141 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

Welcome To Ask Meg about Mediator!

Here, you can post your questions to Meg about the series that brought us the loveliness that is Jesse De Silva, Paul Slater, and the amazing, butt kicking Suze Simon!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the Mediator forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forum HERE.

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

:spinstar: And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUNETLY ASK QUESTIONS! (Psst! Read this before posting!):

:spinstar: Will there be a seventh Mediator Book?
Sorry, but Meg has said that she is done writing The Mediator Series. She left it off a good place and is happy for Suze, Jesse, and the Gang. If she were to continue, bad things would have to happen.

:spinstar: Are you sure about this?
Yes, very sure. Sorry, we love Suze too but HEY! That is what Fan Fiction there for.

:spinstar: Will we ever find out about Father Dom's Love?
Meg said that it was possible but she HIGHLY doubts it.

:spinstar: I heard there was a short story for The Mediator, what is it?
It can be found HERE

Thanks for your attention!

Enjoy!

--Bookie

#2 Jesse'sBaby

Jesse'sBaby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

Uhh, Hi, This is new. Anyway, I'm writeing a book report on The Mediator: Twilight. And, I know this seems irrelevant, what are Paul & Suze's middle names. I'm writeing a journal entry from Suze's perspective & I need middle names. Thanks!-
Kayla

#3 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hi! Happy to help--though you'll have to a little work yourself, since it IS your report. They're doing maintenance on these boards, so you can't look it up right now, but these questions have been asked before, a lot. Suze has no middle name, and Paul's named after his grandpa, so you can find this info in the books. Good luck!

Meg

#4 Jesse'sBaby

Jesse'sBaby

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

Hi! Happy to help--though you'll have to a little work yourself, since it IS your report. They're doing maintenance on these boards, so you can't look it up right now, but these questions have been asked before, a lot. Suze has no middle name, and Paul's named after his grandpa, so you can find this info in the books. Good luck!

Meg

Thank you Ms. Cabot, I really appreciate it! I'll look it up. Thanks again!-
Kayla

#5 clista99

clista99

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

ok i have an ebook reader. and i love it! i have all of the mediator books but i want them on my ebook reader. the only prblem i have is that they only have 5 out of 6 books to buy on there. why dont they have ninth key. is there anyway you could find out why? or let me know where i can find out. it would be great to be able to take this series with me without 6 books. thank you so much! i hope you can help and that i wasnt very confusing.

#6 funnylittlefrog

funnylittlefrog

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

Hi Meg!

We don't really know much about Jesse other than he wants to be a doctor and things like that. I was wondering, since he was always going through Suze's CDs, what kind of movies or music would he like? are he and Suze alike when it comes to those things?

Also I love your books, especially the paranormals!
Thanks <3

#7 lastthingonyourmind

lastthingonyourmind

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

Hi Meg!

I'm not sure if anyone's asked you this before (but I couldn't find anything when I searched), but I was wondering if you would ever open the Mediator vault for a short moment, for a short story (like the lovely one you made about the prom! Even though it wasn't Suze's prom, lol) in Jesse's perspective? I know this might kill the mystery just a tad, but just a snippet, even maybe a moment from the fifth book when we all know he's in love with her anyway (so it wouldn't be spoiling the pinpoint of when he fell in love with her earlier in the series)?

I was just hoping, because in a sense, we got to see a glimpse of Michael's view from the Princess Diaries in one of your novella's where Mia reveals the lyrics to his song "Tall Drink of Water". Granted, it's just a tiny glimpse, but it was still beyond heart-melting to see!

I know this is a huge leap, and a huge thing to ask, but I was just wondering.

Thank you so much for your time!

#8 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hi Meg!

I'm not sure if anyone's asked you this before (but I couldn't find anything when I searched), but I was wondering if you would ever open the Mediator vault for a short moment, for a short story (like the lovely one you made about the prom! Even though it wasn't Suze's prom, lol) in Jesse's perspective? I know this might kill the mystery just a tad, but just a snippet, even maybe a moment from the fifth book when we all know he's in love with her anyway (so it wouldn't be spoiling the pinpoint of when he fell in love with her earlier in the series)?

I was just hoping, because in a sense, we got to see a glimpse of Michael's view from the Princess Diaries in one of your novella's where Mia reveals the lyrics to his song "Tall Drink of Water". Granted, it's just a tiny glimpse, but it was still beyond heart-melting to see!

I know this is a huge leap, and a huge thing to ask, but I was just wondering.

Thank you so much for your time!

While I'm hoping to do a Mediator epilogue someday, because I know everyone wants to know how it all turns out (and in my head, I know...I just need to write it down for all of you), I don't think I'll ever do a short story from Jesse's POV. And I don't think any of you care to read from the POV of an 1850s displaced male. It would not be romantic, it would just make you laugh. He'd be all, "She's wearing that sleeveless top...AGAIN! And after I asked her to put on a jacket!" Poor Jesse.

#9 paulinhaa

paulinhaa

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hi Meg! How are you?
First of all I'm so sorry to ask again about that well known topic which is the casting of the Mediator movie. I've read in another topic that you have no details about it but I guess my question is a bit different. I'd like to know if will foreigners be able to audition for it =)
Thanks a lot for your time! Oh.. I really love your books! They're amazing, congratulations!
Kisses! (oh.. that's the way we send kisses in my country ;])

#10 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hi Meg! How are you?
First of all I'm so sorry to ask again about that well known topic which is the casting of the Mediator movie. I've read in another topic that you have no details about it but I guess my question is a bit different. I'd like to know if will foreigners be able to audition for it =)
Thanks a lot for your time! Oh.. I really love your books! They're amazing, congratulations!
Kisses! (oh.. that's the way we send kisses in my country ;])

Anyone will be able to audition for any parts for which there are open casting calls. As of right now though, there are no open casting calls for this film. I'll let you know if this changes.

Just be aware that since the plans are to make this a feature film, it's highly likely the role of Suze will go to an experienced Hollywood actress. Sorry, ladies!

Meg

#11 paulinhaa

paulinhaa

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Anyone will be able to audition for any parts for which there are open casting calls. As of right now though, there are no open casting calls for this film. I'll let you know if this changes.

Just be aware that since the plans are to make this a feature film, it's highly likely the role of Suze will go to an experienced Hollywood actress. Sorry, ladies!

Meg

ahmm this news just broke my heart! (just kidding)
but thank you so much for answering!
kisses!

#12 sono_con_jesse

sono_con_jesse

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

I'm new here, but I'm dabbling in some fan faction. Can you answer me these questions three?

1. Can ghosts feel things, in the tactile sense? Can Jesse actually feel softness, roughness, smoothness? What about temperature? We know cold weather doesn't bother them, but if they can interpret tactile senses, might they also be able to sense a change in temperature? Perhaps they can only feel by memory--when alive they knew cotton was soft, so now they "feel" cotton and remember it as being soft?

2. I'm sorry I couldn't find this information, though it's probably on these forums somewhere...
Do Jesse and Suze have birthdates?

3. How many hours are on your clock? Mine has twelve and it goes around twice, but I don't seem to get as much done as you! Thanks for taking time to answer your fans.

#13 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm new here, but I'm dabbling in some fan faction. Can you answer me these questions three?

1. Can ghosts feel things, in the tactile sense? Can Jesse actually feel softness, roughness, smoothness? What about temperature? We know cold weather doesn't bother them, but if they can interpret tactile senses, might they also be able to sense a change in temperature? Perhaps they can only feel by memory--when alive they knew cotton was soft, so now they "feel" cotton and remember it as being soft?

2. I'm sorry I couldn't find this information, though it's probably on these forums somewhere...
Do Jesse and Suze have birthdates?

3. How many hours are on your clock? Mine has twelve and it goes around twice, but I don't seem to get as much done as you! Thanks for taking time to answer your fans.

Ha, you're funny.

I think it was established that the longer someone has been a ghost the more tactile sensation they have, so in answer to your first question, yes.

I know we did figure out Suze's birthday once but I'm sorry, it's been so long since I wrote the books, I no longer remember. I think if you ask in the Mediator forums someone could help you figure it out.

But if the books started when she was sixteen in January of her sophomore year and she's still sixteen when she started her junior year the next fall--or had she turned seventeen yet? I can't remember--then her birthday must be in the fall. I would probably say I gave her either my husband's birthday, October 5. I generally give character's birthdays I can remember, though as you can see, I then forget them as soon as I move on to the next series!

But if her birthday is Oct 5, Jesse's would be in February, to match mine.

Unless someone tells me I'm wrong, I'm going with those dates!

#14 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:50 AM

Hello, I was just wondering if you had figured out Suze's birthday yet. I know someones already asked, but then if someone else reads this, could you please tell me!!!! Thank you soooo much. P.S. Meg, I know that at the beginning of the Mediator series Susannah is sixteen, so the how come at the end, in Heaven Sent, it says she's still sixteen, even though it clearly states that it has been over a year since she moved to California and everyone else has gained a year. And in Grave Doubts, before the second time she encounters Paul during her first day back, she says in her thoughts, "I just turned sixteen and I am in love." Does this mean that she was fifteen before, becuase the book does take over a year. I'm sorry to ask so much of you, but I read the books at least once a week and I have memorised them and have picked out a lot of things that dont make sense. By the way, my name really is Suze, except its spelt Suzana. And thank you, xox :mgwave:

#15 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

Oh and I almost forgot, I read somewhere in the posts that Suze's birthday is December 12th. Someone also wrote that her starsign is Sagittarius. Is this true? Or is she a Libra, October 5th?

#16 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

Oh and I almost forgot, I read somewhere in the posts that Suze's birthday is December 12th. Someone also wrote that her starsign is Sagittarius. Is this true? Or is she a Libra, October 5th?

I think the Dec. 12th birthday sounds right!

#17 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hi Meg!

We don't really know much about Jesse other than he wants to be a doctor and things like that. I was wondering, since he was always going through Suze's CDs, what kind of movies or music would he like? are he and Suze alike when it comes to those things?

Also I love your books, especially the paranormals!
Thanks <3

I don't know if I answered this one already or not, but I think it's pretty clear from the books that Jesse is very curious and open to just about everything...except really girlie or very demeaning stuff (like, I don't think he'd like horror movies, such as Saw or Hostel).

I also don't think (and I'm very sorry to say this) he'd be super into girlie pop music. While he might like Miley Cyrus upon first hearing her sing, because she has a nice voice, I think he'd be very dismayed upon SEEING her, especially when he found out how old she was (he doesn't like skimpy dresses or pole dancing). Remember, he's very old fashioned and easily shocked.

#18 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

ok i have an ebook reader. and i love it! i have all of the mediator books but i want them on my ebook reader. the only prblem i have is that they only have 5 out of 6 books to buy on there. why dont they have ninth key. is there anyway you could find out why? or let me know where i can find out. it would be great to be able to take this series with me without 6 books. thank you so much! i hope you can help and that i wasnt very confusing.

All of the books are available on Kindle and in e format so I'm not sure I understand this question.

#19 Meg Fan17

Meg Fan17

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

Dear Meg,
I was wondering, does Suze eventually tell her family that she's a mediator? Does she tell anyone???

#20 RiverAnnFly

RiverAnnFly

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

Meg,
I was wondering... I know you said that you're not sure about this mediator movie, but I did some poking around and it looks like you've already sold film rights. So the only thing stopping you from making the Mediator a movie is the fact that you don't like writing screenplays and/or you're too busy? If that's the case, then I'm interested in helping you write a screenplay. I've written a novel and two plays and various short stories, so I have some experience. I'm also looking into being kind of a book scout when I get older, you know, reading books and deciding if they should be made into movies- I read about it once. Or something like that, writing movie scripts or whatever. So it would be a good experience for me and I would do it just for the fun of it, to see if I liked it. You don't have to do anything, but just YouTube "Mediator Movie" and you'll see that a ton of people want it to be a movie. I've got some ideas already for an opening scene. Just tell me what you think and if you're interested. If the reasons I listed above are not the case, then just tell me.

Thanks.

-River Ann Wyllow (my pen name- my parents would kill me if I put my real name on here:D)

#21 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

Dear Meg,
I was wondering, does Suze eventually tell her family that she's a mediator? Does she tell anyone???

This is a good question, and the answer will be revealed when I write the epilogue to the series. Remind me!

(I think Doc has figured it out, right? But I don't think she'd tell anyone else.)

#22 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Meg,
I was wondering... I know you said that you're not sure about this mediator movie, but I did some poking around and it looks like you've already sold film rights. So the only thing stopping you from making the Mediator a movie is the fact that you don't like writing screenplays and/or you're too busy? If that's the case, then I'm interested in helping you write a screenplay. I've written a novel and two plays and various short stories, so I have some experience. I'm also looking into being kind of a book scout when I get older, you know, reading books and deciding if they should be made into movies- I read about it once. Or something like that, writing movie scripts or whatever. So it would be a good experience for me and I would do it just for the fun of it, to see if I liked it. You don't have to do anything, but just YouTube "Mediator Movie" and you'll see that a ton of people want it to be a movie. I've got some ideas already for an opening scene. Just tell me what you think and if you're interested. If the reasons I listed above are not the case, then just tell me.

Thanks.

-River Ann Wyllow (my pen name- my parents would kill me if I put my real name on here:D)

Oh, thanks! But a script has already been written for the movie by the producers and a professional screenwriter.

#23 Meg Fan17

Meg Fan17

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:11 PM

This is a good question, and the answer will be revealed when I write the epilogue to the series. Remind me!

(I think Doc has figured it out, right? But I don't think she'd tell anyone else.)

Okay. Thanks Meg!!!!!

#24 smitten_kitten

smitten_kitten

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

Dear Meg,

I posted before but you never replied. I understand that you are a very busy woman and have alot to attend to. My question befroe was what became of the Diegos? Felix Diego was killed in the last book of the Mediator series, therefor Maria De Silva could no longer marry him as planned and if they could not wed then they could not have kids. In which case means that the Diegos that were living in the same time period as Suze would cease to exist...so my question is what happened to them did they die or just vanish from the face of the earth? Thank you very much meg i love your books dearly!

:heartbeat: Smitten_Kitten :heartbeat:

#25 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

Dear Meg,

I posted before but you never replied. I understand that you are a very busy woman and have alot to attend to. My question befroe was what became of the Diegos? Felix Diego was killed in the last book of the Mediator series, therefor Maria De Silva could no longer marry him as planned and if they could not wed then they could not have kids. In which case means that the Diegos that were living in the same time period as Suze would cease to exist...so my question is what happened to them did they die or just vanish from the face of the earth? Thank you very much meg i love your books dearly!

:heartbeat: Smitten_Kitten :heartbeat:

I actually answered this before in the Ask Meg about the Mediator books thread (see the Archives). Diego died, which means he and Maria weren't able to marry. So when Suze came back into her new present day, it would be a dimension in which there'd be no Diegos. Let's hope none of them ever contributed meaningfully to the world.

#26 RiverAnnFly

RiverAnnFly

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Oh, thanks! But a script has already been written for the movie by the producers and a professional screenwriter.

You're welcome- thanks for responding- no one ever does

So there is going to be a movie? Sweet!!!!!

#27 smitten_kitten

smitten_kitten

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

I actually answered this before in the Ask Meg about the Mediator books thread (see the Archives). Diego died, which means he and Maria weren't able to marry. So when Suze came back into her new present day, it would be a dimension in which there'd be no Diegos. Let's hope none of them ever contributed meaningfully to the world.

im so sorry to have bothered you i should have looked before hand. My sincerest apologies, I know how busy you are. Thank you anyway for answering my question! Thats kind of what i thought but i wasnt sure. Ha Ha yes lets hope none of the Diegos were scientists or doctors =)

#28 funnylittlefrog

funnylittlefrog

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hi Meg!
I was just wondering, why does Jesse never want to talk about how he died? Is it because he really is traumatized or is he embarrassed? Or does he never talk about it so that Suze can't mediate him?

Thanks! Can't wait for Insatiable to come out :)

#29 Bookworm923

Bookworm923

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

Dear Meg,

When Jessie was in the freaky place with all the doors, why did he automatically assume that it was Suze that sent him there? Did he have little faith in Suze back then...or was there a particular clue that led him to believe that. That question just popped into my head and I haven't been able to get it out, so please answer this for me! Thanks!

-Kayli :P

#30 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

Dear Meg,

When Jessie was in the freaky place with all the doors, why did he automatically assume that it was Suze that sent him there? Did he have little faith in Suze back then...or was there a particular clue that led him to believe that. That question just popped into my head and I haven't been able to get it out, so please answer this for me! Thanks!

-Kayli :P

To get there he'd have had to have come to terms with how he died, or been exorcised. Jesse knew he hadn't come to terms with how he'd died. So he thought Suze had exorcised him. And he wasn't ready to go yet, as he knew he had unfinished business, or he'd have gone on his own.

#31 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hi Meg!
I was just wondering, why does Jesse never want to talk about how he died? Is it because he really is traumatized or is he embarrassed? Or does he never talk about it so that Suze can't mediate him?

Thanks! Can't wait for Insatiable to come out :)

Because how he died was incredibly traumatic for him. Being murdered isn't fun!

#32 HarryPotterFan4

HarryPotterFan4

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

Hey thanks for answering my first question earlier. What where would Jesse go to for medical school and after medical school does he officially become a doctor?

#33 xgweniex

xgweniex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

Dear Meg Cabot
Heyy i was just wondering when you plan on writing the sequal to hevan sent(that is if you are hoing to write one,and i really hooopppeee you do because i neeeddd to no what happens).Also i would just like to say that your books are the BEST EVER!.I really hope i get a reply and i understand that you are busy.
Thank you !!

xxxx
gweniiixx

#34 Meg Fan17

Meg Fan17

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hi Meg!!! I really wanna know... is Paul really over Suze or is he just hiding it so she could be happy????

#35 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

Hey thanks for answering my first question earlier. What where would Jesse go to for medical school and after medical school does he officially become a doctor?

Well, I can't tell you all that! If I did, I'd have nothing to write in the epilogue/sequel someday!

Meg

#36 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

Dear Meg Cabot
Heyy i was just wondering when you plan on writing the sequal to hevan sent(that is if you are hoing to write one,and i really hooopppeee you do because i neeeddd to no what happens).Also i would just like to say that your books are the BEST EVER!.I really hope i get a reply and i understand that you are busy.
Thank you !!

xxxx
gweniiixx

I AM planning on doing an epilogue (visiting the characters several years or so later after the last book), but I don't when I'll get the time...I'll let you know when it's coming out, though, don't worry!

Meg

#37 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hi Meg!!! I really wanna know... is Paul really over Suze or is he just hiding it so she could be happy????

Does any boy really get all the way over any girl? No...I don't think so. ;)

Meg

#38 xgweniex

xgweniex

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:56 AM

I AM planning on doing an epilogue (visiting the characters several years or so later after the last book), but I don't when I'll get the time...I'll let you know when it's coming out, though, don't worry!

Meg

Thank you for replying and i CANT WAIT !!!!
xxx
gwenie
xx

#39 Periculosa

Periculosa

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

Does any boy really get all the way over any girl? No...I don't think so. ;)

Meg

Knew it! Paul really is a class act deep down.

3 questions:

1. If there is an epilogue, will we find out what happens to Paul's little brother? Does he follow in Suze's footsteps or does he end up like Paul?

2. We know that the whole mediator thing is kinda genetic. Does it skip generations and hits every family member in that generation, or what?

3. Do you have any news about the movie? Or at least do you know who we send money to in order to help finance it?

#40 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:59 PM

Knew it! Paul really is a class act deep down.

3 questions:

1. If there is an epilogue, will we find out what happens to Paul's little brother? Does he follow in Suze's footsteps or does he end up like Paul?

2. We know that the whole mediator thing is kinda genetic. Does it skip generations and hits every family member in that generation, or what?

3. Do you have any news about the movie? Or at least do you know who we send money to in order to help finance it?

Oh, you're so sweet!

But when I said that no boy ever really gets over a girl, what I meant was a girl he had never slept with. Paul will always pine for what he never had.

If Paul ever sleeps with Kelly, he'll go out with her for a few weeks, then dump her and never call her again. Would he have treated Suze the same if they'd slept together ? I guess we'll never know!

1. Yes, you will find out all in the epilogue.

2. Calling both guys Jack Slater was because at the time I was writing the books under two different pen names. I like the name Jack (my favorite uncle) and I like the name Slater (it's a good last name), so I used it twice, thinking no one would know the books were by the same author, so who cares? I totally forgot about it. Then when both books came out under my real name, I realized I was in trouble. I've asked for All American Girl Jack's last name to be changed. It is, in more recent editions.

3. So cute to offer financing money for the movie! But don't worry, the studio (when we get one!) will provide that. Things are looking good!

Love, Meg

#41 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:01 AM

I was wondering about question #2 aswell ^
Did Paul really like Suze?
A lot of people think he only wanted Suze because she is a mediator, but others (including myself) think he liked her before he found out.

If by "like" you mean, "Did he want to have sex with her," the answer is "That was definitely a strong motivation on Paul's part." I do not think her being a mediator played as strong a role in his interest in her as his wanting to bone her.

Wait can I say that word here?

#42 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

Ahaha, Thanks Meg!

I really didn't think Paul was such a scum bag. Oh well, I still think he was hilarious.

#43 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Meg, your boning comment made me snort out loud!

#44 jake&jesse

jake&jesse

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hi Meg! Ok so for some reason this has really really been bugging me: how many years after Cynthia Ackerman's death does Andy marry helen? I mean we know its been 10 years since Suze's dad died, and in my opinion thats definitely a good amount of waiting period for marrying someone else when your spouse has died. I just really want to know how long Andy waited, and how old David was when his mother died. also, do you think that the other two brother's odd personality might have been a result of their mother's death? they were sad too right?? thank you so much for your time!

#45 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

Hi Meg! Ok so for some reason this has really really been bugging me: how many years after Cynthia Ackerman's death does Andy marry helen? I mean we know its been 10 years since Suze's dad died, and in my opinion thats definitely a good amount of waiting period for marrying someone else when your spouse has died. I just really want to know how long Andy waited, and how old David was when his mother died. also, do you think that the other two brother's odd personality might have been a result of their mother's death? they were sad too right?? thank you so much for your time!

Wow. It's been a while since I wrote these books. But from what I remember, I don't think it was THAT long since their mom died. Definitely not as long as since Suze's dad died. I would think three years at most, possibly even as short as one or two (she had cancer, right? So she was sick for a while. They had time to get used to the idea of her "leaving").

And hot widowers like Andy do not stay on the market long, especially in a place like Carmel where there are a lot of rich divorcees running around.

I don't think you can blame Sleepy or Dopey's personalities on their mom dying. Otherwise Doc would be the same way. They're just "that age" and filled with male hormones. They'll definitely get better with age, though. Also, in Sleepy's case, he'll got to rehab and get off the pot.

(We all know what Sleepy's "sleepiness" was caused by, right? He was a giant surfer pothead! Did I never mention pot in the books, or something? It was definitely in the original manuscript. Did they edit that out? I totally can't remember anymore. Dopey wouldn't do weed because it would get in the way of his fitness training. But I'm almost positive there was a huge subplot involving Sleepy and the thriving medical marijuana business he ran out of the basement. It must have gotten edited out. Oh well! Stupid YA. I should have made those books adult.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users