287 replies to this topic

#1 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

So.
I know I haven't exactly finished any of the stories that I've started, but I PROMISE this one will get finished!
(after all, it's already half done!)
So.
Here's the first chapter.
It kind of acts as a prolouge too.
Hope you like it!

____

Chapter 1

“Macy Louise Burnett, get back here! I’ll catch up to you, you know!” Kyle Brinkley yelled at me as I ran through the yard, him chasing after me.
“Oh no you won’t! I’m faster than you!” My feet were leading me away from the yard, towards the woods that stood behind my house.
My little fourth grader feet shuffled through the leaves, I could here Kyle’s behind me.
“Macy!” His voice followed me; I didn’t slow.
My feet carried me to the creek, into which I fell.
Kyle came crashing through the trees but stopped when he saw me in the water.
“What are you doing Macy? I told you we had to go back! I’m leaving soon!”
I shook my head, wet hair sticking to my forehead. “You can’t leave. You just can’t Kyle!”
He bent down and helped me out of the water. “I have to go Ace. My parents are making me.”
His fifth grader hand felt so much bigger then mine.
“Who will play with me? Or, or pick me up when I fall in the creek? All the older boys never help me like you do!” Tears were starting to cloud my eye site.
“I know Macy, but I’ve got to. My parents said I had to go!”
“You can stay with me!” I sniffed.
Kyle looked sad. “No I can’t. I’ll miss you, Macy Louise.” He leaned forward and kissed me lightly on the lips.
I was stunned.
“Bye Macy.” Kyle turned around and ran out of the woods.
I would have run after him but I couldn’t move. I was crying too hard.

After a few minutes of bawling I ran further back into the forest. Running for a minute or two I came across what I was looking for.
Our tree house.
It was amazing. Our dad’s had actually made it for themselves years and years ago, but they had refurnished if for us.
The house its self was wrapped around the huge trunk of the tree and there was a small deck wrapped around that. There were even little windows placed around them.
I scurried up the little ladder that led up to the trap door that led into the tree house.
Once inside I crawled over to the beanbag chair that I had put up there.
I curled up into it, still crying.
Kyle was gone. My best friend was leaving me to go to North Carolina. My life would never be the same.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I opened my eyes to darkness and I could hear my father screaming my name through the woods.
“Macy Louise! Are you up there?”
I didn’t say anything back. I didn’t need to. A few seconds later I heard the squeak of the ladder leading up to the tree house and my fathers head popped up through the trap door.
“Macy Louise Burnett, you had us scared stiff.” He motioned for my to follow him out of the tree house. I did what I was told because I didn’t have the energy to argue.

We walked through the woods in silence. I just kept my sore eyes on the bobbing dot of light that the flashlight my father was carrying created.
He didn’t say anything either. Once we hit the grass of our yard I sprinted up to the house.
My mother was sitting on the porch waiting for me and I jumped right into her lap, new tears had sprouted in my eyes.
“Mommy, he’s gone! Why would he leave me?” I sobbed into her neck.
She rocked me back in forth whispering that it would be okay before answering my question.
“Honey, Kyle didn’t have a choice, his mom had gotten a new job.”
I cried harder and my mother started singing a lullaby.
“Hush little baby don’t say a word….”
She sang more but between the cool summer breeze and the soft voice of my mother I fell asleep for the second time that day.
I fell asleep with Kyle’s kiss on my lips.

I mourned as much as a fourth grader could mourn during the hot summer days. The day after he left I moped. I didn’t leave the house and I cried. The third day he was gone the pain ebbed, and I went outside. As the day’s passed my pain receded. Day’s turned to weeks; weeks turned to months then to years. And I began to forget about my best friend, Kyle Brinkley.

_____

Did you like it???
Should I continue???

:icon_flower: Yz

#2 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:49 PM

yes yes yes yes yes
continue
please post the second chapter
update
hasta

roni

#3 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

^^by the way
im the first one to reply!!!!
no one else can claim that

#4 sirena

sirena

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

Aww.. how.. sweetly.. poignant?

Paragraphing. Double spacing between speech too, please. :D

Kyle's coming back, right? (Of course.)

Reread what you write before posting to catch.. errors. ^_^

Post more soon! :lol:

#5 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

arg!
I always forget to double space between diolouge!
I'll do that with the next chapter, I promise.

Oh, could you point out some of the errors? Just so I know what to look for when I re-read?

Thanks everyone!

I'll try and update later today!

#6 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

That was great! Please, Update!
I mean it, This story is really good,
I can *sniffle* relate to it.
*Cerra*

#7 Esdroper

Esdroper

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

That was so sad, I all most cried. And I don't cry much. So your story is awsome!

Update soon

*Natalie*

#8 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:18 PM

here's chapter two!

(and I remembered to space out the dialouge!)

____

Chapter 2
Seven Years Later

“Macy Louise, you’re going to be late for school!” My mother called up to me.

“I’m coming!” I shouted. I looked in the mirror at my appearance and sighed. My outfit included one gray oversized off the shoulder 80’s-ish sweatshirt, one pair tight black skinny jeans and the best part, the bright purple high-top converse that I just couldn’t help but buy.

“Macy Louise!” My mother called again.

I grabbed my book bag and ran down the stairs. “I’m ready! Seesh.” I skipped the last step and hurriedly flew out the door. “Bye!”

I ran down the sidewalk meeting up with my best friend on the corner.
“Slow down Macy!” Sara Umber yelled at me as I collided with her.

I laughed. “Sorry.” We started walking.

The school was in site when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around only to be met with a kiss on the lips from my boyfriend, Josh Greene.

“Hey babe.” He said to me as he pulled out of our kiss.

“Hey.” I smiled up at him.

“Get a room.” Sara said.

I stuck my tongue out at her. “No.”

She rolled her eyes.
As we reached the school and Josh tightened his gripe on my shoulder.
“This is it. We’re entering the school as eleventh graders.”

I punched him in the arm lightly. “Don’t be so dramatic.”

He put his hand to his forehead in a fake feinting kind of motion.
I laughed and we headed into the school.

Once inside Josh gave me a quick peck on the cheek and headed down the hall in the opposite direction then I was going.

Sara, however, went in the same direction as I.

“Macy, you and Josh are so cute together! It’s not hard to believe that you’ve been dating for two years! Isn’t your anniversary coming up?”

I nodded. “Yup, we’re going out to dinner.”
She smiled. “That’s so sweet!”

At that same moment a boy ran directly into me.
“Watch it!” I yelled on instinct.

He looked up at me. “Chill out! I didn’t see you! Gosh.”
When he looked me in the eye I couldn’t help but feel that I had seen those bright green eyes somewhere else before.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to snap.”

I bent down to help him pick up the books that he had dropped when he ran into me.
“No, I should have been paying attention. I was looking at my schedule. I’m new here and frankly I’m a little lost.”

We stood up and I handed him the books that I had picked up.

“Could you tell me where room 307 is?”

“Yeah, yeah. It’s one floor up first door to your right if you go up those stairs.” I pointed to the doors behind him a ways.

“Thanks.” He nodded his head and walked away, narrowly missing a few other people.

“Wow.” I heard Sara whisper beside me. “He was…beautiful.”

And she was right.

He wasn’t hot, he wasn’t cute, he was down right beautiful. And I felt like I knew him.
But at this point in time, I didn’t even get his name.

_____

What did you think?

CC is greatly appreciated!

#9 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

oh my god kyles back!!!!!!!
please update
you must update
please
update
hasta

roni

#10 luving_all_american_girl

luving_all_american_girl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

is that Kyle?!
that's amazing!
wating for your update!

#11 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

okay, here's the third chapter!
and I never said it was kyle....but I never said I didn't!

muahahahah!

____

Chapter 3

The first day of eleventh grade was the same as every other first day of school, except for my incident that morning.

We went through our classes, but did nothing in them. I was glad to find that Josh was in three of my classes and Sara in all but one.

The boy was in none of them, which could only mean that he was either one-year-older than me, making him a senior, or one year younger than me, making him a sophomore. I was hoping for the senior.

I was glad when the day ended.

“I don’t get it, towards the end of every summer we wish for school to start, but when it does we wish it to be over! What the heck!” I was saying on the walk home from school.

Josh just laughed. “It’s just the cycle I guess.”

That was one thing I didn’t understand about Josh, why was he laughing? What I said had made perfect sense, right?

I nodded. “Yeah. The cycle.”

We passed by his house and he quickly kissed me good-bye and ran up to the door.

I was strangely silent the rest of the way home, something that Sara decided to point out to me as we neared her house.

“Dude, like, why are you so quiet? You are never quiet. Are you still thinking about that guy?”

I nodded absently. “I can’t help but feel like I know him. Like really really know him, you know?”

“Sure, but come on! Get over it! Let it leave your mind. You have Josh, don’t ruin it like that time with Brian.”

I hit her. “That thing with Brian was just a one time thing okay? I didn’t even mean to cheat on him! You’re the one who got me drunk that night, remember?”

She laughed. “Oh yeah, forgot about that.”
I snorted. “You are such a bad influence. I still won’t ever forgive you for that.” And to this day I will not have a “taste” of her special “mystery punch”.

“Anyway, just forget about him okay? You have that…look.” She said in a serious tone.
“What look? I don’t have a look.” I took a few steps down the sidewalk.

“Yes you do, you have that, I’m-planning-something-and-I-don’t-even-know-it-yet look.”
I raised an eyebrow at her. “A what look?”

She waved her arms around her head. “Oh, never mind. Just forget about him!”

“I will, I will! Gosh! He’s already forgotten! Out of my mind!” I turned and started walking down the sidewalk.

“Good!” Sara screamed after me.

I jogged the rest of the way home, trying desperately to forget about him, whoever he was. I ran inside and threw my book bag on the couch, told my mother I was going to be outside and with out slowing down ran out the back door.

I ran threw the woods, past the creek that I had fallen into many a time and towards the tree house my dad had built.

I flew up the ladder and flopped down on my old beanbag chair. I took in a deep breath, smelling the new wood from the repairs we had made and the freshness of the air.
I loved it up here.

I reached into little table that was positioned beside the beanbag chair and pulled out my journal.

I know it’s tacky, but I wrote in it everyday, out of habit.
I recorded the happenings of the day.

Then leaned back on the beanbag. I closed my eyes.

Before I knew it I was asleep, lulled by the gentle rustle of the leaves.
I had to stop doing that!
_____

Hope you liked it!

#12 rockqueenhoney

rockqueenhoney

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

Ohmygod, this is like, the best story I'd ever read on the boards so far. I'm not kidding.

This story is amazing! Please update!

_Lisa_

#13 $ Hate $

$ Hate $

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

Great story!
Please update
Xx Hate

#14 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

Aw, this is a really good story.

I used to have a friend kind of like that when I was little...My sister always used to make fun of us because she thought we were dating. ^_^

Post more soon! xD

-Meg :spinstar:

#15 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:40 PM

rockqueenhoney: I really appreciate the compliment, but some how I doubt that mine is the best story on the boards. There are many many great stories here. However, I'm very flattered.

Lazybum4lyfe06: Really? You had a friend like that? That's so cool! I never did, the idea just kind of, came to me. Haha.

$Hate$: Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it!

I'll probably update later tonight, or tomorrow, whenever it is, it'll be as soon as possible!

#16 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

update again update again
please
and it has to be kyle anyone else would be wrong
hasta

roni~im seeing pirates 3 again tonight

#17 Electric_Dreams723

Electric_Dreams723

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:56 PM

^ ^ ^Argh roni i wanna see Pirates soo bad. And you're already on your 2nd time, lucky person.

Anyway i love this story. UPDATE please!

~Aria ~ who hasn't seen Pirates yet but vows that she will before the weekend is over. lol

#18 Esdroper

Esdroper

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

Those two updates were awsome.

He's Back!!! yay!

*Natalie*

#19 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

okey dokey!
Here's Chapter 4

And thanks everyone for reading!!!

___

Chapter 4

My cell phone going off in my pocket startled me. I opened it to see that it was my house calling me.

“Hello?” I said into the phone, rubbing my eyes.

“Hun, you have to come home. It’s late.”

I looked out the window to see that the sky was turning black. “Oh. Okay, I’m coming.”
“You have a flashlight in there, right?”

“Yeah.” I said while I yawned. “Don’t worry.”

I clapped my phone shut and grabbed the flashlight that was sitting on the little table.
I crawled towards the trapdoor and scooted out and down the ladder.

I jumped the last rung and landed in the leaves. I clicked on the flashlight and nearly dropped it. In front of me the bushes had rustled, even though there wasn’t a breeze.
I controlled my breathing, which had become frazzled and headed home.

I convinced myself that it was only a squirrel or something because no one but my parents and me knew about the tree house…except…I couldn’t shake the feeling that some one did.

Once inside my mom informed me that Josh had called.
I thanked her and ran up to my room to call him back.

“Hello?” His voice was deep and perfect when he answered the phone.

“Hey! My mom said you called?” I held my cell between my ear and my shoulder so that I could grab my lap top and lay on my bed.

“Yeah.” His words were short.

“Why didn’t you just call my cell?” I tried to dismiss his churlish tone.

“Oh, I forgot the number. Sorry.”

I was taken aback. He had forgotten my cell phone number. “Oh. Okay. So what did you need?”

“Um, I just need to talk to you. Don’t worry, I’m not going to break up with you, but I just need someone to talk to.”

I sighed with relief. I thought it was going to be something bad! “Okay, do you want to meet at the park?” There was a small park located not to far from our houses and we always met there and then walked around when one of us had to talk to the other.
“Yeah. I’ll see you in five.”

I heard the beep of him hanging up his phone. I clapped my own shut.

I jumped down the stairs and told my mom where I was going on my way out the door.
“Okay! But don’t stay out to late! It’s already dark!” I heard her yell after me.
I told her not to worry, that I wouldn’t and was gone.

I ran most of the way to the park and wasn’t surprised to see Josh sitting on a bench waiting for me. He stood up when he saw me.

“Hey.” He said after leaning in and pecking me on the cheek.
“Hey. So what did you need to talk about?”

He smiled weakly. “Lets start walking first.”

I nodded and followed him to the lightened path that circled the park.

We walked for a few minutes before Josh cleared his throat—a clear sign that he wanted to start talking.

“My parents are getting a divorce.” He said bluntly.

I was shocked. “W-what?” That was like him telling me that my parents were getting a divorce.

“Yeah. I had the same reaction.” He said morosely.

I was completely speechless. “But they always seemed so happy together…” I trailed off thinking of all the times I had seen his parents smiling and kissing each other lightly on the cheek when in the kitchen—things that parents do.

“My dad…business trips…” Josh stuttered out.

Then I clicked. “You mean…he was having a…?”
He nodded.

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry.” We stopped walking.

He was staring at the ground. “It’s not like you had anything to do with it.”
I reached out and stroked his cheek. “It’ll be okay Josh.”

He looked at me. “It doesn’t feel like it will me.”
I smiled weakly.

He leaned down to kiss me, but before he could I heard some one yell to watch out and then I was on the ground, the pressure of another body on top of me.

Upon the impact I had apparently closed my eyes, and when I opened them I was surprised to see who was lying on top of me.

And to tell the truth, not exactly angry.

____

So, what did you think?

#20 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:29 PM

update again
update again
that guy better be kyle
or you will have some explaining to do!
hasta

roni

#21 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

I just realized that I made a minor error....

He looked at me. "It doesn't feel like it will be."

Just in that sentence.

Let me know if you find any more please!

#22 kalackamiga

kalackamiga

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

Hello. New reader. This is really good!! The beginning was sooooo cute!! :love7: I cannot wait for you to update, because I really want Kyle and Macy to realize who each other are!! So update asap....which is hopefuly really soon!!

#23 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:19 PM

When is your next update?
I love your story!

#24 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

My goodness, this is good. Please, update!

Gracey :elmo:

#25 book babe

book babe

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
new reader

this stories really good
i like it .... lots!!!!!!!!

please update soon

lotsa love
book :icon_study: babe

#26 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

sorry I haven't updated in a while.

I see that there are not a lot of people reading....
Oh well.

I will post the newest chapter as soon as I proof read it!

#27 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:59 PM

I heard Josh yelling something but I was to stunned to realize what it was, something along the lines of “Get off of her”, probably.

The boy pushed him self off of me and I couldn’t help but notice the muscles in his arms.
I quickly blinked and tried to get the thought of them wrapped around me out of my body.

“Get off of her, g*d da*n it!” This time Josh’s words were crystal clear.

The boy was already off my by the time Josh had screamed this, but instead of or rebutting to his comment his full attention was on me.

“I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” He held his hand out to help me up at the same time that Josh held his out to me.

I looked from Josh’s hand to the other boy’s. Back and forward, boyfriends, or new kids?

All of this flashed through my mind in a few milliseconds.

Instead of taking one of their hands I simple picked myself up, avoiding any awkwardness.

“I’m fine, thanks for asking.” I brushed the dirt from my back and my butt, not paying attention the death glares the two boys in front of me were giving each other.

“Are you okay? I mean, I didn’t elbow you or anything, right?” I touched one of my skinny elbows. The boy laughed.

“No, don’t worry.” Although he told me not to worry I saw his hand go attentively to a spot on his side.

I was about to apologize for “not elbowing him” but Josh suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

“Didn’t you say you couldn’t stay out long?” He said as he dragged me away from the startle boy.

“Yes, but, Josh! Let go of me!” I yanked my wrist from his grasp, looking at it I found that it was red where his fingers had been.
“I don’t like him. He laid on top of you for forever!” Josh said, crossing his arms.

“No he didn’t, Josh! Just chill out okay! And even if he had, you’re the only one for me.” I smiled up at him and kissed him lightly on the lips. “Now walk me home, okay?”

He grabbed me hand, only nicely this time. “Okay.”

As we walked his hand left mine and slipped around my shoulders, I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Josh dropped me off at home and headed towards his house.
I felt bad that our walk had been cut short because when he left I could tell he still needed to talk.

My parents were upstairs in their room so I felt it was best to not bother them. I ran up to my room and got my pajamas ready before walking into my bathroom.

I took a quick shower, slipped into my pajamas.

Jumping into bed I couldn’t help but think about that boy. I had run into him twice and one day and I still didn’t know his name.

I wanted to call him Kyle because he seemed like a Kyle. I drifted off.
That night I dreamed about a little girl falling into a creek and a little boy giving her her first kiss.

______

I hope you like it!

#28 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

UGggg!
who is it!?!?!?
update again
please?
hasta

roni

#29 kalackamiga

kalackamiga

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

I can't believe she does'nt remember him!! So sad... -_- But she will soon remember.....right??!! Anyway, great update. I'll be waiting for the next one!
~Alexa~

#30 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for reading guys!

unfortunetly, I may have the thread closed due to lack of interest....but I'll leave it up and post a few more chapters before I decide that for sure!

I'll update soon!

#31 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:44 PM

Lazybum4lyfe06: Really? You had a friend like that? That's so cool! I never did, the idea just kind of, came to me. Haha.

Haha yeah, one winter when I was like...6...I walked down to his house (we're neighbors) because, even though he was coming over later, I couldn't wait for him to come play with me. Then his sister called my mom when I showed up at their doorstep, who was really pissed because I wasn't allowed to walk to his house alone then. ;)

He was probably my first best friend. Of course, we're still neighbors but now he hardly talks to me... -_- We don't hang out anymore.

But please don't stop posting, or close the thread, I love this story! I keep forgetting to post, but it really is fantastic!

I really hope the new kid is Kyle...xD

#32 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for reading guys!

unfortunetly, I may have the thread closed due to lack of interest....but I'll leave it up and post a few more chapters before I decide that for sure!

I'll update soon!

who cares about anyone else
were here and reading it!
and you really need to update!
hasta

roni

#33 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

Heya!

Just a reminder: Don't forget to write for yourself and have fun while doing it! It's great having reviews to your hard work, but, most importantly, you should be enjoying the whole writing process. So, please reconsider continuing with this story. After all, you have some loyal fans right here!

ali :D

P.S. Should you actually decide to discontinue with this thread or if there are any other issues, don't hesitate to give Tephy or me a shout in the Support sticky

#34 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

okay!
I do have fun while writing...I was just having some....issues?...yesterday!

I'll update...well, now I guess!

____

Chapter 6

Walking to school the next day was fairly normal, Josh and I didn’t talk about last nights goings on because I knew he didn’t want Sara to know about his parents divorce.

If he had wanted her to know she would have known by now and I could tell by the chipper way she said hello to him that she had no idea.

Josh held my hand on the way there, but not once made an effort to kiss me. For some reason I was thankful for this.

It wasn’t that he was a bad kisser, I had taught him well. It was just that, I didn’t want to kiss him. Which was odd, because I always wanted to kiss him.

I shook these skeptical thoughts out of my head and brought myself back.

Sara and Josh were arguing about the new kid—yes the boy I had run into. Twice.
“No. I think I saw him walking around over the summer, so he was probably here.”
“No, I’m telling you. He’s new, like, really new. I know because, Bobby, who is a senior, is in his homeroom and the kid said that he had just moved here about a week before school.”

I perked up when I realized that I knew someone who had talked to the new kid! I mean, oh, Bobby knew the new kid.

“Do you guys even know his name?” I asked casually.

Josh and Sara both shut their mouths quickly.

“It’s…I actually have no idea. Do you know Josh?”

He shook his head no.

“Wow. I didn’t even realize that I didn’t know it.” Sara laughed.

“Yeah, mean either, but do you know what I do know? That he just got here!” Josh laughed in Sara’s face then ran up the schools front steps that we had just come to.
“Jerk.” Sara muttered.

I gave her a fake warning glance.

“Well it’s true!” She said as we walked up the stairs. “I mean, come on, you have to admit that that was a little bit of a jerk-ish move, was it not?”

I hesitated. “I guess…”

Sara stopped in her tracks. “Wow. You’ve never agreed with me that Josh was a jerk, or even acted in a jerk-ish manner. Are you okay?”

I nodded. “Yeah. I think so.”
I gave her my most convincing happy smile and continued up the stairs and into the school.

My mind was buzzing. It was filled of thoughts of everything and nothing at the same time.

I couldn’t concentrate enough to focus on one thought and get it out of the way.
My head was killing me.

I tried to ignore it, but in eighth period it became unbearable.

I got up and asked my teacher for a pass to the nurse. I was a few steps away from the door when I began to feel light headed, the door opened, but I hadn’t opened it.
My vision blurred.
I took a step forward and my legs gave out. I feel into the arms of whoever had opened the door.

_____

hope you liked it!

CC is much appreciated!

#35 lazybum4lyfe06

lazybum4lyfe06

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

Oh, my, I hope she's okay :o

And yeah, the new kid is definitely Kyle.

At least, I hope it is.

I hope your issues are doing better. (does that actually make any sense? :blink: )

#36 kalackamiga

kalackamiga

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

Oh, geez. I hope she's fine. But I'm sure that was Kyle, so I'm ok with it! :D It was a wonderful update. Post the next one asap!!
~Alexa~
ps. Yay! You're not deleting the thread!!

#37 bvrc1chick

bvrc1chick

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

love it. Love it! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!

now?

xoxoxo Rachael

#38 roni

roni

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

whoo did she fall into??????????????????????
please update
please/!!!!!/1/1
hasta

roni

#39 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

I guess I should update now...because I have it written and all.... :icon_geek:

Just give me a minute to proof read it and I'll post it!

#40 little rascal

little rascal

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:16 PM

I like this story it is good!! ♥ Please Please Update! Please??

signed
rascal :spinstar: §

#41 ~book_worm~13

~book_worm~13

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

okey dokey! You've all twisted my are and i will update.

But first I just want to say thank you all for reading, and I WILL NOT close the thread unless I make some horrible mistake and have to re-write the entire thing, but thank fully I don't see that happening!

okay, here's the update!

____

Chapter 7

I opened my eyes and saw a dark blue ceiling. I was curious because the ceilings in the school were white.

I turned my head slowly, all to aware of a harsh pounding that was going on in my ears.
I saw a desk sitting in front of a window, a closet door with a poster of Rosie the Riveter on it.

I smiled lightly when I realized that I was in my own room.

I heard a light knock on the door and my mother opened it a little.

“Honey? Are you awake?” She pushed the door open the rest of the way to reveal a tray with a bowl of some sort of soup, a large glass of water and a bottle of pills.
I told her that I was awake and tried to sit up.

Bad idea.
My head pounded and I let out a little whimper
“Careful honey. The doctor was over and said that you had a low blood sugar or something. Your head will probably be hurting for a while.”

“Oh, weird.” I was surprised. “How long have I been out?”

She shrugged. “Well, you woke up a little when the doctor was here, but other than that probably about four hours.”

I was shocked.
She set the tray down on a little table situated beside my bed. “Eat that when you think your ready.”

I nodded my head then turned on my side. “I think I’m just going to sleep for a little bit more.” I was surprisingly tired.

My mom rubbed my shoulder and told me that that wasn’t the best idea, but it was to late. I was already out.

I woke to the sound of Sara and Josh arguing in whispers.

“Should we wake her up?”

“No! She probably needs her rest.”

“But I want to know what happened! I think we should wake her up. Plus, her mom said she’d been sleeping for like, ever.”

“I don’t know, Sara…”

“Oh screw this, I’m waking her up.”

I heard her take a step forward.

”Don’t touch me Sara. I’m awake.” I grunted.

“Why would I touch you?” Sara said in a shaky voice. “It was all Josh’s idea anyway.”
“Hey, no it was—“ I heard him grunt and assumed that Sara had hit him.

I turned over. “So, what do you guys want?”

“To see how you were.” Was Josh’s response.

“I’m fine. Anything else?” I could see that Sara was practically bursting with a question. “What is it Sara?”

“Do you remember who caught you?”

I thought it was a stupid question, but I answered it any way. “No. Why, is it really important?”

“Well, a little, since practically every girl in school has a crush on him and you were the one he carried to the nurses office!” She was half whispering half screaming.

“Someone carried me?” I didn’t remember this. I had definitely been out cold.
“Um, yeah. Anyway, you want to know who it was?”

“Sure, who?”

I glanced at Josh’s face. He looked angry.

“The new kid! And I know his name now! It took me forever, but Bobby finally told me! Kyle Brinkley! The gorgeous new kid’s name is Kyle Brinkley, and he carried you up two flights of stairs to the nurses office!”

I’m pretty sure my mouth fell open.

____

HOPE YA LIKED IT!

#42 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

:eusa_clap: Oh, oh, oh! I can't take this. It is too much! :eusa_clap:
:a_smil08: This is just going perfectly smooth! :icon_lol:
Thank you so much for the update! :mgwave:
You are definately one of the best writers here! :user:
:love7: Love, :love7:
:mgbumblebee:
Cerra
:mgbumblebee:

#43 *littleless16candles*

*littleless16candles*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

I just started reading this and it's pretty good!!

Update soon!!!!!

•○• Kati

#44 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

Ahh Kati!
I am in love with your avatar.
I didn't know that they were making new ones
of the mediater series!