my eyes. “No,” I say, my cheeks and ears red.

Oh wait. Yay. Alex isn't.
^___^

#135 a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

a_kiwi_for_your_thoughts

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

not telling? -pouts-

aww well. i forgive you. because you are so amazing. i shall forgive you.

and yes i usually like all of my chracters too-even the ones no one should like. :)

but youre plot is grand and your humor is magnificent!

please update soon.

and i get it now. dam. good. and im glad you can take corrections. they werent that big a deal anyway.

but like i said. please update soon(im sure youd argue you just did but another one would be fun ;) )

<33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users