• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jamaca07

Jamaca07

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

Is there really an order of the bear that believes that king arthur will be reincarnated, because i am interested,
not that i would join or anything (i would sooner become a scientologist)
but it is kinda interesting.

Thanks, Jamaca.

#2 DEL

DEL

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

um...i-dont-think-so....even the order has a funny name... :P

#3 cant_get_enough

cant_get_enough

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:01 PM

I think that there is a group of people who believe something like that, but I'm not entirely sure.
Rebecca

#4 Taren

Taren

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

Meg made up The Order of the Bear, but there are similar groups devoted to preserving the memory of King Arthur and all that out there. Chances are if there's a secret society like the one in Avalon High it's not going to be found in a quick google search -on account of, you know, being a secret and all.

#5 luvrofromance

luvrofromance

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:51 PM

i have to agree with you there. like, i really don't think that a drug dealer would put his site up on google, because thats kind of against the law. I'm not saying that tootb is illeagle or bad or anything like that, but things like that are just not commonly posted on the internet, unless there is a psycho who got kicked out of the group or something and is out for bloodthirsty revenge. :D That's all i have to say.

#6 Trinity

Trinity

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

um...i-dont-think-so....even the order has a funny name... :P

Wondering why it has a funny name? Artor means bear another form of the name Artor is Arthur. I'm becoming to be an expert on the Arthurian legend. ;)

#7 emillydstrange

emillydstrange

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:22 AM

There are orders that belive that King Auther is sleeping and will rise again when the world needs him most.

#8 Dontcry4me07

Dontcry4me07

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:19 AM

um....im not really that sure

ericka :m:

#9 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Meg made up The Order of the Bear, but there are similar groups devoted to preserving the memory of King Arthur and all that out there. Chances are if there's a secret society like the one in Avalon High it's not going to be found in a quick google search -on account of, you know, being a secret and all.

first of all you are correct second of all lmao.

there are people who believe he will rule again but as too there name i have no idea.

i believe meg did the bear because that was king arthurs favorite animal, as well as the similarity in names.

kat

#10 ~mytruequerida~

~mytruequerida~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

The poem 'The Lady of Shalott' by Tennyson is thought
to be loosely based on Elaine, the fair maid who was in
love with Sir Lancelot of Arthurian legend, as portrayed
in Sir Thomas Malory's 'Morte D'Arthur'.
Lancelot, alas, only had eyes for Queen Guinevere, so
Elaine locked herself in a tower on the island of Shalott and died of a broken heart..

sad ain't it? lol

#11 AdDiCteD_ReAdEr

AdDiCteD_ReAdEr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

Elaine locked herself in a tower on the island of Shalott and died of a broken heart..

sad ain't it? lol

yeah it is pretty sad! -_- :heartbeat:

#12 collie lover

collie lover

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:29 PM

Why would anyone kill themselves about a guy?

#13 Lorlei

Lorlei

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

Umm I don't know! I was kinda wondering the smae thing myself awhile ago... not that I would join :) But it would be interesting if their was.

#14 Jesse_and_Me

Jesse_and_Me

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

sad ain't it? lol

yeah. i actually found the poem & posted it on here.

#15 DeadLady

DeadLady

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

I searched it,its not real(unfortunetly) :mellow:

#16 avalon_rose

avalon_rose

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

As far as Arthurian characters go, Elaine was a real lady. Her death was all because Lancelot was a jerk.

Here: Lancelot visits Elaine's family, and she falls in love with him and asks him to wear her token at a tournament. He does, but uses Elaine's brothers shield as a disguise because Guinevere would be at the tournament (which, you know, is a solid basis for that relationship). Lancelot kicks serious butt, but does get injured. Elaine nurses him to health, they have sex, Lancelot tries to pay her, she's like "Jerk, get out of my family estate!, he goes to Guinevere, man *^&$^& that he was, Elaine loves him though, so she dies of a broken heart, and then Lancelot pays for her funeral, as per her request.

Cool, huh?

#17 Nero-Flamewind

Nero-Flamewind

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:32 PM

Is there really an order of the bear that believes that king arthur will be reincarnated, because i am interested,
not that i would join or anything (i would sooner become a scientologist)
but it is kinda interesting.

Thanks, Jamaca.

I don't think there is but...it would be great if there was and some people think that there was not King Arthur at all. Well I really liked Avalon High and a reincarnated Arthur is a great story. Also what was Ellie again? She gave Arthur his sword at the end.

#18 Reader the Fish

Reader the Fish

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

The Order of the bear is invented by Meg Cabot,but it's really hard to understand "the legend" can someone explain? :user: :icon_eek:

#19 alitude14a

alitude14a

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

There may or may not be an order of the bear. But there probabaly are some whackos who believe King Arthur will be reincarnated. I however, don't believe it. King Arthur may not have even been real, though there is some good proof, but other areas are shady.

#20 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well i think there is actually be an order which would be really cool. I would want to be in it but i dont believe it is true!!

#21 John Arthur

John Arthur

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

There are orders that belive that King Auther is sleeping and will rise again when the world needs him most.

I am 65 years old and white haired, and have actually been initiated into a few orders. The name Arthur (one of my personal birthnames) means bear, and refers to the only star in the sky that appears unmoved as the sky seemingly rotates at night This is the star Alpha Ursa Minoris in the Constellation we call the Little Dipper (aka The Plough/The Wagon/The Little Bear). Alpha means it is the brightest in the constellation "Ursa Minoris", which is a Latin name meaning "little bear".

Look up the book on the research of Florence Wood, Homers Secret Iliad.

The position of the star as a "Nail of Heaven", the Northern POLESTAR at the axis point (The North Celestial Pole) of the celestial sphere over our heads is certainly regal enough to be associated with the King. The Zodiac surrounds this point like the edge of a Round Table around which sit 12 Constellations on the Ecliptic, which is the path/plane of the Sun, Moon and the planets.

The PROCESSION of the year, as the sun rises with each of the 12 (month) signs of the zodiac in turn, occurs as we move forward through the 12 months of the year. The PRECESSION of the equinoxes (the start point of a solar year, like "zero degrees Aries") through the Great Year moves 1 degree BACKWARDS through the zodiac every 72 years. Since 30 degrees/one sign every 30 * 72 = a Great Month of 2160 years. This is also called an astrological age, like the current "Age of Aquarius"which just superseded the "Age of Pisces".

If "King Auther is sleeping and will rise again when the world needs him most..."

then you may expect the next incarnation of the ruler of the age to come at the beginning of a new age, the Aquarian Age now starting. Call it the Age of Technology, since technology, at the time the Aquarian "water bearer" symbol was invented, meant water in the Egyptian desert... massive, obsessive irrigation. Nowadays, iPads and iPhones are the leading edge of technology, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are folk heros, and Star Wars is a new mythology.

This is a lot of information, I know, but the varous true orders of the world place the prececession of the equinoxes at the center of their transmission, since it is the inspiring central story of the pattern human growth over the long haul and helps us all see our place in the big picture. It is just as important as understanding sunrise and sunset or midsummer and midwinter.

If any of this tugs at your curiosity, start first by looking up the prececession of the equinoxes.

If anything confuses you, remember the words of my nephew the Zen Master's student.. (Yes, for real),,,

"Did ja Google it??"

#22 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Very cool discussion!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users