• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#91 HoplessRomantic02

HoplessRomantic02

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

In my world: Josh died because he was bitten by rapid dogs :D! Yah, I think I like that world. I like it a lot actually. Love your story. Cant wait for the next update.

-MiMi

#92 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

Rabid dogs? Hmm... I ususally go for the killer poodles...haha.

But I don't think I'm going to kill him...buuuuuuuut....

Nope. Can't say anything else.

Thank you everyone for reading! I'm going to post the update as soon as I can... probably either later today or tomorrow!

:icon_flower: Yz

#93 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

Oh man. I can't believe how much I missed!! :o

And it's all SO good!

Seriously, Macy needs to remember Kyle.

That note he left her? So sweet *melts* :love7:

Josh is acting like he wants Macy to get jealous, because hes hanging out with Brooke. It's kind of sad that hes going through all that, when theres really no hope for him, which annoys me incredibly.

*waves goodbye to Josh* He deserves Brooke. <_<

Can't wait for the next update!

-Meg :spinstar:

#94 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

who says the note is from Kyle???

tee hee.

#95 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

That is evil! :o

It HAS to be from Kyle!!! Seriously. It has to. :(

-Meg :spinstar:

#96 *JC 90210*

*JC 90210*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

NEW READER!! I think it was Kyle who left the note...he is the only other person who knows of the tree house except her dad. It has to be him. Please update so I can find out!

*JC*

#97 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

YEAH! New Reader!

Who knows who the note is from, really?

Oh. Me.
hehe.

well, here is the update!!
Enjoy

_____

Chapter 15

The next day of school went by quickly. This was probably because I was focused of the night ahead of me. A night filled with mini golfing jocks and there ditzy cheerleading girlfriends.

Why did I find this so bad, a few weeks ago I would have been happy to go, it was what Josh and I did. We were the couple. I just had to shake my head and get over whatever I was going through at the moment.

At the end of the day I met up with Josh on the front stairs of the school. When he saw me we grabbed me around the waist and pulled me close to him, kissing me hard on the lips.

“I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever!” He said when he let me go.

“I know!” I hoped he couldn’t hear the falseness in my voice.

He leaned forward and kissed me again. I kissed him back, but it didn’t feel right. Suddenly I felt some one’s eyes boring into me. My eyes snapped open and what I saw was Kyle staring at me sadly from behind Josh.

I saw him shake his head slightly then walk away.

I pulled away from Josh. “Sorry, it’s just that, you know, we’re kind of in the middle of all these people…” I trailed off.

“No one’s paying attention to us, don’t worry about it.” He leaned towards me again.

”Josh, I said no. Not here anyway. Let’s just head to your house.”

I yanked my body out of his grasp and started down the stair and towards his house.

I could hear his footsteps following me.

“Macy Louise, are you okay? I mean, you’re acting a little weird, did you fall again and hit your head or something?”

I shook my head no. “I’m feeling fine. Sorry. I didn’t mean to be so mean back there.” I nodded my head in the direction of the school.

“It’s okay babe,” he said while wrapping his arm around my shoulders. “You’re entitled to some b*t*hy days.” He smiled at me as if what he had just said wouldn’t have offended anyone.

I looked away from him. “Yeah.” My voice was soft and nothing like it usually was. I couldn’t bring myself to say anything else.

“So, what do you want to do when we get back to my house?”

I shrugged. “Doesn’t matter to me.”

He nodded. “We’ll think of something to do.”

We walked the rest of the way to his house in silence.

We were walking up the walkway when we heard the yelling.

“DO YOU HONESTLY FEEL THAT WAY JACK?” It was Mrs. Greene.

“HONESTLY I DO, JOANE.” Mr. Greene shouted back.

Josh stopped in the middle of the walkway. “Ah, maybe we should just go for a walk.”

I nodded.

We could still hear them fighting as we turned and walked in the direction of the park.

Josh was almost jogging away from the house and it took a lot for me to keep up with him.

When we got to the park he finally slowed down.

“ARG! I HATE THEM!” He bellowed suddenly.

I jumped. “You don’t hate them…” I said quietly.

“And how would you know? Huh? It’s not your dad who just slept with a girl half his age, is it?” He was still shouting.

“No.” I would have given everything to disappear at that moment.

“So you don’t know ANYTHING about how I feel!” He kicked at the grass.

“I’m sorry, I’m was just saying…you may think you hate them, but it’s not them you hate, it’s there actions.” I murmured.

“Macy Louise, please just, SHUT UP!” He started walking away, and I didn’t follow.

I felt tears burn my eyes, and I just stood where I was, letting them roll out of my eyes.

I probably stood there for ten minutes before Josh came back into view. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my shoulder. I resisted the urge to push him off.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” He muttered into my shoulder. “I just…you’re right.”

“I know.” I said so softly he probably couldn’t hear me.

He stood up. “We should probably start back, I think my dad will probably be gone. He’s usually the one to leave.”

I nodded. “Okay.” I followed him out of the park.

He slowed as we neared his house. I could almost see him trying to hear if his parents were still fighting.

When we got closer we heard nothing.

Once inside we heard sniffling coming from the kitchen and we walked towards the sound.

Mrs. Greene was sitting in the middle of the tiled floor crying softly to her.
“Mom, are you okay?” Josh asked softly as he took a tentative step towards her.

She started. “Oh, yes dear. I’m fine. Just take your little friend upstairs, why don’t you?” She quickly started to wipe her eyes.

“But mom…” Josh started.

“I said GO UPSTAIRS Josh.” Her voice cracked and I could tell she was going to start crying again in a minute.

“Lets just go upstairs, Josh.” I said, trying to take his hand and pull him away from his mother.

“NO.” He hissed.

I dropped his hand and took a step back. “O-okay.”

“Go upstairs. I’ll meet you up there in a minute.” He said sternly.

I just nodded and walked away.

When I came to the stairs I almost didn’t go up them. The back door was right beside them and I was tempted to just walk right out, but my feet led me up the stairs and into the first door on the right; Josh’s room.

I had been in that room so many times before, but never alone. I looked around, suddenly noticing pictures of Josh and his parents that I had never noticed before. I picked up a frame with an old picture of a very little Josh and his dad holding up a huge disgusting looking fish. There was a big smile on both their faces.

“What are you doing?” I voice said from behind me. I whipped around to see Mr. Greene standing in the doorway with a brief case.

“Josh invited me over and he’s down stairs with Mrs. Greene and he told me I could come up and wait in his room and then I saw this picture and I thought it was really sweet and I was just looking at it.” I said in one breath.

Mr. Greene blinked, said, “Okay” then left the doorway. I heard his heavy steps on the stairs then the door as he slammed it shut.

I took a deep breath and immediately regretted it. It smelled like gym socks and other sweaty/dirty things.

I sat down on the edge of Josh’s unmade bed and waited for him to come upstairs. I was starting to zone out when something pink caught my eye. It was sitting on his desk and stuck out like a sore thumb. I looked back to the door and when no one appeared there I got up and picked up the pink thing. It was a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

Call me!
343-493-4528
Brooke <3

“Hey babe, what are you looking at?” I jumped as Josh’s voice filled the silence that had encased the room.

“This.” I showed him the pink paper that had Brooke’s phone number on it.

He smiled. “She gave me her number in case I needed homework help again.” He said as walked towards me. “Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean anything.” He stood behind me and as he spoke he slipped his arms around my waist and set his chin on my shoulder. “I’m going out with you, why would I want to call her?” He started kissing my neck and I pulled away.

“What?” He said harshly.

I rubbed my neck where he had kissed it. “You know how I feel about you kissing my neck, it just feels so weird!” I lied. I didn’t mind when people kissed my neck, I just minded when he did.

“Oh. So what if I kiss you…here.” He leaned forward and kissed my lips.

“That is okay.” I said, with a fake smile.

He kept kissing me and soon he had pulled me to his bed. His kisses where getting harder and harder and he was starting to hurt me, but he was also lying on top of me so I couldn’t just move.

I turned my head but instead of him stopping he started to kiss my neck. I moved my hands to his chest and pushed.

“Josh, you’re hurting me!” I managed to say.

He pushed himself off of me. “You never had a problem with me doing that before!” He said pointedly.

“I still don’t have a problem with you doing that, but you were really hurting me!” I massaged my lips.

He snorted.

“What?” I said as I took my fingers away from my still sore lips.

“I don’t know, you’ve just been acting really weird lately.” Josh said as he sat up.

“What are you talking about, Josh?” I said, also sitting up.

“Ever since that guy came you’ve been so distant!” He said the word “guy” with so much distain that my eyes widened.

I took my hand and put it on his rough cheek. “Josh, I didn’t notice that I was being distant or anything. I’m sorry.” I leaned forward and kissed him gently. “I only pushed you off of my because you were hurting me, I’m being completely honest with you, I promise.” I said with our lips only millimeters away.

His arms wrapped around my waist. “Okay, I believe you Macy Louise, and I’ll be more gentle next time.” I felt him smile under my lips and he went back to kissing me.

But as I kissed him back only half of my heart was in it. The other half was focusing on another person.

Josh’s hand was moving up the back of my shirt and I was about to stop him when his phone rang. Saved by the bell.

Josh jumped up and grabbed his phone to answer it. “Yo.” He said into the phone.

I sat up and straightened out my shirt, waiting for him to get off the phone and tell me what was going on.

“Yeah…. yeah…okay…. we’ll be there…when…okay…see you then.” Kyle was saying into his phone.

He closed his phone and sighed. “Everyone’s going over to Jackie’s to eat before mini golf, so I guess we’re going too.” He shrugged.

I nodded. “Okay, are we leaving now?” I stood up.

“Yeah. Everyone is pretty much already there; they thought that we had already known that everyone was meeting up there. Did anyone tell you?” He asked.

I shook my head no. “Oh well, we better get going.” I walked towards the door and grabbed his hand when he didn’t move. “Come on!” I smiled at him.

Oh. Was I a great actress or what?

______

What did ya think?

Oh, I do hope that it was good.

#98 *JC 90210*

*JC 90210*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

I don't think Macy likes Josh at all anymore. She's falling for Kyle. BThat was a nice long update but it didn't say anything about the note...I want to know!! I still think it's Kyle.

*JC*

#99 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:11 AM

It's wonderful!

Please update soon!

Love Sophie

#100 .:zebz_book_gal:.

.:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:18 AM

Brilliant!
I really think that Kyle wrote the note!
I found one little mistake though:

“Yeah…. yeah…okay…. we’ll be there…when…okay…see you then.” Kyle was saying into his phone.

Shouln't it be:

“Yeah…. yeah…okay…. we’ll be there…when…okay…see you then.” Josh was saying into his phone.

It was great anyway!
Update soon!

#101 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

.:zebz_book_gal:. : thanks for pointing that out. I always do that for some reason, mix up the names of my characters I mean.

I did that in another story I wrote...

anyway.

The note will be addressed, just in later chapters.

But don't worry, it will be addressed. :a_smil08:

I'll either update later today or tomorrow, but it'll be posted soon!

#102 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, another update!

thanks Yz.

Cerra

#103 .:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:53 AM

.:zebz_book_gal:. : thanks for pointing that out. I always do that for some reason, mix up the names of my characters I mean.

I did that in another story I wrote...

anyway.

The note will be addressed, just in later chapters.

But don't worry, it will be addressed. :a_smil08:
I'll either update later today or tomorrow, but it'll be posted soon!

Ha!
Yeah same here!
Can't wait for an update!

Bean_x

#104 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

So here's the update!

I hope you like it!

____

Chapter 16

When we got to Jackie’s I wasn’t surprised to see the majority of the football team and cheerleading squad sitting at the back half of the coffee house. Not that anyone was really drinking coffee, they all just ordered a cup to look cool, but never actually drank any of it.

Josh and I walked back to where they were sitting hand in hand.

“I’m going to go get a coffee, you want anything?” I said to Josh as he started to high five some of the guys.

“Oh, I don’t want anything, hurry back though.” He pecked my on the mouth and I walked away, but not before I heard the catcalls of the football team.

I walked up to the counter, already knowing what I was going to get.

“Hi, I’ll have a mocha frappacino light please.” I said while digging through my pockets for the ten-dollar bill that I knew I had in them. When I looked to hand the worker the ten-dollar my mouth fell open.

“Kyle? I didn’t know you worked here!” I almost shouted, for it was Kyle who was the worker whom was getting me my mocha frappacino light.

“Yeah.” He said quietly. “Um, just give me a second, I’m going to get your coffee.” He turned around and started fixing the coffee.

I was in shock. Kyle turned around suddenly and that’s when I realized I still had my mouth open. I quickly closed it.

“Whipped cream?” He asked.

I shook my head yes and he turned back around. I laid the ten-dollar bill on the counter.

Kyle turned and set the drink on the counter. “That’ll be three fifty.” He said as he punched a few buttons on the cash register. Was it just me or was he punching those buttons a little aggressively?

I pushed the bill towards me and he yanked it out from under my fingers. After giving me my change he glared past me at the table of jocks I was going to go back to.

“Have fun.” He muttered.

I nodded and grabbed my coffee. “Thanks.”

I turned without another word but I couldn’t stop my head from turning and looking back at Kyle, but he had already turned around and was wiping up the already spotless counter where the coffees were prepared.

I took a sip of my coffee and smiled. There was chocolate in it, even though I didn’t ask for it because it always cost extra.

I walked over to where Josh was sitting and when I didn’t see a chair I sat on his lap.

He wrapped an arm around me. “Hey babe.”

“Hey. So what are you talking about?” I took another sip of my coffee and smiled around the table.

“How hot you are.” Jake, one of the Josh’s friends, said.

I laughed. “Oh really?” I raised one eyebrow in Jake’s direction and then turned to Josh. “Is this true?”

He smiled. “Maybe.” He brought his head towards mine to kiss me, but when he was just centimeters away I brought the straw of my coffee up to my mouth and took a big gulp.

The table groaned and Jake laughed. “Shut down!” He yelled.

I laughed along with anyone else.

“Gosh, Macy Louise, you’re going to loose your man if you do that!” A cheerleader named Janine said. She was sitting on her boyfriend’s knee, just like I was doing with Josh.

“Oh, I don’t think so, you aren’t going to let me go, are you Josh?’ I said looking at him.

He pretended to think about this for a bit. “Nah. I think I’ll keep you. At least for a bit.” He smiled up at me.

Then we heard someone snort. “Yeah, until he finds someone hotter.” The voice said.

Everyone turned to see Brooke standing at the end of the table wearing the skimpiest skirt and shirt set that was ever created. The biggest thing oh her mini skirt was the tag and her shirt might have fit a two year old, and even then it probably would have been a bit snug.

“Excuse me?” I said, setting down my coffee.

“Oh, nothing.” Brooke said as she sat down on one of the football player’s laps.

I rolled my eyes.

“So what is everyone talking about?” She said crossing her scrawny little arms.

“Actually,” Harrison (one of the guys) piped up. “We were just talking about Macy Louise.”

“Her? Why are you talking about her?” Brooke’s voice was pure poison.

“Because she’s hot.” A disembodied voice said.

Brooke opened her mouth to say something when Kyle suddenly appeared. “We’re closing in about five minutes so you all have to go.” He basically shouted.

“But the sign says you close at eight and it’s only five.” A girl I didn’t really know said.

Kyle’s eyes got big. He was caught in a lie. “We close early on…today.” He said, covering the lie with a smile. I heard the collective sigh of every girl at the table who could see his smile. I fought the effort to do the same.

“Well, I guess we can just go to the mini golf place now.” Harrison said as he stood up.

I few other people nodded.

“Cool.” Josh said as I got up off his lap.

I walked over to the trashcan closest to Kyle, who was already behind the counter again, to throw out my empty coffee cup. Everyone was already walking out of the store and I saw Josh standing at the door waiting for me. I didn’t say anything to Kyle, but I caught his gaze for a second and held it, but only for a second. I couldn’t look at them to long or I would never leave.

I quickly turned and hurried over to Josh, who wrapped his arm around my shoulders in a possessive manner as we left Jackie’s. We were the last people out of the coffee shop, not that lasted long. Pretty soon Josh and I were in the middle of the crowd talking and laughing with everyone around us. For a moment it was as it had been before I had run into Kyle.

Before I had fallen for him.

Oops. Did I just think that?

____

So did you like it!

CC please!

#105 *JC 90210*

*JC 90210*

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

Yay! Macy finally admitted that she fell for Kyle!! Great update.

*JC*

#106 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

<sigh>
update soon

miss hasta

#107 .:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:29 AM

She's admitted she has fallen for Kyle!
Yay!
Update soon!

Bean_x

#108 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Hardy har har.

I'm getting so excited about this...hehe...it's getting pretty intense.

That's what I love about writing...after a while the characters kind of just write themselves...*sigh*

Oh wait. I was going to say something.

Oh yeah, I'll update either today or tomorrow...I'm not sure because I have Marching Band today...I can try though.

Yeah, so Chappie 17 should be coming your way in a bit.

#109 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

Yeah! I am in love with your story!
Please update soon!

#110 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

That was great!

I love it

Please update soon

Love Sophie

#111 annie_2011

annie_2011

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

Love the update. Update soon.

#112 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

I hope you like it!

____

Chapter 17

It only took us about ten minutes to get to the mini golf course and we were soon all playing.

During the night Brooke couldn’t keep her grubby paws off of Josh or any of the other guys with girlfriends. Gosh, I wondered what problem she had with single guys.

“Oh my god, nice shot, Joshy!” Brooke screamed as Josh putted a hole in one. I rolled my eyes and put my golf ball down, I was next in line. Brooke followed Josh to the whole where he picked up his ball. They both stood there, waiting for me to hit the ball. Then I snapped. I was just so tired of all of this.

Wow was I bipolar some times.

I pulled the club back and hit the ball. Hard. Everything went into slow motion. I saw the ball fly from the ground heading straight towards Brooke and Josh. I saw Josh’s eyes widen right before the ball knocked him square between the eyes and then bounce off his head to hit Brooke also square between the eyes. Only she staggered backward and tripped over the little rope that divided the course from the little pond in that sat beside it. I saw her arms fly over her head followed closely by the feet.

I think it might have been the splash that brought everything up to speed.

Josh was standing there holding a hand to his head and Brooke was sitting in the pond screaming her head off. Everyone ran over to see what was the big deal. I quickly ran over to them hoping that nobody would notice that I was the one who hit the ball.

A few people helped a still cursing Brooke out of the pond. Her bleached blonde hair was sopping and she was a staring dagger at me.

“You B*TCH. YOU F*C*ING DID THAT ON PURPOSE! YOU F*C*ING B*TCH!” I could tell she would have liked to use some stronger words, but there were children around.

I snorted. “Like I would hit my own boyfriend in the head with a gulf ball.” I said, even though I just had.

“Well…YOU PLANNED IT!” She shouted, her head was shaking in fury. “YOU KNEW IT WOULD BOUNCE OFF HIS HEAD AND HIT ME AND THAT I WOULD FALL OVER INTO THE POND.”

I laughed. “I’m not that smart Brooke, but really, I’m flattered that you would think I am.” Ah. The ability to remain cool headed in a time like this. It was definitely a trait that I liked in myself.

She just stood there, fuming.

“Oh, Brooke, you might want to get changed. Being wet and wearing the little amount of clothes that you have on, you might catch cold.” I smirked at her.

She just screamed and stomped off. A few of the people around me applauded.

I quickly turned to Josh, who was still holding his head. “You didn’t hit me on purpose, did you?”

I shook my head no. “Of course not! I’m sorry, I wasn’t really paying attention. How’s your head? I’m so sorry!” I took his hand away from his head and kissed the spot where the ball had hit it.

“Ouch!” He said quietly when I did so.

“I’m sorry!” I squeaked.

“It’s okay. Just, please be a little more gentle when it’s your next turn.” He said.

Everyone around us laughed.

“Okay.” I smiled at him.

Everyone began walking back to where they were before I had knocked down Brooke and Josh.

“They are such a great couple.” I heard one girl I knew was named Carla tell Janine

“I know! I hope Chris and I can be like that!” Janine replied.

I blinked back the tears that I felt in my eyes. Why was I crying?

Because I wasn’t sorry for hitting Josh. Deep down I felt, I knew, that he had deserved it.

____

I know it's a bit short, but I hope you liked it anyway!

#113 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

That was really good!

And that Brooke got what she deserved, as well as josh maybe..but i'm not quite sure what he really did? it's just suspicions right?

Update soon!

Love Sophie

#114 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Sophie, I thought that he deserved it because he was mean to Macy, in the park?

It's in chapter 15.

I figured that might happen...that people wouldn't remember why he deserves it.

Oh, and it kind of foreshadow's things to come...hehe.

#115 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

Oh yeah, i do remember that

And the fact that she thinks that he might be cheating on her...

She should torture him...torture is fun

Love Sophie

#116 bubblie130

bubblie130

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

Sophie, I thought that he deserved it because he was mean to Macy, in the park?

It's in chapter 15.

I figured that might happen...that people wouldn't remember why he deserves it.

Oh, and it kind of foreshadow's things to come...hehe.

like what?

#117 Legally_Brunette_60164

Legally_Brunette_60164

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

*New Reader* I love this story! Update soon. And I love Kyle!

Kayleigh

#118 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

bubblie130: I worded that a little strangley...what I mean is that, when she says she felt like he deserves...he does something to make it so he deserved it.

I hope that makes an tiny bit of sense.

And I should be able to update tomorrow!

Ok, Kayleigh, thanks for reading and I hope you like the rest of it! And by the way, your name is spelled in a really cool way.

#119 Legally_Brunette_60164

Legally_Brunette_60164

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

bubblie130: I worded that a little strangley...what I mean is that, when she says she felt like he deserves...he does something to make it so he deserved it.

I hope that makes an tiny bit of sense.

And I should be able to update tomorrow!

Ok, Kayleigh, thanks for reading and I hope you like the rest of it! And by the way, your name is spelled in a really cool way.

Thanks so much! I, personally, don't really like my name, so in school I'm called Nikki. It's short for Nichole, which is my middle name.

Kayleigh aka Nikki

#120 noleey

noleey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

Soo good! Please update soon

#121 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:56 PM

whew hoo! That girl got what she deserved!

:eusa_clap: Cerra :eusa_clap:

#122 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

Thanks so much! I, personally, don't really like my name, so in school I'm called Nikki. It's short for Nichole, which is my middle name.

Kayleigh aka Nikki

Okay, I can call you Nikki. That's like me and my name. My full name is Alyssa and it was annoying me for some reason, so my friend and I came up with my nickname: Yz. Which is nothing like Alyssa.

I guess I'll update while I'm here!

____

Chapter 18

After the incident no one really wanted to play mini golf anymore so pretty soon everyone one trickled away and only a few people were left.

Josh and I were one of the last couples to leave.

“I’ll walk you home.” Josh said as we walked past Jackie’s. I couldn’t help but glance inside, hoping to catch a glimpse of Kyle.

When I didn’t see him I turned back to Josh and nodded. “Okay.”

We walked in silence for a bit, his arm around my shoulders.

“Did you have a good time tonight?” Josh asked.

“Yeah. I’m still really sorry about hitting you.” I looked up at his forehead where you could see the beginnings of a nasty bruise.

He shrugged. “It’s okay. It’s not like you did it on purpose.” He smiled down at me and I dutifully smiled back at him.

“Yeah.”

We down a street and were only a few yards from my house. “I can go the rest of the way.” I said to him.

“You sure?”

I nodded.

“Okay. Good night Macy Louise.” He brought his lips to my cheek and kissed my lightly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” He said sweetly into my ear.

“Yeah.” I absent-mindedly kissed him on the mouth then continued down to my house.

Once inside I ran up the stairs and started a bath.

When feeling horrid I always found that a bubble bath made things better.

When the tub was filled I striped off my clothes and slipped into the hot water. I closed my eyes and sunk up to my chin in the water. I sat there for no less then five minutes before I heard the phone ring and the stomping of my father’s feet coming up the stairs.

“Macy Louise, Sarah’s on the phone!” I heard him say.

I groaned. “Tell her I’ll call you later!” I shouted.

I heard his low mutter and knew I would just have to call her later. I groaned and sunk farther into the soapy water, so far that I almost sucked bubbles up my nose.

I sat in the tub until my fingers looked like prunes and the water had gotten cold.

When I finally got out I slipped into my pajamas and grabbed my cell and dialed Sarah’s number.

“Hey love muffin.” She answered the phone.

I laughed. “How are you honey bear?”

“I’m good, but a little birdie told me that you went a little psycho during miniature golf tonight?”

I sighed heavily. “Are you really going to make me talk about that right now?” I said as I grabbed a bottle of lotion off a shelf.

“Um…yes.” She said matter-of-factly.

“Fine. I hit the golf ball really hard and if flew up and knocked Josh in the head and then bounced off him and hit Brooke in the head then she stumbled backwards, tripped on a rope and fell in a pond.” I took a deep breath and trapped the phone between my shoulder and ear so I could put the lotion onto my legs.

I heard odd sounds from Sarah’s end of the phone telling me that she was speechless.

“True story, and if that’s all you wanted to know I’m going to go to bed now.” I took the phone in my hand and shut it, but not before I heard Sarah trying to say something on the other end.

“But…in the pond? Oh my god.”

No sooner had I finished putting lotion on my legs then my phone rang again. I picked it up I didn’t bother to look at the caller ID, thinking that it was going to be Sarah again asking more questions about the night.

“Sarah, I told you all you needed to know!” I said, not even bothering with a hello.

“This isn’t Sarah.” The voice pierced my ears.

“How did you get this number Brooke?” I asked sternly.

“I heard it over the grapevine.” She snickered.

“What do you want?” I said poisonously.

“I want you to know that you will be sorry for what you did tonight.”

I snorted. “You called me to tell me that I’d be sorry for something I didn’t do on purpose?”

Silence. “Well…yes.”

“It’s not very threatening, you know, to tell that to someone over the phone.” I told her, yawning and glancing at the clock on my desk.

“Yes it is! I got your cell phone number! I stole it out of Josh’s phone!” She squealed.

“Oh, yes. I figured you got it from someone on the football team or cheer squad. After all, I know most of them and they are my friends.” Well, not extremely good friends, but it doesn’t stop them from inviting me to their house parties.

“But…and…OH YOU’LL BE SORRY!” She screamed.

“So you’ve said. You know what Brooke, as much as I’m enjoying this conversation I really must be going now. Tootles.” I clapped my phone shut, throwing it on my computer desk.

I jumped onto my bed and threw my comforter over my head. I was almost asleep when I heard my phone ringing.

I cringing, growling with anger. I kicked my comforter off and stomped over to my desk and snatched up my phone.

“I’m trying to SLEEP!” I roared into it, not even bothering to check the caller ID.

“Oh. Sorry.” I heard a voice say on the other end, but I didn’t care whose voice it was, I clapped my phone shut quickly and fell back into bed.

You really didn’t want to mess with me when I was tired, I could get very grumpy. Apparently my mother didn’t know that.

She came barging into my room about three minutes after I had gotten back into my bed.

“So did you have a good time golfing?” She asked sweetly, as she sat down on the edge of my bed.

I glared up at her from my pillow. “Talk. Morning. Sleep. Now.” I was unable to get out the full sentence because I was so angry and tired.

My mom continued to smile down at me. “Okay darling, but you’ll have to tell me all about it in the morning.” She patted my head and stood up.

I nodded gruffly and stuffed my head into my pillow. I waited for a few minutes before closing my eyes and letting myself relax.

I was so glad that it was Friday.
_____

Hope you liked it.

#123 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

I love it!

That was great how she was acting all innocent to Brooke and not caring about her threats, although i'm sure they'll be worse than they sound when she says nothingness. ok, that made no sense so therefore you can pretend i didn't speak. or type, or whatever.

I'll be going now...

Love Sophie

#124 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

“I’m trying to SLEEP!” I roared into it, not even bothering to check the caller ID.

“Oh. Sorry.” I heard a voice say on the other end, but I didn’t care whose voice it was, I clapped my phone shut quickly and fell back into bed.

It was Kyle, wasn't it? Oh, I know it is! <_< Darn Macy and her sleep!

All the updates were SO good!

Can you please break Josh and Macy up? Brooke can have him, I don't really care, but Kyle and Macy need to be together.

They HAVE to be together.

Update soon!

#125 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:34 PM

:eusa_clap: Yipeeeee! you updated! :D
You did great!
I feel so hyper right now! :hyper:

I haven't even eaten candy. :P

:user: Maybe, it's because I have

been on all day, heeheehee. ^_^ :lol: :a_smil08:
:mgwave: Toodles :mgwave:
:mgbumblebee:
:spinstar: Cerra :spinstar:

#126 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

Hey!

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while...I've had Marching Band Camp. It kind of sucks...

anyway.

I'll try to update either later tonight, or late tomorrow!

#127 Legally_Brunette_60164

Legally_Brunette_60164

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Some body a little grumpy, is she? Update soon.

Nikki

#128 I_LUV_THE_JESSENESS

I_LUV_THE_JESSENESS

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

*new reader*
awesome story!
Kyle is so cute and hot :P

update soon!

Sonya<3

#129 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

Well marching will help you

have nice legs. That is one

good thing to be thankfull

for, l.o.l
*Toodles*
:mgwave: Cerra :mgwave:

#130 noleey

noleey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

UPDATE SOON! :) That was awesome

#131 .:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:40 AM

Update sooooon!
I loved the update !

Bean_X

#132 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

Oh my geeze. I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated in like...FOREVER!!

Oh. And yes... Marching is very good for ze legs. :a_smil08:

Anyways...here's the update!

____

Chapter 19

The next day I refused to get out of bed until noon, and that was only because my mother yanked my covers off of my and pulled me to the floor by my feet.

I stayed on the floor for a few minutes before getting up and slipping on a pair of fuzzy blue slippers.

I stomped down stairs and flung myself into a chair in the dinning room.

“Nice of you to join us Macy Louise.” My father said, he was sitting there eating a turkey sandwich.

I just grunted and shuffled to the kitchen where I started to make myself coffee.

As I was pouring coffee into a large cup, my cell phone rang from my pajama pocket. I took a sip of my coffee before answering it.

It was Sarah.

I grunted a hello into the phone.

“Did you just get up?”

I grunted again.

“Macy Louise, put the coffee cup down and wake up.” Sarah said sternly into the phone.

I groaned. “I need coffee to wake up.”

“Good. I thought that would make you talk in a full sentence. Anyways, you want to come to the mall with me today? I have to get a dress for this dinner thing my mom is having and I figured I’d drag you along with me.”

I took a sip of my coffee before giving her my answer. “I guess, I’ve got nothing better to do. You going to pick me up?”

“Yeah, probably in about an hour and a half. Is that okay with you?”

“Yeah. I’ll see you then.” I clapped my phone shut, took another sip of my coffee and ran upstairs to take a shower.

Once cleaned I searched my closet for something to wear and settled upon a pair of red skinny jeans, a flowing white top and a pair of pointy black ballet flats.

After slipping to my clothes I started to fix my hair, drying it curly instead of doing straightening it like I always did.

I was in the process of clipping pieces of my now very wavy hair up when I heard the doorbell ring. I added one more clip, checked to makes sure that it was perfectly messy before grabbing my purse and slipping on my green chunky bracelets.

I skipped down the stairs to see Sarah standing inside the door talking to my mom.

“Hey.” I said to her.

“Hey, you ready, my mom is going to drop us off then pick us up when we call.”

I nodded. “Sweet. I’ll call you when we’re on our way home, okay mom?” I said, hugging my mother.

“Okay honey, have fun!” She handed me a fifty-dollar bill and pushed me out the door.

I stared at the bill as Sarah and I walked to the car where her mom was sitting looking impatient.

“She gave me fifty bucks!” I said. “She’s usual reluctant to give me twenty!”

Sarah shrugged. “Don’t question it, she might take it back.”

I nodded as we climbed into the car.

“Hello Mrs. Umber, how are you today?” I asked politely as I stuck the bill into my duck tape wallet.

“I’m fine, just a little stressed.” Mrs. Umber answered, and indeed she did look stressed.

“Because of your dinner party?” I asked.

“Yeah. Oh, I meant to have Sarah ask you, but I must have forgotten, do you want to come? To the party I mean. I know it’s going to be pretty boring for Sarah, so I figured she could invite you, seeing as you are one of her more polite friends.”

I saw Sarah roll her eyes at his.

“I’ve already talked to your mother and she said it was fine. You just need to get a dress.”

“Oh, yeah, I’d love to come.” I now understood why my mom had given me the fifty.

“Oh good.” Mrs. Umber said, smiling.

We all chatted about nothing unparticular for the rest of the trip to the mall.

Once there Sarah and I climbed out of the car, said good-bye to her mother and walked into the mall.

“So I was thinking that we could start in Star’s then head over to that other dress shop.” Sarah said as walked down the first hall of the mall.

I nodded. “Sounds good to me.”

We took a right and headed towards Star’s, one of the good dress shops in the mall.

Once inside we both separated and began picking out dresses. I quickly found a few that I loved.

I found Sarah, who was also carrying an armload of dresses, and we headed into the dressing rooms.

We both went into one of the larger dressing rooms and began changing into our first dress.

Sarah’s was a white halter that hit right above her knee.

“I feel like Marilyn Monroe or something.” She said, twirling around in the mirror watching the dress flare out.

I nodded at her as I pulled the strap of my own purple halter dress over my head. I gazed in the mirror at the purple halter dress with the gold detail under the bust.

“Yes, actually you do look like Marilyn, only you have longer straighter hair.” I pointed out.

“But I could cut it and dye it blonde. And get a perm.” She said, twirling so fast that the dress flew up and showed her polka dot undies.

“You do that Sarah.” I said, swaying a bit to see how the fabric rippled.

Sarah turned and looked at me. “Oh man. You look hot!”

I shrugged. “It’s okay. I mean, I don’t think it looks that great.”

She widened her eyes at me. “Are you kidding?”

“No. I’ll have to try on a few of the other ones.” I said, taking off the purple dress.

Sarah slipped out of her Marilyn Monroe dress and picked up a strapless green dress with a sweet heart neckline and a black belt under the bust.

“I like the white dress better.” I stated when I saw the green dress Sarah had pulled on. I was in the process of tugging on a tight black pencil dress that was also strapless and had a sweet heart neckline.

“Me too. This one doesn’t flare or anything fun like that, and it’s really short.” She said.

I nodded in agreement; the dress came a little higher then the middle of her thigh.

I pulled the zipper up my back and turned to the mirror.

“Wow.” Sarah said when she got a glimpse of me. “You have got to wear that.”

“I guess I can rock this.” I said, turning so I could see my back in the mirror. “You know, with a few modifications of course. I mean, this is rather short, so it could due with a pair of stockings.” I smiled sneakily over at her. “I’d be allowed to wear a color, right?”

“Heck yes. I’m thinking electric blue.” She said, smiling slyly.

“I like the sound of that, and black stiletto peep toe pumps?” I said, as I stood on my tiptoes.

“I like it.” Sarah said, as she slipped out of her little green dress. “Oh, wait. How much is the dress?”

My smile fell; I had forgotten that I only had fifty dollars.

“Oh no. You look, I can’t.” I said, turning so that the tag was facing in her direction.

“Okay.” She said soberly. I closed my eyes as she reached out and took the tag in her fingers. She screamed.

“What? How much is it?” I winced, afraid of her answer.

“It’s ten dollars.”

“What?” I screamed, yanking the tag out of her hands. And indeed, the price had started at forty dollars, then had been marked down to twenty-five, and then put on clearance for ten.

“Oh my god. It’s a sign. I am BUYING this dress!” I said, dancing around.

“Good! And I’m buying my Monroe dress, even though it’s sixty bucks.” She said smiling.

“Do you even have sixty bucks?” I said, finally pulling my pencil dress off.

“No. But I have my dads credit card.” She said.

I smiled. “Oh my.”

We grabbed our dresses and rushed out of dressing rooms.

We sprinted over to the check out desk and I threw my dress onto the table.

“Hi.” I said to the check out women.

“Hello.” She sounded tired and grumpy so we checked out quickly and walked out of the store.

We bought my electric blue stockings and shoes for both of us before stopping by the pretzel shop and buying pretzels and drinks.

“Man, I love clothes.” Sarah said, taking a big bite of her pretzel.

“I don’t like clothes, I like my dress.” I tore a piece of my pretzel off and stuck it into my mouth. “Oh, when is this party exactly?” I asked Sarah.

She looked at her watch. “In three hours.” She said, smiling at me.

“You mean we only have three hours to get ready?”

She nodded.
“Are you going to call your mom to get us?”

“Already done, we should actually be out there waiting for her.

“Let’s go then!” I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her out the main doors, just as her mom pulled up.

Party time.

______

Hope you like it!

And, oh, I know that there is a lot of things that seem very random and kind of just...thrown out there. (Such as the note found in the tree house) but you should not worry, everything gets explained in the end. :user:

#133 Legally_Brunette_60164

Legally_Brunette_60164

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:55 PM

Great update!!! I love the black dress from the sound of it. But I wouldn't wear the stockings. Update soon.

Nikki

#134 kalackamiga

kalackamiga

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

I love dress shopping. They're so fun. Wohoo!! It's par-tay time!! :D
Update!
~Alexa~

#135 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

that was great, what's going to happen at this party?

hmmm....*imagination running wild*

update soon!

Love Sophie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users