Photo

Twins [An AAG Fanfic] [Thread 2!] [COMPLETED]

• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

Poll: TheGreatTwinsPoll (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about Twins?

1. It's brilliant, of course. <3 (23 votes [71.88%])

Percentage of vote: 71.88%

2. Well. It's not bad but it's not good either. (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

3. I'm not even going to comment on this story. It's rubbish. (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam’s POV

Samantha. Madison. Is. An. Idiot.

I mentally insult myself as I replay the scene that had happened a few minutes ago. I should have realized that Zac was Jack’s child…It was obvious now that I think about it. He even had the same blue eyes that I had…ahem…pined about when I was younger. I should have recognized those eyes after having spent several years looking at them when Lucy was still going out with him [and after that, of course].

“Argh, I’m such an idiot!” Nat exclaims, expressing what we all thought of ourselves.

“Don’t blame yourself…No-one knew,” I reassure her, trying to wipe away my guilty feelings too.

“No, really…I should have realized!” She says, shaking her head.

“Should have realized what? That Zac has the same eyes as Jack?” Alex asks, now staring at Nat curiously.

“No…No…Well, yes, that too…But you know that Zac got expelled from Horizon?”

“He did?” I ask, slightly stunned as this information hits me.

“Yes…Apparently he got onto Grace’s bad side and then Jack decided to move Zac without telling his parents…But that’s not what really happened….”

I sigh as I realize what had happened with Zac’s educational move.

“So…Jack must have moved Zac to Adams Prep! But…why? Why did he have to move Zac?” Alex asks, looking confused.

“Because…evidently Zac knew the truth about his parentage. And Grace didn’t? Maybe he was trying to keep Zac from telling Grace so it would be easier for him to keep Grace away from Rebecca,” I answer as everything starts to make sense.

“I guess…Well if we want to find answers to our questions then we’re going to have to start reading these,” Nat says, still looking guilty, holding up the diaries.

I nod and carefully pick one up and examine the first page. This was one wasn’t exactly a recent diary…It was written around the time that Zac moved schools…:

Dear Diary,

I was talking to Jack the other day and he says that he needs to find a way to keep Grace away from the truth. Apparently that fool of a girl, Rebecca, is still annoying Jack. She wants Grace back! What is wrong with her? Doesn’t she realize that there’s no way that Jack’s going to give Grace back? Jack loves Grace and Rebecca just wants to get her back so she can abuse Grace more?

- Beth xx

Ok…wait…Rebecca abused Grace? That doesn’t sound right…In fact, it sounds like Jack’s been lying to yet another person.

Dear Diary,

Jack has a plan. He says he’s going to transfer Zac to his old school: Adams Prep. I don’t have any objections…Not that I would act upon them if I did…I need Jack.

I did wonder, however, why Jack didn’t move Grace instead…I mean, Zac’s always been his favourite child…The child that he thinks will go further.

But I trust Jack. He never goes wrong.

- Beth xx

That sort of makes sense…Why didn’t Jack move Grace?

“Nat, Alex…Come over here and read these,” I say, gesturing them towards the two entries I had just read.

As they finish reading, we exchange looks…Maybe we could use this information to convince Beth that Jack wasn’t on her side! I flick through the following pages which didn’t contain much useful information until my eye catches on a very long entry:

[A/N- The ____ in the following entry represents David’s surname.]

Dear Diary,

Jack told me his plan! Yes, that plan involving Zac moving to Adams Prep [he’s quite happy there, by the way]. You see, Jack decided to keep Grace at Horizon because of what Zac had told him! Zac had let slip that his Science Partner was named Natalie _____! Of course, _____ was the surname of the President when I was a teenager…And coincidently, that was the surname of David, Samantha Madison’s husband. Well, he was her husband anyways…Jack told me that he finally managed to divorce them by proposing to Sam and then running away with the twins! Apparently Sam nearly fell for his proposal and David got angry…Such a clever plan.

So yes, Jack did some research on Natalie _____ and he found out that her picture matched one of the girls in Rebecca’s [yes, my ex-best friend] wedding photo! That’s why Jack had to move Zac…Because otherwise Natalie might recognize him or Zac might tell her the truth.

Jack’s planning revenge on Samantha Madison…

…I don’t think he ever loved me. I think he loved Samantha more.

- Beth xx

“Zac saw Nat. That’s why he was moved...” I say, passing the diary entry to them.

“That makes perfect sense! Ok, I’ve got more on the plan,” Alex says, when she’s finished reading, passing me another diary:

Dear Diary,

Guess what? At 10.00am I’m finally going to be able to help Jack in his master plan! You see, Mrs. Graham was actually one of Jack’s spies! [Well, she’s a teacher at Horizon too…] This morning, she overheard Alexandra and Natalie telling Grace to meet Rebecca at the park at 10! And obviously she told Jack…And then Jack told me and said that I was to meet him in the park at 10 and we would ambush Rebecca and David. He says that we’re going to take them to my old house and then keep them there. Apparently we’re going to hold them there until Samantha comes [which, Jack assures me, she will]. And then he’s going to make her choose between him and David!

If she chooses ‘correctly’ then Jack will let David and Rebecca go and they’ll get married!

And of course…if she chooses ‘incorrectly’ then Jack’s going to torture David...And I get to torture Rebecca! Plus, if this happens then Jack’s going to get Grace to come and watch.

- Beth xx

PS- I’ve told Zac about all this so if the twins come by our house then he can stall them until it’s all over.

Great…So the final decision is mine…I sigh as I re-read the entry for the third time. I had no idea what I was going to do.

“Wait…If Zac was supposed to ‘stall’ us then if we turn up…” Alex says as her face looks cunning.

“Yes! Now all we have to do is to get out of here…” Nat replies, imitating the same expression as Alex. With ease, I must add.

#47 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

Ok, that's all the Twins chapters I've written so far...45 actually. :o

Um, I'm currently working on the next one so please be patient!

#48 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:14 AM

Ok, um. I should have the update ready for this afternoon...

In the meantime...*feels deserted*

#49 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

I'm here =)

Wow, I thought I'd missed alot from 47 posts, but breathed a sigh or relief when I saw it was you reposting!

Yay, can't wait for the next part =)

Joanne xXx

#50 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

^ Haha. It's kinda sad that I managed to use up a page by myself. [Of course, I could have merged the chapters together...but that would have taken longer].

#51 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:03 AM

Don't you have to make a new post anyway, after you've typed so much?

Hmmm... :blink:

Joanne xXx

#52 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:11 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natalie’s Diary, Friday 5th April

“I’ve got it!” I exclaim, as an escape plan suddenly comes to mind.

“What? Tell us!”

“Ok, what we do is we pretend that we can get out via the window or something. Hopefully, Zac will come and move us to a different room.”

“But…what if the other room is even worse?” Alex questions, thoughtfully, still leafing through the diaries.

“What if we write a letter?”

“A letter?”

“Yeah…Like this:

Zac,

Change of plan. If the twins go to our house, bring them to us at you-know-where immediately. DON’T stall them otherwise Jack’s going to get angry. When you get them to you-know-where, hide them but make sure they can still see what’s going on. Jack wants to hurt the twins as well as their parents! It’s genius!

- Beth xx

PS: If Samantha comes to our house, bring her STRAIGHT to Jack.

“Perfect! Now we can follow out Nat’s plans!” our mother whispers, smiling at us as she puts the letter on the floor in a position which was impossible for someone walking through the door to miss.

“Guys, I’m pretty sure the window’s not locked…Come over here and have a look,” shouts Alex theatrically.

“Ok, ok, I’m coming. Be a bit quieter though, Zac’s going to hear you!”

“Hm, yes. I agree…It doesn’t look like it’s locked. Nat, Alex, help me push it open.”

“Ok, on three…One.”

“Two.”

I pause as I hear a scuffling noise outside the door. The plan had worked! Zac was opening the door!

“Stop right there. I’m moving you three.”

“No! Don’t move us!” I plead, trying to sound like I meant it.

“Nice try, Natalie. Come on, out.” He ushers us out towards another room.

“Wait…Did you read these?” He questions, holding up one of Beth’s diaries

“No, of course not…Why would we?” Our mother answers, calmly.

“Good. It’s none of your business anyway. Now, move.”

As we leave the room, I see Zac pause and pick something up from the floor. Something that looked familiar.

Perfect.

I watch as he reads the letter, his face changing from being smug to downright horror.

“Is something wrong?” asks Alex, her face innocent.

“No…I mean, yes…I…Change of plan. We’re going to my old house.”

“Your old house? Why?”

“Because…I…Let’s just go.”

Natalie’s Diary, Friday 5th April

As we arrived at Zac’s old house, Zac’s composure got worse. He was now shaking in what seemed like fear…Jack had obviously punished him badly in the past.

“Ok…We’re here.
Natalie, Alexandra, you two are coming with me…Samantha, you’re going upstairs and then to the door on the right.” He orders, though his voice trembled slightly.

I glance at my mother who still had a calm vibe about her. If I was in her shoes, I would have been so nervous about the decision that I had to make. I mean, come on, Jack was pure evil.

“Girls, I’ll see you later then,” she says, before walking up the stairs boldly. As she reaches the top of the stairs, she shoots us a look that clearly said: It’s up to you now.

I watch her retreat and exchange glance with Alex. I had no idea what to do now that she was gone.

“Follow me,” Zac commands, going up the same staircase that my mother had just went up. However, instead of going right, he paused and went through the door on the left.

“Nat, what are we going to do?” Alex whispers, as we follow Zac, our hearts pounding quickly.

“I have no idea! I really don’t…But we have to save them. We can’t let Jack win!”

“Ok, hide here. You should be able to see everything that’s happening,” Zac says, with a laugh.

His statement was completely true. The room seemed to have a passageway across to the other room though there were plenty of things we could hide behind. As Zac left the room, his footsteps echoing behind us, Alex and I hid ourselves to listen in on the conversation.

“So, Samantha, you finally came.”

“Yes, I did…Where are they?”

“Sam, over here. You shouldn’t have come,” says a voice which I recognized to be Aunt Rebecca’s.

“I had to, didn’t I? I have to save you both!”

“You didn’t have to. Sam, I sacrificed myself for the twins. Please say that they, at least, are safe,” murmurs Dad, the tone of his voice making tears well up from my eyes.

I didn’t think he would be too pleased if he realized that Alex and I were right behind a bookcase, listening to every word.

“Of course they’re safe. I’m not stupid! I wouldn’t bring them here,” lies my mother, her voice serious.

As she said that, her eyes flicker to the passageway where we were hiding. Maybe it was a sign that we should wait until the right time before making our appearance…The surprise element of Alex and I turning up suddenly was our only hope.

“Let them go, Jack. Please.”

“Well, I will if you do something for me. It’s quite easy, actually. All you have to do is say that you love me and accept my proposal. If you agree, I’ll let them both go. Though if not, I’ll let Beth take care of Rebecca, David and…maybe, if I’m being nice, I’ll throw in Grace too. And I’ll take care of you…the hard way.”

I shudder as I hear Jack’s words. He was disgusting, he really was. This was going to end quickly if Alex and I didn’t figure out what to do…Should we make our appearance now or was it too early?

“So, Samantha…Will you marry me? I’ll give you ten seconds to think about it. It’s polite, after all.”

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, --”

“STOP.”

I jump as I hear Alex’s voice shouting from next to me. She stands up after quickly motioning for me to stay down…What was she planning?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, yeah. What do you think? =]

It REALLY is near the end now. =(

Sorry for the dodgy spacing as well...I can't seem to fix it.

- Tiff

#53 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

Oh my god, its a new thread and an update?! I go away for about three days and I get this? YAY!

And the update was great! But now I have to wait ages until I find out what everyone's reaction is going to be. Hmph.

Do you have a thing for cliffhangers on Twins, Tiff?

Oh and just so you know I voted for the top one in the poll. Duh.

Love Jade :icon_sunny:

#54 zara

zara

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:31 AM

^_^ please Update soon i'm new but i love your story Update! Update!

#55 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:09 AM

Jade- Haha, where did you go? I thought it was weird that you didn't stalk the thread...And no, I don't actually have a thing for cliffhangers.

Zara- Hey! Welcome! =] I will update soon...Cough. =]

#56 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

Where's Joanne? :o

Hm. I only have three readers. :o

#57 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

Firstly I went to my friends house for two nights and then my dad's.

And secondly I have no idea why Joanne isn't here. Did you post on the Post Here If You Update thread?

#58 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:26 AM

Here, here, here =)

My internet was playing up, so by the time I read this yesterday, the connection cut out, so I couldn't post!

G-are-are-are-are-are-eat update! (Frostie's Tony-style! Lol.)

[Tsk. Stupid chatspeak filter. Oh well.]

Oooooh.

You just made us more eager to know what happens next!

Joanne xXx

#59 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:57 PM

Jade- Nah, I didn't post..I'll go post now though.

Joanne- Haha, hey! =] Hahaha, apparently it was a cliffy...

Ok. I seriously need more people to read this. =/

#60 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

Ok, guys.

Um...Well, I'm planning on about 3 more chapters. [around, anyways].

It's kinda sad, really.

#61 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:59 AM

I didn't realise you made a new tread until I went to my controls and so it locked, then I had find it. The things you do for a good story.
Anyway update, soon. i waited months for that update!

Sammy :P

#62 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

^ Haha, well at least you're here now. =]

#63 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:56 AM

So, the end is near...=[

When did you start writing Twins, Tiff?

I saw you posted it here on Jan 1st, but you said it was on the AAG section of the old boards...so yeah...how long ago did you start this?

Joanne

#64 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:36 PM

28th Feb, 06

=]

#65 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Aw, wow.

For ages then...

You've got endurance power! I would've totally given up way before now!!

Joanne

#66 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:38 PM

28th Feb, 06

=]

God. I could never write a story for that long. I admire you, Tiff.

#67 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:22 AM

When's the next update coming, I'm completely bored.

#68 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:36 AM

^ Um. Not very soon.

I have to update FGDTM and [maybe] Luke first. =/

I'll try though.

#69 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:08 AM

Hmmm, I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to have to wait a couple of years for this next update.

#70 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

Lol, me too.

#71 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

Are Tiff's threads...wilting?! Like a flower?!

Hmmm..

I think an update will bring revival!

Joanne.xxxx

#72 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

Aww. They are dying, aren't they?

Oh well. I'll update soon...

#73 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:14 AM

*tear*

Kind of.

I bet that update will liven them up though!

:D

Joanne.xxxx

#74 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

Oh well.

Twins is nearly over anyway.

*cries*

#75 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:37 AM

I know I will cry when it's over, but won't you be kind of glad once you've finally finished it? I know I'm happy whenever I finish a story of mine...

#76 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

Well, yes...I'll be kinda relieved that I finished it. But I'll miss Nat and Alex.

[that is, unless I decide to have a sequel. I'm undecided.]

#77 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:23 PM

Just bumping this up to say Twins is next on the update list. =]

[which means, yes, FGDTM is updated]

#78 sammyz

sammyz

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:48 AM

How fast is this update going to take, an hour, a day, a week and month, a year, a century?

I'm going to go for a year.

#79 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

I'm going for a century.

[ok, yeah. Sorry. I really am trying...I updated FGDTM a few days ago. Go read that instead. :)]

#80 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:45 PM

Currently writing Twins update.

What IS Alex's plan? =o

[well, obviously I know.]

#81 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

^Ummm, no idea, lol.

And come on guys, please don't hassle Tiff out too much. I mean she does have three great FF's as well being right in the middle of her yearly exams.

The update will come eventually and when it does it will be great, and totally worth waiting for.

#82 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:20 AM

And come on guys, please don't hassle Tiff out too much. I mean she does have three great FF's as well being right in the middle of her yearly exams.

...Cough. I have two FFs and I'm not in the middle of exams.

Haha, now I just feel lazy. But I will write an update this weekend...or I'll try to anyway.

#83 dancingstone

dancingstone

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:37 AM

Well, you know. I was just trying to be supportive, lol.

#84 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:08 PM

Haha, yeah...

I'm trying my best. Honestly.

#85 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:13 AM

NEARLY CHRISTMAS! Woop!

Do you think you'll get this finished by then Tiff?

How many chapters left, again?

Joanne..xoxox

#86 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:59 PM

Yes! Christmas!

Um, I will probably get it finished by then. After all, I'm not really doing much this x-mas so I can write. =]

I reckon there will be about 1 - 3 chapters left.

But meanwhile, I've got bio coursework, another history coursework, french written, french oral, spanish oral, chem test...ARGH. =[

#87 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

Whoa, good luck with them..

[ Just spotted the last post on the Luke thread.. HA - JADE! ]

:lol:

1/2/3 Parts Left?!

:blink:

Wooooow, well I'll be looking forward to the ending.. not that I want an ending.. I want to read the climax!

Joanne.xoxox

#88 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:15 PM

Alex’s Diary, Friday 5th April

I know that what I just did was stupid and reckless but I had to do something. I couldn’t just let my mother be threatened to choose between marrying Jack or letting herself and everyone being tortured. So that’s why I did what I did. That’s why I jumped up and shouted: "STOP."

“Alexan—Alex! What…What are you doing here? Sam, what is she doing here? You SAID that the twins weren’t here!” my father says, burying his head into his hands with a groan.

“Beth! How did they get here? How?” Jack exclaims, looking furiously at Beth.

“I…I don’t know. I’ve been here with you the whole time! No-one else knows where we are…Excep—No, no-one knows.”

“…WHO ELSE KNOWS?” Jack shouts, so loudly that it causes me [and everyone else in the room ] to jump.

“Z—Za—Zac.” Beth whimpers, suddenly looking smaller and more vulnerable than ever. There was no doubt now about how Jack managed to get her to run his errands for her: She was petrified of him.

“Where is he? Where is that boy?”

“I’m here. I brought the twins here like you told me to!” Zac enters the room, his face bewildered.

“No-one told you to bring the twins here. NO-ONE, do you hear me?”

“But—But there was that letter. That letter that was addressed to me…That letter that…” His face freezes in shock as I smile at him smugly.

He had no idea that the letter was a trap. And now, Jack’s plan had been interrupted.

“Where’s the other twin? What did you do with her?” Jack hisses, his voice filled with anger and hatred.

It made my back feel as though cold water had been poured down it and I pitied Beth immensely for having to put up with him everyday.

“I—I—I don’t know. I brought her here too…I—I’m so—I’m so sorry!” Zac says, his face filled with fear and his body shaking.

“FIND HER.”

Zac runs out of the room, tears literally streaming down his face. Despite the cowardly action that this might have been, I guess that I could sympathize with him. If Jack had shouted like that to me, I doubted that I would be able to hold a straight face either. Jack was REALLY scary when he was angry…

Jack turns to me, his face turning back to its usual unfazed confident appearance and smiles at me:

“So, Alexandra…You’ve decided to join the party? You’re no better than your mother or your father. You’re all scum. You hear me? You’re all SCU—“

Before Jack can finish his sentence, I walk straight up to him and slap him.

…Yes, I, Alexandra Madison slapped Jack Ryder.

“Alex!” My mother gasps in shock but grins at me once she recovers.

My father, however, doesn’t say a thing but instead, seems to be looking steadily towards the bookcase where Nat is hiding.

…Did he know where Nat was hiding?

“—You’re—You’re going to live to regret that, Alexandra Madison. Mark my words, you’re going to live to regret that,” Jack glares down at me, the part of his face where I had slapped him going gradually red…

I open my mouth to retort with a sarcastic, witty comeback [well, alright, I’m exaggerating here…What I was going to say consisted of lots and lots of…well…profanity.] but before I could answer, Zac walks back in, his face streaked with tears.

“Jac—Jack…She’s not where I left her. I don’t know where she is!”

“Oh well, it doesn’t matter. I don’t need her…One twin is enough.” Jack replies, smoothly.

My father turns away from where he is still staring at the bookcase and looks at me, distraught.

“Alex…Do you know where Nat is? Do you?” He questions me, his eyes searching my face anxiously.

I stare at him and suddenly realize what he wanted me to do. He had figured out that Nat was hiding behind the bookcase and I assumed that he had mimed a message to her when Jack was preoccupied. Our only hope now was to reveal that Nat was in fact, behind the bookcase.

“Nat, come out.” I say, raising my voice so that she could definitely hear me.

…No-one answers.

I frown at the bookcase where Nat should have been hiding before walking towards it. She must be hiding there…I mean, where else could she have gone? Zac had been looking for her!

However, as I reach the bookcase, I realize that my greatest fear had happened. Nat wasn’t there.

“She’s—She’s not here.”

“Ok. That’s enough…Stop playing games with me, Alexandra. Tell me where she is.”

“I—I have no idea where she is! She was here, I promise!”

Of course, promising Jack something was not a good thing but at that time, I was too busy worrying about where Nat had gone to.

“Jack, she’s telling the truth.” My mother says, filled with concern.

“So? Like I care! Why should I care where the other twin is?”

“Because, Jack, she could be calling the police.” My father explains, calmly and at the tone of his voice, I realize that he must have told Nat to hide somewhere else.

Jack freezes as the meaning of my father’s words hit him and he turns towards Zac once more.

“Zac, FIND HER. If you don’t find her, you’re no longer my son.”

“O—O—Ok! I’m go—ing.” Zac says, his voice trembling.

“So, Samantha…I might as well end this quickly just in case the police do come. I think I’ll be nice and give you five seconds to choose between marrying me or a lifetime of torture.”

1, 2, 3, 4,--

And then, amazingly, we hear Nat’s voice:

“5.”

“Nat? Is that you?”

“Yes.”

Nat enters the room and behind her, I see a team of uniformed police officers looking at the situation grimly.

Game Over.

------------------------------------------------------------------

And that, guys, is the end of Twins. [Well, no, there's going to be an epilogue. But still!]

Hope that the ending wasn't too disappointing and horrible!

- Tiff

#89 Hugs*&*Kisses

Hugs*&*Kisses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,818 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

Awww.. tis over =[

At least everything was kinda okay at the end.. I thought Nat had actually gone.

Ahhh well, we shall see what happens in the Epilogue!

Can't wait to read it =]

Oh and I liked the "Game Over" bit at the end.. !!

Joanne.xoxox

#90 tango_pepperoni

tango_pepperoni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

=[

Twinsss...Aww.

You know, I just realized...I spaced the story out really REALLY badly. Only about a week has gone by during the whole story.

Lmao. [but hopefully, no-one noticed.]

So...I'm not really sure what I'm going to do after the epilogue. Hmm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users