Photo

Teardrops On My Guitar

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

Poll: Teardrops On My Guitar (95 member(s) have cast votes)

How is it?

1. Awesome! I love it! (85 votes [89.47%])

Percentage of vote: 89.47%

2. ...It's okay (6 votes [6.32%])

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

3. It stinks (4 votes [4.21%])

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#496 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

(Only) Emily,
Spoiler
Many thanks!

ali :D

#497 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!!

*hyperventilates*

REALLY?!

No way!

Awesome!

I'll get on that right away, Ali.

Emily (excessively happy one) :icon_flower:

#498 Lannfo75

Lannfo75

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

This is has been a story I've been meaning to read for forever. And seriously, I regret not reading this sooner.

I loved this, Emily! It's every girls dream to get to meet the guys of her famous band. And it's every girls fantasy to actually date him and stuff. Lucky for Amy, she got all of that, plus recovered from her surgery. I love happy endings, and this one was perfect, with Parker asking her to join the band and all. You definitely have to write a sequel. :)

~Lauren

#499 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

Thanks so much, Lauren! That really is how it started for me... as a fantasy. I'm glad you liked it.

Unfortunately, I don't think a sequel for this story will ever happen. Too many other stories that I love.

There are my others, though, if you're interested. My TT, Letters Long Unread, is probably most like this story. If you like vampires, there's Dark Secrets (it's finished), and more straight-out fantasy is Memories Never Fade, though it's permaneantly on hold and might have been deleted by now. And, if if you like mystery, my latest, Proud to Be an Aspie, is out there too.

Haha, yay for shameless advertising! ^_^

Emily :icon_flower:

#500 m0nkey_luvs

m0nkey_luvs

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

Never Been Kissed club

Also joining.

-Anna

#501 Avalon-Princess

Avalon-Princess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Finally got around to reading this Memily.

I have to say that it is amazing how much your writing has improved from this to PBA. You have grown so much as a writer.

And I don't think that you should write a sequel (don't kill me other peoples!). I think it ended at a very nice spot. Half the beauty of an ending of a story that you read is that you get to imagine what happens to the characters afterwards. In some cases, that is not so good. But in this case, it is lovely. You can just see Amy up on stage with the guys, having the time of her life.

Much ♥,
State Buddy!

#502 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

I know, right? It's crazy. This story is like a little kid's writing, while PBA is now. And it's only been two years since I started writing this.

Exactly my thoughts... I'm glad someone else agrees with me. And with the different maturity levels of my writing then and now, I doubt I'll ever write one at all. I'd have to completely redo this story first, and I kind of like it as is, no matter how much I think it sucks now.

Thanks, state buddy!

#503 Avalon-Princess

Avalon-Princess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

Crazy indeed. While I was readin git last night and earlier today, I was like, "Wow. She really has improved. A lot." Not that the story was bad. You just write a different way now. So congrats on the improvment.

Yeah, they would be in two completely different atmospheres if you wrote a sequel now. I like the way it is too.

#504 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

Haha, Jak. No need to sugar coat it. I know this story sucks, it's okay. :lol:

Yeah, it would be so incredibly different. Besides, I've fallen out of touch with these characters, so everyone would be like, "Who are you and what have you done with Amy?" Lol.

#505 Avalon-Princess

Avalon-Princess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

No, it doesn't suck. It's just not something I would normally pick up and read. As you said, it's like a little kid wrote it. But that doesn't make it suck. Honestly, if it sucked, I wouldn't have read it. Even though it's your story.

Haha. Yeah. It would kind of funny in a way. But as I said, I don't think that it needs a sequel.

#506 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

To be honest, it's not something I would usually write. My style has changed a lot, too. There's hardly any description in this story at all, lol. And yeah, it definitely is like a little kid wrote it. Even though I was thirteen at the time... Thanks for the vote of confidence, lol.

I don't either. At all.

#507 Avalon-Princess

Avalon-Princess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

lolz. Well, look at it this way, if one of my stories sucked, would you read it? It's the same way with this. I probably would have started to read it, but not have finished it. But because it didn't suck, I read it. It had a good plot, and (if you felt like it, which you probably don't) you could probably rewok it so that it was better. But I say we just let it lie for now. Or maybe forever.

#508 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

Deal. And yeah, I would do the same.

No, I'll probably never revisit this story.

I guess the plot was okay. A bit cliched and completely not me, but okay. Everything else, though...

#509 Avalon-Princess

Avalon-Princess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

Sometimes cliched plots are the best though. As long as the characters are unique and memorable that is. Thinking about what you have written recently, it really isn't you. Except for the country part. That's totally you.

I can relate with you about the not revisiting thing. One of my first stories that I posted on here I will probably never go back to. I never finished it though. I just got tired of it. It wasn't that great either. So I just asked to have it taken down. It's still on my flash drive though. I can't bring myself to delete it.

#510 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

This was an amazing story. I enjoyed reading it a lot. Can't wait to read your other stories.... -Nikki :icon_sunny:

#511 Reader the Fish

Reader the Fish

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

AMAZING STORY!!!!! You are a wonderful writer and I hope you have a sequel to this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users