• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nat24

nat24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hi I'm Natalie I found this story I had written a couple years ago and decided to edit it and write it up. I hope that you like and enjoy it...

Chapter One: Grammar...

I watch my fingers as they dictate the motion of my pen as it hits the page with it's ink, fashioning swirls and curls that form letters (to the trained eyes) on my page. Words appear as I investigate the English group I would be spending the next year with: boys placing backpacks on chairs, trying to swap seats with any vulnerable girl to relocate themselves at the back of the class away from the gaze of Miss A (our new assigned English teacher. Girls were replenishing their shiny lip gloss to their already smothered lips or adjusting their hair in fashions of the latest celebrity.

I lift my pen to alter a miss spelling when i finally notice that the seat next to me has been obtained (unlike any other new year) it would usually hold the secure placement of my bag and coat but had now been taken by some person who didn't know me or the others because if he did I am sure he would have followed the example made by the rest of the class. Avoid the front and avoid me!

My glasses had slipped to the bridge of my nose so I moved them back into position, catching a glimpse of this unusual character... his sea green eyes which seemed to twinkle in the September light. They start to astound me as i drop my pen, it hits the floor with a clatter causing the attention of the rest of the class to look towards the front left of the room.

"Hi," I look up again to see the pen already in his hand as he places it on the desk before rolling it towards me I grasp it before it tumbles of the desk again.
"I'm guessing your Ally...?"
"Yeah" I couldn't believe that i managed to stumble on the four letter word.
"Johnny nice to meet you Ally," he spoke so freely not noticing the audience he had gained from the two minutes of walking into the room.
"So English you good at it?" the question was supposed to prompt me to talk about myself so I decided to redirect the back at him...
"Well I enjoy it. What about you?"
"Yeah I enjoy reading so the comprehension side of English comes easily to me but I struggle with some of the other parts of English. You?"
"I like the grammar and narrative side of English so the literacy side of it I like. But I love to read."
"Grammar really... always confused me. Guess I picked the right person to sit with..."
"Yeah I guess so" I wanted to the end the conversation quite quickly because we were attracting an audience.

"Morning class, hope you had a nice holiday but lets get our brains back into gear with a little bit of reading... maybe Romeo and Juliet. Sam would you be a dear and hand the books out?"
As Sam (a spotty kid with braces) started to hand out the books one each when he finally got to us he only had one book left in his fingers.
"Thanks,"Johnny didn't care that we would have to share he just took the book out of Sam fingers and placed it on the desk in front of us, without any of the fuss that the others would have.He slipped the cover over to the first page and traced the name with his index finger as I watched the class around me become imitations of the characters from the play. I tried to listen to them and miss but I was acutely aware of the way Johnny kept touching my hand every time he turned the page, it only lasted a second but i could feel it much longer after the touch had gone. Miss allocated each pair a page in the play that we would have to read and find a quote, we had been assigned romance.
"Would you like to be Juliet and I'll be Romeo, that way it'll be easier to find a quote."
"Yeah that sounds great,"as we started to read I found it hard to keep my eyes on the page. Johnny had become so animated and believable that I even began to think that this boy was in love with me, that was when the bell started to ring and broke me back into reality. I grabbed my things, stuffed them into my bag and left as quickly as I could before the blush crept even further up my cheeks.

#2 nat24

nat24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Chapter two: Fountain Pens...

At lunch I was sipping at my at my apple juice cartoon, silently reading the book in front of me, ignoring the world around me, until a bag slammed onto the seat across from me, I recognized it as Johnny's (green backpack with black stripes).

"Excuse me, Ally would you mind if I ate with you?" No one else was going to as Emie had already eaten and headed of to drama club.
"Yeah sure... but do you mind if I ask you why you want to eat lunch with me?" I found it hard to believe that this amazingly handsome guy who had green eyes and dark brown hair and with closer inspection had a small silver stud at the corner of his mouth wanted to sit and eat lunch with me.
"I don't know why..."
I looked at the table trying to ignore his gaze and the growing blush on my cheeks, glancing at the crusts Johnny had left on the lid of his lunch box. Jam and cheese, weird combination and I couldn't help but blurt out "Jam and cheese... weird combination."
"Sorry," he looked quite bewildered at my little outburst."Oh yeah it's my favourite but I hate the crusts."
"I never eat the crusts either..." I replied looking into his eyes which was a tiny bit greener in this light than this morning, I could feel the heat rise to my cheek bone so I turned away and looked at the almost empty apple juice cartoon. Reaching into my bag I picked another out, ready to pierce the hole with the straw he interrupted me.
"Really, jam and cheese is weird yet you drink apple juice." he said it in a playful tone which made my cheeks heat up again.
"Of course it's healthy and really tasty." I never thought of my response before I glanced up and saw a smile playing out on his lips and the sun glinting off the small stud below them, to continue the conversation I said the first thing that popped into my head.
"I like your piercing, I've always wanted my nose pierced but never had the guts to go through with it."
"Yeah, mine was a dare at my last school didn't think I would actually go through with it but now I've really grown to love it," he spoke with a hushed tone as he leaned on the table towards me as if he was telling me a secret he wanted no one else to know. As he placed his slender fingers on top of my own a tingle travelled up my spine causing me to look up into his green eyes.
"I have to tell you something Ally.." just as he was about to say something the bell went for fourth period, he lifted his hands and packed his stuff away the next thing I knew he was across the quad.
"I'll see you in English Ally."

#3 Katexxx

Katexxx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

sounds fab can't wait for more
:eusa_clap:

#4 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yeah sounds pretty good Good job! Update please love it geniuse!!! :icon_study: :eusa_clap: :spinstar: :heartbeat:
Aubrey

#5 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

O.M.G!!! :lol:
That was so great!! :eusa_clap:
I kept smiling the whole way!!! :D
OOOOO I wonder what's going to happen next? :huh:
I absolutely love it!! :love7:
And can you read my story it's called 'What you see isn't always what it is' :icon_study:
I would REALLY like some feedback from you! :user:
Thanks! ^_^

-Jennifer :m:

#6 nat24

nat24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the comments I really appreciate it x
This is the third chapter hope you enjoy it...
Nat

Chapter 3: Red Roses on Paper...

I was walking home from school,(again oblivious to the world around me) ipod in ears listening to Taylor Swift when suddenly I felt a small tap on my shoulder, it made me jump out my skin and I couldn't help a small whimper escape from my lips as I turned round. Standing behind me was Johnny in a black beanie hat and trench coat I didn't recognize him to begin with so I suppose my expression was full of shock and blankness, but as soon as I saw the small unique stud I knew it was him.
"Hi Johnny..." whilst saying this I took the right bud out of my ear, silencing the fiddle.
"Hi Ally. Do you mind if I walk with you? I think we may live on the same street." he spoke with such certainty.
"Yeah that's fine I normally walk on my own anyway. Have you just moved here?" I was quite surprised that he wanted to seat, eat and walk home with me when the popular girls already had him pegged for the hottest guy in school. I had my own theories on the reasons why they had named him this; one being his lean muscular body, his slender fingers that I presumed played a guitar or some kind of musical instrument, and thirdly the edge he had: with his clothes mirroring a a biker but his face mimicking that of a Calvin Klein model.
"Yes... I moved here with my mother a couple of weeks ago and whilst I was unpacking I just happened to see you, with you headphones in walking towards the woodland and I couldn't help but come and sit with you in English."
"Oh you saw me..." I was quite shocked at his knowledge that I ventured into the woodland to read and sketch the trees, but also I was most shocked that he had seen me normally I could walk around the street or at school and no one would pay me any attention I was just that girl that they could never remember the name of.

As we started to come closer to my house which was the ordinary 4 bedroom upstairs, downstairs home I stopped and turned to face Johnny.
"Well thanks for walking with me... I live here... so i'll see you tomorrow then." Before i could stop him he grasped my hand and placed something cold and round in my hand, then he took my cheeks in his hands and as he got closer to my face, my heart started to race causing my breath to quicken next he kissed the my forehead causing a slight electrical current to flow through my body, by the time my brain had registered what had occurred and the blush started to form again on my cheeks he was already strolling down the street leaving my stood in the same spot.

#7 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

:user: I love it .Hey coudl you CHeck out my storie and tell me what you think? Its calle dUntold Truth? I would really appreciate some tips from someone who knows what there doing:)

#8 Purple Rocks

Purple Rocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

O.M.F.G!!! :o That was sooooo cool!!!!!! :spinstar: :eusa_clap:

AHHHH My heart pounded like way faster!! :heartbeat:

I. LOVE. IT!!!! :wub:

PLEEEEEAAASEEEEE update more!!!! :user: :hyper:

Oh did you know that my little brother's name is Johnny??
I know right cool. :happy8:

And THANKS for actually reading it!! :lol: :D

-Jennifer :m:

#9 nat24

nat24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Sorry haven't been able to update ART homework has started to take over my life....
Anyway here's Chapter 4...

Chapter 4: ?

When I got home I flew up the stairs to my bedroom before I even thought about opening what my clenched hands where hiding. It was circular and smooth but when I reached my window I couldn't take the anticipation any longer. Inside my hand was a silver ring that had the small engraving on it 'Fearless' I found the engraving odd besides the fact that it was the title of my favorite song, but how would Johnny have known that I had never mentioned it and also how could he afford to give a girl that he had just met a sterling silver ring... engraved.

My mind was racing which caused my breath to quicken, ideas where streaming through my head: maybe he stole the ring and gave it me to conceal the evidence. I throw this idea away Johnny was too kind and nice to be that deceiving, it was more likely he had found it and thought that the lonely girl should have it ,feeling sorry for me there was no other reason why a guy would give me a ring.

I placed the ring on my index finger there was no point in not wearing a gift that was so pretty and elegant even if it was given out of pity. As I put my Ipod on the docking station I pressed play it just happened to be on "You belong with me" so I danced around the room singing every lyric and gesturing widely I heard a chuckle coming from my balcony. I spun on my heel and their he was standing looking at me through the glass door. As a scream escaped my mouth I had a serious thought that this boy might be stalking me. When I approached the balcony door my hand started to shake as I lifted the latch and took a step outside into the cool September air where I was right in front of him.
"What are you doing here?" I couldn't believe how hard my tone of voice was.
"Well I never got to tell you what I wanted to at lunch and giving you the ring without that explanation was pointless and no doubt confusing for you and then I noticed your parents weren't home yet so I decided to make a visit..."
"Well why couldn't you have knocked and asked to come in instead of climbing up my balcony and peering into my bedroom?"
"I never thought of it like that I forget that you still don't feel it yet..."
"Feel what Johnny?"Once i said this I couldn't take his cryptic messages anymore so I stormed into the safety of my bedroom away from him and all of this nonsense. Smoothing out my blankets on my bed I sat down and tried to calm the confusion and frustration that had spiked inside me all i could see was colours dancing on the inside of my eyelids then I felt a masculine hand touch my face, causing my eyes to openly widely as Johnny knelt in front of me caressing my cheek with his hand.

Lifting my own hand I placed it over his taking it away from me and onto the bed whilst looking into his eyes he started to speak but currents were still going through my whole body so I couldn't hear a word that was leaving his mouth so I just started to nod every time he stopped speaking until he grasped my hands and pulled me away from the bed and then I heard him.
"So Ally I feel really connected to you and I want to get you something to show how I feel about you, something you want..."
"Johnny?"
"Yes Ally?"
"We've only known each other a day and your talking as if you know me you don't know my favorite book nor my favorite sweet. What I love, what I hate and I don't know you except you send shivers and sparks up my spine when you touch me..."
"Really Ally why haven't you told me before?"
"I've only just met you why should I tell you that, I can't take these cryptic messages Johnny just go please" I needed him to understand that all of this was just distressing me and I didn't understand him and these messages.
"Okay I understand Ally but please let me take you out tomorrow to show you something and take you somewhere I really want to explain this..."
"Fine but Johnny whilst you are explaining it don' touch me." I said it jokingly trying to diffuse the atmosphere that I had caused between us.

As I guided him down the stairs towards the front door he grasped my hand and pulled me towards him so my head rested just under his chin. I felt comfortable almost like a jigsaw piece when placed into the picture.
"Johnny.."
"Yes?"
"Thank you for the ring I really love it." By the look on his face I think he must have forgotten his present.
"I'm glad you liked it" Before i could pull away from him he turned me around so I was facing him, gently he head started to lower towards me as his lips fluttered across my own the sparks became electric and then my mum came home.

Hope you enjoyed am writing chapter 5 as we speak
Nat Posted Image

#10 Mandiileah

Mandiileah

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

I really really love this story so far, I love the way you write. It's clear and not too fast paced 

#11 nat24

nat24

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well hi everyone...
Will be posting chapter 5 real soon...
Sorry for the long wait...
Can't believe the date that I last posted.
Thank you for everyone reading you are amazing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users