I'm glad you aren't going to close it. This really is a great story. xD

-Meg :spinstar:

#48 kalackamiga

kalackamiga

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

Kyle's back, Kyle's back, Kyle's back!! Woohoo!! :hyper: I wanna update!
~Alexa~

#49 bvrc1chick

bvrc1chick

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

Yeah! Update! Yeah! Love it! Yeah!!

-Rachael

#50 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, I had a change of heart so I decided to continue!

Here's the update!

_____

“He carried me up two flights of stairs? He must be pretty much dead right now!”

Sara’s mouth fell open at this comment. “You’re missing the entire point! He cared enough to carry you up two flights of stairs!”

I opened my mouth to say something but Josh coughed suddenly. “We’ll as much as I’d like to stay here and listen to you two talk about this I have to get going.” His voice was laced with venom.

My eyes opened wide in surprised, he never talked so harshly. “Oh. Well, okay. Be sure to come visit me tomorrow.”

He nodded and headed for the door. “I’ll try.”

He walked out of my room.

Sara looked toward the door that Josh had just walked out of. “B*st*rd.”

I just shook my head and tried to understand. He did, after all, have a lot going on at the moment.

I nodded. Sara walked towards my bed and sat on the end.

“I can’t believe he carried you.” She said sleepily. It wasn’t that late, but Sara always got tired easily.

“It wasn’t that hard. She’s fairly light.” A voice said from my doorway.

Sara and I both turned our heads slowly towards the door.

Kyle Brinkley stood there. And he was holding a bouquet of flowers.

I laughed nervously. “Oh.” I said, trying to hold of the awkward silence that threatened to envelope the room.

The silence entered anyway.

He took a step into the room and looked around nervously. He was still holding the flowers.

“Um, where do you want me to put these?” He asked, looking around. It was then that I realized that the tray my mom had brought up to me earlier was covering the only table in my room.
“Oh! Here, let me take them.” Without thinking I got out of my bed and took a few steps towards him.

My second bad idea of the day.

My head pounded for a second and my legs gave out. Everything was in slow motion. I felt myself falling toward Kyle, I saw him drop the flowers, and I felt him catch me before I hit the ground. All the while Sara was screaming.

My head was leaning into Kyle’s shoulder and his arms were around me.
“I’m gonna pick you up and put you back on your bed okay?” Even before I nodded I felt his arms tighten and my feet lifted from the ground. I shook my head slightly trying to bring my self back into consciousness.

I heard footsteps stomping up the stairs and within a minute my father and mother flew into the room, both saying something along the lines of “what happened?”

I leaned my head back; the pounding had increased. I mumbled something about water and Tylenol and Sara literally sprinted out of the room to get them.

Kyle quietly explained to my parents what had happened and then reached down to pick up the flowers he had dropped when he caught me.

“Thank you so much Kyle.” My mother whispered to him.
My dad shook his hand. “We don’t what would have happened if you hadn’t been there.”

My mom walked over and sat on my bed right where Sara had been.
“Honey, how are you now?” She asked, lightly touching my forehead.

“Tylenol!” Was my only answer. I couldn’t hear anything except the thumping that was going on inside my head. I could just visualize a little guy in there with a sludge hammer banging on the side of my skull.

“It’s here! Tylenol is here! Tylenol and water!” Sara skidded into the room, spilling a few drops of water as she did so. Her voice seemed to boom through the room.

“Arg!” I covered my head with my pillow.

“Sorry!” Sara whispered. She set the Tylenol and the water down on the food tray that was sitting on the table.

I uncovered my head and reached for them. I took the cup and gulped down half the glass before I reached for the Tylenol.

I took two and laid my head back down on the pillow.
I turned my head to look at the four people standing in my room staring at me.

“I’m sorry guys. Sara, Kyle, you guys can leave if you want to, I mean, I’m not exactly being lively today.”

They both shrugged.

Sara glanced down at her watch, then towards the door. “I actually do have to go, but I promise I will come back tomorrow right after school, okay?” She gave me a quick hug then walked out the door.

Kyle also looked at his watch. “I’ve also have to get going, sorry. Just don’t try and get up, I won’t be here to catch you.” He smiled; I melted.

“Thanks.” I said. I was suddenly getting very tired. “You know, for catching me and everything.” My eyes closed.

“It was no big deal. Just get better.” I heard him step toward the door.

“Thanks.” I repeated.

“Sleep good.” He said, and I heard him walk out the door.

My mom rubbed my arm. “He’s such a nice boy.”

I nodded. “I was right.”

“Right about what?” My father asked.

“About his name. I thought his name was Kyle and it is.”

“Oh. Well, goodnight sweetheart.” My mom leaned down and kissed me.
My father walked over and also kissed me.

I felt the bed move as my mom got up and they walked towards the door.
I was drifting off, but I could hear my parents talking.

“She doesn’t remember who he is.” My mother whispered.

“Do you think we should tell her?” My fathers low voice hummed through the air.

“No. She’ll realize it soon enough.” My mother said, and the way she said it I could tell she had a smile on her face.

That night I dreamed about two kids, one older then the other, running through the woods, hitting baseballs, and laughing and being happy. I wondered who they were.

_____

did you like it??

I hope you did!

:icon_flower: Yz

#51 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

Aww, she's going to remember! :love7: Although I don't see how she could forget Kyle. I certainly wouldn't. ;)

And poor Josh is jealous. Aw well.

Such a good update!

“It’s here! Tylenol is here! Tylenol and water!” Sara skidded into the room, spilling a few drops of water as she did so.

Haha, and I love Sara. xD

#52 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

Sara is bascially my best friend! Literally! I based her (sara) on my best friend!
haha.

I'll try and update either later today or tomorrow!

#53 krypton_gal

krypton_gal

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

*new reader*

wow!! this story is fantabulous!!!

please update soon!!!!!

:mgturtle:

#54 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

i loved it!
update soon
hasta

roni

#55 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:30 AM

here's the update!

_____

Chapter 9

I didn’t go to school the next day, instead I slept until almost noon. I would have slept later, but my mother had woken me up to give me lunch. I caught up on some reading and listened to some music for the rest of the day.
I even managed to get up without getting light headed.

And I can’t get to you
I can’t get to you
I can’t get to you

Jack’s Mannequin poured lightly out of my stereo. I sang softly with the CD loving the mix of piano and his voice. I was writing in my journal while I was singing when I heard a voice at the door.

“You know, you’re a really good singer.” It was Kyle.

I felt myself blush. “Oh. Well, I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure that if I sang any louder than that then I would break someone’s eardrum.

He shook his head no. “I highly doubt that. Anyway, how are you today? Feeling any better?”

I reached over and turned off the stereo then shook my head that yes, I was feeling better. “My head doesn’t hurt half as much.”

“That’s good, so you won’t be falling anymore?” He smiled. My heart did a back flip.

“Hopefully not.” I laughed. I closed my journal and stuck it between my bed and the wall, my “secret spot” for it. Although, it really wasn’t that secret, everyone knew where I kept it.

“Well, I just stopped by to ask how you were. I have to go though because my mother doesn’t know I stopped here. She gets pretty uptight about it. I’ll come back later if you want.” He said.

“Yeah. I’d like that.” I felt a smile tug on my cheeks.

“Okay. I’ll see you later.” He gave me an awkward good-bye wave and a half smile and walked out the door.

I fell back onto my pillow and let out a frustrated sigh. I couldn’t like him! I just couldn’t! But, there I was, starting to like him. I hit myself and told myself to think about Josh.

“Hey babe.”
Speak of the devil.
I turned my head and saw that Josh and Sara were standing in the doorway.

“How long was that kid up here with you?” Josh asked; his tone was accusing.

“Only about…a minute.” Which was in no way a lie.

“Oh. Okay.”

Silence enclosed the room.

Sara coughed suddenly. “I have your homework.” She took her book bag off her shoulders and reached inside it, pulling out a few folders and a textbook. “I’ll stay and help you with everything.” She said as she handed me the things.

Josh came forward and kissed me on the lips. I tried not to recoil. Luckily, I succeeded and he didn’t look like he noticed my sudden unwillingness to kiss him.

Sara noticed, however. She looked at me and her eyes said we-have-to-talk-when-he-leaves.

We all sat around and talked. I asked about school and both of them said that my name was all over the school.
Sara said that most of the popular girls were plotting against me because Kyle was only interested in me now that he’s “saved my life”.

Oh great, just what I needed. I bunch of angry girls with stiletto heals plotting against me.

“Well, that should be exciting. Let me guess whose at the head of the pack planning to kill me on my first day back. Brooke Howard.”

Sara stuck up her thumbs. “Ding ding ding! We have a winner!”

The head cheerleader, Brooke Howard, had always hated me, so I’m pretty sure she was happy for an excuse to attack me.

Josh shrugged. “I don’t get why you guys don’t like her, she’s always so nice to me.”

Sara and I glared at her. “Josh. You’re on the football team, of course she’s going to be nice to you!” I said and threw a pillow at him.

He laughed it off and shrugged. “I was just saying.”

“Yeah, yeah, well, just don’t say, okay?” I jokingly said.

Josh threw the pillow back at me.

“Well babe, I have to get going. I have a ton of homework to finish and I promised Bobby I would meet him at the arcade at five. But I’ll see you tomorrow. Are you going to be in school?”

I shrugged. “I think I am, it depends on what my mom says.”

Josh nodded, kissed me good-bye and then walked out the door.

“I’m going to get going too. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” She got up from her place on my bed and headed for the door. “Call me if you need any help with that homework, I’ll see ya.” She left.

She smiled at her back.

My head felt like it was about to explode, and it wasn’t because of my passing out.

______

Did you like it????

I hope ya did!

CC is appreciated!

#56 book babe

book babe

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

oh wow
its soooo good

i cant beleive she doesnt realise who kyle is

honestly

*shakes head*

please update soon

lotsa love
book :icon_study: babe

#57 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

i cant beleive she doesnt realise who kyle is

Oh, I know! But it's kind of funny the thigns you forget, even when they're looking you straight in the eyes. :)

That was really sweet of Kyle to stop by. He's definitely my favorite.

I'm still not sure if I like Josh or not...he seems kind of...I don't know. But then, his parents are getting divorced, and now his girlfriend might like some other guy...I don't know. :wacko:

Fabulous update, by the way. Can't wait for more! xD

#58 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

thank you everyone for reading!

I'll try and update soon, and I'm sorry if I can't! I'm going on vacation soon and the house we're staying at doesn't have any internet so that kind of stinks!

So I'll try and update before I go!

#59 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

Heya!

Guys, just a reminder: Please don't use funny style font (e.g. HeLlo! HoW aRe YoU?) in your posts!

Many thanks!

ali :D

#60 .:zebz_book_gal:.

.:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

**!!New Reader Alert!!**
Hey people!!
I love this story and Kyle is so cute!!
I love the name!!
Kyle. kyle. kyle.
hehe!!!
update soon!!!

xx3eb3

#61 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:08 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm back from my vacation and I will update as soon as I proof read the update!

Thanks for reading everyone!

#62 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

Okay guys, here's the update!

Hope you like it!

____

Chapter 10

That night I was surprised by a call from Kyle.

“Hello?” I said into my cell phone.

“Hey. This is Kyle, Kyle Brinkley. Your mom gave me your cell phone number…I’m actually not entirely sure why. She kind of just…handed it to me.”

“Oh. Well, she does act a little crazy sometimes…” I made a mental note to talk to my mom about this.

“Anyway, I just called to ask if you knew a girl named Brooke Howard.”

My mouth fell open. “Yeah…why?”

“I just thought you should know that she’s been talking about you…and not in a good way.” His voice sounded tense.

“Oh, well, I’m actually not that surprised. She hates me, ever since I wouldn’t join the cheerleading squad.”

He laughed. “Are you serious? Well, I just thought I should warn you.”

“Thanks, I’m now prepared.” I laughed lightly.

“Are you going to be in school tomorrow?” He asked.

“Um, I think so. I still have to talk to my mom about it. My head barely hurts any more.” Except when I’m trying not to think about you, then it hurts quite a lot.

“Well that’s good. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

I said yes. We said our good-byes and I hung up my phone.

“Why, why do you have to make this so hard!” I whispered to myself.

“Make what so hard, dear?” My mother said as she walked into my room.

“Nothing mom. Nothing.” I lied.

My mom looked at my skeptically. “Now, I don’t believe a word of that, but I’ll leave it alone because I know you won’t tell me.” She walked over and sat on the end of my bed.
I rolled my eyes at her.

“Mom, you wouldn’t understand.” I said, sticking my legs under the covers of my bed.

“Honey, I think I do, and I’m just going to say one thing. Do you love him?” She got up and started towards the door.

“Love who? Mom, what are you talking about? Whom am I supposed to love?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. You figure it out.” She had a secretive gleam in her eyes. She walked calmly out of my room smiling.

“Argh! Mom!” I shouted after her. I could hear her laughing out in the hall.

I hated when she did that.
I got out of bed slowly and got ready to take a shower. All the while I was thinking about what she said.

Do you love him?

I scoffed at the question.

“That the heck is that even supposed to mean? Do I love him? Do I love whom? My dad?” I was talking to myself in the shower. That was sad.

I thought about the question for the rest of the night, and still couldn’t figure out what she was talking about.

I soon gave up when I started to get a headache, but even as I was drifting off it was still in the back of my head.

That night, when I was deep in sleep a little voice in my head answered the question for me.

No.

_______

So, how was it?

Was it a horrible update?

Gack!

I need CC!

#63 .:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

That Was Really Good!
Update Again Soon!
By The Way, Is The Line:

That the heck is that even supposed to mean? Do I love him? Do I love whom? My dad?” I was talking to myself in the shower. That was sad.

Supposed To Be:

What the heck is that even supposed to mean? Do I love him? Do I love whom? My dad?” I was talking to myself in the shower. That was sad.

Xx3eb3

#64 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

Xx3ed3: thank you! I can't believe that I over looked that! I proof read almost three times! It was, however, very late at night... :sleepy:

Thank you though!

I'll update as soon as I can!

#65 .:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

^No Problemo!
I Do That A Lot Too!
Update Soon!

Xx3eb3

#66 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

Oh wow...I haven't updated in FOREVER!

I'm sorry for that!

So here's the update!

____

Chapter 11

I went to school the next day, but my mom drove me because she was afraid I would pass out on my way there.

The car was silent on the way there. I didn’t know what to say.
I had come up with an answer for her question, but I didn’t know what the question actually was. I figured it was no use to tell her the answer to a question I didn’t know.
It made no sense, even to me.

I got out of the car and was immediately greeted my Sara who had raced over when she saw that it was me who was getting out of the car.

“Hey! Feeling better? Well I guess you would have to be because you’re here.” She gave me a quick hug but didn’t give me a chance to say hi back to her.

“Oh. Brooke is totally spreading a rumor that you faked passing out because you saw it was Kyle and was looking for an excuse to have him touch you.” She said in a rushed tone as if to get it over with as quickly as possible.

“Figures. Oh well. I really don’t care. No one believes her lies anyway. They are so far fetched. Plus, everyone knows I’m going out with Josh, and they know I wouldn’t cheat on him…” I trailed off. Maybe because I had cheated on him? But just once, and I would never ever do it again.

Silence fell between us.

Finally Sara coughed. “Well, we should probably get inside, the bell is going to ring in a minute.”

I nodded. “Yeah, that’s probably a good idea. Hey, have you seen Josh yet?” I asked.

She shrugged. “Maybe, I think I saw him over with Bobby and the rest of the football players.” I nodded and turned in the direction of the little water fountain that we had in front of our school; it was where all the athletes hung out.
Sara grabbed my arm before I got a chance to take a step.

“We should probably just go in, I’m sure he’ll meet up with you at lunch or something.”

He didn’t.

Sara kept throwing nervous glances around the hall as we walked to our lockers.

“Sara, are you okay?”

She nodded. “Yes…no…maybe.” She shrugged and looked at me with a confused expression.

“What is it?”

“I’mtryingtokeepyouawayfromJoshbecauseIsawhimwithBrooke.” She said briskly.

I was taken aback. “What?” It had taken me a minute, but I had deciphered what she said. “You saw him with Brooke? Doing what? Were they kissing? Hugging? Cuddling?” My voice was getting higher in pitch with every word.

“I don’t know!” Sara shouted frantically. “I just saw them by the fountain and Brooke was like, all over him!”

I was fuming. “Why wouldn’t you just TELL ME?” I shouted. I was sure my face was turning an interesting shade of crimson.

“What wouldn’t who tell you?” A male voice said from behind me.

I turned slowly. Josh stood coolly behind me.

I blinked once. “Um. That you were with Brooke at the fountain?” My voice had lowered dramatically once I saw that he was there. Something about his presence always did that to me, and to be honest, I usually didn’t like it.

“What? Oh! Yeah, she was telling me how you were faking feinting just to get that new kid’s attention. She odiously forgot that we were dating!” He laughed. “She’s a funny girl that Brooke is.”

“His name is Kyle.” I stammered.

“What?”

I opened my mouth to repeat my statement.

“Anyway, I have to get to class, I’ll see you after school!” Josh leaned forward and smashed a kiss only my cheek. “Later, babe.”

As he walked away I massaged my cheeks, he had literally smashed his lips against it and it was a little sore now.

“Ouch.” Sara said.

“Shut up, Sara.” I looked down to the floor.

What was happening to my life?

_____

Sorry It's so short!
But I hope you liked it!

CC is appreciated!

#67 little rascal

little rascal

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

I loved the update. So...

Do you think you can update soon? Please?

Update soon.

Ashley

#68 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

Update!! This is fantastic!
Josh is a jerk, i think you should make them run him out of the country and have him live in a pig pen in mexico and clean out pig crap for the rest of his life. sounds good to me!

Love Sophie

#69 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

i agree with Sophie!
update soon

miss hasta

#70 .:zebz_book_gal:.

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:16 AM

An Update!!!
Yay Us!
Update Again Soon!

#71 noleey

noleey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

NEW READER!

This is really good, update soon!

Nicole

#72 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

Ah, as much as I LOVE your idea Sophie, I have different plans for Joshua the Jerk, (my nick name for him, haha) MUAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

Well, I have the next update written so might as well just post it now!

Enjoy!

_____

Chapter 12

After school Josh did indeed meet me, but who should be in tow, but the she-devil herself.

“Hey Brooke!” I said with false happiness.

“Oh, it’s you.” She didn’t even try to conceal her hate for me.

“Yes, yes it is me.” I said as I walked over and leaned my head on Josh’s shoulder. “Are you walking home, or going some where else?” I asked him in an angelic voice.

“I’m walking home, babe. Like I do everyday.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I couldn’t help but grin evilly at the look of disgust that had crossed Brooke’s face. “But Brooke is going to have to walk with us too, she’s going to help me with my science homework.” He smiled down at me, not even noticing that my grin had been slapped right off my face.

Now it was Brooke’s turn to sneer at me. “Yeah, it’s a good thing that I’m in his science class, isn’t it Macy Louise?” She glared at me.

“Oh yeah! It’s so great that you’re going to help him!” I said while glaring daggers at her.

We were in the middle of a glaring war when someone tapped on my shoulder.

I whipped around, and saw that Kyle was standing behind me. Only, he was holding his eye for some reason.

“Hey, Kyle! What’s up with your eye?” I smiled at him.

“Um, you kind of whipped me in the eye with your hair.”

I involuntarily reached over and put my hand over the one that he had on his eye.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! Are you going to be okay?” I couldn’t help but laugh a little.

He laughed with me. “Yeah. I’ll be fine.”

“Anyway, what did you need from me?” I said, still laughing lightly and taking my hand from his eye.

“Oh, well, for my English class I need to interview some people, and I was wondering if I could interview you?”

I nodded. “Sure! When do you want to do it?”

“Um, now might be good. I like to get a head start on things like this.” He smiled sheepishly.

“Oh. Okay, we can walk over to the Coffee Corner and do it, just let me say good bye to Josh and Sara.” He nodded and took a few step sin the direction of the Coffee Corner.

“Cool.”

I turned to Josh, who was talking to Brooke about something science related.

“Um, Josh, I’m going to go to the Coffee Corner with Kyle, I’ll see you later though, right?” I touched is arm lightly; knowing Brooke wanted to reach out and strangle me.

“Yeah, sure I guess. I’ll stop by your house later though, okay babe?” Josh leaned down and kissed me.

After he let me go, I skipped over to where Sara had just showed up.

“Hey, I’m going to go to the Coffee Corner with Kyle, so I’ll see you later!” I gave her a quick hug.

“Oh, okay.” She said.

I turned and walked towards where Kyle was standing.

As I walked towards him, I could have sworn that I saw him glaring at Josh, but the closer I got, the gentler his eyes became.

“Ready?” I asked.

He nodded.

We walked in silence for the first few minutes, but it wasn’t an uncomfortable silence. His hand kept brushing mine as we walked and every time it did so I felt a shiver go up through my spine.

“So, for this interview, what exactly are you going to ask me?” I asked a few minutes into the walk.

“Just some simple stuff, name, age, likes, dislikes, stuff like that.” He said smiling his wonderful smile.

“Oh. And you have to write a paper on it?” I said quizzically.

He laughed. “Actually, no.”

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. “Then what are you going to do?”

He looked down at me slyly. “Nothing. I used an interview for school as an excuse to have coffee with you.”

I looked up at him. “But I was the one who suggested coffee!”

He laughed again. “You seem like the coffee type so I figured that’s probably what you would suggest.”

My mouth fell open. “Okay, you are good. I have to admit that, but won’t your girlfriend be angry with you?” I don’t know what made me say it, it just popped out. Suddenly I find myself saying the things that I would normally say to a guy I was interested it. (I used to always bring up a girlfriend to see if they were dating anyone!)

He raised an eyebrow. “What girlfriend?”

I blushed. “I just figured that you’d have one. I mean, half of the female population is in love with you, so I figured that you had to be dating one of them.” My cheeks were burning.

He smiled. “Are you included in that half of the female population?” His bright eyes stared at me. I gazed into them and saw a secret hidden in them.

“I have…a…” I tried to say that I had a boyfriend, but I was to busy drowning in his liquid green eyes.

“A boyfriend.” He finished my sentence and turned away. I shook my head slightly, brining myself back to the sidewalk we were walking on.

The Coffee Corner was just a head of us.

“Sorry.”

“For what?” Kyle looked at me like I was crazy.

“I don’t know…”

He laughed. “Then why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything! If any one should apologize it’s me, so I will. I’m sorry.”

I looked at him. “Shut up.” I punched him in the arm.

We were both laughing as we entered the Coffee Corner.

_____

#73 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:24 AM

he loves her!
just tell her you idiot!
update soon

miss hasta

#74 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

Post more soooooonish! We need to know what punishment that Jerk Josh is going to get for cheating on her(well, i'm guessing)
and she should have made him so much more jealous when she said she was going out with Kyle.

DIE JOSH! lol

Update very very very soonish, like today

Love Sophie

#75 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

I should probably warn you that it's not really physical pain...but it's pain none the less.

Well, most of Josh the Jerks pain isn' t physical.

Most of it...

MUAHAHAHAH!

I'll update as soon as I can!

#76 kalackamiga

kalackamiga

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

What's that supposed to mean? ^^ "most of it"?? I hope you update soon....
~Alexa~

#77 bubblie130

bubblie130

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

please post more

#78 total-robness

total-robness

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:16 AM

*NEW READER*

Wow what an awsome story, loving it so far.
You're an excellent writer.
Can't wait for the next update.

Becca
:elmo:

#79 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm on vacation and the story is saved on my computer at home, therefore I don't have access to it.
I promise that I will update as soon as I get back home!

Oh, and Alexa, "most of it" means...well, you'll see.

Thanks all for reading!

#80 total-robness

total-robness

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:41 AM

Yay can't wait
Becca
:elmo:

#81 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

Enjoy!

____

Chapter 14

We chose a two comfy seats in the very back of the Corner because it was a little more private and if you were looking inside of the café then you wouldn’t be able to see us.

As soon as we sat down a tall skinny girl with bouncy blonde curls literally ran to where we were.

“What can I get for you today?” Her eyes were glued to Kyle, but he didn’t seem to notice.

“I’ll just have a regular coffee, how about you Ace?”

“Just a coffee please.” I said to the girl, but she was barley-paying attention.

“Okay, I’ll be right back with that.” She giggled girlishly and gave her hair a flirtatious flick.

Kyle shook his head and laughed quietly. “I hate girls like that. Their always so…. blah.”

I laughed, but then I remembered something. “Hey, wait, wait did you call me a little bit ago?”

He suddenly looked nervous. “What? I called you Macy…” He coughed.

“Oh. I thought you called me…oh, never mind.” I could have sworn he had called me something else. A new I remember someone else calling me a very long time ago.

The blah-like blonde was walking toward us carrying two porcelain cups on a small tray.

“Can I get you anything else?” She said as she set the tray down on the small table that sat in front of anything. And again stared straight at Kyle and flicked her hair. She also began blinking her eyes and what I assumed was supposed to be an attractive way.

“No, I think we’re fine. Um, I’m sorry, do you have something in your eye?” I almost burst out laughing as the words left Kyle’s mouth. “I mean, you might want to check that out because you sure are blinking a lot.” He smiled innocently up at the girl.

She stopped blinking. “Oh, yeah, I thought something had gotten into it when we were doing that thing back there.” An obvious lie.

“Oh, well you might want to get it checked out, you know, to make sure it’s nothing serious.” Kyle kept smiling at her.

“Yeah. Well, if you need anything just let me know.” She looked over at me with a why-the-hell-are-you-hanging-our-with-this-guy? Look. I nodded and she turned and walked away.

He frowned. “I hope that wasn’t to harsh, I should go and apologize…”

I couldn’t help but laugh a little. “Wow. You are probably the nicest guy I have ever met.”

He smiled. “Really, I kind of doubt that.”

Something suddenly crossed my mind. “Well, I kind of remember this one kid…I think. It was when I was younger, and don’t really remember who they were, but I remember them being really nice. I don’t even remember if it was a boy or girl.”

I was looking at my hands as I was saying this, trying to remember who the person was, and when I looked up I couldn’t help but notice how wide Kyle’s eyes had gotten.

“What?” I said curiously.

“Nothing. Nothing…” An obvious lie. “Anyway.” He picked up his coffee and took a sip.

I did the same.

He furrowed his eyebrows in my direction. “You drink it black?”

I blushed. “Yeah…” I set the steaming cup down. “Why are you so surprised?”

“I’ve never met a girl who liked black coffee.”

I smiled. “It makes me unique.”

His beautiful green eyes found mine. I looked away as soon as they did because I knew if I held that gaze for to long I would start falling into them.

“Josh hates the fact that I drink it black. He says it makes me to “masculine” or something like that.” I picked out the cup and stroked the lip of it with my thumb.

“Well, they do have that saying that black coffee…puts hair on your chest? It’s something like that.” He smiled and laughed a little before taking another sip of his coffee.

I couldn’t help but laugh, but I chose not to reply to his absurd comment. “Can we talk about something that’s not chest hair, please?” I said still laughing slightly.

“Sounds good to me, that is a rather awkward subject.”

We both paused to take a sip of our coffees.

“So,” I side, still holding my cup closely to my mouth, “Where did you live before you came here?”

The question seemed harmless enough to me, but Kyle choked on the sip he had just taken.

“Where’d I live before here?” He wiped the coffee spittle from his chin. “Um…Canada?”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Canada?” I didn’t believe him.

“Yeah. My mom worked there…doing…things.” Kyle wasn’t looking me in the eye.

“Things…” He quickly nodded as I said this. “Do you speak French?” It was a reasonable question, seeing as French was a prominent lanugue spoken there. I told myself that if he spoke it I would drop the subject.

He smiled slyly. “Evidemment je la fille francaise, belle!”

A small part of me sighed with relief; I didn’t want to not believe him. Although, there was that small nagging in the back of my head that told me that he had never been to Canada unless he was visiting that part of Niagara Falls. “Cool, what did you say?”

“I said ‘Of course I speak French!” He took a sip of coffee.

“Oh, okay…how would you say…kiss in French?” Again he almost choked on his coffee. I hadn’t meant to say kiss, it had just popped into my head at the last minute! Probably because I was having detailed visions of the two of us with our lips attached to one another. I tried desperately to shake the visions from my head.

You have a boyfriend! I wonderful boyfriend! I quickly told my self.

“Basier.”

“Huh?” I was still dragging my thoughts back to where we sat.

“Kiss is basier in French.”

“Oh. Haha.” I laughed nervously and took a burning gulp of coffee. I noticed that the cup was almost empty. It held only two more small sips.

I braved a glance over to Kyle and noticed that he was also staring longingly into his apparently empty cup.

I held the mug to my mouth and poured the remaining coffee down my throat.

I believe Kyle did the same.

We put both the mugs down on the table at the same time.

“I should probably get going.” I said quietly as I dug around my book bag for my wallet.

He noticed what I was doing and quickly reached a strong hand out and grabbed my arm.

“No, let me pay.” I made the mistake of looking into his eyes. I nodded slowly; I was lost in his eyes.

He let go of my arm so quickly you might of thought that I had burned him.

“Sorry.” He grabbed a wallet out of his back pocket and took out a ten-dollar bill.

“The coffee’s were only four dollars. Together I mean.” I pointed out.

“I know, but I feel bad about what I said to the girl at the beginning.” He shrugged and grinned a little.

“Like I said, nicest guy I know.” I smiled at him.

“Well, I’ll see you around?”

I nodded. “Do you want me to stay with you while you pay?”

He shook his head no, and said that I was free to go.
I said good-bye once again and walked out the door.

____

Remember the CC please!

#82 kalackamiga

kalackamiga

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

Yay, an update!! I've been waiting for one! oh my god, Kyle totally remembers her!!! Now she just needs to remember that Kyle is the nice boy! Udate again soon!
~Alexa~

#83 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

remember him you idiot!
sorry.
im just getting mad that she cant remember him!
update soon

miss hasta

#84 sophiewofie

sophiewofie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

That was really good!

You must update as soon as humanly possible!!

Love sophie

#85 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

ohh. here's the update!

and oh. THIS chapter is 14, the last update was chapter 13. sorry about that! :aiwebs_014:

____

Chapter 14

I ran home as fast as I could, not even caring how stupid I probably looked with my book bag banging against my back. I don’t know exactly why I was running, seeing as I had always hated it, but for some reason I just needed to today.

I got home in record time; I jumped onto the porch and continued to run on through the house.

“I’m going to the tree house!” I called loudly so my mother would know where I was, but I didn’t wait for her to say anything else, I was already out the back door.

I ran through the tree’s my shirt snagging on a twig here and there, but I didn’t slow.

Finally I reached the ladder that went up to the little house and I made my way up it.

Once inside I took a deep breath.

What was happening to me? Why was I feeling so…giddy? Shouldn’t I be feeling horrible because my boyfriend was hanging out with the devil and his parents were going to be getting a divorce?

I took another deep yoga breath and laid on my back looking up at the wooden ceiling. Images of Kyle swam in front of me, but they were mixed with images of Josh, both smiling at me.

I blinked, and then I saw it. Right above me, sticking out from one of the wooden boards that made up the ceiling was a little white corner. Curiosity filled me and I stood up and pulled at the little white edge.

It was a folded piece of paper with a little M written on it. I unfolded it. It was a note. I read it quietly. The print was messy, as if written by fourth grader.

M,

I know you’re mad at me for leaving, but I didn’t have a choice. My parents won’t let me live alone. They say I’m too little. I just want you to know one thing.
I think I love you Ace. Not that I really know what that really means. But my daddy tells my mommy that all the time.

I’ll miss you.
Whoever wrote the note had not signed it. I pocketed the note for no particular reason.

I was sitting back down when my cell phone started to ring. I opened it to see that my mom was calling.

“Hey mom.” I said into the phone.

“Honey, where are you? At the tree house? I thought that I had heard you say that, but when I went down stairs to check you weren’t there.”

“Yeah, I’m here. At the tree house I mean. I didn’t mean to just run through the house, but I needed to be here. I’ll come back if you want me too. I need to do my homework anyways.”

I heard my mom sigh on the other end. “That’s okay dear. I’ve already sent your father with your book bag. I’ll call when I start dinner.”

I smiled, my mother always understood me. “Thanks mom. I’ll come up when my homework’s done. Love you.”

“Love you too, honey.”

No sooner had I closed my phone then my father was calling up to me from the bottom of the tree.

“Macy Louise, I have your book bag.”

I climbed down the ladder and took it from him. “Thanks dad.”

“Your welcome. Are you okay?” He looked me in the eyes.

“Yeah. I just need some ‘girl time’.” I looked up at him and he nodded in understanding.

“I’ll just leave you to that then.” He gave me a hug and walked back through the trees.

Back in the tree house I sat and started my homework, but didn’t get very far because my cell rang again. This time it was Josh.

“Hey babe, how are you?” His voice sounded as it always did, why I had thought it would sound different I didn’t know.

“I’m good, is Brooke still with you?” I said, pulling out a pen and a notebook.

“No, she left a while ago, but I had gone with my dad to get a tie.”

“Why did you need a tie?” I absentmindedly started to chew on my pen cap.
“I have to appear in the divorce court or something like that.”

I slapped myself on the forehead for having asked such a stupid question. “Sorry.”

“Yeah.” Came Josh’s reply.

I couldn’t help but remember how Kyle had replied when I had said sorry when there was really almost no reason.

“So what’s up?” I said, just trying to keep a silence from falling between us.

“Nothing really. What are you up to?” I could tell that he was definitely distracted by something.

“Just doing some homework.” I began doodling in my notebook.

“Cool.”

Cool? “Yeah.”

A silence fell between us.

“Oh, how was your interview with that new kid?” I heard disgust in his voice.

“Interview? Oh, that. It was fun. And his name is Kyle.” I looked up from my notebook and started at the wall in front of me.

“Whatever. But he didn’t try and come on to you or anything, did he?”

“No, he didn’t come on to me at all.” Well, so it was a little of bit of a lie, but really, he hadn’t attacked me or anything.

“Oh, good. I was afraid I might have to kick his a$$ or something.” His maniacal laugh filled the line and the only thing I could do was laugh quietly along with him.

“So, did you get a lot done studying with Brooke?” I asked curiously.

His laughter stopped and he coughed. “Yeah, we got a ton of sh*t done, so it was pretty good.”

I cringed, I hated when he swore. It sounded so gross and just plain disgusting. “Cool.”

“So, anyway, babe, what are you doing tomorrow after school?”

“Nothing, why? Do you want to do something?” I began doodling in my notebook once more.
“Yeah, a bunch of the guys and there girls are going mini-golfing and you and I were invited, so I was thinking that we could hang out until we were going to go.”

I shrugged. “Sure, I don’t have that much else to do anyway. Sounds fun, so I’ll just walk home with you after school or whatever?”

“Yeah, but are you sure you want to walk? I mean, how’s your head been feeling?”

I had almost forgotten about my little collapsing act the other day. “Oh, I’m much better now, I feel perfectly fine.”

“Sweet. See you tomorrow babe.”

“See you tomorrow Josh.” I heard the small click as he hung up the phone.

“Ugh!” I half shouted then fell back, restoring to starring at the ceiling.

Mini golf. Tomorrow. With “a bunch of the guys and there girls”. Oh, I should have realized it was going to be a disaster.

_____

Hope you liked it!

CC please!

#86 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, that was great!

I loved the update.